Speaker 1: It's NFL Combine week, Baby, which means we need to get a pre NFL Combine four round Jets mock draft in the mix, and then we've got the combine this week, Baby, an exciting time. Boy Green Daily starts now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lose my gash darned bananas.
Speaker 1: Boy Green Daily starts now, Sweets.
Speaker 3: Do me.
Speaker 1: I made it clear that my intention was to play, and my intention was to play for the New York Jets. Good morning, everybody. I'm Paul Western Junior aka Boy Green. I'm the New York Jets digital reporter for eavy dot com. Welcome to Daily, a daily New York Jets video show, also available wherever you get your podcast. Before we get this party started, we are fifty five subscribers away from seventy five hundred and once we reach out Milestone, we're giving away a free fr ee free autograph piece of New York Jets member Billion to one lucky subscriber here on the channel, Baby, So again, make sure you guys hit that subscribe button if you're new to the channel. And we got new live shows every single morning at seven thirty baby, so I don't want you guys to miss out on the shows and also on the free stuff. It's a great combination. Make sure you guys like the video and hit subscribe. Let's bring our special guests. It's every Monday to talk all things New York Jets. It's dom C of Project Prospect. He has a direct link in the YouTube description down below. Directly is to his channel. Make sure you subscribe there for all the juicy draft content he releases. Domsey, welcome back to the show. My friend, Hey.
Speaker 2: Paul, how are you, buddy. Good morning, Good Monday morning chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good to see everybody, So keep it coming. And Mark, I see uh kind of get that Rogers off for your opening. I have put in a request to my guy Gator mcclutsky, so we're in the behind the scenes details of updating the intro. Mark, but thank you for pointing that out.
Speaker 2: I appreciate. We'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll see if today on the show, as we do a four round mock draft, maybe dom C right now is going to fix a quarterback problem and I'll let Gaiter know exactly what quarterback we're drafting and who's coming in. That would be great if we get just figure it out.
Speaker 2: Bing boom bam.
Speaker 1: Perhaps that is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Can we start right there. I just want to give my two cents on the quarterbacks in terms of this draft class. Yeah, I'm not going to get into breaking down the prospects because the quarterbacks are you know, I think we can't. We got time for that, because that's something that happens after free agency. That'll determine if there's some if there's really some you know, smoke behind the fire for fire behind the smoke, smoke on the fire, whatever one, you know what I'm talking about. Yeah, I will say this two things, and this is just observation one. Garrett Wilson's been liking a lot of Kyle McCord tweets and Instagram ghosts. Yes, I have. Again, there there might be absolutely nothing to that, but I just figured, hey, it's Jets related, and Kyle McCord is a polarizing player. Nonetheless, I've seen people who think he is a lock to be a top fifty pick. I've seen people that think he's a lock to go mid day three. So the the opinions on Kyle McCord vary realistically. I mean, honestly, I will say he's one of the I think there's three quarterbacks in this draft that check off that that check all the boxes in what Parcel would look for a quarterback coming out of college, right, the amount of starts, the amount of total yards thrown, the completion percentage, the age, so on and so forth. All those metrics that Bill Parcell would use that you'd have to mark off before he looked at you. Com McCord is one of three, Dylan Gabriel and cam warded the other two. Wow. Yeah, so take that for what you will, sure. And then the second thing on on cam Ward, I know that that's been a a big buzz point in Jets world this year. Yeah, listen, he's a great player and there's there's no absolutely, no denying that. You know, he's gonna I think he's gonna be a fine quarterback, a good quarterback. Don't know if I have him in that can't miss quarterback like I did kind of the three guys from last year for sure, Right, but he's going to be a fine quarterback. If I think he's going to be the first quarterback taken, I think he's going to be the number one overall pick. You know, at worst, he's gonna to be the number two overall pick. I just don't know if the Jets are trading up to one or two now. If something were to happen and in the perfect storm aligned, then he fell down to four, five and six, four and five per se, I think six the Raiders would take them. I agree, you move, you move, you know, Heaven and Earth to get up to four or five to get them. I don't know if the but I don't even think, like I said, I think a lot of this cam War to the Jets stuff might be a little bit preemptyuremature is the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean we'll see. I think this is a big week for all that, for for the for the Jets in their own conversations with pam Ward. So put that in about it, the potential conversations of Jets and Titans people getting in a back room and saying, hey.
Speaker 2: What would it take?
Speaker 1: And then if the Jets like cam Ward or whoever, and conversation go somewhere, then we're getting somewhere during a combo week. But none of that could also happen. So yeah, well we'll hear more and more on that later and quickly on com m accord as a Syracuse guy up here, and you know Kyle m accord game. I think it depends what game you watch. If you watch that Thursday night pitch game where he imploded with three pick six is you could see a lot of bad Kyle McCord tape that he got all dumpy in a big game for Syracuse when they had hopes and dreams of the college football playoffs. If you want to see bad Kyle McCord tape, it's out there. There's a lot of great leading the nation and passing and all this other jazz. There's a lot of good throws you can see on there, but there is bad Kyle McCord tape if you want to look out there and you can see how he responds to it. I always think that's really you know, Draft Day in the movie, Hey watch the tape from the Ohio State game, what happens after the sack and go through the whole Rigama role again. You you could see it as always. But yeah, I just wanted to throw that out there. We'll see I hope so I love comiccord. So whether it's a Jets or somewhere else, I hope he gets an op.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see somebody in the chat Taylor's talking about his top ninety five you know percentage. I think that's a a Jesse Palmer said, I know, Jesse was just on some some talk show talking about comccord. Listen, he's got a live arm, you know. I I think he's got an NFL arm. I think he's got He plays with moxie. You know, he does buckle under pressure at times. He's shown that he can, which is fine. The problem with the Cord is people are either gonna fall in love with his arm talent right and and say, you know what, We're gonna protect him well enough that you know he's going to be a fixture in our you know, in our program. You put him in a West Coast style offense kind of like I don't know, I'm not comparing the two, but kind of like you slid you know, brock Purty and that, right. And I think he can I think he can excel, you know, under structure. Under structure, I think he could be a really good quarterback. You your comic. Cord's got limited athletic upside. That's the that's the facts. That's okay, even at limited athletic upside, He's got ten times more than me, So I'm not saying that is an insult, sure, but limited athletic upside, And and he's just not going to produce much outside of a clean pocket. That's the reality. You know, he can throw the ball with velocity, he can spin it as many RPMs as ninety five percent of the NFL. That's all all fine and dandy, but you know he's got he's does his best work under a clean pocket. Which is that? Is that give you questions on his upside? No, I think that's a fair statement to say for any quarterback in the league. Yes, every probably probably going to do better, but I think that it's not as drastic for some you know Kyle McCorry. Yeah, and and and again. At six three six two six three twenty pounds, he's big enough. He doesn't have that over you know, overpowering build. He's not gonna he's not gonna burn by you. You know, there's there's better athletes in this class in Milroe and Darton and cam Ward and Will Howard too. So you know he checks off a lot of the boxes, not every single box. That's where I say, That's where I say I'm on McCord speaking for the Jets. Yeah, I think he's got a you know, I think he's in the discussion in that round three or four. I'm not spending the second round fish thing on Kyle McCord. I gotta I got a late third, early fourth round mote fair enough.
