Speaker 1: This is the Minnesota Goodbye Welcome. Let's get started with reading those emails now. I will warn you this is the no preview version, no pre read version of the Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 2: Oh we love this version.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is is sometimes I'll get part way through one realize that it's either something we've talked about endlessly before or it's not appropriate, either way too dirty or just way too a you know. So we'll see what happens. So let's get let's get started and see what it holds for us today. Good Morning Show, Crewe, Good morning Morning Show, Crewe. You guys, I'm so confused. I saw a post on Facebook yesterday see attached from a local restaurant congratulating someone named Dave on winning their back to school drawing for a prize of one thousand dollars. When I saw the photo of the winner, I immediately recognize them. It's Drake, Yes, Drake from the Morning Show. I'm so confused. Is Drake's real name day or did he give them a fake name? Can you guys help clear this up?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 1: Maybe Drake will finally repay the money that he owes you because he owes me one thousand dollars. Lastly, I haven't written for a while, so I'd love a morning show sticker if you still have them, And that is from Christy. I'm going to click on this photo because sometimes people want to say that it's Drake and then it's really not Drake, because people do that with me sometimes too. They'll be like, okay, wait, that's Dave. Yeah, that's one hundred percent Drake. Yeah, it says We're thrilled to announce that Dave is the winner of our one thousand dollars back to school raffle. That is Drake, Jenny, take a look, where are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he was so he says Dave. That's really interesting. It's possible that he, you know, told them his name was Drake and they thought it said Dave or the guy who has put it up on Facebook. I don't know, but no, I you know, it would be nice if I got paid that money back, but I've written it off, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like, I'm a.
Speaker 3: Little concerned about the fact that that's a back to school drawing and I think it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be for kids. Yeah, that's what I want.
Speaker 5: That is so strange.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's in shock.
Speaker 5: Apye, I'm googling it. WHOA, no one's commented on it and said anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Next email, Jennifer Fleming from Spamtown, Minnesota says, good morning. First of all, I want to thank you guys for making my mornings. You're the best. I love the new additions to the show. I really love to hear that because I think that I also love the new additions to the show. I think that not only are you guys fun and different on the radio, but you also help Jenny out a lot, because Jenny really was struggling a year or so ago or for the last year with not getting enough help on the show. And Jenny was stressed and she has anxiety, and Jenny was just really stressed about the show. And and you guys really do pitch in and you help, and you do things, and you do things without being reminded, and you do things right the first time. And Jenny and I know we've both worked with people who need to be reminded and don't do things right the first time. Fallon, I'm kidding joke.
Speaker 2: Ellen was always on top of her you.
Speaker 1: Know whatever, that woman comes in late every morning smelling like booze.
Speaker 2: Some one that was in first.
Speaker 4: What was to be you or her?
Speaker 2: And Drake? She was in first before all of the eyes.
Speaker 1: Come in late smelling like booze. There's twenty dollars missing from your wallet. Your sandwich is gone from the refrigerator. She's eating a sandwich that looks like your sandwich. And that bitch would say, no, I'm right off.
Speaker 2: That is true. She did always steal our food.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm joking. I'm joking, all right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they go on to say they were talking, you were talking about the Venmo mom, and I can totally relate the Venmo mom to pound it into the ground. One more time was a mom who was on Instagram or TikTok and said, I'm not doing volunteering. I'm not hosting the parties. I'm not field trip mom. I will Venmo to my kids school to support them, but i will not volunteer. And if you want to hear her, she was on the show this morning. You can hear it on the Dave Ryan podcast replay at seven oh five ish and again at about eight twenty ish. So really interesting. I can totally relate. I got a son in hockey, which is a time commitment in itself and the longest season ever. It's got to be one of the most expensive sports for kids to play. Just signing him up is over one thousand dollars, which does not include equipment. That's crazy. Then we're expected to work hours in the concession stands. I refuse to do this and have to pay four hundred dollars because I do not have time to work. I'm a single mom with two other kids, so I guess that classifies me as a Venmo mom. I think about that now too. When Carson was in band, you had to either work the concession stand at football games or donate fifty bucks. We all always donated the fifty bucks. So I guess I'm a Venmo dad.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I also believe hockey parents are intense and over the top kids playing year round and in way too many tournaments. I feel like I'm the only chill hockey mom, and I don't get overly excited or pissed if they lose a game.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 1: They're just kids having fun and learning to work as a team in my opinion. Anyway, Rant done. Thanks for entertaining every morning I might commute to work. Love you guys. Jen Fleming from Spamtown, Minnesota, which is known as Austin where they make spam. Hockey parents are fucking crazy. That's all I'll tell you right now. And I'm trying to be a little bit provocative, but hockey parents are fucking crazy because it's like, Okay, we've gotta get a little Jennifer out on the ice. She's had ice time this morning at five point thirty before school. Then we get her home taker get his shower. Then little Jennifer's got to go to school from eight thirty until three thirty. Then after that we get a driver to Faribau for hockey practice, hockey lessons, hockey camp, hockey clinic. Then she comes home, she gotta study hockey films, and then she gets to sleep for two hours before she has ice time. To my fuck yet, fuck that? Whoa fuck all that? Whoa fuck it? I might being too much, yes, supervocative, little No.
