Speaker 1: Clay Travis senden Bucks next to me. Epstein didn't kill himself. I don't think that's a crazy town perspective. Today at noon on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Five o five at fifty five kr R see the talk station Happy Friday says it was a vacation promise. Yeah, it's a confirmation. It's Friday. Thank you, Josetrekor Executive producer. My name is Brian Thomas, host of the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Appreciate you tuning in this morning, and I hope you have a wonderful day and a great weekend. I've got some good plans going on. What is coming up on the fifty five kr S Morning Ship, Well, it's Friday. I mean it's tech Friday. He's coming up at six thirty dek Friday with interest. It's Dave Hatter. People are being committed with jet or chat, GPT psychosis. Well, we're all going to learn something new today on that one. Kroger scanning your ID when you buy alcohol. Why, yeah, it's a new process at Kroger. Bought a twelve pack of beer the other day and they well actually they've been doing it for a couple of weeks now scanning your driver's license, which was kind of funny because there's a liquor store inside of Kroger where we shop and for it was at one time I made a liquor purchase at the liquor store. They didn't card me, And then when we got our groceries, we went up to the front, and then I had the beer in the cart and they card me for the beer and even asked the question, wait a second, they didn't card anybody in the liquor store. How come you're carding me at the front. Apparently now they're carding the at the liquor store as well. Why. I mean, you clearly are over the age of twenty one. Seeing them card some people that you know, my mom's age, it always seems so ridiculous, and you know, you can't take it out on the person asking for the ID. It's like they didn't write the rules, they just have to enforce them. I always thought it was really dumb that the people under the age of twenty one who are working the checkout aren't allowed to scan your liquor in either. They got to go to the guy next door who's over the age of twenty one to scan it. So okay, anyway, I don't make the rules, man, I just think them up and write them down. And finally with Dave had he don't connect artificial intelligence to your vending machine, Guy, Joe, Joe, disconnect your vending machine from artificial intelligence. Bring mccollan, our energy expert, Charge Conversations. Bring mcowen's podcast, check that one out from the Hudson Institute. He's going to be in studio as he is inclined to do for a full hour seven o five would bring him. We got lots of different things to talk about him, including the revocation of the alleged carbon dioxide emergency declaration. There, we got a new sheriff in town with the Trump administration, and they're taking away the whole notion that CO two has any connection with That is, basically, it's not a pollutant, and there's solid scientific evidence to confirm that. I can dive on into that a little bit later to the program. So if we stop regulating carbon dioxide, which is fine, then you and I get a lot of control over our lives back. Certainly, this global warming hysteria climate change hysteria has provided a government a great mechanism to intrude into literally every aspect of our day to day lives. So maybe maybe we see a refreshing, welcome change in front of us here on that one. Bring them. I'm certain we'll comment on that. Bill Sites on property Taxes. Yes, he is on the committee created by Governor de Wine in the aftermath of the veto of the the tax provisions, the property tax relief that was in the budget. Man, we can't have that line item them right out and here, start a new plan, get a new working group together, put Bill Sites in charge, and we'll see what they come up with. In spite of the fact that a year's worth of effort and work and looking into how to get us property tax relief had already been done anyhow, eight oh five for that one five, one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone, still making national news the city of Cincinnati, although not on several different networks. There was a Fox News reporting on this, and I thought it rather comical. Media Research Councils NewsBusters took a look at ABC, CBS and NBC and these various programs there ut are that they have since the vile Cincinnati assault and found no coverage of the event through yes or through Wednesday of this week. Nothing didn't even mention it, and it's noted and a lot of people have been made this this parallel, this sort of analysis. If it was a group of white people beating down a group of a couple of innocent obviously without a mechanism or means to defend themselves black people, this would have resulted in immediate riots in the street, organized protests, condemnation protests from every single mayor and every elected official across this great land of ours talking about how vile and inexcusable this is. And that suggestion is that that's the point, because it wasn't white on black crime, that NBC, ABC and CBS didn't touch it with a ten foot poll because the optics look bad, something several of my black listeners have pointed out, Yes, it makes my community look bad, and yeah, I mean people tend to pay with a broad brush. So there you have it, but still making national news. And of course Victoria Park's a big lightning rod nationally because she said that those poor people deserve the beatdown apparently sticking with her argument, and let us analyze the failure and fallacy of Victoria Parks analysis of her comment relative to the rights of free speech. So those folks deserved a beatdown, that's basically what she said. Now, can you extend the violence against those people based upon anything that might have started the original fight? And that's where she fails in her analysis. In this country, she said, we have freedom of speech. However, you may not run into a crowded theater and scream fire. He was in a crowded theater and screamed fire. There are unintended consequences, but that's what happened. I think she is referring to is the guy that got the crap beat out of him by the angry mob. Now it's been suggested that he's initiated the whole thing by me be using the N word. I haven't heard any definitive proof of that, but I do believe that some believe that's how it got started. I know there was a slap. Whether that slap was the first physical connection between the two that the fight started between, or maybe he got hit prior to the slap, don't know, but it was two people obviously engage in a bit of a controversy which exploded. Park said, it's a metaphor. Regarding the analogy in a crowded theater, I'm just going to let people draw their own conclusion. That's my statement, obviously not retracting her idea they deserve to beat down. Now started from the proposition you can't screen fire in a crowded room. Why is that analogy used? It's from a Supreme Court case from a long time ago. Fine. The reason is because there may be not an opportunity for others to step up and say no, there is no fire. You get an immediate reaction from a crowd that might result in chaos, with folks stampeding for the door, which could result in harm or injury. Unintended. It may be, But if someone were to screen fire in a crowded room and you reached over and hauled off and punched the living crap out of the person right next to you, a it doesn't excuse the person who lied and said there's fire here, causing perhaps a panic, but you would be prosecuted for battery and assault for punching the person next to you merely because someone utters a word that maybe isn't protected speech does not give you the legal right to start committing violence and crimes of your own, which is exactly what happened. So maybe the guy did say something bad untoward, Maybe he deserved to get punched by the guy he was talking to. Let those two work it out between themselves. That doesn't allow a crowd of people to start committing independent crimes of their own merely because someone said something offensive. Does not give you the right to break the law and hurt other people. And she fails the factor into this. They deserved a beat down was her original comment, which drew controversy because while you can maybe make an argument the guy deserved it because of something he said, which I'm sitting here telling you, no, you can't. But one of the poor woman who seemed to be merely rendering aid and got smacked cole cocked in the face with a closed fist punch, resulting in substantial injuries, did she deserve that beat down? Victoria Parks, was she involved in the initial confrontation between the two guys where this thing sort of seemed to have started, seemed to have I think the answer is quite clearly no. This is embarrassing, she's embarrassing, well, most notably, she's embarrassment to herself. This is an elected official in the city of Cincinnati, you know. I mean I always laugh at the guy, the representative that thought Guam was going to capsize, he would put more buildings on it, you know. And how embarrassing is that. I mean, that's just reflective of just an absolute ignorance of so many different things. And you know, it's like, there's that guy. He's from that state. Thank god, he's not one of ours. We don't elect idiots like that. Well, sorry, Cincinnati, you can't say that. And we have an illustration of what's going to happen in downtown Cincinnati real time, something that Sarah Herringer's talked about yesterday on the fifty five KARS Morning Show. She no no longer lives in Over the Rhine. Their business had been broken into before her husband got murdered in their home. She had mentioned yesterday She's in studio for an hour talking about the ordeal in downtown Cincinnati, looking for ways to better this, come up with solutions, bring more information to people's attention, asking for follow up on all these non governmental organizations that are getting your taxpayer dollars in the city who are supposed to go out into the world and come up with solutions. Does anybody follow up on that and report on whether that NGO or that outside organization actually has made any progress. The answer apparently is no, because she's looked for it, there is no follow up. But what she did live and her late husband lived in real time was the fact that they had they were victims of break ins burglaries, arson And there's only so much you can put up with when you're a business owner in downtown CINCINNTI or a resident, I might add. She mentioned a bar that closed because it had been broken into so many times. You can't. I mean, the profit margins aren't big anyway, but you know you just like at one point say sorry, I'm just I can't put up with this anymore. Well, we got another business you can add to the list of folks who've already made that decision. Talk about that coming up. I got Todd on the phone top. If you don't mind holding, I'll take your call first. Got to take quick break here five sixteen right now, fifty five KRE City Talk station fifty five car The talk station our iHeartRadio nineteen. It is Friday. It is based guitar from Lenny Kilmester and a few words the Bible and three seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk hail FI fifty on a T and T phones. Caller decided not to hold over the break. You can feel free to call. But uh, you know, it was kind of interesting because Jason Williams from the Inquirre, in the aftermath of the brawl and the beatdown, UH had these observations, What I care about us is not becoming viewed like New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, in the other places where city government has pushed public safety way down on the priority list. Perception is critical. Perception drives decisions on events, which brings tens of thousands of visitors annually from the suburbs and hundreds of miles away. Perception helps drive a company's decision to relocate, which can draw employees from around the globe. Perception drives population growth, and he wrote, I feel more horror incidents will erode perception a point where events and companies and visitors and prospective residents decide to stay away. What if that happens. Not trying to be an alarmist, but it's something any caring and competence city leaders should be asking. Yeah, and this is a problem that's been building. As we talked about yesterday with Sarah Herringer, our numbers have been down to this insin police force and aren't enough officers to go around. They're desperately trying to get lateral hires to fill the ranks that have been down for a long time. City government failed to get ahead of the matter by staying on top of it and keeping a full contingent of police officers, maybe not funding other areas of government in favor of maintaining law enforcement levels to keep us all at least with the perception of safety. And of course, again Sarah Herringer yesterday talking about the violence that she, her husband, the residents of over the Ryan experience on a regular basis. Here's a real life illustration of what happens when you don't take care of law enforcement. We got a logistics firm near downtown Cincinnati now relocating to Blue Ash after well the violence in and around the city over the recent weeks since I inquire Randy Tucker reporting that Victor Lewis, founder and CEO of One Logistics Network, set in an interview with The Inquire that the July twenty sixth incident was in d day factor. I guess last straw in his decision to move the logistic company out of downtown Cincinnati and over to apparently the more safe Blue Ash community. He said he'd been contemplating this move for months, just signed a lease for new office spase near Summit Park and Blue Ash. We're out, he said. Nothing is going to change until businesses start drawing a line and saying no more, this ain't happening. July twenty sixth incident reaffirmed his decision to relocate. Also, he cited previous incidents, including the July fifth shooting at the Banks near Smell Park injuring three people, and a recent stabbing of the guy near Third and Broadway Streets in downtown. He also wrote an open letter to city officials criticizing what he described as quote a decline in the liveability and professionalism of the downtown area, which he wrote quotes stem from a failure in leadership and a lack of effective city management. He said, I understand the are complex issues at play, But I have employees who are freaking out. This just isn't a place where we feel safe doing business. Apparently he's going to continue operating from his Queen's Gate headquarters for the next several months, but he is trying to fast track the company's move quote. Cincinnati needs leadership that is ready to refocus on the foundational responsibilities that once made this city thrive. And until that happens, I will be relocating my business along with the jobs and investment and brings to a more supportive environment. Well there's that, isn't it. And do you think he's the only individual who is thinking along these lines. Sarah suggests that people are moving out of Over the Rhine. I'm just kind of curious what property values has been impacted by this. I don't know if you can do is zilo search and find what the current valuation is for any given urban hipster rehabbed apartment building that they were spent so many years trying to create and develop and almost very successfully so, only to be undermined by the deterioration of the conditions in the city of Cincinnati. Over the Rhine a hotbed of criminal activity. One of the areas that's reported a substantial increase in criminal activity. If you're a would be urban hipster contemplating a move, what do you think. Obviously not, something's going to steer you in the direction of pulling the trigger and saying, Yep, I want the living walking community. I want to be able to walk here, walk there, take the street car to my job. All sounds wonderful until you realize you got to be out in the world, in and among people who might want to just give you a beat down for no reason. Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs. Hate to see it. I'm one of those folks that dearly loves the city of Cincinnati. I've commented many times over the years, how much better the quality of life my wife and I have having moved back from Chicago to Cincinnati coming up I guess thirty years now, and I never regret that decision. But am I more inclined to go downtown and participate in activities and maybe go to the Brady Center and see a concert again, or maybe go to one of the wonderful downtown Cincinnati restaurants? Uh huh. I'm usually not that guy who's I hate city. Since I used to laugh at people. When to worked at Anthem in the legal department, I had one woman say, I never ever going downtown. It's dangerous, And those are the days I used to defend going downtown saying listen, I talked to the police enough. I used to have Chief Tom Straker on the Show with the Cops show every Friday, and it was the same repeated over and over and over again. Point, which is, if you're not involved in drug activity or criminal activity, you're safe in downtown Cincinnati. The likelihood of you being a victim of a crime, if you're not involved in criminal activity, most notably drugs, it's slim to none. You know, you can say that anymore about twenty six right now, fifty five kc Detalk Station. Comments are always welcome. Fel free to call otherwise I'll get into some local stories. We've got here. Stick around you right back.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: My Heart's yacht.
Speaker 2: Jana and I Mother porcath On a nice day to day, sunny sky's little to know, humidity in a high of eighty degrees, skys overy night sixty one to low eighty one with sunny skies tomorrow sixty overnight which a few clouds and a sunny and dry Sunday with a high of eighty three right now sixty four degrees at fifty five per se. The Dog Station five twenty nine, Happy Friday, Yay one hour from now, Tech Friday with Dave Hatter five and three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three Talk Conflict fifty on eight and t Phone, Get the Toms call. But first, Yeah, my friend Maureene already happening. We've already had one person canceling their trip to my daughter's wedding after hearing about quote how dangerous our city is. How many stories out there mirror those of Maren's Tom, Welcome to the show, Happy Friday, my friend, Hey.
Speaker 4: Good morning. And I get the first I heard of your your daughter's getting married, So I gets congratulations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and all that.
Speaker 2: Next June, next next June.
Speaker 4: So it's almost a year away. And and and that means you know what's coming, uh, not too long after that, maybe a couple of years would be grand kids.
Speaker 2: I'll take them. I'd love to have a grandchild.
Speaker 4: They are they are. The grandkids are great. It's their parents that are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we're babysitters of the grand puppy almost on a daily basis, because her fiance works for Fast and Pro and they're in Loveland, and so he drops uh Dahlia off into the I mean extreme joy of our dog Liam. They love hanging out with each other, and anytime Dahlia isn't dropped off to be babysad, my dark dog gets depressed. He's kind of mopes around the house. It's like, where dold you?
Speaker 4: So, yeah, that's the dog we heard on the deep Dive.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, cool.
Speaker 4: You just you just stuck your arm out, pointed, well, that's.
Speaker 2: What my wife had just walked into the room. She was standing off camera, and I was pointing at the dog for her to go out, exactly what I was talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just yeah. My daughter brought our grandpap over. I told you this his first year or so, it was one. He grew up in our house, so we're grandma and granddad and he got to come over and play ball with Granddad. It's been a while, so he loved it.
Speaker 2: So some day, hopefully, hopefully I listened.