Speaker 1: And again forty two is it would be a very rich spot. Again, if he's a French gress quarterback grade, who cares what the price is, but you know that's a that's a very rich spot where the Jets have a lot of needs and that could go toward something else. All right, let's get into it our pre NFL combined four round Jets mock draft. Thank you to Pro Football Focus. We're using the PFF Draft simulator again. Dom C will be operating the controls here in terms of making these selections. Everything is fifty to fifty. Let me slide that one over. Everything's fifty to fifty and then a little bit of randomness is always good for the pie. So there you go. Are you ready to roll, dom C?
Speaker 2: Let's rock buddy, okay boo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have entered the draft and we will start the draft, and let's as we do customarily, for every first round pick.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's crazy, all right, let's read it out. Cam Ward, as a Domsey predicted, goes number one overall to the Tennessee Titans. Abdul Carter, the pass rusher from Penn State, goes two overall. The Cleveland Browns Shadur Sanders goes third overall to the New York Giants. Quarterback out of Colorado Tech Tech McMillan or Teter Todt McMuffin, as a ricky New York likes to say, fourth overall wide receiver out of Arizona, Mason Graham, fifth overall the Jacksonville Jaguars, Michigan Trams. Hunter slipping and slap it all the way to six baby to the Las Vegas Raiders at one more spot. But that's neither here nor there. The judge are now on the clock with the seventh overall draft choice.
Speaker 2: Down c Yeah again, I think we've seen this a couple of times. In my opinion, this might be, you know, arguably worst case scenario. You know, because you know, I know that a lot of people like Mason Graham, and I think Mason Graham's a very safe play and he you know, I think he's gonna be a good player. So a lot of people like Mason Graham. You take Graham, you take both the quarterbacks, and then Ted McMillan, who's really in my fail safe for fall? You know what kind of com Yeah, makes things a little difficult now. You know, obviously, I know everyone's gonna say trade back. Well, you know who's people? Who are people trading up for? That's a good question. Let's be let's be realistic. Who are people taken up for? You know, there is no I'll say this, the one lineman, I mean, the one wide receiver who's probably even remotely close to a top twelve pick is gone. There's so much there there. You know, is this the spot where somebody just absolutely falls in love with Jackson daughter Jaylen Milroe and they want to get up? You know? Is that the Jets move? Oh? Man? You know, I don't know. But outside of that, I just don't know who people are trading up for. You know, there's no line.
Speaker 1: I like this thought here, not that you have to do this. Ben Allen says it. You get traded back for the Tyler Warrens or Mike Greens or Erman Memboos, another one. I like a lot if you're if you're considering the potential trade back people who brought up Kenneth Grant is a fun one. Will Johnson's back there, Walter Noland, La Jay Jusible was pounding the day before.
Speaker 2: So there's a ton of tons of talented guys, you know, But who's trading up? You know, it's easy to say trade back, get more picks, you can the better value, But who's trading up?
Speaker 1: Takes juge tanco?
Speaker 2: Yeah what just curious? Can you hit that little trade tab? I'm just I just want to see who's sure?
Speaker 1: Just for giggles, Yeah, five five people are calling you. Domsee you got the forty niners.
Speaker 2: Drop down box on the forty next to the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah okay, and I'll tell you who's who's Oh I see so forty nine Ers, Dolphins, Colts, Cardinals, Browns, Browns all the way in the second round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can you can eliminate that, you said the.
Speaker 1: Doll the Dolphins pick thirteen, Colt st pick fourteen, Cardinals at pick sixteen, and then, like I said, the forty nine ers at pick eleven.
Speaker 2: You want to have some fun, pick one of them. Sure, okay, I'd probably say it's either going to be the Niners or the Colts or the Cardinals, because screw the Dolphins. I'm not damn straight. It's not American happens. Yeah, so I'll let's play with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's go Colts. I like that they could be moving up for a Tyler Warren perhaps. Okay, so let's try to figure out what this price is. So obviously we got to go fourteen to seven. Yes, I got a I want forty five, So okay, we get forty five. It says this trade is a ninety nine percent chance to get accepted.
Speaker 2: Soul is four hundred points five is four hundred and fifty. I think you can. I think that's more than fair for sake of this argument and speed.
Speaker 1: Just just yeah, what do you want me.
Speaker 2: To take fourteen to forty five for seven? Okay, okay, let's do it one fifteen won't matter. Just take the first and the second.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: Boo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the trade was accepted. We got an extra second round draft choice. There you go, down. See you're feeding the animals that I'll say, trade bad, trade bad. There you go, down. Everyone loves that. All right, let's resume the draft here. Let's see. Oh wow, they moved up for Malachi Stark. So I'll read these picks real quick. It's got Melanchi Starks, the Safety out of Georgia, Luther Burden, the third Widers are in Missouri, win eighth, O World, the Panthers, Will Campbell the Saints. Deshberod only need offensive line. Helpy stays here on LSU. Will Campbell goes to the Saints. There's go Ashton Gent. Wow, that's cool. Kenneth's grand defensive lineman Michigan. Mike Green passed Rusher goes to the Cowboys, and Will Johnson the corner goes to Michigan. So now we're on the clock at fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I had kind of hoped on Kenneth Grant being in this, you know, comfort spot sure, you know you got some other d lineman here for sure that can go. There's a couple guys that I want to talk about briefly. Like, listen, we all know about Tyler Warren. He's definitely gonna be in. He's definitely going to be in the discussion here. Okay, question, there's no there's no question about that. I want to talk about a couple guys, the three guys in particular. Okay, the first one can you Yeah, the first one just go to the edge rushers if he can.
Speaker 1: Oh, sure, yeah, let's just go straight over there.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go edge. Okay, here we go. So the first one is sitting right there. Stop, you can talk like James. I'm not gonna talk about James Pierce. He happens to be high on my board. He's my number nine player in the class. Oh wow, I think I think Shamar Stewart is a guy that we need to have a quick discussion about. Now, that's sure, do yeah, Okay, this is as we're getting into the combine. This is a name that you're gonna have to remember. Jamar Stewart is a freaking nature you know, I hate to break it any other way. At sixty six, you know, two hundred and ninety pounds, he moves like James Pierce does at two hundred and forty five pounds. The guy is electric in his movement skills. Listen, there's a chance that he runs sub four or five at two hundred and ninety pounds. I mean, sometimes something that's in absolutely insane. He can do anything from play three tech all the way out to nine tech you know, like a White Knight spot wide night spot, very versatile. Like I said, athletic as could be sudden strong stout against the run. I think if the Jets run three four base principles, he could play that. That that the five tech three end or five tech defensive end. Here's the thing. Yeah, not a lot of production in college. I think he had four I think he had four sacks throughout his career. So he can get there, he can't get home. He's not even going to be twenty one years old at the time of the draft, so that's crazy. A projection on him is going to be through the roof. Same thing with Michael Williams. I think Michael Williams, you got a uh Georgia, got a Georgia kidd. I see somebody sears talking. Do we need another edge? Yes, yes, we absolutely need another edge. Guys. Remember this is this is this is Jets, you know, uh kind of jets tainted view on a lot of things. We don't know what JJ is gonna be. I love Jermaine Johnson, I do I love Jamaine Johnson. We have no idea what he's going to be like coming back off an achilles, less explosive in a position where you need to be explosive. On top of that, if he's not great, what else do we have? Who else do we have? Paul? We have Will McDonald's Will McDonald.