Speaker 2: I like it. I mean this is I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: If I ever do decide to have kids, I don't want I want to be like how Fallin used to say. I don't want them involved in shit. I don't want to have to be going to a bunch of stuff. And that's like the exact opposite of how I grew up, because my mom was like, you're gonna do piano, you're gonna do clearinet, You're gonna be in this sport, in this sport and that sport, in this side club. And I did it all. But I don't know, I don't want to be going to all those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think as a parent it can be exhausting. And I kind of admire hockey parents. And I know I give you a hard time because it's such a Minnesota thing to love hockey, but you know, I admire you, and I think if you played hockey, you want to pass that love of that sport onto your kid, and especially if your kid loves it and enjoys it. You know, good kids should have something that they love and enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What you know, what no parents should do is be like, well, I was a hockey champ at Farobou High School, and you're going to be a hockey champ too, Sally or Robert. I don't like that. But the great thing about me, I never pressured my there's a lot of great things about me. One of them is I never pressured my kid to do better than I did because I didn't do very well, you know what I mean. There was no bar I wasn't a great baritone or trumpet player. I wasn't a great boy scout. I was never an athlete. I was never a great student. So I was never like, you know, your dad got straight age back at high school. So I pressured them, but I didn't overpressure them.
Speaker 5: I think it's different too when you have like you're involved in an activity where your parent can just bring you to the school, drop you off, and you take the bus to go to a tournament, versus like hockey, where you have to like drive your kid everywhere with all of their stuff and their gear, and it's like you're involved in it. It's so much easier to just like be not involved in their activity, because then I say, do all the activities you want if all I have to do is drop you off, amazing, Yeah, good bye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: With Allison's I will give full credit. Allison was in volleyball at Chaska. It's a big volleyball school, and she was picked to be on the team when she was too young to be on the team, but she was taller than all the other girls and she was dedicated. She went to all of the practices and training and strength and speed training and all that. But she wasn't very aggressive, so she didn't get to play very much. And we'd go to her games and we'd sit there and watch an hour and a half game and she'd get to play for like eight points total. They put Alison in and then they take her right back out, and it broke my heart a little bit for because she really did try. But she is a kind timid soul. Yes, and it you know the girls that are like really good, they're bad asses and they're like get out of my way, throwing elbows and like punching girl, Yes exactly. And she would like watch the ball come toward her and be like, Okay, you get it. Oh, I don't want to get in your way.
Speaker 4: You get it.
Speaker 1: So they would take her out and Alan Susan would go to all of her touring, traveling volleyballs so much time.
Speaker 4: It was awful.
Speaker 1: It was awful, Yeah, but I made up for it. I with I did all the boy scout stuff with Carson. I went on all the campouts, I went on the three week long adventures. I went on the sailing and the canoeing shit. So it was a ton of time. Amber writes in Hello Friends, Yes to Anita's corner on the Minnesota Goodbye. She is my spirit animal. She was on the show yesterday ranting about what she rant about yesterday, her.
Speaker 3: Kids who ignore her all day long, and then she gets to work and they ask her a million questions and she's like, where the fuck is your dad?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Exactly right, and I'm at work now.
Speaker 1: Amber says, I'm mom the same way as her f bombs and all her rants made me realize my mom thoughts are normal. Smiley face, love you. You're one and only fan into Defiance Ohio.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: Go buck guys, let's see Megan writes in Hello Radio, Besties. I can totally relate to the listener who wrote in about unconventional crushes. And I've been made fun of by my friends and family for mine, I got to explain to them how much more attractive someone becomes to me when they have a great personality and traits like being funny, intelligent, or talented. I recently binge watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. And my current celebrity crush is Bob Odenkirk, specifically from his Jimmy McGill days. There's just something about the depth of that character and how he plays it, on top of the fact that he's funny and comes across as kind and smart and real life. I know I'm late to discovering these shows, but they're so good. I'd love to know I'm not alone. And my Bob Odenkirk obsession, even though he's old enough to be my dad. I recently received my staff writer sticker, so thank you for that. All Right, we all have a great week from Megan. Bob Odenkirk played Saul Goodman on Better Call Saul, and he's Breaking Bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the one with the glasses right. Not usually no, not usually the wrong person.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me that in my dog poop video that went viral on Instagram and TikTok. I think he's got like over a million views on TikTok where I'm picking up the dog poop with my bare hands and I put in the bag and people thought it was real, and so many people said, hey, it's it's Walter White. From Breaking Bad, and I thought, God, do I look like Walter White from Breaking Bad? I guess I do, because many people said, thanks, mister White.
Speaker 4: Really you look like Brian Cranston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no I would not. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean when I look at you every day, almost yeah, you're like a white man.
Speaker 5: No, but a white man in the same age bracket. So no, I don't think you look like Brian Kriston.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's delete that one from Megan d and get onto Stephanie. Thanks so much for the information on the app, Minnesota on a Stick. What an awesome tool, Jenny. That was something you brought up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just an app you can download for the Minnesota State Fair where you can favorite items that you want to try and then it shows you exactly where they are and where they're located, and like the distance it takes to get to them. So I've been using it when I've been out there.
Speaker 1: That is super cool. By the way, you by the time you hear this will probably be done. But we're going to be at the State Fair today, probably my last day at the fair.
Speaker 4: I don't not.
Speaker 1: Want to go back this weekend, but I want to do something else. I've been to the fair today will be four times, and I want to do something else this weekend. And I don't know what I want to do this weekend, but I don't want to come back and say, yeah, we kind of laid around the house. Yeah, we probably go to the Renaissance Facival.
Speaker 5: You talked about going to the Renansal on Saturday, because that's when I'm working.
Speaker 4: We might do that. I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to go out of town, sure, but I don't Susan doesn't want to ride the motorcycle.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Go up to like the luth or something or two Harbors would be nice.
Speaker 4: Everything's probably booked up. This is a huge no. Okay, you could.
Speaker 3: Still find places because last year we're going up to the same air and Airbnb that we did last year, but we just booked it like the week of a couple days before for Labor Day weekend because we were going to go camping, and then last Labor Day weekend was like one hundred degrees and we were like, yeah, we don't really want to camp in like one hundred degree other So there were plenty of things open that we were able to book last year, so I'm sure you can find something.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we might. We're still not sure. Another email, Good morning, gang. Funny thing you mentioned the iHeart app yesterday. I've always listened to The Minnesota Goodbye on a competitors platform that rhymes with mystify hmmm, and I thought I had it made because there were only ever one or two commercials, and sometimes none, never any in the middle. Well something changed this week. Now there are ninety seconds of commercials at the start and end, and sometimes ran in the middle. Same thing with Fallon and Jenny's podcast. I was listening the other day and it cut in twice within an eighteen minute span for commercials. They're always loud as hell and are gonna blast me out of the back of my car one of these days. Anyway, Okay, Well that's interesting. I think it's possible that the podcasts are doing well that they can monetize them. So, in other words, thank you for listening. And I know a lot of people tell their friend about the Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 4: Do that.
Speaker 1: Make sure you tell a friend about the Minnesota Goodbye, because now we have enough listeners to monetize that. How much of that money will we see, Jenny.
Speaker 2: We will see zero percent of.
Speaker 1: A zero percent is accurate, but it's good to know the companies making some money.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Another subject, I'm late to this, but you asked about seeing your profession and movies and TV. I am a firefighter and I don't don't even get me started on all the inaccuracies. I also don't understand the obsession which shows about police and fire. There must be at least ten different ones on right now. What makes me really roll my eyes is watching actors shoot that have absolutely no recoil.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm no.
Speaker 1: Weapons expert, and I'm sure there are some specialized guns out there that are made to have very little recoil, but I highly doubt these characters have them. So just remember if you see a character shoot a gun and it has no recoil, the actor probably has no clue about how guns work. Also, if you ever need a good chuckle, google Kevin Bacon using a hammer in Tremors. He must miss the staple eight times before he finally hits it. Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Any who.
Speaker 1: That's all for now, have a great day. That there's a scene in Grease that somebody pointed out that's a film flub. I think it's a it's a woman in the office, because remember the grease starts with their making then announcements. Yes, and I think somebody I don't know if it's a beginning or what, but she's got her hands full and she reaches for the light switch with her elbow. Yes, she misses it by a mile, but the lights go off anywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So maybe the Google light switch scene in Greece. I don't know, but it was kind of funny, and I think it's one of those things where they maybe don't notice it when they're recording it or filming it, and then later they go, well, we're not going to set up that shot and do it again, or maybe the director said, you know what, it's good enough. And I'm going to guess that probably in gun shooting scenes, the actors don't know what recoil is and the director is like, they don't care either. So thank you. That was a fun email from Maria the Firefighter. Okay, I think we have time for one more Minnesota goodbye email and let me find it here we go. Hello, besties, Now I love this one. They live in Phoenix and I love, love love When people who don't live here listen to our show, that is the best. That is just so flattering. Staff writer Laurel writes in I was listened to the Toothbrush and the buttthole story. I got so many comments on that when I was dealing Blackjack with the Treasure Island booth yesterday at the fair, and I had several people come up and say, Dave really enjoyed the quality family entertainment of the toothbrush stuck in the asshole story. And if you didn't hear it was a woman who she wrote in on Tuesday and said that her boyfriend called her and said, you got to pick me up. I need to go to the emergency room. And she said, why she goes picks him up. He's got a toothbrush stuck in his butt. He was brushing his teeth in the shower, slipped, fell, landed just the wrong way and the toothbrush went up his butt got stuck. And she's like, okay, well we go to the er. They take it out, but I don't believe that he. Is it possible to get a toothbrush stuck in your butt that way? We all agreed no, and then she said, well, why was he doing this? What kind of kink is that? Is that a kink? Is that a thing? Is he going to ask me to do that? Is he going to want to do that to me? And then she asked, does that mean he's gay? And they were all, I guess valid questions to her, but we were also we were looking at each other like, can't believe that our show is the same one that does Christmas Wish and Rogers Rescue Ride and broadcast from Children's Minnesota Hospital and talks about a toothbrush in your buttthole. But that's what came up, and it turned out that a lot of people had a lot to say about it. Somebody asked, and we never asked when was it an electric toothbrush? We never found out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, did we not.
Speaker 3: I assumed it wasn't because that's even a thing, because then I'm thicker boy that too, And like, why would you bring an electric toothbrush into the shower to brush your teeth because then short circuit you would die?
Speaker 4: No, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're accurate on that one, because I think a toothbrush electric toothbrush is very waterproof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably make it that way. You're doing it by the water, but if you want to put it up your butt in the shower.
Speaker 1: In case you want to put it up your butt. I was listed to the podcast or the Toothbrush and the Butt Whole story, only to hear a golden line by Bailey talk about filling a cavity.
Speaker 5: I have to say someone texted that in and I was reading it, so that was, oh my joke.
Speaker 1: The fact that this was not received with the round of resounding applause is frankly unacceptable. I cackled aloud. Anyway, That's what I wanted to say. I'd also love a staff writer sticker address below, Laurel, write me back and find out and let me know how you've found our show in Phoenix, Arizona. And also watch for my son, chaseco Lightly on the NBC affiliate kph X chaseco Lightly Reporter extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Wow. Is that what it says next to his name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you, Laurel, and that will do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Send your emails in to Ryanshow at KTWB dot com. That's Ryanshow at KDWB dot com tell a friend about the podcast, maybe sendem a text message and say, did you hear the Minnesota Goodbye? You really got to check this out, because that's how things happen, is we spread the word.
Speaker 4: So do that. What else we want to say? Is there anything else?
Speaker 2: Come see us? A if you listen to this before.
Speaker 5: The fair, okay, But if you don't, come and see me, because I'll be there on Sunday and Monday.
Speaker 4: Be there on Sunday and Monday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then Jenny's there.
Speaker 3: Bailly did me a solid because I was like trying to go out of town for Labor Day weekend and they haven't scheduled me to work Labor Day weekend in like five years, So I was a little shocked when I saw that I was working Sunday, and so Bailey is covering my Sunday shift, and then I'm doing part of her shift on Monday. So I'll be there three to six on Monday.
Speaker 1: Three to six on Monday, okay, And I'll be there one to three on Monday.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: We'll enjoy the last weekend of the fair and maybe we'll see you there. If not, thank you for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye and by the way, staff writer stickers go to anybody who's email we read, and if you want one, send your email in and we will see you next time.