Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and raid it Lip story shoot and Rags on Yesterday and listening watching always keep its watching.
Speaker 2: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 3: Hello folks, bok with another episode of Bigfoot and Beyond with usually Cliff and Bobo.
Speaker 4: Todavid Cliff's night here.
Speaker 3: He's out in the woods, he's doing some squatching, He's got some stuff going on.
Speaker 4: So I was apposed to do an episode of the Day without Cliff, but their guests we have lined up are so good. I just couldn't do it without them. I mean, they're too important.
Speaker 3: So I was talking to Matt Our producer Matt perut or Uber producer Mask and the interview kind of got to see some Bobo storytime stories and kind of get some more fine details out of me doing it.
Speaker 4: That. So welcome to Bigfoot Beyond that.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. Yeah, you know, since I handle a lot of the social media requests, it had occurred to me when we were talking about guests, it's like, oh, the one person that people ask for the most is Bobo. It's so you would be the perfect guest for this week's episode.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Like you said, there's so many stories that I've heard that it had been years since I've heard them that I kind of jot down, like, oh, we should talk about these on the podcast. And then when I hear you on other podcasts, there's always questions that come up for me that I've never asked that I thought, oh, well, we should just ask those questions. So you get to be the guest on your own podcast this week.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the things I was curious about, and I think we could give a shout out to our good friend Tony, because Tony merkel over at The Confessionals just did a great deep dive interview with you on his podcast, sort of the Origin story. But I always love hearing about who were the first other researchers that you met, like after you were tracking down Sasquatch stories and meeting local witnesses, Like who were the first contemporary people in the field that you met that were going and doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: Probably Ray Crow, I guess.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that, So were you? Were you logging in northern California at that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was going up to Portland.
Speaker 3: Anyways. I was going to go surf up in northern Oregon and and I had friends. I loved going to Portland, you know, back then, that was before Portland got totally blown up.
Speaker 4: You know, it was like a lot.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the traffic and crowds, and it was a really it was my favorite city for years and years. So anyways, I was up there and I knew about I had someone gave me a copy of the track record somehow, and I got some I was subscribed to that for a while, and I made it up there for a meeting.
Speaker 4: I remember, I'm going into that basement place, and I can't.
Speaker 3: Remember all the people I met. I met a couple of women that were there. There was a lot of older people. There was no in my age there. And that's when I got to know Ray a little bit. Yeah, I met Ray and a few other people. I can't remember who I was there now, knowing I stayed in touch with I just Ray a little bit over the years. And then who did I meet. I saw an article on John Fredis in the in the paper in the in the San Francisco Chronicle, and I think he said it was ninety six or ninety seven, and I wrote him, uh, and I didn't I didn't have an email back then. I just called him and left him a couple of messages and then we talked on the phone, or I think we were just yeah, I never talked to him. We were just kind of phone tagging because I was gone fishing all the time back then.
Speaker 4: You know, it was before I sell, before I had a cell phone.
Speaker 3: And I was I was just not home ever, so I didn't come back once every two three four weeks and check my voicemail on the phone. And I got a couple of messages, but we never we never met up. And then I saw another article with Robert Leiterman, the ranger from Humboldt Redwood State Parking there, and I think it might have.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't really talk to him though, until the Grasshopper trail story, which was like a big deal at the time. It was the BFL website, it just started up. I guess it was the VRB what was not VRB, the what was that one.
Speaker 2: Called again with the IVBC the Internet Virtual Bigfoot Conference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, might might have still been it might have still been during that time, or no, no, it was already No, it was Bfrro by that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Bfrro. Sorry.
Speaker 3: So I called Robert and he was just like this guy sounds like a nut. So never I never met up with him either. And then I had my incident where that story I told you know, my first encounter I had for sure had a definitely, definitively had a big Foot encounter, like no doubt about it whatsoever. It was to this day, I was still like the most powerful, like made the biggest impression on me, and not just because it was the first. It's still the most intense encounter I ever had by far.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you about that story because one of the first, I mean the first time I was ever aware of you was on Mysterious Encounters in some of those episodes. But then if you remember back in the days of blog talk radio, I think the first or at least one of the first Bigfoot shows was Let's Talk Bigfoot, and a little bit of that story was in there, and I had that sort of jotted down here because I know we've never talked about that on Bigfoot of Beyond. So you got to tell that's got to be the first Bobo story for the listeners in this episode for sure, because I'd love to hear it again too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, I mean, I've been looking around for years and years, you know, like this was two thousand and one, and I've been in touch with John Fredish.
Speaker 3: We've never we've never met, and he was an investigator for the Districttorney's office up in del North County. And I was down and humble. I was commercial fisherman and logging and stuff, and so I was. I was gone a lot. But he called me up one day and he goes, Dude, he goes, I just talked to a woman from the res from the Rocros.
Speaker 4: She just had a sighting.
Speaker 3: She just saw a bigfoot and I was like, no, and it was it was a really broken up message. It was when self, I mean, this is cell phones were really chanky back then where we lived at least, and it was really broken up and my reception was terribleck and barely hear it. But he was saying it was a year ago today that the woman had was setting and I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was that day. I got all excited and.
Speaker 3: I had to drive down and started Humboldt and borrow my buddy's night vision scope was a Ukrainian model, I remember, with a chen two nights scope and you know, just pretty junky about today's standards, but it was the best I'd ever seen in person. So I was all excited and he let me borrow it. So I went up there. I went to where he was talking about. It was on the Bald Hills. It was just on the backside of Roadway National Park above the Klamath River, and I was almost due west of the PG film site a little bit, well, not Doe west. I was west southwest of there by about ten or twelve hour miles maybe, And so I went up there and it was this little bit of it. And when he told me this story, I knew exactly what he was talking about. I'd been there a bunch of times, and it was right where.
Speaker 4: It is called Bald Hills Road. It goes from the coast, it runs through the park and then it drops down.
Speaker 3: It goes over the coastal range right and then the drops on into the Clounth River Valley and then the Hoop of Reservation and a lot of people are Fami with the Hoop of Project book by Dave Polies.
Speaker 4: Hoop is there, and then it.
Speaker 3: Comes in the urok Res, which is from the confluence of the Trinity, which is the Trinity River goes through Hoopa and the Cloud River comes down from Oregon through northern California. A lot of people have heard of the Klimath. So you get up to the top, and my buddies that lived out in Wichipec, they were telling me a couple couple of them had seen and one of my best friends had seen a really old, broken down, limping, kind of patchy hair, looked like I was about to die, emaciated, about a seven and a half foot tall bigfoot like had the you know, classic male male baldness pattern to it, gray along its head, so it was graying along its chest like the its temples are all gray.
Speaker 4: And it had kind of like a gray beard.
Speaker 3: And gray chest and had like that silvery sheen of the black, not really a sheen. It was black, but you could see that it was not like that like the one I saw was black and I had silver SHENI was like young and healthy looking. This thing was old like grit like, not silver shiny hair, but like dull gray hair. And then it had patchy fur missing, and he could see the ribs. They could see the ribs on it, and it was limping really slow, and it just he said, the look on its face.
Speaker 4: It just froze.
