Speaker 1: Our resident draft analyst, has returned from his travels and Mobile, Alabama for the Senior Boys. Is gonna give us all the juicy deeds plus a three round post Senior Bobok Draft Baby, specifically for the New York Jets. Let's ride.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lose my gash darned bananas, Boy Green Daily start snare Zuets.
Speaker 1: I made it clear that my intention was to play, and my intention was to play for the New York Jets or Good morning, beautiful people. I'm Paul Listed Paul Esdon in Junior aka Boy Green. I'm the New York Jets digital reporter Forevery dot Com. Welcome to Boy Green Daily, a daily New York Jets video show, also available wherever you get your podcast. Welcome to a Bock Draft Monday Baby, every Monday on this channel for the past couple of weeks and all the way through the draft. We're gonna have a special NFL Draft to letters join us and for the majority of the season that will be dom C project Prospect, one of the best of the business, and he is back from Mobile. He was down there live for the Senior Bowl covering it us. I'm doing bonus shows and all over the place. He's he's awesome, and let's bring him on the show. Dom C joins us, Now, what's up, town, Paul?
Speaker 3: How are you, Bud?
Speaker 1: You know, Dom, I'm doing great, And you know, I just had a couple of insiders on over the last week.
Speaker 4: You know what I've knowing to to rep you. I yeah, you didn't get it. I've been crazy since I've been home, but I didn't get a chance. I'm looking forward to really watching the interview with Jesse and Anderson. It's a little clip where she talks about some of her word play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was interesting because like just on that one randomly, you know, a lot of people say that, but like, you know, it's kind of an awkward thing to bring up, which we'll get into a little bit with you know, like conversations with players and stuff. You can ask them anything, I guess, but you know some things you're like that might be a little tender. Not sure if I'm gonna want to answer, And she walked herself there. I'm like, well, okay, if you want to talk about it, I think fans would like an insight into that. So, yeah, it was a really fascinating conversation. And one of the things you said at the end of the show, she almost like hopped on a soapbox and gave a rant about it is. She says she hates because one of her other jobs she's done in her past is like an NFL sideline reporter. Like it's postgame at the end of the game, she's talking to Patrick Mahomes on the field, and she said one of her pet peeves is that when a sideline reporter is asking questions to the player that someone at home would ask so like there was no benefit to that person being there in certain situations. So I want to spin that to you. What benefits do you get from being at the Senior Bowl and what do you try to maximize that. There's plenty of people have been covering the Senior Bowl from like my house, like other places hundreds of miles away. They cover it in the way they can. How can you cover it differently being there in person, well.
Speaker 4: Again covering it and and really solidifying my evaluations or really apples and oranges.
Speaker 3: I go down there truth, truth be told.
Speaker 4: I go down there to solidify all the work that I do from from Junior July through January on the prospect class. You know, So I watch a lot of tape, I evaluate, I write up my evaluations, and then the guys that are down there, you know, you'll you'll hear. And this is not said judgmentally, so please don't take it that way. But I don't know a better way to say it. You're gonna see a lot you'll hear and see a lot of guys all over the place, print media, Twitter, you know, so on and so forth, where you know they'll say, oh, you know Paul. You know, Paul Esden Jr. Had a great week at at Mobile.
Speaker 3: He kicked it.
Speaker 4: You know, he's moving up my rankings from you know, the tenth overall punter to the second. I don't necessarily like buy into that modality. I I you know, if there's somebody that I don't know about a lot like and you know, in specifics for me, there there's a there's just a couple guys. I mean, you can't watch everybody, you know, when you're when you're in the evaluation process. I would love to say that I get through six hundred players, don't you know what I mean. So there's a couple of small school guys. Gray's Abel for one. Maybe that the guy who you know, performed the best, the single best performance at the Senior.
Speaker 3: Bowl this week.
Speaker 4: I didn't get to watch a lot of tape on him, you know, Jackson Slater, another small SCS kid from Sacramento State.
Speaker 3: I watched zero tape on him.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Willie Lampkin, the center from North Carolina, I watched zero tape on him. So getting to see those guys is important, but more so it's important for the other guys, the the Jackson Darts of the world, the Jalen Mill of the world, you know, the the all the guys that I did watch, because now I can confirm that either you know, my eyes and my evaluation of their film is correct, or if they're better or worse, you know, I earmarket and go back and watch, you know, and watch them again to see what I missed or or you know, what.
Speaker 3: Was different on film. Because for me, and again this is just me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those Senior Ball practices are They're fabulous. There there's so much fun, They're so informative, but there's you know that the film is still king you know, what they're doing in a game situation with you know, in true eleven v. Eleven full contact situations, paramounts what what happens in you know, in underwear and shoulder.
Speaker 3: Pads, which.
Speaker 1: You know it's uh, it's interesting because, for for instance, I've gotten to know Jim Naggy over the years. He's the executive director of the REESA Senior Bowl. And one of the things that people do a very popular thing coming out of the Senior Bowl, they say winners and losers. Here are the people that want here the losers. Jim Naggy hates that. He hates the label of losers for people because it's an opportunity for people to do it in a different light. And one of the players you mentioned that has gotten unbelievable hubbub and it seemed inevitable. It's like something you see and you're like, I know this is gonna happen. Let you see who it is when you talk about this draft class, or if people had said, ah, it's a two quarterback race, it's the cam Or people out of Miami, or the Sudur Sanders people out of Colorado. But the question seemed to be who's going to be the inevitable QB three that surges up the board because the supply versus demand conversation comes up. Yeah, and name, according to you know people out there, is Jackson Dart, the old quarterback, and people have said that he went from a second or third round pick to maybe he's a top ten pick. Now, Tom, what is going on here? Is that real? Is that legitimate? What was your takeaway from jack Guart down there?
Speaker 3: Ammobile?
Speaker 4: My takeaway from Jackson Dart and Mobile was exactly.
Speaker 3: Similar to what my listen.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say. I don't want to speak negative. These kids are all fabulous, They're they're all ridiculous. They're gonna be in the NFL. They're thirty times the athletes that you and I are, and and they're gonna make a lot of money. And I wish them all the best. And I think Jackson Dart has a lot of potential. I mean that whole heartedly.
Speaker 3: I really do. I just don't know. I don't see him.
Speaker 4: You know, there's some questions that I have, and some of those questions were answered at the Senia Bowl.
Speaker 3: The quarterbacks never come out and light the world on fire down there. They got to adjust.
Speaker 4: They're they're installing a new offense, pro style, offense, pro vernacular. They got to get you know, rapport with the receivers and so on. So yeah, some of them haven't thrown since November. You know, it's it's that kind of stuff. So you got to take it with grand as salt. I thought overall the group of quarterbacks this year, where that you know, the bar was kind of low. You can argue that Jackson Dart might have been the best one there. Some people like Tyler Shuck, the twenty five year old reclamation project out of Louisville, some thought he had the best week. I happen to think Dylan Gabriel played pretty well, you know, with you know, with some warts in his game as well. But you know, Jackson Dart has an NFL arm. Jackson Dart has very, very sneaky athleticism similar and not component the player play style, but very similar to Daniel Jones. You know, one of those guys where you don't think he's going to really hurt you, but then you look back and you know he accumulated eighty you know, eighty yards and a touchdown with his legs in the ground. You know, you know he's got an NFL arm. Like I said, I don't I don't think arm strength is a problem. Is it in the elite arm? No, but it's a very good one that the problem is mechanically. You watch a lot of stuff off his back foot. You watch him kind of float in the pocket, not not kind of step through and drive. His feet don't match his hips, which don't match his shoulder, which really is a testament to his you know, his true arm strength because he uh, you know, he could still zip it, you know in there. I question how he's going to translate from that ole miss offense, which is far from pro style.
Speaker 3: You know, Link.
Speaker 4: Kiffin does a good job of of getting guys in mismatches in space. So so Jackson Dark just has to make a throw, you know. So so I think Jackson Dart has a has the potential to really to be an NFL quarterback, but it's he's gonna need the Jordan Love treatment and and and I'd say his you know, senior year or him coming out of college. This process for him is very similar to where Jordan Love was. Jordan Love had all the athletic talent and the arm talent in the world, but he needed to really you know, he needed to really rebuild.
Speaker 3: From the ground up.
Speaker 4: His mechanics, and it took him, you know, he needed to fall on the right spot, which he did, you know, and he got to sit and he got to learn. You got to learn how to play quarterback. You got to you know, take all the time in the world to get his mechanics right. And after three years, look at that. You know, now he's a fifty million dollars quarterback.
Speaker 1: So all right, good, yeah, just let me be blunt. I guess. So is the Jackson Dart top ten draft stock bullshit or the him even in the first round? Is any of that? Is that bs? Because that I saw, like, for instance, for Jordan Schultz said that he is legitimate busted. I'll be a top ten pick out of nowhere wherever you had him before. Is that all bullshit?
Speaker 3: I don't listen.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he's a top ten quarterback, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's a first round quarterback.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So I got Jordan Love to your point. Packers traded up at the back end of the first round to ultimately j Jordan Love, and I agree with you. I think we have to leave the inevitable door open for Lamar Jackson, the Raven Straighter back into the first round to get him. That fits your options super important. So if it's close fit, why not go get your guy? I get it. So, yeah, that's where I could see. I could totally see back into the first round. Something happens on moving the top ten pick. Stuff just seems whoa good lord. I see Alan in here in the chat saying if the Jets considered dart at seven, that we hired a group of absolute fools. There's a lot of people on Twitter that are saying, Hey, Jackson darts seven. I'm like, what the hell, where did all this come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a little rich for my blood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, certainly. So one player that certainly stood out, there's no question about it, down there at the Senior Bowl and had one of those highlight plays, the Marshall thundering herd is what it seemed like there dom Ce and it reminds me in a much different way obviously. You know, Jenavian Clowney had that crazy play in college and everyone talks about and a lot of people say it surged him to the number one pick. You see this Marshall play at the Senior Bowl practice that went crazy. I'll pull up the clip for people to they can see it. Haven't. But what did what did he do for is he secured himself as a top SCORENTY pick in this class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably higher, Paul, probably higher.
Speaker 4: So Mike Green was was There was tons of guys that were good.
Speaker 3: You know, we can sit here and pinpoint a bunch of them.
Speaker 4: But Mike Green, not only with his play on the field, but really with his measurements. He came in a little bit longer, he came in a little bit heavier, you know, ten playing ten pounds more than his listed weight in college, you know, in the mid two fifties, mid to high two fifties.
Speaker 3: I'll let you play this play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll just play at a background wire talking.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know it didn't affect you know, the added weight and the length was good, but it didn't affect that twitch and that bend that he plays with. He's very you know, he's very sudden with his movements. You see how he transfer transfers his speed to power here and goes right through the chest of of Josh Connery, who you know himself is a top fifteen, you know, probably a top fifteen top twenty prospect, you know, and it's and it's funny. You know, I had a chance to talk to Josh Connery, you know, him and I sat down for ten to fifteen minutes and really, you know, talked, you know, really.
Speaker 3: Got to know him.
Speaker 4: I have a small you know, on my Twitter, there's a small you know, three or four minute segment of our conversation that I did put on film and off the film.
Speaker 3: You know, he brought up this play. Now, what you don't know about Josh.
Speaker 4: Connery is he hasn't played right tackle right He had so, you know, but he wanted to show it. You know, he did it a little bit here and there younger early in his career, but you know, he's been primarily on the left side. And they asked, you know, the the NFL teams and the senior Bowl staffs, they they want these guys to line up at all certain of course guards right tackle, so and so forth, to show a little versatility. The really, you know, you got three years of left tackle film on Connory, so let's see what else he can do. So, you know, you get a guy like Mike Green and you get a guy like Josh Connelly, who are arguably in this draft class both you know, with top five prospects, you know at their position, and you see how quick how Connory is concerned about getting to the outside because he's worried about that twitch on Mike Green thing and being from moving from the left to the right. You do everything opposite, right, so your footworks, your footwork's opposite, and he just got a little too narrow. He was trying too fast to get to the outside, and Mike Green identified it. And right when his feet are at the most narrow spot, he transforms that speed around the edge to power right through his chest and catches them all balanced, I mean, and so so Josh talked about that, and you know, he said, listen, he said, I'm not going to sit here. And he's like, my intention every single play I play is to dominate. He's like, but the reality is you don't win every single rep. He's like, the the big tap away is you know that rep is over, it's you gotta keep you gotta keep it moving right. So that's the mindset that I loved about a kid like that, Like, you know, he's got a viral rep where he gets you know, three hundred and twenty pounds. Man gets blown three yards off the ball onto his you know, onto his tookes, and you know it's such a small portion, of course, you know, it's such a fraction of what he does, not only on film, but during the whole week. I mean, that was one of the few reps that Josh Connolly really lost all week, you know, but it's the one everyone's gonna talk about. So yeah, you know, in a nutshell after that practice, Mike Green just packed it in. You know, his his people told them, you put enough on tape. There's nothing more you can do but hurt your jas stock and.
Speaker 1: You hate that. I mean, it's an honest thing, which I don't blame Mike Green in theory for the thought process, like, hey, we check what we need to check off. But you as a person that came all the way down there. I saw a lot of fans criticized against social media. He's not the first, by the way, but I saw It's happened for years. At the Senior Bowl, You've seen a lot of fans go, ah, man, that that sucks.
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean it is what it is like.
Speaker 4: You know, these guys are here showcasing themselves, you know, he's met with everyone, he did everything, he put on film, everything they needed to do.
Speaker 3: Why why risk it? Why risking injury? Right? Why risking injury?
Speaker 4: What happens if he's on the you know, he's on the next rep the next day and he twists and ankle or something like that, and now he can't run in the combine where it's really gonna effect the stock.
Speaker 3: So I I personally have no problem with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, uh Dom, let's do it. We're teasing it, baby, it's time for your very first We did our first mock draft last week. Shout out to Russell Brown of Fantasy Pros and Betting Pros. He gave us a Will Campbell pick. But now we're gonna expand it out for old Tom. Let's dive into the deep end of the bowl with the old cannon ball. Baby. We're gonna do a three round New York Jets specific post Sedior Bowl mock draft. Will be using the PFF mock Draft tabularier. Shout out to the PFF GUIDs over there, and everything on the board will fifty to fifty outside of randomness, because I've seen some very weird stuff happen when that occurs, I would do can you go yah, I could go back, we could go back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would just the one thing I would do in the randomness, I'd move it up one.
Speaker 1: Tick one tick.
Speaker 4: Ok Yeah, I liked everything else even like you had it. And then that the randomness can stay right there because otherwise it's just gonna go straight down the Oh.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. Okay, So let's let's invite a little bit of crazy.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, I'm not craziness, but that's perfect, okay, because otherwise it's just gonna go literally right down the board.
Speaker 1: You want to have a little variation, Okay, absolutely, So here we go. Three round mock for the New York Jets. Let's get this puppy going. And as far as yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Before we start, I do have a question. You gotta you gotta, you gotta give me the premise. You gotta give me the hypothetical. Two questions are going to have. Yeah, Aaron is Aaron Rodgers back? Are we under the under the assumption that Aaron Rodgers is coming back?
Speaker 3: I would say, yes, okay, Are we.
Speaker 4: Under the assumption if Aaron Rodgers coming back? That Tay Adams renegotiates and is on.
Speaker 1: The team one hundred percent. I think it's all in or all out. If Rogers gone, I think him and Devantae gone. If Rogers back him at Devantaira back.
Speaker 4: That and that that makes a difference for me and where I'm going to consider seven. So we're playing We're playing this game with Rogers and DeVante Adams both back and and I want to say into the chat, you know, I want to say it right now, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's February third.
Speaker 4: This is not this is not written in stone. There's going to be so much. It's an exercise. So don't get at me in the don't don't get at me in the comments, don't get at.
Speaker 3: Me in the chat. It's just an exercise of what could happen.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely right. And you are the GM, so you tell us where to go. It'll be up to you. Let's just start the draft, and I'm sure everyone will make sure they don't do any of those things to you. By the way, I will read it real quick. Camp Or the quarterback of the Miami went first overall. Sreder Sanders, quarterback of Colorado, went second over all to the Browns. Came ward to the Tennessee Titans. Travis Hunter, the two way player went to the New York Giants at third overall, Tech mcmill and the Arizona wide receiver went to the New England Patriots. Abdul Carter pass Rusher extraordinary for Penn State with to the Jackdville Jaguars, and Maison Graham of Michigan. The interior defensive lineman went to Las Vegas, which puts us on the board at seven. What's a thought process here?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: My thought process is that this is probably the worst case scenario for the Jets.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, yeah, Now.
Speaker 4: Listen, you're still gonna get You're still gonna get some good guys here. Sure, but if the board felt like this and you're not, you know, trading back, the board didn't fall too well. So my thought process is, and you guys got to understand that this class the sweet spot. The value is really between you know, picks forty and.
Speaker 3: Eighty.
Speaker 4: That's where the that's where the true value is. There's not a lot of value here at the top of the board. It's it's just not a top heavy class, right, I personally don't think that there's you know, I think Bill Carter is the one soul, true elite blue chip if you will. That's a that's a terminals to get thrown around.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he's the true elite talent in this class. I think that there's other real talented guys. Ashton gentis one, you know, Ashton Gent is the fifth, my fifth player.
Speaker 3: On the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, overall, I think he's I think he's phenomenal in all aspects of the game.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get spicy here, bres Alvez in the last year of his contract.
Speaker 4: Now, well, you know what we'll we'll talk about. We'll talk about those kinds.
Speaker 1: Of situator weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, later weeks.
Speaker 4: We'll play this one by the by the uh you know, by the by the board if you will.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: So my thought process is, I don't know if there's and there. I don't think personally, I don't think that there's an offensive lineman worth taking seven here. I also don't think that the Jets need to invest high first round capital.
Speaker 1: For right tackle for for a right.
Speaker 4: Tackle for alignment again, especially since the depth and the juice of this classes rounds two and three. So I'm gonna pass on the offensive Lineman. I happen to be a real big fan of a mecha Buka, and I personally would consider him here. Oh wow, Yeah, But I'm not gonna do that either. I think defensive end, defensive tackle or both in consideration. And I think Will Johnson is a phenomenal, phenomenal player. He's just got to prove that he's, you know, back from that lower leg injury that they were very vague on before anything. So for him, the medicals and the test.
Speaker 3: And they're gonna are gonna matter.
Speaker 4: So he might be my pick if all those things clear right here. But I'm gonna go ahead and I'm gonna take the six player off my board here. People are gonna people are gonna get upset about this. It's a position that that Joe, the Joe Douglas regime has not really valued. I'm gonna take Malachi Starks. And there's there's a couple of reasons here, Okay. One, the athleticism is is through the roof. I mean, he's gonna, you know, he's gonna test out the way he moves, you know, the way he anticipates, the way he breaks, the way he plays down hilly. He he's you know, he's violent in his movements and in his physicality. He's a ball hawk, right, He's he's a he he offers that ability to to really turn a game on its head with with you know, his playmaking ability.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that he's versatile.
Speaker 4: You know, at six two two hundred, you know, six one and a half six two two hundred five pounds, he's he's got a really good stocky build that can probably take on a couple more pounds even but it doesn't have it doesn't hurt that athleticism. You can play him single high, you can play him kind of in that rover position as a as an overhang safety, in the post. You can put him in the box. I think he's a you know, he only had a mistackle rate under five percent last year. You know, he takes a lot of risks, you know, which sometimes turn out you know turn out you know to be negative. And sometimes he plays a little too over aggressive in over pursuit. But when you look at this defense, Aaron, Aaron Glenn and especially Steve Wilkes really rely on the back end of that defense to to to really.
Speaker 3: Work.
Speaker 4: In Unison, you have got you You're gonna see a lot of you know, showing one thing pre snap and you know, showing something else post snap. A lot of movement, a lot of safety, a lot of safety lightning blitzes and zone dogs and stuff like that, which I think Malachi Starts is going to excel at. He can even line up in the slot and and take out a wide receiver. So people won't like the safety pick this high.
Speaker 1: But definitely just Jamal Adams and that may not be fair. It's kind of the same thing that Jordan Reid has said for a long time. Again, he's always a scout, the player, not the helmet. Like you know, when certain universities have certain histories with certain positions and you take him, you're like, ah, geez, now we're screwed. But everyone obviously is individual, everyone is different. But yes, I would assume if I was to guess the pulse of fans when they see this pick, it will be not good because of Jamal Adams safety and that sort of thought process. But boy, did the Jets need some safety help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the room is barren. So you know, as we stand here February third, you know, not knowing what will Johnson is, not knowing the status and the outlook of where Breis Hall lines up in the offense coming into his walk year. I'm going to go with a guy who I think is going to be a really good player. Okay, the sticks overall on my board in Malchi Starks.
Speaker 1: All right, Now we jump to the second round here, the Jets have the forty second overall draft choice. Obviously, I'll only read the picks that happened in front of the Jets for the first round. I'm not going to read all forty eight players that happen here. But what position should we be looking through here?
Speaker 4: I you know you can, you can touch on I think now is a good time to touch on the seat, I mean the the tackle room. You might be able to find somebody at the right tackle And I'm curious to see who's on the board here. Okay, can you scroll down a little bit for me there there's still a lot of good guys here on the p so I might even pass at this point and hope that one of these guys falls to the third But I do like I I'm a big fan. Actually, you know what, I changed my mind. I'm gonna stick and pick here.
Speaker 3: All right, and one of the guys that you know I liked on film, but really really played very well during the during the Senior Bowl. A guy who's long.
Speaker 4: You know, you know that, you know that he's definitely going to stay at tackle. You know that he's played a lot of right tackle, right tackle during his career, and he really impressed not only with his movement skills being six seven and a half, but really with his power that and that was one thing I really enjoyed to see. That's gonna be Azzi Trappillo out of Boston College. I think he's I think he's one of the few pure tackles that can come in and plug and play.
Speaker 1: Isn't he one of the people you talked down there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a great guy Patriots fan, grew up a Patriots fan grass But but but again, a guy that I think is really really nuanced in in every aspect. And I love the fact that he can come in and he can play right tackle.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love that there's a lot of people having all these conversion conversations. If this guy could be a guard tackle, this that this the other A guy that could just get the job done, plug and play. That's something we'd like. Now we jump here to the third round. The Jets have the ninety second overall pick. Fans note this is not the jets original third round pick that was traded to the Las Vegas Raiders for dvont Adams. This is the Lion's third round pick that they acquired in the middle of the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, So they have the Lion's third round draft choice here, which again is at ninety two. So we got a right tackle and we got a safety. Now where are we looking down?
Speaker 3: This is where.
Speaker 4: And listen, we might have missed the mark on it, and that's fine, and I'll talk about it. Probably the deepest right tackle class, I mean, a tight end class that I've seen in a long long time.
Speaker 3: So I'd like to look at the tight ends here.
Speaker 1: Just ooh okay, I like that? All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was, you know, it fell as I was hoping. I was hoping that the Texas tight end Gunner Helm would slip through. But it looks like he's off the board. He's a guy that I've kind of pegged as as one of my guys in this class.
Speaker 3: I think he's arguably the.
Speaker 4: Best blocking tight end, but can offer something in the past game, very very game, similar to a little bit of a faster Mark Andrews.
Speaker 3: I I really like, really like, I really like gutter Hilm.
Speaker 1: And what about my boy, Aronde Gadgett. We're here in Syracuse town, Roddy Gadgett. Baby, he's listen. He's gonna be an interesting one. I think he needs to show a little bit more that he's that he developed and he's a little bit more of a willing blocker.
Speaker 3: What I'll do here though, I will stick on the board. All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna take a guy.
Speaker 4: I'm take a guy that I think is a really big buzz name here over the past month or so.
Speaker 3: And that's Harrold fan of JR.
Speaker 1: Now all right, tied out out of Bowling Green tight end out.
Speaker 4: Of Bowling Green set the NCAA record and receptions in yards for tight end seventeen touchdowns over eighteen hundred yards. He's a guy that you know can come in and work in the past game right away. He's a guy that is you know it is a willing but still has to develop more so as in Rond blocker. If you're if you're rebuilding the tight end room, or even if you wanted to bring back Tyler Conklin as your inline tight end and Harold Fannon as your as your flex guy or working as an h back. I think that what Harold Fannon, the mismatches that he can create off of linebackers and safeties is a is a real advent, is real advantageous to any offense.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So so at.
