Speaker 1: It's later with Moe Kelly. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and YouTube. It's nice to be back to our somewhat regular show despite all this breaking news. I was just talking about some of it with our next guests, our regular commentator, Marsha Collier.
Speaker 2: How are you tonight, Marcia?
Speaker 3: So glad to be talking about something that's not what's been going on for the past week, because it's really been a lot. It's a lot. It's a lot to take in your head, and it makes people depressed and makes people scared. There's a life we can live, not just with tech, but entertainment that will make us happy, and listening to your show, MO can do that for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: You're way too kind.
Speaker 1: But there is a technological intersection because we get inundated and I would think overwhelmed the times. I know I do, because with technology, we're bombarded with news and we have notifications, and every time we turn around, it's another notification for something which is going on in the news. It's very difficult to emotionally separate from everything else that's going on.
Speaker 3: Well, I found the ideal last minute Father's Day gift that you can get on Amazon delivered tomorrow or and I assume on Saturday. See just looked it up. It's a huge comic book, a lot twenty five, Marvel, DC, Indie, Superman, Batman, x Men, no duplicates.
Speaker 2: Now your NERD is coming out.
Speaker 3: For twenty three ninety five, and if your Prime it's delivered free, it's got a four point three or five. Could be I can't read it, but that twenty three ninety five. Give dad a stack of comic books. You're not going to see them for a few days.
Speaker 1: You know who would really probably appreciate that as twalla he already did.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh you already bought it, right. I knew that's what I was thinking too.
Speaker 1: He said, I'll get this for me for Father's Day. Give you to myself.
Speaker 3: And yet my husband said, not for me, but I have my stack of comic books at home. We should have Comic Book Day here.
Speaker 1: You know, I actually like that, if only because during the tech segment there's something to be said for going analog, you know, going sub digital at times.
Speaker 2: And then enjoined the Tactile experience.
Speaker 3: Actually I got into it because I went there at the Skirball Museum up near where the Getty is. By the four or five, they're having exhibit of Jack Kirby X Man, I mean everybody and the artwork that he did for the comic books, and it's just beautiful. They also have the costumes from the different movies. It's a great exhibit.
Speaker 2: I have to look that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's worth going to.
Speaker 2: What else do you want to talk about this evening?
Speaker 3: Well do I want to talk about? Well, there's the fun stuff, and I think I'll save the fun stuff, so I'll give.
Speaker 2: You the get the heavy stuff out there.
Speaker 3: Put the heavy stuff out of the while. We all have Google accounts. Now, whether you are Apple or Android, you've probably got Gmail. Okay, I don't have Gmail. You go to YouTube, right, yes, I do? Okay, So when you go to YouTube, you have an account and it's got your email address on it. It has a record of every video you've ever seen, which you can use for reference. You can make favorites lists and all that. But Google is all over the internet. You don't want your Google account hacked. This is one of the things that would be righte mo if someone took over your Google account.
Speaker 1: It's far more invasive than knowing your social security number exactly.
Speaker 3: So, first of all, I'm gonna hope everyone has put together the two factor authentication.
Speaker 2: If you will, I have long time ago.
Speaker 1: In other words, you can't even if you knew my password, if you try to log in on some other device, you're not going to get passed because I have to approve it on my phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in case you haven't done it, had to bring out my glasses because this is official. You go click up in the upper right hand corner there's your picture or your initial Go there and then go to manage my Google account. Then you go there's a menu that goes across the top, go to security. After that, on the security page you say start two step authentication. Click that take you to another page and it turns it on. That's it. And what happens is when you go to the account, and I'm sure you face this before, probably with your bank, you'll get a text with a code that you have to type in. Now there is another option. I'm not going to go into the highly technical ones because nobody I know is going to be carrying around a little gizmo to plug into their phone.
Speaker 2: You know, now I am.
Speaker 3: Are you carry a UBI key?
Speaker 2: I do on occasion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's because of you, because we've talked about it enough times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just know I'd lose it. I'd lose everything. But bottom line, if you trust the fingerprint sensor on your device. I have plenty of devices where the fingerprint sensor is a bit sketchy, but you can make it biometric. And by making it biometric, you just use your fingerprint on the fingerprint button, whether it's on the back or the front of the phone or on the side wherever. And that is your automatic two factor authentication. So you gotta put that together. So once you've got that, there are a couple of other things you can do real quick to have you ever checked to see how many devices are in your account?
Speaker 1: Yes, how many are logged in or when it was last use the location IP address. I'd do that like, for example, because I'll use my Google profile at home, I'll use it at work, presumably in a shared work station.
Speaker 2: Maybe I forgot to log out or something.
Speaker 1: So I always want to make sure how many I know, how many locations have logged into my account and whether I recognize them.
Speaker 3: And the best part about it is you just go to the same security section and you click on third party apps and services from your connections, you will see if there's something you don't recognize, I would recommend that you log out of everything that you see there. That would be all your devices, all your computers, all your everything, and relog in again with a new password.
Speaker 1: Right, and with your two factor authentic Right. You are now guarded going forward exactly.
Speaker 3: And it's it sounds like a lot of hassle, but it really isn't. It doesn't take any time at all. It's click click, click click. So if there's a connection to your account that you don't recognize, get rid of it, and like I said, log out of everything and log back in again with a new password. Also, if you're on a public network like in an airport or something like that, use a VPN. Never use the WiFi. It's too easily intercepted.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I always use my data when I'm in an airport, I just refuse if only because that reason, because the airport WiFi is usually not even password protected exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the worst thing you can also do is people plug in their cables to charge in an airport, you know, free charge here. It is so easy for someone to hack those and make it so it'll download a file to your phone.
Speaker 1: You're you're talking about like the USB ports, not the AC ports.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well a lot of people now are charging on the US people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't do that for that reason.
Speaker 1: I'll charge like if you're sitting in the chair, the charger right on your seat, the AC I'll plug it.
Speaker 3: In there, right because yeah, okay, that makes sense. But yeah, it's just there's too many ways people can get into your phone. And again, your Gmail account is everywhere. Don't click links from unknown senders, you know all the rest of them. And if you do use a password one two three four is not a good one.
Speaker 2: Don't you about my password?
Speaker 3: There's four three two one, And I know that they ask you to make it longer, make it a word, make it a song.
Speaker 2: Name like password one two three four, just.
Speaker 3: Like only put a capital S in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe an ampersand at the end, there you go.
Speaker 3: That's perfectly safe.
Speaker 2: Did I give up two information toys?
Speaker 3: No? I think you really think about those passwords, and because I have so many, I think of song titles or song lyrics.
Speaker 1: It's later with mo Kelly Marshall Collier joins us in studio on this Tech Thursday. We'll have more in just a moment. CAFI AM six forty and YouTube. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Forty KFI AM six forty YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's mister mo Kelly. Later with Mo Kelly. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. Let's continue Tech Thursday with our regular commentator Marsha Collier. We did a little Google last segment. Let's do a little bit of Apple and iOS.
Speaker 3: Well, we have to give our Apple friends a little song. So Apple WWDC twenty twenty five happened this week and a lot was announced kind of new, gorgeous new design called liquid glass. Yes, now, I looked at a lot of pictures of it. I don't get it. You know, it's called liquid gas. Glass brings a return to a more pervasive translucency for the OS systems, the same aesthetic that informs the software for its Vision pro VRAR. Okay, whatever, it's a thing and it has to do with the screen.
Speaker 2: But the Vision pro wasn't arousing success wasn't.
Speaker 3: No, well, it says it gives a more lens like appearance to the phone. I'm fine with my phone. Now. An interesting thing, my husband's on Apple and he's on iOS eighteen point five, which kind of like Android. Our OS numbers make zero sense. O.
Speaker 1: So that means that when you guys text each other, you're incompatible.
Speaker 2: No, not really with the RCS.
Speaker 3: No, the RCS works.
Speaker 2: It does work. Now you don't have like the green bubble popping up.
Speaker 3: I don't know, honey, you have a green bubble.
Speaker 1: So in other words, it doesn't appear differently on your phone because customarily, when you would like if I were to send a video, for example, to an iOS person, it usually comes in either way coming or going pixelated.
Speaker 3: Not at the same resident anymore, not anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you JESU. That's good.
Speaker 3: Yes, now, now, no problem at all. It does go through, but they have to be short. But the naming is a smart thing that Apple did, and you know, I'm proud of you Apple. You did something really good. Your new naming has the year for the operating system, like it would be iOS twenty five this year and next year iOS twenty six. No, I'm making fun. But I really do think that's great because then you actually know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, Android, they've kind of moved away. Everything was named after some sort of dessert and ran at a letter. Well yeah, I mean now we're at Android sixteen and it's informally known as back Lava. I like Android sixteen better, but it was cute when it started because you know, they had ice cream.
Speaker 3: One and when you went to Google headquarters they always have a big statue of the little Android guy. And I love that little Android guy. They're not using it enough. They've modernized it and they kind of like greenwashed him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was kind of too close to R two D two. I think maybe they had some IP issues with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe, Okay, and messages in Apple get a customized background. Now we just have a couple of minutes left, and I got to show you this really cool thing. You know, I love startups, and I love seeing first stage startups, not the kind that you're going to invest in, the kind who have a create of idea. So came up with this. See this plate, you can use it twenty times? Why can you use it twenty times? It's waterproof, it's plant based and you can do it. You can pull that twenty times on each plate.
Speaker 2: That'd be especially cool for like outdoor use in the summer.
Speaker 3: And emergencies and picnics, camping. I think of all the all the different look at that, say, is so cool.
Speaker 2: So you don't have to wash any dishes? No no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No no, you've taken that off. You eat the food on here.
Speaker 1: And he just instead of washing, you just strip it away it away. Yeah, that was a big light bulb, double realization. We love you, Carnesia. We're not laughing at you.
Speaker 3: Probably were laughing with you. Okay, A ten pack of these, I bought a five is fourteen ninety nine and at twenty servings per plate, Yeah, how long it's gonna last you.
Speaker 2: But also more importantly it's a space saver.
Speaker 3: Not only that it's good for the environment. These are fully plant based, heat resistant, so.
Speaker 2: I can eat it and not have to worry about eating meat.
Speaker 3: Microwaveable.
Speaker 2: Oh it is microwave, Yes it is.
Speaker 3: It's non stick, it's greaseproof, it's slice resistant.
Speaker 1: Have you tried it with let's say a messy dish to see how long before it food? Okay, so it doesn't like turn runny and flimsy automatically.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was just say does it seep through?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, no it doesn't, and then you just whatever's left bye bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See that was my only concern.
Speaker 1: Like, let's say, if I ate spaghetti, is the mariner just going to seep through and just ruin the whole stack ofs work?
Speaker 3: No, it won't. And so there are fifteen on top and then there are five on the bottom, so that the stiff part is kind of in the I think. I think it's a really great idea because you know, you look at things that you throw away and the water you waste in the dishwasher, in the whole thing. If you're casual college student, what do you need plates for?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm still that person if I can get around, Like in our house we use mostly disposable cups. We're not trying to do dishes. We have plasticware. I mean, yes, we have silver word everything. But it's easier to one use and throw away as opposed to wasting all that dishwater trying to wash dishes each and every night exactly.
Speaker 3: And you get this mo almost a month's worth off of one plate.
Speaker 2: And where can we get that, Marshall Collier.
Speaker 3: You go to peelwere p e E p e E l w A r E dot.
Speaker 1: Com, peelware dot com, p E E l w A r.
Speaker 2: E dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called peel plate.
Speaker 1: And if you're watching us on YouTube you can see this up close at mister Moe Kelly. So make sure you like and subscribe. You get to see these items, not just hear about them.
Speaker 3: But I think for the environment for everything. Like most said, who wants to wash dishes? Not me? This is perfect and I am sure as time goes on it'll get it. And there's no pfas or BPA. If you care about such things.
Speaker 2: You always bring cool stuff.
Speaker 3: My tip of the week that in the comic books, I just think.
Speaker 2: I wish people could have seen twall of us in here.
Speaker 1: Get this phone updated, trying to make sure you had a two factor authentication. I mean, he's like, wait a minte, we got Marshall, call you here, let me get my phone right while she's here.
Speaker 2: And she walked in through it. She was very nice about doing it.
Speaker 1: That's why we appreciate you, because you're relatable, you're accessible.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not always that fast on the emails. I started spring cleaning at home, so there's that.
Speaker 2: Well it's okay, it's summer, so you know you're not late or anything.
Speaker 1: It'll finish next week, right, right, you got to hit start on twenty.
Speaker 3: Six and so much eBay merchandise to sell. My goodness, I'm so busy.
Speaker 2: We love you for it. Always great to see you. See you again next.
Speaker 3: Week find me on Amazon or on eBay. Marcia Underscore c and that's m A R.
Speaker 2: S H A.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: It's Later with Mo Kelly kf I AM six forty. We're live everywhere the iHeartRadio app and YouTube app. Mister from O Kelly.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty