Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Do adults still pinch each other when they're not wearing green on Saint Patrick's Day?
Speaker 3: That seems kind of silly?
Speaker 1: And who did and did you file out a complaint?
Speaker 4: I'm about to yeah, good.
Speaker 2: Well fake all fake witnessing that just I don't want to encourage that anymore.
Speaker 4: No, no pinching anything.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Gary and Shannon and whoever is in charge of the awesome music you guys play in your lead in. Sometimes it's okay, sometimes it's good. But today, especially for a Monday, it is banging, banging party all the time, all the time. And Bruno Mars keep it up. Yep, I'll shut out to you, bored person that music for getting name. You are a true hero.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are a true American hero. Yes, I love that.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You are the most interesting man in the world.
Speaker 4: Remember those I do It was a brilliant campaign.
Speaker 6: Cannon.
Speaker 3: Your laugh was like, yeah, I can do that. Yeah it's not okay, easy easy.
Speaker 4: Are you aware of it when that happens or do you knock out.
Speaker 3: No, I was not aware of it. I was doing this thing called having a good time.
Speaker 4: Never heard of it. What else is going on? Time for what's happenings?
Speaker 2: Some gusty winds, light chance of rain today, but for the most part, looks like rainy season is over.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it nice?
Speaker 3: Winter is over.
Speaker 4: Winter is over. By next week.
Speaker 2: I believe we're going to be close to ninety degrees in some of the valleys. So a great way to begin our early spring.
Speaker 1: Are you going to be in your crop tops and showing off all that extra work you've.
Speaker 4: Been doing again?
Speaker 2: No, that was a January thing, right, I'm not going to do that until May. But the National Weather Service Augustine northerly winds likely affect the region throughout the day when advisory is up in a few areas, but the warm weather that is coming will probably be here sometime over the weekend into early next week.
Speaker 1: If somebody crashed into your home in the middle of the night and had to use the loo, would you allow it?
Speaker 2: Make them use my son's bathroom, or i should say the bathroom that was traditionally used by my son.
Speaker 1: And why is that? And why would you let them upstairs. Wouldn't you want them to stay downstairs? Like the upstairs is kind of the inner sanctum, is it not?
Speaker 4: Do I believe that they have committed a crime?
Speaker 3: Well, they drove into your house in the middle.
Speaker 4: Is it an accident?
Speaker 3: You are in a cul de sax.
Speaker 4: Is somebody drinking a little bit?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 4: I know that it looks bad, But I know that it looks bad and didn't mean to hit your house with the car. But I just had to idea of a bathroom.
Speaker 1: You're drunk is the most endearing drunk ever, Like, I want to hang out with him.
Speaker 2: They were taken away in handcuffs. Now here's the other option. Somebody comes crashing into your house in their car in the middle of the night, and then there I just have to go to the bathroom. Yeah, I would say, God, there's a plant over there. You've already made a fool of yourself. Continue down that road.
Speaker 3: You want to pissing outside on your on your plants.
Speaker 2: I was going to point out my plant. I was going to point in front of it. I was going to the neighbor's house. Okay, yeah, this is probably one of the neighbors that ran into the House.
Speaker 1: Chuck Schumer is postponing his book tour because of security concerns. He says that it's because he's facing backlash from Democratic voters over his decision to support the measure to avert a government shutdown. Chuck, No, one's showing up at your book signed to shoot you because you helped the Republicans avoid a government shut down.
Speaker 7: No, that is like the DC bubble on steroids right there. Thank God, overthinking your importance. Yes, but people would show up and hackle him, and he knows that that would go viral.
Speaker 1: And if somebody does that, they should be locked up for being a boring, awful, waste of a space, no life person. You're going to show up to hackle a Chuck Schumer at a book signing because of a government shut down and him helping Republicans avert it.
Speaker 2: Come on, get out of here. The pr office at the Vatican needs a little retooling. They have released the very first picture of Pope Francis since he was hospitalized near death.
Speaker 1: Why would you have carnations and baby's breath like this is nineteen eighty seven, come to life like this is the Pope's first prayer after escaping death, and he's in front of a makeshift altar.
Speaker 3: I get it, vows of poverty, blah blah blah. Like the flower. There's two flower arrangements.
Speaker 1: One is sunflowers with some gett a wrinkled tissue paper and a rose, and the other one is like four pink carnations with baby's breath, Like, what are you even doing? We can't get a good flower arrangement in there for the Pope's first prayer after escaping death. Furthermore, the Jesus on the Cross, what's going on there?
Speaker 2: That's a I have never seen one like that before, nor have I. But I want to point out that it's not that.
Speaker 1: It's a budget Jesus on the Cross if I've ever seen one.
Speaker 2: It's not a direct shot at Pope Francis's face. It's kind of like a knife finish, not even a prob It's over his shoulder. It's over his shoulder and you can't see his face. And I don't know now listen, I would.
Speaker 1: And those are the smallest stations of the cross on that wall to the left that I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: What does that mean you can make them a little bigger?
Speaker 4: No, I mean what is the stations of the Cross?
Speaker 3: You don't know the stations of the Cross?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, you know what, Keana get rid of whatever we had planned for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: We're going to go through the stations the Cross. Get ready. It's a long mass. It is long.
Speaker 4: There's some walking images.
Speaker 3: The whole to do.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I think self explained the.
Speaker 1: Story of his of his journey, of his stations across the different people he meets, the people that wash his feet.
Speaker 3: He heard of feet.
Speaker 1: There's a whole thing. Never heard it described that way, but the carnations.
Speaker 2: An Australian woman is not going to go to jail despite plans to sell on the black market two human toes that had been thrown up by dogs at an animal shelter where she worked. This forty eight year old woman was not present at the animal shelter when the two dogs vomited up toes and some other remains in February.
Speaker 4: The dogs February of last year.
Speaker 2: Those dogs, which had been surrendered to the shelter, had eaten parts of their owner's body after he died of natural causes. She said she retrieved the toes from a bin and took them home, where she put them in a jar of formaldehyde, thinking she could make a couple hundred bucks by selling them online.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, how much would you pay for.
Speaker 4: It for someone else's chewed off toes?
Speaker 3: Like, let me show you my toes and please.
Speaker 8: God, no, no, no, my toes look like your toes look like a commercial.
Speaker 3: They do not.
Speaker 1: They do look like little smokies. However, they're very short and stout, like a little sausage.
Speaker 3: Little sausages.
Speaker 2: So you have good balance because your toes are my balance is off.
Speaker 4: You have heavy toes.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like they lack in length, which would have helped with that.
Speaker 3: They're just they're like your like your dog's legs. But you don't want your toes.
Speaker 4: You don't want them too long because then they look like hand feet and they don't want them.
Speaker 1: And they're all kind of the same size, or all the same kind of little smoky size. So you have a block footlege and the one on the yeah and the one on the end looks like java the hut. It goes like this job Ba jaba, the guy in Spaceball's Jaba.
Speaker 3: It's like this my last toe, real fat on the base and then it goes, hey, can we get Jojo back.
Speaker 2: In your The dark side of toe Fungus Motivational Monday is coming up first. We're going to talk about the timing of this Gene Hackman story and to add a little bit of flavor to the uh this, I'll find a different term. I'm gonna flesh out some of the details. What I'm telling you. It's that sugar substitute stuff.
Speaker 9: So you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: President Trump has said that he's going to be speaking with Russian President Vladimir putin efforts continue to end the war in Ukraine. Trump said that land and power plants are part of the conversation around in the war in Ukraine. Late tonight, astronauts Butch Wilmore and Sunita Williams will be boarding the Dragon capsule. The hatch will be closed later tonight. Tomorrow morning, it will undock from the International Space Station. They along with a couple of other International Space Station crew members. The four of them are expected to splash down sometime right before six o'clock Florida time tomorrow night, splashing down somewhere in the Atlantic off off the coast of Florida. So bring them back after two hundred and eighty seven days.
Speaker 4: I think it is.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: We have some.
Speaker 1: New questions about the death of Gene Hackman and his wife. Of course, we know that the two were discovered in their home in Santa Fe.
Speaker 3: New Mexico.
Speaker 1: There was speculation and off the bat, but now appears no foul play was involved, probably because Gene Hackman was in his late nineties, Betsy in her early sixties, and it was odd. There was a dead dog also involved. Now investigators say they believe Betsy died of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, which she contacted from rodent droppings, and he Gene Hackman had advanced Alzheimer's, so he continued to live in the home for the next week. Don't even know if he even knew about Betsy before he passed away the following week. It looks like the dog died from dehydration and malnourishment as well.
Speaker 2: So we talked about this last week when we were discussing the results of the autopsy and the investigation into what exactly happened. I mean, the awful nature of these.
Speaker 4: Two passing and not having been found for a while.
Speaker 2: And it appears, like you said, that Betsy died first and that Gene Hackman would have died somewhere around seven days later. And it's important because those types of things play into the trust and the will and how whatever wealth was accumulated, how it's then dispensed. So in her will she left most of her assets to Gene Hackman. In his will, he left everything to her. She was his sole beneficiary.
Speaker 1: Now his network is about eighty million dollars. Had they passed under normal circumstances, his children from his first marriage would had received nothing, but because of the timing of their deaths, this may change.
Speaker 3: So he was married twice.
Speaker 1: His first marriage to Faymaltias lasted thirty years fifty six to eighty six. That's the marriage that produced the three children, Christopher, Leslie, and Elizabeth. And then his second marriage was to Betsy in ninety one, one slightly overlapping his first relationship. They started dating in eighty four. They say that his absence during his children's early years may have caused some tension within the family, but like like you said, in nineteen ninety five, he signed a will making Betsy the wife his sole beneficiary, no mention of the children.
Speaker 2: So I mean that, especially because of the age difference, you know, thirty years between the two of them, you could safely assume that it was going to be Gene who died first. So that's kind of the way that they would probably have drawn all of this up. And if that had happened, whatever community assets would have gone directly to her upon her death. She had written that she wanted everything to be given to charity, again excluding Gene Hackman's kids. But if she died first, the assets go to Gene. He would have probably, I mean, it's speculation, but he probably could have had his will amended to do what she wanted, which was to leave everything to charity.
Speaker 1: However, there is a strange loophole in the timing of Gene Hackman and his wife's deaths that could benefit those children that would have otherwise been left out completely. According to documents reviewed by TMZ, her will included a provision stating that if she and Jean died within ninety days of each other, their deaths would be considered simultaneous. As it turns out, they pass within just seven days of one another. If the deaths are deemed simultaneous. His share of the community property would not automatically pass to Betsy and then onto the charity. It would be considered part of his estate, and in New Mexico, community property passes to a person's direct heirs, which means that his children could inherit his portion despite him not mentioning them in the will.
Speaker 3: Do did she really have huntavirus? And how did she get it?
Speaker 4: Well, it is it's suspect.
Speaker 2: Listen, like, we don't know what happened between the kids and dad.
Speaker 4: We don't know who you mentioned that.
Speaker 3: They've been oddly quiet.
Speaker 2: They've been odly quiet except for the very first couple of moments.
Speaker 1: When jumped out and said carbon monoxide. Nothing to see here.
Speaker 2: But and you could say something, yeah, I mean, their argument has got to be something like, well dad was not in his right mind and didn't know to put us in five.
Speaker 4: He did that, right.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that it's a legitimate argument's been weird there, but I'm but you could They could make the argument, we're not even mentioned in the will, not even excluded in the will. We're just not we don't appear in there at all. In some cases, if you want to exclude somebody from your will on purpose, you would say, I want all of my stuff to go to the dog pound, to the animal shelter, and I give I give Shannon one dollar so that you know I'm cutting you out, as opposed to you arguing well, I mean, sure some.
Speaker 4: Of it should go to the shelter, but some of it should go to me.
Speaker 1: But still, there's something weird going on with that family that the kids weren't mentioned in the will back to ninety five, didn't seem to have a relationship with him.
Speaker 3: Weird, low Pole.
Speaker 2: I don't know all of it be bad feelings, couldn't that?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's very sad.
Speaker 1: I know that this happens with families sometimes where but three kids. Usually there's one kid that keeps things copasetic. Right, three kids. They didn't talk to him at all. Betsy didn't extended alive branch to get the kid. Like what happened in that family? And where's the other wife? I'm assuming dead somewhere. I don't know what happened with her. She remained like I need I have questions. I have a lot of questions. I need People Magazine to dig into this Gary and Shannon will continue motivational Monday. We're going to spin the wheel a little motivational speech.
Speaker 3: So that's next. That's exciting.
Speaker 4: Temper your expectations.
Speaker 2: We're just trying to get your arrow pointed in the right direction for the rest of the day and the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's as it's twelve twenty seven on a Monday, you're gonna point everyone's arrow.
Speaker 3: That's gonna last in that direction the whole week.
Speaker 4: Give you something to chew on for the rest of the week.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 1: Forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. The music is fun, Elmer always fun to have you aboard.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Do you want your Jeopardy question? Is now a good time or no?
Speaker 1: I'm also feel fielding a lot of comments about my nerd laugh and I didn't notice that I was that obnoxious, So I apologize, O, your headphones don't work. I just wasn't paying attention to me, which is the best way to deal with this individual. Ready Ireland for two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: It's not the only color on Ireland's national flag.
Speaker 1: But it does make up the leftmost stripe, the left.
Speaker 4: The most stripe. Am I looking at her? Or am I holding it?
Speaker 3: Don't overthink it.
Speaker 4: There's only three colors.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: White is in the middle. Green.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, that would have been awful. You have done that in an actual Jeopardy game to then think about it and then talk yourself out of.
Speaker 1: The You wouldn't have talked yourself out of it if you're on the show. That would have all been inside your head.
Speaker 4: Good stories that were following.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, the Trump administration transferred more than two hundred immigrants to El Salvador, even though the federal judge issued in order to bar the deportations, at least temporarily, he had ordered. The judge did ordered the administration not to deport anyone in its custody over the newly invoked Enemy Alien Enemies Act, which dates back to seventeen ninety eight. It's only been used three times in our history, the War of eighteen twelve, the Great War, and then the one that they call the World War II. Trump issued this proclamation that this law was newly in effect because of what he claims was the invasion by the Venezuelan gang trend arrah wak right again trend de aar Agua. Flights were in the air at the time that the judge said that, so they did not turn around.
Speaker 4: They ended up going to El Salvadorg.
Speaker 1: Well, and then there was the borders are saying that he doesn't care what the judges think, so to hell with the whole you know, checks and balances and the way the world works in this country. I think his quote was, I don't care what the judges think.
Speaker 3: We kind of have to.
Speaker 4: At some point, you do.
Speaker 2: The plaintiffs have filed lawsuit to halt any more deportations. They ask a federal judge to force officials to explain under oath whether they violated his court order. And there is some sticking point there because apparently the actual order to turn the planes around was a verbal order, but it wasn't contained in the written order, so there may be some legal wiggle room in all of that.
Speaker 1: Well, last week Gary went on a bender and came up with an idea to have a motivational Monday.
Speaker 3: A great idea.
Speaker 1: So many good ideas come from a couple of Manhattans.
Speaker 4: I still think it's funny that you think I was drinking.
Speaker 3: You said that you went out to dinner.
Speaker 4: This was before this was earlier in day.
Speaker 1: I thought you said it was after no. But anyway, it's a great idea. There's been so many. We refer to them often always on this show. Great motivational speeches and histories and shows. Many of them revolve around sports and we should use them more often. And that is what gave birth to motivational mondays.
Speaker 2: And it just sometimes it's not even a thing like you're going to go out and run out.
Speaker 4: And take the ball, give me the ball. I want to play a coach.
Speaker 2: It's just that thing that makes you stand up, makes you want to run through a brick wall. Yeah, And maybe it's not motivation, it's inspirational whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like when I hear the speech from Miracle, I don't want to go play hockey. I don't know how to play hockey. If I did, i'd want to go play hockey. But it makes me want to do great at whatever it is i'm doing that day, whether it's accomplishing something at home, whether it's doing well at work, whatever that your workout, whatever it is, you're going to do it motivates you to be the best.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I have this the wheel here, and on the wheel we have listed the twenty five different motivational speeches that exist.
Speaker 3: When are we going to get a real wheel?
Speaker 4: It is a real will oh okay, so remember you hurt your arm on it last time.
Speaker 10: M hm.
Speaker 2: So grab that port, grab that that one, the next one, grab that spike right there, and then give it a whirl. Okay, you're gonna make a noise like what like you're.
Speaker 3: It's not that happening me.
Speaker 2: Aha a few now, who's your stop messing with it?
Speaker 4: Rocky bebber ha.
Speaker 2: All right, fine, Ted Lasso, I don't know why you timed it that way, but Ted Lasso ted Lasso, Season one, episode eight.
Speaker 1: I would say maybe the point we all fell in love with ted Lasso.
Speaker 2: This may this was one of the shows. Yeah early in the show. Well, I guess episode eight's not that early, but early enough that you thought to yourself, this may be one of the greatest shows. Rebecca's ex, Rupert, used to own AFC Richmond, the soccer team right and Rupert helped his new girlfriend buy a minority ownership in the team.
Speaker 4: That he had to leave to his ex wife.
Speaker 2: So he challenges Ted to a game of darts, and the wager is Rupert will set the lineup for the team if he wins, and if he loses, he can't go anywhere near the owner's box during the games.
Speaker 1: And remember Ted Lasso is brought in because he knows nothing about this sport.
Speaker 2: Too like dots too through.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm more of a you know, a corn hole man myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about a game. I mean we could maybe wager say ten pence.
Speaker 6: Well, as my doctor told me when I got addicted to feticini alfredo, that's a little rich for my blood.
Speaker 4: How about this?
Speaker 6: If you win, I'll let you pick the starting lineup of the last two games of the season. But if I win, you can't go anywhere near the owner's box, at least not while you're back is still in charge.
Speaker 4: You're okay, double ing, double left.
Speaker 6: Whatever you say, Ruper doos. Yeah, just let me know if I'm winning or losing?
Speaker 4: All right, May what do I need to win? Twenties and good luck? You know, Rupert.
Speaker 6: Guys have underestimated me my entire life, and for years I never understood why I used to really buy me. But then one day I was driving my little boy to school and I saw this quote by Walt Whitman that was painted on the wall there and said, be curious, not judgmental.
Speaker 10: And I like that.
Speaker 6: So I get back in my car and I'm driving to work, and all of a sudden it hits me. All them fellas that used to belittle me, not a single one of them were curious.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: They thought they had everything all figured out, and so they judged everything, and they judged everyone, and I realized that they're underestimating me. Who I was had nothing to do with it, because if they were curious, they would ask questions. Yeah, questions like have you played a lot of darts ted, which I would have answered, yes, sir, every Sunday afternoon at a sports bar with my father from age ten to I was sixteen when he passed away.
Speaker 2: All he needs is the bulls eye and mark you saws.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I love that.
Speaker 1: That's such a good life lesson be curious not judgmental, isn't it. That's your motivation for the rest of the week. Yeah, anything you'd like to ask, Well, I'm going to bring in some shrimp tomorrow and I'm going to ask you to be curious. That sounds all not judgmental.
Speaker 2: All right, it's a flashback to the nineties and mixed Tip Mixtape Monday, because we're going to be talking about Will Smith and zz top what Gary and Shannon will continue in just a moment.
Speaker 9: Listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Five everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. At least forty people killed more than nine hundred and seventy severe storm reports across more than two dozen states over the weekend three day tornado outbreak that tore through nine states. I think the highest death toll was in the state of Missouri, about twelve people. There were tornadoes that touchdown in Mississippi as well, Alabama, a bunch of places like them. There is also a story out of Victorville. A San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department deputy was killed in a crash today at an intersection at Seneca and El Evado. Nearby streets have been closed off. This is a horrific scene where a patrol SUV involved in a chase split in two as part as a result of this accident. It is an awful. Look, there's dozens of police cars and other law enforcement vehicles that are around.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: A San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department deputy killed in that crash today in Victorville.
Speaker 1: It's chilling when you see a car versus poll right and it's able to rip that car away like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the speed and oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: They are obviously going to spend a lot of time doing this investigation. The Sheriff's department has said that power lines are down at that scene, so this is going to take some time and then we'll get some more details.
Speaker 1: You want to know is a patrol car? That's how unrecognizable it is.
Speaker 4: There is a piece of good news.
Speaker 2: We do expect the astronauts, which Wilmore and Sunnita Williams, to be on their way back to Earth sometime overnight into tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: What do we call that good news? I mean, what do we really care?
Speaker 2: Well, it's nice to me. It's a sign that we still have the ability to go get them.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't it a problem that we left them there for ten months when they were supposed to be their ten days? I mean, isn't that problem that's a problem. I mean, we went to the moon for crying out loud. I must use Jesus's name there.
Speaker 4: He did not go to the moon if it wants And.
Speaker 1: Now we're screwing up just sending in a couple of people up there for a week and a half vacation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 10: Hey, Gary Shedding, what's up flying fish out here at the airport? So for inspiration, I'm a five time convicted felling. I'm gonna recover an attic and I'm now a city employee. I used to be with Department of Water and Power and now I'm with the airport. I'm a licensed contractor electrical and I love my life and life is good to a point. Hey, and I love you guys to show thank you for all the inspirations to give me here each and every day.
Speaker 4: Thanks my God.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we can get that from Motivational Monday, I am all here for it. Like I love that. And side note what I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week, And don't take it the wrong way.
Speaker 3: I'm just impressed.
Speaker 1: Five felonies, five felony convictions, and you're living your life and age.
Speaker 3: Still, I didn't know that was a possible. Yes, I love that.
Speaker 4: It's time for mixtape Monday.
Speaker 6: Mixtape Monday.
Speaker 4: Where you was Monday.
Speaker 9: Mixtape Monday Mixtape Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, yeah, Miami.
Speaker 2: Southeast.
Speaker 1: My husband was all excited because he thought you had Will Smith news that was baseball related in Mixtape Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Will Smith the Catcher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know there's also Will Smith the picture, but it is this Will Smith. He's got a new album called bass On a True Story will drop in two weeks, the.
Speaker 3: New album from Will Smith. How old has he.
Speaker 2: Been working on this project? For a minute? And I mentioned to get it out to y'all. I'm excited, basically twenty years off Yeah, music wise, at least, I don't know how old he is.
Speaker 4: Fifty six?
Speaker 3: Fifty six?
Speaker 2: He is fifty six, and remember he wants to live a life without shame, because in all honesty, come.
Speaker 4: On, I'm trying not to think of myself as a piece of I mean, are we ever going to forgive him?
Speaker 3: Who cares we forgive him?
Speaker 1: We all act out in a moment of passion, don't we like that? I mean it was dumb and it was juvenile, but they're celebrities and they're treated differently than us. He's filled with people saying you're yell, you're Will Smith, You're wonderful, and somebody says something about your wife.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he and the wife had gotten into it earlier and they have got a weird relationship. So all of it and Chris Rock I didn't think it was about Yes, that's an interesting question.
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 1: There was more going on there. It wasn't just about the milk, as we say here.
Speaker 2: If you're interested not only in getting the Will Smith album. The tour starts in Massachusetts. No, the tour starts in Africa, I believe, and then France, Spain, Germany before he makes its way to the United States. Okay, I didn't realize he believed that he was an international star the way.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Okay, but that thirty thirty year old Will Smith may have been an international No.
Speaker 1: I think even more so now he's like an antique.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Anti.
Speaker 2: Zz, Tops, drummer Frank Beard is going to be absent from their upcoming tour plans.
Speaker 4: He has a health issue. Nobody talks about what it is.
Speaker 2: These guys are all getting up there in age.
Speaker 4: If you remember its.
Speaker 2: Frank Beard has been the drummer of zz Top since what year?
Speaker 4: Zz Top? Frank Beard has been their drummer.
Speaker 3: Since nineteen sixty.
Speaker 4: Sick nineteen sixty nine, that's what.
Speaker 2: Never would have guessed that he took over for Dan Mitchell and alongside guitarist Billy Gibbons. Dan Mitchell, Bassis Linear Greg had founded the band that same year.
Speaker 4: Greg was replaced by Billy Ethridge.
Speaker 2: Dusty Hill assumed the role of bassist in nineteen seventy until Hill died just about four years ago.
Speaker 1: Do you want a piece of sports trivia to match your music trivia? Sure? So far, there have been no trades involving first round picks in the twenty twenty five NFL draft.
Speaker 3: This is the closest to the start of.
Speaker 1: The NFL draft in which there have been no trades for first round picks since nineteen ninety three. Five days before that year's draft, the Chiefs traded a first round pick for this player.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have to guess who this?
Speaker 3: You know who it is?
Speaker 2: Patrick Mahomes nineteen ninety three, Oh ninety three?
Speaker 4: Oh, Joe Montanna, Yes.
Speaker 1: It was with five days to go before the draft, the Chiefs traded a first round picked the forty nine ers in exchange for Joe Montana.
Speaker 3: Who led them to the playoffs that year.
Speaker 4: My grandma hated the Chiefs but loved Joe Montana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did she hate them because of that?
Speaker 4: No? She did.
Speaker 3: Why did she hate the Chiefs?
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: She must have my grandma. There was something with grandma's and Joe Montana. My grandma was having Oh interesting, that checks that checks out with Dixie. But my grandma, she would not have any Steve Young was having none of home.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh my god, the words that would have come out of Lily's mouth. Steve Young take the field.
Speaker 2: Miss any part of our show, go back and check out the podcast. We'll post it right after the show wraps up. Anywhere iHeart when you go to the iHeart Radio app, just type in Gary and Shannon or anywhere you find your favorite podcast is where you'll find out.
Speaker 3: She loved Tom Glavin, but she hated the NDIM.
Speaker 4: John Cobelt shows coming up next. We'll see you tomorrow. Stay dry.
Speaker 2: Everybody you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.