Speaker 4: This point, like I said, I would like to see one of these other guys go, and you can go with a bunch of different ways.
Speaker 3: I could have taken the defensive tackle. I think the class is deep. I could have taken a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: But again in our situation where we where we have Ronty Adams coming back, I don't know if you're going to spend a one or two, a first or second day pick on a tight end, I mean a wide receiver. So I address needs that we have. And you guys also got to remember, don't worry about the grades. The grades are based off of what F ranks them, so on the correct yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent, that's important. These are their own grades and they're like, ah, you didn't grab the best available player according to our systems and you do it yourself. We'll be doing a lot of these different simulations. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for participating, and thanks for going down there to mobile For folks that did not see it. Again, I'll take this off the screen. We'll get back to it in a moment. But right there, DC Underscore n Y Jets. You put a lot of your videos there as well. I assume you're gonna have even more stuff at Project Prospect as well. So yeah, live great coverage here, Tom.
Speaker 4: And a lot of stuff out and you know a lot of draft talk happened on the Talking Jets Network where I you know, have a show at eight pm every Monday from now through the draft season where we will we will get into these draft classes.
Speaker 3: We'll break them down, so on and so forth.
Speaker 4: So you can catch me on you can catch me on my channel, you can catch me on the Talking Jets Network.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Tom, Thanks as always, brother, We'll see you next week. All right, well bye bye, All right, there he is dom C. We'll stay on. Of course we can react more to dom C's mock draft. Will also open up the phone lines here on the channel. Fascinating again, whether it's fair or unfair. I know a lot of fans are going to have that Jamal Adams take with Malchai Starks. He is a much different player than Jamal Adams. Now again me saying that may mean nothing to some of you, but positionally here safety obviously, the Jet safety room sticks. I mean, Chuck Clark ash to Davis everyone, that whole room is going to blow up. So that'd be a little rich for me with the seventh overall pick. But I like that. You go offensive tackle, Hey, give me a right tackle. Sure, I'm all aboard packing up this offensive line four of our five starters. Rounder Contract just dropped an article this morning from our mock draft Monday last week where Russell Brown of Fantasy Pros and Betting Pros he gave us Will Campbell with the seventh overall pick. We only did a first round mock draft for that scenario, but I love that. And then getting a tight end. Our tight end room is going to blow up, so our safety room is going to blow up. Our tight end room is gonna blow up. And I would also say this because I saw it throughout the chat of like, ah, this player would never be here, This player would never be here. Unfortunately pff. At all the mock drafts from machines are somewhat of a you know, inexact science to put it, at the least, some players are available that shouldn't be advice versa. I try when I do a mock draft, I try to be as realistic as possible. Like, for instance, if cam Ward is available on the third round somehow, I don't go, oh, that sounds like a great pick, because that'd be stupid. It defeats the whole process. So if anything crazy like that happens, I try to just afford it. We've got four hundred people in the room. Like the video, hit subscribe baby again. We're only I checked it before the show. Let me do another discount double check gear. We got two giveaways to highlight, and we'll highlight both of them. I just want to get on right now. Okay, So we are one hundred and fifty six subscribers away from giving away an autograph piece of New York Jets memorabilia signed by two former New York Jets first round picks. Again, we're chasing ten thousand subscribers currently. Right now, we're at seven three hundred and forty four Again, we're one hundred and fifty six away from seventy five hundred. Once we get to seventy five hundred, one on one subscriber at random will win that autograph piece of New York Jets memorabilia. I'll send it out and someone will get that. It's free to subscribe, so make sure you guys subscribe and share out the channel so we can get to that number even faster. People, or ask your friends and family to subscribe to the channel. That'll help as well. And of course we're also doing the big giveaway baby, and shout out as well to Jaboy for winning our last one with the Aaron Rodgers jersey and everything else. This time around, we're giving away this autographed New York Jets signature football full size comes with the stand NFL man inuule pump because it ship's deflated for better for shipping, and then you pump it up when it gets to your house and it comes with the pumps so you don't have to worry about that. Awesome for the office man cave. It's a limit edition collectible Aaron Rodgers, Garrettwells and Sauce Gardener bre saw all these wonderful autographs you could see there on the ball. Also, we're giving away a New York Jets Nike salut To Service long sleeve and a custom laser engraving package. All three of these items will go to one lucky person that buys a Raffle to. Okay, and you could buy Raffle tickets. Here's our Poor Green Raffle leaderboard right now. You could buy Raffle tickets by subscribing joining excuse me the Boy Green Coffee Club. It's only two ninety nine. Go on the YouTube description now below join the Boy Green Coffee Club here. It's only two ninety nine a month, so feel free to jump on that train. If you buy a membership, you punch in a Raffle ticket to win that grand prize. Pect the autograph football, the New York Jets Solution Service long sleeve, and the custom laser and graving package. All three of those items will go to one lucky person at the end of the month. Will be giving that away on giving that away on March first. But you have all the way from now till the end of February to continue to rack up those memberships. Baby. You guys can also send in super chats, superstickers, anything will add them up all the same. But just note that every raffle ticket is two ninety nine. So let's say you send in a super chat that's a dollar ninety nine. I'll note that you gave a dollar ninety nine, and once you eventually get to two ninety nine, those will count for raffle tickets. Just to fully explain and be transparent about our process, so good luck everybody. That it's a sweet item. I personally don't want to give it away. I'd rather keep it. But we're giving back to the fans, which is super cool. So make sure you guys get involved their baby. And look at this, our number one Osher and jet fan gifting a membership. You love the friggin see it. Let's play those jats. Yeah, maybe that is terrific. All right, let's see who this membership just went to. It went to Coach Drunk Chris Curtis. Okay, well, congratulations Coach Drunk Chris Curtis. You are now a member to the Boy Green Coffee Club and now another notch on the belts here for a number one Osher jetman who now has fifty two gifted memberships this cycle. We appreciate it. Boo Yah. Update that banner, Baby, we love to see it as well. We will open up the phone lines in just a minute. Again we can talk more about this mock draft scenario from dom C. What you liked, what you hated? Senior Bull and the Jets coaching staff continues to come together as well, so absolutely wonderful stuff. We'll do this. We'll play a quick hap song and up next we'll open up the phone lines here on YouTube dot com slash Boy Green two five Hang on tight Baby.
Speaker 7: Boy, Buggy Days, Buggy Days, bug Days talking just football man.
Speaker 8: Boy, Buggy Dan, Buggy Day budget and they're no Jets football Club.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: The steep special scenes, watch the Super Bowl seasons dream take t T.
Speaker 1: S Chests, Chest Chests, Pour one out for Baby. The phone lines are now up on at YouTube dot com slash Boy Green two five pin to the top of YouTube if you'd like to call on if you're watching on Facebook Heavy on Jets, we appreciate it, or on Twitter at Boy Green two five. We appreciate it, but feel free to call on. That is the pinned comment right there. Everything is on the table, Senior Ball. It's Super Bowl. The NFL Draft. Whatever is on your mind, feel free to call in and share your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: This is a show by the people for the people. That's how it operates, Baby, which we truly truly appreciate. We got over four hundred people in the room. Welcome to the show, and shout out to dom C once again. Make sure you guys check out his YouTube channel, Project Prospect. He goes even deeper dives into the show, but joyes every Monday for about thirty minutes all the way from now through the draft, and any week that he's out for travel, I go into the senior boor what have you. I'll dip into my contact and bring a famous NFL draft analyst here on the show to dive even deeper into all the New York Jets draft conversation, which I really enjoy. All right, let's go to the phone. Long. I've got a couple of people trying to hop on the program. Up first, June the GM Baby, what's up June?
Speaker 8: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: My man?
Speaker 8: So don't be having some interesting takes? Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 10: When Jamal I had first got drafted by us, he was good at the beginning.
Speaker 1: He was an all pro yeah, so he want the.
Speaker 10: Five hundred billion dollars and right his way out wanted to go to that. It's like a little girl, I remember that stuff. But I would not draft the safety at number seven if I do, if a game changer ain't there, like a Carter right, that's really the main dude, I would love to have put him on the library McDonald and them. But if he's not there, I don't mind trading back to a round between picks nine through twelve and grabbing a tight end. Warren, and I'm gonna tell you why. Okay, Warn Warren is a throwback tight end who can stretch the field. He reminds me of Jeremy Shockey, So he can.
Speaker 8: He can, he can jump. You see them games.
Speaker 10: He can jump, he can run after the catch, and he helps stop with blocking on the line.
Speaker 8: But here's the main point.
Speaker 10: Where I would like him or Jets fans are talking about the future draft a quarterback maybe later next year. Well, quarterbacks best friend is two people, the running back who can come out the backfield and catch your little little drop off or the tight end who's typically working a field.
Speaker 8: Five to ten years in we have had.
Speaker 10: A legitimate to rent at tight ends since I don't even remember maybe Dutch, you know what I'm saying. So I've seen Warren with my ice pare. Of course I wasn't down there in mobile or none of that stuff. But the kid is a baller, and why I lack about him? He looks for contact before he runs out of bounce.
Speaker 1: He had to.
Speaker 8: And remember, let's not forget this jet fans. Tanner comes from Detroit.
Speaker 10: You seeing what they did last year with the tight end was hurt all year this year, but last year, look what they.
Speaker 1: Did with the tight end y quartering crazy last year make Detroit.
Speaker 10: So imagine Warren and this. You know, with these weapons, somebody's gonna be open. Garrett Davonte, Warren Breist Hall, my god, a tight end would change the dynamic of this team. So I would go tight end, maybe not at seven, but let me ask.
Speaker 8: You this, Baul.
Speaker 10: After the Master seven, let's just apathetically speaking, they draft the Mass and has a year like the Porter had the first year in Detroit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you gonna be.
Speaker 8: Mad at that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Hellmo? And to be honest, you know again that we're drawing back to uh Dustin Keller, which was fifteen years ago. For God's sakes, you know, we just haven't. It's just been it's been dumping tight end. I love Tyler Conckle. He's joined my show multiple times, So I like Tyler conckleor the person. And he was the best of what we had, but we didn't have much. So take that for what you will. I would love a pass cutcher. To your point, folks, just turn onto the tape for Tyler Warren and he is a heat seeking missile. He could go out of bounds and then he just peeks ahead and he says, oh, there's somebody, and he runs back in bounds, trucks somebody, and then you just like he is a he is a proponent for contact. He is a physical guy. He's a massive dude. He does a little gives you a little bit of the block and gives you the receiving. It's really intriguing. So no, I would not be upset. And obviously there's a lot of Jet fans last year that really wanted brock Bowers and some people wanted them, some people didn't. And obviously had the most historic tight end season we've ever seen. And a lot of people point out that the Raiders didn't win many games, but the Raiders suck. I don't think that should affect you in any way. Get a player that impacts the game, and to me, tight end can pass protect, he can run, block, he can catch passes. He just affects the game in a lot of ways. I'd be very compelled if the Jets said, hey man, we're rocking with Tyler Warren. It's hard to get mad at that.
Speaker 8: I like him, and you.
Speaker 10: Know, and that's seven, Okay, at seven, it should be a no miss prospect. There's really nobody else aside from abduw CARDI. Yeah, I know the Mason Graham.
Speaker 8: He's good.
Speaker 10: I think by By Williams he'll be good. He's not my favorite type of player. I like the cornerback for Michigan, this Gulb. Yeah, well, already coming into the league with injury issues. I don't like cast lipping into the NFL.
Speaker 8: I don't. I don't know, it's kind of suspect. I don't like that.
Speaker 10: So then who else is really out there? You know, we're not gonna get the quarterbacks. They're gonna order smoking the smoke screens they go. I got shut or going to the Giants. I thou pass up on him, came in Tennessee. So who's really out there? I like Warren to me, he's the To me, he's as close to aenmous draft pick as anybody in his class, aside from Carter. Like I said, because of his physicality, and he has the hands of a wide receiver typically tight ends like to body catch, no not water. He he statches out the air. Give me warmn you know. Let me ask you a question, portal. Yeah, how do you feel about I really like the passing game coordinator that we picked them.
Speaker 8: It's the North Turner son.
Speaker 10: For those that don't know North Turner, listen, forget about him being an HC. He's the perfect example of a coach who should always stay, you know, as an assistant. North's a disgusting, downright dirty play call.
Speaker 8: I've seen him have teams in disarray before. Would you like him?
Speaker 10: What do you think about his son being the o C pairing them up with Tanner. I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to exactly what you just said. Scott Turner, the son of North Turner again people. For those who aren't old enough to remember North Turner again, look up some of the North. Turner work with the Dallas Cowboys and those Super Bowl teams. He's a he did a pretty nice job. But no, the fact that what people forget is Scott Turner was in the running to be the Jets OC. He was in that conversation and while obviously didn't get the job, that obviously went to Tanner Angstrand. The thing that I love is at Scott Turner as the Jets passing game corner of this happened yesterday. He's forty two, He's called plays for multiple teams. He last season, with all the firings that happened to Las Vegas the middle of the year, he was promoted to interramoec So I think with Tanner Angstran, a guy that has not called plays at the NFL level, he has called plays before, He's called him in college, he's called him in the now defunct XFL that's now the UFL, but it's not at the NFL level. To have a guy at Scott Turner who's the son of an NFL legend, who has called plays at the league level, having him in the room, I think is exactly what we're talking about here. Now we don't have to go crazy. It's like, oh, this the greatest higher of all time. I don't have to go there. But he was in the running for the jets o seed job. The fact that they got both two guys that a lot of Jet fans software attractive, a Tanner Angstrand and Scotcher I think helped so one hundred percent bring him in to surface.
Speaker 8: They got three guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but let me bring up the Seattle quarterbacks Coase.
Speaker 10: Not him, not him, mister North, because you know Pop Dukes is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true. Yeah, Norm's thing. I'm pretty sure they had him officially on the staff. Let me confirm. I'm pretty sure the had him officially on the staff last year as a consultant. Let me confirm, Yes, they had him as a senior advisor. So it sounds like we could be bringing in North turn to two. I don't know if that's been official yet, but he was a senior advisor for the Raiders last year and he is just again people look up. He was a two time Super Bowl champion. He had all kinds of success, had been coaching in football since nineteen seventy five, with little breaks in between. He did have like a middle a mini retirement for lack of a better word. He served as a special assistant to the Carolina Panthers in twenty nineteen that he didn't He didn't have an NFL gig until this past season, where he linked up with the Raiders again as a senior advisor, obviously to work with his son. So I like a guy with the play calling experience to be in the room again. I don't think we have to overreact and called the greatest thing ever. But I like that he has experienced.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I think that was a very nice hire by Avon Glenn. I like the way things are looking. I'm not gonna lie. I'm very I'm getting more excited by the day. And so far, you know, Moojie still hasn't this. You know, Mojie's collabing with him with Glenn. So far, I can't wait to see what Moogie does in the draft. I'm really excited about that because I think we got the pieces. I think the staff is basically in place. But like I said, I'm gonna pound the table for warming. Oh by the way, before I leave, remember I told you when Jake about my quarterback sneaky pick.
Speaker 8: The kids from Canada.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yesterday Jake cast someone on his show who was at the Senior Bowl. Okay, and I didn't agree with his take on Aaron Rodgers. It wants Aaron Rodgers out almost.
Speaker 8: I was shit to bed.
Speaker 10: I was so pissed off at him. So I got on and I scoed him a little bit for his behavior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I did ask him.
Speaker 10: I said, out of all the Senior Bowl people, who did you like as the secondary and who would you say as a good late round developmental quarterback?
Speaker 8: He me and my boy from Canada.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 10: Okay, so I'm trying to Jets fans just look into him, six ' six with a gun on him.
Speaker 8: He's second.
Speaker 10: He was inconsistent because of course nerves. He's from Canada coming down here with the big dogs. But yes, six with a gun, so check him out.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do Jude, great call and as passionate as always, we appreciate it. Wonderful. Let's get to another call, and I'll also get to something about you know, o optimism and positivity and things of the coaching staff. I have something to say about that. We'll get to that in a second. Not from something June said so when someone else out on social media that went sort of viral on the jets. We'll get into that. Let's get back to the fellow's hap joy to hear on the show. What's upp Good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey Paul, good morning. I wouldn't mind Warren.
