Speaker 1: What is a windows screen something you used to keep flies inside the house? Correct? Pay that man eight dollars. What is a bathing beauty a girl with a nice profile all the way down? Correct? Pay that man nine dollars.
Speaker 2: Because it pays to be ignorant, as living proof to audu service men and women listening in over there, that it does pay to be ignorant. Here's another half hour with Radio's biggest collection of Zanny's The Incomparable with George Shelton, Lodo McConnell, and Harry McNaughton, our doctor of music Nat Novic and the man who sticks his neck out every week at this time, our moderator, Tom Howard, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ken Robinson.
Speaker 1: Love me, ladies and gentlemen. Well, here's that quiz program again with the Board of Experts, who consists of three people whose brain has been in quarantine ever since the day they were bored. First, we had to celebrate author mister Harry McNaughton, who was just written the booking title how to Get into a Girdle or the Battle of the Bowls. But here he is, mister Harry McNaughton.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I have a poem, mister haw Yeah, Yeah, it's a grateful feet of.
Speaker 6: Meat, and sweep was tipping the.
Speaker 5: Night fantastic when suddenly she tore for the dressing room door.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, you can't trust this wartime.
Speaker 7: Elastic has to be.
Speaker 5: I could have written more, you know, but I didn't want to stretch it.
Speaker 1: All right, Nice, we have a woman who went a girl at school, couldn't get a head and still hasn't got one. A woman who a she calls to visit. You can stay longer in a half hour than the average person can stay in the whole week. That's Lula mcconel. How was your pie last night?
Speaker 8: It's the hour? Yeah, how we've.
Speaker 7: Made pusses the corner?
Speaker 1: Did you did you enjoy yourself? Now?
Speaker 3: Somebody hit me the pussons?
Speaker 1: Ill, let's get on here. Nice. We have a man. Nice, We have a man who was born in a pod. Now everything he touches his myth. A man a man who went a boy killed his mother and father so he could go to the orphan's picnic. Mester George shout faith, you know, like, how did you see by the newspapers? Dick Tracy just paid fifty dollars for a suit of red flannel underwear at the dollars for a suit of red flannel underwear.
Speaker 3: I bet he'll get it to this time.
Speaker 1: Let's get on here. And now that you met the experts, here's the first question. See if you can tell me here it is? What is a bridle path?
Speaker 2: He was for?
Speaker 5: Did you say a bridle path to the high That bridle path?
Speaker 1: What is it? It's the last mile for some poor sucker. Oh no, A bridle pass is an iron of the church you walk down. That's not what I mean. A bridle path is something else? Or if something else, why do they call.
Speaker 4: It a bridle path?
Speaker 1: It is a bridle pan leave.
Speaker 6: It that way?
Speaker 1: What do you want to change it as something else for?
Speaker 4: You're always changing things.
Speaker 1: I've got you're the guy that changed sixth Avenues to the Avenue of the American.
Speaker 3: Look you're talking about Mary, Well, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I am talking about something that has to do with a horse.
Speaker 6: Oh, come come to the house. Whoever heard of a horse getting mad?
Speaker 4: Believe? Why not?
Speaker 1: If they lead them to the halt, and don't they Leadion is enough harder? That's terrible.
Speaker 3: And he has a groom, don't they see? I mean he has a blue don't get so nosy.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: The place is not about Mars, It's about horses.
Speaker 5: Oh, I went horseback riding the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you go alone?
Speaker 6: No, the horse went with me.
Speaker 3: Well, wait a minute's mcnard.
Speaker 1: You say you went horseback riding?
Speaker 5: Where did you ride right between the horses.
Speaker 4: Neck and his tail?
Speaker 5: I would say approximately around the middle.
Speaker 1: All right, that's enough the tough time, all right, way.
Speaker 9: Let's get on here.
Speaker 3: I love horseback riding. I went horseback riding last Sunday.
Speaker 1: Fine, you went horseback riding. Tell me where did you go?
Speaker 7: I said, the Canises?
Speaker 6: Really, how is that it?
Speaker 1: Will you please get back to the question. What is the bridal path you was for? I remember when I got married. I don't start that marriage visit. I didn't start. It's been going on for years, even before we had bridle paths. Bridle paths are not for marriage, are they for them? They're for bridles? Wait a minute, they're for horses.
Speaker 6: Well, horses have bridles.
