Speaker 1: Full trial audio everything hurting court no silences to skip.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Council, Hi, co morning, Miss Clancy.
Speaker 2: Are we ready for the jury?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, William Sivan, you shall be heard.
Speaker 4: Massachusetts. Good morning, You're on.
Speaker 6: You're on it.
Speaker 7: Before the court today we have the continuation of the jury trial in the matter of Commonwealth versus Lindsay Clancy. Miss Clancy is present. She is represented by Attorney Kevin Reddington. The Commonwealth is represented by Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Sprague and Assistant District Attorney Shannon Buckingham.
Speaker 3: All right, well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 1: I hope everybody had a nice, RESTful evening last night. Thank you for your patience with us. What I'm going to do is just we're going to ask you those questions.
Speaker 8: Make sure everybody was.
Speaker 1: Able to follow my instructions. They're going to go over briefly our schedule for today, in the schedule for tomorrow. All right, So the first let me get to those questions. The first question, is any member of the jury red scene or heard anything from any source that would affect your ability to be fear and impartial in this case?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Next question, is there any other serious matter concern bearing on your service is a juror in this case that anybody needs to bring.
Speaker 8: My attention at this time.
Speaker 1: All right, good, thank you for following those instructions now in regards to our schedule today, to anticipate it, as you know, in these cases sometimes the best laid plans, but it's anticipated that we'll go this morning to about eleven o'clock, we'll take a break out eleven, we'll come back.
Speaker 2: We'll take our.
Speaker 1: After a break at one o'clock, and we'll go into the afternoon, you know, somewhere between three and four.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's.
Speaker 1: Today's schedule, tomorrow's schedule as best we can tell.
Speaker 8: We're gonna do that view sometime probably in the morning.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go to a couple of spots that I have been mentioned in the testimony.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we'll go over a little.
Speaker 8: Bit more tomorrow, but you'll be getting out of it.
Speaker 1: We're all going together in a bus with the court officers, the staff attorneys, myself, and we're gonna get out of the bus. So you know, that's just a word for the wise, for the footwear, and to double check the weather.
Speaker 8: I'll go into that a little bit more, probably by the end of the day.
Speaker 1: But I just in case I forget, I just that's what we're gonna do. And then the thought would be after that we'll come back. We'll probably go again until sometime round in between three and four. Okay, So that's the schedule, and then at the end of the day tomorrow all the dress kind of where we are in regards to the timeline and this kind of overall schedule, just so you have some kind of idea where we are.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So with that, I'm gonna we're going to return to the case on a trial call.
Speaker 2: Molts are presenting its evidence. Three Sprague, Thank you, honor.
Speaker 9: Kamala calls Officer Stephen Hall.
Speaker 1: All right, good morning, morning, all right, so we're going to ask keep your voice up soe I can hear you and with the tree Sprague, thank you, honor.
Speaker 6: Good morning. Can you please can you please stay and spell your name for the record.
Speaker 10: My name is Stephen Hall c E pH e onha L and your day of birth three twenty six, nineteen eighty three. Where do you work work at the Duxbury Police Department.
Speaker 6: How long have you been a Duxbury Police officer.
Speaker 10: Since twenty fifteen, so roughly eleven years.
Speaker 6: I want to direct your attention to January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three. Were you working that day?
Speaker 11: I was What shift?
Speaker 10: Were you working the four to midnight?
Speaker 6: And would that be four pm to midnight?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And were you in unifor yes? Were you in a marked cruiser?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: And were you on patrol?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: And being on patrol, were you alone or with a partner?
Speaker 10: I was alone.
Speaker 6: Further directing your attention to approximately six eleven pm at that time, did you receive a dispatch to go to forty seven Summer Street in Duxbury?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 6: And do you recall approximately where you were when you received that dispatch?
Speaker 10: I was at the Lincoln Street Fields in Duxbury.
Speaker 6: And so how long did it take you to get from there to forty seven Summer Street.
Speaker 10: Seven to ten minutes?
Speaker 6: And did you go to forty Summer Street?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what did you see when you arrived there?
Speaker 10: When I arrived, it was just a house. There was a gate open on the left side of the house.
Speaker 12: Show you a few exhibits that have marked Exhibit thirty two, Exhibit thirty three. Is this the house you responded to yes and showing you exhibit thirty four.
Speaker 9: Is that the left side of the house?
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 6: And Exhibit thirty five is the gate that you went in. Depicted in this exhibit.
Speaker 10: Is first officer I arrived simultaneously with Officer Josephine and he is he.
Speaker 6: Also an officer with Duxbury Police.
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: And so did you both head to that same direction or did you go in different directions?
Speaker 10: We both went to the backyard as we were dispatched too.
Speaker 6: And you said you went to the left correct.
Speaker 10: Yes, we heard where a male voice calling for.
Speaker 6: Us on the left side, and that's where you headed.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: And did you encounter a mail in the backyard?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you later learn his name was Patrick Clancy?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 6: What was his demeanor?
Speaker 10: He was upset. You didn't know what was going on?
Speaker 6: So and did you see anyone else in the backyard? Did you see anyone on the ground?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: And who was on the ground?
Speaker 10: Ms? Clancy?
Speaker 6: Is that Lindsay Clancy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And do you see her in the courtroom today?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 3: Could you point to her red reflect the witness says identified and different?
Speaker 6: Thank you? Where was she positioned?
Speaker 10: She was on the ground on if you were looking at the backyard on the right side, showing you.
Speaker 4: What's been previous.
Speaker 9: Marka's the exhibit thirty eight. Is this the back of the house?
Speaker 6: It is, and showing you what's been wire than the exhibit seven. Do you see the area where the defendant was when you entered the backyard?
Speaker 10: Yes, I'd staying up of the.
Speaker 6: Court pormission and just pointing that out to the jurors. That's the record her reflect he's pointing here. The windows will.
Speaker 9: To the far right side of the back.
Speaker 14: Of the house.
Speaker 2: Regular reflect.
Speaker 9: When you saw her.
Speaker 2: In that, you remember.
Speaker 9: Where her head was.
Speaker 10: Her head was towards the house, and where were her feet pointing out away from the house.
Speaker 6: Are you trained in first date as part of your job?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And do you carry equipment with you in case you have to provide first aid to someone?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: When you saw the defendant on the ground, did you go to her and observe any injuries?
Speaker 10: She had cuts to both wrists and to the left side of her neck.
Speaker 6: The cuts to her wrists were those actively bleeding when you saw them?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: They were not.
Speaker 6: When you saw the cuts to her neck, were those actively bleeding?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Did you based on your training and experience, feel the need to provide any medical care to those cuts or use any of the equipment you had to tend to those cuts and not at.
Speaker 10: That time she conscious, semi consciousness, in and out of consciousness.
Speaker 6: And what was she doing that gave you that indication?
Speaker 10: She would wake up and move around and then kind of just go still again.
Speaker 6: And when you say she would move around, what parts of her body was she moving?
Speaker 2: Just her head?
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 6: Was she able to speak to you?
Speaker 10: She wasn't.
Speaker 6: No, was she making any sounds?
Speaker 10: She was just like it sounded like she.
Speaker 6: Was in pain, So something like moaning or something like that. Yes, while you and Officer Josephine are there, do other first responders such as firefighters start to arrive?
Speaker 10: Yes, they started to arrive, and I went to the gate to direct them where to go.
Speaker 6: And how did you know they had arrived?
Speaker 10: You could hear the sirens.
Speaker 6: So you heard the sirens and went to the gate to tell them to come to that side.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 6: While you were doing this, did Patrick Clancy stay with you?
Speaker 10: At one point he went inside to say he was going to check on his children.
Speaker 6: And did you see what entrance he used to go into the house.
Speaker 10: He went towards the backslider.
Speaker 6: Shortly after Patrick Clancy went inside the home, did you receive a call on your radio?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what did you hear on your radio?
Speaker 10: Dispatch said that he couldn't wake them.
Speaker 6: Up, And did you know what they were talking about when you heard? Initially heard that?
Speaker 10: Not really?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Did something then catch your attention?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I heard a loud scream from inside.
Speaker 6: And could you tell where it was coming from?
Speaker 10: Just inside the house?
Speaker 6: And the screaming was it words or just sound?
Speaker 10: It was just a sound.
Speaker 6: When you heard that screaming, what.
Speaker 15: Did you do?
Speaker 10: Myself and Officer Josephine towards the slider and entered into the house.
Speaker 6: And when you entered into the house, do you remember what room you entered into, into a kitchen And when you entered into the kitchen, could you still hear that screaming?
Speaker 10: No, we could hear he was talking, but there was screaming.
Speaker 6: Was done what you said? He was talking? Who was talking with Patrick Clancy?
Speaker 15: So you could hear.
Speaker 6: Patrick Clancy talking at that time?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And could you tell where he was?
Speaker 10: Yes, he was in the basement.
Speaker 6: And did you head to the basement stairs yes. Exhibit for one, are these the stairs that you went to? Did you go to the bottom of the stairs?
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 6: Once you got to the bottom of the stairs. Is it accurate that you either have to go right or left?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 6: Which direction did you go?
Speaker 10: We heard Patrick Clancy talking from the right, so we went in that direction.
Speaker 6: Could you hear what he was saying?
Speaker 10: God? Can I do you matterfa?
Speaker 6: You don't recall?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: Do you recall him saying I can't wake them up? I can't get them up?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And do you remember his demeanor as he was saying that.
Speaker 10: God, he seems very upset.
Speaker 6: What did you do in response to that?
Speaker 10: He came from a back room, so we ran into that back room.
Speaker 6: Just going back to when you came down the stairs and turned to the right, do you recall what type of room that was when you went to the right.
Speaker 10: It looks like a workout room, a workout area.
Speaker 6: Let's show you your pictures here.
Speaker 9: If you could just look at them and tell me if you recognize what.
Speaker 6: Of that that work room that you entered into when you went to the right. Yes, we could have these marks as the next few exhibits.
Speaker 2: Those may be admitted four.
Speaker 6: Exhibits are showing you Exhibit eighty nine. Is that the view when you first come down the stairs and turned to the right, Yes, And then showing you Exhibit ninety of those exercise bands they're tied to the closet door. Yes, ninety one, just a close up of that correct, Yes, Then ninety two.
Speaker 9: What are we seeing in this photograph, sir?
Speaker 10: That was the back room that he was seemed to be coming from that Patrick was coming to.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: You also looked at two photographs for that room of those fair and acrid depictions.
Speaker 9: Of how the word look that day. Yes, we could have these marks.
Speaker 2: The next two exhibits, please they may be admitted.
Speaker 9: So did you head to that bathroom?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 6: And what did you see when you got to that back room?
Speaker 10: Just past the door on the left side, there was a body of a young child.
Speaker 6: And do you remember what position the child was in?
Speaker 10: He had his feet towards the door and his head towards the wall.
Speaker 6: And was he on his back or his stomach?
Speaker 10: He was on his back.
Speaker 6: And do you recall what he was wearing.
Speaker 10: He was shirtless. I believe he was just in a diaper or underwear of some sort, and showing you.
Speaker 6: Thank you did at ninety three If you wouldn't mind just pointing out where you saw his body. He's pointing to the area of the.
Speaker 2: Yellow exercise band. Me reflect that.
Speaker 9: And sir, that yellow exercise band.
Speaker 6: Did you see that in that position when you saw the body of the child on the floor, Yes, he said.
Speaker 4: It night before. Sir?
Speaker 6: Did you later learn that child's name was Dawson Clancy?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 6: And can you describe his physical appearance when you saw him?
Speaker 10: He was discolored, like a bluish purple.
Speaker 6: Do you remember what his face and neck looked like? What happened next?
Speaker 10: I called for paramedics to come to the basement. I also called for a supervisor, and after Josephine picked up the child and we ran him outside through the front door to the ambulance.
Speaker 16: And did did.
Speaker 6: You do anything after that? After giving Dawson to EMTs, we ran.
Speaker 10: Back down into the basement to check to see if we could find other children.
Speaker 6: And what made you think there were other children to find?
Speaker 10: When Patrick Clancy said, well, I can't wake them up instead of just a singular.
Speaker 6: And so when you went back inside, did you go back down the basement stairs correct. And this time did you go to the left?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 6: Showing you a series of photographs, you could just tell me if they clearly and accurately reflect the left side of the basement looked on January from four, twenty twenty three when you went in there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Just for the record, they don't need to lay a foundation.
Speaker 16: I agree to the photographs, no objection to any of them, so we don't have to go through all the fun Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is marked.
Speaker 9: Is the next exhibits place?
Speaker 8: It's ninety five under the mark, thank you?
Speaker 6: Sure so showing you what's been marked is exhibit ninety five. Is this what you saw when you went down the stairs and went to the left that first few? Yes, and then showing you exhibit ninety six. Is that a further view as you go into the Yes.
Speaker 9: Now, when you went into that room, what did you see?
Speaker 10: There were two children on the floor motionless, and EMTs were and paramedics were working on them.
Speaker 6: And did you later learn that those children would core clancy and callan clancy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Did you do anything to assist the medics at that time?
Speaker 10: Excuse me? I asked if they needed any equipment and did.
Speaker 6: They ask you to get some equipment.
Speaker 10: They asked me to grab a heart monitor, and did you do that? I went and found the fire captain to ask where I could grab one, and he was pretty upset, so I ended up going back downstairs into the basement.
Speaker 6: At some point in time. Actually, if I could show you Exhibit six again and just ask the people this point to us where you saw each child the record. The first area you pointed to was in between the blood stain and the black exercise band.
Speaker 17: Is that correct?
Speaker 6: And then the second area was over in front of that small nightstand or or some type of shelby unit. At some point in time, did you go back outside?
Speaker 10: Yes, they stated they need an officer with Lindsay Clancy.
Speaker 6: And to show you photo. You're outside near that window. Well, that's towards the right of the house. Is that where Lindsay Clintcy was, where that medical debris is, and just showing you another photograph? Is that just showing further to the in a broader area of that same scene. Yes, I could have the close up mark as the next exhibit and they broader photo as the following.
Speaker 10: They be admitted.
Speaker 6: While you were out there with a defendant, were with medical staff paramedics treating her. Yes, And did you happen to look up?
Speaker 10: Yes, I didn't.
Speaker 4: What did you see when you looked up?
Speaker 10: There was an open window with blood marks around the window.
Speaker 6: And did you also see blood marks on the shingles below that window?
Speaker 10: I didn't.
Speaker 6: Showing you a photograph here, so up at the top, is this the open window you're referring to, yes, I mean, and on the shingles here to the left and right just below that window, or those the blood.
Speaker 9: Marks you're referring to, yes, m M.
Speaker 6: And here in this photograph you had mentioned marks blood marks on the upper window.
Speaker 9: Is that what you were going to?
Speaker 6: And then here at the top of the lower window these marks here are those the other blood marks that you saw?
Speaker 10: Yes, we could have.
Speaker 9: These photos marked.
Speaker 8: As the next that's they may be admitted.
Speaker 6: While you were out there in the backyard, did you see a ripped or oh, I'm sorry. While you were outside, did you see any ripped or torn screens on the ground? What did you do next?
Speaker 10: I just went over to the paramedic and asked what I can help him with. He said she was she was good, but she kept taking her face mask off for oxygen, and so I just kept replacing it back onto her face.
Speaker 6: And when you say she, you're referring to Lindsay Clancy.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 6: And did you then help them get the stretcher to the ambulance?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I have nothing further.
Speaker 16: All right, Frankton, thank you for your incredible services.
Speaker 3: All right, so you may stipp down? Thank you? Are you Truey Sprague?
Speaker 2: Josephine here? Thank good morning, sir?
Speaker 6: All right, counsel, thank you, good morning. Could you please stay and spill your name for the record.
Speaker 2: Brian B. R I A. N. Josephine j O. S E. P A. Chinee.
Speaker 6: And what's your day to birth sir?
Speaker 14: June thirteenth, nineteen ninety And where do you work? I work at the Duxbury Police Department.
Speaker 6: How long have you been a police officer?
Speaker 14: I started there in April of twenty.
Speaker 6: Twenty And did you work for the Plymouth Police before that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 6: And how long did you do that?
Speaker 2: Almost five years?
Speaker 6: What is your current role?
Speaker 2: I am patrol officer.
Speaker 6: Back in January of twenty twenty three. What was your role with the Duxbury Police Department.
Speaker 14: I was the school resource officer for Alden and Chandler.
Speaker 2: I worked with kids kindergarten through fifth grade.
Speaker 6: Directing your attention specifically to January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three. Were you working in an overtime shift that day?
Speaker 2: Yes, I had picked up an overtime shift.
Speaker 6: And which shift was that?
Speaker 14: It was the four to midnight but I was scheduled to work till eight pm eight pm.
Speaker 6: Yes, Now, so you were scheduled to be there from four to four pm to eight pm? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: That is correct?
Speaker 6: And you were in a cruiser, in a cruiser in a uniform.
Speaker 14: Yes, I was fully dressed in Duxbury Police uniform. I was in a marked cruiser Duxbury Police one seven to two.
Speaker 6: And did you receive a dispatch at approximately six to eleven pm to go to forty seven Summer Street in Duxbury.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did.
Speaker 6: And when you say we, were you with a partner or were you alone?
Speaker 2: No? I was by myself. We ride single and a cruise of that okay.
Speaker 6: So when you say we it was, do you mean that it was dispatched to all officers on patrol.
Speaker 14: So usually with critical incidents calls, they put it over to dispatch and they'll say Duxbury police cars start making your way to a certain address. That way everyone can get there as quickly as possible.
Speaker 6: And so then you knew at that point to go to forty seven Summer Street. Yes, And approximately how long did it take you to get there?
Speaker 2: I would say anyway from three to four minutes.
Speaker 6: So you were relatively close by when you receive the dispatch, Yes, I was. And when you arrived at forty seven Summer Street, what did you observe?
Speaker 14: Dispatch was given me description of the house. Took probably fifteen seconds for me to identify the house parked in the street. I saw the number of the house and I made my way. I believe it was a mudroom that I went to.
Speaker 9: Exhibit thirty three.
Speaker 6: When you say the mudroom that you went through, do you actually go inside.
Speaker 4: The house or did you go to the door?
Speaker 14: I went to the door to the mudroom to check if that was unlocked so I could make my way to the back of the house.
Speaker 9: And is that door depicted in this photograph?
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 9: And is it the door to the left of the garage.
Speaker 15: Yes it is, and was the door locker us?
Speaker 2: It was locked at that time?
Speaker 14: So what did you do next a radio dispatch just for confirmation of where that party we're trying to get to was located. They told me it was a round back of the house. So I tried to make my way that way.
Speaker 6: And when you went to the back of the house, how did you get there?
Speaker 14: Well, referring back to the picture where the car was parked, I.
Speaker 2: Went to the right side.
Speaker 14: And I went around the garage.
Speaker 2: There was a fence, and I went over the fence, I believe.
Speaker 6: But showing you into at thirty three again you went by these cars and around the house to the right.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 6: Showing you exited thirty seven, does that mean that he would have been coming around the house over here by.
Speaker 9: The garage on the left and in the porch.
Speaker 2: The death Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 6: And when you came around there, what did you see?
Speaker 2: I made my way.
Speaker 14: I observed two parties, one lying in the ground and one standing over it, and I started to make my way towards the other end of the house, which is as towards this fence, as you guys can see in reference to that photo.
Speaker 6: And so when you say the other end of the house, you were talking about this area here the father's further right windows.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 6: And the person that was standing did you later learn that was Patrick Clancy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 6: And the person on the ground did you later learn that was Lindsay camp Clinton, Yes, I did. And at some point in time was Officer Hall also back there with you?
Speaker 14: Yes, he came from this side over here, the opposite direction in which.
Speaker 6: I came, so facing the house, he would have come around the left side of the house if you're facing the house.
Speaker 14: Yes, he parked on the street and came from this side, the opposite of where I came from.
Speaker 6: Okay, And do you recall what Patrick Clancy was doing when you first saw him.
Speaker 14: He was standing over Lindsay at that point it appeared that he was trying to communicate with her. I observed him with a cell phone. It was kind of down by his side, so I don't know if they were talking or what, but it was probably split second, and then he turned to my location saw me because I was illuminating the yard with my flashlight, and then that's when me and him cross pass.
Speaker 6: Okay, And so you said you saw him with his cell phone by his side. Was it in his hand by his side?
Speaker 2: Yes? I believe is in his left hand.
Speaker 6: Okay, And you say you cross passed with him approximately where did you cross paths with him?
Speaker 14: It was probably right by the bulkhead, I would say.
Speaker 9: So in the photograph to the right.
Speaker 2: Of the death is the bull, That is correct?
Speaker 9: And where was he headed?
Speaker 2: He was heading I believe up towards the deck.
Speaker 14: Yeah, obviously I didn't know it at that time, but he was just walking past me pretty fast in an abrupt manner.
Speaker 6: So and did he say anything to you as he passed?
Speaker 2: No, he did not.
Speaker 6: And after you cross passed with Patrick, where did you go?
Speaker 2: I went to the female party?
Speaker 6: And did you speak to her?
Speaker 2: I attempted to.
Speaker 15: And what did you say?
Speaker 14: I'm just trying to get basic information where she was hurt, where she needed attention, anything I can do to kind of help her until fire arrived.
Speaker 6: And did she respond to your questions?
Speaker 2: She mumbled and it wasn't a definitive answer.
Speaker 6: Did you observe any injuries?
Speaker 2: Yes, she was laying on the ground.
Speaker 14: There was cuts to her right wrist, I believe, and to the right side of her neck.
Speaker 6: And were those cuts actively bleeding at that time?
Speaker 2: They were bleeding, but not profusely.
Speaker 6: Did you are you changed in first aid?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Did you feel the need to put pressure on those wounds immediately?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 14: We also carry medical equipment such as tournique, gauze, stuff like that, and I believe, due to the circumstances that I didn't, you need to utilize those tools.
Speaker 6: And the tourniquet that you carry is that in case someone has some type of cut where an artery has been damaged or cut. Yes, it is okay, and you're trained to recognize when it's something serious like an artery spring let everywhere versus a cut that doesn't need a tourniquet. Yes, we are, and you didn't see the need for attorney.
Speaker 2: I did not know.
Speaker 6: Based on your training in firstaid and as a police officer, as a first responder. Did those wounds appear life threatening?
Speaker 2: No they did not.
Speaker 6: Did other emergency personnel from the fighting department begin to arrive?
Speaker 14: Yes, so I would say I tried to talk to Miss Clancy for probably thirty seconds to a minute, and at that point, coming from that opposite side of the house, I observed Duxbury fire personnel show up, and our protocol is to kind of turn the medical over to them because they're more highly trained than we are.
Speaker 6: And at some point in time, do you hear something? Yes, what do you hear?
Speaker 14: Myself and Officer Hall, we're standing by that window and we just started hearing loud screams.
Speaker 6: And what did you do when you heard those loud screams?
Speaker 14: We immediately were trying to figure out where they were coming from. I'm not sure if dispatch or something came over the air and said something about the basement, but we both just started making our way back towards the deck part of the house.
Speaker 6: Did you go in through the sliding glass doors.
Speaker 14: Yes, we went up the deck and through the sliding glass doors into the kitchen.
Speaker 6: And did you then head to the basement. Yes, And could you hear any sounds coming from the basement as you entered the.
Speaker 2: Kitchen, Yes, it was the exact screaming that I heard from the window.
Speaker 6: And did you go down the stairs to the basement.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did.
Speaker 6: And did you see anything as you went down the stairs after you went down the stairs?
Speaker 14: So we went down the stairs and there was a picture at the bottom of the stairs, I believe of Lindsey, Lindsay and Patrick and the basement splits off into two a right and a left area, and the sads were coming from the right area, So that's where we directed our attention to first.
Speaker 6: And did you see Patrick, Yes.
Speaker 14: That right side opens up and it's like two rooms, I believe. So we went into the forrest room, which was kind of dark, and there was some clutter and stuff around, and Patrick was in that back room at the time.
Speaker 9: Exhibit is that the doorway into that bathroom?
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 6: And then exhibit ninety three is that the inside of that bathroom?
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 6: And do you recall what, if anything Patrick was saying as you encountered him.
Speaker 14: Upon his observation of us myself an officer hall, he proceeded to head in our direction leaving that room, and at that point he looked up and he screamed, she killed the fucking kids.
Speaker 6: And after he said that, where did you go?
Speaker 14: Once he cleared himself from the doorframe, we were able to look inside the room where we observed what appeared to be a child laying motionless on the floor.
Speaker 6: And did you later learn his name is Dawson Clancy?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did?
Speaker 6: And how was he positioned?
Speaker 2: He was laying on his back.
Speaker 14: Kind of close to the gym bag for reference of that ninety three again.
Speaker 6: Is that the bag to the left of the.
Speaker 9: Child's toy.
Speaker 6: Yes, And so you're saying that he was in that area when you first saw him, Yes, he was. And do you recall whether he was on his.
Speaker 14: Back or else.
Speaker 2: He was on his back, And do.
Speaker 6: You recall his physical appearance.
Speaker 14: Like I said, he was laying on his back, his head was tilted to the right hand side.
Speaker 2: Looked at him kind.
Speaker 14: Of face area once we got closer, and his face was white, gray, lips were blue, eyes were bloodshot, looked like blood vessels were popped in his eyes.
Speaker 6: Did you notice any injuries to his neck?
Speaker 14: Seeing that, my first instinc was to kind of grab his head and tilted to the side, see if I can get a pulse. But I mean, based on my training experience from previous incidents, I knew it wasn't gonna be good, so I moved ahead and that's where I observed some red marks on that right hand side of the neck.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: And in that.
Speaker 9: Yellow exercise yes, testimony.
Speaker 6: You may have called it a blue exercise band, is that correct? Yes, But it's clearly yellow in the photo right.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's clearly yellow. I mean, there was good.
Speaker 6: So what was your focus at the time, the child? And once you saw him there with these injuries, what did you do?
Speaker 14: Based on my observations, I knew there wasn't really much I could do, so I picked the child up, went chest to chest, and as I did that, it was kind of like a mucus or a foam that leaked out of his mouth onto me. I grabbed him, went back towards the way. We came down into the basement and I headed up to the stairs where Sergeant Homestead was coming down the stairs and I started yelling to him to get out of the way.
Speaker 2: Went back up the stairs.
Speaker 14: And then into the kitchen directly adjacent to the stairs as the front foyer hallway, and I went out that out the main door into the driveway and was.
Speaker 6: There an ambulance in the driveway at that time.
Speaker 14: Yes, the ambulance was backing up and had pretty much just parked in. One of the fire was walking around to the stretcher out back.
Speaker 2: So I rushed over with Dawson and.
Speaker 14: I put him on the stretcher and that's when Sergeant Homestead and fire personnel started working for other on them.
Speaker 6: What did you do next?
Speaker 2: I went back into the house.
Speaker 6: And why did you go back into the house.
Speaker 14: I remember hearing something about kids and multiple and I just went back.
Speaker 6: And when you went back to the house, did you go to the basement?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 14: I went back in the front door, back down to the basement, and this time I went to the left hand side.
Speaker 6: And when you went to the left hand side of the basement, what did you see?
Speaker 2: Pretty much directly in my.
Speaker 14: Site was an older female laying on the ground, and then in the corner there was like a younger baby.
Speaker 6: And when you say an older female, you're referring to that she was older than Dawson.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 6: And did you later learn her name was Cora Clancy?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 6: And did you assist in treating her?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: What did you do?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 14: When I got down to the basement to fire personnel, we're already unseen. One was working on the baby and one was working on Core. Communicated with them. We worked together, and I took over doing chest compressions of Core.
Speaker 6: And were you able to see any injuries on Core at that time?
Speaker 14: Yes, she had kind of the same injuries that I explained with Dawson, the pale tint, bluish lips, bloodshot eyes, blood vessels popped. But this time she also had like dried blood around her mouth.
Speaker 6: And did you also see an area of blood near her on the floor.
Speaker 14: Yes, there was a relatively large area of blood on the floor.
Speaker 2: Actually, we're doing CPR on her that sleep deep through my hands.
Speaker 14: So I ended up moving her a little off to the side so I could position myself better.
Speaker 6: Just showing you what's been marked as Exhibit ninety seven, this red brown.
Speaker 9: Skin on the run side.
Speaker 6: Yes, while you were doing chest compressions on Cora, what was the firefighter doing, The.
Speaker 14: One that had previously been attending to Korra then went to the child that was in the.
Speaker 6: Corner, And eventually was Cora put on a stretcher and brought out.
Speaker 14: Yes, eventually I think the baby was brought out first because I think they mentioned at some point they might have found like a faint pulse or something like that, so they got him out first and then we were able to get Cora up.
Speaker 6: So that entire time while you're in the basement, are you still giving chest compressions to Cora?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean it felt like forever to the point where I think I radioed for assistance for another officer to come down.
Speaker 6: And did others come down to assist.
Speaker 14: Yes, Officer Kale came down to further assist where I continued with chest compressions and he used a bag valve mask to give rescue breasts and a bag valve mask.
Speaker 6: Is that something that goes over someone's face, a mask that's attached to a bag and you squeeze it to give air.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's an alternative breathing apparatus.
Speaker 6: At some point, do you go back upstairs to the first floor, yes? And do you encounter Patrick Clancy when you go upstairs?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 14: So when they removed Cora, myself an officer Kale went back upstairs where and counted mister Clancy in the kitchen.
Speaker 6: And what was his demeanor in the kitchen He was.
Speaker 14: Still frantic, kind of in shock, still screaming and losing himself. And I think at that point, I don't know one of us requested that we get an ambulance for him as well.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir, nothing further, Tony Readington.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I have no questions. All right, thank you sing be such thank you.
Speaker 16: At this point I'm objecting, renewing my objection that the repetitions if.
Speaker 2: We could vacancy Severn.
Speaker 1: Ladies will bring it right back in in a couple of minutes with the next witness.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, don't quotes base.
Speaker 7: Backed up a trial economwell for us as Lindsay Clancy. All parties are present, including the defendant and the eighteen Jermors.
Speaker 2: Carbo three D.
Speaker 6: Call you next witness, thanks a right, good morning morning bye, yes, please thank you, good morning. Could you please state and spell your name for the record.
Speaker 2: PJ.
Speaker 11: Hussey h U S S E Y and your day of birth nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 2: Where do you work LuxP Fire Department.
Speaker 6: And how long have you been a firefighter?
Speaker 2: Thirty two years.
Speaker 6: Are you also a paramedic?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: What's the difference between an e MT and a paramedic?
Speaker 11: Paramedic has advanced life saving skills intubation and medicine we can use.
Speaker 2: On the patients.
Speaker 6: And is there a certain type of training that you have to have as a paramedic.
Speaker 2: Yes, every two years.
Speaker 6: And to first qualify as a paramedic, what do you have to do?
Speaker 11: There's a paramedic class that you take upwards of two years, so you.
Speaker 6: Take that paramedic class. Is there a test you have to take at the.
Speaker 2: End of the state test?
Speaker 6: And once you pass that state test and become a paramedic, you have to do continuing education. Is that correct? And did you take that initial training, past that initial test and then pass all subsequent training to be a paramedic?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And how long have you been a paramedic.
Speaker 2: About seventeen years.
Speaker 6: What is your current role with the Duxbury Firefighter Fire Department.
Speaker 2: I'm a captain which is considered shift commander.
Speaker 6: And in January of twenty twenty three were you in that same role?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: What does a shift commander do?
Speaker 11: Oversees the operations of the town as far as firefighting and medical services.
Speaker 6: How many fire departments or stations?
Speaker 2: Rather?
Speaker 6: How many stations does Duxbury Fire Department have xbs two? And how far apart?
Speaker 2: Are they about ten minutes apart?
Speaker 6: And are they staffed differently than from each other?
Speaker 11: And how are they staffed at the central station as a captain and usually three and the other station this too just two firefighters.
Speaker 6: And for Duxbury are all the firefighters that work for Duxbury Fire Department also paramedics.
Speaker 2: Not all we have too EMT.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now I'm sorry the rest of medics. And when you say medics, you're talking about paramedics.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sorry, So direct your attention to January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three. Were you working that day?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what shift were you working?
Speaker 2: My own shift? My group shift one?
Speaker 6: And what is shift one?
Speaker 11: It's just we have four shifts and I'm just Group one, Shift one.
Speaker 6: Is there a certain time that spans time of day?
Speaker 2: No, twenty four hour shift o'clock in the morning, sayight o'clock the next morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, So you were working eight o'clock in the morning on January twenty fourth, yes, and your shift would end eight o'clock in the morning on January twenty fifth, correct. And were you working in that capacity as a shift commander on the twenty fourth yes. Now do you recall a call coming in shortly after six pm dispatching you to forty seven Summer Street in Duxbury.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you respond to that scene?
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 6: And how many vehicles in personnel responded.
Speaker 11: My car to shift command A car ambults one and engine number two.
Speaker 6: And what was the personnel in each of those vehicles? Not names necessarily, but how many people we put.
Speaker 11: Usually it's two in the mbulance, but because the severity of the call when it first came in, we put three people in the ambuls and driver, plus two medics in the inbults and then two people two fire Futo medics in the engine from the other station.
Speaker 6: So that would be six people in total, six total. And did you have anyone from the second station respond?
Speaker 2: Initially they all came, We all came at the same time. We all get dispatched at the same time.
Speaker 6: So would that have been six people total from both stations or six people from the central station?
Speaker 2: Six people total from both.
Speaker 6: And when you arrived on scene, what did you see upon arrival?
Speaker 11: There's a couple of police cruises that were there already, just had just beat us in and then we had to go up back to where the patient was located.
Speaker 6: And when you refer to the patient that was up back, was that Lindsay Clancy?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you head to the backyard?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you see her on the ground?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 6: And were you personally treating her or was it the other paramedics.
Speaker 2: That the paramatics were treating her? Okay?
Speaker 6: And what were you doing.
Speaker 2: Just supervising the call?
Speaker 11: Just make sure things are handled appropriately as a as a shift commander.
Speaker 12: Telling you what's been marked as Exhibit thirty seven.
Speaker 9: Do you see the area where you were in the backyard that night on the screen?
Speaker 2: Yes, if you.
Speaker 9: Wouldn't mind standing up and disappointing where you were.
Speaker 2: The patient was crossing the right here. I was over here in this area here.
Speaker 6: And if the record reflect, you pointed to the patient being to the right of the metal window, Will, and you were standing to the left of the window, Will.
Speaker 2: Is that correct? She was right below this window, so she was right in.
Speaker 6: This seria okay?
Speaker 9: And when you said right below this window, and you're pointing to the far right second story window.
Speaker 6: At some point in time while you were standing there, did you hear a loud noise?
Speaker 2: I heard a scream.
Speaker 6: And when you heard the scream, could you tell where it was coming from?
Speaker 2: It sounded like it was come from the basement.
Speaker 6: And did you did you look anywhere in particular?
Speaker 11: I was able to look through the basement window and able to see a mall, a male person down downstairs.
Speaker 9: And when you say the basement window, are you afraid to that first?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, that was showing.
Speaker 9: You again on the screen here what's been marked is Exhibit fifty.
Speaker 6: This window here on the right, does that barely represent the window that.
Speaker 9: You look through and could see down into that.
Speaker 6: And was the light on in the basement office when you look a light was on?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what did you see when you looked in the window.
Speaker 2: After I heard the scream?
Speaker 11: I saw our male, older male gentleman, now knowing it was Patrick Clancy, unwrapping something from a child's head.
Speaker 6: And when you saw the male unwrapping something, can you demonstrate the motion that they were doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the child was on the ground, The head was towards the window, so the head was towards the.
Speaker 11: Back of the house, and he was picked the child up and he was in a circle of motion taking something off the head, around the head, around the neck.
Speaker 6: And could you see the child's face. Yes, And what observations did you make of the child's face?
Speaker 2: The head was blue?
Speaker 6: And did you later learn that child was Dawson Clancy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: At that point, what did you do?
Speaker 11: Because of the severity of Miss Clancy on the ground. And now we have another patient, I put a all call in, which is a recall of Dutch Pray personnel, all Dutch Pray personnel if they're available, to come back to the town to help out for when I need help on the scene, and I also need help in the town to cover the town while I'm busy at this scene. And I also requested a mutual aid ambulance to respond to the scene because at.
Speaker 6: That time there's only one ambulance.
Speaker 2: That was the one ambulance from Miss Clancy.
Speaker 11: Yes, and then I called another seeing the next the next patient, I called the another ambulance and okay.
Speaker 6: And what is mutual aid?
Speaker 2: Mutual aid is this.
Speaker 11: It's a it's a shared system that all the towns use that if we get busy or.
Speaker 2: Busy with calls, we.
Speaker 11: Have to call help and from surrounding towns to give us a hand, whether it be fire related or medical related.
Speaker 6: Because that's where you only have one ambulance. We have three, but we only had one staff that night. Yes, so you call in for an additional ambulance. At some point in time, do you learn that there are two other patients or Clancy and Calm Clancy. Yes, at that point in time, do you have to do anything to call in more assistance and the scene that night, you know, discovering another victim, another victim. Was that a chaotic scene?
Speaker 2: It turned very chaotic very quickly.
Speaker 6: And was it a situation where people would start treating a patient but then have to move on to something else and someone would take over.
Speaker 2: Sort of?
Speaker 11: I had four so I had myself as a shift commander, had an EMT with me. But there's all four paramedics. So the way it ended up working, all the initial paramacs were with miss Clancy in the beginning, and then when we found the other patients, we left a paramedic with Miss Clancy, paramedic with Dawson, and then two paramedics work with the two other kids in the other room.
Speaker 6: And did someone eventually also have to be with Patrick Clancy.
Speaker 11: Eventually yes, yeah, but at the time there was nobody with them in the beginning.
Speaker 6: I have nothing further.
Speaker 3: Thank you, hik counsel, no questions, Thank you, sir, Hi, thank you, sir, thank you.
Speaker 10: You treating Bucky.
Speaker 4: Would call loring Nut as its text witness.
Speaker 6: Please m.
Speaker 2: All right, good morning, sir, good morning.
Speaker 15: Yes, please, counsel, thank you, good morning, good morning. Could you please tell the jerors your first and last name.
Speaker 2: My first name is lauring l O R I n G. My last name is nud And.
Speaker 15: You d D And do you have a nickname that you go by?
Speaker 2: I do? What everybody knows me is Chuck Chuck.
Speaker 4: And do you work, sir?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 15: What do you do for work?
Speaker 18: So I'm a five at an EMT with the Duxbury Fire Department. I am, I was at that time. I am now retired.
Speaker 15: Okay, So when did you retire?
Speaker 19: So I retired a year ago, a year ago?
Speaker 15: And so how long had you been working with Duxbury Fire before your retirement?
Speaker 2: A little over thirty years?
Speaker 4: Thirty?
Speaker 15: And can you explain what your role was as a Duxbury firefighter.
Speaker 2: So if.
Speaker 18: I was an EMT, which eighty percent of our calls are probably that related, so I'd either I would assist a paramedic or I would drive the ambulance or whatever.
Speaker 2: Was necessary at the time.
Speaker 18: And then we were also firefoo you know, did fire suppression and we were all trained in that and went to the academy and all that.
Speaker 15: Can you tell us what the difference is between an EMT and a paramedic.
Speaker 18: So a paramedic requires another year or two of training, and they're able to prescribe meds, I mean not prescribe meds, excuse me, give meds that they have according to what they need to do. They can also read the monitor that helps that shows rhythms in the heart and.
Speaker 2: What have you.
Speaker 15: Is it fair to say that as an EMT you're basic, you're trained in basic life saving techniques, while a paramedic is advanced life saving techniques.
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 15: And so at Duxbury Fire Department. Is it also fair to say that each and every firefighter has that dual role of either being an EMT paramedic and a firefighter.
Speaker 2: Yes, some are. There might be one em T, you know.
Speaker 18: Just a basic where most of them are are the medics are the but we're all all firefighters too.
Speaker 15: And in the town of Duxbury, does the town itself have its own ambulances in addition to the fire engines and there's also ladder trucks correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 4: Now, when you were working as.
Speaker 15: A Duxberry firefighter, what was the schedule? How did you work your shifts?
Speaker 2: So we worked twenty four hour shifts.
Speaker 15: And then how many days on and how many days off?
Speaker 18: So we'd have one day on one day off, one day on in, five off, and.
Speaker 15: A twenty four hour shift. When did it start and end?
Speaker 2: It was eight o'clock in the morning to eight o'clock the next morning.
Speaker 15: So, if I direct your attention to January twenty fourth of twenty twenty three, you were still working for the Duxbury Fire Department then correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 15: And were you on a twenty four hour shift that day? I was at some point during the day. Were you given kind of what your assignment was for that shift?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: What was your assignment?
Speaker 18: So that day, I mean we all kind of float around a little bit, but we had a newer member that had made progress. He was an EMT and then made it to paramedic. So I was kind of what they called the backup guy.
Speaker 2: So I would do.
Speaker 18: Whatever fill in needed to be don and I would assist with them if necessary.
Speaker 15: Okay, And so were you kind of assigned to the ambulance at the central station as that backup person?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 15: And the person that you identified was kind of the newer employee.
Speaker 2: What was his name, paramedic Dougherity, And that.
Speaker 15: Would be Daniel Doherty, Daniel Darty. And who was the other Duxbury firefighter that was assigned to the ambulance that that you would have.
Speaker 2: Been paramedic Kevin Heath.
Speaker 15: So at approximately six o'clock or just after six pm, were you advised of a dispatch to a residence in the town of Duxbury. Yes, And where was that dispatch going to take you?
Speaker 2: So it was going to take us to Summer Street.
Speaker 15: And so you and Firefighter Heath and Firefighter Doherty. Uh, you all get in the ambulance, correct, And do you go to forty seven Summer Street. Who was in the ambulance who was assigned as kind of the driver in the tech?
Speaker 18: So at that time, because we had heard, you know, what kind of call, we had an idea what call we were going to. The two medics sat up front and were able to converse while I sat in the back. And again, was that backup guy more or less?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 15: And as far as the nature of the call that you believed you were coming into, is it fair to say that the initial call had to deal with a female that had gone out the window, possibly a suicide.
Speaker 18: Yeah, as I remember it was a second floor fall.
Speaker 15: At the time that you were dispatched to that location. Did you know that there was any pediatric patients or children involved?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: Now, how approximately how long did it take to get from the station Central Station to forty seven Summer Street If you.
Speaker 2: Call, I'm going to say four to five minutes.
Speaker 15: And when you arrived on scene? Were there already other emergency personnel on scene? Were you the first ambulance on the scene we were? How about fire trucks? Were there any other fire trucks from Duxbury?
Speaker 2: The fire truck you could hear it in the background, but it wasn't there yet.
Speaker 15: So is it fair to say that there were some Duxbury police cruisers that had arrived just ahead of you?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 15: Where did you go with the ambulance when you got to that address of forty seven Summer Street.
Speaker 18: So as we were pulling up, I could hear the two guys up front say the cruises are.
Speaker 2: In the way of the driveway.
Speaker 18: So I said, okay, you guys take the call, meaning get out of the car and get started, Get out of the truck and get started, and I'll take care of the truck.
Speaker 15: And so when you come to the address, are you able to at least pull into the driver at some point?
Speaker 18: Not at that point, I because I was in the back, I switched to the driver's seat, and at that time I saw an officer coming and he was getting ready to move the vehicle that was in our way.
Speaker 2: So that I could back in.
Speaker 15: And so were you able to then back the vehicle back the ambulance into the driveway?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 15: And were there other vehicles that were not emergency personnel vehicles in the driveway.
Speaker 18: There might have been some of their vehicles, but there might have been, but I don't really I had enough room to put my vehicle there, and that's all they hated.
Speaker 15: Okay, So when you backed the ambulance in, Firefighter Heath and Firefighter Doherty, what did they do?
Speaker 2: They had already jumped out.
Speaker 18: They had already jumped out, grabbed the gear and taken off for the back of the house.
Speaker 15: Once you got the ambulance secured in the driveway, what did you do?
Speaker 18: So, assuming that they were going to need a stretcher, I started pulling a stretcher out of the back of the ambulance.
Speaker 15: And again you said you backed the ambulance in correct. As you were pulling the stretcher out of the back of the ambulance, did you observe somebody coming from the house.
Speaker 19: Yes, what did you see?
Speaker 2: One of the police officers was carrying a child, and so.
Speaker 15: What did you do when you saw him carrying the child out of the house.
Speaker 2: So at that point, the stretcher was almost out of the.
Speaker 18: Vehicle, and I said, over here, and he placed them on the stretcher.
Speaker 15: Were you able to make observations of the child as he's being placed on the stretcher? I was, What did he look like?
Speaker 18: So his face was blue, he had marks around his neck, and his body was pale.
Speaker 15: And so once the officer or first off, was the officer somebody you knew from Duxbury?
Speaker 2: Correct? Whose officer? Homestead?
Speaker 19: Okay?
Speaker 15: And once the child was placed on the stretcher, what did you do after you made that initial observations of him?
Speaker 18: So we rolled it right inside so he could start doing CPR.
Speaker 15: Now, as an EMT, what is the first thing you generally do when you're observing a patient or assessing a patient?
Speaker 18: So you always look for response, and you go for airway.
Speaker 15: And fair to say, there's kind of what they call the ABC's correct. Can you tell the jurors what that means? So it's a way breathing, circulation, And in this circumstance, were you able to observe the child breathing on his own?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: How about were you able to secure an airway for him?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: At that time we were still doing this.
Speaker 15: Deplominary And how about circulation or pulse or cardiac activity? Were you able to determine any of that upon your initial assessment of him at that point. Now, now, after you are in the back of the ambulance, do other EMTs or other paramedics come and assist.
Speaker 4: You with the child?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 18: So when the patient was getting rolled in, I also yelled out to my captain, hoping that he was going to hear me, that I needed a medic in my truck because I needed him to know that there was some many in my truck. And I'm assuming someone heard me and they then directed a medic to my truck once one appeared.
Speaker 15: Okay, And so the medic that came to the track was that Keith Nettie. Yes, And that was not the original person who went to the scene with you in the ambulance, Was it correct? And what what happened when you had the child in the back of the ambulance, What did you guys do to try to tend to him.
Speaker 18: So we started, we were doing CPR, and then there was a he wanted to check the monitor, so we we get the monitor.
Speaker 4: Out and.
Speaker 15: With the monitor, what was the monitor supposed to be looking for? And so do you have to kind of hook that up to the patient in order to assess whether there's any activity? And those monitors that you have in your equipment, do they do anything more than just check for heart rate?
Speaker 18: The paramedic can then look and see what kind of not just a heart rate, but a rhythm.
Speaker 15: And then if there is not a rhythm, does that machine help you to do anything to try to restart somebody's.
Speaker 18: Heart with a rhythm with the rhythm that they gave us, They said you can, we can disconnect it because they were concerned they needed more, They needed the monitor downstairs too, or elsewhere.
Speaker 15: And is it fair to say that at that point you are assisting the paramedic with their assessment and running that equipment and checking the monitor.
Speaker 2: I'll allow it, but let's kind of move on.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry, that's okay. Yes, are you assisting the paramedic at that point to treat the child in the ambulance. At some point, do you leave the ambulance?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 15: And where do you go after you leave the ambulance?
Speaker 2: I bring the monitor down to the basement.