Speaker 1: But you really need three guys, you know, you need three guys in that And I.
Speaker 2: Happen to like Eric Watts a lot. I think he's going to be more of that that that run stuff for early down situation type. You need another guy. So the idea that we don't need another edge because we have Will and JJ is just wrong. You're drafted, not only not only you're not plugging a hole at automatically right here, right now this season. Do you have a starter in two years? This is the area. So yeah, that's the big indust real quick.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this before, but it's worth reiterating every time this comes up. Uh, the biggest misconception in draft history is AH missing right tackle. I draft right tackle. Boh yeah cool. It's isn't free agency. This is about thinking multiple steps ahead. Oh wow, I'm not saying we're doing this year. Quincy Williams entering last year's deal, We're going to need an off ball linebacker to step in after Quincy, So like, that's what it is. So again, I really like Tyler Warren here, but we've had that conversation before. That'd be nice, and we've taken Tyler Warren before, so right, correct, I'm just trying let's mix it up.
Speaker 2: I agree. Yeah, So Shamar Stewart here is one of the guys that I might not pick, but I think the Jets fans and and all NFL fans need to get familiarized with like that. He has the ability to blow the roof off the combine and this is going to be the area where he goes. Okay, baby, So I'm not going to pick him. The second guy I want to the second guy I want to talk about is can you go to the wide receiver room?
Speaker 1: Oh, wide receiver room? Sure, sir, Yeah, we know what you want to do. You want to Mecha b A.
Speaker 2: Mecca BOOKA might be in consideration in this range. This might be a little bit this might be a little bit high. But listen again, in a draft where there's only gonna be eight to ten first round, you know, consensus first round picks, you go get your guy. So if this is your guy, you go get him, right, can you pick up.
Speaker 1: An extra second? So I mean, like you know, and you need you need a wide receiver, all right.
Speaker 2: So so the question with the book is gonna be how big does he come in? Right? Yeah? Yeah, he's gonna be plus six to one, you know, but is he sub two hundred? You know? Is he is a little bit on the frail or the skinny side? You hope not, because it's gonna take some of his strength away. I personally think a couple of things. I think a Mecha Buka is the best route runner in this class bar Nune. You know Jack Besh. Jack Besh is probably second, and he's a distant second. A Mecca Buka is versatile enough, I think to play inside and outside. Think think Jackson Smith and Jigba's role in in Seattle where they moved him inside he you know, they played him inside outside depending on the on the scheme or whatnot. I like that those kind of that kind of versatility on my on my offensive weapons. He's never going to be a pure you know, boundary X receiver. He's that's not his skill set, you know, people are gonna question if you can get off press man, you don't. You know what if you have him at the Z or the flanker or the slot, you know, that would that can alleviate some of the worries. He's not going to be lined up in press man all the time on the outside, but he's going to be a quarterback's best friend. You know. Again, two years ago, before he got injured, he was the best wide receiver on that team, on a team that included Marvin Harrison junior. Right, they we know how well Ohio State puts out wide receivers. I think I think they are wide receiver you for sure. So he's in the conversation here. There's one more guy, Paula. You made mentioned the something before, and I'm happy that you did. You talked about Quincy Williams. Quincy Williams is thirty years old, in the last year is contract, probably, if I had to guess, probably playing in the last you know year of his contract. Johat Campbell out of Alabama is somebody that needs to be discussed. This is I forget about how PFF has him ranked. This is the range, Yeah, this is the range where he's going to go I I wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because so PFF says, you know, the around the thirty ninth pick, which is we've had him sometimes in the second round.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is this is PFF's rankings or Trevor Sikima's personal rankings like one thing.
Speaker 1: So screw Trevor Sikima. Yeah at Tampa Bay tray boo boo.
Speaker 2: I think this is the range. This is the top the top part of the area where you're gonna see jo Hot Campbell come off. Okay. He is the prototypical Mike linebacker, right. He is strong inside the tackle box coming down. He'll fit in the run like like you want your middle linebackers to do. But again, he's got like unicorns sideline the sidelines be like Jamie Sherwood as well. He can flip his hips, he can cover with running backs, he can cover tight ends, he can play man coverage. He was a former edge rusher. He can blitz the quarterback. To me, this is the compliment that I love. Next to a Quincy Williams type. This is the guy that's going to be the CJ. Mosy replacement for the next ten to twelve years. Yeah. So that being said, I love Campbell. All right, I'm going to so if it was if I was a GM, hold hear me out, don't make the pick car, Okay, if I was the real GM, if I was the real GM, not the pull boy green mock draft GM. If I was a real GM, I'm having a conversation about Johad Campbell because I think he's that good. He's my seventh player in the class overall.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm gonna veer off. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go towards a wide receiver and I'm gonna take a me go Buka here at fourteen. Listen, it's a need, you know, regardless of what happens to Garrett Wilson, I'm sure he'll be here long term, but why not bring another Ohio State guy in there? You know, that's a that's a that's a phenomenal combination that you have of of precise route runners, no matter who the quarterback is. And you know you've you varied some value with you know, a position to need and gained this an extra second round pick. So that will be quick because I got short I got short time here, yes, right, and and I want to stay you can stay right here. Okay, you can stay right here, because there's two guys that I like, and they happen to be those two defensive lignements right there. Tyler Williams is your bigger body. Tyler Williams is your bigger body that you can pop right next to Quinn Williams. He's gonna he's gonna eat some blocks. He's gonna two gap if you ask him to, and really really solidify the run. Samar Turner still on the board. I'm not gonna take him because I don't think it's fair. I think he'll be Yeah. I actually that's Tromart Turner, not Samar Stewart. I apologize. But the other guy I want to talk about right is right there from markansall land and Jackson. Do you know Landon Jackson? Do you know who Alanda Jackson is? Paul Not much about him now, Yeah, six seven and a half to seventy five defensive end, A big, strong, physical again, a guy who I think if they transition or play more multiple fronts, if they play more multiple fronts in terms of three four, this is the guy that you pop at that three, at that five tech and and just watch him just you know, kick the living be Jesus out of people. He's physical, he can rush with power still developing that that that that other pass rush bag, but that that's gonna come. He's just long as could be. Let me see if I have his measurements here from the Senior Bowl. Of course I don't, that's right, but yeah, man, the I mean, the the the length is ridiculous. The athleticism at that size is ridiculous. He's a guy that people are and I think he's versatile in the sense that if you want to play four to three, you know, fine, you put him on the strong side. You know, you want to blitz him, you want to you want to rush him from the inside at times, you know, on on sub packages, that's fine. Put him on the inside. Again. He's got a little bit of that JFM skill set, even though it's a little bit different, but he's got that a little bit of versatility. So those are the two guys that I'm gonna target right here. So I'm gonna take, I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take Talik Williams first the defense and hope Land of Jackson falls.
