Speaker 1: Deever than nine first on one foe cast. That's gotta be a sunny day early and then clouds will roll in. We'll have a high eighty five with a few showers overnight down to sixty three, more showers tomorrow, mostly cloudy all day eighty two, a few showers over night down to sixty four, and a partly sunny Saturday one up to eighty five.
Speaker 2: Fifty nine degrees right now typ for traffic.
Speaker 3: From the US Trampling Center. Substance attendance is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help call five one three five, eighty five, eighty two two seven southbound seventy one delay times starting to drop, which is still need an extra twenty minutes from above two seventy five to the lateral southbound seventy five is closer to a fifteen minute delay through Blackham northbound seventy five starting to improve out of Florence heavy from Donaldson into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: AY thirty fifteve KRCD Talk Station, A very happy Friday eve to you always made happier because of this moment in time. Every Thursday we get to talk to iHeart Media Avation. Nextbert Jay Ratleif, who takes a few minutes away from making thousands of dollars in a couple of minutes as his day trade job to spend time with my listeners to talk about aviation issues. Jay, welcome back, my friend. Always love talking to you.
Speaker 4: Now. Sometimes my students we take a few more than a couple of minutes. Yeah. The key is to stay away from the stocks that you know are gonna torpedo. And when you know that, you can, you know, protect yourself against losses and the games take care of themselves.
Speaker 1: Ay man, And don't get greedy and just take your ever ever ever ever know a bird.
Speaker 2: In the hand. Yeah, it's worth to they get in run exactly there you go, all right real quick here.
Speaker 1: It wasn't on the list, but I had to ask you about this because the visuals are just so wild. Over in Atlanta, we had two Delta planes collided Atlanta Airport and the tail got knocked off.
Speaker 2: One the vertical stabilizer.
Speaker 4: You're right. You and I've talked about airplanes that clip before. Yeah, you know one get one one jets being pulled back and it it nicks the plane next to it, and you really have to sometimes look to see, oh oh yeah, I see the little bit of damage right there on one of the airplanes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: This is the first time I've ever seen an entire vertical stabilizer get ripped off the airplane. Now, you know, if you're one of Ohio State Patrol's finest and you're doing an investigation, a lot of times they will look at the position of your car to see, okay, where you had fault. I mean, where you were supposed to be. When you look at that Bombardier jet, the CRG nine hundred, it appears to be center line right there on the taxiway, kind of where.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be.
Speaker 4: So that makes you think that the much larger A three eight three point fifty that came by on its way to Tokyo when it ripped off that tail might not have been exactly where it should have been. So fortunately, no injuries. Sadly, you know, two planes we had passengers that had canceled flights. They had to reroute them, but nobody got hurt.
Speaker 2: And that's always a good thing. When you got two.
Speaker 4: Fully fueled aircraft that are preparing to take off. This wasn't a bump, this wasn't a clip. This is something that had a degree of speed to it. So I'll be very, very anxious to see the NTSB report when it's finalized.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, you know there's got to be some sort of video of this. I mean at an airport.
Speaker 4: Well, you know there should be. You know, Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world. They've got cameras everywhere at It's always surprises me when somebody's running from the police they run into the airport. It's like, I'll run into this casino.
Speaker 2: They will never spine me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, they got cameras everywhere, I know.
Speaker 1: I love that about convenience store robberies, was like, it's on video. Here's a picture of the guy, Robin the convenience He's like everywhere in the world.
Speaker 2: Is like banks.
Speaker 1: You see banks, you could be the one place in the world where you knew there was gonna be video cameras you can look up and see when they never were any place euse Now they are literally everywhere on everybody's front door. And that obviously an airport. So I'm dying to see a least video of how this happened, because it's just the most odd thing to behold when you see that entire tail section just knocked right off. I mean, that's got to be on there really good. I mean, this is not something that's sort.
Speaker 2: Of stuck off that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're designed not to come off. That's kind of the whole the whole thing there. And you know, we'll see if the smaller Endeavor air Delta subsidiary was where they were supposed to be or not. But regardless, when you're at the middle of your taxi way, there shouldn't be danger of your aircraft coming into contact with any other aircraft anywhere at all. So again, it may have been the smaller airplane's fault, I don't think. So we're gonna to wait and see exactly, and the investigation will find out and Brand has always will learn from it will make commercial aviation say for him. You know, when you go back and look at the history of accidents decade by decade, you're struck in the seventies and the eighties, even the nineties about how many plane disasters we had in the course of a single year. And so when we see something like this that takes place where okay, nobody was injured and we can learn from it. And then you look at the number of non accidents really that we've had decade after decade, it really just goes to show that we are learning from all of these incidents and we are making commercial aviation safer as a result, not only for US carriers, but this information will be shared with airlines all over the world.
Speaker 1: That's a very valid point. Day, I learn from your own mistakes. You think Boeing would take that intoer heart, right, Well.
Speaker 4: There's also a self reporting situation. If you and I are flying a flight of a commercial airline and we make a mistake, we're protected if we report our mistake, and we're encouraged to do so so that we can a learn from our mistake, have others learn from it, and then finally make sure that we try to provide information that would prevent future crews from making that same mistake. And it's maybe not done all the time, but it is reported a lot of times where these pilots will self report themselves with regards to something that took place. Now, there's a lot of times something happens where they are not as forthcoming as they should be, but many crews are that and hats off to those men and women because they're saying, look, okay, we made a mistake we shouldn't have, but we're gonna learn from it and hopefully other crews can learn from it as well well.
Speaker 1: Well, Paul, I to bring Jay Ratliffe back, continuing with our safety incident, apparently some serious ones regarding Southwest Airlines. We've got some cash fines for flight delays maybe coming and memories of nine to eleven and the way air travel has changed more with I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliff. After I get to mention someone I love or some people I love to mention, I'd be Wendy and Jeff, owners of twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven. They have such a fantastic gun store and indoor range. Couldn't find a better one, and you couldn't find better people. As far as the owners you're helping out are, well, you're doing yourself a service going there. You got a great selection of firearms. Knowledgeable staff can walk you through the process if you've never bought one before. The ultimate great equalizer. I strongly recommend it. Have bought several firearms from twenty two three. I have shot on the range a bunch of times. You're never gonna find a better indoor range either. Membership options. Become a member, never pay a lane fee. They got a whole bunch of different membership options. They have training classes like even this the concealed carry class, which is still important if you're planning on traveling with your firearm. They have a gunsmith, they have everything twenty two three again route forty two between Mason and Loven and learn more about the shop and tell Wendy and Jeff. Brian said Hi, when you get in there. It's number twenty two, followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three.
Speaker 2: Dot Com fifty five car the talk station. Men, if you're suffering from Hey thirty nine, if you about KRCD talk station.
Speaker 1: Friday Eve Bright Time was with Ourheart media aviation expert Jay Rattler, pivoting over in terms of safety incidents, moving away from the tail falling off the airplane.
Speaker 2: Southwest Airlines, what's going on with this one?
Speaker 4: I've talked about a couple of Southwest incidents that have really been strange. One flight coming out Honolulu that got to about one thousand feet and then all of a sudden, the plane started to descend to four hundred feet above the ocean before it resumed its flight only to determine there was weather issues and they had deturned to come back. Then, when a flight going into Omahall that was on final approach it should have been at about three thousand feet, they were buzzing a neighborhood at five hundred FeOH and air traffic Control had to call them and say, is everything okay? And they said yeah, why because you're a lot lower than you should be. Then we had a flight coming into Tampa to Southwest Airlines much lower than it should have been. So after all of these and more, the Federal Aviation Administration has opened up an investigation and Southwest Airlines has determined then it's a good time for their eleven thousand pilots to undergo a full one day of safety training. Over the next year, the eleven thousand pilots can be required to attend these safety sessions in hopes of reducing the number of these incidents and Brian, when you look at Southwest pilots, these men and women, a lot of mix military. I mean, these are individuals who are all stars. They know what they're doing. So when we had one situation over Honolulu, I thought, okay, maybe a new pilot who knows well, maybe a maintenance issue that contributed. But to have one after another after another, and to be so low and not be aware of it is what just blows my mind. I'm thinking, how can you have two incredibly trained pilots at an altitude much lower than they should be and totally unaware of it. So we still don't know what caused those situations, but Southwest is saying and probably this is legally a preemptive move, you know, so that they can show the FA that, okay, we're trying to take care of the situation kind of as a business does.