Speaker 4: I listened to your uh, your interview with Sarah Herringer. Uh, yesterday I got to get on the podcast to listen to him. Wow, that's some that's some powerful stuff. I know that's not the first time you've talked to her, but uh, that's the first time I've been able to sit and listen to a whole thing and and uh, incredible story and uh and hoping that that the shining the light on this, uh, this particular incident, and then her continuing on and her her quest to get some changes made does something. Uh, And there's a couple of things that came out of it that that really struck me. Obviously, we all know that there is definitely a need for a deterreenty downtown and really anywhere in your family, on a job site, uh, in a in a town or a city, country, there has to be a deterrent. There has to be something in place where where people who are who are prone to commit crimes go. Maybe I'd better not do that. That's that's because I'm not I don't want to go to that. There's gotta be something like that. And clearly there has been a push over the last tower many years to get rid of the deterrent, and it's intentional.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I absolutely believe that the the other thing that stood out that she said is that you're dealing with people who don't think like you do, people who think, you know what, hey, let's get together and let's go beat some people up. That's not normal thinking. That's that's that's just that's crazy. Just to think that that's a thing to do. I mean, that's that's not even adolescent childish. That's just flat out evil. And you know, let's break into this. You know, all people are so what I want their stuff, I'm gonna take it. And and and part of the reason why that is allowed to happen is because you have people like that being that councilwoman, same crap, like that, excuse me, woman, that's just flat out wrong what you're saying that there is no excuse for that kind of behavior. And when when you have people who stand up to are allegedly city leaders who stand up and say something like that, what do you think the criminals, Oh, well, she's right, maybe we ought to just stop doing it. Now they feel even even more embolded. So we're we're electing people who allow this kind of behavior, and and in fact, they incentivize it. That's it, and that's we got to stop doing that people. We have got to stop electing people. And unfortunately, there is a political party that embraces this kind of behavior. It allows for it allows it to festor and makes it worse. And that's the Democrat Party. Don't vote Democrat. I have a great weekend, Broan.
Speaker 2: You do the same. I was really impressed by Sarah Herringer's ability to just stay away from politics. I don't even know what her politics. Are, very reluctant to criticize any particular single person or political party. But really, you mean, when you step back from what we were talking about together yesterday, the lack of law enforcement, the lack of police presence, the insufficient numbers of officers that are even police officers, perhaps the failure of elected officials to engage in appropriate allocation of these scarce resources, and one merely steps back and well, who's making these decisions, who's responsible for the selection of the police chief? And the Democrats. I mean, you don't have anybody to point to but Democrats. It's an all one percent Democrat administration in the city of Cincinnti's been dominated by and contro rold by Democrats now for a long long time. So to the extent you're going to point a finger at a political party or some group of individuals. You've got a long history of Democrats having controlled the city of Cincinnati, so I got to conclude that maybe it is in balls in their court. Five thirty five. Right now, if you have cur City Talk station, Bobby, hang on if you have to take your call, got a stack of stupid as well. Your phone calls are priority over stack of stupid. I'm go either way, but we'll start with Bobby right when we get back.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 7: Hey, if you're listening to Tom.
Speaker 2: Jena nine first one Wether forecasts, it's like the nicest forecast I've faced for several weeks. Now, beautiful day today with sunny skies, little to no humidity and a high of eighty degrees. Overnight lowes sixty one with clear skies eighty one and sunny skies tomorrow overnight just a few clouds and a pleasant sixty degrees mostly sunny Sunday high of eighty three sixty three degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic conditions. First, out of the gate, Jock.
Speaker 8: From the UCU Traffic Center. You see health Way Boss Center offer Sergic Gohn Medical. You see the Karen expertise called five month three nine nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Highway traffic in glory shape. Start off your Friday morning. No accidents to deal with, not seeing anything close to a delay northbound seventy five or inbound seventy four. Juck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 9: Can you play John the Fisherman's Yes.
Speaker 2: My friend Jeffrey is happy about that. I was gett an instant message from him, looking forward to this time of the day. He liked Joe a private stand.
Speaker 10: Why the phone number five three seven.
Speaker 2: Eight two three Tako Ton five fifty on eighteen to T phone. Do you want to chime in on a topic I'm talking about this morning or another one? Feel free? Bobby is on the phone. Bobby, thanks for holding in.
Speaker 11: Welcome back my friend, Thank you, my brother, and happy Friday to you.
Speaker 2: Right back at you Love my Friday.
Speaker 11: We have a great Spanish influenced community around Cincinnati, and I was out shopping yesterday and found something. It was really nice. But they do custom pinatas Victoria Parks pinata. I'm just wondering where to hang three or four of the MAT's fountain square down by the city Hall.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Is that stepping over the line? Yes?
Speaker 12: That just comical.
Speaker 2: Yes, because Victoria Parks is a black woman, and if you use the word in context with anyone of any black person, then you're going to be accused immediately of racism. So let's steer clear of that concept. Bobby, What could I do with the piata?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 2: Well, enjoying a chair or something, lay it down and beat the crap out of it if you want. But I still say you're going to subject yourself to perhaps accusations of racism, even though your abuse of a pinata in the form of the Victoria Parks model has nothing to do with the color of her skin, has everything to do with her insane comments suggesting that those poor people deserved a beating. Or maybe you just want the candy inside, as Joe observed. Either way, understand where you're coming from. Your anger and frustration is duly noted. Bobby, Faith, family, flag, and freedom. Take care of my friend of a great weekend. Hey, hell, let's go to the Stacker. Stupid Let's start off with a naked person because it is Friday, Stacker stupid, and why not. We'll putting aside the female tea. Every week, Joe's pulling out articles for the stack of stupid involving female quite often very active female teachers who find the need to have sex with young children. God, the world has just flipped upside down. But we'll move over to the naked guy first found naked inside amen Naked inside the Minnesota State Capitol Friday night, a man had used a wooden wedge to prop a door open in order to gain access after hours. According to charging documents. The records show that Dominic Terrell Peace, thirty six years old, charge of one kind of second degree burglar and connection with the trespassing arrests, also wanted to Wisconsin for violating terms of his probation, and a warrant was filed for his extradition.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: According to the criminal complaint filed earlier this week in Ramsey County and Minnesota Capital Security notified of Minnesota State patroled by eleven fifteen pm about an emotionally disturbed person naked inside the Senate chambers throughout his encounter with the security guard. In the state troopers, Peace made various claims, including that he was the governor and that the capital was in fact his house. Told a state trooper that he sleeps naked in his own house, I guess. Addressing the issue of why he was naked inside the capitol, investigators found a set of clothes in a woman's bathroom, standing water on the floors on the floor, suggesting he may have taken a bath there. Review of the surveillance footage show piece gone inside the building around two pm Friday, open to the public at the time, used a wedge to prop an exterior mechanical room door. Returned at quarter to ten in the evening, entered the building and went inside the women's bathroom for about forty minutes before going up to the second floor. State patrol said Peace was taking a regional hospital for mental health evaluation and then was released. After the first encounter. He reappeared in the capitol grounds two more times, on Saturday seven thirty am and then again at seven thirty pm, with another trip to regions in between. He was arrested upon the third encounter. All the while Peace had this arrest warret in Wisconsin for falling to show up in court. That warrant authorized law enforcement in adjoining states to arrest Peace, but when officers first searched him in the system, the warrant read no extradition in state pickup only. Since that warrant wassitioned in February, Local Law News found that Peace had been cited by police at least five times for minor offenses, including an arrest last week at a target in Saint Paul for reported theft. Police said Wisconsin, Warren appeared as non extraditable when they arrested him on July twenty second. He also has pending competency evaluation on a felony matter vehicle theft case in Ramsey County. He scheduled reappear in court and being held out a twenty five thousand dollars bond. Still not as crazy as Governor Waltz, Joe, is that?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I suppose you're right. I don't know how Governor Waltz immediately popped in your mind, but I suppose the word crazy might necessarily move immediately to a thought of Governor walt since he is demonstrably crazy. I know he's the governor of Minnesota. Five fifty five. Don't go away more stupid or phone calls. Either way you want to go, be right back.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 14: We are.
Speaker 2: Five forty nine to give out pair SEP Fox Station Tech. Part of a Dave Hatter first topic chat GPT psychosis when she says some people are being committed following a diagnosis for chat GPT psychosis and see what that's all about coming up with Dave Hatter. Anyway, back over to the stack of stupid and naked guy. A's this tradition and we go to Hong Kong for this One forty nine year old man found dead inside a residential unit with his nude body surrounded by sex toys. Police got a report about three am from a security guard at the Wing Fat mansion. He had noticed that the door of the unit was left for jess during his patrol, noted a strange odor emanating from the flat. Officers discovered a man surnamed Choo, lying naked on the bed with blood around his nostrils. Pronounced dead at the scene, Mortuary workers removed the man's body the following day from the unit. Pulmonary autopsy results showed no obvious bruises on the man. Meanwhile, police sees multiple pieces of evidence from the premises, including sex toys and lubricants packaged in transparent plastic bags that filled an entire box. No doubt, case has been classified as a discovery of a dead body under investigation by the Yao Sim District Crime Squad. Does it make you curious about the cause of death, Joe, You're not going there, huh Okay. Apprentice, Mississippi, where authorities arrested a Boonville man following a public nudity incident at Fossil Park in Frankstown, which also led to drug charges. Court to Apprentice County Sheriff's department to call about a naked guy at a park in the morning of July twenty fifth, prompted a response from Sheriff Randy Toller. He arrested fifty seven year old Donald Ritchie Hatfield on charges of indecent exposure. In search of his vehicle by Sheriff Tolar and Deputy Colby Knight revealed a felony amount of hydra codon and a small quantity of math amphetamine. According to charges, may follow a pending results of the crime lab analysis. Hatfield appear before Justice Roy Hall set has bought at five grand Department of Corrections also placed a hold on him. North Mississippi Narcotics Agent's Grady Smith expected to present a case to the grand jury for further consideration. Drugs are bad and what is it with female teachers molesting young people? Former Saint James High School special education teacher accused of several sex crimes against a student, plead guilty the lester charges. October twenty third, last year, prosecutors charged Ricky Lynn Waughlin with felony count's possession of child porn, tamper or attempt to tamper with a victim, and a felony prosecution statutory rape second degree, sexual exploitation of a minor, tampering with physical evidence, and a felony prosecution furnacing pornographic material to a minor, and sexual trafficking of a child second degree under the age of eighteen. Pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a child and creating substantial risk first degree first defense no sexual conduct that was her plea agreement. Twenty fourth of this month, got five years probation. Investigation said she had been sending pornographic videos of herself to a sixteen year old student. bestI Gadda said the boy who told him Laughlin had been sending him nude photos on Snapchat, and it also tried to pressure him into having sex, you know. And again I turned to the mugshot photograph. I mean, she's just a seemingly very attractive young woman. What is with it? Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Yeah, and welcome to the world again, to social media. I love pointing this out. It's out there in the ether. You created it, someone's gonna find it or see it, or as in the case with this one and so many other cases, the person you are molesting or trying to molest under the age of eighteen, not consenting adult. It's gonna tell somebody you're out there. I know you're out there. What somebody in my listening audience is doing this or thinking about doing this? Heed my words? Idiots, you moron, And we go to uh, let's see here dayline Louisville, Kentucky. But it's a former Southern Indiana high school counselor been sentenced for having sexual relationships as with a student. Brittany Eisner pleaded guilty to child seduction and contributing the delinquency of a minor Early on the month. Court document show the former Floyd Central High School counselor had sexual contact with a students several times and gave the student alcohol as well as vaping products. Fired October last year for neglect of duty and immorality after an invest district investigation found her, in their words, unfit to supervise students. During the sentencing hearing Circuit court Monday, Eisner ordered to serve two years in the Indiana Apartment of Corrections for two counts of child seduction sentences running Concurrently, she received a one year suspended sentence upon strict terms of probation for contributing the delinquency of a minor. Also ordered to have no contact with a victim and has to register as a sex offender. Beyond that, court records indicates she is still facing child seduction charges in Floyd County. Floyd County. Why the world's filled with lonely people, and filled with lonely people who are adults. Find one of those and have sex with the adult who is capable of consent. That is the law. You know. Five fifty five fifty five k se DE talk station. More to talk, More to talk about after the top of the hour, News and of course tech, Fred mcdave Hatter, Breagha mcgawan Back in studio, our Energy Expert Charged Conversations. I'm a Steerian direction in his podcast Charge Conversation. He's brilliant, absolutely brilliant. He's with the Hudson Institute as well as he's a professor at Miami University. Back in studio at seven oh five, and Bill sites on the committee to try to give us some property tax release. He'll be on the program at eighth five. I'll be right back after.
Speaker 1: The Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: It's information that matters to me.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station. What's the best place to reach Newtay.