Speaker 4: Mits, mccaddle.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in Central Park?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: I see what you mean? Have you ever seen people riding horse back in the park in the daytime? Now? What are you doing in central part of the daytime?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 7: Silly ball? How did I get in there? Yah?
Speaker 1: I go. Now here's the next question, by attention. If a woman is married twenty five years to her husband, how long has her husband been married?
Speaker 6: What's her name?
Speaker 1: That doesn't make much difference. We'll just call them mister and missus sea cook. Did you say mister and missus sea Cook? That's right.
Speaker 4: I used to know this son.
Speaker 6: Oh how'd you know the helicope?
Speaker 1: Well, everybody call him a son of a sea cook? Oh? Yes, great, forget the name. The question is if a woman is married twenty five years, how long is her husband to marry? Wasn't the chest wedding?
Speaker 8: Mister Howard?
Speaker 1: That doesn't enter into the question. Let's just say it's the plain, simple wedding, and the one.
Speaker 4: That's get married is plain and simply.
Speaker 1: If you ask me, nobody asked so well, they might they might ask me.
Speaker 4: Wait, they asked you.
Speaker 3: They might write me, all right, they might.
Speaker 1: I was married by justice to page you were, yeah, and I have had no justice, no pieces.
Speaker 5: Micconell told me, how how did you get your husband him?
Speaker 4: In a crap game? Was the dice loading?
Speaker 8: No, but he was.
Speaker 1: The heart.
Speaker 6: Do you think manages the chief.
Speaker 1: Cause of divorce? Yeah, I think it is. You're a enignor ramit's miss mcgot well.
Speaker 4: You're wrong, old boy.
Speaker 6: I don't belong to any law.
Speaker 3: I say, sick Pconnell. Would you marry an ugly man jest for his money?
Speaker 1: I don't know how much money you got. Well, get back to the question. If a woman is married twenty five years, how long as theore have been married?
Speaker 7: I think I don't get married.
Speaker 3: You know, I've been going through life in single harness.
Speaker 4: I think I'll do it in double harness.
Speaker 1: After that, I'll give my regards to the other horse. Why would I ever turned around the first time my old man whistled at me. I bet your old man wished you had never whistled if he asked me, have.
Speaker 3: You any children listening? Not?
Speaker 1: No? We have not. Why everybody has children? The birds of these, even turtles have children.
Speaker 6: I have, Oh, I always thought they had tuttles.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: You know a friend of mine got married the other day.
Speaker 5: Is he had a pound of butter and she had a pound of liver. Woods they got married for a corner or a horse.
Speaker 4: I have the Maloney look Johnny.
Speaker 9: Only member in the August.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's going to be good tonight.
Speaker 8: I don't, Oh no, I know they might have been taken leave.
Speaker 7: Plan are Momley.
Speaker 1: Who now we come to walk in Tesson's why mister Robinson getting the pops up. Where we turn to the musical portion of our program, we have an orchestra who at one time had music explained to them but never heard any of it. So that's the way they play here. They are Dr Novic and his Quizzlings, Dr hey Ge, Double l Y and anybody is d Kelly you can tell him by his style is a D by the foot he is irin fruit has anybody has day Kelly? Tell him for the green next time?
Speaker 9: I am that's very They were alone. It wasn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, no all r Gey that's carry it.
Speaker 7: That's all. We aren't trying to take no tay a word again.
Speaker 4: A Hey, no.
Speaker 1: Aga make th it's amain that shame and I have.
Speaker 7: Thank you act carry.
Speaker 1: A.
Speaker 7: I hope.
Speaker 1: Boy, I'd fire that August Reverend wasn't put up act that I can beat them all. Playing Teenagh was our first contents, our first guesses.
Speaker 2: Eving Howard is Corporal John Ackerman of the United States Marine.
Speaker 1: How do you do, mister Ackerman. It's the pleasure to have you with us.
Speaker 8: How do you feel, sir?
Speaker 6: I feel fine?
Speaker 1: Well, that's great. Where's your hometown? Would you care to tell down?
Speaker 5: Scobyville, New Jersey, Oh, Scobyville down their own know the place well, Tobyville, New jay v Well, put a baseball trub in my hand.
Speaker 6: And call me batty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I used I used to wash that.
Speaker 3: I was a dishwasher in the dentist office.
Speaker 6: You are you were a dish washer in the dentist office.
Speaker 1: I used to wash plates, laid our attention until the mister Ackerman, he's working out to be a moron. I won't have been.
Speaker 6: I wont have been in the service kit.
Speaker 1: Just about three and a half here, three and a half here. It's fine, my boy. And congratulations. Are you still in or are you about to get out?
Speaker 8: I'm about to get out.
Speaker 4: I hope. Well, I hope so too, my boy.
Speaker 1: And congratulations to it. And I hope you have lots of luck when you don't get out.
Speaker 5: I sell you know a couple you know, congratulations too for me?
Speaker 4: Yea, I was in the last foe.
Speaker 6: You know, I was a real gunner on a bomber.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, in the last one that didn't have any rare gunners on the bombers.
Speaker 5: But didn't no, no wonder they tied me onto the table.
Speaker 1: What didn't you do before you went in the service I was a real gun on the part of the interruption, mister Ackerman.
Speaker 3: I did service station work mostly.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see you were.
Speaker 1: Sort of a service station attendant. And do you think you'll go back to that work after the after you get out or no, I don't think I will. Well, I don't think so too. I bet you've learned a lot since those days. Well, we certainly aren't very happy to have you with us here tonight, which you're on watched her name Honey.
Speaker 8: John, John John.
Speaker 1: I love that name John John.
Speaker 3: So manly.
Speaker 1: I love manly name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's so manly.
Speaker 7: You said that.
Speaker 4: What I love the name John. You're you.
Speaker 8: You could just call me pigeon.
Speaker 4: I like to fill a tu.
Speaker 1: And you got to toast the match too, uh, John. When you reach into the dunchcap fain pick out a question for us, please one, would you be good enough to read the question if you don't mind, just take good time.
Speaker 6: What country to marry? Queen of Scott's come from?
Speaker 1: What country did Mary, Queen of Scott's come from? So hard?
Speaker 6: Would you mind repeating the question?
Speaker 1: All right, I'll repeat it, of course, of your mind.
Speaker 4: Don't I don't, I don't mind.
Speaker 6: You don't mind what I.
Speaker 1: Don't mind repeating the question?
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 6: All that's spouting is to hard. Thank you so much, Kenny On.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. What's it was Mary, Queen of Scott's from.
Speaker 4: What's the name of the country.
Speaker 8: Ain't that awful?
Speaker 1: That's the question I'm asked. What became of the other question?
Speaker 3: What out a question? What about the Queen of Park.
Speaker 1: I didn't say, bodife a Scott from my country? Was Mary, Queen of scott She was later an English queen.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, you should have seen the Brooklyn queen I was out with last time.
Speaker 8: Boy.
Speaker 3: I tried to kiss her.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 4: And she crowned me.
Speaker 1: I'm not thought about that kind of queen, this queen, This queen was a ruler how long? Mister McCartney, you're a perfect idiot.
Speaker 6: That's what I like about this country. Everybody gets a chance.
Speaker 1: Man this is a historical question. Do you know anything about history, miss McConnell i, or I made enough of it? I well, Mary, Queen of Scott's was a historical character. Well marry historic to mister Howard, some of your own man did no, no go oh, Now me and I old man get historical time to have a fight. No, you'll mean hysterical. I mean historical.
Speaker 3: We did up the pass.
Speaker 6: Oh you know you know I had a fight with my wife last night.
Speaker 3: Oh don't you know, mister mc north, Before you start fighting, you should.
Speaker 1: Count up to ten.
Speaker 5: I did, but you should see what he did to me while I was counting.
Speaker 1: You know, sta fighting. I used to be a fighter. I bought kid William's kid Brody Kids, Sweeting and then my manager double cross me.
Speaker 6: Really, how you run out of kids?
Speaker 4: And he made me fight a full grown man.
Speaker 1: My old man is starting to be a fighter. Yep, he says, all the time, punching the bag. Well why don't why don't you punch him back?
Speaker 8: What you know?
Speaker 5: I cried pride fighting once?
Speaker 8: Did you make any money?
Speaker 1: How much did you get a fight?
Speaker 5: Ten dollars down and ten dollars When I got up, I was on the canvas so much. They called me Mona Lisa, Lisa mcnoth, They called me very nice thing.
Speaker 1: Can we please get back to the question. That was the question of Howard, are you paying attention? That's a good question. Who get that in?
Speaker 6: What was the question?
Speaker 7: Are you playing attention?
Speaker 1: I'm not, Johnny said, And now who's our next guest?
Speaker 2: Our next guest, mister Howard is a very lovely and charming young lady. Michael Sam's Navy Yeman, third Class Alice, King of the Wave.
Speaker 1: Bye, good evening, miss King, and welcome to a place Biggart. How are you deceavening, Miss King? It's fine, well, that's fine. You certainly do look it. We're very glad to have you with us. Where's your hometown with your care to tell us the mone Iowa?
Speaker 5: Oh des Moine ile, Oh yeah, yeah, of course that's an hour, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Mister?
Speaker 4: That's right des Moines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping cleverly I should say you are.
Speaker 1: Can we go on for the next question. Let's make when the snakes get drunk they see you. You know, I have a brother washing in des Moines, not in Ioway, though, des Moines, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 7: I see.
Speaker 1: Shu up shopper's cold shallows. Yeah, I expect of that from your mental shallow.
Speaker 3: I'm got a seamor in town, and I got an awful coal in Detroit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had to buy a new jersey. I see, kept me warmer.
Speaker 1: Where you stay home for a change, you'll be all over the nation. Pay no attention to them.
Speaker 8: Miss king.
Speaker 1: What are you doing in New York? You're stationed here or something?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, I'm having lots of fun.
Speaker 1: Are you stationed here? Yes? I work in the Navy Catalog Office, in the General Office work. Oh, the General and the Navy catalog Or that's make enough catalogs? Is that right? Well, we help out, or you'll help out. Maybe you can help me out. Do you know if the news year's robut cadlloc is out? You don't do that? No, well I didn't know, you know, thanks be ignorant.
Speaker 8: That's the name of the show.
Speaker 1: I long, I long have been the service a little over a year. Yeah that's fine.
Speaker 8: How do you like it?
Speaker 1: I suppose you real?
Speaker 8: Well, you're good? Good?
Speaker 1: What did you doing?
Speaker 8: The what did you do?
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna get them fixed next week. What what did you do in the mines before you went into the service. I worked in an office in the general office for a call. Oh you've done general office work, book keeping, stenography and stuff like that. Did you ever take any dictation?
Speaker 8: No, you never took any.
Speaker 1: Then you're not married.
Speaker 7: No, she's a nice little way though.
Speaker 4: I just here admiring. Oh you.
Speaker 1: Know, I went over to Jersey to see a little wave last week.
Speaker 3: She just finished her basic training is town?
Speaker 4: Yeah, next week we go on maneuvers.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I'm so now you've got interrupted in your maneuvers.
Speaker 4: I was spied around and she gave me a work.
Speaker 1: Mister Yellen, remind me to put razor blades in your cornflakes were legim of a gang. Oh how do you like though, you are, Miss King? I like it real well. Ce Liberty Town what a swell Liberty Town? A swell Liberty Town? What just what do you mean by Liberty Town? Well, they give the service people a lot of opportunities to go to all the shows and everything. Oh, they give to say, Oh, well, love's fine. I'm glad to hear that. Yes, New York has a great reputation for training the service people very nice as. I suppose you've seen a lot of shows, that's right.
Speaker 8: Uh huh what show did you see? Oh?
Speaker 1: Practice, all of them?
Speaker 8: All of them?
Speaker 1: Which one did you like?
Speaker 2: This? I like them all?
Speaker 4: Oh you do?
Speaker 1: Well, that's fine. You're coming. Are not sticking your chin out?
Speaker 4: What are you doing after the show tonight?
Speaker 7: Never mind?
Speaker 1: You said, yell him at too much liberty? That's right, enough attention to me, I said before. We're going to throw him a fish any minute.
Speaker 5: I think the ladies very charming body, pretty body attacked your fascinating well, I know that very nice piece of brick of.
Speaker 1: Bread, mister McNaught. When did you first come to know that you like girls?
Speaker 6: But I found out they win boys.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to go less the ball with the sailor tomorrow and eye you're going to a fancy dress ball. Yeah, yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've all up said, I don't know what.
Speaker 8: To go as, don't know what to go at.
Speaker 1: Why don't you take a trunk with you and go as an elephant? Shut up your showder shower as long as out there?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 6: What that long island chowder? Oh?
Speaker 1: I see I'm doing a favor. While you're here, miss King, I'm reaching as a dungecat to Johnny Holds and pick out a question for us, if you don't mind, and when you get one, would you be good enough to read it?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: How many wheels has a bicycle?
Speaker 8: Very nice?
Speaker 1: How many wheels as a bicycles? Hard?
Speaker 6: Would that be a man's bicycle or a woman's bicycle?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Mis mc good, don't worry about it. It doesn't make any difference.
Speaker 7: Don't if I don't make any difference.
Speaker 3: Why do they make men's bicycles and a women's bicycles? Why don't they make them all alike?
Speaker 4: I discriminate?
Speaker 1: Answer me that if you can, my fine feathered friends, Mister Challon, you're a pool friary.
Speaker 4: Won't get you no question. I don't invade the question.
Speaker 1: Don't try to get out of answering it either. I not even try to answer your question, mister.
Speaker 6: How that isn't fair. We try to answer your question quite naturally. We expect the same cooperation from you. Suppose he made no effort to answer your questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where would you be? And you wouldn't get an answer then at all?
Speaker 6: I never get an answer now I wouldn't say that's the house.
Speaker 8: What's that?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you say it?
Speaker 8: Because you just said it?
Speaker 6: I know coffee cap?
Speaker 1: All right? Do you mean you don't know how many wheels a bicycle has?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: The answer is in the word itself?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But what boy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But what work? I think I know the word? If he not knows the work, we do, don't tell hi us to nigne that?
Speaker 9: Fine?
Speaker 1: As they got.
Speaker 8: What is the word?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 6: The word wheels?
Speaker 1: Wheel? How do you figure that out?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you figure that out?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: You stop repeating every page.
Speaker 5: Well, you see, if a bicycle only had one wheel, mister Howard would have used the singular. He would have said how many wheels has a bicycle?
Speaker 6: He was much to be said how many wheels? As a bicycle? We must accept the fact that the bicycle has more than one wheel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how do we know he's telling the truth?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: How do we know we tell the truth?
Speaker 6: Well we'll presume that he is. You see.
Speaker 5: So with that hue to work on, all we have to do now is figure out the exact number of wheels the bicycle has.
Speaker 6: Perfectly simple.
Speaker 1: This is mcnon that's marvelous.
Speaker 4: What's marvelous about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What's marbless man?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's marvelous, but something don't.
Speaker 1: Think it's marbles, females word long?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is that the bicycle has more than one wheel?
Speaker 1: But how many wheels?
Speaker 4: More than one wheel?
Speaker 3: That's gonna be figured out.
Speaker 1: That's the toughest job ahead of us. Yeah, no, but wheels is not the words that give you the clue that. What's the idea of trying to the deceivers like that?
Speaker 6: Haven't got enough trouble.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure these problems out without you giving us fourth cues? Yeah, I hate anything fall. Well, why don't you take a taste back the way you got a.
Speaker 8: Look? Don't no of you know what the.
Speaker 1: Prefix the I mean?
Speaker 6: How would you repeat that by you say?
Speaker 1: I say, don't none of you know what the prefix the I mean?
Speaker 4: Now he's talking about vitamins.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about vitamins, I said the I meaning too.
Speaker 5: Oh, there are two bicycles, though, why don't you say something fall?
Speaker 1: Oh he's a sneaky little guy, that guy and I just can't be truck plaze. There's only one bicycle Look, cycle means wheel, b I means too. How many wheels as a bicycle?
Speaker 6: Wow, that's the question. Go until next week.
Speaker 5: In the meantime, the next bicycle I see, I'll make it my business account, the wheels, and I'll let you know.
Speaker 4: I'll phone you.
Speaker 7: Yes, that is an idea of it's nick not so you know.
Speaker 1: I have a bicycle, but when I went riding, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Notice whether it had wheels, runner or not.
Speaker 1: Oh really, do you write a bicycle?
Speaker 5: Tell me how do you keep your trousers from getting caught in the stroucket?
Speaker 4: I have tramps in my pants?
Speaker 7: Wu well, I.
Speaker 1: Flos razious at the end of a rope, which is where the express belong. We like, have you all listen again next week? Now here's that how calling bartone to tell you what we mean when we say it.
Speaker 5: The record.
Speaker 2: That's all to be with us again next week. And here it's proven again by Tom Howard, Lida McConnell, George Sheldon, and Harry McNaughton that it pays to be Ignorant Ken Roberts speaking. This is the Armed Forces Radio Service