Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty, the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio. F one of my teeth broke. It broke off at the gum line, and so I have an empty part of my mouth, and I look in the mirror and I look like half the people that listen to this show. I smile, and I want to have a squirrel sandwich for lunch. I've just taken this tremendous desire to go to a NASCAR race, and I don't understand it. I really don't. And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle. Well, thanks Cono. So we actually start the first promo with me offending someone and some group of people, and I think I'm gonna go back to the apologies I used to do.
Speaker 2: You were at the end of the program.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm going to record the apologies I used to do.
Speaker 2: At wasn't that producer Michelle.
Speaker 1: It was Michelle who. It was a litany of every ethnic religious group that you could ever think of, And I apologize in advance or in arrears for having having somehow offended them, and I apologize for not having your group part of that list if your group was not if I left out. So I think I'm gonna go back to that. I really am. It's too much fun. It is way too much fun. Okay, let's say good morning everybody. Bill handle here, it's KFI. It's a Monday, December sixteenth. There's a Amy.
Speaker 2: Good morning Amy, Good morning Bill.
Speaker 1: What is that on your sweatshirt this morning?
Speaker 3: Believe?
Speaker 1: Oh believe? That's so sweet. Believe in what.
Speaker 4: The miracle of the season?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Magic?
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm levitating as we speak. Good morning, it's a miracle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 1: And what do you believe in? This is like Thanksgiving? You know, what are we grateful for? And I scream out ratings? What what do you believe in?
Speaker 2: And the birth of Christ?
Speaker 1: The birth of Okay, I believe in the birth of Christ. Okay, And I'm not right there. No, I do no, No, I believe Christ was none. I believe Christ was a historical figure.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I believe he was born. The issue of whether he was born in immaculate conception, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But the no, there's a difference between immaculate conception and the virgin birth. People confuse those Oh there goes mister scholar, No, immaculate conception is dealing with Mary. Virgin birth is dealing with Jesus.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on him. And if you connect the two virgin birth and immaculate conception, the birth of Jesus and Mary his mother, somehow they are not connected.
Speaker 2: They they are connected. But immaculate conception doesn't deal with Christ.
Speaker 1: It deals with the conception. It deals with the baby Jesus having been conceived.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't. It deals with Mary. Virgin birth deals with Jesus.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, Okay. By the way, I understand that the concept of virgin was merely a mistranslation or misinterpretation of the original Aramaic of which the Bible was written.
Speaker 2: The Bible, the only part of the Bible is an a very small.
Speaker 1: Is the old is the Old Testament. I see this is weird. And now we get into this.
Speaker 2: This is the first time you've got some marriga before we should we should do a whole thing.
Speaker 1: We should do an hour of obscurity of religion with nil sevadris.
Speaker 2: I've heard some of the worst theology ever on this station, even from Christians. So there you go. I know I buy that you usually have.
Speaker 3: Pretty good theology because you're a student of history. That's probably true, and you know a lot about what Christians referred to as the Old Testament.
Speaker 1: All right, and kno, good morning. Yeah, okay, it's only what we're nine days away from both the start of Hanukah and Christmas Day. And I think what we're gonna do is I do every year. I don't think I did it last year. And that is the story of Honika handle style. Yay, yeah, I will do that when both Jews and Christians regard the holiday. Of course, Christians view the birth of Christ as one of those massive, massive, not the biggest ceremony in Christianity, and Jews view Christmas Day as one of the biggest opportunities for the retailers to sell goods and manufacturers and distributors who the vast majority are Jewish. Okay, because a big holiday. Correct, Hanka is not a big holiday. The only reason, the only reason it is a big holiday is it coincides with with Christmas and little Jewish Jewish kids. We don't celebrate that, was it little Jewish kids? You know Christmas carols? I remember the school walking into Target. Yeah, it does. It's no big deal because you got eight little crappy presents. Theoretically you're supposed to do. But I remember as a kid in the school, grade school, you know, singing those Christmas songs we had. You know, there's some some of the most beautiful music out there are Christmas songs. I mean, just gorgeous stuff by Hebrews. Yeah, of course, George Gershwin. Uh. The original Christmas song was that it No, no, it was you know it was Meltor May. Meltor May wrote the Christmas Song and lived in Sherman Oaks or Tarzana did it in the middle of the summer in July. He wrote it and he was sitting at his piano, was one hundred and twelve degrees outside. Uh. Now, let me tell you the drang. Yeah, well, let me tell you about the Dradel song. It is the most miserable, god awful song for a holiday. And that's all we had, Oh Dreda right, right, and it was it. That was our song. And then you had this little drummer Boy, which, by the way, I love that song. Just some great, great songs.
