Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we are get.
Speaker 1: Off our show, idiot.
Speaker 2: The kids are playing a tail off. Countries are screwing it up. Gold Play Inner.
Speaker 1: Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here?
Speaker 1: Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Here's nick coffee?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this. Welcome in, Happy Friday, everybody. Coffee and Company, fuel by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Thanks for joining us. Sorry we're a little tardy, but we're here, it's a Friday, and we're ready to rock and roll. I'll start with something that I said yesterday. I know at least a few times, but it's excited. It's excited to be excited because there's a big time Louisville basketball game tomorrow. And I mean I always knew that that was exciting, right, We love Louisville basketball around here. Of course, if you're a Louisville fan, if you're a Kentucky fan, you know you understand but it's you know, your love is for the other team, and your hate is for Louisville like our hate is for you. But you know what I mean, we care about college basketball around here more than most, maybe more than anybody, if you think about it. And I think when you really want to present evidence to anybody else out there, when it comes to just how petty, childish and just intense the rivalry is, I think the last twenty four hours have given us some good evidence as far as just the whole back and forth about ticket sales and all that, which we'll get into that later on. But anyways, there's a big game tomorrow at noon, Louisville and Tennessee, and I really don't remember the last time there was this kind of a buzz, And one of the big reasons is because there's a new era and Louisville basketball the last few years has really been nothing of what we know it to be and know it can be. And you know, I hadn't thought about this until I was talking to a friend earlier this week who has a younger kid that's, like, you know, a teenager, and he's a Louisville fan. But just because of how long it's been since Louisville was really like relevant. I mean, he doesn't know what it feels like, meaning his son, and I'm thinking, Okay, if you're a teenager, then sure you you know, you were probably pretty young. But man, you know, Louislle basketball is a big deal, and I'm sure they do know that it's a big deal despite how bad things have been lately. But like you've you know, you probably don't remember like the last time Louisville went on a deep tournament run, because you know what, this will be the ten year anniversary since the last time Louisville went to the second weekend. Crazy to say, but it's the truth. So it's been a while, and that makes it even more awesome to be in this position where you've got a big time opponent coming to town and you've got a chance to knock off a good team and get a win with real value in just the second career game that your coach has coached. And you know, I felt like earlier this week and I did it yesterday, did it Wednesday? I don't know if it was Tuesday. I don't know when I put it out there, and I probably presented it incorrectly. And what I mean is that, like, I think Louisville's gonna win. I think they're better, and I feel I felt like that was gonna be some kind of like a big shocker, like a big surprise thing when it comes to throwing that out there, because again, Louisville hasn't won a game against a good team and how long, like a long time. So just because maybe it hasn't happened in a while, maybe, you know, maybe that's why I assume that people would be taken aback, like, wait, he thinks they're going to win, But a lot of people think Louisville is either going to win or that it's gonna be a close game. Because right now, I mean, if you go to I checked DraftKings earlier, if you go to FanDuel Sportsbook, right now, Louisville in this game tomorrow, they opened up as one point underdogs, and I don't think there's been any change since then, but I am gonna double check because you know, it wouldn't shock me if there's already been been some movement here. Let's see, I gotta scroll all the way down, and that's one of the you know, I love the amount of college basketball games that we get to bet on, it's awesome, but if you're looking for one specific game any day of the year, really you're gonna have a tough time finding it because there's so many games going on, and maybe they don't have it yet here at Fandel. But I know on DraftKings Louisville opened up as a one point underdog, and if that ends up being what it tips off at, I mean that tells you that the expectation is that it's going to be a pretty it's gonna be a pretty close game. However, I'm wrong, so it's now up and maybe it opened up here at Fandel. I'll pull up DraftKings and see what it is now. But right now Tennessee is two and a half point favorite. So if it did open up at minus one, it's now minus two and a half for Tennessee, which, hey, that's still tells you that the expectation is that it's going to be a close game. And I think it'll be a close game, but I think louis is going to come out on the winning side. My confidence has grown as we get closer to the game, and I'm sure some of that is due to you know the fact that I'm excited. It's wishful thinking a little bit on my end, but I also don't think it's any kind of crazy stretch to see Louisville going out there playing pretty well and knocking off a Tennessee team that I don't really know how good they are. Now again, we don't know how good Louislle is either. Let's be honest, they haven't played anybody that is going to challenge him the way Tennessee probably will. But real exciting. Again, it's exciting to be excited. And I knew that the good vibes would feel better than they typically do because of what's going on the last few years, but it's even it's exceeded that, to be honest with you, all right again, Coffee and Company, that's us, Nick, Coffee, that's me. I hope you knew that. If not, now you do the company manage John all On alongside today taking you up until six o'clock. We are feel bout Thornton, so make sure you keep them in mind. We'd really appreciate it, because you know, Thornton's has been a great partner to me and to this show, and you helping out. Our partners is helping us out too, So if you would do that, we would be greatly appreciative of that. So sign up to become a member of the Refreshing Awards program. There's a lot of perks, including saving money at the gas pump. And I don't know about you guys, but I have now found myself really, you know, paying more attention to to gas prices, John, do you do you pay? Like, are you somebody that since you've had a driver's license you've been, you know, looking to see what prices are before you pull into a pump or you like, hey, they're all relatively the same. I'm not even going to pay attention.
