Speaker 1: I saw your wife man, She's ugly.
Speaker 2: Welcome back News Radio eight forty WHNS Tony and Dwight Show, brought to you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Robert Steivers, President of the Senate. Kentucky Senate will be with us Wednesday morning between nine am and ten am. The session is over by the time we get through tomorrow afternoon. Dwight, your wife and them will be overriding some vetos.
Speaker 1: From susan Is in Frankfurt. Now is today and tomorrow's the last two days of the session overriding vetos and then also passing bills. We were gonna go to Kid Rock, but I doubt that. I would imagine she'll be working as all the General Assembly will wins kid Rock tomorrow night. I bet she works until eleven fifty nine where they can hold him.
Speaker 2: Is that sold out?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. But I'll tell you what. Baronos the third Market. George has one last pair that he's going to be given away tomorrow before the show. So if you want to upgrade your seats, I go by a third market Baronolds, and it's a perfect place to warm up. So I we usually go to Kid rock together Susan and I, but says she's gonna frank for I think. I'm just I'm happy just stay at home, too, old dude, I've been doing too much stuff. You know, do you've been out went?
Speaker 2: We went to one of the Catholic people's thing the other day and we ran into another person that's in the in. It kind of makes me. We were leaving a little early, okay, we were doing the one two three Johnny and he said, I go, oh, you're steaking out too. He goes, this is my ninth event in seventeen days. He goes, I'm going home.
Speaker 1: We've had something every single weekend, mostly Friday and Saturday, since I got off the flu in February, where some dumb ass John I don't know if I told you this, but some inconsiderate dumb ass gave me the flu in February.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, from talking, you know, from spreading on the microphone.
Speaker 2: Here, see that.
Speaker 1: If I see him now who it was, we may never know.
Speaker 2: So I thought of you, I said, I thought of you, But I also watched the news to where I always say, if you wanted to go to an event every day? Three sixty five in lov you could. So over last weekend there was some really fancy events the one that you went to, yeah, and then there was another one that was a black tie event when they were ire acting like it was. The theme was Brick Bridgerton, Bridgerton, the TV show, the Netflix show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so it's Legerton. So they're going, could Morrow already?
Speaker 2: Now? Give me a yeast of them. But they some of them are so fair. Like I saw that the news guy had a shot of one of the flower arrangements. Yeah, like just sitting standing up. I was like, that's a that's a nine hundred dollars arrangement like whatever. I was like, some of these events cost a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh uh, Susan, I went to one of these high profile events last weekend and halfway through I looked at her and I said, hey, if a councilman Kevin and Bratcher says he'll give you right home, He's ride home with him. And she goes sure, and so I said, you're such a trooper for your So I did the Irish goodbye. No, I mean I was just gone, there he is, He's gone.
Speaker 2: Well, they need to do that for weddings and events like this. Hey, don't want to come to our event, Just donate one hundred dollars and you're good to go.
Speaker 1: I wish there was a buyout, If there were a buyout on weddings. I'm always fascinated how much people will pay for stuff that they don't need and overpay, And this one it's a body.
Speaker 2: You don't do any of that.
Speaker 1: I don't man unless sure, No, listen what my Rolling Stones jacket? No listen, now, hold on, my Rolling Stones jacket is fifty six out of five hundred.
Speaker 2: He makes fun of the nerds and all that, but he's just to say this is from the two thousand and one tour.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 2: This was the first half tour jacket. The second half of the tour jacket has a stripe.
Speaker 1: No, look at this tag. Okay, let me show you. Okay, see this tag. Yes, it's got fifty six slash five hundred. See that. Yes, that means that there's only five hundred of these in the world.
Speaker 3: How much if you sold that today would that be worth I'm not selling it, but if you did, I'm not gonna sell it.
Speaker 2: Five cents. No, it's not I think you have five cents.
Speaker 1: Listen, here's what our stock portfolio guy told us in our stock portfolio guy meeting.
Speaker 4: He said gold and silver. Those are good byes, silver and gold, silver and gold. He also said rolling stones, memorabilia.
Speaker 1: And he also said, what's not true?
Speaker 2: He did your financial portfolio stock's guy did not say he did rolling stones.
