Speaker 1: And now to return to the Tower of London doctor watching.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was one glorious afternoon in early June. The late afternoon sunshine cast a globe of gold on Tower Green, so the righting us loomed the great original keeper William the Conqueror called the White Tower.
Speaker 1: So I've seen pictures of it. Part Fortress Park, Dungeon.
Speaker 2: To the left was Beacham Tower, and the directly ahead was the little Chapel of Saint Peter Poems was enjoying one of his favorite forms of relaxation, feeding raw beef to the ravens who still inhabit that spot, the same spot where once stood the scapel of which was poured out the life blood of some of the greatest names in English history.
Speaker 1: Here here, I'm not so greedy.
Speaker 2: You've had your shair, Oh great bloated beastly birds with the evil yellow eyes.
Speaker 3: How can you endure the sight of them homes? Think of the bodies the ancestors must have fed on would be so squeamish Watson. The scaffold, which formerly stood on this site was used only for the beheadings of Queen's Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard. The Countess of Salisbury by Countess Rockford, Lady Jane Gray, and the other Essex no nest the rule of political prisoners incarcerated in the Tower were beheaded on Tower Hill or hanged at Tyburn.
Speaker 1: There were, of course.
Speaker 3: Exception well naturally Archbishop Cranmer and Bishops Letterbourn and Ridley were burned at Oxford. So while the Raleigh was executed an old palace yard, Sir Thomas Overburdy was poisoned. The two little Princes, Edward the fifth and the Duke of York were strangled in the bloody Tower. Then, of course there was the Duke of Clarence, who was drowned in a butt of malmsey wine.
Speaker 2: I must say, if I had to be executed, that's the method I had to.
Speaker 4: Away. You shoe oo oos he bit.
Speaker 1: Me serves your wife for making sport of the Tower's traditions.
Speaker 2: Hello, who is the young lady coming across the parade grounds?
Speaker 4: She looks vaguely familiar.
Speaker 2: She's HEARDing her parasol so far over her face she can't but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you see she almost ran into that beet eater.
Speaker 3: Now she just missed the old lady with the ear trumpet. What's the matter with the girl? Can't you see where she's going? Probably not Watson. She's trying desperately to keep from crying.
Speaker 2: Great Scottish lady Cynthia, sister of that ass Bobbys Simon and daughter of the Duke of Balmarle.
Speaker 4: Of what do you suppose a pretty thing like that has to cry about? Life?
Speaker 3: Isn't all beer and skittles, Watson, even to those in Berk's peerage.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this I'm very much mistaken.
Speaker 3: She's upset because her fiancee, young Lieutenant Runnald Backwater, has been trucked in the guardhouse and threatened the court martial and dismissal from the tower guards, good Lord whatever.
Speaker 1: For stealing.
Speaker 3: Watson is accused of purloining a precious golden platter.
Speaker 4: Yes, another thought.
Speaker 3: We might run into the lady Cynthia if we visited the tower this afternoon. Holmes, you fraud, and I thought you came here to feed the ravens.
Speaker 1: If she is my dear lady Cynthia, is anything I can do? No, No, you I'm quite all right.
Speaker 4: That's similar in my eye. There's nothing. Wait a minute, you're mister Sherlock Holmes. I don't know what to say. Oh dear, what did I do with my handkerchief? Allow me to walk a man, Lady Cynthia.
Speaker 5: Thank you Watson your so kind to me.
Speaker 4: He didn't do it, you know, Ronnie. Isn't a fee, of course not. It's all a father, that daatiful old man.
Speaker 6: What old man the step a budget the new mayor and governor of the tower. He had fed up old bachelor himself well over.
Speaker 1: Forty yeah there, practically senile. He wantson.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want anyone in the guards to get married.
Speaker 2: Lodge it Greece, scot That must be old leaven bullets bludget.
Speaker 4: Yes, I believe that's what Ronne and Arthur called him.
Speaker 6: Other can't get married either because it's fiance.
Speaker 4: Have many more money than I have. Oh, that old lodget, I wish it were this.
Speaker 2: You're not the first to make best than idea. And I sat under him at Maiwan where he won his d C. The entire gentleman hated his gizzard. Well, he is a magnetis man soldier, and this cruel and man who's ever ordered his native ordered it beaten for forgetting to clean his boots.
Speaker 7: The beast.
Speaker 4: Why did he have to be put in charge of the tower. I'm making a perfect space of myself. What will everyone thinks?
Speaker 1: That's the heat of the sun. Very very fine.
Speaker 3: Suppose we could slip into the little chapel of some Peter's up ahead there where.
Speaker 4: It's quat and dark and cool.
Speaker 1: We'll pick out a.
Speaker 2: Nice comfortable pew and you can tell shellock food all about it.
Speaker 1: There we are, my dear. Suppose we take the third puple. Thank you Watson. You might offer the lady who worked with smelling salts with handkerchiefs.
Speaker 6: And I'll be all right in a minute.
Speaker 1: Quite as you know what's from.
Speaker 3: The premises known as the Tower of London are completely surrounded by the City of London. It's a self ruled and regulated community. Its gates are locked at night, and its ancient moti. Although it's drained to make a parade ground, is still capable of being flooded.
Speaker 4: Sounds fairly medieval, and.
Speaker 3: The absolute ruler of the entire place, The individual whose word is law is the mayor and governor in this case Old Blood and Bullets alias Stafford Lodger.
Speaker 1: Correct. He resides on the premises as do his officers and men.
Speaker 5: That's right, mister Holmes.
Speaker 6: Well, last night the stafford Lodge invited five of the younger officers to his quarters for dinner, the ones who are petitioned to marry this June, you know, good.
Speaker 4: Lord, do they have to get permission from him to do that too?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, not to get married exactly. But he does say whether or not he considers the young ladies suitable, you know.
Speaker 3: And if he decides there not, Oh, then the prospective bridegroom is advised to give up the whole idea or resigned from the gods.
Speaker 4: How perfectly, Bob Barrick.
Speaker 6: Quite so, you can imagine how divily the poor chaffs were when he got round.
Speaker 4: They've been summoned to hear the do you know us to be at eight?
Speaker 6: And promptly at three minutes past they sat down at the Stafford's.
Speaker 4: Oak table in his sitting room in the Byword Tower. Byword Tower.
Speaker 3: But I thought the governor's quarters were always in Kings House, and so they are.
Speaker 6: But that would be too cozy and cheerful for the old stulture. No, he's moved into Byword Tower because his grimmar I that bound.
Speaker 1: I wonder it's not a rather strategic advantages, you.
Speaker 2: Know, byword tower, his curious appellation, Holmes.
Speaker 3: When I got the name Iywott was formerly a synonym for password Watson. Byword tower is always been the main entrance to the power of London.
Speaker 6: Of course, that's why he's moved there, so he could spy on his men as they went in them out.
Speaker 3: There could just possibly be another reason, you know, however, I suppose you finished telling me about the dinner party.
Speaker 6: Oh, it is a very elegant dinner party, properly chilled white wine with the turbot an excellent burgundy with a roast. Not that anyone but old blood and Bullets had much appetite. He eats like an anaconda. Well, finally they came to the suite.
Speaker 4: It was served on an enormous golden.
Speaker 6: Platter, which Sir Stafford and had specially brought into the occasion.
Speaker 1: Bring me that part, and had finished off that last bit of pudding.
Speaker 3: Yes, and want these young hoples have a good look at the design underneath?
Speaker 1: Yeah, are there.
Speaker 7: Please the wishard pass at?
Speaker 8: Oh very good, sir, But I say, Sir Stafford, isn't this that King Philip Salva.
Speaker 5: That's kept with the crown jewels.
Speaker 3: Right, you are by quarter presented by Philip of Spain to Elizabeth when he was courting the lady. Hence the rather a frank representation of the Goddess Ephrodite and all the little keepings. Yes, it is under appropriate to this occasion and what That's why I had it brought over. Of course Philip never managed to marry the lady. We hope you led have better elect to.
Speaker 5: We have to see that fast, bad priest easier on it.
Speaker 4: Don't get the wind up. I don't like the goods in.
Speaker 5: The old buzz dye. He's up to something.
Speaker 3: And now, as the pot goes round, shall we proceed in the more agreeable portion of.
Speaker 9: The evening's entertainment? M Yes, I have here a list of the young ladies on.
Speaker 3: Whom you have bestowed your affection for one reason or another, as son as you're back with us. Oh sorry, sir pas and I never believed that marriage was I helped any man's army career. However, there's no ruling against it that his lives can do.
Speaker 9: I suppose.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now let me.
Speaker 3: See Lieutenant reginal Evert. You wish to marry the Honorable Norah Jennings. Yes, no objections, Poor Reggie. I think he's going to paint with relief. Next, Lieutenant Herbert Woolsey, You desire to marry a Miss Ruby right now. Understand she's an American personal suitable, but she was educated in England, so I said, most times suitable. Next Lieutenant Arthur Anderson, here I go, has chosen the Miss Stanley Venable, no addictions.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, sir, good luck, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Lieutenant Bupert Wellington. Intended is let me see Lady Duphney Mark Banks. Sorry Wellington, won't you?
Speaker 1: Her father is the Earl of Sir her mother? Where was a Gary girl? Quite out of the question.
Speaker 5: What Daphne's mother's first week?
Speaker 3: Except that every razy Ronnie, don't get fut under the collar your neck. Last we come to Lieutenant Ronald Beckwater, who wishes to marry Lady Cynthia Saint Simon. Delightful, young lady, most suitable. That's a relief, not that I expected trouble with you.
Speaker 1: I'm only one thing more to say on this addict.
Speaker 3: During my tenure hair in charge of the Tower, I shall make one further ruling about young ladies who marry into the court, Sir, As you know, the officers in his outfit are a handpicked block. We've always both the best blood in the empire, even if we are only younger son.
Speaker 1: My point exactly.
Speaker 3: Youngest sons are so often not too well supplied with worthy goods.
Speaker 4: That's one of the reasons which shows.
Speaker 1: The army, Sir.
Speaker 4: Don't interrupt, Sorry, sir.
Speaker 3: The pay of an officer and the tower guard is enough to keep him in proper style.
Speaker 1: If he is a bachelor, Now what's he getting out high from it?
Speaker 3: It has, however, come to my attention that men and families sometimes helped to scrape the big Don't tell me the old boy is going to get us a raisin pay, not old blood and bullets. The tower guards called upon an appear on many occasions of state. During the last Royal Review, I was hurri paid to notice that the dress uniforms have two captains, both of them married men, showed signs of wear.
Speaker 1: One of them had a small down on the lip sleeve.
Speaker 5: Horrors the empire of his crumbling.
Speaker 3: Consequently, I feel it incumbent upon me to make a new ruling.
Speaker 9: Dy and me wishing to marry anop so the.
Speaker 3: Tower God must bring with her a dowry of five thousand pounds minimum.
Speaker 4: Right, sir, it's impossible.
Speaker 8: The girls we want to marry there from good families, but they're not rid.
Speaker 3: Then I suggest you look around a bit further until you find.
Speaker 1: Some that are.
Speaker 3: But the conversa it's frank, mean, what are you presuming to criticize your superior officer?
Speaker 1: Yes, I haven't running by what Why do you want to shut up your fool?
Speaker 4: Don't get the old boys back up.
Speaker 1: We'll get around him somehow.
Speaker 5: That oh, I was telling that backwater that you had only his own good at.
Speaker 3: Hearts m Yes, I'm glad to see someone in that BI had some appreciation of my point of view, and no gentlemen and Javis cleared the table. I suggest I show you on my quarter. First of all, I demonstrate the portcalis. Oh, by the way, shimmers, put the gold slattern on the table by the door, and don't take your eye off of it for a minute.
Speaker 4: I think it's like to wake his twer. I sent later on, Hey, good Seff got away.
Speaker 9: I know the port colors, gentlemen, the machinery that operates.
Speaker 3: It is here in the hallway, next to the bar. Wait, I'll demonstrate. I carry the key to the padlock myself. Don't want anyone else fooling with it, you know. Oh here we are.
Speaker 9: Now, then if someone will warn them.
Speaker 3: Below the bars of the port color said dashed hilly wouldn't want to be pale anyone.
Speaker 5: I'll attend to it, sir.
Speaker 4: Look out below were lowering the port color.
Speaker 7: Ready, here's she goes, I say, sir, that is impressive.
Speaker 3: Is this port colors here in Ywot Tower and the one in the Bloody Tower the only two in England still working?
Speaker 1: Order? Must make you feel quite safe, sir.
Speaker 3: Once that's down, no one can get in and no one can get out either.
Speaker 1: I haven't come along, gentlemen, that's very nice sleeping quarters.
Speaker 4: This way.
Speaker 3: I only use stree rooms, kitchen chidden woman's bedroom enough for an old soldier. You know.
Speaker 1: Here we are, gentlemen.
Speaker 8: My bedroom, I say, it's almost circular, built into the tower itself.
Speaker 1: And what a popping, big canopid bed. I never use it here is what I sleep here here. Don't believe any soldier worth his thoughts would sleep.
Speaker 3: In a bed my army Costia step on it during all my campaigns, sleep on it down and always will contadic.
Speaker 7: I would really die in it.
Speaker 1: A spot of life, that's what the army needs.
Speaker 3: Bishopin South Canaio. A matter of fact, Waters, how are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Sorr.
Speaker 1: I'll feel a bit onto the webb if you excuse me a moment, sir.
Speaker 3: It is typical, typical of the younger generation, no intestinal potitude, and even carry the liquor. Come over here, gentlemen, and as you see my decorations, keep them in.
Speaker 1: A box here in the top drawer, cheap as.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry that the bathroom door seems to be locked.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, sir, the governor keeps the key in the sideboard. I'll fetch it for you. The very courtious kept the governor is it keeps everything locked up, even to the whiskey. Yeah. Which, Oh it's in the bottom drawer. Here it is here. It is a what what's the matter?
Speaker 3: Sare you look so stiff and funny like he was on parade or stuffing cheapers. I've just had an idea, a perfectly brilliant idea. And then into the dure the premises, and it didn't take long. He gives he's cigars and bring another deckender of port. I see what became a backwater.
Speaker 4: It he comes across the old Hi.
Speaker 1: There badwater in here.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, sir.
Speaker 5: When I finished washing up, I went back into the bedroom to join you.
Speaker 9: Well we're back in here.
Speaker 1: You missed seeing my meddles, Oh, I say, sir. I am sorry. Never mind.
Speaker 9: Never man on.
Speaker 4: Governor, what how of them is?
Speaker 9: I tell you not to just be a says Stafford.
Speaker 4: Yes sir, wherever we are the plant has gone, said what Yes, sir, someone swiped the lips golden platter.
Speaker 3: Women have a lie for value, So take a lady along when you select your new clipper Craft suit or there isn't a test. Clipper Craft clothes can't pass know how comfortable you feel?
Speaker 1: And the long wearing.
Speaker 3: Clipper Craft worsted suit here's don right amazing value. And in the fine local independence store that sells Clippercraft clothes. These sensational values in the face of today's high prices are the result of the clipper Craft Plan, concentrating the buying power of ten hundred thirty six of the nation's finest stores from coast to coast. That's why today you pay only forty and forty five dollars for truly fine clipper Craft suits, only forty and forty five dollars for top coats, and only twenty.
Speaker 1: Six fifty for sport jackets.
Speaker 3: Yes, selling expensive clothes at inexpensive low prices at the nation's finest independent stores is the great, big idea behind the Clippercraft plan. That's why men who know insist on Clippercraft clothes. So be sure to visit the clipper Craft store in your city. And remember that's one of the ten hundred thirty six leading retail stores across the nation where courtesy and friendly service are always yours, the store that is proud to add its fine name to that of clipper Craft Clothes in the label of your soup, top coat, sport jack and overcoat. And remember also, not every pattern is always available in your size, but keep on trying.
Speaker 1: It will pay you to wait for it. Clipper Craft Clothes. I'll back to our friends in Saint Peter's Chapels. Lady Cynthia is just finishing her story.
Speaker 4: When you can.
Speaker 2: Imagine the commotion, mister Holmes, quite oh, blood and bullets, blood pressure probably blew up and durst.
Speaker 4: Oh it did, doctor Watson, it did.
Speaker 6: He lost all sense of proportion.
Speaker 4: He immediately accused Ronnie.
Speaker 6: Of having taken the wretched plata, simply because he was the only one who was out of his sight.
Speaker 3: For a moment, and also because he'd come back in the sitting room to speak the cheebas no doubt.
Speaker 6: Yes, but he couldn't have done it, mister Holmes.
Speaker 4: I mean, Ronnie wouldn't think of such.
Speaker 3: A thing, my dear lady Cynthia, And I hope Ronnie insisted on being suched immediate things.
Speaker 4: Oh he did, mister Holmes.
Speaker 6: They didn't find a trace of anything, naturally, But even then, Sir Stafford wasn't satisfied. He said Ronny had probably dropped it out of the windows to an accomplice.
Speaker 1: The Stafford are fool.
Speaker 3: The presence of an accomplice would mean the pet was premeditated. I gather no one but Sir Stafford knew the platter was to be on the premises.
