Speaker 1: All right, there we go.
Speaker 2: Eric Dickerson, Jordan's the show. Ed, good afternoon to you.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Fred? What's happening? Man?
Speaker 1: All good?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Are you? Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Gonna be around for the Old King of Golf tournament this weekend.
Speaker 4: No, I'm in, a matter of fact, I'm in I'm in a hotel here in West Lake Village, California. I've been displaced since last week because of the fires. So no, I will not be down there. It's a it's a it's a mess, man, I'm telling you, Wow, it's it's it's horrible. It's put it like that. My house is still standing so far, thank god. But you know, it's just I feel bad for everyone, I really do. It's just it's a mess.
Speaker 5: Uh So your house was spared? What about surrounding you ed everybody else? Okay?
Speaker 1: Surrounding houses or did they get how close to it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? My, my, my, my, yeah, right across the street. I could see it got some I mean right acros.
Speaker 4: We could see it out of our window and it was like, man, we're gonna we're gonna have to leave.
Speaker 3: But we waited, and.
Speaker 4: We we actually knew if we left, we couldn't come back, so we had to move our daughter into USC on that Thursday. So we left. We left Thursday morning. We can and we have no Wednesday morning and we haven't been back since. I back to the house. I was over that way yesterday. Matter of fact, one of the guys, uh, the guy built Brian Woodrow. He used the build over there, so he stayed home. He as a generator at his house and I'm getting one after this incident here. Uh, and he's able to he can't leave. But you know, he brought me some stuff like to medicine I needed from like a meet him at the corner.
Speaker 3: You can bring it over, but you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't go up in our neighborhood for some for something, I mean, for some reason. But I got to say this, so uh, I think it was I forget. I'm getting a days mixed. It was probably about five four five, about three four days ago. A buddy of mine, Jim putman, he has a company. They do excavate, you know, they do build with walls and stuff up. And so he called me, uh late that one. I forgot what night was He's eric. He said, man, I have a water truck a big water truck I can sent off to your house from from Beaumont.
Speaker 3: He's gonna take about three hours. And I ran over there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, JE said, man, every care, He said, let me send the water truck over.
Speaker 3: He said, shoots.
Speaker 4: About eighty feet in the air, you know it, that's like a can on the back of the So I said, okay, so, and just by chance, my daughter called me. She said, Dad, I says, I have a guy went to high school, but he's a policeman. Well I thought it was a fireman. He's a policeman. And he said he think he can help you. He can help you get into the neighborhood if you want to. So I said, okay, so, make a long spirt short. About eleven o'clock at night, eleven thirty at night, we got there. He let us in, you know, let us pass because he had to come from another area of Chessworth. And man, we watered the house down, walked the grass to you know, all the polidge in front of it. But it was a trip to see it. I mean, that thing was shooting water everywhere. And I thank God for for gym. And but you know, my house is good now. I did my neighbor's house. I did a couple of my neighbors houses right there by mine that weren't home. But man, it is it's scary looking at that. I mean, like I said, this is like the fifth one I've been through, fire Man, and I cannot lie. Man, I'm getting sick of this. I mean, I'm just getting tired of it. I hate to say. I mean I'm thinking about possibly moving back to Texas. I mean it might be a chance. I I just got to go back home. This is just you can't get insurance out of here. And I have horrible I've always had top notch insurance. I've got terrible insurance through California Fair Plan. I mean, if my house burned down, I have no charts with to move back because I can't. I don't have you know, seventyllion dollars of putting the house to put it back up. I mean, we got three million dollars in insurance. I mean, I've always had over insured, always been that guy to have over insured. And you know, so we talked to one insurance company. What do you think they quoted me on insurance my house? This insurance just just take a wild wild guess before before we guess you had insurance and it was canceled.
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I had, I had State Farm and Timmy taysum. State Farm is the worst. I absolutely hate State Farm you know I feel about State Farm them commercials on there. I want to choke the hell out of Jake, and I know Jake just getting a check. But they are such liars. They are the worst of the worst insurance companies. They seriously are you know. I tell you I wrote this level to the CEO. He didn't call me back. He had some crony called me. I told him what I said. You the water boy. Why you know, they just they just they just crap insurance. I mean they don't do nothing. They say I got when I was a Chubb, best insurance company ever. I got to say, best insurance company ever I've ever dealt with. Everything was first class. They moved out of California.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean they were over they when they when you when you talk about going over and beyond what they're supposed to do, That's what kind of insurance.
Speaker 3: Company that is.
Speaker 4: But State Farm Man, they just don't get pissed off. But anyway, which what was your next question for so what happens?
Speaker 2: Says, all right, they canceled your insurance and you had to find insurance, right, what was that you?
Speaker 4: Californ a card as hell, California fair playing, that's what you got. You know, my house is worth it, you know about I don't know on a really good part of ten million dollars, Thank God. I mean, that's all my money's in my house. I mean, it really is. I mean, and I had it insured for about ten or twelve million dollars. You know, I had a great insurance. Right now it's insured for three million dollars. Man, I don't I don't have another seven million dollars put into a house to rebuild it. I mean, I don't. I mean I always just have to get out of here. I mean, for sure, i'd go back home, back to Texas. But I got to say this. I always say this. I said, God gave me that house. I always say it all the time. I said, he's protected through every fire. Matter of fact, that one well six years ago when I was a Chub insurance the insurance agent, and we still friends. I still talk to him. He's retired now. He said, when he came to my house, said Eric, I don't see how this house did not burn down. Custody fire went around the house. He said, it was resolt in the house. I m resolt in my house. I don't I say, I say, God save my house. So I've been fortunate so many times with my house. And I feel bad for these people out here because you know how California is. They got all these rules and laws, and I know they're gonna try to not let people rebuild back in Pacific Palisades and probably on the Coast Highway.
Speaker 3: You know they're gonna make it. They're gonna make it very difficult.
Speaker 4: And you know, the sad thing is everybody thinks because you live in Pacific Palasads, you live in Calabasas, and you live in where, but that you got a lot of money.
Speaker 3: You rich. I'm not rich.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was fortunate enough to buy my house in the eighties. I mean seriously, and it's just went up, thank God. The thing is is a lot of these people I see people on TV says we're not rich. My lady said, I'm taking care of my my, my my mother in law, that my husband's dad.
Speaker 3: Mind about this house. I mean, we don't even we.
Speaker 5: Don't have we don't have people been in there for fifty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been in an op thirty nine years.
Speaker 4: I've been I've been there that long. So I mean, man, it's just it, it's really so wrong. How these insurance companies come here and run out of town. They make all the money and run out of town. But this was the worst one I've seen. I still one in ninety three I thought was bad, really bad, But this one was. This one was worse.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, did they make you evacuation.
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Then they told we should evacuate so when you left you couldn't go back. So like right now, on my street, on the corner of Las Fergus and mul Holland, the National Guard is there, so you can't go up to the house. I mean, I could see my house from the corner. I went there yesterday because I had to get some medicine, and I could see the house and the gods. Brian said, he said, okay, see these cones right here. If I step over the cones, I can't go back. Right If you got I can't go back to my house. So if he drove his car down and gave me some medicine I needed. But you know, it's just it's just a joke, man. It's I mean, I was city leaders. I mean, I don't get me on it. It's just it's it's a joke, man. It's it's California. We paid the most in taxes, gasoline, we pay the most in everything, everything, everything.
Speaker 3: You're taking care of.
Speaker 4: When I saw the lady on TV saying I forgot who she worked somewhere with the city kind whatever, and she said, our fire department is like the fire department from the nineteen eighties, I'm like, what, and it's twenty twenty four. She said, we have fire trucks in the graveyard. We have ambulance in the graveyard.
Speaker 3: We sent that.
Speaker 4: And then we said we sent our equipment over the Ukraine. I mean, we take care of everyone but our damn selves. Basically. That's that's how I look at it. You know, if you live in the United States, if you're from here, you might you might just say, hey, you know what, just go live in my house. I'm gonna get out of here and just let you have it. I mean, it's just it's so frustrating. I think that's one of the reasons I want I love look at me wrong, Preyd and Ridney.
Speaker 3: I love California, I do.
Speaker 4: I love it, but it just makes you just so many things just make you want to get out of here because it's.
Speaker 3: Just so ass backwards, because.
Speaker 4: It's ass backwards. Like it's like it's like ride like good. I'm gonna get on the horse and I'm gonna ride bawards. I'm gonna face the other ways California. That's that's a long jel. I don't want to ride both. I want to ride the back. I want to ride backwards.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like, yeah, no, you're right, you're right. I mean when you you look at it, and people always say, oh, why you live out there in California. You pay all those taxes and all that stuff, and you and and you know, he answers, oh, the weather's grade, the proximity is grade, all that stuff. But it should be because we pay these taxes for reasons like this, for situations like this, when something tragic happens in this state or or a city like this, it should be that's why you pay the tax. Because everything is taken care of and everything is class and everything is right, you know, And you say, yeah, I can live with the taxes because I know when I'm in a disaster or tragedy or fire or floods or whatever, then earthquake, whatever it may be, I know I'm gonna be taken care of it, because that's why I pay all that money in them taxes. And it's the opposite. It's like, how in the world companies drop people? How can they drop in the middle of the fire?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't get it. And then then you get then you got the looters. Then you got you got the looters. I mean the people are looting. I mean that is that? That to me, that's like the lowest of the low, low, low class. They should throw their asses in jail. Except the fires, they should drop them in the middle of it. You want to play with the fire, Okay, we'll drop you ass in the middle of the fire.
Speaker 3: Let you get what it's like.
Speaker 4: I mean a matter of fact, when I did get a chance to go to the house, when I went, when I came over with the truck, I stayed at home that night.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't have any power.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I kept hearing something said I said, no, let me get my pistol.
Speaker 3: Let me get my gun.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do with my gun because I'm I'm a I'm a gun total. I have several guns at home. I believe in weapons. I'm from Texas. I believe in protecting yourself. What it called it?
Speaker 3: What is it called?
Speaker 4: The First Amendment? Writers that the one is called you take carr of gun? A second amendment? Right is whatever it is, whatever it is. I'm a gun total, and I'm telling you you come to my house, I will shoot your ass. And I ain't nothing trying to drag in and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Drag him.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't in the dragass. You get shot outside, that's what your ass gonna lay.
Speaker 5: You're gonna you're gonna have. You're gonna shoot him while you're on the phone with nine one one. I just shot nine one.
Speaker 3: I just shot. I just shot through. I just I just under a whole clip.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they out there not, but they know they've been shot it so ain't no doubt about that. So you know, it's just it's just man, they gonna say, but god, you know, I'm probably they can shoot it me. But if I shoot at them, they'll probably arrest me and let them let the other guy go.
Speaker 1: I can say.
Speaker 4: It's asked back with the California What you're doing with a gun? Why are you shooting somebody?
Speaker 2: All right, We're gonna continue our comforature in News Nation in a moment. Its trive Southern California.
Speaker 1: Ford Gal.
Speaker 2: That's one thing we liked. It's choices, fine yours with a Ford F one fifty gas hybrid or all electric. What you choose to do with that much power, that's up to you, tough. This mark can only be called F one.
Speaker 5: The RAMS News edition is this kfire. This anti said, you know what, we're everything to all people. There you go, That's who we are.
Speaker 2: All right, Rams in Arizona home game beat the Vikings in advance.
Speaker 1: We're getting to that next. That's right.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the Ford NFL Spotlight Rodney Pete, Fred Rogan, the Hall of Fame up. Eric Dickerson, all right, programming note, folks, why don't you take some time coming out here to the desert.
Speaker 2: That's where we'd like to see you. So for the second straight year we're gonna be at Spotlight twenty nine casino. Eric will be there our friend Christian Ncoyer will join the show. It'll be January twenty fourth. That is a Friday. It's a three hour show, noon to three. Last year the place was pretty packed, so people drove out here for the Eric Dickerson Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there you go where they show up. There you go, what's what's the show with that frame?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard the story. If you've not heard the story. When we walked in, we were confused as to where the show was because we did see some signs it said the Eric Dickerson Show. It didn't even mention our names or I think AM five to seventy for that matter. It was just the Eric Dickerson Show. So we wandered into a room and apparently that's where we were. It was the Eric Show and it'll be back Friday, January twenty four, Spotlight twenty nine Casino. If you leave at the right time, it's a straight shot to the Coachella Valley.
Speaker 5: A ed Fred ain't stopped doll cussing everybody at AM five seventy for that sign that that was so.
Speaker 4: But you know, but here was the killing party to Killing Party Fred Fred Fred got a free meal, eat and still prod was eating up everything ship nobody's fingers off.
Speaker 1: That wasn't good. Are we are? We?
Speaker 2: Are we doing dinner again this year?
Speaker 3: Of course you're doing dinner again.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll call the chairman, Call the chairman.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ready talk to the chairman. I just gotta make sure it's good for you to come. You know, you.
Speaker 1: Listening listeners, I don't know. Fred Fred can put it away.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Fred not a big man, He's not a big guy at all. But man Fred can eat Fred.
Speaker 1: Fred can put it away out of nowhere that's around you Like me, I was watching him like god.
Speaker 5: That state was good too, That was good, the three of them.
Speaker 3: You see one you mean that's those states?
Speaker 5: You mean?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And I'm and I'll say it again. That had to be one of the funniest nights of my life, my entire life.
Speaker 1: That was so much fun that night, that night definitely one of the knights. That is off the record.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you can never bring anything up about that day, but trust me, I wanted to be there for that night, Eric, especially the closing story.
Speaker 3: The clothing was good.
Speaker 2: When oh my god, I laughed all the way back to where I was staying.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe that it's still funny.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was a great story.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So anyway, January twenty fourth, Spotlight twenty nine, Casino, come on out, be a part of the show. We'd love to see you. We want to see you out there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the Rams last night, they really stuck into the vikings pretty good. It was a good moment for the Rams, a great moment for the city. Eric, They certainly rose to the occasion. Now Philadelphia is on the horizon, and what do you think of that one?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I want to say this. I called I know Nicole Bidwill of the Arizona Cardinals, so I sent her a text and I wanted to say, I want to thank you for making our team feel at home, having the emblem on the on the field, find the families, out, the pets, girlfriends, everything.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to thank you, and she was like, she I don't FaceTime. She facetimed me and s Eric said, I just wanted it was it was my honor, you know. She said we had to go we they had to actually go to Mississippi to get the paint because we didn't have the color. She said, they drove a truck down from Mississippi. Uh So I just once again, I want to say that was the first class move to send them both both planes down to bring everyone over. And I mean, like I said, I really want to thank her for that because they didn't have to do that. I mean, that's a that's in our conference. You know, it's not a rivalry. But I mean I've always liked Nicole and I sent to her and a brother. They did the first class job on that, so I want to thank them fors for that. Now talking about the football game, I mean, Fred, you said they're gonna lose.
Speaker 3: I get you pick. You picked.
Speaker 4: You picked the Vikings, and everybody saying, well, we should play the Commanders. I'm like, man, I ain't should want to play the Commanders because that go on the back is really good. He's at he's there, he can run, he can throw. Uh I liked him. We played the Vikings because we had beat them before, and we beat them, you know, without all our players in the game. And Sunday, I mean last night, I mean, they dominate that game from the very beginning. The first drive. I got to give Matt Stafford. He didn't throw the ball that much. You know, he didn't have to. I mean the defense played fantastic. I mean they really shut the Vikings down. The Bikings have a high powered offense. And what's the quarterback name for the Viking the usc fella? Yeah, Sam Don Mark Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam Donald. I think, man, that might be the last time he played the Biking uniform. I mean, but you know it wasn't his fault. I mean you got to say, because that defense man was he had no time. They could say hold the ball, but he hadn't. He was no where to throw it. I got to give McVeigh and I've always said McVeigh I think is a great coach man. He really is. I mean I think he's he's a bother as a coach. He runs the football sometimes when you think he shouldn't run it. Uh, he doesn't get off his game plan because I think when he first became a head coach, I would see sometimes he panic. You know, I could tell you anyone he like falling behind. And but when they when one thing. When the Rams scored first, pretty much they win the football game. And when they scored first, I said, they didn't win this game. And the defense I got to say, was dominant last night. Dominant. So all the fans that travel over, yeah yeah, I couldn't travel over. Hey, good way to go ram fans, way to show up and uh way.
Speaker 3: To go Los Angeles Rams.
Speaker 4: And you know playing Philadelphia, I mean Philadelphia beat us down the first time they really did. I mean safe one Barkley the reason he got close to getting close to my record two thousand. You know, he had two hundred and fifty five yards rushing. That's like having two and a half football games, right, that really is. I mean, that's that's how that's how great he played. H Philadelphia has one of the best offensive lines in football. They have a I think the best defense in football, specially the deeps best defensive line. They have a really good quarterback. He's acual too. But let's I think that the you know, when you get embarrassed like that, when you play a football team, you don't get embarrassed again. I think this game will be a very good game. I think it'd be very close. This game we can win because you know what, Fred, nobody expect us to be here. I've got to go back to what I said at the beginning of the year, what did I say, Fred? Three to five games? That's all the song. I could see.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 4: I couldn't. I said, I want us to win more. But I don't see it. I'm not over there every day. I don't see the personnel. I don't know the guys, the young guys that we have. I don't know how good the defense is. I didn't see up to Aaron Donald Beth. I'm like, man, we just had Aaron Donald Backett. But you know, I saw Aaron a couple of weeks ago. He said, I said, you like very tited. I said, love it.
Speaker 3: So he's liking that.
Speaker 4: But I've got to say the defense really really has stepped up these last couple of weeks, and last night they did, and let's just hope Sunday when they played the Philadelphia Eagles, because they have something to proves, because Philly came in here a couple of weeks ago and really, they bitch slapped him. That's what I all like say. They slapped him around and then left and laughed at them. And you know how Philly and Philly fans are nasty. They they nasty fans. I mean, I saw where they were cursing an old, older lady just for having a package jersey. I mean, I've never liked going to Philly. I've never like playing in phillip Sorry, I played mans fans hate they hate themselves. Oh they do, they do. I hope I win Philly. They booed me in warm ups.
Speaker 5: When I tell you, Philly fans, they booed me in warm ups.
Speaker 1: You know how you warm up.
Speaker 5: Man, You know, you just running through stuff and plays and whatever and and uh, you know, you do a little seven on seven and then you get the team together before you go in. Uh.
Speaker 1: It was like two plays in a row, like overthrew the.
Speaker 5: Cat, you know, on the sideline, and then I threw one when the guy was a little high and guy dropped the fans behind, like game even even sturdy yet, and they booing me.
Speaker 1: Thank god we were they first series though. We went down and scored.
Speaker 3: But man, they was booring.
Speaker 1: They was dog cussing me, booing me. They can't.
Speaker 5: I got to a point where I couldn't. Holly couldn't come to the games in the stands. He couldn't send the stands. Yeah, we Holly, Holly couldn't come in the stands because he was getting fights.
Speaker 1: Yes, fight, believe yes, he was getting a fight. Man, ain't the care. This is fans in the in the in the family section.
Speaker 4: You know the fans they are they are like, I don't know, like man, they nasty fans. I mean they make the Raider fans look like like priests, Christians, like a good old Christians, like a.
Speaker 1: Monk oh Man.
Speaker 5: But I will say, you know, obviously right the defense, I am, I've not seen that young defense play like that. They like they were they ain't been fed in two months and they they were eating And yeah, Sammy, Sammy and I talked about this earlier. Sam Sam held on the ball a couple of times too long and a few of them sacks were on him.
Speaker 1: But man, he had he had people in his face all night long.
Speaker 5: And it's unfortunate, like we said, it's unfortunately because he probably lost about dollars, you know, them thinking about retaining him and signing him back in Minnesota. Now all the talk is okay, let's get ready for JJ McCarthy next year, and Sam's gonna you know, free agent is gonna go somewhere else. I say, I caution that because you better be careful. You better know that JJ McCarthy is gonna be good and really good. He ain't played it down in the NFL yet. And if you get rid of him then and and he goes somewhere else and comes back to haunt you, that's gonna be on you. So they they're in a they're in an interesting situation with because he not, you know, not trying to make He shouldn't make Dak Prescott money, but he should get paid by somebody. And I don't know, you know Minnesota, you know, goes that route and says, okay, we're gonna get rid of Sam and go with JJ. They just better be careful because they better be sure that net Cloty always say somebody in the wings better be better than what you got.
Speaker 1: You better be better than what you got.
Speaker 5: But what I also saw on the Rams is and I said, he do you tell me the difference between the RAM game and the Charger game is that it felt with all the hype and all the things going on to transferring the game to to Phoenix and you know the Cardinals, you know in the NFL coming on board and making that field look like it was the RAM field and all that kind of stuff, and the buses coming over from the Rams. I mean all of that was documented, all of the you know, the the Rams wearing La F's you know, FD on the sweatshirts and all the players have it on the T shirts underneath their jerseys and all that kind of stuff. It just felt that they went all out and were on a mission to to.
Speaker 1: Do this for the city of l A.
Speaker 3: Most definitely, I feel the same. I think that they wanted I felt.
Speaker 1: It like give them something to love.
Speaker 4: From the time the game started, I felt like, we're gonna win this football game. I don't know why, and I just I just probably gonna win the football game. I felt they were ready for this game. You know, we were underdogs. I think what's the coach told uh uh one of the wish coach said, what I will see you in two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you know that's that's that's bulletboard material, you know how you know how they ride you say something about a team player or they put that in. I ain't know they still did that hurt the Rams out that was that was on their bulletin.
Speaker 2: Troit said that right Detroit Daniel Dan Campbell said, Dan Cambell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we'll see you. We'll see you in two weeks. You know, basically, you know you're gonna beat the Rams. You know you'll beat them, So we'll see you in two weeks. But it just goes to show that uh football, you gotta play that, you got to play the game. You have to play the game. And you know, it felt like, truly, I got to say, the game that I watched with with with the Chargers and the game that I watched with with uh l A, it seemed more like the Rams were at home than even the Chargers. I mean, they felt like they were like like next time most a home game you almost forgot because it looked so much like I would do with the Ram.
Speaker 3: In the field.
Speaker 4: I mean that with the the atmosphere in the stadium, the way fans, yeah, the crowd, the crowd everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, so most definitely I'm glad we're over there to take to take care of business. So and I keep telling you, Fredd about that little team cross Town. I says, little team. You know.
Speaker 4: You kept saying, oh yeah, you know, he's what he said last week. Ridney's he done some.
Speaker 3: Miraculous miraculous, miraculous the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like oh Fred, he was some poet pumped in a skyty exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, let's say, Eric, they did it pretty good. I think I think they actually, And of course, and the funny thing about this is, first, I thought they did a good job of cementing whatever footprint they have in the marketplace. And I think Jim Harbaugh will continue to grow them and make them better. Here's the dilemma, and it's the Lakers and Clippers have to face it. The Kings and Ducks have to face it, and other chargers have to face it with the Rams. You know something, when one is hot and starts to go and the other doesn't, you forget about the other one in the market like this, so reverse it. If the Rams had been smoked and the Chargers had won, we'd be going, well, look at the Chargers and the Rams kind of fall off.
Speaker 3: If if was the fifth, we'd all be drunk. That's it for it.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, that's what losers always say that. Man, if we did I'm telling you, man, we had them get the man.
Speaker 3: We man. Our defense had three turns. We may have turned about three times.
Speaker 1: Man we did.
Speaker 2: We know what I'm saying, but because of the ramsay, and.
Speaker 3: That's what losers say that though the ram did win.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying because the Rams won, the Charges take a step back.
Speaker 4: No, I'm gonna say this fair. If the Chargers would have won and the Rams would have lost. Okay, Chargers are still the Chargers. Just don't get that confused.
Speaker 3: There's still a little team cross town. It's like the Clippers.
Speaker 5: Know.
Speaker 4: Look, look I've been in the stadium. I've been this Clippers game. An exciting game, but they gonna always be the Clippers.
Speaker 3: You know. They never gonna be the Lakers.
Speaker 4: It's like the like the Anaheim the Angels down Anaheim, They're gonna always be the angel and the Dodgers gonna always be the Dodgers. I don't care how you fix it. I don't care who the coaches. They can bring New Rockney back and put him on the side. They still don't be the Chargers. They need to say Dash and Santiago.
Speaker 1: They need to do.
Speaker 2: Is presented by out Like twenty nine Casino, Eric Dickerson's favorite spot in the Coachella Valley. Check out Spotlight twenty nine dot com for the best entertainment center for twenty nine rewards where you play, earn points and spend them however you prefer. You'll see why Spotlight twenty nine Casino is Coachella's best bet. Okay, we will have library hours during the football game and we'll talk about that next.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's go. It's Tuesday. Please stay safe out there. Rody P.
Speaker 5: Fred Rugan, Hall of famer Eric Dickson on the Ford NFL Spotlight.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: All right, So the Rams have the Eagles coming up this weekend, and that means they'll have a chance to play against Eagle receiver AJ Brown and uh Brown was caught on the sideline reading a book. Now, the camera caught him reading the book, and everybody thought, what is he reading? And after the game he said, well, this is not unusual for me. I read all the time. It's just the first time anybody caught me reading the book on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Guys, you by that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I mean.
Speaker 4: Look, I mean, first of all, when you're on the sidelines, Fred, you know you don't have to be like watching the game. Like I can say this much. You two things that I didn't watch when it went to kickoff. Uh uh, I turned my back to that. It was just too violent. I couldn't watch it. I hated it. Point return, same thing. Couldn't watch it. Too violent. I mean you could be on the sideline then whatever. I mean, I'm back in the day, guys on the sideline smoking. I mean, there's a lot of things. I mean, you got your back turn. You can sit there with your head. Be honest with you, what what's the difference you had books?
Speaker 1: So what you think? Whatever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when it's your turn to get out there, you go, yeah, sure, you know it's defense out there.
Speaker 1: I remember, yeah, being a fiel. I remember Philly.
Speaker 5: They came at me hard because I wasn't up watching the defense when I was when we were off the field, I'm sitting on the bench and you know sometimes you know, when you get off, you go through.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is what happened last year. This is how they played.
Speaker 5: You look at these pictures or look at this, you know, and now they got videos they can show you, but it was like, look at the pictures and this is what they how they lined up, and this is what they ended up. Man. And after that you're like, okay, do whatever you want to do until we go back on the field. And I wouldn't get up necessarily until it was like third, third down or whatever. And I was like, okay, if we got to if they stop and we're getting ready to go, but I would be on the bench and and and got criticized for not watching the game and for for individuals. Everybody's different, everybody's processing different, everybody's doing their thing different. As long as he is locked in when he's playing on the field, who cares what he does in between when he when they all fence is not on the field. You could read a book, Like I said, guys, guys have got headphones and they look listen to music and in between and guys are doing whatever in between, and everybody, every individual is different in that in that realm does not mean that he's not into the game.
Speaker 2: No, I get that. But you but but you know, and it's funny, Rodney, you said, people said, whyren't you watching the game? Well, what are you doing over there? You're not into the game. So it's not surprising that people saw this and reacted the way they did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean people like it's like people have no idea what's going through NFL players, man, because they've never done it before. You know, a lot of these guys, you know, you have to say, oh, man, I could have played pro.
Speaker 3: I hurt, my knew. I'm like, man, you could have played No damn pro shit the hell up?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I mean they have no clue. Man, I'm serious. I mean when you're out there, you are locked in. When when you're playing, I mean, look, every every player, like I was never a raw rod guy. You never catch me giving one of them them some speeches. You know, let's do this, let's go. That was not me, That's just I was the guy I was sitting there. You know, the guy gave that kind of speet, that Rod Rock speech.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 4: But if he didn't cool, it didn't make no difference to me because I knew what I had to do. I mean, like I say, every player processes things way different. I didn't like watching the defense play sometimes sometimes I did most of them. I would just sit on the bench. I couldn't even see, all right, And some players they stood and watched every every player.
Speaker 3: I wasn't that kind of player.
Speaker 1: No, No, I get it.
Speaker 5: Remember, And they made a big deal out of out of uh, Marshawn Lynch when he was eating skittles on the on the sideline. They made a big deal him having the skittles and on on the sideline, like, oh, what is he doing eating skittles? And that became a big thing until until he turned it around and made it, you know, made it funny and comical, and then you know, had got to deal with skittles.
Speaker 1: I mean, he gotta a pr deal.
Speaker 5: So, I mean it is different, Fred, it is different how people get ready for a game and during during downtime, in the middle of a game.
Speaker 1: It's all different for each individual.
Speaker 5: And if it is something I need to do this to calm my brain, or I need to do this to kind of get me back focused, or I need to do this so I can get ready for the next series. You don't care. As a teammate, You don't care whatever you got to do. Man, As long as I know and on third and eight you're gonna be open, that's all I care about. That's all I care about. I don't care if you reading that a stickers bar or a hot dog. I don't care, as long as you're gonna do your job when I need you to do your job.
Speaker 2: Four an NFL spotlight driven by your Southern California Ford Dealers. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with a Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric. What you choose to do with that much power is up to you. Toughness smart can only be called.
Speaker 1: F one fifty.
Speaker 2: Dion Sanders is not leaving Colorado. He's not leaving Colorado unless, of course, maybe the raiders or the cowboys call, So we'll talk about that