Speaker 1: Hey, how's it going. My name's Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to listener tales from Wicked.
Speaker 2: And Grim bonus episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is an official episode by any means. It's sorry, it is not. I kind of stumbled that it is not an official episode. This is just listener tales. So those people who are out there who are awesome, who listen to our show submitted some creepy ass shit they have been through and we're going to read that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm very intrigued, so am I.
Speaker 1: I want to know what your reaction is to some of these because they're kind of creepy.
Speaker 2: Have you read through all of them already? Well?
Speaker 1: I have, because I mean I had to select for today. We got it quite a bit. I couldn't go through and do all of them. So what we have, they're they're they're pretty, they're pretty, uh well, I don't want to give it away. I'll just leave it at that. They're they're interesting, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: They're spooky, legit things that have happened to some of our listeners.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I feel like I already got goosebumps here.
Speaker 1: And then if there is time I might share a little bit of a story at the end of your own of my own, so we'll see. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: I'm ready, You're ready.
Speaker 1: Okay. So for listener tales, we are starting off here with Cheyenne or Shy. I'm not going to be sharing any last names from anyone, just to keep personal information quiet.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: But Shy has sent us this. She says, this is the time I dated a murderer.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, starting out strong there, right.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to read verbatim what Cheyenne wrote. So imagine me as cheyennecause she wrote this in the first person. Yes, I was fifteen years old, a sophomore at high school in South Florida, and a little confused about where my life was heading. As most of us were in high school, I was depressed and I experimented with drugs often. Picture up a tet, one hundred pound, light skinned girl who only wore black and had dyed colorful hair, that listens into heavy metal rock music and carried around a set of drumsticks. I met a guy named David, and he was a little older than me. I think at the time he was eighteen nineteen. We met at the civic Center that was ten minutes walking distance from my house. He was friends with my ex for girlfriend, who was still friendly with me, and his brother was my friend as well. We gravitated towards each other like moths to a flame. We had this deeply misunderstood feeling about ourselves and that was one of the things that really brought us together. We spent every day together for months. He would wait for me by my house as I walked home from school, or he would wait at the bus stop for me when I decided to take the bus. We would smoke weed and do a couple of other things together. Once I brought him home, my mom said she didn't like him, but wouldn't intervene in my relationship. We broke up shortly after him meeting my mom and family because he was going to the Army and I was going through some mental health issues that made it difficult to focus on someone else in the relationship. One day, I stopped seeing him around the neighborhood. I questioned it, but didn't think anything of it until I saw him on the news one night. David Smith not his real last name, arrested for murder. I was stunned and shocked. Wow, my mouth dropped open, and I swear you could hear it hit the floor. I was completely confused. I instantly took my phone out and googled it. He and a roommate were arrested for murdering their landlord.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The landlord was bound, gagged, beaten, and rolled up in a rug and tossed in the canal in the back of the house with a box of his belongings. They murdered the elderly landlord. Oh my gosh, I think he was in his seventies because they didn't want to pay rent. I was disgusted and appalled, but I could now say I dated a murderer.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine seeing your ex on the news only to find out that they killed someone while you're dating them?
Speaker 2: Oh? Were they together? But yeah, at the time of the.
Speaker 3: Murder, well, I believe so, or maybe it was afterwards, though I don't know how well.
Speaker 1: I mean she did say sometime later, so actually it could have been that they committed it afterwards.
Speaker 3: Right, But still that he had it in him, yes, to commit murder and you were dating him? Yes, Yes, that is very unnerving. Yeah, I think I would have trouble sleeping and wondering.
Speaker 1: I would be thanking my lucky stars as it ended when it did.
Speaker 3: Actually that too, because yeah, if you were still dating, could you imagine eh hitting?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's going to be something that we can beat? Well, I'm not going to compare them to each other, but I mean that that that's setting the bar high as all that is very.
Speaker 2: Much so, because yeah, that doesn't it gets I would struggle with that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But also like you're being on the positive side, like shit, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she got out.
Speaker 2: I got out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no longer associating with this motherfucker. I mean it's terrible that he Really you're going to fucking murder your landlord because you don't want to pay rent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, there's no way that you're you're going to get away with that, Like.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? Yeah, And of all the reasons to kill someone, I think killing just for the sake of killing is a better reason than I don't want to pay rent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not that.
