Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Lines Podcast, recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe, the comics, TV, in movies. We'll go from er six one six to the Mojo verse of the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Unis right to you. I'm the Man without Fear, Chris. Now I'm Travis Alliance seven, Volume two hundred and ninety nine. So close, so close to three hundred. We're almost there, and David decides, you know what, I don't want to join this one. I'm only going to show up for three hundred. So he jets out of town, you know, doesn't leave a postcard, doesn't doesn't give me a hug or kiss goodbye. No, he just leaves me high and drive. But at least he finds a co host to join us, the one, the only, mister Travis. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well, Chris. Thanks for having me, and it's nice to be on two ninety nine. Congratulations already. I guess for three hundred. Yeah, even though it'll be a week, right, next week it'll come out, But.
Speaker 1: Next week it'll come out. Yeah, we last night. Time of Recording comes out on Friday, but Time recording. Yes, we have already recorded episode three hundred because of scheduling for our guests. It is a long episode, but it is a very fun episode, so we hope you all enjoyed at that point. For when it releases next week, it will drop on audio feeds as usual on Friday, and it will premiere at our normal time on YouTube at nine ten, so we will we will not be there, but it'll be premiering at the time, so that you loyal viewers of the show at that point rest assured. It will drops as usual.
Speaker 2: So just don't spend too much time in the comment section.
Speaker 1: I'll spend all the time in the commic. I'll watch it later. But yeah, having a good week, sir.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's nice that today was my Friday.
Speaker 1: So today was my Friday. Today was my Friday too, so.
Speaker 2: It helps with this podcast because as you know, at the time, it's a little difference. It's a little bit, but so yeah, it's nice to not have to really worry about doing work tomorrow. So yeah, I'm really excited to actually talkpit content too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We we start four day weeks here so with summer and moving on, so it's four day, ten hour weeks, ten hour day weeks, so I get Fridays off, so it'll be nice having three day week and probably doing a little work at home. Kids are at camp, you know, so it'll be quieter housing and get a little bit of work done, a little bit of what I think I got some got my comics ready to read for the weekly stack, so hopefully I can not work my day away and enjoy a little bit of the day off.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and you got a movie coming up in a month and a half. We got one coming up in three and a half weeks, so well three weeks, yeah, three and a half weeks.
Speaker 1: So we got and we got, we got X Men ninety seven July first.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you might see me back here Marvel Alliance listeners, just a fyi as if you listen to the first season. I was there a few times. Although the first episode comes on Canadaday Line weekend is on Canaday actually July first, so I can promise you I won't be around for the premiere unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, we may have to heavy step in for vacations that are sometimes planned within there too, so stay tuned. Yeah, but yeah, so let us get the lovely network plugs out of the way. So we are part of the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full schedule, check out the show notes below and subscribe to the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at guapod Networks. And you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon. We want to throw a couple of shekels our way. We've got two tiers, our dollar tiers, our tip jar to say hey, you think we're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollars here with ad for episodes, early access episodes and Patreon exclusive shows. A few shows in the back headlog for Marvel a Lines, we can watch this all day, the Marvel Lines in Finny Desaga, Rewatch Tales from the House of X where we rewalk our favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men, and then the Backster broadcast. Last summer we did the Fantastic Four retro film reviews and as we announced the last week this month set recording June fifteenth, we'll drop at the end of the month, Cape Expectations, The Avengers, Earth Mighty as Heroes, Rewatch Slash first watch. As I said last week, I've only seen a few episodes of this show, not because I didn't like it, but life happens and things move on. So David has seen it a number of times. So each month we will give our thoughts on five episodes of Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Hero. So we are recording in two weeks and it'll drop at the end of the month for patrons, so Cape expectations, so now you can remember it for when you promote it.
Speaker 2: I tried to smack it in my head a few times because yeah, I've already done this multiple times, which is not know the name, but just promote that you're going with that show. We have five episodes. I know the detail to just yeah the name.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love I love, I love a good pun, I love a good play on words. You know, KPE expectations, So yeah, you're you're in for a good one. Yep. So I may start watching it with my kids this week or maybe do the next week. We'll see how it is. But I'm excited. So but uh, we want to thank our patrons. Obviously we cannot do this out your support. And you've got some content from the DC alliance guys doing their DC's films through the years. You've also got Joe during his Multiverse minutes Disney Dives in the first and fifteenth of every month, looking at in the chronological order the animated classics of Disney Animation. So check that all out. And if you're not a member of a patron but are interested, go to www dot Patreon dot com, backslash guait network too. You get that lovely content. And if you are unable to do that, we understand, but take thirty to ninety seconds and rate review US and Apple podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts, we greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, panel Bound Comics dot com for Omnibus hardcover collecti edition needs JP and the career at PBC. You've got it going on with excellent customer service and maculate packaging ships around the world earn points to get discounts and free books. At that point, here some of these new omnies. We've got Old Man Logan Omntous volume one, first time ever in print, the reissue of Gwenpool Omnibus, one of the largest Omnibuses ever put into print. I'm not kidding, it is true. It's one of the biggest, one of my favorites coming out. Gilstwriter Danny Ketch Omnibus Volume three and then I can't believe it's actually happening. Indiana Jones The Further Adventures Books one and two, first time not an oversize, but in standard hardcover. We'll take it in that lovely, lovely kind of set cover.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna say the cover looks immaculated. It just looks perfect for Indiana Jones.
Speaker 1: Yes, this has been in the works for a couple of years. It has been delayed from but now they're ready to put it out there. So it's going to be coming end of September, so you know what. I've already pre ordered at that point. But if you would like to pre order and get a discount on these books and any other books at PBC, use that code Marvel Gua at checkout to get two dollars off every single order, or use the code m Gua sit We get five percent off when you order four or more books together. Let's you know you're a listener. Anyone want to thank you for being our official sponsor. All Right, so we last week we reviewed the first half Spider Noir, and so we are going to cover tonight the final four episodes and discuss doesn't stick the landing. But mister Hines, have you actually watched it all together? I think you were the first one to do that in the GUA first four episode. What do you think overall the first four?
Speaker 2: Overall, I really enjoyed this show so far, Chris. With the first four, I I will say, I want to say a little disappointment in the first episode kind of made me think I might get a bit more Spider Man swinging stuff. But I'm loving I had to realize, like obviously where this source material is coming from, and it's more detective than it is Spider Powers. So I've really digging this. And Nicholas Cage is absolutely perfect for this. He nails just the odd, weird he his personality fits perfectly, and the other characters in his universe I'm digging those as well. So yeah, with four episodes the end, I was loving it. I watched five straight. Luckily, the Secure network went down for the company I worked for and took seven hours for it to come back, so I got to watch five episodes in a row, and yeah, I couldn't stop watching it. So it had me hoped that I also can understand why you would release this type of show on a binge model, because it's not like you have a big event happening at the end of the second episode, at the end of the fourth episode. It's a linear story that you've just broken up in episode episodic pirates, but it's not like Daredevil, for example, where there's like a big event that happens in the second episode and in the fifth episode. So like, I can understand why the would drop this kind of similar to like what they do with like Kate Crusaders, I can understand why he would drop this the full thing at once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is now two shows and this year alone that David and I have had to break it up in order not to watch it all at once, just because it was not stopping. It's it's I'm not a fan of this, regardless of whether I'm a content creator or not. I hope this is the last one for the year that we have to do this, because it just I don't I don't like creating. I don't like how this it doesn't keep it in conversation, I understand I get in a small way why they do it like this, just because it's an untested They want to see what they can get for it. And I'm not sure if it's land but for just an audience person it you kind of forget about it at that point. It's and it doesn't live on. But you know enough of that. At that point, let's get into these final four episodes and break this down. Does the big question is is we'll come to the end. Does it stick the landing overall? So we're getting in a spoiler territory. So if you've not seen the final four episodes of Spider Noir stop Watch, come on back at that point. Otherwise, spoiler wall is going over in three two one. So the episode five is called Betrayal. And so we actually flashed back to the Wars. This is World War One. You know, Ben is a pow and he's no well excuse me. He goes to a pow camp and they they are able to free all these all these POWs, but finds that a number of them are being experimented on. We see some of are some of the ones that are being experimented on hybriding a mantis, a snake, a lizard, a spider hybrid's that's where we saw the man spider, you know from the trailer at that point, and the man Spider bites Peter excuse me, bites Ben in the arm before they shoot him, and Ben gives the order to burn the entire place down and they're all escaping and we see the men assembling in for the photo. Well, Ben collapses as he is getting his spider powers, you know, he said he notes takes some time to relearn how to be more human after the attack, and like he the spider genetics were kind of taking over. So one thing I want to ask your opinion on, because I brought this up last week, I really enjoy and I thought it was a good move for the showrunners of the show to how they have organically brought up origins and brought up discussion points instead of just going this is how it happened in the beginning and then going way through. I like how we're peace mailing it through, just like the mystery being unwoven in the and the story and finding out who's who's gonna get one over on.
Speaker 2: Silvermain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Silvermain, So what did you How have you thought about that?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 1: What have you thought about this kind of structure?
Speaker 2: It keeps you on your toes, Chris, so you don't get too use to things. I really like this backstory too. I'm so glad they didn't go with the Spider Total stuff, which is what I thought when I heard Nicholas Cage was announced. That was my first thoughts, like they're gonna go so heavy into this Spider Total, but no, they go to exact opposite and seeing him watching the movies to learn how to act human again, and you can even see in the way he talks and acts like he's just copying those people. I loved it, and I love the way they're going back and forth here because again it just keeps you like not sure what's going to come next. And I really appreciate it because I was waiting for this backstory for a couple of episodes, so to get it now and then, like you said, yeah, just jump back and forth so you're not just stuck in that basically a bottle episode. You're still moving to van Selon as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, bears lay in the chest to charge for sewing.
Speaker 2: Up late, good evening, Good evening bears.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, so moving towards you know, his discussion with Kat, he's talking about how, you know, we're learning to be more human the spider, the irachna genetics are inside of it. You know. It's kind of like I hear him kind of talking like this, it's a little swamp thing esque, and I say a little because swamp thing it's not Alec Holland. It's a plant that thinks he's Alec Holland. So it's almost like he's still Ben. But I kind of got a little bit, oh, you're trying to kind of tip of the hat to swamp thing there.
Speaker 2: We get more of a look at that too in a couple in the episode where he gets taken and gets experimented on, right, Like, yeah, I tak that a little bit more.
Speaker 1: It almost He even refers to what happened to him, like the army and experimented on him and they knew something was up with him as well.
Speaker 2: He does those weird spider hicks.
Speaker 1: At which was a cool thing to look at in the sense of like, what, you know, how he got his powers and that it's not as you know, not as clisto clear, you know, not as smooth as what we see Peter later on in his version of his power set. I mean, yeah, he goes through this tup and he has and become like battling a racknet feelings. But we'll see in brand new days some things may be going on in that sense as.
Speaker 2: Spiders go through life cycles. Chris voice, that's all.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so Cat's saying, well, Flint's powers came from the same place as Ben's, and he admits that the case as he wanted to learn from Flint as something that gave them the same powers could perhaps take them back. Kat asked if he really would want that, and he admits that all he thought about since Ruby died is just being Ben Riley. So we flashed to Robbie. He goes to Robert Walters at the Bugle. Robbie offers to let the Bugle publish his latest story in one condition they run the piece as is not like what they did last time in Root and totally change everything that he put out there.
Speaker 2: Also his reputation with people he's trying to get stories too, so and.
Speaker 1: He wants a protraction to apologize to Flint and Lonnie. So you know he's making all demands, but he has the fun story. He has the good story. They wanted to sell the papers. He has the high right, Yeah, yes, exactly. Flint's making his way down the alley as he walks into the building and finds Lonnie. Flint notes that Silvermain takes care of his own and offers the job working with Silvermain, and Lonnie just says, I don't want to work for another white man. But Flint says they need to take what they can while they can, and Flint suggests that they take they take life by the you know cohon is he has and and uh, while they still have a life to live. But I like that Lonnie points us out and it's of the time, and I mean when you could say it's even still. But it's very APROPOTHI that he said, I don't want to you know, I fought a war for you know, white people. I don't want to have to now work for another white person that doesn't care about me.
Speaker 2: And I was experimenting on by white people. And again, I really love his character and I'm so clad with his whole story in this first season. So it's one of the bright spots of the like actually bright side for people.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Bearsley, I didn't mean to spoil something that was out there, but you know, I can't tell if you're sarcasm or anything like that because you didn't put here sarcasm. But so across town we go back to silvermin Actually, no, before that, we go to Ben's office and Ben Janet Ronnie are reviewing the photos of the veterans and it was all part of the failed super Soldier program that the Germans were running. Ah super Soldier, who could what do they do? They don't mention Captain America, but they're doing a super Soldier broom. I like that little tip of the.
Speaker 2: Hat, and yeah, it does open up potential windows down the line, Like it doesn't have to be a cat in America. It could just be a Sony Super Soldier version in the second season. Like it's that get opens up more possibilities for potential next season.
Speaker 1: Yeh. And in corner Lani, they were seeking out this doctor to excuse me, Cornelani, this doctor Fabe was seeking them out at the hospital. So across town we get Silverman, who questions what Spider the Spider's angle is it was, and Kat suggests that he's just trying to get get by like everyone else, and that's when Flint and Lonnie go into the room. Kat congratulates Flint on his promotion as Silverman excuses her away to talk business because he can't have women around.
Speaker 2: And this is right after when he saw her with Ben, right like, yeah, okay, I just want to.
Speaker 1: Make sure because he's a little giving her a lot of the cold soldier.
Speaker 2: And it's just a lot of tension in this moment too. You don't know if the odds we're going to tell on each other.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So we go to Robbie's heading down to the VA asked about doctor Faber. As doctor Faber comes to see Robbie, Ben breaks into her office upstairs and Robbie questions the connection of how four of her patients have ended up having superpowers, and she notes that she's not at liberty to discuss other patients information with anyone other than the police, and she excuses herself as she notes that the men only stated I started displaying the powers after they entered her care, and he suggests that she is to blame. This triggers her reaction to everything and that she has done what's done is done for a reason. And he threws like he's going to publish a story. Upstairs, Ben pulls out several files as he hears doctor Faber approaching, and Ben puts on an act and sneaks away, having dropped the files out the window with his webbing. As he exists, doctor Faber's right hand man, Ogden recognizes Ben as the man who freed them in France. She sends Ben, sends him after Ben, but when he reaches them, Robbie and Ben are gone. So I did like that kind of cool thing, as the webbing going down and bringing down the files.
Speaker 2: And him snatching at it try to get it right quick. I did like that. I like the whole Ronnie running interference like that was just I don't know, it just worked, like a lot of stuff just works. I think it's because we've known the characters for five episodes.
Speaker 1: The yep Solni Inflant burst into the police precinct and tossed the officers away until they reached Leyden, the man with the electrical abilities as Silverman, enters the room and to make a deal to have him join his team. Once freed, Leyden takes pleasure in killing the detectives, who has been interrogating him with a deadly kiss that electric gets him, killing him instantly. So, you know, I originally thought this was going to be like Electro, but he calls himself a mega lot.
Speaker 2: I think he's made one appearance ever in comics because I looked him up after watching this and hear in his name, because I thought like, they're going to say Electro eventually, but no, Yeah, he's made one appearance and like a Nonny's comic.
Speaker 1: Nip, why not go for the deep polls? So what we do learn is that the prisoners were injected with irratated materials and had their genes altered. Ben tells Robbie that the guy who bit him was dying but somehow lived somehow. Ben asked Robbie to tell Kat about Flint if he's going to die, as he doesn't want her to hear about it from in the paper. He asks how deep he is of the cat and Ben calls and cuts the conversation short.
Speaker 2: Give him twenty four hours, doesn't he before he publishes Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So Ben goes to see Silvermin and finds Flint, Lonnie and Leaden. Silverman calls Ben to pass along a warning of the Spider, awarding that it's that it's best interest to play nice and stay out of the battle with the mayor. As Ben Lee's Flint comes to see him and tells him that he knows about Winston, and Flint says that he knows that he set Winston up for Cat. He didn't tell Silverman and he doesn't want Cat dead, but he makes it clear this was one's. This is Ben's free pass to get out of town and stop seeing Kat.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets one, Everyone gets one.
Speaker 1: Exactly. I thought the same thing too. So Ben heads to Cat's place and enters through the window. He tells her that Flint is back and Silvermain with Silvermain and tells her that he knows about Winston, and Kat admits that she's worried about him, and Ben says she should be and explains that Flint and the others have been seeing doctor Faber and her treatment only made things worse and Flint is likely going to die. She asks when, and he Ben explains that every time he uses powers he gets closer to death's death, and she asks him to She asks to be alone, and she sends him away, but Ben asks for what is left for them here. He suggests that they should leave New York head out to Sanchorini, where they could start their own club and he could bartend and you know, just get away. He doesn't know what this is, but he's willing to find out, like he has follow her. She is a pure fem fatale.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, And it's tough for men here. I feel for them at the outcome of putting his heart out there, but it's nice to see him actually do that after being so closed out for so long.
