Speaker 1: Now your host for World Series Dodger Talks sound Off Angelinos David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live at Yankee Stadium after Game four of the World Series. There will be a game five after the Yankees beat the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Tonight, eleven to four.
Speaker 2: We're with you until ten o'clock right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We will go downstairs to hear from Freddy Freeman, Mookie Betts, and Landon Knack. But just a couple of thoughts on this game tonight. Look, we started to get indications the Dodgers were not going to compromise using their high leverage relievers unless it was completely apparent that they had a chance to win this game going into the eighth inning.
Speaker 3: That's just the way they were going to play it.
Speaker 2: After having to play three games in a row here in New York in the World Series. And look, these are the circumstances we have seen all postseason long for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: They don't have a four starter. They have three starters.
Speaker 2: Walker Bueller, Yamamoto and tomorrow night's starter, Jack Flaherty. So we saw a bullpen game all high leverage relievers in Game four of the NLDS. We saw two bullpen games in the NLCS and it was similar to this one. They were not going to use their high leverage relievers because they did not want to burn them for the next day. And you know what the worst case scenario would have been for the Dodgers tonight. They use guys like Kopek, Banda, Vesia tryn In and they lose the game because not only had you used those high leverage relievers and you can't really go back to them again tomorrow, but now you lost the game too. That's what the Dodgers have avoided so far in this postseason, and it's been successful. None of us like to see them concede games. And I'm not gonna say they conceded the game tonight, but I'm sure if the Dodgers were down three games to none, or if this series was, you know, two to one, they probably would have taken Daniel Hudson out of that third inning. But with the three games to none lead, there was no need to compromise the bullpen for tomorrow because, let's face it, if the Dodgers win tomorrow night are you really still upset about the way things win tonight.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: They're the World champions, and that's what makes this run even more impressive is that they've been able to do it by managing these bullpenn games and not really going for it every single game to give themselves an opportunity to win four out of seven, or to win four games in a best of seven, or to win three games in a best of five. They're doing the same thing that they did in the NLCS that you saw tonight, and.
Speaker 3: Frankly, it would have worked.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers would have won this game if it wasn't for Daniel Hudson giving up a Grand Slam in the third inning. Because Ben Casparius did his job. He went two innings, allowed just one run, not bad for a rookie making his first World Series start, and Landon Nack pitched really well. He went four innings, even though he got into some deep counts. It wasn't seamless, but he kept the Yankees in check. He only gave up one earned run. So between those two guys, those two rookies, they went six innings tonight and allowed two earn runs. The big blow was the Grand Slam by Volpi, and we always hear players say it's not so much about the actual home run or the Grand Slam. We've heard Kershaw say, you know what I can live with solo home runs, it's the two three run home runs or in this case, a grand Slam that stings more because you obviously did something wrong to allow it to get to that point. Hudson hit Aaron Judge after striking out Juan Soto, gave up a single to Jash Chisholm, almost hit Stanton, eventually walk Stanton. He got Anthony Rizzo to pop up to Tommy Edmond, but I mean I could get Anthony Rizzo to pop up these days, He's not a threat at all. That was the second out of the inning, so he was one out of way from getting out of the inning. Unfortunately, made a horrible slider pitch to Anthony Volpi that Vulpi didn't miss. So when you take a step back and look at it, I know the score was lopsided. But by the time Brent Honeywell was in there, and that eighth inning was sloppy by Gavin Luck, sloppy by Will Smith that went sideways, but the game was lost with the Grand Slam to Anthony Volpi, and the Dodger offense, by the way, did not do much of anything after to the fifth inning. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. How about Freddy Freeman, Freddie Freeman again, another home run. Six consecutive World Series games for Freddie. That's a new Major League record to hit a home run in. He now has ten RBIs in this World Series. That's the most ever by a National League player in the World Series. The two run home run in the first inning major believe the Dodger offense could score enough runs to find a way to get through this quote bullpen game.
Speaker 3: But also what impressed.
Speaker 2: Me about Freddy Freeman and why we all love Freddy Freeman and the way he plays the game. Yes, the two run home run was fantastic, but how about him legging it out and trying to break up a double play a groundball that originally was called an inning ending double play in the fifth inning. Instead, Freddy running so hard up the line on still a bad ankle, beats it out, allows Tommy Edmund to score to make it a one run deficit, and all of a sudden it's a two run fifth inning, and the Dodgers are back in the game. Three RBIs not only because of talent with the home run, but because of hustle from Freddie Freeman. To me, that stood out just as much as his two run home run. And how about that dirt bag fan in the first inning, That dirt bag Yankee fan.
Speaker 3: I don't have a problem with him trying to knock.
Speaker 2: The ball out of Mooky's glove on Labor Taurus's foul out, But then all of a sudden, he's trying to pull the ball out of his glove.
Speaker 3: He's trying to yank Mooky's left hand.
Speaker 2: That was dangerous because you know, Mooki is dangling basically from the high wall down the right field line, and this idiot fan is trying to basically break his wrist to get the ball out of his glove. And I'm happy they ejected that guy. In fact, he shouldn't even be allowed back at Yankee Stadium or any major league ballpark the rest of his life. To me, like I told you guys back at Dodger Stadium, yes, you want to try to do everything possible slap the ball out of the guy's hand, don't get out of the way.
Speaker 3: Make it as difficult as you possibly can.
Speaker 2: Those Yankee fans did everything right up until the guy started to try to basically grab Mookie's wrist. And he's in a compromised position right there. I don't like that. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to John and Wiland Hills. You're on Dodger Talk, Colin, can you punch up line nine John and Woodland Hills for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, David, great, great, is always great show as always.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I have to tell you that I disagree on one account, and that is that the score was five to four, and that Dave Roberts should have done whatever it took to get that continue to be five to four. The reason why I say that is because tomorrow Flaherty is going to get shelled. In my opinion, he is going to get hammered. Judge Verdugo. Dugo hit the two run homer last night, he hit, he hit again today. He's a Dodger, you know, former Dodger could be a Dodger killer. And you're gonna have Judge who's has way better at bats now and I'm telling you, Uh, Cole might get hit. Cole might get hit by some of the Dodgers tomorrow, but Clarity has no chance tomorrow.
Speaker 6: So my question to you is game six, What will game six look like in l A What what will the what will the pitching look like in.
Speaker 2: Game six if it gets that far, John, But for you to come on here and say so definitively that Jack Flaherty has no chance tomorrow, that's ridiculous after what we saw in game one.
Speaker 3: What I will concede is you don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We all don't know what Jack Flaherty we're going to get. We really don't. But for you to come on here and say that you don't believe he's going to pitch well tomorrow, you have no idea which Jack Flaherty's going to show up tomorrow, just like I have no idea which Jack Flaherty's going to show up tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I'm not going to say I'm convinced Jack Flaherty's going to do exactly what he did in game one, But the reality is we don't know which Jack Flaherty we're going to get. And I like the Dodgers' chances tomorrow night eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Ray in the Inland Empire. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: Hi Ray, Hey Ray, Dave.
Speaker 3: You're Ray. I'm David.
Speaker 5: Hey Dave. Thanks for taking my call. Long time listener, first time calling.
Speaker 3: My pleasure.
Speaker 5: Just relax to talk to us, Yes, sir, I just wanted to make a comment about what you originally said, and that was the Dodgers in six. Would a lot of us Dodger fans would have loved to have seen his sleep didn't happen. Gentlemen's sweep some people are saying would be nice, But I do like, uh, Dodgers winning four to one.
Speaker 3: That's a to me, that's not a gentleman's sweep. That's winning in five.
Speaker 5: A lot of people in sports call it a gentleman's sweep. So that's just something that I've heard in the past.
Speaker 2: With that said day, you want the Dodgers to win in Game six on Fernando's birthday, that's what you're getting down.
Speaker 5: That was your original prediction.
Speaker 3: It was I didn't know the Dodgers were going to go up three to zero.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody. I don't think anybody expected that, Dave. But with that said, Dodgers in six would would definitely. It feels right. Like you said, it feels right and you said take it, take it to.
Speaker 2: The Okay, Hey, I would love to be Rongray and the Dodgers win in five.
Speaker 5: How about that sounds good, Dave? Thanks for the call.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ray, thank you.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Yes, my prediction was Dodgers and six. I thought they would win the first two games at Dodgers Stadium, and I thought they would win one here at Yankee Stadium. But I did not think it was going to go to a three to zero series lead. And in fact, the Yankees now are the first team since the nineteen seventy Reds to force a Game five in the World Series after being down three to zero. That was against the Reds. It was Reds. I'm sorry, it was Reds Orioles. In the nineteen seventy World Series, Baltimore had a three to zero lead and Cincinnati forced a game five, and the Orioles eventually beat them. So the Yankees are the first team, and since the seventy Reds being down three to zero to force a game five, let's go out to lope one day.
Speaker 3: Adrian, You're on Dodger Talk Live from the Bronx.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dave, how are you doing. This's my first time calling up.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 3: You had some red Bulls tonight, Hydrian. I like it. I like them.
Speaker 7: I'm actually I'm a die found. I'm very upset, man, Like this is a kind of it hurts man to see that. You guys, Dave Roberts talks about, you know, he wants urgency, urgency, I'm gonna put my thought, my leg on their neck as long as I can. But then comes out and doesn't take nothing. That to me, it's just crazy. You have a chance to suit the Yankees, bro, and he doesn't do nothing. Like everything he says in the locker room is it doesn't come on the field. It's it's it hurts.
Speaker 3: It's sad.
Speaker 7: I mean I understand that, like all that, but take him out. I mean to me, I'm very up Sit with him, man, you guys can you guys can protect him and do all that stuff. But it's very, very very hurting. Go all the fans that are waiting, just waiting for that, and just he just show an urgency continue, try and fight.
Speaker 3: Adrian, him to do what would you have done differently?
Speaker 7: I mean, every all has one dead, bro. The bullpen has been kicking my name, the kickings a butt all. I mean none of none of them have hit any of them. And you had something that.
Speaker 2: You wanted, all hands on deck, being up three to oh and then possibly compromise those all hands on deck for a game five and maybe even compromise who you can use in game six if you lose tomorrow.
Speaker 7: If we win today, there's tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: It was a two run game and you know Brent honeywell it went sideways on him in the eighth inning. But those were the cards that he had to play with tonight. And that's why if you heard Dave on the pregame show yesterday, Adrian, he said Game three was a vital to this series. And they got the win and they're in a very good spot even after losing tonight. Okay, Tree, one, would you like to be down?
Speaker 7: Would be up three to one? The Yankees would have been way way better.
Speaker 2: Come on, Adrian, did you really think the Dodgers were going to sweep the Yankees.
Speaker 3: It wasn't going to be.
Speaker 7: You had a chance, We had a chance today.
Speaker 3: You had a chance.
Speaker 2: But Anthony Volpi hit a grand slam off of Daniel Hudson in the third inning.
Speaker 9: Or wouldn't happen?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 3: Come on here, all right, Adrian, thanks for the phone call, man. You are riled up. You wanted to party tonight.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't know, in a normal situation where you had a starting pitcher, Daniel Hudson would not have been in the game in the third inning. I think we're all losing sight of the fact that this has been the cards that Dave Roberts has been dealt. They don't have a fourth starter, so they have to go to these situations where they're counting on the offense to score a lot of runs, to be able to give these relievers that normally would not be in the game some breathing room to pitch free and easy, and I thought Landon Nack and Bank conspiras did a great job. Unfortunately, Daniel Hudson gave up backbreaking grand slam to Anthony Volpi, and the Dodger offense really didn't do much in fact they didn't have a hit after the fifth inning Tonight, eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll hear from Freddy, We'll hear from Mookie, we'll hear from landon Neck, and we'll take more of your phone calls. At eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Yankees force a Game five with an eleven to four win over the Dodgers on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk when Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 7: That's with a one on double in scoring position for Freddy Freeman, who was driven in seven of the dodgers.
Speaker 3: Fourteen runs in the series, swing in a belted ball to right field.
Speaker 10: Looking toward the corner, Freddie Freeman simply unstoppable. He points to the bullpenalsy rounds the bases. BRN MLB record six consecutive World Series game after a home run, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Second straight night, Freddie Freeman gave the Dodgers an early two to nothing lead in the first inning with one swing, another two run home run by Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, that would be basically what the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers had to offer tonight offensively, as they fall to the Yankees in Game four, eleven to four. Not only did Freddy hit that two run home run, but he laid out and beat out what would have been an inning ending double play for his third RBI of the night. It gives him ten RBIs in this World Series. He's the first National League player in baseball history to have ten RBIs in the same World Series. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team brace slick and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more Daniel's Jewelers Own the Dream. Before we get back to your phone calls, let's hear from Freddy Freeman, who was on Sports net LA.
Speaker 11: I mean, obviously felt good after that first thing. You know, I'll look back on it. I'm sure you know, hopefully we won't get this thing done tomorrow. But pretty cool. Obviously, hopefully I can keep it going tomorrow.
Speaker 12: I do not let this loss stop the moment and make you guys.
Speaker 4: And I thank you.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna be okay.
Speaker 11: This team knows what we got to do tomorrow, and we know that we're gonna come out. We're going to keep those bats down very long, so making out swinging and both trying to do the same thing tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Reddy, what did you make out of the incident with Mookie and the fans down the sut the break of the mind there?
Speaker 11: I know MOOKI caught it. That's all I care about.
Speaker 5: Gets light.
Speaker 11: I mean, there's always that they're going to find any way to keep keep the left going. We're okay, we know what we can do tomorrow and we're gonna come out here and payscared to get him the best pictures of the game, but we faced him a few days ago, so hopefully we can have counter what you did against us the other game and almost does it hope they you just faced them above four days or yeah, I mean it's always nice to face them and a few days ago, but he's still one of the best pictures of the game. It's it's not going to be easy. So we've got our hands full. So hopefully Jack, there's a good game, we can score some more runs.
Speaker 3: What was the biggest difference to the previous games.
Speaker 11: We gave a lot of runs, we didn't score very many, Teddy.
Speaker 8: The defensiveness cues that kind of happened in the eighth.
Speaker 14: Was there anything underligned with all?
Speaker 11: I don't think so. I think the infield's in. Hopefully's fast. It's a tough play. He's got to go as as as you can, and you know, you got to make perfect throws, and it just didn't happen to that time.
Speaker 2: Local TV reporters come to World Series and ask questions. Those are the answers you get. Freddy's very patient with them. Freddie is a great guy. He understands the gig and certainly patient with some of these questions from people don't don't cover the team all year. Six seven, two, five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to Jesse and Hollywood. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Jesse, I'm good, Dave.
Speaker 11: How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Dodgers are up three games to one. I'm feeling good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel the same. I this is part of why I'm calling. So I originally called you because I wanted to talk about those two Yankees fans who assaulted Mooky on the field.
Speaker 4: Yeah and.
Speaker 9: Wrist, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: It would be a crime outside the ballpark on any sidewalk. And the fact that fans think it's funny or think that it's like an entertaining moment in the game is pathetic. It's ridiculous that they did that. But that was why I was calling. And then I'm listening to the show, and I'm listening to all these callers call in and criticize Dave's like they do every year. Not you, Dave, not Dave's, but Dave Roberts criticized Dave, and they blame him for every single little thing that happens. And it's honestly, it's tired, it's lazy, it's boring. The man has the highest winning percentage of all active managers.
Speaker 9: We've won.
Speaker 8: What is it you would know? Is it nine out of ten or ten out of eleven Division Division series since he started? It's a two pennants or three pennants, a one world series. The man can't go out and play the game himself, and when he does well, we say amazing.
Speaker 5: The team is amazing.
Speaker 8: When we lose, every Dodger quote unquote fans, not real fans, call and talk bleep on Dave Roberts. I'm really sick of it. We're so lucky we have him. I love this team. I'm so lucky to be a Dodger fan and watch them every game of this year, every game of this World Series. We lost tonight, that's okay. We have tomorrow. We're gonna win tomorrow. I'm just really sick of, honestly, fair weather Dodger fans calling in and talking smack on our players, talking smack on our manager when we're three to one in the World Series. It's unbelievable to me. If you're miserable in your life, don't take it out.
Speaker 3: Yes, great, we got the point, Jesse. Easy.
Speaker 2: Everybody goes through their challenges in their life. You disagree with them, that's fine, but let's not go there because a lot of people are fighting every day. So I'll just say this. I understand it's not great to lose a World Series game eleven to four, and.
Speaker 3: I will concede.
Speaker 2: You know, Yes, it was against Brent Honeywell, yes, we'll be hit a grand slam off of struggling Daniel Hudson. But the feel at the plate is a lot about confidence, and you just hope that this type of game didn't give the Yankees hitters confidence. Tomorrow night against Jack Flaherty. I believe it's going to be a close game tomorrow night. Actually believe it's going to come down again to the bullpens. Remember in Game one, it wasn't the Dodgers hitting Garrett Cole around. It took heroics from Freddie Freeman in the tenth inning to hit a walk off grand slam to beat the Yankees. In Game one, Garrett Cole was long gone. So you just hope that Garret Cole is a little bit more in human tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: And I will say this.
Speaker 2: You know, when Garrett Cole was taken out of the game in Game one, there was a lot of criticism heaped on Aaron Boone. But if you go back and watch when Aaron Boone was coming out to the mound, he didn't have anybody warming up, so he wasn't coming out there to take out Garret Cole. Something must have been going on with Garret Cole, because Garrett Cole must have told Aaron Boone, I'm out of gas. And remember Garrett Cole missed what a month six weeks with some elbow injury. So who knows how Garrett Cole's going to feel Tomorrow night eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs again to hear from Mookie Bets. Maybe he has some choice words for the fans that try to take his left wrist off?
Speaker 11: What happened with that fane?
Speaker 12: That well, it's irrelevant we lost and that it doesn't matter.
Speaker 14: Okay, Just how how is that man feeling?
Speaker 11: Because it kind of looks like respected that your risk.
Speaker 12: Kind of went a little bit. That No, I didn't even know.
Speaker 11: He grabbed my hands so.
Speaker 8: Hard, the finest aggressive you've seen fans and all.
Speaker 11: Your time, and when it comes to the person and play, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 12: We lost, It's irrelevant. I'm fine, he's fine, everything's cool. And the game. We lost the game, and that's that's what I'm kind of focused on. You gotta turn the page and get ready for.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow games story.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure I didn't looked up over.
Speaker 12: There, did you get hurt.
Speaker 5: Mom, Everything's fine.
Speaker 12: A lot of you guys were talking about that you knew their Yankees weren't going to lay down.
Speaker 11: What did you see differently out of the them? Obviously they hit the wall, but to kind of.
Speaker 12: Turn the page with it on their fight, they're going to fight. If he made it this far, you have a resilient team that's going to fight the whole time.
Speaker 5: We expect that.
Speaker 12: Obviously didn't play well today, and they did and that's why they won.
Speaker 7: What was the feeling off the Freddie Holmer again in the first inning for tune nothing leaving it, just went out.
Speaker 12: For the show great and felt great, trying to get on the board first, and that they far back.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Mookie Beds obviously was not having it, did not really want to talk about what took place in the very first inning when he made a great catch on labor tourists and fell at territory down the right field line, leaped up and a Yankee fan in an Aaron Judge Roade Jersey, tried to grab the ball out of his glove and actually kind of compromise Mookie's left wrist. But he's obviously fine and I think he answered the question a few times.
Speaker 3: He's okay.
Speaker 2: Upset the Dodgers lost eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Is the phone number, David Vase Live at Yankee Stadium until the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to the CPT. Raphael, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Raphael?
Speaker 9: You know what I'm doing?
Speaker 15: Great, David, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey, Dodgers are one win away from the championship.
Speaker 3: Nothing has changed, Raphael.
Speaker 15: That's how I feel.
Speaker 16: I'm a little bit upset about a few things. One of them is I understand we don't know which Jack we're gonna get tomorrow, but I'd like to be positive and remember that when one win away and these guys are gonna come out out here and put their heart on the mound, and I believe that Jack is gonna close it tomorrow, we have nothing to worry about. Also, I'm getting sick and tired of seeing all these people on social media, as well as some people calling them saying they want to bring you back home and.
Speaker 15: Win it all. Fernando's birthday.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 15: Well, it's the World Series. You know, anything can happen. It's baseball. Let's just finish it tomorrow. I'm done with the negativity. We got it out the way today. Tomorrow we're gonna come out with the heavy hitters and we're gonna close it out.
Speaker 2: I love that plan, Raphael, and we could celebrate Fernando on his birthday and the rest of our lives. I'm sure for knowing Fernando, he would say, just get it done tomorrow. He wouldn't want people to make a fuss about him or make it about him.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you the truth. He wouldn't.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Game five would be great with Fernando and for all of us. Thanks for the phone call, Raphael. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. You know who the Dodgers need to step up tomorrow, or not step up, but look more like himself. That's show hey Otani, who obviously is dealing with the left shoulder injury, and he's out there and not a lot of guys. He's just two for fifteen in the World Series. He has one extra base hit tonight, did not have a hit again, and obviously it's or he has one.
Speaker 3: He had one hit tonight.
Speaker 2: It was a single dissenter one for four tonight, but still only two hits in this World Series. His presence alone in the lineup makes a huge difference. But hopefully he can manage that lev shoulder and be able to drive the ball more. And if he can't do what he did tonight in that at bat, in his second at bat, uh, just take the base hits, get on base. That's all he needs to do. Walk base hits, stay within yourself if you can't drive the ball out of the ballpark. But the Dodgers need a little bit more from Shoho Tani. Uh tomorrow night and moving forward if necessary. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Shadow Hills. Eric, You're on Dodger Talk live from Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 9: Hi, Eric, Hi, you know a couple of points if I could. First thing, Uh, you don't play with your food. Okay, all this from winning a friend of his birthday. Oh oh my god, look, just win the game. I'm not saying that don't play.
Speaker 3: With your food. I tell my kids that all the time.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm not saying this was a throwaway game like Game five against the Mets. It kind of felt like that. Okay, yes, we were only two runs down. That that Will Smith missed foul ball really changed the complexion of that inning. But I want to I want to leave with this motive miss motive.
Speaker 2: Miss uh, the miss Will Smith catch that he could have made on Verdugo and also the throw by Gavin Lux kind of set up that labored tourist three run home runs.
Speaker 9: So you're right, Eric, right, And so you know what, this was a bullpen game, and Mota mentioned the pictures that we were missing the starting pitchers. It's crazy because I don't think he even mentioned Glass. Now you know, he didn't Mentionine Show. Hey he didn't, Oh he did, Okay, well he didn't mentioned show. Hey, he didn't mention Eric, how.
Speaker 2: Would you like to have Blake Snell start a World Series game next year?
Speaker 9: I don't do that. No, don't do that to me right now?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, two times?
Speaker 9: I know, I know, And we're missing those pictures. But yet we're here right now, up three to one. Andrew Friedman is the man. You stay here. Dave Roberts too, that previous College that one call that was complaining about people complaining about Dave Roberts Let's not do that. Dave Roberts has these guys motivated for for the last ten years or so. Okay, the moment any of these two are gone, Dodger fans are gonna regret it. Okay, that's all I'm gonna say. Let's not play with our food. Let's win this right now, Dave, all right.
Speaker 2: I love it, Eric, I love a game five win and have a five hour flight soaking wet of dry and also dry champagne on the way back.
Speaker 3: That would be nice.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Look, I know a lot of you were already thinking about next year and the hot stove and who the Dodgers will go after. You know, Juan Soto's not a need for the Dodgers. Could they get them? Yes, the Dodgers have the resources. They have the owner that would say, yeah, go get them if you feel like we need him. You know who the Dodgers need right now. You know who the Dodgers needed tonight. You know who the Dodgers needed in the NLCS. That was one guy, like I said, the two time Cy Young Award winner Blake Snell, who's going to be a free agent again. That will be a second chance for the Dodgers to sign Blake Snell. Things would be a lot easier if Blake Snell was starting this game tonight, but obviously that's not the case. But I firmly believe the Dodgers are going to take a long look at signing Snell this offseason. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Aaron in Cyprus. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 14: Hi, Dave, how are you man?
Speaker 3: Doing great?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 14: Just want to say, Man, I love you so much. I love you on the radio. Uh, just big a shout out to you and what you do and your team over there. But a couple of time, I was really upset when Hudson gave up that Grand Slam and went it was things we're looking down. But you know what you mean A lot really listened to everything you said. What you said is perfect sense. It's just a situation where you know, we we needed the extra pitchers for tomorrow's game, and uh, we just gotta let it ride. And you know what, Hey, I'm super happy we're in the position we're in. We're up three to one. We have a chance to close it out tomorrow in New York. I mean, I gotta be honest. When we picked up show he Tani in the offseason and we picked up all these other guys, I was like, you know what, we may not win the World Series this year, even though we have the talent. It's it might take a little bit for us to jell together. But being the fact that here now, it's incredible.
Speaker 6: It's a gift.
Speaker 14: So I'm all, I'm all about it, man. Let's keep it going and I'm sure we'll close it out. I do have one question for you, though, where would you rather see us close it out at? In Dodger Stadium or in New York.
Speaker 2: I want them to close it out as soon as possible, because, like our previous callers said, don't play with your food.
Speaker 3: You don't want to let.
Speaker 2: These guys force the game six. Then it becomes a real series erin so tomorrow, as much as I would love to have seen it at Dodger Stadium, with the way this series has gone, having a three to zero lead, all of a sudden, you let the Yankees get back into this series and they're one win away from forcing a Game seven.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't go for that.
Speaker 2: So I'm all in for tomorrow night in New York and we could celebrate together with a parade this time in.
Speaker 14: La Absolutely let me Dave, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Aeron eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number I know. The score was lopsided a five run eighth inning against Brent Honeywell. Mistakes by Will Smith Gavin Lux set up the three run home run by Labored Taurus in that eighth inning, and also the grand slam by Anthony Volpi off of Daniel Hudson. Obviously was not ideal, and that to me was the game. But in between those two guys, Land and Knack pitched really well four innings, allowed just a solo home run to Austin Wells. Let's sit downstairs right now to hear from the Dodger rookie.
Speaker 13: I was really just trying to try to get ahead as much as I could, really just kind of mix well, I think I got in trouble last time a little bit, just kind of being more two pitches today, just really tried to get everything going, really get the change up going, and just try to get after him as much as I could, and then really the mindset after that was just to try to keep us in the game, try to eat as many outs as I could so that we could save the dogs for tomorrow, and then just try to take care of it outside of that home run. Do you kind of look at this as a positive performance for yourself?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I felt good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I've this.
Speaker 13: It was nice to get back out there again, get kind of back in the game, be able to get into one of the World Series game here and kind of get that experience, and I felt like all of my stuff was much much better today. I felt like, really the throes in a good spot, landing everything that I needed to and so absolutely not from from a personal perspective, yeah, I felt felt very good.
Speaker 9: You were nervous or anything like that.
Speaker 13: Moves just a matter of going through the motions of getting into.
Speaker 8: Shit, getting back into it, so to speak. Yeah, I felt felt very good.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I felt very comfortable once I get in there.
Speaker 5: Kind of just.
Speaker 13: Continuing to listen to some of the advice of some of the older guys, especially Blake, really trying to remind me that although it's the World Series, like just continue to do exactly what you do all the time and not try to do anything extra because what we have done all year has worked for us well, and so just continue to try to keep that same mindset. And so I felt very comfortable once I get out there.
Speaker 7: One of the cool things about you is you don't let the enormity of the event get to you.
Speaker 13: I feel like I do a good job with this kind of stuff. I feel like, especially once I get into it and kind of like get my feet wet a little bit, I feel like I do a good job of adjusting the mindset to just continue to take care of what I need to take care of.
Speaker 2: Just repeating, all right, there's Landon Nak. Gott to shine a light on him. I thought he pitched really well and kept the Yankees in check. So I'm all in with Landon Nak and the way he pitched tonight. Unfortunately, the Grand Slam by Volpi and then the Dodgers staying away from some of their high leverage relievers. And look, when you're down two runs on the road, you're not bringing in Michael Kopek, You're not bringing in Blake trin In, You're not bringing in Alex Vesia.
Speaker 3: You're just not with a three to zero lead.
Speaker 2: Now, if you had a two run lead going into the eighth inning, that's where you would bring him in. And I'm not just saying because they were trying to stay away from those guys.
Speaker 3: That's in any game.
Speaker 2: You can't use the same guys every single night in the regular season, and when you're playing three in a row, I don't think you could do that either, being down two runs. So the only other guy that maybe could have been used if they got to a point.
Speaker 3: Where they wanted to pull a real reliever, that would have been Brazier.
Speaker 2: So being down two runs, Ryan Brazier probably would have been used in that situation instead of leaving Honeywell out there all right. Tomorrow night, Game five of the World Series, same situation as last night. The Dodgers are one win away from winning the World Championship. It looks good to make it happen. Tomorrow night. It's a rematch of Game one, Jack Flarerity against Garrett Cole, And I will say this. I want to remind you that in Game one, Jack Flaherty had to be taken out of that game. Remember, after he gave up the goal I had two run home run to John Carlos Stanton. He threw one pitch to Jash Chisholm, and we were wondering why Dave Roberts went out there and took Flarity out in the middle of an at bat. We found out the day after was because his right hamstring tightened up on him. That's the reason why Dave Roberts took him out. Also, Garrett Cole missed four to six weeks with an elbow issue and kind of told Aaron Boone I'm done in Game one as well. So both these guys have some underlying issues going into tomorrow night's Game five. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at four o'clock with first pitch from Yankee Stadium at five to eight with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson. Thanks to Colin Ye back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Yankee Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. I know you wanted the Dodgers to sweep, but it wasn't meant to be.
Speaker 3: Tonight.
Speaker 2: They'll have another chance at winning the championship tomorrow night. They have a commanding three games to one League once again the final score from Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: The Yankees force a Game five with an eleven to four win in Game four. We'll talk to you tomorrow. See them