Speaker 1: It's a niceiety. And Dan Ray, I'm telling you Boston.
Speaker 2: News Radio, all right, we're going to keep rolling here now. Whenever we talk about war and peace, the ladies don't pick up the phone. Ladies, women, whatever you want to say, I want to hear from you on this. Donald Trump has a big decision to make, and it's a decision that's going to impact a part of the world half a world away, but it could have implications for us in our own backyard.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The folks who will be skeptical are going to say, what's the plan for the day after? You know, I don't know what the plan for the day after is. They better have some idea about what might happen. So we only lines open right now. We have two at six, one, seven, two thirty. Here's the issue. And if you want to identify yourself either as a Trump supporter or as a Trump critic, which is fine. My question is this is probably the most monumental decision that Donald Trump, short of going to war with Russia or China, This has to be the most monumental decision that Trump. Donald Trump is likely to make during his time in office. What should he do? Has how has he played it so far. That's what I'm asking. Let's go to Mike and Beverly. Mike, you next on nights.
Speaker 3: I go right ahead, Hey, how are you? How you feeling tonight? Feeling better tonight than last night?
Speaker 2: Surprisingly had some of that that stuff. I think it's called musin X. Seems to have helped me a little bit.
Speaker 3: I swear my last stuff.
Speaker 4: I love that stuff. That was like liquid gold. I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I took it in pill form, so we'll find out. Not feeling one hundred percent, Mike, there's no doubt about that. It probably you can hear it in my voice. But thank you for asking.
Speaker 3: Thank you for us anyway, So as as you had a couple of calls earlier saying about the situation and not we know troops on the ground. If you do it, it's just to me the bunking busters. But don't be surprised that there's not something. Does Israel have atomic bombs, you know?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 2: I believe they do. I believe they do, but I think they would be very hesitant to move them to use them, Okay, because because even if they used them, uh, that stuff is going to spread, which is one of the arguments against Iran that the President made. You heard the comments that were we we played earlier that that this stuff will migrate throughout the community. Look, I want to play one bite. I want your once your reaction to this mic. This has got number four, Please Noah, I want Mike to respond to this cut number four.
Speaker 6: People in the base don't want to long term more that they're afraid that we're going to get into a long term. A long term we're looking which only want one thing. Iran cannot have him if they weapon. I said, I'm not looking long term structure. And I've been saying that for twenty years. I've been saying that this is a civilian who got a lot of publicity.
Speaker 2: People would cover it very simply. Iran cannot have.
Speaker 4: Any brew up.
Speaker 7: And he said, it's not a question of anything else. And if you did, you wouldn't have much of a country because they would use.
Speaker 3: It on us, and they'd use it on other people and they'd be a terror all over the world.
Speaker 2: Boy, if that doesn't give us some insight into what he's thinking, nothing does.
Speaker 3: Oh I get again and I totally support him a big time about this is rail battle with this thing for years, for forty five years. I think it's oh my god, Dan, the loss soldiers, all that sort of stuff, and they're like right there about going without it, and that guy's gonna go down without it. He's not gonna surrender. I'll tell you right now, he's not only in the bunking right now. He ain't going down. He ain't gonna surrender and ain't gonna happen. I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see, we'll see how it transpires. Thank you, man, appreciate you call very much. Thanks, Thanks Mike. All right, I get some more six one seven four thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. I cannot think of a more consequential decision that Donald Trump is likely to make during his presidency. And I'd love to hear from you, whether you are a Trump supporter or a Trump critic, his decision will have implications for everyone worldwide, implications. It doesn't get any bigger than this. Don't disappoint me. Tell me what you think he should do. It'll be easy when it's over. I want you to put yourself in the Oval office as his advisor. He turns to you and says, what should I do. I gotta tell you, I think it's a great question, and I know that I'm going to have a variety of answers here. It's more than yes or no, it's what do you do? And how are you prepared for whatever the blowback will be. Let's go next, too, Glenn, Glenn, You're next, do Knights? I go eg Glynn.
Speaker 5: I am very depressed and very angry. I hope he doesn't do this because you know, I'm gonna die our Trump flan for ten years, I've never disagree with him on anything. I agree with them on his war on Harvard Foreign Exchange students every time. But on this, do we know A if we have sleeper cells in this country? B how many? And see where are they?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I'm sure there are sleeper cells in this country at this point, the board has been for four years. Okay, but do we know where they are? I'm sure we don't know where they all are? And I'm sure I mean if if that's.
Speaker 8: My point, yeah, I mean we could have a nine to eleven as a result of this, which say we pull this off off successfully and then something happens here in a New York City subway.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, you're you're talking about biological chemical weapons. There's there's a lot of things that can be smuggled into the country. You have, right, you know, you have people come across the border, not only from Mexico but from Canada. And yeah, we've tightened up the border. But as you said, who's here, what are their intentions? We don't know. We don't know that that's the unknown. But here's the question. Here's the question. Are you willing I'll play Devil's advocate with you. Are you willing to see Iran become a nuclear nation? And what havoc might you have to deal with five years from now, maybe five months from now.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Most people have nukes, it's kind of hard.
Speaker 2: No, most people don't have nukes.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean India has them, and I mean Russia, China, we do, Israel, hasm.
Speaker 2: We think they do, whether they have them, whether they have a delivery system, whether they would use them. I am fearful that the theocrats who run Iran, there's zealots. They not want to destroy the US, who's half a world away, but they want to destroy Israel, which is one thousand miles away.
Speaker 5: Oh. I know it's like they want Israel first and then US. But I support Israel's client policy. I support their Prime minister. But I just think at the end of the day, this is their war. I don't think it's our war.
Speaker 2: Well, if they don't have if they don't have the ordinance to take out these facilities, because they're buried underground, deep underground, and we have it, you know, and we're an ally of Israel, do we say to Israel, no, we're not going to use these because when they get the bomb, we'll use it. Then it'll be too late.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I understand that side. I just okay, I'll.
Speaker 2: Play Devil's avocate with whatever side comes up tonight, Glenn. Okay, it's it's a pretty serious topic. I think it's the most consequential decision that this president will will be faced with, you know, absent China invading Taiwan, that'd be a pretty big question.
Speaker 5: I know, that's another problem.
Speaker 2: You got it, You got it, Glenn. I appreciate your call as always. Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay. The only line open right now, only six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. The other line is full six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. I got Jim, I got Kim, Kim, thanks very much. It's great to have a female perspective on this. It's important. Two lines six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Back on night Side, It's.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dany. I'm tell you bas Boston's news Radio. It's night Side with Dan Rey on Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's roll. They're going to go to gym in Kansas City. Jim, you're next on Nightside.
Speaker 9: Your thoughts, Dan, thanks for you might call uh Well to me, Dan, I'm I'm a Trump supporter. But to me, it's not a matter of yes or no. It's a matter of how and exactly where, because I'm sure we have what we need to reach it, but you need to know exactly where to drop it. Because if you look at that, if I'm not mistaken, this place is not called it's spelled capital f E R dows, so that maybe pronounced four dow, but it's spelled fur doze. And it's in between a big mountain range and kind of a smaller mountain range. They both look like they're volcanic maybe metamorphic rock. If it's underneath, if it's inside those, it's going to be really really difficult, you know, to get deep enough. So depending on how. To me, it's not a matter of.
Speaker 8: Yes or no.
Speaker 9: It's a matter of exactly how and where and uh So, hopefully we have some men tell telling them I looked at their I looked at their products. It doesn't say anything about uranium. But they trade heavily with China, so they may be getting their uranium from China.
Speaker 5: Which if that.
Speaker 9: The good thing about that is that if we if we eliminate what they have, then it'd be a while before they could get more from China.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 9: In other words, they're not they're not mining their own. They don't have like a huge stockpile of it. So I mean, but to me, are you still there?
Speaker 2: I'm listening. I'm listening.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at on a map, and I don't I mean, according to what I'm seeing, we don't know very much about It's probably a language barrier, very secretive and you know, very uh in in uh introverted society.
Speaker 2: Okay, so so where does when you when you take all of that and you put it in your computer and you're the president or or you're in the in the office with the president and he turns to you and says, Jim, I got to make a decision. What should I do?
Speaker 9: Well, the decisions already, Like I said, it's not a matter of yes or no. It's definitely a yes. But the question is exactly what you hit. If you look on a map, there's two models.
Speaker 2: I assume that there are people above my pay grade, in your grade who have this figured out. I mean, I'm sure they're not flying planes over there and saying drop it when you think so. I mean, they know where where they.
Speaker 9: Want to hit, but maybe hopefully because I'll.
Speaker 2: Just say, look, I think that is the mission has to be clearly defined. They must know to the to the well, not to the meter, where with this uh, where they're going to hit it. I have to believe that they're not just flying over there and saying, hey, give a good look out the window and drop something big. No no, no, no, no no. They know. And by the way, they're going to have to take off from an airbase in your state.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm looking at this mountain range and it looks to me like it's about between half and three quarters as tall as Mount Palomar, and Palomar is nine thousand feet, so it's somewhere around forty five hundred feet tall. That's pretty tall. I mean, I'm sure they got.
Speaker 2: The whole uh you know, Jim, Jim, you're telling me stuff that they know all this stuff, I mean, what the name is and all of that. They know where they want to drop the bomb. If I'm sure they have all the intelligence they need. I hope they have the right intelligence. I hope they're not going to drop it in the wrong place. But if the President says to you, Okay, Jim, we got up, we know where we want to go. Should I go today? Should I wait the two weeks? What should I do? What do you tell them?
Speaker 9: Oh, you need to negotiate install for time as long as you can. But I say, it all depends on exactly what you know and how well you know it. But I mean, if they're saying it's at fourdoh, they could be shuttling it between those two mountain ranges and then you'd have to hit both they have to cut it off, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thank you very much. I think I think you I appreciate your Paul and I think that a lot of people probably can identify with what you're saying.
Speaker 9: I was thinking that if it's if they know exactly where it is, and it's like one mountain that's like fifteen hundred feet tall, you could just drop it down to like five hundred feet and just turn everything into dust in that area.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't know the capacity. I'm told. I'm told that the bomb is what's called a bunker buster bomb, which would penetrate the earth. There probably would be two or three that would be dropped. It wouldn't just be one. Again, I'm not.
Speaker 9: I I dropped four for one right in the mid at the top, one ninety degrees halfway down.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you for the statistical analysis. Jim. I gotta keep rolling here, man, Okay, thanks, I appreciate it. Jim is giving us plenty of information. Next up is Kim in Winthrop. Kim welcome.
Speaker 10: Okay, Uh, the guys, your other callers are very nervous.
Speaker 2: How did this come up? As Kim, this is this is Tim. This isn't Kim Tim, Tim, Tim? Yeah, all right, mixed it up. It's Timothy. Noah, go ahead, Tim.
Speaker 10: They're a little bit to the left that nervous. I'm not nervous at all. They gotta get they got They know the Messade and the FBI today and the CIA. They know exactly where it is and they're gonna bomb both places. Are three places they know more than we do, like of course, and I'm talking sense. And they're gonna have no ground troops, That's what I'm saying. Uh, there we no ground troops there. They're gonna eliminate the threat causing avalanche. These thing's going to go four hundred feet below the ground, so they I'm not worried at all, you know what I mean. I'm not worried at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate your confidence, but I'm worried. I'm worried that if we do go, that the mission is successful, that it accomplishes what it needs to accomplish, and also is prepared because there's going to be some blowback.
Speaker 10: I mean, they don't have any line of command at all. The most of them been taken out anyways. But we can't accept that. But they know more than we do. And I don't think they're a threat right now, but they're a little threat.
Speaker 2: But I think the strength of Iran. I've read up a little bit on this, not a lot. I believe that they have the fifth largest standing army in the world.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter, no, no, I understand that.
Speaker 2: I do understand that. But what I'm saying is they're considered to have a big army. Now again, I assume we have satellite telemetry which allows us to figure out have they moved troops somewhere. All of that, I mean, I assume that the president has a lot more information. But the premise of this hour or this hour and a half is to say to people, this is the sort of decisions that a president makes. When a president decides to close the border, that's a that's not a biggie. You knew he was going to do that, but this is one that has some some far flung implications. It will be no matter what he does or doesn't do that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let me add what happened Israel bomb the LNG the gas, which got me mad. But they didn't get the oil refineries. But I already called on my oil company. I'm locked in at three point fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Do you know something, Tim, I was about to ask you, uh, if you had done that. But that's very smart and obviously yeah, yeah, because I would think I would bet you that. And you know what, if your tank is in full, fill it up now lock it in for next year. Good move, good move.
Speaker 10: I'm locked in a three fifty nine.
Speaker 2: How much again? What what is the presce you're going to be paying three fifteen July?
Speaker 10: First, it's three fifty nine.
Speaker 2: That's a way, that's you know, so for next winter, Jim, rather Tim, brilliant, just I did. Yeah, let me tell you something I ever became president, you are going to be on my board of Economic you might be the Secretary of the Treasury with with foresight like that.
Speaker 10: I'm serious that that is you've got to take ahead and absolutely what could mean that is my friends are all upset at Israel. Yeah hoo for what he They told him not to touch the l g or or the oil refinery. If they didn't touch the oil, but they destroyed the LNG.
Speaker 2: They're going to hit the oil to trust me on that, Jim. That's why, Tim, that's why I think your your decision is brilliant.
Speaker 10: They're not going to hit They could hit the oil, of course they could.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do everything they can to cripple around. I want you to know this, tim, as important as your oil price is. I guarantee you net Yah, who is not thinking about that. He's not saying he's and that's why you locked it in. So basically, you out, you outstrategize, net Yah. That's what's good about it. That's why I'm gonna think ahead.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: If you don't think ahead, you're you're gonna You're gonna be it's you're never gonna win. You gotta think ahead.
Speaker 10: There we no boots on the ground. Their army may be big, but it's not well trained like Israel, so they're not gonna be any of that. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, look, I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Fine, We're gonna be fine. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good look coming from a guy that has locked in his price. You said again, three point fifty nine is long, isn't that?
Speaker 10: It's it's going to cost me three hundred and seventy nine dollars to do that. But if we're well worth it, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, it's good move, good move, good move. To appreciate you call. Have a great night, buddy. I got to keep rolling here. Okay, Thanks you much, doctor. Soon let me go next to Robert Is in Roxbury. Robert want to get you in here before the break at the bottom of the hour. How are you Robert o?
Speaker 3: Lizzen I got a couple of questions.
Speaker 4: One thing is, do you realize these are the Holy War that the prediction in the Bible?
Speaker 2: Many people, I'm not a biblical scholar, but many people perceive that the Bible is somewhat predictive.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then these these are what you're talking about. We all know that the world started in that region of the world. We know that not from we know it from the Bible, but we also know it from all the scientists that had started there. It didn't start in the United States of America. And some have suggested that, yeah, are you a are you a bibe?
Speaker 4: I'm a penny concert, Okay, So yeah, I know that the world is coming to a close sooner or later.
Speaker 2: Well eventually. They say that the world could could continue to spend for five billion more years, or five million more years whatever. I think it's five maybe it's five billion, I'm not sure. But we don't have to worry about that. Can I just say one thing to you, Robin and I want to say.
Speaker 4: This before you doing, I got to answer one more questions that I wanted to ask. Whatever happened to Annie Ginsberg?
Speaker 2: I think Woo woo is broadcasting from heaven.
Speaker 4: Okay, what I was gonna rob it.
Speaker 2: What I was going to say was this, I am not a Bible guy. I'm Roman chaffling. Well, I understand that, and I understand that, but I want you to know I have a immense amount of respect for people like yourself who are about oh, are Biblically oriented. I just wanted to say that in complete sincerita.
Speaker 4: One day he's going to ask you, why didn't you listen to what I told you in the bank? In my words, what you know, You're gonna make an account for neglecting and not realizing that the Bible is the only thing that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Well, I understand, I do understand your perspective, but I got to tell you I probably got a lot to account for beyond not reading the Bible as well as I should. You know, the Bible was not the cathol Church doesn't emphasize the Bible, as I'm sure you know. And I happen to be born Roman Catholic. So if I had been born into your family or into any other family, I might have become, you know, very biblically oriented. But I do, I do understand it. I wish I understood it more.
Speaker 4: To be honest with you, let me ask you, isn't only just one God?
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: I agree with you no matter what you what label you put on you, So you can be a pentecopter, a presbytarian, Jehovah, whitness, Muslim, or all of that.
Speaker 9: God is not He's just God.
Speaker 2: I agree with you totally. And I think that I know that there's many religions, uh, and I'm not the most. I'm not a religious scholar either. I know a lot about comparative religions. I think I know more than most people. But there's only one person who created this little lord where we're walking on today, Robert in my opinion. Okay, so so we can agree on that. Hey, Robert, I enjoyed your call. Have you called me before? Is this your first time?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I called it before.
Speaker 2: Do me a favorite call more often? Okay? And I and I appreciate I appreciate your calling, and I appreciate your your Bible centric viewpoint. I think it's important that we hear that viewpoints mean that honestly.
Speaker 4: Thanks you have a blessed e mail and keep on talking because you're very smart man.
Speaker 2: Well I know about that, but I stand in awe of people who who understand the Bible. And I mean that honestly. I mean there's it's something I wish I knew more of. Thank you, Robert. I appreciate it very much. Never know I would not be opposed to that. Thank you, Robert, Thank you my friend. Yeah, have a great night, Good night, take a break. I got some open lines here. Come on, we're talking about We're talking war and peace. We're talking about the future of this presidency, the future of the world. That's what we're talking about tonight. Donald Trump. He's not talking about dropping a nuclear weapon, but he's talking about dropping a piece of ordnance that has never been utilized before, and he has to deal with that decision. It's nice to run for president. It's nice to have the White House as as your home base. It's nice to have people all around you. But there comes moments in time, and one of those moments of time is approaching for Donald Trump and I'd love to hear from some critics, people who don't like Donald Trump. What advice would you give him? The advice that I would give him is I hope he makes the right decision. Six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. A couple lines there and six one seven, nine three one ten thirty.
Speaker 1: Coming back on Nightside, night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio. Night Side Fine with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thanks very much. Back to the call. As we go, I'm gonna go to Patrick in Charles Town. Patrick always has an interesting perspective. Hey Patrick, how are you?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 11: Hey Jed, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. By the way, have you noticed women don't call on issues of war and peace? Which I don't understand Patrick.
Speaker 11: They're too busy celebrating the victory of Karen Reid.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no no no no, no, no no no. I wish they would, because I think that the female perspective is really important to this one. This is a huge I can't think of a bigger decision that President Trump is going to face.
Speaker 11: I think you meant it's huge. It's huge, But uh, that's Trump, right, So uh he did, is it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 11: Something like it just seems like over and over and over again, Israel dragged us into wars? Does it seem like that to you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: What other war has Israel dragged this? Whoa whoa whoa? What other war has Israel dragged us into?
Speaker 11: I definitely Iraq. Definitely Iraq. I mean we had we had the whole pearl and efforts ahead of time to encourage us. Oh, weapons of mass destruction is weapons of master druption. This is an existential threat. We need to take them out. Regime change, regime change, regime change. Yeah, that regime change worked out really well for us, and now they're calling out regime change in our rants. So they want us to take out the leadership there or replace him with the shara again.
Speaker 2: Well, the funny thing about it was when George Bush forty one was president, we had Iraq in Iran fighting each other, which was the best of all worlds, and somehow, some way we intruded into that melee, I mean that was perfect. Iraq in Iran were just destroying one another. That was the huge mistake that George Bush forty one made. I don't think the problem is Israel. Patrick, I think you know you and I look at Israel a little differently. What take Israel out of the equation for a second. Are you comfortable with Iran having and having a nuke and a delivery system?
Speaker 11: No, and I'm not I'm not happy with Israel habit it either. And as far as I'm concerned, they should return the nuclear physile material that they stole from Apollo from the United States Navy. Uh, they should return all of it, don't you agree.
Speaker 2: I don't know that they stole anything from the US Navy. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Speaker 11: That's Almon, right, So that's uh, that's New mac Apollo of Pennsylvania. So they got their nucle I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what you're talking you know, I have no idea. I have no idea what you're talking about. Mike. I'm kind of comeback. I want to come back to my question. Are you comfortable with Well, there's a difference between Israel. I believe has had a bomb. They don't say they have, but they've never used it. Iran is trying to get a bomb. I believe that that the theocrats in Iran would use it. Is what I'm saying, do you agree with that?
Speaker 12: You do?
Speaker 11: I doubt it. I doubt it because because it will mean it will mean assured destruction. So Israel will blow them off the face of the map if they do so.
Speaker 2: Oh now, okay, so you look, you look at the guys who are Do you think the guys who are the head of Iran are as rational the theocrats Patrick? They think that if that if they go up and smoke that that that they they're going to heaven and meeting seventy two virgins at the gate.
Speaker 11: I just think that's what people who want us to go to war are gonna tell us. They're gonna tell us just like weapons of mass destruction with Iraq. They want us to be stupid and fight the wars of a foreign country on that.
Speaker 2: I look, I understand, I understand your point, and I respect your opinion. I think this is just a little difference. By the way, I'm not convinced that Hussein didn't have weapons of mass destruction, uh and that those weapons of mass destruction were moved into Syria. But that's that's an argument for another night.
Speaker 11: But listen, I think that the thing Trump could do, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What what should he do. If you were there with him, tell me what you should he should do or not.
Speaker 11: What I would do is I would drag. I would I would reverse the power relationship with Israel, and I would drag them by the ear. I would show them who's boss. Yes, ISRAELI lobby, we're your boss. And I would tell I would tell them to come to the negotiating table right away. And then I would tell Iran to come to the negotiating table right away.
Speaker 9: I would not not.
Speaker 11: I would be like the three stooges. I would knock their skulls together like Moe did with Larry and Curly. And I would say, knock it off, the idiots, okay, And I would make I ran allow inspections immediately, and I would ask Israel to do the same. And I would ask for a demilitarizement UH denuclearized Middle East and assured by the United States. If if we're going to have an ally and backup, because you have no problem with us being allies with Israel, I just don't want to find another war. So if we're going to support Israel, we could say, hey, we'll have you back if that happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, enough, Look, I disagree. I think you watched too many Three Stooges store not enough. Well that's true too, I mean, yeah, no, I get it. Uh yeah. Many people don't realize how sophisticated the Three Stooges there were. There were levels there, and I'm sure you're at a deeper level than I.
Speaker 11: Anyway, I love them, I love I Just do you want another war?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 11: Do you want another war?
Speaker 2: That's what No, I don't know. I don't but I don't want Iran. I don't want a bunch of Muller's theocrats who are who believe that their faith is tied to the return of some uh someone, of their religious leaders who I don't understand. Uh No, I'm very worried about them having a nuclear weapon, just.
Speaker 11: As I would be worried.
Speaker 2: China and Russia understands mutual issue destruction. I get that. I get that, okay, But I don't think Iran understands that concept.
Speaker 11: To be honest, listen, I don't think most Israelis want another war either, man. I don't think they do. I don't think anybody wants another war. I think they just want to live. They want to be peace and live in peace.
Speaker 2: They think about how many rockets. Think about how many rockets have been rained down on Israel.
Speaker 11: In the last Israel first Israel hit, the first Israel hit. I ran first.
Speaker 2: Who said who said the uh? Who said? The people into Israel on October seventh. That's all sponsored by Iran.
Speaker 11: You know that although those are Palestinians who can't even feed their children.
Speaker 5: Man, and.
Speaker 2: I think we have yeah, I think we've covered the waterfront. Always great dear from you, that to one of my favorite.
Speaker 11: We will have peace. And I want peace for everybody that.
Speaker 2: You online and said, let's give piece a chance. I'm with you on that. Thanks, Thanks Patrick, good night, all right? I got Salin Los Angeles, I got Tim and Wooman. I got a couple of open lines. Here we're talking war and peace. We're talking nuclear annihilation. Come on, people, wake up. Six one seven, two thirty six one seven, nine, three, ten thirty. I so appreciate callers like Patrick who have a point of view. I also appreciate everyone was called in. This is not easy stuff we're talking about. And but I've throwed the gauntlet down. I hope you'll pick the gauntlet up. We're back on night side, right.
Speaker 1: After this, it's Night Side with Dan Ray. Hey, Damn Boston's News Radio. You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Youbzy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm looking at a couple of open lines six one, seven, four, ten, thirty. I have worked too hard tonight for those lines to still be open. Let me go to my friend Tim. Tim, Welcome, How are you, buddy, I'm.
Speaker 12: Good, thanks to taking my call.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 12: I think with this thing with Iran in Israel, right, we can't let Iran get a hold of a nuclear bomb. They're gonna shoot it right at Israel. I think Donald Trump he knows what he's doing and he's got guts, and also Benjamin nettanyw who does too. And I think Benjamin Nett and Yew who should maybe get no about peace buys and what he's done over he is anyhow, I don't I don't care what it takes. I ran, canot get a nuclear bomb?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my That is my view on it. I don't know that we have pressed every diplomatic button yet, but I think I believe that that your bottom line is that once I ran these people the government. I'm not talking about the people of Iran. I have friends of mine who are Iranian.
Speaker 12: Their government and other people.
Speaker 2: It's always the government. It's like it was Hitler in World War Two. And these people are, in my opinion, demonic, and they have assassinated political leaders around the world. I believe that there's some indication that they were looking to pop Trump. I'm not all that convinced that they weren't behind one or both of the assassination attempts on Trump's life. Last year, you had this kid in Pennsylvania, Butler, Pennsylvania. Where did he get all the where withal in the direction? Then you got the guy down in Florida. I wish a lot of that stuff would just come out, and I don't think it has come out, to be honest with you. Trump may know more about it than we do. He cannot personalize it. He has to do what is in the best interest of the country. I hope he does it what he believes is the best interest in the country.
Speaker 12: Can I say something? And it was always a goverment. Did you ever see the movie with Clint Eastwood and it was the Indians were after the Calary was after the Indians and and uh, they wouldn't talk to anyone in the cavalry, and Clint Eastwood comes up right and and talk to the chief, right, the Indian chief, and anyhow he uh, Eastwood says to uh, you know, the Indian guy says the government, and Eastwood goes like this, it's the government they always started. He says, it's the government.
Speaker 2: I think Eastwood, by the way, that that he ascribed to that philosophy on a personal basis. Hey, I gotta let you run. I got to get a couple more in here, buddy, Thanks so much. I know you're always out there, and uh, stay.
Speaker 12: Throughout yourn not I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Stay cool for the next few days. You got you.
Speaker 12: Gotta called you today on your number, right seventy thirty three, and then I left the message you got it.
Speaker 2: I haven't looked at my I spent a lot of time today prepping tonight's show and trying to make sure that my voice would hold out. And I'm almost at the end here, Jim, but we're still going strong. Thanks buddy, we'll talk soon. Thank you, Thank you much. Let me go to Sally in Los Angeles. Hey, Sal, welcome, Hello sir, how are you south. I think you've called before I believe, is that correct?
Speaker 13: I have I have when when Trump was running for president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I appreciate it. Freak great. Welcome back right ahead.
Speaker 13: So I've been watching Fox, have been watching Sky, have been watching BBC. Supposedly he's going to make a decision in two weeks. What does that mean? So the fleets are going to show up in the Persian Gulf?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think there's going to be a show, and I believe. I think there's one carrier group that that I heard yesterday was still in Virginia. So it's got a you They're going to make a show of strength. And I'm sure that Trump would love to get these guys to negotiate, but I don't see that happening. I really don't.
Speaker 13: And then they say he's not going to kill the MOLA, but I mean, I mean, that's the government in Iran right now.
Speaker 2: So what what he said on that, I think sal is that he said that we know exactly where they're hiding. They did wipe out some several nuclear scientists and also several military leaders. Yeah, they did, you know, So what would you tell them to do to.
Speaker 13: Drop a thirty thousand, thirty thousand solic it.
Speaker 2: Bomb yep, big one.
Speaker 13: Do you think do you think you would do it?
Speaker 2: I think when once you start to threaten, there comes a point in time when you're threatened, you almost have to do it, you know. I mean, I just think that I would hope that it doesn't come to that. But it won't just be one bunkerbuster, by the way, they will probably drop a series of bunker busters.
Speaker 13: But they're targeting, so it's not going to hurt civilians. It's going to target what they want to target.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're not dropped. They're not dropping a bunc robuster on the city of torn No, no, no, no, no, absolutely not. The facilities are in the mountains, en hardened mountains, deep underground, which is where Iran built them. And the only way they can get him is to drop ordinance of this size, as I understand it.
Speaker 13: Do you think people want to agree with that, to drop ordinance to to satisfy the fact that they're going to stop the nuclear threat.
Speaker 2: I think it. There'll be there'll be interesting sets of reactions in this country. We the only time that this country is united is when we are attacked on something like nine to eleven. It's it's that's show, you know. So, Sally, I want to sneak one more in here, do me a favorite call more often? You ask great questions. I know we've talked before. I saw your name and I wanted to make sure I got you okay, Thank you, Thank you, sir, welcome, Thanks for listening. Gonna wrap it up, Tom, you just called to give give you about a minute, Tom in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, thanks Jan. I have no problem I want I don't want any troops on the ground. I don't I don't want to be order this outing the Mediterranean. See you do what I mean. I just want them to drop four to six bucker busts and bombs on these targets and that's it. You ain't get out of there, and that's we'll sue what happens after that, and that's nobody. Nobody has to die, nobody, no killing. We'll see what Isiel is going to do them? All right, that's it, all.
Speaker 2: Right, you got in, You got it in late, but you got it in. Thanks, Thank you. Tom. Appreciate your callers always, whether we agree or disagree, Tom, I always appreciate your directness. Thank you, appreciate it all right, what do we look at a time here, buddy. Noah, Okay, you're going to wrap it up for the night. I'm not doing a postgame tonight for a couple of reasons, one of which is my throat has kind of given out on me. So I will see you tomorrow at eight o five and no postgame. So please get some sleep. I'm going to get some sleep. No a great job, great job tonight. All dogs, all cats, all pets going to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago in February, that's where all your pets are who were passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night. On nights side everyone, Uh, this was an interesting night, interesting conversations. To the callers who called, Thank you very much,