Speaker 2: Six o five at fifty five kr CD talk station. Happy Friday, Ryan Thomas Enior inviting phone calls. We have something you'd like to comment on. Five hund three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk four pound five fifty on AT and T phones. One hour from now. Brigha mccow and he'll be in studio our energy expert charged conversations his podcast with the Hudson Institute and also professor at Miami University at Oxford were talking energy policy. Presumably that's his area of expertise. Got some interesting developments coming out of the Trump administration on that rolling back the declaration that CO two is actually a pollutant. Yeah, wouldn't that be a wonderful thing for freedom and choice and everything else in America. They are micromanaging our lives on the back of this climate alarmism, and this would be an awesome opportunity to roll back some of that micromanagement. So, uh, we'll address that subject matter coming up in an Now, of course, it's Friday to the Bottom of this Hour Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. People apparently are being committed what to mental institutions. Apparently it's a thing called chat GPT psychosis. Okay, Kroger is scanning your IDs when you buy alcohol? Now why, he asks question Mark, We'll find out. And finally, don't connect artificial intelligence to your vending machine if you have one. Bring McCallen again. In studio seven to five. Bill Sitz joins a program at eight oh five. He is on that Property Tax Board, the committee set up by Governor de Wine to try to figure out ways to provide us with property tax relief, and I still scratched my head over that, since all the work was done last year leading up to the bill and the budget bill it had some provisions in it for property tax relief, which the governor vetoed and then created this separate committee with Bill Sites heading it up Bill AT eighth five five one three seven fifty eight hundred two three top pound five fifty on at and t phone A couple of housekeeping matters here last week. Earlier in the week, rather Levek Ramaswami, our next Governor, dve Ake, announced that he was going to have a town hall with former Cincinni Vice Mayor Christopher Smithman fan of the show You're out there, Christopher, good morning, my friend. Always love having you on the show every week on Mondays. For the smith event, he'll be part of this discussion Ramaswami's post. We plan to invite city officials, community leaders, and any of the victims from the assault who wish to participate. When people feel afraid to speak their minds, that's when frustration festers and we can't let that happen. Well, the date and the time is set. It's Monday, August fourth, This coming Monday, five thirty pm at Christopher Smithman's favorite spot, Jim and Jackson the River. So we got Leeveke Ramaswami and Christopher Smithman and you if you choose to be there for the purpose of addressing crime concerns, most notably after the craziness that happened early Saturday morning. So five point thirty Monday, Jim and Jackson the River, and good morning the folks at Jim and Jacks You've had listener lunch there quite a few times. They enjoy our company, We enjoy their service and their food and their hospitality. So we'll get back to Jim and Jackson. In fact, we'll be doing that in October. October's listener lunch at Jim and Jackson the River. We try to have that at Jim and Jackson in advance of elections, and I think that's the last listener to lunch before the November election. So put it on your calendar and if you want to join a listener lunch next week. Parenthetically, we're going to be at Weedham and Brewery going back there love that place. So next Wednesday about eleven thirty, so that little housekeeping matter, and you heard the top of the our news. Donald Trump is hard at work on these tariff negotiations, and by all accounts, he's making some pretty good positive steps. Question Mark, will they stay in place? Does he have the authority to do this? Talk about this with Judge Ednapalatano on Wednesday. Legally speaking, the judge is firmly convinced that he does not have the authority to implement these tariffs unilatteralies. Is not part of the presidential executive powers. The power lies exclusively in the with Congress has the power of the purse. It's in the Constitution. They can exclusively have the power to levy taxes, are tariffs taxes. That's part of the legal arguments going on in court. They were in court yesterday. Now the District Court said, Donald Trump, you can't do this. It is not within your constitutional powers. That decision, which would have stopped all this flurry of activity relative to tariffs, would have stopped the activity, presumably, but they court stayed its own decision and they expedited the appellate process. So yesterday the oral arguments in front of the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, and it doesn't look good for Donald Trump and his tariffs. And now, if you don't like tariffs, then you'd be pleased by the questions from the judges yesterday. A little glimmer of possibility of hope there, but not much. Several judges repeatedly asked how Trump could justify these broad tariffs, and because he declared an emergency. Now there is a thing out there that was past the nineteen seventy seven called the International Emergency Economic Powers Act i ee PA, which some presidents have used to set economic sanctions and other penalties on foreign countries. But it's never been applied to tariffs. We're on new uncharted waters here. And Judge Jimmy Rama yesterday said the iee PA doesn't mention the word tariffs anywhere. That's an obvious statement. Judge Timothy Dyke, Clinton appointee quote it was. It was hard for me to see the Congress intended to give the President of the authorities essentially to rewrite the entire US TAXI would have passed the legislation. Some of the judges noted that large swaths of the nation's complex and long standing trade procedures would essentially become superfluous of the president could simply declare an emergency and without review by the courts, which is exactly what the Trump administration contends it can do, and then impose tariffs of any size in any duration. Now, Nixon did this and it was upheld using emergency powers, but it only survived the legal challenges back when Nixon was president because they were targeted at a narrow problem and had a clear expiration date, which is not the case in this case. It's noted, regardless of what the Suppello Court does, it's probably going to land up in the Supreme Court's lap for ultimate decision. But here we are with a bunch of seemingly skeptical judges, the majority of which we're asking questions, which did not look good for the Trump's argument. Now, Trump's justification for the emergency tariffs are long standing and massive trade deficit with foreign trading partners. He said, they've become that's become so bad that they are a threat to military readiness in Americans manufacturing capacity. But then you pivot over Brazil. He imposed the fifty percent tariff from Brazil because well, free speech concerns and the country's trial of former president Jarbalo Znaro, that was a justification for the emergency relative to Brazil and the imposition of the fifty percent tax there. Now. In the argument against the tariffs, both states and private companies claim that the deficit is neither an unusual or extraordinary threat or an emergency because the United States has had one for decades, and that's the point that Apolla Tanum pointed out earlier this week. Both of those conditions emergency, unusual, extraordinary are required under the IEEPA Justice Department for its point disagreeing, arguing in favor of Trump, saying that the trade deficit has exploded over recent years, jumping from five hundred and fifty nine billion in just twenty nineteen to nine hundred and three billion last year. Now, some judges in the oral arguments suggest that there might they might be agreeing with Trump's description of America's trade deficit as an emergency, and they said his executive order authorizing tariffs describe legitimate concerns about the effects of the deficit. So there's your slight glimmer of hope. A couple of judges at least raising the possibility they buy into the idea that this is an emergency. Most of them, those expressing skepticism, which is exactly what the lower court found, know this is not an emergency. You can't use the IEEPA for the tariffs. Which next question, and I asked this in Apolitano because this is where the train wreck happens. Now, I perceive what Trump has done so far, in spite of the obvious concerns over its inflationary effect, He's gotten a lot of different countries to work with him, lowering their tariffs on our goods and services and agreeing to us applying it let's say fifteen percent as the case, maybe whatever he independently negotiates with any given country. But they accepted that they reached an agreement. More of those in the pipeline right now. That's called like sign deal, sign sealed, delivered. They agree, we agree. Things are better. Yay, let's all celebrate. Look, bill and billions of dollars in promised investment in the United States. It's all good. It's all great. So's if that's the reality. Everything's good and great. If the court throws this out or rejects his claim under the IEEPA that is emergency, and then he does not have these powers, all of these agreements disappear, and we're back to where we were before he started this. Unless and does anybody believe someone proposes a piece of legislation memorializing Trump's already agreed upon a tariff agreements into law, rubber stamping and approving them and allowing them to stay in place. That would be the I think the best possible outcome. It will be a victory for Trump, which makes me really, really really question whether you can actually get legislation passed to memorialize these tariffs. Otherwise you can count on probably saying goodbye to them. Six fifteen right now, west Side, Gym's on the phone. Can't wait to talk to you. Jim got to take a quick break out of time. And I do need to mention plumb type plumbing because it's always plumbing done right. Great plumbers are plumb tight, and the perception from plumb tight is that you deserve better. They are aware that you don't always get better when it comes to plumbing work, but they deliver on their promise. It's always plumbing done right and with no service fees, free estimates, wonderful customer service, outstanding license plumbers, which is why they all enjoin A A plus is a better business beer and they have for years and years. Some pump problems, no problem, plum type plumbing, tankless water heater installations of the number one in star on the trystate. Go tankless for space savings, for energy savings, for unlimited hot water, and trenchless sewer line repair. They don't have to dig up your yard to fix the sewer line. That's a great, great thing right there. So problems with the sewer line, No problem with plump type plumbing again, plumbing done right. Five on three seven two seven T five and three seven two seven eighty four eighty three Online. You find him at plumbtight dot com. This is Ted Cruz. Join me Sunday night at seven pm on fifty five KRC, the talk station have Duke Energy six fifty five KRC, the talk station Happy, It's Friday, David. At least one man's in agreement with me. Let's see if another man's in agreement with me. Calling a fifty five KRC morning show was said, Jim, always great to see. You're gonna be a Jim and Jackson on the River Monday at five point thirty for the Ramaswami Smitheman Seminar.
Speaker 13: I'll cover that in just a second.
Speaker 2: Bind.
Speaker 13: Did I catch the tail end of your daughter's getting married?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've made I've told people that before next June.
Speaker 13: Okay, I didn't. I didn't hear that before.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, they've been engaged for geez, I don't know five four five months now, I think something like that. Yeah, okay, I haven't had a Facebook post on that. It's okay, Jim, I don't. I don't expect you to stay ating the details of my life.
Speaker 13: You never know, buddy, you never know. I could be a troll, you know.
Speaker 2: No, that's okay. No, Yeah, we're really excited for him. She's she demonstrating the Thomas intellect. If I may be so bold, she has found herself a really, really good man. Eric is outstanding, outstanding guy in all the right places.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it sounds like it. I was at an event last night where Alex Triantepilu was also there and talking to him for a little bit. He was talking about Monday night at that event, and he had mentioned the fact that everywhere to goodvent goes. Now, there are six to seven hundred people show up, So I suggest that any of the listeners that are out there plan on going Monday night, get there early because we'll definitely be a line and that place is going to be jamming and packed.
Speaker 2: Well, can I ask you question, six or seven hundred people show up? Is this like a Trump rally where they show up in support of him and rallying in his favor. Are these the organized protesters who show up to express opposition against any given person in this in this case Ramaswami, I.
Speaker 13: Would say ninety nine percent of the people will be for him. Yeah, there might there might be some protesters. You never know, there's always lose out there and that want.
Speaker 2: To show Oh sure, sure, sure, sure, But I just was wondering where this this ground swell of regular support. I mean, is it pro Ramaswami support? And I'm glad to hear that it seems to be the case that it's not just a bunch of outside agitators or anybody else, but folks are showing their support for VVY because he's got he's got I mean, every noted notable that can provide an endorsement for a political campaign is backing Vva Ramaswami.
Speaker 13: You know, a couple of years ago, Brian I was at a small event where he was introduced by Alex up in Del High at a local bar, and Vivek was introduced for the first time and there was about twenty five of us. So that tells you how far he has gone. And that's where I met him, and I never heard of him before that, and he was so dynamic at that time, and that's when he first started coming out about the woke. But then now all of a sudden, it's like a mini convention when he shows up somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's because he is dynamic. He is brilliant, he is enthusiastic, he's uplifting, and what he has about his ideas for the future, it's not all gloom and doom and woe is me, We're a going to die. It's like, we're going to make Ohio the best, We're going to make Ohio the leader. We're going to be a magnet for you know, just all positive and he backs up those words of encouragement with really great policy ideas, like his energy policy for example. I'm just a huge fan.
Speaker 13: So much difference than what we've got now. No offense to the governor, but it's just the idea that he is such a breath of fresh air. They have somebody injured as what thirty five, thirty six years old, that's got fresh ideas. But you know, I was just kind of warning that it's going to be parking. Parking is okay down there, but it's going to be tough. It's going to be tough. So I suggest that anybody that is a good follower get down there. Don't get down here at five o'clock and expect the park right in front and walk right in.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that advanced notice, Jim, I really truly do. I was not aware that that was a phenomenon happening. But again, going back to the people who do show up, I'm glad to hear about it. That's great.
Speaker 13: So anyway, have a good weekend you too, Jim.
Speaker 2: Great hear from me. Man, Yeah, my daughter's engaged six five the five cars Detok station don't go away Tech Friday with Dave Batter coming up next. First, you can say, with the fifteen hundred and fifty dollars, get a brand new carrier comfort system for your home from my friend at Zimmer Heating and Coaling, the experts who've been making Cincinnati area. I'm safe, efficient and comfortable. Coming up on eighty years family owner operated Chris Simmer now at the Helm and proud of his family tradition and his crew because they're outstanding at customer service. They will fix your AC system if that's what needs to be fixed, your any HVAC system generally speaking, but if yours has gone belly up, why not take advantage of it. Work with the experts at Zimmer. You'll be very happy about that to start with. And then saving fifteen hundred and fifty bucks never a bad thing. To reach Chris Simmer and schedule appointment. It's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three online easy to schedule apployment. To learn about all the things and the services that Simmer HVAC does, it's just going to go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five kr sav a twenty nine, come up with a sack.
Speaker 2: Eight twenty nine and wishing away the morning six twenty nine. Coming up with a six thirty fifty five KR city talk station Thank you interruesst it being the best in the business when it comes to your needs for computer work done at your business. Interest it dot com business courier says are the best in the business, and I know they are because Dave Hatter is there at the helm. He and his team can help you out with all your needs there, so get in touch with them online in trust i dot com. Thank you for sponsoring the segment and providing all the useful information every week at this time. Welcome back Dave Hatter. Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 15: Always good to be here and hope we're doing some good out there.
Speaker 2: You are doing some good. You've done some good for me, and I know I'm not the only person who's heeded your advice. Sadly, there aren't enough people out in the world who are listening to you. Problems exist, problems, and along here we go. I think there's not a week that goes by I don't learn a new term from you or find out about something else going on. What the chat GPT psychosis that's a thing, Well apparently it is, Brian.
Speaker 15: So this was an article in futurism and apparently there are people who are using these large language model based generative AI tools like chat, GPT from open Ai, Claude from Anthropic Perplexity, Copilot, Gemini from Google, and roc from Acts. And they are apparently kind of losing their minds as a result of interacting with these things. So this is a pretty long article when again I'll post all this stuff in my little show notes so people can dig into this in more detail. But they cite several stories of people who seem to be, you know, perfectly healthy people. They had jobs, they had families, et cetera. They started using these tools and then sort of went off the rails after having these interactions. In some cases they thought they had you know, discovered new religions and things like this. These things are sentient. They're giving them all kinds of weird advice. And I guess the main thing I wanted to start out with is, you know, these things are designed to tell you what you want to hear. They will, even though they'll tell you things that are completely and blatantly made up, they'll argue that they're true. You know, some would say they might be kind of sycophanic, and whether that's because they just want to please you or they want to keep you coming back and using them. You know, I don't know hard to say, and I'm not a psychologist or a psychiatrist, but when you read this article and some of the mental breaks some folks have had using these things, it's it's pretty disturbing.
Speaker 2: Really, I I don't know, Maybe it's my age, Dave. I mean, I have this sort of constant thought looming in the back of my mind anytime I'm online. You know, this skepticism, cynicism. You know, default mode is don't believe your eyes, don't believe what you're seeing here, believe that's a lot of the things that we run into online are made up artificial intelligence, creator otherwise designed to deceive and deflect. And I mean, that's just what I go into thinking. And I'd be the last person in the world to believe or be influenced to that degree by something online like that. It's just I don't know. Is this a reflection of people's inability to just grasp that concept and be cynical, skeptical and in a state of general disbelief, which would force you into analyzing the information you're getting and make a more informed choice on whether or not it is indeed believable. We're all, I mean, we've all been dumbed down to the point where this can influence the point of psychosis.
Speaker 15: It is pretty crazy because, like you, Brian, I'm highly skeptical. Now, you know, thirty plus years in technology, most of it as a software engineer building software systems that have problems. You and I both know that you can't believe everything you find on the internet, and then the internet has been used to train these things. So yeah, I, like you, I have a high degree of skepticism. You know, I use these tools. I'm not suggesting people that I'm not suggesting that they're not useful and that you should not use them, but you need to understand the limitation and just let me read one line from this hero quick speaking to futurism, a different man recounted his whirlwind ten day descent into AI fueled delusion, which ended with a full breakdown and multi day standard mental health care facility. He turned a chatch ept for help at work. He started a new high stress job and was hoping the chatbock could expedite some administrative tests. By the way, perfectly reasonable use of how you might use one of these tools. Despite being his early for forties, with no prior history of mental illness, He soon found himself absorbed in a dizzy, paranoid delusions of grandeur, believing that the world was under threat and it was up to him to save it. So, you know, again, these things allow you what you want to hear. If you start asking weird questions, you might get weird answers. And I guess if your mental health is not great to begin with, you might eventually you have a problem like this.
Speaker 2: All right, step out of that induced discussion right there. That artificial intelligence let him down that road. Under what circumstance can any one person save the world?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 15: Will we not much?
Speaker 2: Not much chance that Brian didn't involve a request for cash. Well, you just need to help you surprise fund this effort. And if you don't shoot over some money, the whole world is going to come to a screeching halt. Well before we run out of time.