Speaker 1: So Ben takes Janet out to breakfast fallo in the morning and tells her he's going to leave town. He's gonna leave with Kat and Ben. She says, you know, Ben a midst that it's crazy, but they've known each other for so long and he already feels this way, but he wants to explore this, and Janet tells him that she's really happy for me. Like Janet cares from not in a way of like she loves them, but that she cares from as a as a dear friend. You know.
Speaker 2: Yes, she her character. I really enjoyed her characters progressing for this entire season because she wasn't just used for comedic bits. There were times she was used for that, but she had nowhere.
Speaker 1: But you always have a little bit of screwball stuff and oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The worry is just you viewed that character solely for that and that's not what's done here at all. She really stands out, especially towards the end of this season.
Speaker 1: YEP. So Kat begins to pack her bags, is there as the knock at the door and she grabs the gun in the front of the dresser and Lonnie is at the door come to talk about Flynn. Kat goes to the theater and finds Flint and offers help. She assures him that what she did she did for them. She didn't tell him because he would have told her no, not to do it, because he's more loyal to Silverman than to her. He says he would have killed Silverman for her if she just asked and gave him the chance. He suggests that maybe it's time he accepted that he's just muscle for a gangster. His anger leads him to smash the beam, nearly falling on Cap, but luckily Lonnie just quickly steps in and saves her and just tells Kat just to go yeah, and after Flint storms off, Kat asks if there's any hope to save them, as Lonnie says, there is only one thing that they could do to try, and she needed to Spide her as she thinks the mutation is more instable than theirs and he could be the answer to this. The only problem is she doesn't know who he is. The doctor Faber begins to pack things up, knowing that once the story is published, the authorities are gonna coming down for them. She's going to go to jail. She doesn't want to give that up, but Ogden assures her that she's done all she can and they're about to go. That's when Kat shows up and says, does he she doctor Faber truly want to save them? And can she say? Flint with the Spider and Lonnie and Kat asked if doctor Faber will promise not to harm the Spider if she reveals the identity, and she tells her it is Ben Riley, and that is how the episode closes. I think they did. Really, they've done I think pretty consistently with each episode a good kind of Cliffhanger esque you know moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this was good. It was nice to see here, well, not nice to see but you can see why she's made her choice there, which is she's kind with the sad man over the spider, and it sucks because, like we just mentioned a moment ago, he's finally opened up for somebody. He's gonna get the Ralph Wiggam treatment.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. But yeah, So we're gonna take our first ad break for the evening. So the listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the ge Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what to ads come on. They could be a bit loud to give it a three count before they come on. Three two one. We'll be right back and we are back, all right. So episode sakes Nightmare on a gurney, uh so, looking like some ideas of you know, some some thing's about to be happening, some experimentations. So as the episode open, Ben begins to gather his things to prepare to leave with Cap. That's when Ogden shows up and mentions that he recognized Ben, but Ben doesn't recognize him. This is a big revelation here. Ogden tells Ben that he saved his life. As he reaches into his pocket for a photo, he said he called him Freckles and he looks so young and Ogden and he says, how old are He says, I'm thirty six, And he says despite his appearance, the mutation that he has ages him quickly, and doctor Faber is the last chance for to survive and try to do a good thing. And Ogden says, if Robbie runs the story, that will be the end of Faber's work. Ben says, Nope, not going to do it. It's too late. I gotta go. And he wouldn't even stop Robbie. Robbi wouldn't stop even if he asked him to at this point. That would be totally unfair. So and that really disappoints Ogden, and so you know, you know it, it breaks his heart to say he wants to, he wants to, and he thinks Ben's being very selfish.
Speaker 2: Which Conde is a little bit although I can see Ben's reasoning of not knowing who these people are. Maybe a different sales pitch might have worked, but what they need to do, I don't think he would have signed up for anyway in this moment.
Speaker 1: So yep, and that's Ben why, you know out and ask Ben why he won't even try, and ask Ben if he wanted to be cured as he notes that he he knows that he really who he really is. He followed him into the ward when Ben was bitten. If he hadn't changed his name, he would have come earlier. Ben pulls out the Spider mass and tells him that he about his plans to leave town start over, and that's when Ogden and Jackson with a drug that knocks out. That was a cool thing, blinking you miss at the moment, saying if he hadn't changed his name, that is as close as an acknowledgment as we're gonna get that his real name is Peter.
Speaker 2: Parker and again, and I'll take it.
Speaker 1: I will take it. I said, good for if they stuck it as Ben Raley, I accepted to move on despite all my joking, high check name, I've Ben Riley. They didn't have to put that line in there. I liked that they did as a very simple acknowledgement. You know, if you know, you know, and if.
Speaker 2: You want then you can be like, this is the same spotder noire from the across the Spider verse, Zilms. You can say that to yourself and that's fine, hen Ken, if you want to think this is Ben Riley, You're more than welcome to as well.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly. So, So Ogden carries Ben into the lab and doctor Faber notes that he's not a murderer, but he's he's a hero. And as she has Ogden prepping for blood retrieval, kits with flash back to Ben when he was bitten and watch as he waken from his sleep. And so this is when heims to struggle with the uncontrollable ticks. And this is where we see the army wanted to experiment.
Speaker 2: On him, experiments the one time here.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so Favor says the army only wanted to weaponize the men and continue experimenting on them, but she wants to help, making her nothing like the others. But we learned that Faber lost her son once and wants a second chance for her favorite lost her son once and he wants a second chance for her son. And her son is Ogden. That was another revelation.
Speaker 2: I had that Well, I figured something was weird by the time, like she would listen to him, and the back and forth they had was not of the couple. So I was like, this is a little odd. So I don't know, I was skeptical of him. So, like, I knew it was gonna be some sort of reveal, but what we see later is really what makes this so cool.
Speaker 1: Yep. So the test shows that Ben's blood is normal, Favor is determined to find answers. Ben has come and tries to free himself as Ogden comes in and apologize for all this. He gives Ben a glass of water, which he quickly downs. Ogden questions his decision to leave town and tells him that there's still time for Ben to be a hero. Ben says he's never getting out of town getting iris alive, as Ogden assures him that his mom's is trying to save him, and I'm with Bet, He's like, he ain't leaving here alive. You know that's you know.
Speaker 2: She's given him no reason to think that she wouldn't go to extreme lengths to save hers on yep.
Speaker 1: And that's when Faber comes in and tells Ogden they're gonna have to harvest his genetic materials and his organs, and she believes that they can find a cure for the other mutations as she takes him for surgery after his mass turns into a spider on his face, which was kind of a cool effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 1: So after sedation, Ben uses the military doctor. Ben sees military doctors cutting him open. This is where it gets kind of like moves from film noir to the to the idea of kind of horror esque moments which I work for this. You know, he's under sedation, he's going like spiders are coming out of him, He's losing control of his mind. You know, I thought that was kind of a freaky moment.
Speaker 2: I watched it in color. Oh okay, yeah, I didn't have the option.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, I'm sorry you don't have the option. I gave it for I tried it for five minutes first episode.
Speaker 2: Said nope, no, I wish I could have watched it in my deadline when I do, like if I find it and I have the option, but I did not have the option to watch it. Yeah that might be at TV.
Speaker 1: Yep, and some Favor begins running more test hoping to find an answer, and they she seems to find something. She formulates a solution that she believes will Kira Ogden injects him with it and his body begins to shake. Camera rotate and we see Ogden back to his normal self, so Favor and Ogden embrace. She celebrates and says they need to clear out Favor s if they can't go until they give Ben the antidote. It is up to him to choose, but he deserves that choice. And Faber wants to run, knowing that the police will throw them behind bars, and she says his life was always the price for hers as she pulls out the gun with the intention of killing Ben. Ogden then takes it and says he'll do it and he needs to look Ben in the eye as soldier to soldier. Ben is able to use his webs and he gets the keys to free himself, but he's very weak, and so that's when Ogden comes in to Ben's surprise to see him young, and Ogden says he's going to try to save his life. All he wants for Ben to do is promise not to kill his mother and outside, Silverman arrives at the lab, Flint and Laden is there. Ogden and Ben begin heading for the elevator and Ben gets a spider scents and realizes that realizes that Robbie would have run then in the article and makes the location of the lab known, so they ask. They ask her to lead them to the rest of the patient's lab, and this is where it gets e more freaky, you know, as exit. Ben arrives in the lab and changes his clothes to h and sport the antidote. Meanwhile, Faber leads him, leads Silvermain through all this and sees all the ones who have succumbed to the mutations. There were countless others who.
