Speaker 1: It's a nice size.
Speaker 2: I'm doing you easy.
Speaker 1: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, coming up tomorrow night at nine o'clock New Hampshire Governor Chris Sinunu Governor soon, who has been a guest in the last several years on Night's Side on a fairly regular basis, and tomorrow he's committed to spending an hour with us from nine to ten and he'll take as many phone calls as you want, So this is an opportunity to I think he's a true has been a terrific governor. I think he's the best governor in the country. I think he's been the best governor of the country for the entirety of his term. He has been exactly what New Hampshire needed. And we'll talk about maybe his future where he's certainly not going to be on Donald Trump's short list of cabinet nominees, that's for sure, but he maintained his integrity, which is what I admire most about Chris Sinunu, as well as his intelligence and a sense of humor. So we'll have him tomorrow night for you. This is an opportunity for you to speak with the governor of New Hampshire. Coming up on Thursday night, we will have the wc car guys from ten until twelve and ten until twelve on Friday night will be the twelfth annual night Side Charity Combine. We have some great guests lined up for that those two hours to introduce you to people do really great things and if you like to help them, you can get in contact just about every type of cause you can imagine. We will profile on Friday night, but for now, I'd like to follow up and get your reaction to the last hour with doctor Alfred Miller and doctor Robert Bransfield, two really extraordinary guests in my opinion, and I think also the first time callers Dave from Maine and Dennis from Florida. Dentist Dennis the dentist from Florida, and also good questions from Karen in Watertown, Tracy and Nashua a nurse and ed and nowan quality guests and high quality phone calls. That is what night Side at its best is what it's about. And we will continue right now with a couple of more good quality phone callers. Let me go to Danielle and Wooster. Danielle, I know you were holding on, but we ran out of time with the with the with the doctors, so you got me. That's all you got left.
Speaker 3: Going ahead, Okay, it's okay. The pressure of the high quality phone call.
Speaker 4: First, they wanted to thank the woman caller, sorry that I didn't catch her name, for kind of you know, making it clear that, hey, I have had line for years, and not everybody is silent.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 4: I mean some people, you know, perception of things. I don't always hear the whole conversation.
Speaker 2: And yeah, no, I understand. I thought that her call was very was very important. And I think that the quick agreement of the two doctors, I mean, there was no fight from the doctors.
Speaker 6: On that, and no, not at all.
Speaker 4: But I also think the doctors are owed a tremendous amount of gratitude for bringing to light, you know, lime and how understated it's been for years. I think I started to tell you the last time you had the subject on the air. Very good friend of mine, longtime neighbor, no longer a neighbor, but still a friend. Her mother died uh in twenty eleven. I believe it was of n state lime disease, but unfortunately she was diagnosed with als and by the time they realized it was Lime, that was far too late, and she unfortunately passed away. In her honor, my good friend Michelle founded the Central Mass Line Foundation, which I thought i'd give her a little plug. She's got a great Facebook group, you know, for local people. Anybody can join it, but you know, especially the local people. She does a lot of seminars and such with just unbelievably amazing information and funny. She just made a post about She shared a post from the lime dot org. I think it's site about MANJIONI is connection possibility to line just four days ago. She's tremendous and it's near and dear to her heart, and you know, because of her mom, and she's just brought so much awareness to this neck of the woods for lyme disease. She goes on, if you ever find a tick, you know to save it. And a lot of the doctors around here don't test properly. I think that your guests started to touch on that. You know, they're they're very limited their testing. So I think it's idexx Labs don't quote me on it, that will send you a pre test kit so that you can get an analyzed but I think now that was years ago.
Speaker 7: I think now.
Speaker 4: There's more people that are doing it the right way. So it's just so important that this is this is you know, broad to force into people because there's so many diagnoses out there that are turning out to not be what they what they were diagnosed. It's lime. Uh, they're linking, They're they're taking second look at Alzheimer's.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: My grains is just so much that well, I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: That doc that doctor Miller.
Speaker 4: Has, her last name is Miller, ironically.
Speaker 2: Ironically, Yeah, but doctor Miller, who I've now known for many years, has always emphasized me, uh, the number of uh neuro diseases, Yeah, people contract, including things like a l S and Parkinson.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the ice ice bucket challenge? Remember the ice bucket challenge?
Speaker 8: Remember the ice buckets?
Speaker 4: And uh, you know Michelle. You know there was people that are in support of Michelle and her quest here that would not participate in the ALS challenge because of the overlap and misdiagnosis between LIME and ALS. So this is going back years ago. So that's how hard she's working to bring us to foolish And so that was that was one thing I wanted to plug just really quick, so I know I'm with you know measing a lot of times. The other thing was they made mention of impulsive behavior that this you know a lot of people wake up and just do something random, and what in the heck? What were they thinking, like there's no rhyme or reason, and I don't That's the one thing about the man's the only case that kind of struck accord with me, because didn't they say that he manufactured this gun from like a three D printer.
Speaker 2: That's that's what the au.
Speaker 4: So I'm not saying that it's not really his line, but I just think this was a bit more calculated than an impulse of that. I mean, he clearly thought this though and had new well.
Speaker 2: It was very calculated because he had to be in the position outside that particular entrance to the Hilton hotel, and I think that much more is going to come out. Did was he able to get information either advertently or inadvertently from someone who could tell him where this guy was because he arrived there just a few minutes before the gentleman was walking down the street, and.
Speaker 4: He was in a perfect position, you know about that.
Speaker 2: Right, I have no idea what you're talking about in that I did. I didn't quite I was I was making a point. I didn't he want you to go ahead and make your point.
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 4: They referred to, you know, his wife and two children, but they had been separated for a year, they lived in a separate household. So I just, I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Well, that is nothing to do with anything. I mean, there's no suggestion that that was involved in this. And there are a lot of families who, you know, you have, have been separated for a period of time and they get back together and then they you know, So I mean, his personal life is something that I'm I'm totally.
Speaker 9: Unaware of that.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 4: At that did a whole thing on her. Her response to the media kind of broke it down and gave his thoughts.
Speaker 2: So I just, Danielle, look, I you know, first of all, I I have no idea how long you were married. I have no idea what the relationship was. I don't think that you know the fact that that they had had had separated, they were still married, they still had two children. You know, people deal with situations and circumstances differently, so I think that's an area that there's no reason for us to uh, you know, to spend much more time talking about that one. That's for sure in my opinion. All Right, Daniell, I'm gonna let you go. I thought you made a bunch of great points earlier in the conversation about.
Speaker 4: It's a great, great subject. I'm glad that you do it, and hopefully we can have both guests one again, because they are amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're tough, they're tough to get, they're not easy to get, but it happened to work, you know there. They are very solid, solid citizens. Thanks, thank you, Danielle. Well, we'll continue you our conversation. If you want to react to what doctor Al Miller and doctor Robert Brinsfeld talked about last hour about lime disease, I'd be more than happy to entertain a few more calls on that. I have Barbara, who's calling in from Connecticut. Let's keep the ball roll in six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty. Again. I think Nightside at its best is what we did tonight. We talked earlier about the drones over America. Uh, I'm going to be very interested to find out how that works out. If you like to comment on that from earlier, you're welcome. We just had lost Barbara, who was here, Barbara, I'm sorry if you got disconnected, please call back and we will get you back on uh in priority. UH. And if you like to comment on what we talked about last hour, lime disease and whether or not that might have had an impact on this, uh, this fellow who I cont some much sympathy for Luigi Manzioni, and I don't want anyone to think that, uh, that that there was any sympathy here for him, uh, because there are other reasons that. I mean, what he did was just reprehensible. Barbara and Connecticut love to have you back. You were held it, you held on for a long time. I apologize it and get to you. Six one seven two five four ten thirty six's seven nine three six on't seven nine three one ten thirty coming right back on.
Speaker 1: Nightside now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WITBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just wanted to mention that doctor Bransfield is working on a piece he told me for the Wall Street Journal. So if your journal readers, you may want to look at that when it's published. Uh. He is a prolific writer and you can find just google him in you get more information from him. Also, you can google doctor Miller, and many of my listeners have reached out to doctor Alfred Miller. It's doctor al Miller. Just a one word at gmail dot com. I just had someone was kind enough to leave me a message about the passing of a dear friend of mine, a lawyer here in Boston. I'm not going to mention it on the air. I'll wait, I guess, and see it in the obituaries tomorrow. But boy, it's tough when there are people who at one point in your life were very important and they might have helped you along the road, whether it's in your career or in your personal life. And sometimes they're you know, ten or fifteen or twenty years older than you. And so we say, no one gets out of this place alive. Let me go next to Tim in Wooburn. Tim, welcome back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Dan, how are you? I never knew much about lime disease, but I know now after listening to this these two doctors, you know I.
Speaker 2: Just think they're extraordinary guests. And I got to tell you, Al Miller has been a friend of mine for several years and we talked a couple of times over the weekend and he was the one who suggested Doctor Brandsfield and they were both great. I'm so proud of that hour. Uh, you know, you pull that hour together. I'm proud of the show tonight. And that's what's you know there earlier.
Speaker 5: Night when it was great. I loved it.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Tim, I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Tim called on Friday night and told the world that he hadn't received this coffee mic. He won a mug here on nightside from our friends at College Hype, and I said, you know, Tim, I'm sure it's on the way, And he was kind enough to call me on Saturday morning and send me a message on Saturday morning that the mug had arrived. And I hope that you've enjoyed the mug. It's it's a good dark blue, kind of like a cobalt blue blue cover.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it says it's navy. And also right as I was the shipping I have the packing slip right in my hand. It's a ship date December sixteenth. I would I received it the fourteenth.
Speaker 2: No was it was? It was shipped on December sixth. You said, right, right.
Speaker 5: Date December sixteenth. But I got it the fourteenth, which was great.
Speaker 2: No, No, it wasn't. It wasn't shipped on December sixteenth. December sixteenth is uh what uh sixteenth was is today today? So I guarantee it wasn't shifting in it. We probably was shipped on December sixth as a matter of fact. But again, if folks want to get any knightside gear, they can go to a nightside gear dot com. If you're looking for a quick Christmas present Honica President quansa present for yourself, go to knightsidegear dot com. Or you can also go to my citygear dot com, which gives you if you if you grew up in the Boston area and you're looking for a T shirt or something that commemorates your old neighborhood, whether it's South or Charlestown or Dorchester or Roxbury a Mattapana Hyde Park or West Roxbury or Brighton or South End, North End, East Boston, back Bay, it's all there. It's all there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Anyhow, I'd like to send you a Christmas Christmas greeting. And I in the in this paper right it says, uh, Jack dolreaty U five quody Galvan Gallavan Boulevard, Dorchester. Can I send you something?
Speaker 2: Can you send me something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Christmas card?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, just just send me a just send me a Christmas card. That's fine, but or just this is a Christmas greeting. Just wish me merry Christmas. And I wish you merry Christmas as well, Tim, So don't there's no need to say thank you. The fact that you call my show and listen to my show that's more than thank you. Why wouldn't I Why would I not be nice to you? So no, thank Adam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you treat treat me like gold. Anyhow, I wish you when you are a merry Christmas. I hope Sanna is good to everyone and I will forward to meeting you someday.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Tim, enjoy that coffee mug and uh, and hopefully as a result some people it's it's not the coffee Munk's a beautiful coffee mug and people, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 5: It's navy, it's beautiful and.
Speaker 6: It's right, Dan Rabel ROI for reason.
Speaker 5: Amen.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. All right, Tim, you have great, great Christmas and we'll talk soon. Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you, Dan, Dot you sir.
Speaker 2: Good night. Let me go next to up Charlotte in Connecticut. Charlotte, welcome. How are you tonight?
Speaker 7: Hi, good evening, Dan, how are you?
Speaker 5: I thank you?
Speaker 7: And this is the doctors, but I'm catching the last hour of your show. I have suffered many times from blame disease, and the last time was for a sixteen day stay at the hospital. People don't understand that it is a paralyzing neurological bugger, A little bugger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who I know.
Speaker 2: Who literally have had their lives upended. I mean everybody understands. You. You hear about someone who's in a bad car crash, or I've heard about your friends of mine who worked as roofers or they fell off a roof, and you understand that. But when you think about this little tick bite someone And I know I have one friend of mine who was virtually debilitated. She traced it to lime disease, and her dad was a well known doctor in Boston and trying to get her some relief from it, and it plagued her for twenty years. So it's been around a while and your story is gone alone. Charlotte, How is it that you've been so many times? Are you a god?
Speaker 7: I live in Connecticut. I live in East Lime one Tunnel Wine, which is the originator of London.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, I have been to East Line, Connecticut, by the way, it's a beautiful part of the state.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 7: People don't understand that there are eighteen different species of lime disease. So if you go in and you have the symptoms and they tell you you don't have it, there's a lot of false negatives which would actually positives.
Speaker 2: Right, You're absolutely right, and I hope that tomorrow you take the time to listen to the Hour at ten o'clock with doctor Miller and doctor Bransfield. You you. Doctor Miller made the exact point that sometimes if they test you for the wrong type of and he used to figure eighteen types of lime disease, and if they test you for the wrong type of lime disease, you're going to get a negative result. IM going to do tomorrow's go to Nightside on demand dot com and just look for the tenant for the ten o'clock hour, which is going to be very obvious you will enjoy it. My question to you is, obviously there's ways in which you can prevent line disease, particularly if you live in like a place like East Line, Connecticut. There are some sprays that you can use. There are some ways to make sure that if you're out in a cart, particularly when they're when they're active, make sure that the body of either your pants or your sleeves or tied tightly. And obviously when you get back in the house, you want to make sure you particularly if you've.
Speaker 5: Been water right.
Speaker 7: So I guard and go to the beach a lot, and ticks hang out also at the beach. They cannot fly through the air, they can be on those bushes.
Speaker 8: Whatever.
Speaker 7: What I wanted to say is my memory is shot. That was one of the things I wanted to talk about. I'm going through a euro test next week with my PCP. Because of this, I tire quite easily. I'm sixty too young. My memory is shot. I have a long term which is yeah, it's scary, it's real.
Speaker 2: It's sixty two. You're a young person, I know.
Speaker 7: But to feel this way at sixty two. It it is quite scary, but yes, I do as you say. I go outside to garden, I wear my wellies. I wear my my black wellies. I walk the dog, I wear my black wellies. I go to the beach, I spray my tanning lotion on and then I spray with bug spray. And again, I've learned very numerous ways to be preventative. My husband and I spot each other we come back from the beach, and these little buggers like to hide where it's moist, pits, knees, ears, wherever you're.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and literally.
Speaker 2: Believe that between your toes specific you have to be so. But just again, it can, it can change your life. Some people could be by lime tick and have no impact from what I understand.
Speaker 7: My understanding is that thirty, yeah, thirty percent of people that do get bit will not have a symptom as the bullseye. And I've had both. I've had, I've had no showing of a mark and the last time.
Speaker 8: I had it.
Speaker 2: But even people who are who are a bit from what I understand, by active you know ticks that have the brillia, as doctor Miller would say, yea, and somehow this system is immune from it. Look, there are people who get struck by lightning and die, and the people get struck by lightning and get up and and walk away. So yeah, you have to just look out, you know, for yourself.
Speaker 7: And I tell people, yeah to when your kids are outside, put a blanket down on the grass. Please check your children. These even if you're in Maine or if you New Hampshire wherever, they are now everywhere.
Speaker 5: They're on.
Speaker 7: Everywhere England, so you know, you get to think twice about going outside.
Speaker 6: You'd be safe.
Speaker 7: But I appreciate your time in addressing this very concerning illness, which is well Charlotte.
Speaker 2: If you have any time tomorrow, just go to Nights On and Demand. We put all of our hours up in podcast form. You got to listen to a few ads, but it's well worth it to listen to.
Speaker 7: It's always nice to learn more, to educate yourself more in this because it seems that it's a very progressive illness.
Speaker 2: And a little before you go, let me ask you have you called my show before?
Speaker 9: No, I have called.
Speaker 7: I have called in the past. It was many years ago. I think it was eighteen. I was living in New Hampshire, but in eighteen we had talked and so I'm not a first time caller, but I am a big time listener.
Speaker 6: How's that?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. I hope you become a regular caller. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 7: I wish you and your family and merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: And happy right back right back at you all. Thanks so much, talk soon, all right? We got the eleventh the News at eleven thirty coming up, and then we'll get to more calls. I would love to continue to talk about your experience with lime disease, because we had really a uh an important hour, that's the best way to describe it. And if you missed it, I hope you'll listen to it tomorrow on Nightside and demand if you liked. If you if we're done on lime disease and you want to talk about another topic, I'll give you a little an open line opportunity as well. I just think there's not much I can do to top where doctor Al Miller and doctor Robert Bransfeld contributed. Brands Field, excuse me, contributed to our audience last hour. But feel free your experience is a very important six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty and six one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty, and so they said tomorrow night at nine o'clock New Hampshire Governor Chris Soon, who probably won't be his last time here on nights Side. Hopefully he'll be a guest even after he leaves the Governor's Office in New Hampshire. So fill up the lines. I got some open lines. Let's have at it. It's a Monday night. We're moving into the Christmas Hanukkah Kwansa season. I'd like to be specific. If you want to wish me a merry Christmas. I would appreciate it. Back on Nightside, right after the news, a little bit late, but here it comes.
Speaker 3: It's night Side with.
Speaker 1: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right. As I was saying, news is over, let's go back to the calls, the lines are quiet. I'd love to know get your reaction to the last hour. You want more programming like that or less programming like that? I thought it was a great hour, a lot of information, something that can apply to literally everyone who's listening. Let me go to Gary in Wuburn, Gary next on Nightsaga.
Speaker 6: Right ahead, Dan, do you want me to hang up? I didn't want to talk about wine disease.
Speaker 2: No talk about it. I said, it's open. You can talk what you want to talk about.
Speaker 6: Go right ahead, thank you, dear uh Sonno, uh, he's not gonna be covering anymore. What's he gonna be doing next.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna find out tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: You don't know.
Speaker 6: I think you're talking with him all the time.
Speaker 2: I do, I do, But I think that I never asked him, you know, to tell me, And I thought I'd wait until tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: Okay, question, what are you doing on your Christmas r K?
Speaker 2: I tend to stay in the in the area. A lot of people like to run, you know, get out of town. But I love Christmas. I suspect you probably do as well.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I spend time kind of looking back on the year, kind of trying to pull my my thoughts together and get ready for the next uh, for the next year, which will come at us very quickly. I love Christmas. I love the run up to Christmas, and I also loved the few days after Christmas where you can kind of kick back and you have nothing to do. Who I'm not the most exciting guy in the world. Gary, you know what I'm saying. I mean, other people say no, I'm going to fly to a rube or and spend If not me, that's the last time. What are you doing over Christmas?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm a very boring guy. As a single guy, I do have family and so forth. But you know, I've been in a few homes o brothers that invite me out with their wives dinner and so forth, and be with all the grandkids and casting out presents. And I'm among the family, of course, But I my son, I'm alone again. I've always loved to be alone. One of my favorite things to do in life is just jumping my recline to chair, like a lot of people who are listening, throw on your blanket and listen to Night's Side and fall asleep and listen at the same time and to the night just listening to music and being in my recliner. How about you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's relaxing. Many people will tell me, oh, I listen to night Side or go to sleep, and it's like everyone will say, but I leave the radio on, which is fine with me. Whatever however they whatever they want to do, is fine with me. I just think that that week between Christmas and New Year's I'm not a New Year's Eve guy, I was when I was single many years ago. Okay, but and when I was in TV, I covered many of the New Year's Eve first night celebrations. I covered some of the first First Night celebrations back in the seventies. A lot of fun and all of that. But as you get a little older, you realize that, hey, I can enjoy You know. The other thing too, that for me is great, at least during Christmas vacation. I'd love to know what other people think about it is I get to catch up on my sports a little bit. Because one of the things about working eight to midnight is I'll miss this Bruins game or missed that Celtics game. I can kick back and see the college bowl games. I just think it's a great time of year to to like you. I mean, it sounds like that. You know, you stick with your family and that's that's about. That's all the excitement I need.
Speaker 6: I had a thing, a suggestion to you, but you kind of shot it down a couple months ago. But let I throw it right back before I go. You know, you got your final hour. You talk about the famous celebrities and so forth, which is awesome. How about this? I already proposed this, yere I think, I don't think it's dumb, but you really did shoot it down almost felt made me feel kind of foolish. But what is your go to song in life? To listen to older younger country music rockt it? What's your go to song that makes you feel good? We listened to the radio all the time. I mean, which song makes you sing all the time? For your song E've been singing like for fifty years? Like I'm a Bobby Vinton guy. There I said it again. The Benach City of you rolla is Saturday night you catch my drift?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a music guy. There's a lot of people who probably don't have a specific song for me at Christmas time, it's you know all I want for Christmas? The Mariah Carey song is a great song during other times of the year for being swilly, nell and on the road again, I mean, because that's one I can actually remember the lyrics to. I have a tough time either understanding the lyrics on some songs these at these days, But yeah, I might do.
Speaker 6: How about Billie sa Christmas has time to say I love you?
Speaker 2: Not familiar with that one.
Speaker 6: Well, you're playing commercials and I'll be listening.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big music guy, so that's why. But somenight i'll do that. As a matter of fact, I can't do it this Friday night because we're doing the charity combine. But I'll make it as a new Year's resolution if you will remind me like Wednesday or Thursday, because I don't decide on the twentieth hour until you know Wednesday or Thursday. I like the brushes with celebrity because it's always worked well, and people tell stories about meeting people who you know are famous or semi famous, and it's fun to listen about the people who treat them well. And maybe it's also fun or to hear the people that don't treat him well. But I we we we push our topics around, that's for sure. Hey, Gary, I'm up at my break. I gotta let you go. Thanks for thanks for checking in tonight. If I don't talk to you, have a great merry Christmas. And a week from tonight, I'll be taking our grandson to visit Santa Claus. Thank A friend of mine is a is a big Santa Claus guy, and he looks like the real Santa Claus. Gary up, we'll talk to him. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, Danny Ray, thought you soon.
Speaker 2: Good night. We'll take a quick break. Got some calls here, Got room for you. Six one seven two five four ten thirty. That's the key line that's open right now. Six one seven, four ten thirty. Be back on night Side. We got Joe in Boston, Joe and Belmont and Tom and Ohio and ladies want to jump on. Ladies were dominating early and I come on back, ladies. We'll be back after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios.
Speaker 2: I'm WBZ News Radio. Back to the phones. We're go gonna go to my good friend Joe in Boston. Joe, how are you tonight?
Speaker 8: Welcome back, good evening. My brother's dad. I apologize. The other day I call and I got cross because I was quirking on the call. Gotta dropped off. But you know, I apologize problem.
Speaker 2: I saw your call and then you weren't there. I figured something must have come up.
Speaker 8: So go ahead, all right, I'm gonna follow up on your last color. He's talking about music. I mean, yeah, gotta say my music guy depending who I take for my walk in the morning. Well, my favorite son of them all is living in America. James Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely hardest working man and show.
Speaker 8: Yeah and bring my expirits up because he's always say we might not be perfect, but we are the best country that there is and I'm very proud of being an American.
Speaker 2: Well, you came here and chose this country, which makes you, as far as I'm concerned, the best American. Okay, and you did it leave there, but it was your choice. I didn't have a choice. I was fortunate enough just to be born here.
Speaker 8: By the way, Yes, I mean you're one of those guys like I tell my friends. You know, you guys were born here. You're American by default. I just to be an American, so I'm more American than you are.
Speaker 2: I agree, Joe. I'm with you totally, and I believe that.
Speaker 8: I mean seriously, and I'm very, very grateful to my country, Dan, I am. Another topic that I wanted to touch up is your grandchild. You're doing the Christmas trip with your grand child to see Santa Clauses.
Speaker 2: I have a friend of mine I'm going to tell you who I tell you too. Privately, but I'm not gonna do uh. He Actually I think he thinks he is Santa Claus. That's how good he a Santa Claus. He is in terms of his demeanor, his appearance. He throws himself into it, and I happen to believe that he is Santa Claus. I mean he just if you met him, say yeah, you know. I mean, it's just.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 2: Just he will he's just let me see. He will be two and a half. He was born in the fourth of July, so he'll be two and a half on January.
Speaker 8: Four, after the New year. That's an American kid right there. That's an American child. Yeah, oh he's what does he call you?
Speaker 2: He calls me because his parents kind of forced them to call me papa. And I try to cheat because I want to. I wanted to be a baseball guy. Say call me pop up like pop up. But but he's so it's he'll sometimes pop up. Sometimes he'll say Papa.
Speaker 9: So, uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the best name of best title of that you can ever get because it was my grandson, which is my blessing, which is my God. That's the kid that I took to the game of the world sucks. He's now dare. He's a young man. He's a bustle Latin Ki. He's a young man, he goes.
Speaker 2: I was a Boston Latin kid a long time ago. So how many grandchildren do you have, Joe?
Speaker 8: Yes, that was yes, that was easy, like from a universe.
Speaker 2: Then well he's gonna he's gonna do well out of Boston Line School, I'm sure.
Speaker 10: So we be into a whole bunch of Celtish Celtics playoff games with me. Last year we went to the UH Patriots against the Kansas City Chief the Swift game.
Speaker 2: That was That was the game I remember. That was the game where Taylor Swift showed.
Speaker 8: Up right exactly. And we know a whole bunch of rest of us game because I'm fortunate enough that I have clients, they have season tickets.
Speaker 9: When then I.
Speaker 8: Used in those tickets, they called me take your grandson because they all know my grandson, which is a pleasant.
Speaker 2: Joe. If if if I got two more, I got to get to it. If I don't get a chance to talk to you between now and Christmas, Merry Christmas to you, Merry Christmas to your grandson, Merry Christmas to the entire family.
Speaker 8: Okay, that was the main purpose of my call, yes, to make sure that I saved. Merry Christmas to you before you take your little vacation for.
Speaker 9: The they break.
Speaker 8: Don I love you, I think, and I appreciate your all year and the best of luck.
Speaker 2: Joe, right right right back, right back at you and your family. Joe. So we gotta we gotta get to a game this year. That's that's that's one of my New Year's resolution.
Speaker 8: All right, Joe, you make my night. Have a good night at Thanks.
Speaker 2: Joe, talk to you soon. Gotta go to another Joe. This Joe is my friend in Belmont, Joe and Belmont. Next time nights, I go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 9: Merry Christmas, Dan.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas to you and many many more.
Speaker 9: Joe, thank you. I'd like to talk about two things. What did you think about too great baseball players dieing this year? Willie Mays and Pete Rose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it seems every year that we lose a couple of them, if not hall of famers. Certainly, Willie Mays was a Hall of Famer and Pete Rose probably should eventually be in the Hall of Fame. Despite so of the controversy that surrounded his career all time leader, what four thousand hits? I think there's one other player who maybe is even close to that.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I saw Willie Mays playing Candlestick Park around sixty sixty nine and Don Sudden pitched a one hitter. And I also saw the game you saw Jim Bunning pitching a no hitter, atin way.
Speaker 2: Did you realize that was in That was in July of fifty eighth.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm two years older than you.
Speaker 8: Dan.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. Do you remember who made the final out and the Jim Bunning no hitter? And of course Bunning through a no hitter in the National League too for the Phillies. Do you know who made the final out against Bunning.
Speaker 9: That day that afternoon, Ted Williams.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, flyball to al k Line.
Speaker 9: No, I remember that you told me that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's okay. And one other thing I saw one other one other no here at Fenway Park when Dave moorehead beat Jones September sixteenth, nineteen sixty five. Those dates get emblazoned in your mind when you see a no hitter, because and that was a game. I think The official attendance was twelve hundred people that day.
Speaker 9: Joe and Pete rose. How many times did he get over two hundred hits a season? He set a record for that.
Speaker 2: You had to head a lot of times. Hey, Joe, I got one more. I got to sneak in. I just want to wish you happy Merry Christmas and we will talk soon in the new year.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, I hope you live fifty more years. Dan, you and your you and your family and your loved ones.
Speaker 2: Right back at you, Joe, I've talked soon. Okay, thanks man, I appreciate it. Two of my favorite Jones Joe, Joe from Boston and Joe for Belmont. Goodnight, can i Joe? I got Tom and Ohio, Tom, you're the last. You're the caboosa on the show tonight. I got about thirty seconds for you. What can you do with it? Buddy?
Speaker 3: Hey, there's have you ever heard a lone star tick? Yes, mainly down south, but it's it's spreading north that it gives you alpha gallon. You can never eat meat again. Have you heard of that?
Speaker 2: I have heard of that, Yes, I have, yes. Okay, that's a nasty That is a nasty tick, my friend, there's no.
Speaker 3: Doubt that makes lions disease seems like cotton candy.
Speaker 2: Well, but yeah, it's it's tough. It is very very tough. Tom. Whereabouts in Ohio you call him from?
Speaker 3: I'm near Wheeling, West Virginia. I'm about ten miles from Wheeling.
Speaker 2: You know we talked about a couple of weeks ago, right last week? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm glad this met Michael.
Speaker 3: Call if I met Michael mistaken excuse me, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I think this is your second call.
Speaker 6: You told me I've.
Speaker 3: Called you a few times. I met Michael Torres at a bar in Saint clairso one time I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know who he was. Well the picture, sure, absolutely, yeah, and then to the pitch to Bucky Denty. Got to go here, Tom, I'm all right, I'll see them talk again. Merry Christmas. But I'm a flat up against it. Thanks, my friend. I want to thank Rob Brooks, want to thank Marie. I got to wrap it up here quickly. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where Mike pell Charlie ray Is, who passed fourteen years agoing to febly. That's well, all your pets are our past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again, see you get them more. Night on nightside everyone. I'll be on Facebook in just a moment.