Speaker 3: And then they locked eyes with it and slowed down as they drove passed it, like close, like thirty five feet. It just like tried to do the freeze thing, like you know, I'm a bigfoot all the street. It won't see me. They just slowed down. They were staring at it started them. It was just like, I'm old, I'm broken up, about to die. Leave me alone. He busted me and just leave me alone. And then it just started limping off again. And so I was up there for weeks. This has been going on for about at that point two months, six weeks, had been getting reports out of there, and then.
Speaker 4: From Humboldt State University.
Speaker 3: Graduation time, a lot of you know, a lot of parents and stuff come up there. It's most of like I think seventy eightiethh cent of the population of the school from southern California. So when the families come up for graduation in May, you know, they go around cruise around the you know, look at the nature and all that. And this is about where this happened, is about our ten minutes hour hour ten minutes north of the university, and you can do a loop road. You can go up to where the museum is in Willow Creek, and a lot of people know Willow Creek at the big Foot Museum, the original one up there. Then you go down the Trinity River through Hooper Reservation. You go to the confluence of the Cloud in the Trinity and you drive down a couple miles and below Witch Bag and then you go back up and you go over the Bald Hills and drop down a highay one on one Reway National Park and then back down along the coast back to Arcada. So a lot of people do that loop. And I talked to two different car loads of people that you know, were graduating their parents' up visiting, and they saw the same thing within within about a mile of each They were all within the same mile zone of this thing about ready to trying to cross road, this old gray limping Bigfoot. So I was like, oh my god, like that's that's that's what you know. I gotta find this thing and I that's when I started calling Melgrum too. I didn't I didn't no Meldrum, but I was telling him, Hey, these things. You know, it's a it's around, it's it's old, it's about to die. It might be a good place to focus on. I think he sent sent him an email, and I think he he emailed me back once and he sounded like, yeah, he was excited, like that sounds really good.
Speaker 4: I called Raycrow and I told him about it, and he was like.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's uh, that's that's exactly what you're looking for.
Speaker 4: Said, yeah, I know. So I was. I was getting all excited about that. I was up there a lot, didn't see anything, didn't hear anything.
Speaker 3: And then so John John fredis the Dunark County District Attorney investigator, you know, he's a law enforcement officer.
Speaker 4: He called me up all excited about the sighting of that you'ur ak woman.
Speaker 3: He goes, you know, she's really responsible, she's great witness, you know, real, real together a woman.
Speaker 4: She works for the tribe.
Speaker 3: You know, she's a senior kind of up there person, well respected. And he goes, yeah, and she she sought cross the road. And I knew exactly, and it was. It was strange, man, because I've talked to her several times since then. It was a smaller bigfoot and it was dragging a rolled up piece of cardboard it had in one hand, and the other hand it had it was holding like the the cuff of a sleeve of a long, a long sleeved kid's bright blue.
Speaker 4: Child's top, like long sleeved shirt. There's dragon.
Speaker 3: I was holding the cup of one sleeve and then the rest of it was dragging behind her.
Speaker 4: On the ground, or it heard him, whatever it was, and then.
Speaker 3: It saw her and it just took off just so fast like a deer, just zoom zoomed off, kicked up a cloud of dust behind it. It was just gone. And so I was like, no, that just happened like today, And I got that. So I got the night vision scip and I was all said, I packed my stuff up soon as so.
Speaker 4: So I got the that vision scrip.
Speaker 3: I go up there, I set my chair up in the and it, mind you, at this point, I've been looking for years and years, never had anything happened, never heard anything that I knew, you know, in hindsight, I did have some interactions with him.
Speaker 4: But I just didn't know it.
Speaker 3: I was ignorant the the signs sounds.
Speaker 4: But so I went to the meadow.
Speaker 3: And so the meadow is kind of like a crescent shape, you know, like half moon shape, and it's gone now got clear cut. But it was probably like I always mess up the dimensions because it seems so big, but I'm reckoning. It was about maybe one hundred and twenty yards. It was a half moon shape starting from the road, so the road around north south, So this meadow ran parallel to the road on the east side of the road, and the road around north south along the ridge, and the road was the dividing line between the National Park roadway, State National Park and private timberland and some ranch and holdings in there. There's a few people live out there, not many, like maybe six houses along it's eleven miles of road, and they were mostly down at the end of the road, down by the river, the Klamath. So as you drive up along this meadow, you see the middle on your right, and then alongside of the road there's a patch of woods maybe thirty yards long by about fifteen yards thick something like that. Both sides of it was the meadow and in front of it was the meadow, so it was like an island that backed up to the road. So I pulled up there and parked. There was a kind of a water spike park people get buy no problem, and I let my dog out, let him run around for a little.
Speaker 4: Bit d day.
Speaker 3: He was that big one hundred and five pounds piople great dog, super mill. Everyone thought it was a black live because he was so chill, and so I let him run around for a while. Then I put him back in the truck in the front seat, and I got my I had one of those plastic you know, picnic chairs, you know, the little cheap chair you get from Costco whatever. I had one of those, had machety for protection, had my nightscope and uh spotlight, and I think when I had my extra clothes in case it got cold or mosquitoes. And this was in May. It was May twenty first, two thousand and one, and there wasn't There wasn't. I don't think there was any moon at all. It might have been a little bit of a moon, but it was clear. It was warn it was, you know, it was in the eighties that day up there at night.
Speaker 4: I think I think at nine.
Speaker 3: O'clock it was still like seventy four seventy five degrees. But I'm sitting there and I go out there and I started doing some really killer calls, like roars and howls, and I'm doing then east end of the canyon. They were carrying all the way down the river. I could hear echoes going down. I was like, dang, my voice is you know, I'm killing it tonight. It's going far. It was going miles now. I was doing some roars. I've seen some aggressive calls. In about seven forty five, I think it was seven forty five, Yeah, it was about seven forty five.
Speaker 4: I hear this wolf.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a wolf hybrid, like those husky wolf they were popular back then tho. They were like seven eights wolf in the eighth husky or malmeat whatever. And I thought, well, it sounds like my buddy's wolf, you know, wolf hybrid. It sounds like that, because it was it was a howl, and it was just it wasn't a kyo, you could tell, and it was a dog that had more of a wolf tone to it. It seemed like, I'm like, that's weird. And then it does it again and I hear the hell. I'm like, god, that's a strange how it keeps going on and on, and then it starts changing it more into like a screaming yell roar, And right then I was like, oh my god, I just heard my first Bigfoot. I couldn't believe it. I was like, no, wait, it was miles due north. It was just due north to me.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages. So three to six months doesn't seem like a long time right in bigfoot Land. It's not very long because we've been looking for sasquatches for decades and decades and decades. But when you think about what can happen in three to six months, like what would you do in three to six months? But I'm going to give me a six months go squatching squad of course, of course, And how much do you think is going to get done during that time? In squatching you're gonna see one in six months? Probably not, But in three to six months, what you can see if you're not going to see a sasquatch is thicker, fuller, hair regrown from Hymns are sponsor Hymns not bad for just three to six months.
Speaker 3: What if you start using hymns now in six months, just imagine that thick full crop up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Hymns will give you a convenient access to a range of hair loss treatments that work all from the comfort of your couch.
Speaker 3: They make it pretty simple, man. They use real doctors. It's clinically proven ingredients and they use like finesteride and monoxaville.
Speaker 5: And I love that. I did no doctor visits because first of all, doctors who wants to go see a doctor? Nothing personal doctors. But also you make an appointment now you get in August or something. Forget that. So this process is simple and one online. And I know you have access to the internet because you're listening to us right now.
Speaker 3: You can pick how you want to do it, like chewables, oral spray, serum treatments, whatever, whatever you want. I mean, they can work with you in customersage with your preferences.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it could be a one time thing, it could be ongoing care. No insurance is needed at all, and it's all at one low price and that covers everything from these treatments to the ongoing care.
Speaker 3: If you so choose, well, then way, I said, the proofson the pudding, and there's hundreds of thousands of subscribers that trust it and you know, give it positive reviews.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 5: There's your pudding, thick Harry Pudding. Search for free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 3: That's hi ms dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 5: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 2: Results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasteride. Prescription products required an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information.
Speaker 3: I hear this hol come from the north, and I was like, I remember all my hair stuitup. I was just like the first for sure confirmation I had, like where I was, I was hearing a big for there's nothing else, there's no way as anything else. And it did this crazy college that they started doing these crazy screaming, how yell roar things like just up and down, like you know, even octaves different from the start to finish going through all the ranges of these calls and mixing just different sounds good, and I was like no, So I start roaring back, going, you know, and barking and doing just aggressive gorilla kind of calls. And it's coming and I could tell it's coming closer, but it's still far away. So over the next forty five minutes, I'd hear it roar every so often, and I'd do a roar and a yell, and.
Speaker 4: I was pounding.
Speaker 3: There was a chunk of there was some dead oak logs, you know, maybe I think they were probably like eighteen to thirty six inch sections of old logs that were left there that were cracked or split whatever.
Speaker 4: They weren't good for him, they just left them there.
Speaker 3: So I was beating on one of those and it was it was making them perfect because it was kind of elevated. It was part of it was sticking in the ground and the rest of it was sticking out of the ground. And I was banging, so I had the killer resonance, and I'm banging on, I think, and I'm screaming and roaring, and then it's I heard it call and it was pretty close. It sounded like it was definitely with less than a mile, and I was like, no way, it's coming in. It's coming in, and calling fretus and the phone going John, get up for the thing's coming.
Speaker 4: It's coming.
Speaker 3: He's like, I can't. I'm working, I can't. I just can't make it. There's no way. I was like, damn. So then I called some of people. I said, hey, I got a there's a big foot coming. They just kind of laughed me, like yeah, whatever, whatever, and no. I called like several people and no one came. So I was sitting there going all right, I'm just sitting there waiting, and I hadn't heard anything for about ten minutes, and then right then it.
Speaker 4: Just starts roaring. It's right up. I'm facing Dewey's.
Speaker 3: It's coming in at my nine o'clock, my due north, and it's in the tree line just you know, however, far from me, like sixty yards or something, and I'm just like, oh my god, no way, and it just starts snapping. It came in dead Son, and all of a sudden, it just roars and screams, and you just hear just branches breaking and like small trees, sounds like snapping and just stomping feet.
Speaker 4: Just boom boom boom, and it's going.
Speaker 3: Like and then they would do these craz eazy how you know, a scream and like and then it would end up with like a huge exhale and it sounded like horse up song that kind of sound at the end, like it was flapping its lips really hard. But there's doing these then before we do another scream, we're doing another huge inhale and then a huge exhil which it would end with the horse flap lipping horselip flapping sound. Now it's just like blown away, going oh my god, Like I mean, you can imagine at this point, I'm just like going no way. As soon as that first scream happened to my two o'clock, I just heard this crack. And I know that's your imagination probably like just filling in the gaps, but I mentally pictured this thing on my left. I was, you know, kind of mentally picturing this thing what it looked like marked through the wizard. The second that crack happened. For whatever reason, I just saw it. It looked like playing this day in my head. But you know it's people already described it to me, So I'm sure that's what it was. But I just see that old janking one hold in the branch, and it's like the crusty old guy is going crack like I'm not dead yet, I'm still you know, like a mail you know, sasquatch whatever. I don't know, but I just had this mental image of the old one over on my right, crack in the tree.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh my god, there's two of them. And I was just like, whoah this is you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, And I had I had a disposable thirty five millimeters cardboard camera. You know, you just take thirty those twenty seven pictures and drop it off at like save on or Walmart and get them developed. So I had one of those and I had a flash on it. So my plan was to antagonize the thing. And that was my plan going up there, was to antagonize if one came, to antagonize them enough to charge me, and then my plan was to.
Speaker 4: Snap a photo of it.
Speaker 3: And this is the most stupidest part, because John cap't tell me all it'll charge you, and it'll stop ten or fifteen feet away and just roar and make you, you know, crap your pants and run away whatever.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I'm not going to no way, I'll be ready for it. I'm not scared.
Speaker 3: And my plan was to try to jump out, do like a diving barrel roll and try to grab some hair off its leg. Don't you think stupid stuff Like I just thought like, it won't kill me, It won't kill me. And then I was thinking like, it'll probably kick me, but it won't kill me. And that plan didn't work. But so for the next So that big one that came in from the left, I mean, it sounded huge and it just it stopped. I mean when it stopped its feet, it was like you could feel it, you know, a little bit like it was and you could mean it was just boom boom, but really well spaced, like definitely it was bipedal, but there was some big strides going and it just was.
Speaker 4: Making all this noise. And then so on to my two o'clock and that one's going from a nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: They kind of worked their way together, so they met directly exactly in front of me.
Speaker 4: They both came into.
Speaker 3: Like marching centuries, and they just were shaking in the trees, and you know, there's some big deciduous trees, you know, it's like some kind of oak or something like that. They just start shaking them. They just start the trees somethings, grabbing and shaking them. And these things were big, like forty foot. The base of these trees were like a good ten to probably fourteen inches maybe something like that. Some of them were going to be eighteen inches. And they start grabbing them and just the tops or whipping back and forth like it was like a full double gale storm was blown through, like just whipping back and forth by like leaves coming off, just shaking, shaking it, shaking it. And I'm like, how in the hell are they shaking those trees? Or like these trees are mott liked you get ten men on that thing, and it would you wouldn't even you couldn't budget at all. It wouldn't make a It wouldn't move but two inches. And these things were going back and forth ten feet at the top, you know, just whipping back and forth.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what the hell is going on? But they do that.
Speaker 3: So then I stand up and beat my chest like the gorilla like slap slap, like I was going what And they would roar back and then it goes silent for a while and then they then they'd do like a big branch snap. It was almost all the noise is coming from the big one that was going back and forth on my left. It was going from my nine o'clock to my twelve o'clock, back and forth. It would go silent for a while and then it would, you.
Speaker 4: Know, do another noise. And at this.
Speaker 3: Point I was getting pretty dark, and I had the night visions, the night vision that I was scanning and scanning and scanning, and I never I just got it that day.
Speaker 4: I hadn't really got to mess around with it. And it had.
Speaker 3: These dials on the front, you know, for focus and brightness and.
Speaker 4: What else. And there's there was a red laser point that was on it too that you could hit. There was a button.
Speaker 3: None of it was all marked in like Russian, so I couldn't or Ukraine and whatever. I couldn't read it. It was like that what it called thrillic writing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so that could be. I'm not too familiar with that, but I know what you mean. Certainly I can picture it, but I don't know the terminology.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it had that so I didn't know what anything said, and I was just kind of messing with it, and I wasn't sure what was what. But I got to work and I was looking through it, and I could see, you know, I couldn't see anything, but I could see the trees, you know, you know the gentoo and.
