Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Reality TV Cringe. I am one of your hosts, Delia here with my real tight homegirl and my daughter a little everybody. We are here to talk the season premiere. Oh my got of season nine oo La La of Sister Wives. So excited you couldn't stop us if you tried. If there was no internet, if there was no camera, we would still be here. I would be drinking and we would be screaming into the void about Cody Brown, who is just getting balder and balder. Girl. I mean, did you see him at the black Jiant table with his curls falling in front of his face and all of these acres and acres of skin on his head.
Speaker 2: And that's what Robin gets to fuck every day.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your life, beb girl. Well, before we get into it, we do have to issue a disclaimer. Please, how'd your wife and hyda kids? This is a politically incorrect podcast. We say a lot of bad words, we have stupid opinions, and we're stubborn about it. Yeah. So with your said ay, you might want to find yourself another's bibe. But if you're ready to party and talk about some Mormonism, welcome to this stumpster.
Speaker 2: And if you are down to party with us, be sure to follow us on Instagram at reality tv Grinch and join us on Patreon, patroon dot com slash reality TV Grine. That's where the real parties. We are starting Smothered Girl in October, and that shit is crazy, and we are wrapping up the entire fourth season of Couple's Therapy. And we've been having so much fun with Couples Therapy. I feel so smart.
Speaker 1: When I talk about psychology. So we're having a gay old time, especially her, she's gay. So definitely join us on Patreon, and if you are watching on YouTube, please don't forget to like and comment and share and subscribe because everything you do helps us to attract raccoons into the dumpster. And so thank you Inidviann, thank you all right, Before we get into the episode, I did have like a little tidbit of something I had heard about from the Sister Wags universe, which concerns Janelle, my favorite. Oh yeah, your favorite. Apparently she put up Garrison's town home. Yeah, for sale. I saw that. I guess it's for sale for like four hundred and twenty five thousand dollars in Flagstaff. It is going up for I guess one hundred thousand more than he paid for it, and so we'll see if it sells. I hope that it does. I think that's kind of the last little bit of it for her to resolve before she can maybe fully be in North Carolina. I don't know, probably, but I hope she gets the proceeds of that sale. Me too. I can't help but being a despicable raccoon and wandering to myself, is Cody going to get any of that money? Dude? He might, He might be fighting for it.
Speaker 2: I could see Cody Brown fighting for it. I really could.
Speaker 1: No, I just can't imagine that Garrison, who was in the military, wouldn't have been exceedingly crystal clear about who his beneficiaries were. Yeah, but then, like just a couple of years previous, he had an okay relationship with Cody. So I don't know. I don't know girl yet. It's not for us to speculate bo we.
Speaker 2: Will no, Yeah, and we might find out about it in twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we are still in twenty twenty two for season nineteen. And you know why he started. We say this all the time. I mean, it's not like we haven't all cried about it before, but it's really exhausting.
Speaker 2: It's actually bullshit. In my opinion, I think it's stupid. Like I understand being like, you know, a year behind, like nine months behind. Sure, totally understandable. You got a film or whatever, two whole years though, Like, why are we seeing Christine date David? Why are we seeing Michelsey with her big ass pregnant belly.
Speaker 1: In her interstitials in her talking head. She's got this stupid pillow acting as if she's still pregnant even though she's I don't know, one hundred pounds less now than she was back then. What the fuck? It's like such a big middle finger to the entire audience because we know what's going on, but they won't, like just do the right thing. No, they won't show us what's going on now now. They did address at the top of the episode the tragic loss of Garrison. Yeah, and I had heard, and I think some of you have as well, that they are going to, I think, show the aftermath of what happened with Garrison at the end of this season. Okay, And so I was wondering to myself self. Does that mean that we're going to bring the whole timeline for the show up into twenty twenty four by the end of this season, please? But you know what, we're not going to I don't think so, because they showed us the whole Asque wedding special of Christine. Yeah, and then now we're going all the way back to the beginning of the courtship. I'm like why, I don't understand why.
Speaker 2: Like do people want to see this? Like I don't want to see it, don't I don't care. I would like to be a little bit more present, because it's like, I'm mad at Cody Brown for how he's acting right in these interstitials, but like, this is twenty twenty two Cody Brown that we're seeing, Like.
Speaker 1: This is no, it's not this is a more recent Cody Brown, because it's a more recent Mary. Mary is a lot thinner. She lost weight within the last six months, so her on the Couch interviews are probably within the last three months, which makes me think that some of the couch interviews with Cody and also Janelle are also more recent. That's my thought. I don't know about all of them, see some of them look a little recycled. But some of them I do think, based on the curling, based on the balding, and also frankly, based on his attitude, they do seem to be a bit more recent. That's just my opinion. What do y'all think? Really?
Speaker 2: I thought his attitude was still season eighteen Cody Brown, we'll still because.
Speaker 1: She was crying a little bit and he was talking about his vision that is no more. He was talking about how he doesn't have faith and he praised different So I don't know, I don't know. I think that some of these interstitials are a bit more modern twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: But then that's like the other thing that's stupid is like, if you're gonna film modern interstitials, why are we reacting to old footage? Then? Like, why can't we have the current footage match with the current interstitials?
Speaker 1: Makes no sense? Well, like even in this episode, Mary says, you know, last week we had the final conversation Cody and I and they show her at the picnic bench on Coyote Pass having the conversation. At least, I don't know, sixty or seventy pounds heavier than one week later, right now on the couch, No like that's what they're treating us, like we're dumb. Yeah, and I hate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really stupid because if you know, the fan base, like everybody is picking apart every single minute part of footage, So like, come on, like, why.
Speaker 1: Can't we just catchall We'll but be here now. Yeah, wherever you go, there you are, and right now you're in a dumpster. Bit I'm here, honey s watching season nineteen. Yeah, and this is what we got, so yeah, let's celebrate it and let's get into it all right.
Speaker 2: We start off with Robin and Cody at Coyote Pass, which I thought was kind of interesting because they're trying to figure out what the fuck to do with all this land, and Cody wants to sell it.
Speaker 1: He's like, this place is horrible.
Speaker 2: It gives me bad memories, makes me angry, and Robin's.
Speaker 1: Like, put the dream. I missed the family who of the dream. Every night, before I lay my head on my pillow, I envision my house right over there, and Janelle's house right over there, and Mary's then I guess Chris, but she's still trying to get us to believe that she believes in the dream. And I don't think she does, no way. She also talks about the loan. Did you catch that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did kind of mention that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She says if they don't pay it off by a specific date, which I want to say, was that my years are blending together. I think that was this summer right that they paid it off or was it last summer? Did they pay it off entirely? Yeah, they all paid it off. I think maybe it was last summer, but they paid it off, so this was filmed right before that. But she calls their contract stupid. Yeah, which I thought was interesting owner financing. This developer or this owner has agreed to sell you these parcels of land, and you're supposed to make payments. I would presume toward the principle and ultimately pay it off by a certain date. That was the agreement. But it's stupid to you because you're stupid and you don't know what creative financing is, and you've never had to get your own mortgage. Well, I guess you did season four. But yeah, but she doesn't want anything about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's silly because I'm like every single financing thing that they have done. The Brown family has done on TV has been stupid. Yeah, Like every decision they've made has been dumb. So if you want to call Coote Pass stupid because nobody else is paying for it and now you and Cody have to deal with it, sorry to have luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm wondering what Janelle's position is at this time. I mean, I'm presuming we're late twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three. She hasn't made the decision to buy the plot of land in North Carolina yet, so I'm wondering if she's wondering to herself whether she wants to build out there or whether she wants to scrap the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It seems like she's going back and forth because later in the episode, they talk about getting property up in Montana, so and I don't know if Janelle's like a part of that, Like I know Maddie is talking about building property up in Montana. So it just seems like Janelle's kind of going with the flow and trying to figure shit out.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice to see more conversation about Coyote Pass though, and like the money and luring up, I know she's not gonna do it, but.
Speaker 1: Right, we do get to flash on over to Janelle all talking about how she hasn't really spoken to Cody in a very long time. She doesn't know really what's going on with Coyote Pass. We also hear from Christine, who's just so happy to be single. She's in her single era, yeah, and she doesn't give a shit. And she talks about how she was able to sell her home and flag Staff and take the full entire proceeds of that sale and move to Utah, And then we skip on over to Cody, who's a bit bitter about it. Uh huh. The family helped her buy that house and flag Staff and then she just sold it and took all the money.
Speaker 2: Which is so wild to me. I'm like, what do you mean by the family? You and Robin didn't do shit, boyo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everybody paid for your property too. So does that mean if you're butt hurt about Christine, that they get to be butt hurt about you and your home with Robin that they put into what at that?
Speaker 2: No, because if they are but hurt, then he would say they're just bitter towards him and they're making him to be the villain, because Cody Brown is the ultimate victim here, right, he is the one that has been fucked over the most. Okay, not Christine natchanew, not Mary Cody Brown.
Speaker 1: I mean he has the audacity, excuse me, the mandacity to say something like what did I do? What did I do wrong? As if it's not cataloged episode after episode, season after season, about how you have treated your family, your children, and your wives. It's wild. How do you not know what you may or may not have contributed to the demise of these relationships? Denial?
Speaker 2: He's crazy, totally in denial, and.
Speaker 1: He's de Lulu Yep, he's crazy. Yep.
Speaker 2: And then after the whole Coyote pass thing, then we have Michelt with her sprinkle. Yeah for her twins that are already born.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're two years old, they born. I think they're in high school. I think they're getting married with children of their own at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Mchelty's big and pregnant. Yes, she has too many tacos.
Speaker 1: Tony is there?
Speaker 2: Christine's host in this sprinkle. It's some like Gambling Vegas, black.
Speaker 1: Jack, Dublin down. Something's going on. But the big news is that Michelt wants Cody and Robin there, and she also wants Christine there, and she just wants her adult parents to get a grip and get along. That's fair. It is fair, in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing a lot of criticism of Michelty online, being like, oh my god, how dare she do that to Christine.
Speaker 1: I'm like, she's still a child though, yeah, and she's having twins. Yeah, she wants her father to be a part of that. And even though we hate Cody, yeah, and we have every right to, Michelty doesn't feel the same way at this time exactly. So she wants Robin there, and she wants Cody there. Yeah, And I think that's fine, I guess. But they're nervous, Sonny, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, did you see Robin just standing in the doorway.
Speaker 1: So awkward, Turtle just smiling and so pretending to blend in. But I'm like, woman, you look really unhappy, really unsettled, And I love it. And there's Christine at the blackjack table, just glowing. She's talking with everybody because she's a social butterfly. And Robin could never, oh never at all.
Speaker 2: Well, Robin's also walking around with like weird little weights in her hands the whole entire time. Really, yeah, I noticed it on Reddit. Somebody was pointing it out, like, why is she holding weights like little three pound weights?
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I missed that entirely. Yeah, it was super bizarre.
Speaker 2: And then Cody's just sitting there stare and brooding at everybody, and Christine's like, I'm not gonna say hi to them.
Speaker 1: Okay, And Robin says to the camera, the last time I saw Christine was when she told me she did not want to see me, she did not want a relationship with me or my children anymore, which never happened. Was never said, And we have rolled back the footage countless times. I do believe you've seen it by now, Robin. Yeah, Christine never said that she just needed some space, she just needed some time. But she's with this victim narrative and oh my god, lady, get over and it drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: It's the bizarre that she's still putting this out. But like her and Cody are perfect for each other because they're both acting like victims. They both act like everybody hates them because they do. Everybody does hate you. But like, you could make this better. You guys have all the power to make it better, but you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so Robin's like, well, she didn't want any relationship with me, so I'm just gonna leave her alone and she can be over in that corner of the house and I'm not gonna bugger. Okay, No, you're scared. Yeah, you don't want to go up and just you know, take the higher road and say hey, Christine, how are you doing. Nice to see you. And that's all we have to do as adults. It's not a big deal, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm like, y'all are old, Like, why can't act like big age? Why do we have to act like we're in high school? Acting all immature like this?
Speaker 1: It's wild to me.
Speaker 2: I mean, Christine is acting little petty, being like I'm not gonna be friendly, But that's fine in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yes, did you notice when Cody walked in, he'd belined toward Micheltie's daughter and truly was sitting like right next to the baby, and he said hi to the baby. He played with the baby's toy and at some point truly said hi dad, and he said oh hi, truly, like completely ignored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly, absolutely wild to me that he thinks that he did nothing wrong when he acts like this with his kids, Like poor Truly truly was born on this show. Yeah, we got to see the footage of this. We got to see her grow up without a dad.
Speaker 1: That sucks. And she didn't ask to be born into this crasy. She did Mormon family and he didn't even notice her, leading me to believe he's really not that fond of her. And another child that I saw at the Sprinkle that was kind of shying away from Cody was Isabelle. She was hanging out a lot with Christine, and I was wondering what that relationship is like because last season, over Christmas, remember Isabelle went and visited and it was super awkward. And then that got me thinking, bitch about the sale of Cody and Robin's home and all of their multi thousand dollars nick knacks and things that are strewn around that home, and how Christine had to rustle up the money for Isabelle's scoliosis surgery, and how I believe correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think I am I don't think Cody put anything toward that given the pain that Isabelle was in four years, asking for some kind of surgical intervention for years, but remember they kept making her do exercises and do all of this shit because they wanted to put that surgery off. And then when she finally got it, he didn't go cut of COVID. I can't be gone for longer than three nights because if Robin and I don't think he paid any money into it. Meanwhile he's siphoning, allegedly siphoning all of the cash out of the Brown LLC and buying these ugly ass paintings and purple linens and rugs and crystal towers and bears that are hugging and phoenixes rising, and poor Isabelle, and maybe that's why she doesn't want to hang out with you at the Sprinkle Cody.
Speaker 2: Dude, I didn't even think about that, But you're so right, because if I was her, and I have been her with my own dad and I saw that shit, I would be so bitter. I'm still bitter over my own stuff.
Speaker 1: So poor Isabelle, dude, I doesn't know at this time. Well, she does go and visit so she can see how big the house is but she doesn't know the value of things. But all of these kids and all of these wives now know some of what was in the house, and you know, they packed away most of that shit. They see some of the wealth that's in that house, and they have to be asking themselves, well, why was my mom living in an RV just trying to cobble together a casita? Why was Mary going to live in a barn dominium while you guys are over here living like kings and queens.
Speaker 2: Seriously, millions of dollars with all this stuff. Oh, such a good point. I wish we could hear more from these kids.
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 2: I one day we wish that would be so great. Maybe in twenty twenty nine, maybe maybe it'd season twenty two or something.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing that happened at the Sprinkle was Cody and Robin basically saying in their intersticials saying like, oh, Christine's been bad mouthing me to the kids, and so that's probably sour in my relationship with them. And I'm like this again, why are we bringing this up again? Christine's not bad mouthing you.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she is, but you deserve it. But the way he sets it up, though, is he says, I see what she's saying in public. Yeah, right, so I can only imagine what she's saying to our kids. But using this same measure, what the fuck are you saying about her in public? That you were not attractive to her, that you never loved her, calling her all manner of names, disparaging her to her face and to the camera. What about you, though, It's like this blind spot that just encompasses him and encompasses Robin, and they can see nothing that they're doing wrong or how they're contributing to it. It's crazy making.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy, or even what he was saying about the kids too, you just calling the massholes and narcissists and stupid last season, so fuck you dude, yep, talking about how the wives are talking bad about you publicly and to the kids, Like you said, you deserve it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well why do you think that is? I mean, maybe ask yourself the question in therapy, Yeah, to get to the bottom of it. Your old coot for a old balding coop. You can't stand him.
Speaker 2: He's the worst. And then we also heard from Robin that her and Cody are in a bad place in their mirroring.
Speaker 1: Your eyebrows are in a bad place. I know your eyebrows are in a bad place, really bad. I know you're trying to fix them, but they're even darker and thicker or more noticeable and you should go like a professional brow person.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, sorry, I can't stand her either, No, real and triggered. But like, how are we supposed to believe that you guys are having a hard time in your marriage? Like I give a fuck? Yeah, honestly, I don't give a shit unless you're gonna leave him and have a tell all book and talk about how she won terrible he is. But you won't because you guys are all meat.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it at all. I mean, I think if there's anything Robin's unhappy about, it is the loss of funds and the streams of income that she previously clearly had access to based on Dickensie and Village alone. Yeap, she no longer has Christine's money, Mary's money, Janelle's money. She no longer can rob the coffers, and so I believe she's unhappy about that. And I don't think Cody has a plan for their future necessarily. And I think we were talking last week about like they must they're dumb people, but they must have the capacity to see that this gravy train is about to end. I don't know, two years, five years, if you're lucky. Oh yeah, but then what Robin, You don't work, Cody doesn't work, So what are you gonna do? So maybe she's unhappy about that, but I don't think she's unhappy in her relationship.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, that's the dream that she's holding onto, is the dream of living a life of luxury on the backs of everybody else because she doesn't want to have to work for it. And that's why when we were talking about them selling their house, like I can't see them getting a four million dollar home in flack stuff. There's no way they can fucking afford it. I hope they end up in a dorm apartment like Janelle. Yeah, yes, literally, I hope they end up in that same apartment.
Speaker 1: Robin would never she would never do that. She is so invested in appearances and to go backward like that, I think she'd sooner leave Cody Brown. She'd sooner leave Cody Brown.
Speaker 2: She'd be better off financially if she'd live in an apartment of course, yeah, yep. And then he would be broke in a dad apartment.
Speaker 1: That'd be so great. Oh, I'd love to see it.
Speaker 2: Right, And then Cody crying about the loss of his dream.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you thought this was genuine. Let's just all join our raccoon claws, okay and just like have a thought about it. Because I did see some moisture in his eyes, and he made sure that I noticed that. He kind of stumbled over his words. I saw that, Yeah, But I think I did feel that he was feeling that in the moment that he was at least acknowledging that that big vision, that big dream is no longer possible, and he doesn't even know what the vision is anymore because he's not a part of it anymore. And I feel like he's feeling the loss of that. I do. But it stops right there, Yeah, like woe is me? Right? They don't include me, they don't love me. It never goes beyond that to what Mary ends up talking about with her friend Brandy, which is like, one of these days you are going to realize what you have lost. And Mary's like, whether you like it or not, because once you get to co law, honey, and you have norm in God and Jesus talking to you about how you destroyed all these marriages, like you're gonna have to take accountability for it. True, Like he can't do that though that's too far, that's a bridge too far for him.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, because to sit in that shame would be immense, it'd be crazy. Like there's so much guilt there, there's so much responsibility you would have to take, and like he should take it. I'm not saying he shouldn't, but like that's why he's delusional and holding on to this fake idea of a dream that didn't even really exist because you didn't make any.
Speaker 1: Effort, You didn't work for it. No, I expected these other women to do that work for you exactly.
Speaker 2: And even then you were still hanging out at Robin's house the entire time, So like what you just wanted all these people orbiting around you.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's all, and it's also for appearance, coming back home and adoring him as the patriarch. But for what what if you like put into what have you poured into these relationships after a certain point, like after Robin, what have you really done? Yeah. Now, he did talk about looking in the mirror at himself, and like previously he's been able to look at himself and say, I love you, man, he's been able to pray to God and say I'm so grateful from a beautiful family, but like he can't look at himself the same way because he sees himself differently. He sees himself the way that his three wives who have left him see him well, and so he's struggling with who he is in the mirror. Good, yeah, good, pleasing keep going. That's great. Not almost there, but at least you're pointed in the right direct step. So I was asking myself whether I believed that, like whether he feels differently about himself as a man, as a priest of the family, Like, how does he feel about himself?
Speaker 2: I feel like he just feels rejected. I feel like it's still centered around the idea that like everybody is doing this to him and not he's the source of it, or like he's part of the problem. So that's where I'm like, Yeah, you probably hate yourself, but you probably hate yourself because you feel rejected, not because you fucked up this whole family. And like ruined all of your relationships with your children and the wives, Like.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's it's not the right reason, not like saying you should hate yourself, but like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: At some point, I was wondering whether Cody has tipped over into the realm of acting the villain, Mmm, whether he is having some internal breakthroughs, because you'd have to be completely unconscious not to realize that you're the one that did all this, or like you did the majority of this. You'd have to be really, really unconscious. And so maybe he does know this deep down, but because he needs the show to continue, he knows he needs to be the villain. That's wild, can't you see it? Though?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, but like that's like that's like Nakado avocado level of like I'm two steps ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm the villain. Like why why can't you need the show to continue?
Speaker 2: But I feel like you could be.
Speaker 1: A better person. Yeah, people would probably still watch. Maybe, I mean it is fundamentally a very boring show, sure, but we've been watching for nineteen season. Yeah. Maybe I don't know. And tell me what y'all think, Like, write to us on Instagram or here on YouTube you can obviously drop a comment. It just felt fake to me, and some of what Robin was giving, especially out on Coyote Pass, also felt rehearsed and fake to metal. So I don't know, man, that's wild.
Speaker 2: If they have to play the villain just to keep the show on there.
Speaker 1: That's wild. Well, notice how the new intro was. Gary looked fantastic. She's wearing cream and white, Janelle wearing white, Christine with her terrible red lipstick, wearing white, and then here's Robin wearing black and Cody wearing black with his rings in his necklace and all of his bling bling but in black. So production is trying to signal to us or set up this season in a certain way. And maybe he's leaning into that because his gravy train is going to run dry unless he makes something work. And he doesn't want another wife. Yeah, that's true. He thinks he's a monogamous So what else is he going to do except be the foil to his family?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you could do anything else.
Speaker 1: Just thought to thought. I don't know, just to thought.
Speaker 2: It's a good thought. Pretty diabolical thought.
Speaker 1: Oh he's pretty diabolical. Yeah he is.
Speaker 2: But is he that smart though? That's the question to like act like a villain, like maybe he doesn't even realize that TLC, I'll just.
Speaker 1: Be the demon that they did. He say something that's pretty much what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, Nelia, you might be on some something. Hi, you might be onto something smart. Rec Yeah, I got a big old brain over there.
Speaker 1: Work that monc. My god.
Speaker 2: And then we have Janelle and Christine going to North Carolina. Yes, to move isabel back to Salt Lake City. Right now that Christine's back.
Speaker 1: In Utah, Isabelle's like, fuck North Carolina and also fuck you mom, because I'm not going to live with you in Salt Lake City. I will not even spend a week with you in your single girl town hall. I mean, I wouldn't want as you're dating all of these She's too much this Christine.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's I I can't The whole divorced mom thing is so grim.
Speaker 1: And also she's giving actress to in her interstitials. It's just like, oh, calm down just a little bit. So Isabelle does not want to live with Christine, but she does want to come back to Utah. She wants to go to college there. Yeah, And so Janelle and Christine have gone to North Carolina to move her back, and I guess Janelle, not Janelle, but Maddie's going to be going on the trip with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which would be great. And then Cody, I guess, finds out on the couch that they're doing all of this. And this is where he talks about fomo.
Speaker 1: Right the NOI suffer from fomo.
Speaker 2: I want to be included, and they're purposely doing this to exclude me, to make me feel bad.
Speaker 1: Right all about you, Cody, I don't feel bad for main character over here.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you could be involved if you wanted to, but everybody else has to involve you because you can't do any of the work.
Speaker 1: It's so wild to me, it's crazy. He also says something about Christine and Janelle, like, oh, so Janelle went with Christine to bring Isabelle back. He's just like, it's so ironic because Christine used to have such a hard time dealing with Mary and Janelle, and now all of a sudden, Janelle is just following her around everywhere and they're supposed to be these fast friends. Make it make sense.
Speaker 2: That's wild to me because I'm like, again, this is how not present you've been for years, because Janelle and Christine have been friends the last several years. So like, miss me with this, you.
Speaker 1: Just can't conceive of a world where he's not at the center of it. He just doesn't know how to be or exist in that space.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. And I really don't think he can deal with the amount of rejection. I mean, three wives leaving him at once, and.
Speaker 1: The country a lot, actually the world and internationally he is very hated. Yeah, yes, I.
Speaker 2: Mean truly though, and like all of your kids, everybody, everybody hates you.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he probably can't deal with it at all. Probably, And honestly, I love it. I love to see it. I love to see him squirm.
Speaker 2: And then they arrive in Salt Lake City, Maddie's there and we kind of talk about how she doesn't have a relationship with Cody.
Speaker 1: The producers asked Cody, do.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about it, and he's like, I will not, I will not discuss anything about Madison.
Speaker 1: Which was interesting. Janelle does talk about it. Janelle says that Maddie is unwilling to have a relationship with Cody unless he can commit to having a presence in her children's life. He can't just come in every once in a while whenever he feels like it, or when the cameras are rolling and play Grandpa and then dip on back out. So because Cody, I guess, hasn't really been making that effort, Mattie's like, no, thank you. It is interesting because you remember how much Cody loved Caleb. Oh yeah, they had a complete romance. Yeah, like Cody loved him, And so I would imagine he doesn't talk to Caleb anymore, certainly doesn't talk to Maddie and doesn't see any of his grandbabies over there. Only mckelte's.
Speaker 2: I wonder, I don't know if we've talked about this before. We probably have, but I forgot. I wonder if Maddie called him out on shit and that's why he just don't want to make any effort.
Speaker 1: I think in the Christmas group chat, she was the one of them, one of the kids that was speaking up about all of the bullshit Robin was doing, which caused Cody to have to come in and start dealing with his kids. And I think she and Hunter and maybe a couple of other kids were the primary people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking speaking out and now he doesn't want to talk about it, which is such bullshit. I'm like, give us something, dude, what are you going to do? Just spew virtril about Christine and Janelle and then but you're not going to talk about your kids.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we do have Robin saying that she doesn't understand and or know why Cody is not reaching out to Madison or making an effort with her. But at the same time, his kids need to be making an effort with him. And I just want to say, Cap, you know exactly why because the Christmas group chat happened, and Maddie was one of the people to confront you, specifically for having to always insert yourself into family shit. Yep. And so your piss Maddie, which means now Cody has to be pissed at Mattie. And if Cody were to reach out to Maddie and try to have a relationship, how would that actually make you feel? Robin? Probably pretty bad. So he doesn't because he can't. It's you, exactly, It's you.
Speaker 2: And I hate the whole bullshit of like it takes two if the child has to make the effort too. Yeah, but if the child is making all of the effort and the parent's making none, then how is it fair?
Speaker 1: Like that shit makes me so mad.
Speaker 2: I feel like as a parent, sometimes you have to just kind of go at like make the effort.
Speaker 1: You have to sacrifice as let me say, you have to sacrifice as a parent, and sometimes your kids are not actually they're not necessarily on the right side of what's going down. But for the sake of having a relationship with your child, for the sake of having love and peace in your family, you sacrifice what you think is right. You sacrifice your pride, You sacrifice things that you can keep your family together, which is something Cody won't do. And we know he won't do this because we saw during the COVID years when Gabe and Garrison tried to talk to him out at Coyote Pass, yep, and talk to him about their mother and not seeing him. He was completely resistant. Yes, and I think that's the season he called them narcissists, yes, and stupid and stupid. Yeah. So the way that he even responded to his children who just were asking for more time from him.
Speaker 2: Yep, he was an asshole, such an asshole. Yeah, he needs to go see doctor Orna him and Robin. Yeah, wouldn't that be great?
Speaker 1: Well, people who want to get better go to therapy. Cody doesn't want to get better.
Speaker 2: No, because he thinks nothing's wrong with him. He even asks that what did I do wrong?
Speaker 1: Oh? We could tell you. How much time do you have? If you want to listen, we could tell you.
Speaker 2: And then, last, but not least, we have Mary and Vegas visiting her friend Brandy, who, yes, I don't think we've seen before.
Speaker 1: I don't recall her.
Speaker 2: She's a new friend. I guess they were like really close in Vegas, but we are just now meeting her. And this is where Mary tells Brandy Yummy and Cody are officially done, and Brandy's like, finally, thank god, great, So glad you got on this page, right Mary.
Speaker 1: And it's during this conversation and really during the entire episode that we're getting some of these fire yeah talking heads from Mary, who acknowledges that Cody's probably going to be pretty pissed at her when he sees this interview. And I hope that this continues all please seasons. Yeah, So we talk about so many things off the top of my head. She wants to talk specifically about Cody's claim that he never loved her and that he never loved any of his wives when he married them. Uh huh. And she's like, so, let me get this straight. So you were just a young man who saw a young woman and you thought to yourself, let me choose that young woman to try and affirm and love. I don't love her, I don't necessarily want her, but I'm willing to affirm love to her for thirty two years. She's like, is that what you're actually telling me? Or is the re reality that it was you and me that built this family? We're the first ones. Hello, and after me came Janelle and Christine. And so if my marriage, if our wedding was illegitimate, that means Janelle's wedding was illegitimate and Christine's wedding was illegitimate. Yep, all for what the reason is you love Robin who was ten years old at the time that you and I got married and started copulate in which is so wild that she said that, So Robin was ten or twelve years old? My god, what do you think her point was with that?
Speaker 2: I mean, like maybe calling him out, being like, you never loved me, Well, you did have to love me because Robin was a child, Like, but did you guys.
Speaker 1: Know Robin back then? No?
Speaker 2: Right, No, I think she's just making a dish since the fact.
Speaker 1: Rob don't exist. So you're telling me that you didn't love me and you only ever loved Robin while she was ten years old at the time. And what about all the times we fucked? What about the child that we have, what about the other marriages and all of these other kids, what about the homes, what about the depths, what about the money?
Speaker 2: What about the journey that was not real? Yea, no, it's so you're lying. I'm glad that she's calling that out, but at the same time, it's like hard for me that she's like, I mean, he was giving me all these mixed signals. I'm like, but he was literally saying, he was literally saying for years that he does not love you, he doesn't want to be with you.
Speaker 1: So I mean, yeah, but in order to get her to flag Staff, he did promise her a new start. Sure, and so even though in Vegas things definitely fell apart, and we know that he was not having sex with her for many years and they weren't having like a full relationship. He promised her like, once we get to flag Staff, we're going to turn this around and we're going to have a new start. What he was really doing was waiting as she sold her place in Vegas and then taking the profits and proceeds of the sale of her house and Janelle's and then using that to buy Robin's nine hundred thousand dollars home while Mary rented, Janelle rented, and Christine owned a lesser home.
Speaker 2: See, if he was playing the villain, he really needs to admit that he did all of that then, because otherwise I'm like, you just look.
Speaker 1: Like a fool.
Speaker 2: Don't come at me saying that you didn't love any of these women. But Robin, like that is such a load of bullshit. And then you're saying all of this shit to their kids and to the public, like gets crazy. So I love that Mary is getting mad at that and calling him out for that.
Speaker 1: I love how she.
Speaker 2: Swore and said of curse words and you could believe that out if you want great living for it.
Speaker 1: I love that as well. I do think that Mary could probably acknowledge that well. Maybe she did, because she even said, maybe I should have been committed for being committed for thirty two years, like maybe I was crazy for believing in this. But I do think that Mary takes her spiritual vows very seriously. Oh, that is her intention, or at least it was, that she would spend her eternity with this man, and that's the life she was building. Well, and so for a lot of us who aren't necessarily religious or we don't really get it like that, we don't understand it, like it's a bigger deal for her. And even though she may not have felt great about Cody and their relationship, she was working for a higher goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, and she does take that very seriously. I was actually surprised to hear her talk about their spiritual marriage because she mentions that and says that she's in the process of getting that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Nolan Voyd, I don't know to go to Mormon temple, like, yeah, I have to. You think you have to go to like the elder, to the priest, to the priest. You have to have and they have to like sign off on it. They have to already been embarrassed by your family and they're like, yes, absolutely, get the heck out of here with the fire bullshit. Yeah, but yeah, she's going to have to go through that process. It's probably similar to trying to get an annulment with the Catholic Church. Oh is that a thing? Yeah? Yes. When I was married to my second husband, he had to annul his first marriage, which I'm like, well, why though you have two children from that marriage, why would you need to annul that? And he's like, well, in order for you to convert to Catholicism, which I was thinking about doing, I need to get an annulment. You need to get an annulment from your first husband, even though I was never a Catholic. It's crazy, the paperwork you've got to go through. So maybe with Mormonism it's something similar, like you got to you got to write to the Vatican, you got to write to Rome.
Speaker 2: And it's like actual paperwork.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: In fact, the reason I never converted was because the priest who was handling my paperwork, which it sounds so crazy to me, didn't submit it in time and didn't do all the things that he needed to do. Wow, which I don't want to hell. Then I took as a sign that I'm not meant to be Catholic, which is fine with me now. But yeah, it's a lot. So maybe that's what Mary has to do too, something similar.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, I've talked to Ethel about it before and she said that it's like a whole thing because you have to go to the priest or whatever, the elders, and then you have to write like a reason for it, and then they have to approve it, and then it's this whole ceremony and like you know, weird secret handshakes and stuff that they have to do, and then it's you know, god on colub is like, yeah, it's fine, You're not sealed anymore for eternity.
Speaker 1: And then you're free to maybe meet somebody else and become a new polygamyal wife or something like that. I don't know, but Mary, go after what you want. I just want you to be happy. I don't know. I watched this episode and I have historically kind of been very irritated with Mary and her inability to communicate and just the way that she interacts in the family. And of course we just went through season five. Yeah with my God the wet Bar and I'm like, oh, Lord Jesus, she's annoying, But I really appreciated so much of what she said. I do think she at the time she's talking to Brandy on the couch in Las Vegas, I think she's trying to be kind, she's trying not to disparage Cody. But by the time we see her on the couch wearing that little camouflage thing, I think she's a little more ready to disparage Cody. So I'm hoping as we go on we get more from her. She did mention Robin, Yeah, and she doesn't think Robin is a bad person, and she knows that other people in the family do think she's a bad person, and a lot of the public think that she's bad, but that she thinks she's a good person.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that they had an alliance, and I think Robin may have tried to help Mary in certain ways during the relationships. But I think Mary is starting to wake up a little bit to the fact that towards the end there, Robin was throwing her under the bus a lot. Remember when I think it was Isabelle was coming for Christmas, and Mary has a good relationship with isabel And Robin never told Mary that Isabelle was in town and all this stuff. Like I think Mary's starting to realize, oh, maybe Robin wasn't the friend that I thought she was, but she's not ready quite yet, yeah, to throw her under the bus.
Speaker 2: So I think Mary's a little naive when it comes to people, Like she thought Cody was good until like just three seven weeks ago, so, and like she thought Cody had like good intentions with her so and he didn't. And then she's looking at Robin being like, yeah, she's not a bad person, because she's looking at their friendship as a whole, as opposed to like what Robin's been doing with Cody this whole entire time. And maybe there's like a little bit of denial with Mary of like not wanting to accept the fact that this friend that she was so close with for years essentially stole her husband away and took part in the breakup of this entire family. Maybe there's some denial there, but like, I don't know, I was kind of sid eyeing that if, like.
Speaker 1: Robin's a good person.
Speaker 2: I know other people think she's bad, but she's a good person.
Speaker 1: I think she was a little bit tempered with that. I don't think she was very adamant about Robin being a good person, and she was like a little bit equivocating and acknowledging in her tone that there's some issues there, but that she still thinks she's okay. I don't know. We'll see what happens as the season goes on, definitely, But you know what I was thinking about, Beatrice, I was thinking about Leon a lot because I'm just wondering how Mary feels. Because the rumors have it, and these are just rumors, all alleged that Cody disapproves of Leon's lifestyle, and therefore I would imagine Robin does as well. And I believe Leon is somewhat, if not full on estranged from Cody and Robin. And if Cody is disapproving of Leon and Leon's existence, I would imagine that would piss Mary off for sure, especially over time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure as the mother, like You're gonna be like, really, you're going to disapprove of our child, like you should love our child no matter what. Fuck You and Mary seem to have a good relationship, like they post photos and the stuf.
Speaker 1: Has a great relationship with the rest of the family for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think most people are accepting, right, And I haven't heard anything else besides Cody and Robin.
Speaker 1: Didn't they just have a recent something or rather in Utah or Wyoming. Janelle was there, but I think Leon was there. Oh yeah, I think Leon was there. A lot of the other kids were there, so Leon's still a part of the family. But I think Cody has a problem with Leon being trends that's me, my fake psychic intuition, but I think he has a fundamental problem with Leon's existence, and I think as time goes on, that's going to really bother Mary more and more.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice to hear about it, though, it'd be nice to you know, know.
Speaker 1: Cody, how do you think Leon feels hearing how you talk about their mom? I mean, for real that you never loved their mom. Oh, that we never should have married their mom. Because we see in the previews for the season he's talking about like, yeah, well, the mistake was I married some I didn't love, or the mistake was I married the wrong person. So imagine being Leon or any of the other kids hearing their fathers say like I never loved your mom. That's therefore rendering you illegitimate, not legally, but like energetically and spiritually.
Speaker 2: Right, you weren't created out of love because I hated your mom.
Speaker 1: Apparently, I mean, even if it's true, Like, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, don't say it publicly. Serious, if you love your children, you don't say that shit publicly for real. But he does not give up food, No, because.
Speaker 2: He's pissed and his ego is so damaged because all of these women left him, Because how dare anybody leave Cody Brown?
Speaker 1: What did he want from Mary? Let's talk about that, Like what was his best case scenario? Like he's like, Yeah, you can live in the barn dominium. We can just be friends. You can continue to supplement the money that I enjoy and that my wife enjoys, because so continue to give us, to give us money and will and to let you live on Cody paths. Is that what he wanted her to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just to have the appearance of like he's a good polygamous man. He wanted her to be okay with that, But like, nobody is gonna be okay with being in a sexless, loveless marriage, not even a marriage, just a companionship friendship friendship, partnership friendship where I just live on the same property and like, I bring you cookies for Christmas, but then that's it. That's our only interaction.
Speaker 1: I think that's what he was hoping for. I think that was his best case scenario. Just put her in the loft above all of his storage and the barn dominium, and I'll see you from time to time and otherwise your persona non grata to me, exactly, but i'll see you in the afterlife though, yeah, you can still on it right exactly.
Speaker 2: Wow, but I won't touch you there either.
Speaker 1: I think we end the scene with Brandy with Mary talking about not knowing what to do with the mementos, like the photographs and the ornament with all of their pictures in it, and well, she also said like she's really pissed at Cody for leading her and everyone else, including the viewers, to believe that he was this guy who believed in polygamy when now all of a sudden, you don't. And she says that Cody has actually said words from his mouth that he thinks polygamy is not fair to women? What is that coming in? And Brandy says that doesn't sound like the Cody Brown that I know. And on the couch, Mary says, well, maybe it's just you, Cody, that weren't fair to women. Mike drop bomb drop so based.
Speaker 2: But do you think he actually says that? Do you think he actually believes that?
Speaker 1: Now? I think he actually said it. That's why I don't think Mary would have repeated it unless he said it. Why would he think that? Why would he say that? I don't know that would mean that you, in effect, are unfair to the wives that you no longer have.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: Is it a moment of awakening or is it just him trying to disavow something he said he believed to make it easier for him to be monogamous now I am not sure?
Speaker 2: Or is it him putting the blame on something other than himself, like, oh, it's polygamy that's bad to him and not me. I was a good husband, right, I did the best that I could. I'm not a bad guy.
Speaker 1: It's polygamy. But we're supposed to believe that Robin still wants polygamy and that she's unhappy because none of these other wives are around, and she wants to have other wives, So I don't like lady. I was gobsmacked when I heard that he said that, and then when Mary retorted in that way, I was like, yes, queen, yes, yes, yes. But now Mary's left with the aftermath of this fake fucking relationship that she's trying to commit to. Yep, and years upon your thirty two years of artifacts and evidence supporting her relationship existed. What she's supposed to do with all this shit?
Speaker 2: I mean, what is she supposed to do in general? Like, I mean, you were married to this guy for thirty two years. He gave most of your life to him, So now alone and like that sucks. Maybe that's why she's doing her worthy of thing to make herself feel better, which is fair. Like I feel bad for her honestly, because now she's alone, she has nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we won't get started unworthy up. And like, how much time it would probably take for you to heal from this situation, specifically before you can go out there and try to help other people to heal in their own lives and on their own journey. We don't have to get into that because we've gotten into it before, but I did feel very bad. Like I have a box right over there filled with love letters from my second husband, your wife's father, pictures, yeah, when we first met, pictures of us all together, when your wife was just a child, like these pictures, which I would never burn. And Mary's not ready to do it either. I mean I would never get rid of And it's been I don't know, sixteen years or however many years it's been, and I still haven't given those things up because it's a part of my life that I don't want to forget. And I'm so grateful for my daughter. Yeah, and I'm even grateful for him and the things that we learned together. So that's just part of divorce, and it's really hard. It's really hard. I remember when my mom and my dad got divorced. My mom had a hard time getting rid of everything, Like she got rid of the most shit, but the only thing that she kept was like all of the photos, so like we have all of their wedding photos and stuff like that, because she never want to get never wanted to get rid of it because she always said, you know, you girls might want that, like those are your parents, you know you still had that. It's your childhood, those are your memories, Like that's important. So like Mary's probably going to keep it, but it's going to be hard, yeah, to keep it all. And that sucks, it does, and yeah, I can relate to that. I really felt for her as she started to cry, and her sentiment that she wants to remain kind even though Cody is not kind and Brandy her friend even acknowledges, like all the shit he has said about you, how come you're not more mad?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: She's like, I just I want to conduct myself. I want to take a high road. I want to conduct myself at the highest possible level, which I respect. That's fair, But I encourage her to stop that shit immediately and start telling me teddy and start dragging this man reflect back to Cody Brown exactly who the fuck he is? Yes, please. He even talks about it, like we just said, like talking about looking at himself in the mirror and it's hard to see him based on see himself and love himself based on what his three wives have been saying about him. Because he's starting to internalize it, and that is what we want, and so Mary give it to him. Baby.
Speaker 2: Please, you're the one that knows the most.
Speaker 1: Give it to him. Please be so great. If she wrote a tell all book or something.
Speaker 2: She dragged him, yep through the mud, I'd love to see it.
Speaker 1: Well, he laughs about it on the couch. Did you catch that? And he's like, yeah, I know, Mary's now making her little statements about me. I'm not going to comment on it, and he just laughs, yeah, wow, Yeah, she's holding a lot in imagine if she let the flood gates going.
Speaker 2: God. That's why I'm kind of hoping he continues on this path of being the villain and saying this fucked up shit, because maybe he'll say something just fucked up enough that Mary will just be like.
Speaker 1: You know what, sue him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna assue you. I'm gonna say all this shit that you did to me, everything that you did to the other wives. There's more stories than just my ring baby, Yep, I know it. That'd be so great, it'd be fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's the hope and the dream of the raccoon.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pray to God on kolob Yes, dear gon.
Speaker 1: On Collab, dear Mormon, Jesus, dear with the pastor please please. And I feel like, did you get the sense that Mary was super chagrined that they were going out like this, Yeah, like polygamy and what they've shown the audience and what they've shown the world, because I think she went into it with the right intention for them to show that, like polygamist families can be functioning and healthy and full of love, and they just ended up showing something so fucking toxic. Yep, And she's really sad that that was the example that they made. Oh yeah, I would be.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, this is our legacy, really, like we're gonna break up after all these years? Like wow, yeah, i'd be upset. And actually, the guy from My Five Wives, Yeah, it's a very boring show. I mean good, I've never seen it. It's like there's some like little tidbits and stuff, but they're not as dysfunctional as the Browns. But anyway, he's got five wives, he's a polygamist, he lives up in Washington. He commented about this whole thing just recently, and he said that Cody is such a piece of shit, like basically just like how could.
Speaker 1: You do this?
Speaker 2: Like you are making a mockery of polygamy, and like, you didn't do this right, And like, if you're saying you didn't get married for love, then what did you get married for?
Speaker 1: Like that's the.
Speaker 2: Whole point of polygamy, as a whole point of our faith. Like, what the fuck are you talking about? He called him out real, really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just recent, fantastic, and we know that Joe Darker also called him out a couple of years ago. I love it, And that's what needs to happen. And you know, Cody respects and needs the validation of men.
Speaker 2: Of course, because he's gay.
Speaker 1: My god, I didn't say that. You did. We've been talking for so long. Let's wrap it up. So the preview was something we have already seen. It was the season previews.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christine dating David there, hi.
Speaker 1: Baby, Oh my god. Maybe I can't take Janelle talking about suing. Yes, but she doesn't. Well, but maybe they settled, Maybe they want to see it. May they mediated. Maybe there's conversations with lawyers. Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: And then we have Cody and Mary arguing. Yeah, we have Cody meeting David, which I love to say.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a nothing burger.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know I feel like there's gonna be some looks shared. I feel like David's gonna be like this guy.
Speaker 1: He's a loser, he has inverted testicles, he's got no boldness. And I don't think David cares. Yeah, David does, okay.
Speaker 2: God, and then Robins saying she's losing respect for Cody, but we think that's bullshit. Cody trying to reconcile with Chanelle because he's.
Speaker 1: Broke, right, he's the writing on the wall. He's broke. You're making how much beautiful today?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I feel like we could get together again.
Speaker 1: Don't you feel this? I don't feel it. I do not feel it, don't feel it at all.
Speaker 2: And then him Cody saying, blame yourself if I don't love you.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so we should, oh my god, with raccoons.
Speaker 2: We should put that on there with one of our worst reviews. Blame yourself if you don't love.
Speaker 1: Us, that would be so good your internal license. Oh my god, Well, blame yourself you don't like me? Seriously? I mean, well, do we have anything else that we need to say to these beautiful raccoons before we get up on outa here?
Speaker 2: Beatrice well, if you love our podcast, you better you going on to your favorite podcast platform and leave us a glowing five star review. It really helps us grow the pod so we can get better.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it. Thank you. We will be back later this week to talk the secret lives of Mormon wives.
Speaker 2: I can't wait, elscandala, Oh my god, swingers, Oh my god, I'm so orgy, orgies, keddemy extensions, domestic violence.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great, so make sure you come back for that, and until then, please don't forget that we have nothing but love for you and Pea. My guys,