Speaker 2: Are going, Oh, I love how it affects Lonnie and flint.
Speaker 1: Yep and Ogden tries this so and so she tells him that she can run, she can help Leyden and shocks her and sends her excuse me back up. She tells them that she can help them, as Leyden shocks her and send her to the ground. Ogden arrives and tries to save his mom, but they're no match for Leyden, who kills them both and ignites a fire. Big surprise, Megawatt did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just a complete loose cannon anyway, a wildcart and yeah, well you can see from this what why what happens in the final.
Speaker 1: Episode, Yeah, bears there just don't don't uh, yeah, don't watch it in color. It's just just don't watch it if.
Speaker 2: You can watch it. I watch it that way as someone who watched it in color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so and bears they are also like the touch of the the changing of the name. So yep, it was good. But yeah, so silver Main, Lonnie, Flint, and Laden make it out before the lab goes up in flames, and Ben also makes out alive, and we see Ben indeed got the antidote before leaving, and that is how the episode closes there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now he has an the ability to take away their powers and maybe even his. So a couple of things on the board.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, all right, So second to last time of a penalults of an episode, episode seven, nobody's here. Why don't you take it away? That's why I go grab another drink?
Speaker 2: You got it? So kat is watching uh is watching the time on her watch as she plays the piano and recalls her conversation with Ben and turning him over to favor. So she's really broken up about that. She hears Silvermain and the others at the club and she must know what happened. Obviously at the lab, Lonnie says they f hand a whole lot of dead soldiers, including a lot of their quod friends. I do like how Lani is extra nice to Kat. There were no answers for them though, and they only found specimens in the jar, so they burned the place to the ground. Essentially, That's not exactly what happened, but that's what they know right now. They don't know that there is an antecdote, so they set fire to Favor's lab. Laden Flint and Lani anenter de Mayor's office to steal his campaign funds. Got to say, is not the note's here, but why on earth would you keep all of your funds in your campaign office, especially like this is not episode one or two, this is episode seven now, so you should know there are super villains like in in the world now and they could potentially and Silvermain's running everything. Maybe hot it a bit better, That would be my thought there, that that just he deserves to have his money stolen a little bit. And the mayor I haven't had this chance to speak on him, such a fat cat, like, no, no, you deserve to go to you shouldn't stay on after this as well.
Speaker 1: He's there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just again, why do you keep your money in that area when you know like they are super villains and Silvermain is running the town like you think you'd hot it a little bit better than that, so kind of deserves to get his fun stolen. That's where we're at, Chris.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know. Continue.
Speaker 2: So the mayor returns to his office afterwards, and I don't know why he's shocked, but he shouldn't be. That is ransacked and all the campaign money has gone that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You go to to the police chief and these two people have button heads the entire season. Uh. I do love how the police chief is basically trying to wait tout. At some points he's letting silvermin to take control of the city, and the chief point that he has three superpowered men on his payroll, so there's not much that he can do. He doesn't think the mayor will be in position of power much longer, like I said so, and if he doesn't have the Spider, he doesn't have a chance. But the mayor made that big show of like look at me with the spider and yeah, not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So meanwhile Kat goes to Ben's office and Janet can sense something is wrong. Kat asks if she's seen Ben, and she reveals it he never showed up to meet her. It seems as it's been days since anyone has heard from Yeah, because we didn't really know how long he was being down there, as Janet recalls the last he heard from Saturday, and Janet calls the Beagle to leave a message for Robbie, knowing something is wrong, as Kat heads out to ask her to connect contact her if Janet hears anything. So we do see Ben. He's drowning his stars because he knows cappitrate him and he's just he's This was a cool I just thought how funny this was because it fits Nick get kids. Protet gets drunk, doesn't know what to do, his life, doesn't feel any meaning for it, and he just gets into a big bar bral with him. Of all these people know who he is at this point, you know he does. They know who Ben Riley is. But like he gets into this very kind of drunken barbral as a spider.
Speaker 2: Well, he wasn't gonna get in the bar bra first. But the loud mouse like men are there basically talking trash a bit of spider and you're right, I don't know if this works if there's another actor playing Ben Riley. I don't know if this comes off as well, but with Nick Cage it just works. It works perfectly, So yeah, I love this. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Robbie eventually arrives after the fight and pulls out the antidote. He tells Robbie that he's going to cure himself as Robbie takes it from him and tells him that if he felt, if he felt right after taking the antidote, he would have already taken it as a head out, and he brings out a point like, if he was gonna do it, he should have done it already.
Speaker 2: He was waiting for somebody to convince and yes, we'll convince him. Not too so.
Speaker 1: Ben tells Robbie about Kat's Betrow. Robbie's sympathetic, but asked about the rest of New York, Ben says the city hated him, but Robbie says he never hated him, and as he understood the price of being a hero. Ben says he never did this to be a hero, but that at the time it made him feel good. Robbie asked if he'll sleep better if he takes the antidote and doesn't and doesn't help Lonnie and Flint. He asks why Ben deserves the antidote more than Lonnie and Flint, and Robbie points out that how Ben couldn't save Ruby because he didn't know, but this time he has a chance and he just needs to make it, which was good. I like, I like how Robbie is in this like he is he is a good substitute for May Parker, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, And again I do like the conversation here because Robbie also says, like that de started, you know, I've never asked you to come back and put on the mask like he like talks me at a friend level. So yeah, I really enjoyed this conversation. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Robbie helps Ben back to the office and Ben tells Janet that about everything that's happened. In the process, he accidentally reveals that he's a spider, but the new is no surprise to Janet. We flash back to discovering she has seen him as a spider many times over the years, typically when he's drunk. Turns out she's been keeping the secret as she felt Ben would worry less if he didn't know that she knew, which was a cool and funny moment.
Speaker 2: And like I said, anth Moore to her character, now when she's been holding the dive for so long yep.
Speaker 1: So Kat finds Flint into her apartment and he admits that he's to being scared when he first met her, as she didn't think women like her existed before he met her. Beautiful, smart, talented, classy, determined women are all around, but he never thought he would meet someone like her, possessed all those qualities. He couldn't believe she picked him, and Kat remarks that he loved her. Remarks that he loved her at the work, at her worst, and pushed her to be better. She loves him and doesn't know why he can't get it through his head. He does believe her, but he does know that his life has no taste or feeling without her, and he tells her that they saw what came of the others and that there is no way out. He doesn't care if he dies. What hurts him is that he couldn't wait for the dirt for her. He couldn't wait for the dirt to hit his grave before she moved on with Ben and he assured She assures him, accuse me. He assures her that he won't tell Silvermin that she's the mole, but he'll eventually find out and there's no way for him to no way for him to protect her, which you know, it was kind of sad, but you know it's all true.
Speaker 2: They're basically starcross lovers for the most of this, And yeah, I he's so conflicted here because he's a really loyal guy, so he kind of wants to be a little silver main too. We see that for like, he takes him a while, so I do like this back and forth, but she's picked him, so she can't really tell him any more than that.
Speaker 1: Yep. So, back of Ben's office, Ben comes up with a plan to inject Lonnie flint and laden with the antidote before taking it himself. He begins putting the antidote in syringes as the report comes out over the radio about an attack in Harlem. Robbie goes to see Lonnie and questions why he's doing this. Robbie tries to make it clear that this isn't the route to go as the Spider swings in and knocks Lonnie down. The pair begins fighting, and the spider tries to inject Lonnie with the antidote, but it does not break the skin with the needle, and as Lonnie goes to crush him the Spider. During the fight, Robbie drabs the anidote into Lonnie's eye and works through the skin to transform him back to normal human appearance, and the police come in attack the Spider, but Lonnie jumps in and pulls him aside as Robbie drives off. Lonnie and Robbie then take the Spider back to Robbie's place to rest. Now he's been cured, Lonnie has plans to head out of town with his mother and thanks Robbie for everything he did to help him. He makes it clear that the city needs men like Robbie just as much as they may need men like the Spider. As they had out to begin a new life, and as the episode closes, the Mayor and Silverman are each made aware of the events that transpired in Harlem with Ben, Robbie, and Lonnie. The Spider has the antidote, and both parties make it clear they need to get in touch with Ben Riley. I like the ending of Lonnie. How they brought Lonnie's arc Tuo Colos. You know he was the very reluctant. He was just the one that was caught in the middle of this and just always saw it a better life and always felt like everyone was out there to use him, And now he has a chance to strike out at his own and get away from those who have been using him.
Speaker 2: He's basically been a good person for the most of this show, and to see him be rewarded, because there are several times he comes into talks to Robbie earlier on, so he had to see him be rewarded here and to actually get to go off. It's nice to see you, To be honest with you, who gave me? I was like, this going to be as tragic as I thought it was going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all right, so let us head into the final episode of maybe a season one, maybe a season finale, we don't know, but episode eight the Man in the Mask. So as the season finale opens, silver Main is reflecting on his rise to power and how he never got comfortable, advice he gives to Kat as he encourages her never to be satisfied, never to accept what you've been given. He steps away to the bathroom as he heads through the phone and calls someone informing them she needs to see them, and.
Speaker 2: She goes to see Janet, which this is my favorite scene of Janet in the entire season because she gives them gives her a couple slaps from betraying Man, and you love that for her character. She basically just says, like, I can still help you guys, like I can get in and get the antep to them without being caught, which is definitely a smart plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, when Janet returns to the office, Hank from the police priests and calls her to inform her that everyone on the force has been given orders to find Ben. Janet heads out as Silverman's men follow after her. Janet heads to Robbie's apartment and we learn that Ben is doing better, but his powers haven't returned, and Jenet informs Ben that about the meeting with Kat and her plan to inject Flint in Laden with the antidote. Ben believes Kat is telling the truth as she only wants to help Flint, but before they can take any action, Flint and Laden arrive to Robbie's apartment to collect Ben for Silverman. Robbie tries to sneak the antidote into Ben's coat pocket before they take him away, but Laden rushes him at out the door and before Ben can grab his coke. So gotta Leyden always out there to s career everyone over.
Speaker 2: I do like the smart, quick thinking of Robbie there to even.
Speaker 1: Try that that the Alcove. Silverman asks Ben to call his spider, call his spider friend, as he can't have him out there neutralizing his men with the antidote, and Ben says it's hard to speak with the Spider on the phone, but as he's unable to communicate well over the phone through his mask, Ben strikes a deal with Silvermain for cash and calls the Spider to tell him. Silvermain said that there are no hard feelings about the other day. He just wants to have a little chat. I like it al Silvermain's trying to tell him this, and it's as awkward and funny at the same time.
Speaker 2: It works, Like I said, if the back and forth, it all works because of Nicholas cage yep.
Speaker 1: Robbie is able to pull the bluff by pretending to be you know, by pretending to be this on the other line. So after the call and Ben and Kat chat after as a poor new drinks, she makes it clear that she could have told Silvermain he was the Spider, as he points out that he could have pointed out that she was the rat. In other words, they'll keep each other secret out of mutual assured destruction. And I think she's in worse trouble than he is.
Speaker 2: Oh Hunter samps, you can tell he has suspicions of her before Colony and Ben Yep.
Speaker 1: Leyden continues to piece together when he recognizes Ben as Silverman tries to dismiss the idea. That's when Leyden realizes that he recognized Ben as the men who saved him in Flint from the pow camp. Thiman quickly pieces together that Ben is a Spider, but Ben claims he saved the Spider's life in France. Thiverman takes Kat's concealed gun and says there's only one There's one innocent bind standing in this room that the Spider would not allow to die. He then says the only way he could be certain that Ben is Spider is by killing Cat. If he kills her, Ben is just a PI, but if he's a Spider, he'll stop it before he pulls the trigger. Kats Ben will never save her because she broke his heart, because she's in love with Flint and didn't care who she heard along the way. She's tired of hiding and offers up the rest of the truth. She admits to being the rat, as she only wanted to save Flint and she wanted to desperately kill Silvermin. Bam, all this different stuff going on at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just drops it. She's not trying to save herself anymore. She just is like done being under Silveraine's thumb, branded for another for another minute. Yep. So what happens next straps Silvermain prepares a shoot cat Robbie. Robbie enters the room as the Spider, which again this made me laugh so much. Silvermain basically tries to get the Spider to work for him, and Ben asks the Spider to hand over the antidote Robbie as the Spider comes in a little too hot, like not really playing the subtle at all, and Ben basically is trying to tell him like, yeah, you got to keep keep talking here. My powers are back yet, but it's just not connecting unfortunately. And Silvermain men come in with Janet, who they found lurking outside and they got the antidote from her, So it's not looking good for our team here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Laden takes the antidote jabs in a Spider's neck to see if anything works, as Silverman then orders him to hand the nidote over Layden questions by Silverman is so set on getting his hand on the syringes now that the Spider is no longer a threat, noting that it's because Silverman clearly wants control over them. Lonnie threatens to smash the last two vials as Silverman orders Flint to take Laden down. Leyden and Flint begin to face off as the spider rises the pair. The pair pop propped the spider up on the table and unmask him, which is then which is when they find Robbie underneath mask realized that something was off. At that time, Ben's powers are finally returned. He is able to get the antidote and momentarily sideline Flint and Laden, but only temporarily so Robbie comes as Ben swims back as into spider costume, while Kat follows after Silverman, gun in hand. The battle spills out in the streets. Kat continues to fallow Silvermin and in the battle Leyden and Flint. One of the two remaining vitals breaks, leaving just one antidote left. Ben must muster up the courage to pull two cars together and smash Flint, who crumbles into a clump a pile of sand, which was a cool effect.
Speaker 2: I like that it was one of the better effects that we've seen this season. We'll get a little bit more of one towards the end here when the electricity and sand.
Speaker 1: Meat yep Kat follows Silverman into a mirror maze as she begins to open fire after finding waltering shots. She eventually comes to face face with him, has the opportunity to kill him, and it's at the opportunity she happily takes, ending Silverman's life in securing her freedom in the process.
Speaker 2: I love how he says, like, I'm to be honest, I'm glad it was you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Out in the street, the Spider is trying to reason with Layton, who is growing stronger. While he's focused on Leyden, Flint reforms into his solid solid form and attacks the Spider from behind, smashing his face into the car, ripping parts of his mask and Leyden then continues to shock the Spider and make it clear that he's waiting for the moment to get his time so he can prepare to kill the spider. Just when all hope is lost, Cat walks out on the street and shouts for Leyden to stop. She raises her gun and pulls the trigger, but the gun is out of bullets, and Laden hits her with a jolt electricity. Flint turns his attention to Laden and begins to fight him too, but he's no match for Leyden. Under Layden's attacks, Flint begins to crumble as his sand like form appears to go to glass and shatter. It looks as though Layton is going to kill Flint, but the spider is able to pull Laden off of him and throw him into the distance at end of the train as hits him and sending him and getting him killed in the process, which I think was a cool effect of how megawat was turning the sand into glass, which is basically like you know, lightning strikes on the beach, that's how you get kind of glass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like that too. I also love I also love how abrupt this was that he got thrown into the train like it was really I.
Speaker 1: Do we wind it at that point?
Speaker 2: You know that blink and you miss a type of thing? Yeah, dang okay, So.
Speaker 1: As Cat hold Flint's in her arms, Spider gives her the final antidote to give it and give give tim as a. Spider then heads out, So we jump ahead to the funeral Silvermin with Flint and Cat as the only attendees. Ben emerges and Flint thanks him for his help. Kat tells him she loves Flint, but in a different world he could have run away with each other. No need to say that, No needs to say that, typical, but Ben clues back then it's the one thing to you to use a guy, and another thing to keep him on the hook. After setting sail for the shore, and she tells him to go to hell and she and Flint leave. So good good job for Ben, saying.
Speaker 2: That I like stood up for himself a little bit there. Yep.
Speaker 1: We cut to the mayor celebrating his re election as Ben and Robbie enjoy a drink from the outside of Ben's office. Robbie mentions that he's going to run his own paper, The Harlem. Harold and Janet is getting a new office as Ben's official partner. As for Ben, well, even though he won't admit it, he's gotten a new lease on life, though he'll settle for a hot dog. Ben, Robbie Janet head out to grab a bite to eat, with our final shot being Ben walking out the door and using his web to grab the hat across the room. He then closes the door as the camera pans out to reveal the newly updated sign. Riley and Ruez private Investigators as the episode cuts to black.