Speaker 4: Night scope looks like oh, certainly, yeah, I mean it was it was like late eighties orally nineties. Technology wasn't very good.
Speaker 3: But so I'm going back and forth scanning the true on, scanning tree on, and I kept send up roaring, and I'd get up and beat on the tree. And then at one point when they were in front of me, a section about five foot long or four foot long by about twenty something inches thick, maybe twenty four inch thick chunk of oh it came flying out of the tree line. Didn't come close to me, but it landed, you know, about two thirds of the way between the tree line, and it came about two thirds of the way to me and then landed in front of me, just boom thudd.
Speaker 4: And I went out and looked at it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, dang, that's a one hundred and fifty pounds two hundred pound piece of wood or something, I don't know, like something like that was it was substantial, like you know, you couldn't have thrown it very far, Like I mean, I could pick it up, but I couldn't throw it. I could maybe throw it like four or five feet six feet the most. So that thing came find I was like, well that was crazy, and I was still just still pretty uh. I mean, I was nervous, but I was still confident, like I wasn't I wasn't afraid really, I mean I was definitely on heightened alert and my heart was racing, and I was super excited, but I wasn't really scared. I was just I mean, I was kind of nervous, but I was more I was more excited.
Speaker 4: I was just excited.
Speaker 3: And then so this went on for a while, and it seemed like three trucks passed by as I was up there. They were kind of old Ratley, you know, old full sized you know, domestic pickups, just bouncing along, and I remember that they all had music cranking, like uh, cell war cranking country, and they're al was playing like classic rock as they went by, and those freaking squatches in the tree line went absolutely crazy, just when the truck would go there start screaming and roaring and shaking the trees really really hard to choose and just be thrashing back and forth. They'd break branches and roar and scream and yell, and none of the trucks even slow to I don't think they didn't hear.
Speaker 4: They just kept driving by, and I couldn't believe.
Speaker 3: I kept thinking they're going to get out and stop, you know, and be like what the hell is that or something, you know, and I was stuck. I was like, oh, great, I'll get some witnesses. So during this whole time, I had called people and no one came up. They were like, what You're crazy. I'm like, no, this is happening right now, get up here. Or no one came. So this went on for a couple hours, and at one point, Alsodden, I can't remember what it was. It was like some kind of yell, like it was a little it was different than it was a different call, but there was like a there had been a couple of minutes several minutes of silence. Then this call came out like I can't remember what it was, but instantly burst out of the tree line. Oh okay, prior prior to that call coming out, it's like the battery, the battery is getting low. Someone's going wrong. I was like, what's going on? Is this battery getting low? What's happening? It started getting fuzzyer, and so I started messing with like the focus and the you know, the brightness and like, and one of the ones I was twisting was I didn't realize was the battery cover and I un screwed it all of sudden I unscrewed it the whole way and the cap came off, and the the second the battery got disattached and it turned off, like within a second. There was a scream or yell whatever came from the tree line and they just rushed me like you could, Like it was so fast, dude. Was like the other thing comparacter was like being at the county fair when the horses go run about when you're stand on they do the track at the horse races, Like the ground just shook. There was for sure two of them, maybe three of them, I think there was three came bursting out of the tree line rushed. I thought they could rush right next to me and like into the tree line behind me. And it was just I was like, oh my, it was so fast and so loud, and the ground shook and it was just overwhel I was like, oh my god, Like I was just like my eyes popped out of my head probably, and I was just sitting there going, hold my breath, going what the hell? And then I figured, well, I don't know what happened to him. They my dog, because that pitpo would go He was super chill, like friendly'est dog ever. But when he was in the truck he was like a kujo, just psychopath like, would attack anything that came near to the truck unless you let him out that he was friendly again, when he was in the truck without me, he was just guard dog. So I'm like, well, if they go to my truck, they go behind me and the trees behind me out here him because my dog will go nuts. I never heard a peep out of him. Was like, that's that's weird. So I sat there for a few minutes. I was sitting there was about five minutes or something like that, and I started I started hearing the wrestling of some what I figured was a wood wrap behind me. There's a lot of wood rats out there, so I thought I was a road, and behind me then.
Speaker 4: It sounded like a little bigger than a road.
Speaker 3: And then also over my right shoulder, so I was I had set my chair back in the tree line just a little bit, so I was. I was in the tree line, just barely, like my chair was inside the tree line. I had, you know, a couple of branches on the side of me. So I was a little bit ob scared if you were like walking by or something. I'm sitting there and all of a sudden, you know, I got my the spotlights on the ground, I got some shady there, I got the night scope in my hand, I got the camera in my hand in my other hand, and it was.
Speaker 4: All wound up, ready to go.
Speaker 3: And I'm sitting there and all of a sudden, I start realizing I'm hearing breathing and a little wrestling, and all of a sudden, wear this presence behind me. And also I started hearing breathing coming from way over my head. I started hearing this breathing like after a couple of breaths, it starts going into a growl like but deep and rumbling like, and I'm like, it's way over my head. I mean it's up in the air, and I get this just worse sense of foreboding, dread, and just the most scared I was in my life. Just I mean like I was like, oh my god. The only thing I compared to is being having a great white shark circle on you when you're out diving or surfing, you know, like that thing of like, I'm out of my element.
Speaker 4: This thing can kill me in any second. There's nothing I can do.
Speaker 3: There's like any large preda, like if you know you're running a tiger in Asia, lions in Africa, or grizzly bear here or whatever. Like we're just like, oh, this thing could take me out. Nothing I can do, not a damn thing I can do. I was still excited at this point, and it starts growling, and I wasn't really that scared yet. I was like, well, I wasn't that scared at that point. I mean I was, I was nervous. I was nervous started growing. I was like, okay, bo, it's just stay calm, just stay relaxed, you know, don't don't do things.
Speaker 4: It won't hurt you. And I'm like, okay, it's right there. I got to take its picture. I gotta take its picture.
Speaker 3: And the second I started telling myself, all right, you gotta take this picture, turned around, it's all wound up and everything. I turned it on and I turned it on and it makes a little bit of wine sound, just a little bit, and that little indicator orange light comes on, and I'm like, oh no, because I was for the flash. As soon as I did that, the the loudest, clearest message in my head. If you take my picture, I'm gonna f and kill you and no one's ever gonna find your body. And I had this image of stuff of me inside of a cave and putting big rocks over it.
Speaker 4: I was just like, oh my, but dude.
Speaker 3: I swear to this date it still seems like it was from outside me. Like because you talk to yourself all the time, this seemed different, really different. It seemed like it was like this voice I'd never heard before. It was loud and clear my like it wasn't audible, like you couldn't hear it audibly. It was in my head, but it was clear as day, like just seemed very real and threatening, and I believed it, Like I thought, if I turn around, it's going to kill me.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: And I just remember like getting up and walking real fast. I don't run, but I was like walking as fast as kid. I'm like, don't run, but and my eyes were watering so bad, and it was dark. I walked into a you know, a joe poke like a dead branch. There were some slash piles out there, and there was a it just was my eye by about an inch. I was like, and I was walking fast, like not seeing where I was going, stumbling along. I literally could have just poked my eye out. Oh my god, Like how to get behind me? Like how come d D didn't bark? Like how did them get behind me without me knowing it? And I'm just getting to my truck, and my truck was facing away from Bald Hills Road. I was facing down Johnson's heading down river, and I just wanted to get out. I want to go out there so bad. I was expecting to get grabbed out of the tree. Like I was walking along the tree line. I was just toy expecting to get dragged, like dragged into the trees. Next like on my left where I just been that like island of trees. I was sitting there. I was I knew it was in there, and I thought, maybe they're both of the three of them in there. I didn't know, and I was for shows and get ambus walking back to my truck. I get to my truck and I get there and there's I'm looking in and I don't see my dog. I'm like, oh my god, no, wonder reason they reached it and got because the doors were unlocked.
Speaker 4: I'm like, they got him. Oh my god, I stole do this.
Speaker 3: So at that point, I just like my stomach sank and I was just I felt even that was the worst. I was like, I just got my dog killed. Oh my Like how they getting without me hearing it? Like I was just tripping out. So I get in the truck. I'm fumbling for my keys and I'm hyperventilating, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, they killed they killed DDA, they killed the DA.
Speaker 3: And I flip on the light and I see him and he's jammed down on the floorboards on the passenger side. He'd ripped out like the like where the gloveboxes behind it, like he just tore out whatever was wiring like radio stuff was up behind there and had his head shut up there and part of his shoulders and he was crawled underneath the as far up against the front of like where your feet goes cramming.
Speaker 4: There's much like.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe how Hidney was from from view. I mean, he's black and it was dark out, so of course it was hard to see hm. Anyways, but he had he had been so scared he just tore up the inside of the truck trying to climb into something just to get away from whatever. So they had to walk around the windows and stuff like that. Look, I'm sure they walked around and looked in at him. So I drove and I had to drive down a ways to turn around. So I'm looking for a place to turn around. And I was driving a two wheel drive tow to truck like probably ball tire, I know I had ball tires on it, and I'm looking for a place to around.
Speaker 4: So I finally find a spot and I back into it.
Speaker 3: So I'm back into it, and then I go to go forward and the truck doesn't. I'm stuck kind of like it's it's the and banking was two I dropped off a little in bank which turned around the spot. I mean, you know, eight inches nine inches or something like that.
Speaker 4: It was. It was nothing. I was like, oh, but I didn't want to see my tires and get stuck. I knew that.
Speaker 3: So I got I took a little head lamp out and I'm showing my light on the on where the truck is.
Speaker 4: They're going to see if like, and I look like, Okay, it's no big deal. Like it's got to back up another foot or two.
Speaker 3: There's enough f riend for me to back up and just get a little bit of speed and I'll pop out of this no problem. So as I do that, like this is all happening, like simultaneously, I'm looking going, ok I'm out of here. That roaring scream comes again from above me, like it had followed me down that road in the in the tree line going north, and it screams, and it's just starts bolting coming through these rhodendrons and raspberry bushes and some other just various stickers and stuff, and it just comes rushing down and I can just hear all that stuff, just tearing, stuff tearing out of the ground and small branches breaking, and it's coming fast down at me, and I just jump in, throw it in first, and you know, drove out of there, and I was all I had was this vision of a piece of log comeing checked out of the darkness, coming through my windshields. I just kind of expected it to happen any second. And I just show the thing roaring and screaming out to my left, like above above me, down the hillside right there, like close really close by.
Speaker 4: Was like, oh my god, no way, and I'm driving out. I thought for sure.
Speaker 3: I was waiting, just waiting for a piece of wood to come fly through the windshield and kill me. So I go ripping out, I get back down. I mean I drove so I drive fast all the time. Anyways, out there, I drove so fast. I was hauling ass. I mean, it was it was crazy. I didn't crash. I mean I was pushing my trucks to the max getting out there, just wah, just drifting and you know, squeeling tires. And I get out on the pavement, I just ripped back down. It's fifteen miles to the one oh one. I get down now it's just a big open flat. But it was a old growth red wod mill at the time, and they only worked. I think there was like maybe three shifts so weak as there wasn't much wood. It closed down not long after that. I go ripping in there. I knew there was guards in there, and then I go, I go flying there like just full peeling, you know, just came ripping up to the guards down, just full locked with the brakes into a full power slide.
Speaker 4: You know, and just I jump out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, dude, come with you right now, there's sasquatches up on the hill going crazy. You got to see this, You got I need a witness. Get into my truck.
Speaker 4: And the guy's like big eye just staring at me, like going, what the hell.
Speaker 3: There's this big, crazy looking dude just came flying peeling out, you know, in this truck. Teld me to get in his truck, go get big foots up on the mountain. He's like he's like, dude, I'm not getting in your truck. You're not supposed to be here. Get out of here. Like that was this whole thing is like just beat it, Like, dude, there's big ones at there right now, let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's go. And he's like, no, I'm not going with you, and I was like, what the hell's wrong with this guy?
Speaker 3: You know, like he's looking at you. The hell's wrong with this guy? Like, dude, there's big ones at there right now. You know, I need a witness. I need a witness. He says nope. So I left him, and there was a bar right down the street at that time. There was a bar, the Logger Bar or the Lumberjack whatever it was, yeah, Lumberjack.
Speaker 4: And so I go down there.
Speaker 3: There's just some old kind of like alcoholic dudes and they're like retired logger dudes and millworker guys, like three or four of them, and like bartender. And I'm like, I'm like, you, guys, there's a couple bigfoots up hills going crazy right now.
Speaker 4: I need a witness to go up there with me.
Speaker 3: They're there right now, going nuts, turned down trees, and they just all laughed me, and two of them were saying there was a native guy in there too. So the two guys were laughed, just making fun of me, like going, oh my god, like call me a nut job, and you know this and that whatever tell me I was on drugs. And then the other guys just kind of like, yeah, I know they're there, but I'm playing pool. I'm like they did He said maybe when I'm doing with my pool match, and I was like, are you kidding me? Like you guys think of this bar every night of your lies. You're not gonna leave. You know, you can play pool the rest of your life like this is like you can give them see some big foots right now, and so they wouldn't go. So then I drove down to Trinidad, which is like twenty minutes something like that, on the south of there, went to.
Speaker 4: The bar there.
Speaker 3: There were some guys in there, no one interested in going like they just everyone was laughing at me, except for one guy that was like goes, oh, no, I'm not going up there, Like yeah, I know they're there, but I'm not going to mess with them, like he he had an encounter and he was scared of them whatever. So then I drove down to Six Rivers Brewery and they were closed. There were some workers, and I knew all those guys were really well those girls. I was trying to get these girls out there, going come on, let's go. There's big once up there. At this point, it's like one one thirty in the morning something like that. There's like, now we're tired. We're tired.
Speaker 4: I was, and I called people and no one would go back up there with you.
Speaker 3: I couldn't live. And then no one go with me the next day either. I went back out there. And that was the scarce thing. Everyday was go to the next day. Well, first I drove to Creston City, which is a couple hours went up there. I went to John's place whip Smith River. He gave me an infrared flood lights sunny night shot camcorder, and uh yeah, so I.
Speaker 4: Had a couple.
Speaker 3: I had three big infred floodlights and sunny night shot cameras.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, go put get some bait outs. I went and got some smoked.
Speaker 3: Salmon, and I got all this stuff like donuts, salmon, honey rolls, like just sweets, you know, and some cooked meats, smoked meats.
Speaker 4: Go back up there.
Speaker 3: I got up there the next day, like later afternoon, and I was so scared to go back up there, and I was like, well, I gotta face my fear.
Speaker 4: I gotta I gotta get this thing on film. So I did it.
Speaker 3: John told me I set up the I set up the food and I put there's. I tried to like hide the lights nearbyhy but it was just so stupid, like I didn't think it didn't see that. But I didn't have a better idea. It was just get it on camera.
Speaker 4: You need you know. It's because there wasn't any moon, really it was. It was pretty.
Speaker 3: It was really dark out, so I was like, okay, I need to use I guess I gotta use these floodlights. And I went up there and when oh, when I got there, I had this on film too.
Speaker 4: My dog d day. He would knock get out of the truck. I had to drag him out of the truck.
Speaker 3: And he usually loved going of the woods, like he couldn't keep me, Like he was scratching out the window to get out because I just wanted to get out, run around and sniff and play.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't get out of truck.
Speaker 3: When he came out of the truck, he round it the back tailgate and curled his legs between his legs and wouldn't come out from the truck for twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: I was going, did come, come, He wouldn't come. And then I.
Speaker 3: Got him out, dragging by his collar got him going. He just stuck right behind me, like this tail between his legs. After about ten minutes walking around, there was no sign of anything. Nothing was around, no noises, and he relaxed, and you know, ten minutes later he was back to normal, totally playing. So, Okay, they're not here, Wait until it started getting dark again. Set up that spot where they came here there, like the twelve o'clock position point. I went back on the tree line kind of a little bit, but where I could still see him, but where they could kind of come up partly obscured, and I put all this stuff out on an old log there, put all the food out there, and then there was like floodlights. There's just these floodlights coming down, infrared flooding. I mean it was so bad. I sat there and notice sign of them, no indication them. Sat there all night, I think till daylight. No indication they were there. Nothing five nights later. So I told John what happened. He's excited. I was all excited. He called his partners that he went out with, Jim Hooper and Manny, this guy Manny from southern Oregon. So those guys are coming down as normal guys. And so I've never been to these guys in purpose. I knew who they were, but I've never met any of them in person. So we met up five nights later, four nights at this point, so it was five nights suchter my sighting, and we went down to where we where I estimated where I first heard the calls come from. And so we went down it several miles and we pulled over. There's this big clearcut. You come into it as you're drive along the road. You know you're driving the you're about two hundred yards below the park boundary line where the road is where that runs north south, and so the road at points is close to the boundary of the park and the other points it's a couple hundred yards away. At this point it was kind of further away from the park, so it's a good one hundred and fifty yards two hundred yards up to the Because it's offus, it's a clear cut and there's old growth right away, so it's pretty obvious for the boundary line is as you drive, you're driving along, you're driving, you know it's all been cut before at some point this area we're driving through, so it's you know, smaller regrowth stuff. But you come in and all of a sudden you're left. It's clear cut all the way to the line, you know whatever. It is one hundred and fifty two hundred yards up to the park boundary. And and then it's really small, just hasn't been thinned at all, just pecker pole regrowth, like I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, it was a couple of years, it was several years old, it was. It was small.
Speaker 3: They like the biggest, biggest trees and there were like, you know, six eight inches something like that. It was real close to their real regrowth garbage. And that went and so that ran along you're right on your right hand side. That went along for another couple like, uh, probably one hundred yards of that stuff. And then and then that stopped and it was clear cut on both sides to the cliffs edge that dropped off like a couple thousand feet down to the clout. It's really steep cliffs and steep hills then to your and then up sloped uphill up to the park boundary. There were some old trees that went, old goat trees went through the cut area like a that turned out that was the old hoop of footpath for the hoop Indians to go to the coast rocks where they could cross. It's where they crossed to get to the ocean where they traded, like you know, for sea salt and shell fish. That's when they'd bring stuff from inland and trade with the coastal guys. And that's what So this footpath was one hundreds used for thousands of years. And they're not allowed to cut the trees along the footpath of the cultural preservation, but this footpath it's still it's like it's about three feet wide two feet wide. It's about a foot and a half deep, you know, grounding of the dirt, there's old grold trees went so there's these scattered old growth trees going through the in a line going through the clear cut that went through the regrowth there was and right where they came out, there's some bigger trees and stumps there. But then the rest is that just regrowth junk, you know, just a little arbis streets. I been thinking it was just a mess. So we set up, we parked there. There's a little spur row dropped down to the right head and downhill towards the cliff in the clear cut it was the landing spot for the the laggers have been using it. This was a fresh cut. I mean it just happened like that year or the year before. I guess the year before. But you can tell they've been using like they'd still been coming other and parking and doing whatever down there. Like you can tell the landing was still used down there. So we're like, all right, well this, we don't want to block the landing off. So they went down and set up the call blaster. It was that big, and it was the one it's in the Willow Creek Museum now you know, it's on the early BFR exhibitions. There was the big bullhorn up a Navy destroyer. It was a big speaker for the loudspeaker up a navy ship. And John had looked up to a thousand watt amp with a CD player that you could play like Gorilla calls and the Ohio Call and all that stuff. So they went down set that up the broadcast over the valley. When we got out there, I realized I had forgotten. And this is earlier than night. I was still daylight, and I realized I'd forgotten the night scophen.
Speaker 4: I packed.
Speaker 3: I was so excited about the night scope on the porch, and I called my buddy e Hu. Actually we interviewed on the show here. He was a nurse and he was going to go to go surfing up the clam with anyway.
Speaker 4: So I called him. I said, Hey, you going to the climb still?
Speaker 3: He said yeah. I said, dude, could you please bring my night vision scup? And he knew how important it was to me. He goes, yeah, I'll do it. So he went and grabbed my night scope. I mean he drove up there, and he got there just before dark and he'd gone diving and had some avalony. He just he had some he'd cooked some ablone. He brought the abalone up and was sitting on top of the truck. It was, you know, it just cooked. It smelt really good. And so he had a little Toyte pickup. I had my little toat of to whee drop it. We built a little Tota standard cab you know pickups. So he had a show on his little Toyota and I didn't have one on mine. And we were parked right at the edge of that regrow and then John and Manny were in one vehicle and Jim were down there and they'd set up their call blaster. You know, it's maybe forty fifty yards down from where we were parked there, down on the little spur road in the middle of the clear cut. I just told the Hm'm like, you know what, I want to go up higher. I want to get up and I saw this big old girl stump sitting up on the hill above those guys.
Speaker 4: We measured it later.
Speaker 3: It was one hundred and twenty yards one hundred and twenty five yards from the vehicles where we were parked. So we walked up there, and I was so freaked out still by what had happened five minutes earlier. I mean I was I thought I was going to die five minutes earlier by these things. So I was pretty nervous. And oh when we got there, when we did the first calls, before we even set the calls, I did my own calls. We got this crazy scream from down on. The clowns were way below into this scream, like the classic murder woman being murdered scream, and we were like oh, we were all excited, like, oh, yeah, they're close by.
Speaker 4: And I said, hey, John, can I borrow a gun? And Fradus is the most.