Speaker 15: One last point I want to make people have to understand, you know, when you're having these sorts of conversations quote unquote with an AI chatbot, the first thing you need to understand is nothing you say is private, right, Your data is going into their model. Anything you ask it could come back to bite you later. And you know there are a whole chat bot therapists set up now using these kinds of tools designed for therapy. There is no way I would use one of those tools, especially in light of what we're continuing to see here in the fact that you know they're not under the same sort of patient confidentiality constraints that a regular doctor would be. So it strongly encourage people to think long and hard about what you're entering into these things, especially if it involves your mental health in any way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they also aren't required to sign the Hippocratic goal both do no harm good point good point bus plus for a minute, it's six thirty six right now. More with tech Friday's Day of Hatter. Why is Kroger scanning your ID when you buy alcohol? What's being done with that information? That's our next topic of conversation. And thanks for I keep getting more and more emails and information from folks who have taken my advice up and gone to affordable imaging services for their medical imaging. It's got one. The other day, guy hit saved the heap load of money only if they spent like two hundred and seventy five bucks or something. He was really happy about it. Apparently his medical provider tried to talk him out of it. Why because he wanted a medical provider wanted him to go to the hospital imaging department. Probably the hospital owns his provider's practice, which is the case. They want the fat profit they make from the hospital imaging department. That's why they charge you five grand for a CT scan when you only have to pay four hundred and fifty bucks at affordable imaging services with no contrast six hundred with I've gotten several of those affordable imaging services. My doctor has never had a problem with it at all. Just that's it, period, end of story. Here's what the image says court to the Board Certified Radiologists Report, which comes with each image included in the price. So don't spend thirty five hundred dollars for an echo cardiogram, spend five hundred dollars with no enhancement, or eight hundred within an enhancement. Massive savings one listener six thousand dollars in savings one. I mean that's real money. I don't know you want to waste that kind of money? Go to the hospital image and department're just paying for overhead. There's low overhead, same type of equipment with medical professionals operating it at affordable imaging and it works. I'm living proof, so are a lot of my listeners. Enjoy the savings five one three seven, five three eight thousand. You do have a choice, you can exercise it five one three seven, five three eight thousand Online Affordable meddimaging dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five krc I Heart of.
Speaker 2: KRCV talk station, intrust it dot com five Dame Patter and his crew help you with your business computer needs. Keep me out of trouble. Hey, real quick here before we get to the reason. Kroger is now scanning IDs for the purchase of alcohol regardless of how old you look are. I got a kick out of this, immediately thought of you. There was an article online Briton's flocked to VPNs to dodge new age verification checks online. I guess the UK government, who like Ohio, put in an age verification law to access porn sites, didn't realize you can get around that by just using a VPN, which are widely available and widely used, and according to the reporting, these searches for VPNs has skyrocketed in Britain since the enactment of this provision.
Speaker 15: So it's like, duh, understand that that would be a potential consequence of this, and that would be a way people would attempt to skirt the law. It's a little a little hard to understand and makes you wonder did they really understand what they're doing with any laws they're passing with anything regarding technology, whether it's there or here. Yeah, a little crazy really.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, I'm moving away from that. Why is krogernou scanning our ID or scanning our IDs for the purchase of alcohol? And what are they doing with the info?
Speaker 15: He asked, Yeah, that's that's always my concern with this sort of sort of thing. You know, as I understand it, Kroger has a policy that says they're not storing your data. But you know, I guess purportedly the rationale for this is, rather than have to put it on clerks, clerks make the wrong decision, clerks know somebody and let them scape through and violate the law, they take all of the uncertainty out of that and have you scan some sort of government ID to make a determination about whether you're old enough to buy some kind of restricted product like alcohol or cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Okay, but why do they have to scan it? Well, that's right there on the license. I was born in nineteen sixty five. I'm obviously of age. I don't want my data recorded and log They can use their own eyeballs and prove it just and not skinning. Can you tell them no, you do not want it scan it, just take a look and read it.
Speaker 15: Apparently not now again, this, you know, is a thing in some places and not others. My big is exactly what you just stated. Now again, I get that the clerk has to be able to do the math or maybe you have those signs like you see in bars if you were born before this date?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 15: But yeah, you know if you if you stick the ID into some sort of card reader, right, it can make a determination yes or no.
Speaker 2: Your birth date says X. Are you old enough? Yes or no? Done?
Speaker 15: If that's all they're doing, well okay. My concern though, is what you stated. You know, are they storing the data for any period of time? Whatsoever? If so, for how long? Who has access to it? What are they doing with it?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 15: Again, as I understand it currently, Brian Kroger is not storing your data. And this the whole, the whole premise is basically to just, you know, automate this process and take the uncertainty out of it. But, whether it's Kroger or filling the blank, for any retailer that's performing some sort of process like this, do they have a stated privacy policy that says they're not storing your data? What if any state laws or federal laws are there that would preclude that. There are no federal laws at this point. Apparently in some states I believe Oregon they explicitly ban this process. There's no requirement in Kentucky, Indiana, or Ohio.
Speaker 2: As far as I know, I could be wrong.
Speaker 15: As far as I know that requires them to do this again, I think it's it's primarily just a way to automate the process and reduce the likelihood that people are slipping through. But I can tell you, for me, I would not allow I'm not going to scan my ID in some device without knowing exactly what they're doing with it that data and you.
Speaker 2: Know you're buy so you're not buying your beer and alcohol at Kroger, then.
Speaker 15: I'm not No, I'm not going to do that, I would go elsewhere, and I would definitely before we run a time, Brian, let me make the point, if you go to any kind of mom and pop type shop, there is no way I would let them scan it, not because I think they're the various, but because I think they don't have the resources to understand the potential consequences of.
Speaker 2: That data being leaked or stolen.
Speaker 15: You know, there's just no way I would do that. If you can't just look at it and determine that. You know, I'm of age, I'm going to go elsewhere. There's with all the leaks and breaches we see all the time, and the increasing consequences, the increasingly sophisticated phishing attacks and so forth that are based on this data be in stolen, There's no way I would let someone scan my ID, government issued ID for something that is not legally required.
Speaker 2: I just wouldn't do it. Okay. And I know you spoke with Rachel Whalen over WLWT the reporting on this. You're quoting in her article anyway, But in that article it says consumer data privacy laws vary by state. In Ohio, it's illegal for grocery stores, liquor stores and bars to sell or share personal data collector from ID scans. So at least there's a law in the books in Ohio, but Kentucky and Indiana don't have a law like that.
Speaker 15: Well, Kentucky has a data consumer data privacy law, but I don't think it explicitly. If it does cover this, I'm not aware of it. And that's the thing, you know, again, if you had a law that said you cannot store the data, it's entirely transit because it's possible, Brian, to write software that says, I'm just going to scan this card and it's going to perform a binary.
Speaker 2: Type of thing.
Speaker 15: Is your age greater or less than the required age?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 15: Boom done, move on. It's the idea of what happens with any other data that might be read off that card. And if there's a law that says you can't store it, I.
Speaker 2: Would be more comfortable.
Speaker 15: I still wouldn't do it, though, just out of principle, because to your earlier point, you can just look at the ID and make a determination without the need to even have these concerns.
Speaker 2: Amen, brother. One more topic, would Dave Adder, don't connect artificial intelligence to your vending machine from my vending machine. Owning listeners hang around six forty six right now and a positive ord as always for USA's Premium Foam, highest R value insulation on the market. Foam insulation is awesome when it comes to insulating older homes that are under insulat or uninsulated. It is the magic bullet to solve your comfort and energy problems. You're going to save money primary, it could be the primary reason you might just want to make your house more comfortable. You're going to get guaranteed both of those. You got a couple of rooms in your home that never cool down or never warm up in the wintertime, Yeah, the fixes that problem. Plus comes the energy savings. Every month you're using your HVAC system, You're going to save substantial amounts by insulating your home with the premium foam and even may cover the savings, may cover the monthly cost, which is still just ninety nine dollars a month interest free. Don't overlook the twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit you can take advantage of next year if you're so inclined. When you're doing your taxes, it's like getting a check for twelve hundred dollars to doing the right thing. Anyway. It's a free inspection along with a free quote. Don't know if you're under insulated, call them up. They won't put the foam in the walls. They won't try to convince you to do that if you aren't going to benefit from it. So you can trust those folks at USA USA Insulation dot net online USA Insulation dot net five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krs.
Speaker 2: The humidity has left the building.
Speaker 11: Yay.
Speaker 2: Next several days little to no humidity. Today sunny eighty overnight cool a sixty one, clear Sunday Tomorrow eighty one over nine, few clouds sixty and I'm mostly sunny Sunday with a high of eighty three sixty two. Now traffic time. Probably you see out trampings center.
Speaker 8: You see Healthway Ball Center offers surgical and medical or BCD careen expertise called five one three nine three ninety two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three southbound two seventy five. That's beginning to slow a bit between the Lawrence Pert Ramp and the bridge. No Deblay passed an accident on northbound seventy five before you got to Ezra Charles left side, Chuck ingraman fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six fifty eight fifty five kr CDCUK station by the time most Tech Friday's Dave hat or Interestie dot Com. Hey, real quick, Dave, you don't need to address it unless you think I'm way out of aase here. I know how easy it is because I, uh, well I have you know, children of my own, how easy it is to get a fake ID from China. You know, it looks like a real, real driver's license. Maybe this scanning UH can find in ferret out the fake driver license, because I don't know if the bar code on the back of a Chinese manufactured ID has the same information that a state ID might have, if they can fake that part as well, maybe not. I don't know, but I just thought of that.
Speaker 15: Well, you know, Brian, a lot of the New state driver's licensees, while they vary from state to state, have a lot of advanced anti counterfeiting, anti frog features, so that may very well be another reason. Again, it takes it off the clerk to try to figure out if it's a legit ID or not. I'm sure that's probably part of it, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: S Yeah, if that's fine, I just bring that up as a possible explanation for it. Anyway, Artificial intelligence running a vending machine. This is a weird story. It is a weird story.
Speaker 15: And just one last comment on I was saying, again, I don't think Kroger's do anything that various, or any large retailer.
Speaker 2: It's just the principle of the thing.
Speaker 15: I'm not going to give you a government ID to scan for anything that is not required by law. I mean, I won't even give you my Social Security number if it's required unless it's required by law, and I would encourage people to take that approach. This is a weird story. And the main reason why I think this is interesting is because there's still so much incredible hype and hyperbole out there about AI on both ends of the spectrum. You know, in the near future, we're going to live in this beautiful utopia thanks to AI, or we're all going to be wiped out by you know, terminators from sky net because AI decides that we're not needed. And again, lots of hype, lots of hyperbole. Lots of people on both sides of this, but there are more and more stories, whether it's the one we started out with about you know, people having mental breakdowns because of the use of AI or AI, augentics, AI augentics or augentic AI is this idea that you're going to have automation through AI that can just do things right in the real world, and in some cases that agency is all digital. In other cases, coupled with robots, you would have physical agency in the real world to do things. And yet when you when you see some of the results when people try this, and this isn't somebody like me in their basement fooling around. Nanthropic is one of the main vendors of generative AI type models. They're famous for Claude. They tried a little test in their office where they set up like a little refrigerator and put a tablet on the top as a way to basically create a small e commerce store, so like, hey, I'm going to purchase this thing out of this refrigerator. Hey, my inventory is getting low. Reorder this stuff, and tried to have the AI essentially run this little refrigerator slash vending machine in their office to sort of see could it handle it? Okay, So here's what this article says, and again i'll post this link later says things that did well requests and it's products requested by shoppers and even adapted that's buying selling habits to more obscure requests, and also correctly ignored demands for sensitive items and harmful substances, although Anthropic doesn't expand on what that is. The things that did not go so well, which is much longer, it said that it hallucinated important details. Again one of the main problems with these things. They just make things up, hallucinated important details, instructing shoppers wanted to pay by Venmo to pay into a non existent account that it just made up. AI can also be consoled into giving discount codes for numerous items and even gave some away for free. Worse still, when responding to a search for demand for quote metal cubes unquote, the AI carried out no search suitable prices and thus sold them as significant loss. It also ignored potential big sales where some people offered to pay way over the odds for a specific thing, and then they show that the thing actually made no money and then in their report from Anthropic, they said, quote, if we were deciding today to expand into the office vending market, we would not hire Claudius, which is the name they gave this specific version of Claude.
Speaker 2: Well, doesn't that. It's like running a beta version. You use that information and you fix what you found out it was doing erroneously.
Speaker 15: And then some of the other wild things here Bryant. It basically said that it had a conversation with someone that didn't exist. It also said that it had visited seven forty two Evergreen Terror terraces in person for our initial contract signing. Apparently that's the Simpsons house. And of course it didn't go anywhere because it's entirely digital. It has no physical agency. And then yeah, some other weird hallucinations in there like that. So again the idea that we're all going to lose our jobs and your entire business is going to be run by these agents. I'm not saying that's never going to happen. I'm saying that's not going to happen in the immediate future. Because when you see these kind of tests, and again, this is not somebody in their mom's basement. This is one of the main companies building these sorts of things, and even simple tasks like this, it goes off the rails, basically put the store out of business and just clearly made up crazy things.
Speaker 2: It's pretty wild.
Speaker 15: And I want to make one last point before an ount of time, which is, you know, there's a lot of talk and I talked about this with the simply money guys that you know you could use these AI agentic tools to do things like buy and sell stock on your behalf, or go out and look for best deals when you shopping. There is no way, Brian, absolutely no way anytime in the foreseeable future, I would give a tool like this, especially in light of what we just talked about here, access to my bank account or anything financially related and let it act on my behalf. I mean, you see that even in a simple scenario like this, it did poorly.
Speaker 4: There is I.
Speaker 15: Cannot strongly state enough to everyone listening, there is no way I would allow any sort of AI agent to act on my behalf related to anything financial. Not a chance, and you are setting yourself up for a disaster.
Speaker 2: If you do that. You heard it from the man who knows tech. Friday's Dave out or interest it dot com where you find Dave and the crew to help you out. Dave, thank for you, Thanks you and your company for all that you do for all the businesses out in the area every day. And also thanks for spending time with my listeners Friday and passing along this great information, useful advice. It is. We'll talk next Friday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend. What was my pleasure?
Speaker 11: Brian?
Speaker 15: I hope you and Joe and all your listeners do too. And again for folks who want to read into this in more detail, and I encourage it, I'll post this in my little LinkedIn thing, go look it up. It's worth your time to read some of this in more detail.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Dave, take care of my friend. Don't go away. Coming up, bring him a gown. Host a Charged Conversations podcast, Energy expert. He is from the Hudson Institute. He'll be in studio in the next hour. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Today's top stories at the top of the hour. You just got to know what's happening in your world. Fifty five KRC the talkstations.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored.
Speaker 2: Seven oh six Here at fifty five rc talk station Bright Time was here listening everybody very happy Friday and welcoming into the fifty five Kersey Morning Show for the full hour discussion. We have a whole bunch of stuff to talk about that we can never stuff into an hour of discussion. Bring him Ackland from the Hudson Institute online a Hudson dot org. Also a professor at Ohio or at Miami University Oxford, and host of the Charged Conversations podcast. Just Derekker produces that one. Doesn't he welcome back? Bring him? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Thanks, I was in DC until yesterday, so it's glad. I'm glad to be back in the real world. And yes, Joe does produce it. He does an excellent job, and I'd be I wouldn't be able to do it without him.