Speaker 2: That's to remediate.
Speaker 1: Yes, the remediation steps very important in the law and the area of a civil liability and legal liability.
Speaker 2: Cheese, Louise, I just can't imagine.
Speaker 1: We'll look, it goes five hundred feet, man, you'll see that unless you're at an airport and of someone's on final approach.
Speaker 4: Ran It was at twelve thirty in the morning, and it was waking people up out of their homes. They were calling nine one one thing and something's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was something wrong, all right, Well, cash fines. Airlines's gonna be facing fines for flight delays.
Speaker 4: Biden administration's at it again. And you know, I do not like much of anything of the Biden administration, but they continue to go after airlines and their full steam ahead. They're saying that there's a proposed rule that would actually require US airlines to provide compensation cash to passengers for controllable that's gonna have to be in quotes. Cancellations are delays, and delays of three hours or more. They're talking about. This could roll down the pike as early as January of next year, and it would certainly be a game changer for US passengers and certainly the US aviation world because this type of rules are in place in many other countries around the world, and we are so late in getting there. Why Because it's the airlines. Many times it tells the government what they're going to do, not the other way around. And I'm really hoping that this goes forward, and I can promise you just like the transparent where the government wanted all the fees and everything shown up front that the airlines fought. You can bet your bottom dollar airlines are going to fight this tooth and nail, yeah, with their very powerful lobbying group, because they do not want this, because then they're going to be more accountable, they're gonna have to do a better job, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And I love it.
Speaker 4: I love the airlines being held accountable because they get away with a lot that's just kind of you know, they should be find a lot more than they are, but it's negotiated down to some incredibly low amount with the promise they'll never do it again, and far too many times they get away with things. So when I see this administration holding their feet to the fire, I'm gonna say thank you. Look, when the Bide administration does something stupid, which is often, I'm going to point it out. And when they do things that I like, I'm going to point it out. And certainly that's the case here. And I don't know any other administration that has gone after the airlines like this, And I do know in the late nineteen nineties there was a move to make airlines more customer service oriented. In fact, there was talk at that time of reregulating the industries industry from a standpoint of you guys are doing such a bad job, we may go back to the days of regulation, which we've not had since October of seventy eight, and Airlines Northwest included where.
Speaker 2: I was at.
Speaker 4: We took it very seriously. We had complaint resolution officers CROs on every shift to try to show that we were responding to those complaints. And then, of course the attacks of nine to eleven happened and everything went from safety and or service over to safety of the airplanes, and customer service was an afterthought, and we've never gone back since.
Speaker 1: We'll pause a little early in the break, but I'm want to take a break because I don't want to give you a short shift, short time on the nine to eleven memories and the way things were and the way things are now and hub delays. We'll get that one more with iHeartMedia Aviation Nextpert Jay Rowleff. After I get to mention fast and pro roofing. I love referring people to fast and pro They are going to take fantastic care of you. And it begins with a free roof ins and free quote. Maybe you know you're gonna get a quote if you call and say I want my siding replace. So yes, that's that's work that'd be done to give you a quote. No problem there, But the roof inspection, you know, is there anything wrong with your roof? Do you know anything about roofs. I know my friend Steve called them for siding and while there they inspected his roof, which'll do for you. Guess what, there were some things going on there, latent defects that could have given him a major problem down the road. He'say man, I can't thank you enough for referring or for me relying on your recommendation on fast and Pro. They had to release my entire roof. I got the gutters gutter guards along with that and the siding done. Gorgeous work. Could not be better for all roofs, residential and commercial and all types of roofs. And if you get a shingle, replace and remember fasten Pro is going to upgrade you automatically to the certainty Landmark Pro fifty year shingle. They also do things like skylights and solar plower blinds.
Speaker 2: Lots of different.
Speaker 1: Projects go to fasten Faste and fastenproroofing dot com. Check out their amazing work and call for that free quote they enjoyed a plus with a better business beer for good reason. Five one three, seven seven four ninety four ninety five, seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five KRC dot.
Speaker 2: Com, Cincinnati. Did you know?
Speaker 1: One more Time for the weather sunny, early clouds later eighty five for the high clouds remainderment. I get a few showers sixty three. Another cloudy day for the most part. Tomorrow alaw with showers, high of eighty two, A few showers overnight even sixty four for the low and on Saturday, partly sunny skies with a high of eighty five. Close out at sixty one. Time for final traffick chuck Ingram from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: Substance dependency is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help call five one three five to eighty five eight two two seven. South Pound seventy five continues slow through Lachland northbound, heaviest had of burrow binger into the cut. North pound four seventy one year off and on the brakes from before grand all double eight times have dropped under the fifteen minute mark. There's a rerecor on you've fitted hasbro Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr SE A talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty eight fIF five KRCD talk station. Very Happy Friday eve to you Tech Friday Day of Hatter tomorrow. In the meantime one we're second with Jay Rayle. If you're talking reflections on nine to eleven. I know a lot of things have changed since nine to eleven, including my view of life. Generally speaking. That guy jumping out of a window had just such a profound impact on the way I view the world. Jay, just contemplating all the bickering and the insignificant things that plague us each and every day. They're so unimportant. If you meet that moment in time where if you stick around in the room, you're gonna get burned to a crisp, or your other option is to jump ninety floors to your death. What's going into your mind at that moment in time when you're about to meet God. It's not what your neighbor's doing, or you know, just all the petty stuff would disappear, and I can't imagine that, but just seeing that guy jump just absolutely just it impacted me from that moment in time forward and I still reflect on that an unbelievably life changing day.
Speaker 4: And if you you know, yesterday, I spent time, as I tend to always do, on nine to eleven watching the documentary from the French Brothers were documenting firefighters not knowing anything months before and leading up to and they were in one of the towers when it collapsed, so it is a real time type of thing, and Brian, they can hear people jumping in the aftermath. It was just horrific. And you're right. And I remember that day because when the first plane hit the all the news sources were indicating that it was a small airplane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're.
Speaker 4: Thinking, okay, what weather related, and of course my phone started blowing up. But when the second plane hit, we knew we were under attack. We knew it was bin laden, and we knew other airplanes were probably involved. The FAA and the FBI were giving monthly updates to the aviation industry and I was a part of them at the time where they were letting us know that Bin Laden had made some credible threats against the aviation world, which he had done before, and we were fearful that there might be explosives in check luggage. We were fearful of surface to air missiles. We were trying to prepare for a lot of different contingencies on what might take place. Now, when that second plane hit, we knew this was the attack that we had been warned about. Now, the FAA had a gentleman by the name of Ben Sliney who was the head of the FAA that when the second plane hit, we knew we were under attack. He made the call to ground every airplane in the sky immediately. He told the air traffic control centers, whatever is in your traffic pattern, you land them at the closest available airport. Now. Now, this has never been thought of, never been practiced. There was no game planned, There was nothing in the works that would prepare anyone for that order being given.
Speaker 2: Well, they did it.
Speaker 4: The air traffic controllers pulled it off, and we knew that any other plane that remained in the sky could be an object of concern. So the call was a great one to but Ben Sliney, who was head of the FAA, Brian. That was his first day on the job and he made that call, so looking back, it was the perfect call at the right time. And of course it's changed commercial aviation because after that we began screening check luggage, thank god for that. They had been wanting to do that since the bombing of the panem flight over lockerby Scotland, but we didn't do it because we thought it was going to cost too much money. It just kills me that money is so often the pivot point where we're going to do something or we shouldn't. But we started screening check luggage, thank God for that after nine to eleven, and instead of the magnetometers for many times we used the full body imaging scanners. When we would walk through the magnetometers, it would never detect plastic or liquid explosives that could be strapped to our bodies under our clothes, only metal. So the full body imaging scanners would allow us to see if there's anything under the clothing like powder or liquid that could be used to bring an airplane down. Because in Russia we had two planes crash in a very short span of time where two passengers did have explosives strapped to their body that were detonated and brought both of those commercial airliners down. So flying now is certainly safer than it was before nine to eleven. There's absolutely no way to have a counter to that, because on a one scale of one to ten, we've probably gone from a four to a six, maybe a six and a half. But we've got other things we've got to do, and I'm concerned that we're not. Instead, we're trying to further reinforce the cockpit doors. And here we go again, trying to stop the last attack versus trying to predict what the next one could be. And a lot of times you spin your wheels in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't that the truth? All right?
Speaker 1: Pivoting over, we always end on hub delays, Jay Ratliffe, and I guess we'll n on hub Layze today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I mean New Orleans. Obviously, if you're flying anywhere to or near the Gulf Coast, you're not going to be getting anything because of the fact that right now we're seeing a lot of storms, that major storm coming across there, and it's causing all the flights in New Orleans, Baton, Rouge, Lafayette, all of those through there that are being impacted at the time, and that's going to continue throughout the course of the day. In fact, the flights to and through those areas are going to be impacted and bran because of the scope of that storm. We're already seeing some flight cancelations in Atlanta, which is being impacted because of the size of this storm. Dallas could also be impacted. So pretty much anywhere towards the Gulf Coast region, you're going to see some significant delays.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that'll probably continue for the next several days as well.
Speaker 4: It will be in Airlines are doing a good job of canceling flights in advance, so just make sure they've got a way to get a hold of you. Fortunately, it's September, which is one of our slowest travel months of the year, May and September, so they're going to have a lot of options if your flight is canceled to give you much more so than it had this happened let's say a month ago, when we were in the middle of an incredibly busy summer travel season.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Jay Ratliffe always enjoyable having on the program. I look forward to it every week and I'm already looking forward to next Thursday with another discussion. Stay well, my friend and best of helped you and.
Speaker 4: Your better half me to you as well, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother.
Speaker 1: Coming up in eight fifty five fifty five krecy talk station records for Prosperities. Tim Ross filling it for Donovan and iil today on Southwest Ohio. Endorsed candidates are doing great work and you can help. AFP action dot com. They give you all the resources you need, whether you've got a couple of hours that you can dedicate or maybe full time. Either way, I think they even have some paid positions to do some door knocking, so afpaction dot com Todd more about this awesome opportunity. I don't know if there he left it was two tickets or two thousand dollars apiece. You're doing ten barrel tastings and you're gonna end up with three bottles of your own with your group of friends, and Pete Rose is going to be hanging out with you for a couple of hours. Will be signed by Pete Rose. You getting eight and a half by ten photograph of Pete maybe with you. There's a lot of details, but there are only two tickets lefts only six available. Outstanding event and it all benefits a great organization that help Squad and of course Rattle at fifty five krs dot com get the information. I hope you have a wonderful day. I hope you can tune in tomorrow for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter every Friday at six point thirty. Stick around, folks. Glenn Beck is coming right up. I can't hear about it.
Speaker 4: The United States will not be today he migrants camp.
Speaker 3: Get the latest at the top of the hour, fifty five KRC talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsor