Speaker 1: From border to border across the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This is Big Blue Insider. Talk to Tim Gabriel. Call eight five nine two eight zero Cats that's eight five nine two eight zero to two eight seven. Or state wide that's one eight hundred six oh six. Came that's one eight hundred six oh six or two sixty three. Or you can tweet the show that's Big Blue Insider one.
Speaker 2: Now here's Tick Gabriel.
Speaker 3: Hell, everybody through the facilities of the iHeartMedia megaplexis Tick Gabriel.
Speaker 4: This is the state wide edition of the Big Blue Society.
Speaker 3: You've heard comments from Mark Soops following the brush with greatness against those Georgia Bulldogs Wildcats almost pulled off the shocking upset and now they step out of conference and we will talk about that tonight with Aaron Gershan of the Cat's Balls and mister Jeff Picoro actually live in the studio with us tonight here on the state wide BBI Sharts story.
Speaker 5: It's been proven that Area Boots are one of the best values you will find function, comfort, durability.
Speaker 6: And style. With Areat, you get it all.
Speaker 5: You can go directly to the bootstore and find Kentucky's biggest and best selection of area Western boots, rugged work boots, casual footwear, clothing out of weear, and accessories from.
Speaker 6: Hat to toe. We've got you covered.
Speaker 5: We are the Bootstore on Nicholas Huell Road and at my bootstore dot com doing it right since nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 7: Kentucky is full of secrets, bourbon recipes, fishing holes, hunting spots. But Jack's Fresh Country Sausage has made from a secret family recipe, but has stood the test of time.
Speaker 8: So the recipe goes back over sixty years. It's not broken, so we have never tried to fix it. We've kept it exactly the same way. We make it, the same way. We use the same ingredients from the same vendors. Never change one time.
Speaker 7: People, if I'm all over the country, have fallen in love with the homegrown taste of Jack's Fresh Count Sausage.
Speaker 2: Our customers say it best. It's the sausage they grew up with.
Speaker 9: Cut Bugs in your house Call IPM. This is Matt Schaffer with IPM Pest and Termite. For over twenty years, IPM Pest and Termite has been servicing homes and businesses and spiders, crickets, termites, moles and mosquito services. Mention this ad and receive a discount on your pest maintenance service. You can always find out more by going to MYIPM dot com call us at two seven one eight eight five two.
Speaker 10: Have you been dreaming of upgrading your home environment? Maybe a larger TV, A sound system so real you feel you're at the game, music that plays throughout every room in your house, including the patio lighting you control with the touch of a button. This is Barney Miller and our team of technology experts customizes technology solutions for Kentucky homeowners. Stop by our showroom downtown or visit Barney for more inspiration at Barney Meller's. If you can dream it, we can design it.
Speaker 11: I had no idea of buying a big screen man. Everybody comes to my house for Gay Night.
Speaker 4: And what do they bring?
Speaker 11: Chips or work for Boons butcher shop. I'd be broke trying to feed them all. All right, let's see, should I go for the Pick five or get a meat bundle, maybe one of Boone's freezer baskets. So many options. I'm going for the cookout special Bundle. Now over to the Deli for some cheese, grab some marinate. I do love Boons Butcher Shop. They've got it all.
Speaker 12: Boons butcher Shop top quality meats for less one hundred Old Bloomfield Pike, Marchtown online at boons butchershop dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you need roofing work, call my friends at Empire Restoration, the number one roofing restoration company in central Kentucky. Customers say they love the way Empire shows up on time and does exactly what they say they're going to do. They're honest, reliable, affordable, dependable, they're passionate about their work. Call eight five nine four nine four five five four six or go to Empire ky dot com. Empire Restoration Best in the Bluegrass. Welcome back Dick Abriel here and ger Sean and I mentioned Jef Pico actually in the studio literally driving by.
Speaker 4: He usually joins us at eight thirty. What are you doing?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think he's trying to trying to plug in your headphones.
Speaker 13: I only get paid for thirty minutes? Am I going now? Am I going to day thirty?
Speaker 4: Every other minute? You can talk every other minute? And that'll bettle even out, won't it.
Speaker 13: I don't know, Bo, what do you think should I do it?
Speaker 4: Both suddenly goes quiet for.
Speaker 14: Once Blues Brothers oil or mud wrestling in.
Speaker 3: Or or if you were at a basketball game as el, what are the go big Blues Brothers?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Absolutely to really near to talk about it really is.
Speaker 4: I'm getting there.
Speaker 2: But the TBT helped, true, it did.
Speaker 3: Help, all right, hold chickens four four fried chickens and a coke. Be honest, both of you, mister Gershaw and mister Picoro, what did you expect Saturday.
Speaker 2: Going in for Georgia to cover the spread? When yeah, opened to open twenty four, closing twenty two. So yeah, Kentucky absolutely exceeded my expectations. To give him a lot of credit for him for it. But they could have won.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not only did they cover, they could have won.
Speaker 14: Kentucky, did you expect a route?
Speaker 13: Kentucky's the only team three in the past five years to hold Georgia under twenty points a game in the entire country.
Speaker 14: They're the only ones.
Speaker 2: They've lost all three. That's how good that freaking Georgia team is.
Speaker 3: In each of the last three Kentucky Georgia games in election in Georgia has scored no more than sixteen.
Speaker 2: Y's correct, Abe, It's amazing.
Speaker 14: It's unreal, and they haven't won any of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, u case twelve was their most UK's highest total in those three games.
Speaker 4: So you guys were way up high.
Speaker 3: You were probably about thirty feet apart up in a press box from where you all sat. I've heard mister Bocoro's take on this, but we'll get back to that. But Aaron, what were you seeing up there from the game or the magicians from the game.
Speaker 2: I thought Kentucky just brought it physical, physicality wise, especially on the defense side of the ball. I mean, we've Mark Stuop's talked about, everyone's talking about it in nauseum. But Zion Chouldiers kind of set the tone with those early TFLs. I mean he was getting in the backfield and making things happen, and it felt like Georgia. They were rattled offensively. Carson Beck didn't looked all Who's mark point Stoops pointed out, it is going to be a top ten draft pick, might be a Highsman Trophy candidate. He didn't look comfortable all night. Trevor Etn's a guy Kentucky's always played really well against when he was at Florida, he didn't really kill them that much. And Kentucky's defense just seemed to be on everything Georgia was doing. And then offensively, they really just kind of kept going in the right direction in the run game, like we've seen the first two weeks of the season, and then you know, the past game, there wasn't much there, but I thought there was. It was at least a little bit better. There were some things you can build on. So I saw a team that physically met the challenge. They've imposed their will as best they can. But I also saw some really really good especially on the defensive side of the ball. Future NFL players from Georgia's defense makes the incredible plays that stopped some things I think might have been open for Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Jeff, you said it more than once to Tom on the area. He's just so these guys don't beat themselves.