Speaker 1: Okay, And he did not.
Speaker 2: All that for nothing. All right, So we're gonna put how about that, We're gonna position ourselves here to address the edge later. Maybe we can talk about right tackle right here.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, yeah, that'd be great. I can't believe that happened with the chances, all right, so here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't have to move too far. I think that Arianti Ursery is a guy that we could talk about. I think Donovan Jackson is interesting. Okay, and I might as well keep the Ohio State role.
Speaker 1: You have a hot streak going on right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so listen, donovand Jackson's a guard. He played guard for three consecutive years and then Josh Simmons, their left tackle got hurt and he was asked to move outside and he did damn well there, So I think he I think he can be talked about. Ozzy Trapillo. I know again, looking at the looking at the ratings, looking at the the the Yeah, it might look low, but this is where Ozzy Trapillo, I think is gonna go off. You can make an argument. I feel for I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna bow out on Jackson. Like I said, I think he's probably gonna be more guard than than But I think you can make an argument for either Ursery or Trapillo. Trapillo is a right tackle. You know, Erree played right and left. There's questions on if he needs to move inside the guard. Okay, so I like them both. So I'm gonna defer to you do you want to take? Do you want to take? Who really showed off well? Showed off very well. I questioned some of his movements, skills, and some of his flexibility on film, but he at the Senior Bowl, he really really played well. And then Trapillo's you know, six eight, three hundred and thirty pounds, so you're gonna have some high hipped, you know, tall tackle problems with him. Yeah, and he's a Patriots fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we're going our sorry tackle on in Minnesota immediately here. You know, he he is definitely the pick. All right, we jump over to a ninety two here in the third round where.
Speaker 2: You don't have to move. I'm taking my guy right there at the top of the board as a Riot Thomas.
Speaker 1: State, Ricky New York is loving it.
Speaker 2: Long physical pressman corner. Somebody that fits what Aaron Glenn's scheme and Steve Wilkes scheme is going to look like the perfect compliment to what you have and in saust Gardner.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there's pick ninety two, the last pick of the third round. Now we're in the fourth round. Pick one O, wait, final pick?
Speaker 2: Okay, can we go to the tight ends. I just want to see what's on the.
Speaker 1: Board tight ends? Okay, Hey, maybe Tyler warrens store here. Uh no, no he is not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm listen. I love Terrence Ferguson, but for this, for the sake of this argument, I'm going to pass here. I'm gonna go ahead. And like I said, we have some we have some depth needs and the defensive end still we have some. We've touched on what the wide receiver in the offensive tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 2: What's on the quarterback board. You know we talked about Kyle McCord. Is McCord still there?
Speaker 1: He is, along with everybody else, Rylan Leonard, Jackson Dartshow.
Speaker 2: Jackson Jackson, Dart's gonna go well off the board here, listen, this is I'm gonna take cal McCord and hope that you find lightning in the bottle. If not, if not, if not, you have a very good high end back up for for years to come. I don't think. Uh. Listen, and again, maybe he develops and maybe he comes into a scheme where you're comfortable with him, you know, as a low end, as a low and starter. Uh. I think he's probably going to compete for that spot this year with the likes of Tyrod Taylor and the likes of a free agent guy and and and end up probably being a clipboard holder for a year before he develops into a backup. So forget about the grades.
Speaker 1: Forget it. I just say this is the best grade you've ever received from PFF.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I choose guys how I think they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Fall, not on right, not based on grades, not on a not on a frivolous grade. Well, Dom, I know you're cutting short on time, but I want to thank you for this four round. Makua. We'll be looking forward to all your Project Prospect content this week to the NFL combine. Will be able to check with you next week. We'll do a post combine one of these. It'll be pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Yep, look forward to it. Guys. Keep your eyes peeled again. Remember the guys that play explosive positions such as cornerbacks such as edge such as wide receivers such as running back. You want to see their corner. You want to see their explosive numbers be high in the combine.
Speaker 1: And real quick, don what do you got going on today? Your busy Monday is always.
Speaker 2: Busy Monday, nine pm The Jets Draft Show with Ryan from Jets Talk twenty four to seven. That bleeds right over into the ten o'clock Mock the Best Mock Draft Yes Show on Dade County McFly. I mean, come on, dude, all right, you're worse than Tannebaum. You can't spell tannabem. You can't spell tannabaum. So what's worse than that, buddy? I don't care. It's make believe. Here's the here's the thing, guys, these are the mock drafts are meant to be scenarios that kind of open up opportunities to things differently.
Speaker 1: R Yes, and I love it, yeah, one hundred percent, and so built for conversation. We were going to do a billion mock drafts before we get to the draft, which again is going to change dramatically, especially after free and see dom C.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother, yep, Okay, bye, buddy.
Speaker 1: There is dom c our NFL Draft Analyst Project Prospect joins us every Monday and gets in front of you animals. For whatever you could be saying in the comments section, this is the draft for Domsey, and I'll repeat it for everyone, especially our audio only listeners that can't see this right now. So we had the seventh overall pick, we decided to trade back with the Indianapolis Colts win from seven to fourteen. We picked up an additional second rounder that's forty five overall. With that first round draft selection, Domsey took Ohio state wide receiver a Mecca Abuka with the fourteenth overall pick. Then with the forty second overall pick that's the Jet's original second round pick, he kept the Ohio State train rolling with interior defensive lineman tight League Williams out of Ohio State. Again, that's a Rickey New York favorite. With our new additional second round pick that we received from the Indianapolis Culture, picked up in offensive tackle arionte Urseri, the offensive tackle out of Minnesota to compete over there at right tackle in the third round. These are both of the jets original picks ninety two overall, well technically not original. This is the Lions third round pick that the Jets acquired last year in the draft, Azariah Thomas, the cornerback out of Florida State there late in the third round, and then Colm Accord, my boy quarterback syrahcuse one oh eighth overall. Baby bff did not like that, but we'll see what the world thinks. Again. That overall draft grade is a B plus. By the way, if you guys have thoughts and comments about this, we will be sending this excuse me. We'll be putting this out on Twitter and the YouTube community channel, and also on our discord where we could continue this conversation about Domsy's draft and whether or not you guys would have done something differently. Personally, I would have taken Tyler Warren at fourteenth overall, but again Domsey has done that before, so he wanted to do a different mock scenario. We have not done Tyler Warren in a trade back, which again I think is super realistic. Your trade back a handful of slot, you pick up some additional draft compensation, get a Tyler Warren. I think that's the play for the New York Jets. It would make a lot of sense. Obviously if Mason Graham isn't on the board, but fascinating stuff here. Thanks everybody. As always, we've got five hundred people in the room. Like the video, hit subscribe, baby, let us know what you think of this mock draft. Also, we have a two contests going on. It feels like a good time to remind you guys. First off, we have a free giveaway going on. If you just subscribe to the channel, you're eligible. Seventy five hundred subscribers. Baby, that's where we're trying to get to, and we're fifty and change away from that, so as soon as we reach there, we'll be giving away an autograph piece of New York Jets memorabilia. If you want some even cooler prizes, all you have to do is buy a Raffle ticket for the next couple of days. Baby, let me throw it up here on the board. We'll be revealing the winner of this contest on Saturday, March first. That's coming up this Saturday, so we only have Monday through Friday for you guys to purchase your Raffle tickets. Here's what's up for grabs, a New York Jets signature football. You could see all those wonderful autographs on there, Derret Wilson, Quinn, Williams, Avt, Aaron Rodgers. That is up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: It's great for the man cave or your office. It's limited edition collectible, a New York Jet's Nike Solution Slevers long sleeve and a custom laser engraving Jets Boy Green package. What is that. There's license plates, commemorative coins, commemorative pens, all kinds of cool stuff, and it has Boy Green logos and Jets logos all merched on top of that, one lucky person who purchased a Raffle ticket at some point during the month of February will be eligible for this prize back. There are no limits to how many Raffle tickets you could buy. Obviously, the more you buy, the better chance you have. But if you don't buy one, you have zero chance. That's the math from what I understand. So make sure everybody that you do purchase a Raffle ticket before Saturday. Why I might as well. It's only two ninety nine. We've had people get pretty darn close and only buying one Raffle ticket having a chance to win this thing. So I highly recommend you guys giving that a opportunity, Baby, terrific. And Boy, you guys did not hide your feelings about dom C. I can see here it is June, the GM and everybody else. Good, Lord, have mercy. Why don't we do this. We'll take a quick time out and we'll open up the phone lines. You guys can let us know how you really feel. Let's hear from hep more coming out. Boy Green Daily continues.
Speaker 4: Boy Buggy Days, Buggy Days, bug Days talking just football man, Boy Buggy Day, bug Dug And they're.
Speaker 5: Not Jets Football Club. Wow.
Speaker 1: The steep special scenes, watch the Super Bowl season.
Speaker 4: Take t s chest chest chests, Boy pour.
Speaker 1: One out for help Baby. He is one of the best in the gosh darn business. Again. We got five hundred people in the room. Like the video hit subscribe. My name is Paul Aston Junior aka Boy Green. I'm your humble host. I host every day at seven thirty in the morning. Plus we have bonus shows every Tuesday and Thursday. Boy Green Meet Woody at three o'clock. Tomorrow's special show we'll be reacting. At three o'clock. We'll be reacting to the Darren Moogie erin Glenn presser again. The head coaching GM for the New York Jet speak tomorrow at the podium live in Indianapolis at twelve o'clock. Darren Mugie's first, and then Aaron Glenn follows him right after that. They should each be speaking for about fifteen minutes, so we will have the live takeaways and comments from that at three o'clock on the show tomorrow. We'll also have another Boy Green daily tomorrow morning, so keep all of that in mind. Baby, All right, let's go to the phone lines. This is someone who is quite passionate about the mock draft you've just witnessed. It's June the GM. Join us here on the show. What's up, June, Paul.
Speaker 6: I'm changing your name.
Speaker 7: Okay, your name is Paul stressed me out as Ston Jr.
Speaker 2: That's that's a little long. But I.
Speaker 7: Don't see on there. And he says some crazy stuff like draft. First of all, I know what's make believe guys, I know, but I don't even like that in the atmosphere. I don't like it spoken. I believe that thoughts become things. I believe that you speak things into existence, right for that manifest in life and the power of the tongue. So when you speaking death to my vision of my jets and you bring on who the guy who could have been a number one in Ohio state for fifteen years, I like him in the second round, in the second round, I like him.
Speaker 6: I like him early third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know he ain't dropping that fall, but he's not number four, are you like?
Speaker 6: The pick will be Tyler Warren if he's there at fourteen.
Speaker 7: And if we ever drop back at fourteen and Tyler ORBN is there and we don't draft him, I'm going to lose my shit.
Speaker 6: Let's not do that. By the way, you'll see your email, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, the common cord, the clip from the Rich Atman Show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got to give you your prompts. You will also something real earth.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: You heard how they said he's in the ninety five percent tow of exsit the AAR I know his own was like that.
Speaker 6: I'm fortunate enough more and more. Wait it would would it be a reach early third?
Speaker 1: You think he beat in for us, Well, we won't be in the early third. We're gonna be in the late third because we swapped the pick. We traded our third round pick to the Raiders for DeVante Adams, so our third is late third. It's the Detroit line search that's ninety two. So that's so here, which basically leads us June to the problem because so the judge pick at seven, obviously they're not picking Comic Cord there, and then the next time they pick is forty two, and then the next time they pick after that fifty picks later at ninety two. So if you're the Jets, let's say, Commic Cord, you guy. I have no idea if that's really true, but they should because I love Commic Cord a lot. But if he's their guy, did they go shit? We could take Comic coord right now at forty two, but man, we think he might be available sort of around ninety two, and we could get someone else that can help us right now insert whoever your guy is, all right, we'll wait, and then you wait. Fifty picks is a lot of time, and if anyone else feels as good as you do about Comic Cord, he ain't lasting to ninety two. So that's the risk. Of course, you can always trade up. You can take your player at seven, you can take your player at forty two, and then you can trade up for ninety two and give up whatever is necessary to go get comic Cord. That's up to your scouting department to have a good knowledge of the draft and where you believe his stock is. And it's a dangerous game. So doe. I think he could be there in the early third, absolutely, but that's where we go.
Speaker 2: Is it a.
Speaker 7: Stretch to say that if he let's say we dropped back from number seven to around ten or twelve, right, it's a safe shit that we could perhaps pick up an early third round him from a team that's no doubt we yes, that would make more sense moving back to ten or twelve. Warren should be there. I don't think no later than twelve. Grab Warren, grab another high in prospect in the second round, whoever that may be. I Guka, I won't mind that in the second round. I won't mind the right receiver from Missouri in the second round Luther, Yeah, and then early third grabbing McCord. But I'm intrigued by McCord. I'm really intrigued by him. I think the way Palmer knows his stuff, I don't know why he don't get more love. Everything's Donald Lofsky, you know who walk off the back of the end zone. I don't know how he became a guru of quarterback ness. I don't know anyway, that's a different story. But Palmer, actually, you know, trains quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: He knows his stuff.
Speaker 6: And the way he spoke about him, I said, damn.
Speaker 7: And guys, if you don't know what I'm talking about, once again, the GM puts you in the right direction if you do the research is on you.
Speaker 6: There's an interview with Jesse Palmer, Right, Jesse.
Speaker 1: Palmer, Jordan Palmer, you're talking about Jesse is a college football guy?
Speaker 6: Yeah? What show?
Speaker 1: Set one more time?
Speaker 6: On what show he's on? Is it our Boy? Our boy? A Federal Jet fan? The show he's on? Palmer?
Speaker 1: Oh, the one that you set me the club up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was a Richison show. Yeah, that's a Jordan Palmer. He was on the rich Isison Show.
Speaker 6: Yes, I got that episode.
Speaker 7: He talks about the kid Accord that a boy boy Green being up on him seven months ago.
Speaker 6: I don't know. He's been information. You gotta watch listen.
Speaker 7: Paul might be sneakily working for the New York Jets scouting team. I'm just letting you guys know, listen to what he's saying.
Speaker 6: He knows his stuff.
Speaker 7: I'm good, Jay, I'm fired up, as you can see because I got my coffee drinking out of my hustle cup.
Speaker 2: Hustle very nice.
Speaker 6: I find you need it.
Speaker 7: I'm excited to hear what moved you gotta say. Hopefully he says something this time, right instead of sitting there like this.
Speaker 1: I hope we can only help for some answers. And I love the call, baby, And yeah, Alan, I'm pretty sure they're the same guy. Jesse Palmer from the Bachelor. Also Jesse Palmer. I believe he's also the college football guy. I do believe. Let me make sure.
Speaker 2: I have that right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there, he's a Canadian TV personnel. He also does college football, he does other college sports. But yeah, he's the Bachelor. It's all the same guy. So yeah, Jordan Palmer is the former quarterback. Jesse Palmer is the college football guy and a Bachelor guy and all that other stuff. So yeah, Jesse and Jordan Palmer, that is it? So yes, yes, apparently that's it. But no, Jordan Palmer is on the Rich Eisin Show. He's the quarterback coach. He does like private quarterback coaching and thinks of that nature. Yeah, I've liked com Accord a lot. For those who don't really know his story, I'll give you a little bit. I'm sure we'll do a future show about it because my pops hop on Pop is also very high on Kyle McCord. So he's six foot three, two ten. We'll see what he ends up weighing and measuring out at the NFL combine. These are college numbers. Sometimes college numbers are stretched in a lot of ways. He spent the first three years of his collegiate career at Ohio State, and he's a backup the first two years, just to know nothing. Back up didn't really have a lot of opportunities. He threw sixty eight total passes through his first two college football seasons, and as a junior he sort of explodes on the scenes. Has a sixty six completion percentage, you know, thirty one hundred yards, twenty four touchdown, six picks. Very nice. But then there's all this drama in Ohio State land after that year, and Coy McCord goes f this, I'm out and he enters a transfer portal and Fran Brown, the Syracuse head coach who just took over from Georgia. He had this special relationship with Kyle McCord's mother. There was a whole thing where he knew comccord's mother from a nursing thing. And long story short, that weird connection got Fran Brown to know Kyle McCord. So as soon as midnight hit, it's kind of like frenzy, right, we show up at the player's house at twelve oh one. As soon as the transfer portal window open, Fran Brown was at com McCord's house selling him I'm coming to Syracuse and delivering for the Orange. And so comiccord picked Syracuse. And a lot of people make fun of comccord because I don't know if you know. I'm sure some of you do. Syracuse football has been booty cheeks for the last twenty years. It's been not good. The last Golden Age includes guys like Dwight Freeney. You just went into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Dwight Freeney had a full NFL career, retired and then went into the Hall of Fame. Before Syracuse is good again, Like, think about how long a time that took from the early two thousands. We're talking about, you know, mid to late nineties, where you had Marvin Harrison senior not junior senior, Donovan McNabb, you had a couple of those Syracuse guys come out, and then Syracuse was in the Abyss with guys like after the end of the Paul Pascaloni era to Greg Robinson, to Doug Marone who had the stint as the Buffalo Bill's head coach, and Scott Schaefer in den no Babers and then boo, yeah, Fran Brown shows up, is able to lure Kyle McCord from Ohio State to Syracuse. Syracuse again did not have all this hoodspa that they had. They had one good year a Dino Babers that was back at twenty eighteen where they had a ten win season. Every other season was awful. And comc cord comes here and Jeff Nixon, the Syracuse Orange offensive coordinator or comccord have this great combination and boom goes off. Aronde Gadson. He's another player Syracuse, not Syracuse fans, Jet fan should circle. He's basically a wide receiver and a tight end's body. He's got NFL blood running through his veins. His father played in the league. Rondi Gabson Senior. I'm telling you, man, Roondre Gadson's a guy to shirkers, a big, gangly, freaky looking tight end. He's not gonna go in the first round. He's gonna be a mid round pick. I'm telling you, Ronde gads And there's a lot of great Syracuse players. You're gonna see a bunch of them at the combine. Leaquin Allen the running back, Rondie Gabson the tight end, Kyle McCord the quarterback. Got a couple of players on d like Elijah Clark and Fadil Diggs and a couple other guys. There's a lot of Syracuse representation, which is sort of nice. We haven't seen that in a long time for the ORNs. So they have all of that going on. We have all that going on, so it's just really fascinating. So any who, long story short, comiccord comes here to Syracuse and blows it up. He leads a nation in passing yards. Miami comes here to Syracuse at the end of the season. If Miami wins, they're going to the AEC Championship. Game, they're probably going to the college football playoff, and they get beat by com McCord and Syracuse and Miami season spoiled. They don't go to the a SEC championship game, they don't go to the college football playoff, and then everything changes. So everyone's all board the cam Ward train. But if you go quarterback for quarterback at the end of the season, Comiccord beat cam Ward. Now they weren't both on the field at the same time together, and you guys can factor all that in. But yeah, pretty gash starn interesting there. Let's answer some questions here. Dick Chimney's burner says, does anyone know what the drama was? Was he told that Howard would compete for the job in Accord left. Yeah, that's not what I heard. I just heard that it wasn't even a competition thing. And I don't know the legitimacy of what I heard, what is the actual truth, or whether or not we'll ever get the truth, but that Ohio State just basically kicked Yeah you're talking about Will Howard. That Comiccord is basically I kicked out overlook like they didn't think they could win with comic Coord, that they couldn't get over the top of commic Cord. Now Ohio stands up winning the National Championship. They look like geniuses. But for a large part of the season, like, oh boy, what a terrible mistake letting Comic Cord go. And he's killing it in Syracuse now Ohio State it's last laugh. Think of the national Championship. But from what I heard, it wasn't even about a competition. It was just about like, hey, we don't think you can do it, like they didn't believe in him, and he goes, Okay, if you don't believe me, I'll go somewhere where someone does blame me, lands at Syracuse and everything goes so long. So no, I did not hear that. It was a hey, you're gonna to compete for the job, and he's like that, I'm out. I did not hear that. But again, maybe we'll never truly know. So Jay Boy says cut Allen Lazard, some of those moves are going to be coming up, so we'll see, kind of says Q still stinks. Come on, man, Syracuse doesn't stink. They just had a wonderful season. Dead Fran Brown just had the greatest first season a Syracuse football head coaches ever had in Couch and Syracuse football history. So that's a pretty gash darn good. So we'll keep an eye on it. There you go. I didn't even well, not this one. Comiccord and Garrett Wilson were together at the Ohio. Was there for your great, perfect great Hey, that'd be awesome. So it'd be good to see comiccorda come back home, coming back home up here. Lucas says, trade up for Cam, no risk, no reward. We'll see what happens. As it pertains that if that's gonna happen, the framework of that will be set up this week. By the way, Zach Rosenblat, I highly recommend this. He came out with this quarterback article today with all kinds of nuggets and he confirmed. Zach es Blood of The Athletic confirmed that Justin Fields, Pittsburg Steelers quarterback, and the Jets have mutual interest ahead of free agency. He has a lot of interesting quarterback nuggets in there about the draft and the ties to the Denver Broncos and all this other stuff. But in addition to the Freancy nugget, there's mutual interest between the Justin Fields and the Jets. So we'll see if that means anything. But does Zach Roseblat drop that in his piece that just came out this morning. I read it right before I hopped on the show. Dick Chimney, You're welcome, pal, thank you, thank you for the question.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the phone lunch here. We got happier on the program.
Speaker 5: It's not happy, Paul, Paul, When is the combine?
Speaker 1: So the combine is so media are basically showing up today and last night. The players are gonna be start getting measured out and weight training all that stuff this week. The actual drills and everything that takes place goes from Thursday through Monday, so you're gonna be getting all those drills and workouts and they're broken up position like normally, Saturday is a big day with like you know, the quarterbacks, the wide receivers, the running backs, that sort of thing, but it's all broken up. Let me see if I can come up before before I get off the show. I'll definitely reveal the full NFL Combine schedule, but it's all this week. The actual drill days, like I said, are coming up on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Monday. Oh, here it is, I have it right in front of it here. So Thursday's defensive linemen, linebackers that starts at three o'clock. Friday is the DB's and the tight ends that's Friday at three o'clock. On Saturday is the big day, like I said, quarterbacks, wide receiver, running backs at Saturday at one o'clock. And then the final day for this year is offensive lineman. The hog millis is on Sunday at one o'clock. So technically the drill day.
Speaker 2: So we're all rich.
Speaker 1: Iizing on doing and Daniel Jeremiah doing all their play by play. That's Thursday through Sunday. But then there's some extracurricular activities over the coming days.
Speaker 5: That's awesome. So we're in it now, we're already.
Speaker 2: We'll get you out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're prime for next season and everything. And those cuts one of those cuts coming June.
Speaker 1: Cuts for what well, the big.
Speaker 5: Cuts, the big money cuts like Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean they're coming imminently. Basically, I mean we're you're Aaron Rodgers. Probably won't be till literally, you know. League year kicks off March twelfth at four o'clock and then the transaction comes in of that. But a lot of these like teams are making cuts right now to make cap space ahead of time, and they're just dumping guys. So yeah, I imagine we're going to get a couple of jet cuts coming up here. So combine weeks this week, so probably be pretty distracted. But the week after, so the next two weeks after that is when players are going to start to just hit in the open market.
Speaker 5: Great, So you took you one down to you took your family down to Boston on that in the area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was kind of like an a they're going down for family reasons, but I had the combine this week and all this work, so I couldn't go. So I just kind of dropped them off to my fiance's parents and they took them the rest of away. We just kind of split up halfway and ended up going there. So yeah, yeah, so I have the house alone. It's kind of weird. I haven't had that. It's like college, so I don't know what's happening here. But yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: You'll be eating in, you'll be ordering in and watching TV in your underwear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's it. That's the that's the man's dream. So it's good to check that off the bucket list every once in a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ah, hi, Fellows, thanks a.
Speaker 1: Lot, appreciate it. Half, thanks for the call. Yeah I have I've had the house alone for a day or two and I'm gonna have it for the rest of the week. It's crazy. And there you go, my beautiful fiances. In the comics section, Tatiana Davis, we love and miss you, Data.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I don't know if like YouTube is just trying to be a jerk or something, but you know how, we all have commercials you have to watch on YouTube before the show. I keep good. I'll either be listening to like NFL films, music or something because I'm a football nerd or whatever, and it commercial plays before the video and it's this little girl. I don't know what the commercials about, because I always skip ads as soon as I can, especially that one, because it's like a tear jerker. This little girl is running out the front of her house, going dude, your home, and like kind of waddling like a penguin. And then like the father was coming home from either the military or work, or something and said.
Speaker 2: We missed you.
Speaker 1: And I'm like Jesus, this week, of all weeks, you had to be throwing all this out there, So that was incredibly tear jerking. But I do appreciate my beautiful fiam says, so yeah, I'm just gonna be really focusing on a lot of work. And it's good with the NFL combine week of being able to focus on all that stuff. So that part of it's gonna be great. But shout out to my fiance, shout everybody out there. Party of Paul's j Boy just said it. Oh boy, here we go number one. Asha Jeffen said, Sheldon Rankins cut get him for depth. Yeah, I enjoyed Sheldon Rankins here. He was fun at the podium and we need defensive line depth, so that'd be graandy. Probably come relatively cheap too, So there you go. Jerby says, I'm in my underwear on every show. I will neither confirm or deny those reports. I'll simply plead the fifth have mystas turn up thermostat. If anything, I'm turning down the thermostat. To be honest with you, I'm turning it down. I prefer it cold. As hell, because if it's cold, you can put on more gear. If you're hot, you got to strip down, and then you're just still hot. It's been always been my perspective. But you know, so we'll figure out what happens, Yo Homes, I get this question at least every day of my life. When are you wiping up your lovely lady? Good things come to those who wait, Yo homes, Good things come to those who wait. I'm trying to break the record for the longest engagement of all time, and it's running like, I don't know, seven years or something. I don't even know if that's how long it is. I have no idea. It's been a long ass time though. It's been a long ass time now either way, I'm joining. All right, let's go to the phone lines for one more call here before we head over to the radio station. We got n y j K out here on the show ban Man.
Speaker 8: I was watching the Singing Bowl, and there's a lot of good prospects. I wouldn't mind going off of some wine in this in this on the seventh pick all yeah, well, tight end like Tyler Wawren, if he gets snabbed, I would go to office of woman from Minnesota.
Speaker 3: For guy's name got the stud.
Speaker 1: His name is, Oh yeah, we just had him at the box drap. Yeah, he was the second round Picky, I don't uh, it's yeah, his name is uh Ariante Minnesota.
Speaker 8: I think that guy's going to be a start at the next level. I believe you're honesty because if you got to think, if we're losing Morgan Moses, we're gonna need somebody on that. Yeah, so we're gonna need some We've got the love side as far as with all.
Speaker 3: Who's the other guard over there?
