Speaker 1: September twelve, twenty twenty four, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar. This the o'celli effect. You listening to us now, if you're hearing us on the it is the twelfth, right, twelfth day. I guess, twelfth thirteenth. Look at me. I'm screwing it, screwing it all up. Wow, thirteenth day of September twenty twenty four, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar. See, I told you I took a hit to the head, and this is the Ocelli effect. On a Friday night open lines, We're here to roll and I'm finally going to get to explain what you know happened to me. I explained it partially on the one decent podcast I've been able to put out in the past week or so. It also sounds like I'm a little loud in my microphone, So I'm going to back this up a little bit, back up the sound a little bit, and hopefully that's better for you guys. Anyway, Uh yeah, I'll explain that in a minute, But let's get to the business at hand. You can call in about anything you want, and anybody can do that at three one nine, five, two seven, five zero one six. That's three one nine five two seven five zero one six. And I'll slow it down for those of you who grew up nowhere near the northeast, because apparently we talk way way too fast. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. There you have it. That's the number. Or you can reach out to me Charles dot O'Kelly on Skype and I can call you into the show. You don't call me on Skype. I can call you into the show if you ask me to in a text on Skype, okay. Otherwise use your phone. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. Okay. So that was that, and this is this P Pete. I'm sure you have nothing to talk about from the news cycle this week or anything. But before we go there and get to callers, which I haven't even looked at yet, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good. I hetic week at work again doing the transition to fall, so you'll switch over some operations that take a lot of time, and it was one hours this week. But other than that, dealing with rain today, which is it's been absolutely beautiful for the past two weeks. Fall temperatures, you know, seventies, eighties, low eighties, no humidity. It's been wonderful, so I'm hoping for a nice long fall.
Speaker 3: Everybody can enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Other than that, staying busy watching the debate the other night, which was a total waste of time on both sides. But other than that, trying to catch up on the news here, looking at a couple of lists just to see what's going on now.
Speaker 1: I did an audio simulcast of the debate, you know, because it didn't require me to have to do much except when I felt like interrupting something or during the breaks from the stream, you know, when somebody would insert commercials, I had a chance to talk or whatever. But I think there was only like three breaks during the entire thing where the audio was not present. So I said, to hell with it. Didn't do much with it, and I'm going to rerun it on the stream, but I'm not releasing it as a podcast because I don't have a secure license for the restream. So I can do it live, but you know, it's like music. I can do it live, but you better not put it in a podcast because you could potentially somehow prop it off of that and therefore you lose money. But anyway, yeah, so the debates were one thing this week. I should I just you know, give the full on explanation about why it is. I kind of disappeared last week, absolutely all right. I was just wondering because I did try to do two things. Won the debate, and I also had a podcast Asked with Mike Swanson, which I haven't released. No, no, Larry Hancock, excuse me. Larry Hancock's podcast has not been released for this week. But I did record it. I did it live, and it seemed like hardly anybody showed up except I think I saw Jimmy James in the chat room asking questions, and I think he was it. So, you know, everybody got used to the idea that I wasn't here this week real fast and couldn't be helped. So here's the full story. One thirty in the morning, be pete okay at about yeah, man, I'd say a little after one somewhere in there. Let me back up before one thirty. Around one am, missus O says to me, I'm almost out of cigarettes. Do you have something? I don't have any I was just gonna go to bed. Well, she says, I gotta go down for cigarettes. I said, okay, you know, and she has to go down for cigarettes. If anybody's thinking, why are you letting your woman go get the cigarettes at one o'clock in the morning when you're you know, a man, and you should go to take care of that late at night in the city where you live, where it's not exactly the safest place in America. Well, the problem is that I can't get cigarettes from the circle K. They will not give them to me because my ID. I have no ID, Okay, So I get carted for cigarettes and they will not sell them to me. So missus oh, has to make the trip. Now you're wondering why it can go with missus. Oh, Well, it's not good to leave a ten year old alone in the house, okay, because if anything goes wrong, even though I'm just three quarters of a block away, big problems. So can't leave the ten year old alone and can't go with her and can't do it by myself. She is therefore the designated cigarette go get her all right? Anyway, So a few minutes after she leaves, I get a phone call and the phone call is that, hmm, let me not make it sound crazy, but there's a lot of homeless guys hanging chilling over there a lot, and some of them, you know, they're a little unbalanced and they get a little aggressive. Apparently a couple of them or something like this got aggressive with missus. Oh, and she went back in the store and called me to come get her. Basically, you know, now we're going to risk Frankie sitting here by himself because I got to go get her for safety. So what do I do. I stick my shoes on and I try to book down the road. You know, I'm not running, but I'm moving down the road at a good you know, power walking pace, and you know, just thinking about I gotta get down there. And I intentionally grabbed to think of pepper spray because the you know, should I bring the pistol of the pepper spray. I'm thinking to myself, I probably don't need anything more than the pepper spray, so let me take that. And it turns out in my mind, I did a good thing doing that, and I'll I'll tell you why in a sec anyhow so I'm going there and for people who have not come to visit me here in Joja, unlike Bpete who's been here. Is a fairly steep hill that goes down from almost near my house, okay, straight down to the main road, which is called Pion and Pion has on the corner of Pi in my street is a circle. K Well, anyway, very steep hill. When I'm walking it, you could feel the incline and all that. It's you know, a little tough on a guy with bad knees, all right, so it's good, good steep hill. Anyway, I get into about that part where that hills, you know, on its healthy incline. In the middle of the incline, let's just say. And there's also darkness that is intermittent on the road because there's some houses that people don't live in, and maybe there's a street light out, so you have, you know, some light from some houses and street light then nothing. There's a couple of spots on our street like this. So I'm in one of those dark areas and all of a sudden, where okay, something slams into me from behind. I was hitting the head. I was definitely hit in the back and the body, and involuntarily I went forward, landed on hands and knees pretty much and definitely gave up some skin to the road and I didn't know what the hell hit me. Oh my glasses went flying to so glasses flying, I go flying, I hit the road, and I don't know what the hell hit me. So I'm a little dazed, and definitely I felt that something made contact with my head because you know that noise when you get hit in the head, bpete, that bulk kind of noise. Yeah, so I got definitely was like, I definitely got hit in the head with something. And it turns out that it was a guy. Okay, he's I'd give him a buck eighty about his weight measurement. Full grown man. He's on a bicycle and he was going down that hill. Now, he didn't see me, and I was in light colored clothing. By the way, he didn't see me because, as he explained, after you know, things got to settle down for a sec, that there was a loose dog nearby. He was looking at the dog. Did not see me even for a second. So there was no slowing down, no attempt to break, no attempt to swerve. Perfectly lined up. I took a Q shot from a grown man on a bicycle. Okay, So obviously, I kind of, you know, struggled around. I can't see. Well, everybody knows, but I'm struggling to try and find my glasses as quickly as possible because I'm thinking, you know, one, I could get run over laying in the street here. Two, my glasses are going to get run over. I got to find my glasses. And of course I'm thinking, holy crap, Kim is still down there by herself. Damn it, this is a delay. Well, anyway, I do find the glasses and then I try to stand up, and my legs weren't having it. They just went rubber band on me. Boom. I just went back down, no way of getting up, and I was woozy. But I got my glasses and I'm trying to say something to the guy because I just started screaming all kinds of obscenities when I was hit. I don't know why. It was very pointless, but I was just, you know, after this, after that, what the f? This is what I'm doing on the ground, And yeah, I'm like, I gotta get down to the corner. I tell this guy. He's like, uh you okay. I'm like, I don't know, but I got to get to the corner, and I don't know how much I'm scraped up or banged up here because we're in the dark. There's no light on this patch. So I'm like, there's no light. I gotta I gotta get down there. So I get up and I and I you know, do the drunken walk probably the rest of the way down the hill. So I get down there and I tell her about it, and the guy pulls into the gas station. He's kind of like, you are right, and I'm like, I don't know, big old bump is starting to for him on the back of my head. And you know, eventually, even though the store people and other people were trying to tell me go get an ambulance, I'm thinking to myself, it's a guy on a bicycle. I'm gonna wind up paying two grand for them to take me to the hospital. No, and I was definitely hurting, but I didn't think it could be. It just didn't feel as though I had been seriously injured because nothing was broken. I was definitely dazed. It's not like I haven't had a concussion before, so screw it. Okay, Well, anyway, that that put me in some pain that night, but boy, when I woke up the next day, I could barely move at all. So that was the condition I was in. I couldn't stand, I couldn't walk, and I was in a lot, a lot of pain throughout my body. You know, stress point on the head, stress point on the back, stress point on the knees, and of course you know, a couple of chunks of skin missing. Those stung, but not the biggest of my problems. Okay, So yeah, So finally, though, after a couple of days of this and me pretty much feeling like I'm dying, missus O convinces me to go to the hospital. You got to get checked out at least. So I went, and it so happened that, you know, they kept me long enough overd air and ran tests on me and all kind of stuff. Wanted to make sure my brain wasn't bleeding, you know, cat scan, da DA DA, chest X ray, this and that. So that is why I did not make it to the microphone on Friday, because we were there till pretty late and it was past Aaron's show. And that was that I asked missus Oh to signal be pete at least, but frankly, at that point. I had not slept in a couple of days either, because I had not gotten sleep since I got knocked down. So I was a little out of it and in a lot of pain, and I didn't think very much. I just figured she'll tell b Pete and I don't know what else I figured. I just thought it was done. People knew, but apparently they didn't. And then I thought I was gonna be able to get myself back together a little quicker some days ago and I could not still, But after a little while some muscle relaxers and some actual rest, I'm coming around now. I'm still hurting, but it's nowhere near his band, and I have most of my mobility back. I don't feel strong, I'm a bit weak, but I've got most of my mobility back. So that is the total story of what happened to me. So no gun play this time. But again I'm blindsided by a flying object, except this time it was a dude. And I'm starting to think the universe is telling me I need to move. That's what I figured. Maybe I'm wrong about all this, but then again, you take a look at the conditions of other things, and you think to yourself maybe it's time to move on from a lot of things, considering the mad, mad world that is around us. But these are the random occurrences of me getting blindsided, and there's been a couple of them this year already, So I don't know. I'm not going to hide a housepeed Pete. But something's telling me, you know, watch be careful. I mean, and I had the very positive uh. I'm not going to tell you who told me this, but in a spiritual sense, I was told that that dog might have been a protector of mine, and actually causing this crash into this guy on the bicycle was a better alternative to what might have been coming. By the time I got down to the gas station, by the way, the guys who were menacing Kim had already left. So anyway, Oh, and I did say I was gonna explain why the uh pepper spray was better. Okay, very simple. When I got thrown on the ground, I have a pistol, no safety or anything on it. It's just a revolver. And I've seen drop revolvers jammed in a pocket. If somebody falls or has a tussle, I've seen him go off. So I'm thinking to myself. I might have been prevented from shooting myself in the leg getting thrown down. You know what I mean. I mean BPD. You've heard of that, a trigger getting caught in a pocket piece, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: In fact, I know somebody that was in law enforcement was shot themselves twice.
Speaker 1: Like in a row.
Speaker 2: Well not in a row, no one was, Oh, okay occasions. Let's say eighteen nineteen, they were cleaning the twenty two shot themselves in a leg and then later was practicing for a fast draw competition for some pistol competition and got hung up in his holster and shot himself in the thigh.
Speaker 3: See the first one was in the knee.
Speaker 1: It's so funny that one. Uh, there was a guy on YouTube that like went viral video like ten years ago doing exactly that was did your friend have a video of it getting set up with a quick draw contest? Because there was a guy famously he was on Toss point zero. He was on a whole bunch of different TVs because of his viral video where he was a quick draw expert and he was great at it and everything. And I think even had an instructional YouTube channel where he taught people how to do it right. And meanwhile he shot himself in the leg practicing. But that's what I was thinking, Is that what happened to me? But you know firsthand that's the kind of thing that can occur. You can shoot yourself in the legs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was on the competition team when he was in law enforcement and they were practicing. It wasn't QuickDraw, but it was practicing for the range where you have to fire from a holstered position. He was working on his method and apparently something hung up in a boom sounds help them five the first one, he's cleveland a twenty two rifle, and he ran the cleaning rod up the magazine and didn't think about it. But when you release the rod that holds in that you put in the magazine, it's a long tube that's got a rubber tip on a spring, and as you load rounds, it compresses that spring and it holds tension on him. So he didn't think about it, but when he dropped the pin and poured out all the rounds, he forgot the one that's halfway in between the chamber and the UH receiver that you put him in. When he ran the cleaning rod up there. It pushed the bullet fully into the chamber and he was holding it by the well. He had his thumb to the trigger guard and was holding it pointing down at his leg. When he ran the rock up in there, it went to readjust it, but he had oil on his hand, so he's kind of he went to just kind of readjust the gun, and when he did, his thumb set the trigger off and it shot him in the knee.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that you know what? And I can totally picture that. You know. You take that there's like a long skinny brush thing and that's what you're talking about right where it's got little bristles on it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, he had the he had the eye needle in it and had a a swab for you know, a piece of cloth Okay, a swab that you put in the end after you after you brush them out.
Speaker 1: I got you, okay, So it serves No, that's a different purpose. You know what I'm talking about the little thing that looks almost like a bottle brush, but it's real skinny. But what he did is, yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Really pushed the row screw that out and you have another tip that you put in there. It's got a hole in the end of it, like the eye of a needle. Right, you take the cotton swab and shove it in there, and it's a way to oil the mechanism. After you brush it, you run up in there, clean all the debris out, and then you put a thin shina oil on everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and believe me, I've known plenty of people who have accidentally popped off rounds. Not everybody is uh, you know, not everybody's lucky enough to shoot themselves.
Speaker 2: But this time, Arid, I mean, he hit himself fice.
Speaker 1: Sheez. You know that's amazing. Again. I mean, look, and I'm just I think it's funny, is all. But you know, I don't get all alarmed. Look, the guys even shoot themselves, you know, please. But the thing is, uh, that's what I was thinking, is it could get tangled, you know, and I might have shot myself in the leg. And knowing me, you know, just my luck, I mean, maybe I'll clip the femeral artery, you know, I mean, who needs that on a on a late night, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So even worse, got it in your back pocket, you could have shot yourself.
Speaker 3: In the ass.
Speaker 1: No, it was no, because I literally I did put it in my front pocket. By the way, I put it in my front pocket, and I went, nah, I don't like how the pockets loose because I don't have a holster for it. So I put it in the front pocket and I went, Now, I don't like how it's kind of it's moving around too much. And all I could think of is maybe some cloth will get caught from the pocket and I'm gonna get popped from this thing. I said, no, no, never mind, and I put it back and grabbed the pepper spray. So anyway, but no shot in the leg this time. I avoided that. But damn. And basically, you know, the the doctor was like, you know, really really silly of you to come in days later. You should have came right in, and you know, you basically had a minor, you know, car accident. It's the same kind of force that's being applied because it's the heavy guy's coming downhill, he's in motion. You know, we we don't know what the speed was he was doing, but it's you know, comparable to many car accidents. What I just had happened to me, right, you know, plus back of the head trauma. I mean, you know, here we go again. Anyway, So that is the full story best I can tell you about why it is I got hit, and you know, we we we have a little discussion after that. Of course, missus Owen myself. You better figure out how to make sure that you you know, if you got to make a cigarette run, do it in the daylight, please, you know. But uh oh, I was telling you the dog the spiritual thing. I already told you that, right. Somebody said the dog was, you know, an agent trying to get me out of the way of something that could have been worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's I don't know, I fuk it was that far it is to say that it was you.
Speaker 1: Know, well it's the positive Schrodinger's cat, you know. So it's okay. Anyway, So we do have phone calls, and like I said, I'm sure everybody wants to talk about the debate. We do have Aaron Fronz scheduled at ten pm. I think you'll be on time. We'll see. And I did note that Aaron went to his live stream last week and he had gotten no information. He was not informed. It was an oversight on my part. Again, like I said, I just figured, well, B Pete's got the information. That's that, But I should have followed up on it more. I was distracted, and Aaron apparently went to his live stream and said, you know, I don't feel like doing the show, and was actually worried about me. And I really appreciate that, Aaron, And you know, there's a reason why him and I worked together all these years. He is, you know, one of the one of the good guys and the very few good guys that I've been able to meet along the way, you know, who is sincere about a lot of things. And he sincerely was worried about me because he knows I'm not a kind of guy who doesn't just show up. You know, I might pop in late, i might have my problems, I might throw up during a commercial break, but I usually make it to the mic if I can. And for me to not show, not inform nothing not normal. So he was concerned, and I got a couple of other notes of concern, and I appreciate all you guys. Thank you. Sometimes I kind of think it wouldn't matter if I disappeared, and some times like that I get told, well, you know what it might matter a little, so I appreciate it anyway, Open lines once again, just wanted to tell you, and I'm gonna let me peek get any stories out that he wants. We also got an interesting email regarding the original naked newsman. Did you did you see that forward? Bepte?
Speaker 3: No, I hadn't seen that. I'm time checked my mail two.
Speaker 1: Days Oh my goodness. Well, I know I sent it to you, and I thought it was more than two days ago.
Speaker 3: Let me go check. Yeah, take a look because yahoo right.
Speaker 1: Let me just double check, just to make sure. Okay to too. I had a lot of things going on.
Speaker 2: I renewed my uh on blogs and then I went and checked for those receipts and then I don't think I've been back to the mail since then.
Speaker 1: Let me go. Look. Looks like it says I sent this to you on September seven BP, and I sent it to the BP BP nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's see, let's see, let's back up.
Speaker 3: I'm back up.
Speaker 1: I'm well in the meantime while you're taking a look, because apparently they have an update there, and I figured you ow to and you would be excited.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm trying. It's not loading. I can go back today.
Speaker 3: So wait here we go. Hold on.
Speaker 1: All right, so you seven. It says here that it was sent to September seventh and nine thirty. Yeah, okay, so hang on to that for a second. I'm gonna go to uh, I'm gonna go to a caller. Okay. As a matter of fact, we have a few.
Speaker 3: This is cool.
Speaker 2: If somebody's listening and went to school with this guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, hang on to it though, don't don't don't spoil it. Let's let's put it all together in a minute. Okay, please, Uh, let's see what do we got here?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 1: Two? Oh? Where'd the third one go?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Whoever just hung up? Come on, stay on there, I'm getting you. Okay. Uh. Well, we went to air like eight minutes late or something, and I'm gonna get to everybody fast as I can. All right, so call back. Let's see, looks like we have a nine to one Oho area code.
Speaker 5: And hey, I'm that guy.
Speaker 1: Which guy are you?
Speaker 3: Because I can't see that on the Cody.
Speaker 6: Oh you're the guy, Cody.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're the guy who emailed never.
Speaker 6: Got a call back from you, So I just figured how to call in and let it be a name.
Speaker 1: This it set okay, hang on just a second, Hang on just a second. So I want to be Pete to set up the story. But let me let me just explain that it is my fault that I did not get back to you. I had. Did you hear the story about knockdown?
Speaker 5: Yes? I did.
Speaker 6: You had bigger worries.
Speaker 5: It's all good, brother, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean they were checking me for a brain bleed and all that, and I was unable to do just about anything for over a week. So you know, I'm just starting to.
Speaker 6: Recall all good brother, all good.
Speaker 5: You know, and I'm not usually a big I just wanted to, you know, I just wanted to let be Pete know that we got it settled, all right.
Speaker 1: So for the listener, let's set it up. Be Pete. I want you to take this over. Because we started out the Naked News probably more than a year ago, and the very first news story that we covered with this is back when nature Boy was with us a lot on Friday nights, was about a guy and according to the news story, I don't have it in front of me, but my memory says there was a guy who was naked banging on trailer doors in some area, and why was he doing that? He needed a car, and he went to a couple of different doors and winds up stealing a car at some point. Then also winds up swimming in like a lake or a river and trying to get away from the cops, and he gets arrested naked, And of course my big questions were, why the hell is this guy naked in the first place, What in the world is going on?
Speaker 3: Well, no, he.
Speaker 2: Didn't, he didn't get No, he didn't get arrested baked. Okay, Okay, this is why I don't memory of this story came to the Naked News.
Speaker 1: Okay, go for it, people.
Speaker 2: I was reading through headlines and I was checking state headlines, and they had a story about a woman who, through her ring camera, captured the image of a guy that was trying to get into her camper. Up in the area where this took place, a lot of people live in campers pretty much year round. I mean they you know, I have an apartment, You've got a nice motor home, you park it.
Speaker 3: You know, you got a car to get around, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Anyway, there's a place right down the street from there, there's a whole lot. There's a whole lot devoted to exactly that, right down the street from me here where it's just all mobile. Matter of fact, some of them are repurposed FEMA trailers. Literally, they were the FEMA trailers that got sent down south and then they got you know, walked around in some other flood and they ended up being sold at auction. And this guy lined them up on a piece of property and has created a little like trailer park of sorts right down the street from me, so I know exactly, and the people lived there year round exactly. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: What amazed me this guy, he tries to get in, he gets scared off, he swims, He jumps in and swims the French Broad River naked, okay, and they lose track of him. But through through pictures that were captured, they were able to arrest this guy later on, and then you know the whole story of his trier record and all this. Anyway, that's what that's what stood out to me to present on Naked News. If you've been up in that area, the French Broad River in most places pretty damn wide, and I think at the time of year that this took place, you know, it wasn't exactly dead a summer, I'm not sure, but I thought anybody that's willing to do.
Speaker 3: That at night, that's a brave individual. Naked or not.
Speaker 2: Right, but still never that nobody would ever explain. Even after they arrested the guy and they had him on you know, we counted charges. You know, he was up to like what fifty something, and in none of that in any of the stories. I even wrote a couple of newspapers and the TV station up there to try to get info on this guy, right, and nobody could answer the question of why the ali ended up naked.
Speaker 3: That's what fascinated me.
Speaker 6: Well, I got a boy, Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 4: I got the scoop.
Speaker 1: Okay, now now you got the scoop because BPTE did this and I went to these there's a local news app collective that I was supposed to be doing work with and they had the story also, but they just picked it up from somewhere else. Every avenue we tried here, tried looking up the public records, you know how you can look up somebody in jail. We tried looking that stuff up. B Pete was pursuing it. Like he said, he contacts TV radio. Nobody has the answer. Now, we had other stories. My favorite one is the guy who was just like sitting there smoking with no pants on, hanging out in his car. I can't remember what happened with that story, but it was pretty wild. And even during all this, in the middle of a show one night, missus O go's to get you know, Hamburger's at a Wendy's and there's a woman and not a woman you want to see stripping, just straight up ripping her clothes off right at the Wendy's drive through in making Georgia here right. So we had naked news of our own. We had and we kept getting these news stories of just people involved in and crimes where they're naked during the crime or during the arrest or whatever. And it's just become a thing. And literally this guy launched it because this is where everybody's cracking up. We had a good time with it. You know, it's like crazy, and still we don't get answers as to why and how a lot of them are naked until we dig a little. But the very first guy, we never got the story. Why is this guy naked for God's sake. Okay, so you said your name's Cody, right, Oh no, you're chased the guy we're talking about his Cody. See, I look for hitting the head guy.
Speaker 6: By the way, if uh it's not Pickard, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: But you have to understand. You know, we're dealing with people from different areas, and a lot of people, you know, they like to put the pronun down here. We know it's picker That's all right.
Speaker 1: When I when I moved it when I moved, I hear you look when I moved to North Carolina, because I lived in North Carolina for like like two years. And when I lived in North Carolina, I mean I had people laughing at me because I said Alton. The guy's name is Alton, right, And I said Alton because it looks like Alton to me on paper. What how what did you just say, like like spoken totally foreign language. I'm like, what Alton? No, that's Alton.
Speaker 2: It was all it would have two Al's not one.
Speaker 6: Well you're forgiving you You've only been here half your life, so you can still get away with getting it wrong.
Speaker 2: But yeah, mister.
Speaker 6: Square Away is pickered until Mike it's not medding or me bane, it's medding.
Speaker 1: Okay. Look, and again I've only been here.
Speaker 6: He'll get what I'm talking about. He'll know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You got it. But I'm only here. I'm only here a quarter of my life, just to keep the record straight. So most of my life, I got it. Yeah, most got a couple.
Speaker 2: I got a couple of questions. I gotta ask Chase. First off, Okay, his girlfriend still in jail? Or has she gone through her court cases yet?
Speaker 6: That I cannot tell you.
Speaker 4: I hadn't. I got what I.
Speaker 6: Could get out of this cat, but that was not part of the information.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, and that was another.
Speaker 2: I've read the email of the Chuck Sepney, and so you know now that I read that.
Speaker 3: It makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so bypically makes sense. I could see this happening, him coming out of his clothes because I'll tell you what, I don't want to get hit with anything.
Speaker 3: The bear spray, I hear you.
Speaker 1: But look, you're spoiling it now. Let Chase, you know, Let Chase give the scoop man he brought us to scoop. Let him drop it because we've been waiting like two years at least.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, it's been along and I've been waiting for a conclusion for me to come in, and it just so happened after that last little talk about it, dude, that my wife has gotten into business with about making shirts and stuff like that, and we just got talking about some old friends and it just popped up and he told me that he talked to Cody recently, and yeah, basically, the he was messing around with some stuff and somebody decided to hit him with some bear spray and he went on a frantic run to sign the way to take a shower.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he's banging on the trailer. Yeah, I was gonna ask a questions, Is that all right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Go ahead, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So he's banging on the trailer doors to try and get somebody to let him use a shower, even though he's buck naked already. And the reason why he's buck naked is because he stripped his clothes off because they had bear spray all over him, and he's just looking for some relief, right, Okay. Now, then the funny thing to combine this was that we had a follow up and it's like, oh wait, his girlfriend's also like up on some other charges too, And it was this whole thing, and like I said, we've been in a holding pattern about this for like two years.
Speaker 2: I mean problem was, here's the problem.
Speaker 3: They're converting.
Speaker 2: The court system in North Carolina is converting to this electronic online scheduling deal where it's a portal you can go in find the information you want on court cases, but also if you have to file documents or pay a fine or something like this, that they're coordinating all this stuff electronically. So the system that's in place now you can go and search for court calendars and you have to do it by county superior or district court. Well, you go to this website and you punch both. You put in the name, and then it searches. Well, some counties now are not on that old list because they've been moved to the new digital list. Okay, so you have to kind of search both, but they're only taking certain regions or court districts I guess at a time, So I was bouncing back and forth. The problem with the old system was is that if your court date comes up and it gets continued or you get found guilty or whatever, the disposition is it may take another two weeks before, like if you get it continued, it may take two weeks before you show up on the new calendar with your new court dates for all of the charges that they're continuing. So we had moments where for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: We couldn't find any info. Right.
Speaker 2: It was then that I was able to find that he was still residing in the local jail, so you can search that database. You can also search the central prison database. So it was a constant check to see where he was at in the system. But I have to ask, has anybody checked to see if he has the record for existing charges before going to court, because I would think he'd be close to setting one.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say so because a lot of times you could literally traumatize a crowd of people and they'll give you a charge for every person that's been traumatized.
Speaker 3: For that area.
Speaker 2: No, I don't mean Nason Watt, I mean up for the Ashville area. I mean he was looking at fifty some are charges listed, and I don't think they had everything listed at anyone given time.
Speaker 3: Even That's why I was asking in these papers.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that's why what is it? Channel twelve?
Speaker 3: Is that a Nashville?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I think it is. Anyway, I was taught, you know, sending emails into them, seeing if some would come up with him. I guess it wasn't an intriguing story for them.
Speaker 1: Well it was good.
Speaker 3: Luckily came across the disposition of it.
Speaker 2: And now that I've had my main question to answer, oh.
Speaker 3: I could relax.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I figured you get some relief. Yeah. Well, I wouldn't put it past him to, you know, be breaking up in some stuff. But uh, you know, it sounded like he was telling a friend the true story. So I just I wist stick with that. It sounds good.
Speaker 1: So does he does he know he's been the topic of discussion on a on a show like constantly. Does he know any of that? Do you know?
Speaker 6: No, he doesn't as far as I'm concerned, or you know, it just was happenstance that this dude came in and I didn't really know him, but knew of him, and he just you know, let it go, say not fair enough, you know how thanks for going to pop out.
Speaker 1: See you know what's great about this? Be Pete? What I always say to you is that even though you know people say, oh, you know, not too many people listen to it. You never know who could be listening to a.
Speaker 2: Show exactly exactly that. It's a small world anyway to look at it. But it also saves another dilemma. I was with it explained, swim in the French Broad River. He couldn't find a shower wash.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's long.
Speaker 6: It's hard to find a shower when somebody is holding the gun. It's sice. I'm sure somebody over there had something.
Speaker 1: Well, you know. That's the thing is now, was he armed? Was he one of the armed? I don't remember if he was armed during this, I don't think so that.
Speaker 6: Well, it would be in the list of charges, I'm sure, but.
Speaker 2: I know I don't think he was well when the Ring Cameron caught him, he really didn't have a hole stra on, so I don't know where he would add his weapon.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's the thing. He could have just known there no much you know, he he could have been just carrying it, you know what I'm saying. But the other thing is, look, I mean, did they get him with any possession charges at all? Because I mean I'd be standing there going, Look, how can I possess anything? No pockets? Right?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: What they?
Speaker 6: Whatever?
Speaker 1: The stole?
Speaker 5: Whoever?
Speaker 6: Whatever the clothes he put on was tight, and that's what he got caught with.
Speaker 1: Wow. So you're saying to me that if he got a possession charge, it was like in the clothes of the person that he lifted them from. That's just some more bad luck right there. Oh man, I this to me is unbelievable. So are there any other details here? And I hope none of them are juicy? But are there any other details that you can lay on us here?
Speaker 6: No, not on that specifically. But the school we went to was the school that I think last year had the people blowing up toilets. I don't know if y'all cover that.
Speaker 1: Y'all cover that we did cover blowing So I remember we did do some exploding toilet story BP, didn't we?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I feel like you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we hit on that too. It's you know, it was funny years ago when when chat was getting going on Yahoo and things like that, we had some regulars that would hang out in some rooms. And you know, now you hear all the stuff about Florida man and all these things, that go on in Florida. Before Florida Man came along. This guy had a theory that no matter what the atrocity, there was always going to be a line back to North Carolina somewhere.
Speaker 6: Florida Man, But North Carolina Man, we got our own stores.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I think we kind of started this trend long before Florida ever got popular, because he would come up with these off the walls worries of something that happened in history and be able to trace it back to somebody here in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Well, it was just amazing how many things out.
Speaker 2: Of North Carolina connect. Well.
Speaker 1: See speaking of that, Speaking of that, I've always said because I'm you know, I'm I grew up in Jersey, right, and I always bring that up. Deal is though, is that I used to say that about Jersey is no matter what you do, uh, if there is something you know, shady or crazy or what you know, because people make fun of Jersey because it's next to the big city, it's next to the money, it's next to where you know, even even our our our mobcats are weird, right, you know, like Vinnie Ocean. You know what I'm saying. Uh, The Cavalcafia Di Cavalcante family as opposed to you know, not the Sopranos on TV. But you know what I'm saying, It's like we always have the ugly stepchild. It always goes to Jersey, right, But there's always a connection with like the most nefarious, far out stuff. They either use to live in Jersey, they spent time in Jersey. Some of the connections were made in Jersey. I mean, there's even a couple of Weird New Jersey connections to the Kennedy assassination. Right, It's like all weird roads lead through New Jersey. There used to be a magazine called Weird New Jersey too, by the way, it was popular. He gave him a TV show a couple of years ago, maybe ten, ten, fifteen years ago, but that thing was around for like decades. Weird New Jersey anyways. I always said that about Jersey though. But Florida, Florida is a you know, pick them. You can always find Florida's.
Speaker 2: Stories for sure.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you remember the transfer truck or not transfer truck, but the delivery truck that got stole in Burlington, North Carolina. I'll go and throw it out there they got stolen, was driving around reckless.
Speaker 1: And you remember that story, not me?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. Also, hey remember the old dum Remember the young armored car robbery. The guy down in King's Mountain where they came confiscated his velvet elvis.
Speaker 1: They confiscated his velvet.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that one. Yeah, this was a while back. A guy worked for one of the armored car companies and somehow he worked he worked it out that he was able to get into one of the vaults that didn't have camera coverage of it and loaded up a bunch of loot and then somehow didn't show up for work the next day. And so they started investigating the guy and he spent the money on he see, he bought his wife a new set of boobs, he bought elvis. Oh yeah, you gotta, you know, you gotta make the life happy. And they finally busted the guy and then they were asking, you know, well, can confiscate the boobs back because they were just implants, you know. So it really got wild. But the funny thing was is when they listed all the property that they pulled out of the house, the velvet elvis was one of them, and I don't know what how much how much do you spend for velvet elvis nowadays?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they got to be real expensive. Yeah, okay, so let's do an inventory velvet Elvis, two titties. Uh did he buy a card night? Did't buy a car? You know?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, if he bought a couple of vehicles. I think he bought some four wheelers, you know, because the neighbors were suddenly Wow, did he hit the lottery?
Speaker 3: M No, he just brought it home from work.
Speaker 1: Yep, there you go. When I worked security, Yeah, when I worked security, I mean there were always little plots where you'd set up the vulnerable pick for somebody to rob, you know, when you were suspecting that they were casing and trying to you know, hit a place over and over again. They used to set them up like that where it's like purposely you let it be known amongst people that you know, there's no no good camera coverage over here, or the locks or you know, they don't use all the locking mechanisms over there where the guards never guard this place. Yeah, and you like kind of you know, set it up so that he got a vulnerable spot. And it draws out the guy who was really gonna hit you hard. Those kind of things.
Speaker 2: I'm a good example of that. When I was working for the Highway Department, our office was located next to a minimum security prison, and so they used prison inmates to go out and work on some of the road projects. They acted as flaggers and things like that. One day, we get to work and we're standing out on the back loading dock and a guy looked out at one of the trucks. And these crew trucks were basically dump trucks that had compartments in them to carry chainsaws and things of that nature that you would if there was either storm damage or you're out there you know, a tree comes down a storm, you know, in the middle of the road has got to be cleared. Anyway, all these trucks were outfitted with chainsaws and things like that.
Speaker 3: This guy notices one of.
Speaker 2: The doors on one of those compartments is down, so he goes in and says, hey, everybody, go check your trucks. Apparently somebody's been going through compartments. They go and look, there's like seven chainsaws missing and some other tools and stuff. So they go, now, this is a prison right next to our yard. There's cameras everywhere. This guy was able to get in, go through nine different trucks and remove over like eighteen nineteen different items and get them out of there and was never caught on video. One instance, they happened to turn in one of the chainsaws to a pawn shop, and the guy that ran our shop, whenever we got new equipment in, he would find somewhere to put an identifier for state property. Apparently he had taken the breather cover off and putting one in there. You know where your air filter is. So when this guy, you know, and they send notes out all the time, pawnshops be on the lookout for this that. Anyway, the guy that pawnshop called him, he went up there and looked at it. Sure enough, the guy popped the cover off and there was a state identifier on the inside of it. So they traced the guy down. Come to find out he was an inmate there like two years before this happened, and he remembered the layout. And you imagine going through a dot equipment yard in a prison compound and.
Speaker 3: Never be caught on camera. This guy knew exactly what he was doing.
Speaker 1: He had to know the exact layout.
Speaker 2: If it hadn't been for that sticker in the chainsaw, nobody would have ever gotten a phone call. He'd probably got away with it.
Speaker 1: See are you talking about WLOS that TV you were looking for in Nashville or is that a different one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is an astolin And then I think it's set on twelve.
Speaker 1: Let's see channel. I believe that's what it said. Let me check here, here's an ABC station thirteen news thirteen thirteen. Is that it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I contacted them, contacted the newspaper up there, several people trying to get some information on the whole story, but I had one it did write me back and say, you know, it was apparently it was continued. I happened to be in court that day and when the case come up, I paid attention and it was continued. So that's when I knew, Okay, there's a break in the calendar, so just anticipate whenever it gets continued.
Speaker 3: And it went almost three years.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: It's been a while. I know that much.
Speaker 3: That's a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, he had what was a seven hundred and SidD days of pre trial confinement that went towards a sentence. So yeah, it was about almost three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were figuring that out too, that he had already served two years and.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, yea man.
Speaker 2: And so it was a few months after the him getting captured on the ring camera that they finally arrested and that's when they connected into all of these break ins.
Speaker 1: And stuff, and that's when the girlfriend thing like came out somehow.
Speaker 2: There was right, Yeah, she was involved in some of the latter stuff. And apparently they were, I don't know, trying to apprehend him or something, and he had a car, took the he drove towards one of the sheriff's deputies.
Speaker 3: So they charged him with assault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because it was a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there was.
Speaker 2: A couple of stolen car charges and apparently he had had some break ins when he was back in the Greensboro area before he moved up towards Asshills.
Speaker 3: I had a history.
Speaker 1: No, he was he was busy, you know, but.
Speaker 6: What's that, Chase, I said, Yeah, he's been a busy boy for a long time.
Speaker 5: But you know, it is what it is, and.
Speaker 6: I'll service time, it'll be what it'll be.
Speaker 2: Are you up there in that in the Ashville area.
Speaker 6: No, I'm in Burlington.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, oh yeah, all right, I know where you're at.
Speaker 1: It because he was originally.
Speaker 2: I think I think his original charges and all were I want to say Adaman's County, but it may have been Guildford County. No, and then I guess he moved west.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure he's got a long, long script for that.
Speaker 1: There you go. When I lived in North Carolina, I lived in Kinston, which be familiar with.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's Kingston where my mom was from.
Speaker 3: She was from Kentslon.
Speaker 2: That's what calls us to move back to North So you go.
Speaker 1: So, anyway, anything anything else on your mind, Chase before we go to another caller.
Speaker 6: No, Man, that pretty much covers it. I just wanted to let it known, let it be known, and that's it.
Speaker 1: Well. I appreciate it, man. I love it when people call in with you know, I happen to know the story. It's happened a couple of times on this on my show where people are like, hey, I know that person, I know that place, uh, so on and so forth. You know, even though.
Speaker 6: I've told a lot of mutual friends about it, and they get a kick out of it. But uh yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Well great, Look, if any of if any of Chase's friends are listening here and uh you know, happen to know something by all means, you know, call in, maybe you got something to add to that story. Well not only.
Speaker 2: That, well, not only that, you know, it's nice to have somebody here local to me listening to the show. I just you know, I appreciate you, Chase.
Speaker 3: You have performed a great service because.
Speaker 2: Like I said, you have taken a load.
Speaker 3: Off my mind.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking about that causely like, wow, did this happen? So now I know and it all makes sense.
Speaker 3: So thank you for But.
Speaker 1: What's that, James, didn't hear you said?
Speaker 6: As soon as I heard the conversation, I was like, this is this has got to be be explained.
Speaker 1: Well, I definitely definitely.
Speaker 2: To invite you back. You know, the nice thing about Fridays are we discuss anything and everything. It all depends on the callers or whatever topic they want to bring in. So I invite you and any of your friends to join us on Friday nights and become a regular around here because literally we discuss anything.
Speaker 1: And everything, right exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, certainly plenty of stuff that we talked about.
Speaker 5: I hit you back.
Speaker 1: Sounds good to me. Uh, you know, every everybody's welcome, and you don't have to have a naked story that you know, BP can't get off his mind, as you said, so you know you can call in with other things something.
Speaker 6: You go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, Chase, I cut you off again. You you died out when I was talking. Good? What were we saying?
Speaker 6: I said, I may come up with some some close stories as well, but okay, I'll have a good night.
Speaker 1: Sounds good, Chase, Again, many thanks for calling in and emailing and letting us know because that that was that was definitely a point of interest for this show. So there you go. We got the guy. I was starting to talk to you about it and the guy called in. How about that?
Speaker 2: Definitely great?
Speaker 4: That was great.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you say. He's calling in and and I hope he comes back and joins.
Speaker 1: Us right now. I put him on hold, so if he hangs around, I mean, I can bring you back on too. But we got other callers, or at least one other caller right now, so I'm gonna get to him. And it is the mighty, Jimmy James, I think, how you doing? Man?
Speaker 4: Oh God, surprise call him, man, do good. Don't let that Chase go nowhere.
Speaker 5: No, this is the way you need me.
Speaker 4: I'm the interrogator. You forgot he's from North Carolina. We gotta get to the bottom of these Victorian ghost tours.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I forgot to ask him about that. He hung up, by the way. But anyway, that's all right. If Chase wants to call back, maybe he knows about.
Speaker 2: The a minute Victorian, I thought they were civil war.
Speaker 1: I was just agreeing with Jimmy James. Yeah, they're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be okay, But I mean, well, let's get because am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Was a civil war?
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: It was, because Victorian that's a little bit before our time.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's it's definitely well plus you know there was there white people here then I don't know anyway, So yeah, no, if he if he knows about the traveling Phantom hookers there in North Carolina, let me know, Chase, call back in or call another week, whatever you want. If you know anything about that anyway, believe it.
Speaker 4: At anyone, anyone in North Carolina and the nose to scoot call in please.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but yeah, I guess that would be No.
Speaker 2: The Civil War would be right damn near smack in the middle of it. The Victorian Era was from eighteen thirty seven and nineteen oh one, so yes, you're right, Victorian era.
Speaker 1: So actually, Jimmy James is right. Okay, fair enough. You know, I'm sure that wasn't the primary thing on your mind, though, Jimmy, what what you got on your mind?
Speaker 4: Oh? Not much? Happy Bride the thirteenth to everyone. If I had money, I'd buy a lotary tickets, be Lucky Day. Hey, it is is a good day. I like their teens good.
Speaker 1: Stuff absolutely so anything else?
Speaker 4: He oh, I got lots of things. What about James Earl, James Jones passing away? Darth Vader?
Speaker 1: Yes, the voice of Darth Vader no longer with us. What you think about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's shocking. I just in a peculiar oh and a colorar story. Coincidentally, even before the poor guy died, I have an appointment when the town I'm going to, he's got a he already had a stat he's got a memorial setup. I was already gonna visit that since I had to go there anyway for medical stuff.
Speaker 1: Wait, he had a memorial there already. He just died.
Speaker 6: I yeah he was.
Speaker 4: Hey, he's a living legend. Here's the deal. He's a Michigan boy. Actually, I don't know if he was born here, but he definitely spent time here because he went to like a high school. Was not really here. It's like one hundred miles away, and I was happening to go a medical appointment that way. Anyways, what it is is when he was in high school, he had a teacher that really inspired him to get into literature and acting. So what the memorial shows is a young him sitting on a park bench looking and listening to the guy that was the teacher from the school from like a hundred years ago or you know whatever, constructing a young That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually born in Mississippi, but he went to the University of Michigan.
Speaker 1: Huh learn something new all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I guess there's a little, pretty cool little memorial there where I'm going. So I am going to visit that. I had that mining before the poor guy passed. Uh. Glad to finally hear what the devil happened to you, chuck. Yet again, it seems like you were more or less collateral damage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, I don't know what to make of it. It's just that it was rough man, and uh, you know, I feel stupid. I told the doctor, I feel stupid explaining to you. I'm all messed up because somebody, you know, they didn't hit me with a truck. But uh, nonetheless it did did some good damage. You know.
Speaker 2: A little fact for Jimmy James here that at the age of five, Jones was raised by his maternal grandparents, John Henry and Maggie Connolly on their farm Dublin, Michigan. They had moved up from Mississippi during the Great Migration, and apparently moving to Michigan was kind of traumatic on him, and.
Speaker 3: He developed a stutter. But he was able to get over there.
Speaker 2: And he graduated from Dixon Rural Agricultural School in Brethren, Michigan.
Speaker 3: No kidding, he was vice president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was vice president of his class and went on to the University of Michigan.
Speaker 1: So he developed that stutter later. And like I always think of little kids as having the stutter, you know, it's not something you usually developed later but I guess she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his father was an actor. His father, says Robert Earl Jones' father was because in Langston Hughes production of Don't You Want to Be Free. His dad was a boxer, a butler, and a show for and he left shortly after James Earl's birth and later became a stage of screen actor in New York and Hollywood. They didn't get to know each other. He didn't even know his dad until the fifties when they reconcile.
Speaker 1: What what did he die of? Actually, you know that that was something I thought about and didn't get back to. When James Earl Jones died. What is it that killed him?
Speaker 3: Had health?
Speaker 2: Let's see, he had health and had health problems here.
Speaker 5: I think the past couple.
Speaker 3: Of years has said, let's see see.
Speaker 1: I know there was yeah, I know there were some lingering health problems. Because that's what made it an issue where they kind of pushed to get his AI recordings done so that if Disney wants to use Darth Vader in the future, they'll still be able to source James Earl James Earl Jones's voice, So they've actually made recordings so that you know, if they make a Darth Vader movie four years from now, they'll have James James Earl Jones's voice. Did you know about it?
Speaker 4: Actually they make Star Wars films. They pumpeding those babies out, well, one every three months. Yeah, they bought the right to the man's voice, which makes me wonder what CNN is going to do. Do they have to pay them a fee?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Well, after all, that's him this CNN.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there might be a It depends on how the contract is structured, because they could have, you know, the broadcast rights and all that, because you have to buy all that when you buy somebody's voice. I only know this because I've actually done some voiceover work. But you have to buy the rights for Europe and for America at the very least if you're going to be in the English speaking world, broadcast just about anywhere. And so there's broadcast rights, and then there's you know, rights for distributing a recording of it and what its use is and all that. Given that he did that scene n saying way back, they probably had to allow and his voice had been used many times you know over the years outside of Darth Vader. It's not like they have a lock on his voice completely. I don't think, you know, because that would mean if somebody plays geez, what would be a good example of him outside of that, like if they that Baseball movie he did? Right, So if Disney doesn't own it already, what's that.
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: You go? I mean, but the movie studio, if Disney doesn't own it already, they don't have to like pay them, you know what I mean. They don't have to pay in order to say, release a DVD or a digital download a Field of Dreams anymore. They're not paying James Earl Jones when they still prop it off with that, you know what I mean. So there's all different ways this goes. But I'm thinking CNN probably it's not a big deal, especially because it's under or a minute. If they just used the bumpers he did, and the most famous thing is this is CNN, you know, in his uh, in his signature voice. But there there's something else I was trying to think of that he did. Well.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite thing that he'll ever do is Doctor Strangelow. He had the last the last line that's always stuck in my mind. Hey, where's Major Kong of course he had been dumped out with the nuclear bomb and the major calls riding the bomb, right, that.
Speaker 1: Was his doctor was his film debut, and uh, you know, I mean he was coming to America. I mean it's it's immense all the stuff he was in, Uh, you know, coming to America. The most recent one he was in. Uh. He was the voice of the the the what the lion on Lion King? You know, the father lion u Mufasa? Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And what's that slong on the line that always get mixed up with no passmatatas man. That song really mixed me up, man, which like I'll be trying to come up with the real words and like that stupid song will come into my head and be like, oh wait, I can't say that. What that don't sound right? That's stupid Lion King.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. You got me confused, right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: It's the song and the Lion King. Let's what's your song? No blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: What uh blah blah blah blah blah blah. Okay, I'm trying to think. Uh, I can't wait. I can't wait to be killing that one was it? You know, I'm not I'm not singing this stuff real real, well, okay, and I do it a few times. Let's try again. I can't wait to be king that one.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I swear it. I was like, I think that was there like a monkey or something helping him or some such thing. And he was singing basically town and not to worry about crap, but any lay the song.
Speaker 1: What he says, akuna matata.
Speaker 4: There you figure that out after.
Speaker 1: Tata's Okay, now I got it. Throws Well, you know, I don't have lion lion king songs and references are not exactly at the top of my mental index, you know what I mean. It's just it's a little ways away. I thought it was. Actually I thought that was a very good movie. I'm not a huge Disney guy.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 4: M she but I've seen clip and I've heard the music, and it's been bad enough to stick in my head. I know a lot of things. I alright, I should not have to know. You know what snooky is.
Speaker 3: I could define a snooky.
Speaker 1: You can you can tell me what a snooky is.
Speaker 4: He was into it, even though I've never watched that program in my life, and yet I know all about these people somehow.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, maybe.
Speaker 5: Talk about the tradition.
Speaker 4: You want to talk the weekend, but you want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, here's what I want to talk about. Conan the Barbarian James Earl Jones was in. That was one of my favorite roles of his.
Speaker 4: What with Arnold?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Conan the Barbarian, He's the main He's the main. He's the main bad guys. He's the main bad guy. He is, uh what do they call him false doom I think or something like that. He's the he's the main black guy with this with the Snake cult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you remember that scene where his face changes from James Earl Jones into the Python.
Speaker 1: I gotta say I don't remember that scene on the top of my head. But at the.
Speaker 2: Temple when wait a minute, when Conan goes to a kick ass at the Temple, there's that scene where James Earl Jones there's a shot of an almost profile and his face morphs into the snake.
Speaker 1: It's when he's breaking when he when he's breaking in and then him and the girl killed the giant snake. That part, Yeah, Okay, okay, yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, there we go. I have it correct. Thalsa doom with the thh falsa doom. What's the name of that character James Earl Jones played in Conan the Barbarian. Yeah, he's the main bad guy, the guy who shows up and slaughters Conan's family when he's a kid, even.
Speaker 4: Is him well then with them? Yeah, we kind of a reoccurring thing with his character.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there there's a lot of weird stuff. And another favorite thing of mine from James Earl Jones if I think about it, is, uh, the Simpsons. He did a reading of the Raven for the first three House of Hers. That's his voice doing the Edgar Allan Poe reading quote the Raven.
Speaker 4: Well that's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And a guy that's yeah not no good voice like James Errol that he pant to say, James Earl Rack. James Earl Jones. Another guy that I like and I think actually should have been the successor to Jeopardy because I think he did the best job was what's his name from Rae and Rainbow and Stark Trek. He's got LeVar Burton. Yeah, LeVar Burton. Now he's said a podcast for several years, LeVar Barton reeves, and it's almost like being a kid listening to him on Reading Rainbow. It's like somehow comfortable. Anyways, when he guests hosted that show, I think he kicked but really, you guys.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that, but I but I like LeVar Burton, I always have. You know, He's not my favorite Star Trek character or anything. But he was in He was in Roots also with James James was also in Roots. But was he in the same Roots as Lebar Burton, because remember there was like a y yeah the first one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was the one with Whoop being album. That was a pretty big movie for a TV thing.
Speaker 1: Well in the nineteen seventies, right right, Yeah, So I mean, you know, you're talking the same and he's a lot of these people were not even that big a deal yet, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most of them were bought on the cheap, I mean compared.
Speaker 1: To well, compared to what they would get later in their careers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see. Oh, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: That looking at his IMDb bill, Yeah, looking at Jail James, looking at James Earl Jones, ID IMDb. Uh, he shows up on the first credits that he has as an actor, actually on soap operas. In nineteen sixty six. He was on Guiding Light As the World Turns, and then he's in a couple other things, Look Up and Live, East Side, West Side, then Doctor Strangelove as Lieutenant.
Speaker 4: Luther's Glove was shot in sixty three and were released in sixty four. Yeah, well they break up and then movies.
Speaker 1: Well, they're mixed together on this list I have here, but yeah, Strange Live is nineteen sixty four, though you're right about that, but they haven't mixed up here on this IMDb page. I'm on. I don't know why, but a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of trick.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that he was that he narrated the raven on The Simpsons. He was actually in all three of those segments. He'sa the only actor to have that claim. He was, that's right, the moving man in one section, and.
Speaker 1: The voice of Maggie, the voice of Maggie.
Speaker 2: It's a preparer in Hungary of the Damn and then the raven section.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well he does the voice of Maggie at one point too.
Speaker 3: Where she that was a treehouse of four or five there you go.
Speaker 1: That's that's another great one. She pulls out the passive fire because they've faked us out a few times with that where you know she's never said a word. You know, in forty years now, these characters haven't done, they haven't grown. Still in second grade kind of sucks, huh.
Speaker 2: But I cannot find his cause of deaths. Apparently the family did not release that info when't they? Hey, the announcement.
Speaker 1: Also, let's see James Earl Jones reads the Bible was something that was done in two thousand and three. Heah a great voice.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken. I think he did the alphabet on Sesame Street like their second episode.
Speaker 8: I think Hugh to look at Oh yeah, I forgot I remember that BP.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that checks out.
Speaker 1: I also see he was in one of the Judge Dread movies. Which one was in.
Speaker 3: The first one, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh? He was probably in the Stallone incarnation in ninety five because let me see here Judge Dread, Judge Dread director writers yep, stars Sylvester Stallone. Yep. That one's pretty pretty wild with the ABC robot. That's a good one, actually, I kind of I kind of like that although Stallone doing Judge read was kind of goofy Adrian, No judge.
Speaker 4: Dread not anymore. Ooo, now you're fried cook.
Speaker 1: You're either doing cook. You see he's got some he's got some ridiculous uh movie on excuse me, TV show on one of the streaming services. He's supposed to be some mafia guy. Yes, Tulsa King, Stallone, Tulsa King.
Speaker 2: Oh well, as long as he can.
Speaker 1: The merse the commercial they keep ramming down my throat is he keeps uh, he walks out and does the typical you know, pull on the suit like Italians do a lot. You know, it solves a lot of problems with goods back in the chops, and he walks out, you know, through a jail cell. I'm like, I just I can't buy Sly as a mob guy. It's just not working for me anyway, Jimmy, I'm gonna put you on hold. We got another caller, and uh, I hope I didn't keep him on too long. He's a wireless I don't see who he is. So I'm gonna go ahead and drop you in the whole section and uh, maybe we'll go over some other stuff. How did we get on James. Oh, did you mention that he died be Peter? Did Jimmy James, Jimmy James, Jimmy James, Jimmy James bringing that topic up. We got an update from a second hand source, which is close. We're gonna get with our original naked news man. And now we got and unidentified callers. So you're live, Yes, make o cheese? Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Did I miss the part of have y'all already discussed you know about the cat barbecue? And I'll let up Springfield, Ohio? Allow this gray hashing or yall can get around that.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 5: I was eating the dogs?
Speaker 1: You know I did not get there, but just for you, my friend is Springfield.
Speaker 2: They're eating the dogs, they're eating the cats, They're eating.
Speaker 1: The pens of the people that lives there.
Speaker 2: They're eating the dogs, they're eating the cats, they're eating compens of the people that lives there.
Speaker 1: Hey, and if you don't like that one, okay, in Springfield, like they're eating the dog. I like that people that came in, they're eating.
Speaker 2: The cans, they're eating they're.
Speaker 4: Eating the people that live there.
Speaker 1: And this is what's happening in I'm not change and it's a shame.
Speaker 2: I just want to clearim.
Speaker 9: I hear you bring up Springfield, Ohio and ABC Newston Free Challenge and the city manager there he told us there have been no credible reports at the Pacific Times of pens be harm entured or abused by individuals in the immigrant community.
Speaker 1: Fell was taken and okay, just maigre, don't throw that in there for you, harlan. Somebody mentioned a reggae version. Maybe I gotta find it. No, we didn't go there yet, but go ahead up to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean I saw the chosen when they mentioned that. Now you've got a lot of people, you know, swearing up banished the gospel. You know, there's a few videos and pictures you know, rolling around, and you've got a lot of other people swearing it down. It's just more of a just a conspiracy and just bullshit, you know, trying to smare Kamala.
Speaker 1: But you know, well typically I'm used to uh, you know, the the old urban legends, right and and people will look, can tell you, look, do you see any cats anywhere near that Chinese food place? They'll tell you that all the time.
Speaker 2: Now, as has anybody heard whether Alex Jones or oh crap, what's her name on MSNBC Rachel Maddow has either one of them covered it, because I've heard. I've heard this just the other day, I busted out laft. The only difference between Alex.
Speaker 3: Jones and.
Speaker 2: What's your name on cn then is the haircut. So if they haven't covered it is really truly a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Rachel Maddow and Alex Jones. If they haven't covered it, it's not true conspiracy. I can go for that. Yeah, that makes sense. Why not? Mhmm?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Fair enough? Right Ireland?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they're they're eating a dog and no high, you know, And I'm not saying that ain't happenings. They probably you know, eating little ship too, but because it is so high. But but what I don't understand is, like all I've been hearing for several years now that the Old High is the red state utopia of the North. I mean, how can this happen, you know, in MYGA country.
Speaker 1: Well, there's somebody here to my wants that out to me.
Speaker 5: I mean, is this is this one of these deals and we're just gonna blame the Democrats, you know, or somebody gonna have to met to no high in his red So what they lit all like? I mean, I don't know. I just get confused, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Harland, I'm confused to good. Go ahead, you got something else? Head?
Speaker 5: Go yeah, go ahead, go okay, go ay in there. I'll come.
Speaker 1: But all right, listen, I got a weird thing going on, okay with Frankie and and a couple of the kids that you know, he's like around once in a while. He doesn't get out to play with too many other kids, but some of these other kids and and Frankie. There's something going on online on Ohio anyway where they're saying that there's like creepy stuff that happens there and people are getting, you know, somehow sucked into video games, and slender Man is out there in Ohio now and like all this creeptastic weirdness. There's there's a strange like online video game called The back Rooms, and there are people that claim that the real place, even though it's this like weird twisted world where something but empty rooms like in an office building but no windows, and you get stuck in this maze and you could get stuck in there forever and blah blah blah a game. They say, the real live place is in Ohio. And there are kids with YouTube channels go New Ohio to like, you know, let's see, we're gonna be brave and go to Ohio and abandoned houses and see if we can find the real back rooms and stuff like this. I don't know where the trend came from. I asked these kids. They have no idea. I tried looking it up on YouTube. I can't find it. And I tried looking it up elsewhere. I can't find it. But these kids swear to me, No, Ohio's a creepy place. There's crazy things in Ohio. And I've been hearing this for about a year.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, you know when I first started, you know, Trus almost twenty five years ago, Ohio was you know, it was kind of it's fairly hard on truck drivers and Fitch five mile in our spate limits and all that. That started to change, you know, ten twelve years ago. And like I old my man said one time, I'm a sleep radio. He said, you know, so they can raise the spate limit, they can paint a few of these bridges, they can clean up a little bit, so you know it's still a while.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: You know that's that's kind of about you know, that's that's category. All this stuff is in for me back there. And you know COVID the their flag waving governor, he he done some of the worst of me made, did you know, Red state conservatives? So you know, here we are. I mean, if it's true, and I'm not saying that it ain't. And I've seen some of these pictures and these videos that's going around, but ViOS happening.
Speaker 1: The videos, there's videos about the people eating dogs.
Speaker 5: Well, I tell you what I've seen. It's all this busted loose. You know, I've been you know, driving and sleeping. I ain't really had a whole lot of time to put into it with a lot of other stuff. But I tell you what I did see. Okay, I've seen a picture that looked like it wouldn't photoshop that I can send to you. Also, I'll go over and I'll send it to you and you give me your opinion on it here just in a second, I'll send it to you a messenger.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I also saw her on Twitter down in the comments on a post somebody dropped like an eighteen nineteen second video clip that I couldn't get downloaded of a cop checking this woman out and was asking questions and he was taking pictures like of her teeth and her face and it was at night. Okay, But anyway, I saw another picture where it was something similar, but it was in the daytime and it wasn't the same woman. And they're talking about that the cat is dead. I did you know see that on Twitter? And it was a video somebody put in the comments for whatever that's worth.
Speaker 7: Okay, you know, well you look, I see a lot of loose, weird things, you know, pictures people send me they claim it's something and it's not, or you know, they say, oh, this just happened yesterday and you find out that it's an old video.
Speaker 1: You know, weird stuff where people have dubbed sound over things. I mean, I've been through the gamut on this with people trying to send me proof some weird stuff like this. I mean, I want to see what you got. I'll take a look at it.
Speaker 2: But there's some way that we can convert this into a public service. Because back in my days when I used to have to do inspections, on jurisdictional dams. A lot of municipalities and subdivisions and places like that. They have these ponds and grass covered embankments for dams and things like that. And the Canadian geese population has really gotten out of control in a lot of areas. In fact, they're you know, there's companies that you can call to rent border colleagues to come out and run off the Canadian geese. They're real bad on golf courses. They just they cause a lot of damage. They crap everywhere and they tear stuff up. I wondering if we could get some bands of these guys and help them earn their key by sending them around them municipalities and let's cut down on the overpopulation of Canadian geese.
Speaker 3: It kills two birds with one spoone literally.
Speaker 1: Well look, that was another weird thing I was going to bring up here, is that you know where you have, like I don't know if you guys have ever seen a neighborhood that's sort of overrun by stray animals. And no, I'm serious, there's there's places like that. Especially when you end up with like a condemned apartment complex kind of thing, you'll have like a cat sanction rise up if they leave that place in disrepair long enough, and stuff like that starts to happen. And I've seen people even you know, in Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, you know, all these kinds of places. I've seen them turn around and you know, set rabbit traps and stuff to try and catch the cats, to like cut down on them. I've seen people do it. I'm not saying I endorse it, but I've seen people do that. I mean, is it possible.
Speaker 5: That's a no no. That's a no no what they tell me.
Speaker 1: No, it's a no no. And you're supposed to get in serious trouble if you're intentionally out there trying to capture cats. But if you got a rabbit trap out there, you say, look, I'm trying to catch rabbits. I've seen rabbits over here. Uh you know, would it be a problem, right? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, I can tell you for a fact I wasn't involved in this, but I know the Karen that done it. But anyway, if you get a cat that gets caught in one of those traps, and you know, some cat lady up the road, you know, sees it and you know, and and it pisces a moth. You're gonna end up court from what I understand. But that picture I just said, you disregard it. It's probably true, but it's it's not in America because I looked at it better after I sent it to you, and you can tell it somewhere over in Europe because the tag on the front of the vehicles.
Speaker 1: I was gonna point that.
Speaker 5: Out, you can say. And the other one's kind of house smile.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna point that out.
Speaker 5: Anon, more that you have you have a farm, it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of license plate.
Speaker 8: Yeah sorry, go ahead, yeah, yeah, but any more, you know, even he ain't just any more, it's kind of band you know for a while now, I mean, just because he quote Cruiser.
Speaker 5: Says it, does it mean his the gospel? You know what I'm saying. No, I know that, But you got out things just on the rat.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Look, and you gotta fight in both directions. And I'll tell you the truth. I haven't blown this picture up yet that you sent me, but I was getting ready to because the other thing you gotta verify is that that's a cat? Is that a cat? Indeed? You know what I mean? Uh, you don't know until you pop it open. To be honest with you. Right now, I'm picking up that picture and grabbing it and putting it in my uh in one of my programs here and see what I can do with it. But uh, you know.
Speaker 5: But and the other you know kind of related immigrant you know, problematic news. We've been here now for you know, a couple of weeks that the gangs has took over Aurora, Colorado. I can testify that, you know, there's at least one section that they've not that I've not seen. Nobody. Nobody's came outside, you know, when I come up to the warehouse and it's like, man, watch out, you know, the Pennezuelan gangs. You know, we're trying to you know, take over the place. I'm not saying it ain't happening, but I've just not seen it in the part of Aurora where I've been, you know, and for not this week and not last week, but two weeks before that. You know, I went from Aurora Highway to Wheat Ridge and dropped my trailer and went back over to the truck stop and went to sleep and passed out. And you know, I didn't wake up, you know, my head cut off or you.
Speaker 2: Know, anything like that.
Speaker 5: But if it's happening, I just ain't seen it. And I'm not saying it's not happening. But you know, while we're here talking about what's happening and what they did this and they did that, I mean, I can't say that.
Speaker 1: But for for many years, Harlan, you know, forget about we're going to blame the left, We're going to blame the right. We're gonna blame whoever you know, and try and label them. Screw it. Just look at the weirdness that has gone out there and become you know, the meme is stronger than reality always right. Uh, if it catches, it catches. I'll give you the perfect example, and that is sharia law has been in stated in particular places. They would say, you know, and it hasn't. It just hasn't. What do you do with that? It keeps getting repeated up and they go, I don't know that's why.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: It is a fact that they in some municipalities there are seria courts. That's fact.
Speaker 3: Yes, here in the United States.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I don't have anything to battle you with over that, but I will tell you that the existence of such a place in Flint, Michigan was wrong, And that was the biggest one for a bit, you know that they were like, nope, Sharia law is in Flint, Michigan. It was not. You know, the municipality sitting there trying to say, we don't know what you're talking about. They added it to their website, the municipal website, and a contacted you know, lawyers that practice in that area. What in the hell is this about?
Speaker 5: You know it?
Speaker 1: So all I'm saying is that a lot of times things are larger than you know, any reality could possibly be, and you hear it a thousand times and people just assume it's real. Now again, I'm not saying that it's not possible somebody's out there eating cats. But like I told you, I mean i've heard that urban legend. I don't know ever since I was aware there was ees food. Uh you know what I mean, And it is true.
Speaker 5: I've never seen a few stories. Will they will. They've count a few of them doing that. But you know, I mean, I'm still gonna eat China mean hell, and they show us how to cook some of them cats and dogs. Case times gets hard. Is the only thing I know is I want to say this year for a fact, I make plenty of Chinese food, not knowing what was in it. You know, if it was rats, you know, cats, dogs, I don't know. But I can tell you one thing that I have never ate, and it's going to get awful bad, and that is a slimy, greasy A possible.
Speaker 3: I ain't eat, no damn possible. Man.
Speaker 5: I've ate a little bit of anything to walk the crowd, especially back in my younger days. I'm gonna telling you, we never rate no possims.
Speaker 1: Look, I hear you, and and look. That's the other thing is that there's plenty of meats out there, okay. And I'm just saying meats because I don't I don't know where they come from. And Chinese food does have stuff in it sometimes where I could not positively identify that as what they're saying it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, why God invented armadilla's so people could have possum on the halfshell?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: I guess yeah, I ain't eate none of them nasty bastions neither. But they're not native over in my area. They have been moving more north and east. But you get over in middle Tennessee, especially from you get past Nashville down through Jackson towards Memphis, you will say them, I've seen them out through there for over twenty years. I guess they went on the road here in Maretlanta and some of them ease us in the western Kentucky A.
Speaker 1: So what I understand could be. But it's just you know, these kinds of things have existed for a long time though, where people talk about, you know, something like that dogs, cats with the Chinese food especially that I've heard for a long time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, like I said, see for yourself. Honestly, if you find one of those you know, greasy spoons sort of Chinese restaurants near you, and there's any sort of you know, straight animal population nearby, you will notice they really don't wander around the Chinese food place. I mean, that's I've seen that repeatedly.
Speaker 2: Look, but if you look at the different cultures. I mean, I'm in the middle of Switzerland, which is to consider, you know, one of the most progressive countries in the world, and yet we go to this big, a big convention event that they had from all of these people that cater to restaurant business and things of that nature, and it's just a collection of businesses. And we were sampling horse meat right there in the convention center.
Speaker 3: As you go down.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't think Switzerland horse would be something that you'd find on the menu.
Speaker 5: But you do.
Speaker 2: It's weird, you know, people, I can't imagine trigger.
Speaker 5: But well, that's the thing. That's where you used to have all these killer horses. That's where you What I never could understand is, you know, why would you want to eat like the oldest and shittiest cow or how alive? Why would you want to eat you know, sit and crimple horses?
Speaker 1: And that's where a.
Speaker 5: Lot of it went to. But yeah, that's been a delicacy you know, over in France and different parts of Europe, you know, for far backs.
Speaker 2: I remember, you know, just walk through I mean, go to Thailand, go to Malaysia, go to you know, Japan, go to Korea and just walk through their business district and see what's hanging in the window of the local butcher shop. I mean, you'd be amazed at the stuff that they eat and that they prepare very well. I mean, it's very delicious food, but don't ever ask what's in it?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, again will be clear, I won't be clear.
Speaker 5: I'm not justifying eating dogs and cats, folks, and I'm not saying it ain't happened. But I just want to throw that out there. Yeah, I mean, it's gonna have to get awful bad. So I'm eating the damn dog or a cat. And I mean we're talking like World War three and ain't adding it in two three days, we'll put that on the table.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll keep to myself what I think about, you know, when it comes down to it, what I'd be willing to do. But I do. I do tell you there was some strange things that I saw, you know, in Sicily, there was things that I was told were fish of a certain kind, and I don't recognize what they had, you know, cut up as anything resembling fish. You know what I mean. There was there was some weird you know, creatures that they would eat. But you know, we're the species that's willing to eat basically giant bugs too, no problem. I mean, if you take a look at some of the shellfish out there, what does that look like to you? You know?
Speaker 2: Now I watch a lot of these A couple of these bands that I've watched, you know, they're they have ongoing vlogs or their other on other shows in Korea and places like that, and a lot of times they'll be going to these restaurants and they'll order off the menu. They'll show you what they're ordering, and then when it comes you look at it. I mean, it's this wonderfully prepared dish. But it's things like a sea squirt. I've never I had never heard of a sea squirt, and they've got these things prepared.
Speaker 3: And they're eating them there.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a delicacy over there, and it's like I would never think about snatching something off the floor of the ocean and throwing it in a frying pan.
Speaker 3: But these people have developed a cuisine.
Speaker 2: I mean you look at it. Eels, octopus, sea squirts, cucumbers, things that, you know, seafood that you wouldn't just every day.
Speaker 1: Over there in Sicily, no problem eating the squid or or you know, or octopus. That's not a problem. The uh there's also uh, the entrails of pig right which there really and I.
Speaker 5: Ain't right now that ship there ain't make no fucking Chitlin's. That's that's another you know I've had.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about are good.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about Italians that farm that have pig guts. It's not it's not Chitlin's.
Speaker 3: It's it's tripe.
Speaker 1: Well that's one name for it, but there's other ways to make it, and there's a different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what they that's what the colon, it's a it's a Mexican doctor trucks trap and that's some that's something else I ain't rate the more.
Speaker 2: If you've ever been in Pennsylvany, if you've ever been in Pennsylvania and had scrapple, I'm sure y'all had it up there in Jersey. If you've had scrapple, you really don't want to know what's in it, but it's delicious.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't have scrapple in Jersey.
Speaker 3: You didn't, really just surprised, just like.
Speaker 1: You guys don't have pork roll anywhere usually anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Pork roll people in the transplants that know about pork role.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, they're transplants. So because it was not native to hear, nobody ever saw it. Uh.
Speaker 5: I think they said that the angles. You all got angles that far down in Georgia.
Speaker 1: I don't know what an ingles is grocery store.
Speaker 3: It's real big in the western part of the state.
Speaker 5: Well now sorry, I mean yeah, they're over you know, mostly like in North Carolina, South Carolina. You know, we've got them are in East Tennessee and they're in North Georgia.
Speaker 2: But I've got a I've got a nephew that makes some very good living with ingles. He's been very productive over the years. He does well as a store manager.
Speaker 1: This is what I was thinking of, Sofrito, that's the pig gut there. That's not not true.
Speaker 2: Well, and that comes from back when you butcher the hog or you butcher the cow. I mean basically you used every bit of it that you could.
Speaker 1: I mean, right, did this include.
Speaker 2: The last the last known thing that a hog has ever used for is sausage.
Speaker 3: You know, don't ever ask what's.
Speaker 2: In the sausage you're gonna get, you know, lips, snouted, stales and everything else.
Speaker 1: But this is a nepiloton thing. And and they mixed it together and it's uh, you know, entereds including the heart, the lungs, the spleen, and often, but not always the liver. Okay, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: When I was younger and Wakefield hogs, when it comes to the meat, the only thing we used was the meat and the fat when it come to them lips and you know, I et sous uh you know north that's like you refer to it as head cheese. Okay, yeah, but the bouse is usually made like out of the hog's head. And you know, I mean I look fast, you know what it's made. But I mean far as that makes them them get some them livers and our Now the dogs. I always got to pork delivery. It ain't no count anyway, shaking labors a kind of labor allied.
Speaker 1: Okay, but sprito's not bad, I know that. Uh, that's what I was trying to think.
Speaker 2: I'll say, though, if they're cooked, right, I've had chitlings before, and I mean they were delicious.
Speaker 1: They were.
Speaker 2: They were, I mean cooked to perfection. It was. It was a good meal. I never would have imagined it. But somebody said, you gotta try it before you can, you know, criticize.
Speaker 3: I shot it was very good.
Speaker 1: In recent years, I don't eat pork really, you know, very very often for sure. Uh, but uh, I used to didn't care whatever, you know. But and there's a big difference between uh, the the you know, the hogs or a wild pig versus the ones that you keep, you know, boxed up. There's a big difference bet between them as far as you know, how how they comport themselves and uh and and how the meat ends up way different. You know, the hogs that are kind of free range.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, wrote feral hog.
Speaker 3: You're eating a much leaner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're eating a much leaner pork. If you're eating a feral hog, or you're eating eating wild boar because of the you know, they're out there hunting for their food. It's not being brought to them in a in a pin.
Speaker 1: Right, They exercise, they have more of a variety of diet, they're they're not fed garbage, and they don't wind up rooting in a pit of just their own feces, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's enough, it's good.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Look, in fact, you can go there's places in Arkansas they'll take you on hunts because feral pigs down there will ruin some farmers' crops. And they have a regular practice going out on four wheelers with you know, you know, m sixteens and they are fifteen's gotcha. They've cut down on the population. Are so bad before they'll run the farmers right before over a season before we.
Speaker 1: Run out of time, because we're gonna in about ten minutes here, believe it or not. You know, I want to mention some people eat squirrels, and I'm doing that just to make sure see if somebody's still in the chat room. Some people eat squirrel. Uh. You know, I thought I had eaten squirrel at one point, but I thought back on it and I don't think I actually ended up eating the squirrel. Uh, but other people have told me they eat it. They like it.
Speaker 3: Girl, I've had squirrel. It's good.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you used to hunt around this, you know this part of the state, dove, quail, squirrels, rabbits, I mean, you get a chance to eat at all. The only problem would squirrel and doves. You just it takes so many to make a meal, you know, by the time you dress it out. So usually like here every year, Uh, Labor Day is the start of dove season. So usually the Saturday for Saturday in September, people are out there in the field shooting. So if you've got enough that you get enough you can make a stew out of it, or have enough that you can cook up for a group of people, it's well worth it.
Speaker 3: But it's just so much work dressing out that much.
Speaker 2: So it's it's gloss favor with a lot of people. But yeah, squirrel stew in the wintertime around here, a fall that's a that's a tasty thing.
Speaker 1: And rabbit, rabbit done right. Rabbit done right, I know, can taste like a variety of different meats depending on how you prepare it.
Speaker 5: I can throw my little facet in on the squirrels. I make plenty of squirrel and I've ate it in the crop, bake fried. And the only thing I'm gonna say is that I had the ete squirrel when I was a kid. I don't have to eight squirrels anymore, fair enough. And I ain't had a shoe and I ain't had a buying a squirrel twenty six years or something of that. Help a squirrel that's like, I wouldn't care, you know that little rabbit. But yeah, there, yeah, it don't impress me. I don't I do my hunting over in the made Isle. I mean this this bullshit. I hear shooting some high star to the deer or whatever. I mean. You know I've done it. But you know the deers ain't that big around while you lived out in Texas or codda Rader, Kansas or something may be restored.
Speaker 1: And most of the time tell you true deer meat. I've only had deer meat taste good one time in my life. The rest of it is a variety of it don't taste good to me. I don't like deer meat well, and I just won't eat I won't eat frogs, just based on principle, because I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: The secrets of deer meat. Around here. Most everybody hunts with dogs, which means you're running the deer, which pumps all this adrenaline through the deer, and that affects the taste. If you're still hunting from a tree or a stand, or you're not running the deer, it's a whole lot different. I've eaten deer probably fixed fifty different ways, and there's only a few where it's it's it's really enjoyable. You know, you get it.
Speaker 3: It's so game.
Speaker 2: If you run a deer for forty five minutes before you finally get him shot. He's so full of adrenaline you just can't get it out of the meat. So a lot of people don't know how to cook it to overcome that. I've heard it soaked in milk, soaked in beer. Do this, do that? Got to keep it cold, let it get the room, then age it. It's like, forget all that. I can go over here to Western Sizzling and get a rivi and sides and not have to mess with all that.
Speaker 3: So hunt is really going down.
Speaker 2: North Carolina is still big, but I think overall, you with the convenience of people going to restaurants and stores and really not having the time. You know, hunting isn't like it used to be. A lot of people depended on it to be able to make it through the year.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Well you know again, well let me let you in on something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about that. But I'll let you let you all go out of this. The deal with the hunting the deer dogs, that's a big thing over the Carolinas and even parts of Virginia. Over in Tennessee and Kentucky. That's that's a big no no, you know, and you rabbit hounters. They don't want a dog that a run a deer, that's a that's a big no no. But anyway, you could set in a tree, stay in or be setting somewhere for three hours and one just you know, stroll up and you can shoot them in the head and kill them stone dead and they're still gonna taste like it. And you can slang lemon juice, you can milk, you can this, and you can that. And I'm just telling you the most of them there's going to have that taste if you could kill like a see we've just been able to kill those, I guess the last ten years with a gun. But if you could get like a young doe or something other I've heard that. You know, they're a lot better the smaller that there that they are, But outside that it's that same stuff like what you're talking about. I've had some summer sausage people has had made with cheese and it stuff. It's a lot better than just what the meat is. Anyway, you won't cook it however you want cook it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's gonna be gamy no matter what. But that's the difference between going and buying pork chops at the store and eating wild board. It's gonna have that game taste to it, and maybe that's why a lot of people don't like it. I mean, they just they can't stand the gaminess. All I know is that it's gonna be gamy no matter what. But if you can not run him, it's a whole lot more palatable.
Speaker 3: I'll put it that.
Speaker 1: I knew I would rattle face shifter with dimension of people eating squirrels, so that's why I did that. But uh nah, I can never get into that with the squirrel the rabbit. You know. Like I said, I don't know. I tried. It wasn't bad. He can make it taste different ways. But anyways, and I'll tell you something else. The only time I really enjoyed venicsons, a guy made venison slim gyms kind of you know what I mean, like beef sticks out of it, and but you know they're venison. I don't know. He had a whole, like you know, shit where he treated it in all that. And this is in Jersey again. He got that section of Jersey that's like Redneckville. And we call them Piney's because they're in the Pinelands, a Jersey mostly, and you know he's got a shack devoted to that and a shack devoted to this, and he's got four shacks on his thing, and you know, a deer blind out in a special spot that's all his. You know that that's South Jersey. So anyway, that's you know, away from the cities. But anyhow, we're about out of time, be pete, what should we do here? I mean, we still got Harling on the line, We got Jimmy James there, and nobody else is on the phone lines.
Speaker 2: Well we go ahead and live and give their clothing sentiments and then I guess what is are and scheduled next?
Speaker 1: Yes, he is, and we got to kind of bring it around quick, and we're gonna let them have their closes, right, Yeah, okay, let's go ahead. Harlan. You're you're here, so we'll start with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here, but I ain't something else around for here. But anyway, I hope everybody has a good week in And you know, I'm glad I got to make it to Matt but sure I couldn't have got here any earlier, but I got over and got my employees to part I'm gonna let Jimmie have the wrist since I got stopped from much. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, look appreciate you calling in man. And if you had called in last week, I wasn't here, so I didn't make it. But uh, I'm here this week and for the foreseeable future. So I got Jimmy James up on the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah on the deer the fir swing. You guys, don't south those cheers, it's cute. It's some dogs. Oh, you guys gotta get some real bucks. Come up here in Michigan. I'll show you some real bucks. Now, I'll show you some olt. Uh. Yeah, there is something about well.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: Homeboy said, it's banned here too. You can't be running deer with dogs s we go here. The best way would be to get them through the throat with an arrow without them knowing it's coming. There's at your bag. Been much of a hundred and recent decades.
Speaker 1: You know, big deer, big deer, dude. Big deer do exist in Jersey too. By the way, I live down south, but I haven't seen deer down south. I only know the deer in Jersey personally.
Speaker 5: Oh, you'll get a.
Speaker 4: Kick out of it. They're literally the size of like a dog, like a good sized dog. And yeah, well I would say blabbodor size, which is pretty silly. Side. Yeah, I'm telling.
Speaker 5: You, I also wanted to.
Speaker 4: Go to you. You brought up the pups. You might be interested in know. The New Jersey a part of their restructuring communist efforts, they're the pines and what not no longer exist unto themselves. They passed laws where any small places, like sparsely dense places like the Pines is now patrolled. All these rural areas are now controlled by cities. So there's there's uh one one of the many issues with a one party state like New Jersey. They've people that live in rural areas now have even a little less to say how their lives get run.
Speaker 1: Well, Jersey's weird because yeah, Jersey's weird because it swings back and forth, Jimmy, It always swings back and forth, and it's it's very strange. It's like they get pissed off with the Democrats, so they kick them all out and bring in all Republicans. Then they get pissed off of them and they kick them all out. It just swings back and forth. It never stops.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But the Pinelands. If you're telling me the Pinelands are no longer a protected area, that's crazy because that's the way that that was my whole life. Uh And and I understood that was one of those like we have to preserve the land kind of deals. And if that's the case, if they attached them all to the incorporated areas just outside, I got to check into that, because that's that'll mess a lot of things up. Man.
Speaker 4: Oh, they do a lot of stuff there, chuck, like freeholder, that's that's that's been Wow. They probably just they eliminated new name, but suposedly it's gone.
Speaker 1: Well if they if they eliminated them and did what you said, then New Jersey is a scary place at this point. I got to check it out because that makes for a lot of weird stuff happening. If they removed the power from the freeholders and did that please that that that's that's problematic anyway, Jimmy, we're running out of time, So anything else you want to toss in real quick, I'll.
Speaker 4: Just point out, for Aaron an uncle's sake, that the Rams kicked the or belay my last the Lions kicked the rams butts last week, so just put that out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you can always call Uncle during his hour and rub his nose in that one if you want beat Pete. It's all you, even though we're a little overtime. I give you the time anyhow, Well.
Speaker 2: I appreciate everybody for calling, especially Chase for giving us an update on our our naked news guy, and appreciate Jimmy Jane's and uh and uh Harlan calling trying to think that's all that's all the calls we had. So anyway, good to have another week in the can support your local food banks and go to a Chili dot com and you the donate button.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: They have done to our country by allowing these millions and millions of people to come into our country and looking at for what's happening.