Speaker 1: Seven six Here fifty five kr CEV talk station. Happy Monday, try to make it so anyway. Christopher Smimman coming over the next segment in the meantime, happy to welcome back with the fifty five Casey Morning Show. FOP Faternal Older Peace Chapter sixty nine, which represents the CINCINNTI Police Department heading it up, Ken Cober, Ken, good to have you back on the fifty five Casey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having all Right.
Speaker 1: Now, if I was out in the middle of the street and I saw an officer I don't know, interacting with someone in terms of making a stop, doing their job and their official capacity as an on duty police officer, and I got in the middle of it and interfered with the police officer doing his job, would I be subject to a citation? Ken Cober?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you'd be subject to a citation or subject to arrest.
Speaker 1: For that matter. Okay, I guess first question. You have it on video, and you circulated a petition to well have Iris Rawley described as a consultant to the City of Cincinnati in a paid capacity, get her fired from her job, and you show a couple of illustrations. She's been caught on bodycam, which you did post with the petition for assing police officers in the middle of doing their job. Can I ask why that she wasn't cited.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, officers had discretion, and in that situation, it was clear the officer knew exactly who Iris was, Yeah, and thought that it would be better to attempt to de escalate the situation than it would be to try to arrest her, knowing that it was a likelihood that it was going to get worse. So they made what I thought was a good decision just to try to let it go under the circumstances. But as I've explained to the city manager, those circumstances are running out, and she should expect the next policeman she comes across and to do something like that, she will be arrested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's on notice now pretty clearly, most notably because you circulated a petition trying to get her fired. Now, she's been around since the days of the riots and the collaborative agreement, and a lot of people, including the city manager in responsive petition you know, gave her props. Is a consequence of her activism, But she has been an out loud voice against the police department. It seems to embrace this defund the police kind of strategy, and she's certainly an agitator when it comes to well filing complaints against police officers who are doing their job. Now, I guess I understand why you're trying to ask for her to be fired. Do you have any idea what role she plays now? Since the Collaborative Agreement has been around for now for what like almost two decades.
Speaker 2: Consultant of the city manager and that came straight from the city manager that she consults her, and you know, and that's fine. Is all the work that she's done with the Collaborative Agreement, whether you like it you don't like it, the work that she's done can't go unnotice. However, she's crossed the line. You cross the line when you decide that you're going to obstruct official business when the police are out there trying to do what they're paid to do, and it's something that's just not going.
Speaker 1: To be tolerated. I certainly understand that it sounds like the city manager's on your side on that, after supporting Iris Rowley and everything that she's done on behalf of the city city manager along said anyone doing work on behalf of the City of Cincinnati, Iris Rowley must hold themselves to a higher standard that includes not interfering with police or in the act of performing their lawful duties. So even the city manager is on your side on this, Ken Cobra.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but we'll see if there's going to be any consequence for her actions. That's going to be where the proof is in the putting. Is she gonna actually do something about it? And that's yet to be seen.
Speaker 1: It is yet to be seen now so far. How many signatures do you have on your petition?
Speaker 2: I looked at it's just over thirty four hundred. I can tell you. I was working the Sccincinnati match last night and there are some folks that were talking about it said that they fully support the police that they've signed it. I've talked to some officers that are reluctant to sign it because they believe that somehow the city is going to get this information and that they will try to retaliate against them if they do sign it.
Speaker 1: Now, I just one have to be a resident of the City of Cincinnati to sign the petition.
Speaker 2: No, and you know this This petition is really twofold. It's one it's sending a message to the city saying that we're not going to tolerate some consultant from the city that's going to create, you know, uh, have a criminal act, commit a criminal act that's going to harass the police. But also it's a message because the police are seeing it, and the police are seeing the support they have. So I encourage all those that are the silent minority or the silent majority that are always supporting the police that don't necessarily want to come out and say it, sign the petition because these officers are taking notice of how many signatures are you know, being signed.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess considering she's in this consulting capacity, of course she's an outspoken community activist. Everything in the city seems to know who Iris. Rawly is the fact that she's going out there and actually interfering with officers doing their job. Isn't that encouraging others residents of the city to do the same dang thing, Since if Iris can do it, shouldn't I be doing it? Also?
Speaker 2: Without a doubt. I mean, they don't understand, you know, the impact that this is having. I mean officers are absolutely furious about this. You know, I was at a role call this morning. Not one officer had anything bad to say about this petition. They encourage it. They actually want me to go even further and take other steps, and that's we'll see how this all plays out. But they're furious to see that you have somebody that is supposedly a city leader that is harassing the police when they're simply trying to do their job.
Speaker 1: Now, what do you hope ultimately comes to this? Obviously, if the petition, you know, it serves its purpose, she's going to get fired. I really am hesitant to believe that share a long or anybody in the Cincinnati and the current government is going to fire her for doing this. So this really does serve the purpose of puting Iris specifically on notice that maybe next time around, she will get cited, and also sends a warning to the rest of the Greater Cincinnati residents. Don't do this, because you'll see what's going to happen next time we encounter Iris involving this. I mean, this just brings it to everybody's attention as something not to do. Right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I had this conversation with the city manager on Friday, and I told her, listen, she should thank her lucky stars that she came across an extremely patient police officer who is willing to deal with that nonsense, because there's a lot of police officers out there that wouldn't have been willing to deal with it, that would have just arrested her, which is what ultimately could have happened. Like I said, I respect the officer that was involved. I think she's a fantastic person under the circumstances. I believe she made the right decision. But Iris is going to be so lucky next time, and that's going to be on the city manager to have to deal with. You know, if they continue to do business with her, they continue to give her taxpayer dollars. Because I believe Iris is not going to stop doing this. It would be smart if she does, and ultimately that's what we want, is for her just to stop this behavior. But if it continues, believe me, there is a high likelihood that she will be arrested.
Speaker 1: Well, and I agree with your conclusion about the officer involved in not issuing the citation, But doesn't that highlight the very problem that Iris Ralli has created because she is such a loud activist and will look into and with hindsight twenty twenty, look at every single, every single moment in time of any officer and maybe perp interaction that they're going to be under the microscope, which has caused law enforcement officers to really question engaging people on the street for fear of being called out by Iris Rawli and others of her ILK. Now doesn't this confirm that that strategy actually work because Iris avoided getting a ticket because it was well known to the police that she was this loud activist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think you could certainly draw that conclusion. But I'll just say this, there are plenty of police that I've talked to this said if that was me in that situation, I would have arrested her. You know, no one in this police department is against accountability. You know, the public deserves transparency, they deserve the police to be held accountable. But if they think that they're going to allow some bully to continue to harass police officers, it's just not going to happen. There are plenty of cops out there that we're wishing that that was them because they would have arrested her.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. Well, if folks want to sign the petition, FOP President Ken Cover, where do they go to do that?
Speaker 2: Goodness sincy C I n C Y Police dot Com. All the information that is all held by the FOP, So it's not like the city's getting this information. We're storing all this information. It's private and you know, we want to be able to see that. You know how many people are actually out there supporting the police, because we know there's a ton of you.
Speaker 1: All amen to that. FOP President can Cover. I can't thank you enough for the time you spent my listeners and me talking about this important topic. I'll look for hard to have having you back on and if listeners want to sign a petition, I'll encourage him to do so. Ken, keep up the great work, my friend, Thanks for coming on this morning.
Speaker 2: Sure, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Brian, my pleasure anytime, seven to fifteen right now. Christopher Smitheman with the Smith Event. He'll be up next. First, get in touch with Rhino Shield. Get a free quote. It's a free quote. Why would you want to go with Rhinoshoe because you don't want to paint your home anymore? You know, every five many years, every five years scraping, you know, getting there to the old stuff. It's flaking off, maybe it's faded paint. You're in a vicious cycle of paint, then repaint, then repaint again. How about going with Rhino shoe. Do you get a twenty five year warranty. It is an outstanding product and it's better than paint. It's a ceramic coating. It's like eight to ten times thicker than paint. They do a great job of preparing the surface for the application and this Rhino Shield product goes on. It provides long term protection so you don't go through that paint repaint cycle again. Protect your home's exterior from excess moisture, protection from UV rays. It's guaranteed not to fade or chip for twenty five years, and it's a transferable warranty too, So go with the ceramic coating better than paint by far. For a free quote and to learn more about the product and its various applications, go to Rhino r H I n O Rhino shield ky dot com for all the greater Cincinnati area rhinoshield ky dot com. To call for a free quote eight five five seven four four sixty six oh five eight five five seven four four sixty six oh five.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. The free iHeartRadio app has over