Speaker 3: Either a good reason though if they were on drugs or something at the time when they were doing it, or oh, potentially right or under some influence of something. Still, I mean, that's no reason whatever, But no.
Speaker 1: Reason is a good reason. No, Holy, okay, all right on to the next one. So well, I mean I should say, first and foremost, thank you Shy for sending that in. That's a crazy story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we appreciate you sharing that with us. Wow.
Speaker 1: And next up we have Wendy. So Wendy has this to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's hear what's Wendy got to say?
Speaker 1: Well, this is what Wendy is. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, do I want to know?
Speaker 1: She says this and again, reading verbatim. We lived in an older apartment above a bar closed for years on the south side of Milwaukee. We always heard weird noises at all hours, and my fiance was actually touched in the attic. We went to bed one night and fell asleep fairly quickly. I woke up in the middle of the night because I heard something in the living room. Both of us have insomnia, so it's not unusual for one of us to wake up and go to the other room to read or play video games or whatever. I looked down to the bedroom door and saw a dark figure outside the bedroom door and heard shuffling noises.
Speaker 2: Gosh.
Speaker 1: I of course thought it was my fiance, so I yelled at him to be quiet and come back to bed. No response. I repeated it and got no response again, so I simply said, we'll just be quiet please. I rolled over to go back to sleep and rolled into my fiance, who had never left the bed. I got instant chills and covered my head with the blanket and shut my eyes while trying to get as close to him as possible. I eventually fell back to sleep. Creep me out big time and is something I will never forget.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The fact that you just like we're able to go back to sleep is mind blowing, right.
Speaker 2: I just think if that was.
Speaker 3: Me, I'd be like, Ben, wake the fuck up, like we're out. That's terrifying. I'd be terrified.
Speaker 1: I'm what, Okay, I'm curious, Wendy, shoot us another message. Do you think it possibly could have been like a nightmare of sorts? Do you know you were awake? Because I know insomnia can sometimes like mess with an individual's mind, like sleep paralysis and stuff. So is it possible that it was a dream? Yeah, I mean I doubt it. I'm pretty sure she's she's certain, but I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: We're assuming this is a ghost right of sorts, and not like a burglar.
Speaker 1: I'm well, I'm assuming she didn't say that she was.
Speaker 3: Robbed, yeah, or just someone breaking in though, like's, oh my gosh, I don't know either way, that's too much. Yeah, i'd be terrified. And the fact that you went back to sleep like, well.
Speaker 1: Done, no shit, But I do have to give her credit. I mean, putting the covers over your head, that does solve a lot of problems.
Speaker 2: That protects you from anything, right.
Speaker 1: Nothing's getting through that barrier.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So yeah, dark figure in the hallway. I'm surprised that your fiance didn't wake up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, honestly, would you though you're pretty heavy sleeper at times? Touche to sche like there's been oh yeah, I have literally like we live in African tiny house and I remember Kiwi barfing up top and are loft and me like coming downstairs. I even actually fucking turned the light on and I'm like trying to clean this up, and you were just like either you're pretending because you didn't want to help, or you were sleeping.
Speaker 1: No, I have no recollection of such event. So I was out.
Speaker 2: Because it was the middle of the night, and I accidentally turned the loft light on. Huh, and that didn't even wake you. I was a little surprised. Huh.
Speaker 1: Interesting with my face covered by the blankets, because again, that barrier protects you from everything.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't recall all right.
Speaker 1: On to the next one here, So we got Laurie who sent this one in. This story takes place back in nineteen six in the nineteen sixties, Okay, when I was a little girl. I'm the youngest of three girls when this happened. I was three years old, my next sister, Christy was and my oldest sister, Roxanne, was eight. It was Halloween and we were all dressed and ready to go out trick or treating. The three of us had never been allowed to go out on our own, so Roxanne was doing some major pleading with our folks, and she was old enough to take us and be responsible for us. We had a specific route we had to stick to, and they agreed on a time when we had to be back home. We had been out for about an hour when we ended up approaching this house. We walked on the front porch, rang the bell and waited. After a while, a guy opened the door. We yelled trick or treat, giddy with excitement. The guy opens the door a little more and we see a gorilla chained up in the corner of the living room to the wall. He's jumping up and down and pulling on the chain. The guy at the door says, it's okay, he's not getting out of those chains. What. At that moment, the gorilla breaks the chain and charges towards the door. Oh my gosh, directly at the three of us. At this point, I don't really remember much. My oldest six sister, Roxanne, grabbed me and my other sister and we ran down the driveway as fast as we could. As we were fleeing, the gorilla had come out the door and was chasing after us. As we got across the street, the gorilla stops, takes off its head and yells, hey, girls, come back, It's just a joke.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Okay, I'm like, this is freaking terrifying.
Speaker 1: Which she says, which was the farthest thing from our minds. Me and my sister Christy were crying and totally terrified. We were about four blocks from home, which meant nothing to us as we ran the entire way home.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: After we got home, it took quite a while for us to calm down enough to tell our folks about what just happened. When we realized I did not even have my Halloween candy bag. I must have dropped it as we're seeing for our lives. Just then, my father told my sister Roxanne to show him the house. My father was on a mission to find those guys and give a good ass chewing, which he did. When they came back, he now had my candy bag, saying, I bet they never do that again. To this day, fifty seven years later, I can't even look at a gorilla, real or fake without being totally terrified. Every time the three of us get together, this story always comes up. We all can laugh about it now, but that was not the case years ago. Roxanne still swears to this day that she wasn't scared and knew it was all fake along, which Christie and I totally disagree with. She was just as scared as we were. That is terrifying and hilarious. I'm sorry it happened.
Speaker 2: It's a bit hilarious, but those people probably went a bit too far. Definitely can go too far. Oh shit like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially this being in the in the sixties where it's like this sort of stuff. I don't think me mind you, I wasn't alive then, I don't think this sort of stuff would have been occurring too much, Like Halloween wasn't as big of a horrifying, terrifying thing, I don't think from my perspective. But but yeah, could you imagine fucking gorilla chained up chasing you like that?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and it'cessially like at first to be like so alarmed that this person has a gorilla in their freaking house, no kidding, and then it, oh, it's not going to get loose, and then this thing gets loose, like I would actually probably piss myself, especially if you're three years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding. I could like I could see okay, playing the prank of like oh, it gets out and then you close the door, but like chasing you down the fuck yeah driveway and street, that is way too excessive.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 3: I have actually had some times though, like trigger trading, where people have jumped out and scared you, and I mean, yeah, I just don't even know if you could get away with that nowadays necessarily.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just have to have inflatable blow up shit in your yard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Oh my gosh, I think if something like that were to happen nowadays, I think it would be more than just someone getting yelled at. I think like cops would probably be involved, probably most likely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my gosh, that is a story.
Speaker 1: Now, that is quite the story. Thank you Laurie for sharing.
Speaker 2: That, and I am curious though a follow up question? Did you go trick or treating the next year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Have you gone trick or treating since ever? Again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Holyh and was.
Speaker 1: That Halloween candy worth it? Our next one here comes from Hannah to start. I don't really believe in a whole lot of paranormal slash ghost phenomena, but I really got to say, what happened to me really makes me question my whole belief system. I need to give a little back story though, before I get into it, so bear with me. At the time of the event, I'm eight years old. Kids are creepy and always seeing weird shit, so makes sense my godmother was someone that I saw occasionally, maybe like once a year, When I would visit her, sometimes her best friend surely would be with her. I only met Shirley a couple times, but from what I remember, she was a sweet old woman. During this time, she had a heart attack and was put into a medically induced coma. However, I was not aware of this whatsoever. Like I said, I only met her a couple of times, so it wasn't really urgent news. Or sorry, it wasn't really urgent news to inform a little eight year old me this. Now, just keep all that in mind and let's get into the actual story. Allow me to set the scene. My friend Eric and I are hanging out in her front yard of our suburban neighborhood, the good old days before phones and iPads. Right, We were playing a little game we called Sweet and Sour. So the premise of it goes, we literally just stand on the sidewalk outside wave at cars. If they wave back, they're sweet, they don't, they're sour. Okay, yeah, you get the point. It was probably around four PM, so the sun was still up and shining. We played this game for about an hour, waving at cars and cheering if they waved back. Most would, some wouldn't, and somehow that entertained us. After some time, a light brown, older looking car came around the corner. We did our usual process, smiling and waving. The car slowed down drastically and rolled unnervingly close to us along the sidewalk. My first thought was, uh, oh, my parents wore me about things like this. But then as a car rolled directly in front of us, a reassuring feeling swept over me. Just about three feet away from me was my grandmother's friend. Surely, we waved back, and the car drove off down the street until out of view. I immediately looked over at Erica and said, I think that was my godmother's friend. Think her name is Shirley. We both shrugged and continued on our game until I was called home for dinner. I had completely disregarded the event and basically forgot that it happened that night. The next evening, while eating dinner with my dad my brother, my dad informed us that our godmother's best friend died. She had a heart attack about a week prior and sadly passed away last night Nacoma. This utterly baffled me. How could this be possible? I literally just saw her driving around last night, with a mundane event now becoming extremely puzzling. I immediately told my dad what had happened. At first, he thought I must have been confused. She had been in Nacoma for over a week. Maybe I just saw someone that looked like her. I insisted it was her, describing her appearance to a tea. Then I recounted the car she was driving. Granted, in a few times that I met her, I had never seen her car. My dad's face went white when he said there was an old, light brown car. He told me that's her car. As much as I had questioned myself, I know what I saw. Even more compelling is the fact that Erica saw her too. I don't know if it was a spirit, a ghost, or something else, but it was her. It wasn't scary or chilling or anything that you'd expect from a ghost. I felt kind of endearing. I've tried to wrap my brain around why Shirley would visit me. I only met her so many times, but I like to think that she must have just really taken a liking to me. Regardless, I am honored to have been her final goodbye.
Speaker 3: There you go literal goost bumps. Yeah, that story actually gave me goost bumps.
Speaker 1: It is chilling. Like, if there's one word that I have for this, it's haunting. And I don't mean that in like a negative sense, but it's like it's calming and haunting. It's just wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I kind of find it a little bit nice. Yeah, I don't know, in the sense that she had.
Speaker 3: Passed and that she was just I don't know then moving on to like living or not living. How it would be the word carrying on in a way that she'd want to like cruising around in her vehicle and yeah, and saying goodbye and just like happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was not a sour person, right, she was one of the sweet ones.
Speaker 1: She was a sweet not a sour Yeah like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So and that game Oxay is really cool. That is that is a cool game, And I think it would be interesting to play that.
Speaker 3: And I feel like as the years pass though, there'd be more and more sour people just because people are so distracted and stuff nowadays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, but wow, I like that one. I don't know, I don't find that alarming at all. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Well, and I do want to point this out too. Here At the very last, she goes on to say, thanks for reading my story, and I hope you guys found it interesting as always, Stay Wicked, and she spelt stay with five whys.
Speaker 2: Stay Wicked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your little thing there's catching on. It's like your thing, now, stay.
Speaker 2: Wicked, Stay Wicked. Our next merch off to be like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, just be like real small letters and the entire thing is just filled with whys. And then at the end just little letters again, Wicked, Wicked. It's like stay and then just like hundreds of whys.
Speaker 2: Keep it Like, how cool was this? Thank you for sending in these stories.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you guys so much. And if you were up for it, I'm going to read a little bit of a story myself. Yeah yeah, yeah, ready for it.
Speaker 2: We got time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to keep this short though, but this is a story of a reoccurring nightmare I had when I was about five or six years old, okay, and I had this dream I think probably about six times and it was exactly the same every time.
Speaker 2: And have I heard of this?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you have I've told I know I've told you, but whether you listened or not, it's another.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, because I never listened to you. I mean yeah, I mean sometimes hashtag married life.
Speaker 1: I love you, babe. Okay. So yeah, this is I reoccurring nightmare.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, as it starts out, I'm walking down a sidewalk with my friend. We're both not like five years old anymore, though, we're probably somewhere in the vicinity of like, I don't know, maybe eighteen years old, somewhere in that time range, maybe even like early twenties. But we're walking down a sidewalk, a concrete sidewalk, and it's odd because we both grew up as neighbors on a dirt road. We'd ride our bikes in the dirt road, go in the forest, play with sticks, so on and so forth. So this concrete city, kind of small town setting was not normal. Right. So we're walking down the sidewalk and it's kind of dusk, the light is barely on the horizon, sky's getting dark, and we were walking home, and of course, just like any classic nineties teenage horror movie for Halloween, we take a shortcut through a graveyard yep. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but at the hat age, would you have known this sort of thing that graveyards are creepy and stuff?
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest, I think this part was influenced by hocus Pocus. Maybe, I think, huh so, But I don't even know if hocus Pocus was around that. Hocus Pocus is nineteen ninety nine, so no, I would have been before that.
Speaker 3: So no, it's not yeah wow, okay, So I'm like, what were you watching at five years old?
Speaker 1: I don't know. But anyways, cut through a graveyard and we're walking through the graveyard and it's got the classic like of wrought iron fences, and this one's like six feet tall, and one of those rods had fallen off. It was loose, and I had like almost like a spear head at the tip, and it was kind of like a spear shape, and I was using this thing as like a walking stick hiking through the graveyard. We get about halfway when all of a sudden, the ground begins to shut her and shake, and it begins to open up, and it opens up across the graveyard. Big cracks form and in front of graves, and though no one was coming up out of their graves. There was a very light green hue light, and I know that they were coming alive from their resting place. Now there was one that emerged in their grave right in front of us. And the one that emerged was probably about a one year old infant, Oh my god, probably even younger if I like, very very young. So this individual had passed away, but they were still quite fresh, if I'm being honest, completely like gaunt and white, but they weren't rotted yet. So definitely dead.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but hadn't been deceased for that long of it.
Speaker 1: Or they've been deceased, they just haven't rotted. It's very strange, Like I can look at them, I can very vividly remember them. They're definitely dead. Their eyes are complete white, bloodshot, skin white like it can see veins running across their skin. But they're not rotted. Okay, So anyways, this thing or child or used to be child sits up and is looking at us, doesn't say anything, It just looks at us. My friend is frozen solid and panic and I just out of reflex, I just hit it right and it just looks at me again. So I take this wrought iron that I've been using as a walking stick, and I jab it into its eye. All of a sudden, puss begins to like spew out of its eye.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And this green light that was emitting from underneath the ground begins to swirl and almost a tornado effect around it.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: And though it doesn't speak, I hear its voice out loud say you killed him, and then it sucks him back into the ground and I wake up. Wow, that was a reoccurring dream I had when I was about five years old.
Speaker 2: Have you ever looked into this stream because a lot of times dreams they say that they are trying to tell you something or their meaning or things in there mean something, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what that would mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it meant that I ate too much candy before bad who knows.
Speaker 2: Maybe it meant you had a very overactive imagination, which could be the case.
Speaker 1: I definitely do have an overactive imagination.
Speaker 3: But still to have that more than once is terrifying. Yeah, and like you haven't had that as an adult or anything.
Speaker 1: No, but I very vividly remember it.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I've never dreamt of it, but I can, like in my mind I can picture almost like frame for frame, like a movie. I can picture it. I can see it.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you feel about going through graveyards?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Mean they're creepy the graveyards, don't get me wrong. But yeah, no, it's fine. It's a graveyard.
Speaker 2: A lot of people actually find graveyards very peaceful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 3: Like, there's many people, and I'm actually kind of one of them, like I I find I mean, if I was in one at night, probably not so much. But like there was a route that I used to take where we used to live a few houses back. Actually that went through a graveyard and I lost I like, I yeah, it was like calming.
Speaker 1: Like like it was like calming.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get it out and it wasn't coming out properly fair enough.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so yeah, I just wanted to add my little, my own little story there at the end. But thank you guys so much for sharing your listener tales. Sorry we couldn't involve all of them in the show. I'm going forward. We might we might do some listener tales a little more often.
Speaker 2: M HM was fun.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed that, but don't get confused. This is not a full on episode. We're not going to sit here and say we're going to substitute listener tales for a regular episode. Once in a while. We might just throw them in as a little bonus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is just a hallow and weak bonus.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyways, we're going to get back to doing all the Halloween week goodness. So until we get back to a normal.
Speaker 2: Episode, stay Wicked, Stay Wicked. Day Day Wicked, Stay Wicked, Stay Wicked, Stay Wicked.