Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Batflips and Nerds, the Baseball Podcast with a British twist. I am Darius Houstin, and we are back after a rather long hiatus. There's been a lot going on within the team and efforts to schedule have not gone well, but we've made it in time for a post trade deadline edition. And joining me to talk about all the activity is Rob Navera. Rob, how are you?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: I have a baseball injury. Actually, I'm really going to tell you and the listeners about I have a baseball injury, yes, sustained. Yesterday, I was in the park showing off a few dingers to my three year old nephew, and you know, I was, he was, he was watching, he was he was impressed about my my skills with a foam bat, and I swung for the moon, hit the hardest swinging bunt you'll ever see in your life, and then continued twisting and managed to dissiccate my knee for the seventh time. I've done that now, so I'm kind of used to it. This was like a partial disslication this time. So I am. I am on the I l because my power was so much that my body could not contain it. Wow, Well I didn't expect a bunt to be the cause of the well, I mean it was a swinging but like it was, I was going for the moon shot, so I was trying to you know, trying to impress the three year old, and yeah, ended up on my back howling for the moon instead.
Speaker 2: He stood there kind of.
Speaker 3: Looking at me, sort of thinking what do I do because you know he's a three year old not well versed in in physiotherapy. So yeah, no, that was that was. It was not my finest moments as onlookers sort of stared stared in christ Church Parks if you were there yesterday, I am still alive, and you saw a grown man almost crying, so excise not not for the over forties, I think is what I've learned here.
Speaker 2: You've toughed it out.
Speaker 1: I've definitely had the when you've been to the bat and cage and you realize how much you use your obliques whilst swinging, because after after you've taken like thirty or forty hacks and the next day you're like, oh, why do my sides all hurt?
Speaker 2: Like all of it?
Speaker 1: And they're like, oh, it's because I never do that motion ever, unless I'm swinging a baseball back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing wrong because my bingo wings actually hurt more than my sides when my knee hurts the most. But yeah, my bingo wings. Something about I don't know what I'm doing. But yeah, that's too much arm.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe we'll do a BfN training course at some time. Ben can show us for what we're doing wrong.
Speaker 3: As long as he doesn't try to show us pitching yeshots.
Speaker 1: Trained the line trade deadline. Now, then we've got the important injury news out of the way. We should talk about the trade deadline, and there was quite a lot of activity. I think there was some concern that this would not be an entertaining deadline because of how many teams are kind of still in it, but actually quite a lot went down, and I think we should probably start with the team that got the big business done a little bit early, of course, and that's the Los Angeles Dodgers. Who else acquiring Tarik Scuball, which has led to much in the way of Dodgers discourse of the Dodgers ruining baseball again? Do we need a salary cap blah blah blah. So I guess I suppose to talk about scooball himself. Is there much to say other than that the Dodgers have made an already ridiculous team even better.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was never one of those ones who was on the Dodgers are ruining baseball game on that train of thought, and I think this might be the trade that a lot of people sort of have that, who are on the same same thing thinking as me is it's not ruining anything. There was a bit of a sigh. It's just a really I mean, of course it was. It was a exercising futility and inevitability that this was going to happen. And I still don't believe that the Dodgers are ruining the game. I think they put themselves in a position whereby this is going to keep happening for a little while. But it's it is. It's got to tire them. It's got to tires them. At least you maybe can say that you know the game is is still played. Well, it's great to have a great big baddie who is the big boss to vat at the end. As long as they do get beaten every now and again, but it certainly was a little bit exasperating and just a tad boring. It won't happen forever. I mean, we can talk a little bit about in a minute about how they've they've got this over other other teams, but you know, you know, these these long dynasties of greatness are always propped up by a lot of money. They're always propped up by having to pay guys to go, you know, into the latter parts of their careers. And eventually it might not be for another five years, might be another ten years, but eventually we're going to see the back end of those those longer Dodger contracts starting to burn them a little bit like the Yankees of the early noughties, where you know, you had those guys sort of or maybe maybe the mid to late naughties where they sort of sat there and they've they've started to age and they're no longer producing, and they're kind of bit stuck on the roster because you can't shift them because their money is too much. So discourse wise, I get it, I do get it. It is tiresome. I would rather he had gone literally anywhere else, But I still don't think we're at the sport is broken stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I don't think so, but I definitely do think that it will be used that way by Manfred and the owners. It's it's good leverage for them. But no, there were other teams that could have made this type of move and didn't I mean, as I think, you know, yeah, as a fan of the Rays, that you had one of those teams.
Speaker 2: Them and the Brewers are.
Speaker 1: Probably the two things who I think were widely considered to have a better farm system than the Dodgers, and it sounded like nobody was willing to part with their big name, the Theo Gillins, the Hazes, smart days, Uh, just Rade the parlor, you know, And so I guess they went the next level down. But do you think there was a package the Rays could have put together to beat this if Gillan was included.
Speaker 2: Would that I've got it done? Definitely?
Speaker 3: I mean, there is absolutely no doubt for me that both the Brewers and the Rays have all the prospect capital they need in the world to be able to get to get that deal done. Absolutely, and they could have. They could have obliterated the offer from from Los Angeles if they really wanted to, the problem is they don't want to, and kind of for good reason. Los Angeles have put themselves in a position whereby they have so many players of skill and length on the team that they actually genuinely don't need them, the big guys from the from the minus so much so you could almost say that the the value of a Dodger's top level prospect is kind of less to them than it is to the rest of the league at this point, because they just don't need it. They have they have gone to the next level. They've sort of hit this this next plane whereby whereby there is a different value, different calculus to these guys. So yeah, of course the Rays could have done it. Of course the Brewers could have done it, But any other anything above what was done would be seen as a giant overpay for basically any team other than the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big prospect guy, but I've heard of River Ryan, you know, and reading what other people are saying about as I hope not so much Brry Smith. But these these aren't nobody like. These are considerable traps to get back, and teams like the Brewers and the Rays and all of them. All of the other teams can't afford to push these guys for a rental like the Dodgers can. Now they could have done it, Yes, they could spend the money in the first place. This is all their own creating by not spending the money that they haven't spent in the first place. However, snapshot in time, it's just not worth it for these teams to get this this guy for a couple of months. So I understand it. It's it's it's it's it's a bit sad really that it's it's got to this point where a little bit sort of oh God, of course it's going to be the Dodgers again, and that's where we're at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose the next step is are we getting the three pet I think that might be the thing that pushes the majority of people over the edge of you know, we all know how random baseball is, except for the fact that the last couple of years the Dodgers have actually won the World Series, and so if they've traded for Scuoball and then you know, we get into the playoffs and they're rolling out Scooball, Yamamoto, Glass now Snell as their rotation.
Speaker 2: Nobody runs off them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get I get that some people we use that, but I still don't think it's it's it's enough. Even if they do three p I mean, it's we all know, it's still you would take the odds of everyone else versus the Dodgers in the postseason at the moment, they were very lucky to get past both the Mariners and sorry not Marin's. To get past the Blue Jays last year, it was you know, there was times that they could have lost that and they didn't look like the best team all the way through that. So I think there's still more chance that we don't have Dodgers Dodgers wringing again. You know, if they get to the World Series, it probably will be the Dodgers again, because, let's face it, the AL and the NLR are unbalanced at the moment, but it's still a crapshoot. So if we get that third, let's let's revel in the fact that we're having this, this great villain. You know, it's good for the sport to have the big boss. As I said a little while ago, We've had it with the Yankees in the past, We've had it with the Cardinals, in the past. Fine, let's have the Dodgers for a bit. Let's let's have the big bad Let's let's have someone on top of them. It's the same thing with the Afterrois a few years ago. They just you know, they had a couple of misses in between, and that's what happened here. Now, the Dodgers will probably lose this year, win next year. Doesn't change the calculus for me. Which one of the next two years they win, is still going to get X number of World Series in that time.
Speaker 2: You know what fair play.
Speaker 3: They've They've done it right. And it's not that they're not cheating, they're playing the game properly. They're just doking about a job of it. And that's that's what support is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and I think it's true.
Speaker 1: I think we always get the reverse when there is no great, truly great team. Everybody's like, oh, there's no super team anymore. This is terrible, Like everybody's just mediocre. You can't you can't really win. So I can understand the frustration. But yeah, they've they've done a very good job pretty much everything over the last ten years or so, the Dodgers, and that's how they can trade a guy like Hope and they still basically have an entire outfield full of you know, top fifty prospects coming down the pipe. So yeah, I think there is an interesting period coming up, Like you say, when when Betts and Freeman Andania are all in there, you know, late thirties. You know, what is that going to look like? Because those guys are still going to be on the team. But yeah, it's it's coming that time. And can they replace all of those Hall of Fame level players at the same time, It's going to be a little bit of a challenging for a team like the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: I think shifting will be the hard bit. I think shifting them, I mean they can. Yeah, they're on such big money because because of what the Dodgers can do, who's going to take on those contracts when they get rubbish? You know, like no one's picking up Mike Trapp now, you know, because he's not the player he was on that kind of money. So I think they could find themselves back into that corner a little bit. You could be Elsbury style and.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they just eat the money Dodger style. But yeah, there's a lot a lot of money there to be to be eating and yeah, even if they do do that, it's still you know, the guys you're replacing, these a generational talents. You're not just saying, oh, we need an above average guy. You know, they are all going to the Hall of Fame. So it's it's going to be a very interesting period in a couple of years, I think for the Dodgers. But I'm sure in the moment people are fed up, So we'll see see how the playoffs go. A team for who hasn't really panned out their rebuild the way that they would have liked is the Baltimore Orioles. And I think nothing could have been more symptomatic of that than the trade they made with the Red Sox, trading away Adlie Rutchman for a whole package of prospects, including Anthony Ironson, who I think is believed to be the best of the bunch. I think it was three of the Red Sox top five prospects the Oriols got back, so good prospect hall. But for a team that if you'd gone back five years and said who's the next big thing probably would have been the Orioles. And now, now do you look at this club and an avatar, probably Rutchmand, the avatar of that rebuild, being traded away to a division rival, though yet less. Yeah, the look for Michael Lias is not good. So what did you make of this one?
Speaker 3: And what do you think this this puts the Orioles going forward? I think I think this is odd from both sides. And maybe we'll come on to the Red Sox a bit later, but the Oriols is another We're starting quite depressing here with the things talking about. And there's another depressing story, you know, like like come on, like we could use another team on a bit of an up because there are plenty of mediocre and worst teams at the moment. We could use another big team on the up. And it's just not worked at Baltimore. But we Layman could see this this coming. You know, we've been bemoaning their lack of starting pitching for years. Just spent just a little bit of money on starting pitching would have made the difference. You know, this this team had that one one year which yeah they were playing well above their well above their their their talent level, but you know it was all there. There was there was enough there to get a couple more bits and go for it, and they haven't. And you know, you know they they had the false dawn of the new owner as well, and that's not really panned out, you know, And when do you start pointing fingers?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it ownership? Is it Michaelias?
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it? Their player development? I don't know, But it's not worked. And it's it's why is it not worked? It mean to be an oral must be pretty miserable. You've had, You've had years of being one of, if not the worst team in the league. This was this was the great reawakening and it's it's not come. It's not happened. I mean, where would you point the finger here? Is it? Is it? Elias? Is he is? He? Is he not done enough?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Is Is that got to be where the where the fault lies?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I think you hit the nail on the head with with one element of that with the pitching. You know, we've consistently said where is the pitching? They were very hitting focused in their prospector rebuild, and clearly the strategy seemed to be kind of what the Astros had done when Elias and Midel were there. We'll get the hitting sorted, and then we'll go out and trade for adjustin Erlander or whoever it might be. Uh, And you know they did, they did make that Corbyn Burdens trade mid season one year, but that was an expiring and you know they didn't didn't bring him back. And yeah, it's all been very mid rotation. We're not going to make the big splash and they've just that's that's one side of it. But then I think you've also got to point the finger at some of the sort of the hitting development, the finishing off of these guys.
Speaker 2: When you look at.
Speaker 1: Mayo or Cowser or any any number of these highly touted hitting prospects that were supposed to come up and form the core of this next Orils team. You know, yes, yes, Richmond has been good, but he's not been consistently good. And I don't think he's quite hit the heights people expected after his rookie year. And then even Gunner Henderson, as you know, he was fantastic his first couple of seasons and you know, he's still a good player, but it no longer looks like this is a you know, sort of elite court they're going to build around and the rest of them have not worked out at all, and so, yeah, the lineup is not crushing, and the pitching has been pretty disappointing, and so yeah, I think I think it is a compilation of things, but that reluctance to make any investment in pitching of consequence. And then just like I don't know what the cause is with these guys, but you know a lot of them were sort of seen to be can't miss type hitting prospects. They've all been pretty bad. John Westburg as well has not not panned out to a GRADEA. He has a lot of injury trouble. But yeah, you could have listed five, six, seven, you know, Orioles top one hundred hitting prospects a few years back, and they haven't really got anything out of them, and that's that's really hit them hard now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, whether that's you know.
Speaker 1: All on Elias, I don't know, but I think you can certainly pin the I'm not going to spend big on pitching on him. And they had that that little window where they did look like they might be in the ascendency and they didn't they didn't capitalize on it with pitching, and now it looks like we're heading back into rebuilt territory.
Speaker 3: Or is it just the curse of Peter Lonzo where he goes the team's just inexplicably rubbish. It's been fine, but.
Speaker 1: It has been fine. Yeah, he's not He's not collapsed. To be fair, haven't been any better since he.
Speaker 3: Left they so no, no, he ruined it fully, I've just just just a moment I want to talk on the Red Sox side. There was a there was a lot of prospects, and again I'm not a prospect guy. I don't know my stuff particularly, you use certainly more read into that than I am. Was it overpay uh?
Speaker 1: I think it was pretty extreme. Yeah, I mean none of these guys. Again, we didn't see any of the you know, very tippy top best prospects in baseball move and that's been pretty consistent with you know, most deadlines in the last few years. Teams just don't seem willing to part with those types of players unless you know you're getting a guy with many years of control. Back Rutchman, It's is under control for a bit, but not not that long. But it is. Yeah, as I said, three of the top five prospects, so they've they've kind of gutted their system to go after him, and I think, you know, they do have a need to catch he. Neither Wong nor Noveys had really done an awful lot this season, so it's a dressing a need for them. But I do wonder was it necessary to go quite this far, you know, were they competing with somebody or is this one good thing that Elias has done. You know, yes, that's been pretty good at trading for prospects in the past, as he somehow convinced that the Red Sox that this was the price they needed to pay. It does seem like an awful lot, but we do see a lot of these guys end up not panning out. I think they were going through some of the Dodgers pass trades on effectively wild the other day and sort of listing some of the prospects they traded away at the deadline for guys like you Darvish or Max Shazza, and most of them were either guys you were like, forgot he existed, or you know, they're kicking around the back end of someone's bullpen as a mediocre believer, or they've never made it to the majors. You know, there wasn't a lot of names there where you're like, oh, I bet the Dodgers are kicking themselves so that that guy go. So yeah, it kind of it does sort of look like a bit of an overpay on the face of it, especially given Rutchman's injury struggles. You know, he's on the il right now and the fact that he's never quite got back to that point that he did once. And I also think I think I saw a couple of make him the comparison that the race did much better, getting Liar Mix for a much lower price, who has been pretty equivalent in value to Rechimen.
Speaker 2: I think over the last year and a half.
Speaker 3: He's been he's been quite It's one of those quiet Marlin's players hidden at there in the back streets that you didn't see and no one really talks about.
Speaker 2: So I would tend to agree.
Speaker 3: But just just quickly back on the on the Red Sox, is there a bit of a bit of Breslow desperation. I mean he had to do something like he was being told, you know, cold boring, not doing anything, just filling around the edges, and all of a sudden he's conny early shot off to the Nationals for what looks like a bit of a phantom season from from Curtis made uh and uh, and then this huge trade. It's it's people are now saying nice things about Breslim again. But there was a there was a feeling you needed this a little bit, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It does smack a bit of I need to show people that I'm not some sabermetric robot and I care about the team kind of vibe to me. Yeah, I think, to be honest that the Giants trade is the most shocking of all because you know, I've heard rumblings about clubhouse issues and things like that, but Marcelo Meyer basically just getting traded for a reliever. When you consider the dog that might have had six months ago, I would not have believed you. If you'd said the Giants are going to trade a reliever for Marcelo Meyer at mid season, I'd be like, what is what's happened? You know, as he'd broken his legs? What's going on here? So that one, most of all I think, is like, what why have they just given him away?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe there are things that we don't know about going on behind the scenes. I have seen Red Sox fans talking about yeah, you know, bad clubhouse stuff, bad attitude.
Speaker 2: Maybe they just.
Speaker 1: Think we're not he needs to change it to we're going to wash your hands of him. But it's not like the Red Sox have had a good middle infield situation this year. You know, they're pretty struggled. You know, they're playing all sorts of guys. You know, it's a real sort of carousel of names in there. And yeah, he was, you know, not very long ago, considered to be one of the best prospects in baseball. So that one, most of all I think is is me thinking, what is Breslaw just like really trying to look like he's.
Speaker 2: Doing something here. Yeah, so how's that gone? How's that gone? It's not it's not gone.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, to be fair, I think Posey did a decent job at the deadline here. You know that up to this point that the job has not been good. But when you yeah, it's a it's a pretty good haul of guys they got. You know, they made I think five trades and really restocked their farm system and got some pretty well regarded prospects from a range of teams. So I think, yeah, for what we've traded away. I think he's done fantastically well, but you know the fact that they're in this position in the first place is not great. And you know, you look at the Davis contract and the Dumber's contract and you're like, I don't know how this is going, but this could be painful for a couple of years here.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, well he was, I mean you sort of think he was kind of another gem who needed needed a bit of a win. When you consider he is his own boss, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: It's still bizarre, you know, It's it's been coming up on two seasons now and it's still very strange that they made him gym with no experience in the first place. And to be honest, if you were to look at the last year and a half ago, yeah, this kind of looks like a guy who doesn't really know.
Speaker 2: What he's doing.
Speaker 3: Do you know what he's doing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, throw enough darts, you'll hit the target occasion there. Yeah, that Tony Vitello thing hasn't gone great either.
Speaker 2: That was the World recruitment. Yeah, so that was interesting.
Speaker 1: But I'm while we're on the topic of our teams, we've we've touched on Liam Hicks, how do you feel about the the Ray's deadline?
Speaker 2: Did you like what they did?
Speaker 3: I did? I did like what they did. I think they have Nickeled and Diamond a way quite well. I mean, uh, Freddie Perolta had a terrible first game the race last night against the Rockies. But this is a guy who's like double a double SiO winner. This time. He was traded from an absolute haul to the Mets in the first place, and everyone would say, wow, that's a really good move. That asked me, really good for the Mets. Of course they've they've met him and he's had that Mets the season, So you know, if you want someone to get something back that they once had when they were brilliant, I think he's in the right place of that kind of pitching development and sooth saying that they seem to have so and they've got him for bag of balls, like you know, it's I mean, it was involved in that trade was teamgb's Gary gil Hill. But other than that, I mean, they weren't they weren't top guys. They were all pretty low down guys, and so I think that's a good bit of business. You know, they needed another another starter, and they've got essentially someone who is less than a year away from being incredible. So yeah, really good. But moved there, Liam Hicks, we have already touched on again, they've sent a bunch of it's rude to say nobody's because these are all people they will have, you know, fabilis or whatnot. But from a from a baseball perspective, these are not high prospects.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They are all like ranked like sixteenth nineteenth in the Raised system, so these aren't big guys. And then to add Tyler Wells on the end as well, for they've essentially sent the guy back to the Orioles that they got in the Shane Baz deal, like one of the players to be named, and they've got Tyler Wells now who was a more than serviceable reliever on top. I'm very happy we've got the Rays have done. I think, you know, there's sas currently sat on top of the American League, which none of us saw that coming. It doesn't look like they're going away anytime, particularly soon. There's there's a lot of good going on there. I wasn't at all happy with the lack of middland Field. We've got Richie Pelasius, Taylor Walls, the much belignd and Ben Williamson being being the middland field there and like, none of those guys are hitting a lick at the moment. So watching her rise go to the Phillies was tough because that that was another one that that all the rumors were there and like, this is exactly the guy we need and then that's that's that's obviously not happened. So you know, there's more to do, but it's it's a solid bee good stuff about. You know, it's one of the better deadlines than we've had in the last few years. We've shipped nobody out, So yeah, all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in a good position.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I think Parolta has got a bit of a track record of being a very streaky especially like first half, second half. Guy I said, if anyone can unlock old Freddie Peralta, you would you would certainly bet on the raise And yeah, it's probably not going to go worse than it did for the Mets, So there is that element of it. Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, Well, okay, well I think you know what else, Yeah, but we I think every team did something some more worth talking about.
Speaker 2: Than the others.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk about the Angels because the Angels in a weird spot obviously, with interim GM John Mozeliak for some reason clearly decided he was not done with baseball after all and thought, what what would be a great idea, I'll come and work for Artie Moreno, But Artie seems to have let him do things, which is interesting, and some of them I quite liked. Yeah, you know, trading Ryan Zephy John to the Cubs and getting Moises Bisteros back. Pretty shocked that the Cubs gave up on him for a reliever. Has been good this season, to be clear, but again kind of surprised on that one. And then you know, Ose Soreano has been fantastic and he has under team control for a couple more years. But getting Argin Nimola, I think I think Nimola was the best spectraded deadline.
Speaker 2: There's sort of.
Speaker 1: One top twenty guy that went anywhere this this deadline fantastic work. So yeah, it's a very different looking team now. I think they're going to be pretty bad the rest of the way. I do the Angels depth charts at BP and I'm sat there going who who is playing here now and why it's really very difficult to figure out who's filling some of the innings. They just dfa to jul Haeseli, who's been awful as well, but that obviously means they've got a he's been dhing most days for them, So that's an offense first position that they don't really have anyone to play offense in it. So I think it's going to be a painful couple of months to watch for Angels fans, But the futures looking a little bit brighter than it did a couple of months ago when they just they seem stuck, didn't they that nas cycle of oh we're contending, honestly, and it's like with who with you know, Adam Frazier at second base?
Speaker 2: So what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: So I quite liked what they did, and I'm fascinated to see where them Buzoliak sticks around to this interim period as well, or whether they genuinely are going to go out and hire somebody to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I agree, and I think how many how many sets of baseball fans would would be rejoicing in the tear down, And I think the Angels are the only ones. God bless them to do that, like they are. You know, the mangy cat hasn't eaten in three days? Is he only got three legs? And you know, we all know it needs put him down, but somehow it just keeps clinging on to the edge of life, like like it's this, it was the good thing to do, is finally put this team out.
Speaker 2: Of his misery, you know, like they've been hanging on.
Speaker 3: Like Joe Adele is the perfect picture of what this team is.
Speaker 4: Like he's he's just not that good, like but oh well we might be any day now, like, oh well, we'll pin our hopes one more year, like this time, this time he means it and no, gone finally say with logan and hoppy like oh oh no, no, he's great looking at this guy's go oh maybe maybe not okay, and it's go just get.
Speaker 3: Rid of him and they're gone. It's like a clean slate, you know, don't go back to their ex. Cut the cord, move on, find something new. And I think finally, finally the Angels have done that. And this has been a very very long time coming. I mean, yeah, how many four starts of there being of them making all the noises and then we're all, yeah, no, it's good, Yeah, it's good. I think a funeral.
Speaker 1: I think a year ago you would have said there are two organizations that desperately just need to tear everything down. And it was to the Rockies and the Angels, and the Rockies, to their credit, actually went out in the off season and said, you know what, this ain't working. We've got to do something different. And I think there are some you know, positive signs coming out of Colorado that they are doing some different things. And so the Angels were left. You know, it's a bad sign, isn't it. When the Rockies have beaten you to the punch. It's like you're the one to everybody, you know, everybody watching, probably most people in the organization know that it's time for a big change, except for the guy at the top. So the fact that they finally seem to be getting there, it's good, even it's it's going to take a little while. But the alternative would have been whatever this muddling along was. And ye think I think all the Angels Founds are sick of that by now, so yes, absolutely, yeah, who's on your list?
Speaker 3: What did you like, I don't know if I liked it the Brewers. I wanted to talk a little bit about the Brewers. Brewers feel like they've been the anti Rays. They just didn't really get it done. Now it's the same criticisms of them not getting in there on the Scooball deal, but they've ended up with dustin May instead. Who find dustin May okay?
Speaker 2: Not amazing.
Speaker 3: They they've done a bit better for that, Like I like Jojo Romero. They picked up you know, and they've got Antonio Sensitela, so their bullpenny is a little better. Yeah, But have they moved the needle enough to say this is going to be any different from when they got absolutely wiped off the face of the earth by the Dodgers in the first first round of the playoffs last year? Like, well, what what's different here? What have they done to make it better? Not a lot really, And I think that that's the disappointment from the Brewers here, because they've they've got the farm, they've got. They do spend a bit of money occasionally when they need to. You know, they gave Yelli got great big contracts, so like they could have done it, and they just haven't, and it's just a little bit disappointing. I think I think Brewers fans would be a little bit disappointed too. Obviously, they're almost certainly gonna still be up and around the conversation come the end of the season, so they've done that bit of it. But I just don't see where the next step they should have taken has been taken. It's not there for me. It's a bit too safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think this is the thing that's played them as well, isn't it.
Speaker 1: And we say that the playoffs are a cruptry, but one thing that's been pretty reliable last few years is that the Brewers getting to the playoffs and then their offense completely disappears and they just get rolled out quickly. And you know, the lineup has been solid again this year. You know, they're an above average offense, but they've hit the fewest time runs in the majors. And hitting ham runs actually correlate, it's pretty well with success in the postseason because it's a lot harder to string together those runnies against better pitching. And so, yeah, when you are dead lasting home runs and your problem previously in the postseason has been can you generate enough offense.
Speaker 2: I'm not loving it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think we could see a repeat, and I hope we don't because you know, I think they deserve better based on the way they've rather cleverly run that organization and tech things going. You know, it's been a pretty perpetual motion machine over there.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to line, no doubt, but they just haven't taken that step of it.
Speaker 1: They have not, and yet I would have liked to see them go out and get somebody with a bit of thump in the back to bost the lineup a bit.
Speaker 2: I think would have really helped them.
Speaker 3: Agreed, anyone else on your list?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I suppose the Tigers in an interesting spot, they could have gone either way. I think that division is still very winnable. You know, I'm still the White Sox have the whiff and frauds about them. To me, I'm not buying it. I think that pitching is going to at any moment. You could just tell me that, you know, they'd all collapse and they'll have the worst pitching start from the majors over the last month of the season, and I would believe you. I could see that happening, So I think it's yeah, I understand that. You know, they've got a pretty good collection of guys. For Scooball, my is also going to be a free agent at the end of the season. You know, they're logical moves. It makes sense, but it is still a bit when you're in that position. You can you can still see, you know, the Vision titles very much within reach. I think it's definitely a possibility or a wild card spot with how weak the air is to trade away you know, your two best pictures. It's a bit a bit of a rough blow for the Tigers fans and maybe they'll do what they did a couple of years ago and go on a run. Anyway, even though they traded a absolutely some of their best studs that come back they had last year was a bit of a sort of done for them really because because there's an awful lot more value they could have had out of out of Miz and Scooball if they had shipped them out, even you know at the beginning of the season, there's they left a lot on the table. I think, yeah, when you when you're saying what would have got them a top ten prospector if they dealt scooball this offseason, undoubtedly somebody would have given them one. That is. Yeah, So timing is everything. And they've still got a lot of good young players here. You know, They've just brought Max Clark up. It's very exciting young player. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. So I think they've still in this division. Obviously, got a great chance to still be in it next season. But you know, when when you're less than five games out at the deadline, you don't really want to see your team dealing away the top top two starters at the deadline, do you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And it's been weird way that there's all those teams in the middle have really made different decisions despite being very very similar spots, you know, and that's it has been a long one. I think there's a couple of teams I would like to just touch on the Reds. We talk about the Reds because do they get the wrong day? I just genuinely, honestly think there's as the guy who does the paperwork off sick, or did they put the trade deadline in the wrong day in their diaries or something. You know that someone someone's job was to put the calendar entry in for oh yeah, it's the fourth. The trade deadline is the fourth uh into into and then of course it was the third. Is that what's happened here? Because they're in activity just it baffles me, absolutely baffling. And they've got so many guys who's who are about to be free agents and they've not got anything for them anything. They're just sat there that they are not going to be relevant coming into this season, and it's they've just left it all. I mean that we had, we had Tyler Stevenson crying on camera because he knew that the logical even he knew a man who loved, loved playing for that team knows the only sensible things for him to be traded away and have some value come back for him. And he's still there, Like you know, Heno Suarez brought Burke Brady, Singer, Millia Pegans, Tyler Stevenson like that. These guys individually, one or two of them all right, not great, But packet a couple of them up and send them off to a competing team that you're going to get a half decent prospect back.
Speaker 2: What were they doing? I mean, but I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: There's no sense to this other than then there was a power cut and you know in their offices or something. I have no idea what's happened here, but it's not worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's really bizarre. You know that the last in a pretty competitive division, the NL is obviously a lot stronger. There's no chance they were going to go anywhere. It's been a pretty miserable year for them. And yeah, it's kind of baffling. It's not you know, there's always somebody looking for catcher help. There's always somebody looking for relievers. You know, these are pieces you can trade. Uh yeah, I mean you look at some of the situations around the league. They could have got something. Yeah, you know that doesn't need to be you know, incredible, but they could have got something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I am always interested in these. You know, it'd be great to know what was going on behind the scenes. You know, are they frantically working the phones and they just can't find the right fit, you know, everybody they're in the talks, and then you know, somebody else's just makes the trade with the team they were going to trade with, and you know, maybe they were just just close to all of these deals and they didn't quite get it done.
Speaker 3: But I also it's definitely gone wrong. It's not been by design. This like, this was not not a choice they'd made. Something has happened that was was less than ideal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you do.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean, it's very kids doing their homework. Isn't the trade deadline? I do wonder why a few more teams don't do what the Dodgers did, or you know the Red Sox did with needed early and just say hey, hey, can we do this a week before or something like give us a bit more time stuff out. You know, here's Tyler sevenson, you need to catch her. Let's let's figure it out now, you know what?
Speaker 2: Why wait?
Speaker 1: But yeah, something went quite wrong there and I don't know what it was, but you're right, and it's pretty bizarre.
Speaker 3: Last team I wanted to touch on. Really there's other teams that done some bits, but I liked what the Pirates did. The Pirates went out and they just got a bunch of half decent relievers and you know, if you look at a whole that team needed it was, it was half decent relievers. And they've they've just gone out and they've done it. And I've I think the Pirates might be all right this year. You know, it's been a long time coming again, but they're they're in it, and I think they may stay in it. And yeah, I really liked they've got Luke Weaver, Val Kirby Yates. I think that somebody else in there as well. I can't remember it now, but it was. It was a decent without and they didn't give up much. They didn't give up the farm, you know, they didn't give much at all. And they've they've they've sort of reinv into their bullpen and it looks an awful lot better than it did two days ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a big weakness for them. I mean, they've been surprisingly good offensively. They obviously have the rotation and the bullpen. It's been the big problem for them. So yeah, it's two overhaul.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, maybe five five new relievers they got in the end. Yeah, so good work they you know, I mean it's still it's still a bit Pirates, isn't it. And that you know, they didn't make the big expansion. We're not we're not talking trade for Mason Miller here, but yeah, I think it's encouraging. You know, we've seen the Pirates do nothing a bit too often over the last few years. So heartening to see them say, hey, you know, we've got a decent chance this year, and we recognize what our weaknesses and we are actually going to go out and do something about it.
Speaker 2: It's quite un piratesy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's not just resigning the same outfielder which they've had for a million years, because they quite like him and we all like him, don't get me wrong, but you know that don't just resign touch and that's that's done again. Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it hasn't caused any bad vibes, not resigning cut It doesn't seem like So no, they got away with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got away with it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think we won't go through all all thirty teams, but we did say we were going to talk a bit more about what we would have liked to see, both both realistic and perhaps a little more on the whimsical side.
Speaker 3: So what what have you got?
Speaker 2: What would you have liked to see happen at the deadline?
Speaker 3: We already mentioned I would have liked the ready to do something with the Midland field, So leave that one out there the Yankees. I would have liked to have seen the Yankees sort out catcher a captor who could who can can hit a right sorry hit lefties, sorry hit right T's Ali Sadwichers can hit lefties. The rest of them can't hit anything, and I think they're really suffering because of that at the moment, without without Judge and Stanton and Bellinger, their their offenses is way way, way, way way down. And they've obviously taken Ramos for the outfield off the Giants, which Lang long he'll be there for but he's a bit of a decent stock gap. But that that that catching situation for the Yankees just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I think they really needed to, you know, Stevenson, there you go perfect alreally straight straight up trade with the with the Reds would have done the job. And it's just not not not great there for the catch. So I would like to see the Yankees do a little bit more for catching there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the collapse of Austin Wells has been quite bizarre, really excul Yeah, but yeah, it's it's not a good situation over there. Good good news for you that they didn't do anything, I suppose because that well, yes, there is no lineup is looking held together by sticky tape at this point.
Speaker 2: No judge, no standon, no Bellinger.
Speaker 3: It's not not the best over there, right, everyone needs a break every now and again. Yeah, who have you got? Have I got?
Speaker 1: I'm I was a bit disappointed with Atlanta, to be honest. I know they're in a great position in the division, but I think everyone's also a little bit surprised at how good a position they are in. And it just felt like they didn't didn't swing for the offenses very much. You know, they made a lot of very low level moves and I think they could have done with starting. But you know, they traded for Tyler Marley from the Giants, who's not been very good from the Giants. You know, you're really really fishing around in the bottom end of the pool there. We know, we know the line GM did turn them down though, didn't he The grom did. Yeah, you see, wanted to stay in Texas. So yeah, mate, maybe that you know, that was their big swing and they didn't pan out, and they said, you know what, We're just not gonna not going to bother with trying to go out and get another higher end starter. So yeah, that that would have been the kind of thing I'd have might to see the bravesy because.
Speaker 3: Maybe they thought it was done they had in the bag, and then him last minute saying actually no thanks.
Speaker 1: The shortstop situation is also not great. You know, they've mixed and matched and Mauritia de Bond's having a decent season for them, but you know he's not the best shortstop in the world. This Jim Jarvis kid, who I yah does sound a bit like a made up name, but he is. He's a real player, has played okay, but you know this is a a team that presumably has got world serious ambitions. Having a hole that shortstop is not what you want. There are a lot of zach Netto trade rooms. For example, if the Angels are truly saying this is full on rebuild, I fires Atlanta. I would have gone and said, what's it going to take. Let's push the boat out and see if we can get Neto on our team, because that would have felled a big hold from too. So yeah, either either pitching or starting pitching, or that shortstop hole. I think for Atlanta, I would like to see them do more about.
Speaker 3: I saw a decent trade that could have been made. The Cardinals have obviously been shipping some stuff out from the has been around for a couple of years. I think Alec Burlerson would have been a phenomenal trade.
Speaker 2: To the d Backs.
Speaker 3: I think that would have that would have worked. They would have He's got enough enough about him that he would have there would have been some some prospects going back, So it would be good for the Cardinals for where they are. The d Backs aren't out of it by any means. They're they're right in that in that fight, and they they have I think they're the fourth or fifth worst first base at the moment, So they really needed somebody who was who was a little bit more competent at first base. And I think that would have been a really nice fit for for for that for for a trade there, and that didn't happen, So I would have liked to have seen that. I think that would have worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess they are just a bit more willing to part with nuke Bar than they were Balsam. I think he's maybe a free agent a little bit earlier, a little bit older obviously. I think, Yeah, Perhups and downs injury wise as well, Nuke Bar So I guess they've saw him as a bit more expendable in their rebuild. The Cardinals have also been better than I expected this year, probably better than they expected, I think, so, Yeah, maybe they just see him as a key part. But I agree that the Diargenbacks could use the help over there would have been nice to anything really that big bat, Yeah, anyone better than than what they've had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, traffic cone with a with a broom duct take to it probably would have been better at this point. But that's mean. I didn't mean that.
Speaker 1: Poor poor Tim Tower, who is currently playing first base for the d Backs, I believe, well, yeah, quite yes, what was he hitting? He's sitting two eighteen, two seventy three, three seventy four. Not what do you want from a from an offense first position?
Speaker 2: It is not?
Speaker 1: So Yeah, that's that's a pretty clear hole that they could have done with filling.
Speaker 3: Is a couple of silly ones? You got any more sensible ones?
Speaker 2: Sensible ones? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean I remain eternally frustrated by the Guardians. Training for a foster Grover is nice and very Guardians thing to do, you know, He's been a very nice surprise for the Nats this year. But the lineup is still bad, isn't it like.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Nathaniel Joe Adele Joe Odell's like, come on, Guardians, like, you don't have to have a bad lineup. You are allowed to have a good lineup. It's okay. But they just seem to approach the whole thing like no, no, it's okay, we can do this without any hitting. It's like this personal challenge they've set themselves pitching, only we're not going to do the hitting part. Where are there this year? They're twenty their twenty fifth rength offense in the game. And you know, we all watch that Guardian's line up in the playoffs last year and it was one of the most painful things, I think, obviously for quite a lot of it. So I just you don't, you don't have to do this. Surely there's somebody out there you could have gone gone a little bit higher. They've always got prospects to the Guardians. It's just, yeah, frustrating. I'm not surprised, but I wish just one of these years we'd see some sort of blockbuster Guardians trade for anyone, any hitting just shocked me one year.
Speaker 3: Year.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so on the on the less less serious side, perhaps what have you got?
Speaker 3: What Darius suggested to me before we did this, he said, well, we'll think about what else you would trade, you know, stadiums or mascots or stuff like that. And actually, before I even talk about any of these, have you ever heard of spacey the needle? When we come to talking about mascots, I.
Speaker 1: Think I like the phrase space see the needle, space the needle. Okay, I'm googling now.
Speaker 3: Terrifying, terrifying. It is a It is a like twelve foot tall monster with a space needle.
Speaker 2: Head, like really really long legs.
Speaker 3: It is an absolute silent hill creature of horror.
Speaker 2: This looks like I have a horror film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's horrible. I was just doing a little bit googling around, just sing what I could think of, and then I saw that and had bloody nightmares. You're doing stop park the car, Google Google Spacy the needle. Make sure there's no kids watching.
Speaker 1: It's horrible if you're not in a position where you can stop the car. I would just described spacing the needle appears to be a man in stilts and a white suit. I assumes in the white suit they're all black and white photos really is. And his head is the like observation deck of the Seattle Space needle. He doesn't have a head, it's just the observation, like you can't see his head. It looks it literally looks like they've replaced it with that. Yeah, so that's a thing that happened, and yeah.
Speaker 3: It's horrible. Honestly, google it. It's it's haunt your nightmares anyway. So that that was a really nice arted down. I did think about what else could we trade New York teams to trade cities Yankee Field for the Vitality Stadium in Bournemouth. The reason being is they've had six rainouts since it last rained here at all. It has been so dry for so long, and they keep canceling games over in New York. So come here to Bournemouth, set yourselves up as the local team. Enjoy never having to cancel the game again, because I don't think it's ever going to rain again ever here. It's so dry. You're in North Wales, aren't you, Darius.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: It has been dry. We've had some rain, we've had some rain, and I will say that has rained during the course of this episode as well. So yeah, man, I am so jealous.
Speaker 3: It has literally been two months here, so we know we did have We had a two and a half minute downpour about about a month ago. Other than that, it is I mean, you about to say you should see my back garden. My my backgarden grass is plastic, so that's really kind of But the front garden it looks like the Serengetti. So yeah, bring them here because you know it's it's nice and right. So let's let's do that trade. We'll send We'll send that the Bormouth football team to New York because I'm sure they'd like they'd like that over there, and I'm not interested in them in the slightest. And then we can have we can have some MLB franchise here on the south coast of England. Yeah, who says no?
Speaker 2: Who says no? I think probably the Yankees.
Speaker 3: What the Mets have? The Mets, well, they got to lose.
Speaker 1: Steve Karen can just afford to ship a stadium across the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, why not do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the kind of thing they used to do, like in the thirties, wasn't it just like buy mansions in there in Britain and then ship them over the Yeah.
Speaker 3: London Bridge famously is somewhere in America, is it not?
Speaker 2: Yeah I think so, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And the Statue of Liberty came from France.
Speaker 2: Yep, so that was just normal. So Steve, Steve, bring it back.
Speaker 1: Clearly, spending your money on the roster roster isn't working, so why not do this? This makes absolute perfect sense. What we need in the South of England is a fifty thousand seat of baseball stadium that absolutely that absolutely works. Darius, did you have any interesting trades he would.
Speaker 3: Like to make?
Speaker 1: Well, I did think of a Mets related one, which it would be quite funny if Missus Met got traded to the Phillies, sort of deepening the Phillies Mets rivalry some sort of weird you know, love triangle. Mister Mets now jealous of the fanatic who objectively more attractive mascot than the terrifying mister Met. And you know Missus Mets had enough of Frankly, who wouldn't have the Mets season, and she's like, I want what's going on over there in Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: So off she goes.
Speaker 3: This is an interesting moral conundrum here, though, because the trade is completed by the team, not by missus Mets. So are we saying we're sort of selling her into prostitution? No? I think she demands the trade out of New York, right, Okay, good, that's certainly the morally better way with this should go down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Philly sends back. I think they don't want Alec Bohm or something. The other one, the other, the other phidy adjacent one was just for them to They've already committed to having another awful defensive team because they love doing that. Like, let's put Bryce Halfer back in the outfield.
Speaker 2: What could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 1: I think they should have leaned more heavily, Like why stop there? Why not just go in trade for the worst defensive players in baseball? See how much they've already got Schwarburg, but make him, you know, go and trade for somebody who has to play d h you know, so short stop has to play.
Speaker 2: I mean, is not great?
Speaker 3: When did that happen? But yes, I agreed, I thought it would be good if Red's catcher Tyler Stevenson, who talked about a lot today. We don't normally talk that much about the we we talked about. So Reds catcher Tyler Stevenson, who is almost he was, I don't know if he still is, but the most ABS windsors a fielder and infield South Stewart who has the most ABS winsors of a batter to be traded to the umpires in exchange for Bill Miller, who will then of course be reunited with Caleb Ferguson on the Reds who called him a expletive fat ass. So that's juicy all round.
Speaker 2: They're just looking for some clubhouse strife.
Speaker 3: Bill Miller in the club. But you know the other guy's clearly they're they're they're they're doing a better job because they keep winning the ABS. So they've got they've got the umpire eyes. Let's get them on the umpires and let's get Bill Miller there where you know we can. We can get that all sorted. Because you shouldn't be calling people that they should be they do in the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: Get get actual players to be the umpires. That should be the kind of thing, you know, because the All Star Dad, they should get dads to do it. That players dads to be the umpires or just any dads, Yeah, just that random dads. And then one of them, one of them is a little bit drunk and swearing from the sidelines. They just read out the seat number and it's like, come on down, you're behind home plate tonight. And then there's and then there's the miz throwing one hundred and five at this umpire. Yeah it's great. Yeah, there might be quite a few legal issues throughout with that one. Yes, absolutely, Okay, that works.
Speaker 3: Anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wanted more nominative determinism, so prospect Boston Smith keeps getting traded this deadline, but not but not to Boston. Robbie Ray didn't go to the Rays. Very disappointing. Everybody called Brewer. Everybody called Brewer. There's more than one Brewer now. I think they should all be on the Brewers. Anybody with any team nominative determinism should you know that should be forced into a trade somewhere.
Speaker 2: I think that would be good.
Speaker 3: Feel really sorry for Eric diamond Back.
Speaker 2: I might have made him up.
Speaker 1: It's possible. I don't think we have any more any any Rockies now. Do you know people used to be called rocky but yeah, I mean rock rock Chilowski just got drafted in the draft.
Speaker 2: He could go.
Speaker 1: I don't know White Soxs would want from the Rockies in exchange for the number one oh four pick, but.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 3: They needed they needed catching.
Speaker 2: How maybe they could have trained Hunted Goodman. There you go as a trader.
Speaker 3: And absolutely Plus they also keep talking about wanting a new stadium. Souse causes very nice stadium, and it's in a silly place. So maybe ship that thing up. Get Stevie back on the phone, ship that one down as well, we move stadiums all over the place. I think I had two more. First of all, I would like to trade Mark talking about food. I'm going to trade him for some long fingernails on a blackboard, because that would be at this point rather than explaining what a can of corn.
Speaker 2: Is again and again and again every single ad break.
Speaker 3: So I'm happy to do that one and last one. I had a couple of outcomes from this one. I was going to trade Rob Manfred to FIFA for Gianni Infantino and a brown and vope of cash allegedly to be named later. And it's got It's got got two possible outcomes. Number one outcome is we suddenly realize we've actually got it quite good and we'd rather have Rob Manfred back, and then everyone holds hands sings kumbay. We get a nice, nice deal for the next CBA, and we'll carry on watching a lot more baseball so that that would be a benefit, and he ends up going back. But if we do keep Infantino, there'd be an immediate expansion to forty eight teams, which means roy in Utah is starting to look very very attractive as a place to put a team. So who doesn't want to see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you'd very quickly run through the obvious candidates segment, you that the Nashville's, the Montreals, you know, and then you'd suddenly be, well, god, what are we going to do now? And there would be Roy ready and waiting in Utah. You've already prepared the bid, you can just now.
Speaker 3: It's all ready to go.
Speaker 2: They're all ready to go.
Speaker 3: I don't know what number, but look back, we have a whole episode about roy Utah, So go back and find that one, because it wasn't actually about that. I didn't win our competition, but we did have a competition, and roy Utah wasn't it. I think Mexico City might have won that competition. You did the Axe Lottels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there was a lot of detail about Roy, much more than the Mexico City bid.
Speaker 3: I've put far too much work into any more trades before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I'm still mulling over whether I'm actually glad that we don't have Infantino and we just get Manfred instead. Kind of seems preferable, which I feel. I feel a bit dirty saying that, but it's probably true. There's not many people you can say that about. There's not many people, but I think Infantino is one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good, Oh well, thank you for joining me, Rob. I think we've comprehensively broken down the trade deadline and the entirely fictional trade deadline as well on top of it. And if we didn't talk about your team, it's because we don't like them.
Speaker 2: That is true. Yes, we're not going to pretend anymore. That was why.
Speaker 1: You'll notice that, you know, we very quickly moved on from Jacob de Grom. Rob didn't want to talk about the Rangers at all. I don't like the Rangers, doesn't like the Rangers.
Speaker 3: Do we even say Blue Jays?
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: I think I mentioned Arjian Nimmela, but I don't know that we actually talked about the budgets. So other teams are available, Other teams are available. Yeah, that's just you know, we picked our favorites.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and with that, thank you everybody for listening. Don't forget to check out the website backflipsinders dot com. Gav is always doing stirling work, to the point that I often feel quite bad we haven't done a podcast because Gav is pumping out articles left, right and center and on all sorts of topics, you know, not just the trade deadline. There's stuff on the gb women's baseball team. There's stuff about the CBA on there in the past month. Yes, there's all sorts of Gavin. The contributed team are doing a great job. Do go and check out the website and we will hopefully be back a lot sooner than we were for this particular podcast. As we approach the postseason, I'm sure there'll be lots to talk about down the stretch and well, look like it's some pretty exciting playoff races, So keep an eye out for further pods and we will catch you next time.