Speaker 7: I mean I like him actually better than I think he has then Bowers. I think he could actually block better than Bowers.
Speaker 1: I'm all about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and I think that would be Briest would love that. Have a nice tight end out there and check down. As far as dom C, I think dom C deserves his own uh, dom Z deserves his own like little song before when he comes.
Speaker 1: On, Hey, I'm all aboard.
Speaker 7: I think I'm thinking dom C should be is the is the Godfather of the draft. We should play the Godfather theme every time he comes on. It should be like and here he is. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I love the dom What.
Speaker 5: Do you take?
Speaker 1: That'd be terrific. I love interest for people. That's a that's that's wonderful. I love that.
Speaker 7: All right, guys, I'll see you on the rebound.
Speaker 1: Just check it out right, all right, Thank you so much. I appreciate your pal. Thanks for calling in and we got more calls and I'll get to all you guys for the second. But I saw this yesterday at social media, and I'm like, what is this?
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 1: Now? This person has to me blocked, so I I couldn't interact with this person directly, but I'm going to throw it up here on the scrip. Uh Glenn Notton. He does a Jet Nation radio and stuff like that. So JN Radio underscore Glenn again, he has me blocked from a bunch of years ago. I guess I'm not sure what I did, but any who, he tweeted this out. I envy any New York Jets fan who can look at this and feel any degree of optimism. The head coach has never coached a game. The GM has never picked a player, and skipped the Senior Bowl. The OC has never called plays. The special teams coach has never called players. The quarterback coach has a horrible record and played RB. The online coach is a horrible limited record and played tight end. The DC is a solid history. And basically, like, if any Jet fan is optimistic, you're a boob. And I just want to come out and say that this is maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read. And we could go piece by piece, but the overall theme here is again I get it. I'm an optimistic guy. I look at the world glass half full. No one else has to do that if they don't want to. So I try to see the best in situations if I can. There's no question, and I get it. And some people hate that. Some people are like, come on, Paul, let's be a little more negative. And it is what it is. But some of these things that are being criticized or ridiculous. For instance, right the GM skipped the Senior Bowl, skipped quote unquote, Glenn is painting it as if Darren Mujie skipped it because he doesn't think it's important. Darren Mugie skipped it because he was introduced on Monday and Senior Bowl practices were the next day. He had to put the rest of his staff together. People, what are we talking about, Glenn. We're going to criticize Muji for quote unquote skipping the Senior Bowl when he said he wanted to go but he had to do staff fires. Come on, man, I'm all for being negative, and there's something to be negative about. We're just making things to be upset about his Jet fans. The OC never calling plays at the end of the level is true, but not at all. He called plays from twenty eleven to twenty seventeen at San Diego where he was linked up with Hardbaugh. There he called plays, So check that one off. And if you just want to say, the head coach has never coached a game, so like bood, that sucks. You know, you haven't coached a game is an eight C until you've coached the game is an EIGHTC. Everyone in the league at some point had never coached a game until they coached a game. So so, and plus let's just be honest, right, have you hired a head coach that has done it before? That doesn't guarantee shit? Adam Gasee, what's a head coach before? And then he came to the Jets and then he sucked? So what did that do? I thought there was a guarantee you guaranteed piece of shit in a box like the Tommy Boy reference. What are you talking about here? Guarantee piece of shit? Like again, I get it if you don't, And like getting upset over positional coaches, the quarterback up sucks, Okay, all right, that just seems like a weird rant. And by the way, like picking on that the O line coach played tight end. You know, Bill Callahan, the greatest offensive line coach in the history of this league. Do you know what he did before? Let me pull up the reds here because I want to make sure that I'm not speaking at a turn here again, Bill Callahan, the offensive line coach? Extraordinary? Who have been with the Jets? No interesting here? Oh, former tight ends coach? That's odd. I wonder how that transition happened. What's happening there where he's worked with tight ends before. Switching from tight ends to oh line is a very common flip that happens with people. So what are we talking about, Glenn?
Speaker 10: Come on, come on, come on, come out, come on, come on, come on, What are.
Speaker 1: We talking about? Jesus so again some negativity out there in the universe? God bless All right, let's go back to the phone Lodge. I've got Indie Jets here on the show. What's up in.
Speaker 6: Good morning? Good morning man? How you doing?
Speaker 1: Not too shabby?
Speaker 6: I was. I was really hoping to get on there with June because you know, I just wanted to I just like to just see him just lose his marbles over over Aaron Rodgers not being on this team next year.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: So here speaking of Aaron Rodgers, you know, we don't know if he wants to come back, and we also don't know if if if Glenn wants him back.
Speaker 1: Correct correct, yep, yep, no and no update on that yet, yep.
Speaker 6: Right, So what is the cutoff date before Aaron Glenn and and Moviie have to make the decision for him, because you know you've got you know, is it is?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 6: Is it the draft day? Are we talking to Combine? When do they say, Okay, if you can't tell us, then we're going to have to move on because we have to our whole draft changes based on whether he's him and and Davante are there right?
Speaker 1: I would say this month because the NFL scout and Combine is at the end of this month. We're in the month of February. Now today is February third. I think you need to know before then because right after that is free agency and if the Jets need to go chase some competition for Tyron Taylor, right, are they swimming at Sam Darnold water? So are they going after a Russell Wilson. Are they going after some schlub to just throw in with Tyrod Taylor? Like your entire plan change. If Aaron is back, then your quarterback room is pretty set outside of you drafting a rookie because it's gonna be Aaron, it's gonna be Tyrod, and then whatever rookie is gonna be battling out with Jordan Travis. If Aaron is not there, you're finding another guy to compete with Tyron because Tyron's not getting the starting job handed to him on a silver platter. So I would say the tail end of this month, somewhere in the next two or three weeks, I would say, you know, would be a comfortable time, but they need to know before free agency, which is like the second week of March. So you know, it's kind of over this next month and a half, but specifically here over these next like four weeks, that's when a decision truly has to be made.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's almost gonna come down to a countdown because you know, Rogers has never been one to you know, give the information early.
Speaker 1: That is true, okay, And so.
Speaker 6: You know we're literally as fans as you guys, content creators are gonna have this countdown because you know, if we don't have a decision by you're gonna we're gonna have to. They're gonna have to make the decision for him, you know, pick up the phone and say today's your day. You either say yes, you commit to the Jets for one hundred percent, or we're going to have to move in a different director.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And the good news is is that the Jets control the narrative here. So like in past years where Aaron is holding teams hostage, like he has this player option and all these other things that are going on to this contract that the team has to beck and call the Rogers they have to wait on him. Fortunately, in this scenario, whether he's here or not here, relatively speaking, the contract is the same. So the Jets control the narror. If they just want to move on for Rodgers or just put them on the back seat, we're gonna assume he's not gonna come, we're gonna go after a different option. They can do that. So I think there one hundred percent will be that sort of coming to God moment and that call if somehow they didn't get the information from Rodgers. I think that happens before Freencie Allen says before the combine, which again combine is like an end of February.
Speaker 6: So that's and that's kind of where I was at is I think you know that we said that. I'm hoping that the general manager sets the date and says, okay, the day of whatever day the mind starts the day before Rogers. If we don't have an answer, you're no longer yet and I mean we're not even going to have a discussion. You just you and you and Deavante go off to wherever you need to go, and we will go on to u you know, become you know, building this team without him.
Speaker 1: That the calendar year of it, Yeah, players report on the like twenty four to twenty fifth of February, and then the first practice is that practice, for lack of a better word, their drills and things. Now, that first one is the twenty seventh, So Thursday of February twenty seventh is the first drill day where all the positional groups and over the what is that one, two, three, four days twenty seventh through March second is all the workouts the Quarterbacks Office climb and every positional group and the days before some of the interviews and lifting and some of those sorts of things. So yeah, yeah, that's right around the corner here.
Speaker 6: So we got we just market February twenty sixth. I think that's what we'll send that to send that to the Jets and say here, Rogers, here to your date. If you don't give us, then with by the twenty sixth, then we you know, we we move on from you. I'm happy. I think we'll get an actually.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we'll see and do I appreciate the call. Yeah, we'll see. To me, I think he is going. He has said this. We'll see if he's made of his word. He said he doesn't want to drag the Jets along, you go this, that or the other. We'll see if honestly that's true. But I think we will be getting that decision from Rogers. Mike Gut says he does not want to retire, and then the decisions up to the Jets. Do you want Tom back? Are you moving on? Let's see what happens. All right, let's go back to the phone lines here, appreciate it. Everybody got five hundred people in the room, like the video. Hit subscribe. Let's go over to Easy in the car. What's up, Easy, I'm in the truck. Wait a second, do we have a haircut? Easy?
Speaker 5: Yep? Got mes lowered?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, there you go. Wow a new adjust new Easy here on the show, fresh February version.
Speaker 5: Nice, the same old Easy, just less hair.
Speaker 1: Okayeh, there you go. There must be a little lighter to kind of move and groove, you know. Very nice aero dynamic.
Speaker 5: I yeah, takes two seconds to blowdy, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, there you go. Nice? All right, welcome back to the show. Easy. Great to have you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, Yeah, I finally got my Corvette back after this guy hated for nine months.
Speaker 5: No, not nice.
Speaker 11: There isn't a two square insection of that paint job that isn't fucked up.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Oh I got it.
Speaker 11: I gotta I gotta take his ass to small claims court. Yeah, oh yeah, fuck him? Anyway, Enough about that ship.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, I mean he didn't even he didn't even.
Speaker 5: Put paint on the rocker panels, underneath base or clear.
Speaker 1: Coat and held it for nine months.
Speaker 5: Nine months?
Speaker 11: Is there's there's fish eyes and solving pops and curtains.
Speaker 5: And drips all over the cars.
Speaker 11: I mean a blind chimp could have done it. I could have done a better job with a rattle, can you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Bad? Yep.
Speaker 11: And then he held and then after given him four grand, he you know, I still owed him twenty five hundred, you know. And then he held the hostage until I gave him another twel hundred dolls. He wouldn't eve give me the keys, even though my my friend and my son were pointing out every.
Speaker 5: Trip and everything all over.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you it was that bad.
Speaker 5: I mean it was that bad my freaking Corvette no less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, Corvette.
Speaker 11: But but my buddy that went there with me to pick it up, he's actually painted cars for Barrett Jackson and for Meekham. So I mean we're gonna after I take him to court, we're gonna strip the car down and it's gonna be worth a million dollars after we paint it.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's there's.
Speaker 5: No repairing that.
Speaker 11: There's no repair in this paint job. It's got to come come down. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: Anyway, in the draft, I was listening to what's his first name, you're talking about Dom? Yeah, I was listening to dom.
Speaker 11: If we have the seventh pick and all those other six guys in front of us are gone, yeah, I'll still take that safety, but I'll trade back to get them.
Speaker 1: There you go, he'll be there.
Speaker 5: He'll be there at fifteen or seventeen or something. You know.
Speaker 11: Of course, we I know how everyone's saying, you got a trading partner.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. Yeah, right, But.
Speaker 11: My dad always said, if you don't ask the answers already, no, so you know, he said, he would say that would pretty girls he goes. Never be afraid to ask a pretty girl out? He said, what's the worst they could say? I said, no, he goes, Yeah, And what happens if you don't ask him? You ain't gonna date him anyway.
Speaker 1: So I ask you pot man, all right, words wise words.
Speaker 11: If you don't ask the answers already, no, so, uh yeah, we need a safety.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that safety.
Speaker 11: I mean I don't I don't know what Aaron Glenn is looking for as far as whether he wants a run a run support cover safety, or whether he wants a ball hawk safety.
Speaker 5: Or you know, I don't know it all. See, everything depends on on free agency.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's gonna change a lot of conversations.
Speaker 11: Mock drafts this early in the season are purely well, if this guy's there, who do you know? They're just complete speculation, is not even any rhyme or reason, because depending upon free agency, the teams in front of us might not need.
Speaker 5: The guys that we want. That's true, it's all free agency.
Speaker 11: I do have my concerns over this staff because of the inexperience. I know, I know they're good at what they've been currently doing. But then the flip side of that is Mike Tomlin never was a head coach.
Speaker 5: He's never had a losing season.
Speaker 1: John Harbaugh with Baltimore was never a head coach before you never he was.
Speaker 5: A special teams coordinator, wasn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean mcvne. I mean, we could go through the whole list. There are plenty of successful failures. I'm not I'm not saying it's automatic, it's gonna work out, but then it's automatic failure. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: The one good thing is I don't see Aaron On being a failure.
Speaker 11: He's never failed at anything he's ever done, and I don't think he would have wanted this job if he thought it was going to be a failure situation.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, he's a legacy and he's a jet through and through.
Speaker 11: I still in my gut, I still my gut feeling things that Rex Ryan would have been the best choice at least if even if it was only for two three years, just to get this franchise turned around, because at least you know what you have with Rex.
Speaker 5: He can take good players and make them great players.
Speaker 11: And I got to give Robert salah ordeally departed good luck back in San Francisco. He did a good job developing players who were out of position.
Speaker 5: He really did.
Speaker 11: Nobody thought Jamien Sherwood was going to become the player he did.
Speaker 5: I did, he did. He did a great You got to give the man credit. He did a great job.
Speaker 11: I think his achilles was the act offense often not having a not having a good quarterback, and that I gotta blame Joe Douglas on Joe should have made sure we.
Speaker 5: Had if we would had Tyrod last year, different season.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe. And now I don't mean.
Speaker 5: I don't mean this past year. I meant, you know, the season with Zach Haddis.
Speaker 11: They should have had Zach's third string and had tyrod behind Aaron Rodgers the twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could have given us a better hope easy for that specific season. I'll say this the one buggaboo with Robert sala is, he sucked at his job. I mean, if we're being honest, clock management, I mean, he just fucked up so much stuff again, developing town sure, Winsy Williams, Jamian Sherwood, developing talent and getting them to this next level like hey, so lout, but again as a head coach got off. He's twenty to thirty six, sixteen games below five hundred, just not gounding.
Speaker 7: Know.
Speaker 1: Kuka Lake fan coming in here again. Every time we get a super Chat shout out, we hear from my daughter's Rye Luna. It's been a member for three months. I appreciate. By the way, my son turned three months tomorrow month, three month old. So cuculate jetsman, appreciate you, he says. This freaking circuit start with Rex again. Everyone remembers the good time, speople often forget the bad times. Rex was fired ultimately with how that all worked out, but again, I remember the playoffs. Those are good times. It just has been good times in a while. So back to the phone lines. Ny jets of Fould joins here on the show.
Speaker 9: A good morning as a number two leader of the Bowers boy clan. On the Jakeasmins Show, Gary, I'm glad people are finally coming around to how great a tight end can be, you know, on a successful offensive team. So my two draft choices last year were Bowers and I wanted to trade up Philad McConkie.
Speaker 3: You can go back and look at all the tea wow.
Speaker 1: But regardless, but it is right, pretty nice.
Speaker 5: Let me say that.
Speaker 9: Yeah right, let me say this, there's no way with taking I respect Dom's skill or whatever he does. I looked at the last two years of draft picks in the NFL and there was not one number one draft pick in the first round for safety the last two years. Let's just say that, not saying maybe the classes were weak, but I think.
Speaker 1: That the last one was probably Kyle Hamilton or something. Right.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe if you go back to you, yeah, maybe I'd have been on the top fifteen.
Speaker 3: Kyle Hamilton. I think he's like in the teens somewhere.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it depends on the year.
Speaker 9: Of course, But I mean I when he said Ashton Genty that that got me excited because you know, and every well hate hate my takes, So I don't care. Kenneth Grant is my number one, and and if gent's on the board, you know, like I said, Bryce Hall is not quite an elite talent.
Speaker 1: He's in a contract year. You might be tempted.
Speaker 9: And to get a guy like that on the you know, especially if we move on from Rogers, you know, to get a guy an explosive running back like that, similar to what I said the other day with Jamier Gibbs, I wouldn't be disappointed personally. The trade down that Edward suggested was good. If you want to take starts in the teens, maybe that's a great that's fine.
Speaker 3: Seven at number seven. Who you know, Ah, I just it'd be tough to swallow.
Speaker 9: You know, a lot of people didn't want to take Bowers last year because it's a tight end and all that.
Speaker 3: But he's a rare specimen.
Speaker 9: Let's just say that you knew he was a rare If you watched any college football, you would know that Bowers was like a hybrid wide receiver, more of a wide receiver and a tight ends body.
Speaker 1: That's basically what he was quite honestly. And look at the numbers. The greatest rookie Titan season in the history of the National Football League. Pretty pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yep, yep, that's all I got, Paul. You probably have a lot of time. But let's see, uh when he maybe in a couple of weeks, he'll come. He'll bring up the gent thing again because he said to save it.
Speaker 3: So that was a bit of a taser.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe Jets fan looking forward to it.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe he wants to get the Jets fans riled up because he wants to take a tight end sorry a safety at seven. He wanted to get some some people to get.
Speaker 3: On his page and stuff.
Speaker 1: So anyway that works, I guess you know, I love it, Ny jetsfl thiks with the call, and yeah, Alan was bringing this up. But yeah, so Kyle Hamilton, he was the fourteenth of were all pick. But that was in twenty twenty two, so Ted said that he looked over the last two years, so obviously that goes further back than that. But yes, Kyle Hamilton was there and he could get paid this offseason. So Ted was one hundred percent right on that fun fact Kyle Hamilton dates back even further than that. But yeah, long story short, safeties have not gone in the first round a long time. The big safety draft. I remember back in the day, this is gonna this is going to age me, but Earl Thomas and Eric Barry were like two of the best players in that class. I remember, all which safety did you prefer? I think both those guys probably one of the top fifteen, maybe both one of the top ten, maybe even more than that. I'd have to double check that class. But interesting. All right, let's get one more caller here on the show. I got a few minutes here before I jump over to the radio station. Let's go back to and why JKO returns here on the showing. Good morning.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know I saw the whole you know who you're gonna grab in the first round. Honestly, I can see Aaron Glenn grabbing Mason Grant from from the UH from from Michigan, and would I would be all in on the pick if Will Johnson isn't there, or let's go Will Campbell, because you know we need helping the trenches, you know, on both sides of the board. Honestly. So if I saw of the Ashley gen thing, I don't I don't think it would be a good pick if our office alignment already like you know, molded yet into him because brees Hall, you know, Isaiah Daves know they mean something happening or nothing, you know, especially Bridge, you know, having a brick tack was in the backfield and it was it was. It was a mess up for us man, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's tough.
Speaker 3: It really was.
Speaker 12: It was hard to watch, it really was. But you know, listen, you know, I like im Win's energy. I think Moji is gonna. I think they're gonna turn things around. And he said something that really stood out. I don't know if people pay attended to the press. He's big on you know, the measurements of places. He really died sex players, you know, from the top to the bottom, which is you know, because and listen he put that that that young team together out there in Denver. You know, people people got you know, they they have a good young defense over there. They had that one first round on that defense and they were tough, and they were tough.
Speaker 1: The only first rounder I think they had was PS two Patrick everyone else.
Speaker 12: And them guys ball together like they were a strong unit. I'm not gonna take them. You know, he lost them, but there was a strong unit. So you know, and we got have some good young, you know, bright pieces. We could add maybe one or two, you know the DJ read you know, him leaving. I hope Will Johnson honestly, because we need we need some might opposite of the souls we will cover and you know and do everything else.
Speaker 1: He was in in our scenario that little mock draft we did. Mason Grandma unfortunately was off the board. He's been off the board in a lot of these marks, but Will Johnson was on the board. He's been on the board in most of the scenarios.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I've been seeing Yeah, you know, who knows, man, you know, you never know, you might Will Johnson might really go higher.
Speaker 3: And then we'll.
Speaker 1: Expected espec after the combine too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And you know another tight end. Who's who's a sleeper that I hope that they do that and they do their homework on the time from it from bowling is it bowling green?
Speaker 3: Harold Finn?
Speaker 1: Oh Yeah, that's a kid. Uh Atopson just drafted his name escapes me. It's a no, have it right here, Harold Fan and Jr.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, he's he was, he was the beast. Of course he can play. He know, he might not be a first rance, but he can play. I would I would love to have him. I don't know if he's gonna bring back content. Hopefully we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see, we'll see. I hope so too. I hope if there's a reasonable contract that he had. He was a good guy, good locker room guy, and he was solidly productive. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and that's who we need to need more more good locker room guys. That's something else that that spoke. So I'm hoping, you know, I'm praying, you know, we can't mess this up. We had a we had a good spot number seven. Let's make it right. Let's do the right thing. Hopefully, you know, hopefully Woody Johnson isn't overpowering, because come on, man, let the guy work like.
Speaker 1: You just hired him. Let them do their jobs.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 12: I think that's a lot of the coaches, you know, is you know, Woody Johnson want to have his input, like, you know, let these guys build this team, let them put like they know what they're doing this, they know they went quite higher, they went to whatever it was to get hit. Let them, let them work, had patience, you know. So and I think I think, you know, we have a good young defense. We'll be forced to be working with. We had a couple of pieces were not faulting, no that far, but with ray Vid, you know, and he was right there. In a lot of games they we should have won, but we was how many games by at least one in two points?
Speaker 1: Now, it was brutal. All those one score losses really hurt the Jets and it put them in a bad spot. I will say with the Will Johnson conversation that people bring up. People are talking about I just saw a comment here, uh somewhere, they're injured. So let's shut this up. From Jojo townswell the injuries with Will Johns our concern and there's nothing I can say about that that's true. But there have been other corners that had it quote unquote injury issues in college that turned around. Look no further than Derek Stingley. Look what he's done with the Houston Texans this year, and he had all kinds of injury issues. Remember Houston took him over saus And we're like, what a loser. They didn't pick sauce, and then we get sauce and sauce. That has been great. I'm not saying anything about it, but Derek Stingley has been putting up the interception numbers pro bowler and he's due for a big contract. He's probably gonna become the highest base corner in football this offseason. So just because someone who's injuries in college doesn't mean they necessarily won't. But hell, look at like d Milner. I'm sorry to bring up those memories he had injuries in college, got to the pros more injury issues. It could totally happen. It could totally happen. Thanks everybody for tuning in too. Another episode, we got over five hundred people in the room. Like the video hit subscribe again. Two giveaways we're doing for the fans. One for subscribers that is free to do. Subscribe to the channel when we reach mile markers literally as as we did. If we reached it today, we would do the giveaway today, but seventy five hundred subscribers once we gets there, we're trying to reach ten thousands. So once we reach seventy five hundred, eight thousand, we're gonna keep doing giveaways, So we're only one hundred and fifty away basically from giving away a autographed piece of New York Jets memorabiliy assigned by two former New York Jets first round picks. One lucky subscriber will get that once you reach seventy five hundred subscribers. Once you reach eight thousand, I've have other cooler gifts to handout, and also the scrolling ticker. This is for our membership giverway. If you gift memberships or buy your own membership if you're currently not a member to the Boy Green Coffee Club, which is our YouTube membership group, I highly recommend doing it. Help support the show, and you get a chance to win free shit. I mean, wouldn't that be awesome. It's only two ninety nine per Raffle ticket. You could buy yourself a membership and then gift others or super chat in anything you'd like to do to give yourselves opportunity to win all these awesome prizes. And again, another reason you should support the show is we do awesome shows. We're live every single day at seven thirty in the morning, and we have great guests. This past week was historic with the amount of guests. We add Josine Anderson, NFL Insider, ESPN insider, Rich Samani covers the New York judge, Jeremy Fowery ESPN Insider he covers the team Lindsay Rhoades formerly of the NFL Network. We had so many superstar guests. If you're new to the channel, you could check up all out in our live section. Also, it's in the boy Green Biggest Interviews folder as another YouTube playlist. Thanks everybody for tuning in. I got ait to the radio station. Gut Is. Keep training those young guppy interns, and we will be back tomorrow morning with Boygreen Daily Live at seven thirty. Thanks everybody for tuning in. We'll see you then. Take ca