Speaker 13: That's what Kirby sparks team ever since he's gotten there. They don't make mistakes, they don't throw interceptions, they don't fumble the football, they just don't do anything. And plus the speed of their defense was ridiculous. I mean, there was a hole that I thought, you know, you could have run through and you gain yeah, and you gain two yards. I mean, it just closes that fast. They're just they're solid. I mean when you watch them, you're like, okay, this is that's a team you want to pat on yourself after. And they were befuddled. And he knew it coming in. He'd been saying it all week if you listen to the Telecot Coaches teleconference and things like that, he said, look, you know he has I know they have a lot of respect for each other. And some people say, well, they don't open it up. They kind of play it this way. No they don't, No, they don't. Georgia wants to be number one and guess what, they're not number one today. Texas is number one. They're just they're really good and for whatever reason, it's kind of like when we talk about Mississippi State Kentucky places. Mississippi State doesn't matter if Kentucky's ten and oh they're going ten, Yep, it's going to be a three, four, five point game. That's just the way it is with them. And it just seems that way with Georgia. Last year I think was an anomaly. There was some injury, and then what happened early in that game with missed passes, and then the horrible penalties that Kentucky put on themselves. And again Mark said it today, and I'm absolutely amazed by this. Seven fumbles the last two weeks. Seven I guess how many of the Kentucky's recovering not a is that amazing?
Speaker 2: And he said I meant to go fact check him on it, but he's probably right that either in twenty thirteen or fourteen, you know, those two tough years he had to start a tenure here, they led the country in full recovery. So it's not necessarily sat that proves you're good or bad. Was the only one that makes I mean, obviously when it's seven, it makes you want to pull your hair out, But watching the plays, the one I think it was the second stript back against South Carolina. Kentucky had two guys with their hands on the ball and just couldn't grab it. But other than that, because bad luck.
Speaker 13: I also thought that and I know you everybody wants to talk about this because when I got to work today, everybody asked me the interception that wasn't And again, the one thing that your buddies with TG shuck.
Speaker 14: You work with him forever.
Speaker 13: And everg Yeah, and he's like, you know, here's the thing. There has to be definitive, right, without a shadow of a doubt.
Speaker 14: It's kind of like a murder case without a shock.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's written down anywhere. Shadow of a doubt. Let's leave it definitive.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it has to show. You got to be able to see.
Speaker 13: Okay, yes, it's it's an incomplete pass because they called it a touchdown and an interception or fumble recovery.
Speaker 4: Which they're doing now.
Speaker 3: You and Tom point then out all the time, don't blow the whistle, check that, let.
Speaker 13: It go, because that's what that is what the replay is for. And they do it all the time in the NFL too. They'll look at each other and.
Speaker 4: Go maybe too much.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but but again to me, I'm I I've watched it a hundred times, and a hundred times I say, you gotta let that. But then I go back to the Ohio State Clemson National championship. Guy catches the ball, takes three steps, turns up field, and he gets stripped for the touchdown. They call it a touchdown. The field and it's overturned. I guess who.
Speaker 14: S east don't know sec replay officials got that gate.
Speaker 3: Now, Aaron, you had conversations with people, and you sounded to me like you had convinced yourself it was an not.
Speaker 2: Necessarily it was either. It's so hard to tell. But the ruling that I kept coming back to is.
Speaker 14: Incomplete.
Speaker 2: No I thought I thought he completed the pass. It was a catch and dead ball at the spot.
Speaker 4: It was one of three things.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was a pat and I didn't think it was an incomplete.
Speaker 4: Pased on what you said, I hadn't even thought about that.
Speaker 3: It's either incomplete and he's down, incomplete, playover or pick.
Speaker 2: I thought completed pass. I didn't think it was an incomplete pass. I thought that was wrong on the officials, right.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was a catch. I love it, but since he's on the ground and it's not like the NFL where you have to actually touch him, I thought he's down by but he didn't.
Speaker 3: To me, I thought it was enough he had his hands under the football, therefore it was a live balla I don't think he In other words, if if if zion hadn't picked the ball out of the air and the ball hit the ground, it would have been incomplete sure, which means I don't think it was a.
Speaker 4: Completion at any point.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 13: Here's here's what, in my opinion, kind of takes for it. If had he rolled over and held onto it, yes, it would have been a catch.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, no doubt.
Speaker 13: He rolled over, he still had control of it when he gets to a probe position on his back and the balls on his chest. And I don't know if he hit his shoulder pad, but.
Speaker 4: I think it was just momentum.
Speaker 13: If it's a cat, yes, if it's a if he bringing it up, underneath it, bringing it up the ball never after he rolls over, never touches the ground. So I thought it was either it had to be an incomplete pass or touchdown. Had he helped on to it, it would have been a complete pass.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I don't think it was an incomplete pass. But I'm with Jay, and I know we're all terribly parochial here. Maybe you're not not you, Aaron, but those of us on the network. I'll admit to that. However, I'm also partial to officials. I did it for a while. My brother has done it for fifty years. But like you're going back to your original point, there has to be definitive, definitive, you know, not shadow of a doubt necessarily, but just definitive. You know there's not is there enough to overturn it? And I just didn't think there was so anyhow these things happen, They still had their opportunities. Are you used the d word decision That is the talk of the town, to talk of the way media. Yeah, so uh, And you know it's just so easy now. The hindsight's always but as I've always said, hindsight is great or second guessing is great. But what was your opinion before the ball was snapped when.
Speaker 2: It was fourth and seven?
Speaker 3: You said it as much on the air, Yeah, as did I, and we all said later had it been fourth.
Speaker 2: And four, then you know that's where I thought they screwed it.
Speaker 3: But backing it up, and then some folks who pointed this out that second exactly, yes, when they threw the ball on second down and maybe even third down, because to me, I kept I kept saying, to these guys, play it like four down territory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that's where I thought they shot themselves in the foot, and I wrote as such on Sunday. I just thought, you're running the first of all, you take the sack yards out. I off top of the sack yard rule, like it should not count.
Speaker 3: Why is it still?
