Speaker 1: Five oh five. I think five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Wednesday, all Kenny Loggins, because you're in the danger zone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently, since An is in the danger zone so much so that the ATF is offering twenty five hundred dollars cash rewards for helping police arrest violent offenders. How about that Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and Explosives gets Cincinnati on its radar with its offer of rewards for local crime. Interesting and scary reality that, of course, has been the topic of conversation of late here in the fifty five.
Speaker 1: KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 3: We got a problem with violence in downtown Cincinnati, and our elected officials are ignoring it, least in so far as any comments in the news or you know, maybe just a suggest that they might want to support this insane police department. Anyway, don't let's not beat that dead horse. But that's a reality. We'll talk about that this morning. Coming up seven oh five, It's Wednesday Big Picture with Jack Avidan today. Trump and Churchill love Jack's historic sort of connection with history and modern times. Just a brilliant man. I always enjoy having him on the morning show. And we'll get him back at seven five Donovan and Neil Americans for Prosperity. Of course, Ohio lawmakers passed the budget, but Mike de Wine overrode a lot of things with the Lion item veto Now Ohio while lawmakers is set to override some of those vetos. Donovan and Neil behind that effort with Americans for Prosperity, we'll be talking about their efforts to override the property tax County Budget Commission authority and procedure veto the twenty mili floor calculation and the school district property tax levy restrictions. Mark dan who is Mark Dan, Mark Dan's lawyer. Mark Dann is the founding partner of Dan Law and they have filed a law suits again at Ohio. Going back to the budget about the Browns Stadium funding stealing money from the unclaimed funds.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We all found out that we have four point five plus billion dollars in unclaimed funds. These are you know, bank accounts that are closed and settlements and things that people didn't actually pursue, and it exists in a fund held for the benefit of those people who are entitled to the to the fund money.
Speaker 1: And yet our good friends.
Speaker 3: Elected officials and Columbus decided to raid that to give the Cleveland Browns six hundred million dollars. Well, now it's the subject of a lawsuit. Mark Dan founding partner of Dan Law, behind the lawsuit. We joined the program at eight oh five to talk about that. Judge Napolitano on searching for Monsters that will happen at eight thirty and between now and then you can feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Not knowing where I wanted to start this morning. It's not of like a mixed bag of stuff. Whish you could see my desk right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The topics of discussion are far and wide. Heyay, well they's just focused real quickly here on our conversation with Mark Dan coming up. Lawsuit filed by the Dan Law Lakewood Firms seeking class action status on behalf of the thousands of Ohioans that have or may have money in that unclaimed funds account. I guess you can call it that found in Franklin County comme a police court alleges that taking money from the unclaimed funds for stadium violates the state's role as a custodian and runs a foul of both the US and Ohio constitutions. Court to lawsuit, the state now intends to confiscate the private property held on the Unclaimed Funds account for the purpose of funding private development. The private the rightful owners of the property. State intends to do so even though it has been long settled to the funds held by the State of Ohio and its Unclaimed Funds Account are private property, says the unclaim Funds account is not the property of the State of Ohio to use as it deems fit. Moreover, unclaimed funds are not the property described as operating revenue or a component of the state's general fund to be appropriated as part of the state's budget, which makes sense, although I think the budget transforms the unclaimed property Unclaimed Funds account into something that is usable after the funds remain unclaimed after ten years. So was there a change of law that will allow access to these funds as are being used in the state's budget proposal with the six hundred million going to the Cleveland Browns. I personally find the concept defensive or not, it's legal or not. That's what the lawsuits all about.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Described as not a surprise apparently last month after Republican members of the Ohio Senate provided a pivot to unclaimed funds as a way to provide that money to the Brown Stadium away from borrowing the money, which that's a dumb concept.
Speaker 1: Again, we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Private owned stadium here, we're talking about private owned sports team. They were gonna, I mean the idea that originally under the first proposal out of the Republicans in the House, they were going to borrow six hundred million dollars and then pay debt service on it, bringing the grand total with interest payments to more than a billion dollars to give to the Browns. Talk about stupid anyway, pivoting over to using unclaimed funds. At least it's a pile of money that was untapped. Okay, well, why not just take it from there. At least we're not going to have to pay debt service on it. It makes but is it lawful to do that? And that's not even discussing the ethics and the morality and the propriety of doing that anyway, and the silence is deafening. How is it that they were able to leverage the Browns were able to leverage that much influence over elected officials that come from the entire state of Ohio to get that component approved in the budget. Waw Anyway. The attorneys that are behind this former state Representative Jeff Grossman and former Ohio Attorney General Mark Dan Dan Law is the name of the firm.
Speaker 1: They're both Democrats.
Speaker 3: They've sued the Ohio Department of Commerce, ahead of the State's Division of Unclaimed Funds, the State Treasurer, and the executive director of the How Facilities Construction Commission, those of the defendants. There's four point eight billion dollars in that fund, old bank accounts, uncashed checks, life life insurance payouts, and other sources. Joe Strecker tapped into the fund the other day. He was how much did you get? Was it seventy five bucks?
Speaker 1: Joe? Less than twenty? But there it was.
Speaker 3: Language in the Ohio's newly approved to your operating budget changes the way Ohio safeguards is unclaimed funds. This is what I was pointing to a change in the law. Previously it had to be held there which I guess is how it ended up being four point eight billion dollars.
Speaker 1: It just keeps getting.
Speaker 3: Bigger and bigger and bigger every year because they couldn't use it for any other purpose. Until now, the state held the missing money in perpetuity while using some of it to plug budget holes and give short term loans to affordable housing developers, in the same way banks use your deposits to make loans while keeping a certain amount of cash on hand. But going forward, people who will only have ten years to file claims, and after that the unclaimed funds, along with interest earned, become the states property, which is the argument I suppose the folks behind the budget would use, say, listen, we changed the law. Money's been laying around more than ten years. We're entitled to use it for whatever purpose we want. Then you can move over to whether it's right, ethical, honorable, moral appropriate to give some private stadium owner or a football team owner the money that is well from this general fund, this unclaimed fund pile. I don't care whether it comes from the general fund or the unclaimed funds pile, or whether it's from a borrowing doing. It is wrong. You're never going to commitce me otherwise. Apparently, the budget that was by the Republican lawmakers and signed by DeWine creates a grace period for people whose money gets taken by the state. They'll still be able to file claims through January first of twenty third six. Nonetheless, in the lawsuit, they argue the state isn't doing anywhere near enough to reunite people with their money. They're also asserting that Ohio is preparing to use the public's misplaced cash for what is fundamentally a private purpose to the benefit of an NFL team exactly, and we should have more and more arguments about whether this is appropriate or not. Apparently, the lawmakers in the in the budget earmarked one dollars a year for advertising and outreach about the unclaimed funds. In other words, you're probably going to see advertising, maybe a commercial while you're watching Wheel of Fortune or something saying, hey, do you realize we've got four point eight billion dollars in unclaimed funds? Could be you you may have a slice of the action. Please get in touch with the unclaimed funds and find out if you're eligible to get some of this money. And honestly, did anybody know that we had this four point eight billion dollar pile of money prior to the idea of giving it to the Browns or giving a chunk of it to the Browns and the budget, they might know it was even out there. I guess that's part of the ad campaign. It's part of the lawsuit too. You know, nobody knows it's even there.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: By the way, you've got money in a fund in Ohio. You might want to look into it and see if some of it is actually yours or if you qualify to get some of this money. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to talking to him about it. I'm sure he's as incensed as I am about the concept, but whether or not his lawsuit will have legs remains to be seen. Five sixteen fifty five K City Talk Station'd love to hear from you, considering I have no idea which direction I want to go here in the morning show this morning it is listener lunch Wednesday, though, so if you don't have anything to do for lunch, show up at Wandering Monsters Brewery and Beachmont Avenue today eleven thirty. I understand the food is great, I understand beer's great, and it's always great. Fellowship at the listener lunch. Another thing I recommend you to do is get in touch with Rhino Shield for a free quote. Rhino Shield it's better than paint. It's not paint. It's a ceramic coating, so you don't have to worry about chipping or flaking or peeling or fading or anything. It's weather resistant, it's UV resistant, it's got a twenty five year warranty. I was so taken by Rhino Shield. Yes, I went and had my daughter and her fiancees barn painted on the farmat Big Barn too. It was a big project, but it looked terrible. It was flaking, it was ugly. It needed to be painted. And I know they didn't have the money in their budget because they're young couple struggling with money, you know, like all young people starting out. They got other expenses to deal with, So why not. And I knew that Rhino Shield ceramic coating with stronger, more protective alternative to traditional paint. It outperform performs traditional exterior projects, which is why it comes with a twenty five year warranty, so long term protection and weather resistance.
Speaker 1: It's in and they do a great job.
Speaker 3: The reason they can give you twenty five year warranty is because of that ceramic cutting, but also they engage an extensive prep work preparing the surface, getting rid of all the flaking and everything else before they start to paint. Good luck with that from a traditional painters. So to get the free quote, go to the website Rhino shield Kyuh they're greater Cincinnati, Louisville, Lexington's I get the You're well covered, but it's rhinoshield ky dot com. So click on the link to get the free quote, or call them up and tell them. Brian said, hoving you do. It's eight eight eight seven four four six six four one eight eight eight seven four four six six.
Speaker 6: Four one fifty five KRC did you.
Speaker 3: Know DD talk station five twenty one on a Wednesday and a happy one to you five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Time five fifty on AT and T phones and fifty five KRC dot com. Get the Daniel Davis deep dive and analysis of the situation Russia, Ukraine, who fe rockets and Iran. That was a good conversation with Daniel Davis yesterday. The Insight Scoop with the brke Bart news about the flooding in Texas, Randy Cross, the Texas Border expert, and Corey Bowman. A few comments from Corey Bowman, who is running for mayor. We do have an alternative to the violence inherent in the system here in the city of Cincinnati, and Corey Bowman, I think is a refreshing change from what we've got to deal with right now. Over to the phones we go. It's what Jay's got this morning. Jay, good to hear from me, as always, welcome.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Brian Hay.
Speaker 8: That is fantastic news that there's a lawsuit coming against this Brown Steel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The the interesting thing is how the Republican Party in Columbus has turned into like the Democrat Party in Chicago, just full of corruption and payoff. And you know, I keep going back to Larry Householder, former Sticker of the house took money from a private business called First Energy to build.
Speaker 1: A new plant, and I think he's in jail. Matt Huffman took.
Speaker 8: Money from a private business called the Cleveland Browns, and I think he's living large.
Speaker 1: He might be getting a.
Speaker 8: Little bit nervous, but you know, I would like to see Huffman head to prison. I would like to see Dave Yost getting peached along with the wine. We don't need an attorney general. If an attorney general, all he can do is I heard on the news that maybe from your show, that he told the wine to to to veto the money going to the Browns, and then the wine probably laughed at him and continue to go.
Speaker 1: Forward with it.
Speaker 8: And then I guess at that point Dave Yosk decided not.
Speaker 1: To follow the Ohio.
Speaker 8: Constitution and protect the Ohio taxpayers. Uh, you know, politically for him, let's let's let's give him a little air cover. It's a little it's easier so to to just ignore it. So if this is successful and and I guess the lawsuit will determined whether it is constitution or not. But if they find out that this was illegal, then we really don't need an Ohio Attorney General's office. It's going to do nothing other than follow the governor like a lapdog. And there I hope that this the accountability on this and the the publicity and the amount of coverage from the press equals that of First Energy and Larry Householder, because I don't think there's a dime's worth of difference.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate your conclusion in that regard. I mean that's why I am generally in I mean, since over the general concept. Given the Cleveland Browns the money, they're private sports entity, they're privately owned. I mean, you know, Jay, if you owned a company, do you expect in the budget that the taxpayers of the state of Ohio would be providing your company with a cash infusion.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the obvious you do own a company.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I do own a company. And what I've said is they're going to do this for one private business. Yeah, then they need to codify it in the law. So how do the rest of us sign up and get our six hundred million dollars?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Start a line to be wrapped around multiple blocks, street blocks in Columbus. People standing around and they're private businesses with their handout saying, Hey, what am I any different than the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: No, give my money. It's a ridiculous concept.
Speaker 8: Good and again, what does the state get from it? We've we've been giving money to the Cleveland Browns for seventy years and I'll say it again, Cleveland is still a dump and that's based on that's based on business development, how much economic development is going on. There's five categories of economic development. Cleveland and Northeast Ohio is always in the bottom. Youngstown is the perennial last, and out of the top two hundred metro areas, Cleveland is always in the bottom ten. Well, so where's the retirement investment?
Speaker 3: I agree with you general, I'm not going to say it's a dump, But it doesn't matter whether it's a dump or a wildly successful city being run efficiently and it is prosperous, it still doesn't address the point of why is it a private sports entity is entitled to any money from the State of Ohio, most notably in a line item in a budget.
Speaker 1: It's just it's great. It's just wrong, period.
Speaker 7: Agreed.
Speaker 8: They're going to use the excuse that it's going to create economic development, I know, and prosperity. That's that's why I'm deflating that balloon, because it's had They've had seventy years to show that that to show that proof, and they've failed.
Speaker 3: Right as I make obscene hand gestures while listening to that argument, right, you know, I mean, sure it is. We all realize and I think most people know that the return on investment that they claim is brought about by these sports activities is nowhere near what they claim it to be. Uh Yeah, frustrating, Jay and yeah here as we part company. It was reported about Attorney General Dave Gyhost Ghost on June twenty seven cent a letter to the wine to veto that budget. Languageost echoing concerns of the national unclaimed property experts, who say that taking ownership of unclaimed funds after a decade will make Ohio a national outlier and be bad public policy. Yes, although he didn't weigh on legal issues anyway. He wrote to the governor billionaires should finance their own stadiums full stop.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: The six hundred million dollar handoff for a single professional sports facility raises serious concerns about the fiscal sustainability and fairness. While public private partnerships can sometimes support community development, this provision risk prioritizing one private entity over more urgent state wide needs. Exactly the point I'm making. Yost made to the governor, But he didn't say, Governor, you must line on and vito this because ultimately it's going to be challenged in court and it will be deemed illegal for the following reasons and then breaking down a legal point or thing, which is what I think his role as the Attorney General is supposed to do. Anyway, he was just offering his policy comments, which are the comments that you and I are making so well. I'm looking forward to having the lawyer behind the lawsuit on the program. Maybe he can address the legal realities of it, since they purportedly changed the law allowing them access and their sticky fingers access to this money if it's unclaimed after ten years.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it, Jay.
Speaker 3: As always, it is five point twenty seven right now the fifty five k SE the talk station. Your calls are welcome. Or I can move into local stories, which include, of course a bunch of crime going on in the city of Cincinnati. But how about a more peaceful comment. Gate Catholic Cemetery of Montgomery. There's something that's peaceful and you know the summertime, warmer months, meaningful time to walk around this beautiful, beautiful park like setting they have at Gaya Heaven Cemetery where you can reflect on life life generally speaking, whether through birth, life's milestones, or passing into eternal life. Gat To Heaven recognizes and revers the sacredness of every phase of the human journey. So you may be visiting a deceased loved one there, but you also may go there just to sort of contemplate the importance and meaning of life. Tranquil landscape surroundings ideal for prayer, reflection, remembrance, meditation. It's a comforting experience for all this, and everyone is welcome, So take advantage of the beautiful park like setting and clear your head. Perhaps go to Gateifheaven dot org to learn more. I drive past it every day. It is indeed a beautiful place. Gate of Heaven.
Speaker 6: Dot org fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Five thirty one on a Wednesday, and Happy Wednesday to listener. Lunch Wandering Monsters Brewery, beach Moont Avenue. Before I jump to the phones real quick, here, hold on a moment, Tom, Thank you Chip who called the the Browns funding a six hundred million dollar ad campaign because Chip now became aware that there were unclaimed funds and he took advantage of it, netting him north of two hundred dollars. Kind of liked it. Good job, Chip. And then there's my submariner friend Cribbage Mike, who I will see today at listener lunch. He pointed out on the heels of Jay's call. Cleveland Brown's Stadium was first Energy Stadium, that is, until Larry Householders scam blew it all up. It's now Huntingdon bank Field. That's funny connecting those two well scandals over the phone. Tom, thanks for holding Welcome to the program.
Speaker 9: Sounds like chips buying lunch today, I thought so. And I really appreciate Jay. I don't know if he gets enough kudos, but he always comes with a lot of information. He does, and I personally thank him very much for doing research and then getting on here and letting us all lett us all know about it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he's a man. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: This is why I enjoy having the callers call up, because quite often you guys are armed with a hell of a lot more information than I am. I can't be responsible for knowing everything about everything out there. I don't and I never will claim that I do, which is again, I've got the best listening audience in radio because they're smart people out there, right.
Speaker 9: I agree with that. The reason I called is that I have We've all noticed this, I'm sure, but I wanted to highlight it again one of the main differences between the two parties. And believe me as we as we listen to Jay talk about stuff of the high Republican party, Republicans are no angels. They have their own whole whole bunch of problems that they need to we I mean, this whole thing would have a big pot of money for people to get their hands into. That's that's a problem for both sides, not just for one. Yeah, got to do something about it. But when we're having a discussion, when when it comes to the national discourse of issues, uh, it is it is very obvious that the Democrats don't have anything of substance to to say or to argue against any points or to prove any points that they have. All they have is is shouting and yelling and guilt tripping and in calling and and they got nothing. They can't argue against it. They just want to cancel you. And oh, you must you must hate people because you're not willing to let them do this or whatever, willing to let them have this. And you know that they get.
Speaker 10: Real upset when you start having a problem with but you know, people who are breaking laws and their criminals. Well, who are you here to defend? What's more important to you the actual law inviting American people or or people that are from this country or breaking the laws. It seems pretty obvious to me. And every time you pull up a story and you and you listen to stuff and you get comments from both sides, it's just clear as day that that you know the rightness. You know, we've got a lot of people are armed with information they got, we got facts and here's why your your idea is wrong. And I'm gonna tell voters that that have been voting Democrat, you're you're ignorant, you're being lied to, and that ignorance just you don't have information. We're trying to get you to understand something. And please listen to what what people are telling you. Listen to what Jay is saying, you know, and listen to the different callers and listen to listen to you with the information that we got the different guests you have. It's not about, you know, trying to shut you down and and and get you the cower in a corner and we're going to.
Speaker 9: Do something for you unless you shut up. It's about here's some information, Uh, and the biggest piece of information that I can give any of you is don't vote Democrat. Have a great day.
Speaker 3: Brat thanks Tom. Always wait till he's going to get to that conclusion. Yeah, you got to remember, if you don't embrace the tenants of Marxism, then they're going to yell and scream at you taking other people's money and giving it for giving it to anyone else. That's what their entire premise is based on. Wealth redistribution, and the criminal component of it is. Their argument is, well, it's just upholding and preserving an inherently corrupt system. This is why they want to undermine law enforcement. Oh, it's colonialism. This is law enforcement is merely a wing and arm of the colonial you white man's infrastructure or whatever.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 3: They speak in psychobabble, But in the final analysis, what they want to do is take all of your money, your labor, and then decide where it's going to go themselves in the name of I don't know, equity or helping those under privilege who've missed out on whatever. But that's what it's all about. That's their political philosophy, and they can't logically support it because it's failed epically wherever it's been tried. When you take away the incentive for hard work, which is moving up the ladder, keeping what you earned, providing you incentive to earn more, earn more, earn more, you're not earning more. Under their system of government. You are always going to be at the lowest rung of the ladder, along with every other human being, with the exception of those in the political class. It's indefensible. That's why you're met with violence and anger and dosing and screaming and yelling as opposed to a coherent logical argument. Because if they present it under Marxist theory, from each according his ability, each courting to his need, it begins to fall apart the minute you put it under some measure of analysis, historical analysis, or just logic and reason.
Speaker 1: Five thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Fifty five kr CD talk station stack a stupid coming up or phone calls which you know I love, But first, Zimmer Heating and air condition keeping area, come home, safe, efficient and comfortable for coming up on eighty years. Congratulations to the Zimmer family currently third generation Chris Zimmer at the helm and taking great care of the listeners out there. So have your system repaired, have your system put on a maintenance program to make an extend the life of your HVAC system. They do all kinds of work and that's why I recommend going to the website to check it out because for all HVAC needs, you're in great hands Zimmer. But if the system's gone belly up, it's time to replace it. Get in touch with Zimmer and say fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new Carrier Comfort system, an amazing amount of money to save and of course an outstanding HVA system from Carrier, so you got great folks installing it, superior customer service. The price is always right, most notably when you're getting fifteen hundred and fifty dollars off to get in touch with Chris Zimmer and the crew. Five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three, five one three five to one ninety eight ninety three online, it's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: When you're going up five forty two coming on five forty three, fifty five krsity talk station, going to go over to the phones five one three seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three, talk Toime five fifty on eight and t phones man. I'm hoping to see today and continue my winning streak. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, my submarine or friend cribbage Mike.
Speaker 1: Good to hear from you morning.
Speaker 4: Brian Thomas and I do have another updill battle as your number one. Cheerly will be in tow along with my lovely brides.
Speaker 3: Your grandson's coming today. Ah, that's awesome, It's a gift.
Speaker 4: I hate to interrupt the stack of stupid, but in my humble opinion, being working downtown Cincinnati, especially this early morning hour, that's not exactly what I think reelecting our current mayor would be. When there was such a wonderful interview yesterday, you know with Corey, and he reminds me so much of Adam Kaylor. They got ideas they want to implement these new ideas. He lives in the West End, he just had his fourth child, he runs a coffee shop. He's serving his community as a preacher. You know, so when you can can compare and contrast that whereas you got Aftam, who's a designer suit a two hundred dollars haircut, and a flashy smile. He is more suited for selling time shares in Orlando, Florida than being mayor of a metropolitan city. I had probably the best commanding officer I had was aboard my second submarine, and he had a quote in his state room from an Army four star general. You may have heard of him, General Joy Patent, and in bold letters it said, lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way. I wish af Tad would take the ladder because you just look within the last seven months where he has had a chance. He doesn't have a leadership bone in his body. First of the had the big backbridge fire and traffic was small for two months, where was he nowhere? Then you had Snowmageddin. You know, I'm not saying he should be out there driving a snowplow, but get the people who then fix the problem, or at least get on the air and talk to the people. And now we have the crime situation that's totally out of control. And in closing. About two weeks ago, I saw the fiftieth anniversary of The Moothly Jaws, and if you remember that famous scene when the mother loses a little boy who was on that yellow raft. Yeah, and she slaps Sheriff Brody in the face. Well, I think that mother of that fourteen year old up in Avondale could say the same thing. Mayor Pureval, you knew what was out there and you did nothing good point.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, Mike, and I was so shocked to read this morning the Bureau of Alcohol back on firearms, offering now cash rewards for information leading to the arrest of violent offenders in Cincinnati. How is it that we, the city of Cincinnati, landed on alcohol to back on firearms radar. I guess things have gotten pretty bad that they're now offering, you know, federal dollars for rewards.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, it's out of control.
Speaker 4: I mean, I could definitely see I think it was a caller or maybe you have mentioned it that we almost qualify to maybe have the Ohio National Guard here. I mean, it's not a riot stuff like that, But when every day you turn it on and those are the ones that are just getting reported, I would love to see what police chiefs Figi sees every morning.
Speaker 1: From shot spotter.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there's that, but then there's also this just the stark reality that all of the not all of the crime that the police department encounters is even put on some sort of data list or or or list of activity, because they just don't go through with arrests. I mean, it's a pointless gesture to arrest someone for a few violation or minor offense because they're just going to get let right out on the street. So don't bother going after it, don't bother reporting it, and that helps keep the crime statistics lower than they actually are, as high as they are anyway. Look forward to launch in a cribbage game and looking forward to seeing your grandson to cribbage Mike. Great to hear from your brothers. Five forty six fifty five care seed Doog Station. You deserve better than the folks at Plumb Type Plumbing know that you deserve better. Locally owned serving the entire Tri state area. They treat every call like a neighbor looking out for some help, and they are your friendly neighbor. Plump Type Plumbing, no service, fees, free estimates A plus with a better business breer. They've been doing this for a long long time. I've watched them in action. They were the plumbers on my bathroom remodeling project, as well as multiple other plumbing projects at my home, including the emergency when this chandelier started rating. So they do emergency service as well. Number one installing the tri state for tankless water heaters, saving you money, saving you space, longer lifespan, and unlimited never ending hot water. Also trenchless sewer line pairs and replacements. They don't have to dig your yard up with their modern technology. So if you've got a sewer line problem and they can figure out if you do.
Speaker 1: If you've like.
Speaker 3: Multiple drains clogging in your home, that's a real indication you may have a sewer line problem. Get the folks at plumb Tight on the job. You'd be glad you did. It's five one three seven two seven Tight t I t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three Online you'll find them at plumtight dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five car the Toxic.
Speaker 3: You're gonna dive on into the stacker stupid play to talk about the six o'clock hour. But in the meantime, let's go to Florida for the stack of stupid. UH accorder rust report please responded UH to reports from a kunk tour train depot. This would be a tourist attraction. And I don't know that the train, the Kunk Train, is on rails or it's just sort of like buses that are linked together. But it's a tourist kind of thing. In Key West Parallel July Worth, one of the trains was stolen. The vehicle was being tracked around the city by the GPS monitor that's attached to it. Officers showed up. Employees said the man that arrived at the depot claimed to be a former employee, and he asked if he could go on a tour of the Conk train, and the employee oblige, and then the man drove off the property in the Conk train. The man Jonathan Patrick Winslow. Cour to the rest report, Winslow left his Kia automobile at the depot, still running and a cord to the rest report quote with rock music playing on the radio close quote. The band was not identified. The joy ride didn't last long, apparently just long enough for him to pick up two random passengers who probably didn't realize that the Conk train conductor was not authorized to be driving the Conk train.
Speaker 1: Police said.
Speaker 3: At some point Winslow left the train, which was located without incident. They soon located Winslow, who was reportedly excited and speaking very rapidly hint raising. Officers informed him that he will be facing charges for taking the Conk train, and he reportedly said he had just borrowed it, pointing out that today was his birthday, justifying the stealing of the train cord to the rest report. Police were unmoved by that information took him to jail. While being surged, they found what they said was a meth amphetamine pipe. He claimed it was a weed pipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The residue tends to negate what his claim was anyway. Charged with burglary, theft, misdemeanor possession of drug equipment, held to Monroe County Jail on a sixty thousand dollars bond.
Speaker 6: Theriot Yeah.
Speaker 3: California woman allegedly left her two baby boys in a hot car while she went in to get lip filler. Maya Hernandez, twenty years old, pleaded not guilty to one kind of manslaughter two counts of wilful according to a child during her court appearance. Remains in custody at the current County jail. More than a million dollars bail court of the criminal complaint obtained by local news, she brought her two sons, an unnamed two year old boy and one year old named Amelio who can be named because he's dead, with her to the appointment at a medical spa in Bakersfield. Police said while she was she filled out paperwork and underwent a lip filler procedure, leaving her two boys in the car as temperatures climb into triple digits. Despite calling the facility that morning and asking if she would be able to bring her two children inside with her, the spa told her sure, if you don't mind them waiting in the waiting room. Instead, she left the boys in the car in their car seats. The car was locked. Courting to the criminal complaint, the procedure Hernandez was getting only took about fifteen to twenty minutes. However, according to the employees the medical spa spoke with the police, it was busy on the day she had them, and she was away from her car for approximately two and a half hours. During that time, she never checked on either children. She later told police she thought her boys would be okay because she left the air conditioning on.
Speaker 1: Rye Court.
Speaker 3: To the expert quote and the criminal complaint to spoke with Bakefield police, the car's engine was designed to shut itself off after an hour. When the boys were found, the car was hot inside. Please believe the boys were in the car without air conditioning for about an hour. An hour and a half. The air temperature that day reportedly one hundred and one degrees, obviously hotter in the car. When she finally returned to her car at four point thirty in the afternoon after getting her lips done, she found Emilio foaming at the mouth and having a seizure. Employees the medical style rushed out to help and brought the two year old boy inside to cool him down. Police showed up fifteen minutes later. Emilio body temperature one hundred and seven degrees, brought to the hospital area, was pronounced dead at five forty eight pm. The other child was later put in child protective custody uh accord to the go Fundy page, which of course they had the boy's father currently incarcerated. Criminal complaints stated when Hernandez was told that her younger son was dead, she quote admitted that she knew it was irresponsible to leave their kids in the car, and she thought about it when she got out to the car, but had no justification as to why she left them anyway.
Speaker 11: Peries the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies. There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche. Dum.
Speaker 1: Good going, douce. Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 3: Well deserved award there, Joe Strecker, stick around, Whlet's talk about in the six o'clock hour. Your phone calls are always welcome, so feel free to call me right back after the news.
Speaker 6: Big things are happening, coming to you right now.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you more at the top of the hour six and eighty arrest just in this one. Operation fifty five KRC the Talk Station. This is Jacob goldteen from six or six.
Speaker 3: Fifty five kr C the Talk Station. Happy Wednesday to you, Brian Thomas, inviting everybody to listen to Lunch today Wandering Monsters Brewery, beach Mont Avenue. Good food, great beer and ultimately wonderful fellowship. I enjoy getting, you know, taking a break and meeting some of the listeners, sitting down and talking with them, of course, playing a game of cribbage with my friend Mike. But it's wonderful thing for me anyway, I really, really, really it's a breath of fresh air. It's a breath of fresh air. Hearing from you two. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on H and T phones. Fast forward an hour The Big Picture, with Jack added in what a glorious thing it is to have Jack's brilliant commentary every week here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. In his subject matter today, Trump and Chill followed by Donovan and Neil Americans for prosperity, of course, pushing our Ohio elected officials to override Mike DeWine's vetos in the budget. Not included in the three items that they wanted to override is the six hundred million dollars going to the Cleveland Browns. Maybe you'll have to give Donovan an earful for that one. But property tax related issues, the twenty mili floor calculation and school district property tax levy restrictions all the vetos that Dwine made that would have helped us deal with our property taxes. Fast forward eight oh five, I launched the show with this one, Mark Dan founding partner of the law firm Dan Law. They have filed a lawsuit against multiple officials in the state of Ohio based on the Browns stadium funding six hundred million dollars coming out of the unclaimed funds, which we all just found out about because the Browns are getting money out of it. So go ahead and check and see if you're eligible for money out of the unclaimed fund beca because apparently the laws change, which according to the budget, they're allowed to take that money if you don't claim it within ten years. That the Dan Law firm says is well illegal, So they're challenging that. I hope they win. Brown's go find your own damn money period. Anyway, going back to the violence generally speaking and the sort of downward spy we feel like we're in in this country, We've got a lot of violence locally speaking. I've been talking about that with our with some folks of late Christopher Smithman and Corey Bowman most notably. But you got to remember the Marxists love when the state, whether it's local police department, you have the National Guard. Think of Kent's stay, for example, and the tragedy regarding those four people who were shot and gunned down for protesting not exactly a real great milestone in American history. You think of George Floyd, for example, using something like that as a vehicle to attack the institution. They love doing that. You want to identify and and and point to the state as the problem. They're the evil force. They're the jack booted thugs. They're the ones there that are oppressing us. They're the ones that use law enforcement as a means to uphold the white colonial estate or whatever Marxist blather they're They're there, their spu spewing out, but they want to undermine that law enforcement. Generally, it's one of the components of defund the police. And when they can't win elections, they're going to turn to violence. And that's something that Byron Yorke wrote about the other day. He's in an op ed piece on this, and he's not alone in his conclusions, but I wanted to point it out because you know, it's kind of a lustrative of a broader problem we're facing now. They can't when election Donald Trump got elected, over all of the I mean, in the face of the most outrageous onslaught that I am aware of in my lifetime against the politician, he still managed to overcome and win the popular vote. They were praying to God he wouldn't win the popular vote even if he won the electoral college. They were hoping to use that as a means to undermine the concept of the electoral college. Oh my god, you know, Kamala Harris won the popular won the majority of the vote, and yet Donald Trump got the electoral college. This is all wrong. Let's get rid of it. That didn't happen. What did Donald Trump campaign on all the things that he's delivering on, including shutting down the southern border and rounding up illegal immigrants and deporting them from our country. That is what is popular in our country, and it's blowing the minds of the leftists in this country, like, oh my god, our messaging didn't work. So what do you do? You turn to violence? Is New York Rights and I will read. We know many Democrats were stunned when Donald Trump wanted a second term as president. We know many are still angry about it, but we're just now learning how angry some of them are. It's not just grand standing Democratic lawmakers like Representative Jasmine Crockett of Texas. Axios reports that quote all at town halls in their districts and in one on one meetings with constituents and activist close quote Crockett's more than moderate Democrat House colleagues are, in their words, facing a growing drum of demands to break the rules, fight dirty, and not be.
Speaker 1: Afraid to get hurt.
Speaker 3: According to one Democratic law a lawmaker quoted in Axios, our own base is telling us that what we're doing is not good enough. Some of them have suggested what we really need to do is be willing to get shot in protests that US Immigration and Customs enforcement with facilities again another element of law enforcement ice agents doing their job and enforcing the laws on the books. Continuing the quote that there needs to be blood to grab the attention to the press in public. Another lawmaker told actually his constituentsy civility isn't working, and to get ready for violence to fight to protect our democracy. Another said quote, it's like the Roman colisseum. People just want more and more of this spectacle. Obviously, these are Democrats who've moved beyond the defeat them at the ballot box stage of politics, and even beyond the protests by civil disobedient stage. They're ready to turn a political fight into a physical fight. Violence is already going on in Alvarado, Texas. A militant group broadly allied with Democratic views launch what officials call a coordinated attack on the ICE Prairie Land Attention Center on the fourth of July. According to court document, started about ten thirty in the evening, when a group of ten to twelve Antifa radicals dressed all in black bean shooting fireworks towards the building. Some began to vandalize park car with while unarmed ICE workers called nine one one and Alvarado Police Department officer arrived. According to the court document, immediately after the APD officer got out of his vehicle, an assailant in the woods opened fire, shooting the officer in the neck area. Another gunman also opened fire at the unarmed Department of Homeland Security correctional officers. In total, the assailants shot approximately twenty to thirty rounds at the correctional officers. Police later found two AR fifteen style rifles and spent casings in the nearby woods, and when the radicals ran away, police rounded them up, some still in the woods, some escaping down a nearby road, including seven suspects who were dressed in black military style clothing. Some had on body armor armors, some were covered in mud, some were armed, some had radios that all in the court documents. The officer who was shot in the next survived, thanked God. Now ten suspects have been charged with attempted murder. This is the radical, violent tip of the protests against Trump administration's enforcement of immigration law. Other examples of recent radicalization of the far left Free Palestine extremists Elias Rodriguez accused of murdering two Israeli embassy staff members outside the Jewish National Museum of Washington, May twenty first. Luigi Mangioni, killer of the United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. That was December of last year, if you can remember, it's been that long. Despite the brutality of his crime, Mangoni found himself celebrated in some parts of the left, his crime minimalized or excused for what some apparently consider a bold action against oppress the oppressive health care system. Beyond that, of course, they've already been riots in Los Angeles and other protests, some with the participation of Democratic lawmakers or Democratic support groups like labor unions, that involve varying degrees of disorderliness. Finally, Who's been an alarming plunge in the number of Democrats who say they are proud to be an American. Back in twenty fifteen, Obama was president, eighty percent of Democrats say they were extremely or very proud to be an American. This according to Gallup Survey. Today, the same survey show as Donald Trump in the White House, that number is now thirty six percent, accurd to CNN data analysts Harry and Topping on the Top, speaking on the topic Democrats, the percentage who say they're proud to be an American has fallen through the floor. He also observed the Democratic numbers are entirely different from Republican numbers. In twenty fifteen, Obama was president, ninety percent of Republicans say they were extremely or very proud to be an American. Today, with Trump, the numbers ninety two, virtually unchanged. Byron York says, take it all together, the situation is this, some Democrats are calling on the elected representatives to engage in violence against the policies of President Trump. And I would interject, I think it's more than that that far left wing the party wants to engage in violence against this system of government. Look at the practically mayor in New York City. They've all got him having wined that mom dommi guy, he's a blank and communist. Well three distribution. We're going to tax all the rich into submission. We're gonna give it away. How long is that gonna work, mister Mandami? Anyway? Going back to Byron. At the same time, groups that might be characterized as militant allies of the progressive of democratic movement are resorting to violence in an effort to obstruct the president's enforcement of federal immigration law. Its laws on the books, folks, Some radicals have committed politically motivated murder, for which they receive support in some far left circles. And it's all happening in the context of one of two major political parties experiencing a sharp drop and the most basic measure of civic devotion pride in being American, and in a two party system. The sharp drop is on the Democratic side of the Ledger the troubling picture. Nothing on the immediate horizon suggests it will improve anytime soon. Thank you byron Yorke for the opinion. Bobby's on the line. Your phone calls are quite welcome. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three Talk and get in touch with QC Connects. I'll give you the number here three times in just a second. If you're experiencing arthritic pain, neck pain, knee pain, hit pain, you've been to the doctor, You've gotten all the steroid shots and multiple rounds of them. Maybe, if you're dealing with that much pain, maybe you've had a conversation about surgery. Now, before you do that, why not get in touch with the folks at QC Kinetics because they offer a free consultation. This is not me, it's not meds, it's not going under the ninth. It's regenerative medicine using treatments like advanced cellular therapy and platerit platelet rich plasma which help your body heel itself, not masking the pain. This apparently goes right to the root of the problem. Cellular treatments with growth factors and healing properties that maximize your own body's ability to heal itself. In a wild success rate, ninety two percent of their patients reports satisfaction with the results. So it's working apparently for folks that are dealing with pain just like you. So why not find out if the treatment is the right avenue to go to go down by taking them up on their offer of a free consultation free five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero.
Speaker 1: Zero one nine.
Speaker 12: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station at Color Young Funeral, Healthy.
Speaker 3: Happy one to you. I'm going to go over to the phones. Remember thinking about KC dot com. You try Heart Media absolutely can stream all of the iHeartMedia content and there is a ton of it, more than you can probably ever imagine. But also the podcast for Daniel Davis Deep Die the inside scoop of Bright Barton News and Cory Bowman for Mayor. He talked about violence in downtown Cincinnati, an ongoing problem we're facing right now. And of course maybe he is a refreshing alternative to a mayor who doesn't really seem to care or acknowledge it. Let's gore to the phones. Who what Bobby's got this morning? Bobby, welcome in the morning, showing a happy Wednesday, you sir.
Speaker 1: Happy hump Day, my brother.
Speaker 5: I tell you what, you got a true patriot on the line with you this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh I know you are, Bobby, without question.
Speaker 5: Well, I tell you what. There was an awful good cabinet meeting yesterday with the Trump's true the only thing is here they need to get a short layer of dunk button on that at one fifteen yesterday during his cabinet meeting, but said the same thing I did a week ago accidentally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, those words do tend to pop up.
Speaker 9: Hey, I do.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got a question. How's the shooting rate going on down in Cincinnati? I know someday we had a street takeover in Clifton, and you know what I'm saying, people don't want to talk about the problems. We had a shooting in Walnut Hills last night. I guess that's why Cincinnati holds the top five and the most violent city's per capitinal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the nation. Yeah, maybe that's why the alcohols back on. Firearm Bureau is now offering rewards for tips to lead to prosecution and gun related crimes twenty five hundred dollars rewards. I mean, how do we get on their radar, Bobby. Apparently it's because of what you just pointed out. We got a very violent city. It only seems to be getting worse.
Speaker 5: It's in the top five of the nation. My friend, and our people down there in the city hall, they don't want to do anything about it. You know, support your police. You can't get enough of them. They all need to be on the street to curtail these problems. And until you go ahead and respect the police and you put the numbers up there where they need to be, it's not gonna get you better.
Speaker 3: Well and again, I keep going back to the fact that's what the leftists want. They don't want it to get better. They want chaos, they want violence, they want anger, they want to like it's like the Bolshevik Revolution. You know, they get enough people out there they want to overthrow the government. And I know that sounds crazy, conspiratorial, but this is the playbook that they work off of. Undermine the authority, undermine the government, undermine every component of it. We have an evil and listen It's part of the education system, now, isn't it. Bobby, talk about how evil the United States is, how we're born of original sin and we're irredeemable and we're nothing but bad, and you know, war wagers, and they forget and they overlook everything that the United States has been able to do based upon its absolute outright success over two hundred and forty nine years. Ignore all that. I mean, this is the goal they want. They want socialism, they want wealth redistribution, they want the end of anything remotely related to capitalism, which is the obviously most demonstrably successful form of government.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 5: I had a two and a half percent chance to be born in this country. I was born a winner amen first date yeap period that most people don't realize what they have here. Give them five thousand dollars and I can give them seven other places to go in this world and see if they come back.
Speaker 3: I agree with you completely, Bobby. We don't appreciate the blessings of living in America. How is it that so many people from outside this country want to come here?
Speaker 1: Right? Is it?
Speaker 3: The overwhelming flood of illegal immigrants across our border during the Biden administration illustrative of the fact that we live in the best country and they all want to slice of that action. Yeah, you pull globally and we would have what like a billion people coming to the United States of America if everybody wanted to come here got their way. Why, Because we live in a free country at least well as our freedoms gradually erode, most people are clamoring for that. Just an opportunity which you don't get in other forms of government. Good to hear from you, Bobby, have a great day. Five on three seven, nine fifty five, eight hundred y two to three talk. Yes, there was a riot in Clifton over the weekend. Know about that? Did you a street takeover? Learn about that? Local story is coming up along with more by First, odor exit won't get rid of the stench of politics, but odo exit has a product to get rid of whatever that odor is that you want to get rid of.
Speaker 1: Smoke, Yes, it can get rid of smoke, mold, mildew.
Speaker 3: You just acquire a pre owned automobile that kind of has a stench to it from the prior person who own it.
Speaker 1: It'll get rid of that odor.
Speaker 3: Food oders, pet oders, human oders, they've got a product for all that, and they all come with a one hundreercent satisfaction guarantee. Use as directed, it will work to eradicate the odor, or you'll get your money back. To learn more about how the products work, which products are available, and which one you need for the odor that you're trying to get rid of, just go to the website.
Speaker 1: Learn more.
Speaker 3: It's odor exit dot com, od O r XIT. There's a search engine there. You can find out where it's sold locally if you need it today, otherwise, just order it from the website. It is promptly delivered to your door easily, usually a day maybe two, but it's quick and it works locally, owned and operated and made manufactured here in the Greater SINCINNTI area for twenty five years. And congratulations to them for helping folks out get rid of those pesky odors again.
Speaker 1: Odor Exit dot Com fifty five, KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: Kenedi one the four kasts got it afternoons, So unsating raining is going to show up after noontime, maybe some thunderstorms, no severe weather, however.
Speaker 1: Eighty six for the high down to sixty nine overnight.
Speaker 3: Maybe some patching falk partly thirty day tomorrow, very little chance to rain ads sixty clouds overnight, muggy conditions in a sixty nine well eighty eight to high on Friday, hot human partly Thotty Sky assisted tenius.
Speaker 1: Chance of rain seventy two. Right now, it's not for traffic.
Speaker 13: From the uce health Traffic center. You see health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, training injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at ucehealth dot com. Traffic is building, but still on the light to moderate side for the most part so far. Anyway, roads are dry. I'm seeing posted speeds in all directions, even through the construction. It may just be construction zone posted speeds. I'm Heather Passco on fifty five krc the talk.
Speaker 3: Station six thirty one fifty five KRCD Talk Stations. Happy Wednesday, listener lunch Wednesday, So it is happier for me. I really enjoyed listener lunches. Hope to see you there again. Wandering Monsters Brewery, Beachmont Avenue over the local stories. Yeah, it is already Wednesday, but at least it was reported yesterday guess what happened over the weekend. More violence a street takeover is what is described as happened on Ludlow Avenue and Clifton residents and business owners are really upset about the whole situation. Apparently this has been going on for a while. Thanks to Brett Buganski over a Channel nine Fox WCPO for reporting on this. They obtained reports that up to eighty people crowd of the street block Traffee were partying about three between three p forty and four am. Happened last Sunday. courtA dispatcher push the crowd back. Fire is having trouble getting out of the firehouse. They were blocking the fire department from going on a run. Described so many people in the street. The fire truck said it. They said it couldn't get out of the firehouse on Ludlow Avenue. There's surveillance video that WCPO obtained showing police officers trying to break up the crowd. Officers chasing at least one person and catching up to him over the scanners. Officers reported that they had used a taser to control the crowd and deployed pepper spray or pepper balls corner to Steve Gooden, who's joined the program. He's our resident legal expert. He's also a former City council member and member of the Clifton Community Council. He said when they first when the first few officers arrived, they were scared. They called for back and backup was slow to arrive. I wonder why that might be good and said what you're seeing in the surveillance videos and hearing over the scanners was brought up during their Community Council meeting Monday this week, some residents and businesses voicing concerns about the safety and their livelihood, which has reportedly being an beginning sorry being been an ongoing problem for a couple of years. Can't give my mouth to work this morning, I'm sorry now. Apparently part of the problem maybe the Bohemian hookah cafe which is open every day from four pm to four am. They don't have a liquor license. And how is it that you can smoke in a hookah bar but you can't smoke anyplace else?
Speaker 1: He asked.
Speaker 3: Anyway business owners, the WCPOS book was said all the trouble happens after the bars closed at two am. People selling alcohol out of their cars fighting on the sidewalks in the middle of the street. Surveillance video is showing some appear to be intimidating people by showing a gun in their Wasteman business owners blaming the hookah lowns for enabling this. Although you can't necessarily blame the hookah bar. It's open, it's a legal business. It's the people in it. CPO called the landlord of the Hookah Lounges, who said over the phone that she was trying to evict the business because of the repeated complaints of disorderly conduct, besides the city dedicating more officers to Clifton on the weekends when bars close. CPO asked, good and what they want from the city quote, I would love for the city to file a public nuisance lawsuit to shut down the hookah bar. Well, there's a possible solution, right if your business has been identified as a public nuisance, the police can shut it down and they can go after it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: CPO reached out to aftab pro ball remembers of the city council to talk about this not reported that way. They said they did reach out to city officials for comment on the Hookah business and whether they plan to label a nuisance. And they're continuing to press for answers about what steps will be taken to address the Clifton area residents concerns and about safety, and they will be keeping track of it. At least we've got some local news outlets reporting on this frightening stuff. Folks six point thirty five fifty five KRC the talk station, feel free to call otherwise go to a different direction, but also call in Electric for all your residential electric projects. Calling Electric the folks of the Right connections a plus of the better business peer. Andrew Cullen is solid, solid team of license electricians. They're proud of their honest reputation and they provide all facets of residential electric work. As I always point out the min over to my place for a whole bunch of electric projects over the years, I along with you for any project they do. Got a ten year wiring warranty on the projects and they do great work and very efficient. They are again customer service superior. The price is always right and the wiring work will meet your satisfaction. Of course, you got a warranty on it, so give a call and tell Brian said Hi, when you do. It's five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two online Cullenelectric, Cincinnati dot Com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the talk Station.
Speaker 6: The Devastating Technic.
Speaker 3: It's six forty fifty five KRC, the talk Station, Happy Wednesday. I'm going to go to the phones here right now. It's five one three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk pound five fifty on eighteen to two phone. Hey, Steve, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, I am semi retired. I'm sixty three. I work three days a week, but this is one of the days off, and I'm sitting on my deck. The fountains are going, got banana plants around me, a lemon tree. I mean, it's it's my home, sitting under the wisteria on the arbor that I built. So it's it's life is pretty good.
Speaker 1: It sounds beautiful, man.
Speaker 14: And then we top it off. I got you on the radio, so what what you know? What else could you get? But uh, this will be my third listener lunch. First one I went to by myself made a lot of friends. Everybody is really kind and and it's just a it's a nice atmosphere. Took my lovely wife and some friends from church a few months ago, and so it'll be me and my better half today. The only thing I you know, I stopped trying to figure out women a long time ago. But I mean, but when my lovely wife met you, and you you came to our table and talked and walked away, and she just said, the voice doesn't match the face. And I don't know if that's good, Matt. I have no idea what that means, but take it as a compliment. Maybe maybe you know, I don't know.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 7: No, no, I don't you know.
Speaker 14: I mean, I but you know, I guess when you've not seen the person. Now, I had been to the website many times, so I kind of knew what you look like, so but I don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 14: I know you've got Jay Ratliff on every Thursday, And I mean, you don't mind that I'd get away from the killing and the city and everything for a minute.
Speaker 1: Or two or do you no?
Speaker 5: Not of it?
Speaker 14: Okay? And I'm kind of hoping to hear about the Air India flight because I was in India in April. It's an amazing country. The people are just the friendliest people in the world. And that that happened, you know, some few weeks after I got back, and it kind of hit me hard because I actually I was on Air India on one of my flights and they're just an amazing people. So I'm hoping we'd get to hear something about I don't think he's followed up yet on that. He's kind of.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe because there's nothing, not enough information to follow up on, because these investigations do take a long long time there, you do very thorough investigations. It maybe I haven't gotten a list of topics. He provides Joe and me with the topics he wants to talk about, and occasionally I'll steer him in a different direction. He doesn't mind that at all, So maybe I'll bring it up if it's not on his topic list.
Speaker 14: But if you don't mind, again, I know, I could do an internet search and look for it, but I'd rather be spoon fed like a baby. So I like him to tell me what's going on. But I'll look forward to seeing you at lunchtime. Well, I'm I'm in Independence, and we actually go to Jungle Gym's in Eastgate probably about every three weeks, so we're gonna take advantage of bribing all the way out there, and once we're leaving, we'll we'll go one more exit and we'll hit Jungle Gyms and we'll come back home after that. So yeah, thanks for everything you do, and and Joe really keeps the show going. I love the sound effects and all that stuff and little phrasings he hits and it really makes the chef.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I share your eur opinion about Jos Trekker and the sound bite, Steve, and I am very much looking forward to seeing you in your better half at lunch today wandering Monsters Brewery on Beachmunt Avenue. In case you haven't gotten the word, you too are invited and talking about I going back to violence generally speaking. And you know that while we've been complaining of late here in the morning show with my guests and all that, the city Council doesn't say anything about the violence we obviously have a plague with here in the city. Mayor keeps his mouth shut. Of course, they're on summer break, so why would we hear from them, Oh, oh, it's not their job while they're on break. But more and more elected officials, and notably all of the blue cities are encouraging violence. And now it may be on the fringe. Now, oh my god, immigrations and customs affairs, and we can't have ICE agents in our neighborhood.
Speaker 1: This is wrong.
Speaker 3: Mayor Brandon Johnson, Brandon Johnson and Chicago vowing the city will never ever cooperate with ICE. You know, again, it's unconscionable at a time in which so many working people impoor people need government to show up for them. That this administration, that Trump administration, has caused so much consternation and division.
Speaker 1: Look, we are a welcoming.
Speaker 3: City ordinance, he said, our local police department will not ever cooperate with ICE, whatever their constitutional authority is. Note that last part of that sentence. We will never cooperate with ICE, whatever their constitutional authority is. He doesn't care about the law on the books. He is telling people to violently oppose immigrations and customs enforcement. No, it's not a city policy, it's not a state law that's being enforced. It's a federal law that's being enforced duly it acted signing law by whatever presidents signed the current existing law, and it's been a long time since there was any quote unquote in immigration reform. But they have the right and legal obligation and duty to do their job, which is round up illegal immigrants, most notably going after the most criminal element among them, which would be better for all the cities, getting the most dangerous violent gang members off the streets. Isn't that something we all want? I think the answer is probably a resounding hell yes. Brandon Johnson not really talking to the people, his constituents, residents of the various neighborhoods who've been overrun by migrant gangs and crime. But he's out loud, like La mayor Bass, out loud, screaming about defying law enforcement. And it doesn't take much for those who might defy law enforcement because they feel they have some moral right to prevent illegal immigrants from being evicted from our country. Oh my god, my ancestors were illegal immigrants or whatever. You disagree with the policy, you're supposed to deal with it at the ballot box. And elective officials who are against the particular policy as it is in place. But no, no, no, we've moved beyond that because most Americans want them out of the country and want a secure border. So the leftists aren't going to get their way. So what do you do when you can't get your way at the ballot box and elect people? Thought, Well, you take it to the streets, and you openly and out allowed to find laws. So you're talking about ice in this particular place, and you have some elevated moral authority to say the law is wrong. These are real people. Look, here's an immigrant mother who's been here. Blah blah blah. You know the old story. They always towed out the worst possible factual scenario and hold it up as if every single person falls into that particular category of faction. No, how about this gang member who raped children. You don't raise him in defense of your keeping him in the country. You don't use him as a poster child for immigration reform. But the leftists who are anxious and want this country to fall apart, use that these mayors, these elected officials, these people who are supposed to be law enforcers, who swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America as well as their state Constitution and uphold local laws. They did take a vow to do that when they were elected. They come out swinging against one sliver of law enforcement, and it's perceived as an open invitation to go after all government, and that's the goal. Read your Marx six forty eight fifty five car, see the talk station and get in touch with Chimney Care Fireplaces Stove Local, own and operated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better business bureau and offering a free service that you really do need to take advantage of.
Speaker 1: The exterior evaluation of your chimney.
Speaker 3: They're looking for water damage because you know, if you don't have the right flashing up there or cock or whatever keeps the water out of your house along that chimney perimeter, that needs to be taken care of. But at least have them inspected to make sure you don't have a problem, and if you do, they can find it and avoid a much much broader problem down the road with water damage. That's free. And if you have a woodburning fireplace, you gotta worry about kreosop build up. So have this all taken care of in the summertime when you're not using your fireplace or free standing stove. They do a video camera inspection of the entire chimney and then do a certified chimney sweep of the chimney, making sure everything is safe so you can hit the ground running when the temperatures drop, so that springs are the special for the woodburning sweeping evaluation. It's only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents. So keep your house from burning down by having it properly serviced and maintained by my friends a Chimneycare fireplace and stove. You can get an appointment online by going to the website learn more about what they sell on the showroom floor as well as the other services they offer. That's Chimneycareco dot Com, chimneycarec dot com or call them for that appointment. Five one three, two four eight ninety six hundred that's two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC tay their history.
Speaker 3: Six fifty three fifty five ker c detalk station by Thomas Wishing everyone a very happy Wednesday. It's amazing when to change an administration can be Going back to the border, obviously the border has been shut down almost one hundred percent. We aren't dealing with the mass flood of illegal immigrants coming to our country that we had under Joe Biden, an intentional thing, but it's having an impact on jobs too. It's really wild. Labor Bureau Labor statistics came out the other day with some really wild figures. Compared to the start of the year, foreign born employment there will be immigrant point employment, illegal or otherwise down by half a million, over half a million workers, while American born employment citizen employment is up by over two million. Labor force participation rate rose from sixty one point four percent to sixty one point eight percent, just a small percentage increase, but still highest level ever of native born Native born Americans employed over the Herriage Foundation.
Speaker 5: E J.
Speaker 3: Antony commented on this mainly that compared to former Joe Biden's migrant economy economy where nearly all of the net job growth went to foreign born workers, Trump's economy delivering nearly all net job growth to native born Americans. Quote, what a difference a president makes. Last November, the twelve month changing jobs among native born Americans was minus one point one million, but for June this year, up one point seven million. Average hourly earnings for all employees on private non farm payroll rows zero point two percent to thirty six dollars and thirty cents in June. That's a quarter of the Burea of Labor Statistics. So wages are up and American born employment is up. Over the past twelve months, average hourly earnings are up three point seven percent, according to the Bureau Labors to two HM HM migrants gained more than four point seven million jobs under Biden. Employment growth for native born Americans increased by only six hundred and forty five thousand jobs. That's accorded Center for Immigration Studies Research. So when you compare the two, obviously, the Biden administration did get employment for illegal immigrants, but what about Americans, Well, it's flipped dramatically under the Trump administration. I suppose someone accused me of xenophobia or something for wanting American citizens to get jobs that are obviously available. There sixty five come up with six fifty six. The Jack added in Big Picture Trump and Churchill, that'll be after the top of the Hour News. Always enjoy that segment with Jack brilliant he is. I hope he can stick around for that.
Speaker 15: A full rundown and the biggest ten lines is and it's away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a fact now Americans shouldn't know.
Speaker 3: Fifty five K the talk station Yashi at seven oh six. Here a big five KROSD talk station Wednesday. In addition to Judge Ennertapolitana, we'll hear from Donald and Neil at bottom of the are about rescinding her overriding diwines Vito's We are talking right now, getting a big picture with Jack Add in a segment I look forward to every single week.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Jack Add. It's always a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 16: I've missed your Pale and Joe and all the listeners. Amesley and I visited our older daughter and her husband in France where they were doing autism research, so we've been out of touch, only to return to find this horrendous tragity in Texas. I covered floods on the Guadalupe River forty years ago working in San Antonio, but this is beyond words still. We also returned to a lot of good news, Trump ending wars between India and Pakistan, Congo and Rwanda, and of course Israel and Iran, and now the Palestinians may want to get in. Everyone wants to talk peace, maybe even Ukraine and Russia, although I'm less optimistic about that. Along with Colonel Davis. Then the Supreme Court backing Trump on deportations and limiting nationwide injunctions, the University of Pennsylvania even apologizing for letting men compete in women's sports.
Speaker 1: How about that, and.
Speaker 16: The President getting his one big beautiful law. It'll preserve and expand Trump's first term tax cuts, finish the border wall, fully fund ice and defense, including a Golden Dome for America, and shift money to parents for cool choice. That may be the most important thing of the bill. And yes, one point seven trillion dollars in actual spending cuts. But then Trump aims to further shrink deficits through deregulation and energy production, all to fuel growth. You remember growth, friends, Apparently our favorite senator and congressmen from Kentucky do not, but it's possible they will vote for the next reconciliation and recision bills, maybe Mike Johnson and John thuneval. Those will be coming, because, folks, the Big Beautiful Bill was just step one necessary but not sufficient. Nobody claimed it was. What I'd like to talk about this morning, Brian, though, is how ironically none of this might have been possible had Trump been declared the winner in twenty twenty. How Trump and the country needed is four year long time in the wilderness, those four disastrous years of Joe Biden and his woke puppet masters welcoming millions of illegals, inviting Putin to invade Ukraine, at Hamas to invade Israel, inviting inflation dei, the kind of crime we're now seeing spread throughout Cincinnati. We needed those four awful years to remind America what democratic rule is all about. We had to be brought to the brink of what Joe Biden likes to call an existential crisis, a real one, not the phony crisis. Hakim Jeffreys stumbled and mumbled about for more than eight hours trying to keep Republicans from passing that one big, beautiful bill. All this got me thinking about a man I greatly admire, Winston Churchill, the man who single handedly fought off Adolf Hitler until the Japanese forced America into World War II. Winston Churchill had all so been banished from office for more than twenty years until Not so Great Britain finally realized they needed him back. Churchill spent those decades in the wilderness following World War One, partly because he wanted to overthrow, excuse me, Communism. That's one of the reasons he was forced out. It was after the Russian Revolution, and then because he wanted to stop Nazism in its tracks before Hitler could invade. Britain, France, and the United States all thought they could appease Hitler's appetite for world conquest and for the extermination of Jews and others. Churchill's predecessor, Neville Chamberlain even declared peace in our time when he made a deal sacrificing Germany's neighbors. But Churchill accused the appeasers.
Speaker 17: Of feeding the crocodile, hoping the crocodile will eat them lost, just as Obama and Biden fed Iran cash and phoning nuclear deals, only to leave the world weeks some people say, even just days away from those America hating jihadists achieving nuclear capability.
Speaker 16: In a way, Trump has an advantage over Churchill because that British aristocrat remained an imperialist all his life, Churchill fought against Britain surrendering India and its other colonies. Had he been alive in seventeen seventy six, Churchill would have opposed the American Revolution. By contrast, for all his bomb bast about making Canada and Greenland the next two United States, Trump is really fighting for the American idea, which is not about empire. The American idea is all about maintaining no more government than we need to defend ourselves against foreign foes, no more government than we need to preserve God given individual rights. The United States is not a kingdom an empire. It's a republic governed by a constitution that divides up and strictly limits the power of government, including the power of misguided government to open our borders lawlessly, to ship our jobs overseas using tax and trade laws, and to turn judges and bureaucrats into tyrants. Donald Trump, Mike Johnson, John Thune, and those Republicans who, without any help from Democrats, just gave us the one big beautiful Bill, the one big beautiful start. They did not break or ignore any laws or judicial rulings. They even bowed to the partisan Congressional Budget Office, which doesn't recognize that tax cuts give us more revenue. They even bow to the Senate parliamentarian and I don't want to go within that she was up to. Look, Brian, this bill is far from perfect. That's the nature of democracy. You have to compromise so you can elect more people who agree with you, which is what we should be focused on right now. We don't want unanimity. Only dictatorships are unanimous. We want compromise and that allows us to move toward our goals, one step at a time, to sum up. In nineteen forty, with Hitler overrunning Europe and the luftwuff of Blitz pulverizing the British Isles, Britain had no choice but to bring Winston Churchill back from the wilderness because he had been the only man willing to fight. In twenty twenty four, with wars raging across the globe, inflation soaring, our manufacturing base lost, and millions of illegal immigrants, many of them human traffickers, drug dealers, violent criminals let loose on America by the Biden regime, thirty one states, including all of the Swing States, brought Donald Trump back from the wilderness because Donald Trump was the only man willing to fight. There's more fighting left to do, but so far, America I think is winning.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I agree with you and you know, say we want to with a big, beautiful bill which I hate the name of it. It does have a lot of very important and profound implications positive for the country, and I'm i am upset that the current administration isn't as much of a deficit hawk as I would like it to be. But hopefully, as you pointed out, the improvement in job conditions and the economic benefits we get from that bill will negate some of the deficit spending reality. But we do have an existential threat in terms of our Fiat currency. But I appreciate the point that you made about the hiatus we had having Biden in office for four years now. I don't think Trump would been able to accomplish what he's accomplished in lightning speed.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's July Jack.
Speaker 3: Look at what he's been able to do in the short period of times since he got sworn in.
Speaker 1: I don't think that.
Speaker 16: And you know, an even bigger irony is that Biden and the Democrats might have been much better off had they lost the twenty twenty two congressional mid year elections. After Bill Clinton lost his midterm elections in nineteen ninety four, he declared the era of big government is over, and Clinton then went on to work with the new Republican House Speaker Nut Gingrich. Together they balanced budgets. They added work requirements to welfare, yes they did, until those were dissipated under the Democrats, and the good economy that produced became Clinton's biggest achievement by the same token. After Barack Obama admitted he took a shellacking in the twenty ten midterm elections, Obama moved closer to the center on a few issues, including illegal immigrants, becoming the deporter in chief, and that helped him win reelection in twenty twelve. By contrast, the Biden administration became even more radical after winning the twenty twenty two midterms, and Kamala Harris got clobbered in twenty twenty four having learned nothing and having lost working people to Trump. Democrats are more radical now than ever. I can't believe what's going on in my old hometown, New York City. So Republicans keep working together. As they did on this big, beautiful start. I think they'll win again next year and in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Eight, exactly because we have fresh in our minds what was going on and what happened under the Biden administration. You know, I've often said, Jack, and maybe you can comment on this withether you agree or disagree with me. With the fall of the Iron Curtain and the fall of the Soviet Union, we lost our moral perspective and our moral bearing. They were our arch enemy during the Cold War, but get always compared to the United States and our standard of living, the fact that we had Levi's blue jeans and VCRs and we didn't have breadlines with the cold, harsh reality of what communism looked like in practice, breadlines, you know, a gray, dismal sort of perspective, and we could hold it out against like listen, no, you don't want to go that direction. You could fight off your political foes who were you know, socialist leaning. We would call them comedis and pinkos, and that was like the death no for any politician who embraced that kind of ideology. We've drifted so far from that perspective that we've forgotten about how bad things were in the Soviet Union, and to use that as a sort of a barometer politically. Now we've got people running as active socialist come communists, like notably that Momdammi guy in New York. We've just lost sight. But having Joe Biden fresh in the rear view mirror and how bad things were under him, it's allowed Trump to move forward with his agenda and it looks like the American people are pretty happy with it.
Speaker 16: With that question, everybody in your brilliant audience knows the term iron curtain was coined by Winston church Yeah, Missouri. Yeah, after World War II. No, what the Democrats have to do is systematically ruined the character of Americans so that they don't realize what life used to be. We're often kind of nostalgic for the past, which was not perfect, but was a hell of a lot better than what we've got now in so many respects today. And Yeah, George Orwell, who after Churchill, was perhaps the best diagnostician of communism, writing all about Stalinism, noted that a key tenant of Stalinist's strategy was to keep in front of his people big brothers people, the idea that there was an enemy out there who was going to make life even worse for them right than it was under Big Brother. They called him a Manuel Goldstein, and every day there was a two minute hate. People got together in groups wherever they were and yelled how much they hated Goldstein. That's what the Democrats are doing now with Donald Trump. We didn't need to make up a character. We had Joe Biden's administration. And one of the things Joe Biden himself as an individual is a hateful person. We all know now that he was beyond being hateful. He was simply not there. We had him in front of us for four years, and that's why we were able.
Speaker 1: To move on. Amen.
Speaker 3: It's an outstanding analysis, as it always is, Jack, evidence why I love having you on my program every single week. God bless him. Glad you're back, Glad you had saved travels, and I'll look forward to next Monday with another insightful informative discussion with you, and between now and then, as always, Bet the best of love and health to you and your better.
Speaker 1: Half, Aimsley and Paul Man.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much, Pal, Thanks brother seven nineteen right now forty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 3: How about saving lots of money, thousands and thousands of dollars in savings. It's if it's affordable imaging services. You know, we all have to get an echo cardigram, an MRI, a CT scan and or an ultrasound at some point in our life. And if you go to the host imaging department, it's going to be thousands of dollars. Nothing at affordable imaging services for images is more than I think. The most expensive thing is like eight hundred bucks there, and that may be an echo cardogram with an enhancement. You pay like thirty five hundred dollars even more at the hospital for that. I haven't seen updated pricing, but I understand hospital charges are going up shocking. No one don't spend five grand at a hospital imaging department to get a CT scan. I've gotten several CT scans that affordable imaging services. The doctors always saying no problem with the image of the board certified radiologists report, which the price comes with included. You get a separate charge at hospitals often for that. It's low overhead, yes, but the same equipment hospitals use and professionals running it. The radiologists report it all comes in one low, low price. So at ct scan four hundred and fifty bucks without a contrast six hundred with a contrast compared to again five thousand or perhaps more at a hospital. So exercise your right to a choice. You have a choice when it comes to medical care, including imaging five one three, seven, five three eight thousand, five one three, seven, five three eight thousand. Learn more online It's Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krc Ihearten.
Speaker 3: Seven two coming up at seven twenty three to fifty five KERCIT talk station. Gonna hear from Donoaneil Americans for Prosperity is going to be working on Ohio lawmakers to override some of Mike dwiness vetos. And notably among the list is not the six hundred million dollars for the for the Cleveland Browns. I was going on a tear on that this morning because we're gonna hear from Mark Dan who's a lawyer of the founding partner of Dan Law. They have filed a lawsuit against a munch of officials in Ohio uh saying that the rating of that that fund six point or four point eight billion dollar fund.
Speaker 1: Is illegal.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: I know the budget changed the law and said unclaim funds can be taken by the state after ten years, but their lawsuits suggests otherwise. And I again whether it's lawful or not. And we'll hear the details about the state of the law from Mark dan He's gonna be on an eight ZHO five. I go back to the morality the ethics of it. You know, this this idea that our taxpayer dollars even if its unclaimed fund, so they didn't take it from you necessarily, but they took it from someone who didn't claim like a closed bank account or an uncash check. That just the idea that money would go to a sports entity privately owned is I just find a contrary to the founding principles of our country. You know, Jack edd had talked about the constitution being a limitation on government. We all know how ineffective it is anymore as a limitation on government, which is why you have to have an administration who is interested in taking back the powers of government and get returning them to you where they belong in.
Speaker 1: The first instance.
Speaker 3: But right here in Ohio, a state that is dominated by Republicans and a budget that was controlled by Republicans, that we would use that money for sports. There's never an end to the hands that want to end up in the cookie jar. And how they arrived at that decision is just it's like the peace of God for me, folks, passes all human understanding, or at least my human understanding. So they were looking forward to having him back on and looking forward to Donovan and Neil coming and joining the program in the next segment to talk about what they want by way of veto override seven twenty five.
Speaker 1: Right now, forty five KC detalk station cover sency just call them.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a great time to start thinking about your medical insurance. And it's always a great time. And there are changes in the great, big, Beautiful Bill. I learned about this from John Rohlman the other day. The tax credit that you get is now going to be capped again. Before COVID kicked in, I think it was like a sixty four thousand dollars a year earnings tax cap. So if you made more than that by even a dollar, you no longer got some tax incentive and relief for the Obamacare premium. So that's disappearing So if you're in that situation, you want to reach out to cover since you and talk to John about a better way to get insured medically, and you can save a heapload of money while getting dollar one coverage. Right, you know you got you know, I have ten thousand dollars out of pocket responsibility under Obamacare next year, and that's twenty thousand dollars. If you've got a family, you have that kind of money in your pocket. Well, John can solve the problem for you. Small businesses, you need to reach out to John as well, because he can improve your business's bottom line while getting your employees better medical insurance coverage, coverage that they're actually going to want to to buy. And as some folks don't make much money and they can't imagine the idea having ten thousand dollars out of pocket liability, So why even bothered buying the medical insurance? Well John can solve that problem. He and his team are doing this every single day and it doesn't cost you a dime. They work with hundreds of insurance companies thousands of different policies to put the package of insurance together that meets your specific needs, get your actual coverage for less money, So give him a call five on three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five. Again, no obligation or cost to you to have them do this analysis on your behalf to start the process. Make it really easy. Just go to the website that's cover Since dot Com, Cover since Hea dot Com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 18: Hey there, History fans, I heartrate thirty if you have on car CD talk station and a very happy Wednesday to you, always extra special talking with Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity doing great work here in the state of Ohio to try to bring about some fiscal sanity and responsibility and government.
Speaker 1: Donovan, welcome back to the Morning show, my friend Brian. Always good to be with you. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: All right, So we got the budget here in the state of Ohio, and I've been on a tear constantly, of course, because of the six hundred million dollars going to the Browns, and I know you have no control over that, and it's not something that dwind vetoed, which really kind of irked me considering what he did veto But because Vetos line item veto's which our governor has the authority to do. They can be overridden, and that's what you're working on now to override some of the veto's Dwine did, and some of them making me scratch my head. It seems like everything related to providing the Hiolins with property tax relief were the subject of the veto pen and the line eye of veto. I guess sort of as a broader perspective, why did Dwine vote what I think a lot of people really would have really appreciated, which is some relief toward property taxes.
Speaker 1: Well, that's been a bit of a head scratcher.
Speaker 15: Each of these vetos, the governor does put out a veto message, you know, it's sort of a well curated, you know, statement on each one of the items in general, would I would summarize these as I understand them as the governor felt like more review was necessary before making any changes to the property tax system here in the state of Ohio, which to me, Brian is ludicrous because last year there was a select committee created in last year's budget that met and vetted hundreds of hours of testimony. Hundreds of organizations delivered testimony, and they developed a report that was released late last year. I think twenty one with items of recommendations.
Speaker 3: Which some of which items were the ones that were included in the bill which he vetoed then correct and.
Speaker 15: Also were items that over the last six months had received House and Senate versions of legislation, which also Brian received hundreds of hours of public vetting by organizations across the political spectrum, local government entities and otherwise that ultimately the items that were included in the state budget.
Speaker 1: Regarding property taxes.
Speaker 15: I think we're generally very well vetted, generally popular ideas that would actually solve some of the transparency and accountability issues as well as bring direct relief to property tax owners.
Speaker 3: Right, maybe not as much as we all want. I mean, they weren't going to solve the problem of our property taxes going up thirty percent or whatever in any given year when they do the review, but at least they would help in some way, so you know, every little bit counts. I mean, I'll take a little bit. I'm not going to get one hundred percent of what I want, like how about no property tax, but at least that they provided some foundation for us to get some you know, transparency as you point out, or at least some measure of relief, then why not?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with it? Mike Dwine, Well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and I think that's why you're seeing such a rapid response from lawmakers to come back and start with this tranch of vetos. They're sixty seven in total number of them. I think they still need to do more overrights on butts. For now, we've got a commitment you know that the legislature made yesterday calling numbers back January twenty first, eleven am to vote on overriding three the three property tax items that the governor.
Speaker 3: Vetoed Okay, And before we get to the specific ones we're going to talk about, I'll probably have to take a break before we dive into those specifically. But by way of process, as I understand it, I had one of the state senators on the show, they don't have to override all the vetos at one time that they want. I mean, they can do them maybe three when they return, and then further in the year they might want to override some other vetos, so they can do little bytes at the apple or or just a step by step process up to a certain deadline.
Speaker 1: Correct, they can do all that.
Speaker 15: And they can even just take these ideas as bills, right, Yeah, run these bills through the process and send the bills straight up to the governor.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of different paths the legislature has, okay, and maybe the latter one and it will be even more effective.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But if they can override the vetos, we get what we want without having to go through another legislative session and you know, through the committees, and they have that introduced and been back and forth with the House and Senate. Fair enough, let's bring Donovan O'Neil back to talk about the three ones that they're targeting, and hopefully we'll get some relief from our elected officials on that and then property tax relief to follow seven thirty five. Right now, if you have KCD talk station, get in touch with foreign exchange, get your imported car fixed traditionally manufactured in Asia or Europe, or your Tesla they are certified to fixed. Tesla is now foreign exchange. I choose the Westchester location where Austoin and this team of ASC certified master technicians work on our cars and they have for years and years. And the reason we go to a foreign exchange and not the dealer is because of the price. Well, I say customer service is better as well, and that goes with that saying for me. But your bottom line is the bottom line, and cars car repairs are getting really expensive, not that they always haven't been expensive, but they're going through the roof, so why not save So take the sting out of a car repair. By going to foreign exch you will leave with a repaired car and a full warranty on parts and service. So you got that going for you. You got more money in your pocket. There's just no reason. There's no downside with foreign exchange. I assure you of that. So the Tylersville exit off of seventy five, go east on Tylersville only two streets. It's a real short jog from the exchange right there, right on Kingland driving. You are there online foreign xform the letter X dot com five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Please tell them, Brian said, high five one three six four four twenty six twenty.
Speaker 6: Six fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: JEDEDI first one to lot of work.
Speaker 3: I ass got some afternoon showers, maybe a thunderstorm, high of eighty six, a few clouds over night, it'll be patchy, fogg.
Speaker 1: Possible sixty nine for the low.
Speaker 3: Eighty six are high tomorrow with partly cloudy sky's in a slim chanceer rain, a few clouds overnight, muggy conditions with a low of sixty nine, and a hot and human Friday with a high of eighty eight seventy three.
Speaker 13: Right now, time for traffic from the UC Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you seehelp dot com. There is an accident on that I seventy one northbound ramp from Ronald Reagan Highway launch for traffic slow connecting. There also on I seventy five southbound traffic slows Paddick Road to town Streets. I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: It's seven thirty nine if if you five KRCD talk station, Happy Wednesday. Brian here with Donald and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. All right overriding Mike Dwines Vetos. There are three of them that you've identified that apparently they have already elected officials have already identified to vote on overriding. Let's start with the property tax the County Budget Commission authority and procedure' what's this one all about? What would the override do? And if implemented, what would this do by way of relief for us well?
Speaker 15: So, one of the things that we has sort of been identified and vetted through last year's Joint Committee and through testimony this year is that there needs to be another layer of accountability on behalf of the taxpayers to make sure that all of the taxing entities within a county are taxing just what they need, not what they want is how I describe it right, and so On local levels, we have county budget commissions. These are made up of the prosecutor, the treasurer, and the county auditor. All of our counties have these, and what their job is to do is to review every year, they review the budget for all the political subdivisions within the county and make sure that it's leving the right property taxes and collecting the necessary moneies.
Speaker 1: Owed.
Speaker 15: What the legislature started to kind of pinpoint here is that we should empower the County Budget Commission to have stronger oversight on behalf of the taxpayers. So if you have a school district that's sitting on one hundred thousand dollars as for example, although in this case be forty thousand dollars, so any to over forty thousand, I'm sorry, forty percent cash carryover, the County Budget Commission could challenge that school board to put that money back to the taxpayers and say, hey, look, you're not using the money. You continue to go to the taxpayers and raise their property taxes. What we're going to ask you is we can say, We're gonna say you can continue to collect the money you need, you can even hold forty percent of your carryover, but anything beyond that you got to give back to the taxpayers. If you don't have a valid, necessary purpose to use that money. Well, that it would create a new check in balance to strengthen taxpayer protections on.
Speaker 1: A local level. I get it all day long, and I understand the point of it.
Speaker 3: But would that not potentially encourage the school board to spend needlessly in order to get below that forty percent carryover?
Speaker 15: Well, I think that's one of the loopholes that can definitely occur there. But I think what part of the way the reformers like David Thomas and others who are working on this issue. You see this as this is a multi year effort to begin to reform structurally the way that we do this so ten twenty fifty years from now we don't find ourselves in a similar property tax crisis.
Speaker 1: So it can provide some.
Speaker 15: Immediate relief, but then long term, the idea here is it's going to provide some structural checks and balances to make sure that we don't get into a situation like we find ourselves in today.
Speaker 3: Okay, And the other component of this just looking at the details. The devil's always in the details. The three individuals you identified and the prosecutor whoever the three of the represent this committee. Do they have the resources, the wherewithal, the knowledge, the ability to look into each and every taxing authority within the county. I mean, you think about the various townships and how it's all broken down. This is a whole lot of say, school districts that they'd have to look at case by case. That's a lot a lot of work that they would have to do, and would they even do it effectively? Well, the nice thing is is that actually already exists. So they already eat, They already exist within the Ohire Revice Code. What this would have done with this, the proposals would do is strengthen that body right oversight. But they'd have to do basically an accounting of the carryover that That seems to me the really the fundamental point here is how much do they have left in their budget from the prior year of expenditures or prior budget and are they at an over that forty percent mark? Given the number of school districts, even in Hamilton County. I just I find it hard to believe that they'll be able to get that work done, be honest with you, Donovan, That.
Speaker 15: Actually all but see here Brian, that information already already exists. Oh okay, so the state already has that, so you can go and you can view that information now you can. And so it's really just giving them the authority to be able to point to this and say, look, you're sitting on a lot of cash. You're now coming to us asking and in this case in some cases coming to us asking for another levee to go on the ballot. Right, either spend the money you already have returned to the taxpayers, or don't even go you know, don't go to the ballot for more money because you're flushless cast.
Speaker 3: I was not aware of those figures existed, because you might have seems like I would have heard about that in arguments over whether or not any given school levee is justified or not. So all right, uh, item too. The twenty mili floor calculation vetoed by governor to one. What's what's this one going to do if overridden?
Speaker 15: So the twenty mil floor is a very flunky calculation. But basically, in the state of Ohio, every school district is entitled to twenty mills or two percent of the property tax evaluation within that school district. So it's guaranteed they would they that money they get. But what we've found over the years, what has occurred over the last several decades, is there are a number of levees, like fixed some emergency levees that are not counted within that twenty mil floor. And so what you have is, because you're gonna use funy numbers illustrative purposes, right, ten mills of you know, existing levees are counted. You know, you got on the ballot, You've go one to the voters, and that's on within that twenty mil floor. The state automatically ups you another ten mills, so you got your twenty mil floor. Ten of that was never voted for, but it's just guaranteed. And then you have these other levees counted outside of that. What we're saying is you need to push those as many of those levees into that twenty mil floor and they all be counted, not use these creative what do you call creative loophole to pull levees outside of that floor, giving school districts the ability to sort of just automatically increase property taxes on folks without it actually going to the voter. And so what this would have done is push all of those levees that are currently carried, you know, put on the people of the state of Ohio within that twenty mil floor. Say you got to actually, you know, count everything within that space. You can't pull things out of that floor or exclude things from that floor and by default sort of create these unvoted tax increases on the people of Ohio.
Speaker 3: All right, and onto then Item number three, the school district property tax levy restrictions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is something we've worked on for a while.
Speaker 15: And what this would get to is it would limit the types of property taxes that school districts could levy, and so right now they can levy have a leave nine. There are nine types of property taxes that can be levied in the state of Ohio. The one I would point to just makes the most sense to me. Here is the difference between a replacement and a renewal levee, And so to me, Brian, that sounds about the same, right, Replacing and renewing something almost similar.
Speaker 3: It's what we find from voters. But a renewal would be a renewal of a previously set amount. A replacement might suggest that they're asking for it, you know, getting rid of the prior one, but asking for more.
Speaker 15: That's it thing, go, that's the idea, And so we just want to clarify that language. You can go ask for more money, but do it by saying you're going to ask for more money if you want to renew existing millage, renew existing millage and still collect the same amount of tax dollars from your tax base that you were looking for. It's simple stuff that brings transparency and confidence doesn't provide immediate relief, right, but is part of the push to structurally reform the system, which we need to do in addition to delivering some of that immediate relief, which is still a work in progress.
Speaker 1: As they move through the session.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are baby steps, but at least important baby steps, and going in the right direction for the purpose of tax relief as opposed to the potential of our taxes going up more than they already have. Fair enough, absolutely well call to action from Americans for prosperity from a listening audience, I'm guessing it involves getting touch with your representatives and your senators.
Speaker 1: It always does.
Speaker 15: I think they're hearing it loud and clear, but it's important and to have your message heard, share your voice, contact your state rep, your state center. It's going to start in the House of Representatives. They got to do the first vote, sixty votes. It'll go to the Senate they can override, and then we've got some of this relief and some of these reforms put back into place after the governor vetoed them.
Speaker 3: Considering all the legwork that's been done up to getting these items incorporated into the budget, only to be vetoed by the wine. You feel pretty confident they'll they'll they have the votes to override the vetos.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 15: And it's not unprecedented. The legislature overwrites the governor somewhat frequently. I don't have the exact numbers, but this, this isn't unprecedented. These are very popular ideas, again, highly vetted ideas. I think we're going to see sixty plus those might even see some crossover from our friends in the Democrat caucus. We're going to spend the next week or so, you know, doing events and connecting with folks and trying to understand where members are. And if there's anyone who's squishy or squeamish, you know what we'll do, broom back in the line and rushers pressures applied.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: I suspect to the extent there's any opposition this because property taxes are paid by people of all political stripes, probably the teachers unions trying to protect their turf and get as much money as they possibly can from the tax payer.
Speaker 15: It is the only corners of Capitol Square where there is opposition to any reform, which is baffling to me knowing that that property tax ballot initiative is a sort of damocles hanging over their head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the nuclear option here.
Speaker 15: It is these types of reforms, you know, to our friends who want to see big government grow, these types of reforms can provide at least some release valve for folks who are feeling pain in their property taxes. Vetoing these just puts more fuel on the fire. And look, we got to make some big changes in the state.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: It is that property tax bill is looming large in the background on this, of course, lighting a fire under the folks in Columbus to actually do something, which they tried in the bill, but along came Governor to whine. Donovan and Neil Americans for prosperity. Thanks for all that you do, behalf of the Ohio taxpayer. I'll look forward to talking with you again next week. Have a fantastic balance of the week.
Speaker 1: My friend. Appreciate you, Brian.
Speaker 3: Thanks seven fifty right now fifty five KR see the talk station USA. Premium foam. It's the ultimate product you gotta. You're a homeowner, you got a big electric bill, gas and electric electric. However you're heating and air conditioning your home right now. I'm sure it's really bad because that bill's coming and you've been trying to keep the house temperature comfortable and it's almost impossible because you don't have enough or maybe no installation in the exterior walls USA foam and the rescue highest oar value.
Speaker 1: Foam on the.
Speaker 3: Just try a seven fifty five ifty five krcity talk station. Excited about the next hour because we're going to start out with Attorney Mark Dan from the Dan Law Firm, who has filed a lawsuit alleging to taking money from the unclaimed funds for the Cleveland Browns Stadium violates the States role as a custodian who runs a foul of both the Ohio and US Constitution. So what Governor de Wine wouldn't veto and what really puzzles me of how it even got into the budget may be subject to being chucked out based upon the lawsuit. So I'm gonna plaud Dan out up front, or rather a Mark Dan upfront for his efforts along these lines, and we'll hear about him and get his explanation for the basis of the lawsuit after the top of the hour. News and then we'll hear from Judge Annapolitano at eight thirty the column searching for Monsters. Please stick around.
Speaker 1: TATO four fifty five car CEV Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Happy Wednesday to you, of course. Continuing at theme, we were talking about veto overrides Governor de Wine detO quite a few provisions in the Ohio budget. Joining the fifty five Carscy Morning Show. Founding partner of Dan Law Law Firm, d A N N L A W. Can find him online at dan law dot com, multiple offices Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, and New York and New Jersey. Welcome to the fifty five Carson Morning Show founding partner, Mark Dan. It is a pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 19: I think he missed a veto of one important thing. Unfortunately, what was that? I'm sorry, I think the governor missed a veto of the one important thing.
Speaker 1: I said, you're right, it's the most frustrating thing.
Speaker 3: I was very frustrated because we were talking about the hopeful property relief measures that he vetoed. Is like everything they had to do with us taking a step toward providing homeowners with property relief. He vetoed does, but he left in there a six hundred million dollar gift to a privately owned sports club known as the Cleveland Browns. And really that irks me to know and mark as a fundamental ethical moral principle.
Speaker 1: It is just wrong.
Speaker 3: It was worse when the House version came out because they were going to actually borrow go into a debt six hundred million dollars. I have to pay debt service on it to the tune of about a billion total dollars.
Speaker 1: That was bad.
Speaker 3: But then the Senate decides, well, you know what, we got this four point eight billion dollar unclaimed funds account.
Speaker 1: Nobody's going on after that money. We don't have to borrow. Let's just take it out of that and give it to the Browns.