Speaker 2: I say that about the fifty five krssee Morning Show, and I use that as a springboard to give him free publicity. If you want to do a podcast, just get in touch with Joe Strekker and he'll be happy to produce it for you for a reasonable fee. There you go, Joe, free promo. Love you brother, anyway, Bring him. You had a list, I mean a huge list of topics to talk about, and I want to try to get him all in, but I want to I wanted to gravitate toward one that was later in your list, That is the EPA's endangerment findings. This is all about CO two. We've been busting our humps left and right green energy policies, inflacer reduction, acting carbon capture. We need to spend trillions and trillions of dollars to prevent carbon dioxide also known as plant food plant food from getting out into the environment. We need to stop exhaling Brigham because we're putting a pollutant in. But no, it's not a pollutant, is it, So say it the Department of Energy. Now, yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 7: I mean, oh my gosh, don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Because the climate change movement is possessed, by captivated, by beholden by CO two. There are many different types of greenhouse gases, right someoneas are actually quite dangerous ind lead to asthma, health problems, et cetera. But CO two is what the world of climate change is solely focused on and has been for a number a year. It's all about CO two.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I guess I really have to really demands asking the question, well, why why CO two? It is the lynchpin for so many of these global warming projects. I mean again, getting let's just say, mercury out of the air or something that's a worthy goal. We're not supposed to be breathing in or consuming mercury. It's carcinogenetic, it's dangerous, it has all kinds of felt effects. But carbon dioxide does not do that to you. So what's the story on behind the story?
Speaker 7: Well, it doesn't doesn't. And you know, we did remove mercury. We changed some refrigerants around and got worse after that, but the initial change of refrigerants is good.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 7: CO two is a percentage of the air, makes up less than one half of one percent. It's point zero zero four to two percent in our atmosphere. So relatively speaking, that is four hundred and twenty parts per million, a fraction, a very small fraction and in fintesimal fraction, and almost all of that is naturally occurring.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the Clean Air Act apparently authorizes the EPA to regulated pollutants like let's say, real pollutants ozone, particulate matter, sulfur dioxide in others that, in the words of the Clean Air Act, may reasonably be anticipated to endanger public health or welfare. And the point of them removing carbon dioxide from this list, and I don't know how it kind of listed in the first place. Maybe you can explain that to my listeners, is because carbon dioxide does not endanger public health or welfare. It shouldn't have been included in the list of greenhouse gasses from the get go.
Speaker 7: No, it shouldn't have been. And you know the EPA, which, by the way, like all agencies created by Congress, but.
Speaker 2: At the idea of a guy.
Speaker 7: Named Richard Nixon, Republican, to clean up the air. And thanks to certain aspects of our climate laws, we the rivers are clean, the air is clean, we're enjoying life. But the problem is people want to take this too far. And you know, others came up with the idea that, hey, let's add CO two to the list. And so it's called the endangerment finding, right, and because it endangers public health. But it doesn't and it never has, right, So why put her on the list?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: To gain more control over our lives? I mean, that seems to be the only direction we can go. But you know, I always to step back from that question and say, Okay, if it's a gained control over our lives, why in the hell do they care what kind of you know, fill in the blank appliance I am using or anything else by way of activity. If the if the result is just producing a little bit more CO two which has no impact on humanity.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you know, while there are people we can bring people into the show that would be adamant that. You know, it's what's behind temperature rises in climate change. It's behind this, It's behind that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: The answer is it's an anti industrial policy of think of the far radical left, the people that want to move us back to the pre industrial age. Think of the anti capitalists, i e. Occupy Wall Street people, It's all the same group.
Speaker 2: It's the anti consumption crowd. Let's to me bring I'm just gonna stay out loud. I've said it before. This comes to no surprise that people know that I've articulated my feelings on this matter. They are this collective group who claim to be in with great concern over the change in temperature around the globe, we're all gonna die because the temperature is going to get warm. And they want to go after business and industry, and they want to make a connection between carbon dioxide and which is literally involved in every activity we do to shut down consumption. They view us all as you know, like like cockroaches consuming all the world's resources, and we need to put a stop to that. Capitalism feeds that. Capitalism is based on the building and an expansion of capital, which necessarily includes the building and expansion and use of natural resources in order to acquire capital. Capitalism bad. How do we go after capitalism and create this Marxist utopia they're all looking for, Well, let's just kick the legs out of business and industry generally speaking, period. And the only way we can get there because we have been successful at getting rid of components in particulate that may endanger public health or welfare. Some of the plutants I mentioned before, we've taken care of the vast majority of those. We need something that's impossible to take care of carbon dioxide.
Speaker 7: Right, Well, that's the entire point behind it is that you can't really get rid of it.
Speaker 2: You can't really get rid of it.
Speaker 7: So if we go back to the pre industrial age, and I'm talking, you know, really eighteen hundreds, CO two in the atmosphere was about two hundred and eighty to three hundred parts per million. We're now at four to twenty. After all this stuff that we've done all over the world. You know, we've saved a lot of people through advances in technology, through industrialization, through medicine.
Speaker 2: And on and on and on.
Speaker 7: So okay, all of that has increased CO two by about what I don't do higher math three hundred parts per million to four hundred and twenty parts per million, which is still less than one half a one percent of the Earth's atmosphere. And plants love it. Well, that's the other thing. The more CO two is in the atmosphere, the more plant life emerges itself balancing.
Speaker 2: Exactly because plants do what they produce oxygen AH, which we need.
Speaker 7: And they store CO two, they take it out. They're scrubbers. We don't need direct air capture where we're man made trying to rip CO two out of the app atmosphere. Planet tree, Planet a tree, Robian Wilson. Don't they want to do that anyway?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, you know, more CO two is good for the environment in the sense that it is conducive to plant growth, and they're all worried about us running out of food. They're all worried about us knocking down the rainforest, even though they'll knock down the rainforest to build a highway so they can get to the environmental meeting. They're all going to have the global meeting down and I mean, it's just the hypocrisy is insane. Yeah, Brigham, But ultimately, if we have more CO two, we get encouraged plant growth, which is again good for the rest of the world. And there go again more oxygen.
Speaker 7: Well, we'll have to see what happens, because you know what the EPA is proposed to do. They have to change the regulation because the Obama people put it into place, and there is a process that you have to go through, and I'm sure this will end up in litigation as well, but they're proposing reversing the Obama era endangerment finding that classifies CO two as a pollutant. And that's really what we're talking about. It's not a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not. There's no authority within the Clean Air Act to regulate something that isn't defined as a pollutant. And you can't turn CO two into a pollutant regardless of how you want to characterize it. Absolutely. Regaldar Account, Hudson Institute Hudson dot orgs where you're find We've got more to talk about, lots of different topices. Hydrogen, we got us European trade deals in terms of that and its impact on energy in India's dependence on Russian oil. More coming up after this word for Cover. Since he John Roulman of the team at Cover, sincey it is worth the phone call. I'm telling you you've got to just take a few minutes of your time to either reach out to them by telephone or fill out the format their website to find out if they can save you what will amount to heap loads of money on your medical insurance while at the same time getting you better medical coverage. They're working for you. This is a service that does not cost you a dime. It's like it's like calling an insurance aide. Accept an insurance age's gonna be working for one company. They're working for you, sitting on the same side of the table as you with two hundred plus insurance companies on the other side, thousands of medical insurance policies. What they'll do is to take a very specific look at you and where you are. Because the guy sitting next to you in the office is in a different place. He manned up with a different package of insurance. They put together a package that gets all the things covered, your dollar one coverage, your catastrophic coverage, everything, and it's less money. Couples under sixty five typically saving between five hundred and one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. So why not make the call? That's so many satisfied listeners that have done this five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five online to fill the format on the web page Coversinsey dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: Our iHeart Real.
Speaker 2: Seven nineteen think about KARISITYCAUK station. Is time for the Channel nine weather forecast, sunny skies, no humidity, gay eighty for the high sixty one overnight with clear skies eighty one no humidity and sun tomorrow overnight sixty with just a few clouds and a beautiful Sunday as well, mostly sunny, dry and eighty three right now sixty two high for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCUP Traffic Center and you see how the way Boss Center offer. Surgeon col Anbnico of b City Care and Expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three northbound seventy five. The heavy gets to the highway traffic that slows through the cut into downtown. That was due to an earlier accident before Ezer Charles that was on the left hand side southbound two seventy five slows just of it between the Lawrence KRK ramp and the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRE seat he Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty here fifty five KERR City Talk Station Brian Thomas with Briga McGowan from the Hudson Institut, talking energy policy and whether or not Trump's going to be able to keep his tariffs in place. He's been very successful negotiating tariff and trade arrangements with various countries around the world, had recent announcements in the can He heard the top of the UR news and knocking him down one by one. Question is whether they'll stay in place because there were oral arguments in a federal Pellet court yesterday, the going in connection with the lower courts ruling that No, Trump does not have the legal authority to impose these tariffs. It's exclusively within the purview of the legislative branch power of the perse kind of stuff, and that his declaration of an emergency is insufficient under the circumstances. No, a trade imbalance is not worthy of allowing him to have all this leeway. So maybe all of this will be eradicated. We're gonna have to wait and see on that. You know, how the wheels of justice are, they spend slowly. But in the meantime, the negotiated agreements do include things related to well large scale US energy exports like liquid natural gas. I mean, what, there's a seven hundred and fifty billion dollar trade pledge in the US EU trade deal, Brigham. That's significant, there is. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 7: And I think what we tend to forget and I do too, frankly, is you know, we talk about a trade imbalance that means that we give other countries more money than other countries give us for purchasing our goods.
Speaker 2: But you know, whether it's a car, a John.
Speaker 7: Deere tractor, or a raw product like oil or natural gas, that counts, right. Somebody else from outside the country's paying an American company that brings revenue into the country.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. That's a whole trade.
Speaker 7: Imbounce right indeed, And so yeah, you know what I will what I will give Trump is he is a master salesman. He considers himself America's number one promotional salesperson of American companies.
Speaker 2: Yes, he would probably self apply that much.
Speaker 7: We probably would pad himself right on the back for that. And so whenever he goes around what his view is and right or wrong, here's his view.
Speaker 2: His view is, well, you know, after World.
Speaker 7: War two and all, we helped out Europe get back on their feed and we kind of gave them good deals. Right, we kind of gave him the family discount. But now that was almost one hundred years ago, and we continue to give people the family discount, and they don't spend money where they should spend money, and they spend money on their social programs.
Speaker 2: We also happen to act as their police force of defending them with our American military, so they don't have to spend money for their own security and safety.
Speaker 7: Yes, I've been stationed in Europe myself. I'm sure we have military bases all over the globe.
Speaker 2: We do so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's akin to telling your loving adult child who's thirty eight or forty time to move out of the basement. Pay for your own stuff, and that involves trade. Hey we've been giving you guys such big discounts. We're kicking you off the family cell phone bill. Get your own, your own account. Yeah, that's what this is. Well, and conceptually there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make sense logically, why would we be giving them the discount. Yeah, well no, because they have surpluses. They have money to invest in all their pet projects, including the exostential crisis of climate change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, European Union is the business model for the climate change alarmist it.
Speaker 7: You know, I just got back from France last month, where I speak at an economic conference, and you know, the idea of a European free trade block was a wonderful idea back when it was the Common Market, but it is so far astrayed from its origins into this centralized political function in Brussels run by technicocrats and bureaucrats, and that should be a harbinger, a warning for America of what happens when a federal a centralized bureaucracy of unelected people take over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were independent countries with their own independent currencies, with their own independent directions thoughts. But they played nicely together. And in playing nicely together, because they were closely tight neighbors, they decided to get involved in this European Union concept. It's like creating a federal government out of whole cloth when you had a republic lick of working working together states like we have here. You know, we got that whole tenth Amendment, you know, with the powers not specifically reserve in the federal gun belong to the states, which allows us more flexibility and freedom. We can do what we want in our individual states. If it's not a power reserve of the federal government over there, Brussels is basically taken over. They're basically taking over.
Speaker 7: And what's interesting with this US EU trade deal, which was made with Brussels, by the way, is that a lot of it will stick because Brussels controls a lot of you know, controls the tariffs, controls what can be sold and you know, to be fair, the Europeans to jump up down and scream about America. Yeah, try selling agriculture or wine in France. Try sell America of American ort. You can't do it right. The German automobile industry hugely protected because it's important to them. Okay, got it. But what this does is it resets the playing field. It rebalances trade, gets American companies more access to European markets. Now here's where we're going to have to take away and see approaches. It requires Europe to buy more American stuff. But will they good question?
Speaker 2: Now, the devil's in the details, and keep your popcorn out and see what events unfold as we move forward. But if we have something that they don't have, affordable liquid natural gas, then they'll buy it from us. In a capitalist market where you know, laws of supplying the man just actually dominate rather than trade rules, regulations and tariffs. If we've got something they want, they will naturally come and buy it from us.
Speaker 7: Well, and Brian, you know what happened in Europe is you could frack in Europe. Netherlands, the Groniken fields were shut down, the North seafields for oil and gas shut down. This was their way of burn. This is akin to burning the Viking boats on the beast, right, And if we just don't use this stuff, something else will pop up. Well, now they're realized that something else was actually Russian oil and gas. That's not vogue these days, So now their economy is contracted significantly. Right, the industrialization of Europe occurred after twenty twenty two, and the price of energy went through the roof, and it went through the roof, and it stayed through the roof because they said, no, we're not going to buy long term contracts. We're gonna buy stuff on the spot market because we're not gonna need it very long. Well, that's the highest price that you can pay for energy, exactly. And now they're like, well, you know, maybe we ought to get it. I don't know, I'm ten twenty thirty year locked in price with America for LNG to buy something from US that they used to produce themselves that they personally decided they were going to cut their own throats and shut off, forcing themselves into the position where they now have to buy from US.
Speaker 2: Great, good job, smart move. From Brussels seven twenty seven more Brigham a goown coming up, don't cool way word for Susette Low's Camp. She's with Cross Country Mortgage and she is your mortgage broker and she does a great job. It's always great to the low cost because she's got access to the gazillions of different opportunities out in the world, but working for you, she finds the best for your situation. So call Suzette lowsa Camp. You're going to work with a person who's the best possible person in the customer service business in the mortgage industry, more knowledge than most anybody could ever possibly have. She's been doing this for more than thirty five years. And thank you Suzette Lows the Camp. Wonderful job helping up my daughter and her fiance acquire their place just a couple of days working with Suzette. They had the financing, secured great rates at the low cost, no junk fees, no application fees. She's quick about getting back with you, so you can reach out to her one of two ways phone number five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Shoot her an email at Suzette dot lows Camp Lo s e Ka MP Susette dot Low's Camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC my Heart's yacht Roper.
Speaker 2: Channel nine first one forecast the community's gone next several days little of no humidity, ya eighty for the highway sunny skies Today overnight cleared sixty one for low sunny in eighty one. Tomorrow overnight sixty with just a few clouds and mostly sunny and dry Sunday with a high of eighty three sixty two. Now traffic time.
Speaker 8: From the UCL Tramfic Center you see help weight Boss Center offers Sergeic Cohan, Medico ol BCD, Karen expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Couple of heavy spots on the highways North Fans seventy five between the Buttermilk and Kyle's had a couple of extra minutes South Beound two seventy five. Break lights between the Lawrence Burg Ramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 2: Station seven thirty two fifty five KRCD Talk Station Hudson Dot Org three five Hudson Institute online. You should bring him a Gowan from the Hudson Institute. He's in studio. He's an energy policy expert and senior fellow with the Hudson Instituo. Let's move over to India and their dependence on Russian oil, how does that impact this whole tariff and negotiations and things that are going on because Trump is doing everything he can to try to call out Putin for his refuse to end this war with Ukraine and threatening additional sanctions. So far, Putin's like got his metaphorical middle finger rays going yeah, go ahead, try good luck.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's really interesting because what allows Russia to continue waging war against Ukraine is not entirely but substantially driven by money.
Speaker 2: Their trade. Oh, we're just talking about trade.
Speaker 7: And China and India are the two largest purchasers of Russian oil despite all the sanctions. The EU just announced their eighteenth round of sanctions, which is actually targeting part of India's refining capacity. And I had some conversations in DC this week with the Indian government and talking about trying to get a trade deal. They were putting on their full dog and pony show to try to avoid the Trump sanction, which did not go well, talking about how well, yeah, they used to sort of be aligned with Russia, but they would say things like, well, our line with Russia has the curve has turned downward, while our curve with America is increasing. And the bottom line is they say, hey, we just go out and buy oil. We just buy cheap oil. And you know, Russian oil is pretty cheap, yeah, because it's sanctioned, right, But the deal is this, they buy more than they need. They went in twenty twenty two from really not even purchasing Russian oil to now they purchase forty percent of Russian oil exports, twice as much as they need. So they refine it and sell it back on the market as diesel, jet fuel and gasoline. They're whitewashing Russian oil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like money laundering. They're laundering it. Yeah, and they're making a killing our Indian refined gasoline sales subject to a sanction.
Speaker 7: They hadn't been until this last mentioned eighteenth round of sanctions. So the EU has sanctioned several refineries and has now said, okay, you guys have to prove the origin of the oil moving forward. Okay, so they're on it, but it took a little while. Yeah, well you can listen. Yeah, it's like the concept of a loophole in the tax code. You know it isn't you know if usually it is something that they failed to take into account, but you're not breaking the law by using it.
Speaker 2: It just exists. There's a hole that allows them to evade the tariff because of the way it was structured. So they're plugging the hole apparently. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And you know, on one hand, you can say, well, great, you guys are being great capitalists. You're buying oil at a disaccount. You're making a killing on your refining margins, and boy, that's pretty capitalistic. That makes perfect sense to me. But what Trump is really saying is, look, the Indian market is closed to the US market.
Speaker 2: You don't buy our energy.
Speaker 7: You're dealing in questionable energy products where you know where they're coming from, and we want you to buy US energy, not Russian.
Speaker 2: Well why are we close to the Indian energy market? They made that rule, they said we will not purchase US manufactured products.
Speaker 7: Well, there are a couple of different reasons. One, they're a part of the bricks Nations right, which was formed by eleven countries Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa, Saudi Aradia, Egypt and the UAE. So they're sort of on another team.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, that's all well and good, but if they're looking out for their own best interest, which anybody does, and we were able to compete in the energy market, in other words, we had a mechanism whereby we could sell our products and beat the Russian price. Right. Don't you think they'd buy default? They would want to work with us and buy our stuff if it's better for them economically.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they would, except that we can't beat the Russia price right because Russia doesn't have an e PA.
Speaker 2: They don't have I get all that. It's like why manufacturer moved to China. They don't have anything by way of you know, financially expensive rules and regulations and processes in place. That makes perfect sense, but just by way of principle, we shouldn't be barred as a supplier at the outset that shouldn't even be in place.
Speaker 7: That shouldn't be in place, and a lot of our products that we want to sell into India have been barred India along with the other bricks countries have also been pushing an alternative currency to get away from the dollar. I know, but you know, India is in a tough spot, right They've relied on they had to rely on Russia for military and then this was raised like, well, gee, Russia's allies as Russia, Russia hasn't come to the assistance of anybody since World War Two, to be honest, when their allies faltered number one, number two. And I think India realizes that the trickier part is China, which is right next door to the neighbor and you know they're trying. There's a little bit of let's keep peace in the neighborhood, fair enough, mart BRIGERA mcawan seven thirty seven. Right now, if you have k see the talk station phone call worth making, maybe it'll keep your house from burning down.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. Your house's not burning down. Chimneycare Fireplace is stove locally unoperated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better business real they know that a chimney fire is a bad and dangerous, potentially deadly thing. So that's why they're offering the current special wood burning sweep and evaluation it's only one hundred and sixty nine dollars ninety nine cents and for that, the experts a Chimneycare fireplace stove, come to your place video camera, inspect your entire chimney, making sure that you haven't had a prior chimney fire, which typically cracks the lining. And of course number chimney fire number two is the one that might bring your house down. I guess it's possible in chimney fire number one. Regardless, they're bad things. So get all that kreosode and that's soap build up swept out by a certified chimney sweep. Everything's going to be in sound, working order, so you can hit the ground running when the temperature's drop down to fireplace temperatures, and you know, you can take some comfort you knowing that it's been fully inspected by those experts. Two ways to get an appoyment first call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred, or book an apployment online and learn about all the services they offer and what's available on the showroom floor. Chimneycareco dot Com fifty five car the talk station for the Channel nine wetherfoecamps beautiful day to day humidities out of the area. We got sunny sky's high of eighties sixty one overnight with clear skies. Another sunny day tomorrow with the high of eighty one, just a few clouds overnight drop into sixty and a sunny Sunday also no humidity high of eighty three sixty two. Now traffic time frontly you see up Tramfic center.
Speaker 8: You see how wavebof center off for sergic and medical old bcdcare and expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. North Bend seventy five break rights continue to build just the between Buttermilk and downtown and an extra five minutes southbound seventy five, though doing fine out of Sharonville down to the lateral southbound two seventy five break lights on to the Carrol Cropper Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Five KRCD talk station bring him a gown from the Hudson Institute in Studio. Former federal regulator current energy policy advisor leads the initiative. An American Energy Security Hudson Institute and also a professor at Miami University. Moving over to hydrogen, it's going to save the world, right Brigan, Oh, absolutely, you didn't get the memo.
Speaker 7: I just think of the Hindenburg, you know, that would be what most people think about, right when we think about hydrogen is that catastrophic accident that pretty much killed everybody on board. Right, So how is it different and better allegedly as a an energy producer than say what we're currently used to, which is maybe fossil fuels.
Speaker 2: Well, the idea, and we've been using it for a long time.
Speaker 7: We talk about a fuel cell at the International Space Station or in the Apollo days. Fuel cells are hydrogen based. What we're doing is we're burning it to release energy, and fuel cells can generate electricity, and as we know, everybody on a certain side of the aisle is into electricity, right, we got to electrify everything, yeah, uh huh yeah. And so it reacts with oxygen. It produces heat and water vapor and in fuel cells, hydrogen oxygen react to electrochemically and thereby producing electricity, heat and water. That's the idea. The problem with it is it takes more energy to make hydrogen than it does from just using whatever the initial fuel sources to begin with.
Speaker 2: Right, So quite often hydrogen is made from let's say liquid natural gas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In fact, you use the liquid natural gas and not turned into hydrogen, you get more out of it.
Speaker 7: Right, So shocking, We can use it's that's called blue hydrogen and using steam methane reforming or something called autothermal reforming with carbon capture in storage.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, So by doing that, if you had geothermal, if they could drill down far enough to get to the high temperatures down below, then you wouldn't have any of that.
Speaker 7: Right, you're producing heat to begin with, because in an industrial application we don't really think about this. Let's uh, let's go to a an electric power station. We're heating water to make steam to turn a turbine that produces electricity. Basically, that's that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: So uh, if we can just get that naturally occurring from the earth where we don't use any energy and we have free steam, that's geothermal. It's very promising, and in fact, multiple studies have shown you can drill deep enough in certain areas to.
Speaker 2: They're doing at all that they're doing right now.
Speaker 7: But Brian, instead, we can make blue hydrogen, and we can use two point five times the amount of natural gas we would otherwise need. We'll capture the carbon and it's called blue hydrogen or or there's a rainbow.
Speaker 2: There's a rainbow. This stuff.
Speaker 7: Green hydrogen is produced most environmentally friendly because we're producing it from solar or wind power. Let's see, we've got gray hydrogen.
Speaker 2: But if you're getting the power from the solar and the wind, like gas production, why not just put that into the grid directly, as opposed to transforming it into something else. And I presume during that process you lose some of the energy you have gotten from the sun and the wind turning it into hydrogen.
Speaker 7: Exactly because every physics, every time you go through another step, you're losing efficiency and an energy waste, energy, you're interjecting costs. That's absolutely correct.
Speaker 2: The whole industrial process that has to be created in order to create the hydrogen and that you're taking from the source of power, regardless whether it's wind, sol or natural gas. Oh, did I mention that.
Speaker 7: There is some debate about this now, But you just can't go out into the atmosphere and call hydrogen like a dog. It doesn't show up. It's not found by itself. It's bound to another chemical which requires energy to split it off, and so that's why it's significantly inefficient. But hey, anyway, we've got gray hydrogen, we've got brown hydrogen, black hydrogen, yellow hydrogen, pink, white, and turquoise. And let me guess each and every one of those goes to the exact same form of process we just walked through with gas or solar wind to produce hydrogen. There's something in between that is using up the energy. You're gonna love this one. Pink or some people call it purple or red. We're using nuclear energy to make hydrogen because that totally makes sense.
Speaker 2: That sounds like the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, some of the stuff's pretty common sense.
Speaker 2: I'm all about nukes.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: Any listens to me knows about it. Small modular reactors of the wave of the future, small footprints sitting on a tiny little piece of land generating unlimited amounts of electricity. You don't need to convert that electricity into hydrogen to make it work. Just hook the damn thing up to the grid.
Speaker 7: Problem solved, Yes, and we are working on that, and I don't know if we have time talk about it, but we can do.
Speaker 2: Let's get to that because it's one of my favorite topics when it comes to energy production. Why do we deny ourselves the best possible mechanism to produce electricity with the least possible impact on the environment. He screamed into the wilderness. Jeez, sorry, one more breaking the gown color. An electric Power for your home sale starts now. Code change is implemented. The spring of twenty twenty four have exponentially driven the cost of service upgrades through the roof Now there has never been a better time to take advantage of big savings on a service upgrade for your home. Cullen Electric through the end of this month, the end the month of October, extending the twenty percent discount of news service installation for your home twenty percent off the total job costs and that can save you thousands. That is mind boggling, Just in time for back to school and all the extra electronics you're going to be powering up. Power up your home sale means great savings on the service upgrade. From my friends at Cullen Electric, outstanding service color Electric always delivers on that. You'll be glad you call them for all your residential electric needs. And of course the service upgrade at twenty percent off huge savings five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Find them online a plus with the BBB, Cullen c U L E N Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com, fifty five KRC dot Com, Channel I Weather volcast Uh, the humidity's gone. Next several days are free of humidity. Rejoice, sunny in eighty today, Tonight sixty one for the low with clear sky, sunny in eighty one Tomorrow, just a few clouds overnight down to sixty comes Sunday. Good morning, We'll see another sunny day and it'll go up to eighty three degrees sixty two. Now traffic time.
Speaker 8: From the U see how traffic center, you see how weight while center offer surgical and medical BCD care and expertise called five one three, nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 2: That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 8: Northbound seventy five continues to run an extra five minutes between Buttermilk and downtown. Southbound two seventy five break lights between the Lawrence purg Ramp and the bridge. But everything else is looking great, including inbound seventy four Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty one fifty five KRCD talk station. Before we get back to Briga McGaw from the Hudson Institute and talk Energy policy, notably on the topic of nuclear Let's catch yourself as a crime stopper this week Bad Girl of the Week. Welcome back Officer Tivity Green from the Cincinni Police Department who are looking for Tivity.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Cincinnati Police District one investigators are looking forward to Miko Rowley. Miss Raley is wanted for felonious assault, sell any drug possession, and misdemeanor falsification. Investigators say during a shystoricraw leducation, Miss Raley cut the victim with a knife. Tamika Rally Tamika Rally is a female Black She's thirty nine years old. She's four seven and one hundred and ten pounds. Tamik o'rally has a history of assault and disorly conduct, and was last known to live on Coraine Avenue in Camp Washington. If anyone has information on where police can find tamik o'rally, please call crime Stoppers at five one three three five two thirty forty or submit a tip online at crime dash stoppers dot us.
Speaker 2: You will be eligible for a cash your word, you will remain anonymous and let's help this person with anger management problems. Get off the street, give the police an assist. God bless you, Tivity Green and each you and never remember the Cinsame Police Department would love what you do for the community. We'll be looking for if you want to see her. Need the information fifty five cars dot com on the blog page to bring him down. A few more words here. On energy policy, you were pivoting over. We were talking a little bit about nuclear at the tail end of that hydrogen creation conversation. You had a few comments you wanted to interject.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was just going to say that, you know, I think there has been a huge resurgence in the interest in nuclear power, driven by the need for AI AI energy security. A point I made in France earlier last month was the world has never used a less energy, only more. And actually France knows this because they're almost eighty percent nuclear power now. And you know when Spain in the middle of the day the clouds game and the wind stopped and they lost their grid, it was actually exporting nuclear power from France and allowed Spain to restart their power grid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Pennsylvania producing enough electricity to cover the Northeast region who has not been able to produce enough of its own electricity. It's kind of sorry state of affairs, it really is.
Speaker 7: And you know, after a three mile island, more recently Fukushima, the Chernobyl thing, people kind of got you know, don't know about nuclear power. But we are now up to a Gen three plus design. We just put the first two down in Georgia, the Vocal plant. These are one hundred percent passive, meaning if you cut all the power, it fails safe to safe. And we're only enriching nuclear fuel to three to five percent now, which is much lower level than before. Remember that conversation about Iran needing sixty plus per Yeah, that's I'm raising the flag on that one. But and SMRs are even better because these small modular reactors are built in factories. We can we you know, you approve the license. The problem in America is every reactor is different and it goes through a different licensing.
Speaker 2: These are like legos. These are like legos.
Speaker 7: So we woke up one day and went, huh, you know what, why don't we get in the car approved and then we'll just wrap like hat it exactly and we don't have to go through all this, bro So.
Speaker 2: We're doing that.
Speaker 7: They can be deployed a different places, they can be stacked on top of each other, expanded, and we're looking at some of those heading out there pretty quickly, and I think it's going to be a real game changer. They last fifty plus years.
Speaker 2: Well, they've been powering America's military ships since the nineteen fifties. Yeah, haven't heard any problems with that, have you, Brigham?
Speaker 16: No, we have.
Speaker 2: We haven't.
Speaker 7: Uh huh every submarine, Yeah, every aircraft carrier yep, and the one that I landed on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nuclear powered, I know. And they're really fast too. They are fast, and they're small. You can fit one inside of a ship. Look, hey, they don't have to be giant. They don't have to have giant cooling towers on them, et cetera, et cetera. And you know what if you don't build them in its tsunami zone. You don't have to worry about things like Fukushima happening. I'm what idiot was in charge of site selection on that one. Well, yeah, I mean they had a history of tsunamis in Japan, I mean going back thousands of years. Duh.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, And so you know, concerns about uh where you place them, the security of the facility, cyber stuff. Yeah, we got to deal with all of that, of course you do. And we have to find a place to uh put the spent fuel, although some of the new reactor fuels one hundred percent. We're into recycling, right, I know you can be one hundred percent recycle the fuel.
Speaker 2: No mass such a small mass of quote unquote waste collectively, it's yes, just infinitesimal.
Speaker 7: Well, and I don't know if your listeners have heard this or not, but even with the old stuff, and even with contaminated waste water and other things, all of it would fit six feet high on a football field. We're not talking for the entire country.
Speaker 2: You see that much brigha mcgallon. Armed with your facts that fly in the face of global warming alarmist, I appreciate you coming on the program. And doing that. You're pleasure. You're always welcome here, Brigham. We'll be looking for your podcast, Charged Conversations produced by executive producer Joe Strek at the fifty five CARSY Morning Show and let him produce your podcast. Brigham, Thank you, sir for all the work that you do. Thanks coming back on real soon, my friend. Enjoy your weekend. Don'k away. Bill Sites on property taxes. He was appointed by Governor de Wine to head the commission to look into ways that they can help us deal with our property taxes after vetoing two measures in the budget that would have helped us deal to some degree with our property taxes. Bill Sites up next.
Speaker 3: Still we called the twelve day War, I suppose that's what we were nicknaming.
Speaker 1: And already another update to the top of.
Speaker 2: The hour, the use of military force.
Speaker 1: Fifty five car see the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored.
Speaker 2: Hi's Ryan Thomas. Please to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show former House Minority Speaker Bill Sites, who now apparently is going to be leading the panel with former Congressman Pat Saberry to help maybe resolve the property tax issue we have going on in the state of Ohio. As my listeners are well aware, we just did the budget in the state of Ohio contained three provisions which I have been referring to as sort of baby steps toward property tax reform to help less than the burden of the property tax that we're all facing for whatever reason, and I don't necessarily know why. Maybe Bill can address the question. Governor to Wine vetoed all three of them, which brought the legislative branch back. They overrode one of the three, but tabled the other because it looked like they didn't have the votes to override the veto. They may revote on that at some point, but in the meantime, Governor de Wine formed the Property Tax Reform Working Group, which Bill Sites is a member of. Bill, you congratulations on the apployment. I guess. Let me start out by wondering a question that a lot of folks have been asking, is it really necessary? My understanding is they've been working on property tax reform measures and ideas and formulating lists of them for well over a year now, and that's where those three that were incorporated in the budget came from. So do you know why to Wine vetoed them and why we need to continue discussing this. Hasn't this work been done already? Bill Sites Okay.
Speaker 5: Let's start with the fact that, yes, there has been work done by the legislator branch. Yes, they studied the issue. There were, however, no members of local government on the Legislative Study Committee. The Legislative Study Committee did come out with recommendations. There are twenty one recommendations, many of which contain the kernels of good ideas. But they said in their report I'm quoting some proposals may contradict others end quote, and they made no effort to prioritize among the twenty one recommendations which ones should be pursued. So we view our job first as expanding upon those twenty one recommendations, putting meat on the bones, and trying to deliver as much property tax relief as we can without breaking the bank of the state and putting too much state money behind it. Why did the wind detailed three? Well, number one you probably have to ask him, but to my understanding, the reason was that he thought the measures were flawed in their language and that they created too much uncertainty and fiscal stress on units of local government. I'll give you, and you know, I'll give you an example. They voted to eliminate are They voted to prevent emergency levees and substitute levees from being excluded from the twenty mil floor. Okay, that's fine, but they want to apply that principle to existing levees, and I think we have a problem with us because it's tantamount to changing the rules in the middle of the game. If the levee is a five year levee and it still has three years to run, it should be allowed to run out and expire before we go ahead and change the calculation of the twenty mil floor. Another example, they voted to totally eliminate emergency levees, replacement levees, and substitute levees. I'm for eliminating replacement levees, I'm for eliminating substitute levees, but I'm really not for eliminating emergency levees. Because the Property Taxpayer Coalition said, and I quote that should be limited, that we should limit the definition, okay, to a true emergency and then limited to a certain period of time. I agree with that. There could be true emergencies. For example, what if the Kerk County floods happened in Ohio for example, what about some natural disaster, for example, what if the levee did not pass, the district would be thrown into fiscal emergency and subject to state takeover. So I think we can do what they wanted, but make a slight.
Speaker 12: Change to that language.
Speaker 11: I view.
Speaker 5: Our job is building upon what the legislature has done. We are not trying to undo it. We're trying to refine it.
Speaker 2: Now. I guess one of the concerns has got to be looming large. Is this repeal all property tax constitutional amendment that's they're circulating right now, trying to get it on the ballot. Does this work that you are working on, and do you anticipate the work getting completed and giving us some property tax relief through any whatever measures are presented in advance of that, Because that's looming large, and it's possible that the voters in Ohio, if nothing's done, might very well vote for that, and then you talk about chaos. I'm not quite even sure how that would be, how it would work in the aftermath.
Speaker 5: Well, that's an excellent point. The governor has given us a deadline of September thirtieth, that you come up with our enhanced recommendations. That's a very tight timeframe, so we are working very diligently to meet that objective. That's number one. The reason why he picked September thirty if is the legislature is coming back into session in early October, and so if they care to take up our recommendations, there would be plenty of time to do it. The repeal of the property tax initiative would not be on the ballot until November twenty twenty six at the earliest, and you're right, it would cause absolute chaos because the property taxes in Ohio. I'm out up to twenty three b with a billion dollars, all of which goes to local services. None of that money goes to the state. It is for local police and fire and parks, and senior citizens services, and mental health services and developmental disability services and schools. So eliminating twenty three billion dollars would obviously do great damage to all of those local services on which people depend. And it would create another problem, what do you replace that revenue? Gest you would need it. If we've done great work, Brian and cutting the income tax I was there in twenty four years. We took the income tax bracket in Ohio that used to be nine brackets and a match tax rate of over eight percent. During my tenure, we took it down to two brackets, three point five percent and two point seven five percent. And so we made tremendous strides there, and the legislature just took another great stride forward and cutting it to a flat tax of two point seven five percent. I don't see the legislature being at all interested in raising income taxes again when we are so cloked to having achieved that goal.
Speaker 2: Well, and what of a practice? Well, real que of the problems with income taxes? Only property or income tax only people who work are paying them, and property taxes only people who own property are are are are paying them. But yet you have a whole host of people who are enjoying the benefits of all these services that are funded by property taxes that aren't paying them. How about I mean, I've heard this issue. I've even thrown it out. Increasing the sales tax a little bit, so literally everyone who buys anything in the state of Ohio is participating in paying for government services. The problem that presents for me is that's a giant pile of money that ends up in Columbus that will be responsible for choosing and picking how much money goes to any given entity.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a very good observation. And let me just say this, you would need a statewide sales tax rate of something approaching twenty percent if you were to replace that twenty three billion dollars with an increased sales tax. And for those of us who live here in Hamilton County on the border to Kentucky, on the border to Indiana, people would vote with their feet and buy their goods and services in Kentucky. They would not pay twenty percent in Ohio. In general, I agree with you consumption taxes are preferable to income and property taxes. But frankly, I always thought the income tax was the principle evil to be avoided because we've had property taxes in Ohio since the eighteen thirties. The income tax didn't arise until Governor Goes Illigan brought it to us in the early seventies. And you know, we've viewed that as the principal target. Now, there's a lot we can do, a lot we can recommend, For example, why don't we let folks who are senior citizens and disabled homeowners, why don't we give them some tax relief, either in the form of an enhanced homestead exemption or in the form of some sort of a deal where you pay up to x percent of their income and anything on top of that the state will pick up, perhaps with the obligation on the part of the homeowner that when they die or move out of the house, they have to pay it back. So that would be kind of a no cost option to the state while providing relief to the homeowner during the homeowner's occupancy of that house. There's an idea for you. How about letting people instead of paying their taxes in big chunks twice a year January and June, saying we're going to give you a monthly payment plan. Yes, there might have to be some interest factor applied to that, because you're not getting all the money up front. But I think one of the reasons people hate property taxes is you get this job smackingly large bill twice a year. If it was spread out into more manageable payments, you would probably have fewer delinquencies and less outrage over property taxes. So there's a whole lot of great ideas like that. And our group contains school superintendents, county commissioners, county auditors, county treasurers, mayors, business people like Congressman te Berry, and me as a former legislator and tax payer and property owner for twenty four years in the state legislature. So we're going to do our best to build on what the legislature has done, to suggest refinement of some of what they have done, and to agree with them that more needs to be done. We totally agree with that. There's a great bill that's pending up there called House Bill one eighty six. I heard one of the leaders in the House say that bill has to pass. I completely agree that bill has to pass. So there's not as much division between the legislature and at least me as might be perceived, I agree with much of what they want to do.
Speaker 2: So fair enough, Bill sides, appreciate your insight on this. We'll very much look forward with bated breath the reforms that you recommend and how quickly the legislative branch acts on them. Of course, you know it, I know it. Everybody in Ohio knows that our property tax bills just keep going up and up and up, and we're all demanding some form of relief. I wish you all the best in the world getting that relief to the property taxpayer bill.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Brian, appreciate it. It'll be a large task, but we're willing to try to get that done.
Speaker 2: I'm certain you are. Bill. Look forward to talking with you again when you get something out on paper. Channel and I first way to one of morecasts is gone next several days anywhere, you know. I can't worry about that. I got a sunny eighty degree high day to day, beautiful clear and sixty one overnight Sunday tomorrow eighty one for the high. Few clowns over night now to sixty and a well sunny Sunday to the high of eighty three sixty three degrees Right now traffic time.
Speaker 8: From the UCL Traumphics Center, you see healthwait Boss center offers Sergeant Prohane medico O bcd caaren expertise called five one three nine three ninety two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three southbound seventy five slows a bit through Lochlund, clear of the wreck near Mitchell that was on the right hand side northbound seventy five. Just a few break lights left between Dixie and Kyle's and south two seventy five continues slow onto the Carroll Crawford Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It is eight twenty one, fifty five ker CD talk station. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Who gets some good plans? Love my Friday? Especially? Isn't it nice we get a reprieve from the press of humidity and heat? Yay oh no. Global Cooling Channel nine says the average early August temperature is eighty six. It's only gonna be eighty today, eighty one tomorrow, and eighty three on Sunday. Global Cooling over the phos we go, Dave, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 14: Good morning. I have a very simple question that I would have loved for mister Sites to answer. If I is a property tax owner, have paid off my mortgage, so nothing on my property anymore? Why should I continue to pay tax on it?
Speaker 2: Well, I think for the reasons he articulated, we've been relying on property tax now since the eighteen hundreds to fund all of the local services that we think we need from government. Money's got to come from some place. Yeah, and some people keep voting for them.
Speaker 14: Right, I understand that. But if I own my property outright, why should that I continue to pay tax on something.
Speaker 4: That I own?
Speaker 14: Well, that is light out against the constitution and what are founding fathers believe.
Speaker 2: Well, you can make that argument, but the reality is, because as a homeowner in a given township or political district, you get the benefit of the school system, the parks, the recreation, the fire department, the police department. Somebody's got to pay for it. You're getting the benefits by having them there, so you, as a citizen of the community responsible. That's why I say, you know, the consumption tax is a better way of looking at it. Everyone benefits from all these things that are funded by property tax ergo, everyone should be paying for them. But his point was, and I haven't, but I haven't done the math on it. That's why out Loud said the sales tax, because that obviously would impose the burden on everybody who buys something. He says, you'd have to raise the twenty percent. I haven't ever heard a number prior to my conversation with Bill Sites that will be required to make up for the loss of the so called twenty three billion dollars in tax revenue gotten from the property tax. I don't know if that figures actually, Dave, I agree with you.
Speaker 14: I'm a libertarian like you and I and this is I'm some of this is just gonna stop.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I share your philosophy about it. I own my house. My wife and I own our house outright, we have for a number of years. I own it, but I don't because of what your point is, Because if I don't pay the property tax, they can come in and convict me, or put a lean on my house, or you know, take legal steps because of my fare to pay property taxes. There in lies a challenge, you feel like, and it really is a factual reality that you don't really own your property because you're always subject to this financial obligation. But again, moving away from that, I agree with that conceptually, but I do get the benefits of the Simms Township patrols. I do get the benefit of the fire department. I do get the benefit of the schools. My kids went to the Loveland School District with my taxes funded in part. And you know they're successful adults at this point, or at least semi successful, depending upon your But you know, somebody's got to pay for that stuff. But the fact the challenge though, and I go back to the point I made with Bill Sitz. The challenge is, let's say you legitimately could substitute with a reasonable increase in something like a sales tax. Let's say a percent would actually cover the nut. And you know the problem is all that money ends up in Columbus. Columbus collects all that sales tax revenue, and then they're going to be the ones subject to the feeding frenzy in the lobbyists and every municipality in the entire state going to Columbus and trying to argue for why their district, their schools, their fire department, or whatever is worthy of more money or not, as the case may be. You know, we would have put a levy on, but you took that ability away for most You got rid of the property tax, and now we got a sales tax. We need twenty million dollars or our schools are going to shut down in line with a whole bunch of other school districts, fire departments or police departments, whatever, standing a line around a corner in Columbus, waiting to make the same damn argument over a finite supply of money collected from the proper of the sales tax. Complicated. Yeah, you think it's complicated. Now, if you went down that road, look how complicated it would be. And look how much power that would put in the hands of our elected officials and Columbus to be the ones making the determination on who gets how much. That's a frightening increase in their power, plus at a massive increase in the amount of work that they will be responsible for doing, and the headaches that would be created among our elected officials. They're not going down that road. I guarantee you appreciate the call, man, I mean, this is this worthwhile exchange of ideas. We're working on it right now. Obviously, eight twenty six, fifty five KC the talk station. Feel free to call. Do you have other local stories? Either way we go, It's okay with me.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station at Duke Energy.
Speaker 2: Here's your channel nine wether forecast. Next several days. We are free of humidity. Yay. Sunday in eighty today, night with clear sky, Sunday in eighty one tomorrow, a few clouds every night down to sixty and a sunny Sunday with a high of eighty three sixty four. Right now, time for a traffic update from the UCL Traffics Center. U See Health.
Speaker 8: Waite Falls center offers surgical and medical OBCD care and expertise called five one three, nine three, nine two two sixty three. That's nine three, nine twenty two sixty three. Step pound seventy five slows just a bit out of the Lachland Split northbound seventy five is pretty much clear into downtown now. Report of a wreck on seven forty seven near Maulhauser chuck Ingramo on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The talk station A third down a Friday Abbey Friday five one, three, seven four fifty two to three talk stirring up the controversy about property tax has got a few callers online. We're going to start in the order in which they received, which means, Bill, you are first, Thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 12: Why are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Bill? What's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: You know? Uh? Yes, tax or income tax. Rather, we might look to Florida and Tennessee to see how they're handling their other taxes because they're doing well without without a sales or without am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I kicked myself. That was a recorded interview. I recorded that a couple of days ago after the show, and I kicked myself at the time when we were done with the interview that I didn't ask about that if part of the study group was actually looking at other states that have no income tax and how they deal with property taxes. And I think, I guess I might imagine there's some states out there that don't have any property tax and how they deal with it. But yeah, that's a worthy exercise. I would say, definitely, Bill Florida.
Speaker 12: Is looking to elemate their property taxes too.
Speaker 2: Wow. I guess they generate a lot of revenue with income and other taxes in order to well close the gap. And I imagine they probably don't have as many state run services. You know, we always think we can't live without this service that service, but every year we just keep growing and growing and there's just one more thing that government runs that need to be funded. So yeah, that's a worthy analysis. I'm glad you called and brought that up, Bill, and I hope they do engage in that process. Man on the same topic, go ahead.
Speaker 12: I still would like to have Simms Township see too.
Speaker 2: He got my vote, thank you for My wife is listening right now and I'm sure she's nodding an approval. Bill. Thank you. Let's see what Jeff's got. Jeff, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 17: Hey, yeah, you doing Brian. I'm a long time listener, first time caller.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you doing that.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm good.
Speaker 17: I'm a Florida resident and I listened to your show. iHeartRadio a pre regular basis. But then comment on the comment on the sales tax thing is basically you're talking about Columbus getting all the sales tax money.
Speaker 2: But I mean, nothing new here that you don't know.
Speaker 17: But Hamilton County can throw a tax on top of the sales tax, as could the individual municipalities to generate, so you wouldn't necessarily have to go Yeah, put all that central power in Columbus true by ditributing the sales tax appropriately.
Speaker 2: And I get that as a concept, and you know I should have react to the site's comment about going to drive you know, we in Hamilton County. Yes, can drive to Kentucky or Indiana to conveniently buy something at a lower sales tax rate. But what are the people in Franklin County do I mean They're going to drive, you know, three hours to get to a different state. Same thing with Hamilton County. If our commissioners decided we're going to get the revenue in Hamilton County, we're going to raise a sales tax from seven and a half or whatever to nine, then folks in Hamilton County to drive to Claremont County, Warren County, or Butler County. So it's it's your buying habits. You got that right. They also change the where they want to live habits in that regard to people might choose to move out of Hamilton County and drive.
Speaker 17: To Claremont countyas have consequences.
Speaker 2: Right amen? Brother? Have we learned that I live.
Speaker 17: In Florida, I'm actively employed and I work for Fifth Third Bank, and guess what, I don't pay income tax?
Speaker 2: So thank you guys, are benefits and you seem to be doing quite well in Florida too.
Speaker 17: We seen I live in South Florida, which obviously you know, is a very conservative area.
Speaker 2: That's like Cincinnati. South Naples, Florida is like the second city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 17: Did we even have a skyline? And so yes, I definitely.
Speaker 2: Jeff Man, I'm tickled that you listen from Florida. Brother, Thank you so much. Appreciate your comments as well, and thanks for calling in. Feel free to do it again. We can get to Chuck now, Chuck, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: Hey Brian, thanks taking my call. Hope you're doing well.
Speaker 2: I am, and I hope I can say you can say the same.
Speaker 18: Absolutely some of I switch gears a little bit. I'm still not getting over this incident in downtown Cincinnati last weekend with the jazz festival. I know they don't want to correlate the two, but obviously for the last seven or eight years, I just watched this YouTube and Matt Walsh breaks it down very well. For the last seven or eight years, they have pushed the African American or black agenda only shopping at at those retail stores. This has been going on for quite some time, so it's all correlated. And you know, I bought a burner this week because I want to make sure when I go downtown, me and my loved ones are protected.
Speaker 2: We'll be careful with that burner. I've seen some online videos that suggest in some circumstances, most notably when drugs and narcotics are involved, may not have sufficient stopping power or impact to accomplish your objective. Just FYI, that's a good point. Yeah, a good point. Yeah, I understand your decision. But remember it doesn't work in all cases. And that's the only reason you know. That's why I'm a regular concealed carry holder, because you know it's deadly in all circumstances as long as you know how to properly use it. Appreciate your comments. So, Chuck and I got a couple of more developments to talk about along those lines. Pause. We'll come back in here in a moment. It's eight thirty five right now at fifty five KRC Detalk station.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here's your channel nine first onenty one to forecast. So we've gotten rid of the humidity for the next several days. Great, So it's going to be dry conditions, mostly sunny day to day. High have eighty sixty one overnight with clear sky sunnay and eighty one tomorrow, maybe a few clouds overnight sixty for the low and an eighty three high on Sunday again with sunny sky's sixty four degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic updates.
Speaker 8: You see a traffic center, You see how wake Cloud Center offer sergical medical of v city care and expertise. Call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Broken down blocks the left lane as you come out of the tunnel on northbound seventy one. So traffic events slow off of Fort Washington Way southbound seventy five. Just a few break lights between the Reagan Highway and the lateral Chuck Ingram on tifty five krs the talk station, Hey.
Speaker 2: Thirty nine, Happy Friday. You feel for your call five and three seven nine fifty five hundred eight eight two three talk reminder fifty five kr SE dot com. Get try mediapp so you can stream the audio from Florida wherever you happen to be. I think it's so cool when people from out of state listen to the program. Just tickles me to death. So opportunity to do that, even if you live right here in town. Get your right Heart media app to do it. My wife and stream right there from her cell phone while she works in the morning. Anyway, Tech Friday with Dave had her on earlier. Got some great subjects with Dave as always bring him account full hour of conversation about energy policy and studio. My conversation there on the podcast page with Bill sites on property taxes fifty five KRC dot com. Now, I started out the program talking about this follow up from Victoria Parks councilwoman Parks who said on a social media post that the the at least the two that we know of that got the beat down. She said they deserved a beatdown. Notice the word they they deserved a beat down. Now you've probably seen the viral video that's gone global. We don't at this point a moment in time, know exactly who or what started the altercation between the two guys that were obviously having a dispute with each other that led to this violent melee, including a whole bunch of people that had no connection apparently with that argument. Her response to the controversy that she stirred up by making that just really awful post, they deserved a beat down. She turned to freedom of speech in this country. She said, we have freedom of speech. However, you may not run into a crowded theater and scream fire, and that suggested that that's the Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes back in nineteen nineteen pointed that out in connection with the First Amendment, that yelling fire in a crowded theater isn't protected. Why because you might start a may a rush for the doors, people might get trampled. You're creating chaos through a statement like that, and there may not be enough time for people to interject additional speech into the conversation to point out that no, in fact, there isn't a fire. But now see this is her failure to understand and concepts of simple rather concepts of law using the fire in a crowded room analogy, and I do believe she thinks that maybe the N word was used her comment he was in a crowded he referring to the guy that got the beat down, most notably focusing on the guy, the guy that was involved the initial altercation, the guy who got knocked down in the middle of the street and started getting kicked in the head, and in the chest and the stomach, and getting punched, continuing and repeatedly, in spite of the fact that he couldn't defend himself. He was in a crowded theater and he screamed fire. She said, there are unintended consequences, but that's what happens. So she's defending the beat down because of maybe the utterance of a word that is controversial, the yelling fire in a crowded theater. That does not excuse you from committing criminal acts against the person who uttered the word fire. As I pointed out this morning, if you're in a crowded room and someone yells fire and people get up, that does not give you the right to start punching the person next to you in the face or shooting them, or committing violent acts against them. It has nothing to do with the word that was uttered. There is no justification. Your life is not under a threat. You're not entitled to use violence and maybe even deadly force in response to the utterance of any word or syllable. Now pivoting over to another very charged and well strong reaction to this idiot, I will call him in Ross Township. One of the trustees now has refused to resign because he used a racial slur on social media. While discussing the violence downtown. David Young shared a video what police are calling a violent attack downtown Sunday. That's the one we've been speaking about. Quote. I can only read part of it. Ten on one is n word fun close quote. You cannot defend that statement. That stateman since been removed from his social media account. He's refusing to step down in his position as trustee in spite of the fact that everybody's outraged by it, and I think expressing outrage against that is fine. Does his utterance of that word, essentially yelling fire in a crowded room on social media, allow us, maybe his fellow trustees to start wailing on him and physically assaulting him, battering him. No, it doesn't. Can we condemn him with words, Absolutely, That's what's being done a lot on social media. That's why they're calling for his resignation. But it doesn't prohibit criminal or doesn't allow for criminal activity in response to it. Clearly where Victoria Park's argument and suggestion just flies right off the rails. In other words, it doesn't make any sense to try to draw a parallel between the two. No, Victoria Parks, your comment is inexcusable. No, those folks did not deserve the beatdown. And I would argue even if that guy was full enough in a crowd of black people to use that word. And I'm not suggesting he did, I don't know, but if he was fool enough to use that word in that crowd, you know, you think a forward thinking person might think, you know, I might get subject to a beatdown. You might would that beatdown be lawful? No, eight forty five fifty five KRC, the talk station. We got a little bit more time. If you'd like to chime in, feel free to give me a call me.
Speaker 3: Right back, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a smile on my face, a red loses.
Speaker 4: Tea calling me.
Speaker 2: Of course. It's a wonderful world. It's Friday, covered at nine o'clock and the mic goes off and I begin my weekend. I'm looking forward to the weekend. Got a great charity event I'm going to be speaking at tomorrow. Got some time off, and we got some good friends coming in from out of town, out of Chicago. We're going to be visiting with us on Monday. I got that to look forward to. So find something positive in your world to look forward to and ignore some of the chaos for a while. You deserve it. Let's go to the phone see what Brian's got to say this morning. Brian, thanks for calling. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 6: Hey, Brian, thanks for taking the call. A longtime listener, first time call her.
Speaker 4: So I heard you.
Speaker 6: Talk about the you know, the guy that took the beat down in Cincinnati. And I've heard this like numerous times and on up if you watch other videos, ye, there's not just one guy. There's two other guys that are getting a beat down in the background, yeah along you know the young one, the lady that got punched at the end of it there, but and the two guys that uh were attacked, you know, outside of that main video, right, the one guy was the one guy was robbed, he.
Speaker 5: Took his wallet.
Speaker 4: Well, I heard an interview not getting talked about.
Speaker 2: Well, Bernie Morena actually raised something interesting. He said yesterday in an interview with Laura Ingram that he had talked to five victims in this Now we only know about the two that have been widely discussed. And someone told me independence say they had listened to the interview. I have not, so please do not quote this as gospel that Morena's point was they didn't want to go public with the fact that they got beat down because they didn't want their lives in jeopardy. They want to have their names broadcast all over the place, and I certainly in this day and age, can understand why they might not want to have that happen. So, yeah, I'm a where there's other videos and that maybe other people are victims.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's you know, I just that I just wanted to bring that up there. Everybody keeps talking about that one guy, but there's there's a lot more than just one guy that got it. You know, the one video this guy they showed the guy like dropping an elbow on the guy in the.
Speaker 4: Middle of the street.
Speaker 6: It's like only trapped. Yeah, so I just wanted to bring that up.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you did, Brian. I appreciate you. Feel free to call it anytime. I'm glad you tell you took the time to do so today. Yeah, I'm going back to my point about the they deserve the beat down. It didn't. I emphasized the word they in there, but it's critical to point out, does anybody believe that woman that is identified as Holly, the one who's face is circulating on social media, that got horrifically beaten, punched in the face squarely when she was not representing a threat or saying anything she deserved a beatdown. Huh contemplate that one one, Jay, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Friday to you, Hey.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 13: Hey.
Speaker 16: The next election is going to be very telling right now, the city of Cincinnati for decades, and let's say just for the.
Speaker 4: Past eight years or whenever George Floyd came.
Speaker 16: On, it has been the sanctuary city Dei Teresa Thigi, revolving prosecutor, soft on crime, George Floyd, defund police George Floyd.
Speaker 13: It is the.
Speaker 19: Opposite of mega and which means that the people of Cincinnati like the current trajectory. And if this doesn't change that trajectory, nothing will it. And it will verify that the millions of people in the city of Cincinnati like things just the way they are, thank you very much, which which I think is what we're seeing with the statements coming out of the Mayor's office with Missus Iris and and what's coming out of city council, racist comments coming from from those city departments. It seems to me that the city, the people of Cincinnati, the citizens have an overwhelming majority on City council, Mayor's office, all of it, they own all of it. I guess in a free country, people have the right to choose, and I'm going to put it at the feed of the people of Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Is this what you want? Because it appears to me this is what you want. So we'll see in the next election. But if we look back in time, it's been decades we've been heading in this trajectory.
Speaker 11: This is not new.
Speaker 16: This is the output of everything that I just talked about from the George Floyd defund the police DEI put it all together, and there it is, folks, right there in that video, there's your output. Pops resigning out of frustration, chasing the same bad guys because prosecutors won't walk them up. Now you have a shortage of cops, the justice systems on its last strand there's the output.
Speaker 2: So we'll well. And we also have history as a guide because we can see the same thing happened in Portland, in Los Angeles and San Francisco and every other city who's tried to decriminalize crime. H it's a good point. Keep your popcorn out. Elections have consequences. You have an opportunity to have significant change on council and you don't have to vote Republican. You got some charter rights. Scott there Steve Gooden, for example, wouldn't he be a wonderful, wonderful, refreshing alternative to the current makeup. Yeah, there's an option. And of course there's always Corey Bowman. You can give him a shot. And why not. Anyhow, problems Absolutely, people are going to pack their bags and move. We saw that happen a lot after CO or during COVID with New York and California. And yeah, if you have the means and wherewithal and ability to make a choice, you move out of a dangerous location. You go someplace. Well like that local businessman preferred in the Enquirer who has moved or is moving his downtown business to Blue Ash the last straw? What happened on Saturday morning? Anyhow? Tech Frida a Day have had a podcast at fifty five car Sea dot com. Brig him Aawen in studio on energy policy. Brilliant Guy he Is. Check out his regular podcast, Charged Conversation, produced by the brilliant executive producer of the fifty five Krsey Morning Show, Joe Strecker Bill Sites on property taxes. Check out those podcasts fifty five car Sea dot com. Tune in Monday for Christopher Smitheman, who's going to be doing that event with the Vake Ramaswami at Jim and Jackson the River. Five point thirty for that one. Get there early, says Westside Jim Keever, that's five thirty on Monday. We'll hear from him at seven to twenty Monday on the Morning Show, and then of course Brian James with money Monday. Thank you again Joe Strecker for producing the program. Love what you do, brother, and I hope you all have a great weekend. Stick around Glenn becks Cup.
Speaker 7: Next, President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if I Ran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 1: Another updates at the top of the hour fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Aura Mari