Speaker 15: Are the other paramedics in the other responders still working on the child?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 20: And to be because my cat uh is setting your equipment in the.
Speaker 15: Were you to make observations of those children?
Speaker 2: Not really? I mean they were, they weren't.
Speaker 15: Crying and fair to say they were being treated by others.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 15: And so once you dropped off that equipment, did you go back outside? And what ultimately was your role at the end of this call? What were you asked to do?
Speaker 2: I was asked to drive.
Speaker 15: So so the ambulance that responded from Duxbury, that's ambulance number one, Ambulance one. Did you drive that ambulance to a hospital?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 15: Which hospital was that?
Speaker 2: I forget if it wass a Jordan on the bi now, but it's the Plymouth.
Speaker 15: Boss here in Plymouth and that was with Dawson Clancy in the back.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 2: Correct for the question.
Speaker 16: Thank you, Thank you, Trey Wrington, no questions, enjoy your retirement.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, sir, Thank you. Tony Buckingham call Keiths next, please please good morning, sir, Hi counsel.
Speaker 15: Thank you, good morning, good morning. Could you please tell the juris your first and last name?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 17: First name is Keith, last name is Nattie An E. T.
Speaker 4: T and U.
Speaker 15: Where do you work?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 17: I work for the Duxbury Fire Department.
Speaker 15: How long have you been with the Duxbury Fire Department?
Speaker 17: About seventeen years?
Speaker 15: And currently working for the Duxbury Fire Department. What is your role?
Speaker 17: What do you do there right now? I'm a captain shift commander And.
Speaker 15: Are you a firefighter as well as a trained paramedic?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 15: At tax Very Fire you all work twenty four hour shifts.
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 4: If I draw your.
Speaker 15: Attention to January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three, do you recall working a twenty four hour shift that day?
Speaker 2: I was at home, okay?
Speaker 15: And so what what was the shift that you were working that week if you remember?
Speaker 17: I believe that worked maybe two days prior. I don't really remember.
Speaker 15: Okay, So you were on a day off?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 17: Correct?
Speaker 15: And how was it that you ended up being involved in the call at forty seven Summer Street on January twenty fourth?
Speaker 17: We were recalled from via a pager and a text message that there was an incident going on and that we were to respond.
Speaker 15: So can you explain to us how that works?
Speaker 17: So a tone goes off through dispatch, that sends off a pager at our houses that alerts us, and then we also get text messages about the incident and then respond either to the station or to the scene, whichever they request.
Speaker 15: As a Duxbury firefighter, are part of your responsibilities to respond to these these recalls?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 15: Is it a voluntary thing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: So if you weren't disposed or unavailable when a call went out a tone went out, would you be expected to respond to the scene.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: But in this case, on January twenty fourth, just after six pm, you heard that call go out, correct?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 15: And so then what did you do when you heard the call?
Speaker 17: I drove to the scene in my personal truck.
Speaker 15: When you got to the scene, what did you see?
Speaker 17: I saw police and fire vehicles. Then I walked up the driveway and walked into the back of the ambulance.
Speaker 15: Now when you arrived and saw police, so that was Duxbury Police, correct, And the fire personnel that was on the scene who was on the scene.
Speaker 4: If you remember, I.
Speaker 17: Only saw two people on scene initially that was Kevin Heath and Sergeant Homestead.
Speaker 15: Okay, and Sergeant Homestead is a Duxberry officer, correct. Now? Was there a Duxbury ambulance in the driveway when you pulled up?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 15: And before even getting past that ambulance, were you asked to assist?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: What did you see when you came to the back of that ambulance?
Speaker 17: I saw an officer, Sergeant Homestead and Kevin Heath doing CPR on aa child.
Speaker 15: Had you seen how the child ended up in the ambulance or did you come after?
Speaker 17: I came after.
Speaker 15: Did you then help take over with treating that child in the back of the ambulance?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: What was your initial observation of the patient? What did he look like?
Speaker 2: Blue?
Speaker 17: White, non responsive, not breathing, no pules.
Speaker 15: And this particular patient did you come to learn him to be the child named Dawson Clancy? Yes, and he is approximately three years old?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: What kind of treatment.
Speaker 4: Did you and.
Speaker 15: The paramedic Heath offer to Dawson in the back of the ambulance? What did you do?
Speaker 17: We try to start an IVY, then we also start in IO, which is kind of like an ivy tried intubation, which is advanced airway medications and continued CPR.
Speaker 15: So an ivy, that's just putting a needle into somebody and trying to pump fluids in medicine, correct, correct? Tell us what an io is in.
Speaker 17: Io inter ossius, which is basically into the bone marrow on the on the lower lake.
Speaker 15: So what do you do to try to enter an io?
Speaker 17: Usually we have a drill, but we had a manual one instead.
Speaker 15: So what do you do with the manual drill to.
Speaker 19: Enter the io?
Speaker 17: You just twist anything it goes.
Speaker 15: Into the bone and where what bone do you do you attempt to do this? And were you able to over that io into Dawson?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: What is the purpose of the io versus the IV.
Speaker 17: If the patient has difficult access, which pediatrics.
Speaker 15: Do, And in this circumstance, what kinds of medication were you trying to deliver through the io to Dawson?
Speaker 17: Epinephrin?
Speaker 15: What's the purpose of epinephrine?
Speaker 17: Basically kind of just kind of helps to restart.
Speaker 15: The heart and at this point he had no heart activity.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 15: You also mentioned attempts to intubate. Can you tell us what that means?
Speaker 17: So intubation is an advanced airway where you put a tube into the airway to secure to deliver high flow oxygen.
Speaker 15: Were you able to intubate Dawson?
Speaker 17: Yes, Kevin Heath did.
Speaker 15: And what do you do when you enter the tool to.
Speaker 17: Intubate You go into the mouth and you do a motion of pulling up to see the vocal course so you can pass a tube through.
Speaker 15: And what do you attach to the tube to try to increase the breath oxygen?
Speaker 17: And BVM, which is a basically you're squeezing a bag.
Speaker 15: So BVM would stand for bag valve mask.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 15: While you were treating a Dawson and a making doing the airway, intubating him giving in the medicines, were you able to observe anything about the area of his neck?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 15: What did you observe about his neck?
Speaker 17: Dark red marks around his neck?
Speaker 15: Now, all of this is happening while you are in the back of the ambulance with firefighter Heath correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 15: And do you recall another Ducksbury officer being present, Dan Doherty.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: Eventually was that ambulance then sent to the local hospital? Which hospital did you guys go to? On the ride to the hospital. Did you ever get a pulse for Dawson?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: Were you ever to able to resume breathing using that method with about bag valve mask the efforts to give him the medication epinephrin, did it ever do anything to start his heart?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: When you arrived at the Beth Israel Hospital emergency department, tell us how you transferred the care of the patient.
Speaker 17: We wield a stretcher and we went into the first room, which is Trauma one and Trauma two. We moved the patient over to their bed, then transfer care.
Speaker 15: While you were at the emergency department at Beth Israel, did you see another child from that same home come in and what department.
Speaker 4: Brought them in our department, Marshfield?
Speaker 15: Did you do anything to assist Marshfield when they came through the emergency department.
Speaker 17: I assisted in compressions when they were getting the child out of the ambulance.
Speaker 15: And is that something that is ongoing during transfer when you're trying to transfer care from to the emergency staff.
Speaker 20: Yes.
Speaker 15: Being the father of the children at the emergency department, that that evening when you were there and you.
Speaker 17: Can't said and yeah, just basically visually upset.
Speaker 15: Did you do anything yourself to assist him.
Speaker 17: When he was there, I assisted to get a chair in case you need to sit down.
Speaker 15: And was that before or after the children had passed had been declared?
Speaker 10: I believe it was after.
Speaker 15: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to have no questions? Thank you, sir. Thank you can be stepped down. Thank you.
Speaker 4: The commonal would call Patrick Dwyer as his next fitness.
Speaker 2: M hmmm, same objection. Good morning sir, Yes, the counselor.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Good morning morning. Could you please tell the juror your.
Speaker 2: First and last name, Patrick Dwyer.
Speaker 15: Can you please spell your last name for the record.
Speaker 2: D w y E R.
Speaker 15: And how you employed?
Speaker 10: Sir?
Speaker 2: I'm a firefighter paramedic at the Duxbury.
Speaker 15: Fire And in what capacity are you a firefighter or paramedic? Do you have any supervisory rules?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not a supervisor at the department.
Speaker 15: Now in your role as a firefighter and a paramedic, are you did you receive training for those rules?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: And how long have you worked for the Duxbury Fire Department?
Speaker 2: In my eighth year?
Speaker 15: Right now, I'm going to draw your attention tention to January twenty fourth of twenty twenty three. Do you recall working that day?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: Were you on a twenty four hour shift? Yes, and so that would be an eight am to eight am correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 15: At approximately six o'clock or just after six pm? Where you dispatch to forty seven Summer Street.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: What was your assignment that day on shift?
Speaker 2: I was working on the engine out of our station two.
Speaker 15: Where is station two located in the Tanner Duxberry.
Speaker 2: On Franklin Street.
Speaker 15: When the dispatch came into forty seven Summer Street. Do you know how approximately how long it took you to get from station two to the location?
Speaker 2: A few minutes?
Speaker 15: Who was working with you at station two that day?
Speaker 2: Jennifer Stratton?
Speaker 15: What were each of your designated roles?
Speaker 2: I believe jen was driving the engine and I was an officer seat.
Speaker 15: Now at Station two in Duxbury, is it normal for just two of you to be on shifts at that station at any given time?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: Correct, and fair to say there are other firefighters and paramedics that are on staff at the central station. Correct. Correct, And in this dispatch, you at Station two on the engine were dispatched to forty seven Summer Street.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's correct.
Speaker 15: When you received the dispatch did you have any information that there had been children involved?
Speaker 2: No, we did not.
Speaker 4: When you got to the scene.
Speaker 2: What did you see when we got there? It was dark out. We started walking towards the house and the other firefighters were there before us. Then we were directed to go to the basement.
Speaker 4: Before going to.
Speaker 15: The basement, where you directed towards the outside of the house and then redirected to the basement.
Speaker 2: We were walking towards the backyard, so believe that's where the first person was located. So we're kind of making our way back there.
Speaker 15: So I'm just going to show you what's been previously marched as exhibit number thirty four.
Speaker 4: Can you see it on the screen next to you? Yes, and so would this be forty seven.
Speaker 15: Summer Street, Yes, and fair to say you were.
Speaker 4: On your way to the backyard on the left side when you were redirected.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 9: Did you ever make it into the backyard?
Speaker 2: We went through the backyard to go into the residence.
Speaker 15: Yes, you could take a look at that screen again.
Speaker 4: I'm going to show you.
Speaker 15: Eight.
Speaker 9: Can you see over here sliding glass doors?
Speaker 2: Yes, that where you entered the house.
Speaker 15: Yes, you indicated that you also went to the basement.
Speaker 2: Correct, correct.
Speaker 15: When you got into the house and went down into the basement, which side did you go to at the bottom of the stairs, the right or the left?
Speaker 2: We went down to the left.
Speaker 15: What did you observe when you went down into the basement?
Speaker 2: We saw two children on the ground and the father sitting on the couch next them.
Speaker 15: Again, I'm just going to show you what's been previously marked at ninety five. Is that fair to be the left side?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: And exhibit ninety six, where did you see the father?
Speaker 2: I was sitting on a culture something in the area. I'm not sure exactly which one.
Speaker 15: Did you also observe the children on the floor?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: How many children?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 15: What did you do when you observed the children?
Speaker 2: We started cpror in cardiac arrest?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 4: And so which child did you work on?
Speaker 2: The five year old girl?
Speaker 15: Where was she located.
Speaker 2: On the floor in that room?
Speaker 15: So, as far as looking at exhibit number ninety six, does that depict the area at general area where you saw the five year old child?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: Where did you treat her?
Speaker 4: Where did you see her?
Speaker 2: Right in that area? I can't remember exactly where it was.