Speaker 1: There was a time where I paid attention to it a lot more than probably I do now. But nowadays, I mean I kind of have the same gas stations that I'll go to, Yeah, whether it be near my house or near work, that type of a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I now that I think about it, there's one Thornton's that is kind of yeah by itself, but like you know, it's it's right there on my way, and it is you know, it's convenient, and it's you know, it's my it's my people my family, my Thornton's crew. So again we are proudly feeled by Thornton's here Coffee and company on Sports Talk seven ninety. Take us with you wherever you go. If you're gonna stick around, we'd appreciate it. But if you got you know, if you get out of your vehicle, and that's how you're listening right now. Just know if you pop open the iHeartRadio app, you can listen live there. You can also listen live at seven ninety Louisville dot com. And we've got a fun show. It's a Friday, good vibes, no doubt, and we are gonna have one guest join us. Coming up here at four point thirty. We'll talk to Ben McKee. He covers the Tennessee Volunteers for the twenty four to seven Sports Network. We'll get his thoughts on this matchup. He obviously can tell us much more about this Tennessee team than most And you know, I I'm just gonna get it right out of the way as soon as we bring him in. I'm just gonna ask, are you surprised to see this spread where it is? And I feel like it's gonna be and I don't know Ben at all. In fact, I talked to him for the first time today. We've never spoke other than hey, you want to come on the show. But I kind of feel it's gonna be one of the other. He's either gonna be oh no, not at all. I think the Louisville can win, or he'll be like, yeah, really surprised that Rick Barnes and the Balls aren't, you know, double digit favorites. But you know, really that wouldn't make sense because you know, I think when you stop for just a millisecond and like consider where we are in college sports and what Pat Kelsey was able to do. And it's not to say that he put together the dream team, but like if he stopped for just a second and consider that, you would say, yeah, wouldn't be a shocker if it's close game, but Tennessee's probably the better team, so they'll win. So yeah, that they'll be favored by you know, a few points, Like that's not some crazy thing to come to when it when you talk like trying to figure out what you think is gonna happen in a game, but a lot of people don't, right, it's recency biased. It's you know, out of sight, out of mind, meaning that if you're just thinking of Louisville lately, you're probably thinking about how bad they stunk, which is true, but now you can flip it really quickly. And Pat Kelsey didn't just go out and you know, hit the streets of Louisville asking kids locally to walk on. He went out and put together a pretty damn good team with the help of h with some innile money. So again we'll talk about it coming up here at around four point thirty. No Louisville football game this weekend, in fact, no Kentucky football game either. I don't think I think they're off. Then they have Murray, then they have then they have Texas, and then of course you know it's the it's the Governor's Cup game. But we are still going to talk some college football because there's still some games to wager on. I'm not going to leave John out. His Hoosiers have a big game coming up on Saturday. I'll just ask you real quick as we get the party started. I feel like there's more confidence in this one than there was against Michigan State. Not with just you specifically, but like I think Indiana dominating after being down to nothing, has made it to where there's now an expectation like, no, we're gonna go beat Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I do feel that way, so much so that I am actually taking the minus fourteen and a half. So am I against the Michigan And I usually don't bet on my Hoosiers. I have been the metrics say everything they cover spreads. The only time that they didn't technically was the opener against FIU. But until they prove otherwise, I think I'm gonna start riding the train of them covering the spread.
Speaker 2: I meant when I was talking yesterday to Brian Edwards, and I said, the safest thing in the last month for me specifically is Kurt Signetti to cover like he's I mean, I think you could make the case. And again it's all you know, each individual person's perspective, how they see it. I mean, after they got down ten oh and then you know, gradually climb back in. I mean, it was a pretty demoralize And again I know Michigan State's not great, in Michigan is better, but like you know, that was you don't know what you're gonna do in certain situations until what you end up in certain situations and they fell behind double digits and then just you know, kept rolling and completely demolished the state rest of the way.
Speaker 1: They held Michigan State to minus thirty six rushing yards last week.
Speaker 2: Insane. And again I was gonna bet on them before I knew that. Now that I know that, I feel even better. I mean, I kind of expect Indiana to win out like I'm well aware of the schedule and that when they get to Ohio State. Ohio State's going to be substantially different than any other team on.
Speaker 1: Their schedule, it'll really show if they belong in the elite team or not.
Speaker 2: That's really what it comes down to. And I think that's going to be one of the more fascinating matchups in college football this season, not just for Indiana fans, not just for Big Ten fans, but because Indiana has given you nothing visually to make you think that they're not really really good. But yes, their schedule is what it is, and they're Indiana. You've never seen this from them before, so there's going to be anticipation, I think, to just see, Okay, it's how real is this? And I can't wait? And I think they will be unbeaten when they get there, and hopefully they win by fifteen or more on Saturday. All right, so real quick, before we get to our first break, how about Lamar Jackson last night? How about I mean, down twenty one to seven early in the third quarter, and he finds a way to will his team back, and Lamar is making his MVP seasons look pretty blag considering what he's doing this year. I mean, he's been spectacular, and that's not really a surprise. He set that standard. But if you're not watching closely, which a lot of people probably aren't. A if you're not a Ravens fan and you just don't really consume a lot of NFL, you just kind of keep up with it, maybe just because of fantasy football or whatever, you wouldn't. I mean, you may just think this is a Louisville Homer telling you this because you know he loves Lamar, which both things can be true. I do love Lamar, but also like it's not about that he's I mean, everybody's saying it. The guy has improved, like it's a scary thing for the NFL. The guy collected two MVPs and then had a lot better and it's little things. I'm not someone that can tell you, you know, each quarterback how great everyone in the NFL is in particular order, and who's good at this, who's bad at that. I mean, I think we kind of know who gets it done, who's pretty good, who's not. But like Lamar, I mean, he's making plays now with his arm. He's making decisions now that he didn't make in previous seasons. Again when he won the MVP. He's got clearly some good weapons around him. There's no doubt about that. I mean, Flowers was a great draft pick a couple of years ago. Bateman came through big last night. And then obviously Derrick Henry is special. I mean, he's still getting it done at an ancient age when you consider running backs, although he really isn't that old. It's just, you know, it's crazy that nobody else thought there was much juice left in the tank for him. And the Ravens were willing to pay big money because of their window here being, you know, in the now, like if they're going to win a Super Bowl, the Ravens need to get it done here sooner rather than later. So they paid. But man, I think they're getting their money's worth, no doubt, so the ending. Clearly there was some controversy as far as some no calls late, but you know, I'm glad it worked out the way it did because I wanted that win. I mean, the Bengals and the Ravens have given us the two most entertaining NFL games of the season so far. I don't even think it's a debate. Maybe there's a game I'm forgetting about, but they were electric in their first meeting where it was just a back and forth shootout, and then last night it was kind of that as well. I mean, Lamar was on the set with the Amazon crew and asked to kind of describe it, and he said it remind him reminded him of a video game, which is true. I mean, it was just back and forth, back and forth as impressive as Lamar Jackson was igniting that comeback and making big plays. I mean, Jamar Chase is unguardable in space. I mean, it's it's it was almost and clearly he did a little taunting, a little celebrating last night, as both sides did. I don't have any issue with it, but on a couple of those plays, you got guys running next to him, and he's just like toying with him, like knowing I'm gonna make him think that they might get me. But nope, we're going if we're if I'm in space and we're next to each other, you ain't catching me. I mean, he's look, Joe Burrow is really good. He's playing really good football. You know, clearly he's he's He's now one and six against Lamar all time. And this is not a this is not a shot at Burrow in any way, because again, he's really good. But I don't know why there's not more talk about how they need Chase just as much as they need Burrow. I think, I mean again that maybe nobody talks about it because everybody thinks that's a crazy take and that's ridiculous. But quarterbacks matter, I know that, and finding a really good quarterback that can be your franchise is harder than finding a really good receiver. But Jamar Chase isn't just a really good receiver. He's insanely good. And when they made that run to the super Bowl, it was all about Burrow being the face for the franchise and the future, and he had so much Memorentum coming out of college and all that stuff's legit, and I think it was worth, it was deserving, but there wasn't enough, in my opinion, acknowledgment that Jamar Chase was a big part of that two breaking all kinds of records. So look, the reality is they both benefit from each other in a major way. But I mean, you take Chase off that team, Burrows still good, but how I mean Jamar Chase puts puts that offense in places that you know, maybe you could claim no other quarterback could could get it to Chase the way Burrow does, But I don't really know if I believe that. Like with Chase, it's just I mean, he can get open. He's electrifying when it comes to speed and athleticism, and he's not that big, but if you can just get him the ball in space, he's gonna go make a play. Now, obviously, his numbers and his performance last night looked a lot better than I mean, I might've been a career performance for him because he was playing against the Ravens defense and their secondary is just god awful. I mean, I was asking myself this last night, who do you think Lamar Jackson in his career, trusts more the offensive line that nearly got him killed the season he won a Heisman, or this secondary, this defense essentially for the Ravens. Who I mean, really the game would have been over in the Ravens covered if it not been for just, you know, some blatant penalties that like you just can't do. I mean, just inexcusable was some of the mistakes they made. And they got bailed out too. Let's be real. The helmet to helmet was a was a real penalty that probably should have been called the whole. I think it's a little debatable, but if they called it, I don't think you could claim it was you know, egregious. I don't think it had an impact on the play. But that's not really what reffs are supposed to do. They're supposed to just call it like it is. Well we all know that's not I mean, clearly, there's some things they'll call early in a game that they won't call late. And I think that's just a reminder that they're human beings, they're not robots. That it's tougher to call those things late when the game's on the line. But Lamar I mean, he's he's so good and he was already so good and now he got better and it's it's really a scary thing. Mouse stayed up with me last night, way past his bedtime. We watched the whole game, and he wasn't he wasn't very happy early on with that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean again they got off to a rough start. But speaking of growth for Lamar and just you know, him doing things that you know, and maybe he's always done, but now because he's been around long. You know, he's been in the NFL for gosh. I mean, he won his Heisman eight years ago. Crazy to think that it's been that long. But he's got a couple of MVPs. He's clearly a veteran, but he's still a young veteran, if you know what I mean. But like in the locker room, I think it was Bateman who said after the game, like what was said, and he just said, Lamar Jackson. I mean, he got us right. And like, Lamar's always been somebody that I think people respect the hell out of him because of his talent, the way he carries himself. He's a competitor, and his leadership I think has been something that has always been there, but I think it's evolved now to where he clearly will I mean, he could probably tell the coaches to get out of the locker room and halftime. I got this now. I doubt that happened, and that wouldn't be ideal because you know, I just don't think that's normal, But like, that's his that's his franchise, and these guys respect him, and I don't know what he said, but clearly it worked because that was a heck of a comeback for the Ravens. And how about how about a Thursday night game that is easily one of the best Thursday night games we've ever had as far as just the back and forth. Maybe I'm exaggerate reading in a little bit, maybe it's some recency biased on my end, but really, really hell of a game. Now, if you're a Bingals fan, I'm sure it was a punch to the gut. But still if you watch that with no rooting interest, or as a Ravens fan or a Lamar fan, it was awesome. All right, quick break, We'll try to give you guys an awesome show here on a Friday afternoon. We obviously need to discuss the whole ticket back and forth between Louisville and Kentucky fans. I love it. Also, some big news on a Friday that I'm sure it's getting a lot of national attention. But Todd Golden at Florida, I mean, if what is alleged by the student newspaper that he was doing as far as stalking, sexual harassment, like, yikes, big, yikes. All right, stick around, it's coffee and company. We're feel abou Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, it is coffee and company. Fuel about Thornton's here on a Friday afternoon, a beautiful, beautiful afternoon here in Louisville, and should be a really good weekend. And that's exciting, right. I worked out perfect here with the bye week for Louisville, the second bye week, which typically you would never have a bye week this late in the year. But again, it times out perfectly because there's a big basketball game that clearly I mean, if you're a Louisville fan, I mean, I think we'd all agree that this is the first time, probably since the Michigan game in twenty nineteen, where you know, there was a buzz in regards to like, man this big time, like let's let's go, let's I mean big opportunity that you felt good about meeting. You felt like your team was going to be able to take advantage of said big opportunity. When I say the Michigan game, I mean the one when you got back from playing WKU and Nashville over the Thanksgiving weekend. Michigan just wrapped up the I think they won the Battle for Atlantis and Juwan Howard's second maybe first year, and they ended up and I don't remember I should remember this. Did Michigan end up number one in Louisville. No, Here's what it was. Louisville ended up being number one because other teams lost, and then Michigan ended up jumping from like being unranked to winning the Battle for Atlantis to being like a top ten team. And it was your first real challenge. And of course Louisville, you know, came through in the atmosphere was crazy. It wasn't a sellout. But if you go back and look at that game, it was Chris Max's second year. Obviously they were a preseason top ten with Britain, they brought everybody back and you know that team was really good, and we'll never know how good they would have been in the tournament because there wasn't a tournament. But you know, that's the last time I can remember, you know, something similar to this. But I think this is a little bit different. Now. Maybe you don't get the type of crowd that we had at that Michigan game, and we'll see tomorrow. But you know, let's be real here, because of what's gone on from then until now, I think it's ramped up the anticipation and the excitement, and that's awesome. You know, nobody wanted to go through as a Louis basketball fan what's happened in the last few years. But if there is a silver lining, man, now that you're in this position again, and I'm not saying they're gonna win, I mean I think they will, and I'm I've said it. I believe they're going to win, but you know, obviously they could lose, and that hopefully wouldn't do rail a whole lot as far as the momentum. But I mean the scenario here where you are two games into your tenure and you can pack the Young Center really not totally full, but you know, a good crowd that if you're watching at home rather you're just a stranger watching college basketball on a Saturday at noon, or if you're watching at home as a Louisville fan or a Tennessee fan, here's something I do feel good about. I have no clue when it comes to the actual number as far as the amount of people that are going to show up, but it's going to be full enough that the lower Bowl probably doesn't have many empty seats at all, and the people that are going to be there are going to be into it, and that's going to give Louisville a really good atmosphere, a really good home court environment to give them, you know, an advantage. So you know that is that's exciting, no doubt. Now, yesterday, towards the end of the shows in the five o'clock hour, I played sound from a video that probably you know, the visual was a bigger part of it than than the audio, but it was still worth I think letting you guys here, Pat Kelsey as he was walking around campus getting students fired up about the game, asking them to come, encouraging them to come and show up and fill up the student section, and it got a lot of attention nationally. In fact, Front Office Sports posted something about it, which is a huge publication covering sports, business, sports media. Other college basketball accounts posted it, you know, prop it up Pat Kelsey, and then of course, you know, the rival used it as I mean, that's what they do. The rival. Kentucky fans, you know, used it as an opportunity to just you know, I guess act like Louisville. You know, God, look how sad it is. This is what has to be done to get people to come to a game. So I'm not at all surprised that that was twisted by our rival to make it appear that way, like, because even they know that that's not what that was. But when you get a chance to find even a teeny tiny thing that you could potentially, in your own mind manipuel late, you know, just turn it into something that it's not, you're gonna do it because that's what a rivalry does. That's what you know. I will say this and let me back up a second here to to kind of go a little deeper the rivalry here between Louisville and Kentucky fans when it comes to really anything in Louisville. But we're talking about basketball specifically here, you can't relate to it unless you're a part of it. So it is difficult to you know, to to to understand it in that aspect. But well, let me let me back up, let me let me, let me carefully reword it. You can't. It's more about not being able to relate. Like you know, you see that we're lunatics about every little thing, right, No better example than the way they filled up Freedom Hall for the TBT game. You know, you can go back to twenty twelve the dialysis clinic, like you know, I mean, we we get into the petty levels around here as far as the rivalry that I don't know where else they come even close to it when it comes to matching our petty So a lot of people can't relate. But when it comes to understanding it, it's really simple. It's not that complicated. We will make fun of each other and rib each other, go back and forth, right, throw in jabs, rivalry jabs, back and forth. We will go to great links to make fun of the other side. And if we did have any moment of like reflection where we could like hit pause and the rivalry energy that is just wired in you. It's part of your DNA. Like if you could just do something to like pause that for a second, you would realize, oh wow, Like we're making fun of them for this, but if we did it, we would we would love it. Like that's really how simple it is. It's petty, it's childish, it's petty. I wouldn't have it any other way. So, like, if you really consider some of the things that we've gone back in with as fan bases, it's it's ridiculously patty. And you know Kentucky fans like today they're making fun of the way in which U of L and their partners are doing everything they can to try to make it a packed atmosphere. Rick Kieber buying up a bunch of tickets giving them away for free yesterday. Rick Kieber, of course, for those who don't know, the CEO of glob Brands, Think Suntan City and Planet Fitness, always been a big time supporter of u of L and has shown that many instances that he will support u of L in a lot of ways with nil with corporate don't I mean just being a good partner to the school's athletic department. And then yesterday just buying up a bunch of tickets and you know, giving them away to people who signed up Planet Fitness. You know they're now you know, other than what Rick did as far as just buying them up and providing a link for people to claim them. If you're a member at Planet Fitness, you could have signed up. I'm not sure if it's still act if you could have signed up to get two free tickets, complimentary tickets, and then I think UPS bought a bunch of tickets and is going to give them away to some of their employees. I don't know the specifics of that, but clearly a lot being done for Pat Kelsey in this program by u of L, the community, their partners to make sure that this is a rocking atmosphere, which again like this is there. If they have the ability to do that where it's not, I mean clearly they do or they wouldn't do it, then that's awesome. That's something that can help speed up the process of getting this thing back to where for big games you've got close to twenty two thousand people there. So like it's it's it's it's not something that I think most would view, even people who don't give a flying rats ass about Louis of basketball. Probably wouldn't bat an eye to see that after three disastrous seasons, there's some need for community, you know, there's some there's some needed push to get a place full on a Saturday in November in the second game of the regular season. Like it's not that it's it's not a big deal. But Kentucky again, I get it. It's the rival They're gonna use it as Oh look, how sad they are. I mean, this is what they have to do to give people to go to games. And again, like I don't it doesn't do anything to me, Like I know that, Like you know, it fires people up and they get angry, and you know, if anything, I guess that's just a reminder how crazy the rivalry is. But like maybe you could, you know, not get so worked up about what a U of UK or U of L fan says that if you just realize how this works and how I laid it out like we will, it's not about what's right or wrong or what you think is laying what you think is cool. It's just if it's your team, you're gonna support it, defend it to the death. Of you seemingly at times, and if it's the rival, you're gonna do anything you can to try to weaponize that against them and make fun of them, because that's what rivals do. But not just any rivals, rivals to this level where it's this crazy and this petty. So you know, John, you're an outsider here or you don't have I mean, I do think you probably have a you probably have a side that you prefer, but I don't, you know, maybe you just do that because you like working with me, But like you know, you're not a Louisville fan per se, not a Kentucky fan. Like, am I wrong there? Like from the outside, like we we just love to rib each other because we're that crazy as far as rivals, But really it's about petty stuff and that, Like deep down, I don't really think the Kentucky fans are taken aback because wow, I hope Louisville basketball can one day get back, because man, it's just sad that they're having to have some people donate tickets, like it's it's just what we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's always it's always kind of fascinated me, and I think maybe even more so now because up until this point, you're almost kind of fishing for ways to kind of be petty with each other in basketball because there's really no reason to do so. Over the last couple of years, now you have two totally different scenarios where you have two brand new head coaches and you're kind of rekindling the fire of this rivalry into something that it hasn't been in a long time.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah. And the reason I say that you would make fun of somebody for because again, like Louisville got crushed when they hired Pat Kelcey because you know, Kentucky fans were laughing that that's who Louisville went out and hired. And it was really really emphasized in the first few days of the hire how he'd never won a tournament game. How could Louisville hire somebody who never won a tournament game. Well then they did the same thing, what two weeks later, three weeks later, how long ago, however long it was after that, and they accepted it, right, I mean they didn't initially, but like again, it's just that's how much we are loyal to our side and how much we hate the other, because again, the rivalry is just that intense. So Matt posted the Planet Fitness email and I'll read it. Planet Fitness sent out an email to members that said, as a value Planet Fitness, Louisville member were policed to offer you the opportunity to claim two free tickets to the Saturday, November ninth Louisville Tennessee game. Click below to claim up two tickets while supplies last. And Matt shared it and just said presented without comment because Matt loves making like out And again, I'm friends with Matt talked about earlier today like this doesn't get in the way of our friendship. I know what he's doing, I know how it works, like it is what it is. But he's definitely been on the attendance thing more than I would have expected. But you know why, he's probably paying more attention to Louisville now because the rivalry has been reset. I mean, both are starting new, starting fresh, and who knows how good either of them are going to be. But you know, he posted a picture of the attendance at the Moorhead State game and it led to you know, mostly Louisville fans just jumping down his throat about how you know this is just not true at all. The crowd was awesome. There were empty seats up there at the top, but the lower bowl was pretty full, mostly full, and that atmosphere was and it was the atmosphere was great. But you know, the atmosphere can be great to everybody on television. But if there's some picture that shows five empty seats, somebody, maybe probably even probably Matt is going to post it and be like, oh, Louisville fans are sad, nobody goes games anymore, what's happened to our rival? Like that's just what he does. So maybe because he got so much pushback the last time, he just said presented without comment when he shared the picture of this email the screenshot. Well, you know, I don't know this for certain, but Matt. In twenty seventeen, as you know, Kentucky was fresh off of a an Elite eight appearance. Like they were coming off of an Elite eight appearance where if they didn't lose to Luke May and North Carolina on a buzzer beater, they probably win the national championship. So they were in a good spot. Well, cal Perry bought two thousand tickets for UK fans to go watch them play Morehead, because you know what, people weren't people weren't going, like they weren't buying tickets. So like you know, a guy that they worshiped for a long time and then of course, you know, things got sour. He did the same thing, and he did it whenever you shouldn't have ever needed to do that. Whereas Louisville, like it makes sense, like it's not gonna be a snap your fingers. Oh they got a new coach and he's he's really winning people over and then they beat Morehead staate, Oh wow, twenty two thousand are going to show up, Like that's not realistic. So doing these kind of things makes it a little bit more. You know, it's it's needed. And if people go and Louisville plays hard, it's a competitive game. I mean, hopefully they win, but even if they don't win, and the atmosphere is great, like getting doing this, you know, relying on you utilizing the help from great partners like Rick Keyber and Planet Fitness and whatnot, and whoever at ups is apparently going to help out, Like that's that's to be expected given the recent years. So I don't know, I don't know if Matt knew that tweet was sitting out there, somebody kept receepts from that tweet in twenty seventeen whenever Cow bought two thousand tickets and he was praised for it. But like, I don't know, if Matt knew that he'd put that out there before, would he still have posted the Planet Fitness thing. He probably would have. He's a really good lawyer, or he was a really good lawyer. He doesn't do law anymore, so, like you know, he probably he's probably gonna be able to talk his way around it. But it is I mean again, it is what it is. Cal Perry was fresh off of an Elite eight with a really good team having moment, and yet he had to buy two thousand tickets so peop would show up to see Morehat State. Pat Kelsey is inheriting a program that won twelve games total in two years. So anyways, I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way. We are petty, childish, insane and probably not good for our health, but I love it. Quick break, We'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. It's coffee and company, and we are feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right. Coffee and company are rolling along here on a Friday afternoon as we wrap up the three o'clock hour, still two more hours to go, so stick around. We'll get you set for the weekend. And if in fact, your weekends usually include sex, I've got something that could make that even better for you. And that's called blue Choo. Blue Choo is a unique online service that delivers the same active ingredients as viagra and Cilis, but an eschewable form at a fraction of the cost. Look when it comes to the bedroom and your performance fellas, I mean, shouldn't you always be wanting to improve your performance? Continuous improvement? I mean, that's an important thing in a lot of aspects of life. It should be the same way with sex. I would say, if you perform well, there's gonna be incentives, maybe more opportunity, right, Like think about it as an athlete, right, you perform well, you're probably gonna get more playing time, more reps. Right, same thing at home with your wife, you know, if the experience is great, might lead to her wanting to have more of those experiences. And Bluechoo can help you do exactly that. It's an online prescription service. No visits to the doctor's office, no awkward conversations, no waiting a line at the pharmacy, ships right to your door in a discrete package made right here in the USA. They give you the same active ingredients as Vager and Cillis. But also it's in that little blue chewable pill that is so I mean, it's like candy. It's that good. So take advantage of it, fellas. And when I say take advantage of it, I don't just mean take advantage of how you could improve your performance and enhance an experience that's probably already great. I mean take advantage of this opportunity that blue Choo is giving you to try it for free for an entire month. So if you go to blue choo dot com use the promo code Nick seven ninety at check out, all you gotta do is pay five bucks shipping again free. Just pay five bucks shipping blue cheo dot com promo code Nick seven ninety to get your first month free blue Cheo. Just chew it and do it. I mean that's a pretty good analogy, right, I mean, look, if you play well, you perform well, likely means you're gonna get more opportunities, same thing in the bedroom, right, I mean, I mean, everybody's situation is different, but I mean I'm just saying, like I think that would be you know, like I think that I think it checks out. Again, everybody's situation is different. But I don't think I'm making some kind of crazy comparison there. Like players work hard, they perform well, they get rewarded with more opportunities, bigger contract. I don't know if you're gonna get a contract from your wife, but maybe.
Speaker 1: Would that mean that wouldn't be prostitution, would it?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a really good question. Can you get in trouble for prostitution if it's your wife? Answer? Those are only questions you get on this hard hitting sports show. Of course, that's a great question. Now I'm curious. Now I can't move on. Now, I'm no longer thinking about Tennessee and Louisville tomorrow. I'm curious if I proposed my wife, you know, with with with five hundred bucks or something, and it you know, with that five hundred dollars payment, I would need some services from her. Technically that is flat out prostitution. But like because we're married and technically our money is the same. Like, you know, would I get in trouble? Like would could she claim to? You know, she'd be I mean we're both guilty there, right. I mean, although a lot of people have claimed prostitution is a victimless crime, and you know, we don't need to get into that conversation today. But I've always understood why people would say that. But like imagine like getting divorced and figuring out like who owes what, who's gonna get what? And like, you know, you want your money back, you gave it to she's leaving you, and you you know, well, I guess if you've already paid for it, then maybe you can't get your money back. I don't know, But again, only something you'd probably hear on a ridiculous show like this. No, it's great, that's I mean, that's that's great. I mean, I'm glad you asked, because those are the questions people want to talk about. I mean, that's it's facts, all right, two hours left. We're gonna finish strong here and take you up till six o'clock. Don't forget we've got a guest coming up joining us here in the four o'clock hour. At four point thirty, we'll talk a little bit about this Tennessee volunteer basketball team that's coming to town. Ben McKee of twenty seven Sports joins us so stick with us hour number two on the way right here on Sports Talk seven ninety