Speaker 1: He absolutely I want to tell a bad joke, don't I'm not gonna. Okay, all right, listen, this is a single bottle of bourbon, just shadded an auction wreck?
Speaker 2: Is this the pappy? I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it either.
Speaker 2: It don't get it.
Speaker 1: The Bottle of Questions of two thousand and seven. An old rip van Winkle. That's what it is. It's an old rip van Winkle. No, this was, Yeah, it's from the Van Winkle selection. This was. This bottle was created by blending together barrels which contained fifteen to twenty year old whiskies. What do you think it's sold for? Okay, wait, okay, so wait, all right, wait.
Speaker 2: What do they call that bottom barrel whiskey? What do they call So you're saying this that that that is a mixture of what's left over in the barrels of twenty different bourbons.
Speaker 1: No, not necessarily eat it again. Okay, they blended together a fifteen to twenty year old, so different blends. You had a fifteen year old and a twenty and you blended it. So it sounds like leftovers, who rot? So this was the leftover? I don't get it, so okay. So this particular bottle already was valued somewhere between thirty thousand dollars. They expect did it to go for fifty thousand dollars at tops? You wonder what it went for.
Speaker 2: So they thought it was going to go fifty thousand dollars for one bottle.
Speaker 1: That's what they thought. One hundred and fifty that was the high. One hundred and fifty went for one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. The previous record for a bottle of bourbon being seld at auction was one hundred and seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a sucker born every day.
Speaker 1: And speaking of which, here's another sucker. Neil Armstrong's Apollo eleven watch hit the auction block. Neil Armstrong, of course he was an astronaut, Yes he was. Is he the one that rode the buggy. Why is he so famous? He was in OROTC? How many times did he go to the moon once? Why is he's so famous? In all the other astronauts? And first was still other guys whatever. He didn't write the golf cart, did he?
Speaker 2: So him and Buzz Aldro and so Buzz's wife is bugging Buzz and going why does he get to go out first? Because that's what the wives do. The husband doesn't say, oh, yeah, it's she's he's at home, and the wives like, wait, okay, I'm i'm I cannot say something. My husband could be the first person to step on there. Why does he get to go out? So it was kind of a buggaboo. So there's three guys on that flight, Yeah, okay, yeah, Connor I think is Cooper O'Connor he's he's in the uh.
Speaker 1: So nor McDonald. Nor McDonald did a bit where there was one guy that had to stay back and he never got to walk on the moon or hit the golf ball. And he's looking out that little porthole and the watching him drive the dune buggy and hit the nine R and all this, and he said, what do you think it was like when they come back. They came back in and went now he well know that great? It was just so play it down.
Speaker 2: So buzz Aldron has to go back to Nasty and he goes, look, man, you know I gotta ask why is it? Why is it him? And ummy? And the guy that runs NASA said, he's closest to the hatch. You'd have to climb over the top of him to get out of the hatch.
Speaker 1: Who cares you still.
Speaker 2: Going to be the first? Plus it's a cool name too, Neil Armstrong. It's a cool name.
Speaker 1: Well so it's Buzz.
Speaker 2: It's it's an amazing it's an amazing feat.
Speaker 1: But why are those two so famous and all the rest of us?
Speaker 2: Because it's a way America is. It's the way people are. The first thing that happens, we remember, and then we lose interests.
Speaker 1: You know how I think about Neil Armstrong? What there? I said it? Man, I said it.
Speaker 2: You heard me right, And anybody that says we didn't go, I'll just punch you right in the face.
Speaker 1: It was faked.
Speaker 2: It was come here, dumb ass, say it again.
Speaker 3: Imagine if the dude driving the ship just said, you know what happens if I leave these guys.
Speaker 1: Uh when it comes to space travel, I guess Neil Armstrong is the name. Now. One space fanatic with deep pockets owns a piece of Neil Armstrong history. It was an Omega Speedmaster Pro watch that celebrated the apollo of a mission that was fisically worn by Armstrong. The watch is eighteen kart gold and was presented to Armstrong in nineteen sixty nine. The auction ends on April seventeenth. Current bid on this what do you think? The current bid is five grand? John all of six grand? Wait a minute, I wouldn't know where to begin bidding on me before I give the prize. Some just resonated. Yeah, doesn't his name sounds like a astronaut, John Alden? It doesn't.
Speaker 3: Was Aldrin, John John Alden.
Speaker 2: John Alden. That sounds like an astronaut. Well you're certain you got the ass part, Dalden.
Speaker 1: That's right, you got the ass part. We just need to find you astronaut. Yeah. Wait, so okay, here's what it went for. Two hundred and forty two thousand dollars. I can see that, really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first guy on the moon.
Speaker 1: Come around like on my Neil Armstrong watch.
Speaker 2: It was on his wrist as he steps onto the Moon for the first time ever, the first steps of a human on the Moon. I had no business being there in nineteen sixty nine. They just decided to go, and a whole lot of people risked everything to get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they risked it in a Hollywood studio.
Speaker 2: Dude, I don't even try.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I swear, what would be the benefit of faking it?
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: That's my wife. She does it every night.
Speaker 2: All you got to do is point a telescope to the damn moon and look at it. There's the limb. She don't right there.
Speaker 1: She doesn't even try anymore. She's yeah, that's good, right there. Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's a badass story because he only had six seconds of gas left and he didn't like where the landing zone was, so he flipped off the computer and he flew. He turned off the computer, and then he flew over the crater and landed on the other side.
Speaker 1: Sounds to me like a guy that doesn't like to follow orders.
Speaker 3: He said, where's my rolling stone?
Speaker 2: Checking from the original does not have a stripe on it.
Speaker 1: I'm behind that. You don't understand that one fire.
Speaker 2: Somebody brought Dwight a giant rolling Stone's.
Speaker 1: Lego and lips. Yeah, go and it's awesome. It hangs in my basement. Uh. I'm all about this, and I hope they do it here in Kentucky as well. The San Diego City Council has passed a law that bans completely bans digital coupons and grocery pricing. What have you ever gone to, like ban that because.
Speaker 3: It's holding up the line?
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, it's easier, No, it's not either. Look I'm talking about when you gotta download an app and then you gotta scan this and you gotta scanned, it's a pain in the ass. And by the way, it's deceptive, like I'll see, Uh.
Speaker 2: Hey, Johnny Carson, you're telling me that it's easier to clip out all of the take a pair of scissors out and clip out newspaper coupon.
Speaker 1: That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if you walk by and you see the price on I don't know, pork ribs and it says dollar ninety out a pound, he said, well okay with let me get this, and you get up there and they go, oh no, no, no, and the super refined prints are on there. It said, with digital coupon, make through with digital coupon really big. Well, because there's too much of a pain in the ass for me, and it never works.
Speaker 2: You don't like the digital you don't like digital anything.
Speaker 1: I don't, man, because if it works properly, but they roll out this crap, it doesn't work. Uh. San Diego City Council passed a law that bans them completely. They call it grocery they call it Grocery Pricing Transparency Ordinance of the new policy seeks to give San Diegans. Is that right, san Diego in San Diego? And San Diego says San Diego's I think it's Diagan.
Speaker 2: See it's San Diegan's.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, oh, that's what it says, San Diego. I'm gonna change it. It gives the San Diego heightes uh, the same access to grocery store coupons. The new law goes into operations soon.
Speaker 2: Grocery store coupons.
Speaker 1: What's stupid? Man?
Speaker 2: You never use a coupon in your life?
Speaker 1: No, I guess I haven't. No, No, yes, I haven't. No, you don't need and some people are good at it.
Speaker 2: I've I've been behind some people that are like, they save twelve thirteen dollars, it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, didn't make okay, you know what to do this? What make a coupon line? No, and all you join, all you jerks could hold your phone up and go is it? What do you say? Does that sound like Tony? Did that sound like Tony? Let's get it.
Speaker 2: Get into Dwight's mind. He's in line at Kroger and hates someone because they have a coupon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they bull and go and you can hear it.
Speaker 2: It's under his breath and goes, look at this.
Speaker 1: No, it's not my brother, look at this. Wait a minute. This gives me five cents off rice Aeroni. And then they'll say, oh wait a minuit who whoa who woah. They'll go back retroactively, and the poor lady all she wants to do is ring up groceries and go home to her cat.
Speaker 2: I do get mad at some people that order too much in the drive through.
Speaker 1: Cat's named Skittles.
Speaker 2: Oh I love skittles. Yeah, I hate it when they go, well, you could tell they're ordering way too much because they got a layer, just like what the hell? Yeah, they got a list?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're ordering for the office.
Speaker 2: Why is there eight bags of food coming out of McDonald's window. Come on, man, go in the store.
Speaker 1: Speaking of windows, drive through windows, Pellow Windows, Good Segway, Pello Windows and Doors Baby, Oh my gosh, beautiful windows and doors with Pella and not just made it in the USA. Oh oh, contrare bondjor made right here in Kentucky. That's what I'm talking about. You want to play your music video louder though, sorry, I'll try. You can't hear it.
Speaker 2: I can turn it up.
Speaker 1: Listen, Pello Windows and Doors House. Those energy you bills are they pretty high in the summer, They're pretty high in the winter. Could be? Possibly? Is more than likely? Is your windows? Go by the showroom and see these beautiful doors and windows yourself. Twelve nine to ten Factory Lane. It's over Gene Snyder on the grange. Did you know that Pella Windows has been making products for over one hundred years all in America. That's why they're rated number one in highest quality, number one in highest craftsmanship, number one in highest value. But listen to this. You can Pella now and pay later. Visit Pella Loouisville dot com and make your life brighter today, stick around more on the Way, News Radio eight forty whas. I'm gonna say Genesis instead of Phil calls it is okay from nineteen ninety two. Like really now it's hard to get if it's a Genesis, or at least for me. Phil Collins, News Radio eight forty whas, Welcome to Thursday, baby, how about that. Lots of stuff going on this weekend, kid rock tomorrow. Also, it's an opening day, opening day for the Bats. That means six dollars number one the Keela Margarite is out at Slugger Field. Also you take it like I do. I just take my number one Raposotle neat or on the rocks, get it that way. But opening day tomorrow, Plus, I think that there's gonna be a future fighting Mma fight Philip Perkins come in, he'll be our guests tomorrow and find out what about what's going over there Tony's break in alignment. You're gonna love Tony's breaking alignment. Listen, this is big. It's a place that you could trust when it comes to maintenance or preventive maintenance on your vehicle. Folks. That's huge. Uh, not only do is it that can you trust them, But they get it right the first time. It's family owned and operated, and that's a big deal because family owned and operated businesses, they just care more about their product, They care more about their brand, about that name on the front of the building. So with Tony's Breaking Alignment, you don't just a warranty. Oh no, you get a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty. And that's on every single job that they do. They got the best technicians and the best diagnostic equipment that money can buy. Folks, put your might arrest, go Louisville's best. And that's my friends at Tony's break in Alignment. Mandy Connell joined the show this morning at nine thirty five. She was talking about the differences and the similarities that go on between Colorado and Louisville. So we're going to replay that at the bottom of the hour after news and I think we're out. Are we out of time?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: We can be out of time. We had about minute and a half.
Speaker 1: About a minute and a half.
Speaker 3: If you're out of gas, we can just pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you some uncomfortable questions in the next minute.
Speaker 3: Now, dude, get us to twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Do you ever look at me longingly and think, man, I would like to see that man? Never mind, Tony's here. It's awkward.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you some awkward questions when Tony walks in and kind of killed the moon. Anyway, you guys talking about nothing, No, Mandy Connell at eleven thirty five, Yeah, that was all I was saying. Similarities between you, sure so, yeah, similarities and differences between Luis.
Speaker 2: You don't want to talk about rolling Stone merchandise.
Speaker 1: Uh No, I want to talk about how you look exactly like you did in that video that we posted yesterday from nineteen ninety four. Oh thanks, buddy, if you just added wrinkles and bloating.
Speaker 2: Do you hear what he said to me yesterday?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 3: What did he say to you yesterday?
Speaker 2: He said, dude, you look great in that video. You're so good looking. And I was like, you think, he goes, and now you look like that guy if he's been floating in a pond for three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked like the dead body we found when we were thirteen. That's where I knew. All right, that does it for us. We're out the door. Joins tomorrow. Philip Perkins with Future Fighters is going to join the show Sweet much more until then, I love you, ma,