Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. What do you think the punishment should be here? And what do you think is really going on here? I guarantee you don't see this story coming. Castle Rock school bus driver accused of abandoning forty elementary students miles from home. Brian, you have not been moonlighting or anything here. Oh no, no, no, I'm just asking. I'm just gathering facts. I'm in the fact gathering stage here. Or Kelly, you're not doing a little bus driving out in Castle Rock. Okay. So here's the Denver Post story. A Castle Rock school bus driver abandoned forty elementary schoolers Monday evening at a random intersection miles away from their homes. Parents and school officials said. Parents told nine News that the driver, who they claim was a substitute for the route that day, forced their Clear Sky Elementary School students off the bus near a cemetery at East Wolfsenberger Road and Auburn Drive Douglas County School officials would not confirm if the driver was a substitute, and a video posted by nine news. Students said the trouble started before they even left the parking lot. One girl said the bus driver refused to move until they all stopped talking. Come on, these are elementary school kids. You're never gonna move, which caused them to leave the school later than they normally would. Now, there's got to be video of this, right, all these buses have video. You could probably you know, pay for the remodeling of every school by selling the cable rights to that video. Multiple parents also said their children reported the driver threatening them and using vulgar language. According to Fox thirty one quote, we felt like when he was driving and missing our stops, like we were getting kidnapped. Caitlin Zavadil, a ten year old student. A Clearsky, told nine News the bus driver eventually stopped around five pm, about two miles from the school on the corner of Wolsenberger and Ubburn, and forced all forty kids out of the bus. Students said many of the children are miles from their home and had no way to contact their parents. As temperatures dropped, and it was cold out there. While some parents arrived quickly at the intersection to rescue their kids, other students were picked up by strangers desperate for a ride home. Parents told both television stations. Now a quote from the school district, quote, we are in contact with the families of the forty students who were Get this language right. You just wonder how many people gathered around a table with how many lawyers to write this team and for the Douglas County School District quote, we are in contact with the families of the forty students who were dropped off at a different area than the regular bus stop after school. Now, come on, now, come on, man dropped off at a different area than the regular bus stop. No, from what the kids say. The one said it she felt like she was being kidnapped. This isn't dropped off at a different area other than the regular bus stop. Wait a second school district, your regular bus stop, that's where you're supposed to get off, and then you voluntarily get off because Rover's there and your mom's there and you can't wait to get home. They were dropped off, They were forced off the bus out in the middle of nowhere. So I'd love to meet whoever at the school district put this statement together anyway, because I'm to say this is incredibly concerning. Is the safety of our students has always our priority. All I would suggest is, if that's the case, then don't insult everybody's intelligence by saying, oh, they were dropped off at a different area than their regular bus stop. That implies that, oh, they were dropped off down the block so they could see all their friends on the walk home. The post story goes on to say school district officials say they're working with the Castle Rock Police Department and the bus drivers currently on leave. Oh wow. Really, while they conduct any internal investigation, it's not clear if criminal charges will be filed. Wow. Well, I will bet you my golf clubs, every Tomahawk, Ryean Owes me and a whole lot more that we not only see criminal charges filed, we see a boatload of criminal charges filed. Now, I do catastrophic injury work. I don't do criminal defense, but I and I'm not a criminal prosecutor. But I would bet you we see a whole slew of child abuse charges, maybe kidnapping charges. I don't know about the facts here, but that one kid said she felt like they were being kidnapped. Yeah, So anyway, what what do you think should happen to this guy or gal? And what do you think is really going on here? Eighty five for zero five A two five five the number. But yeah, dropped off at a location, dropped off at a different area than the regular bus stop after school. Wow? Confidence inspiring right eight f five for zero five A two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. One of my favorite headlines of the year from the Denver Gazette, Colorado to pay one point five million in same sex wedding website case. Yeah. See, anti Christian bigotry is expensive, Governor, It's expensive, Phil It's expensive all you lefties who are part of this open hostility to Christianity in Colorado. And it's it's everybody, as far as I can tell, everybody in power in that Democratic Party, regardless of shape, size, race, gender, religion. This appears to be just a foundational thing with the leadership of the Democratic Party in Colorado, to the point where you have Justice Kennedy commenting on it when Jack Phillips won his case. Just this open aggression toward Christianity in this case, Colorado would write the check. And I don't think it's coming out of police's pocket. I bet it's coming out of our pocket to Laurie Smith for her attorneys. And you know Laurie, she's been on this show before. Laurie Smith, who feared she would run a foul of Colorado's Anti Discrimination Act if she refused to create websites for same sex weddings through a graphic design company, Three zero three Creative, sued the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the state's attorney general. The case made it all the way to the US Supreme Court, which ruled last year in favor of Smith, concluding that Colorado sort took quote force an individual to speak in ways that align with its views, but defy her conscience about a matter of major significance, therefore violating her First Amendment rights. So yeah, Colorado had to write a check for those attorney fees. And not that I think that's going to discourage the Left in Colorado, because, let's face it, I mean, their whole existence it. Think about this for a second, the entire existence of the left in Colorado, whether you're talking about polist Johnston Weiser, Bennett hick and looprenium. I don't even mention Griswold because I think she's becoming largely irrelevant, except to the extent that she's being protected by what I perceived as a major cover up. Anyway, the entire existence of the left in Colorado depends upon a large majority of Colorado's Ryan voting against their own faith. Think about it. Literally, You've got a strong majority of Colorado's who have to set aside their faith in order to vote for these lefties. So that is in part why the left is so openly hostile and aggressive toward Christians. That's why Jared Paulus, the day after his elected governor, comes out and says, forgot to mention it during the campaign, but you really need to leave your faith outside the public square, because the left knows if you vote your faith. And I don't mean Catholics voting for Catholics. I mean, as I've called them out on air, for some of the absolute worst offenders out there are elected Democrats who claim to be Catholics. No, I'm not talking about Catholics voting for Catholics. I'm talking about people voting consistent with their faith, their morals, their core beliefs and voting for someone who will reflect those in office, and the left test. That's why the left test to get people to set their faith aside for the left to get votes, because once the left takes office, in many, many different cases, they're doing the exact opposite of what the faith of most people calls for. So yeah, so yeah, anti Christian bigotry is expensive, and the lefties in Colorado happy to pay that price with your money. Eight five five for zero five eight two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got a lot going on, but I really want to get your take on this. It is fortunately so unique. Good Denver post story. Castle Rock school bus driver accused of abandoning forty elementary students miles from home. I gave you the details to start the show. Wants your take on What do you think is going on here? What do you think cost this? I mean, literally, these are elementary school kids. It's cold for to them all off the bus two miles from school. Of course, the bureaucrats at the school district chose to portray it this way. The forty students were dropped off at a different area than their regular bus stop. You could say that Texter says Dan Boss metal breakdown slash illness. Yeah, it'll be very interesting to see, you know, you would think so, right, which goes to another issue, and listen, I understand lots of things can cause psychotic breaks before drug use, besides drug use. I have no idea who this driver is or whether or not he or she was on drugs. What I do know is we see all sorts of horrific stuff happening in Colorado because of psychotic breaks caused by people using high potency marijuana. So when people say, oh, well wait a set you know, marijuana, it just gets you high, it mellows you out. Nobody gets intoxicated enough to do ABC or D, they're not understanding the science that this science with this high potency pot is that, yeah, you know, just intoxication causes all sorts of death and misery and crashes and awfulness. But it's the psychotic breaks that's different than an intoxication. The psychotic breaks that get triggered that then cause this otherwise very happy family, the husband to take out a gun and shoot the wife in the head in front of the young children. You know, a real case from Colorado, the Observatory Park case, for example. So yeah, I don't know what went on in this example, but the textures speculation of some kind of mental breakdown illness would seemed to make sense. Dan, This bus driver had to be mentally ill. The story is incomprehensible, says a Texter boy in it. I think it's more than that, my friend. I think you're looking at a ton of criminal charges, starting with probably forty counts of child abuse. Do you get kidnapping charges thrown in there? We'd call George Brockler, but we can't because George is just won the election. He's going to be sworn in as DA there in mid January, so he would have a con flicked on that.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is one of the texts of the year. The White House called and they would like their bus driver back. Boy, I love our listeners, Dan, Why didn't anyone call the police to go and wait with the kids, take them home or call their parents? Good question, because according to the post story, some of the kids ended up getting picked up by strangers because they're standing out there freezing. Uh, all right, so live long enough you'll see everything. But one of these days it's going to dawn on us as a people in Colorado. And I'm not saying marijuana had anything to do with this, but we need to get to the bottom of that, right. But the problem is that way were set up in Colorado, and I think it's intentional. You've got all this ugly, crazy, bloody, gory, terrible stuff happening caused by marijuana that really isn't documented or there's no central repository of such facts so that the people as a whole could take out the old scale and okay, legalized marijuana. Is it worth it or not? Because I have no doubt if people could see all the harms I gathered in one place that say, no, no, way it's worth it. How about Matt Gates a couple of things. There much more talk now about that taking a recess appointment in order to get Gates confirmed with some doubts out there that'll be able to get enough senators. And the other related issue do you think there should be a recess appointment? But the other related issue is should the House Ethics report be released? Because as you know, there was an ethics report underway after DOJ declined to charge any crime, and then Gates resigned just a short time before the ethics report was going to be released. Resigned in order to become Donald Trump's ag nominee. So my quick take on this, but I'm really anxious to get yours because I don't have a good sense right now of kind of where the electorate is at on this. My guess would be the electorate saying, give me a break. We elected Trump, we trust Trump, we want Trump to have his people, give them a chance, which is exactly where I'm at. Unless there's proof that Gates is guilty of this terrible crime, then even though he wouldn't have been my choice, I think Trump should have him. Trump should get him, and if it takes a recess appointment, so be it. And I understand why a lot of people I respect say, no, wait a second. You know, founders put this business of Senate confirmation in place for a reason. And I get that argument. It's a darn good argument that the problem we have is that there have been a bunch of recess appointments by a bunch of different presidents, Republican Democrat. So after all Trump's been through and the voter's speaking loudly and clearly. They want to give him another shot. They liked what they saw the first time around. I think he's got to have his folks again, even though it wouldn't have been my choice. So yeah, unless there's proof, I mean proof that Gates committed this crime and the allegation, because right now you've got the lawyer for woman who was alleged at least seventeen at the time, claiming that Gates had sex with their paid for sex, et cetera, et cetera. Apparently DOJ didn't put much stock in this witness, I'm guessing because DODJ didn't charge in DJ obviously now to fan of Gates, and when I say DOJ, I'm talking about the Biden administration, which obviously politicized, you know, the enforcement of the law. So unless there's actual proof that he's guilty, then I think Trump's entitled to get his people and then see what Trump and his team can do. It did a darn good job the first time around.
Speaker 3: And do all these congress members, both House and Senate one us kind of opening up that can of worms dan as to what they might have hidden in their personal lives. Non disclosure agreements, hush money payments, et cetera.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the report, the House report. My guess is they don't. But where I come down on that, because where I come down clearly is Trump should have his people unless there's proof. I'm talking about very high level of proof that Gates is guilty of this crime, which he has not been charged with. Innocent until proven guilty, Trump should have his people. With that, said my friend Ryan, I think that report should be released. I think the report should be released and let the chips fall where they may. Obviously, Gates's position is that's a false allegation. It's pretty clear from what's out there in the reporting right now that you do have one or more women, young women, claiming that Gates did this. But it's also clear that law enforcement chose not to charge. But why shouldn't we just get the information on the table. All these people work for us, right, Congress works for us, The House Ethics Committee works for us. Apparently the report was just about Dawn other than some spell checking type of stuff. If that's true, why shouldn't it be released.
Speaker 2: Let's see all of it done, not just Gates.
Speaker 1: I'm with you all of it. Yeah, they all work for us. Now listen, I can understand if there's an investigation, there's an internal investigation that concludes, wait a second, this is just a false allegation. Somebody's just trying to take this gal or this guy down. No, that stuff shouldn't be released because anybody can make a false allegation, and you shouldn't be tarnishing anybody. I don't care if it's the janitor in a school, if it's a school principal, if it's a congressman. If it's been determined to be a false allegation, then yeah, that in my mind, should not be released. That would be very unfair to the person that false accuser set out to harm. But if it has not been determined to be a false allegation, then yeah, I think the public should be able to see it. My guess is there is not proof in there that Matt Gates did or else he'd be criminally prosecuted. And if there's not proof he committed a crime, I think Trump should get his people, including Gates. But what do you think about all that eight five five for zero five eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine When we come back. We're going to hear the statement Lake and Riley's stepfather read to the court. All these lefties in office should be required to listen to this.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Sonny host in on the few.
Speaker 4: How could you nominate someone with allegations of child trafficking across the or trafficking across state lines and having sex with a seventeen year old my understanding. Further on in the interview, they discussed the fact that once he finds out that she's seventeen, he stops having sex with her.
Speaker 1: Then Sonny Hosten a short time later.
Speaker 4: Sonny, you have illegal I do have a legal No, thank you, Wippy. Matt Gates has long denied all allegations, calling the claims quote invented and saying in a statement to ABC News that this false smear following a three year criminal investigation should be viewed with great skepticism. That DOJ investigation was closed with no charges being brought.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back, Yeah, didn't do that with the same gusto. Ditchy, just didn't sound the same. Texter nails it. Dan. They also said they had a witness for Brett Kavanaugh. See, that's the thing, and I've said it a long time ago. First of all, let's start with Gates. Okay, wouldn't have been my nomination, but innocent until proven guilty. And come on, anybody with the brain Biden administration hates this guy. Do you really think that that DOJ after an investigation is going to pass on a prosecution if they believe they have any chance to convict him. Doesn't that say a lot in addition to presumed innocent. So yeah, but here's the thing, it's one of them, many many ways we've documented on the show where the left is blatantly anti woman because there are a lot, unfortunately, of real sex assaults out there. But every time the left makes a false claim of sex assault in order to try to bring down a political opponent, you know, whether it's Brett Kavanaugh or somebody else, what the left does is it hurts the women who are victims of true sex assaults. Brett, Brett Kavanaugh didn't sexually assault anybody. This was a political assassination attempt of Brett Kavanaugh in that committee hearing. And so this is what the left does. So it's another way they hurt women because how is anybody supposed to take any of these sex assault allegations seriously or give them credibility when so often the left just lies to try to take down political opponents. And in the Gates case, where Biden's DOJ didn't prosecute, yeah, how do you do it anything other than presume him innocent. Now at the same time, hey, if there are facts, like actual, real facts, somebody can produce to show he's guilty of that crime, then he shouldn't be ag But I'm I'm guessing nobody's going to be producing those facts or he would have been criminally charged. Is there a flaw in that logic, Young Ryan.
Speaker 3: No, because they went after Trump with far less, oh my lord, fabricating that and they saw how that worked out for them. So they must have really had nothing on Gates from a materialistic evidentiary standpoint to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt. A lot of this is conjecture, and maybe something happened, but the truth lies between maybe the two points of Gates's version of the events. Young lady who knows and I don't know that the House again wants to open up this can of worms.
Speaker 1: I really don't well again if you just joined to thank you. In terms of the House Ethics Committee report, where I come down on that is, listen, if if any ethics body is investigating a complaint and has determined that it's unsubstantiated, I don't think that report should be released because then you're just hurting an innocent person being the accused, because false accusations are are a horrific form of violence. And yeah, if an allegation has not been substantiated, then then the target of that investigation should not be harmed by the release of that report. So I think it comes down to the nature of the report. But listen, if you've got and I'm not saying this is a case of Gates. I don't know what's in that report. But if you've got a House Ethics Investigation Committee report, you know, that concludes that that certain charges are supported, then yeah, that that kind of report I think should be released. Does that mean that if such a report was released in the House Committee concluded that Gates did it, that he really did it. Not necessarily, you'd have to see what's in the report. I just keep coming back to the man was criminally investigated by an administration that hates him and they didn't charge him. To me, that just says a lot. And again I'm not a big Matt Gates fan. Funny thing is, Ryan, I'm starting to think that if he does take over his age, I might end up really liking him as ag after a while. But I think We're going to get the chance to find out because Donald Trump's a fighter. Thank god he fought for Brett Kavanaugh. I think any other president in our lifetime, Republican or Democrat, would have abandoned Brett Kavanaugh. That would have been a gross injustice to Brett Kavanaugh. It would have set the precedent that proof doesn't matter anymore. It's just how loud the howling is and how hot the political pressure is. So Donald Trump did a great service to a very good man in Brett Kavanaugh and to this nation by sticking with the Kavanaugh nomination. You really think he's going to abandon Gates. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: How many Biden nominees were voted down for his cabinet and how well performed It's.
Speaker 1: Been an atrocious disaster.
Speaker 3: At Mayorcis blinked and Grand Holme, Buddha Jedge go down the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have no room to talk here, no none at all. And that reminds me of a tweet that George Brockler had sent out. You know how often has Phil Wiser sued the Biden administration? Right? Yeah, I'm guessing that's kind of a goose egg, Texter Dan, I am completely against Gates being nominated as AG. I understand what you and so many other very smart people are saying, but this guy is slimy and the optics are terrible. He's not even mentioning eyebrows, especially as being nominated AG. He's unqualified and he has baggage. There must be someone who has Trumps back with proper qualifications. DK and Broomfield listen, I get it. I get it, man. I've never been a Gates fan. I don't like the way that that he I thought, very selfishly undermine the GOP and Congress, hurt the national interest by doing so, all part to this personal vendetta with Kevin McCarthy. I didn't like that one a little bit. Didn't like his act with some stuff he did on the convention floor. I've not been a Gates fan, but I am a fan of the many good things Trump has done. And he risked his life to win the presidency. He fought hard, he won, he saved the nation again by doing it. I think he should get his people unless there's proof that Gates is guilty of that crime. And I think Trump knows better who he needs to carry out his vision, including his vision for Department of Justice. And I don't know if it would be my vision. I honestly don't know, because I don't know what his vision for DJ is. But I know this, the American people elected him and said we trust him, and so I think he should get that shot. I think he is going to get that shot. I think he'll use a recess appointment if he has to. And I don't think there's going to be proof Gates committed that crime or else DJ would have charged him. And then, as I just said to Ryan and DK is an excellent text through out of Broomfield. As I just said to Ryan, I am really starting to think that Gates will prove me wrong, and that, you know, six months or a year into his tenure, I'm going to say, you know, I really like what he's doing. His ag just a gut feeling I have. And for those who think the guy some kind of stooge. I gotta tell you, I've been watching more video on him now that he's been nominated. I've seen him do an awful lot of really impressive things, showing tremendous intelligence, quick thinking, etc. In some of these committee hearings. So I think it's very clear that he's a very smart guy. That's not the end of the equation, right, but a very smart guy. And the only thing I'd want to mention again, not to be redundant, but I think it's so important we remember that because of the Dems unleashing these demons, and they truly are demons. They threaten the existence of the country, these demons of lawfare, abusing the legal system to jail political opponent they can't beat at the polls. Hey, every Republican president from now on is going to have to set aside the normal AG pick, which would normally be somebody with this credential and that credential in that history and that history, and is going to have to err on the side of loyalty first, because the AG is the one position that can kill that president week one. And now that this precedent has been said of this law fair first priority for every Republican president is going to be loyalty. Blame the Democrats for that. Hey, when we come back, a warning. Okay, I'm going to place something. I really hope you're here. Obviously we want to keep our listeners. But in fairness to you and any kids in the car, I'm going to play the sound of Lake and Riley's stepfather reading from her journal in court today at the sentencing of her murder, who was led into this country by Biden and Harris. And it's a letter to her future husband. It's incredibly moving and powerful, and so you may not want young children to hear it. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, prayers for a friend Alexa, who fills in on this show and when Kelly's out and mentioned the other day that she had suffered a bad fall and it has it has taken a very concerning turn, and so Bob, lots of prayers for Alexa, like right now, would be very helpful. Eight five five for zero five excuse me, not a motion, that's peanut butter. Eight five for zero five eight two five five The number techst d A N five seven seven three nine kind of play some sound now, I warned before the break, if you have young kids in the car, just be too upsetting. This is the father of Lake and Riley, who was brutally murdered by that illegal immigrant that Biden Harris led into the country and then paid to fly around the country. And so this is at the sentence seeing today her dad reading a journal entry that Lake and Riley had made shortly before her death, a letter to her future husband. And I heard in the opening.
Speaker 5: Statements from the defense that the loss of a life that was apparently full of promise is tragic. I'm here today to let your honor in the entire world know that Lincoln's life was not apparently full of promise, but instead was abundantly an exceptionally full of promise, and was a shining beacon in the life of everyone that knew her, that ever came in contact with her. I'm so proud of Lincoln and the beautiful person she was, and well I could stand here and try to tell the world the things that made her such a wonderful person, as well as in many things we have all been and deprived of. I think one of her last journal entry he's dated twelve seventeen twenty three.
Speaker 1: Says it best. So here we go, can my future husband.
Speaker 5: As silly as I feel writing this, my old small group leader once recommended it.
Speaker 2: So here I.
Speaker 5: Am to my future husband, I want you to know that I'm thinking about you.
Speaker 1: And I'm working.
Speaker 5: Every day to become the best wife I can be, working through my current relationships, the best prepared me for I wurs and our kids. One day, I'm focusing on God and what he defines is that faithful Christian life, and so that I can best embody those characteristics. I pray that you know that is with my full faith and trust in God, that I know this relationship has.
Speaker 1: Been handcrafted by Him.
Speaker 5: I pray that we continue to glorify the Lord, prioritize Him in every aspect of our lives, and raise our family our future family, to be God fearing Christians as well. I pray God is the center of our relationship it as it is a gift from Him. I thank Him for you before I even know you, and can't wait to love you in the.
Speaker 1: Best way I know how for the rest of our lives.
Speaker 5: I pray you know and feel the importance of my love and hopes for our relationship. No matter what challenges we face, I pray that our trust in God and love from one another overrules the obstacle. May our relationship last forever your future wife, Na could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you want to say that every one of these elected Democrats who decides and they decided to allow a lot of unvetted people into the country needs to hear this because they need to know. They need to know the horror they cause. You want to say that, right, But the truth is they knew it before they did it. They knew it before they did it. Whether it's Biden, Harris, Polis, Hick and Looper, Bennett Johnston, any of these people who support open borders, they know before hell is unleashed on the innocent that it's going to happen. They know it is. You can't try any other conclusion. You make that decision to allow hundreds of thousands, millions of people to come in unvetted through the border. You know, ultimate nightmares like this are going to happen in large numbers. And what all these power brokers and officeholders on the left have decided in advance was that's okay with them. That Lake and Riley is an acceptable casualty to them. It's acceptable to them that fathers like Lake and Riley's father and mother and sister and brother fiance should be living this hell on earth right now. That is an acceptable price to pay in the minds of the powers on the left, acceptable price for what the left wants, which is lots and lots of new voters. That's the reality. That's the reality. And then the Founders have given us this gift of this ability to peacefully go to the polls and vote these people out of office, and it's on us if we don't, because we know who they are. And this is just a reminder of that. This isn't like new evidence that's going to cause them to see the error of their ways. And they knew this was coming. They didn't know the names of the victims, and they don't know the names of the victims. There will be tonight and tomorrow and the next day. But they knew this was going to happen, and lots of it was going to happen, and they decided, they decided to make it happen. They didn't want Lake and Riley killed, but they knew lots of Lake and Riley's would be if they opened up that border and didn't vet, and they were willing to pay that price with other people's lives. Here on The Dame Kapla Show,