Speaker 1: Welcome friends.
Speaker 2: I'm Nicole and I'm Ben, and you're listening to Wicked and Graham.
Speaker 1: A true come podcast.
Speaker 3: Recording.
Speaker 1: The following podcast materials are audience listener.
Speaker 3: Just wah that.
Speaker 1: I like an accent? There a true crime podcast.
Speaker 2: You were southern there? Yeah, true crime podcast, y'all. Yeah, we'll shout out to our southern Southern people. And we've got a few people in Texas and such. So, uh, Nichole is just trying to be like you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to fit in, you know, Okay, And that actually just reminded me. I need to look some.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that?
Speaker 1: As you're having some alcohol? What else is new around here? Eh?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Love you.
Speaker 1: I also love beer because the case that I'm doing today was recommended by someone, right, it was, and so I wanted to look and see the name and stuff. I'm pretty sure I know, but I don't want to get it wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh I got some I'm supposed to be looking up to for this.
Speaker 1: Wow, talk about disorganized city around here.
Speaker 2: And I didn't start our timestamp. It's all good. It's like a minute off.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that means. But I'm just gonna say my news first. Okay, So yeah, this case was recommended by Jensen on Instagram and she's from Texas, so like, yeah, you know, my yull just fits right in there. So yeah, thank you. We actually do look into the recommended cases.
Speaker 2: We do. We've got like a plethora of recommended nyes.
Speaker 1: But this, like the name of it, I was like, that's so dope, I'm want to look into.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've I've heard a bit about this case. I have not gone full dive into it. I actually I don't even think I've heard a podcast about it yet, but I have heard little tidbits, so I do know a bit about it.
Speaker 1: There are podcasts out about it, but you have to be I feel like you have to be like kind of a diehard true crime fan to really know this one.
Speaker 2: I think, so yeah, I don't know. It's hard to say for sure, but I did also want to do a little bit of a shout out here to another Instagram individual here, Barnes Craig said some really kind words to us last week, and I just want to be like, shout out to you. So I'm going to paraphrase a little bit here because there's a slight bit of like a comment conversation beforehand leading up. Just know you have people out there like myself that absolutely love the podcast, and you too, you just want more of what you love. I listened to twelve to fifteen different true crime podcasts and you two somehow make me feel at home and it just makes me smile. So that's just a salute to you too. Oh and the dogs and cats keep up the hard work. Love that that meant a law, So thank you very much. We're really happy that we can make you guys kind of feel at home like that, m h. And that you guys are loving our podcast because we're just we're like, we're just diving in, just giving this a wing and having fun.
Speaker 1: So totally. That made my heart happy, it did reading that, so thank you. That's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yes, we got like several announcements we're gonna drop here, so it might be a bit of a longer intro than normal. Sorry about that, guys. But if you notice our audio is a little bit different today. We are rocking some new microphones. There's some fancy dancy ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel fancy af.
Speaker 2: However, they're not set up quite right yet. They're not diald in or anything. So next episode is when you're really gonna hear the major audio difference. But the nice thing is Nicole can't play with the audio chords anymore because like right now, I'm moving my microphone all over the place and you don't hear.
Speaker 1: It, which is so good. Okay, it's not just me.
Speaker 2: You do that too, not nearly as much as you.
Speaker 1: And the lady in Red. That was not me, that was the lady in Red.
Speaker 2: Sure, so we got the new mics. We're still setting those up so coming next week. Like I said, fancy pretty audio. But fun fact, these are these sure sm seven b's. These are the same microphones Michael Jackson recorded Thriller on your fangirling over there a little bit. These are some industry standard microphones that have been around for a long time. So I'm so happy to have these in our corner. And it's because of your guys support that we could justify actually purchasing me. So thank you, love them, love it. Did we unwrap everything we need to unwrap? Is that all of it?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: I have one really exciting thing is that this podcast is gonna have some audio, like recorded audio from this mofoa, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: Some actual like recordings of the individual involved speaking.
Speaker 1: Which I don't think we've done before.
Speaker 2: So I'm kind of I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Actually, look at me being an innovative.
Speaker 2: And innovative and fancy and dropping shit and breaking boundaries. I don't know where I'm going with this.
Speaker 1: Are we ready to roll?
Speaker 2: I'm ready. I've got a beer in hand, We've dropped our announcements. We're pumped up. Let's do this.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, ah, because this case is it's wild, it's wild. I should be drinking, but I have a tea.
Speaker 2: I'll drink for you.
Speaker 1: Cheers, thank you. Okay, So this is the David Parker Ray case aka the Toy box Killer Toy box Killer not. We already dropped that hint on instad we pull like guests right away. I was like, what the heck?
Speaker 2: Have we dropped a hint yet where it hasn't been guessed?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: I think every time we drop a hint, it's been guessed.
Speaker 1: May their hints are too easy. We need to make him harder. We should yeah, challenge. Okay, So who is David Parker Ray?
Speaker 2: Let's hear it?
Speaker 1: He was born on November sixth, nineteen thirty nine, in Berlin, New Mexico.
Speaker 2: Well, he's an oldie moldy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He did not have the best of childhoods. His mom didn't want him. His dad was a violent alcoholic, so he lived with his grandfather, who believed in firm discipline. Who's a firm discipline.
Speaker 2: Old school style. I think I get that. I think so quick side note, if anyone hears any background, we do have renovations.
Speaker 1: Going on the Yeah, we have a contractor down there.
Speaker 2: So if you hear some grinding or something, he's cut and tile for about apologize.
Speaker 1: He would occasionally get visited by his father, and when he did, do you know what his father would bring him? Like, what is an idea of a gift that your father would bring you as like a child.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like my dad would once in a while come home from work and he'd have like some candy or something from like the gas station, like a slurpy or something. Yeah, something like that. But I do know what he brought him, because you're well, you're me.
Speaker 1: Tell you I know. Okay, this case was so heavy on me.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want to say, this is like a little boy's dream. Almost, no, almost almost dial it back, like forty five thousand notches and you have a little boy's dream.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know so this, Yeah, the case was like a little heavy. So I did like share some things with you through the week because I was like, I need to get this off my chest. Okay. So he would bring him magazines, say is sat is pornography magazines?
Speaker 2: See that's what I mean by dal back. Like if a dad just came home and.
Speaker 1: Hey, boy, I guess he was young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. The age and the specific content of the magazines is.
Speaker 1: Definitely it was just a bit much because like so basically the magazines are showing sexual pleasure from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation onto others.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See that's fucked.
Speaker 1: That's not okay.
Speaker 2: See, if my dad came home was like here, Ben, here's a booby magazine, I'd be like, hey, But if my dad came home it's like here, Ben, here's someone getting tortured to death, then I'm going to get off on it. I'd be like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, excuse me, but that's just like a bit much, a touch, just a bit much. It's a bit much.
Speaker 2: It's a bit He attended a shirt that says.
Speaker 1: That it's a bit much. Yeah, and what the frig?
Speaker 2: And what the frig?
Speaker 1: He attended Mountainair High School in Mountainair, New Mexico, where he was bullied by his peers for his shyness around girls. You can only freaking wonder why the hell is shy around girls? No kidding, he had probably no idea what the hell like to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, just to be fair, I'm thirty three years old and still don't know what to tell them to do around girls and women. So I'm just like, I don't understand you.
Speaker 1: Well, because girls they're kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to us you complicated. I'm not saying that in a bad way.
Speaker 1: Spaghetti is delicious, Well yeah, because what's the analogy? Like, boys are like a waffle. At any moment in time, they're in one square or what box. Women are like spaghetti, and it's like just shit intertwined all over the front.
Speaker 2: Each each noodle is a thought connecting to another one, touching other ones and goes all over the place.
Speaker 1: And it all makes sense. Though.
Speaker 2: I love waffles, I love spaghetti, but they are both very very different.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Okay, so at this time he was also developing fantasies of raping, torturing, and even murdering women. After completing high school, he enlisted in the US Army, receiving honorable discharge at the end of his term, where his service also included work as a general mechanic. David was divorced four times. Wow, only this dude got like with that many chicks. But anyway, and had two children, one being Jesse Ray, who you may hear more about later.
Speaker 2: Okay, dot that divorce thing though, Like there's there's some people who just have like bad luck with that sort of thing. So, I mean, I'm not going to knock anyone for being divorced that many times.
Speaker 1: No, but he's like a nasty motherfucker. So how did he get get married four times?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's true, it's fine to be divorced, Like, I'm not against that, but it's like, it's just if you're gross, Like how did he even get for.
Speaker 2: Being divorced that many times? You just got to like I'm curious on what his lifestyle was. It sounds like he's very notnicily active sexually, but just active like he's going through that many people, It's like, what the fuck is he doing?
Speaker 1: Well, they probably like I think he's a charmer, so he probably charms them. Then they get married and they realize like that.
Speaker 2: He's fucked up.
Speaker 1: Nasty you nasty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another T shirt coming up from which Lincoln, You're nasty?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's so much.
Speaker 2: All your saying is going to be turned into T shirts INtime.
Speaker 1: Your nasty, your nasty, moful. Okay. So it's believed David started his killing spree sometime in the mid nineteen fifties. Okay, And with that, With that, I'm going to dive right in here.
Speaker 2: Let's dive right in.
Speaker 1: We'll hear victims stories shortly, but I'm starting off with who was David ray Parker? Like why was he? Well, we already went who but why was he nicknamed the toy Box Killer? Do you want to know?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Do you really?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Deep breath, David had soundproofd a truck trailer outside his home, which he called his toy box or Satan's Den, and it was qu equipped like I mean, equipped with items used, items used for sexual torture.
Speaker 2: He probably made sure that was equipped because he isn't very equipped was I would assume you didn't, So just thank you for the clarification. That's nasty.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say nasty so many times because this like it's just like I'm almost like shaky, because this guy is like so disgusting that I feel like I'm almost going to have trouble presenting this.
Speaker 2: Well, we had trouble, and I'm glad that I.
Speaker 1: Have the recordings now because if I had to like tell what.
Speaker 2: It was, he was saying, like, I feel that because we had trouble on forty four days of health for the same thing. Like it's like when we're talking the story, we even know this story, but even to just say it out loud.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a there's shock value that that hits our system.
Speaker 1: Can find a story that's kind maybe for my next.
Speaker 2: A nice murder, you know, a kind murder, maybe with unicorns, like a fluffy murder. Yeah, you know, something that was maybe someone was massaged in a massage therapy clinic. Yeah, quietly, calmly.
Speaker 1: And then boom dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a bullet to the head. You know, they didn't feel a thing, something like that, cut and.
Speaker 1: Dry, Okay, so the trailer and the contents inside it allegedly cost to have it around a hundred thousand dollars. Like, can you just think of the other shit that you could buy with a hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, I'd buy a lot of booze, like.
Speaker 1: Way better shit, or like travel or just whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He would kidnap between five and six girls each year, holding them captive for up to three months, dubbing them his sex slaves, and on occasion he would have more than one captive at a time as he liked variety. It was the spice of life.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a douche can I just made everyone?
Speaker 1: Now they're every going to talk about the spice of life feel dirty?
Speaker 2: No kidding?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Wow? Like glitter spice of life? No no, no, you know yeah that's actually kraft herpees. I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So during the period of time his sex slaves were held, he would sexually abuse them. And then that's honestly like putting it lightly, Like it's really putting it lightly. I would go into more detail, and I do apologize for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Buckle up, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: David's toy box contained a custom built gynecology type table in the middle with electroids that it minister electric shocks, and a mirror mounted to the ceiling. He wanted his victims to be able to see everything he was doing to them. What that's just the start. Littering the floor and walls were whips, chains, pulleys, straps, clamps, legs, spreader bars, surgical blades, and saws, as well as numerous sex toys. A lot of the devices were things he put together or made himself, such as a modified drill with sexual devices attached them, like dildos because he was mechanically inclined, right. There was also a dildo he made from a PVC pipe. This PVC pipe was eight inches long, and I know this because he had each inch labeled. That was one of his things. He wanted to basically know and learn like every inch of your fucking body and what you could handle. Wow, But that's not the worst of that pipe because at the base of that he had nails melted in the plastic to be used as spikes that would just like rip your inner thighs to threads and stab you as he was entering your body.
Speaker 2: That is so fucked up. Yeah, however, I do got to give him, give him creativity points. Though he's trash, don't get me wrong, Like fuck this guy on every different level, freaking disgusting, But I am slightly impressed with his ingenuity, you know what I mean, Like his.
Speaker 1: D I d I Y what is that di y?
Speaker 2: Sex toys, Like his ability to create these things, and his thought process in behind it.
Speaker 1: Well, because his whole thing was like he could only get off. I might to say this later if he's inflicting pain on others, Yeah, see.
Speaker 2: That's weird and just wrong and fucked and.
Speaker 1: Set him up for this, I think probably, like really.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine being in that room and the mirror on the ceiling literally seeing every uh I'm painting a picture, and oh yeah.
Speaker 1: We might tell a picture. I will post pictures. I would go in that room like okay, after the facts.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was nasty after.
Speaker 1: Okay, gross, gross. That came out so wrong. I mean, after he was caught just to like look around and see what the fuck because like I loved, like just people's brains.
Speaker 2: What kind of kinks are you hiding?
Speaker 1: I'm not hiding anything, And that came out so wrong. But it's just like to go into like a crime scene after the fact, I think would be kind of interesting, you know, like I think I should have been a detected.
Speaker 2: I mean, any crime scene after the fact. I think going into this one it would be over fucking welling.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, guaranteed, like guaranteed.
Speaker 2: And when when was was this year that he was active? Story again?
Speaker 1: Well, he started in like the nineteen fifties, So one.
Speaker 2: Hundred thousand dollars to equip this trailer out in the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't actually know if it was like the equivalent to hundred gees. Is that hundreges? Is that how you could say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah now?
Speaker 1: Or if that was then, I honestly don't know that. They just said it was like value to that. It could have been he was like cap surd later on, so it could have been at that time that they were assessing the value. I don't know. That's one thing I don't know, gotcha. So the walls had diagrams showing different methods and techniques for inflicting pain.
Speaker 2: Holy fuck, this guy's thorough.
Speaker 1: There was also a wooden contraption used to bend over and immobilize his victims. He would use this to allow his dogs and sometimes friends to rape his victims.
Speaker 2: What the fuck.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to go into like a lot of detail regarding the dogs because like I don't know if you guys noticed the sorry, but like I'm a huge animal lover. But I'll just say like breeding musk was involved, and he had a German shepherd.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, That's what I was wondering. I'm like, hey, how the fuck is he gonna enable that? But the breeding musk? Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so you can like you can be yeah yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just not even going to moving on, moving on.
Speaker 1: Moving on. David sexually tortured, terrorized, and presumably killed many of his victims with these tools for like forty plus years while living in New Mexico.
Speaker 2: Whoa wait, forty plus years hotly, shit.
Speaker 1: Like a long ass time with the help of accomplishes or accomplished accomplishes. I like read so fast that I'm just like because like I guess, skid so into it. I also shit at pronouncing words too. Hey, you and me both were in it together, like.
Speaker 2: I said, we just dove into this, just like not knowing what we're doing. So here we are guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, So some of whom are alleged to have been several of the women he dated, including his last known girlfriend. I wasn't sure if it's like a girlfriend or a wife, because like, they weren't together very long. But then some things would refer to his girlfriend and some like I think he might have just called her a wife, but I don't think they're married. And her name is.
Speaker 2: Cindy Hendy, Cindy Hindy, Cindy Hindy, Cindy Hindy.
Speaker 1: Like that's quite a name, but I think her actual real name is Cynthia.
Speaker 2: I think he hated her.
Speaker 1: And she was a willing participant. And his daughter Jesse Ray.
Speaker 2: You said his name already, So.
Speaker 1: His accomplishes, am I saying that wrong? Still accomplice accomplishes, accomplice, accomplishes accomplice.
Speaker 2: You're saying accomplishes accomplishment.
Speaker 1: So their jobs. I'm just moving on. We're basically to his partners. Yeah, yeah, you'll never hear me say the word again. Basically bring him or help him attract women.
Speaker 2: Ah, those fucks.
Speaker 1: This is the thing because I think like being a woman like your spidey sense would go down like if another woman was.
Speaker 2: Involved, you know, I mean go down.
Speaker 1: Like say if like you were like being picked up or like out of bar and like and like you're you just wouldn't be as on edge if it was like another chick with the dude or like another chick saying like come over to my house or whatever.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Your spidy sense wouldn't be tingling because there's another female around it like it just I think you would just makes him feel more comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like I don't think you'd think that another chick would like say yeah for the shit, right, Well one.
Speaker 2: Would hope, but clearly.
Speaker 1: Clearly you just can't trust freaking anyone nowadays, like just don't like just don't people suck. David's type was young, clean and well built females. The younger the better, basically like the tighter the better. Ah this so if and this is something like I don't even have in there, but like if you couldn't find like young, then lots of times he would go they would go to like onto lesbians.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but that theory doesn't necessarily doesn't necessarily but because there's toys.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, this guy's this guy's stupid.
Speaker 2: He's stupid.
Speaker 1: So before torturing yeah, we hate him. Before torturing his victims, David would play an audio tape telling his victims exactly what he was going to do to them and what they would have to endure, like in detail. So this is the start of what would be played. I'm going to like the very beginning of it. If you want to listen, like, I'll have a few other clips and stuff, and if you want to listen to more, you can google it. But it's like close to an hour of your life that you'll just like never get back and.
Speaker 2: You'll probably regret listening to.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, I was doing chores while I was listening to this because I had to be distracted, Like, I listened to the whole thing. I'm not exactly sure if that was a good idea, but I did.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: This is the first This is basically the very beginning of his nasty motherfuckerself.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker itself.
Speaker 3: Hello there, bitch, Are you comfortable right now? I doubt it. Wrists and ankles, chained, gagged, probably blindfolded. You are disoriented and scared too, I would imagine perfectly normal under the circumstances for a little while. At least, you need to get your shit together and listen to the state. It is very relevant to your situation. I'm going to tell you in detail why you have been kidnapped, what's going to happen to you, and how long you'll be here. I don't know the details of your capture because this stape is being created. Twenty third nineteen ninety three is a general advisory tape for future female captives. The information I'm going to give you is based on my experience dealing with captives over a period of several years. If at a future date there are any major changes in our procedures, the tape will be upgraded. Now you're obviously here against your will, totally helpless, don't know where you're at, don't know what's going to happen to you. You're very scared or very pissed off. I'm sure that you've already tried to get your wrists and ankles loose. No, you can't. Now you're just waiting to see what's gonna happen next. You probably think you're gonna be raped, and you're fucking sure right about that. Our primary interest is in what you've got between your legs. You'll be raped thoroughly and repeatedly and every hole you've got because basically you've been snatched and brought here for us to train and used as a sex Sleeve's son kind of far out, I suppose it is to the uninitiated, but we do it all the time.
Speaker 2: What the fuck deep breasts say?
Speaker 1: After that?
Speaker 2: This dude knows what he's fucking doing too. There's so much psychological shit going on now, Like he's smart, he's he's intelligent, he's a fucking asshole, jack tard, every name I can think of under the sun. But he is playing so many mind games in that he's telling you exactly what you're feeling. He's telling you exactly what you've done, giving him control over you all ready before anything else even happens, Like saying you've already tried to get your hands and your feet loose. You can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like calm, yeah, no, like expression really and it's just oh like it's just like gross.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine being in that fucking room hearing that audio and this goes on for an hour.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like it's about like fifty minutes or so because and that's literally like two minutes and like yeah, he waits like because you're probably like unconscious or whatever, and he waits for you to like cone and yeah.
Speaker 2: Fuck this guy, Yeah, like holy shit, our primary interest is what you have between your legs. Fuck, my primary interest is his fucking brain being cream cheese on a fucking curb side. Yeah, fuck him.
Speaker 1: And like he also goes into I don't have that recorded or like a clip for it, but at after that's done, I think, like you're you have to do a questionnaire a questionnaire that he has, and you're literally like strapped to this table buck ass naked because he's like this is the process of like where he's getting to know your body and like he'll ask you questions about like if you've had a kid or like when your next period is and all the shit, Like it's like thorough.
Speaker 2: And what happens if they don't answer.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's going to Okay, Well, he has those electrode things, yeah, hip hooked to their nipples so he'll di zapt you wow, like wow, hey, Like I mean like I'm almost like so uncomfortable presenting this case. Like I was excited but it's also like terrified. They're just so like, ah, okay, so at a few other things we do another phone, another recording, but it was also so this is one thing. It was also explained that they would only refer to him as master and the woman as mistress, and to only speak unless spoken to first, So like say if you had a kid, or you'd be like, have you ever had a kid? Then you have to be like yes, Master, no Master, and like if you forget to say that master word, like the un you're fucked.
Speaker 2: Like you have to hauck off this guy. Wow, what an ass hat. I hate him.
Speaker 1: So the tape would go on to explain, Oh, you have something else to say to you.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't get like, I don't know what he deserves, but if he doesn't get what he deserves at the end of this podcast, I'm gonna be angry.
Speaker 1: He deserves to basically like be in that room tortured by like everyone he tortured. Yes, I agree, I think I think that would be the only thing that like would make this And I'm not saying that wouldn't even make it better.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking one at a time, all of them at the.
Speaker 1: Same time, yep, doing everything they want.
Speaker 2: Not playing a tape that they made. They're gonna play his own tape for him too, Yeah, and let him listen to his own fucking tape for an hour. They're going to fucking bend him over in that little wooden thing and put his own dog musk on his asshole. Oh my god, that's what's gonna fucking happen.
Speaker 1: Ohly, Okay. So the tape would go on to explain exactly how they would be raped and tortured like in detail. After he was finished with them, or has, as he would say, gets tired of them, he would either kill them or drug them with like a concoction in an attempt to erase their memories before abandoning them on the side of the road. And so here's another recording that kind of explains that, so that I don't have to say it now.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that you're a great little piece of ass, and you're going to be a lot of fun to play with, but I will get tired of you eventually. If I killed every bitch that we kidnapped, there'd be bodies strung all over the country. And besides, I don't like killing a girl. Unless it is absolutely necessary. So I've devised a safe alternate method of disposal. I had plenty of bitches to practice on over the years, so I've pretty well got it down pat and I enjoy doing it. I get off on mind games after we get completely through with you. You're going to be drugged up real heavy with a combination of sodium pentathol and phenobarbitol. There are both hypnotic drugs that will make you extremely susceptible to hypnosis, auto hypnosis and hypnotic suggestion. You're going to be kept drugged a couple days while I play with your mind. By the time I get through brainwashing you, you're not going to remember a fucking thing about this little adventure. You won't remember this place, us, or what has happened to you. There won't be any DNA evidence because you'll be bathed and both holes between your legs will be thoroughly flushed out. He'll be dressed, sedated, and turn loose on some country road, bruised store all over, but nothing that won't heal up in a week or two. The thought of being brainwashed may not be appealing to you, but we've been doing it a long time, and it works, and it's the lesser of two evils. I'm sure that you would prefer that in lieu of being strangled, they're having your throat cut.
Speaker 1: Okay, how was that for you?
Speaker 2: Well, there's the theory on him liking mind games. He just said he it's off on mind games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, he likes playing with your mind. And like he says that he doesn't like to kill bitches, but like he's also practiced, and so you can only like I can just only imagine like how many people like he's actually killed.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah for sure, But you know what I he's being as far as I can tell. I mean, who fucking knows he likes playing mind games. He's been pretty fucking honest in these tapes. He's saying it like it is though he is playing mind games, being he's suggesting to them and this sort of stuff. But he is being honest. So I kind of believe when he says he doesn't like to kill, he'll do it if necessary.
Speaker 1: He's also been experimenting to get this like perfect combination of drugs and stuff, so I imagine and because like experimenting like with those drugs is not like a safe situation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so there's I.
Speaker 1: Imagine there's been tons of people that have you know, fell through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the thing. He's probably experiment hing with the drugs, keeping them to see if it works, and then it doesn't work, then he's like, fuck, okay, kill her, get rid of her. Yeah, but now he's got to dialed in. He's like, I don't have to kill him anymore because that was just like a way of disposing him. I can dispose him another way where a body won't be found and they just don't remember, and it's a better way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is a crazy, fucked up It's so crazy because like my armpits are sweating, it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: That's just me on a normal basis. But like hypnosis, I'm really surprised that they can do that with the drugs because hypnosis even said it there, it's suggestion. It's a power of suggestion. That's what hypnosis is. It's you can't hypnotize someone to do something unless they would normally be willing to do it. Yeah, that's why you don't.
Speaker 1: Drugs are like allowing you to get to that state, yes, where it's then easy for him to do it. Yeah, so like he just he just has the snail.
Speaker 2: It's weird the amount of times he would have had to try and error this as me terrified.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, totally okay with that wondering did David ever get caught?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean, are you wondering? I'm not wondering, I know, but I'm wondering what the fuck happens?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, that brings us to our Badass of the Day. You know, we like badass, and bad ass is the day.
Speaker 2: We need like a like an audio to play like Badass of the Day explosions and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So this is a bit confusing because it's not his lady friend. This is Cynthia Vigil. So I'm going to like go by his lady friend as Sydney, and then this is like a victim Cynthia, Okay, David's last victim and the one who would lead to his capture. Good, yes, yes, we like her. Cynthia's story has started with David posing as an undercover police officer and approaching Cynthia in a parking lot, telling her that she was under arrests for prostitution and handcuffing her like she was at she prostitutes, like being a prostitute, putting her in his trailer, he took her to his toy box an elephant, butte New Mexico.
Speaker 2: Question, you already have a question I do. If he liked young and tight, why is he after a prostitute?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, right, there is like things in here that don't don't make a lot of sense. And because he also liked like in I think in his is in his tape that he said that like almost like teenagers.
Speaker 2: Fucking ros This dude's growing.
Speaker 1: But then a lot of like but we don't know, like you're making me have to say something I shouldn't yet we don't know, so and the ones that we do are are not like.
Speaker 2: You know, young gotcha?
Speaker 1: So yeah, anyway, anyway.
Speaker 2: Fuck this guy. That's a moral of this story. Fuck this guy.
Speaker 1: Fuck this mofo. Cynthia was held captive for three days, so she's actually kind of lucky. Really, Yeah, it's not like three months. That's what I was thinking, but that she's not lucky, but like it could have been longer. Yeah, on March twenty second, nineteen ninety nine, she was able to escape, so that like, remember he started this mid nineteen fifties and this is nineteen ninety nine geese to escape. She waited for David to head to work and then was able to unlock her chains as Sydney had left the keys on a nearby table before going into another room to take a phone call. Sometimes, because this was in the house, sometimes they had like the captives in the house. They weren't always in that trailer. After Cynthia got the keys, Sydney noticed her trying to escape and came to stop it. There was like obviously a struggle with Cindy breaking a lamp over Cynthia's head, which could have like knocked her right out. Which one's who again, Cindy is the when we hate Oh okay, Cynthia is the badass. Cynthia's So Cindy is an asshole and like broke a lamp over Cynthia the victim's head, But she persisted and ended up unlocking her chains and stabbed Cindy in the neck with an ice pick.
Speaker 2: Fuck like, Cynthia, yo, girl, get it?
Speaker 1: Like I love it? Cyndia or Cindy now the city?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cindy person on the scene.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, Okay, so Cindy Cindy the mofo was af and this left Cynthia able to escape. Awesome, So fleeing the scene completely naked, which is a visual and a half way. I mean, that's that's way better than being in there wearing a metal collar attached to a six foot chain like. Run down the road. Cynthia ran down to down. Sorry, I already said that. So she ran down the road, seeking help, which she was able to get from a nearby homeowner who took her in, confronted her, come, confronted her, sorry.
Speaker 2: For her, comforted, took her in, confronted her, what you doing out?
Speaker 1: He helped her, basically comforted her and called the police.
Speaker 2: I like, confronted her.
Speaker 1: I know I did. That came out kind of wrong. And then I was like, that doesn't make any sense. I gotta fix sen. So her escape led officials to David's toy room and investigated or instigated the capture of David and.
Speaker 2: His partners God yes yes.
Speaker 1: After the publicity surrounding the arrest, another victim named an A Jelica Angelica, Yes, Angelica, I first of it was Angela and Angelica and Ford saying Cindy had invited her over and that the couple had repeatedly raped and tortured her over the course of four days. Angelica was convinced they were going to kill her, but she begged for her life, saying that she she had young children at home and like her and Cindy were friends. So like, I guess this fucking affected Cindy. I don't know if she all of a sudden just decided to have a tiny bit of a heart and they let her go. She was apparently picked up while hitchhiking. Angelica like, it's crazy that she would actually go hitch hiking, Like I think you just never trust another soul in your life, but like you're in a situation where you have to like get home, right. So she was actually picked up by an off duty deputy and told the story to hit to this person. I actually don't know if it was a female or male, but the story was so crazy that the officer didn't believe her and thought she was making it up. So she left it at that and never reported it.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? Yeah, another one of these It was reported and someone just brushed it down. That is the biggest like like that theme going through these cases, Like it is it's a crazy story because this is crazy.
Speaker 1: But it's like, I mean, it's like your job. Maybe just like go there, like pay a little.
Speaker 2: Visit, just check it out, do your job.
Speaker 1: I mean he was off duty at the time.
Speaker 2: But so I don't know, maybe I have some dignity and human decency and actually care for someone to listen to that, like holy fuck.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, maybe she didn't seem like a very reputable person, but like still, I don't do people make up stories that they're just like tortured or rape for days.
Speaker 2: I'm sure some do, but it should be investigated regardless.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then there was a third victim named Kelly gret I think that's how you say it, and her stories are going wild. So she was found by coming forward after the FBI release some footage they had found dating back to nineteen ninety six showing a woman's strap to the gynecology table David had in his toy room. The woman, Kelly, had an identifying tattoo on her leg that the FBI was hoping someone would recognize, and sure enough, Kelly saw that video and knew that was her tattoo. She would apparently have nightmares of terrible things happening to her, but could never put any of it together. She just figured she was like having like weird nightmares of her being tied.
Speaker 2: Up and shit, like his brainwashing got so fucking deep. Who would have ever thought that's even possible.
Speaker 1: So she ended up having a lot of it like come back to her, able to come back to her. But yeah, like she like she didn't know, like she recognized his tattoo and was like, holy shit, like that's my that's my motherfucker tattoo.
Speaker 2: That situation of seeing yourself on a table like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tied up?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine what's real?
Speaker 4: That all?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I think I like, I think I would just like it didn't like the video didn't show anything like well it was like gross, but like he was just like touching her thigh and stuff like it didn't like, I mean, there may be even more to it, but ah, what they released wasn't.
Speaker 2: Like watching that happen. I bet she could like almost feel it fucking happening. Holy shit. Wow yep.
Speaker 1: So she later testified that she had gotten in a fight with her husband and decided to spend the night playing pool with friends. One of those friends was David's daughter, Jesse.
Speaker 2: Ray ah shit.
Speaker 1: When the night was over, Jesse offered to give Kelly a ride home, but said that she had to stop at her dad's house on the way home or on the way, which, like you would just never think that would be an issue.
Speaker 2: You're trusting a friend, Okay, you gonna stop your dad's cool?
Speaker 1: Cool, like right on, like right on, Like I would just think that would just never cross my mind that would be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, we're stopping your dad's place. Cool. By the way, is he a like serial rapist and murderer?
Speaker 1: Just by this you have like a toy box, like just making sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are questions you should always ask.
Speaker 1: So there you go, just like you're never gonna have another friend in your life.
Speaker 2: Right, moral of the story, we don't need friends. Fuck people listen to podcasts about people dying. That's what you did to time.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Okay. So once they were there, David and Jesse basically like confronted her, tied her up, and drugged her. Kelly had endured three days of torture and drugging, drugging for which she was only coherent for bits and pieces. When David was done with her. He dropped her off at home, saying he found her wandering along the lake Front beach and he was able to do this. And because I haven't mentioned this yet, but he was a park ranger, so he was like wearing his uniform, looking like irrespectable human being, and he was like just being a nice guy, like I found her wandering around like a state park, like here she is, dang.
Speaker 2: And then she doesn't report anything.
Speaker 1: Well because she didn't report because she had no idea, she didn't remember anything happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm not blaming her, That's what I mean. And that's his plan. And then and then she didn't report anything. So he's just continuing to be this quote unquote respectable individual when really he's actually the fucking scum to stuck to the shit on the bottom of your shoe that you stepped in.
Speaker 1: Yep, Like he's Nasty's nasty. So besides his partners of Jesse Ray and Cindy Hendy, there was also Dennis Roy Yancy, which leads us to another victim.
Speaker 2: Can we call him Dennis the Menace please? Okay? That made me happy.
Speaker 1: So the other victim is Marie Parker and I'm not certain about this, but some reports say that this was like Dennis the MENACE's girlfriend or like former girlfriend or something.
Speaker 2: I like how you're rolling with. Okay, just for the record, what was his actual name again?
Speaker 1: Dennis Roy Yancy.
Speaker 2: Okay, in case you guys need to look it up, there you go.
Speaker 1: But from here and out, Dennis the Menace. Because I have Google Dennis the Menace, you probably won't find him. So after raping and torturing Marie, David forced Dennis the Menace to murder her by strangling her. It's like, okay, ticket, seriously, should I stop saying Dennis the Menace? But yeah, you can get serious, like he just murdered someone in your life.
Speaker 2: He's just talking about Dennis the Menace.
Speaker 1: We have to get it together, Okay, Okay, I want to start giggling her. Okay, So dead the Menace?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's enough. Just Dennis, just.
Speaker 1: Dennis, Okay, So day would force him to murder like his girlfriend. They then buried her body in the desert. But when Dennis admitted this in questioning and like he would said he would go help them locate the body. Okay, I still am like, are.
Speaker 2: Keep it together?
Speaker 1: So they like Dennis said he would go help, like the I try to find Marie, right, like he knew he remembered where the hell they buried her, but when they went there, couldn't find her. Really, so they think David moved the body. The body like he was very good at covering all his tracks.
Speaker 2: Well, I hate to give him this credit, but he is smart. He's very intelligent. Clearly he's done his fucking homework. He's made sure he's covering his bases.
Speaker 1: No, so the FBI sent one hundred agents to examine David's property and surroundings, but no identifiable human regains were found. They never located a single body tied to David.
Speaker 2: Not one shit, not.
Speaker 1: One, which I think is crazy because he I mean, I say it later, but like it's upwards, like they think that he killed at least forty people like nothing.
Speaker 2: So let me get the straight. He has never had a charge for murder under his belt.
Speaker 1: No, we'll get there.
Speaker 2: But no, even though in the tape he talks about people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they never found a body, like they don't have the evidence.
Speaker 2: Right, Wow, Okay, I mean arguably he can find I know.
Speaker 1: I feel like that. Okay, I feel like that's just yeah, I know, I know I found that weird too, But anyway, we're gonna move on here, We're gonna move on from that. We'll talk about it again, Okay. And just one more touch point that I want to say has how careful he was is he had a journal that contained dozens of entries, dates, and the number of times he tortured each victim, but names were never associated, like he never wrote down their names or anything. A couple theories for where the bodies could be, being that he's a park ranger, he had access to a lot of private areas that were like off the beaten path potentially right and Elephant Butte Lake, which was right near his home, is the largest body of water New Mexico, covering over forty acres, So it's like basically impossible to search the whole lake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm assuming it's probably got some pretty deep spots too, where, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Very deep spots, because they did find a map of the lake in his home and there was an ex labeled yeah, but they had no luck finding like a body. Jeez, Like just crazy, but.
Speaker 2: Knowing him, that could have been something to lead him completely off the trail.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, yeah, because the and this wasn't another I don't remember exactly a video or something. Cindy did say like he knew what to do for making sure the bodies like stayed underwater. But then if he knew what to do, that means like he must have experimented. So I don't know, it's just crazy that like he just is. There's just no body ever found, Like it's just crazy, like just crazy.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: So that basically brings us like to the convictions. Dennis was convicted of second degree murder and of conspiracy to commit first degree murder and was sentenced to two fifteen year prison terms. But you might have a question that I'm an answer. Okay, this seems like a like a harsh sentence.
Speaker 2: Possibly right, yes, because my hand is literally but.
Speaker 1: He pleaded guilty in court. He pleaded guilty. A speculation that David had something to do with that he was like manipulating him behind bars, like he got a note that basically said something like rats don't do well in prison. So instead of like you know, saying not guilty because I don't think that he necessarily deserved thirty years in prison, yeah, he just pleaded guilty. Because he was scared shitless of David, so he got a freaking murder charge. Wow, okay, okay, Cindy, oh oh oh yeah. This leads me to my other clip. I have a short clip to play from an interview she did that aired on the Discovery Channel.
Speaker 2: I think it was okay.
Speaker 1: She had only been date with David for under a year when he was caught, but she knew like a lot and didn't do anything to stop it. But I was like, it's surprising, like he had other lady friends, I think, right. So he apparently told her he had killed at least one girl year for forty years, so that's like the forty Yeah. And though that scared her, it also interested her to get to know a serial killer, which I'm like, oh my god, you could just like run with the fucking hills. But okay, weren't.
Speaker 2: You saying something like that the other day. You'd like to meet a serial killer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not like date Oh sorry, but not like date one and live with one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Maybe like if they're behind bars, and I just got to be like, wow, Dick, you're freaking weird.
Speaker 2: You're freaking weird. That's another t shirt from the Coole that were gonna get made one day. You're hi, You're freaking weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's here's Cindy's clip.
Speaker 4: What did you think doing these things to other women? I had no remorse at the time. It was like a slow motion. I was there and I don't think I had any failing one way or the other. I didn't hate Cindy. I just didn't know her.
Speaker 2: And you were not horrified.
Speaker 4: No, nothing durssic was happening. There was no blood or she wasn't being beat to a pulp or anything, you know. So was there to be horrified over?
Speaker 2: What's there to be horrified over? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like gross?
Speaker 2: Fuck her so much?
Speaker 1: To be horrified over? Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Fuck her?
Speaker 1: Anyway, So, Cindy was also manipulated by David Wall in jail and recanted her confession, saying she made it all up because she did like a full on confession. She was sentenced in two thousand for her roles in the abduction and torture of Cynthia and Angelica, receiving thirty six years behind bars, but after serving half her sentence, Cindy, it's now a free bird.
Speaker 2: Of course she's a free bird.
Speaker 1: But I mean eighteen years Ah, I don't know, she.
Speaker 2: Should be locked up. That's not very long time. Yeah, she should also be put in the toy box and all those victims that she was involved in.
Speaker 1: Because at first I was kind of like, Okay, maybe she's not like a terrible person. But then when I read or listened to that, I was like, actually, you are I her.
Speaker 2: People can just recan't confessions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, well, because I don't know, like he got to her too while.
Speaker 2: She was Yeah, but even still, like imagine going into work one day, going up to your boss in their face and be like, hey, fucked tart, fuck you your piece of shit, and then going to work and then your boss an hour later calls you in the office and be like, look, we gotta fire you. And you're like, why, well, listen what you said to me earlier. That's unacceptable. Oh I take that back.
Speaker 1: It's okay, I know, but like in court, you can just take.
Speaker 2: Shit back, right like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Which is crazy?
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't take back raping those people. You can't take back murdering those people. Why can you take that back?
Speaker 1: So as her Jesse, the daughter her father actually offered to plead guilties to certain charges in order to get her like released, So she served two and a half years in jail. But that we know of, she was only like involved with Kelly. But I mean, like that we know of.
Speaker 2: You know she was.
Speaker 1: She's probably crazy too. So we're almost wrapping up here. I know this is like a bit of a longer episode than we usually have, but like I didn't want to stop it and make you guys like have to wait a day because like we need to disclose this. Yeah, it just needs to be closed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't want to drag this on.
Speaker 1: Okay. So that and so they were just it brings us to David. So he was convicted in two thousand and one. I don't think you're going to be happy then.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm going to be either.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay. There were numerous trials, but in the end, David was sentenced to over two hundred years in prison for his offenses of abduction and sexual torture.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: But David never admitted to any murders, though in two thousand and two he let authorities know he was willing to talk, okay, but our meeting was scheduled, but David died of a heart attack before it took place.
Speaker 2: Fucking serious.
Speaker 1: He served a total of three years of his two hundred and twenty four year sentence.
Speaker 2: Fucking kidding me, he died. I'm fucking glad he's dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know likely people didn't want that, Like there was even the victim saying like you know, like maybe execute or whatever, but like they wanted him to like suffer. Yeah, and like he just where's the just where just dies? And he was just about I think to probably maybe even admit to more. Who knows. Yeah, like there's bodies, there's I don't know, Like there's so much that's just never going to be known now. I think they can't find a single body or nothing.
Speaker 2: I really hope he's in a fucking toy box in a place that's fucking burning for the rest of his fucking eternity. Yeah, and he's got some little fucking minion zoning around doing exactly what he had done to those girls.
Speaker 1: There is like a website that has a whole bunch of like pieces of jewelry and stuff that you can look at to see like if you like recognize it of like maybe I loved ones or something, because yeah, they're just like what did they do? You know?
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll link that link in the show notes here. Do you have that website?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I saved it, but I can find it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll see if you can put it down below.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so that's the story.
Speaker 2: Of the toy box asshole.
Speaker 1: The toy box Killer and Dennis the Menace. Yeah, but he's called the killer but yeah, they think it's not charge with any murder, so he is a killer.
Speaker 2: He's clearly a fucking killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dennis the Menacing. Goodness for that because that was a little bit of camp really for everyone a little bit.
Speaker 2: You were literally crying, you were laughing.
Speaker 1: I was crying. Yeah, it was. It was perfect.
Speaker 2: Well that was a good well not a good episode, but uh, well done on the research and delivery.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you well with that makes you guys stay wicked.