Speaker 1: Hellllo, he'll Billy family, How are you today? I trust and hope that this has been a wonderful wink for you. If it has not, sit back, breathe and things will get better. Don't overthink it, don't stress. Breeze there. Don't you feel better well? I ever want to keep this introduction very quick today, if you don't mind, and I do apologize. I had just got home from two weeks out of state working and have my grandson's birthday party yesterday and church this morning and lunch with the family after that. So as you can imagine, my honeyde list is quite large at this point, so I do need to make this quick so I can make my honey a happy lady. I do want to say one thing real quick that you are going to see just a few extra commercials throughout the podcast. As you all know, Tracy does not have Jerry's income to help pay the bills and you know, buy food and all of that. And now I'm not going to get into her personal life. That is not my place. But her income is smaller, but the bills are not, so in order to help her out, it's a little more, I'm going to add just a couple more ads to the podcast to help boost a little bit of that money coming in to help her out just a little bit more. I Am going to try to keep it pre manageable, hopefully not too irritating for you guys. But we got We've got a little miss Tracey take care of, don't we. So with all that sin. On this week's episode, Jerry and Tracy talk about the inspiration behind the Blair Witch Project Ma Dyer from Maryland. Now that I know a lot of people give that movie hate, I'd like that movie. I don't like the ones after, but the original one masterpiece and in my book, and then after I talked about that, Jason and Sam from Not Alone podcast joined them to talk about the el Coopa Cavra and the Hybrid Zoo. So kickback, enjoy this episode, and again if you are stressed, stop relax, Breathe good now, Go have a good day, Go have a better week, and give that special somebody you had a big hug.
Speaker 2: God bless you.
Speaker 3: Domb felt right down there, ravind wholesome reality and questionable time.
Speaker 4: But you just can't let it.
Speaker 3: Goldie do right here putting on the show with have a normal over low with Southern hospitality. Haunt and murder may have him one discussing their mortality locations where a north past hits the read that comes to light you billy's with a knack or happy thing to go? Don't at night hope, but they get to be my dumpty too?
Speaker 5: What have he turned on the light?
Speaker 3: Mixing in a little comedy to make sure that all.
Speaker 2: Fish is just right? Well, who to a hill billy horror story?
Speaker 4: Now here's your home, Jerry break Tackler's don issue and sometimes they're tack preddy, but never the Paris.
Speaker 6: This is Michelle Rodriguez from Hillsborough, California, and you're listening to kill Billy horror stories.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, we're gonna till billy horror stories.
Speaker 7: I'm Jerry and I'm Tracy.
Speaker 4: Tracy. As usual, we want to thank all of our military and civil servants all over the world, no matter which country you represent, as long as you're one of the good guys, we just want to say thank you for what you do for us every single day. To the men and women and service animals.
Speaker 6: Out there, continue prayers for you, guys. Thank you for keeping us safe. Always, always, always praying for you all. Thank you for all you guys do for us.
Speaker 4: Tracy's It's been another one of those weeks where we've talked to a lot of people that are struggling going through some things. We just we want to make sure everybody realizes that the group is a safe place. I've seen a couple of people post because they felt like there was no other place that they could post with whatever situation they had going on, and I'm glad that people feel that way. I just want to make sure that everybody realizes that it is a safe place. Obviously, you can contact myself with Tracy or you can you know, if you need a professional service. There are professional services out there obviously, places like Betterhelp who've been sponsors on the show in the past, and Tracy what else could they do?
Speaker 6: You can call nine eight eight the crisis hotline. You can also text is seven four one seven four to one. We love you guys and just reach out to us.
Speaker 4: Please welcome everybody to episode forty of Hillbilly Horror Stories, and we'd like to start off by wishing all of you mothers out there a happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 6: Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: As mother's rock, of course, this is Jerry, and I'm joined by the mother of the hour, Tracy.
Speaker 7: That's right, we rock.
Speaker 4: If there's one thing I can definitely say, she is definitely a mother. We have got a really good show for you guys tonight. Hopefully this is a subject that not a lot of people have heard about. We're going to talk about Maul Dyer, which is the witch from Maryland that most people will tell you that the Blair Witch project was kind of based off of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really an interesting story and I don't know, I can just still see things in my mind after I've kind of watched the show and stuff like that, so it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: So if you heard that, that's pretty shocking. Not that oh, not about the witch, but the fact that Tracy actually watched something that's about the show all.
Speaker 5: Go me.
Speaker 4: In her defense, she did not do it on her own. She was kind of forced to because I was watching it. She just happened to be in the room.
Speaker 6: Oh it was good though, seriously.
Speaker 4: But we've got that story for you. I've got a kind of a cool story. It's it's not going to be a long story, but it's something I found in the news that actually a buddy by Missy Goodpastor sent me. But it's a story of a house up in Tacoma, Washington that you're gonna want to hear about because it's kind of a cool story. Then we're going to talk to the guys Sam and Jason from Not Alone podcast And if you guys haven't heard this podcast yet, it's a very intelligently done podcast. And what I mean by that is there's a lot of shows like ours that just people come out and they babble or they talk about stuff, and I'm including our show in with that their show that these guys are two college educated guys that almost take a philosophical approach to some of this, and it's just a different twist than what most of the paranormal shows are. And most of it some of it's paranormal, some of it's not paranormal. Some of it's like you know this talking about King Tut and a few other things like that. But I don't know you'll hear them at What they're going to do is is they're going to talk about Cheop of Cabra for us. Because that is Michelle Rodriguez who you heard in the beginning. That's one of her requests, and I've been putting it off and putting it off because I'm just not that interested in cheop of Cabra. But they talked about it on their show and it was really laid out in a way that I thought was actually interesting. So I thought, well, let's have them guys on and let's have them talk about it, since Jason is really fascinated by the subject and he knew a lot of details that were different than anything I'd ever heard.
Speaker 7: I don't even know how you say that word el chipcabra.
Speaker 6: Oh see, I didn't even know hear no L.
Speaker 4: I didn't say l the first time.
Speaker 7: Oh, but that's just it for real. That just means the so wasn't me.
Speaker 6: I mean, what does it say that word again?
Speaker 4: Chip a cabra?
Speaker 5: What? What? Oh my god?
Speaker 6: I said it again?
Speaker 4: Just say chiloopah and be done with it.
Speaker 7: To say supa cabra cabra.
Speaker 4: And I'm not even saying it right, I should, you know.
Speaker 6: But you know what I thought of when I heard King tut Steve Martin.
Speaker 2: Is it any other thing?
Speaker 4: If you remember we talked, we talked about Rendel from Forrest a couple of weeks ago, And one of the things we talked about but didn't get into big detail is how Captain Penston had really and all the zeros and the ones down in his book and and that was a binary code and that actually a couple of years ago he was doing something for ancient and aliens and uh, he gave them these codes and they turned out to be locations on maps. And one of the locations is High Brazil, and High Brazil is over off the coast of Ireland. It actually doesn't exist now. It's kind of like and think of Atlantis. Everybody knows what Atlantis is, and that was kind of the same thing, but it was on maps and its supposed to have been a group of people living there that were highly intelligent and then it just disappeared. But some people swear that they see the island appear like right before their eyes and then it just disappears.
Speaker 7: Well, how does it just how does it disappear?
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know. That's what I got these guys on the show. I know nothing about this. This is that's what This is the kind of stuff that these guys talk about on the show. But it does tige into the rentals from Forest. So they're going to talk about those two subjects tonight, the uh High Brazil and uh L CHIPICCAPRAA okay, so pretty cool. That's going to be the main of it. Now, we got a couple of things to get out of the way right off the bat. First of all, thank you to all of our military and first responders civil servants out there.
Speaker 6: Thank you, We love you guys. I tell a police officer, anybody in uniform I see every time, thank you for your service, and they really do appreciate hearing that.
Speaker 4: Yep, I agree. I agree. I'm the same way. If I see somebody that's fireman or a police officer or in the military, I always thank them for the service, even if I see somebody wearing one of the military or the like the caps that just say veteran Korean War something like that. So, okay, we released it is now up and running our Patreon page. That's a way of bill donate the show. You can still if you don't want to do that, that's fine. You can still donate the same old way, but if you want to be a Patreon you get extra stuff for that. So what we've done is we've got three tiers of Patreon. I'm not going to bore you with all the details. You can actually go to our website or our Facebook page. There's links to it. We've actually already had four people sign up.
Speaker 6: Thank you all.
Speaker 4: Part of signing up is you get a shout out. So we're gonna say a big thank you to Motley, Frius, Molly, Jackie gets Jackie Is, Sarah Arosco, Sarah, and Heidi that I screwed up your last name from Sweden before, but I think it was Monty, but you said it was pronounced kind of weird and I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 7: But thank you anyway, Thank you Heidi.
Speaker 6: We love you guys.
Speaker 4: Now, how this works is if you do want to be a Patreon, it comes out every month. It's a monthly donation. There's four tiers right now. There's a dollar a month, five dollars I'm sorry, three dollars, and there's a five dollar, and there's a ten dollar and each one gets you a little more of the dollar gets you a shout out, and it gets you in a drawing to win a T shirt every month. So we're gonna draw for a T shirt starting in June. Every month for one of you guys lucky guys out there or gals. Then you have the three dollar donation, which gets you the same thing, but it also is gonna get you a new bonus episode every month. Every month, on the first we are gonna release a listener's Stories show.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we've already been in contact with some people. That's gonna be on the first and the second show. It's gonna be a minimum of forty five minutes. This isn't gonna be just you know, we're gonna throw a ten minute show together and throw it out there. This is gonna be a fun show. You've heard some of the shows out there that that interview guest about their stories, and that's kind of what it's gonna be. We may even throw in some cool paranormal news or something that that's you know, relevant, and just we're just gonna have fun with it to be a little different than what you're used to hearing, but at the same time it'd be you know, very similar.
Speaker 6: So what we're saying is, don't look at the UH magazines at the end of the grocer store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't look at weekly.
Speaker 6: We'd news Boy or yeah, look because you'll you'll run our story. It won't be a surprise.
Speaker 4: Now, if you do the five dollars, you get that episode plus the T shirt drawing uh and what else was it? Shout out? But you also get another on this episode once a month, and we'll do that about two weeks later. Once a month. We're gonna do almost the same type of show that we normally do, So you're gonna get instead of four shows a month, you'll get five of the regular and the listener's bonus. So what our regular show? Though, we've done some true crime stuff like I don't know, I guess you could say the Lizzie Borden was a true crime. Diatlov Pass was kind of a true crime, more of an unexplained You also had H. H. Holmes that's technically a true crime. So we're gonna take those shows and quit doing those during the regular shows. We're just gonna do strictly paranormal. But we will start doing those shows as an extra for you guys every month, So if you like those kind of shows, then you can jump in that. But we'll try to make some you know, we'll do some like Jack the Ripper stuff and spring Hill Jack.
Speaker 6: We need to do some more rock and roll stuff.
Speaker 4: We'll probably throw some rock and roll in there. That'll be the extra well, you know, so we'll do some paranormal in that it's not all gonna be true crime, but we do want to keep the regular show strictly preparing norm Onen. We use these for the extra so that's what you get. Plus you get a ten percent discount on any T shirt that you buy, not just one. If you buy ten T shirts you get ten percent discount on them, So that'll save you a couple of bucks on each one right there, so it doesn't take much to get your money back. The last tier is a ten dollars tier, and you get all that we just mentioned, the ten percent off T shirts, you get the two extra shows. Then we also are going to throw in there. It's a basically a virtual meetup once a month for Tracy and I. So it's a fifteen minute skype session. Can be video, it can be audio, whichever you prefer, but we can talk about whatever you want. If you want to talk about the show or something we've talked about, or your suggestions, or just talk about your story that you have, or if you just want to talk about, you know, cake recipes and stuff. Whatever you want to do, that's what you get. So there's the four different tiers and you get something extra for each one of them, and it's just a little thanks for helping us every month, and that does come out the first of every month, so you can actually sign up now and no money comes out until the first so you don't have to worry about your funds at the moment. We're just trying to get as many people on there before the first so when we released this first episode, we got a bunch of people to listen to.
Speaker 6: It sounds good to me.
Speaker 4: No, We've got a couple other shout outs. We've got a bunch of shout outs and it probably won't be this many every week, but I just got to get some of this out of the way. People who donated and bought T shirts last week, We've got Della, Paula Brooks, Michelle Bauers, all of them bought T shirts. This week, Crystal Harris got her T shirt. We've got iTunes reviews. Thank you guys for that because that definitely helps us, and you guys have really jumped out there to give us the reviews when needed.
Speaker 6: And you guys have been so so nice and very I mean just so nice, and we really appreciate that.
Speaker 4: And by the way you do when you do these iTunes reviews, if you'll actually put your name on it, even if it's just a first name, because somebody's iTunes handles are kind of crazy and I don't know who they are. But that's the only thing I've got to go about. Like, the first one was Crystal from Knoxville. I know who that is because it's Crystal from Knoxville. It goes without saying. But the second one was Flower Mama four. She actually updated she I think was a four star review before and she uped it to five songs.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you, darling.
Speaker 4: Then we've got MD one O two. Have no clue who that is.
Speaker 7: Then we go, he's a doctor. Do you not get it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Then we got Chelsea and ya, we know who Tracy. Chelsea is great goat x x LK. I'm not even going to gather a guess.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That sounds pretty interesting. I'd like to know more about that.
Speaker 4: We got Greg c and Fresno, old school skater, nice, Callie King, dirt Omar forty two, Treko three eighteen. Then we got Mike Bengle. I think I know who he is because he's Mike Kingle could be Bengal. And then we got Serendipity seventy two. So it takes care of all the shout outs. We greatly appreciated, guys. Let's get on with the show. Of course, we played Witchy Woman by the Eagles.
Speaker 6: That's j Hey, you know what I don't well so well, we were talking earlier about some other songs that would have went perfect for this episode, but we'll go on with with They won't get it yet, I know. So that's why I'm not saying nothing. But we had so many songs that would relate to this so so much.
Speaker 4: So we get finished with a story, we'll tell you some of the other songs that do. But obviously Mold Dyer is a witch, and that's why we chose Witchy Woman ultimately. Yeah, so let's get into it. You know, we like to give you guys a little bit of background. And like we told you, she actually was the plot for the Blair Witch, not one hundred percent you know the movie was based on, but just the fact of the witch in the woods more or less was the whole thing. But this took place in Leonardtown, Maryland. Ricky'd be glad we're doing this once since he's from Maryland. Leonardtown was a very fertile as far as the land, it was a very fertile place. It's surrounded by water, and back in sixteen thirties is when and the colonists kind of started migrating to Leonardtown. Tobacco was there a big cash crop. That's how they made their money back then. The weather wise in Leintertown, it's typically a little cooler in the summer because there is so much water. The winters are fairly mild. They get snow once maybe twice a year. But in sixteen ninety seven the winter was actually brutal. There was something that came through that they call a light ice age, which basically meant that it just for some reason, everything was colder for a period of time.
Speaker 6: So like, every winter was not like that.
Speaker 4: No, every winter was not like that, But in sixteen ninety seven it was horrible. Temperatures were bottoming out in the single digits. Wind chill would have been below zero definitely, So that's you know, the way normally it would have been in the twenties worst case, and this was you know, it was you know, you got all you had blizzard conditions, you got all these super strong winds, much more snow than they would normally have. And you know, in these days there was no meteorologies, so.
Speaker 7: If there was no mother Nature was tripping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean mother Nature was tripping. But also people didn't have any way of knowing what was going and they didn't know why it was so bad. So being back in the sixteen hundreds, people always had to have a reason to claime it on something. So obviously their reason was the town was cursed and the winter was so bad that food was scarce, lots of people died, and that just made it even worse. Muldyre was an old woman, a very ugly woman. I will point out, it was very It was listed in several occasions that she was like hideous.
Speaker 6: Well she can't help that.
Speaker 4: Well no, but that's sixteen hundreds. You're hideous. You live out in the woods by yourself, you know. But she was a very eccentric woman, Like I said, she lived out in her own in the woods. The townspeople decided that she was a witch, and she was behind the curse. Even though they knew nothing about a curse, they just assumed there was a curse and she had to be behind it. Her actions didn't really help anything, because as far as image wise, people knew that she was out on her own. This winter was horrible, and where people had huge families kind of helping each other just survive, she was just all by herself. But yet she didn't seem to be struggling at all where everybody else was struggling. Well, mean, she's by herself, well right, but I mean, how's this old woman able to just make ends meat and get all the food and everything together she needed in the worst winter that anybody's ever seen. Well, you know, they're just saying what she used to do is and this wouldn't really met with real friendly reason either with the people. She used to gather all kinds of herbs and stuff. When it would be warm outside, she'd gather herbs and stuff like that because she was good like a medicine woman. She was good at making remedies and stuff. So she would sell these herbs that she would gather in these sticks and make little remedy baskets, and she would trade them to the Indians for pelts and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: That was because I was going to say, Okay, she's good enough for the medicine for the people, but then the tables turned.
Speaker 4: Well, I wouldn't say she was good enough for the people because she actually would. People would feel forced to buy the stuff from her because they thought if they didn't buy it, she would curse them. So it's almost like she's she's like, here's some sticks, give me some money, or some of the consequences. The townspeople were afraid of her, but they dealt with her for years. I mean she'd lived there, like seven eight years of them crossing pass and it's just like you know, when people would see her, they just would kind of avoid her and talk about her, but they wouldn't have any contact with her. So the weather got so bad in sixteen ninety seven it was actually listed in the Maryland in Council meeting logs as the longest winter in history. It was enough where they felt the need. It was so cold that that all the crops and died, so then they had a lot of the live stock died. So these people were that's why they were starving. They said that the rivers would actually freeze as they You could watch the rivers freeze. It was so cold. You know, obviously it's not going to stop flowing like fro solid, but they're just you know, it was frozen around, you know, the sides of it and stuff like that were really narrowed the ways. Maul Dyer obviously, she's, like I said, she's surviving one of the harshest winters. And I just had people talking with the colonies, trying to gather their wits about them and trying to make some sense of this winter. They also got hit with this huge I won't say a plague, it was more of an outbreak of influenza, but it basically a lot of people started dying from it. You had people starving to death. Now you've got this illness where everybody's dying.
Speaker 7: That's terrible.
Speaker 4: Somebody had to be to blame, and it had to be witchcraft. So they decided they were going to do something with Muldarn. To keep in mind, during this time, witchcraft was punishable by death. It was against the law and it was punsible death. And on the coldest night of the year, the townspeople they became judge and jury torches in hand. They went to Muldyr's house. They set the house on fire. It was completely engulfed in flames. Temperature was right around zero degrees that night. Uh no, probably ten below zero with the wind show factor. Somehow another Muldyre gets out of the house. They don't see her, but she's out. She kind of retreats back to the woods.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I'm sure she had to see him coming.
Speaker 7: Well with all the flames.
Speaker 4: Yeah so, I mean, but she the the story says that she kind of went to the edge of the woods to where she could hear the animals and stuff screaming from being burned alive.
Speaker 6: Oh, don't tell me that.
Speaker 4: And like I said, the guys didn't hear. And then some people say, well, how did she get out? They set the house on fire and all this stuff. But some people say that satan and kind of enveloped her. Is it enveloped? Enveloped? Because I always say I don't like people to say, hand me an envelope so I can send this letter envelope. It's not an envelope. It's not an envelope. It's an envelope. But in this case, I think it's better to say enveloped her into the smoke and kind of set her down into the woods. That's what the story is. Yeah, I don't know if Satan's really into that business or not, or if that's so she's on the edge that Now, keep in mind, with the weather as bad as it is, she's got nothing but the clothes on her back. She's she's not prepared to be out there in sub zero temperature, and you know she's like just roaming through the woods. Well, the rumor is, as she's strolling through the woods, she's basically cursing the town, knowing that she probably doesn't have long to live. She's cursing the town. Now. I think the people that burned down, the townspeople, they thought that she died in the fire. They wasn't really sure. But what happened was several days later, this younger, younger guy, probably a teenager I think, was roaming through the woods. He was trying to round up some cattle that had gotten out, and he comes across her body. Now you need to kind of picture this. She was frozen solid. She was down on her knees. One of her knees was touching this big rock, think of boulder, boulder of her knees was touching the rock, her left hand was on the rock, and her right hand was raised towards the heavens.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, as if she was like cursing, curse you, yeah, you mofos.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure that's exactly how it went in sixteen ninety seven and the mofos.