Speaker 2: And I don't think we heard her hear her last name the entire season, So that's pretty cool to see that drop me in red at the very end. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, overall, I was pleasantly surprised about this series. You know, I the idea of it. Boo has not called Spider Man no r okay, and then I was like, I'm not in fails to the character. I'm just saying it's so being Sony. But then he casts Nicholas Cage in this. He does what he does best. He finds a kooky way his character that he got to voice, brings it to life on screen and he embodies this Ben Riley AKA more than like a Peter Parker. But I think this show was a nice, pleasant surprise. And I will say this interestingly enough, the two shows we've gotten from the three shows we've gotten from Marvel. This one and wonder Man have been the most pleasant surprises of ones that we did not necessarily see coming.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite show so far we've gotten this year for superheroes. So loving loved this thing, Chris. I was very pleasantly surprised myself. And the best thing for this is they can make more work. This does not seem to be a super expensive VFX thing. They do a lot of like investigating in that and yeah, I do think that this could definitely work because it's not person think cages, do any of the thoughts because or any to fighting anything like that because its a mask. So yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was good. So well, Will I recommend this to people to watch? Yes, I is a must watch. No, but in a world full of oh superhero fatigue, this is a breath of fresh air, just like I thought wonder Man, with a breath of fresh air, to do something unique, to take a character, to take a actor, and what I would highly encourage you all to listen to if you get a chance. The podcast The Daily from the New York Times. They have a segment they do occarently on the weekends called the interview look up the one by Nicholas Cage, and he does go into what appeal to him about doing TV and what he does as leading towards his character. So it's it's a it's a good listen, but yeah, this is very much sticks to landing. Highly recommend it as a fun show as as a good palate cleanser for something a little different. If you're a fan of film noir, watch this. If you're fan of Spider Man, watch this. You get a great combination of the two, and maybe pick up a Spider Man no Our comic book. There's definitely a few of them out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that comes from the several Spider Now Our comic books that we have that you can call back to hear. And I want to give Lord and Miller some credit to because like this, the Marvel Sony Marvel's crap universe was terrible for the most part, Like Venom was one was okay for me anyway, just to see what everything they've touched spoder Man wise work, so like, I don't know why you wouldn't have them do everything. Yeah, and yeah, you got to open with across with the Spider Verse. You have a potent, like unlimited potential for spoder Man stories. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but all right, well, uh we bring it to a close and we will see But again, I hope this is the last series we get that is a full episode dropped for the year. You know, this is this has been This has been a lot for David and me and you Travis for joining in at this point. But uh, but yeah, so great give it a watch at that point. So we're going to take our next ad break for the evening. Uh as you know, listeners, again, these ads help keep the lights on the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't can choose what ads come on. They could be a bit loud to think about three acount before they come on three two one. We'll be right back and we are back, all right. So originally I didn't think we were going to be talking about anything but this, but we had this Sony State of Play come out, and we knew we were going to get some more information about the PS five Wolverine game. Well we got that and then some we got a gameplay trailer. So Travis and I are going to kind of watch this together. We both have seen it probably a number of times and kind of go through what Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm excited to see this again.
Speaker 1: It's been a little while and this is done by Insomniac, who did the Spider Man games and everything like that. So I'm gonna pull up some something, Travis, do you want to kind of describe certain things as I pull some information up about the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're basically opening with Wolverine here, and yet, like I said, ever seeing the gameplay, I did see some people complain because this isn't like X Men Wolverine, but he's wearing the costume. But he does wear that costume and when he was with Alfa Flight at times, so just fake a rage. Of course, I'm really digging the mechanics here we see him. It's stealth and is very vicious. The attacks which you would hope to and expect for Wolfvinge is complete contract from Spider Man's fighting mechanics. And yeah, just I could not be more excited for this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I love I love the look of the costume. They did such a good job capturing.
Speaker 2: The stealth here. The stealth kills and stuff is just it's and again it is right because of his claws and I'm so digging this. I can't wait to see uh, like this game in action. Like I'm assuming it's gonna be power ups for his clause and all that kind of stuff as well.
Speaker 1: Possibly they haven't necessarily gone I would I don't know, maybe his fighting abilities maybe, I don't, you know, that would kind of be a little kind.
Speaker 2: Of gadgets, right, he doesn't use gadgets.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't use gadgets. I mean, yes, when he was reborn he had fire claus, but I don't think they're going to do that for this. I think it's just going to be straight like fighting ability and like combo moves and things like that. But these are the Reavers comic precedent for this.
Speaker 2: So you know he's covered in blood here covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So as as you're kind of watching it, a few things, well, I'll wait to kind of go into this after. But I mean, it just looks so good and this is definitely one that they spent the time. I mean, it's has has did quality with this, and we've seen kind of the Sony leaks with this, but man, it's just everything about this gets me so excited. And I've I've i've you know, I own a p S five, i own an Xbox on a switch, but I've been more leaning on handheld gaming, Like I've got a Legion go s that I have been most of my gaming now these days has done a handheld because I like my kids are hanging out watching and playing and playing just can be watching TV and things like that allows me just to hang out with them and play instead of going in a separate area. Oh yeah, this was a cool moment. We get the we get this purple thing of it, and it's we got Geen gray and he calls her red, so they do have some sort of you know history already. But yeah, I'm not sure, you know, the purple or pink kind of thing. I'm so used to Gene having kind of the blue kind of oro with her you know, power set. It's okay, it's not a it's not a you know, not deal break, not a deal breaker. But I was kind of like, oh, okay, that's that's a choice choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll think the same thing here. And yet did the shared gameplay mechanics here where you use her to fight is fantastic.
Speaker 1: And I like, as he's you know, fighting, you see the kind of bar going up like his kind of berserker rage building. But later on I'll try to point this out when you know, because they do point out like can Wolverine die, Yes, well he can die if his healing factor gets overloaded and or his heart dies. So yeah, we go in a little bit of berdzerker rage, but that rage can turn into if he's near death door it could heal him be used to kind of bring him back to life and heal him.
Speaker 2: You can also see here when he's injured and you watch him with an animation like this kill. His health buyer is constantly reviving because of the healing factor.
Speaker 1: And his suit is getting kind of a little bit decimated. And you'll see even later in a cinematic sequences like his skull as you know, is adamantium. You know, bones are getting revealed at points.
Speaker 2: Oh man, even the commost to Eleanor and again Assignac has built up so much goodwill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they do bring up I think at one point that somehow during healing his costume heels and I was like, okay, we go nippicky on that one. Only in comics, but that maybe we'll be cleaned up in some finishing touches.
Speaker 2: But it's like the blood disappearing, I just disappear after he's covered blood. It doesn't explain why.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I know, yeah, yeah, what happened all the blood?
Speaker 2: And this is this is awesome too. I love this. I hope that this is more yourself driving too instead of oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's it definitely looks like when you get the bar up on there, but how much it didn't look like a quick drive. But man, love this even though the cinematics look great, but man, when you get to okay, so yeah, this is where I think when we get to the kind of the mini boss that comes up ear least.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, we see him get quite a bit of damage at that point. Yeah, and yeah they love he's just traversing between car. It's great. It's this looks like another winner here.
Speaker 1: Christ They did say this is that it is not an open world. It is straight you know, linear at that point, because that's not what they wanted to do with the character. And that's fine. I don't think Wolverine it's not like Spider Man where you have to transverse the city at that point. Wolverine is kind of like, you know, point Okay, So here's our kind of heavy and this is where we kind of see damage going to the extreme of how much he can take take to an extent.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and to say back to your earlier Wolverine's powers don't lend it to traverse in the city.
Speaker 1: So yeah. So there he's healing up. Yep, and in his suit somehow heels. I think they need to clean that up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can see here he uses what was his Berserker rage to heel too, so I assume you can use it for that, just like Spider Man. Yeah. Yeah, it's great here, Oh my god, taking so much damage. Let's file this, everyone says it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta put it in there. But the cinemacts are great, absolutely great.
Speaker 2: Looks like a movie. And I'm hoping I'm wondering if there's anything like when we see anything about what's happened with Spider Man in this maybe you may see something on TV or like. That would be my first thought. What I when Because it's made by the same people and hopefully in the same universe. Great, great, just great fights here, So this will be a Day one purchase for me for sure.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, the Rivers are, definitely, but they costant. Won't heal there? You know that's interesting. Yeah, we get Leech, he's rescuing some immune psych October for this Nope, September. September okay, and every single game is coming out in September. Everyone is standing out of the way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we can get a couple of months in before GT.
Speaker 1: We get we get some more kind of looks at him, different versions. We get Omega Red, we get Mystique, Jean Gray, Sentinels, Deadpool, Sabertooth.
Speaker 2: I didn't who was that.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that was Sabertooth.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah he has different castion on Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: A little bit like well, a little bit like Logan. So yeah, so September fifteenth period are now so a couple of things with this. So the X Men do not exist in this universe at this point. Mutants live in hiding in most of the world don't know they exist. Logan is part of Team X, a group who saved mutants around the world. He has just left Team X so he has struck out on his own. There are different ways, like if you're you're not then the goal or there will be accessibility options. You could turn off the gore and guts. At that point, the stique Sabertooth, Jean Gray, Omega Red are in the game with more mutant characters under wraps. I believe Sabertooth is kind of an ally in this in some way, shape or form. But that's interesting that the X Men do not exist, with the idea possibly that maybe an X Men game is coming in later. They have said Spider Man is not in the game. No, they have not even acknowledged that. You know, again, I could see them doing a little hint of something, but I don't. This is one of those things. I get. It's cool that if they are in the same universe, but I don't need it to be in the same nose.
Speaker 2: The only thing I would think would be cool, like I don't need to see spar manshop or anything like if Logan is when he's wearing that caboy hat, if he's sitting at a bar first having a drink and then you see like crazy like just talking maybe what happened with Venom on the TV screen or something like the big TV. That is fine for me. That would be a cool little east rag. It doesn't do anything for anything. It's just like, oh, that's kind of cool thing. It doesn't affect a plot or anything, but it would be a neat little east RG that's all. Like, that would be the maximum I think you would need, Like you could do anyway and you don't need that or to make anything with the game. But yeah, this, I'm just so excited for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bears Layer's definitely getting a regular edition in physical media. Doesn't get the deluxe version upgraded to digital. Yep, you said you can, you know, non bloody version, that's not what he does best. And bears Layer is saying, you have the opportun to change clause part of the deluxe. So yeah. So there's been a lot of consternation about there's no collector edition, like they're saying, man, they're leaving money on the table with a cool statue or something like that. Here's the thing about that. I cannot tell you how many times, particularly with that the last Spider Man two, I have seen that collector's edition go on discount because they have so they produce so many of them, and it did not sell as much as they thought it was. So yes, the hardcore collective would love it, but I think they learned a lesson for that, and that's why there's not a big collector's addition for and there. The physical thing is just a The physical addition is just it is just the regular addition. You can go deluxe digital only, but if you get the standard, if you want to get the deluxe is just ten dollars and it's all cosmetics. It's costumes in different versions of the clause, but no power ups or anything like that with it necessarily, like major ones like the costume and the claws are all cosmetic as bears. Larry Yes McParland has a statue that you can get for it. I think it's like thirty five dollars. It's nice. I've debated it back and forth. It's affordable. It's like thirty five dollars US, so that's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I've always toyed around with ever maybe one day getting a hot toys, not going down the rabbit hole, but trying to figure out what hot toys. But I always worry that I think this is the hotel, isn't going to get and then go down the rabbit hole. But man, hundreds and hundreds of dollars, Yeah, I I but that and tell you what. The one that's always tempted me every once in a while is that the Hugh Jackman Deluxe edition of it.
Speaker 2: So, oh your bears, You're not going to get any preferential treatment in Canada. Oh yeah, no, yeah for shipping, that's for certain. Uh yeah, I don't. I'm up to mine. Sometimes I really get turned off, like when we get like a regular edition, deluxe edition and in Collector's edition, I'm like, we're getting a bit too much, and especially most of the time it's just costumes or extra like a tracks, like it's not like so yeah, sometimes it's disappointing seeing that it's going to have a statute that's pretty cool. But I think I'm just going to click good standard version.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean that's that's what I'm going to get just to have it, and then pay the extra ten dollars just for the deluxe to have the different costumes. But I'll tell you what it you know, calling going to your side of the aisle of DC alligance. You know, I've been I've been loving Legacy of the Batman. One of the most upsetting things. And I'm not I'm a completionist. But what I don't Like, what's happened with that game is now you buying the lego sets in order to get the other figures, which if you don't get that, you cannot one hundred percent the game.
Speaker 2: That's terrible that you can't.
Speaker 1: There's no way to get it if you did not get like, if you don't have HBO, you don't get that costume. Therefore not one hundred percent of the game. Now what they did too kind of cool. The switch to version has finally been dated in September that is coming with its own exclusive figure, cool figure, cool minifig for for the costume. It is the Purple s NES version of Batman. Okay, so cool idea, But again another thing, if you do not get that deluxe dish, there is no way that you can one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent the game from any s the Purple one.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe it's the ans one, but yeah, so, but that's what I don't like when you do. I think it's cool if you get to unlock it, but don't make it part of like in order to one hundred percent, because that's just like each one of those I mean, our buddies got got it because he's huge Batman. No judgment or anything like that. But each one of those things cost around thirty dollars each. So now if there are three or four of them, do your math, that's you know, ninety dollars to one hundred and twenty dollars at that point for that on top of a seventy dollars seventy eighty dollars game for the Deluxe edition. You know, at that point it's like, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that shit.
Speaker 1: Like again, I'm fine with you doing it, but don't put it as preventing people from one hundred percent of the game. That's how you just tick people off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Riddler trophies were bad enough, but.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you get those two, but they're they're not fun. I'm loving that game with a passion. I'm slow. I'm just taking my time with it. I don't care if it takes me a couple of months to get through. I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Was nice to slope burn, just pick at it.
Speaker 1: I don't have time to do back and forth.
Speaker 2: Myself and Joe joke about is going to take us two months before we even review it on DC Alliance because we're not going to finish it. We don't have the time to sit there and play it through the whole thing, and it's just really enjoyable just to sit there an hour every couple of days. Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: It's great doing on a handheld, like I prefer playing it on handheld because it's so it's I just like to sit down and doing that. I'm going back and forth between that and First Light.
Speaker 2: I couldn't wait for the switch. I couldn't wait that long. I probably will get anything and switch.
Speaker 1: So but but I got it on digital for my Legion GOS so I've got it on that handheld. So it's nice. So you're winning, but yeah, I know yet But all right, well we're both day one getting this, so it's going to be a great time for the fall, you know, between getting that and then following up with the GT Man. I'm set for games for the rest of it for a while.
Speaker 2: But I wonder, like, because a lot of times with PlayStations, the games go on sale on Christmas, I wonder what I wait for GTA for that point, or do I They're not going to put that on sale.
Speaker 1: That's not going to go on because that comes out at the holidays. That's not going on sale for it. That will typically go on sale. That's gonna be about a year.
Speaker 2: I bought the Guardians game and then like a week later it went on sale basically like for like pennies on the dollar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we could say the same thing about Wolverine. Probably we'll get a discount around the holiday as a little bitsiness is September. I could see that getting like a ten dollars discount or being discount at that point. You could say the same thing about Legacy as the Batman, And I'm okay paying full price for something I want to enjoy now knowing that because again I'm getting enjoyment out of it. I'm an adult and I'm making decisions through how to spend my money at that point, could I wait, Yes, And I would suggest if you don't have the money now it's going to be there, wait for it. Do with your own budget. Don't go for Foma. I didn't buy for Foma. I just wanted because I wanted to play it then.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, And again the same thing with Wolverine. I'm going to buy it exactly when it comes out, but like I'm thinking, I'm depending on how much time I get to beat Wolverine. Like it might take a while. Maybe I'll wait and then just put GTA.
Speaker 1: Particularly that I gotta go downstairs and now play it at that point away from my family things like that. So I got to like kind of balance that out. Oh yeah, you definitely dodgeable at Bear's Layer with the Avengers game, that was one of the same biggest regret purchases ever. I enjoyed Travis, Travis and Brent for a number of weeks, but it just did.
Speaker 2: Not I did the exact same thing as him. I pre ordered it and then I cancel it after trying demo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but all right, so we're gonna take our final ad break for the evening. So the listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the Giggle tom Adliance Network. We don't get choose with ads. Come on and they could be a bit loud. Give you that three count before they come on. Three to one, We will be right back and we are back, all right, So let us get into feedback. We had one thing from JK Green over over on Threads. I believe I grabbed this or a Blue Sky I can't remember which one. I think it was Threads. Will there be a reference to Sony Spider Man in the Wolverine games. Hell, we kind of talked about that. Hm, I think there's a non zero chance that happens. I think there is a chance, but I can also see them not doing it. But if there is a reference, I want to see it's one of those like on a newspaper or a poster or something like. It's not it is just there. There is not going to be any named mentioned of it.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's gonna be anything in the story, but I think it'll be like a hidden Easter egg somewhere that either has like a spotty symbol or something to reference the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right, so let me pull up factor fictions. Actually, Trevs, can you do me a favor and pull factor fictions. I get a step wave just for a second past week, yeah, past week. Yeah, if you can go into Marvel lines real quick. Yeah, I've got to step away, be right back.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get the because this will be new to me too, listeners as I don't know the Okay, let's spell name got him here? Okay, so the first one Spider now Ira will lead to a different live action Spider Man variant character being greenlit. There are one hundred percent fiction and zero percent fact on that one. Number two, Brad Winderbaum will succeed Kevin Foggy when he retired from Marvel Studios. One hundred percent fact on that one, zero percent fiction, one hundred percent and zero for everyone. The third one on sought will be a major villain in the future season of X Men ninety seven. Hundred percent said yes, zero percent step of fact fiction. I would one hundred percent agree with that one as well, because you basically got a little tease of it in X Men ninety seven first season. So agree with all three of these. To be honest with you, I disagree with the fiction on the first one.
Speaker 1: What was the first one you read?
Speaker 2: Spider Man Noir will lead to a different live action Spider Man variant character being green Lip President.
Speaker 1: I'll be very curious to see what they end up doing with it. So all right, you being guessed as always what you got for factor fictions?
Speaker 2: Well, I can delete one because it's basically been asked. So I got a couple other ones here. There will be a second season of Spider Man no Iir?
Speaker 1: Okay, I say yes, there will be.
Speaker 2: There will be a live action Miles Morales, Sony spider Man.
Speaker 1: You got to say your factor fiction. Oh sorry, I said fact.
Speaker 2: That's in fact fact. There will be a live action Miles Morales Sony spoder Man film in the next five years.
Speaker 1: I say, won't be Sony, It'll be mcuh.
Speaker 2: And then spoder Man Brand New Day will make at least a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: So you're taking the idea that I because I put out there as our year or predictions for the year. I said, there's only going to be one billion dollar movie. So you if you were the betting man, you'd say'd be spider Man, not Avengers.
Speaker 2: No both, Oh yeah, you're old. They're getting to spotder Man is just I think a guarantee.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you think it's gonna be both?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't think Avengers Avengers name.
Speaker 1: Don't think Dune's gonna take it away? No Imax screens, no, no, don't.
Speaker 2: People are forgetting what people I think people are forgetting a little bit what kind of event. The Avengers film, especially with high star awards, underperformed and stuff, and even Superman to an extent didn't perform. Like Avengers are going to knock it and say thing with Spoder Man, I have no I.
Speaker 1: Want it to happen, but again I think that I think there's a world where Spider Man does does get the billion, and Avengers doesn't. I think there is a world where that happens.
Speaker 2: I think, I know, I'm pretty confident in both, but for sure happen in Spider Man. Spider Man is definitely taking there. And the other one I had that you already are basically used was Sony will make more Spoder Spoder projects based on characters from the Spider Versus animated films. But we basically said that the previous week.
Speaker 1: Gotcha all right, Well, I will post those Sunday afternoons that your voice to be heard. With that, as we said, we're pausing combook Club for two weeks. One obviously David's not here, and next week we go for the three hund of that episode that's already been pre recorded.
Speaker 2: You know we'll do that.
Speaker 1: But next the following week, we will officially conclude the Age of Alterne with Age of Altron ten point a. So we will conclude that and then may take a little break from compic Club as David and I figure out what the next one is of which comic book arc based on movie we're going to tackle next. So but as always, mister Hines, thank you for joining us this week and taking a look at the conclusion of Spider Noir and this. As David said, you've now two guest hosting if you've had content so and David put out there saying, looks like the curse has been broken. I say the next time you come on, he jinks too.
Speaker 2: Just remember I might I might have to say no a couple of times and then just insert myself when they yes, I'm making sure the curse is bro.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell I'll tell you right now if if when I go on vacation, that is definitely at the beginning of X Men ninety seven, so your your streak can continue on at that point.
Speaker 2: If he comes calling, Yeah, I lags not the Candiday Long weekend. I will be pretty open most of the summer. It is not.
Speaker 1: It would be the next week nice But all right, Well tell people they can follow you and plug your shows.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on Twitter at Travis Underscore one five. You can drop me a line. We can have it pretty much anything. I also host two shows on the Gua Podcast Network. DC Alliance where we cover anything and everything DC and also the Animation Nation where we covered Avengers, Earth's Money as Heroes last year, I think. And so patrons you want to hear my top thoughts on that, go back and check that out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeap, And you can follow me on Twitter at Chris Balga. You can follow David at the Phantom. You can email the show at Marvel Alliance at Marvel Alliance Podcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the Geeg Goltimate Alliance Network on Twitter at gwapod network. As always, want to thank our official sponsor, Pannelboundcomics dot com for your omnibus card coover collected. She needs you to code Marvel gwa at checkout to get two dollars off every single order or use that code m at gua sit for five percent off when you order four or more books together. And if you have any one to have questions, feedback anything like that, DM throw open across the board. Continue to rate, review the Marvel Ane Solo feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, wherever you get your podcast. Greatly appreciate. Thank you' all for thank you all for joining us live in the chat. Thank you all for listening and a stand that man would say, excelsior, true believers.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, all right?
Speaker 1: Postcards discussion tonight, Travis, What you got for me?
Speaker 2: Got a couple, But I'm thinking we'll go with where do Sony go from here? After Spoderman? No our? Okay?
Speaker 1: Where do you think? Where do you think they should go? Where would I and don't be Sony be actually smarter than Sony.
Speaker 2: I would hand the keys over to Lord Miller immediately and be like, navigate, give us a plan of what we should do with spoder Man property, and can you come up with a story connecting a few different properties together. That would be my first thing because everything they've done with the Spoderman, the two animated films and now this has been fair fantastic, and the whole Venom verse was just a terrible It just snowballed into awful B rated movies. So if they don't do it, I feel like they're going to lose this. I'd like that Sony has it because I don't think we get this. I think there's too many things Marvel it would have to MCU would want to do their take on before we'd even get to this. So the fact that Sony has this but they still have to deal with the MCU is the best of both worlds right now. I've had You can get these offshoot content, but not You just got to make good selections because nobody's coming out if you keep making these like Morbius and what's a Guy? Craven and Madam Webb, Oh my god, like somebody's have been so awful. It's just like, yeah, I don't know where they go now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think where where they go with their non Spider Man I think I think they're going to lean into, you know, their partnership with Marvel and kind of do these do kind of this with Spider Noir. I could see them, as we said, like picking another one or I know it's more money if they do live action, but like kind of an ethology Spider Verse series live action with kind of exploring different like maybe do arcs of like hey, you got a three episode ark A Spider Punk live action, you got three episode Spider Gwen things like that, and you kind of see where you know, the audience gravitates towards it, maybe continue on and kind of build towards that, But don't you do one episode do like three episode arcs delving into different Spider Verse characters, and it's kind of a cool kind of anthology series.
Speaker 2: I like that idea because it gives you the option then if any of these hit, you can make a full season about them, rather than just like rolling ice on Spodern No Wire because he looks cool and two animated films, you can test the ground and then like make something like that. And I do think of live action Miles Morales should be something they should be planning because you have the opportunity to use spoder Man and still have Spider Man in the MCU.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's why I say that it's going to be in the MCU first is because Kevin Figy was kind of asked about that and last time he did say that it's been basically, Miles's live action debut is being paused until the final Spider Verse movie releases, so they're going to be staying away from it until that happens. After that, I would I would say you're a couple of years away from bringing Miles into the live action verse.
Speaker 2: You could possibly bring him in to the second Spider Man film as a character and have spot Todd Holland be able to like hand the batime. Well that's third of the trilogy.
Speaker 1: But I think in the sense of, yeah, you could, you could hit the baton. But I think again, I think they're going to stay away from anything Miles costume not costumed until Spider Verse comes out. I think that's the gentleman's agreement right now that Figy was eluding, and.
Speaker 2: That could still work because I do think spoti Verse will come out before another spot man oh yil after this one, So I do think you could do that and plan it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, but all right, well, we will see you not live next week for our three hundredth episode. Again, thanking everyone for being a part of our journey into this and hope you enjoy the fun that we had recording this episode. It will come off a little bit like have you done this before? Not in this way, and the discussions have are quite funny and lively, so enjoyed, folks. Happy three hundred everyone, and we'll see we'll see you live in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: All right, take care, congrats on three hundred.
Speaker 1: Thank you,