Speaker 15: In this photograph of exhibit number ninety six, do you see a lot of equipment. Yes, And I'm just going to show you Exhibit one oh one two with some more equipment.
Speaker 4: Do you see all that equipment there?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Is that equipment that was used to treat the five year old child?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did you learn her name to later becore?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: While you were assisting or working with Cora. What was Jen Stratton doing, your.
Speaker 2: Partner, she was with the other child.
Speaker 15: Do you recall where the other child was in relation to Cora?
Speaker 2: And they're kind of right next to each other.
Speaker 15: So again showing you exhibit number ninety six, if you look to the middle of the photograph, there's a red spot on the floor.
Speaker 9: Is that a fair place where Cora was?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: And would the other child, the younger infant, was he closer to the couch or the bed area or was he in a different location.
Speaker 2: In the recent Probably more towards the side I would say, I can remember when you say this side, like, what do you see in the picture to depict where probably closer to the cardiac monitor?
Speaker 15: Okay, And can you tell us which is the cardiac monitor?
Speaker 2: Is it here at the bottom, Yes, that piece of equipment right.
Speaker 15: There, And again an exhibit one a one. Can you see the cardiac wander a little better?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 9: Where is it in this photograph?
Speaker 10: Right there?
Speaker 4: Do you mind just getting up and pointing to it on the street?
Speaker 15: So we're talking about this black bag that is sort of off center of the photograph next to a blue bag.
Speaker 4: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 2: Sorry? What was the question?
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to locate it on the picture for the record.
Speaker 15: So you pointed to a black bag that's kind of off center in this photograph.
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 4: This is oh, thank you.
Speaker 15: When you started to treat Kora, what were your observations of her when you came upon her.
Speaker 2: I noticed she kind of like she had some burst blood vessels around her eyes.
Speaker 15: Did you make any observation of the color of her.
Speaker 2: Skin that was kind of pale bluish?
Speaker 15: When you approach the patient, what's the first thing that you do to assess them.
Speaker 2: I check for a breathing, check for a pulse.
Speaker 15: Did she have a pulse?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: Was she breathing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: And when you're doing those things, are you able to make observations of the area around their face, like their nose in their mouth.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: In this circumstance with Cora, did you notice anything around.
Speaker 2: Her mouth, around her mouth, not that I can recall.
Speaker 15: When you are trying to assess her breathing. Is there anything you do to try to resuscitate somebody or.
Speaker 4: Get them to breathe.
Speaker 2: Yes, you would use a bag valve mask to help them breathe.
Speaker 15: Did you do that for Cora.
Speaker 2: Eventually when we get the equipment down there. Yes?
Speaker 15: And were you able to use that device and get her to breathe on your own?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 15: And while you're utilizing that bag valve mask, fair to say, you're in close contact and making observations of the patient's face and mouth correct.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: And you indicated that you're not sure if you were called seeing anything around her mouth.
Speaker 2: Not nothing particularly that I can think of approach.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you And if you can read nineteen to yourself.
Speaker 15: That fresh memory, what did you have in.
Speaker 4: Or around Cora's mouth?
Speaker 2: That you did have some blood in our mouth?
Speaker 15: Did eventually other emergency staff come down and help you with rendering aid on Korra Yes? And fair to say one of the things that you do is maintain compressions and CPR.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: And can you do that by yourself or do you often have to have somebody help.
Speaker 2: We usually have multiple people working, and in.
Speaker 15: This circumstance with the treatment of Cora, other people came and helped you with those things.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: Were you eventually able to prepare her to leave the basement.
Speaker 2: Area, Yes, once we get more first responders down there, and fair to.
Speaker 15: Say there was first responders from other departments that came and helped prepare to bring Cora out of the basement. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: Do you recall how she left the basement?
Speaker 2: We took her out of a basement on a backboard up the bulkhead stairs.
Speaker 15: And the firefighters that were assisting putting on the back ard. Do you remember where they were from?
Speaker 2: What town Marshfield?
Speaker 15: When Core was placed into an ambulance? Do you remember what ambulance she was placed.
Speaker 2: Into, Marshfield Ambulance.
Speaker 15: Did you continue to help assist them when she was put in the ambulance?
Speaker 2: Yes, I went to a hospital with them.
Speaker 15: And do you remember who the office or the firefighters were that were from Marshfield that were helping.
Speaker 2: You, Ah, Yes, Andrew Wilkins, Brian Ryan, Henry and Kerry Cover and fair to.
Speaker 15: Say Andrew and Ryan were in the back of the ambulance with you, correct, Yes, and Carrie was driving.
Speaker 2: I believe she was in the back also, Okay.
Speaker 15: At some point somebody happed in the front seat and drove.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: And when you got to the hospital which hospital did you transport to.
Speaker 2: Betha Israel Plymouth?
Speaker 15: Where efforts continued to be made in that transport from Duxbury to Beth Israel and Plymouth.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 15: While inside of the ambulance, did you try to use that use one of those cardiac machines to shock or differbillate Cora?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Was there any result for that?
Speaker 2: We chocked once but did not regain pulses.
Speaker 15: And when you got to the hospital, did you transfer care to the emergency staff at Beth Israel?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: And did you do anything further and the Karen treatment of Cora not.
Speaker 2: Once we transferred care. It's ring good, no question, Thank you sir. All right, thank you, so me sip down. Thanks cool, Tree Spring.
Speaker 9: Calls Jennifer Stratton, just go right there.
Speaker 2: Thank good morning.
Speaker 8: All right, I'm going to ask you to keep your voice up so the jury can gain you.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, thank you, yeah, Tree Spray.
Speaker 6: Thank you, good morning. Can you please stay and spell your name for the record.
Speaker 21: Yes, Jennifer Stratton J E N N I F E R S T R A T T O N in your day of birth July eleventh to nineteen eighty six. Where do you work Duxbury Fire Department And how long have you been a Duxbury firefighter?
Speaker 2: Twelve years?
Speaker 6: Are you also a paramedic?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And how long have you been a paramedic about thirteen And have you completed all the training and certification required to be a paramedic?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: I want to direct your attention to January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three. Were you working that day?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was?
Speaker 6: And were you working at twenty four hour shift that started at eight am?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And were you part of a crew that was dispatched to forty seven Summer Street just after six pm?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And who was with you in that crew?
Speaker 21: Firefighter Patrick Dwyer was with me in the engine that night.
Speaker 6: And approximately how long did it take you to get from the station you were located at to forty seven Summer Street.
Speaker 19: Maybe four or five minutes?
Speaker 6: And were you driving?
Speaker 15: I was driving that night.
Speaker 6: What did you see when you arrived?
Speaker 21: Pulled up to the address, saw our ambulance crew. They had arrived just before we did. They were starting to walk to the back.
Speaker 2: Of the house.
Speaker 6: And did you follow yes? And what did you see in the backyard?
Speaker 21: Came to the backyard, saw Firefighter Dan Doherty kneeling next to a person. It was very dark, ended up being Miss Clancy. That was all we saw for a few seconds.
Speaker 6: And at that point, did you hear something?
Speaker 21: We did heard a voice yelling for us to get inside of the house, that there was a kid hanging in the basement.
Speaker 6: And did you go into the house? We did? And what entrance? Did you go in through the slider doors in the rear and did that lead you into the kitchen?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And then did you proceed to the basement yes? When you got down to the basement, down the basement stairs. Would it be accurate to state that you can either go right or left?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Which direction did you go?
Speaker 2: We took a left?
Speaker 6: And what did you see when you went left?
Speaker 21: We took a left, and we saw Callen and Cora face up on the ground.
Speaker 6: And when you saw them, what did you do?
Speaker 21: I immediately jumped on the radio to ask for two additional ambulances, that we needed more help, and we Patrick ran to Cora and I went to Callan.
Speaker 6: And as Exhibit one hundred, is this the room that you entered?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 9: And where was Cora to your memory?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 21: Cora was uh just to be left in this picture and Callen was just the right.
Speaker 6: And when you say just to the left, are you putting over towards the equipment against the wall in the picture?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: And when you say to the right, are you pointing to the.
Speaker 6: Area to the right of the dresser, yes, showing you Exhibit ninety eight. Is that the area where Callen was found?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 6: And close up Exhibit ninety nine. Do you see the pajamas there, the stethoscope in the blue exercise band.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 9: Do you you recall or moving Callen's pajamas.
Speaker 15: Trita, I did, yes, Bill.
Speaker 6: When you when you went over to Callen, you remove his clothing? What do you what do you do after that?
Speaker 21: I didn't remove his entire uh? Ones you right away made sure that checked him for a pulse he did not have one, immediately started chest compressions on him.
Speaker 6: Now, for this is an eight month old baby. Is the way you do chest compressions for a baby different than other people other ages?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 21: Because of the size you have to scoop your arms around and you compress with your thumbs and stud.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, so you said you have to put your hands underneath on the back of the child and then use your thumbs to do compressions. Yes, is that what you did for Callen?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what did you do next?
Speaker 21: Continued CPR on him until more help and hands started to arrive on scene. We had an off duty firefighter, Tom Brandt come in and he started to assist me. He took over compressions briefly while more help started to arrive.
Speaker 6: When Brant took over chess compressions, what did.
Speaker 4: You do at that point?
Speaker 21: Someone had brought down a bag valve mass to help us deliver oxygen to the child.
Speaker 15: And we started delivering oxygen to the child.
Speaker 6: And at some point did you remove the pajamas completely? And when you removed the pajamas completely? Was that so someone could attempt to get IOE access through the baby's legs? And was that successful?
Speaker 19: That was not successful?
Speaker 6: Now is that difficult to do with a child that age?
Speaker 21: It's a little more difficult, so it's a less frequent practice skill.
Speaker 6: But were multiple attempts made to get the ivy and access into the bone in Kellen's leg.
Speaker 21: I attempted once, and another provider attempted a second time.
Speaker 2: I don't remember who that.
Speaker 6: Was, and neither neither attempt was successful. What did you do next? What was your answer for what? I'm sorry, was either attempted successful?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: What did you do next?
Speaker 21: Eventually can and Fire arrived on scene to provide the ambulance for transport for Callen. I don't know how long we were in the base before, but we did make the decision eventually it was time to get moving to the truck and start going to the hospital.
Speaker 6: While you were working on Callen, did you notice any injuries on him?
Speaker 21: Yes, he had deep strangulation marks around the entire circumference.
Speaker 6: Of his neck and throughout the entire time that you're in the basement, our chest compressions being done and you're trying to assist him with breathing.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: Did he in the home ever gain a pulse or the ability to breathe?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 21: He did not.
Speaker 6: Was he eventually taken to the ambulance?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 6: And how was he removed from the basement and brought to the ambulance.
Speaker 21: I scooped him up in my arms and carried him outside.
Speaker 6: To the truck and did you go with him in that transport to the hospital. Yes, And at any point in time did he regain the ability to breathe or heartbeat during that transport?
Speaker 2: No he did not.
Speaker 6: Was care transferred to medical staff at Beth and this is real, Deaconess Plymouth, Yes, they were nothing further, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, thanks great, thank you.
Speaker 6: Be sipped down for come well calls. Robert Costanzo, Sure Constanzo?
Speaker 2: Wait this week? Good movie? Soon morning? Yes? Please, thank you?
Speaker 6: Good morning. Can you please state and spell your.
Speaker 19: Name for the record, It's Robert Costanzo cos T A n z O.
Speaker 6: And your day of birth please?
Speaker 19: Four twenty four, nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 6: Where do you work I Broke Fire Department and how long have you been a Pembroke firefighter?
Speaker 19: I've been there since twenty eleven.
Speaker 6: And are you also a paramedic?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 6: How long have you been a paramedic?
Speaker 19: I've been with Pembroke for since twenty eleven when I started an EMS in two thousand and six.
Speaker 6: And have you on all the training and certification required to be a paramedic?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I want to direct your attention to January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three. Were you working that day?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 15: I was.
Speaker 6: And were you working in overtime shift that day?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: What was your role on that shift?
Speaker 19: I was assigned to the ambulance.
Speaker 6: And at some point after six pm that day, was there a call put out by Duxbury Fire Department for mutual aid?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And being members of the Pembroke Fire Department, did you respond to that request from mutual aid?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Who responded?
Speaker 19: It was me and my partner who was your partner, Dan Smith?
Speaker 6: And did you go in an ambulance or some type of engine an ambulance? And did you respond to the area of forty seven Summer Street, Yes, we did, And approximately how long did it take you to get there?
Speaker 19: Between five and eight minutes.
Speaker 6: When you arrived.
Speaker 19: What did you see There were multiple pieces of equipment, other ambulances, police cars.
Speaker 6: When you arrived. Were you directed to the backyard yes? And did you see a patient there in the backyard?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: We did And where was she located?
Speaker 19: She was on the ground with a Duxbury firefighter. She was already sea spined on a long board with a collar. She was unresponsive but breathing on the ground.
Speaker 6: And did you learn her name? Was Lindsay Clancy. Yes, And when you say she was already on a board with the c spine, what type of equipment are we talking about and if you could just explain to the jars.
Speaker 19: So it's just a long flat board that we used to secure people when there's possible spinal injury, and she already had the collar on her neck.
Speaker 2: They had already started.
Speaker 19: Treatment prior to our arrival, so they had her all secured to the long backboard with the caller applied.
Speaker 6: And did you notice anything about her wrists at that time?
Speaker 19: Yes, her wrists were bandaged previously assuming some kind of injury. There was no active bleeding or anything through the bandage. It was just but her wristware bandaged.
Speaker 6: Was it white bandaging? Yes, and so nothing was seeping through to your eye. Did you see anything on her neck area.
Speaker 19: She had some superficial lacerations that we could see around the collar, but we don't typically remove equipment after it's already been placed, so I didn't investigate any further than that. There was no active bleeding that I could see, so we just left it alone.
Speaker 6: So there was even with the collar, there was nothing, no blood flowing out of the collar or pooling around her or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 6: Was she breathing?
Speaker 2: She was?
Speaker 6: Was she responsive? No? Was she making any noise at all?
Speaker 19: She was moaning and groaning, but no words, no verbal response.
Speaker 6: Did you bring her to your ambulance?
Speaker 19: Yes, we did.
Speaker 6: And when you got to the ambulance, what was your role?
Speaker 19: I was the tech in charge, so we did at much of an assessment as we could without removing her from the board, to look for any further injuries other than the injuries that the Duxbury Fire Department had already found. We didn't find any further injuries, and then we continue to treatment vital signs and such.
Speaker 6: When you did the assessment, did you look at her head?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: Were there any cuts or bumps or dents that you noticed in our head?
Speaker 2: Not that we noticed.
Speaker 6: Now, what about her arms? Other than the bandaging on her wrist? Were there any cuts, obvious broken bones or injuries to our arms or our hands?
Speaker 19: No obvious broken bones or anything.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: And you said you were the tech. What does that mean?
Speaker 19: I was the medic that was in charge. It's one or the other. You're either assisting the medic that's in charge, or you're the medic in charge. So I was the medic in charge and.
Speaker 6: Was anyone else in the back of the ambulance with you treating Mss Clancy? Yes, my partner, Dan Smith, who was dry in the ambulance if you recall it was.
Speaker 19: Our deputy chief Jim Shay.
Speaker 6: And do you recall which hospital you went to?
Speaker 19: Selcial Hospital?
Speaker 6: While you're well, let me ask you, how long approximately did it take you to get from forty seven in Summer Street in Duxbury to Celfial Hospital.
Speaker 19: It's typically about from Pembroke. It would be about fifteen minutes, so it would be a little bit longer than that. I'm not sure the exact time, so probably maybe eighteen minutes.
Speaker 6: And while you're in that transport in the back of the ambulance, after you've done this examination of Lindsay Clancy to see if there are any other injuries, what do you do next?
Speaker 19: So we would start treatment. So we started put into IVS as a precaution and any other treatment that was needed. So we noticed that her pupils were constricted and she was unresponsive, so we treated for a potential opioid overdose. We gave two milligrams a narcan, and she seemed to become a little bit more agitated, reaching trying to grab and reaching out with their arms, but no verbal communication. She never like fully woke up.
Speaker 6: And have you given narkan to individuals in the past in your role as a paramedic?
Speaker 19: Yes, I have.
Speaker 6: What is a typical reaction when you give a patient narcan?
Speaker 19: It depends on the drug that they took or the amount of drugs that they took. But depending on what they take, they usually their respirations will go up, their pupils will get a little bigger. Sometimes they fully wake up.
Speaker 2: We know who they are.
Speaker 19: The patient.
Speaker 6: And you were referring to patients that you've dealt with in the past in your role as a paramedic.
Speaker 2: Is that's correct?
Speaker 6: Yes, And so they would often wake up when given narcan?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what type of drugs based on your training experience, does narcan work on?
Speaker 19: We're trying to use it for opioid overdoses, so heroin, fentanyl, other drugs like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, And does narkan typically work on benzo diazepine.
Speaker 19: We are not trained to use it for any other anything other than opioids.
Speaker 6: And when you gave Lindsay Clancy the narcan, she did not wake up. Correct? No, did you provide any other care to Lindsay Clancy on the way to the hospital.
Speaker 19: Just continue to monitor vitals and make sure there was no decline.
Speaker 6: And once you arrived at the hospital, did you transfer her care to the hospital staff?
Speaker 2: Yes, we did.
Speaker 6: No other questions.
Speaker 2: So you're not trained in that can on benzo diazepin. Is that correct?
Speaker 19: Yeah, we don't give it for benzo diazepine.
Speaker 16: And in any event, when you gave narkan to the body that was laying on the ground, she had already.
Speaker 2: Been wrapped up on her wrist.
Speaker 16: Right, that's already been wrapped up, or had the thing on the neck to prevent the head from moving right, that's correct.
Speaker 2: And also I had bandages perhaps on her neck area. I'm not sure.
Speaker 19: There were no bandages that I could see because it's the collar blocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of it. I could see.
Speaker 19: There are some holes in the collar that we could see some superficial lacerations through, but there was no active bleeding. Her wrists were already bandaged, so we don't take the bandages off after they're on.
Speaker 16: There was no bloods good, I asked the questions you can answer, Okay, I can administered to Lindsey Clancy.
Speaker 19: On the ground, Yes, in the ambulance, but yes.
Speaker 2: And there was no reaction. It didn't have any effect on her.
Speaker 19: Right, she appeared to become a little bit more. She started like reaching and grabbing a little bit more than she was before.
Speaker 16: That's consistent as well with the person who's had a head injury, right, could be. Yeah, So in any event that I can that you trained would be dealing with opioids, right, Yes, that's correct. Now, did you know, sir at all, that she suffered a brisk fracture of a cervical spine?
Speaker 2: You know that, sir?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 16: T five through T six, T four six, seven eight all exploded fractured.
Speaker 2: Did you know that? No?
Speaker 16: Did you know that there was a hemorrhaging into her body, that she fractured every rib in her body? No, it was pretty dark out there, wasn't it it was? Did you obviously administer aid to her? Did you also have like a flashlight on your head? Were you holding a flashlight or what?
Speaker 19: She was already packaged, She was already on the longboard and everything. So we picked her up, put her on the stretcher and moved out of the backyard into the impautance.
Speaker 16: So how long did you handle if you will, her while she was laying there on scene?
Speaker 19: We were only unseen for I think it was seven minutes. I think total unseene from the time.
Speaker 2: That we got it.
Speaker 16: Yes, and it was dark in the backyard, right, Yes, there was no exterior lighting. No, no, nothing on the house that was lit up, like spotlights or anything. Right, that's correct, no flashlights, right, No. And you screwedanized a hole in the thing that goes around.
Speaker 2: The neck when someone has a head injury, especially cervical injury thoracic injuries.
Speaker 16: You scrutinized a hole and noted that it was superficial.
Speaker 19: That's all we could see through the side of the collar, me.
Speaker 2: And my partnerizing the hole as well the whole. I don't know.
Speaker 19: Yeah, there's holes in the collar that you can see through you.
Speaker 4: Were looking through, right, is your partner. And you've talked about.
Speaker 16: Your testimony with the district attorneys in the past, Avenue. Yes, one of the things that they asked you is whether or not it appeared as though the injuries to her neck or wrist.
Speaker 2: Were superficial. Isn't that right? Yes?
Speaker 16: And and and other than looking through the little hole in the thing around her neck in the dock, you didn't see her neck after that was removed, did you, no?
Speaker 2: Toll Yeah, caramo three direct sir.
Speaker 6: After the seven minutes that you were in the dark backyard, you were then in an ambulance for eighteen minutes with the patient. Correct, that's correct. And there's lighting in the ambulance. Correct. And during those eighteen minutes in the well lit ambulance, did you ever see blood seeping through the bandages on her wrists? During those eighteen minutes in the well lit ambulance, did you ever see blood pulling around her neck or flowing from the neck? No?
Speaker 2: Thank you any further, thank you, shaking me sitting down.
Speaker 10: Thank you for.
Speaker 9: Commel calls.
Speaker 6: Daniel Daherty, same objection and yessuleas.
Speaker 17: All right, Good morning, sir, Good morning, all right, thank.
Speaker 6: You, good morning. Can you please stay and spell your name.
Speaker 13: For the record, Daniel Daherty dou G H E R T Y and your date of birth eight twenty seven, nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 2: Where do you work Duxbury Fire Department.
Speaker 6: How long have you been with the Duxbury Fire Department.
Speaker 2: Five and a half years full time.
Speaker 6: Are you also a paramedic?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And how long have you been a paramedic?
Speaker 2: Four years?
Speaker 6: And have you completed all the training and education and certification required to be a paramedic?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: I want a direct your attention to January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three. Were you working that day?
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 6: And were you working a twenty four hour shift?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Did you what was your role that day on shift?
Speaker 2: Firefighter paramedic And.
Speaker 6: Sometime after six pm did you respond to forty seven Summer Street in Duxbury.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And when you responded, who was with you?
Speaker 2: Firefighter Heath was driving and Firefighter.
Speaker 6: Nud was in the back and so you're in ambulance one at the time said yes, yes. And when you arrive at forty seven Summer Street, what do you see?
Speaker 13: There was two police cruisers either blocking the driveway or near it. So we pulled the head of it, stopped the truck and got out.
Speaker 6: And did you head to get equipment and head to the backyard?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what did you see in the backyard?
Speaker 13: We had Officer Hall kind of directing us towards the side of to the side gate, and from there we went around to the.
Speaker 2: Back of the house.
Speaker 6: And did you see a female on the ground.
Speaker 10: We did?
Speaker 6: And did you learn that was Lindsay Clancy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Do you recall what she was wearing?
Speaker 2: I believe it was jeans and a tank top.
Speaker 6: Did she also have socks on?
Speaker 10: I believe so.
Speaker 6: And did you examine her or assess her once you reached her, Yes? And what if any injuries? Did you observe she.
Speaker 13: Had lacerations to both wrists as well as her neck and were.
Speaker 6: Those lacerations actively bleeding?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 6: Can you describe the lacerations that you saw on her neck?
Speaker 13: Ah, there was dry blood seemed to be somewhat superficial since there was no active bleed.
Speaker 6: And what about the cuts on her wrists?
Speaker 2: Same?
Speaker 6: And would you say same? Are you saying that there was no active bleeding there?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 6: And what if anything did you do to treat those wounds?
Speaker 13: We bandaged them up. I believe we placed ABD pad just a steril pad on her.
Speaker 2: Neck as well.
Speaker 6: You said an APD or a steril pad. Is that just a type of like gauze or something that you put on the wound?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: And so you you did that, and then you bandaged the risks or vice versa.
Speaker 13: I was the risk first, I believe, but we did secure the airway first before bandaging herst Okay.
Speaker 6: So when you first to arrive, is she breathing on her own?
Speaker 1: She was?
Speaker 2: Was she responsive somewhat?
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Not totally responsive? Pretty much? The painful stimuli and.
Speaker 6: What is painful stimuli?
Speaker 2: As we were moving her, she somewhat regained consciousness on us.
Speaker 6: And painful stimuli is that is that when someone reacts physically or verbally to pain.
Speaker 21: Yes, And so.
Speaker 6: You said that you assess her when you first get there. You said you did the airway first.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And how did you go about doing that?
Speaker 13: We placed an OPA device to scare her tongue down, just to protect her airway.
Speaker 6: What's an OPA device.
Speaker 13: It's a plastic device that depresses the tongue just to keep the airway open.
Speaker 6: So it's not the tube that goes down, it's just something that holds a tongue down, that's correct. And after you did that, what was the next step?
Speaker 2: Replaced the non breather air mask on her and set the.
Speaker 6: Oxygen So that is that just a mass that goes on the face providing oxygen, and then what did you do next from there?
Speaker 2: That's when we heard the scream And so what.
Speaker 6: Did you bandage the neck and the wrist before the breathing securing the breathing or after that was after? Okay? So just to be clear, first is securing the tongue down, putting the oxygen mask on, and then you did the bandaging?
Speaker 2: That was that came later?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Later?
Speaker 6: Okay? Okay, So when you hear the screaming, what, if anything.
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 13: I looked at Captain Hussey and Captain or Firefighter Heath and we kind of all looked at each other trying to figure out what was going on.
Speaker 6: And did did any of you leave the area after hearing the screaming?
Speaker 13: Captain Hussey did, Firefighter Heath went to go get a backboard for the patient.
Speaker 6: And did you stay with Lindsay Clancy? Okay? And then is it at that point that you do the bandaging or after you get the backboard?
Speaker 2: Kevin was gone for a while, so that's when I started bandishing up or wrists.
Speaker 6: And did he eventually return with the backboard? He did not, So you bandage the risk? What happens.
Speaker 13: Next, I believe it, his Officer Hall came to the backyard. He asked if I needed anything. I told him the board kind of gave him a direction of where in the truck it was, and then he also left to go grab that for me.
Speaker 6: And when you say the board, are you referring to the backboard?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did he return with the backboard?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And was Ms Clancy loaded onto the backboard?
Speaker 2: She was?
Speaker 6: And who assisted you with that?
Speaker 2: It was Officer Hall, I believe, and our retired deputy.
Speaker 6: And is there a process that you follow when placing someone onto a board to ensure that you don't cause further damage?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what is that process?
Speaker 13: I just see spine precautions, so you're secure them there can kind of make sure that it's immobilized as you.
Speaker 2: Kind of moved the patient.
Speaker 6: So what did you do to secure her neck?
Speaker 13: We had someone at her neck, I don't remember who. It was, just kind of whole study that her neck didn't move in the process.
Speaker 6: And then did you follow that protocol, the ce spine protocol to safely put her onto the backboard? And at some point was a collar placed around her neck?
Speaker 2: I believe so?
Speaker 6: Yes, and then what happened next?
Speaker 13: I believe I got on the radio and asked our captain who was transporting first, because we knew that there was multiple, multiple patients at that point.
Speaker 2: And what were you told Pembroke was on its way in. They may have just arrived and she was going with Pembroke.
Speaker 6: And were you part of the team that transported her from the backyard to the Pembroke ambulance?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you help load her into the Pembroke ambulance?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you go with them during that transport?
Speaker 17: It did not After.
Speaker 6: After Mss Clancy was loaded into the ambulance, did it leave yes? What did you do next?
Speaker 2: I went to our ambulance that was in the driveway at that point.
Speaker 6: And was Dawson Clancy in that ambulance?
Speaker 8: Was?
Speaker 6: And did you ride in the ambulance to the hospital with Dawson Clancy?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 6: What was your role in that ambulance?
Speaker 2: I was operating the bag valve mask for him.
Speaker 6: So you're you're trying to provide oxygen to him through the bag valve mask. And was his care then transferred to Beth Israel Deaconess Plymouth medical staff, Yes, and nothing further.
Speaker 16: Told me again, you were an EMT, a paramedic or a paramedic paramedic And howd on do you study for that two years plus?
Speaker 2: Would that be full time studying or are you working at the same litworking? Okay? Do you know on that evening what the temperature was outside? It was cold, wicked cool? Was in her thirties? Was lower than that, wasn't it? I couldn't It was really cold? Yeah? And how long was she laying in the snow and on the ground. We got the call at six ish or whatever time it was.
Speaker 16: We we respond came because her husband came home from picking up food and found her on the ground, right, correct, So you don't know how long she was laying in the snow on the ground, right, No, in the cold?
Speaker 2: Correct? And what's hemostasis? Do you know what's that? What'schemostasis? What does that mean? Just the coagulation?
Speaker 16: And you know what the effect of hypothermia? Let me ask you what's hypothermia?
Speaker 2: That's just the body under the under temperature of the body, under temperature of the body.
Speaker 13: Your body is not at temperature that should be right because of the environment, right cold, right, Sometimes it can be medically induced, right.
Speaker 2: Hypothermia affects the blood flow, doesn't it. Yes?
Speaker 16: In fact, you actually have a thing called therapeutic hypothermia, right, like if they have to restrict the blood flow to either a heart or a brain or something that a person can be induced medically to be cold and it would restrict blood flow.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 16: So all these questions about whether or not there's blood seeping through the wrist bandages and whether or not there's bloodles in the next race, you don't know what effect the hypothermia or with any head on that.
Speaker 2: Be direct, suir.
Speaker 6: It's typically heat in a hospital, correct, usually yes? And were you aware that well Trent mss Clancy went to Celsial Hospital correct?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And are you aware that the wound on her wrist did not have to be futured until the following day.
Speaker 2: I didn't get any of that information after.
Speaker 6: Were you aware that the wound on her neck never had to be futured?
Speaker 2: Same answer? Thank you you think for the Thank you sir, Thank you, stip.
Speaker 10: Down, thank you.
Speaker 9: Home well calls Vincent K Hill.
Speaker 2: You need to testify.
Speaker 6: Good morning, sir, sure, good afternoon, sir. Can you please stay and spell your name for the record.
Speaker 2: Sure, my name is Vincent Khill.
Speaker 22: To be v I N C E N T.
Speaker 2: Last name k Hill, that'll be c ah.
Speaker 6: Ilhill and your day of birth please.
Speaker 2: Eleven eleven, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 15: Where do you work.
Speaker 2: I'll work at the Duxbury Police Department.
Speaker 6: How long have you been with the Duxbury Police Department.
Speaker 2: About five and a half years.
Speaker 6: I want to direct your attention to January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three. Were you working that.
Speaker 2: Day, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 6: Were you on patrol?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And directing your attention further to approximately six to eleven pm where you dispatched to forty seven Summer Street in Duxbury, Yes, ma'am. And when you arrived there? How long did it take you to get there? Approximately a couple minutes. And when you arrived there, what did you see?
Speaker 22: When I arrived there, I saw a cruiser and driveway as well as an ambulance and the fire captain.
Speaker 6: And did you head to the backyard yes? And did you see a woman on the ground there being cared for?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you later learn that was Lindsay Clancy?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: At some point do you hear or did you hear loud screaming.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: And as a result of that, did you go inside the home?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you go to the basement area yes? And when you went down the basement stairs, did you go to the right or the left?
Speaker 2: Inshual. We went to the right, following the father.
Speaker 6: So as you're going down the stairs, you say, the fathers that Patrick Clancy.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 6: Do you see him as you're going down the basement stairs?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And where is he coming from? And where is he going to?
Speaker 2: It's coming from my left, heading to my right.
Speaker 6: And what is his demeanor?
Speaker 2: He was screaming?
Speaker 6: And as you came down the stairs, did he point in a direction?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Where did he point to to the left side? And is that where you headed?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And when you went to the left, did you see two children on the floor in that area of the basement yes?
Speaker 2: And what did you do?
Speaker 22: I checked the pulse of the five year old girl and passed that information along. And then when fire came on scene, I then was backing away because fire was going to start taking over taking care of the five year old girl.
Speaker 2: I then backed into the infant who was on the ground.
Speaker 6: So you said that you checked the five year old? Was that core Clancy. You checked her for a pulse? Did she have a pulse? And you said fire came down and started taking over. Was that firefighters from Duxsberry Fire Department?
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 6: And you said you started backing up. Is that what you bumped into calend Clancy?
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 6: And at that point in time, what did you do next?
Speaker 2: I checked Callen's pulse and did he have a pulse?
Speaker 6: Did fires take over care of Callen?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: At that point, did you do something to make it easier for the people to fit in the room and treat the children?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 22: I moved a large futon or ottoman, he's furniture.
Speaker 6: And I'm showing you Exhibit ninety six, directing your attention to the couch bed and the automan on top of it. Were you the one that placed that automan on top of the couch bed? After that, were you asked to help get some equipment for the children?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you do that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And did you bring the equipment to the basement yes? And after that, did you assist with getting Cora to the ambulance?
Speaker 22: I assisted with rescue breasts with Cora as well as CPR.
Speaker 2: I ad it with Officer Josephine, And.
Speaker 6: How are you doing the rescue breast and the CPR.
Speaker 22: I was using a bag valve mask myself an Officer Josephine were timing at every.
Speaker 2: Couple seconds. It was fifteen seconds. I was doing rescue breasts on Korra.
Speaker 6: And at some point she's taken out of the basement into an ambulance. Correct, did you assist with that?
Speaker 19: I don't recall.
Speaker 6: And at any point did she regain a pulse or or or ability to breathe while you were helping to assist her at some point in time where you've given the task of monitoring who came into the scene and who left the scene throughout the night, yes, and showing you what's titled entitled crime Scene Entry and Exit Log. Is this the form that you were in charge.
Speaker 9: Of just documenting every time someone came to the scene or left the scene. I have this marked the next specific.
Speaker 2: Place that may be admitted.
Speaker 6: Have nothing further, Thank you, council.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Donald approached, All right, it was the jury talking of council.
Speaker 1: You still there's a couple of issues that we have to kind of hammer out and get done and rather than if you wait around.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure how long that's gonna go.
Speaker 8: I'm going to excuse you for the day, all right.
Speaker 1: I told you sometimes the schedules don't always match up what I tell you they're going to do, even a couple hours before. So I'm gonna excuse you until tomorrow morning, all right. And so tomorrow morning, the plan is that we're going to go on this view, and I'll explain it a little bit more in detail tomorrow, but just so you can kind of picture your head, I'm going to ask you to be here, if you ready to come out here at nine o'clock. I'm going to address you, probably ask those same questions. Then I'll give you a little bit of information about the view. I'll give you an instruction. The view is we're going to go to a couple of areas. You're gonna be able to get out and look at these areas that the lawyers will be there. They'll be able to point out what they feel is significant. Uh, And at that point we'll then come back. We'll consider it's continue with some of the testimony. We may end up a little bit early tomorrow as well.
Speaker 2: In regards schedules, and.
Speaker 1: At that point, I'm gonna talk to council kind.
Speaker 8: Of see where we are in regards to the overall schedule.
Speaker 1: But it's my impression that we are ahead of schedule at this point.
Speaker 2: So I just kind of wanted to.
Speaker 1: Let you know that so we can excuse you till tomorrow morning rather than have you sit here and uh just kind of wait.
Speaker 2: In regards to that.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna excuse you till tomorrow. I'd ask you to be here at nine uh check the weather, uh see. Uh, but you'll be on the view in the morning and then there'll be some witnesses in the afternoon.
Speaker 8: All right, So remember I'm gonna ask you those questions.
Speaker 1: Don't read anything, don't talk about it, don't do any research, don't take any field trips.
Speaker 2: Uh, and I'll see it tomorrow morning. Okay, thank you?
Speaker 4: Cour all right, following h.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 8: In recess until tomorrow. The court, uh the media.
Speaker 1: The court had issued previously a specific order regarding the view. There's a supplemental order issued this morning, so everybody should just be aware of that. And uh, I want to thank everybody for uh the consideration and that will be in recess until tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, folks, can we clear the courtroom please,