Speaker 1: It's nightside with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Boston's knee radio ninety degrees at eleven o'clock at night. All right, let me give you a little insight into tomorrow. Okay, this is the headline that the New York Times will be printing or is printing now. Ceasefire between Israel and Iran appears to hold after Trump rebuke. The truce went into effect after pressure from President Trump and cut and Cutter. Israel said its forces were now shifting their attention back to Gaza. Okay, let me go to the end of the article here, which I think has some information that is particularly important. Israel and Iran each framed the truce as a victory. Mister Nataniaou celebrated an historic victory in an address to the nation and said Israel had rendered Iran's nuclear project useless. He added, Israel has never had a friend like President Trump in the White House. The Iranian National Security Council said Tehran had forced the enemy to regret and accept defeat and unilaterally stop its aggression. But in a phone call with the leader of the United Arab Emirates, Iran's president is not the Ayatollah, but the President Mussud Peshekian, said Tehran was ready to resolve issues at the negotiating table, According to an official readout of the call by mister Pasekian's office, he also asked the Emoradi leader to tell the United States that Iran was simply seeking its legitimate rights and has no demands on this and definitely has not and will not seek a nuclear weapon. The statement suggested that Iran, despite earlier failed talks, was willing to engage in diplomacy. Well, I think that's pretty interesting. A preliminary, clim classified US report says the American bombing of Iran's nuclear site sealed off the entrances of two of the facilities, but did not collapse their underground buildings, According to officials familiar with the findings, the report said much of Iran's stockpile of enriched uranium had been moved before the strikes, which destroyed little of the nuclear material. The early finis concluded that the strikes set back Iran's nuclear program by only a few months. The official said, now, again, these are leaks, so you have to look at leaks with some skepticism. The Israeli military's chief of staff Lieutenant General Al Zemir said on Tuesday that Israeli forces were now shifting their attention back to Gaza as the ceasefire with Iran appeared to be holding. The focus, he said in the stadium was to bring home the hostages, said in a statement was to bring home the hostages and top of Iran's rules. Analysts said, mister net Yahu routing a way of Israeli public support for the war against Iran. May now I'll be in a stronger position Togo see an end to the devastating war in Gaza that began more than twenty months ago. So I mean I'm optimistic, Okay, I'm always an optimist. And the reporters who I've just quoted from, there's a whole lot of them, but primarily Isabelle Kirshner, Aaron Boxerman, Maggie Haberman, and Michael Levinson. So with that, I want to know what you think. Are you optimistic like I am? That doesn't mean I would rather be optimistic than my friend Glenn, who seems to be pessimistic. Let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to David and Maine. David, appreciate your patience waiting through the news. You are next on nightside. I wanted to read people what was being going to be set in the New York Times tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, David, Yes, because to hear from you sometimes I heard on the radio. I use it transistor radio. I lived up in the Deep Wilderness and Auto, Maine. I used to I used to work as a chef in Boston, but I've been retired for twelve years and I live in the Deep Woods. But I do pick up WBZ from time to time, and I always I kind of miss the radio stations down in that area because that's where I'm originally from. But here's the thing that's puzzling me. Oil is a major commodity for Russia. They produce a lot of it, and I think Russia. I commend Trump for doing what he did, because I think that was the only move that he could have on the chessboard of trying to get rid of the Iranian new program. However, what I don't understand is how Camoran hasn't blown up the oil installations all around the Gulf of Camoose, because that was then the price of a barrel of oil maybe to one hundred and fifty a barrel, and that would really help usher out, which is, by the way, Iran's number one. Ally, how come they haven't done that, Well, they That's an obvious thing. And I'm wondering if if Iran is so fixated with Israel, they might have lost sight of the only option that they probably have in their arsenal Well, they.
Speaker 1: Rely upon oil as well, uh, and they have a lot of oil facilities that are well within the range of US offshore ships. So you could have sort of a mutual assured destruction situation there whereby what I mean by that is Trump may have told Iran, you mess with the straights straight of home oves and you're going to lose your oil production facilities. And if you lose your oil production facilities, it really doesn't matter what the price of oil is, because if you have nothing to sell, what difference does it make.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing is that, in a roundabout way, I'm thinking that it would actually level the playing field because if the global economy tanks.
Speaker 3: Then the overall.
Speaker 2: Strategic situation changes dramatically because suddenly Russia has this high commodity of oil to sell if the price goes through the route, because Russia is a major producer. They are a basket economy. Anyways, I hate everything that Russia is.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Well, again, I don't know that Aron wants to help Russia that much. It would seem to me that our planners, our military planners, probably have thought of this possibility. We'll have to see other places. I will always say this, here's what Here are the canaries and the goal in the in the coal mine. You might want to think about, what is the stock market done in the last two days. It's gone up twice.
Speaker 2: That's a good Yeah, well, well that's a good sign. But here's the thing is that that's the only that's the only possible option I would think Iran would have because I thought I Ran and Russia were like extremely close. I guess they're not as close as I thought they were.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you're right. I think they're close. But but again I think that Iran may realize, after what happened to them on Saturday night, that that President Trump means says what he means, and means what he said what he says, I mean, you know, it means that's all. Look, something happened. Why is why? Why is that?
Speaker 2: Look at that war that was bought between Iran and Iraq. That was an eight and a half to nine year war between that I had told a committee that not case in Iran versus Saddam Hussein. About a million or Iraqis died in about one and a half million Iranians died. The border changed hardly, nothing changed. I might have changed two or three times. The Iranians battle hardened to long battles. I think what Iran might try to do, even though they're extremely weak, is to draw us into this thing by maybe just blowing up everything on the Persian Gulf, even if they have nothing to sell and they lose everything.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I Am not going to be as dystopian. I'm not going to be as pessimistic as that. All the signs that I see as of right now are pointing in the right direction. And I'm trying to talk to people rationally. And You've been one of my rational callers tonight for which I appreciate this. David, Have you retired? I want I'm more interested in you. You said you're up in the backwoods. You made did you retire? Are you done working?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm close to my mid seventies.
Speaker 3: I'm happier up here.
Speaker 2: I live in the wilderness. Uh, good for you, good for the I I missed the city, and it's in its own way. But you know, when you when you when you're when you own a lot of land and you live in the wilderness, it's a kind of a different world. It's it's I'll tell you, it's all trumpy up here. The people are mainly good in a Rooster County for the most Well.
Speaker 1: How far are you from the Canadian border? How far are you from the Canadian border?
Speaker 2: I'm only twelve miles because Holton was right on the Canadian border literally, and.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to go to the big city, you can ride down in bangor.
Speaker 2: Someday, or I guess I could go to fred Erington, which is on the other side of the border as well.
Speaker 1: Look, thank you for Have you ever called before? Now this is your first time?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I've called you people a long time ago, several times.
Speaker 4: But you know, well I.
Speaker 1: Don't know who you people are. Is this the first time you called my show Nightside with Dan Ray?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, I've called up the shows on the same station.
Speaker 1: But again, Dave. My question. Focus with me for a second here. Yeah, I'm asking you for a reason. Is this the first time you called my show, Dan Ray with Nightside on Nightside?
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we want to give you a round of applause as the first time caller. Okay, that's I wanted to be welcoming. That's all. Please, I'm looking forward to your second call. You're a rational caller. Thank you much appreciate it, David.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Have a great one, good night. We'll take a break, coming right back on Nightside, night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio. I guess I'm the only person in America who's someone optimistic tonight. And based upon what I have seen, the fact that the stock market is up, the fact that the truth seems to be holding, the fact that the New York Times is acknowledging that this truce, this ceasefire, seems to be holding the fact that Iran, who has been a pain in our butt for forty six years, who Iran that killed over two hundred and fifty US Marines in Beirut in nineteen eighty three, and whose roadside bombs killed American soldiers, a thousand at least can be attributable to the Iranian roadside bombs. They have been. They have been the puppeteers of Hezbollah Hamas the hooties isis this? I guess I'm the only one that's seeing this as a positive. Everybody else thinks it's bad anyway. If you agree with me five, If you disagree with me, doesn't matter. Let me go next to Bill in Pennsylvania, build next on night side garight ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, Dad, You're not alone. I'm with you. I'm very positive because of the news that you just gave us about the New York Times, and I think Maggie Haberman was in on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, you never know who contributed what, but clearly the Times is looking at it, you know, fairly objectively as they should and basically saying, hey, you know, I think that Trump screwed up when he did the social post. It was like, these guys are going to stop fighting, and this would be like being in a heavyweight fight and saying, well, you know, Mohammad Ali is going to fight for twelve rounds and the thirteenth round he's not going to throw any punches. And then Joe Fraser will fight through the thirteenth round, and he'll stop throwing punches in the fourteenth round. I mean, you'd say, what are you nuts, honey?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right, hey, hey. And the other thing that I think, I think this is a fact that the uh, the the vest that the terrorists used to uh blow up Abby Gate, I think that was an Iranian built vest.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't surprise me, wouldn't surprise me at all. Iranian supplied. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And another thing, yeah, and the other thing is if you go back to uh uh North Korea. Okay, we are time and time again. Obama was the president at the time. They're not going to get the nukes underneath my watch and they're not gonna and they were actually they were actually under negotiation table when all of a sudden, uh, North Korea, you know, gets gets a nuke and and uh and this that's one thing that Trump is not going to let that happen again for sure.
Speaker 1: Particularly with with Iran. Again, I don't think that that many in my audience, and which really disappoints me. This is a theocracy and it's the only other theocracy in the world that I know of is the Vatican, and the Vatican is a theocracy. It's a nation state only on a few acres of land inside the city of Rome. It doesn't have any nuclear weapons. If these nut jobs got nuclear weapons, god knows what they do with them. I have a pretty good idea what they'd like to do with them.
Speaker 3: These are these are these are medieval people. Most of them are medieval people that want to have arma gett. I mean, they're they're looking forward to it. So we weren't a much we'ren't a much safer world today. These people that are running around saying that we're not, they're they're fooling themselves. But what's happening right now, Dan, I think that I think that, uh, the the Trump people are sandbagging the press. I think in a few days we're going to come out and maybe it'll week and we're gonna come out. We're going to actually find it, find out that, yes, in fact, that that facility up there at four to oh, okay, well.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I'm not I'm not ready to predict that because I'm not going to go out on a limb for something like that. But I'll tell you, let's see what happens. All I know is this here's what I know. I know that the bombs fell on Saturday night, and that it's now Tuesday and there's a cease fire. Something has changed. Something has changed, uh, and I think I know what it is. And I think that there's probably more damage down there than the than the Iranians want to acknowledge. And we'll see what happens. Bill has always appreciate you call.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 1: Thank you much.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: All right, let me go to Peg Peg in New Hampshire. We have three ladies lined up in a row here. I like this Peg in New Hampshire. Hi Peg, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hi Dan? How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Doing great tonight? Thanks so much for calling to hear you.
Speaker 6: I have it's been a while. Sorry that I work those funny hours, but I have to tell you some nights you deserve a gold star, and tonight some of your callers, you deserve a gold star, just saying then out there for you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So anyways, I honestly I'm only catching part of the news because I do work long hours. I am with you. I am very optimistic, but you and I are smart. We're not going to lower our guns sort of say, you know, not ever, I mean, hey.
Speaker 4: This is great. You know, I'm not going to fully trust you, but this is good. Yeah, it's a start.
Speaker 1: As Ronald Reagan said, trust but verify. So let's see what happens. All I know is this that for some something has happened in the last seventy two hours which has convinced Iran that they have decided to go back and and and stop stop this war. Oh, this battle, whatever you want to call it, this skirmish is more than a skirmish. Okay. So the only thing I can think of is what happened on Saturday night. At there are three nuclear power plants, plights sites. So we'll see, we'll see. I think it's I think it's all positive right now.
Speaker 4: Uh it is.
Speaker 6: We've never seen it. We've never seen in history. I mean, it's been a crazy country.
Speaker 1: And I think that Trump, President Trump took Yahou to the woodshed this morning, reading between the lines. I think that he let b be net Yaho know that hey, we're not messing around here. We did. We did a big favor to them. So hey, I I'm I feel more positive right now about the Middle East that I haven't. While I would have to go back to September of I don't know twenty twenty when the Abraham Accords were being signed, and maybe the Abraham Accords can be broadened now as a result. I don't think Iran's ready to sign the Abraham Accords, but maybe some maybe Saudi Arabia is ready to Iran hates Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia hates Iran. Saudi Arabia is on our side. It's been a while, it's taken a while to get in there. But this, there's a lot that's positive here. Let's be positive.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and that's that's what we're saying, and positivety. Being positive doesn't mean being stupid about it, like you said, Like I said, we're going to be on our guard. But hey, it's a start. Let's go far it So it is good?
Speaker 1: Got it? Hey, peg, great to you your voice, Thank.
Speaker 2: You so much, chocolate.
Speaker 1: Okay, great night. Got a couple of open lines open up six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. A lot of my I call us, who normally are big trumpet callers, have kind of gone in deep underground. Maybe they're afraid that that this that we may be looking at this wrong incorrectly. I don't know. I'm not let me go next to Carol in Randolph. Carol, you were next on Nightside. Welcome.
Speaker 7: Hey Dan.
Speaker 8: I agree with everything you're saying much. I just want to think. I mean, I think that was planned out months ago. You know, I think Trump and nat who had this out planned out months ago. And I am so happy. I was so happy on Saturday Night. It's like, finally we have a president that can do this. And the only thing that really got be disheartened was the media. It's like the main stream media would not acknowledge that, yes, this is important and guess something good is happening. They did everything they could to downplay it. Eron Burnette, she should be ashamed of herself.
Speaker 1: It's funny. You can tell. It's almost like a baseball umpire. And I always use baseball analogies, but if you watch the first inning and one of these umpires is inconsistent, and you know a ball that is off the plate, is they're calling strikes against the Red Sox. Uh, you just say, it's going to be a long night. And there are people, and Erin Burnett is one of them where you just have a sense of you know, what she feels like, and she can't even hide it. You know, Rachel Maddow, Rachel Maddow, who I respect immensely comes out and says it. You know, she's with MSNBC and Bill. Everybody looks at Rachel and you know where Rachel's coming from. That's fine, that's fine. But let me let me tell you when what But you look at Erin Burnette and you just it. It's it exudes how it was.
Speaker 8: She was disslated. Don't they have a peace agreement?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like, what do you want? Do you want us to go to war?
Speaker 6: Eron?
Speaker 8: It's that what you were waiting for. Yeah, it's well, why can they not ever give this man credit for what he's done.
Speaker 1: Well, the funny thing about it is that he comes from this attitude of, uh, you know, what's good for business is good for America. He's kind of a many many ways to throwback, and they don't understand him. There's a lot of things he does that I disagree with, to be honest with you, However, there's when he when he does things that are positive, I'm going to agree with it. I'm gonna I'm gonna say it. It's as simple as that. I'm going to tell you what I believe. And this seems to me to be a moment in time. Look, I don't want to necessarily hurt see the Iranian people hurt. I'm not looking for anything like that. But I don't want to see the people who run around get a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 8: That's exactly I would like to see the Iranian people be free.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be great too, but you know they're gonna have They're gonna have to do that on their own. And the problem is there's no.
Speaker 8: Second I love how Trump said, that's up to them. Yeah, it is the proble what he did, it's up to them.
Speaker 1: The problem is that the fifteen percent who supports the the country over there, they have all the weapons. The eighty five percent who don't support the country, there's no Second Amendment, there's no right to keep in bare arms.
Speaker 8: They're gonna, Thank goodness, and tonight, Dan, all the news is, well, we don't think that he really that the US military really hit the nuclear things. We don't think that they're really disarmed. It's like, what do people want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Oh.
Speaker 8: My god, can you be more negative? And if there was ever a moment for bipartisanship, this was it Saturday when our country should have come together as Americans and said this is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Carol, do me a favorite call my show more often? Would you appreciate it?
Speaker 8: Good talking with you.
Speaker 1: Thanks to talk to someone who's positive. Thanks, Carol, appreciate the call. I know that if you disagree with Carol, you're welcome to call. The only line is six one, seven, nine, one, ten thirty B right back on nightside.
Speaker 4: Right after this, you're on night side with Dan Ray on.
Speaker 5: Radio.
Speaker 1: Everybody's taking the lead shift tonight. They never go to Dot and Medford. Dot, I know what you're going to say, Go right ahead, Dot.
Speaker 9: How do you know?
Speaker 6: How do you know?
Speaker 1: Because I think I know you're a big Donald Trump supporter.
Speaker 9: Of course I am. Hundreds of thousands pound bombs to destroy another country. We should mind. Oh, nett Ya who said jump and he jumped?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Hmm you believable.
Speaker 1: And you're down. Dot is down on Trump.
Speaker 9: We're going to be paid back for this. You just watch watch It's terrible. But I know I know what's going to happen. I can see it well we're going to be paid back for what we did. And Glenn was right. I was totally on Glenn's side tonight.
Speaker 1: Well, Glenn was just such a Debbie downer right tonight.
Speaker 2: You're not he should be.
Speaker 9: I'm a downer too. I'm furious curious.
Speaker 1: I think that Glenn was really depressed. I don't think I think you're angry, which is good.
Speaker 9: I'm angry. Well, I mean I don't get depressed too easy.
Speaker 1: I guess that's what I'm saying. I've never known you.
Speaker 9: I did call the White House today and I got the message line, and I gave my name and the whole bit, and I strongly suggested that since Donald and his two older sons never served, I think he should sign Baron up for the army.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we'll see what happens. We'll see what.
Speaker 9: Don't you think that's a good idea?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that.
Speaker 9: Why should everybody else's kids go?
Speaker 1: Well, I think that Baron has the right to go, and I think there's no draft.
Speaker 9: He's all he's old.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: Should sign him up the money where his mouth is.
Speaker 1: I think, okay, this is from something. How many times you vote for Trump? Three times?
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, so if he ran again against Haaris, I probably have to do it again.
Speaker 1: You anticipated my next question, all right, Dot, I hope the President isn't listening over in the Hague tonight, because well I hope he is.
Speaker 6: I hope he is.
Speaker 9: Okay, curious, I'm furious.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, look, I don't want you to settle down here.
Speaker 9: I'm blowing a gasket.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no. Whatever. Rather have you do is instead of blow a gasket, have a glass of wine.
Speaker 9: Well maybe Scotch would be better.
Speaker 1: Well that could be true, but you know that's your choice.
Speaker 9: Okay, Thanks, do I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Good night, Good good night, Frank Is in Boston. Frank you're next time nights. I go right ahead, you, sir.
Speaker 5: It seems to me like we got ourselves into this problem when we canceled the last deal we had with Iran, and now we're making up for for the cancelation of the deal that we already had. Number one, Number two, Iran might have stopped firing missiles because they didn't want any more buncle bombs dropping on their land, because they had hidden most of the centrifuels in some other area. That would end up getting bombed if they had kept this little.
Speaker 1: War up, well that that could be that could be a disincentive. Frank, Yeah, But the idea is that maybe maybe the arrival of the Bunkle bombs sent a message.
Speaker 5: Well you noticed there's a controversy going on that it might not have been effective as we thought. I mean, we have never used these bombs. He's only been there has only been a scenario.
Speaker 1: So why so if they weren't as effected. Let me ask you, what do you attribute Iran's decision to engage apparently willingly in a ceasefire. Do you think that they have developed the love for Israel? Sure?
Speaker 5: You know, I think they did it to keep them more bars being dropped because they moved them, moved the equipment to some other area, and that if they kept firing then they would end up getting more bombs dropped on their land. Plus when is this going to end? I mean, first they took out Iraq, when they took out this major gun in Iraq that was being built by American scientist's way way back, because they were afraid that they would end up getting a powerful weapon because now they want Iran now, So next is going to be Saudi Arabia and next is going to be Kuwait.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so, Sau.
Speaker 5: Do youation is an event?
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Israel? Frank?
Speaker 5: I think we need to be leary of the fact that they are an authoritarian government. You have a guy.
Speaker 1: Who was which government is more Which government, Frank? Frank in your opinion? I'm just curious which government is more authoritarian, Iran or Israel in your opinion?
Speaker 5: Both of them? Guy?
Speaker 1: What what was it was? My question? Frank? Is I just want to make sure I understand your answers. That's all that that Israel and Iran equally authoritarian.
Speaker 5: At this point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see, Okay, which which of the which government? Which of those two governments have democratic elections? Iran or Israel?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 5: You the other day Israel, But the other day Israel was fighting to keep letting now who from taking over the court system?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, let me ask you this other question, Frank, Frank, let me ask you do you have any gay friends? Frank?
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Well? Which government? Which government executes people for being gay? Israel or Iran?
Speaker 5: Oh? Israel? I mean, I'm sorry, I ran.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Iran.
Speaker 5: What does that have to do with Well.
Speaker 1: If you're talking about an authoritarian government and they're being equally authoritarian if you happen to be a gay person, I don't know that they'd agree with that. To be really honest with you, Well, that's.
Speaker 5: Not the point. The point is that you have a man who's been elected. You got a guy who was put in charge of the defense ministry the other day, and he was categorized as a terrorist his own country. Categorize as a terrorists.
Speaker 1: Who are you talking about? Who are you talking who are you talking about? Him? Sorry? Who are you talking about?
Speaker 5: One of the defense ministers in Israel? Oh, the categorized as a terrorists. He tried to blow up He tried to blow up a bridge in his own country. The old countryman CATEGORIZM and terrorists and he's a defense minister.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, well again, let me ask you, Frank. I gotta ask you a final freg I gotta ask you a final honest question. And you're a great caller. And the reason, even though we disagree on a lot of things, you give me some honest answers. Frank, If I said to you, you got two choices. You could live in Israel or you could live in Iran. Which which country would you choose to live in?
Speaker 5: Again, you're giving me stuff that doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you. I'm asking you a question. If I said to you which country? If I said to you where would you rather live? Canada or North Korea? I think you'd tell me Canada, would you not?
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter matters to me.
Speaker 1: It matters to me. Hey, Frank, I got to run because up my break. But please keep calling my program. I love your calls.
Speaker 5: We have to speak here. Who we're following?
Speaker 1: Okay, I gave you the final word, my friend. I love your calls. Thank you much. Thanks, buddy, talk to you good night. We'll be right back on nights Side. It's Night Side with Boston's News Radio. Okay, we only have a few minutes left. I got pack lines. I'm going to try to get to everyone by who called in. The latest will be last. Let's go to Eric and Maine. Eric. I'm gonna crunch on time just a little bit, Buddy, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish I had more time. Called earlier. I just thought that's to follow there. Dan. You know they forget the Constitution. Boston Harbor was built to deal with the Barbary pirates over off the coast of Africa, and we actually have to deal with our wars overseas instead of here. But that's kind of our subject. I was sitting there over in the Mideast. I got called up or told hey, you got forty eight hours you heading over. It was February of three. You remember what happened March nineteenth, those three Iraqi freedom landed in Prince Sulton. I saw about two hundred fighter planes all loaded on the ramps with bombs, which you never see because they don't want that stuff out there, and everything lined up ready to go. We knew where to go, and you know, there's all the stuff in a un going on. There were protests out in town every Friday because their weekend is Friday and Saturday. Their Holy day is different than ours, and their protests. We weren't allowed to go in town at all because the protests on Fridays because that's their Saturday. And when we finally crossed that border, I was airborne by three thirty in the morning March nineteenth. Saw the carriers turned into the wind. I saw the cruise missiles heading north. And when we got back to base uh two weeks later, we were allowed to go out again into town to do some stuff. Protests were all gone.
Speaker 1: Or like, what what country were you in? I was, I was in I was in cutter.
Speaker 4: But I was in Bahrain for a while, I was in Kuwait, I went to u A, I was in Omani. But every every international airport over the Mid East at that point, plus military bases that they had, whatever country it was, whether it was Saudi Arabia, Kuwait. You didn't see protests in Kuwait. They were still very grateful for doesn't storm. But every base was stacked with NATO aircraft and especially US aircraft, Like we had US forces stuffed in the international airports, indigenous military bases, like every base had you a US contingent on it, just getting ready to go north. We had four which we spent six months getting everything forward, deployed and we were ready to pull the trigger when we did. And once we pulled the trigger, and this is what tells you about their value system over there, the protest stopped. And I you know, after six deployments over there, have made friends in town over there, in different cities over there and they're like, thank you. You did what you said you were going to do. That's all we were waiting for us.
Speaker 1: They understood, we understood the international language.
Speaker 4: I guess yeah, Eric, that's their language over there. Eric, you have to negotiate that way.
Speaker 1: Please call me earlier. Okay, just please call me earlier. You're a great caller. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 4: I remember tired and I'm in Maine.
Speaker 1: Not my doing now, all right, Eric, Man, Well, congratulations on that too.
Speaker 4: Okay, twenty four years navy.
Speaker 1: I bet you how many years?
Speaker 4: Twenty four years?
Speaker 1: Twenty four Wow, congratulations, Eric, will talk Paul earlier. You got to give you more more time. Thank you much, man, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Let me get to Christine. Christine, you're next the night's I'm going to try to move everybody quickly, Christine, go right ahead, hiding. I'm doing better now that you're calling. Go right ahead, Christine.
Speaker 7: I totally agree with what you're saying. But you know that in a point too, I don't think we should be we should let our god down just yet.
Speaker 1: No, oh, we should never let our guard down because there's always bad people around the world who are looking to to to take us down. No, absolutely can't let the guard down.
Speaker 7: I think comped a good, good call there, But everybody's against him saying, yeah, he did not permission to do this.
Speaker 11: He should be impeached, he should he should have he should have asked eli Omer if if he thought it was a good idea that.
Speaker 7: Oh he's so upset about it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, no doubt no out. Christine is always uh, you called late, I got you in. I got a couple more, gonna try to sneak into. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 11: Okay, see in the world.
Speaker 1: Now would it be nice? Huh? Wouldn't it?
Speaker 7: Have a good night yet?
Speaker 1: All right too, Christine, thank you much love. I will stay cool. Tom and Dorchester, Tommy gotta be quick for me, buddy, I got you in, go ahead.
Speaker 12: But I don't. And I think this was a great thing. And I think they really put the deft blow into the nuclear uh ambitions of the of the Iranians. But I think the Lanians are using the youth aliens by saying that we still have a program and it didn't us that much because they know he is real, He's really no. Everything that's going on over there.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I think the best proof. I think the best proof of it is why are they at why have they engaged in the ceasefire at this point? I think that's that it's look look at what they do, not what they say. It's always a good rule of thumb. Thanks Tom, thank you much appreciate it. All right, let me go real quickly here. Listen Allison, excuse me Allison in Portland. Allison, I got you've called late. You often do. I got thirty seconds for you. What can you do?
Speaker 10: You say? You know, all this is going to do is increased terrorism. Maybe not state sponsored terrorism, but it's going to increase it. It'll it'll just create much more resentment than Middle East. And you know that fellow Frank said a lot of what I wanted to say, so I don't need to. I didn't really like the way you brow beat him too. But suddenly talking about.
Speaker 1: Ask you this, if you had a choice, listen, to live in around or Israel?
Speaker 10: Will we non secultor Okay, that's another non sector. I wouldn't want to live in either place. How about the fact Israel is the one who's killed over sixty thousand Palestinians, including thousands of children, yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 1: What what what caused that? What caused that? I think it was.
Speaker 10: Twelve hundred? Is really get killed so they can kill as many as they wanted, Palestinian? Is that is that how it is?
Speaker 1: Pretty much pretty much? Okay?
Speaker 10: Then that you're gonna picky when they as many Australo as they possibly Boddy.
Speaker 1: Well can't do me a favor, Alis Allison, please take a chill pill Ramone, Ramone, I give you twenty seconds, go ahead, Ramone?
Speaker 13: Hey, how are you tonight?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? But I got fifteen seconds for you? Go ahead?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I just been looking at it a different way. I mean he went to the G seven and he quiet didn't get what he wanted. We all know that China is controlling now all the real earth material and supposedly gets in mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fifteen seconds. Ramone. You got a call earlier. Man, we're out of time. Here comes to twelve o'clock news. Thanks man, talk to you soon. Thanks to callings who didn't get on. I apologe you got a call earlier. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why pal Charlie raised the past fifteen years ago. That way, that's all your pets are past. They loved you, You love them. You'll see them again. Hopes you get him all Night Nights out of Me on Facebook Nights Out with Dan Ray in about a minute or two and say hello, Thanks very much, Rob, Thanks Marita, We'll be back tomorrow night. Have a great Wednesday. Stay cool.