Speaker 1: Hi, Hello, and welcome into a special Monday edition of FFPC Insider Access live here on the FFPC Socials. My name is Eric Balkman, your host for the evening. You can connect with me on the X at Eric Balkman. That's E R I C BA LKMAM, just like how it says right down here on the screen. Of course, you know me from the Rodovus High Stakes Lowdown, the High Stakes Fantasy Football Our, the Fantasy Football Players Championship and HSFF our Extra Reps. I'll bring in my co host for this evening on April twentieth here. Shortly before we get to that, it is Draft week, ladies and gentlemen. I want to remind everybody that we did just launch today for the first time in twenty twenty six FFPC Dynasty Empire Startups. The Empire Leagues, as you know, are very exciting something that we introduced back in twenty twenty four where half the kitty is set aside every single year and then once a team the same team wins the league in back to back years, they win the entire Empire pot that has been building up as well as that year.
Speaker 2: Entry.
Speaker 1: You know that year's prizes and then the league disbands and you can find a new Empire league to joint. So we added new startups Empire Startups this year, just today this morning.
Speaker 3: For that.
Speaker 1: We do have about one hundred and fifty orphans still left to go, so if you want to pick up an orphan at super cheap prices, you know, the five hundred through twelve to fifty Dynasty prices for orphans have never been lower than what we've offered right now, so get in on that if you want a good deal. Don't forget that the Never Too Early super Flex Bestball Tournament has now sold out. We sold that out earlier today, but you can still get in the Never Too Early action with the Never two Early Best Ball Tournament. Twenty nine teams are left right now. We basically have four open drafts. One that is drafting tomorrow afternoon, two that are drafting Wednesday, and then one is sort of like a draft day draft starting at four thirty pm Eastern on Thursday. That's it, and then that tournament is sold out, so get in while the getting's good on that forty thousand dollars grand prize with a one hundred and twenty five dollars entry, and we got both gorillas going off right now, the Big Gorilla million dollar grand prize three in a fifty dollars entry, the Seven Bananas and Early Rampage tournament going on right now.
Speaker 2: As well, and then the Baby Gorilla.
Speaker 1: If you have always wanted to play high stakes fantasy football but the barrier to entry was too high, this is only one hundred and twenty five bucks and you could still be eligible for a one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. Sign up today my FFPC dot com, my FFPC dot com. I want to bring in tonight's guest co host, Ladies and Gentlemen. He's been on this show before. He is a stall wart when it comes to Dynasty Fantasy Football. You know him from the Dynasty League Football dot com website as well as the Dynasty League Football podcast. He is a senior writer over at DLF and he is an actual zoo keeper in southern California and one of the most glorious beautiful cities in the world. Please welcome in my good buddy and at Matt Price FF on the X Ladies and Gentlemen, Matt Price, Matt Happy NFL Draft Week to you, sir, how are you.
Speaker 3: Doing doing great man? Really excited for it. A couple of writers and I get together every year for the draft. This will be our seventh year doing it, I think, So get together, you know, watch the draft, gamble on as much things as we can gamble on. Just a complete like nice getaway from real life, a little escape there for next week. So yeah, really looking forward to it and excited to be here. Eric, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Absolutely always a pleasure and utime we can welcome you on. When you say you get together, is this a rotating location or do you guys always congregate in the same spot? How does this work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for a while, we were just picking a different city every year. This is the first time we're going back to a repeat city. We're going to Kansas City this year. We have one person that lives there in that area, and then it's kind of central for all the other guys. I have to get on a plane on the only one, but that's all right. They get to drive, we have to don't have to pay for a rental car, all that kind of stuff. So yeah, we'll probably go to new cities again. But we really kind of realize that we're really there for the draft and to hang out and you know, all the stuff in the city that is super cool that we probably should go out and see. We weren't really doing so just kind of pick the central location this year. We'll see what happened next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Did you guys, Do you guys ever go to the actual city where the draft is or is it never ended.
Speaker 2: Up that way?
Speaker 3: We actually avoid that city, Okay, we're not. None of us are like big crowd kind of people, Like I think it would be fun maybe to go one year, but yeah, not generally we try to avoid that area just to stay away from all of the craziness and prefer to watch it on TV.
Speaker 1: So, so, Matt, when when like, I want to lead off the show by giving you an opportunity to talk about everything you're working on for DLF and everything you do for DLF. But when you guys get together in whatever city you're getting together and to watch the draft, do you and Ryan and Dan do you throw together a podcast throughout the weekend like the Dirt Draft weekend or how did how are you sort of like staggering your your DLF podcast releases yeah.
Speaker 3: We uh, we used to do that the first few years, but the last few we've decided we just want to enjoy the weekend we can together, you know, absorb everything, marinate on what we've seen, and then we we usually end up leaving on Sunday morning, and by that by Sunday night, we're working on the podcast for that week. So I would expect that to be out Sunday night. Yeah, And when we did, we did a rookie report every week leading up to this. We covered like forty eight rookies something like that this season. So we start pretty much right up for the Super Bowl with the rookie talk and prospecting and go all the way up to the most recent show, which was just just yesterday. In fact, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Hear the term Christmas thrown out when.
Speaker 2: It comes to me. Do you, as a Dynasty League football og, do you view this? Is that an appropriate moniker? Is this Christmas time for you?
Speaker 3: Matt? Yeah, we get we get I think we get a few of those in the Dynasty community. We you know, we get the Draft Day, we get the kickoff of a week one of the season, of course, and then you know, I think I think maybe the the final week of the fantasy season is also a little bit of a Christmas morning because we get a little bit of a break before we get into the the rookie talk for the next season, right, So we've got a few of them, but the draft is definitely one of them. It's just so amazing to be able to find a group of people a community that you know, is as sick about this stuff as I am. Like, there's not a lot of people in my real life. In fact, I probably think there's one maybe that would want to sit down all day and watch a man stand up at a ponium and read names off right. But when you find those people that are just as into it as you and let you really kind of express yourself and get all of the crazy things, all of the thoughts, all of the you know, stuff that's going on in the league out of your head at once, and it's just really nice to be able to come together and talk to people that are just as crazy about it as you are.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, Matt and I promised the viewers we will get into fantasy football.
Speaker 2: The draft last year was in Green Bay, which is my neck.
Speaker 3: Of the woods.
Speaker 1: It was about a twenty five minute drive northeast for me to get up there, and I was up there for every single pick.
Speaker 2: Sunday.
Speaker 1: I met my buddy, who is actually a high school girls basketball coach in Charlotte and he is from the area, so we went up there. We watched Sunday and he's a big talker fanaglar like he's sweet talk to everybody all the way up to matt I was sitting third rope on Saturday. Ex It was unbelievable, right, and I had it in my mind that somehow I was going to be able to announce one of the pack picks before the That's a grand minding. But it was so surreal being up there, you know, like you've been following the draft for decades I have, you know, to be up there, it did feel a little like a semi semi It felt like a semi religious experience, you know, like where you're close to It was very, very cool, and I wish everybody attending in person and Pittsburgh enjoy it. I've attended three drafts in person now, two in Chicago, one in Green Bay. If it ever comes back to the Midwest, I'll probably go to it again.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it was great.
Speaker 2: Man Like it was uh Friday night. I went up by myself.
Speaker 1: All my friends were either too hungover or my kids didn't want to come up with My kids were up there or my kid my son was up there with me on Thursday and he didn't want to come back to It was awful weather. It was rainy and cold or whatever. But I pushed my way to the front of like sort of like the the where the unwashed are behind the fence, and I got on. It was either NFL network or ESPN, I don't know, but good l was was coming by and shaking hands.
Speaker 2: So I got on with with Rogerdell, which was very very cool. It was it was. It was a great experience.
Speaker 1: And if you are an NFL fan, it is you know, when it comes by where you are at or close to where you're at, give it a shot.
Speaker 2: I think you'll have a good time.
Speaker 3: Okay, O, good.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Let's get into it tonight.
Speaker 1: Coming up on tonight show, Matt Price and I are going to get into everything going around the NFL as far as rumors reported rumors for the NFL Draft and how it's affecting some veterans and much more. We will get into rookie spotlights tonight. We will tackle Omar Cooper Junior. For sure, I want to get into the Bells. I have not spent enough time on Chris and Skyler Bell. Get into that with Matt tonight, and then we'll go to running backs. I for sure want to touch on Emma Johnson, Nick Singleton. We'll get into Judaian Price as well as the quarterbacks in Mendoza and Simpson, and that'll be our NFL Draft preview here on FFPC Insider Access. I'm going to lead things off tonight, Matt with something that is that came down on the pipe with in regards to the number three pick, and I'd love to know how you feel about this. So Schefter posted I think it was this morning, or maybe it was late last night, that the Cardinals have had calls about trading the number three overall pick in the draft. Now, those calls he defined as exploratory in nature. What I think is fascinating about this is we have heard this drum beat about Jeremiah Love potentially going to Arizona at three, despite them already having Tyler Algeer on the roster who they signed in free agency, and then restructuring James Connor's contract to keep him on the roster this year and still having you know, what are they, you know, two years removed, one year removed from drafting Trey Benson as well. Not only do I not understand this, I don't think it's great management for your roster if you're Arizona, But we have to kind of throw that out the window. Understanding some teams at the draft. Some teams don't get the draft, and that's fine. We have to adjust as fantasy players. Now, if the Cardinals are going to deal this pick, it would be very interesting to see who would move up. Washington coming up from seven to three, New York coming up from five to three. We've heard that two of the teams that were rumored to be discussing a trade for this pick were Kansas City and New Orleans, but both of them reportedly would be coming up not for love, but for a defensive player whoever, you know, between Reese and Bailey, whoever's left they would come up and grab. My question to you is does the draft start at three and how significant do you think landing spot will be for a talent like Jeremiah Love who you know, arguably, I mean, we've heard reports Matt that he is the number one player in the draft on a lot of people's draft boards, and what would this do. I mean, honestly, the likelihood of him going to the Giants' is probably less than fifty to fifty, but it's growing by the day. Your thoughts as it stands right now as a Dynasty player on where you'd like to see Jeremiah Love go and where realistically you think he is going to go in on Thursday in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. You know, we've had a lot of steam the last couple of weeks, especially that he's almost a lock for number four to Tennessee, which you know is a similar situation with Arizona in terms of a team building perspective. I'd say Tennessee is maybe a little bit more ahead than Arizona is. At least they have, you know, presumably the quarterback in place. Arizona will be searching for that, and I think if Arizona was to trade back, you know, that would probably be because they want to address that quarterback position, but they don't certainly don't need to take someone like tysonsin at three, they could do that, you know, with a later pick in the first or certainly early in the second, I think he might be there as well. I think the next next one you're looking at would be the Giants. You know, there's been some steam that he would go there, But also that kind of doesn't make a lot of sense with cam Skataboo and you know, Tyrone Tracey. I guess you could you could argue that they could use some more superstar talent there, maybe the maybe John Harbaugh coming in. You know, he has no real ties to cam Scataboos, so maybe he's not going to show any loyalty there and would be happy to take a talent like love. In terms of ideal landing spot, I'd really like it to be Washington, just because there is just nothing there, you know. That said, if he was to land in Tennessee or or Arizona, I guess I really don't think the Arizona what's going to happen? But Tennessee or the New York Giants seemed like the most likely if it's not going to be a team that trades up. You know, both of those places they do have competition, but We've seen that happened to top backs before. You know, say, uh Bjon came in with with Tyler Algier at just coming off a thousand yard season, it didn't really matter. You know. You can say that Jon's a hair above Love is a prospect. That's fine, you can say that, but I would I would argue they're in that same kind of elite tear. Any of those running backs that go in that top ten range of the draft are typically just going to get a ton of workload regardless of who is on the roster at the point. And the same with Tennessee, right like you have you obviously have Pollard and Spears there, but those guys don't seem like it would be too hard to move on from. So yeah, I think he is no matter where he goes, he's gonna be the top guy. The only argument you could really make for a place like Arizona or Tennessee, I think is that you're just trying to put butts in the seat with an exciting player. So Washington is my ideal spot, but you know, probably is going to go before seven least is looking that way.
Speaker 1: Do you do you feel like there is something we should be doing with our Cam Scataboo with our Tyler l Zier shares right now in dynasty leagues before the NFL Draft, or would you be taking more of a Stan Pat and see what happens Thursday night approach?
Speaker 3: I I mean, I feel like at this point you're the move that move was you know, months ago, if maybe weeks ago, but probably more like months ago. Like at this point, everyone kind of sees the riding on the wall and you're probably gonna get less for those guys than you would have, right Like, especially someone like Skatabo is so young, you know, like what are you gonna get for him? Are you gonna even get a second round pick for him? At this point? Like people are just gonna wait and see. And you know, he put up such a great season before injury last year that I probably wouldn't do that. And then in Arizona, I mean I expected Al was here to get a lot more interest on the free agent market than he did it in up signing a very low low value contract with the Cardinals, who already have James Connor coming back and Trey Benson intol like you mentioned right, and Tredy Benson's window kind of kind of closed. I think last year, right, he had that opportunity when Connor went down, but then he got hurt himself. So yeah, it's just you know, I just don't think it's really going to affect his workload. No matter where he lands, whether it's in Washington or a place with no talent there or a place that has a little bit of talent like Tennessee and the Giants, there will.
Speaker 1: A lot of be There will be a lot of people puckered in the top ten Dynasty owners. Matt when we were watching obviously, and I'm with you, I think I want him to go to Washington, right, But like quite frankly, there's gonna be a lot of people rooting against New York. We had Adam Han always just checking in right now that Jerry Jones is going to trade up with the two first round out to go up and get Jeremi Love right after they signed Javonte Williams, which would certainly raise the blood pressure of a lot of Dynasty owners out there. I think that is going to be the most fun thing to watch in the first round. As far as running backs go, We'll get it to the wide receivers in a second before we move off Arizona. I do want to bring this up here. Ian Rappaport reported that Jacoby Brissett is not attending Phase one of the offseason program. He's asking for an extension that pays him as a starter. Brissett has one year left on his deal. He's set to earn just over nine million dollars in twenty twenty six, but only a million and a half.
Speaker 2: Matt is going to be guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Last season as a refresher thirty three hundred yards, twenty three touchdowns, eight picks, and he's expected to start the year as the starting quarterback as Arizona. Monte Asin Ford, who is the GM in Arizona, said that the team is not really naming anybody as their starting quarterback this offseason, and certainly I don't think you'd find anybody that would say Brissett is the long term answer here, but he would be a great bridge quarterback. It's sort of like what he's done over the course of his career. The Cardinals did sign Gardner Minshew and Matt. I didn't look this up, but I know I read somewhere that Minshew is actually making more money this year than Jacoby Brissett, which maybe is part of the reason why Brissette's holding out here. But what this comes back to is ty Simpson. Because Simpson, we found out, is gonna be invited to the festivities on Thursday night. The NFL this doesn't invite players, you know, for them to sit in the green room like Aaron Rodgers in two thousand and five. They invite them there so they can be part of the moment and be drafted. So to me, it's gonna be sort of a foregone conclusion that Simpson's gonna be taken on Thursday night. And I can't remember who said it, might have been Jeremiah or Yates or somebody posted an act that it's a foregone conclusion that that Simpson is going to be a cardinal. So what do you I mean? This is maybe this is more of a best ball question than the dynasty question, but you can answer it in a dynasty format. Brissette versus Minshew versus Simpson. Do we need to start handling Simpson as if he's going to be a cardinal? And then at what point do you think Simpson, if he is drafted by Arizona, at what point does he take over this season as the starter, because that's gonna affect a lot of people on how they're handling these guys in Best Ball drafts. Not only in Best Ball drafts, but in dynasty leagues as well as The Arizona quarterback room is very nebulous right now.
Speaker 3: Matt, Yeah, I mean if he does end up there, then I don't imagine he would have to wait more than like half a season. Now. I kind of think it's going to be the same for Mendoza. I'd be surprised if they don't start at least half of the season. Right But you know, Jacoby Brissette is not like a He's not a nobody. Like he ignited the Cardinals offense last year didn't result in many wins, but like the offense came alive under him last season. He's currently making, you know, not guaranteed money, but the total contract is about six point two five million. Mention is five point seventy five million, and you know that's way less than other starting quarterbacks. In fact, Davis Mills is making more than and Marcus Mariotte is making more than an Anthony Richards is making more than them. So he should go out there and you know, look for like a My guess is he'd be looking for like a fifteen to twenty million dollar contract, right, something in that range seems fair that that would put him up and the like the twenties kind of range. Justin Fields is making twenty millions dollars this year. That's a different situation, of course, based on his final his last contract. But yeah, I think Arizona they're most likely is they're going to trade back. I think I think they are going to target him. But another option I think that's out there is Tampa Bay. I think you got to think that they're looking for their next quarterback unless they're going to pay Baker. I think he has one year left on his deal, so they're going to be a team that's looking to do that. And if if Arizona was wanting to trade back up, let's say they move the back from the three and get I don't know somewhere a pick somewhere in the top ten to fifteen, pick up another one on top of that, and then use their thirty fourth overall pick the second pick in in the second round. Combine that with the move back up somewhere in the first to get Simpson. That if they felt like they needed to do that, and the team is probably likely to want to do that anyway to pick up that fifth year contract right a fifth year option on the contract rather, so yeah, you know, half a season, it'd be nice to see what he has. We don't really have a clear idea yet. I guess if we think Arizona is tanking or not. I don't know how you feel about that. I kind of feel like they are, but you know, they don't really want to see that. So Prissette, it really is that perfect bridge quarterback. He's already been Therey pay on the extension. Go get your quarterback of the future, and if your competitive halfway through the season with Prissette, stick with it, and if not, bring in the rookie and see what you got. So you know what you have going into twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: I can't remember where I read it, but somebody was reporting that Austin fort was drafting like the Cardinals were. We're going to be more drafting heavily with twenty twenty six in mind rather than twenty twenty seven, but the crop could be richer. Interesting that well, to me, that suggests that this is like this is Austin Ford is is kind of like drafting for his job, right. They just hired a new head coach, Lafleur is going to be safe for at least this year, probably next year as well. But I think that's interesting to see how the I mean, like the Cardinals kind of holding that number three pick and knowing what their running back room looks like right now, and knowing what they're trying to do this year, and at least what Austin Ford's trying to do to save his job. I think it's going to be fascinating to watch in that first tap ten, especially Matt, if what you're saying or if what you had mentioned comes true and the Cardinals do trade down to see what they do perhaps with multiple first round picks this year, would they get somebody on offense and defense? Would they go defense with both of them? Would they go defense and Simpson?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's one of the things what we'll be watching for on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Pittsburgh, and Rapaport further had more reporting on this going on earlier this morning that the Steelers do not expect to receive any kind of word from Aaron Rodgers prior to the NFL Draft about what his playing future is going to be. The Steelers open mini camp one week from today, and Will Howard will be the team's QB one, assuming Rogers does not come back, because I can't believe anybody that they're drafting in twenty twenty six would be ahead of Will Howard on the draft chart. Mike McCarthy said, quote, it would be a great story end quote if he were to reunite with his Super Bowl winning quarterback Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. They were together in Green Bay for thirteen years before McCarthy was fired. Rogers will be forty two at the start of the season. He threw for thirty three hundred and twenty four touchdowns and seven picks. Last year, Rogers was one hundred and forty six year or tallied one hundred and forty six yards, no touchdowns and a pick in the twenty four point loss to the Houston Texans in the playoff. This year, I would imagine, regardless Matt of what Aaron Rodgers decides to do, Pittsburgh would probably take a chance on one of these guys like Carson Beck or Drew Aller to see what Mike McCarthy can.
Speaker 2: Do with them, you know.
Speaker 1: And Jerry Dulac, who is the big time Steelers beat rider, he said it's unlikely that they would take one before the third round, knowing how we have seen quarter Like I think back to a couple of years ago when we had all those quarterbacks go in the top fifteen with Williams and May and McCarthy and Pennix and Daniels and all those guys. We didn't see another receiver or a quarterback take until the fourth round, Like it was crazy, right, And we could see a similar drop off this year where Aler or beck Er, you know, Cole Payton or the ke nuss Meyer is another one. Green ont Arkansas would be another guy that we could see going the fourth round, maybe to Pittsburgh. And Mike McCarthy has said he sometimes gets more excited about floor for these guys rather than ceiling, which I think is kind of an interesting quote. But in regards to the Steelers, let's forget all about that. Let's talk about this year for dynasty. I'm thinking about guys like DK Metcalf, Pat Fryer, Movement, Hittman, knowing that Rogers still has not given it. I mean like, for the longest time I was drafting Bestball teams, Matt assuming Rogers is going to be back. The fact that he hasn't let him know yet, maybe I'm overreacting to that, But now I'm starting to get a little bit nervous, not necessarily about Rogers coming back, but what it's going to do to the rest of the Steelers offense. We can throw Jalen Warren in there as well. Your level of concern right now about these Steelers pass catchers knowing the sort of unknown at the QB one.
Speaker 2: Position right now, Ian Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I mean, even if we're mean, my base case is that Rogers is coming back. It's just, you know, these veterans, these these super older veterans, they don't want to do mini camp and all that stuff, right They they don't need it, at least according to them, you know. They they want to wait until it's it's game time basically, right And I just kind of feel that's what Rogers is doing. I think that the Mike McCarthy signing probably had a lot to do with trying to get Rogers back. So yeah, I'm I'm operating that Rogers is going is going to be there. If not, then yeah, we're we're we certainly have very very little fantasy assets that we're looking at, although I'm not sure how excited we are with them. Even with Rogers in to he can certainly, you know, support at least one fantasy target, you know, more than that is up for debate. To me, his favorite target will be somebody like Michael Pittman, who's going to offer easy throws over the middle. At his advanced age, you know, he could still chuck it downfield if he wants to, which is more of Dk Metcalf's game. But the fantasy consistency from a player like Metcalf, I think is going to be a lot more in question this season, with Rogers or without. And then they've also been tied to a tight end in the draft. They've been rumored to be interested in basically all of the tight ends, despite having Darnel Washington and Pat Fryar moved there another They've also got Rico Dowbell. So you mentioned Jalen war and I kind of think Rico Dowbell might be the lead back this year. Again, another tie to McCarthy back from the Dallas days. He's I think he specifically brought him in. Caleb Johnson is there, but I don't I don't know if anybody is still his faith and and Caleb at this point. So, yeah, there's there's stuff to work with there. It's just are we even that excited if Rogers is back about this offense? I think you if you want to take shots, you take shots on one of the one of the wide receivers. Uh and maybe one of the running backs for me would be Pittman and Dowdell. But yeah, there's not a lot of excitement in the Pittsburg offense from a fantasy standpoint this year in my opinion.
Speaker 1: The uh So, So if you had like metcalf or Pittman or Firearmouth or anybody like that, would you feel more of a compulsion to sell at this point?
Speaker 2: Matt Or is this not moving the need for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean again, just it always depends on what you can get. If you have somebody that still believes one of those two receivers is worth the first round pick, I'm jumping on that all day, even if it's a late first in this year's class. I feel like, I know we're going to get into the rookies, but I feel like there's a in super flex, there's the tier of like eight to nine guys that you feel really pretty good about, and even outside of that, I think in super flex formats, i'd be willing to move on for those guys if you can get like the one eleven, one twelve kind of range. I'm not sure I would necessarily jump in a second round pick for them, because I think they are going to be productive assets. But yeah, they're probably they're probably holds. Like I can't imagine any Steeler at this point generating a ton of excitement for a trade partner.
Speaker 1: You know, this guy still might generate some interest as far as dynasty trading partners go. Right now, AJ Brown Schefter came out and Matt, I don't know, like to me, like, it was nice to hear him come out with this report today, but I kind of was already operating under this scenario here. Schefter reporting that Philadelphia trading AJ Brown to the New England Patriots quote is now considered likely. The Eagles will also, like the Steelers, begin their workout program on Monday, it's not expected to have AJ Brown in attendance. According to Mike Carafalo from NFL network. Brown has long been rumored to be a player not in the Eagles twenty twenty six plans, and also long to be a long rumor to be a member of the New England Patriots for the twenty twenty six campaign. Talks have stalled. That could be because Philadelphia's weighing their options. New England maybe doesn't want to over commit. I don't know, but I would imagine based on the reporting that's come out about this, I don't think we see anything until after June first, and especially if it comes after June first, Philly can split the forty million dollar cap hit between this year and next year, which is something I'm sure they would like to do rather than taking on a forty million dollars cap hit this season. When you consider how you've been managing your Dynasty League teams, Matt, when the ones that have Eagles on it, the ones that have Patriots on the specifically pass catchers and throwers Jalen Hurts, Drake may, Romeo.
Speaker 2: Dobs, DeVonta Smith, that of those kind of guys.
Speaker 1: Have you already been you know, basically treating these guys as if A. J. Brown's a Patriot or are you not willing to go that far quite yet.
Speaker 3: I Again, I think that is probably my base case. It's just there's too much smoke on this right and it just seems like it's it's it's a lot to happen. AJ Brown's not happy. There seems to be some kind of dysfunction with the with the Eagles offense right now. So it seems like there was that quote that they think that that Devonte Smith could basically do what JSN did last year if they were able to clear that spot for him. They've been making moves like acquiring Hollywood Brown and then last week or the week before bringing in a Wicks from Tavia Wicks from the Packers. He could fill that kind of ins and kind of roll for them. So it seems like they are preparing for this already and that it's a lot to happen. So I think it's an upgrade for for aj Brown. He's going to go to a team where he's going to be the clear alpha, and presumably they would want him to be the clear alpha. Romeo Dubbs can still be that reliable target just like he was with the Packers as well. But I think this is a slam dunk for both sides, so it seems a lot to happen. I do want to throw out the Eagles offense a little bit to you, Eric and see how you feel about that, because it seems like with Sean Mannion coming in, who again you're familiar with from the Packers, is going to come in and kind of change things up with with Jalen Hurts and make him do a lot of under center stuff, a lot of RPO stuff so that in the past he's not wanted to do. He's a quarterback that wants to operate out a shotgun, you know. So the Philadelphia offense outside of DeVante Smith, who I am trying to acquire every rail right now, you know, it feels a little bit squeaky all the way around, right Like, it just doesn't feel good. Like I still like Hurts as a top five six option because of the running and the rushing and stuff like that, but even that was down last year. So if he can't get on the same page with this new play caller, you know, I can't imagine it's worse than with Kevin Patoula last year, but if they're not on the same page, it could be a rocky season again. For the Eagles.
Speaker 2: So regarding Manion, this is a dude who was playing.
Speaker 1: In the NFL mat in twenty twenty three, playing in the NFL twenty twenty three. He's thirty three years old. And I don't want to like oversimplify it. I don't know Jalen Hurts, I don't know the locker room. I've never been in a professional football locker room, so I can only speculate. But to me, it is interesting to think about a dude coaching another dude and calling plays who was in the league three years ago, who has had NFL experience, who's worked under some pretty talented coaches and play callers, right, And I wonder. And I don't want to overrate the impact of Manyon to Philadelphia, but I feel like this is something that could not only be impactful for us as fantasy players, but that Eagles locker room, specifically Jalen Hurts as well. Time will tell on that, but I know that a lot of people who have had Sean Manyon as part of their coaching staff have raved about him and talked about Now, maybe this is a year or two early, or maybe he's not quite ready, But I don't know. With all these other younger offensive coordinators having a lot of success early on. I feel like this is really good for Philadelphia. And we also have to consider just natural regression, right that the Eagles offense was so bad last year and so inefficient last year, can it really be that inefficient again, even if you don't have aj Brown, If you have them on to Smith, I think Wis is a guy who when he was healthy, was really really good in Green Bay. I think Goddard is underrated from a redraft standpoint this year as well. And I also think too that you're going to probably see Philadelphia. I said this in the FFPC Dynasty email that went out today. I think you're going to see Howie Roseman take a long look at the wide receiver position both on Thursday night and Friday night of the draft this year, and you could see a guy who's maybe not contributing right away, but maybe at the very end of this twenty twenty sixth season, you're gonna see Goddard, Smith, Barkley, and you know, fill in the blank rookie being big contributors in this offense. So yeah, I'm on board with the Eagles offense this year. I'm very excited to see what they do now. The DeVonta Smith thing is is interesting because I don't think he'll get to what Smith and Jigma did this past year. But yeah, yeah, I mean, but not only he has to at that point, like if he if he puts up you know, eighty percent of that or seventy five percent of that. You're right, you should still be looking to acquirement anywhere you can get in dynasty. But I would imagine, Matt if you have been looking to do this, you're paying the iron price for him right now. It's not cheap to acquire Devanta Smith. I think that everybody understands like what is happening now, and at this point it's gonna be tough to get him on your team, I think, and even by the way I think that you will talk. I mean you could talk to smart FFPC dynasty owners out there that are willing to pay a dollar ten or a dollar fifteen on the dollar right now for DeVonta Smith to acquire him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, the prices are kind of all over the place. I would say as a baseline, you're probably going to be offering you know, a late late first, a contenders first, and maybe another pick, either a second or something next season. We do have a tool at DLF, the DALF Dynasty Trade Finder, which pools actual trades from from fantasy leagues, and you know, the prices are kind of all over the place. You have one that happened a couple of days ago, DeVante Smith for both Matthew gold Matthew Golden and Emmanuel Wilson. Then you're running back in Seattle, another another X packer, you know, a super flex format Gino Smith and a few and a first round pick for Devontae Smith Sam Darnold straight up for Devonte Smith in a super flex league. So you know, I think the prices are fairly reasonable if you've got capital to spend it at other positions, you can get there. If you want to throw in your late first on top of that, and that's that's the price I'd be willing to pay. I would easily pay a first and a second this year to grab him. So if you can get to that level from your roster, the combination of players and picks, I think you have a chance of requiring him, and I think he's worth at that level once you get to the two first kind of valuation that's when i'd start to probably pull back a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's exactly I was just gonna say the same thing, like I don't think they give up two first form, but I am a go get your guy type, a dynasty player, and if you like Smith, it's hard for me to disagree unless you're really overpaying.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to disagree with like going out.
Speaker 1: And getting a guy who does have you know, a like, what what do you view as his ceiling this year? One hundred and twenty catches, sixteen hundred yards and fourteen touchdowns. Does that sound accurate for his ceiling?
Speaker 3: That seems maybe a little bit high based on what they you know, what the Eagles offense have done in the past, with still having Barkley, still having a running quarterback, you know. But you know, I think I think in that range, I think I think he definitely has like top five fantasy wide receiver upside and his range.
Speaker 1: So yeah, speaking of top five fantasy wide receiver, I'm hoping, and like I shouldn't say I'm hoping because I haven't had any of my rookie drafts yet, but this is a guy I think I'm going to be drafting a lot because of how much I've liked him so far. I know, I own him on a lot of bestball teams. And that's Jordan Tyson, the rookie receiver out of Arizona State man Nick Underhill who covers the Saints for New Orleans Dot.
Speaker 2: Football I think is the name of the website.
Speaker 1: But he believes he's probably gonna be drafted in the top ten of the NFL draft this year. Now you think about going back to what was it, was it Friday? He had this private workout for all these teams, and it sounds like he passed it with flying colors. To me, if he's going in the top ten, the NFL is saying, at which I've been saying all along, I'm not putting too much stock into the injuries that have happened over the course of his career. Collar bone to me is kind of freakish. I know he had the Holy or the Unholy Trinity of acl tears in twenty twenty two or whatever it was, but it seems like he's rebounded from that. I'm not, you know, a total ostrich in the sand. I understand that the hamstring issues are still a concern, but we have seen players with soft tissue injuries in college. Once they get to the pros, they're sort of a thing of the past. And I'm not saying that's gonna be the case with Tyson, but I understand the range of outcomes here where they could be. Tyson could be drafted number eight overall to the New Orleans Saints. They hosted him not this past Friday, but the Friday before that in New Orleans. Tyson was described by Underhill this is quote by far, the most talented wide receiver in this whole entire class, and that he would be quote unquote enticon for New Orleans to draft him in the first round. Underhill also said, now that the Giants have two top ten picks at five and ten, Tyson could go five if they wanted to go with the Tyson route as opposed to the Tait route or the Styles route or the Love route, like whatever the Giants want to do at five, that's gonna be really compelling to watch you But Tyson going in the top ten, I think the biggest thing for me, man is if he goes in the first top ten picks. The NFL is saying, like, we believe in this player, we are not condemning him to a career of injuries if they If he gets top ten draft capital, very excited to see what happens with him at the next level. But you weigh in, man, I don't know, maybe you have a completely different opinion on Jordan Tyson as an NFL player. How does he rank with you as far as the rest of the receivers specifically in this class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am not concerned about the injuries really either hamstrings. You know, soft tissue issues are always a thing for wide receivers and they can certainly, you know, take them down for a large window of an NFL season. But after that workout, you know, actually, prior to that workout, I would say, you know, he was falling a bit. He was, you know, starting to be projected in the twenties, and then he went out and showed he's fine. He didn't run the forty or any had like the testing things that you want to see, but he went out and ran twenty twenty five routes whatever it was, and showed his cutting ability and all the stuff that made him an exciting player. And in terms of like the catastrophic d injury, like I don't understand why that's still a big issue for people, because he's already shown that he's come back from that, Like he came back from that and posted two really great seasons in twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five. Right, So to me, he's past that one and he's he's currently my wide receiver two in the class, just behind Carnel Tait, just ahead of Concepcion. So yeah, he's I will be very excited to see him go in the top ten. I've put some you know, I don't know if this is a gambling podcast, but we've put some down on Yeah, we put some bones down on him to go in the six to ten range. I think ten is probably his four. If he makes a pass there, then I'm not sure if somebody's probably coming up to get him if he makes it out of that range. So I've put some money down on the six to ten range for Tyson. I love the player, and I'm not that worried about the injury stuff.
Speaker 1: I was at my local sports book in the state of Wisconsin. Matt we have had our governor sign into not into law yet because I think it has to go through one more level. But Basically, you have to be at a physical sports book in order to place wagers. So I was up at one in Green Bay this past week and I placed a couple of wagers. I went aggressive on this that Jordan Tyson would be the first wide receiver taken in the NFL Draft, and whether that happens or not, I like the odds on it. I got like plus three or four something, But I liked I liked the idea of that because there is and we'll get into Carnel Tatan a little bit, but there's a potential for a semi slide for him. We'll see what happens. Yeah, comfortably in the first half of the first round. But dude, these wide receivers this year, and and I have a macro discussion that we need to open up that wide receiver discussion with in the next segment.
Speaker 2: But I'll get to that in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oscar Delp I want to bring up him right now.
Speaker 2: Met virtually with Houston, met virtually or no.
Speaker 1: He had a top thirty visit with Cleveland, and then he's also had top thirty visits in Tampa with the Chargers, in Minnesota, New England and Baltimore. So he's been all over the place. He started for three years in Georgia. Basically in twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three, he was the other tight end for the Pugs next to brock Bauers. He never really took a significant step forward in the offense. And he's a good he has good size, he is an athlete for the tight end position.
Speaker 2: I'm curious as to what you think he's going to be at the next level.
Speaker 1: Is this a guy that we can ignore in fantasy drafts or is this a guy in rookie drafts and in dynasty leagues that you want to have, Like is he the perfect And this is kind of how I'm viewing him right now, so this is the leading question. But is he sort of like that third tight end you want on your dynasty roster that has like, you know, let's say twenty two man rosters. Is he that perfect third tight end you want to have marinate as a future top ten, top maybe even top five talent and in his uh in his heyday or at his peak in the NFL, I'm curious as to what you think about Oscar delps NFL ceiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I it's hard it's it just feels like a real big projection right now. If he lands in a good spot where he's gonna be uh with tight ends, I kind of I really want them to be a top two target on their offense right to really provide any kind of consistent fantasy value. The third option on the offense is fine, but you're probably going to be looking at some some bad weeks here and there, and that's that's most of the position if we're being honest in terms of this year's where he's at in this year's class, you know, he's it's such a strange class because outside of like Sam Rausch, they're like all just you know, six three two forty. It seems like all of them are six six six forty, you know, all all the way up to Sadik Rights, who six three two forty one at the combine. So he's he's got some athleticism too. The I guess the concerning part for me with him would be that he didn't take a step forward after he after both Bowers and lad mcconkeey moved on, you know, like a once those two big prospects moved on, you would think that the production jumps up and it just didn't really do that used in line a lot you know, pretty good blockers, so he will be on the field. I think some of the concern with the light the light tight ends and the in terms of weight and size in this class is will they be on the field enough to both block and and and and be able to leak out for receptions and things like that. With Delp, but he's proven he can do that, so I think it's more likely that someone like him than I don't know, like a Justin Jolie or people are really into into Michael Trigg, who I like quite a bit too. But these are players that, you know, not are not the accomplished blocker that an inline player that that Oscar Delp is. So yeah, he's right in that mix. I would say, I think it's for me, it's it's the deck, it's Tours, and then maybe Claire is the third guy, and then after that, you know, pick your faceavorite player out of these. Raush is interesting just because of the size. He just presents such a different kind of archetype than the rest of the tight ends in this class, So that would be considered that would be considered at the top of your rookie drafts or in the I guess I would say the second third round of the fourth round of your rookie drafts.
Speaker 1: How do you this is a good question, like from a widescope level, how do you weigh these tight ends that come in that are the like Stours is a perfect example, insane athlete, great pass catcher. We saw reports, I think it was last week that some teams want to make him a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: At the next level out a tight end.
Speaker 1: How do you waste some of these guys that are so athletic, that are so talented running routes and catching the football, but have very little blocking chops to them. You know, we've heard the no block, no rock. You know several times over there's plenty of NFL teams that will not put tight ends on the field that cannot block. So knowing that when you come into the NFL draft, is it just the team by team base or when you know because like when a player gets drafted and you know how great he can be from a fantasy standpoint, but you also know that his NFL upside is limited because NFL teams will not want to put that player on the field on running plays, and if he's on the field only on passing plays, obviously that kind of neuters the upside a little bit because defenses know what's coming. Matt, how do you weigh that with those specific players really talented pass catchers but not a whole lot of blocking in the run game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really hard because we you know, these are the type of players that I fall for, Like I was all in in pits and kind of still am. So we'll have him on a bunch of teams paid way too much for him on many of those, right. But we've seen this with with with Kyle Pitts until the end of last season. We've seen this with Dalton kin Kid, who is a player that we know could be more productive from a fantasy standpoint, but can't get on the field for more than sixty percent of the plays. Right. So this year I'm been really trying to dial it back on my excitement over these smaller tight ends that are going to profile as primarily pass catchers. Now, the caveat to that, I think is that we saw such an increased usage of twelve and thirteen personnel with two and three tight ends on the field last season you know, propagated a lot by the McVeigh tree and some other teams, and I think that is going to be something we see a lot more of in twenty twenty six. You know how it is the NFL as a copycat league, so we're going to see more of that. That gives me a little bit of hope for these guys because maybe they're not the best blocker at that position, but there's they're probably a team that drafts them probably will have someone on their team who will play that role for them, allowing them to go out there. It's just are they going to get above that sixty five seventy percent snap threshold where we really need them to be to be consistent you or at least have a chance to be consistent fantasy options. So it remains to be seeing. You kind of have to look at which teams are running a lot of that kind of scheme. You know, the Falcons with Pitts, you know, maybe they're looking for somebody like Rauh so Pits can go out and do that. Whereas the Steelers maybe they're looking at one of these more athletic guys because they have somebody like Friar Moutmouth and Darnel Washington that can play that that blocking role if they need them to. So yeah, it's gonna be a team fit and what that team wants to run, what kind of base kind of offense they want to run. But there's there's a lot of these like undersized pass catching tight ends in this draft that's white so hard after those top two to three guys to really put them in any order before we know landing spots in draft.
Speaker 1: Capital want to touch on Max Claire in a little bit, but before we get to that, Delp's college teammates Zechariah Branch in the news Matt for the wrong reasons arrested for misdemeanor obstruction in Athens this past Saturday. He was in attendance for the Georgia spring game, where his brother is still on the Bulldogs. Branch was booked at one point thirty in the morning on Sunday, released at quarter to four on Sunday. I you know, from the stuff I've read on the internet, which has got to be true, it's it sounds like he wasn't. It wasn't like as nefarious as it as it sounds. And listen in I don't know how you feel about Branch. I'm about to find out. But in all the red flags and the concerns I have with zech RYA Branch, this is not. It pales in comparison with some of the other problems I have with him. Now, he did run, excuse me, a four, three, five forty at the NFL Combine. This is a player that's probably gonna get draft to our Day two draft capital in Pittsburgh this Friday. He ran so many screens, he caught so many passes behind the line of scrimmage, He had so much stuff schemed up for him, And I think, wasn't he correct me if I'm wrong, Matt, wasn't he with Jacoby Lane and Makayle Lemon and USC and then transferred to Georgia. And so this is a guy that's just never really become that guy, which.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with.
Speaker 1: But I'm not fine with taking a guy like that in the second round, even the third round of the NFL Draft. I'm pretty much out on Branch. Not because I don't think he can't be a six. I heard Scott Barrett talking about this from Fantasy Points, like he's he's got an eighty five percent chance of busting and a fifteen percent chance of being Tyreek Kill. Well, there's something to be said about a guy who has a fifteen percent chance of being Tyreek Kill. As far as how you handle the draft, I'm just kind of out on this guy. I think I'm gonna find better ways to spend my draft capital. But I'll pose it to you, Matt, how do you feel about Zachariah Branch And I'll let you weigh in on this arrest too, and how you think that plays in or how you think it's going to play in to his draft capital later on this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this just gives me. I think I'm ware of similar minds here. He was somebody I was already kind of out on. He's my wide receiver sixteen, which is far lower than consistent. I'm I'm not sure where that is lying around, but I would guess it's in the top ten for him. But you said it all just to put some numbers to it, you know, to me, he's a he's a gadget player at the next level. Fifty five percent of his targets came behind the limit. Linus Green, seventy six percent of his targets came within ten yards of the line of scrimmage. Nearly sixty six percent of his career receiving yards came either again behind the line of scrimmage or under ten yards, including thirty nine percent screen rate. His aight hot ranks it in the lowest one percent among receivers since twenty nineteen. So he just wasn't asked to win downfield or even in the intermediate areas of the field. So to me, these speed guys, like they just at the wide receiver position, they often don't work out. And I'm not saying it can't work out. Sure, I would probably not put us fifteen percent chance of him being Tyree Kill, maybe more like five percent or less, just because it's just such a projection. And again I'm not saying you can't do it. It's just I didn't see it, and I'm not going to, you know, take him in the first round of rookie drafts or even probably even second round of rookie drafts, to be honest with you, for that kind of profile. So this is just one more thing on top of it, a top of the profile that he didn't like anyway, and another reason for me to stay out. I guess the silver lining for dynasty managers, maybe not so much people an NFL teams drafting branch, but maybe this calls that causes him to fall unto that point where you know, we haven't talked about it, but the tears are just so big once you get that far where I would be willing to consider branch. So if he does drop until that mid to late third round of dynasty drafts and you just want to throw a dart frow and see what happens with it at that's the point where I would do it. So maybe this news bad news, I guess, kind of pushes him down to that board a little bit too and gives people that do like him a way to acquire him even cheaper.
Speaker 1: The rank on Dynasty League Football dot Com right now he is sixteen among rookie receivers for Zacharo.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're spot on there, right on there, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, and I haven't looked at like adp for like startups or whatever, but I would imagine you're right, man, I think he goes higher than that, not.
Speaker 2: By me or you.
Speaker 3: He was. He was wide receiver eleven and our most recent mocks and that was twentieth overall, So you know, right at the middle end of the second round, it was just still too early for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too early for me as well.
Speaker 1: I It's weird, like I keep you know, I've had a lot of Dynasty experts on this show over the last month and a half, and I keep waiting for somebody to push back on like, you know, my whole I'm out on Zachary Branch.
Speaker 2: Nobody does.
Speaker 1: Everything has kind of been like, yeah, you know, Balky, I'm kind of with you on this. Speaking of Dynasty League Football, I just noticed this, and this is semi breaking news Dynasty League Football dot Com right now, Ken Kelly had this, Jimmy Garoppolo considering retirement. Why well, it seems like this this could be a good ending point for him. We just found out on NFL Insiders tonight that the Rams are expected to extend Matthew Stafford's contract. And while Garoppolo could probably catch I mean not in Arizona anymore because they signed Minshew and certainly anybody can get hurt and Garoppolo could could you know, pop on there. But I think this is really interesting. I don't know if he thought maybe he'd be taking over for Stafford in Los Angeles, and now with this news that they're extending him, maybe he doesn't see that pathway. To me, I look at this is not only a good boon for Matthew stafford dynasty value, but pukin Acua, maybe DeVante Adams to a certain extent as well. I think one of the things that people had a problem with matt about putting Pokin A Coua as their number one dynasty wide receiver was the unknown at quarterback. And now maybe it's more of a known given that the Rams already traded a first round pick for a win Now corner from Kansas City, right, and now they're extending Stafford. This is this is probably good news for pukuin Acua's dynasty value and maybe to a certain extent, Matthew Stafford's and super flex leagues as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. To me, yeah, it definitely solidifies this future. In terms of the quarterback, I would agree with fat he Stafford is a guy that just wants to go out of win titles. He's at that point in the career and if he's still playing well and still feeling good, then why not he You know, he has these nagging back issues that that can cause him to miss certain windows of games every season. You know, it was actually a big topic last offseason and ended up not coming to a fruition.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: In fact, it knocked me off of DeVante Adams and a couple of higher stakes drafts, which was certainly a regret in hindsight. Right. So, yeah, I guess the Puka stuff now that we have to be concerned with. Is he leaning into the knucklehead status off the field? You know, good for him for checking him to the holistic care facility or what it is, but we've seen some questionable behavior for him this offseason and in multiple instances. Right, So hopefully the off the field stuff comes back to he's he's getting the help he needs from a mental health standpoint, and he's going to continue doing what he's been doing since his rookie season. But that would be more of a concern for me at this point than the the Matthew Stafford stuff.
Speaker 1: Far be it for me to make light of what Pooka Nakua is going through right now, but I will. Here's a mouthguard on the field, or at least he should wear a mouth guard.
Speaker 2: On the field.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it is off field like a man.
Speaker 2: I'll bring this up.
Speaker 1: Like when I was in high school and I was a high school baseball player, we had cup checks, and I probably shouldn't be sharing this, but we had cup checks or I would hear my cup at class because I never knew when my baseball coming. It was coming with the baseball bat and I wore it right. Maybe Nikua needs to be the type of person off field where he's wearing the mouthguard as well. Can't bite people in the shoulder when you're wearing a mouth guard, can't make anti Semitic comments when you're wearing a mouthguard, or at least legible or understandable uh anti submitic comics. So that's something that we can look at for and I'm sure Pooka Nakua fantasy owners would love that as well.
Speaker 3: Now, now I have a vision of silence of the lamb and then rolling him out on the dolly, you know, like strapped down with the muzzle on top of his mouth, and they roll him out for NFL games and it's right back to the.
Speaker 2: Pooka lector as it were. We will see if that happens as well. Somebody's already making that Kroc has already made that.
Speaker 1: Matt, now that you said it, all right, The last thing I'm gonna bring up here in this segment we touched on Max Claire and I feel like I don't know about you, and you definitely haven't because you're a Dynasty guy. But I feel like I've probably given him a little short shrift on this show. Max Claire is a guy that I think most people consider is the number three tight end of this draft. I think you would agree that he's the number three tight end of this draft. So far, He's made five Top thirty visits. He's met a bunch with Houston, Tampa, the Rams, Denver, and Carolina too. So Carolina doesn't take Sadik in the first round, certainly they would be in play for Max Clair.
Speaker 2: Maybe on day two.
Speaker 1: At Purdue, he well, I'll say this, and I think it was Jake Seely was talking about this the other day that he bulked up when he went when he transferred from Perdue to Ohio State, and Cely was kind of saying like he was wondering if that kind of sapped his agility, his athleticism a little bit and maybe made marginal improvements as a blocker. Seventy one point six PFF run blocking grade with the Buckeyes last season, which was better than what he got at Purdue in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: But his receiving numbers at Purdue were awesome.
Speaker 1: Now he also at Ohio State had to contend with Carnel Tait and this guy named Jeremiah Smith, who I know nobody's heard about, but wait, wait a year year. But I think Claire is really interesting because, and we talked about I know you were just talking about this on a recent podcast. It is so landing spot dependent on a lot of running backs in this draft, and you mentioned it early at the at the top of the show. After Claire, it kind of pens it's landing spot dependent.
Speaker 2: On a lot of these other tight ends.
Speaker 1: But with Claire, it's interesting because if he gets drafted by a team that wants to use him as more of a pass catcher rather than sort of like, you know, like an every down grunt that occasionally catches passes, that wants to get him back to that pass catcher that he was at Purdue, I'm very, very interested in the fact that there's so many teams interested in him. I think there's something there as well. I think Claire, especially in tight end premium leagues, Claire might be a little bit underrated right now since everybody's talking about Sadik and Stowers and how athletic those guys are. Claire's a guy we can't be sleeping on.
Speaker 3: Right Yeah, I think there is kind of a sizeable gap between Sadiq Stowers level and then to Claire. But he could be He could absolutely end up being the best of the bunch. He seems like a very high floor pick, a very technically sound player. He leads this class and playing out wide at thirteen four percent out wide rate PFF, which is the highest, again, the highest amongst this class. So I don't think you can take the dip of dip in production from Purdue to Ohio State as a negative for him. Again because of the competition, you measure, he was not the guy anymore. He went there presumably to go win a national title, get on a bigger stage, and see what he could do. And you know, he performed admirably under those conditions I was talking about. For fantasy, I want, I want a top two option on the offense. He was not a top two offense off option in this offense. He was the third option and at times the fourth option, So uh yeah, I completely agree with you. A very high floor option anywhere from like the I guess maybe maybe you might have to spring a little higher and tight end freemium leagues. But somewhere in the middle second round, I think you're starting to look at Claire after the second and third tier wide receivers are kind of wrapping up, and you know, the running backs are a whole nother story. But once you get into that middle of second round, Claire is certainly an option worth considering.
Speaker 2: Do you feel confident in saying he gets day true day two draft.
Speaker 3: Capital right now? Yeah? I do, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Listen, we have so many more like I've had. I know people are screaming in their screens right now. I've had this Dynasty guy on and we've talked about aj Brown, and we've talked about Aaron Rodgers of all people, and Jacoby Brissett, which is even worse. I promise you we're going to get into the meat of the conversation here in the second hour with one Matt Price, the zoo keeper from Dynasty League Football, co host of the Dynasty League Football Podcast, contributor to Dynasty League Football at Matt Price ff coming up in the next segment, Let's tackle some of these wide receivers and tight ends. We have not talked about Carnell Tayate, Casey Concepcion. Let's get into Chris Brazil and the Bells too.
Speaker 3: We have to.
Speaker 1: I have had Chris Bell and Skylar Bell on my list to talk about with hosts for like the last couple of months, and we've just never done it. So Matt, we are making this a point that we're talking Chris Bell and Skylar Bell tonight for sure with you. We're gonna step out, take a quick break. We roll on right after this on FFPC Inside Access. I'm Eric Balkman, He's Matt Price. Don't go anywhere. The FFPC super Flex Best Ball Never Too Early Tournament may be sold out, but ladies and gentlemen, have I got a treat for you. Not often do we get to talk about this on the show, but right now in the FFPC Never Too Early Best Ball Tournament, just twenty nine teams left.
Speaker 2: Four drafts remain open.
Speaker 1: This will close at the start of the NFL Draft on Thursday. Get in now one hundred and twenty five bucks to join forty thousand dollars grand prize. Don't forget we do have plenty of orphans available at my ffpc dot com, some for a dollar, some for less than a dollar. Check it out, and of course we launched FFPC startup Empire Dynasty Draft today as well, two hundred and fifty dollars up to seven hundred and fifty O or no, I take that back, one hundred dollars up to seven hundred and fifty dollars for those Empire Dynasty startups right now, my ffpc dot com is go is where to go for that, as well as the Big Gorilla million dollar grand prize, three hundred and fifty dollars to enter the seven Bananas promotion, as well as the Early Rampage tournament going on right now, two tournaments for the price of one entry feet details at my ffpc dot com and the Baby Guerrilla of course, a one hundred thousand dollars grand prize at State for just one hundred and excuse me twenty five.
Speaker 2: Dollars entry fee. All those available at my ffpc dot com.
Speaker 1: More with Matt Price and myself right after this, our number two of FFPC Insider access rolls on on a special Monday edition of the show Tonight, Please be welcoming in mister Matt Rice at Matt price Ff from Dynasty League Football, the co host of the Dynasty League Football Podcast, contributor to DLF, and contributor to the world famous San Diego Zoo. I always, I always give you short shrift on this, Matt, but thank you for everything you do there. That's got to be quite the recording career that you have going on in beautiful southern California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great. You know, it's like anything else, it becomes just a job. But I get to be outside pretty much every day. Yeah, I can't complain. Man, you feel good about the work you're doing, so yeah, I can't. I can't complain at all. I'm just about to enter my twenty sixth year as a zoo keeper, which seems insane. But yeah, hopefully a few more years before I can maybe move on to something else or or or enter some early retirement years. But for right now, it's it's the job. And there are certainly worst things I could be doing.
Speaker 1: I'll say that, and I'm not trying to be hyper. I mean, the San Diego zoo. That's I mean, that's got to be the top zoo in the country and one of the most famous ones in the world.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it's uh, you know, it has the nickname the world famous for a reason. There are not a lot of cities that people come to visit just for a zoo, and San Diego is certainly one of that. Not that we don't have a million other things that are awesome to visit for, but people do come specifically for that. It's one of the biggest. In my opinion, it's one of the best. So yeah, it's again you could always do worse, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ron Bergundy set the stage in the seventies, how class Diego is, and you continue the tradition. Speaking of continuing the tradition, I want to go to right away in the second hour here we'll go to mister Bakes a lot long time of viewer of the program with a question. Here we have not talked dolphins a whole lot tonight, but let's talk Miami here for a second. Man, who do you think mister Banks a lot writes, who do you think about the Dolphins will be taking in this year's draft? Even picks in the top one hundred, including two in the top thirty, one at eleven to one at thirty. You know, I've been saying this for basically since they traded Jalen Waddle and everybody was like, oh my god, you know this is Malik Willis Is left with a dumpster fire here in Miami. And I said, let's just wait until after the NFL Draft, because Miami could draft not only one, but maybe two pass catchers. And then once the compensatory formula kind of dissolves itself after the NFL Draft, maybe Juwan Jennings finds his way to Miami. Maybe Stefan Diggs finds his way to Miami. Keenan Allen would be another guy. This wide receiver room for the Dolphins could look radically different in the week's coming after the NFL Draft. I want to get your thoughts specifically on rookies here. Mat Do you have any inkling of what you think the Dolphins with new head a new GM john Eric Sullivan and new head coach Jeff Haffley, will be doing with the skill position players in the draft.
Speaker 3: I mean, they they need literally everything right, Like I I really hope for Malik Willis's sake that he knew that they were going to tear it down like this, At least as of right now, they're still saying they're holding on to Devon a chain, Devon a Chan, But I mean from a rebuilding standpoint, it doesn't make a lot of sense to do that. So I wouldn't be surprised if they still move on for him. I know there was some talk of them, you know, trying to work out a long term extension, but we'll see on that. But yeah, they have to draft multiple pass catchers. They have to draft offensive linemen to protect their their new quarterback. They have they have holes on defense. Like it's just like, I don't know where they're going to go at eleven. If they want a top end pass catcher, that's going to have to be be that at eleven, whether it's Lemon to come in and play like a reliable role for them, Like I think the dream would be aild that that that Carnel Tay does all of them. He he to me profiles as a you know, really the next kind of alpha wide receiver in the n A fell and the Dolphins certainly need a more traditional X because right now we're working with two two at well, and uh, you know, uh struggling took toll Bird and Washington right like, I just I don't know, man like like if right now, as if the team stands right now, it seems like they're going to run the ball six hundred times this season, right the quarter of those from their quarterback. So and he's gonna have to with the with the offensive science line situation till he addressed that. So yeah, I would expect one, if not two pass catchers within the within the Day one or Day two of the draft, maybe both in the first round. I don't I don't really have a handle on that. So sorry, I don't have a good answer, But yeah, they need everything. Every pick is a good pick for the Dolphins because I get everywhere, and I would I would hope they would help out their quarterback with some of those topics.
Speaker 1: I get the Wattle trade to a certain extent, Matt where by the time this team is like loaded for Bear and being a Super Bowl contender, Wattles going to be in his thirties. Right Chan Granted, running backs already have a shorter shelf life than wide receivers in the NFL. H Chan turns twenty five this year. I mean he's five nine ninety or whatever. He's not a big back at all. And I wonder at the time the Dolphins are successful or or purported to be successful. I mean, he's me twenty six, twenty seven. Maybe that's still good enough, and maybe h Chan holds up long enough for that. But I still go back to what Jeff Haffley was saying when he got hired, and John Eric Sullivan said the same thing. When they have to go up in November and December and January and play teams like Buffalo and the Jets, whatever, but the Patriots like those are all cold weather situations when they have to play them later.
Speaker 2: On in the season.
Speaker 1: And Halfley and Eric John X Sullivan both said, you know, sometimes fast gets small, but big sometimes butchering it. Sometimes fast gets slow but big never gets little, right, And to me that was like a signal like, hey, maybe I should be offering up third round picks for Ali Gordon right now, and he could be a bigger contributor to this offense.
Speaker 2: Than Devon a Chan.
Speaker 1: Totally, not that I was gonna sell low on a Chan because I don't own him in a lot of spots, but in the spots I did. I was never really looking to sell him, but I am considering, like, you know, this Dolphins offense, you know, we talk about how they need pass catchers and tight ends that can catch passes as well, Like it could look radically different as far as like the philosophy of the team that off the type of personnel that are on this offense going into the twenty twenty six season than it does right now. Mike McDaniel spent several years building this team for speed, and now it's like strength power, Like that's what they're going for in Miami. So I don't know, like maybe maybe I'm I wouldn't say I'm out on a Chan because I know how good he was the last couple of years, but I do know the efficiency that went into that as well. And for him to have a down twenty twenty six season, the year he is being a you know, slam dunk number one or at least one two turn pick in redraft leagues, I don't know, like I could easily see him having a downturn and maybe this is the time to get out on a Chan. I haven't been actively looking for that, but I at least recognize it.
Speaker 2: As a potential outcome here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I Han was one of my favorite players coming out, primarily because he just landed in the prime situation with McDaniel right. It was exactly the back he's looking for. And honestly, that's one of the reasons why I'm excited about a player like Keaton Mitchell with the Chargers this year. But back to h Chan, you know, like I just worry about him from a number of number of reasons. I think there's more red flags than there are positive things going his way, not talk just talking about the overall condition of that offense. But you know, with with Malik Willison there, we know we have a long history lots and lots of data points of rushing quarters electing to take off and run rather than dump it off to their running back. With such he's going to have to again be like one of the most efficient players in the league, I think, to really pay off on his current price tag, and with the offense being less efficient in general, he's going to have to be scoring from twenty thirty forty yards out and how many of those can we expect in a given year. Like I am not afraid of the talent of Devon h Chan, it's just the situation, the new way that this team might use him, a new coaching staff coming in. That again, we see this all the time. It's certainly less of an issue when they're just absolute studs like Chan. We see this all the time where coaches come in and do not have any loyalty to the players that were there. He's the last kind of holdout that they have decided to keep on their team, right, So that says something in one regard, but it also says that this is a bad team and I just don't know how much fantas success he's going to have. I did move on him from H one league. I wasn't looking to move on either. I think I probably sold a little bit. I think I got it was actually in the FFPC league. I think I got the one oh seven and the two oh one, which it's on a rebuilding team, so okay, you know it's probably borderline. I would say that's like right in the like fair value, maybe a little bit under fair value. But I was really trying to move off from that to be able to add some more picks to kind of maneuver around in the draft better. But yeah, like I think you would really like to get two first, but you're probably not going to get that from him if you're looking to move on from him. So you either stuck it up and hope he has an incredible another incredible season despite a bad situation, and if that doesn't happen, you're probably looking at even less of a return next season, unless he unless they decide not to extend him. You know.
Speaker 2: One of the other things to consider, and I just thought of this. I looked it up.
Speaker 1: E Chan had seventy eight catches in twenty twenty four. He had sixty seven catches last year. How much Matt does that go down? With Malik Willis who is so successful with his legs and we have seen running quarterbacks a shoe dumping it off to running backs and just taking off and doing it on their own rather than risk the pass. I wonder how much his and he's had. He's had it was eighty seven targets in twenty twenty four, eighty five targets in twenty twenty five, so you're talking about an average of eighty six targets over the last two years. I wonder how big of a hit that takes as well for a cham this year with Willis under center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the primary thing that I'm worried about. You know, he is a back that can catch sixty seventy eighty balls a year, and even if that goes down to fifty, you know, that's still a lot of receptions. But it takes a lot of off of his value. Like it takes him probably from like a top three to five production year down into the bottom end of the running back one tiers, which you know, the closer you get to that running back twelve thirteen fourteen, you get into that. You know, how replaceable is this position within my lineup? And if I what is the cost benefit of me move on from him, even if it's a little bit less than I think he's worth. So, yeah, the pass catching is by far the biggest part of concern of it that And I mean he's getting squeezed on both sides, right, So the Miami offense is not good enough to score a lot of touchdowns and they're gonna run the ball a lot more instead of dumping it off to h H. And he's not getting the high value touches from the receiving game, and he's not getting the high value touches from the goal line standpoint, especially like you mentioned, if they decide to start using their bigger backs like Ollie Gordon more and then he gets squeezed from a player in addition to the poor offense, so it just it just doesn't feel good. I'm happy to get out for anything in that one and a half first kind of range for him.
Speaker 2: Flip side of it, too, is we're totally destroying h right here.
Speaker 3: I still love him. I still love him. It's just the situation, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like as a talent, hees he's unbelievable, and there could be Matt if you know, maybe the Dolphins get Tyson or Lemon, maybe they add somebody like Bryce Lands, and then maybe they add a veteran you know, security blanket like Jennings or Allen or even Diggs, you know, and all of a sudden, Hey, this Dolphins offense that we thought was gonna be historically bad and all that bad and Achan could still you know, be very very good, not only for twenty twenty six, but in future years as well. Something to be following which we will be on this show going forward. Okay, let's get into some rookie spotlights. I want to take a wide scope look at.
Speaker 2: This, Matt. One of the things I was I was thinking.
Speaker 1: To myself over the last few weeks, and I haven't got into it as much as I'd like to. And I'm gonna ask you several questions here. It's gonna frame the how our discussion is going to go. Number one, how do you view this wide receiver class specifically compared to not only just last year's but in previous like several previous years. How do you view this wide receiver class? And if it is underwhelming to you, if it is not all that great as far as top end talent goes, is there something to be said for understanding that when we get to week nine, Week ten, Week fourteen, Week fifteen of the season and none of these rookies are taking off, we should have known that we were unfairly pumping up these receivers based on draft capital and not based on pure talent. In other words, Carnel Tate, mkayle Lemon, Jordan Tate, Jordan Tyson, they could all get top fifteen, top twenty draft capital this year, but maybe that is not traditional like that, that's not going the value that we get from those guys at that draft capital this year is not the same draft capital that we would get from players going in a similar area.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 1: Like, I think sometimes we get to this point of the season and we're all excited and we're super enthused about these these players that are going to be going in the first round and second round. But sometimes I feel like in a class like this, we're pumping them up too much because they're not going to live up to draft capital based on what we have normally associated similar values to in previous years at the wide receiver position. If that doesn't make sense, let me know, I'll try to explain it better. But that's that's kind of my main concern heading into draft week here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't think we have a Malik Neighbors, a Jamar Chase. We don't have those S tier kind of talents in this class. But I think we have three or four I would say four, you know, a tier maybe top of the B tier receivers. Three four very very good receivers I would say, at the top of the draft, maybe not the absolute ceiling. The very clean prospect profile of some guys we've had in the past, but sometimes those guys don't work either. I'm looking at workout either. I'm looking at you, Marvin Harrison Junior. Right. So yeah, I think that we have at least I think we have four to six guys we should feel very good about and four guys that we should really really good about. So I'm not I'm not fussed about this class in terms of last year. You know, we don't have the crazyness or that was the surrounding Travis Hunter. Is he going to be a wide receiver? Is he not? We we're pretty sure Teed McMillan was going to be the top receiver and he was. And otherwise, you know, it was a it was a fine class, not an amazing class. I would I would say this one is equal to that. Maybe not somebody. Again, it was clean to prosperusiness, as even Tet McMillan. But I would say the ceiling is higher for some of these guys, especially someone like Tyson who we talked about earlier. If the health works out, and a couple other guys. I think we are are are kind of selling short a little bit here. So you know, we do this every year. I think I think every year we say that the next class. We're waiting for the next class, and the twenty seven twenty seven class is absolutely exciting. But last year at this time we were talking about how good the twenty twenty six class was going to be. So, you know, people just need to lower expectations a little bit and realize if if a player that you really literally like and gets good draft capital isn't performing the first half of the season. And we see a time and time again that the second half of the season is when these rookies really start to come on, especially at the wide receiver position. Once they get you know, they learned the offense better, once they gel with their quarterback, they've really learned to play back, all that kind of stuff, and the game kind of stops slow. It starts slowing down for them. So I guess the only the actual piece of advice here is don't sell out on a guy like you know, Karnel Tate, mckaya, Limon, Jordan Tyson, a casey conception, and even we can go a little bit deeper than that, but especially those guys like if they're having a struggle struggle the first half of the rookie season, you know, don's see what happens in the final eight weeks.