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. The fel all right, I'm done with it. But you take out the sackyards twenty six yards. Kentucky ran for over two hundred yards on the day without the sackyards. They averaged five yards per carry on that Georgia front who was banged up too. You gotta you know, they got to take that into account. You're that whole drive that started at your own sixteen. They threw two passes, an incomplete pass and then the defensive hole that extended the drive. So you didn't even complete a pass to get to the to Georgia side of the field. You ran the damn ball. You're second and eight. Run it again. It's working every play, and then you move into hopefully you get to third and medium, you can run it again and try a fourth and short. You could throw it at that point, but on second down. I just that was mind boggling to me, and bush Handen said after the game that wanted to be aggressive, and I just I don't agree with that.
Speaker 13: Aaron, tell me if you think this okay, I don't mind them throwing there.
Speaker 14: I wish they'd run.
Speaker 13: But if you're going to throw, why not a quick guess to the tight end, right, a quick pass to the outside that we call an extended run. Yeah, something not a rollout turn and try to fool him and to the.
Speaker 2: Back knocked down right away.
Speaker 13: Only I thought they only had two guys out on the route and Stevens was open, but it was batted down the line because he did all that stuff to get to that point.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the first past it was batted down.
Speaker 2: And then the third down play look third and eight. Yeah, it's predictable passed and Mark Steps talked about that at nauseum today and that play if you go back and watch it. Man to Fred Ferrier was running wide open, maybe a touchdown, but.
Speaker 14: Well that's when he's coming across.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pass protection doesn't hold up. Jalen Walker, who was just in in Brock vand Grill all game, came around the edge and forced a bat throw.
Speaker 3: Well, many ways this game could have turned out, but it did show us. I think what can be different from what we all thought last week. We'll talk about that when we come back. We're here in the studio with Aaron Gershan and Jeffikoro and the statewide BBI sky Chile has teamed up with the Bengals to bring you six super cool collectible cups featuring Bengals greats Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase, Mike Kilden, Bogan, Wilson T.
Speaker 15: Higgins, and Dj Reeder. There's a different player each week and the only place you can get these collectible cups is participating Skyline restaurants. Supplies are limited, so you've got to act fast. Get into the Skyline today. And as for your mountain doing a super cool Bengals cup, additional charges apply.
Speaker 16: Hey, Big Lunation, Liquor Barn has everything you need for this week's Wildcat action. To stock up on all your game day supplies, head to your narest liquor Barn store. You know, you can also place an order for pickup or delivery, and you can do that on the Liquor Barn website or on the app. It's just that easy to shop for your favorite spirits, wine and beer with Liquor Barn Liquor Barn where Kentuckians go to celebrate life.
Speaker 4: Go cats.
Speaker 17: When you travel, they always say, get a room with a view. And there's no better way to travel than the roomy new Toyota Camry. It's all hybrid all the time, so you can take your travels even farther. Now through September thirty, you can lease a Camri l EAP for two ninety nine a month for thirty six months with thirty two ninety nine. Do its signing with a proof credit through TFS Text Title and License Extra. Call one eighty eight thirty six Toyota for details or go to Toyota dot com. Book your room now, Toyota, Let's go places.
Speaker 18: When you decide to sell your home, don't settle for a good agent, go for a great one. Go for a Wikerd agent. A Wikerd agent looks at you as a partner, not a transaction, and will work day and night to get you the results you're looking for. And your Wikard agent is backed by the Wicker brand With over fifty years of experience. Wikerd agents have guided thousands of buyers and sellers through every facet of home ownership. Don't settle for good, go for great work with a Wikerd agent. Each Wikerd franchised office is independently owned and operated.
Speaker 19: Hey is your favorite big blue football team goes hunting for trophies this season, and UK Federal Credit Union already has one in the back. Thanks to our dedicated team and the positive feedback from independent surveys of our members, we won Forbes Best in State Credit.
Speaker 4: Union for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 19: Exceptional service and credible rates and convenient locations are just the few of the skills that we'll be using on our grid iron to help us earn your vote and make UKFCU back to back champions in twenty twenty five. It's UK Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the University of Kentucky. Membership eligibility required, federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 20: Ever, wonder where the capital A in Chick fil A came from.
Speaker 21: It started with.
Speaker 10: Grade A top quality chicken, but we believed everything, not just the food, should be Grade A.
Speaker 22: Hi, I'm Jira, I am a team leader at Chick fil A. To me, the A and Chick fil Ady is a smile. I want to give the guests a little encouragement, maybe just a little joke that makes them laugh when they come through the drive through.
Speaker 10: The A and Chick fil A is for all the little things we do to bring you our best every day.
Speaker 4: Real team member paid for their testimonial Board of the Border.
Speaker 3: It is the Big bruinsider Dick Gabriel Ire and Gershwan Jeff Pecora in the studio with us literally driving past the radio station and called me and said, what time you guys actually going the air? So here he is and we're talking, of course about Kentucky Georgia.
Speaker 4: Last week.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to keep looking back at South Carolina. But I think what this game did was well change my mind because when I I said eight wins this year, then after that South Carolina game.
Speaker 4: I didn't go to well, they may not win another game, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm thinking, man, if they can win three with you know, but now I got to adjust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this, what this wind does is our win. I shouldn't say that this moral victory, but it is a moral victory. But uh whatever, uh this look, you got to take care of business this weekend. The back is kicked butt, so you can't you can't overlook Ohio, but you got to take care of business. Kind of bring the same attitude to Old Miss. I actually think Old Miss matches up better with Kentucky than Georgia does in a way with their tempo offense, with their defensive line that just blitzes the crap out of teams. I think that Old Miss kind of matches up better. So say you're two and three, that the next three games are all SEC games that frankly you should win. And that's Vandy who just lost the Georgia State after their nice start, uh, Florida who's a disaster, and Auburn who lost to cal is starting a true freshman night quarterback down. I mean, you gotta that that's where the season will come down to.
Speaker 3: Those three games, in my opinion, and you gotta hope that Florida doesn't get it together before.
Speaker 2: I think I better hold Billy Nape. You're still the head coach.
Speaker 3: When you're when you're lining up though, even if he's gone the same I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, if he's gone same players, yes, but there's always that spark that seemed to bring and I don't think you want to deal with that.
Speaker 3: No, No, how much, mister Bicoro, Did it change your outlook on the season.
Speaker 13: I think that we thought that if they could get to oh Miss at two and two or three and one, that that in my thinking, I thought they would be I thought they'd beat three and one quite exankly. I thought they beat South Carolina.
Speaker 4: But it's how they lost.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 13: Watched South Carolina now, l s U. I don't think is as good as every he thinks there either, and South Carolina's.
Speaker 2: Just it just I couldn't stop a noseby in the second.
Speaker 14: No, I mean they're just not that good.
Speaker 13: No, They've got a they've got three really good players on defense, and then their offense is rocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was talking one of my guy, Yeah, one of my friends covered South Carolina. We're talking in the press box before that game, and he comes up to me. He's like, all right, how much is Kentucky winning this game?