Speaker 2: You know what though about the Little Drummer Boy, It's like, here's this woman that had to not just this woman, but deal with me for a second year. People on an ass wrote an ass all, you know, to a whole other town. They had no room at the end. So she's giving birth in a manger and some kid goes, you know what, you need a drum solo?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How about how about Stix McGee coming in here and doing little ratta?
Speaker 1: You know, the three wise men with you know, Frankenstein and Myrtle and Lime. You know there were.
Speaker 2: Three of them. That's a misnomer as well. So there you go your scripture.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go.
Speaker 4: Wait, there weren't three.
Speaker 2: No, there were leap. The assumption is that there were three because there were three gifts, but magi is just plural. It doesn't mean that there were three.
Speaker 1: I have to go get more men from manger.
Speaker 2: Yes, the belief is that there was probably much more than three. Many a right.
Speaker 1: We're going to get more into this as Christmas approaches with the Morning Show describes Christmas and its environs. Okay, guys, oh I got it is so much trouble once Breath Asure commercial Breath precursor of Zelman's Uh. It was one of the most offensive commercials religiously offensive commercials you could ever hear? Uh, and it broke the bank. I mean they sold more of these little packets than they ever did in one day in the history of that company.
Speaker 2: I don't think that was offensive.
Speaker 1: Okay, here it is, all right, let's put it to the test. Okay, So Christmas is upon us. Jesus of course is crucified, and he is buried, and three days later the stone rolls away and Jesus comes out of the tomb. Can you imagine what his breath was like? Three days later?
Speaker 2: I'll see. I get why people.
Speaker 1: Broke the bank. So many of those packets were sold.
Speaker 2: Okay, I told you tonight, I share it with you. Working on the Jesus Show, I don't know what it is, but everyone that comes up to me has a joke about Jesus. Okay, so I've heard the rudest, rudest, strangest. That's a handle statement.
Speaker 1: But I Jesus and two Jews walk into a walk into a bar and then never mind. Okay, guys, let's do it handle on the news on this December sixteenth. Of course, we digressed Monday, but let's do it handle on the news. Amy Neil me lead story and Disneyland. Okay, well, okay, it's the largest wage theft settlement in the history of the United States. This is the reason why when you go on the Pirates of the Caribbean, the ride operators are in tatters. They look like they're homeless. Why is that because Well, Disneyland was accused of and agreed to settle a wage theft action class action lawsuit for two hundred and thirty three million dollars. It really, I mean, it's not like they stole wages from people. What it was was their interpretation of a wage enforcement law or a wage increase they said does not apply to them for some technical reasons, which I'll talk to later at seven o'clock. But they lost, They straight out lost, and they had to settle it. They had to settle it, and I'll explain all of that coming up at seven when I do the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: So is it going to be the two hundred and thirty three million is what they're settling or is that in addition to paying these backways.
Speaker 1: No, the whole thing is two hundred and thirty three million.
Speaker 2: For fifty workers.
Speaker 1: Ye yes, I have no idea how much that is because we're talking about people, both current workers and those who have worked at Disneyland. It's however long they were there for a period of time, and it's the difference between what they earned and what they should have earned under the minimum wage law, plus interests and whatever penalty they get. So it's a chunk, but it's they agreed to settle it.