Speaker 3: He was in the very final episode of Finding Bigfoot where we went out went up the final one, I guess it was second to last one of the Luff Creek on the side before the reunion show was the last one we did where we're in Willow Creek and we got those callbacks rounds with John. We got the return calls. But he's the most That's the guy. He's the most fearless. Him and Moneymaker the two most fast guys I've seen out in the woods, like never afraid of anything at all, like nothing like John's not phased or anything. I said, hey, can I borrow one of your guns? He goes, I just got one. He had a three fifty seven. I said, all right, I'll take that. I put that in my back pocket. It was a little snub nose I had in my back pocket. I felt better, so I me and Eh climbed up on the hill. I went up on top of that stump and I had to the night scope and then we were there for about I think it was about a half.
Speaker 4: Hour shooting up there.
Speaker 3: And then John was doing a live broadcast that it was a TV show and a radio show at the time, it was the sixth or seventh most listened to radio show in the world. It was Sightings that shows Sightings. I can't remember the hosts, Jeff Frantz. So John was doing a live call into the show, and he actually the company had runted him a satellite phone, so we had a satellite phone with him to use for the call in they'd send him. So he was doing his calling live, calling into the show. And and uh, just as they're about to start, from the tree line where the where our right where our trust were apart, we heard three grunt growls and they were just what I'd heard a couple of nights before that, like like, I can't it's like at a growl. Oh, that's not it, but kind of get the idea. There was three loud, deep ones came from that tree line where our trucks. We were like, oh my god, it's there's one here. And I just for some reason I thought it was for sure the big One because it sounded like that big one, that charger than a couple of nights before, five nights before.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages, and.
Speaker 3: I was all excited. So each and I were passing back the scope, passing back the scope. Then so John's the meantime trying to talk to the guy Jeff France on the radio show Live with his satellite phone. But it's not coming in. It's he's having bad receptions. He's in at Baron Classic Dude, Michael Scott. He had was it a Baron no as a sea bring? He had a convertible sea bring and he had the top down. He's in this little you know car.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: He drove up there, driving real slow, just going a couple miles an hour, trying to get reception. And he gets reception right next to my truck and he's parked there and I'm looking down and he goes, hey, there's a bear stomping his feet and growling at me in the tree line kind of truck. And we figured, well, that makes sense because we got the avaloni up there. You know, it's fresh abalone.
Speaker 4: He just coach. It smells killer.
Speaker 3: So we're looking there and looking there, and that's why I was looking at going, God, how could I miss it?
Speaker 4: I remember that big stuff. There's this big black stump by my truck and Johnson.
Speaker 3: There's John's on the other side of my truck, you know, sitting down low in his little convertible. I'm going like, I mean, he's only thirty feet from it, and I'm going like, how did I not know there was a giant stump next to my truck. It was, like I said, the thickest tree down I was frobaly eight inches and there's like this huge black stump next to my truck. I'm just like, God, that's weird. And then I see the stump get up, turn and walk into the tree line. I'm like, I'm telling John on the radio, dude, it's he was on a he was on a commercial break from the Sightings radio show. I'm on the I'm on a little walkie talkie going, dude, how can you John's right next to your train. It's walking into the tree line. He couldn't see it just behind my truck from his angle, you know.
Speaker 4: Plus it was dark and he does not see it, and it walks the tree and I was just blown away.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking and looking and then I see it pop back out about fifty yards down the hill where those big trees come. At this point, I didn't know that was the old trail, the hoop of trail foot trail. There's there's a pretty big stump down there, like old growth redwood stump, and then a deciduous hardwood tree that was probably eight.
Speaker 4: Inches thick or so.
Speaker 3: And I'm looking down and going, WHA, what is that? I'm seeing movement and then I'm looking and all of a sudden, I see this thing walk across that little gap where the trail is. It goes from the stump to behind the tree, and I'm looking going and there was a little bit of moon coming out. There's just a little bit of moon coming up behind a little bit of clouds. There's little partial clouds. And when the moon came out just enough for me to see there's enough light to see. I see it go behind that tree. So it's heads behind the tree, but its shoulders hanging out each side by a good foot foot and a half or sticking out each side of the tree. And I see it lean out and poke its head out. Just look like a coconut sitting on top of a brick shed or something, you know. I mean, it just looked like this big solid mass and then with a coconut on top, and you see the coconut lean out. Then when I flicked on that little ire light, I'd flick on a little iron light on the camera on another camera on the vision. It would jump back behind the tree like it reminded me of an ostrich with its headstuck between its leg under the sand, like Okay, if I can't see them and they can't see my head, then I'm invisible.
Speaker 4: But it's its.
Speaker 3: Body was taking out both sides, so I remember looking at it. And then it started and it walked back over behind the stump, and the stump came right between its belly button and the bottom of its chest. And it starts bobbing up and down like a like I remember, Eric, I guess, go, it's a giant freaking monkey. It's a giant freaking monkeys. Was doing that bobbing back and forth kind of like slowly bobbing, and like it wud raise up on one foot, then raised one arm, like it raise up on its right foot and raise its left arm and left leg, then shift its wight over to its left foot and raise its right arm and right leg like it was agitated, going back and forth, and it would and it would lean forward and then walk back over behind the tree and then poke its head out behind a tree and they can still see the rest of its body. So I had the knife scope to Eric and we go back and forth for twenty twenty five minutes whatever it is, just watching this thing, and it would disappear whenever when we couldn't see it, John say okay, it's approaching me.
Speaker 4: It's approaching me. And we never saw it come out on the tree line by him. Again.
Speaker 3: I only saw that one time where it came out up there. But then he'd say, okay, it's walking away there, and we wouldn't see it. He wouldn't he he wouldn't hear it for a few minutes, and we'd pop back out of that trail head down below and be looking up at us. And then one of the bummers was was John had the radio the broadcasting with the call blaster, didn't Manny and Jim didn't know that.
Speaker 4: This was going on. They didn't have a radio.
Speaker 3: So every time John hit the brake, Satman to play the recording the call blasts so that Jeff franch guys could hear it at home. And as he's you know, back He's going back and forth, pulling back and forth, trying to find the angle where he could see it, where it was every time he hit his brake, so those guys would play the Ohio hall, Ohio call, and then aggressive gorilla call. So I was pretty I didn't want what was there to realize that the calls were coming from us, but obviously Dick is. For the next fifteen minutes, as John went back and forth returning his brakes, there was another Ohio call. I mean, this thing was loud, dude, It's just acting through the canyon for miles. And this went on for a while and then John got freshrated and just said, I've got to see this thing. And we didn't have any cameras, you know, that could really record it. So he backed up and put his high beams on and yeah, you know, scanned the tree line backup, so his headlight swept the woods and then we didn't hear anything after that, just went dead. But yeah, so that was my first. Oh so, the next one we went down there, and that stump we measured it was six foot nine, six foot ten basically, so this we thought we thought it was a four foot so looking at that night, from being next to the truck.
Speaker 4: Eric never saw it next to the truck. I did. He only sat down by the tree line, which was further away. But we were.
Speaker 3: Guessing it was seven We well, just when we were guessing it was the we guessed the stump was four foot tall, that it was seven feet tall because it was sticking about three feet above the stump.
Speaker 4: We figured that, you know, just looking from it.
Speaker 3: There, we figured, well, the tree is a twelve inch thick tree, you know, sticking out a foot you know, it's a couple of feet wide, and it was almost as thick when it turns someways across the trail. It was almost as thick as it was wide. Not quite, but it was. It was really thick. We get down there and the tree was put in its heavy house about eighteen inches and it was sticking out eighteen inches on each side. So it was like, you know, four and a half foot across the shoulders or something like that, five ft four and a half feet across the shoulders, five feet maybe at the most, I'd say four to four and a half. There was at least three foot from front front front of its chest.
Speaker 4: To the back of its back.
Speaker 3: It had to be at least three foot thick that way, it had to be nine and a half. I thought it was ten foot. But our buddy who lived on the ranch by there, who had sat on horseback, he was on a flat on a he was on a a flat, leveled off landing area from a logging landing. He was on his horse and it was behind a stack of logs, and so he's on eating ground that he said it was. He was looking right at it, and it was. He said it was nine and a half foot tall. So it was at least nine and a half. So it's between nine and a half ten foot tall somewhere in there.
Speaker 4: It was. It was huge.
Speaker 3: Then, John, I had to leave out how to get back to town that morning, so I was out of there pretty early too. Went down there and I left, and later that day he found a seventeen seventeen and three quarter inch long footprint pressing a hard pen do this dirt is like it's like a rock in the summertime when it's dry like that, it's just you know, he was pressed down three quarter inch deep in the deepest spots, but it was about a quarter and a half a quarter and a half inch deep most most of the spots. But it was a classic eight foot across the ball, seventeen and a half inches long, seventeen three quarter inches long, giant, you know, just heavy. Let's put the way our our toutos put were impressed. Maybe an eighth of an inch deep and these things, and they weren't even that, maybe sixteenth of an inch, eighth of an inch of the most this thing was, you know, quarter inches of the shallowest up to three quarter inch deep at the deepest. So I mean the Tota truck's not making a dent. This thing was pressing into the ground. This thing was pressing into the ground where the toytoes were making a dent. So I mean had to have great mass and weight, you have it. After we saw that, we went to bed. I was just going to sleep in the back of my truck, and I like, Eric, move over, I'm sleeping in the back.
Speaker 4: Of the end. He had a shell.
Speaker 3: He had a regular size, you know, small toida truck with the the the shell was the same profile as the height of the calves. And he had a carpet kit in the back so that he could put like you know, store wet suits and boards underneath that whatever when he's sleeping. So I and you know, it's room for really one guy, and I'm like, dude, move over.
Speaker 4: So I squeezed in there with him. We laid there all night, barely.
Speaker 3: We thought for sure we're going to get the truck flipped over because there was a lot of stories back there, and then picking up cars and trucks and shaking them when people were sleeping inside of them. So I thought that was going to happen. I thought I was going to rip off the back of terrace out of there or something. But nothing happened the rest of the night. It is, it's kind of funny watching me. I was like, I was like dda my dog, trying to crawl into something, hide myself, you know, just cuddling up with my buddy all night. But yeah, so then I spent a lot of time with there. I mean I spent nights and nights and nights and nights with a sunny night shot out there, hoping that I had a sunny night shot with a spotlight, a portable spotlight you know back in the battery sucked and they ruin out fast.
Speaker 4: They weren't even that great of light. And they're pretty good. They're pretty good.
Speaker 3: I had that with some red that oh god, that red cella fane stuff. What's it called, Yeah, like du Beatine, I think they call it. So I had some red filter over over the light. And then I had a suny night shot camera. And I spent the next couple of years up there just ryan hoping to see this thing that I was gonna spotlight it with the spotlight and then turn on the night shot and film it, you know, that way. But I never had any luck, just but I spent a lot of nights out there. One thing that did happen out there when I was out there looking was when I was up at a Dolson prairie up there, you can park and go hiking down into the roadway park. It's inside the park, it's right on the road. There's a little parking lot there. I was sitting there in this ranger cam because back then they always thought I was some tweaker out there up to no good, like they'd hassle me hard when the said they thought I was, well, there's a lot of car break ins and there's a lot of math out there, and so they thought I was one of those guys, so I'd get hassled. The'd always give me a hard time to hassle me and stuff. So this ranger comes with me that one of the ranger cops. He's grilling, you know, he's convinced him on drugs, and like I just look.
Speaker 4: Like I am not.
Speaker 3: And he's giving me a real hard time, you know, and he's pulling my whole car and he's pulling my car apart, just pulling everything out of the back and going through my bags. And I was just like, damn, this guy's really giving it to me.
Speaker 4: You know. I was trying to be you know, I always just cool to them guys.
Speaker 3: I never get him any hass I was like, I understand, I understand, Like I'm glad you guys right here because I've had my car broken into numerous times over the years out here, and I'm so glad you're here. And I understand what you're doing. You're wasting your time on me. When I was telling about Bigfoot, you know, because I was always I was always talking, I was always trying to convince those guys, getting them like stats and you know who's incredible people that I have seen him? This is that and that and you know, just whatever, whatever, whatever data details, I had to lay on with them all the time. So the dude sit there giving me this, you know, he's hassling me, just going through my stuff.
Speaker 4: Also, we hear this the just a screaming roar, and then we hear another roar, and.
Speaker 3: Then all of a sudden, you just see this just bellowing and screaming and orient and his face. Dude, his jaw dropped and his eyes popped out of his head and he turned just just went white. He was so scared that he then he turned on his mag light and shined it over and dude, like seventy feet from us, seventy five feet away, this huge black beard jumped on a smaller black bear and had its head in its mouth and was just ripping it and tearing it with its claws. And the one on the bottom was screaming its bloody murder, and the one on top was roaring, and you know, full attack mode.
Speaker 4: Everyone was full survival screaming mode.
Speaker 3: And we were just there going we were both like, oh my god, like this is crazy, and just watched this bear he yelled at it whatever and had his light and the light and all that, and the big one let go and they split apart, and the little one ran off and the other one ran off.
Speaker 4: The other way.
Speaker 3: And then he was just like, you thought it was a big foot, didn't you? And I was kind of laughing, and he was not amazed. He was like, he's like, well, no, I did, did you were? You were more scared than I was. And I was scared for a minute. And he just goes, no, I wasn't, you know, And then he got really embarrassed and he just laughed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He never hassled me again after that. Nice.
Speaker 2: That's wild, Yeah, because I I had heard the story about your first siding with the night Vision unit and afraid it's being on the call with the radio show, but I never realized that that was right in the aftermath of that other encounter and in the same place.
Speaker 4: I had no idea. Oh yeah, there are five days apart.
Speaker 3: I saw it on April or May twenty six, and the first night encounter was May twenty first, Well.
Speaker 2: I see we're coming up on our hour mark here, so maybe we can hop over to the member section then and talk about some of your other encounters, whether visual or otherwise.
Speaker 4: There If you're up for it.
Speaker 3: That sounds good, because my best setting was long after that, a couple of years later was in the New.
Speaker 4: Mexico on the Hickoria Patro Reservation. I'll tell that story. Oh that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll hop over there now. And as Cliff usually says, you know, I'm since I produced these, I put together the show notes. I always have a link in the show notes, and so if you're not already a member, if you'd like to become a member. It's only five dollars a month. We do an extra episode every week. Those come out every Thursday, and then we usually post additional contents. So if there's photos or videos that go along with the episodes, or anything Cliff or Bobo related in the meantime, those get posted there too, and so the link to the membership section will be in there in the show notes as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, folks, Well that's it for this week. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Listen to an episode of Bigfoot and Beyond with Matt and Bobo usually Cliff, but he's not here, so until next week, y'all. Keep it Squatchy.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, Please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.