Speaker 4: That's right, mister Holmes.
Speaker 3: And there's no possibility of an compass whoever. Store King Philip Solver was present at the dinner party, whilst to.
Speaker 2: Prevent it outside of seeking up the stairs when everyone was in the bedroom and marrying Sir Stafford Meddle Forget, Watson, the port culiss had been lowered, no one.
Speaker 1: Could get in or out.
Speaker 3: No, the golden platter was undoubtedly still on the premises when it was found to be Listen, that's impossible.
Speaker 6: Aff and the rest insisted on being searched too, And Sir Stafford Brodget went over the rest.
Speaker 4: Of the premises himself.
Speaker 3: Very interesting, hey Watson. And yet the platter must be there. It probably still there in the most obvious place.
Speaker 4: Why, mister Holmes, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 3: Ever read the purloined letter, Lady Cynthia, No, I can't say I have. If you had, you'd realize at once what probably happened to the platter. Yes, Watson, I suggest you and I go round to the Guard House and have a chat with the incarcerated Lieutenant Runnald Backwater, mister Howes.
Speaker 6: They won't let you see him, they won't let anyone see him.
Speaker 3: Indurance fially, yes, I'm afraid the British Army doesn't always observe the rights of the individual and set forth in our common law, especially when there's a blowhard like Sir Stafford Budget in charge.
Speaker 6: Oh dear, then you can't do anything for Ronnie.
Speaker 3: On the contrary, Lady Cynthia, by tomorrow morning, doctor Watson and Knife will rive at the Guardhouse with.
Speaker 1: A note that should get her spice and Peter himself.
Speaker 4: Ronnie has to stay in that dreadful place another night.
Speaker 3: One more night should strengthen, not weaken his case, but be a good cheer. My dear, I think I can safely promise that within twenty four hours the platter will have been found, and Ronnie and all his brother officers shall have obtained full permission to marry the ladies of their respective choice.
Speaker 6: Oh, mister Holmes, you're wonderful.
Speaker 3: Quite my friend, and I here have written permission to interview Lieutenant Ronald Backwater and THEA Reggie the robber or gust personage whose name is at the bottom of his pants.
Speaker 5: All right, let's have a luck.
Speaker 4: God here the old girl herself, and it says he your sherck comes. Well, I never mind if I keep this step of paper.
Speaker 8: I mean, missus will never believe me when I tell her, as you like, come in, Come.
Speaker 1: In, gentlemen, pays to step inside.
Speaker 3: All right, this way, it's just to step down the corridor and mind afford.
Speaker 1: It's a bit uneven.
Speaker 3: Tennant back what I say, yea is a mister Sherrack Olmes and a doctor thinger Bob to say your saying.
Speaker 4: Bob, Oh, such as.
Speaker 5: Fame mister Holmes, who sent for you.
Speaker 3: I am acting on behalf of your fiance, the lady Cynthia s Simon. He still wants to marry you, it seems, in spite of everything.
Speaker 5: But she knows she must have lied. Didn't steal a silly platter?
Speaker 1: You didn't take it? However, don't you think it's been missing long enough? A longer it's.
Speaker 8: Missing, the more of a pool you look when they find it. Oh, I'd like to see his face when it turned up. Maybe may not be for months, not at all, than I are about to go across to the Byward town find it for him.
Speaker 4: Oh good hunting, hunting.
Speaker 1: Keebo.
Speaker 3: Your name is Keeper's I believe, Oh, yes, tells the stafferd. The shark homes of Dr Watson have come to trace King for it's missing.
Speaker 1: Trencher.
Speaker 4: Oh, you can't do that?
Speaker 1: Why not? Don't tell me as already been fun.
Speaker 2: Oh no, nobody's seen hiding air of it since I've put it over there on that table by the door the night before last.
Speaker 4: I just meant you couldn't see old Ladden Gardner because he's dressing for a view. Always puts his medals on for review. Rule his rule with says Stepford. He don't never break any of them.
Speaker 1: Was that interesting?
Speaker 5: Very interesting?
Speaker 3: I'm afraid the illusions of the power God, they're about to be shutterered.
Speaker 1: Hey Watson, I.
Speaker 4: Haven't been remotest idea of what you're blithering about. Homes. There comes old blood and bullets himself. I call this commotion in here?
Speaker 9: Who in places are you?
Speaker 1: Sherlock Holmes and doctor Watson?
Speaker 3: Hmmm, Dr Watson, why'd you attach to my regiment in the Second African War?
Speaker 4: I joined the.
Speaker 2: Boxes just before my womb And why didn't you stay with him? Because my shoulder was shattered? Badge as a bullet and you needn't shout at me. I haven't been in the army for some years now, and it doesn't amuse us.
Speaker 1: Bravo, Watson, watchin who is this? Uncut?
Speaker 9: Individuals?
Speaker 2: The most famous consulting detective in the entire world. Mister Sherlock Holmes never heard of him. Well, he's here to solve the mystery of King Phillip's missing Salver.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I look everywhere he is A look everywhere.
Speaker 4: Not here.
Speaker 1: Oh, but it must be.
Speaker 3: It couldn't be anywhere else. You probably don't know how to look, and I suppose you do, or I don't have to look.
Speaker 1: I know it is.
Speaker 3: You don't say it's in the only place it could be. You know, young ro Old Backwater did remove it from the table. He took it put into the bathroom, and later, when the bedroom was clear, he hid it in your bed.
Speaker 1: But that's preposterous.
Speaker 9: You think I wouldn't have noticed it when I went to bed.
Speaker 3: Oh, you would have if you slept in the bed you claim you've slept in every night since you joined the army.
Speaker 1: Err, we investigate your army cort, Sir Stafford, but I think we'll let Chivers do it.
Speaker 3: Chivas, would you mind bringing me the platter that's hidden in Sir Stafford's army cut Yes, right away, Sir, Sir Stafford, I strongly suspect that you are neither a spartan nor a celibate as you claim to be.
Speaker 1: Why you why you wanted to get that idea?
Speaker 3: The next time you have a midnight visitor, I suggest you remind her not to leave her garter hanging on the samovar. Yes, but port colors is a handy device to ensure privacy, isn't it?
Speaker 1: You will you will give me away, mister Holmes, I've been.
Speaker 3: A laughing start of the entire British Army. Think of my patients, Think of the battles I've went, Think of the men you browbeaten the bullet think of the young ladies. Who's hot you try to break?
Speaker 4: But I'd changed all that. I'll turn over a new leaf.
Speaker 3: I'd be kindness and consideration itself.
Speaker 4: It give mister Romes the brinking pleasure just where you said it.
Speaker 10: You've got a pleasure now, Sir Stafford, I mean thank you, she v thank you very much. Well, Doctor Watson, I never thought i'd hear of Sherlock Holmes playing Cupid, and very successfully.
Speaker 2: To mister Harris, there were six weddings in the car Chapel that June six.
Speaker 3: But doctor Watson, I thought you said only five young officers wanted to get married.
Speaker 4: By young officers.
Speaker 2: Yes, but most of everyone's surprise, Sir Stafford decided to become a dinitict as well.
Speaker 3: You never know what Sherlock Holmes accomplished, do you? You would never do this, You would never do doctor Watson. What Sherlock Holmes adventure are you going to tell us next week?
Speaker 4: Let me see?
Speaker 2: I suppose I relate the rather grotesque case of the sixth identical top to buss which were smashed one after another, and how murder and the pendulous duel were involved. It is, of course the adventure of the sixth Napoleons.
Speaker 3: The makers of Clippercraft Clothes at ten hundred and thirty six leading stores from coast to coast have brought to you another in the new series of broadcasts featuring the world's most famous detective, Sherlock Holmes. Our stories are based upon the character of Sherlock Holmes, created by Sir Arthur Colan Doyle. Sherlock Holmes is played by John Stanley, Doctor Watson by Alfred Shirley. The dramatizations are by Edith Meser. Sherlock Holmes is produced and directed by Basil Lochren, with special music by Albert Berman. If you don't know your clipper Craft dealer right Clippercraft, two hundred Fifth Avenue, New York City, this is Brotherhood Week.
Speaker 1: Let's make it work.
Speaker 3: Judge every man by his individual work, not by some label. Don't spread any rumor against any race or religion, and don't listen to the mean. Speak up against prejudice and poor understanding.
Speaker 9: You sant to listen next.
Speaker 3: Week to Sherlock Holmes in the Adventure of the sixth Napoleon List by Harris speaking for Clippercraft. Both listen to the world largest Muary seven above four hundred and thirty Maso papers the mutual vot captains
Speaker 2: At