Speaker 4: Forty six hundred dollars a piece, if it was equally distributed.
Speaker 1: If it was equally distributed, and.
Speaker 4: If it didn't take into effect, that probably half of that goes to lawyers, right, Probably a.
Speaker 1: Third of that goes to lawyers, unless yeah, unless this was we don't know the exact number and how it breaks down, but we'll see. There could be lawyercies on top of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, all right, because of Anaheim has their yeah.
Speaker 1: Because of a tech of it. Because the law was passed that that minimum wage kicks in if any city in midwage kicks in, if any city got some kind of a tax abatement from the city. What the company said is, we didn't get a tax abatement and what and they did actually, because again there's a lot of technical aspects of this I'll pick that up at seven o'clock. A little bit wonky, but the bottom line there's a much bigger philosophical description and view of this.
Speaker 4: This one got too close for comfort. Two men have been arrested after a drone came what officials say was dangerously close to Logan International Airport in Boston. Officers noticed the drone on Saturday. They used advanced UAS monitoring technology to identify where the drone was being flown from. They went onto this little island and found three people there. They all ran off, two of them were captured, and a drone was apparently found inside one of the people's backpacks. And then the third person took off in a little boat and they are still looking for that person.
Speaker 1: So they can catch one one place, no One drone and someone's backpack. Coming up at eight twenty. I'm going to do a whole story here, because there's a couple issues about this. Number one, the drones themselves, number two stopping them doing something about and what the hell are they? And then by far the most exciting part of the drone story is what is Project Bluebeam? Oh yeah, you can't miss that. That's coming up at eight twenty before we go to do they have a case with Wayne.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, is this Amy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I threw it in the trash. I'm not getting mad at myself, all right. So the United Healthcare ceo shooting more This has really got people on either side of the fence. The CEO of a company that makes the high end backpacks and this is said to be the backpack that the shooter was wearing or led shooter was wearing, said he and his employees have received death threats after reports he contacted the police tip line when he spotted one of the company's bags in the surveillance video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, that's my backpack. I make that. And he is now getting death threats because he's a snitch because he was part of getting my GEONI arrested. I mean just it's gone nuts. It's gone nuts now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are very intense about this, which goes to say that we need major overhaul of our healthcare system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the whole point. And he was also able to get enough money from donations to hire one of the top top defense attorneys out there, who is Alvin Bragg's boss in the Manhattan DA's office. When Bragg was a prosecutor as before he ran for what.
Speaker 2: Are you going to get? Knock it down a little the.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think so. I mean, it's I don't know how I can't wait for the defense on this one. This is a considering the overwhelming evidence they have. I would love to see a the defense. But if there is one, she's going to come up with it. I'll tell you she's that good.
Speaker 2: Your honor. Look at his smile. That's a good looking guy. I read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, A.
Speaker 2: Little panic over polio.
Speaker 4: Senate Majority leader or Minority leader Mitch McConnell, who is a polio survivor. I didn't know that is taking some swipes at Robert F. Kennedy Junior, who is one of Trump's nominees. He said the polio vaccine has saved millions of lives and held out the promise of eradicating a terrible disease. He said anyone seeking the Senate's consent to serve in the incoming administration would do well to steer clear of even the appearance of association with efforts to repeal or rescind the vaccine. Apparently, one of Kennedy's top allies, Aaron Serri, petitioned the FDA to revoke its approval of a polio vaccine for Joa.
Speaker 1: Now that's kind of a stretch. Kennedy himself is not sad that the polio vaccine should have it's it's should have the approval withdrawn. It's just one of his allies has petitioned the FDA. So I don't know if you can put all that together, he has. Imagine, no, no, I would just no.
Speaker 2: But I mean all of us here having to you know, eat Crow for something you said, Oh, exactly, we're associated with you. Yeah, not well, all right. The family, now this is another talk about a snitch. The family of the man accused of killing United Healthcares CEO has reported him missing. You know, they reported him missing last month. Well, his mother told police her son could be the person seen in the surveillance photos one day before his arrest.
Speaker 1: So now she has.
Speaker 2: Dealing with Luigi Mangioni.
Speaker 1: She has not been hit with being a snitch.
Speaker 2: Shashy. No, but I thought that was funny. You're going to go after the family now, it says, oh, that's the question.
Speaker 1: So far, no.
Speaker 4: One little word worth fifteen million dollars ABC News. He has agreed to settle a lawsuit by giving fifteen million dollars toward Donald Trump's presidential library. It settles the lawsuit over George Stephanopoulos saying on the air that the president elect had been found civilly liable for raping writer Ejene Carroll. He was not found civilly liable for raping her. He was found liable for sexually assaulting and defaming her.
Speaker 1: Now, if I were ABC, I would have gone to trial for this. Absolutely. I would have gone to trial because the charge the conviction was for You're right, and that is sexually assaulting her, which is different than rape. And there's a technical difference, and the jury found in favor of the lower If it was lower charge, it wouldn't be much lower. And the judge said, the judge said that the word rape and sexual assault are basically synonymous, and that's exactly what the jury founder found him of was rape. I would have gone in front of a jury and made that argument that that is not defamation, that was in fact a rape conviction based on what the jury understood and what we understand.
Speaker 2: Do you understand this? This would never happen But let's say I come up to you and I plant a big old kiss on your lips. That's sexual assault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's also a medical assault. I would get probably very ill, and I'm talking about ly my reaction very lucky. Yeah, that is assault. But this is far far different. This is much more serious.
Speaker 2: Now I know what I'm saying that that is not that would not be perceived as rape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, no, no, no, no, this is very different. It wasn't a kiss that was planted. No, no, this was a serious allegation. I mean, to your point, yes, that's true, but it is an assault. That's also true. But that this you're basically conflating the two issues. This was a charge that everybody understood was rape and the technical And I'm going to use the word technical because it's a very legal term. It's like when we talk about lemon law, Neil, and we have a general general I have a lemon on my hands, right, my card is working well. Well, A lemon is a very specific legal determination, and we basically conflate it with just a bad car.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm not defending the guy at all.
Speaker 1: No, I understand, no, no, no, no, But what I'm saying is all I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying is I would have gone if it's technical. Whole world of law is technical, right, well, sometimes so they didn't use the term rate.
Speaker 1: And I would go. But the judge says they're interchangeable in his view, and the judge said that that's why I would have gone to trial. I would have brought that up and see what a jury had to say. But ABC caved. I guess didn't wind, which quite often happens. Fifteen million, fifteen minutes. Nothing that's pocket changed for KBC. Uh. And it's going to go to a charity and that's deductible and cho well, that's considered a charity. It'll be a five O one three C. It will be uh. Okay, that's considered a charitable contribution, which it should be, by the way. I have no problem with that, all right, because it's all private donations. You know, the government doesn't pay for a dime of presidential libraries.
Speaker 2: All right. If you're flying United Airlines this holiday season, adding an Apple Air tag to your checked baggage could be an extra assurance. And this is in partnership now. The Chicago based carrier is officially the first of the major airlines to implement apples find my location, item location and so now customers can you know, securely share the location of their air tag with the airline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you use air tags, they are priceless. You know exactly where your luggage is. Yep, it's on the airplane. Let's say you're transferring, Yep, made it on the airplane, it's off the airplane. It's now in the terminal building on its way in. I mean you with that kind of specificity, Boy, do you feel good about that?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that story? Gosh Amy, maybe you remember it was probably within the last year where a woman lost her luggage and it at lax and it ended up in a homeless encampment.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do remember that she.
Speaker 2: Ended up finding the empty Oh yeah, her empty luggage in a homeless encampment. I think it was here in La somewhere. But anyway, how crazy would that be?
Speaker 1: That's a fun store. Well, at least you'd know where it is, well empty. Yes, yeah, the AirTag was there.
Speaker 4: You'll remember then the luggage went to several different airports before it landed and was taken and ended up in a homeless camp in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: How does it get to a homeless camp from an airport.
Speaker 1: Who the hell knows? So.
Speaker 4: Racket book bands are about to be banned in California. Beginning January first, public libraries in the state are prohibited from banning books that deal with topics like race, gender, identity, or sexual orientation. It's called the Freedom to Read Act. The new law will also protect library staff from being fired or disciplined if they're following the policy or refuse to remove a book.
Speaker 1: California is breaking away. It's another way of blue state versus Red state. Whoever argues two different countries is getting more and more validity with that.
Speaker 2: You know that, why would you ban a book anyways? With the Internet and everything else, It's like, well, you.
Speaker 1: Would they do because it's it has the impromptuur of the school okaying it and somehow the school standing behind it, which is different than I think if you go to.
Speaker 2: Those public libraries, this isn't even talking about.
Speaker 1: I think it's also school though. But you're right, even public libraries, it's the same thing. I mean banning. It's banning books is a tough one. Now, was there a time when you want to ban books? Should pornography be available at public libraries. Well, some of us say yes, not only on our First Amendment issue, but you know, we're just hired of paying for pornography. I'd rather get it for free at the public library.
Speaker 2: Huh, let's move on, all right. Netanyaho back in the news. Why well because war? Yeah, so Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyah, who said Sunday that he had a very warm, his words, phone call with US President elect Donald Trump. Now, they talked about a lot of things, and what one in particular was Israel's victory and the importance therein with its war on Hamas there in Gaza, and also that the leaders spoke about the need to bring home the remaining hostages in Gaza.
Speaker 1: If you are pro Israel, and that is the one of the primary platforms that you vote on, you Donald Trump. He is so adamantly in favor of Israel and anything Israel does in the Mid East, far more than Biden ever was, or ever is And Israel will have it. As long as it has the United States, it doesn't have to pay attention to the word the rest of the world at all.
Speaker 3: Ok.
Speaker 1: And if it doesn't have the United States, it's completely screwed.
Speaker 2: So name uh, you know, other than maybe Carter name Ah, a president who wasn't Obama.
Speaker 1: Obama and Natanyahu never got along, and it was where George W. Bush was insanely pro Israel. Obama, much more moderate, hasn't done anti he is no well, he is threatening, and he has asked them to pull back and not use certain weapons and not attack Iran several times.
Speaker 2: It's just that's just.
Speaker 1: I think it goes beyond theater. I think it's how you view Israel as the one democracy in the Mideast that is a true ally of the United States, and how you view Arabs and Palestinians less than and I believe that Donald Trump does view them in a different light. Muslims. I think he views differently. I don't think that's changed.
Speaker 4: Well, Guinness could cause panic in the pub. So Guinness is becoming really popular. You know, it's known for its distinctive warm brown color, creamy foam head, and unique method of being poured. Do you know that pouring a pint of Guinness the right way takes two minutes?
Speaker 1: Didn't takes a long time, and then that the head. I just went to the Guinness Museum so I can give you all these fun Guinness facts and it's just the whole science. You're right, and just pouring it and it's bitter, and I've never understood it. But I'm not a beer drinker. It has exploded. Used to be the old guys drink, not anymore, not anymore.
Speaker 2: Basically liquid bread.
Speaker 1: It can be. It's very yeasty, it can be.
Speaker 2: I wonder a bitter bread does it hold any world records?
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of that.
Speaker 1: Uh. By the way, seventeen hundreds when Guinness, when the Guinness folks, what was it, April Guinness. What was his name, George Frederick? I don't know his name, but he created Guinness. He creates just and you see the original breweries. They're very interesting right outside of.
Speaker 2: Dublin. Aren't they associated with the Book of World Records?
Speaker 1: That is exactly who they are.
Speaker 2: How did that come about?
Speaker 1: I am because they just came out with it. I have no idea. How's that for answering? You would think I know that, but I don't.
Speaker 2: And then a tire company basically tells you which restaurants are the best. It's weird, is very weird. Yeah, all right, Pelosi, I know a lot of listeners were concerned. Former House Speaker Nancy Pelo she had hip replacement surgery on Saturday at a US military hospital in Germany. She fell while at ant in Luxembourg, and she was there with other members of Congress. She's eighty four years old. She is well and on the men, they say. She was actually in Europe with a bipartisan congressional delegation to mark the eightieth anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge World War Two. She said it was nice to be back there. She hadn't been there since she fought in the Revolutionary War, right, but good for her she went to Land.
Speaker 1: Lanstole is first of all, hope she survives because people that age to break up their hips and have surgery. Not being a new statistically not death sentence, but it's not good news and it is. Lanstole is one of the premier hospitals in the world. It's one of the top military hospitals that the US has. And this is high. Yeah. So for example, soldiers who are wounded US soldiers are wounded in the Middle East or in East Europe, they're flown not to the United States for the most part, to landstill where this incredible group of doctors. As matter of fact, if you have a gunshot, wound or whatever, that's probably the best place on the planet to be in. These are the finest doctors in.
Speaker 2: The best county here in la.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah county. Yeah right, exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, good news.
Speaker 4: If you were born in nineteen sixty year later, and I'm being facetious, you got to work longer. The Social Security system is making some updates, and what we're going to see in twenty twenty five is a higher full retirement eight, so workers will become eligible to claim one hundred percent of their retirement benefit based on lifetime earnings. Used to be sixty five. That's been creeping up and creeping up. And they said, so anybody's born in nineteen sixty or later, old retirement age doesn't come until you're sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Now, yep, so in nineteen sixty all right, you were born after nineteen sixty of course, kno was, And I don't know if you want to share that, just in general, were you born after nineteen sixty you don't look at it? Yes, okay, yes, I was, all right, Amy after nineteen sixty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bill, Okay, you're the only one in the room.
Speaker 2: Who wasn't Neil You were born after nineteen sixty sick burn Amy Okay, I was born in sixty nine, sir.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and I was born just when so security started. By the way, So anyway, all of you guys, are you retire full retirement at sixty seven? And my retirement kicked in at sixty six a year, I could retire a year earlier than you, So not that I have, but I could growing up.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it fifty five? No, sixty five? It was always sixty retirement was fifty five.
Speaker 1: Now sixty five, God, far as social security is concerned, at sixty five, And.
Speaker 4: That's just to get your benefits. You can get you can still get your benefits starting when you're sixty two, but you get a lower amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do, or if you wait until you're seventy, you get the maximum amount. So you have your choice. But it was when a social security kicked in nineteen what thirty five, thirty four to thirty five. Roosevelt put it in as part of the New Deal. It was sixty five. But in those days, you hit retirement and you lasted three minutes after that, and you died, so the Social Security fund was in great shape. My mother who retired early and got Social Security, she only lasted forty years longer. Boy does she get her money's worth, isn't she?
Speaker 2: Well? If I do it, it's seventy lucky to see anything of it, that's true. But I'm impressed that I lasted after thirty, So I'll take it. Hey, b is in the news. New Year's Eve is coming and they're trying to block parties. So they're stepping up efforts to prevent unauthorized these disruptive parties on New Year's Eve, on these short term property rentals. So they have they're using tech now and it looks at all these different factors and algorithms and all that, such as trip length, listing type, distance from the guests, location, timing of the reservation, and they can be flagged and they'll either be blocked from renting anything or redirected to an alternative rental of some kind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that New Year's Eve stuff. Boil that destroy a neighborhood, well, that destroy a house. And so they're trying and we'll see how successful they are. They've been doing okay, and they're just getting better and better at it. All Right, guys, we're done. This is KFI AM six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app