Speaker 1: So for you this draft class, specifically, if carnel Take goes five or six, if Tyson goes ten or eleven, if Lemon goes sixteen or seventeen, that's not all that different than what they what these what they would have been worth had they had that draft capital in previous wide receiver seasons.
Speaker 3: In the draft, I just think we're splitting hairs, you know, like, yes, I would rather have, you know, but of course i'd rather have you know, yeah, yeah, no, I just this is what we have. You know, like either either they're worth the one oh five to you or they're not. And if they're not, you can try to move that pick. But everybody is trying to move out move their picks from this year. You know. I've started to see picks as early as like one oh seven being with the people want to make the move. You know, I'm going to trade my late first round pick this year for you know, gamble and maybe they'll have a better pick in the in the in the following year. Class. I'm starting to see that as early as like the one oh seven and certain lyas and to me at the one oh seven. Sometimes that's Kenyon Sadek. Sometimes that's Casey Concepts one. Sometimes uh sometimes Omar Cooper is there, and these are all players that can contribute. You know, maybe maybe not necessarily right away, depending on landing spot, but certainly before that twenty twenty seven pick is going to produce for you. So yeah, I think we're getting a little too over our skis on on out of that, And there's no way you can move like the one, ten, eleven, twelve for your pick for the first next year. Nobody is making that deal right now unless you're putting a little something else on top.
Speaker 1: I think we're hitting it the perfect stride because when FFPC rookie drafts hit in a couple of weeks or less than a couple of weeks, now, we could start seeing people like, yeah, I'll give you, I will I'm excited about this year's class enough to give you whatever you know future twenty twenty seven first and to acquire whatever you have in the first.
Speaker 2: Round this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a matt maybe you saw this, like people were trading twenty twenty six first and sweeteners to get a twenty twenty seven first. Yeah, which is the opposite way how it should work. You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: And now the old go ahead, the old the old Dynasty rule was like, you're a pick a year out is worth a second in this year's class, right if I was traded, But that that rule does not exist anymore, at least in my recently, Like I yeah, so that you can't do that, like if you're willing to move in a next year's class at a loss, Like sure that those kinds of deals are out there, but if you're trying to get anything on top, that's not happening unless it's a top five pick.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. I go back to I don't know how many years ago.
Speaker 1: It was like fifteen years ago when I was like first playing Dynasty, and there was I had like the one oh six or something, and I hated everybody that was available at that point, and I traded to a guy who I was sure was gonna have a bad year, and I just traded him straight up for his first round pick.
Speaker 2: Next year.
Speaker 1: Well, that turned into the one oh seven, So I moved. I waited a year, and I moved down one spot. It was not great, and I learned a lot from it. I let's talk some player of valves. Carnel Tate played next to Jeremiah Smith this year. I have it's an Ohio State receiver, so you know, simple helmet scouting. Hey, this guy's awesome. But there's a lot of people out there, and maybe you're including yourself in this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: In fact, I think you are based on what you said in the first hour, Carnel Tait is the number one wide receiver for a lot of people, a lot of pundits in this draft is can you defend that? Why would you say that Tait is the wide receiver at this point right now, that that you'd want to have more so than any other wide receiver in this draft.
Speaker 3: I think it's just safety, you know, like he just feels safe. He's good at basically everything except for running fast in a straight line, you know, smooth and procise precise routes. He's not like a like a twitchy athlete, but he wins with body control and route nuance and just like understanding of angles and leverage and and and what he needs to do. He's an excellent boundary receiver. He can win with somebody in his face. The body control and flexibility to adjust to off target throws. You see him make, you know, contort his body in mid air to make outside the frame catches. I guess you could say maybe you know he he he lacks some some some yards up through the catch abilities. I wouldn't call him like a catch and fall down receiver. But he's not gonna make a bunch of people missing the open field with quick twitch moves like somebody like Tyson or concepts you might too, But in terms of like how he profiles as an NFL ride receiver, like that's why I think he's such a good fit in Miami's because they don't have a prototypical X receiver. And you know, for fantasy purposes, you can say that this is not the type of archetype that that really you know, blows it up with massive seasons. You know, those are the the pukinakuas as we talked about the Jamar chase, is that gona that that are gonna win a lot with athleticism, But you know, the floor is just so high with him, You're not You're not gonna miss whereas you have maybe you're concerned with the medicals with Tyson or or if following in the draft, maybe not so much this week with Lemon being primarily a slot only player. You know, David Boston was talked about early in the process, you know, back in February January was talked about up in this range. But he is He's like the arbitrage play I would I would argue on Carnel Tate. He's he's the next big X guy, but not quite as good as somebody like Tate. So he just offers the best combination of floor and ceiling. I think of any of these top three to four prospects, depending on how you're you're you're sorting them out, uh, and you want to feel safe with your probably in one quarterback league is a the one oh two pick, and then super flex league's probably the one o three, one oh four range. Right, But that's not to say he's going to be consensus like I expect, especially the top three with Tyson, Lemon, and Tate, I expect those three to go in a different order, and a large percentage of draft is right. It's not going to come down to just who gets selected first in the NFL draft. I don't think with these guys, So you know, put those top three in any order to me. I just feel like Tate is the safest in terms of a floor and presents some ceiling too, depending on landing spot, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's what I want to talk about. Tate could go to the Giants, where he'd be essentially playing behind elite neighbors. He go to Washington, where he'd be again essentially playing behind excuse me, Terry McLaurin, at least for now. I mean, the Commanders can get out of the McLaurin contract pretty easily. After twenty twenty six Cleveland, he'd be dealing with Harold Fanning New Orleans, he'd be dealing with chrys Olave. When you think about Carneal Tate, what's his likelihood? What's the range of outcomes for him, especially if he ends up in a situation next to Fan and next to neighbors, next to a lobby where he could become the alpha and be the number one over those guys. That's that I think that's a little bit of a.
Speaker 2: Concern to me.
Speaker 1: Although now then I think about it, would you really draft the number two passing option in the top ten of the NFL draft?
Speaker 2: Maybe not?
Speaker 3: You never know, you know, you definitely need at least two good pass catching options in today's NFL, and I think some would say that. I think some would say that he profiles better as a as a two at the NFL level. You know, he's played that role successfully in college amongst mentally talented Ohio State teams and just provides that reliable second option for them. Whether you know, I don't know if you would necessarily. I don't think you would take over for neighbors by any stretch of the imagination. He seems like he would be a perfect heir apparent to McLaurin in Washington and in New Orleans. Like to give Olave a running mate that can actually do wide receiver things instead of just run fast down the field like they try to put out there many years, would be would be good for him too. You know, I think he's you could say he's more reliable at the catch point than somebody like Olave. I would say. You could certainly say that his health is a little bit more reliable than somebody who like Olave. But those two would work really well in tandem together, So I don't I don't know. I'm not really worried about any landing spot for him. I think He's going to find opportunities no matter where it is. And I think I could say that for most of these top three recip tree to four receivers.
Speaker 1: Well, and who could be the number four receiver, Casey conceptsi On who I drafted a bunch in when I was at the KFFFC event for Super Bowl Sunday, which now we have to pay because I said Super Bowl Sunday. But I drafted like ten teams that weekend, and I drafted conceptsy On on like three or four of them.
Speaker 2: Those are redraft leagues.
Speaker 1: But when you consider Dynasty, I've heard a lot of people very excited about this player in Dynasty circles. But I also heard people talk about, like, look, let you know, this guy had a lot of concentration drops. He had a lot of schemed up stuff. His A dot would be among the lowest of any receiver drafted on Day one or day two, and like the last several years or whatever it was. I'm butchering the stat but it was something to that regard. I still like Concepcion, What do you make of him at the next level? And and by the way, I'm very excited and I hope it happens. We'll see if it does, but him in a Kyle Shannan offense would be chef's kiss good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I love Conceptsio. He's my you know, in my heart says he's my favorite player at the wide receiver position in the draft. He's my wide receiver three, just behind Tate and and Tyson. But you know that's I could easily see myself taking him ahead of Tyson too, depending on draft capitol and landing spot and all that. But like, he's just such an impressive player. He came out as a freshman a lot of really nice age adjusted production as freshman with seventy one receptions, eight hundred and thirty nine yards and ten touchdowns. And you mentioned the low a dot stuff. He kind of pivoted when he went to his first season or sorry, his final season at NC State, he kind of became a low A dot guy eight point seven yards per catch, and then in twenty twenty five show he could play again on the outside with just eight literally doubled like eight point seven to the fifteen point one his final season. So to me, he's so versatile. He can play all three of the positions you wanted to play, and he really just is like the perfect wide receiver for today's NFL, the archetype of that tower out there running ISO routes, and I think you could throw Carnel Tate and certainly Denzel Boston in this. They just struggle to produce massive fantasy outcomes in today's NFL the way defense are playing these guys. So sure he has schemed up touches for him, but you know, so does Jamar Chase, And you're fine with that, right, So I just don't think that's as much of a negative. It is as part of the play calling process in the NFL, you want to design plays that get your best players open in space and let them do what they do best with the ball in their hands. And to me, that's case he concept shown too, you know, just like a perfect description of him. So I'm not worried about about that really at all. In terms of the drops, I think drops is the most overrated thing in fantasy. The more targets you get, the more drops you're gonna have. Sure it will be very frustrating. You're gonna wart watching him on Sunday, and he does his little clap attack that sometimes he does when when he when he's attacking the ball instead of really using good technique. It's gonna drive you nuts on the occasion, but on the next play he could have a seventy yard touchdowns and it'll erase that completely. Right, So you're gonna have to deal with some drops probably. I'm sure there will be some lots of technique being cleaned up in his first off season with an NFL team and all that stuff. Just don't overrate drops in turn when you're when you're doing prospecting or even looking at you know, veteran NFL players that have struggled with drops in the past. Remember Devonte Adams after his freshman year or a first season in the NFL. We were we were done with them, we were off of him completely, and.
Speaker 2: They wanted to cut It was insane.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely same. So just just chill on the drops. I would say, I can't.
Speaker 2: Remember who it was on this.
Speaker 1: It could have been Andrew madd from Dynasty, or it could have been Shane Hallen from Draft Sharks. Somebody pointed out to me and I went back and I.
Speaker 2: Looked, and they were right.
Speaker 1: If you look at not only this past year, and and I'm sure you'd agree with this man not only this past year, but in the last several years. If you look at the players who lead the NFL and drops in the NFL, it's like a who's who a Pro Bowlers, Like it's insane like so so for that, like I bring up the drops because I sort of have to tea But I'm with you one hundred percent, like that's something I I stopped. That stopped being a factor in my dynasty wide receiver evaluation. They're speaking of evaluations. Omar Cooper has being reportedly being a value as potentially the second wide receiver chosen on Thursday Night, which I'm not willing to go that far, but I also recognize I don't speak in absolutes, and that certainly could could happen a lot of speed. We've heard the Jets, we've heard the Steelers, we've heard some other players or other teams, and the teams being mentioned as players for Omar Cooper junior. You know, especially if he goes to the Jets or perhaps the Dolphins, this could be really really good for him as far as not only his Year one contributions, but how much volume this dude could get with this kind of draft capital in future years, which is what we care about for Dynasty as well, not only this year but in twenty twenty seven, twenty twenty eight. What's your read on Omar Cooper, Matt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's going to be another very reliable guy, you know the ceiling. Maybe he's never like a top ten fantasy option, but absolutely a wide receiver too. You love the versatility this past season in twenty twenty five, the Indian Championship year, he played primarily in the slot eighty three percent of the slot, sixteen percent outside. But in twenty twenty four it was the opposite store he was ninety percent outside and ten percent of slot. So a very versatile player that they can play from everywhere. I do think his natural position NFL is probably more towards the slot role. But you know, we've said the same thing about a Mecca, BUCA and j and JSNS rookie season, and we've done this all the time with players that we think are slot only players and they show that they can play plenty well on the outside, and I think Cooper is the same way. Some people comp them to a player like Debo, which we try to do every year with one player, right, But he's certainly not Debo. He's not two hundred and twenty pounds like Debo is. But he is very good like a run in the open space in the middle of the field, like a running back. And I think that's really the crux of the argument for making the Debo comparison. He's just has such a football IQ. Understands leverage and how to manipulate angles. Running down the field, he closes cushions so fast, creating a vertical separation, and you know, the body control, I would say in the air especially, is just like an under somebody like Jordan Tyson. So if teams are looking at him as the second wide receiver off the board, I think that would be surprising. But I think is absolutely going in the first round somewhere, and a team is going to have a nice yards after the catch a specialist from the seven point one yards after kepts perception with six in this class, so very good at generating chunk yards, and we'll be a part of NFL offense.