Speaker 9: By?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 13: It blew everyone and and and for whatever reason, Kentucky can't beat him. Now three years in a row of three games that they could have should have wol you know, won and they didn't. So I don't think it changes what I'm thinking, but I agree with you Aaron. I think that the Old Miss game is a huge game. Old Miss is good, they're good, and they got a great quarterback. If they can play like they did against Georgia, then I think, okay, the rest of the season is going to be all right. But if they go in there and lay an egg like they have you know before, in big games like that, then I think that they're in big trouble because this team is not in Mark set it again today. This is not a team built on going back there and throwing for three hundred and fifty yards and four touchdowns to the year. Even though you've got great receivers, they're just that's not their build now, the pass protection, the way it is.
Speaker 4: Well, here we are talking about Ole Miss, and we've overlooked Ohio. Well, mister former player.
Speaker 14: You know I used to do Ohio games.
Speaker 4: That's right, you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the the Bobcats and they've got a tremendous I've been on that campus. It's awesome, wonderful. It's a danger I think I think it's it's dangerous.
Speaker 13: Yes, Frank Solich when he come in and took over, he's been there a while. Yeah, well he's he left two years ago. But I mean when he when he took over for Groby, he went to Wake Forest and turned their programmer. Yeah, left Nebraska, Yep. It just it really took off. And they they won ten games, I think two years in a row. They've been to Bowl games. Their win They're a really good MAC team. This is going to be a much harder game than I think a lot of people thought.
Speaker 14: And you just look at what the MAC does. Weeke in and wok out.
Speaker 13: I mean, they've got the top end of the MAC. The top three schools are really good. They really are. Then after that I think it falls off.
Speaker 3: But plus I think Mac team, I've always said it their top twenty two. A lot of those kids can play in the Power Conferences.
Speaker 2: They're running back. Yeah, I was about to say, and I think Jeff you brought it up to Stoops in the press conference today. They're running back who's a transfer from Northwest.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two hundred two yards Week one against Syracuse, who was border. They're having a great year under Georgia dB coaches now their head coach.
Speaker 4: To me, the biggest difference is depth.
Speaker 2: They don't have it. That's that's exactly right. But their starters are solid, and they, like Jeff said, they won ten games. The last two.
Speaker 3: Teams have come in here and one sure MAC teams have come in here and given Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Nor Illinois two years ago yep.
Speaker 3: And the year after you left Bowling Green came in here and beat Kentucky.
Speaker 13: Well, I think the one thing you have to remember or not remember, but the one thing you need to know about a MAC team is this. They get raided every year by pitt West, Virginia, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, all those big schools from the power conferences look at them and see a nice wide receiver farm system. They see a left tackle named Marcus Cox and that you go in, you offer money, and they come to come play for you. I thought, the greatest quote I've ever heard from a coach ever, other than John McKay say he.
Speaker 14: Was for the execution of his team, was what.
Speaker 2: Frank Martin Chuck Martin Miami.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I said, Frank, which was the basketball coach where he said that, Uh, it was the kicker day before their first game. They said, well, you know you're having to break in a new kicker. You lost, you know, you lost your kicker. You know Joe Smith, like she goes, Oh, we didn't lose him. I know exactly where he is helm.
Speaker 4: From US.
Speaker 14: I know where he is. We didn't lose him.
Speaker 2: Oh it was it was awesome, It was awesome. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, as soon as the portal came around. And what did Lane Kiffin say, yeah, legalized cheating.
Speaker 13: Yes, well, look, and who was the one that's benefited more than any other Coachlane Kiffin?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh, they dominated.
Speaker 3: And they could also say coach prime. You could also say although making an advantage wildly more successful.
Speaker 4: And you know, well is Jeff Brohm.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Oh Louisville. Louisville's taking great advantage of Well, when.
Speaker 2: We preview will Miss next week, we're gonna be like, oh this guy's oh transfer transfer transfer, every literally the whole team is transfers.
Speaker 14: But Dick, you're from Louisville.
Speaker 13: And here's here's the big problem and what I'm the most afraid of for the University of Kentucky program other than Joe Kraft.
Speaker 14: Here, what is another.
Speaker 13: Multime multi multi million dollar business based in Kentucky, I mean in Lexington.
Speaker 14: They're all Louisville. Yeah, I mean there's something.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, they're you know, if if, if they can tap into that, they've got to.
Speaker 3: But just because I remember, just because they're in Louisville doesn't mean they're devoted to.
Speaker 14: No, you're you're exactly right, you're exactly Louisville.
Speaker 3: The city is still somewhat sure now it used to be eighty percent to twenty UK. Yeah that's changed through the years, No, it has, but still yeah, no, you're right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there.
Speaker 13: Has to be something done sometime soon. For the simple fact that teams like Oklahoma State, teams like Texas A and m they have teams like Miami. Miami has lost so much money they don't know what to do with it down there. That's why they're top five team of the country. They have bought them.
Speaker 2: They bought a three quarterback.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, and it's so where does that end? I mean, I know what people tell me, Well, Joe Kraft could go buy a ten million dollar ham, he could give to it. I said, that goes to charity, and it's you know, it's totally different.
Speaker 3: Joe Kraft and his bride have poured a lot already into not just football and basketball, and.
Speaker 2: Especially now that Mark Pope is here in Cal's gone. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, uh well it's Kentucky and Ohio coming in.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I hate to bring this up. I talked about Mac teams coming in, but probably it's a it's a toss up. The LSU game is bad in the in the Rich Brooks era, but it kind of spawned the turnaround two weeks later.
Speaker 4: But that Ohio you lost.
Speaker 2: And it was four, wouldn't I was.
Speaker 3: On a homecoming night with the team wearing throwback jerseys that we all thought was really cool.
Speaker 4: They were really cool. Plus the Ohio you banned, which is nuts, came.
Speaker 3: Down, put on a hell of a show and Kentucky stunk up the joint and lost that homecoming game.
Speaker 2: Only four and two against the Bobcats.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the Mac has come in and and ruined the evening. They got to make sure that doesn't happen again. We'll talk more Kentucky football on.
Speaker 4: The other side of the break here.
Speaker 3: It's the state wide edition of the BBI.
Speaker 5: It's been proven that Area Boots are one of the best values you'll find function, comfort, durability.
Speaker 6: And style. With Area you get it all.
Speaker 5: You can go directly to the Bootstore and find Kentucky's biggest and best selection of area Western boots. Rugged work boosts, casual footwear, clothing out of weear, and accessories from hat to toe.
Speaker 6: We've got you covered. We are the Bootstore on Nicholas.
Speaker 5: Hill Road and at my bootstore dot com doing it right.
Speaker 6: Since nineteen eighty four, have you.
Speaker 10: Been dreaming of upgrading your home environment? Maybe a larger TV, a sound system so real you feel you're at the game, music that plays throughout every room in your house, including the patio lighting you control with the touch of a button. This is Barney Miller and our team of technology experts customizes technology solutions for Kentucky homeowners. Stop by our showroom downtown or visit Barneymiller's dot com for more inspiration at Barney Miller's if you can dream it, we can design it.
Speaker 7: You know, in a world that moves so fast, it's good to know that some things are still made the old fashioned way by your friends and neighbors, with the same quality.
Speaker 14: What I get from a lot of people that eat it so like.
Speaker 6: I haven't had.
Speaker 8: Sausage like this since my family or my grandfather. My uncle used to make their own sausage at the farm. Our processing is a lot less strenuous on the meat we mix with our hands, which also creates a nicer texture.
Speaker 2: Of the product.
Speaker 7: Chake's Fresh Country Sausage still made the old fashioned.
Speaker 8: Way, look forward in the yellow orange package at your local retailer.
Speaker 21: Hey, guys, games on whether you're cheering on the wildcats from the stands or from your den.
Speaker 4: Go cats, Dude, you spilled the nachos.
Speaker 21: Kentucky Utilities is there with you, delivering safe and reliable energy you can count on. But power isn't the only thing we provide. With KU, you can take advantage of convenient time saving services like our online outage map, paperless billing, and auto pay. So while the cat's energies go to serving up wins at KU, our energies go to serving you Hi.
Speaker 3: This is Dick Gabriel telling you that New Life is now a proud member of Disaster clean Up International, North America's largest disaster restoration contracting organization. New Life DKI are experts for providing water, fire, smoke and bold clean up twenty four to seven emergency response to your home or business.
Speaker 4: So when disaster strikes call.
Speaker 14: New Life DKI at eight five nine.
Speaker 3: Two six three two six two five eighty five nine two sixty three two six two five or visit New Life DKI dot com and tell your insurance provider if you prefer New Life DKI.
Speaker 12: When is the last time you took a good look at your house, actually walked all the way around and looked at the exterior. Mold, dust, weather can drastically change the way your home looks and caused damage. Hydrosphere Services is the first and only call you need to make. Hydrosphere Services are the experts in pressure and power washing. Plus they are certified and sured and trained to give you the best in class cleaning services. If you are a home or a business owner, make the call now to Hydrosphere Services two one nine twenty two hundred.
Speaker 6: That's two one nine twenty two hundred.
Speaker 12: Or visit Hydrosphere Services dot com.
Speaker 6: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: It's the state wide edition of the Big Blue and Sider Dick Gabrielle.
Speaker 4: Aron gershom Billy rud Lynch has the evening off. So Bill Robinson is.
Speaker 3: Pushing all the buttons tonight and here in the studio with us is Jeff Biicour. Usually he's on the celebrity hot line, and you know, I was remiss at the top of the brocket. I wanted to dive in to the Georgia game and look ahead to a I although we've already skipped past them, we need to double back and talk more about that game. But I skipped right over the NFL stuff. Jeff, Your Bengals played well, lost in the last and if not for a pass interference call, there was.
Speaker 4: A good call. But I don't think it didn't have.
Speaker 2: To happen, didn't have to live.
Speaker 3: I felt like that pass was going to be incomplete, or if he had timed it a little better, he could have broken it up.
Speaker 14: You agree, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 13: It shouldn't have come down to that. No, it really shouldn't have. It's just did you see there was something and you'll love this. It was about the you know, the Dallas Cowboys are the most beloved but also the most hated team in the NFL, not anymore. Do you know who it is?
Speaker 2: The Patrick Mahomess.
Speaker 14: Yes, the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Based on what.
Speaker 13: They do, these polls that we get at the TV stations, all these you know, thousands and thousands of you know, it's like that the most expensive NFL ticket price wise is and they list them one to thirty, you know, so you have, you know, everyone thirty two.
Speaker 4: They win too much.
Speaker 13: Well, I just think that, I really think that when you watch a game. Even I've got no skin, I could care less. Kansas City down there, Okay, I liked them when Lynn Dawson was taking London lung darts and drinking fantas on the sidelines, that's something.
Speaker 14: But you know, I could care less.
Speaker 13: But when you watch them, you're like, okay, how is that not a penalty? You know, on Kansas City? And then the same thing happens on the other one, and it's a nalty on the other team. And it's like.
Speaker 14: It's like Georgia.
Speaker 13: Every call, every fifty to fifty call on the Kentucky Georgia game. No, I'm just saying the Kentucky Georgia game, everything that could have happened. I'm not just calls, but every fifty to fifty players, yeah, goes to them, and you're like, gosh, do they.
Speaker 14: Get everything because they're so good. It's just like the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, you played on a winless Kentucky team. You played on a Kentucky team that won nine games, didn't you get more calls as a nine win team?
Speaker 14: You probably is going to be looked at differently.
Speaker 4: Yes, but in here's why you are a better team.
Speaker 14: No, you're better I mean I team. I'm not taking that.
Speaker 3: My point is if you have better athletes, they will execute better, they will perform better, and therefore they won't make the mistakes that lead to penalties. That's my always been my content. You know, laden ball games, you know, athletes get tired, sure, and they end up grabbing instead of blocking and that kind of thing.
Speaker 13: But I'm talking about just even when you watch the game, like Mark Stoop said, we had there's been seven balls on the ground.
Speaker 14: How do we not get any of them? And one of them there's two of your guys well, and then one of theirs comes.
Speaker 3: You lost your mind last year down at Athens when that ball was laying there on the ground all by itself.
Speaker 13: Because I'm looking at their officials, I'm like, nobody's blown the whistle and.
Speaker 14: Taught to play.
Speaker 4: He kept going, that's a live ball.
Speaker 14: You're taught to play.
Speaker 13: Until you hear the whistle and and our guy, uh, I can't think of his name, the linebacker for Kentucky's just standing.
Speaker 14: I'm like pick it up, picking up and running.
Speaker 3: It was either d Jack or Trevin Trevin Waller.
Speaker 4: You should have seen.
Speaker 14: You're in the booth.
Speaker 3: You're in you're in a press box that you don't hear us. But those of you who do listen to our radio broadcast, you hear mister bricor or revert to his football when there's a ball on the ground.
Speaker 14: He goes, It's just a good thing. They can't hear some commercials.
Speaker 2: That's true, all right.
Speaker 3: So you're New York Giants, Oh god, he came the first only only because you made history, the first NFL team to score three touchdowns, not give up any touchdowns and loose yep, all because that.
Speaker 4: Is Giants as it gets.
Speaker 2: Yes, the reason it was malpracticed that they were in that spot in the first place. Their kicker, Graham can know the Giants kicker injured. On Saturday, when you have time to make a practice squad elevation and bring another kicker up, the Giants decide not to bring an extra kicker up. He's struggling to kick in warm ups and then first play of the game Giants. The kick return for Washington, goes for a touchdown, gets hold back for a Holdo pulls his hammy, chasing him down. Nice out for the rest of the game. So the Giants scored three touchdowns, like you said, first one, they have the punter try an extra point, missus terribly, so they're scared off.
Speaker 14: So Chado Joe Sinko kicked that extra point.
Speaker 2: Not the punter. He couldn't do it. So then they go for two, don't get it. Then they go two again after Wandell Robinson former Cat, scores a touchdown and drop not by Wandelle Zarious and defense. Seven drives for the Commanders. Seven field goals. No, this was the field goal game. Yeah, so just all I watched this weekend between the team I cover and team I love is field goals.
Speaker 3: So you never saw the team you cover the team you follow score touchdown even thought about all.
Speaker 2: The times scored three touchdowns.
Speaker 4: I watched the other team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I watched Kentucky lose because they didn't they had two little field goals, and then I watched one win because they had that.
Speaker 4: My Packers, who were home dogs in Lamba, the Sacred Turf, the Sacred.
Speaker 3: Howard Droughts, underdogs. They won, and Malik Willis not Sean Clifford, who played ahead of Will Levis at Penn State. They brought somebody in. They traded for milk because they're two after their camp.
Speaker 4: Their two backup qbs weren't any.
Speaker 3: Good, so they brought in Malik Willis, who was given every opportunity to win the Titans job and couldn't do it. So anyhow, we won, so that even stings up. Meanwhile, Will Levis makes another bonehead plays.
Speaker 4: He's looking so.
Speaker 2: Good at times he's yeah, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Think it is getting back to your chiefs. I think he sees Mahomes making incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and that's how he was here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well you know here you can say, uh.
Speaker 2: We two I'm talking more than twenty one. Though, when you had a great offensive line, you had a star receiver, and you had a star running back in there were still thirteen picks in there.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: So all right, getting back to the wildcast, they've got Ohio coming in, and again, a dangerous game could be a trap game, there's no question about that. But you were in the room when I interviewed Zion Childress postgame. Uh, and I think he spoke to you guys too, Aaron about he is a leader, what he had to do to keep He said, to keep my guys from dwelling on the South Carolina game. It's going to take a different kind of leadership this week, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 14: Because he it takes a play.
Speaker 13: Look, and we always talk about false bravado, you know that a lot of players have because you can blow your chest out and act like you're tough and stuff. But this is a game where the seniors, the upper classmen have to really keep everyone engaged because it's not Georgia. This isn't the number one team in the country. This is a MAC team. Yeah, okay, Well show them what Northern Illinois did it, Notre Dame, show them, you know, all these games at that.
Speaker 4: And also show them what South Carolina did, do you guys?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well, and what I was going to get when you right, what I was going to get at is this Tennessee. They just bludgeon people, Right, That's the mentality you have to have. You can't go up and down with how good the team is. When you and Stoops kind of talks about this. If you read between the lines, he's saying, we have to become that mentality that we go out there and not just say we're Alabama, we're gonna win, but go out there and beat somebody. When was the last time Kentucky beat somebody sixty to seven and you could put the backups in?
Speaker 14: Never happened?
Speaker 13: While Yeah, remember we talked all last year or the year before about oh wait, we're finally gonna get to see bo Allen. We're finally gonna get to see this guy. We're finally getting and it's and it's fourteen to seven at halftime.
Speaker 14: You're not gonna get to see that.
Speaker 3: I don't think we would have seen that in all fairness in the season opener.
Speaker 14: Yes, I think possibly, you know.
Speaker 2: Also, speaking of Tennessee, did you see what they did up thirty and nothing? They tried a non sides kick. No, I don't know if they got it. I was just told about that and then I didn't go why, But I did read that up thirty they tried in on sides. How do you feel about that? Mister? I hate Orange that.
Speaker 14: They deserve whatever they get from.
Speaker 4: Whoever football karma.
Speaker 2: They're rolling.
Speaker 4: Man, I had not heard.
Speaker 13: There's the reason why Bob Stoops got rid of him in Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: And guess who they played this weekend? Oklahoma and Norma in Norman with college game they're going to town.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get back to Kentucky, Ohio.
Speaker 3: What do we need to see as media people, as fans, as coaches, anybody with any skin in this game from Rock vandergrid this week and by extension, the offensive.
Speaker 2: Line need to be able to operate a drop back passing game. I get it's not their strength on a predictable down. On a predictable down, they just have to they have to get confidence in it so that they can have that in their toolbox the rest of SEC play. I think it would be really concerning if they can't hold again. Ohio is not a team to overlook, but you gotta it's inferior talent to what you have in inferior depth. I mean, you gotta be able to hold up in pass protection and make things happen through the air. I mean I'd be if Brock Vandergriff plays the vast majority of the game going into the fourth quarter, I'd be pretty upset. If he doesn't at least have two hundred and forty passing yards in this game.
Speaker 13: What has happened to the passing game over the last two and a half almost three year really since will Levis's first year here?
Speaker 3: I can answer that the line that block for Will Levis left for the NFL either either full time jobs or at least slots in camp. And they had to roll in guys who have been waiting for their chance to play, and they weren't ready to go.
Speaker 2: And in fairness, last year, the pass protection was pretty good, well second least sex giving up in the SEC. Yeah, and they just had a bad quarterback for most of the year. And drop drop, drop drop from the receiver.
Speaker 14: I wonder if you if you agree with me here. It seems to me that when people look.
Speaker 13: At the transfer portal, they're trying to get ye, They're trying to get a Wandell, They're trying to get a chip train them, they're trying to get these great players.
Speaker 14: On the outside. Why not and stuff?
Speaker 13: Because I can find a wide receiver, I can find a running back. You can't find lineman. If I'm a head, if I'm a coach in college football, I am going, I would say, what is my budget? Five million dollars? Spend three million of it on an offensive line.
Speaker 3: Somebody called the Coaches Show tonight and asked about putting together a separate NIL account, just pro linement.
Speaker 2: And he mentioned that another team in the SEC did that and said that, and he said it was a new coach in the SEC. And I found who it was, and you're not going to be surprised to hear it was Texas A and m.
Speaker 3: Every lineman who comes there, it makes me think of.
Speaker 14: Start negotiations, you know.
Speaker 13: So you know, you guys know that I do women's a lot of women's basketball. So I got to do a South Carolina game and interview Dawn. And the biggest thing she said that, I said, we turned the microphones off, and after we do, we get a couple a couple of bites from her that we use in the broadcast. And I said, don do you mind if I asked you about NL and the transfer portal? She goes, sure. I said, you don't have any transfers. She goes, Jeff, I don't need them. She goes, We're like CA. She goes, I'm like cow, I got people knocking on my door. I get calls every day from girls who are all Americans.
Speaker 14: But she goes, who am I going to sit?
Speaker 13: I got the two time player of the year, right, she had Boston and all these players and stuff. I said, okay, she goes, she goes. I said, what about NL. She goes, Oh, well, she goes. Here's what we do. Remember this is women's basketball, yep, she is. When a girl signs with South Carolina, she gets thirty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Like a signing bonus.
Speaker 13: No, no, they they come, they get thirty five thousand.
Speaker 14: So she goes.
Speaker 13: So everybody starts out at the same level, and then she goes, Then you go eat, meaning.
Speaker 14: I think it was Donna Boston. Aliah is a tea.
Speaker 13: You know, she's obviously gonna make a lot more because she's getting all this. But she goes, you get what you deserve.
Speaker 14: You come here and.
Speaker 13: Sit on the bench and you're the last player, then that's all you're getting. But through competition and you get better, that's what you're getting get. So I can believe it. But to me, if I'm a football coach, I am doing everything in my capability to bring in offensive and defensive lineman.
Speaker 14: Why is that, Dick, Because that's what Mark Stoops.
Speaker 13: Why did Mark Stoops get the job here when he went in front of.
Speaker 3: Barnhart because he said the way to build the program is inside out.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And every coach I think in theory will tell you that. But do they actually follow through? Uh in terms of their recruiting. But I it's clear that he and I Vince Barrow had But you go back. I was thinking about this the other day and we've talked about it a lot. You go back and think about that line. Gosh, six seven years ago or more, when they move Bunchie Stallings to guard and started Drake Katt it right, and then they folded in Luke Fortner and they had all the other guys. That was the birth of the Big Blue line. Well, all right, we'll take a break, come back and talk more Kentucky football. Right here, it's the state wide BBI.
Speaker 20: First Watch, the daytime Cafe is serving up good mornings to Wildcat country. Here at First Watch, we begin each morning at the crack of dawn, slicing fresh fruits and vegetables, baking muffins, and whipping up our French toast batter from scratch. We use only the finest ingredients for the freshest taste around. Whether you want breakfast for lunch or lunch for breakfast. At First Watch, everything is made to order and freshness is never compromised. First Watch is proud to be the official breakfast of UK Athletics.
Speaker 6: Go Cats.
Speaker 17: When you travel, they always say, get a room with a view, and there's no better way to travel than in a rooming new Toyota like the best selling RAP four now through September thirty get four point ninety ninety eightpr financing on a new gas powered twenty twenty four RAP four or Lisa RAD four l E for three thirty nine a month for thirty six months with thirty two to ninety nine do its signing with approved credit through TFS, Tax, Title and License Extra. Call one eight eight thirty six Toyota for details or go to Toyota dot com Toyota Let's go Places.
Speaker 23: If you're a healthcare professional who'd appreciate an environment that's collaborative and supportive, listen to what team members say about working at Baptist Health.
Speaker 18: It's a wonderful place to work.
Speaker 11: Knowing that you're heard and that you have teamwork.
Speaker 18: It makes all the difference.
Speaker 10: Our work family is the best ever.
Speaker 24: If you are looking to broaden your horizons, Baptists is the place to come.
Speaker 23: Be inspired, impactful, included, be a part of Baptist Health. Visit Baptistealth dot com slash careers today.
Speaker 18: When it's time to sell your home, you hope your agent knows the market timing, pricing, interest rates, neighborhoods, staging open houses, understanding contracts, completing paperwork. Oh, and can actually help guide you on your big move. Don't hope no. When you hire a WIKERD agent, you can be sure you've got a partner who will guide you every step of the way, from listing to closing in everything in between. WIKERD Dream Move Home. Each WIKERD franchised office is independently owned and operated.
Speaker 16: Hey, Bigluination Liquor Barn has everything you need for this week's wildcat action. To stock up on all your game day supplies, head to your nearest liquor barn store.
Speaker 2: You know, you can.
Speaker 16: Also place an order for pickup or delivery, and you can do that on the liquor Barn website or on the app.
Speaker 6: It's just that easy to.
Speaker 16: Shop for your favorite spirits, wine and beer with Liquor Barn. Liquor Barn, where Kentuckians go to celebrate life.
Speaker 14: Go Cats.
Speaker 24: DQ presents how to Fall Forever. Step one, Grab the new DQ Fall Blizzard menu. Step two taste delicious fall flavors like Returning Pumpkin Pie, French Silk Pie, and more.
Speaker 6: Sweet seasonal treats. Step three.
Speaker 24: Imagine that fall will last forever so you can continue to enjoy this delicious lineup.
Speaker 6: Step four.
Speaker 4: Remember the fall can't last forever, so hurry.
Speaker 24: In for the new Fall Blizzard menu today and start living Fall to the fullest.
Speaker 6: Only a DQ Happy Taste Good.
Speaker 3: Big Blue Insider Border to Border, Dick Gabriel, Aaron Gershawan, jeffcour is in the studio with us tonight. Hilly Rutledge has the night off and good for him outswinging the clubs somewhat well, not at the moment, but of course we've been.
Speaker 4: Going back and forth on Kentucky football.
Speaker 3: Tom Leach, the voice of the Wildcats, was listening to our conversation about whether what is a catch basically, and as he chimed in, and I wasn't entirely sure how much of this is college, how much of this is the NFL. But he said a catches possession plus a football move even in college. And the second part the football move is when the ball came out.
Speaker 4: That's the way I saw it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we talked about that, or if you're just joining us, we all agree that. Well, Aaron's still not sure it should have been a pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting from Tom thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe it should have been simply for the definitive.
Speaker 14: That I agree with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was not enough to either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, when that play was happening, and this is just a general comment for that game, I thought, that's the kind of play that happens in a game that you steal from somebody, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: A block punt or or or a freak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's something like.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: In Northern Illinois blocked two field goals in Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The last at the end, that was the second one.
Speaker 2: Man, they got some luck. You gotta have some luck.
Speaker 3: Speaking of South Carolina blocked another kick against the.
Speaker 14: L s U.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is about the Beamer family.
Speaker 2: They just know special teams, man, they do.
Speaker 3: But you know that Kentucky s had some coaches here and I'm not seeing the guy here doesn't Kentucky's blocked some kicks in it.
Speaker 13: To day, I'd still say, what at a school like that, they want you get players who want to play on special teams. When when a coach starts trying to put guys on special teams, there's a lot of guys that kind of keep going down the line as hiding behind the guy and starts talking to somebody that kind of try to slide the other way.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 14: It's a one two type of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 13: And and a guy like a guy like Benny Snell for instance, he's not in the NFL, but in my opinion, if he would have.
Speaker 2: He did play special really hard team.
Speaker 14: I understand that that's what got him his contract. What I'm saying is that's what puts you in the league.
Speaker 3: The best example Alfonso Smith, who at one point was fourth on the depth chart here as a tailback. Well what did he do here? He was a gunner because he was the fastest back on the team. We think maybe Derek Locke maybe him, but also ran the ball, caught the ball, scored touchdowns, but that caught the eye of the Cardinals and he spent a few years in the NFL because he also played, especially Benny Snell's first game as a Wildcat, the first stut of his was an assisted tackle on a kickoff.
Speaker 4: He was a special teams guy.
Speaker 2: Here, So you're right, it's a want to, no doubt.
Speaker 3: So anyhow, thanks Tom for chiming in on that. We talked about Brock Vandergriff and we talked a little bit about the O line. There were one or two at least one drop still in that game, and you played wide receiver. That's when you're a veteran. That's clearly focus, I know. And they had to be dialed in on it. They were dialed in.
Speaker 13: While it's two of your you know, these are starters too, sure handed receivers. Barry undropped that one that was in his hands, got to catch that, yeah, and Maclin saw, you know, he saw that he was going to get his head taken off. And and you know, with all the protection they put on receivers and stuff. And here's what my whole thing was. When you caught a ball and brought it into your body, that cushions the blow when you miss it and there's nothing there to cushion it. That's when it hurts, you know, I just catch the ball. I mean, I don't know what else to say. You've got you look it in. You see it every week. Almost every game has a guy. A perfect example of the Bengals game, they had the tight end, had a deep corner pattern, had a step on the guy hitting right in his hands and as it hit his hands, you see his head turning up field. You've got to watch it in.
Speaker 3: You know, you cannot afford a mistake like that in this Ohio game.
Speaker 4: Same deal. You got to make all the plays.
Speaker 2: Got to make all the plays. You just have to. And they need to, Like I said, it's huge to have a big game in the passing offense. I just think and Jeff is talking about not having backups and like they need a laugh for Yeah, they really do. They need to have one of those games where it's just a feel good win, you dominate, and I think they were on their way to doing that week one as well, but I think they need to recapture that.
Speaker 3: It's interesting you say that because part of our pregame discussion on the Georgia game began with Jeremy Jarman and Logan Stenberg answering a question that Christy put to them about coming back off the South Carolina game and now instead of playing in Ohio playing Georgia, and I put the same question to Jeff, and all three of these former players are the same response because I anticipated them saying what you said, would have been good to have a team where we could just reset ourselves and get some confidence back.
Speaker 4: But all three of you guys said.
Speaker 13: What said, No, you want to jump right back in against the best of the best to prove that that was I want to say a fluke, but to really belong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was with that after that game. But I'm saying now that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I did it. I get it, you know.
Speaker 13: But for instance, if had you played Ohio last week instead of Georgia and one twenty to seven, would people be happy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 14: Exactly, So that's just it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people still aren't happy Blue right.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because uh, because of the Mark Stoops knows. I can't see him scrolling through his phone looking to see what people said about that.
Speaker 2: Calling himself mister conservative today. Where's he getting that exactly?
Speaker 3: You know, he knows and I guess, folks, maybe he turned to Susan Lax or whoever.
Speaker 4: I said, all right, what are we saying?
Speaker 3: But you know what, rich Brooks used to keep track of what because he felt like it was important to know what the fans were saying and thinking and feeling.
Speaker 4: And I think that's smart.
Speaker 2: There's no question.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Jeffrey, good to see you here in the studio.
Speaker 14: Do you like it not this beautiful place in here?
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 13: We should go across the street, get some bowl and ees from Frankie Dino's.
Speaker 4: Of bringing here and eat it.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Bo Robinson. Thanks all of you that said good night from Lexington.
Speaker 2: The group so fast.
Speaker 7: It's good to know that some things are still made the old fashioned way. Do yourself a favorite and pick up a roll of Jake's Fresh Country Sausage.
Speaker 8: Jake's First Country Sausage was invented by a gentleman named Jake Jones.
Speaker 2: Legend has it.
Speaker 8: That Jake won the rest for the sausage from a butcher in a card game. Jake took the sausage and created a minute mark and made a sausage right in the.
Speaker 14: Back room of the minute mark field.
Speaker 8: To this day, we make it at the same location, right at one fifty quick stuck in Barchtown.
Speaker 7: Kentucky Chick's Fresh Country Sausage at your nearest croker.
Speaker 21: Hey, guys, games on whether you're cheering on the wildcats from the stands or from your den.
Speaker 2: Go chats, dude, he's full the nachos.
Speaker 21: Kentucky Utilities is there with you, delivering safe and reliable energy you can count on. But power isn't the only thing we provide. With KU. You can take advantage of convenient time saving services like our online outage map, paperless billing, and auto pay. So while the cat's energies go to serving up wins at KU, our energies go to serving you.
Speaker 25: We all know the importance of nutrition and diet for healthy lifestyle. We also know that dairy foods deliver great nutrition in value. That's reason enough why Kentucky families choose Prairie owned Prairie Farms dairy products like our two complete lines of delightful pre Prairie Farms yogurt flavors fat free or low fat both fit neatly under one hundred calories per serving. Farm fresh quality from our family to yours farmer owned prairie farms.
Speaker 7: The Libasey Group is a family owned CPA firm conveniently located on Pasadena Drive near Nicholasville Road in Lexington.
Speaker 3: They can help with tax preparation for individuals, businesses, trusts, and the States small business accounting support including full service payroll and outsourced bookkeeping services.
Speaker 19: All the Libasey Group services include free initial consultation and quotes.
Speaker 21: Bob and Bobby Livessey are native Leuxingtonians.
Speaker 6: They are big Blue fans and ready to serve you.
Speaker 21: The Libaseya Group your one stop shop for accounting needs.
Speaker 7: Call two nine six nineteen thirteen or visit Livseygroup dot com