Speaker 8: Old Yeah, listen, big shot, the A V Team man A V T balled out, thank god, all healthy years. So we know we got in him. You know, Joe Timmy is gonna come along get better eventually. So but we gotta you gotta live father, you know, the right side of the office of one monst no doubt.
Speaker 3: Yes, we need we need depth on on both sides.
Speaker 8: Office of line and defen someone correct honestly, so, and I think I think we get it still at the corner in the later rounds. Yeah, you know, the opposite So it's garner, but you know it's it's tricky because you know I'm seeing king Ward and in some of my drafts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so king Wards the monster. I watched Kate Ward this year.
Speaker 8: The guy can flat that play, honestly, Like, don't sleep on Jalen Mirroe from from Ben. He's another guy and who could probably go in the later rounds or might you know, be be a first round sneak. So but Tyler Warren I think will be unbelievable, you know, to go along with Breese Hall.
Speaker 3: I see Ted mc millan in some mocks.
Speaker 8: You know, so if if Adams is not coming back, you know, you know, we throw tag along with Garrett and everything. So I just I just hope this regime that we just it don't be the same old Jets thing, you know, Like that's that's what I hope for, you know, not even speaking negative.
Speaker 3: I just hope, you know, would be smart, just you know with this regime, which I got faith.
Speaker 1: Like a lot, so I hope too.
Speaker 8: You know, everybody saying, oh, you know, Rick Spieling, let's not forget the God drafted Christian Ponder, So that was a huge that's a huge question mark man.
Speaker 1: So like forever Christian Ponder, he drafted justin Jefferson too, so.
Speaker 8: You know, yeah, I know, you know, Justin Jefferson picked out, weighed everything because the guys are stuck one of the best stead superstar you know.
Speaker 3: So but come on, let's Christian Ponder was unbelievable. I was that was terrible.
Speaker 1: When when that happened, I must spit out by drink and I'm not even a Viking.
Speaker 2: Fit was like.
Speaker 8: Christian exactly, Come on, the guy. The guy was a mediocre college play. So how did he go for number four in that class?
Speaker 3: Each is?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 8: I guess you know, yeah, I guess you know, we make mistakes made. It probably was the first going around. It was his first going around probably, so now he probably understands, you know, and I say, everybody say Justin Jefferson, I mean Justin Fields. Honestly, I wanted Justin Fields over Zach Wilson that year because I think a lot of like that. That blew my mind. So he picked him over Justin Phields. Like Justin Fields played much more competitive. Justin Phillis bowled out. He had a better college career, you know, of course he had the Olives and Garret Wilson and I've been seeing some some Olive uh, chance to get traded over here.
Speaker 1: I heard about that NFL him with Garret Wilson.
Speaker 8: Baby, yeah, I would I would love that because that that would open up the field so much, specially for briest Hale. And I say, if we happen to get a tight end like a Tyler Lawren, Tyler Wawren having everything and it seams off the middle, that would be dangerous. That would be dangerous. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I would love that pick.
Speaker 8: I would love love stuff fast.
Speaker 1: A little scary. So I hope he's healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the only thing.
Speaker 8: But the guy can run every route, every route, the route tree, Chris.
Speaker 3: You know he catches the ball.
Speaker 8: We know he's dangerous in open fields, so you know, none different Gary Wilson and Gara Lson get the ball in open field, can make a guy missed and gain you know, extra yards. You know, another yat guy. But what what what's going on with I'm trying to think we do that. What's gonna happen with Malaco Corley?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no ties to this current coaching staff, so I mean they could just cut him, but hopefully they see some talent there. They could try to maximize it. Obviously, the attitude was a bit of a problem for the New York Jets too, So I hope so it would suck to just waste a pick like that, just burn it, light it on fire, and we get nothing out of it. So I hope this new coaching staff can sort of, you know, get the juice out of the orange there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but see if if they really like got the mindster like I know what, because Philly showed you you gotta be strong intentious, that's no doubt, that's that's a promise. Sample you see that they were strong on both sides. And my thing, I'm looking like, why the hell would they put Makay back in that guard? I thought they would have did that because I think him and Avt and at the guard positions would have would have been so dominated.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, it's great. I am so proud and happy for Mackay that he's matured and then he became a guard. He's a super Bowl champion for the rest of his life, no matter what happened, to always have the Super Bowl champion. I mean, he tweeted it out. I'm a left tackle. I don't think Mackay said as the Jets never asked him to move to guard, but I think that's all. It's all semantics. I think if they would have asked him to move to guard, he would have told them to blow me because they had a bit that a terrible relationship. So you know, he could say that and then it looks bad in the Jets. I just feel like it was as a bad fit. Makay didn't like the Jets, the Jets coaching staff didn't like him, and it just turned to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think that because you know, guy's a massive me was fulling the pans. I think he would he was too slow to keeping up with these edge rushers. That's what I feel put him in the middle. I thought they're gonna put you moveing to guard and you know, and let it work out that way because he's too slow. He can't came up with guys like the the Michael Paul says, you know in the show, you know he's too his step is like too slow.
Speaker 1: If I'm a kay, I'm resigning with the Eagles. I don't give a shit if it's less money. He found something there. Scotland's a Grado line coach. I don't give a ship someone offers me if I want him to have the longest career and chance for championships, all that ship. If I'm a Kay, I'm like, hey, hey, he goes, how much is it gonna cost. Let's sign a deal right now, let's lock it in. That's what I would do if I'm a KAY.
Speaker 8: And we'll see and it's like they gotten for pennies they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was They're cheap.
Speaker 8: So wow, them to go there and get a championship, which is like unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Immediately a year after leaving the Jets, Yeah, that's it as well.
Speaker 8: So I'm just I'm just saying, like, I hope you know they know, let's go in the trenches, which I believe if they golden trenches on the defensive side, because you need some my opposite of Quinning hands down.
Speaker 2: Oh we've needed that for years many.
Speaker 3: I think I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't think they really passed on Mason Mason Grahams did. I don't think they're passing.
Speaker 1: On I hope not. I hope he saw on the board. To be honest with you, n Y J k O, I hope we get Mason Graham. That would be that'd be fun if we trade back at Tyler Warren again, I've been very open. I'd love that. That would be intriguing to me or Mason Graham. Either way would be awesome. Shout out to the six hundred people in the room like the video hit this hit subscriber. I appreciate the people that enjoy the show after the fact that are unable to get up with us early in the morning. Well, thanks everybody for tuning in again. We'll be sending out this mock draft on the YouTube community channel. If you missed the show, you guys can react to it there and also on Twitter as well. Thanks everybody for tuning in. I'm headed off to the radio station. We will see you tomorrow morning for Boy Green Daily again. Darren Moogie and Aaron Glenn both speak tomorrow live from Indianapolis at noon and twelve fifteen at the podium. That should be streaming live on all the New York Jets social media platforms, and then we'll be reacting to those comments at three o'clock excuse me tomorrow. Thanks everybody. Special shout out to the coffee Club. Let's go, baby, God bless We'll see you soon.