Speaker 1: And this episode is called Wild Gals.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys? Welcome to season three, episode forty four of Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does awesome.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our.
Speaker 3: Website, Thebluey Podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Our email address.
Speaker 3: Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store timestamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for. And you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. It's just one dollar a month via Patreon and it is super cool and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 5: They sure are. Thank you so much, guys, We really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Henry speaking of people who are awesome, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The hell outs?
Speaker 4: Okay, listen up, everyone has to clap and go whoa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got Itay, let's start on Spotify. We heard from Alex he's still crushing it at college. Good job, Alex. We heard from mefa who wants more Stella and.
Speaker 3: Henry, thank you so much for sending that.
Speaker 2: We heard from Daisy Cat lover Stella. Is that you no? But it's not? Oh? I bet this is you down further one hundred million cats? Is that you no?
Speaker 6: Still not me?
Speaker 2: Those are both two cool usernames though, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We heard from Beatrix, Anna East Due Too, Emma Harper, Melanie, tractor Boy Grant, someone who's user name as a uurl Emily who wants to say happy birthday to var Rooney.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from Julia Skippy, Lana, Rob Poe, Faux Show, Alice, Draven, Dylan, and Potato Sack. We got a message on Instagram. We heard from Vincenzo on Facebook. Ella asked what my favorite Taylor Swift song is and I had to tell her I can't possibly pick just one. Somebody else on Spotify asked me that same thing, and I just don't know. We got some emails. We got a voicemail from our friend Brendan.
Speaker 6: Greetings, dinner with the Healers. This is your friend Brendan speaking to you once again. So I do apologize for jumping ahead here, but I do have a very specific moment that I would like to share with you from the Blue episode The Sign.
Speaker 1: You think I want to move? What I thought you did? You said it was going to be a big adventure. I was just saying that to help you be brave. So you don't want to move either?
Speaker 4: Of course I don't want to leave Blue.
Speaker 1: Well then why are you? Because I think it could be good for our family, but it could be bad for our family.
Speaker 2: It could.
Speaker 1: I wish I could tell you which one it was going to be, but I guess we'll see.
Speaker 6: Well. I wish I had some certain words about this particular episode, So Eric, would you mind helping me out here? Thanks? Really appreciate it. All right, talk to you soon, Bye.
Speaker 2: Bye, Brandon. Thank you so much for saying that The Sign is such a great episode, and we did do an episode about it, like a first look at it when it came out, and that is a tough, tough scenario for everybody involved, for the family, and I really feel for all of them in that respect. I understand exactly where Chili's coming from. I understand where Bandit's coming from. And a lot of times change is hard, and it turns out that it's the fear of the unknown that's scary. It's not so much letting go of the things that you love, it's being unsure of what's coming next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brendan, I agree with Eric. He put it very well.
Speaker 5: It's change is scary, and when you don't know what the outcome is going to be, it puts stress on everybody, and everybody's just worried and upset and scary. And I honestly, I think everybody goes through that. We've been through it, and you know, thank you for us. Things worked out in the end, but it can definitely be scary, and that is such a good episode. Thank you for sharing that with us, Brendan.
Speaker 2: We got an email from Carl who wants to say happy birthday to Delilah from Dad Caris LJ and the dogs.
Speaker 4: Happy Birthday Delilah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carl and his family. They've been listening to us for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, we heard from Mary who is from Buckinghamshire in England and she is going to go see Bluuie on stage next year. How cool is that?
Speaker 4: How cool? I thought that is going to be so awesome to see that sounds.
Speaker 2: Cool, it sure does. We heard our friend Olive had a birthday. Happy Birthday, Olive.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Olive. I hope your day was great.
Speaker 3: Birthday, a happy birthday.
Speaker 2: We got a voice message from Vera and it's also happy birthday to Vera.
Speaker 7: Hello Janerus the Heroes and a couple of days, it's going to be my birthday. And I really like your podcast. Every night I listen to it so it helps me go to bed and I just really like your podcast. And my name's Vera.
Speaker 5: Hi Vera, thank you for sending us a message. Thank you for loving the show, and I'm glad it helps you to get to sleep at night.
Speaker 4: And I hope you have a happy, happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from Samuel and we also got an email from Iris who wants to hear more Stella.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Iris.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you so much for the emails, the comments, the five star reviews, and just all the kind words. We have the best best fans ever.
Speaker 4: We sure do.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys so much for your support and we just couldn't do it without you.
Speaker 2: Thank you well, guys, we just got done watching Wild Girls.
Speaker 8: Let's play Wild Girls. Indy, Okay, I'll get the broom.
Speaker 2: Henry, could you tell us what is going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of this episode, Coco and Indy want to play Wild Girls, and then Chloe comes and she wants to join them, but she doesn't want to play Wild Girls. Instead, she wants to play toilet Tag. But Winton hears them talking about playing Wild Girls and he says he'll be a pig and Coco says there's no pigs in the game, but their teacher, Calypso says, sometimes games can change.
Speaker 2: Calypso is right about that. Toilet ta seem pretty interesting, Stella, what goes on in that game?
Speaker 3: Toilet Tag is tag but whenever you get tagged, you have to pretend to be a toilet and you are able to get back up if someone flushes you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hold your hand up and somebody pushes it down like a lever. So that's pretty interesting. It's funny. That's definitely my sense of humor. Once they start playing Wild Girls, Winton is actually being a pig Amanda. What's happening?
Speaker 5: Chloe and Andy try to catch Winton for food, but once they decide that they can't catch him, they're not going to be able to catch him. They decide to try to dance for food instead, and then they go back to the Wild Mother, who is played by Cocoa, and they tell the Wild Mother that they didn't get the food. They then sit down and pretend to be eating leaves.
Speaker 2: After that, they decide that it's time to go to sleep.
Speaker 8: Good Night, Wild Douches, Good Night, Wild Mother, Morning.
Speaker 1: Wild Douches.
Speaker 2: Man oh Man, Morning sure came quickly, didn't it? Henry? What happens when they get up?
Speaker 3: When they get up, Chloe mentions that Wild Girls never changes and that she wants to do something else, And then her and Indie go out to look for food again, and they see Blooie and Rusty playing farmers and they're interested in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when they ask how does that game work? Stella, what does Blue tell her.
Speaker 3: Bluie says that all you have to do is just plant seeds and they grow. And then she shows them some potatoes.
Speaker 2: That she grow. Yeah, exactly. She pretends that she has these potatoes that she's grown, and she shows them all of the produce that she and Rusty have grown on their farm, and they are amazed by it. Andy goes back to get Coco. Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 5: Andy goes back to get Coco because she wants her to see the farmer's game. So they go back up to see where Bluie and the rest of them are playing, and Winton is now part of the farmer's game and he is being a scarecrow trying to scare the birds away from the fields. Coco doesn't want to play the farmer's game at all, even though somebody suggested that maybe the wild Girl's game could have farmers in it, she is just really just not having it.
Speaker 9: Coco, I was just talking to Chloe. She thinks wild girls can have farmers in it. No, they're different games. Oh promise, may you stay away from those farmers? They sound dangerous?
Speaker 3: Yes, we're all mother, I promise.
Speaker 1: Now what food did you bring back?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I forgot food.
Speaker 5: She wants Indy to promise her that she'll stay away from the farmers because she really just wants to play with Indy herself, and she really just wants to play what she wants to play as well.
Speaker 2: It looked like they were having a ton of fun playing farmers. Chloe was sitting on a stump pretending that she was driving a tractor. Winton was actually doing a pretty good job of being a scarecrow. I thought too, he was. Yes, they ask Indy to come and see what they're up to, and she SLINKs away from them to head back to the wild Mother's house. Coco is really upset about how now there's no food, what on earth are they going to do? Indy mentions again that maybe they could get food from the farmer if they all played together. Henry, what happens?
Speaker 3: Coco says that Calypso was wrong about games changing, and Indy got really upset about that. So then when they were pretending to sleep, Indy snuck off real quick to go to the farmers.
Speaker 2: It really did upset her that Coco said that Calypso was wrong. I thought that was sweet. How much faith and confidence they have in their teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They all seem to really love and look up to Clipso she seems like an excellent little teacher.
Speaker 2: Now that Indy is gone, Coco is super upset.
Speaker 9: Oh, she's really sad. I just wish there was a way she could join in.
Speaker 2: Cochoke.
Speaker 1: That's some sad howling, Clipsa.
Speaker 8: Can you make Indy play with me and not chlolle.
Speaker 4: Indy's in charge of Indy's sweetheart.
Speaker 2: I like that they lean into the dog thing with her howling. I think that's sweet. We've talked about it so many times about whether they're people or whether they're dogs, right, And I love that there's no straight line distinction, a little bit of both, Yeah, Amanda. What does Calypso tell Coco?
Speaker 5: Calypso asks Coco what it is about playing the Wild Girls game with Indy that she likes so much, and Coco realizes maybe it's not about the game.
Speaker 4: What do you love about playing Wild Girls?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: The groom and Indie ringing food and I love dancing with Indy. I just like playing with Indy.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you think you could scare Skikr?
Speaker 2: Once Coco realizes that it's really about playing with Indy, it seems like she has a change of heart, and she goes over to see what those farmers are up to. Henry. What happens when she gets.
Speaker 3: There, When Coco gets there, she looks menacing and Winton Caesar and he screams. He says, is the pink Witch of the forests?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Coca was gonna see if she could scare a scarecrow, and boy did she ever. Rusty, he doesn't have time for any of this. He said, he just bought something, Stella, what was it?
Speaker 3: He said that he just bought a quad bike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so he needs the farm to be successful so he can pay for that thing. He can't have a pink witch ruining all of his crops, can he?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can't.
Speaker 2: They have to come up with a plan to keep the farm safe, and it's a plan that works out in everybody's favor, Amana. What do they decide?
Speaker 5: They decide that they need to give the pink Witch a small amount of food from their crops every day, so then that she would not cause any damage to their new crops. And so each day, Indy's going to take the pink Witch, which is actually her wild mother, some food and it makes a wild mother very happy that they're still playing together. And before Indy goes back to the fields, she asks her as Coco if she wants to do one quick dance, and they do and they have smiles on their faces and everyone's happy.
Speaker 2: That was so sweet. And I think that in their game, the way they were playing it, Coco wasn't actually a witch. The farmers just thought she was, and that made it even funnier for them.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was funny, and it all just worked out, didn't it.
Speaker 4: It did?
Speaker 2: And that was the episode. Henry, Did we forget anything?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Stella? Could you tell us what were we supposed to learn today?
Speaker 3: That sometimes it's okay to adapt or change something just so someone else can be happy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's what happened here, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about you, Henry, Here's.
Speaker 3: One thing that I have to say. Sometimes, if you're not willing to adjust to something or change something to make everybody else happy, you'll be the one left sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. Coco was upset when it didn't all end up going her way and her rigidity. I guess, for lack of a better word, only ended up hurting her instead of everyone else.
Speaker 5: I agree with what both of the kids said. Yeah, they're quite wise, they are very wise.
Speaker 4: I agree with both of them. Good job, guys, thank you, thank you so much. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: I think another thing to take away from this, too, is watching what was happening happening to Indy being put in the middle of this because she loves Coco and they're like best friends. But what Coco was expecting from her was kind of unfair and it was really upsetting Indy, and she wanted Coco to be happy so much that she decided the only answer was for her to be sad instead. And that's not what compromise is. That's just rolling over and taking one for the team or whatever. And that's unfair of Coco to put that on Indy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely it is, I agree.
Speaker 2: And it's hard to think about things like that, even for adults. I mean, these are kids, but for grown ups that can be tough too, to be so inflexible and impose that on the people around you and expect them to think exactly the way you do, because boy, oh boy, we have found people do not all think the same things?
Speaker 4: Do they that you do?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 4: That's for sure.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts? It's about the episode, Yes, Stella.
Speaker 3: I really liked, you know, to see all the other characters play together, because usually it's like everything revolves around the Healer family, but in this it was focusing on other characters.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that too, Stella. It's cool to see all the other characters. I like the kids and the other adults as well. You know, I talk about how much I like Pat all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he just might be your favorite.
Speaker 3: One thing I liked about this episode is that we got to see the forest area. I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a cool area for them to play in at the school. I bet when I was their age, that is just the kind of thing I would have been up to in a bunch of trees like that that it just seemed like the deep forest to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they that's a good point, Henry. I think they their school has such a neat area. I mean, they we've seen episodes where they're learning in the school, and then we've seen a few episodes where they're out exploring and playing and using their imaginations. And that's so important for kids to use their imaginations. And they have such a wonderful area their schoolyard and everything to do that.
Speaker 4: It's very neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a cool facility. I like this episode quite a bit. I like seeing the interplay between the kids. I like seeing Indy when she's trying to figure out how to navigate the situation and her desire for her friend to be happy and to be a good friend to her, while realizing at the same time that maybe her friend isn't being fair to her. It was really cool to see her navigate that. And I also really like seeing Wynton pretend to be a scarecrow. I like that kid.
Speaker 4: He's a cutie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'd be my buddy real life. I bet. Well, guys, we think Bluie is all awesome. And until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye,