Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon.
Speaker 1: I now, ladies and gentlemen, peel.
Speaker 3: Okay, smack dab in the middle of the week, Wakey, wakey, hands off, Snaky rod Ryan show check it in on this wild Card Wednesday, five fifty seven. Let's go partly Claude's guys. Today, I've seen nothing above a ten percent chance of rain highs of around eighty three. Okay, Big day, Big day. We've got guests joining us in the studio. Jose, Camille, Valerie and Cassie all joining us in studio to play Chubby Bunny. We'll get rolling with that game in around seven to twenty. Now, come on, we just can't fly past homeroom. Other John's going for win number four in the Fresh out of Bad Head to Head Challenge the Summer of Loud Tour tickets with I Prevail and Bear Tooth.
Speaker 1: I've got tickets for you on.
Speaker 3: The Fun Fact Flashback at six point thirty five. So looking forward to having some people in studio and playing Chubby Bunny, we have Bring Me the Horizon tickets at eight twenty. Alternative Income early in the nine o'clock hour and Mars Volta tickets will be coming your way on Know the Show today. All right, well, let's get right after it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be busy, busy, busy today. Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A shooting occurred at Wilma Hutchins High School in Dallas yesterday.
Speaker 5: For students were injured in the shooting.
Speaker 4: Three of them, between the ages of fifteen and eighteen, suffered gunshot wounds, while the fourth suffered a non gunshot injury. All were transported to local hospitals with injuries ranging from serious to non life threatening. Dallas Independent School District officials confirmed that the suspect has been identified but remained at large as of last night. There was a shooting at the same school last year that injured one student, and this second and this second incident is raising serious concerns from parents about security at the school.
Speaker 1: A new report from.
Speaker 4: The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveals that autism spectrum disorder diagnoses among eight year old children in the US has reached a new high. In twenty twenty two, approximately one in thirty one children were identified with autism spectrum disorder from one in thirty six and twenty twenty and one in forty four in twenty eighteen, with boys diagnosed with ASD at a rate three point four times higher than girls. Experts attribute the rise in autism diagnosis to several factors, including increased awareness, improved screening methods, and broader diagnosed diagnostic criteria that encompass a wider range of behaviors. While these factors contribute to higher identification rates, they don't fully explain the increase. Mark Zuckerberg once considered deleting all of your Facebook friends and while everyone start over, Oh how dare he?
Speaker 1: He suggested the idea back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Two, back because the social aspect of Facebook was declining. The thinking was that this could encourage users to reconnect with Facebook while rebuilding their social connections.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't have been the end.
Speaker 4: Of the world to readd your close friends and family members, but it would have been a little difficult to reconnect with that one random guy that you talked to at a party back in twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: The problem is mostly meta's fault.
Speaker 4: Though you're seeing less and less of your friend's content on Facebook and Instagram and more suggested content short form videos and other algorithmic distractions. I absolutely agree. There's pages I don't even follow. We have a million billion followers. Yeah, you're right, sees our stuff. Nope, they're just showing you what they want to show you and what pays for it. Former game show host WENK Martindale has passed away at the age of ninety one.
Speaker 5: Martindale is known.
Speaker 4: For co or for hosting Tic Tac, Dough High Rollers and other shows throughout his seventy four year career in TV and radio. His manager announced that he died in California yesterday surrounded by family.
Speaker 5: There's no cause of death.
Speaker 1: Provided you said you're not familiar with him, wink.
Speaker 4: Martindale is the Giants defensive coordinator for three years. He's now Michigan's defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: His name is Don.
Speaker 4: I learned that this morning because I was like, wank Martindale, the Giants guy.
Speaker 3: That is that on the entertainment He's got to be a top ten game show host.
Speaker 4: Really, I mean what Martindale to me was a defensive coordinator until this morning.
Speaker 3: No, he's a Bob Barker kind of guy. He's a Bob Barker me. Alex Trebek. You know what even do you know who Bob you Banks is? Yes, you do.
Speaker 5: I know who he is. I've seen him in like TV as doctor.
Speaker 1: So Cardendale is like a Chuck Woolery.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's a top ten He's a top ten all time game.
Speaker 5: Show host and the defensive coordinator for the Misering Wolverine.
Speaker 1: I never even I never heard of that guy.
Speaker 4: His name is Don Wayne Camartin again, it's got to be named after him. The British rock band The Darkness has announced their twenty twenty five North American tour in support of their eighth studio.
Speaker 1: Album called Dream On Toast Great Album Name.
Speaker 4: Tour is going to kick off on August twenty ninth at the Rockklahoma Festival in Prior, Oklahoma. It'll then run through September twenty first in Cleveland, Ohio. After a brief hiatus, the tour is going to resume on November seventh, right here in Houston, I include on November twenty second in Denver, Colorado. Tickets go on sale the general public Friday at ten am hour time. Those are Euston's headlines, Austros, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Getting it done. That chick got they got away in last night.
Speaker 4: They shut out the Cardinals two to nothing. They wrap up their series with the Cardinals this afternoon. Renew blancob Be on the mound for the show's going up against Saint Louis. Stephen Mattz pitches at twelve fifteen. You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talks seven to ninety. In basketball, the first two NBA playing games were last night. The Magic blew out the Hawks one twenty to ninety five and the Warriors got by the Grizzlies one twenty one to one sixteen.
Speaker 1: So the Magic are going to.
Speaker 4: Play the Celtics in the first round of the playoffs. The Warriors will now play the Rockets in the first round of the playoffs. Rockets play game one of their series against the Warriors on Sunday. No time yet for the start time for that. There are two more playing games tonight. The loser of both of these games is out. The winner will face the loser of last night's games. On Friday six thirty, Bulls are gonna play the Heat. Then at nine o'clock, the Kings host the Mavericks. You can watch both games on ESPN that's what's going on in sport.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Four hours of paying starts right now.
Speaker 3: If you want in on the first phone call Well, Chilie looks lonely call them seven to one, three two, two, nine four five.
Speaker 1: The most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's this one ninety four to five the buzz, but holes surfers, and we are often running four hours of pain. Rod Ryan's show Wildcard Wednesday, will be your Instagra, will be your Instagram feature. Look at girls blog page, lots of birthdays, Oh Selena's birthday today, Rip recognizing that I'm looking at girls today. Nothing over a ten percent chance of ring partly clouding high of eighty three other John going for win number four, fresh out of bed, head to head the Summer of Loud tour. We'll have tickets for you on the fun Fact flashback, Alex, I think you kind of did a concert announcement already this morning.
Speaker 1: Is that the first time we mentioned it?
Speaker 3: So the first that we mentioned it. But they've gone they've gone public with their with their tour plans. Okay, so the Darkness concert, They're coming to Houston. I've never seen them.
Speaker 1: I saw them one time.
Speaker 3: They put it an inkybuss. Oh they opened frankybss open awesome. That had to be a while ago. I've never seen them. I've never seen them. I love I absolutely love. I mean, I love that first album. I don't have I don't think I have any other darkness albums. But I watch I don't watch any listen to really a lot of podcasts, but I do watch clips of Justin Hawkins. He does kind of he does a podcast. He's really talented. He breaks down songs, he tells it like it is. He tells you why he got new teeth. He tells you it's fun. He's really he's very funny. He's very very funny. He's very intelligent. He really knows music. He explains and breaks things down. Justin Hawkins Rides Again is a great YouTube series. Then I suggest everybody go and check out. He's really really good. All right, Phone calls, phone calls, let's go.
Speaker 2: It's that time for the first phone Charlie.
Speaker 3: What's going on the good morning, Charlie. Welcome in, dude. You got the first phone call of the day. Oh man, that's great. That's great. First time caller, first time ever picking up the phone and calling us never. There's never been like a ticket we were giving away, or money or anything. You've never called before most never.
Speaker 1: What was different about today?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I've been wanting to call.
Speaker 3: I mean I've always listened to you driving to work.
Speaker 1: Get a shot. That's awesome. What do you do for a living? I've moved here ten years ago on a mechanical form.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you start work. It's ten atter six? What time do you start?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: It's your seven?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well listen, dude, you've been listening. You've been here ten years. You've been listening to us the whole time you've been here. Yes, sir, that's amazing that today's the day that you called. I'm so glad you got through, Charlie. I really am.
Speaker 1: Get involved with some of these other things, dude. Now, do you ever, like, would you ever in a million years go to no No Wrong Answers here?
Speaker 3: Do you ever go to links and guests or our Facebook page or Instagram or any of that stuff? You ever go look at some of those things you do?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's awesome, man, I appreciate that, Charlie. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I could ask you a million questions, but I don't have time. I gotta move, I gotta We're already up against our first break.
Speaker 1: Charlie.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being up early with us. Thanks for finally popping the seal there on calling all the time.
Speaker 1: I hope to get you on again, Charlie.
Speaker 3: All right now, okay, final question, would you ever in a million years play something like the Fresh Out of Bad Head to head?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh hell yeah. I would love to have you on. Dude, call back.
Speaker 3: When I tell you guys to call in for Fresh out of Bed, why don't you try getting.
Speaker 1: Back on I will do, sir.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Charlie. I appreciate the ten years. Man on the flip gonna rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 7: We just talked about Houston for Houston's Alternative and Helm at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four the bus.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan showing a wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get wild than here because we've got four contestants. Four of you said you wanted to come down and play Chrugg and Bunny with us. We're going to do that at around seven twenty today, ten percent chance of rain. Party, cloudy high of eighty three, day after Tax Day. I don't think there's anything really momentous going on with It's National Librarian Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out to that Rands. Yeah, I guess what's trending.
Speaker 4: Well, Dallas school shooting is trending. There was a shooting at Wilma Hutchins High School yesterday that injured four people. Luckily, you know, one died, but it was the second school shooting at that school in two years, so people were definitely talking about that this morning. Wink Martindale is trending. The game Show has passed away at the age of ninety one yesterday at his home in California. And then NBA play in is trending. The Magic beat the Hawks last night to advance to the postseason.
Speaker 1: They're going to face the Celtics in.
Speaker 5: The first round.
Speaker 4: And the Warriors beat the Grizzlies last night and we'll face the Rockets in the first round. Game one of that Rockets Rockets Warriors series will be on Sunday.
Speaker 5: That's what training on night of. By the bus.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody, this is two time Hall of Famer under Gun. Now your friends out of ed head to head three day Champions mm hm Turney on wild Card Wednesday, and I hope to make it win number.
Speaker 3: Four seven, one, two, two, five, nine five if you think you can beat them.
Speaker 1: Hey, kids, look it's the Easter Bunny. Actually, kids, it's the non denominational spring Bunny. Spring Bunny. Yay? What is Easter Bunny offensive to non Catholics?
Speaker 3: Spring Bunny doesn't know?
Speaker 1: When did this start?
Speaker 3: Why don'ways stop busting Spring Bunny's ball?
Speaker 1: This is the Ron Ryan Show, True that keeps on, ninety four the Buzz.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Breaking Benjamin Part the lottest guys today. Ten percent chance of rain high eighty three. Let's get right into other jobs.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: This guy means old business right now.
Speaker 9: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: Other than John, Good morning, what ay?
Speaker 10: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking. I hope you're well.
Speaker 3: I am, Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're going for win number four? Correct?
Speaker 3: Okay, I haven't heard any of those kids in the background. Are they still sleeping while you're playing this game? And you've got a gaggle of them.
Speaker 8: Over there, so I just woke the youngest one up and then she goes downstairs and cuddles with my wife. They don't try to fooled all nine.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're like, oh yeah, dad's on the radio again.
Speaker 1: No big deal. All right, you're.
Speaker 3: Taking on oh Double O sept Sean Connery.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what Moreal Sean Connery, I feel like you played two weeks ago.
Speaker 10: No, it's actually had been two months.
Speaker 3: I think, Well, John will let us know after the game. He's got all the notes on this.
Speaker 1: Now, Other John, you've played Double O seven before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Last year?
Speaker 3: I'm last year, No, Sean Connery. Do you remember that you beat Other John before?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I remember the game. I just didn't remember when it was.
Speaker 3: I couldn't remember if earlier late last year? Okay, well, how many times in the Hall of Fame? Uh, Sean Connery? Three times? Three times in the Hall of Fame going against a two time Hall of Fame or other John?
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 3: Vold beat tickets on the Chopping Block, the Greatest of all tours worldwide with special guest Hailstorm, which they got a new song coming out next.
Speaker 2: Week, all right?
Speaker 3: Other John Sean Connery, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: It's game on, Alex Please, I'll be ready, okay.
Speaker 3: Question number one, Okay, good luck, okay, good luck everybody?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: What grade comes before? John sew Sean eleventh grade? No, No, jumped in a little early on that. Other John, what grade comes before first grade? In elementary school?
Speaker 8: Kindergarten?
Speaker 3: Kindergarten is a correct answer?
Speaker 1: Where are we going with that? Sean Connery?
Speaker 3: I thought maybe year before your senior year? Sure, okay, that makes sense. It was a good guest. Question number two Sean Connery. Other John, what article of clothing is worn on the feet? And Sean.
Speaker 10: Sean, Uh, I'm gonna say socks.
Speaker 1: Is often paired with sneakers and shoes. Socks is the correct.
Speaker 3: He's like, listen three time? Hall of Famers don't get cast speeding twice?
Speaker 1: Do they do?
Speaker 12: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Who you're in it? John, Sean?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Name the tool that has a magnetic needle that don't Sean Sean.
Speaker 10: Compass? Very good?
Speaker 3: The tool that has a magnetic needle that points north to help you find direction?
Speaker 1: A compass? Wow?
Speaker 10: Very good.
Speaker 1: Sean Connery would have beat everybody today. What the hat he was a killing?
Speaker 3: I mean, we know he's a good player, but holy cow, dude, that was the best game you.
Speaker 1: Ever had, Sean. I think. So, why do you hate John so much?
Speaker 8: Why do you hate I'm sorry John, I love John Legend. Make sure you're getting all.
Speaker 1: Other John is the nicest guy. Why do you hate it?
Speaker 10: Gentlemen?
Speaker 3: We love you?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, John, we got to say goodbye to you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, all right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Sean Connery. You want to play tomorrow? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: And he scored some great tickets Man Bowlby and hailstorm on your first win.
Speaker 1: What a game?
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show, Monskin before that, what a game?
Speaker 1: Fresh shot in bed head to head.
Speaker 9: We got a new champion, the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody. This a street time Hall of Famers double O side of Sean Connery. You gotta trust me when I say I really do like other Johns.
Speaker 3: But when it comes time to.
Speaker 10: Playing this game, you gotta get out of the way. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day, champion, join me on Thursday when I make it one number two.
Speaker 1: That just you cannot claim to like that guy. And you did what you.
Speaker 3: Did after that, after what you did on the radio, you cannot claim to light the person that you were just on the other phone with.
Speaker 1: Paternity Paul not upset.
Speaker 3: Thank you Sean Connery for avenging me.
Speaker 1: That's uh from paternity Paul to double O seven. You guys are silly.
Speaker 12: Staff.
Speaker 1: Fuck that to the day.
Speaker 3: We make you look smart, everybody.
Speaker 12: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go my first fun fact today when I try to figure out what we're going to talk about in the morning. Do most people know how Bluetooth got its name? I don't think most people know. It's a little it's a kind of a weird name. Bluetooth is named after a tenth century Scandinavian king, parrauled Bluetooth.
Speaker 1: I think was his name is passed?
Speaker 5: Harold?
Speaker 1: Is it Harold?
Speaker 3: He united Danish tribes into one kingdom when bluetooth technology was invented.
Speaker 1: They picked the name because.
Speaker 3: It unified the way that machines communicated. I don't hate that. Did you know that I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew that.
Speaker 3: I knew that Bluetooth was some king and brought people together, But I thought that was a pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Fun fact is, when we got it all cleared up.
Speaker 3: The most commonly found items in lost luggage include underwear. Okay, that makes sense, women size ten pants, iPhones, and men's size eleven Nike sneakers.
Speaker 1: That is fun.
Speaker 3: Who I mean? Are those the most popular size of pants and shoes for dudes and chicks?
Speaker 1: I guess so, right.
Speaker 3: There have There are proposals on the table right now, and proposals made in the past to the Las Vegas City Council for themed casinos.
Speaker 1: Now they said no to all of these.
Speaker 3: There was a proposal for a Titanic casino, a casino based on the Moon, the Wwe was turned down, lay Boy turned down, London not my daughter, the city turned down San Francisco, and the Caribbean. That's neat for all kinds of various reasons. They said no to every one of those proposals.
Speaker 13: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart if your bodies it's the fuck that to the day. How did they say no to a Playboy casino? You would think that's just money panting. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, dummies, what do I know?
Speaker 3: But I'm not on the City Council of Las Vegas. Obviously, we're not on the council. Summer of loud Cure, great ticket here I prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, and a bunch of other bands.
Speaker 1: The flashback today is what hmm, how do I want to word this?
Speaker 3: Every time this person was on the Fresh Prince of bel Air, he wore the exact same outfit. We told you why yesterday. But I think that'll give it away. Who in every appearance on the Fresh Prince of bel Air wore the exact same outfits seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, there's my guy on the phone. Hey, how brother Rod? Good morning?
Speaker 3: There he is?
Speaker 1: Hell, what's happened on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 14: Well, not as crazy yesterday, but just stole in the wrong direction. The daw was down one hundred and fifty five points kick off this morning at forty thousand, three hundred and sixty eight. Nastack down eight to sixteen thousand and eight thirty two Bence MARTINR Treasures trading in a four point three to three percent in oil sands at sixty one dollars eighty seven cents of barrel to the most actives the vig Studs, Navidia, Ammex and Goldman, Sachs, the big duds Boeing, Caterpillar, and Amazon. On the kind of my calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on retail sales for March. Also business inventories for February right now features well they are and they down said, come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out here. This is hawlent and needs to director with Raymond James reported for The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 14: From Raymond James on Sam Filip and Augusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 11: Opinion's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and associates. Thank come ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or as sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mention.
Speaker 2: We'll continue.
Speaker 3: This is not a.
Speaker 11: Solicitation offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement.
Speaker 2: As reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being up dark and early with us.
Speaker 1: It's your fun back.
Speaker 3: It's like Albin got through. Albin, he am I saying the name right, Albin, Albin, thank you.
Speaker 1: Of course I got it wrong every time everybody did.
Speaker 3: Every time this person was on the Fresh Prince of bel Air, he wore the exact same outfit.
Speaker 1: And we told you why yesterday too.
Speaker 3: Who is it, Uncle Phil, show me Uncle Phil?
Speaker 1: No, Albin Mark, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Who wore the same outfit every single time they appeared on the Fresh Prince of bel Air.
Speaker 1: That would be DJ Jasey Jeff. Yeah, you know why, because you were listening yesterday.
Speaker 3: Alban was just taking a guess, Yes he was, so every time Dj Jazzy Jeff was on the Fresh Prince of bel Air, the exact.
Speaker 1: Same outfit was worn.
Speaker 3: So they can reuse the footage of him getting thrown out of the front door by Uncle Phil to not risk him getting hurt. They never had to film it again, so they only filmed it one time of him getting chucked.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uncle Phil must have worn Uncle Phil if you look carefully, maybe his outfit was a little different, but DJ Jazz Jeff always looked the same. I don't remember that bit.
Speaker 5: Uncle Pill out a bunch of cool sweaters on my life.
Speaker 1: I there's no doubt that that guy changed his clothes all the time.
Speaker 3: Uh dude, you're the winner the Summer of Loud Tour. You got the tickets, I prevail, Bar Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage, and Parkway Drive. Congratulations, awesome, I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: I'm super excited for you, bro, thanks for being in homeroom.
Speaker 3: Hey, Alexa Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety four point five is us station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: The Rod Brillian Show on ninety four five, Wake Out the.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz, Pearl Jam Betterman, Rod Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I see Chilie sitting all by himself in that room.
Speaker 3: Over there for now, for now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anybody here yet? Uh yeah? I got three so far away on one more that's great news.
Speaker 3: Okay. I thought nobody had showed up yet. That's why I was nervous.
Speaker 1: Nah, they're here, So we're just waiting, waiting on Camille.
Speaker 3: All right. I got Jose here, then Valeries here, Cassie's here, great, all right, Chubby Bunny's going down to the.
Speaker 1: Studio next hour. That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance a rating for you guys outside partly clouding today. Highs up around eighty three.
Speaker 1: Alex with Houston's headlines, We good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A shooting occurred at Wilma Hutchins High School in Dallas yesterday and four students were injured in the shooting. Three of them, between the ages of fifteen and eighteen, suffered gunshot wounds, while the fourth suffered a non gunshot injury. All were transported to local hospitals, with the injuries ranging from serious to non life threatening. Dallas Independent School District officials confirmed that the suspect has been identified but remained at large as of last night. There was a shooting at the same school last year that injured one student, and this is this second incident is raising serious concerns from parents about security at that school. As of yesterday, the measles outbreak in Texas had escalated to five hundred and sixty one confirmed cases mark looking in an increase of twenty cases.
Speaker 1: Over the past five days.
Speaker 4: The majority of infections are among unvaccinated individuals or those with unknown vaccination status, with only eleven cases reported among individuals who received at least one dose of the MMR vaccine. Gaines County remains the epicenter of the outbreak, accounting for over sixty five percent of the state's cases, and the outbreak has also spreaded in neighboring states, including New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas, contributing to a nationwide total of over seven hundred measles cases, which is the highest in a decade. Here's a hell, pack, don't exercise, Just do everything faster. What just rush through everything? Dude, You're gonna be burning cows. Dude, I'd be shredded. I do everything pretty quick. According to this, if you don't want to exercise, it turns out you can just get the same benefits by rushing through stuff all of the time. A study in the journal Circulation found that doing random tasks and choices faster might do wonders for your health. Researchers tracked the movement of twenty four thousand adults for about a week, and none of them were people who got regular exercise. The ones who did minor tasks briskly saw major health benefits.
Speaker 1: Years later.
Speaker 4: For some, their heart attack and stroke risks dropped by as much as half forever.
Speaker 3: I do everything fast same, I mean, I walked, dude. I know you've seen this. They must be on Instagram reels or something. Those guys that run through the house and they'd like they take the laundry really quickly out of the dryer and they throw it on the bed, like all the sheets. Yeah you ever seemed like they do those things quick and they run up and down the stairs. That's so funny to me. That's a funny bit that those guys do.
Speaker 5: I felt like I was doing that yesterday.
Speaker 4: My wife was at work, and so I was watching my daughter and I was trying to move clothes over and I was doing I was doing laundry, and she likes to just try and dive bomb down the stairs. So I was just playing goalie and then hold on before these clothes are fast and me run down here.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, do that.
Speaker 4: I was rushing through all of that. I was killing calories right there. I'm sorry if I almost ran you over at Kroger. Yesterday, time got away from me. I realized I had to go pick up London from school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just looked at like, oh my, I got four more things on my list.
Speaker 1: I am running through Kroger, driving home, putting.
Speaker 3: Away just the things that need to go in the fridge, and then running to go get London.
Speaker 1: That's how I do my chort. And that's probably like helping you out later in life.
Speaker 3: I don't know that it works.
Speaker 4: So some minor stuff that you could also do might include things like speed vacuuming the rug or walking fast when you take out the trash. They found that even five minutes of rushing per day can make a difference. The idea is just to get your heart pumping, and you don't have to be pumping iron to do it.
Speaker 1: So when people look dude, why are you to rush, just take a second.
Speaker 5: Just tell you no, I'm trying to burn collargy, trying to live longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I swift for like a mania.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like Monday's blue origin spaceflight may not have been the monumental event that.
Speaker 1: It was billed as it was. It was of rich people.
Speaker 3: It's it's mean, I thought it was her story. It's to promote space tourism. Okay, this wasn't some scientific thing. It was it's a doing experiments.
Speaker 1: They were, no, they weren't. Here's what happened, all right, go ahead, do your story.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, well, Wendy's apparently has beef with Katy Perry. The fast food chain made fun of her space flight the other day, tweeting can we send her back?
Speaker 1: When there was the.
Speaker 4: Post about like, oh, she's back, She's kissing the ground, like can we send her back? And then the other celebrities just kind of started. Pilon Kesha posted a picture of her drinking a Wendy's Frosty's Funny, and then celebrities that added on were they're calling it a stunt, where Olivia mun Kesha, Olivia Wilde, Emily Radikowski and Amy Schumer and people are just kind of upset that, like, oh, this isn't really guys didn't go to space.
Speaker 1: They did, Okay, they sort of good, they sort of went to space.
Speaker 3: They did go to space, but call it what it is, Okay.
Speaker 4: They were worried about their hair, Katie were worried about their outfits.
Speaker 3: Katy Perry held up a piece of paper and you would think it'd be some like give piece a chance, bring the world together unite. No, it was a set list for her upcoming tour. Well but will that might bring the world together.
Speaker 1: It was a promotion.
Speaker 3: And then the other one, Sanchez was whold onto something from her children's book. It was a promotion. It was just a tourism thing, that's all it was.
Speaker 4: And then they opened the door and then they made him close the door so Jeff Bezos could go ACTI like to hear her to open the door.
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just let the people have that they have it. Just know that we'll never be able to go on those space flights.
Speaker 3: Just don't bitch at Taylor Swift for taking private jets.
Speaker 1: That she's going somewhere. I just like I flow to the end of the Earth.
Speaker 3: That rocket used more fuel than Taylor's whole tour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but people are not as cool about it as they guess they thought they would be.
Speaker 3: Well, it just it was grandstanding and it was kind of sold as something different.
Speaker 4: I thought it was historic and I would never take away the accomplishments of any woman.
Speaker 3: I don't listen. We have known Brian Adams was on a podcast recently.
Speaker 1: He's a liar. We knew that there.
Speaker 4: He's a liar. Rod Brian Adams might be the biggest liar of all time.
Speaker 3: Nobody ever said that the Summer of sixty nine was autobiographical.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, but some.
Speaker 4: May be led to believe that every lyric of every Little Nasex song is.
Speaker 1: About his lifely wrangler on a booty.
Speaker 3: No it's not. We had from Gucci, Okay, both of those.
Speaker 1: I don't know why people are led to believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, everything in this song is what happened to Brian Adams in his life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like when they take every their comedian says seriously, like he's obviously joking.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's it's to make a song work.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Brian Adams been lying to us for years, at least since nineteen eighty five. That's when he released his song Summer of sixty nine, where he told us that he got his first real six string from a five and dime.
Speaker 1: But it turns out that was all part of the lie. He actually got.
Speaker 4: His first guitar from a music shop during a visit with his uncle when he was.
Speaker 1: Twelve years old.
Speaker 4: And he was also only nine years old during the summer of sixty nine, so we lied about that too, But we did learn previously this is about sex.
Speaker 1: It's a sex song.
Speaker 3: That's crazy to me that people, wait a minute, this song, it's not it's not a rundown of what happened to him that year.
Speaker 4: Did you know Bruce Springs didn't have a bar outside of his house going down?
Speaker 1: When he's singing down, he's actually lying to us, but he was born in the USA.
Speaker 9: He was.
Speaker 4: That's factual, all right, facts, there's a use of headline, all right.
Speaker 1: Astros win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got a dub last night shutting out the Cardinals, tuned and nothing. They gonna wrap up their series with the Cardinals this afternoon. Renel blanc is gonna be on the mount for the Strows going up against St. Louis is Evan Matt's first pitches at twelve fifteen, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talks seven to ninety. In basketball, first two NBA playing games were last night, the Magic will at the Hawks one twenty to ninety five, and the Warriors got by the Grizzlies one twenty one to one sixteen. So the Rockets are now going to play the Warriors in Game one of their first round series on Sunday.
Speaker 5: I got my tickets yesterday, No big deal.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you and your bro are going high. Yeah, it was a Christmas late Christmas gift.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: There are two more playing games tonight. The loser of both games is eliminated at six thirty. The Bulls are gonna play the Heat and the nine. The Kings hosts the Mavericks. You can watch both games on ESPN. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Chubby Bunny next hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah we got We're getting things set up here in the studio to have some guests and it's gonna be fun. Are find the buzz Lincoln Park, New Divide. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you. If you're just joining us, Wakey, Wakey, hands off the cup Cakey Parday Claudi's guys. Ten percent chance of rain highs today of around eighty three. Boy, we already had some fireworks today on the show the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head.
Speaker 1: What a game that was today?
Speaker 3: If you missed it, Alex will have that podcasted later on on the show.
Speaker 1: We're a little busy today because we've got a bunch of people in the studio with us. You can see right now too, I got Yeah, you can see one of the cameras.
Speaker 3: You can kind of see everybody. Yeah, if you're checking us out on Facebook and on YouTube at rod Ryan's show, we can kind of see some of the things that are going to be happening here in the studio.
Speaker 1: What are those things that are going to be happening here in the studio?
Speaker 3: Did you get that peep song I sent you this morning?
Speaker 1: Were you able to get it in? Yeah? I forgot. I didn't know we had a peep song, but I saw this. Oh we sure do, buddy, and now we do absolutely Saturday day the time he's ten and you're winning peeps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get some crazy peeps in the studio, crazy peeps. I got chili in the studio.
Speaker 1: We're gonna try off this microphone chili.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like Drew Carrey right now on the price is right with his little microphone. You do look like a Guatemalan game show host. Yeah, hello, how y'all doing today? That mic sounds pretty good. It is the person using it, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: That microphone has been used for probably at least five or six Saint Patrick's days, more maybe ten. I mean I would say that microphone has been at ten Saint Patrick state parties.
Speaker 1: Then well I'm looking at it. He'll got some lift over. The first microphone ever made.
Speaker 3: That microphone is when Saint Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. He beat him with that.
Speaker 1: He used that microphone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, interviewing them all right, Chillie, I say you working on the peeps.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. How small they are. Shrink Flation is what it's called.
Speaker 3: The peeps. They are so small right now?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I say they go with the old. The olds, those are big. I don't have enough. Those are just for backups. Those are backups. I said. They start with those.
Speaker 3: A name, We we go with the No, everyone's got their own color. See how color coordinated I did this. So we got pink, yellow, purple, and blue. We got three chicks. One dude, if that dude. We did this last year. The brown ones were more expensive, they were different. There was they have churo peeps. Now they did not have pickle peeps. That's not one of the official flavors. I actually I pulled out some peep facts for you guys today, and that is not one of the flavors that is available.
Speaker 1: On average, bout five point five million are made every day.
Speaker 3: There are six peeps for every man, woman, and child across the United States. Fourteen peep flavors, including cookies and cream. I saw those, I so I joded you. They got churos. They do not have pickled of flavored peeps, and now they make them and that's why you see them. I got the bunnies. I didn't get the chicks. I got the bunnies. But the chicks are small too. They're smaller, or all of them are smaller. All of the peeps now they are smaller and they're making them. They used to be handmade. It used to take when they made them my hand. It used to take the process. It was twenty seven hours for peeps. Now that's when it was a proper. Now they just fly through the assembly line. So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna meet everybody. On the flip of the break, we got Jose, Camille, Valerie, and Cassie in studio. Chili's gonna get them all lined up and ready to go, and we're going to play Chubby Bunny right.
Speaker 1: After the break. The winner will get Live.
Speaker 3: Collective Soul Our Lady Piece tickets, and I will also give the winner Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: So you want to be in it to win it. I'll explain the rules and everything.
Speaker 3: Chubby Bunny Easter twenty twenty five edition on.
Speaker 7: The flip of this break, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show Us.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, everybody. Lots of activity here in the uh the buzz Studio.
Speaker 1: Alex, we got all kinds of people in here today. Are you nervous?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: You're nerv I guess you've been on the show ten years. You don't get nervous anymore. I get nervous a little bit. I don't want to I don't want to screw up in front of Cassie. We got partly Cloudy's Guy's ten percent chance of rain high of eighty three. I got Chili on the roving Reporter microphone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, guess sir, Yeah, I guess we're having technical difficulties. Let me get back to you on nextler.
Speaker 3: All right, I got everybody getting all set up with their peeps and everything, and we got all the cameras squared away so everybody can you can see everybody in the studio with us if you want to watch us on Facebook.
Speaker 6: Live and you to you Ryan Show face uh, rod Ryan Show Facebook page and rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: YouTube real easy to find at rod Ryan Sharks. I feel like I'm screwing up in front of cast Cassie. I'm sorry, I feel like I'm screwing up in front of me. All right, what's trending?
Speaker 1: Will Levy? Levy is trending.
Speaker 4: They're calling him the Cuban Brad Pitt, but he was arrested in Fort Lauderdale for disorderly intoxication.
Speaker 3: I don't know this guy from Dancing.
Speaker 4: With the Stars, Oh, TeleNova Stars. Yeah, that's what one of the top trends is that I just saw. Then Amanda Bynes is trending. She is joining only fans. You can subscribe to her for fifty dollars a month.
Speaker 3: No, fifty dollars a month. But it's Amanda Vines.
Speaker 1: Amanda Vines was like a child.
Speaker 3: Actress child.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, like Beckham.
Speaker 3: I think she was in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she had a mental breakdown.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Somebody stuff.
Speaker 4: But now, for fifty dollars a month, you can subscribe to your only Is that a.
Speaker 3: Common price for only fans?
Speaker 1: That's a line? Okay, what else? Colossal squid is training.
Speaker 4: Someone filmed a colossal squid in his natural habitat for the first time ever, and it looks pretty sick.
Speaker 1: So that's what training.
Speaker 5: And I ever provide the bus.
Speaker 1: You got that peep shingle for me?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Do day when he's dead time, he's head and your wedding. Let's say hi to our people real quick.
Speaker 3: And then I think we're gonna get right into it, because I'm not how long this is gonna take, so we should probably get right into Chubby Bunny, uh Chilly, if you could help me out, you're gonna be working the microphone. Good morning, Camille, Camille, Hi, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Where are you from?
Speaker 3: Peeps? Yes or no?
Speaker 1: You like them? You love peeps? Okay, you're a weirdo.
Speaker 3: Yeah I am, you know it right, Okay, Next up is Jose. Jose, you are from where?
Speaker 6: Order?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: What is your take on peeps? I mean, I understand you're here for the competition. You want to win the tickets and stuff. Do you like them?
Speaker 1: It's been twenty years.
Speaker 4: Since I've had what I've never done, the Chubby Bunny Challenge, So I'm confident I got this.
Speaker 3: Okay, It's you and the chicks, Okay, all right? Next up is gonna be Valerie. Valerie, where are you from?
Speaker 4: Katie?
Speaker 3: Kate Town in the house, the best side.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on peeps? Personally?
Speaker 2: Not a fan?
Speaker 3: They're gross, right, They're disgusting, disgusting. But you said, hey, I want to do that.
Speaker 6: I want those tickets.
Speaker 1: You want those tickets?
Speaker 3: Did you know that? I did you know that?
Speaker 1: I also throw in Buzzfest tickets? Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: I want the soul And yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go live Collective Soul, Our Lady Peace, August fifteenth. And I'm also gonna throw into the winter Buzzfest tickets. Cassie, Is that okay? That I throw in extra tickets?
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Cassie? Where are you from? I'm from Okay, well, listen at Berg. I appreciate you coming down to tell me about the shirt you're wearing today.
Speaker 1: Actually went to your show, the Ron Ryan forty anniversary show.
Speaker 15: I was one of the people in the audience.
Speaker 1: You went to the twentieth anniversary part time. What was the best man that day? Honestly, Theory of a Dead Man is my favorite, one of my favorite songs I grew up listening to. So Yes, I had a really good time. Theory was good.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you all, Camille, Jose, Valerie, and Cassie, Chili. They've all been given their peeps. They all have color coordinated peeps. They all got to choose their color.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Cassie. Everybody, put one peep in your mouth. You're allowed to chew it a couple of times. Okay, just chew, choo, chew. And then Chili's gonna come by and he's gonna ask you to say, chubby bunny. Cassie, you're up first.
Speaker 1: We'll go real quick with this round. Here, here we go wall chubby Bunny, very good. Next up is going to be I'm going backwards, Valerie, chubby Bunny.
Speaker 3: No problem there Jose, do it, chubby bunny, very good.
Speaker 1: Camille, chubby bunny. Next peep, Let's go boom.
Speaker 3: We're gonna roll through these first couple of rounds really really quick here, So let's just put it in there, and we're gonna start with Camille. Two peeps in the mouth, Camille choudy bunny.
Speaker 1: Nice job, Jose, chubby bunny, Valerie chouby bunny in. Cassie chobby bunny, very good.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. Keep stick with Cassie. We need to put that third peep in the apper right now. Third peep. Very good, Cassie. Next up is Valerie chouldy bunny.
Speaker 1: Good job, Jose.
Speaker 16: He's acting like he's struggling. Jose is acting like he's struggling. With three bunny peeps in the mouth. Camille chouldy bunny strong. Okay, it's Camille winning and she likes peeps.
Speaker 3: Put the fourth peep in, please.
Speaker 1: Guys, So I'm looking at them when they're putting them in.
Speaker 3: Yes, who's struggling, uh, Jose, val cass are struggling?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me already?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: The I think camill Is has a poker face on, but she might be strog. You can move him to the side shore all right, Camille.
Speaker 3: Four peeps, go ahead, Camille Chubby Bunny, so strong, Jose, he's in true, he is in trouble with four.
Speaker 1: I want to hear that again. Impassing on to the next I should have worn a trash bag.
Speaker 3: Valerie Chubby Bunny. Oh, that was strong, Valeries coming back, Cassie Chubby Bunny, strong Jose, Hell right now?
Speaker 1: Fifth peep please peep number five? Then all the Jose is down, Broke.
Speaker 3: I hope you guys are watching along. I know that you're listening, thank you, But I hope you're watching along at rod Ryan Show on Facebook and on YouTube. Here we go, peak number five from Rosenberg. Cassie Chubby Bunny.
Speaker 1: Chubby Bunny, Valerie Chummy Bunny beside.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jose, Okay, okay, okay, hang on, go ahead, one more try, come on.
Speaker 1: I want to I'm passing into the next round.
Speaker 3: You got to give it to the next round.
Speaker 1: It's only gonna be better. All right, Here we go, and this is Camille Chubby Bunny, Oh, Chubby Bunny. Five six peap number six please. And they're smaller, man, they're smallering. Magan if it would have been like a regular science one, we would be down to two.
Speaker 3: Peep number six, Jose, go second, but first my pick Camille.
Speaker 1: Six peeps go.
Speaker 17: Ahead, Oh trouble, Yeah, you go to the next round for that, all right, Jose, you can't laugh and play Chubby Bunny.
Speaker 3: Here we go. I'm gonna I'm gonna give you one more shot at that. Yeah, I'm gonna give you one more shot. Get right in there, Chile.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Jose, I heard it, Alex, your call pass?
Speaker 5: He goes.
Speaker 1: He goes through the Valerie peep number six.
Speaker 3: Hold come, Cassi, Cassie, Cassie, what happened?
Speaker 1: Gagging?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 13: I don't like him very much?
Speaker 1: And then there were three Cassie from Rosenberg.
Speaker 3: Not as much fun as the rod Ryan Show twentyth aniversary party. Okay, okay, wait waitte we left off. Valerie had to stand right next to Cassie as Cassie got rid of all of her peeps.
Speaker 1: Valerie, peap number six.
Speaker 3: Let's hear you focus. Oh wait a minute, maybe the best side peap number seven? Please everybody, Valerie.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 6: Jose surprising me though I think he could be acting like he's having a hard time just to play with everybody's mind.
Speaker 3: He is insanely dangerously close from being excused from this competition.
Speaker 1: But look, we thought he was going to be the first one out, and look who went out? Rosenberg.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go Valerie Valerie from Katie, this is peep number seven, So strong, so strong. All right, here's our guy. Here's our guy bringing that music down.
Speaker 18: Mm hmmm, saying with your chest, you're on here, he's on here.
Speaker 1: Get rid of them, jose Hose, you were struggling with two in there? What is going on with that mouth of yours?
Speaker 3: Hey, you're not last, I'm not last?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's it like to what's it like to have a small mouth? I don't know? Okay, the girls, Camille, do you have to show us what you do with peep number seven?
Speaker 1: You're on?
Speaker 19: Oh bo, you're kidding me. I picked her as my winner. All right, work it, stay with.
Speaker 1: It, focus and here we go her big.
Speaker 3: That's going.
Speaker 1: She's gonna have to go right back seven. She's done. M h okay, so she said she's camp Pitt no more?
Speaker 3: Are you done?
Speaker 1: The winner is Valerie.
Speaker 2: Valerie is a lad.
Speaker 3: Then I will Valerie let me hear one more chrevy, buddy you Valerie, you got eight in those okay for the win?
Speaker 1: Eight tough, but whoa yeah water wow eight peaks?
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's why you're playing the game.
Speaker 14: Kids.
Speaker 1: I got those tickets, babe. Who's listening to you this morning?
Speaker 13: My husband, Baron and my kiddos.
Speaker 1: Well listen, Baron.
Speaker 3: It looks like it's a live collective soul our lady peace situation for you August fifteenth.
Speaker 5: You want to take them home from Peeks.
Speaker 3: It's a buzz best situation for you, guys, Saturday, May twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Woodland's Pavilion. Yeah, why not that babysitter.
Speaker 3: I was predicting more peaks because I thought so too, because of the shrink flation in double digits. At least let me let me hear from Camille really quick, Camille, what happened. Here's what happens. I don't like to pick somebody to win and then they don't win.
Speaker 13: You know, I'm sorry, but I ran out of room in there.
Speaker 1: I literally couldn't. It's like if I tried to just.
Speaker 13: Put air out, there was peep coming out and I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't get around it. And Jose. I don't have the words, Jose.
Speaker 3: And you said literally say with your chest.
Speaker 1: It was literally I was pushing Dadd's a failure. I'm sorry. Oh listen, that was awesome.
Speaker 3: Valerie from Katie is your winner today. Cassie, Jose, Camille, thank you guys for coming down.
Speaker 1: Show Me Bunny twenty twenty five.
Speaker 12: It's a run Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: And here we go Juice ninety four or five the Buzz that's bad at omens and just pretend.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Ron Ryan's Show, seven thirty six Party Claudi's Guys ten percent chance of rang highs up around eighty three. Thanks to all of our contestants for coming down.
Speaker 1: I didn't picture.
Speaker 3: I didn't predict Jose going out no as quickly as he did. We've had chick winners on the chicks, the peeps, the whole thing, so I mean, that wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I just didn't expect Jose to go down that quickly.
Speaker 3: Cassie also from Rosenberg, just couldn't take the peeps in her mouth, didn't want it. No, it's like get these dagon and just had to get rid of them. She expelled them when she expelled them in front of Valerie. I thought maybe Valerie would see that going down a.
Speaker 4: Lot of times in uh it was a Gallon challenge, and in the Peeps game and the Chubby Bunny, right, you see, you just get grossed out.
Speaker 1: You smell it and you're just at it, right and I know.
Speaker 3: You guys are eating breakfast and you're sitting around, you're eating your oatmeal right now. Nobody threw up.
Speaker 1: It's just you got to get those peach out of your mouth. You gotta expel it.
Speaker 3: So Cassie got rid of hers in front of Valerie. I'm thinking, okay, let's see how Valerie handles this. But Valerie, did you say you got kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got kids. Okay, she's viliant, pup poop, who cares.
Speaker 13: I got it, and I was I'm really competitive. The fact that you didn't choose me to win motivated me more.
Speaker 3: And you made it on purpose?
Speaker 1: Did that on purpose? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This Camille was so strong, and she was so strong out of the gate.
Speaker 1: And she said she liked peeps.
Speaker 3: I don't think it mattered. Well, it does matter, because if you don't like the peeps, look what happened. To Cassie, you don't like them, boom, you got to get these things too much that tastes. Of course, I'm gonna go with the person that says that they like peeps. Now, Camille, have you changed your mind on the peeps at all?
Speaker 15: Oh, it wasn't the It wasn't even the fact though, like the taste or anything wasn't getting to me.
Speaker 13: I just literally could not get air out without pushing marshmallow out.
Speaker 1: Oh, kids don't do this at home. They couldn't breathe professional and.
Speaker 15: I have done this at home before too, Like I played with my kids at home and just like we've done.
Speaker 13: It, but it is it's different when you're waiting for it to go around.
Speaker 15: And then I did have to shudder every time somebody spin them out because I'm not good with.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're not good with you.
Speaker 1: That's no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's kind of different on that. And again, it wasn't Barfoot. It was just like, get this out of my mouth. So I mean, we're not gonna spoon it out of your mouth, You're just gonna spin it out, all right. Well, listen, we gave away a bunch of tickets. There's still a bunch of stuff to get to you on the show today. I gotta bring me the Horizon tickets closer to around eight twenty, and then we're giving away those Mars Volta tickets on no the show. We're gonna get some pictures with everybody that came down. I just saw this this morning.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Oh and I gotta ask Chili Boyce here, is there a Wildcar Wednesday today? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be up there. Everyone's freaking out. There's no Wildcar Wednesday. Whoa because I refreshed the website to put it up on top, so they.
Speaker 3: Might to scrowl Okay, but it's I'm looking at it right now, Okay, so don't scare me. It's what the Below Twins twins, not the Bella Twins, all a bellow twins.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there is a why Car Wednesday, Yes, sir, okay, gave me like that.
Speaker 3: All right, Well I started the freak out man. Okay, Well, all right, we'll get to some other things. We got a bunch of stuff that we got to talk about today on the show.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Your wild Card Wednesday is up the Looking at Girls blog pages up. I mentioned it was Selena's birthday today, So she's.
Speaker 1: Being featured today on their.
Speaker 3: Food blog page, today Crazy criminal blog page. It's all right there.
Speaker 1: Houston's rocking alternative, The.
Speaker 11: Rod Last Morning Show from six to ten am, ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 3: Hi, here we go again, ninety four or five the buzz Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. And a lot of people watching us on our YouTube channel. I don't talk about it all that much, and I probably should mention it a little bit more. I hate beating you guys up to follow us on social media and do all of that stuff. It is really really important at rod Ryan's Show YouTube channel. Would love you to, you know, smash that subscribe button, subscribe, unsubscribing, then resubscribe. Yeah, smash the subscribe button. But yeah, check us out, check out the video of the show. I know we're on Facebook live each and every day, and you guys do a great job with us on Facebook. We appear to be like they're putting they're pushing our stuff out there a little bit more now than they were before.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: For some reason, they throttled way down on us for a while. But yeah, all the social media platforms, it is super important. I hate just sitting here beating you guys up, to beg you guys to follow and like all these things. But even Sophia at the front desk was saying, oh, it was really fun to watch that on YouTube today. So that's her unsolicited comment. She's like, no, no, no, that was fun to watch today. So those are the things that we would like you to do. When I say get involved with the Rod Ryan Show, those are things that I'd like you to get involved with. All right, thank you to everybody.
Speaker 1: That came down.
Speaker 3: Everybody did really good. I thought, you know, okay, I'll leave it. Camille, who I picked a win, who liked the peeps. Her comment wasn't lost on me. She's like, yeah, I couldn't breathe. She just I can't understand it. I've done this with my kids before a hundred times. There's all pee like, why you're supposed to do this at home?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think you're supposed to do this at home.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go. Unfortunately, there's some serious things, some sad things that we have to talk about.
Speaker 1: Alex with Houston's headlines, please, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A shooting occurred at Wilmer Hutchins High school in Dallas yesterday. Four students were injured in the shooting, and three of them, between the ages of fifteen and eighteen, suffered gunshot wounds, while the fourth suffered a non gunshot injury. All were transported to local hospitals with injuries ranging from serious to non life threatening. Thousand Independent School District officials confirmed that the suspect has been identified but remains at large as of last night. There was a shooting at the same school last year that injured one student, and the second incident has raised serious concerns from parents about security at the school. A new report from the US Sinners for Disease Control and Prevention reveals that autism spectrum disorder diagnosis among eight year olds in the US has reached a new high. In twenty twenty two, approximately one in thirty one children were identified with autism spectrum disorder, up from one in thirty six in twenty twenty and one in forty four in twenty eighteen, with boys diagnosed at an ASD or with boys diagnosed with ASD at a rate of three point four times higher than girls. Experts attribute the rise in autism diagnoses to several factors, including increased awareness, improved screening methods in broader diagnostic criteria that encompass a wider range of behaviors. While these factors contribute to higher identification rates, they do not fully explain the increase. Mark Zuckerberg once considered deleting all of your Facebook friends and making everyone start over. He suggests the idea back in twenty twenty two, because the social aspect of Facebook was declining. The thinking was that this could encourage users to reconnect with Facebook while rebuilding their social connections.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't have been the end.
Speaker 4: Of the world to readd your close friends and family members, but it might have been difficult to reconnect with that one random guy you talked to at a party back in twenty eleven. I have a lot of people like that. Like I went to one college party with you, but now I know your wife's name, your kid's name, and they had two dogs.
Speaker 1: Oh, you got a new Rotwiler.
Speaker 4: That's cool that Brett got that. Like, I've talked to Brett one time in my life. I'm sure we're Facebook friends forever.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's been things that have been have come up about Facebook that he hasn't told us. What they consider doing, but and be a bold move. It'd be a bold move to wipe everybody's thank you. You get a lot of people that would just not go back. Yeah, because you bet, I'm not doing all that, dude. If you're just gonna wipe whatever I did, I'm.
Speaker 1: Quite sure why they decided not that's why they decided.
Speaker 4: If on Instagram they's deleted all your pictures, like, you're probably just like I'm not going to post pictures again because it was get deleted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might almost just get wiped and say thank you. I was cool. Yeah, I need I.
Speaker 4: Needed the push, and now you gave it to me. The problem is mostly met his fault though. You're seeing less and less of your friend's content, and Facebook and Instagram are suggesting more suggest or giving you some more suggested content, short form videos and other algorithmic distractions. So yeah, like you were saying, people, we have all those people that follow us on Facebook, but when we post something, you might get a Roman history thing and like, hey do you like history? Chuck this out yep, like it'll show you that stuff. It's like no, no, no, I want to see the things I follow.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how much stuff Facebook is suggesting, Yeah to me right now, It's.
Speaker 1: Like, do they ever suggest us to anybody?
Speaker 5: Doesn't seem like that.
Speaker 1: All right, you said you don't know this guy, Wink Martindale.
Speaker 4: I knew a Wink Martindale, but yeah, former game shows Wink Martindale has passed away at.
Speaker 1: The age of ninety one.
Speaker 4: Martindale is known for hosting Tic Tac, Dough High Rollers and other shows throughout his seventy four year career in radio and TV. His manager announced that he died in California yesterday, surrounded by friends and family, but no cause if death was provided.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Wake.
Speaker 4: Martindale is also the defensive coordinator for the University of Michigan's football team and former Giants defensive coordinator.
Speaker 5: His name is Don Wink Martindale.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: It was probably named after this guy.
Speaker 3: He's got to be a top ten all time game show host. He's in the Hall of there's his name, like Wink. Yeah, there's a game show Hall of Fame. Bob Barker would be number one, maybe Pat Sajack, two, Alex Trebek and yeah, Bob, I'm already going one, two, three. I mean, you know, if you're looking at Mount Rushmore. I think Wink Martindale is a top ten guy all time. Chuck Woolery, Chuck Willery, Okay, Marcary, Mark Summers, Steve Harvey. Yeah, I think these are all top ten dudes that we're talking about. Wink Martindale is in that number.
Speaker 1: He's that big.
Speaker 3: I interviewed him once before. He was a really nice guy. Told me he was started out as a DJ. Loved talking to radio people because he started in radio and he.
Speaker 1: Had a young, fresh faced artist come in with his guitar time. Nobody knew who he was. His name was Elvis Aaron Presley.
Speaker 3: Young weapon snapper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he interviewed Elvis back in the day in Nashville radio.
Speaker 3: That's pretty wild. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The British rock fan The Darkness has announced their twenty twenty five North American tour and sport of their eighth studio album, titled Dream on Toast. The tour is going to kick off on August twenty ninth at the Rocklaholma Festival in Prior, Oklahoma, will run through September twenty first in Cleveland, Ohio. After a brief hiatus, the tour is going to resume on November seventh, right here in age Town and include and will conclude on November twenty second, and Denver, Colorado. Tickets are gonna go on sale to the general public Friday at ten am our time.
Speaker 3: All right, rancor the website Ranker dot com.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah you did.
Speaker 3: Alex Trebeckett one Barker, Gene Rayburn. I don't know if you remember him.
Speaker 1: Match game? Okay, ask your grandma.
Speaker 3: Richard Dawson, og family feud, Monty Hall, let's make a deal.
Speaker 1: Bob, you bank the newlywed games?
Speaker 3: Okay, Dick Clark, Pat Say, Jack, Chuck Woolery, Okay, maybe he's not top ten, Bill Cullen, Regis Philbin was the game show host. Yeah, Regius Wink Martindale at fourteen, so this fifteen, so on this particular one he didn't make the top ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, you ready to move on? Let's do it's those? Are you some some headlines?
Speaker 4: Rude gotta win. Last night they shut out the Cardinals two to nothing. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Cardinals this afternoon. Renal Blanco will be on the mound for the Strus going up against Saint Louis Is Steven Matts. First pitch is at twelve fifteen, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk of ninety. In basketball, the first two NBA playing games were last night. The Magic blew out the Hawks one twenty to ninety five and the Warriors got by the Grizzlies one twenty one to one sixteen. So the Rockets are going to play the Warriors in game one of their first round series on Sunday. Looks like an eight to thirty tip off for that one. There are two more playing games tonight. The loser of both games will be eliminated. At six thirty, the Bulls play the Heat and at nine the King's host the Mavericks. You can watch both games on ESPN. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: I can assure you there's a Wildcard Wednesday feature today. It is I've already looked on Links and Gas and then tw That is good.
Speaker 1: It's twins too.
Speaker 3: You're right. I don't know. People weren't seeing it for a little bit there they got into a panic.
Speaker 1: It's there.
Speaker 3: Chili's got you don't Warren Rock and Alternative Very used to the rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Marning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz half White part of the show. Peopa, It's ever last and what it's like, Good morning, Rob Ryan's show Wildcard Wednesday. Just like I got twins, the twins there's there's a set of twins, Yeah, a Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: And they're identical like you and Chile.
Speaker 5: It's all the.
Speaker 1: Part I did notice.
Speaker 3: What's nice is they didn't annoyingly go out and get the exact same tattoos. Yeah, they have different kind of weird differ and tattoos.
Speaker 1: That would suck if your twin game.
Speaker 3: He just like, listen, I really want to get this tattoo. You're like, man, I'm just flat out not into that.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I'm not into it.
Speaker 3: And that's clearly the situation that happened here. So I've seen twins with the same tattoo before. I'm like, come on, you can't like.
Speaker 5: Every getting swallow. I don't have any connections, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So twins on the wild Card Wednesday, there they are. There they are now.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's show Famous Camille, Cassie, Valerie and Jose Thank you. All of them came out to play Chubby Bunny this morning. They're on the rod Ryan Show Instagram at rod Ryan's Show. And you heard me before, I'd like you to follow, Yeah, I'd like doing I'd like you to you know, like us and follow and comment and do all of those things.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a big deal.
Speaker 3: It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: You'll podcast that, right, yeah?
Speaker 3: If we will play that? Best of what do we get a couple hours on Saturday morning?
Speaker 1: Two hours? They give us two hours, so nice of that. And they talk about cars, yeah, allegedly talk. Is that enough?
Speaker 3: Should we not have any more people in the studio this week?
Speaker 1: I think we should?
Speaker 3: Should we have somebody in tomorrow?
Speaker 1: I think we should chili?
Speaker 3: Are you done having guests or can we still have one more guest in studio tomorrow to play read my lips?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: We must have a guest tomorrow. Okay, it's a month because they're playing you well yeah that and.
Speaker 6: It's because now is part of our routine. So I feel like it's been thrown off my whole day.
Speaker 3: Okay, So people can still sign up on links and guests they want can come in and play.
Speaker 1: I'm about to move it to the top so they can find it easy.
Speaker 3: Please do not move that wildcard Wednesday. No keep, people were panicking, dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know why I was doing that Scheduled at post at three forty five am every.
Speaker 1: Morning, right, no, so more than one bro? Yeah, bro, bro, Bro Bro, where's the wildcard? Ro wild card? We'll do that to people. Well, you do it. At least they're paying attention. They are paying attention. That's great, all right, thank you, Chilli, so Chilly says it's not too late.
Speaker 3: Can sign up on the world famous Rod Ryan's show blog page.
Speaker 1: You can come down and play Read my Lips tomorrow against the Chile. Listen, I know what I'm asking here.
Speaker 3: We might need we might need Karen, the crazy cat lady on the show today.
Speaker 5: Okay, we might need her. What's going on.
Speaker 3: There's a disease called feline mammary hypertrophy causes major swelling in the mammary glands of female cats. Street name DPS. Figured out you're a smart kid, DPS. They call it Dolly Parton syndrome.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was thinking the P was a different thing.
Speaker 3: Think about Dolly Parton.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, this isn't fair. What is she known for?
Speaker 3: She's got a legendary voice, legendary country music career.
Speaker 1: The philanthropy is second to none.
Speaker 5: She's a female icon.
Speaker 3: But those cans, But those cans, I can only imagine wonderful. Yeah, I mean they are wonderful. I know, I can't imagine they are wonderful.
Speaker 1: I just you know, they gotta be great. Still, probably is she gonna be okay with this? She rolls with everything. She seems to be okay.
Speaker 3: Apparently there's a disease called DPS Dolly Parton syndrome that affects female cats. And like I said, you know, female mammary hypertrophy, which is a scientific way of saying huge cat boobs. Yeah, just made myself left saying huge cat boobs. I can only imagine that's gonna come in for reading. Unfortunately, it's uncomfortable for cats. It causes majors swelling and they're mams. And to minimize the risk, veternarians are recommending as old we used to get your female cat spade at a young age so they don't get so they don't suffer from Dolly Parton's indrome.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't want that, would you.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: We're learning every single day on this Silly Show, Rock and Alternative us.
Speaker 2: A round Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: Come on, all right, Welcome back everybody. Eight twenty about a ten percent chance of rain. Partner Claude Skuy's highs today of around eighty three.
Speaker 1: Alex.
Speaker 3: What's trending?
Speaker 1: Wild Card Wednesday? Trending?
Speaker 4: The Bellow Twins are being looked at by everybody, it feels like.
Speaker 3: Submitted by listener Rick V. I don't know what people were freaking out about. It's got a ton of hits. Yeah, people have seen it, people have watched.
Speaker 5: You gotta look at it.
Speaker 1: People are watching it for sure. And then great Moose migration what is trending? So this may be?
Speaker 4: I mean, I know you got swept up in the Eagles and the baby Eagles and bear big bear legg Ye. Now there is a million, millions of millions and millions of people are watching the great moose migration in Sweden.
Speaker 20: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know about this of MEAs I believe are.
Speaker 4: Migrating and they got a live stream of it that people are checking out. Are you telling me that multiple moose are meat?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm calling them right now?
Speaker 3: You can check that's what you call them.
Speaker 4: If you want to go see some meat. You're Canadians, I'm sure you love me mooses. Go check out the meases uh and uh and watch them migrate.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm three Things you Must See.
Speaker 3: I'm finally getting around to something that you had mentioned yesterday, and I just I said, yeah, Alex was in on this, but the footage of the elephants at the zoo in San Diego. Yeah, they reacted to that earthquake on Monday. Long before the earthquake hit, they were doing that formation, the alert.
Speaker 1: Circle, alert circle. So I got that on Three Things you Must See today.
Speaker 3: That was pretty cool. I didn't know about the mooses, the MEAs the moose, but moose size.
Speaker 4: And then NBA PLA Poffs is trending. The people are talking about the playing games. They've announced some start times for game ones of certain series. Rockets are gonna play Game one against the Warriors on eight thirty at the Toyota Center Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Super cool.
Speaker 4: I was hoping that it was gonna be an afternoon game, but it looks like a late night for me. At playoffs. NBA people are talking about it. That's what's training on I ever by the Bus.
Speaker 3: Tickets to go see Bring Me the Horizon with Motionless in White, The Plot in You September twenty sixth. Toyota Center tickets are on sale now Toyota Center dot com. You can win a pair from us right now. I'll take Caller ten seven one three two one two five nine four five The.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 3: Five, The Bus ninety four five, The Bus, popa Roach and Getting Away with Murder.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: You could be in studio with us tomorrow if you signed up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: But Rod, we just had people excuse I know.
Speaker 3: So I was wondering if Chili was gonna say, Okay, that's an ay man, that's enough people in the studio. No, he said he's looking forward to someone else coming in tomorrow because they're gonna play him and read my lips. You have to sign up on our blog page, lug onto the Buzz dot com and you know, go to that world famous section of it nice and you get signed up right there with the uh.
Speaker 1: We're doing good.
Speaker 3: There's twins there on the Wildcard Wednesday feature today the Looking at Girls blog page and I do want I want to talk about the food blog page today because there's a there's a special coming up tomorrow and H and I realized when we do all these things, it's free advertising. But I like to tell you guys about these things. Maybe there's one or two of you that are interested in getting in on this deal. But first I'll go over to the phones.
Speaker 1: Oh, the other thing.
Speaker 3: Mentioned is you got Wednesday, Thursday, Friday local bands. Friday is your last day to submit if you want to bring on Buzzfest. That's all presented by Love Street Blonde. If you want to open up Buzzfest and you want to be the band that goes on before the band that goes on before the band that goes on before the band.
Speaker 1: The band and the band and the band.
Speaker 3: That means you would go on before Chavelle Marilyn Manson below October Pody Evans, Blue Stabbing, Westward and Sleep Theory.
Speaker 1: You'd beat the band before that.
Speaker 3: Just think of the fortune and fame of being on that Buzzfest stage Saturday, May twenty fourth. Your band can do something about it by logging onto the buzz dot com. Over to the phones here. Good morning, good morning, good morning. Who's this good?
Speaker 10: Hector?
Speaker 1: Hector, your caller number ten? Congratulations, I got it. Yes, you got an awesome ticket for you, dude, man, bring me the horizon? Hell yeah, hell yeah? Hector?
Speaker 3: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: All right? Hector from Houston? You're the tenth caller? Who you bringing to the show or do you got a decision to make now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I'm bringing my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Those girlfriends, I think when you win on the radio, those girlfriends expect you to bring.
Speaker 1: That like, oh but my girlfriend, my girlfriend listens to you.
Speaker 17: Guys.
Speaker 1: Do you remember Joline Joline, Jolie Jolie.
Speaker 3: I mean I know the song, sure, and now there's well there's Joe Lean Joe jeans.
Speaker 1: What are the name of the jeans that Joe jeans? They're Joe Lane.
Speaker 3: It was I believe it was Jay Lean.
Speaker 1: For ooh, it was thirty seconds to the morn, not thirty seconds, yeah, thirty seconds the morning.
Speaker 3: She won tickets, yes, and she brought you she did. But then you got to return the favor. You got to return the favor, all right, Hector? And Joel, damn, you're a winner.
Speaker 1: I know this year has been a lucky year for that's a great year for Hector and Joelene.
Speaker 3: All right, well, listen, congratulations, have a great time at the show. It's bring Me the Horizon, motionless and white, the plot in you and just a couple more bands on this thing. September twenty sixth, What is? It'd be funny if you knew offhand what is Chloe Kardashian's clothing line? All Americans skims, No, that's her sister. Go to Chloe Kardashian, Joe Lane's jeans. What am I not getting here? They're Jean Lean's, Jean Lean, Jean Lean. She's got a collaboration her. Her clothing line is like all Americans, good American, Thank you. What the hell are those jeans called Jean Lean's, Joe Jean's, Dolly Jeans, can jeans, Joe Dolly's.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're just Joe Lane's. They're just Joe Lane's.
Speaker 3: Oh they didn't try to get clever and put jeans in the name Joe Lean's, Joelene's Jean's. Okay, we got Dolly parton syndrome. That's big titty kitties. Big titty kitties was suggested for UH to read my lips, and they got Joe Lane's and then you got Joeline's, Hector's Chick, and they're just going to all the concerts together, all the concerts.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Where are you at.
Speaker 1: With Red Robin?
Speaker 3: Red Robin?
Speaker 1: I think I've only been once. Might have been a movie at the Marquis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, I used to have it by the improv. So you're guys gonna go to a show or something here.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's still there.
Speaker 5: Get unlimited fries, right.
Speaker 1: Bottomless fries, you know that a.
Speaker 5: Little sprinkle you put the all season season all on it.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know any of this. I think that's what it was. Yeah, the bottomless sides nice.
Speaker 3: There's there's a Red Robin the Marquee here close to US Pasadena, Paarland and friends with so I think there's four in the area. This is if you wanted to get in on May's National Burger Month. The only thing they're not doing is telling me how many they're putting on sale tomorrow. I got a link up on the food blog page today. Red Robin has bottomless Burger pass. The passes will get a burger and a bottomless side, which is like all the fries.
Speaker 1: You can eat every day for the month of May.
Speaker 3: What are they charging for this card? Twenty bucks? It's good for twenty two. It's a twenty two dollars value per day. Don't hurt yourself. It's six hundred and eighty two dollars. Okay, you kind of did something like this with raising canes?
Speaker 1: Was it charity?
Speaker 3: Was for charity?
Speaker 1: You bought? Well, your dad boxed me out from getting it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean family comes first, so I knew you were trying to be a sneaky little snake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're rich, you.
Speaker 5: Can afford canes. I can't afford canes every day.
Speaker 3: Your dad boxed me out in a silent auction, and he got you what canes for a year?
Speaker 4: Janes for a year, which basically was I got one free meal that I paid for in advance, pretty much with the bid, but you got one free whten's meal every week and every like on Sundays, like if I hadn't gone yet, oh crap, And there are a couple like I would just give it, like the homeless guy.
Speaker 5: It was outside of the raising ends here you go, bud, you go body use it.
Speaker 3: You would go and buy the food, So do you think you did it fifty two? I did it.
Speaker 4: I absolutely did use every single week. I did not personally eat it every single week. But I swiped that card fifty two times, no kidding, as I tried to do it a fifty third time and like, oh, you don't have any more credits.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to ask you for numbers off the top of your head. Did you figure out like what your dad paid for it, and what what they.
Speaker 4: Paid slightly less than what it would have what I estimated it would have cost.
Speaker 3: Okay, nobody went to charity. Dude, this is twenty dollars. It's a six hundred and eighty two dollars value the pass. The Bottomless Burger Pass is good for up to twenty two dollars worth of food and beverage every day for one month. There will be a psycho like you that will go every day. But if you went twice right, you will have paid for it. They are not saying how many they're putting on sale for twenty dollars tomorrow. The Bottomless Burger Pass is available at redrobin dot com starting tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: It looks like ten o'clock our time set alarm.
Speaker 3: Limited number of them available and it says they're expected to sell out in minutes. Minutes would mean they had a couple hundred of these when it sells out tomorrow in seconds. Now, do they have to disclose how many they're selling? I don't know, like game show rules and the I don't know that you do. I don't know that they might sell twenty of these. Now, that would be bad if people found that out right, So maybe there's a couple hundred of them. I mean right now, this is all free evert this is a free commercial for reveryone is you know, but didn't Red Lobster do.
Speaker 1: Some unlimited endless shrimp fiasco and that may have led that may have led to their bankruptcy?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, food blog page today because like.
Speaker 4: There's people now that like people went poor, you know, like we can capitalize on that stuff, all right, you know what people offered.
Speaker 1: If you don't want me to take you up on it, yeah, I mean you're real good about it.
Speaker 3: Obviously you did what you did. This was the this was the whole thing with that movie pass. You bought that movie pass, and if you were flexible on when you could go to the movies, you couldn't go like Friday, Saturdays or Sunday, but.
Speaker 1: You would spend X amount of dollars. And if you went to two movies a month during the week, it would by far pay for your movie pass. I forgot what it was called.
Speaker 3: Might have been just called movie pass, I think it was. That's where they hope to get you on these things. That's why they sell gift cards. They want you to never use them.
Speaker 1: They expect people to lose them. Yeah, I guess what. That's fifty dollars then I get to keep all right, that's tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Maybe one of you will be interested to be interesting to see if one of our listeners got in on that.
Speaker 1: That's on today's food blog page.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five of us.
Speaker 1: You're ninety four or five The Buys Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: That's third Tive, Blind and Jumper rod Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Do Do Do Do Do Do Alternative Income chance to win a thousand dollar or is coming your way around nine ten. I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Leave you with Mars Volta tickets their show in October the seventy and three Music Hall. We're giving those away on Know the show. They don't go on sale until this Friday. I don't know if that's correct. Chilly check that for me, please. There's some funky dates on that know the show, but I know, I know we're gonna definitely give away the tickets though on Know the Show Today. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, highs of around eighty three. The pickleball record is back here in the States. As a matter of fact, Oh great. It took the great State of Texas to get it done too. North Texas, a group of pickleballers here broke the world record. Now listen, I know that you're kind of one of these guys. Like I make fun of the disc golf players, you pick on the pickleballers for some reason.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're running around out there.
Speaker 1: You're running around like tennis. Day tennis is super like super athletic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to play that so playing pinglock this.
Speaker 10: Up.
Speaker 3: In North Texas, they played pickleball for thirty six hours straight. Dude, if you're playing croquet for thirty six hours straight, it's tiring. It's a it's a it's a it's an accomplishment. The old record was thirty four hours set by a group in the UK last year. So they set out to do thirty six hours. They did thirty six hours straight. They raised over eighteen thousand dollars. They tied in a charity, Taylor's Gift that supports families families of organ donors, which where that's a tough one. That's a tough one that even says it's like it's it wasn't just to break the world record, but it was to raise some awareness and raise some cash organ donation. It's a tricky concept when people die suddenly, like my dad. Okay, I don't I can talk about it now. When my dad died of a heart attack behind the wheel of his car and he went off the side of the road.
Speaker 1: So my sister calls me, tells me dad dies. Booms.
Speaker 3: Worst day of my life, you know what I mean, an awful, awful off. She calls me back ten fifteen minutes later. Uh yeah, here's a list of stuff they.
Speaker 1: Want on a dad. You're just processing this, you know.
Speaker 3: But when the body and they find the body and the body is freshly deceased, they can go harvest.
Speaker 5: They want dan on your driver's ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but then they're calling me They're like, they want Dad's eyes. I'm like, oh my god, you're I'm ten minutes in finding.
Speaker 3: Out that my old man passed away. That is a tough thing. That is a crazy balance. I believe in it and just listen. That was a personal thing. We did donate everything, like take whatever you can. My dad would have wanted that for sure. So there was a great cause and they raised some money and all of that stuff. So it's back in Texas.
Speaker 1: I think I put it up on.
Speaker 3: Three Things you Must See Today along with the Elephants. Yeah, the Elephants. Oh and the guy.
Speaker 1: It was at a Major League Baseball game, the roping reporter. M A lot of people were mad about that guy. But I think that then but the mad you can't have fun anymore.
Speaker 5: Some people were calling it misogynistic.
Speaker 4: So what happened Basically, it was a brave reporter, like a Julia Morales.
Speaker 1: He was a man, and they were like, oh, so you come to a lot of Braves games. And it was some lady from out of town.
Speaker 21: She was like, well, when I try to come down to visit her once a year, and you know, she takes me to a Braves games. It goes to you a Braves fan yet ah, And he was like, was trying to make small talk and she's like not yeah.
Speaker 1: He's like, we'd have we got six morenaings to.
Speaker 4: Turn this around, and the like, yeah, Jeff, you got a six mornings to try and get a number.
Speaker 3: And he's like, oh, they're.
Speaker 1: Telling me, but tell me they think I should try and get your number.
Speaker 4: Like he turned it into a whole bit. Probably could have just kept it in his ear. But then she gave him his number or she gave him her number, and people were like, wow, can you imagine, like can you the massogyny And it was a funny little bit. And then last night he was on a hot dog sea saw. But that's what his job is is to go do the wacky things at the ballpark. He was just asked people how they were doing.
Speaker 1: It was a dead inning. Braves kind of sucked this year, so like, just chill out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Guy pulled a number.
Speaker 1: He didn't harass her, No, he was asking her some questions and then like played that card.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he called her or not.
Speaker 3: It's the most non threatening thing you've ever seen, is the most innocent non threatening thing you've ever ever seen.
Speaker 4: So many people are used to, like using apps and dms and stuff like that, that I think that people aren't used to, like just getting a number in the wild, Like that might just be a foreign concept to.
Speaker 3: A lot of people, Like, wait, you can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just asked to check her number, and if she wants to give it to you, she will. Yeah, it's a real innocent thing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I thought it was harmless. It's not like he's tried if that was a bit every game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, maybe that's weird harmless, right coming from a man, of course, you think it's harmless, checking my shut up? All right, it's that's headlining three things you must see today. So there's a lot of stuff to look at there.
Speaker 1: Rocky and Altar very soon.
Speaker 3: Ryan Morning Show six ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod, Ryan's show, Shine Down, Don't Die partly Claude's guys today. Low chances of rain, highs of around eighty three. Alternative income a chance to win one thousand dollars coming your way at around nine ten, And right now we got Alex with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A shooting occurred at Wilma Hutchins High School in Dallas yesterday.
Speaker 5: Four students were injured in the shooting.
Speaker 4: Big of them, between the ages of fifteen and eighteen, suffered gunshot wounds, while the fourth seperate non gun shot injury. All were transported to local hospitals with injuries ranging from serious to non life threatening. Dallas Independent School District officials confirmed that the suspect has been identified but remained at large as of last night. There was a shooting at the same school last year the injured one student, and this second incident is raising serious concerns from parents about security at the school. As of yesterday, the measles outbreaking Texas had escalated to one hundred or five hundred and sixty one confirmed cases, marking an increase of two hundred cases over the past five days. The majority of infections are among unvaccine individuals or those with unknown vaccination status, with only eleven cases reported among individuals who who received at least one dose of the MMR vaccine. Gaines County remains the epicenter of the outbreak, accounting for over sixty five percent of the state's cases. The outbreak has also spread to neighboring states including New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas, contributing to a nationwide total of over seven hundred measles cases, which is the highest in a decade. Here's a health hack for you. You don't have to exercise. You just gotta do things faster, yeat, like walk, just like that, like Roger. You're the perfect candidate for this. If you don't want to exercise. It turns out that you can get some of the same benefits by just rushing through stuff all the time. A study in the journal Circulation found that doing random tasks and chores faster might do wonders for your health if you. Searchers tracked the movements of twenty four thousand adults for about a week, and none of them were people who got regular exercise. The ones who did minor tasks briskly saw major health benefits.
Speaker 3: Years later.
Speaker 4: For some, their heart attack and stroke dropped by as much as half. Minor stuff might include quick things like speed vacuuming the rug or.
Speaker 5: Walking faster when you take out the trash. So that's perfect for you, rod.
Speaker 4: They found that even five minutes of rushing per day can make a difference The idea is just to get your heart pumping, and you don't have to be pumping iron to do that.
Speaker 1: My kid even asked me, She's like, why are you always in a rush? I'm trying to live longer, sweetheart. She's slow everything, she said. Kids don't understand urgent. This is what God did to me. Gave me a slow walking kid.
Speaker 3: Slow toothbrusher, slow hair brusher, slow shower, or slow everything everything slow.
Speaker 1: It's a complete opposite of what I need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how you test your patience.
Speaker 5: It's like, that's what he did to job.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm gonna go take my shower. You do your shower, and it's like he hasn't even got in there yet. I'm done showering.
Speaker 3: You do it.
Speaker 1: So like then they're playing with her hair. All right, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: Okay, Katy Perry, get the dance version of it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this is.
Speaker 4: Well, it seems like Monday's Blue Origins flight may not have been the monumental event that it was advertised as, at least not in the eyes of a lot of people in the public. Why does Wendy's have beef with Katy Perry? The fast food Chain made fun of her space flight the other day, tweeting quote.
Speaker 3: Can we send her back? Well, what they did is they grabbed a picture that somebody had tweeted out and it's like Katy Perry back on Earth. Wendy's retweeted it. Yeah, can we send her in your back? That's a bold move.
Speaker 1: That's a big corporation.
Speaker 5: Right, going at Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: Do we know any backstory?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Has she did? Don't? Has she dissed them in the past.
Speaker 4: Know that Wendy's kind of goes off on people randomly, which is the okay, have Wendy's So I hate myself for knowing this.
Speaker 3: Kesha yep tweets out a picture of her drinking like a frosty a Wendy's frosty?
Speaker 1: Are those related?
Speaker 4: I think that she didn't put a caption with it, but a lot of people are saying, like, oh, that was a pro Wendy's post after they dissed Katy Perry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like all right, she also doesn't like Katy Perry.
Speaker 4: So celebrities have been dumping on what they're calling a stunt, and the celebrities include Olivia Muny, Kesha, Like you just Kesha like you just mentioned Olivia Wilde, Emily Radakowski, and Amy Schumer.
Speaker 3: I think those are environmental people that talk about all the fuel that was used in the nonsense, the wasting of the money.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been doing like all you're trying to say it's female empowerment. You're just sitting rich people there basically flaunting your wealth, is what they are saying. I think if somebody was like, Alex, would you like to go to space, even if it's only an eleven minute flat, I would say absolutely. I would like I would go too. Yeah, I can understand why they said yes to it. It's like one of the richest guys in the world is I'll fund it. Maybe do you guys take my girlfriend?
Speaker 3: Maybe there was a study done, like how botox holds up in space.
Speaker 1: See, let's not rule anything out. Maybe there was some you know science.
Speaker 4: I would never take away the accolades of any woman, so I will not stand up against this because I support women more than Wendy's.
Speaker 1: Ryan Adams has been lying to all of us for years.
Speaker 4: Story since nineteen eighty five, at least that's when he really his song Summer of sixty nine, where he told us that he got his first real six string from the five and dime, But it turns out that that was all a lie. He actually got his first guitar from a music shop during a visit with his uncle when he was twelve years old. He was only nine also during the summer of sixty nine, so he lies about that too. But we have learned of the fun facts. There was about sex. It was about sex, so it was a little bit different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wasn't old enough to do all those things in the summer of sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Turns out everything they sing about in the songs are not always correct.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can you believe that?
Speaker 1: So not every song is autobiograund.
Speaker 4: Every song turns out. But that's what's going on. Those are US's headlines.
Speaker 1: I bet you. Bruce Brasley is not even from Jersey. He is, Oh he is. He got hear from me, I'm sent.
Speaker 3: What's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Well, the Astro's got to win.
Speaker 4: Last night they shut down the Cardinalor shut out the Cardinals two to nothing. They wrapped up their series against the Cardinals. This afternoon, Renelle Blanco will be on the map for the show. Is going up against Saint Louis Steven. Matt's first pitch is at twelve fifteen. To hear the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety. The first two NBA playoff game or playing games were last night, Magic blew out the Hawks one twenty to ninety five and the Warriors get by the Grizzies one twenty one to one sixteen. So the Rockets are gonna play the Warriors in their first round series. Game one is gonna be on Sunday at eight thirty. There are two more playing games tonight. Loser of both these games will be eliminated. The winner will face the loser of last night's games for the eighth and final playoff spot in those conferences. At six thirty, the Bulls are gonna play the Heat and at nine the Kings host the Mavericks. You can watch both games on ESPN. That's what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 7: Houston, Rock Houston's alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Mornings Show ninety five.
Speaker 3: Bus ninety four five the Bus and in essence going under nine o'clock hour, got a chance to win some cash. We launch it at nine ten. Jeremy continues at ten ten eleven ten, twelve, ten, all the way through Teresa at five ten A chance to win some alternative income by way of a thousand dollars cash. So we'll get your.
Speaker 1: Moving on that coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, partly Cloudi's guys, highs up around eighty three.
Speaker 1: We had a great round this morning of Chubby Bunny.
Speaker 3: We had Jose, Camille, Valerie, and Cassie joining us in studio. I'm gonna go back and listen to the podcast. I guess I could go back and watch the YouTube. Yeah, you could right and go back and watch our YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: I don't do that enough. I've done it in a long time. I forget, just like I gotta remind you guys.
Speaker 3: You know that the show is always on YouTube, the video, and then we're on Facebook Live right now, but it's on YouTube as well, and we would like you to subscribe, you know, so you'll get notifications and you can always check us out on YouTube.
Speaker 1: I see this article getting a lot of traction here. The formula.
Speaker 3: For having the perfect day, it includes a lot of different things, and I can tell you right now, six hours of work is the sweet spot. A lot of us don't have the luxury of only working six hours. But again, this is the formula if you want to have the perfect day? Is it Chili's formula for a perfect day? I don't see napping all day on this list, So this is not going to work for everybody. This is not one shoe fits Chili, like this shoe doesn't fit Chili. According to the study, using the better than typical rating as a sign of a good day, researchers went in and they did like a full breakdown. So one hour set aside for eating and drinking. Okay, okay, I mean we're not talking about going out to a nice dinner and sitting there for an hour and a half talking about how long does it take you to eat dinner? Ten to fifteen minutes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I always make.
Speaker 3: Fun of Thanksgiving, all that work all day, the shopping, the preparing stuff, and then the absolute.
Speaker 5: Mess everybody just want to swatch football anyway.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving dinner has never been longer than thirty minutes in my house, thirty minutes of eating and then just a wreck of my house.
Speaker 1: Right, So one hour for eating and drinking.
Speaker 3: I think that's respectable one point five hours of socializing, two hours hanging out with your friends, another two hours of exercising. That's a lot of exercise. Yeah, I just think we'd all be jacked. We'd be jacked. Six hours family time, less than fifteen minutes commuting to and from work.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that'd be a dream for some of you.
Speaker 3: A short six hour work day and one hour for TV, phone and tablet computer time.
Speaker 1: That doesn't leave a whole lot of time for sleeping. That doesn't leave a whole lot of I don't think there's enough sleep in there.
Speaker 3: The screen time thing. One hour of TV, phone, tablet computer time. Who's doing that?
Speaker 1: We know that that would be ideal, But no one's doing that right.
Speaker 3: Take out if you're doing it as part of your job, knock out that six hours that that doesn't count.
Speaker 1: If you've got to be on the computer at.
Speaker 3: Work, that's work, So that's your six hours of work. I'm talking about outside of work. If you could just how hard would it be for you to pull off one hour of TV, phone, tablet computer It's not happening.
Speaker 1: It's not happening.
Speaker 4: Did I count TV in the background, because that's most of my day like pretty much.
Speaker 5: Then when I get home, you know, I'm I'm.
Speaker 3: Less and less. I'm having the TV on in the background and playing music in the house. I try to I'm trying to do more music. But you'll see it though, when your kid gets just a little bit older, like yesterday specifically, like there's a school shooter on that's on the news, and it's like, Okay, I don't want to get into that right now. I don't want to get into that right now with a seven year old, So I don't play news.
Speaker 1: Let's just put some music on.
Speaker 3: I know a sports you probably have sports on playing that round.
Speaker 4: Sports Rogo, Comedy Central because I've Seinfeld and in the office for like five hours.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I'm starting to because because London's starting to notice and she's starting to look and now pay attention and understanding what's on the news. And all this goes back to mister Rogers neighborhood. Fred Rogers, one of the greatest human beings of all time. They asked him, like, you know, how do you handle when your kids see stuff on the news, and he said his mom used to tell him, look for the people that are helping, look for the people that are showing up to out, whether it's the first responders or the police or whatever. Look point out the people that are helping and focus on them if you do see something like that. And I thought that was amazing advice. That's an amazing piece of advice. That guy did nothing but just spew the greatest things that were ever said. I don't know, it's six hours with family, two hours with friends, eight hours of friends family. I mean in the day, I get it that would be ideal that maybe that's what people used to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what if they work and then like they get home at six or six point thirty and then you're cooking dinner, one of them is putting the kid down, You're doing a bunch of stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Like, it's just not a realistic timeline for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I saw an article.
Speaker 3: Now I'm sure one house has it, but the conversation pit is returning to homes.
Speaker 1: You know what that is? Like the indented couch into the Don.
Speaker 3: Draper, Oh good, Don Draper mad men. Yeah, so go back to that time.
Speaker 5: Can I also drink bourbon every time I have a conversation?
Speaker 1: Houses in their living room would have a pit where it.
Speaker 3: Would just be like a bench sink in. It would be a sunken in two steps and it would be a bench all the way around with a bunch of pillows.
Speaker 1: It was called a conversation pit.
Speaker 3: They said that homes. There's there's a couple that are being built. Now I'm sure, like I said, it said one or two homes. And now somebody's running New York Times is probably running with a story on it.
Speaker 5: Big Brother House Receiving and that's.
Speaker 4: Something like the Genie Bottle have like the Honeycomb, but like they decorated a different way.
Speaker 5: But it's just a room that basically you go and like you whisper.
Speaker 1: There, like we're gonna get rot out this week, and like we're gonna do this.
Speaker 5: Like there's people that just have conversations.
Speaker 3: But is it a sunken thing. Not always a sunken thing.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it'll be like a real road used to do like the gen Bottle though, where they would just have the Jersey Shore even did it. It's just basically a bunch of cushions in like a round little room where they'd have the phone for real world, but then people would hang out there anyways.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I know we got i'd be down. I know we got some back builders that listen to this show. Is the conversation pit really coming back?
Speaker 4: And also I think just drinking at work should come back to, like having a glass of scotch when your boss calls here and like do you want one to.
Speaker 1: I don't think everything in mad Men is coming back. Just chain smoking cigarettes at the office. No, that's not happening.
Speaker 12: Ninety four or five The Buzz. That's your chance now to win one thousand dollars. Answer this nationwide t word on our website. Chah, that's check.
Speaker 1: Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot.
Speaker 12: Had one thousand dollars an alternative income from ninety four to five The.
Speaker 2: Buzz, Houston's Rocket Alternatives and.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz, all right, Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday, Number one link today under links and guests. Maybe Alex is about to undo that right here online Kid's.
Speaker 1: Alix Online ninety four five The Muzz. Alright, what you got today? All right?
Speaker 4: Today's aol is called chilling in the Sun, and it's a nice day outside, so maybe you want.
Speaker 5: To go hang out in the sunle of that right, Rod says, touch grass.
Speaker 4: So you are going to you can enter your wet through your your address where're like maybe your work address too, and it's going to show you bars and like coffee shops in your area that are currently in the sun right now, so you can go sit on the patio.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome drinking coffee where I have a beer.
Speaker 4: So if you're looking for someplace for lunch, like that'd be a great way to go, Like right now, I just have the coffee shops, So there's I could go to merchant right now by us there's two Starbucks's three starbucks is that are currently in the sun. And then you can also find one that's in the shade. So it's like maybe it's a hot day and you want to stay in the shade. It also shows up is a little moon for you.
Speaker 12: Rick.
Speaker 4: Right now, there's a Starbucks off of sam Pelipe and Sage Road. We could hang out in the shade in the Galton.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a shade guy if I'm sitting there enjoying a beverage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want a pub to go to or a bar to go to, the rail yard, very.
Speaker 5: Sunny right now, right the rail yard.
Speaker 4: We could have over there, have a couple of drinks after work. That used to be the roll in the roll In Now it's the rail yard right up of sam Pelipe Street.
Speaker 1: That's where that big tip happened. Yeah, that's where post Malone. Yes, post Malone.
Speaker 5: That's the big billion dollar tip basically. But yeah, go check it out.
Speaker 4: Find some places a chill in the sun or the shade at the world Finish rod Ran showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Really good one today.
Speaker 9: Rock Ryan, Pappy Easter, be sure to wash the eggs or that funny could give you a pink.
Speaker 1: Guy on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Good morning, rod Ryan's show Stained and Lowest than Me rod Ryan's Show wild Card Wednesday. Thank you for hanging out with us a little bit this morning. I got Mars Volta tickets coming up for you on know the show before we get out of here. New York Post is running with a story right now.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: I do believe that there are things that are really like we are short on you.
Speaker 3: Was there a toilet paper shortage because people were kind of porting it weren't they. I believe that there was a toilet paper shortage at one point in the beginning of the pandemic in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they told us that it is.
Speaker 3: But you could see the shelves right. There was a SA shortage a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're not.
Speaker 3: There was the Velveta cheese shortage before the Super Bowl that one year, which I think that was a lie. Every year, every year we're told that there's not gonna be enough Christmas trees.
Speaker 1: Really, come on, dude, somebody runs.
Speaker 3: Somebody runs with a story every year in November that, oh, here's why it's going to be tough to get a Christmas tree this year. It's never difficult to get a Christmas tree. Wildfires, they're taking all our Christmas trees. The New York Post says there is a shortage of.
Speaker 1: Cousins.
Speaker 3: Cousins, Yes, I saw your eyes, like my aunt's kids child, your aunts and uncle's children. There's a shortage of cousins. Why people aren't happy as many kids as they used to. Well, yeah, guys, it's dispensing only.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 12: I guess.
Speaker 3: The idea is that millennial parents are not having as many kids as they were.
Speaker 1: As they were around growing up.
Speaker 3: Now there's actual data on declining birth rates right now that the idea is going viral because a female millennial TikToker talked about this issue and her TikTok picked up so many views that the New York Post has now run with the story that there's a shortage of cousins.
Speaker 4: So she's like population scientists or just a person on TikTok that they have TikTok.
Speaker 3: I know you're looking for the right word.
Speaker 1: It's called an influencer. She has influenced the New York Post to run a story on her.
Speaker 3: Concept, I guess you'd call it, and what she has noticed. She says that when she and everyone that she knows was growing up, there were countless cousins around. Now our kids have two cousins on one side, three on the other, and that's it. She says, it's just so different. Okay. She also, before this made a taco dip and no one ran a story on her taco dip. I probably sucked, same girl, same girl with a taco dip, like no one picked even Delish didn't pick it up.
Speaker 5: And now I'm going to get into population control.
Speaker 1: New York Post running.
Speaker 3: With this story that we're low on and now I've always been low on cousins. Do you have a lot of cousins? I have a lot of cousins. That means you your mother does. Does your mom and dad have a lot of brothers and sisters? Is that why your mom?
Speaker 1: Okay, so a lot of cousins over there? I got none, I I do.
Speaker 2: I do have some.
Speaker 3: My mom has two brothers they never married.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my dad's brother never made Okay, I have a cousin on that side.
Speaker 3: I have a brother and sister that never married.
Speaker 1: I tried it for five years.
Speaker 4: You can just do the Sopranos thing you did. Just call everybody a cousin. That's what I'm doing, cousin, That's what going on. I have all my friends, and this is your uncle Jack, This is your uncle Jacob. This is like, if it's my friend, you're gonna see him enough. You're uncle Chile.
Speaker 3: Chili's talking about cousins all the time. Chili's God, But you got cousins all over the place. Do you have a lot of cousins here or I mean you still have cousins.
Speaker 1: In Guatemala I'm sure. Uh no, yes, yes or no? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay? You have cousins here?
Speaker 1: Yes, a lot? What was about eight?
Speaker 5: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Do you talk to any of them? Uh?
Speaker 1: Not that much. Well, yeah, because we're busy. You know, he's busy. Yeah, everybody's watching Blue Bloods.
Speaker 6: Now, they're watching that, David, I'm watching Yeah, yeah, CSI right now?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, season one, I mean you and Miami or o GCS the.
Speaker 1: Vegas one okay, yeah, season episode I will say ten of season one.
Speaker 5: Cool story, cool story, bro.
Speaker 3: I was more of a Horatio guy.
Speaker 1: Listen, you guys are catching up while I got you. Yes, sir, some work related things. Oh yeah, go ahead. Did you pick somebody for read my lips to?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm about to do that right now.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna have somebody by the end of the show?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? Is it a problem? Are people applying? No, they they've been applying. Good good, I got this. You've been busy with your cousins chat. Yeah, no, it was or not.
Speaker 6: Today kind of threw me off because the first two hours went by super fast for me. Yeah, but now I'm catching up on work and stuff. So that's why I'm kind of like throwing off catching up.
Speaker 3: Probably didn't watch any Bernie Mac this morning at all.
Speaker 6: Trust me, I'm gonna be. I'm gonna be watching double time of Bernie after the work.
Speaker 1: He's got Martin Rowland like you roll the Office.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your Safety Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah that show. By the way, your show has been off thirty years. Okay, yeah, but he's still rolling it over there. Okay, thank you, Chilly, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Bus, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for hanging with us. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Yeah, touchgrass, something we've been talking a lot about on this show. It's another one of those really nice days.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 3: Partly cloudy, so you don't got to worry about too much. Sun, ten percent chance of rain, highs up about eighty three. If you get.
Speaker 1: Outside today, man, go'll do it. Even if it's just what I thought. You had a really cool aol today.
Speaker 3: He kind of talked about it, if you wanted to get out and maybe go grab a cup of coffee or go grab a drink.
Speaker 5: Chilling in the sun.
Speaker 1: Who's got sun, Who's.
Speaker 3: Got shade right now.
Speaker 1: The thing that the stuff they come up with is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Before you go to you want to work on our dinner lunch on a patio.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's type in where we're at and then boom, I'll show you a couple of spots.
Speaker 3: Did you know that coffee is America's favorite beverage?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know it was number one.
Speaker 4: We have guessed like top five for sure, just because it's something that a lot of people drink it.
Speaker 3: Coffee America's favorite beverage numbers are just in the spring twenty twenty five National Coffee Data Trends Report came out.
Speaker 1: Finally two thirds. I'm in there now. Drink it daily? I don't daily. Oh I didn't know this. I thought you were drinking it every day.
Speaker 4: I'm going back to tea, but I do drink coffee several times a week. Sometimes you need like all right, I'm still kind of tired, and I'll drink a coffee like kick in. I'll say this, I'm bean cutting back on the five hour energies and I've been struggling.
Speaker 1: Good for you, dude, you shouldn't cut back on.
Speaker 5: My seventeen cups of coffee at Coffee.
Speaker 3: Is America's favorite beverage. Two thirds drinking it daily. That's more than bottled water, tea, soda, juice. Those are your most popular beverages.
Speaker 5: That seems right.
Speaker 4: Energy drinks I feel like would have been higher up on the average coffee drinkers three cups a day your average.
Speaker 3: If you're drinking three cups a day below that, I am below that too, and I want to stay below that. Threes ahah two on a two day, I make one in the morning. I make an iced coffee in the morning, and then I do one here at a round seven forty five.
Speaker 4: On weekends, like if I'm making breakfast, I like to make one when I get up, and then if I'm doing the breakfast, after I've made it, I'll make another cup and then treat myself.
Speaker 1: I'll say this with your breakfast.
Speaker 5: When was the pandemic twenty twenty twenty twenty, I'll never forget.
Speaker 3: It's dulled my teeth. The teeth aren't as bright white as they used to be because of COVID. No, because of coffee. I'll tell you write the pandemic.
Speaker 1: No, it's a damn pandemic. It's darken than our two Oh. I started drinking coffee during the panty.
Speaker 3: That's when I started okay, for no reason at all, For no reason at all, I don't know, you're bored. What else do you know?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to I wasn't bored. We were coming in here all every day. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just said, well, I don't know, maybe I should drink drink some coffee. It's here. It was like me switching.
Speaker 1: It was like me starting to drink gin and tonics. It just happened.
Speaker 2: One day.
Speaker 5: You started drinking our work coffee, and our work coffee is not the best.
Speaker 3: Now, I will never be a coffee snob. I couldn't tell you that this stuff's no good.
Speaker 1: I'm not a snob.
Speaker 4: I drink black coffee, but like it's not good. The cinnamon one's pretty good.
Speaker 3: The cinnamon one is good.
Speaker 4: I like it. There's a couple of them. They're just like, I don't know. I'll drink it still, but I don't want to enjoy it. I want to just get the effect from it. Shoot that thing and then I'm good to go.
Speaker 3: With all the headlines that Starbucks get, and you see the lines and everything, there's a thousand locations. I learned that yesterday home is the most popular place to get coffee. People still make it at home.
Speaker 1: Curig, Yeah, little Currig.
Speaker 4: I have a little like electric teapot thing I do when I'm doing the tea in the morning.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why more people don't.
Speaker 5: Just make their own it. It's two seconds.
Speaker 3: The pod.
Speaker 1: I think people like the flex of going to Starbucks.
Speaker 3: I think so. I think they like walking around.
Speaker 1: Buy a Starbucks cup. I think they like that five hundred cups.
Speaker 5: You steal some cups and then it looks like you were to Starvice.
Speaker 3: No one knows.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Good, Thank god I had time to give you the coffee numbers that I've been waiting all day.
Speaker 1: Got some more coffee numbers for you.
Speaker 5: Maybe we'll do something when I got Scuba A meeting fee five times a week.
Speaker 1: All right, that's how you give numbers. You just get in, you get out.
Speaker 3: Mars Volta Mars Volta Live, October twenty eight, seven.
Speaker 1: One to three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you tickets.
Speaker 1: On Know the show. I'm gonna let you ask the question today. All right, it's your bit, so you be sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, you can do it today. Houston's Rocking Alternatives A rod.
Speaker 2: This Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. All right, here we go Rob Ryan Show, Ready for.
Speaker 3: Our final segments called Know the show Mars Volta over twenty eight SEVENE three Music Hall. Okay, what's your question?
Speaker 4: We learned about a new medical issue that a bunch of cats are experiencing.
Speaker 1: Now we have a lot of cats. Cats are experiencing now, they sure are.
Speaker 3: I never heard from carrying the Crazy Cat Lady either when I need her on, she's busy like saving cats.
Speaker 1: So what is that medical issue called? Yeah? All right, who's it named after?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 19: That'll be easy.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the exact.
Speaker 3: Terminology seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, come get us.
Speaker 20: Attention station employees apparently, Well, the Easter funny was hiding the eggs around the office for our egg hunt. He found everybody's booze and it's been taken away.
Speaker 1: Thank you. The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five A Buzz four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: But Hot Chili Pepper's other side, Rod Ryan's Show, Well, thank you, so much for hanging with us today. We got a great ticket for you before we get out of here, hit it.
Speaker 1: He's now time for I Know This show on ninety four five The buzz.
Speaker 3: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who we got.
Speaker 7: Cameron?
Speaker 3: Cameron?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hi Cameron, and I just want to make sure we got the right name.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: Do do do do do do do?
Speaker 3: Good? Good bro.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let Alex do uh know the show? All right? I stole it one day from you. Get over it? All right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Ready, yeah, this is Cameron. What's your question?
Speaker 4: We learned about a new medical issue that cats are having nowadays.
Speaker 3: What is it called.
Speaker 1: A Dolly Parton syndrome?
Speaker 5: Yes, it is DPS.
Speaker 1: Oh it is Dolly. Dude.
Speaker 3: You're the winner. We're gonna give you tickets to go see Mars Volta October twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Okay, awesome, appreciate it, dude.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you, man. Thank you, Cameron. Have an awesome day.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thank you.
Speaker 3: Chillie said, is this the first time you've won something from us.
Speaker 1: Is that true? Yes, there it is, no kidding dude.
Speaker 3: Man, that is awesome. Uh, super happy that you're on the show today. Man, thank you, Cameron. Have a great day, k I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Where you went with the Mars Volta all right, moody, yeah, moody O good, very talent.
Speaker 3: There's a disease called feline mammary hypertrophy causes major swelling in the mammary glands of female cats kitty titties.
Speaker 1: It's known as DPA Dolly Parton syndrome. I mean, that's just another.
Speaker 3: Thing for Dolly, you know what I mean, the philanthropy, the singing career, the writing. I will always love you, Dollywood, her cans and now the cats.
Speaker 1: Ye good for her.
Speaker 3: All right. I want to thank Jose, Camille, Valerie and Cassie for coming in this morning. They were great.
Speaker 1: They were all great on Chubby Bunny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I gotta be a certain mood from Mars Volta.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in a good mood right now. This is kind of a mout like you feel that, like I'm done with it, following me out because Chili right there, he said that he was gonna have a name for us. Do you have somebody that's gonna come down and play read my lips tomorrow against you?
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I did. He's confirmed already. His name is mac Lidele.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ma's gonna come in and play. Got him all the instructions, what time to get here and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play at eight twenty right, Yes, at eight twenty am. So I told him he needed to be here about seven forty five.
Speaker 3: The ladies, Chillie, Maybe you could answer this question. Why does Double O seven Sean Connery hate Other John? You do know you heard what I heard this morning on Fresh out of Bed head to your Head. Why do you think he hates Other John?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just thinks I think he knows when the call. He knows that he's defeated Other John.
Speaker 6: So he says, my chances are pretty good with Other John, and so I'm gonna call it when he's blamed.
Speaker 3: We had an awesome fresh out of bed head to head challenge this morning.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean awesome that I was glad to see John go. We all love John. I'm say Double oh seven.
Speaker 3: Came in here and just kick some ass today. That's a game you want to go back and listen to. If you missed it, you definitely got to go back and check out the podcast. I am going to check out the podcast of Chubby Bunny. I just want to hear how it sounded.
Speaker 1: Because I'll tell you what, every time Jose, Jose had two peeps in his and he was already making me laugh. Yeah, he was out quick. He was out quick.
Speaker 3: Not first, but he was out quick.
Speaker 6: I bet he takes a long time to eat his burger, a little small bite, sucker Bunny.
Speaker 3: All right, that's it, we gotta go. Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop Nooner. Pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: We are on a.
Speaker 3: Twenty hour break. We'll do it all again tomorrow, but just a little bit better. Okay, have a great Wednesday everyone, am F.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 9: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.