Speaker 2: I can hear mel Kuiper in my head right now. I love this player, but this is too early for him, right.
Speaker 1: Sure you might hear that on Thursday, which, by the way, just like hearing Mel Kuiper in my head.
Speaker 2: You know it's getting to be timed. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll go not rapid fire, but semi rapid fire on these last the killer Bees, as I call him, Brat Boston, Brasel Bell and Bell Denzel. Boston is a player that I think is borderline right. Whether he goes in the first round or not. He's an interesting guy, Matt, because I think if we go back seven, eight, ten years in the NFL, this is the protots typical like size that we like from wide receiver, but that has shifted in recent years. And I wonder, like you know, I brought this up a couple of weeks ago, I wonder if he'd be better served to go late in the first round to a good you know, quote unquote good team rather than go early in the second round to a you know, quote unquote bad team. Boston is an interesting guy and quite frankly, I haven't been able to handicap how I feel about him. I've sprinkled him in some best balls. We'll see what happens in the NFL draft to see what kind of capital he gets. Your thoughts on Boston. What you've scouted and seen from him so far in his collegiate career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's again you you kind of kind of mentioned that he's he's the safe X receiver, kind of towering player that would have been very popular in NFL back when like Cam Newton was with the Panthers and they were making those twin towers on offense. Right, it's just not the style of receiver. That not that they can't. He's not gonna win an NFL and be a very safe player, a very safe prospect in the NFL. But speaking strictly from a fantasy standpoint, it's just these are the players you have to rely on touchdown high a touchdown upside to really make a difference in fantasy, right, I would I would comp them to somebody like like he could play be a dynamite power spot, somebody like Michael Pittman junior, you know, so something something like that. I'm just not sure that he's gonna get a ton of fantasy goodness playing a traditional X role where he lands up on one side of the field and you know, he's just running, you know, not very nuanced routes. He's not getting the scheme open. This is is the kind of role that we have hated for Marvin Harrison Junior over the past the past few seasons, right, Like, that's the kind of role you kind of see for him, them putting him out an island. He can certainly do that, and he could certainly have success in it from an NFL standpoint, but I'm just not sure it's the kind of kind of profile we want for fantasy. You know. Here he thrives on elite contested catchability, which is awesome when it works out, especially in the red zone. He's a very smooth athlete for his size. He runs a diverse route tree. He blocks in the run game, but he's not an explosive athlete. He struggles with pet press coverage. It seems like he always has a defender in his back pocket, so he doesn't really have that separation quickness that you see snapping in and out of routes. And he's I'd say he's, you know, averaged to blow average in terms of a run after the catch guy. He's going to be a chain mover, a possession receiver, a very good boundary receiver at the NFL level, But for fantasy purposes, I'm just not sure. He's a notch below the other guys we've talked about. I have him as my ride receiver six right now. From from from a Dynasty rookie standpoint, my co host Dan Miler would disagree. I think he has him in the top three to four guys. He's a sucker for that kind of profile. But for me, I want a little bit more ceiling on my fantasy output. If I'm going to take a pick with a like a middle first round pick, you know.
Speaker 1: So, does does it make a huge difference whether he goes in first, if he gets first round draft capital or segram round draft capital FreeMat does that make a huge difference?
Speaker 2: From Boston standpoint.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he has more potential to fall than he does to go to rise, if that makes any sense. I mean, if he if he ends up getting you know, better draft capital than one of those top four or five guys, five being Omar Cooper, then maybe we have a consider a conversation there. But he's probably not moving too much because he feels like the last you know, quote unquote safe guy. You know, once you get past past Denzel Boston, you're looking at for me, Bryce Land Skyler Bell, Jeremy Bernard, Antonio Williams, Elijah Rod. You know, once you get into that tier, you really feel a lot less confident that they're going to have immediate success at the NFL level.
Speaker 2: Moving on to Chris Brasel, Tennessee wide receiver.
Speaker 1: I know this is like, you know, I don't know what this is like talking about politics at Thanksgiving dinner, right, and when it comes to brasl and we try to figure out what what he is in fantasy football, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, man. I like, I know, I know what his size is.
Speaker 1: I know he led the SEC in receiving last year, but I know it's Tennessee. How do you sort of separate what he did in college to what he's going to be at the next level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's so hard with these Tennessee guys, and you really don't want a helmet scalt, but we've just seen it over and over again. I do think he's the best of the prospects that are coming out there. If we're talking about you know, Dante Thornton and Jalen Hyatt, and I think Cedric Tillman is probably a little bit different than those guys. But these big tall guys that run fast down the field and straight line. I think he's better than those other other ones that have come out. He can create big plays on screens and short routes in addition to the vertical stuff, and plays well above the rim. But I just I'm like you, I just have this, like you know, gut feeling that it's not quite going to work out for him either. And now we have a little bit of off the field stuff with with Brasel too, so it's just another another thing that pushes him down the board a bit for me. So you know, I could see the ceiling, but the floor to me is is lava, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lava for my kids now to hear this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Chris Bell Louisville coming off the ACL tear, let's just say he did not tear his ACL, uh, Matt.
Speaker 2: And I know we can't really do.
Speaker 1: That and it's not fair or whatever, but yeah, if we could, where would he rank among your rookie receivers this year?
Speaker 3: I think I might have him six, just ahead of Boston. Honestly, probably in that same range like rafter those top five guys. I don't think I would get him up to there, but at six twenty two. You can't you can't hate on that. He you know, lot lots of AJ Brown comps out there, and you know, I get it. Stylistically, it's hard to comp some guy that is as good as AJ Brown has been. But stylistically it makes sense. A bigger body guy that plays well from the slot, runs routes very well. He just explodes off the line of scrimmage that time, each cushion quickly. He's he's a he's a terror on crossers and drags and outbreaking routes and he's just a bully at the at the catchpoint. So yeah, I like him quite a bit. It's just again, are you do you want to spend a first round pick? Probably, I guess maybe he's probably not even in the consideration for the first round Rocky drafts, but certainly in the second round. Do you want to spend that a capitol on a player who probably you get literally nothing from in year one. It could certainly work out, and we have, but we have a long history of players, whether it's injury or for whatever reason, that they don't produce in year one, that they're less likely to do so in year two and beyond. So I really like the player. It's unfortunate the injury. So yeah, I think I have them at like twide receiver twelve right now. I'd be willing to take a shot, probably in the late second, but before that, there's somebody I can find that I would prefer because I think I might get something for him in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Some Dynasty players Matt would tell you this is the year to take a chance and a guy coming off Attorney Aco at the position. But you are of the opinion like, look, I get it, but there's still all these healthy guys out there that are going to be playing, So you still like you'd bump them down a little bit, still a second round pick, but you could think of some other guys you'd rather be eleven other guys you'd be drafting at the position before them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know there's certain So there's certainly a chance that Bell would be worth more at the end of the season from a market value standpoint if one of these other rookies has a terrible season one and plays the whole season. But I think the more likelihood is you're going to be taking somebody who has a decent to good or maybe even great rookie season. In that case, you're giving up that opportunity cost of you know, having a value, an asset that's going to increase in value. And it's just hard to see that happening for Chris Bell unless he gets on the field at the the end of the season and blows up, you know.
Speaker 1: So the last one I'm going to ask you about is a guy after my own heart, Former Wisconsin Badger Skylar Bell spend his first three years of college with Wisconsin. Played in one game, caught one pass for fifteen yards, and twenty twenty one pass board to twenty twenty five. Dude played in twelve games, one hundred and one catches, twelve hundred plus yards, and thirteen touchdowns for the Huskies. This is a guy that's been getting incredible steam over the last month or so, Matt, are you buying into the hype of Skylard bel knowing he's not going to be a first round pick but definitely Day two and landing spot will be crucial. But if we look at if we just narroscope and look at the talent here, what do you think?
Speaker 3: I love him? He's one of my favorite wide receivers. After the Big five. I think I have him at seven or eight currently. But he's a route running technician that has top end speed, and when you combine both of those things, then you have the potential to have a really special player. He knows how to create leverage, He varies the tempo in his routes, and one of the most impressive things he does is deceleration ability, the ability to stop his route on a dime that then explode out with that hip sync. The double moves in particular, I think are especially exciting. With them the slugo or Slanton go route, he sells the vertical so easily breaks to the slant and then takes off up the field. He separates at all three levels. You know, a little bit concerning that he didn't produce a ton until his is his season, his second or is his final season the league. It will be a good production in twenty twenty four as well, but it didn't truly break out into his final season, so that's always a little bit of a concern. Way you don't see that early production in terms of a top end talent, right, But he does everything you want a wide receiver to do. He can play in the slot. I think he can also play outside and win from pretty much every level of the field. You know, maybe not the most physic physical player, maybe a little bit slow off the off the line sometimes maybe he gets knocked off his path easily on crossing routes from when line bikers are safer, just kind of deliver contact. But you know, he does all he does. He does enough good stuff for me to put him in the middle of the sorry, the top end of that that second tier receivers, third tier receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's how I kind of view as well. I'd be very excited to see what kind of capital he gets.
Speaker 1: Like we've talked to death about draft capital and thank god we're only three days away.
Speaker 2: Or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Man, these guys are going to land and more importantly, how high they go in the draft real quickly on tight ends. I've been asking a lot of people about this, sidiq vstours. How big of a gap is there for you as far as how good these guys are going to be at the next level.
Speaker 3: You know, It's it's not that big for me. I think some people have a boltier between them. To me, they're one A, one B. I prefer sik sidiq By by a little bit, but there's reasons to prefer Stours. I think, you know, Sadiq is a much less I would say developed route runner. You know, he he's such a good blocker that I worry that he might get the Oj Howard treatment where we think he's going to be this elite fantasy option, but he's still good at blocking that he gets held in uh in line too much to really be a consistent fantasy producer. So there's a little concern to that. But then, like we talked about with Stours, maybe he doesn't have the blocking ability to be on the field enough and really reach those upper end snap shares that we need. So there there's enough good with both of them and enough bad with both of them to keep them pretty close to me. I know that Sidikad just destroyed the combine, right, but but Stours had a very very good combine as well. So yeah, they're very close to me, and I think they're both they're both into the first round picks, I think the one, ten, eleven, twelve, and once you get into that like that, really outside of those top five to six receivers, you know, I think they should be in consideration for you.
Speaker 1: I hadn't considered the sidek being too good of a blocker, but you're.
Speaker 2: Right about Oj Howard. I mean, that's yeah him, you know so God, that's you know.
Speaker 1: It just goes to show you no matter how many great minds we have on the show, I'm always learning something and considering something I hadn't before. We're going to take our final break. I know we only get a few minutes left in the program. When we come back, which is gonna be less than a minute. Matt Price from DLF is going to wax poetic on some of these running backs. We'll hit on his favorite some of his least favorites as well before we bid you ado. In our NFL Draft previous show, you're watching f f PC Insider Access. I'm Eric Walkman. He's Matt Price back in less than a minute right here on f FPC Insider Access. F FPC Insider Access rolls on last segment of the show prior to the NFL Draft, Matt Price at Matt Price FF from Dynasty League Football at DLF Football as it were on X joining me tonight to talk.
Speaker 2: About our rookie preview. I'll lead things off here with running backs.
Speaker 1: Listen, I think the wide receivers and tight ends are more exciting to talk about this year than the running backs, but there are some interesting players. Jadarian Price probably will shock nobody if he is the number two running back drafted. What kind of draft capital do you think he gets, Matt and how good of a pro do you think he's going to be at the next level.
Speaker 3: He's a tough one, you know, Like I think he's pretty much everybody's running back too. I don't really want to take him in the first round of rookie drafts. If he does land where everybody's projecting me to go and see, it does feel like a very perfect fit for him. So maybe he's in consideration at that point that does come to fruition at the thirty second pick. But he's just he's just such a production projection every every possible way, especially in the passing game. Just not and you know, you expect it again, just like with Carnel Taite and the receivers there, you expect somebody playing alongside Jeremiah Love to not have a ton of usage in the passing game because he's so good at it, but for it to be just a complete projection like that. I just don't feel comfortable taking him there. And then you have Zach Scharbonay coming back at some point if if he was, even if he was to get that prime landing spot, right, I actually probably feel better about him if he landed somewhere, like if Washington missed out on If Washington missed out on Jeremi I love, and for some reason Price fell to the second round. You you you'd almost like that situation a little bit better. I think so. I like the player. You know, he's clearly very talented as a runner, very talent as talented as a kick returner as well. So he's gonna be a be on the field, you know, as a special teamer at the very least low mileage. But yeah, he's a good runner. I just you know, I'm not sure he has the ultimate ceiling unless he has one of those mega touchdown seasons, you know, double digit touchdowns. Otherwise we could be looking at an early down option that doesn't catch passes and and is more of that between the twenties kind of player and not a lot of high value touches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to that we say yuck for fantasy not not what we're looking for at all. I've heard a lot of Doug Martin comparisons to Joanah coleman Man. Are those accurate or do you view Coleman as a different type of player.
Speaker 3: I really like Coleman. I think that's a fine comparison. You know, a shorter player, but certainly not small, small elite contact balance, power and foot bark, power and footwork. He runs with power exceptionally well over four yards after contact Perkerrie. The legs just never stopped moving. You know, He's doing all the things you want to see from a runner and as a as a pass catcher, very good as well, both as a baler and as a receiver. Only has one drop in his career, also only one career fumble, so very safe and secure with the football. The question mark with him is athleticism, and we know that athleticism really translates for the running back position, and we just have no testing data for him, right, so you have to you have to rely on what you see. I think it's pretty clear he doesn't really have a quick step or long speed like that, doesn't really have that second gear to turn on, but you know, very shifty between the tackles, very reliable, going to be somebody that coaches love. So I just, you know, how what's the ceiling for fantasy? I'm not I'm not sure he's going to need to land in a perfect landing spot where he can truly be a major part of a committee. I don't think he's ever going to be a true workhorse in the NFL outside of, you know, filling in for for injuries and that. I certainly think he could handle the load in like a four to six game window something like that, or maybe longer if the starter was to go down. But he's not somebody who you're going to be confident and at the end of the season saying that he is a locked and starter for the next three years. You know, don't know if we're going to get that level of confidence with him.
Speaker 1: Not that I want to keep harping on the Seattle running game, because I know they want to trade down, right, and they have four picks. What happens if they trade down from the one from their thirty two spot and then Mike Washington is there at the end of the second round. Your thoughts on not only Washington Seattle, but how much of a believer you are in the athleticism he showed at the NFL Combine mat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's so tough, like I would say Q the X Files music guys, I like Fox Smulder. I want to believe. And the alien that is uh is Mike Washington.
Speaker 2: But you're Fox Molder. I'm Dana Scully. This guy is not going to happen.
Speaker 3: You keep going. Yeah, as tantalizing as the size and athleticism is, he just is not very good at the running back position. My least favorite thing that I see from running backs is when a big guy plays incredibly small and there are they are positives to that, like he can get skinny through the hole and make him so smaller through that in that regard, but when he drives into contact, he does not accelerate into contact. In fact, he kind of slows down and turns his shoulder a little bit. And when that happens, you open yourself up to getting the ball punched out. And Mike Washington, I think I believe the number is one fumble every fifty one carries. That's not good enough. That is not good enough. In the NFL. We do have backs that clean up those fumbling problems. Tiki Barber is the classic example, but it does not happen as much as you think it happens. In fact, I'm struggling to think of one recently that has gotten better, significantly better in that regard. So, yeah, you love the talent, you can see it coming together if it in the very you know, pristine situation, But he just doesn't. He's more athlete than running back. I guess I would put it that way. I'm not sure that's what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you this, a guy who's more running back than athlete. And it was shown at the NFL Combine. Was Emma Johnson. Oh yeah, this is a guy that you know, I'm trying to think of a good example, like where he just kept losing at every sing thing that he tried, and yet he keeps trying, kept trying, going, he kept going. And I'm of the opinion this is bad, this is detrimental to him. I know there's a lot of pundits out there that say, no, this is a good thing for him.
Speaker 2: We don't care about all that now. We care about what he's going to be at the next level.
Speaker 1: And I think Emma Johnson, if he Again, we could say this about any of the running backs here, but if he falls in the right situation, he could be a very exciting player to own in fantasy as an RB two for the next three to four, maybe even five years of his career. But what do you think Emma Johnson is going to be once he becomes a pro football player.
Speaker 3: I think he's got a very very wide range of outcomes, you know, I think base level, we're talking like a like a James White, Kenneth Gainwell kind of player. As upper absolute ceiling, maybe we get like something like an Aaron Jones, Austin Eckler, you know, a player that is so good in the passing game, and really for fantasy football at the running back position, we want pass catchers. Pass catchers to really hit that ultimate upside, and he's probably the best one in the class at that. He lined up in the slaughter out wide on eighteen percent of his stap, so he's out there playing wide receiver at times. Is a nineteen point two percent best season target share, ninety two career receptions. You know, he's very good on wheel routes and swings and screens. As a runner, he's absolutely shifty enough. He just knows where to go with the football. He's got I would say elite vision, like he sees lanes so well and so quickly, especially the cutback lanes. He has a jump cut that's really nice to get him started. All of that said, oh I should say I'm also a twenty seven and a half percent miss tackles force rate, which was second in the class, and only eight percent of his runs failed to gain yards, which was first in the class. And when he was hit by at her behind the line of scrimmage he gained yards and seventy five percent of those, which was also first in the class. However, he goes down on first contact far too often. Out of sixty two eligible running backs, he was fifty fifth of those with at least one hundred and forty carries in yards after tech per attempt at two point nine to five. He's not big, he's not powerful, he's not fast. He doesn't make a ton of plays after contact. He struggles a little bit in pass protection. So a lot to like from an offensive point scoring standpoint, But is our NFL running backs or NFL coach is going to want to give him enough opportunity on the ground in addition to the pass catching ceiling to really kind of give us a floor to work with as well. Right, so wide range of outcomes. Really really liked the player. He's my third running back three in the class. But you see enough there that you know, maybe he doesn't reach that ultimate ceiling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it very well could happen. Man.
Speaker 1: I want to wrap up tonight with the Penn State running backs a dichotomy. I cannot remember seeing a player in Singleton, Nick Singleton, who was like the pride of of DeBie guys, you know, three, four, five years ago, whatever it was, they loved Nicholas Singleton, and then he got He had a great freshman season, really never took off from that and kind of just checked out this season because of Again I'm speculating.
Speaker 2: I'm not Nick Singleton.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened, but I could totally see why he would be disenfranchised with the way the Nitney Lion season went this year. And then you have k Tron Allen, a guy who is not athletically blessed the way that Singleton is, but he he does the weird, like not the weird, but he does the finer things of playing the running back the position the right way, and he is Penn States all time leading rusher, which is crazy to say. It's like a Mechaguka last year oh Ohio State's all time leading receiver, but it's true Singleton versus Allen this year. This last question I will ask on this show prior to the NFL Draft Draft. Capital will you know have to be assessed afterwards, But when you look at these players in a vacuum right now, wouldn't you rather own Singleton because of the athletic traits or would you rather have Allen in your rookie draft because he just seems to have more of a natural feel for the pos ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would. I would go Singleton because I'm a I'm more of a ceiling kind of kind of dynasty player, Like I want somebody who absolutely if you hit on that player, he has a chance to be a you know, an every week starter for you. And I do think Allen is very solid. I just don't think he has the ceiling that somebody like Singleton does. He doesn't have the straight line speed, uh, the the pass catching prowess. I would argue Kate Tron, Allen is not a slouch in the passing game. But he's to me is the more of the early down player. And in the next Singleton, if he does hit his ceiling, he could be he could be absolutely be special. It's just like you said, like he came out so hot as a freshman and he just never really got better. So that is a major concern. And then of course the injury. I think that was it at the Senior Bowl. I believe, yes that yeah, like that, I mean that crushed him, Like you really wanted a player like Singleton to hit the hit the combine and show off all that athleticism, which we know he still has. But you know, I think that certainly has has reduced his his attractiveness to the NFL team. I've seen him go in like in recent marks as late as like the fifth, sixth, seventh round in some cases, which at that point I think he's a value for both an NFL team and a fantasy standpoint. But I'm not sure either of these guys are long term dynasty starters. But shoot for the ceiling, Shoot for Nick Singleton. If you're gonna pick.
Speaker 1: One, I'm gonna tell you this right now, regarding Nick Singleton, there is not one person in America who plays dynasty fantasy football. There is not one person in America who is a fan of NFL football where they're Dynasty fantasy football team or their real life whatever NFL team they're fan of. If they take Nick Singleton, everybody's been like, oh yeah, baby, here we go. The price is going to be so low, and you know the ceiling with Singleton, he's going to be that classic like yet, let's just see what happens.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited get him on the Packers, man behind Jacobs.
Speaker 2: Jordan Reid.
Speaker 1: I think from ESPN had his final seven round mock draft and he had Singleton in the sixth round.
Speaker 2: Nice single, and I think, uh uh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Probably butchering this now, but I think he had Singleton and I think he had the Arkansas quarterback.
Speaker 2: Green Is that his name?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Taylor Green.
Speaker 2: In like the same round. I'm like, oh my god, like that. To go crazy for that.
Speaker 1: We go crazy for any kind of Matt Price analysis we get on Dynasty League Football, including but not limited to, the Dynasty League Football Podcast with Dan Miler with Ryan mcdell. Anywhere you get podcasts, Dynasty League Football dot Com at Matt Price FF. I.
Speaker 2: I think I covered everything.
Speaker 1: Where you're where you're coming from, as far as all the content that you're producing. Is there anything else that we should be aware of, especially with Dynasty League Football.
Speaker 3: Matt, Yeah, that's all my work is there. I pretty much mostly podcast these days. I write occasionally, especially during rookie season, but most of the most of the content for me will be on the airways with the deal of DNASY podcast like you mentioned. But yeah, thank you so much. Eric. Is always a blast to chop it up with you, and hope we can do it again again next season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look forward to it. This is a great lead in for the NFL Draft. Keep up all the great work and we will talk with you again very soon and enjoy Kansas City.
Speaker 2: And all that barbecue for the draft. Yes, absolutely, that is Matt Price.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen tuning in tonight Dynasty League Football Zone one of the ogs there, so check them out at Matt Price FF.
Speaker 2: I want on the X.
Speaker 1: I want to remind you Dynasty and Empire orphans still available at my ffpc dot com. Many of those are discounted. We launched Dynasty Empire startup leagues today too, starting at one hundred dollars going up to seven hundred and fifty. The Nember Too Early Best Ball Super Flex Tournament is sold out. We have twenty nine teams. I'm gonna look it up right now. We have twenty yeah, twenty nine teams left in the Dynasty not Dynasty, the Never Too Early Best Ball Tournament going on right now at my ffpc dot com. Get in while you can. Once those leagues filled up, that fill up, that's good, or that's it. We don't have any more because the NFL Draft is the cutoff for this tournament. Forty thousand dollars grand prize, hundred and twenty five dollars to enter the Big Gorilla million dollar grand prize Early Rampage Tournament going on right now, two tournaments for the price of one, plus the seven Bananas Promo where you can earn free FFPC teams at it just by luck of the draw. My ffpc dot com is where to go for that, as well as the Baby Guerrilla one hundred and twenty five dollars to enter a one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. So if you've always wanted to play high stakes fantasy football and you know again, I can't. I don't want to do that high of an entry fee. Get it for one hundred and twenty five bucks. Take your shot at one hundred grand. It's going to be a lot of fun this season my FFPC dot com. I want to thank Matt Price for coming on the show tonight. We will be back at seven pm Eastern Time. We go back to Thursday night. Next Thursday, player profilers Johnny Tumo will join us to talk about all the final landing spots for all these rookies and so much more. I am Eric Balkman. This has been FFPC insider access. Enjoy the NFL Draft everybody, and we will talk. Oh I should mention this too before I sign off. We will have a high stakes Fantasy football live at ten pm Eastern Time this Wednesday. It's gonna be a lot of fun. We will be joined by I believe a god, I'm gonna butcher this now. I think he's a seven time FFPC Dynasty League champion. I could be wrong on that, but Tom Weaver is gonna join us for a special NFL Draft preview episode. And then I cannot reveal the guest yet, but we will have.
Speaker 2: A special announcement.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday night on the HSFF Hour, we'll have a special announcement on who our guests will be. We are recording right after the first round ends on Thursday at the NFL Draft, and we will put that episode out Friday night at ten pm Eastern time. Special KFFFC announcement, Special announcement of who our guest is gonna be. You'll have to tune into Wednesday night to find out who it is, and trust me, it'll be worth it. So that is your mere schedule this week. You had insider Access tonight on Wednesday night HSFF Hour and then on Friday night at ten pm Eastern Time, extra reps with Farrell Elliott, Me and a special mystery guess that is going to do it for our show tonight. This has been f FPC and Center Access. Enjoy the NFL Draft everybody, and we'll talk with you again on Wednesday night