Speaker 3: Doesn't solve the problems that I have from an ethical moral standpoint on the proper role of government, but at least it didn't sound as bad as.
Speaker 1: Borrowing the money. So you have filed a lawsuit and you have claimed.
Speaker 19: That I actually think it's even worse than borrowing the money, because in a multitude of ways, it's an unconstitutional taking of the property of people whose money, our moneys are in that fund. I mean people in Ohio. Actually, there's people throughout the world that have money in Ohio's Unclaim funds account.
Speaker 1: And it is not the state's money. It is our money.
Speaker 19: It is individuals money who have not yet been able to liberate it from that fund. And liberating it from the fund is difficult if anybody's ever tried. But it's an unconstitutional taking. The process by which they're going to take it to lacks any due process of law, any serious notice to the people who have money in that fund that they're taking it and it's going to be converted from their property on January first to twenty twenty six to the state's property. And all the bill provides is a promise that if they make a claim later that the state will pay it. I promise they can be broken by a politician down the road.
Speaker 3: Well clearly, and that payment will be based on would be a taxpayer burden payment, because of course the state doesn't generate income itself, it takes it from.
Speaker 5: Us, right, that's correct.
Speaker 19: And again, you know it's if you've ever borrowed money from a friend or a relative, you know, even with the best of intentions, they don't always pay you back.
Speaker 3: Isn't that true. That's why you never loan money to friends and relatives, Mark Dan exactly. Now, my understanding is prior to the budget bill passing that the law was very clear on this that that money was not available for the used by our elected officials for any project at all, but did not the budget bill contain a revision to that to say after ten years, if unclaimed, we're free to take it or amsing am I missing some element.
Speaker 1: Well, it's more than that.
Speaker 19: They're going to take one point seven billion dollars out of that fund on January first, twenty twenty six, and that will become the property of the state. What they're saying is that after ten years, the state will have even if there's no money. If there's no money left in the fund, the state will have no obligation to pay you that money back. So you're out of luck after ten years. And there's money in there. I talked to a guy in Finley yesterday. It's got fourteen thousand dollars in there. They misspelled his name when they entered it in the database. He's been trying for ten years, and that money's been in there for twenty years. He's been trying for ten years to get it out of there, and they won't back down because they mistook an M for an N in his last name. Oh my god, and can't get that get that money out. I spoke to a woman in Columbus yesterday who has money in there that went from an insurance company just last October, and they in the in What the folks at the Unclaimed Funds office told her is that they were updating their software and they haven't entered any any new entries since October. And so that's and and that's seven thousand dollars, which is a lot of money in her situation and life insurance proceeds that you desperately need and uh and and you got bills to pay, and and they they can't they can't verify it because they never entered it into their system.
Speaker 1: So she can't get that money out.
Speaker 19: So it's it is it is it is not you know again, it's it's not a great system to begin with. There's no actual notice given to the people that have money in that fund, and and now they want to take it without without paying them for it.
Speaker 5: And that's just not right, you know.
Speaker 3: I had it's rather comical side note on that point, Mark Dan that the idea, this six hundred million dollar concept that we're also incensed about, has given people a broad awareness that there is in fact an unclaim funds pile of money, and people are now going to the website and trying to make claims on him. My executive producer put his name in. He got twenty dollars back that was in there. He got some sort yeah.
Speaker 19: No good, yeah, good for him, And there's there's settlements in there there there twenty years ago or so, a lot of insurance companies were mutual insurance companies and they became stock insurance companies and all the mutual beneficiaries who they couldn't find, they threw the money in the in the unclaimed funds. A few years ago there was an order for life insurance companies to not hold on to unclaim benefits, but they have to.
Speaker 1: Put those in that fund.
Speaker 19: And so there's millions and millions of dollars of that Pace Bank, you know, was headquartered in Columbus for a long time, and they funds from all of their accounts all over the world that were unclaimed went into that fund. So there's people all over the not just in Ohio that don't have access to it. And now setting aside the fact that we're taking you know, grandma's money from a life insurance policy that Grandpa paid for to give six hundred billion dollars to a billionaire for his own private interest of building a stadium that's going to only benefit him and frankly cost those of us who are seeing ticket holders of the Browns more money because they're going to charge us seat licenses and other things as well. That's outrageous enough that they're taking that, they're giving money to a billionaire for his private interests, but it's also unconstitutional because the government can't take your stuff or a private company. They can only take it for a public purpose. So, I mean, there's just a whole list of reasonces is on constitution. They're taking the money for a private, private purpose. They're they're they're not providing due process of law to people to claim it, they're not paying compensation, and uh, apropoda your earlier conversation. The the uh this is, this is not related to the budget, and it was passed in a budget. Billy and Ohio's constitution clearly says that each bill needs to have a separate title, and a separate debate and a separate vote each each each separate subject. It's called a single subject rule. So uh, for for a completely different reason, this enactment is unconstitutional.
Speaker 3: Well, you're making great argument, sounds to me. Mark Dan of the Dan Law Firm d A N N l A W dot com is where you find Mark and his team. I guess I'm i sort of out loud, wondering where a Hio attorney Donal David Yost is on this. Isn't this something that he should be raising by way of legal challenge, given that's given his role.
Speaker 19: Well, that's right. Well it's interesting because he's we actually attached the copy of his letter to the governor urging him to veto this bad bill, this bad piece of legislation to our complaint. Uh, and he's charged with defending the state. I'm not sure he doesn't have a conflict at this point.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 19: So what he said, he's talked out of both sides of his mouth, shocking for an elected official. On one side he said this is a terrible idea, and the other said that he said, I think it's defensible constitutionally. Well, we're going to find out.
Speaker 5: We're going to let a.
Speaker 19: Judge decide that.
Speaker 10: I disagree.
Speaker 19: I had his job at one time.
Speaker 1: I was the attorney general.
Speaker 19: And you represent not You don't represent the governor.
Speaker 1: When you're attorney general.
Speaker 19: You are a representative of the state, right and so you have to make sometimes have to make some hard calls. I mean, if he wants to get the governor his own lawyer to defend this, this or the or this Partner of Commerce and the and the legislature of their own lawyer to defend this unconstitutional enactment, you.
Speaker 1: Know he should probably do that.
Speaker 19: I wouldn't have I wouldn't defend this if I were the attorney general of the state.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the fund amount of point here is, and you make a good argument, and there's like mountains of case law on the idea that governments can't take property without at least to give it to private individuals. I mean, there's all been all kinds of case law on confiscating property for the greater good. You have to be paid for it, though, like if they want to build a park or right something along those lines. So that I guess the point to that is, even though the budget changed, the law and put this permanent achievement provision in there saying after ten years or whatever, this is our money. Of the one point seven billions is our money that does not override constitutional principles. Is what you're found is the foundation of your lawsuit.
Speaker 14: That's that's correct.
Speaker 19: Laws have to look a governor and the members of legislatures swore an oath to the content follow the Constitution, and they didn't do that, and so we think the courts will hold them accountable for that.
Speaker 1: So now who's going to answer them half of the state, Well, we.
Speaker 19: Serve the state, and the Attorney General represents the state. The Attorney General can decide that they that they're conflicted or that they can't defend something that's unconstitutional, and in that case they would have the option of providing separate appointed council to to the We've sued the Director of Commerce, we've sued the administrator of the fund, We've sued the state treasurer uh, and we've sued that they've created already. The first day after the budget passed, they created this new Facilities Commission, which, by the way, also has the capacity to give some money to the to another billionaire in Cincinnati for the for the Bengal state. Yeah, and to the and to the and to another billionaire for improvements to the Red Stadium. So that that that that committee already been already been constituted.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully you prevail on your lawsuit and we can stop that from happening. That's a real source spot for a lot of Hamilton County residents, my friend, a very very sore spot. Well, i'll tell you what, it has been a pleasure talking with me, Mark Dan. I wish you all the best on the lawsuit. And I suppose, uh what thirty days to answer otherwise? Please, then you move for summary judgment right out of the gate.
Speaker 19: Right right, Well, we're going to move for a preliminary junction because we want to make sure that money doesn't move anyuary first and then and then and then they'lp. I expect they'll answer with emotion to dismiss.
Speaker 1: That's what artification is.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I practice the cases for sixteen years, so I know the process. But I see it. But I do see a summary judgment motion looming on the horizon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: It's a purely legal issue, it is.
Speaker 19: And uh and and I think and I don't think it's even a close fall. Uh and so we we but we shall see. And look, they think they bought the OHU Supreme Court. And that's literally what the one of the articles that I read yesterday, that's what the Senate President said. He goes, well, they may win in the lower courts, but you know, we'll we'll, we'll fix this in the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure.
Speaker 19: I'm sure Jimmy Haslam starts to write checks to Supreme Court justices already.
Speaker 3: I just wonder what Jimmy Haslam has by way of a dirty inside information, because how this got in there is still just a puzzle to me. Sir Mark Dan, a real pleasure having you on the program today. Keep up the great work and I listen man. I will reach out to you, or you can reach out to us. You've got good updates. You want to talk about Shenanigan's going on or anything else on this lawsuit.
Speaker 1: You have an open forum here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Look forward to talking to you again.
Speaker 3: My pleasure, Mark as do I eight seventeen fifty five KRC The Talk Station. Get Touch with Zimmer heating and air conditioning. Keep an area home safe, efficient and comfortable. Eighty coming up on eighty years. That's a proud family tradition. They provide wonderful customer service. They can service whatever kind of unit you've got, but if it's belly up, it's a great time to be working with Zimmer. The professionals at Zimmer can replace your system with a cool Carrier comfort system and you can save up the fifteen hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: I call that real money in my world. It'll always be real money.
Speaker 3: But since it is expensive to replace an HVAC system, why not save a heople in the money and get the very wonderful carrier system. Zimmer has been representing Carrier authorized dealer it is and they've been doing that for a long long time. But great customer service, price is always right. Chris Simmer and the crew will take great care of you. Give them a call or schedule appointment online. To call them for the appointment, it's five to one three five excuse me, five two one ninety eight ninety three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Online you'll find them at go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 12: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio Station oh HC IS.
Speaker 3: Eight twenty two, fifty five KRCD Talk Station, Happy Wednesday, jud jennetor Polatano. Bottom in the hour is column searching for Monsters. Wandering Monsters is where we're going to be for listener lunch today if you want to show up each Moont Avenue by all accounts a really good spot to be, not just for the beer, but apparently the food's pretty good there too. You can check out their website or just show up today again Wandering Monsters on Beachmont Avenue. Looking forward to listener lunch and the wonderful fellowship we all experience there. And I'm also looking forward to talking with Judge and Polatano. And I loved talking with the special edition of Tech Friday Tech Tuesday, which you can get on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com. Dave Hatter helping us out to avoid scams on Amazon Prime Days. But something he's warned about us many many times on Tech Friday, the idea of using artificial intelligence generated voice. It's gotten so good that a little sample of your voice. You know, this kind of thing worries me because I talk on the radio for four hours every day.
Speaker 1: But Neil, it is what it is. It's the world we live in.
Speaker 3: They just clone your voice and it sounds just like you, and so real life illustration to this all the way up to US Secretary of State Marco Rubio. Apparently, an individual posing as Rubio used AI generated voice make it sound like him to call a bunch of high level officials in an attempt to manipulate them to obtain access to information or accounts or and or accounts. Still unknown who this person is so far reportedly contacted at least five government officials, three foreign ministers, one US governor, and one member of Congress. This according to a cable issued from the State Department Washington Post providing the details on this The individual haven't yet been able to identify him or her reportedly used AI software to send the government officials text messages that mimicked his voice and writing style. They believe the impostor is likely trying to manipulate these officials with the goal of gaining access again to information and or accounts. An individual reportly began using the impersonation attempts back in mid June, using both text messaging and messaging and encrypted messaging under signal. That's the app under the display name Marco dot Rubio at State dot Gov, which happens to not be his real email address. Sure does look official, though when it's got a State dot gog after it doesn't it. Accord to the memo the cable, the actor left voicemails on signal for at least two targeted individuals in one instant sent a text message inviting the individual to communicate on signal. It's not known whether any of these officials actually responded to the impostor, but the cable from the State Department reveals also that other US State Department employees were impersonated with fake email addresses. State Department told the Washington Posts will carry out a thorough investigation and continue to implement safeguards to prevent this from happening in the future. Didn't disclose the names of the government officials who were contacted, nor the content of the fake messages sent. It's the painful, stark reminder that no one is immune from this kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It's easy to do.
Speaker 3: AI is everywhere, so one more reason to be jaded and cynical, even if you think you're talking to your best friend or your son on the phone. Frightening stuff A twenty five right now fifty five KRC the talk station Judge Innedapoltano. Next, let me first mention a really peaceful, tranquil, calm place to be, and that is a Gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery right there on Montgomery Road, just north of a two seventy five Montgomery intersection. It's just an epic, beautiful place, a place for reflection, a place for prayer, a place to honor life on sacred ground. And that's all stages of life. It's not just you know, visiting loved ones who happen to be buried there, but it's contemplating the importance and meaning of life. You know, get away from it all and enjoy these surroundings. It's a sanctuary. It's there for prayer, healing and honoring the legacy of life. So take them up on their off or visit Gate of Heaven Cemetery. Everybody's welcome. Go to Gate of Heaven dot org to learn more. That's Gate of Heaven dot org. Fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 18: This is Greg Shzinski of the original Mattress Factory Dish I have eight thirty one fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram's on vacation.
Speaker 3: Judge Jennitapolitana, Heather didn't do it personalized message for you today because she.
Speaker 1: She's filling in, So.
Speaker 20: My stomach was cherning, not knowing what to expect. Instead of a madman, I heard the voice of a lovely lady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and apparently, you know, like Chuck Ingram does the traffic for like the entire United States, I'm overstating the case, but he does lots of the city. She apparently is in Detroit, so she is not closely following the content of the fifty five Carcey Morning Show, but we do. And everybody knows it's appointment listening time on the fifty five Carcey Morning Show because Judge Ennital Polatana joins us every Wednesday at this time. And I really enjoyed your column this morning, so I always enjoy your column, you know, I love it. Searching for Monsters is the title, but it involves a subject matter over which I really didn't have a whole lot of knowledge and familiarity. And that's the whether it's lawful or not for us to go to some foreign country and kidnap someone. And I know we've done this before, and you cite a bunch of illustrations and it almost seems like and I know it's against natural law, and make a great argument that this isn't right. But if someone has committed a harm against our country, I hear about people fleeing to countries that don't have an extradition treaty with the United States. That means we can't negotiate with the country to have them export the guy and bring him back here. But what of going to that country and just picking him up and bringing him back. Now, if you got harmed under our country, one can make a moral argument that, well, that seems okay. They won't extra di iteem because we don't have a treaty. But the guy did us harm, Let's go pick him up and bring him back and put him to trial.
Speaker 1: But as you explain, and.
Speaker 3: This is puzzling to me, crime is committed against someone outside of the United States, not against the United States or its interest. We can go and grab that person and try him in our country for crimes committed against some other government or some other outside the United States interest.
Speaker 20: I ask, yes, as absurd as that sounds. And I gave an example, and it was the back pages of the New York Times. If you didn't know the background, you would say, oh, some Venezuela in general just pleaded guilty to drug dealing in Manhattan. I'm glad they caught the guy. However, he pleaded guilty to distributing drugs in Venezuela, not in the United States.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 20: He then left Venezuela, retired in Spain. The United States tried to extradite in the Spanish courts said no, you have no jurisdiction over him, so they kidnapped him. Anyway, he shows up in an American court. He says, I was kidnapped. The court said, well, I don't care. The Feds can kidnap you. He pleads guilty to these crimes in Venezuela. So far there is no connection to the United States except the Congress enacted in the Biden administration legislation telling federal judges, if the FEDS, the FBI, and an assistant US attorney walk into your courtroom with a human being and an indictment, you have to try that person, even at the human beings never been in the United States, never harmed a person in the United States, never harmed assets in the United States, and all the events took place.
Speaker 1: In another country. Now, why is the government doing this?
Speaker 20: They probably want him to trade information against their real target, who's his former boss, Nicholas Maduro, who is the president slash dictator of Venezuela. In the meantime, kidnapping, exhaustion of a tremendous amount of resources and assets to get this guy here, and the use.
Speaker 1: Of the federal courts.
Speaker 20: As a point, this also allows the President of the United States, who is the ultimate person running the Department of Justice, to pick anybody wants around the world and say, indict that guy for some crime he committed in some other country and for which he wasn't executed, and get him here.
Speaker 16: That's what's happening.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how that represents a judicial controversy in a US court. How do you get an indictment against someone for a crime committed under somebody of some other committed in some other country. Okay, drug trafficking is illegal in the United States, but you know that's a US law. I don't know what the status of the law is in Venezuela. But picking up a guy in Spain for a crime he committed in Venezuela in violation of Venezuela in law. I mean, I'm just perplexed by this. And you pointed out the US Supreme Court does not care a wit about what happened behind the scenes as long as that person's in front of the court itself. They don't care if he was kidnapped or had his due process rights violent, or anything else.
Speaker 20: Correct, The Supreme Court does not care how a person got into the courtroom. This has been a long standing complaint by the natural law libertarian small government people, of which you and I are two in American jurisprudence, but it's been a consistent understanding of federal courts. The Feds can kidnap anybody and bring him into the courtroom, and his complaint that I was kidnapped these people violated the very laws that they are attempting to enforce.
Speaker 1: Will fall on deaf ears.
Speaker 20: The Feds often commit crimes in order to solve crimes.
Speaker 1: Let's face it.
Speaker 20: The classic case is a federal judge in Denver this is now twenty five years ago, tried for bribery, and in that case, the Feds bribed a witness to testify against him. He was convicted, and the Tenth Circuit overturned it.
Speaker 1: So this stuff happens all the time.
Speaker 20: They almost always get away with it. We'll see where the case of this general goes. He's still in Manhattan, he's still in a jail here. He's probably trying to give them enough information so they'll say to the federal judge before whom he pleaded guilty last week.
Speaker 16: And let him go back to Spain.
Speaker 1: Whole thing is a farce. It's an abuse of of the rule of law.
Speaker 3: Well, and you raise an excellent point in your uh, in your rhetorical question, is it lawful for the Chinese government to enter Hawaii and kidnap an American tech executive or politician for some crime that they claim has been done and violates the US law for example? Right that it's just it becomes a question whose ox is being going. Oh no, we would screen bloody murder if that happened. That what the Chinese kidnap somebody who took him to China. This is an outrage.
Speaker 20: You're you're exactly you're exactly right, and and these these cases should be on the front page. So that the public as has outraged this you and I rather than on the back page. And if you read the article, not knowing the background, you think, oh, well, they picked up another drug trafficker and he's an ex general and blad, it's.
Speaker 5: Going to jail.
Speaker 20: No, he didn't violate any American laws. He probably didn't even violate any Venezuelan laws the way they are understood and enforced in Venezuela.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what I was alluding to earlier. I obviously do not know the state of Venezuelan law. But the idea that we were trying a guy for committing crime, allegedly committing crimes in Venezuela in a US court, that we kidnap I it's I just am sitting here totally in sense, in my mind, is blown that that exists.
Speaker 1: It used to be, though there was a limitation. It was justified.
Speaker 3: To redress criminal harm actually caused by the kidnapp person to an American person or property, or he pointed out earlier in the Biden administration. In twenty twenty two, Congress extended that authority in federal courts to cover crimes committed in foreign countries against foreign persons.
Speaker 1: So there's a law on the books that authorizes this.
Speaker 20: Yes, it not only authorizes it, it tells federal judges that Jay, they have jurisdiction under that clause in the Constitution that lamentable Jimmy Madison, clause that lets the Congress expand or contract federal judicial jurisdiction. They expanded it and said you will try it. I would throw it out and say it's not just isshable. But that's me And I was not a federal judge. I was a state judges, you know, And I never had anything like this. This stuff is of relatively recent vintage. The statute that I cite is only three years old.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So we've extended federal courts authority over foreign lands and over foreign crimes.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 20: So expect the Feds to pick up a Russian soldier who killed a Ukrainian civilian and they'll be tried in the Eastern District of Virginia where the Feds never lose, and will be sentenced to jail for the rest of his life. And then they'll trade him with some American basketball player that's an Moscow jail.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I presume the CIA the ones responsible for going out and doing the kidnapping in most of these cases.
Speaker 20: Sadly, Yes, yes, there are six CIA agents who can't go to Europe because a European wide indictment still stands for their having kidnapped an Egyptian cleric, brought him to Egypt for torture, and then came back.
Speaker 1: To the United States.
Speaker 20: They've been indicted by Italian magistrates and that indictment still stands. George Bush can't go to Europe because he and Dick Cheney and indicted by a Spanish magistrates.
Speaker 3: So well, under our theory, then it will be aoka for whatever Italy has by way of special forces to come in here and kidnap those CIA agents and bring them back to Italy.
Speaker 20: Yes it would, Yes, it would. If the logic behind the American use of kidnapping applies universally, it would make perfect sense for the Italian intel people to kidnap these the CIA guys and put them on trial in Italy and they'll be convicted because what they did is on tape.
Speaker 3: Judge of Polton an enlightening discussion again an area that I was really not familiar with at all, and it's obviously I share with you. This outrageous a system and the state of the law that we were living under right now in the United States. It's just mind blowing but refreshing to talk with you about it and bring it to everybody's attention so more people know about it. Judge entered Apolitano judging Freedom is his podcasts. Who are you going to be talking to today, your honor?
Speaker 20: I have Max plmouthal of Colonel Larry Wilgerson, the former chief of staff for Colon Powell, and the great Phil Giraldi, the CIA agent who told George Bush that said Don Mussein does not have weapons of mass destruction, whereupon Bush threw him out of the oval.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, it's amazing what we actually learn over time, isn't it. It's refreshing at least get the information out, even if it's way past due until next Wednesday, my dear friend, have a wonderful.
Speaker 1: Week you as well.
Speaker 20: Thank you, Brian, all the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: Eight forty two Right now fifty five KRCD talk station. Don't go away, I'd be right back.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot Com our CD talkstation.
Speaker 3: One more imitational listener, lunch wandering Monstersbury Beachmont Avenue. We usually meet around eleven thirty. It's sort of a rough time frame. You can show up a little earlier, you can show up a little later. But as long as you show up and enjoy the fellowship, you'll you'll find out if you've never been to a listener lunch, everybody shows up, it's like, oh, what a bunch of nice people, and they really are. You had a bunch of like minded folks, everybody just looking to have a really nice time, engage in conversation and get along. You'll be in good hands today at listener Lunch. So I hope to see you there. Just put it down on your calendar. And usually the first Wednesday of the month, usually September. That's not going to be the case, of course, this this month not the case. It's obviously the ninth, the second Wednesday of the month because the fourth of July or Independence Day holiday, and we've got that Labor Day coming up in September, so we'll kick it off a week there. I'll let you know where we're going to be down the road. Let's see here, Ah, I was talking about violence, and we do have a lot of violence going on as there's been a topic of conversation in Cincinnati of late, But moving away from that and thinking of violence from political standpoint, four years of the Biden administration and I'm sure during the Obama administration, the big concern is all these right wing extremists out there. It's oh my god, the concern is right wing extremism. I personally haven't really seen any illustrations of that, at least not for a wide scale. I did see cities shut down, molotov cocktails being thrown, graffiti being written by the likes of Antifah and Black Lives Matter and other left wing protest groups. I do see Jewish people getting harmed on campus and being deprived of their ability to get an education and utilize the benefit of the outr Some they pay every hour for a credit hour of education. Sorry sucks to BEU. If you're on one of these elite college campuses and you're Jewish, we're coming after you. These are all crazy, crazy people out there, and they're the ones violating the law. But what I find most troubling about this in the most recent illustration and example of this, the attack on ice officers. We had an Antifas cell in North Texas, attacking ice officers and what seemed to be a coordinated effort to actually kill somebody. They've been Ten of them have been charged with attempted murder, according to the US Attorney's Office North the District of Texas. After approximately ten minutes of convening, one or two individuals broke off from the main group and began to spray graffiti on vehicles and a guard structure in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Of the facility. This is at the ice facility.
Speaker 3: An Alvarado police officer responded to the scene after correction officers called nine to one one to report suspicious activity. When the Alvarado police officers arrived, one alleged defendant position in a nearby woods shot the officer in the neck. Another assailant crossed the street fired twenty to thirty rounds at unarmed correctional officers who had stepped outside the facility as a legend the complaint. Air style rifles were found at the scene. The assailants fled from the detention centers, reportedly stopped by additional law enforcement officers down the road. Some of the defendants wearing body armor, some were armed, some had two a radios. Total of twelve sets of body armor were found during searches of vehicles associated with the defendants, on their persons or in the area. Additionally, officers found spray paint flyers stating quote fight ice terror with class war. There's a little indication of the political leanings. Free all political prisoners, and a flag stating resist fascism, fight oligarchy. One attacker had cell phone inside of a Faraday bag, which, of course Faraday bag block their use and tracking ability. Individuals charge in one complaint with three counts of attempted murder and federal agents of federal agents rather than three counts of discharging firearms in relation to a crime of violence. So you got all this violence going on, they're just this one illustration of people attacking ICE agents.
Speaker 1: Why might they do that?
Speaker 3: We'll just look at the most recent comments from Mayor Brandon Johnson in Chicago as well as Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass. They're advocating for this. The person in charge, the person's response supposed to be responsible for upholding law and order, are advocating people interfere with ice. Johnson said, chicagoan should rise up against ice, so our local police department will never ever cooperate with Ice. Whatever their constitutional authority is. And I does have the constitutional authority. As Feds, they can come in and force federal law. That's what they're entitled to. These elected officials aren't out loud saying, you know, go ahead and shoot them and attack them, but they sure are suggesting it without saying the words completely and across the board. I suppose they're right to engage in free speech and discourse about this, but this is inciting citizenry to prevent federal authorities from engaging in their obligation, engaging in their job function, which is to enforce federal immigration law, which is what they're doing. The laws are on the books. You got a problem with the laws and elect different people. So it's not the right that's the problem right now, it seems to be the left. Kevin, you get the final word of the Morning Show. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: It's sir aloud and clear.
Speaker 9: Hey, you're absolutely right, brothers. Hey, we have a issue when.
Speaker 1: It comes down to gun violence.
Speaker 7: It's actually affecting here in Cincinnati. Crazy you and you've seen it, and and our seniors are not happy. People are not happy. Our seniors are not happy. Then you take then you take a look. Did you see the article that they just released through the Cincinnati Inquired where Cincinnati spent on anti anti violence programs. UH, when it came down to.
Speaker 1: The holistic approach with the mayor, UH.
Speaker 7: With the mayor strategy, when it comes down to reducing gun violence is not working, then he wants to shift the blame. Now, he wants to shift the blame onto the parents and everything else. But then he come out with then they throw all this money to these programs that was posed to deal with it, to reduce this gun violent problem. But we're having a massive impact of gun violence.
Speaker 1: We sure are, We sure are, Kevin.
Speaker 3: And there in lies the challenge and we've got like I said, I talked about Mayor Bass and Brandon Johnson and or encouraging and egging on violence. But we have an administration here in the city Purvoll and our counselors who aren't saying a thing, who are not rising to the challenge of the gun violence we're facing, which is getting worse and worse every single week, something that with the citizenry wants which is safe streets and safe communities, and and and and and and shelling out money to non governmental organizations to engage in some collaborative process or do whatever you know, hocus focus that they claim they're doing to stop the gun violence. As you point out, Kevin, isn't working. We need strong leadership, and we need support of our SINN police officers.
Speaker 7: And we definitely need a more support than the courts. That what I find out is that the problem is not even with the police officers, it's with the court. And then I'm talking to police officers out there in the field right now during this campaign rally. I'm literally finding out the officers are doing their job. What I found it why not? What bobbles my mind? What an officer told me yesterday was and I ain't gonna mention his name, but he just explained to me that how there you you got, you got you go lock a guy up for a brick a kilo for maybe thirty years, but this this other guy gets only complee out for two murders for eight years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin, You're right man.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's where the rubber meets the road is sentencing an enforcement of the law. It's in front of a judge, and quite often the judges aren't interested in meeting out justice, they're interested in letting people out. Appreciate the call, Kevin, You're always welcome to call on the fifty five Cassey Morning Show eight fifty seven fifty five Krsity Talk station Tomorrow. I heart media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. If you couldn't listen to the Jack Atherton this morning, Always brilliant, Donaldan and Neil about the overriding the Dwine Vetos, Mark Dan on the lawsuit he filed against the six hundred million dollars going to the Browns. And Judgma Polatan of podcast fifty five caresy dot com. Thank you, Judge Drecker for producing the program. You do a wonderful job.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 3: Stick around Glen Beeck's coming up next. News happens fast. Stay up today at the top the hour.
Speaker 1: We're moving very quickly. Fifty five KRC the talk station