Speaker 1: Okay, this is and I didn't know about this until number one I read about it. Oh, by the way, the success from scratch segment, which we're doing right now, is brought to you by NetSuite, by Oracle. That's important. They make this happen. And I didn't know much about baseballism at all until Cono and and and my producer, the producer, Cono, our board operator. Just love what you do, and especially Cono have gotten very involved in quote the business of baseballism, or at least buying from your company. Explain what this is, because you know, baseball ism. That's a weird name for a company.
Speaker 2: So we are a baseball lifestyle title brand that allows fans to kind of give an outlet to what they wear and show their passion for the game. So I slogan is Bill football players worn by all. We're a baseball inspired lifestyle brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what does that mean? Just clothing is what you offer to you anything else? Do you do? Jerseys? Pants? I mean normal clothing, hoodies, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're you know, we're T shirts, hoodies, you know, polos, caps, shorts, joggers. Well, we like to call ourselves like the the Lulu element of baseball.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I'm assuming obviously you have licensing with all of Major League Baseball. I would I would guess that, yes.
Speaker 2: We got the major league license I want to say four years ago. Okay.
Speaker 1: How difficult was that?
Speaker 2: It was a process. It was also, you know, a decision making a thing by us because we were a brand that was for the love of the game, and we didn't know if we wanted to go to the MLB a route. But as you know, we grew bigger, we kind of warmed up to the idea because we saw that people were buying our stuff from different regions and they had a passion for Major League Baseball. So we just had to pull the trigger. In twenty twenty one, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's start about how start talking about how this started, because that's a whole story onto itself. I know, you and buddies, let's just go through from the beginning. How did baseballism come to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pretty wild story. So myself and three other teammates we started a youth baseball camp at the University Oregan. We played college baseball there and we started a youth baseball camp. I didn't know what we wanted to call it, but I was looking online trying to find domains, and I found that the domain baseballism dot com was not taken, so we went with that name for the camp name. We ran the camp for two years out of college, and then we went our separate ways and I was coaching. I had another friend who was a lawyer, ither guy was a finance manager, and another guy was in sports sales. But everywhere we went we would wear our old camp shirt and people would ask us, where'd you get that shirt? Where'd you get that shirt? So I made a run of shirts. So this was in twenty and twelve. I made a run of shirts. They sold out in a week at the baseball academy I was working at and I said, guys, I think we got something here. Let's try to relaunch this thing as a clothing brand. So we launch our website in twenty thirteen as baseballs in dot Com. Kind of rebranded ourselves from a camp to a lifestyle pad brand, and it's been pretty crazy ever since. So we went from a youth baseball camp to one of the largest baseball parl brands in the country.
Speaker 1: So when I think in terms of a sports branded clothing line, I'm thinking uniforms. I'm thinking straight out jerseys and caps. This goes beyond that in that you're talking about what sports wear and jerseys on in addition to jerseys, but also jacket sweater. Is that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we that was one of the biggest challenges for us as we started our company is that people would come into our store and be like, can I get a helmet? Can I get a bat can? I get a pair of battingles? And like, we don't do that. You know, we stay off the field for the most part. The only main piece of a pair that we sell that as on the field is the baseball cap. But we wanted something that we could wear around, you know, around town, out to dinner that made us feel like still I feel like baseball people, even though we didn't play the game anymore, in a subtle way. And so that's kind of how Baseballism was born, is like I used to wear you know, polo, I used to wear lacosts, and I looked up those logos and I don't play polo, I don't play tennis. I want to represent baseball. And so we wanted to go that route of just being a brand that baseball people could wear and express their love for the game without you know, wearing a jersey, you know, or wearing like, you know, an obnoxious MLB shirt or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how what's your price point for this stuff? Where would you put yourself in the expense list?
Speaker 2: I would say we're high qualities that we're in upper middle. Our t shirts are anywhere from twenty nine to forty dollars, and our hoodies are from sixty to ninety five dollars.
Speaker 1: And how much are your clothing actually is license and has names of teams on there or Major League Baseball MLB. I don't even know if anybody does that, but yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: So, I mean we we didn't start MLB licensing until twenty twenty one, So I want to say right now, it's kind of like a growing part of our business. It's maybe five to ten percent of our business is MLB licensedtuff and the rest is just lifestyle stuff our own brand in line.
Speaker 1: Got it all right? What a story? I love it, Travis, Thanks for spending time with us. Also, people want to get hold of you. It's baseballism dot com.
Speaker 2: It's that simple, right, baseballism dot com, we got something for you if you love the game.
Speaker 1: Take care, greatly appreciated. Take care, Travis, I appreciate it sort too.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right. Great great story success from scratch, brought to you by NetSuite by Oracle. Get the cfo's Guide to AI and Machine Learning at NetSuite dot com slash handle, and we're going to be bringing weekly stories bringing it back. That's kind of neat. Not only are these great fun stories, we got a sponsor for it too, which is a double win.