Speaker 1: Good morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on Game one, the one you across. We have Logan Young in with us today from Martinsville High School. Mad Week is going on.
Speaker 2: First of all, welcome, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Happy to be here. I'm happy to be anywhere. But Mad Week, that just sounds like you guys are just having fun. Yeah, fun in school? Come on, where does that come from? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know what is MAD Week? So? MAD week stands for make a Difference a week and pretty much it's our school's philanthropy week where we raise a bunch of money, do a fun events and such, and try to give as much money as we can to the charity of choice.
Speaker 1: So how do we do this? I know you're going mad trying to get it done. Yeah, but what are some of the things that are you know, the fun elements that kind of push the leverage to get the money to flow.
Speaker 2: So we're hosting a couple events at the high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One is called art Line, which is basically an art show slash music performance at the Fine Arts Center. And so it's like a fee to get in and then once you're in you can purchase art from the art students which goes to the fundraiser, but it also will help out the art students there, so it's like a little commission for their art. And so that's one event, and then we're doing a talent show, which is another thing you can buy tickets to that go and watch some cool events. But other than that, there's like a QR code on the school's Facebook account. You can go and just donate however much you please to Fostering Success, which is the charity that we're doing this year.
Speaker 1: Fostering Success. Correct. Great, Well, you know that you find arts program out there at the school is great. Oh yeah, you know, youngest of seven is a senior this year and she's been with the theater you know, ever since we've been here, and we've been blessed to see a great deal many shows and we've also seen some musical presentations wells theatrical and artistic stuff too as well. So it all comes under that umbrella and it works out pretty darn well. You've got some great instructors there, you've got some great people to cheer you on, I know the parents do. So this is something worth making a monetary investment if you ask me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, so that's yeah, that's pretty much what we're trying to get out of this is we know there's a big push for the fine arts group at our school, and the parents love it and the community loves it. So yeah, I mean, like you said, just really focusing in on that and trying to make some money out of it, get the charity.
Speaker 1: Get it going yeaheah, no kidding. So this is gonna be a lot of fun now. I can tell you from the Talent show perspective, it can go one of two ways. It can be one of those things where everybody is just so fantastic you can't believe it, or there's a couple of funny ones in there that you just can't believe it. It's still worth the price of admission because you know, you're just you just don't know what you're gonna get. It's the unknown exactly, And and I kind of prefer the latter, because you know, if it's everybody's stellar, it's like, wow, you know that was pretty cool. But if people are different, and sometimes you get kind of exposed to maybe something you've never seen or heard before, well, hey, there's a winner there too, you learn something. Oh yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we had auditions last week right before school let out for the weekend, and there's some pretty cool acts. I mean, a lot of singers, some good pianists, some good stuff.
Speaker 1: Any sort swallowers this year, fire eat or stuff like that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we've got we've got a few comic acts.
Speaker 1: Yeah so you got some comedy. Oh yeah, yeah, that'd be good. Yeah. I'm excited to see what they put out.
Speaker 2: I mean, we hosted auditions, but you know, they could change it up for the final act, so we'll see what they come up with.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you know, like I said, that's really worth the price of admission. It doesn't matter which way goes, because the people on stage are having fun. They're just having fun, and the folks in the audience they paid to have fun. Great performance. Yeah yeah. Now with the r that's involved here, you can kind of take your time once you pay that little fee to get in and you can just really let it roll. You can really take your time in there and appreciate everything that's being presented, and if you appreciate it enough, you can actually buy it correct take it home with you. Yep, give it a new place to hang out exactly.
Speaker 2: So there will be complimentary snacks and drinks. I mean you can really treat this like it's an art fair and go and just hang out, check out some art, talk to the artists, purchase there are in Like I said, some of the music students will be involved. Oh yeah, playing solos as sort of like background music, and so you can go over there and sit and watch them do their thing as well. Unfortunately you can't buy their solo but you know, you can still watch and have fun.
Speaker 1: Don't tell them but on Spotify because will never get paid. Yeah, it's just me but digging. But this is gonna be great. When are the dates for all this?
Speaker 2: So Art Laza is March thirteenth, from six thirty to eight pm and the Fine Art Center Lobby. I believe it's I believe it's a five to ten dollars admission fee. Kids under a certain age get in free. I'm not exactly sure what age that is, but it'll be at the desk when you get there. Sure, and then as far as art prices go, that kind of varies. But the talent show will be Wednesday. I think it's next week, Yes, next week, windy day. Yeah, during school hours. I think it's during advisory, so that'll be like nine thirty to ten thirty or so. But other than that, Yeah, and the the what's it called QR code you can just donate to that whenever.
Speaker 1: So well, that's great because if you go where can we find the QR code?
Speaker 2: Again, it is on the Barnesville High School website, I believe, and also if you follow the Bartzel Stutcho pages on social media, they are posting it everywhere as well.
Speaker 1: So good. So you can just do that little scan thing and then put in the daughter amount that you wish, yes, exactly, and your you've supported mad week exactly for this year. Yes, yes, got to come back next year? Do this?
Speaker 2: Yep, every year every year gets mad.
Speaker 1: Well. It's supposed to be a good thing, and it will be a good it'd be a great thing too, now, yeah, I was talking to you, Logan Logan Young is with us here from the high school. What's after high school for you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go to OU and study air traffic control. I'm really excited. Should be fun times. I'm also looking to join the band maybe while I'm there.
Speaker 1: What interesting me do you play.
Speaker 2: I'm in percussion, so I play snare, Yes, exactly my favorite.
Speaker 1: I played the drum set.
Speaker 2: But during marching band, I play snare drum and we have a fun time out there.
Speaker 1: So that's good. That's good, you know. But when I was growing up in the nineteen seventies, uh, everything was was pretty much you know, standard as far as the band was concerned. Yeah. However, because I went to a small school, it took five towns to put our school together, and I had a graduating class of one hundred. It's still to this day was the biggest. So I'm telling you this is sparsely popularly, but we would go to larger communities like say a Bartlesville or maybe even a Tulsa to play sports. And even though we knew we were gonna get our heads handed to us, the other schools bands were just like way cool. They all of a sudden started doing things like what do you call this thing called a drum line? Yeah? Yeah, and it was like what, wow, you know, that's something else. And you know, I started figuring that, you know, maybe I was in the wrong field. Maybe I'll be hanging out with those kids to getting crushed by some big guys, that's twice my size. But anyway, you know, I realized that that paid off big dividends because you get exposed to different types of music, and you get exposed to just a whole lot of different things, and you know it's good for you to stretch the brain. Yeah, it is, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they're getting pretty theatrical with it nowadays.
Speaker 1: I mean they are.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not just your normal like drill that you used to see. It's they're gonna have props out there. I mean, storylines even to the show. It's pretty crazy now when you're concentrating. I mean you're counting, You're you're counting. Everybody's following your account. You got you can't get.
Speaker 1: Distracted, No, no, you get distracted. Everything is like it's like the car got a flat tire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of falls apart there. So yeah, it's a lot of teamwork. We stay focused though, So it's good.
Speaker 1: Now, do you miss those days where you're out there at the crack at nne you know, getting then waiting for the heat to come up, just just mug you.
Speaker 2: No, No, not, I don't really miss them that much, especially in the cold of winter.
Speaker 1: You know you don't like those.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, early morning practices were not too fun.
Speaker 1: No. Did you ever go out in the hot, hot heat during football season to get a field for the field or did you guys do the inside stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we had band camp late July into early August to just prepare and yeah, I mean I think we had a couple high nineties practices and out there in the sun. We were out there for three or four hours.
Speaker 1: But people give the band a hard time. I'm here to tell you you guys can sweat five pounds off water. Yeah, no time. Oh yeah, good gravy, so good lucky. How do you audition for the band when you go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they've got a few different ways. Now. You can do virtual auditions, which is submitting a video of yourself playing through the music, or you can go to OU and actually audition in person on their audition day. And I think I'm gonna go in person to audition. Yes, I'm sure it does. Yeah, but you know you exactly. Yeah, so hopefully it goes well. I mean, I'm trying to learn my music. It's pretty hard, but I think it's going to go.
Speaker 1: It'll be good. Watch the syncopation. Okay, yeah, all right, and once again Mad Week is next week. We've got the art show coming up on the thirteenth, thirteenth. That's your lucky day, folks, because there's music involved and there's all kinds of art, and you can take them the art. Can't take them to the music. The moms and dads want their kids back, so you know, they got to stay they get the music, got to stay there. But the works of art you can take home. And then you've got the talent show coming up from like nine to ten coming up on next Wednesday, right, yes, right, correct to school? Can you buy tickets for that? Or is just school just showing up that you I.
Speaker 2: Think it's mostly the school just showing up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's gonna be hilarious. Yeah, it'll be good. That'll be great. And once again, where can we find the QR codes if we want to donate for this week of philanthropy through through Mad Week?
Speaker 2: Yes, so they should be on the school website, the BHS website, and it should also be on the bartzolstu COO page. Just across social media, so Facebook, Instagram, it should be on there.
Speaker 1: So there's gonna be a lot of fun. Yes you're looking for Are you gonna be one of the performers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be playing a solo at Art Laza.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're gonna be that doing that thing called Tusk there that Fleetwood Mac where it's really nothing better. But sadly no, sadly no, one of my favorite songs. I couldn't screw that up on a guitar. Yeah. Well, Logan, thank you very much for being with us today. Thank you so much. All Right, thank you books. You've been watching and listening to our community connection. Thanks for listening to one on one with a professional. A paid presentation of fourteen hundred K one