Speaker 6: Cursed now, mofos.
Speaker 4: But that's how they found her.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: So she was literally frozen solid with her hand straight up in the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right hand in the air, left hand on the rock.
Speaker 6: Yes, and like her fingerprints were in the rock.
Speaker 4: Yes, thanks for stalling that part of the story. But uh, since I hadn't mentioned that yet, so I.
Speaker 7: Told you I watched the show.
Speaker 4: Let's go back and pretend, uh I didn't hear that. Yeah, let's go back and pretend you didn't hear that. When they pulled her off of the rock, her fingerprints from her left hand were imprinted into the boulder, not like finger rants on there, like embedded, like deep, you know, each finger had its own little crevice into the rock.
Speaker 7: So I wouldn't that far ahead the story.
Speaker 4: But it didn't matter. You said it, and we hadn't talked about it yet, so you said it as a matter of fact, like we already talked about it. Ew, you can't watch any of this stuff anymore.
Speaker 6: See, that's why I'm saying, that's why I can't watch this stuff anymore.
Speaker 4: They buried her in it's freezing rain, a dreary day, but they buried her, and they buried her extra deep, about a mile from town, and that's where she supposedly still is now. As far as the rock, we're going to get into that a little later.
Speaker 6: Did they bury her in a box or do they just put her body down in the ground.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, if you think about that, well I don't think it really matters. They have to snap her arm off. If they put her in a box, they.
Speaker 4: Could have thought her out. Oh nobody said they just took her straight over there.
Speaker 7: No, that's true.
Speaker 6: Okay, near mind go ahead. Sorry, Sorry, I was just thinking about that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just thinking about it. I'm actually digging a hole that's shaped like.
Speaker 6: Kind of dropped her down.
Speaker 4: When those operation pizzas pieces or something. So anyways, she's buried and they think everything is completely done as far as they're concerned. There's a funny thing though, all these you know, these things started happening. They had all these different incidents started happening from that point on. And what she did was, they said, the curse that she put on the town was basically for them to have horrible crops forever and for any of the families that lived in that town to just be no luck whatsoever. Everything was just bad luck in their life. And that's the way it was designed to be. And the little town, I mean, it's it looks like a quaint little town. And everybody that town knows the legend of Muldyr. They have Muldayr Road, which is right there on her property, or what was her property. They have Muldyr Creek which is named after her, and that's supposed to be the area where she came running. Oh I see, she was running away. That creek was along the lake, which is why they named it Muldar Creek. There had been a bunch of strange things happen on or near the property since all this happened, but especially like Kathy lastly, who owns the property now that would have been Muldyr's property back in sixteen ninety seven, when she died. She says that there are all kinds of crazy things that happen on the property. She sees things walking along the creek bed, which was, like I said, the creek that she would have went down. They see a lady walking around in like white cloaks, white dress with the bonnet and long gray hair. There's also sightings out on the road in front of the property and also been several bad She tells the story of one time where a guy, if young guy, comes knocks on the door and says, hey, you gotta come help. There's been a wreck. Her and her husband run out there. The cars upside down. The guy's hanging upside down in his car, his seat belt won't come loose, and he's attached the cars leaking gasoline. You know, they're scared to death of k not gonna get the guy out there, think the car is gonna explode. Eventually, EMS gets their emergency Medical services and ambulance and they get out there and they cut the guy loose from the seat belt and end up saving him. But she says that's just one of several bad wrecks that happened right there on that property.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff that go on. So I guess that lady knew that the story before she bought the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she knew. Just most people just they don't look at it as being a real situation until they're confronted by it. Now you got Karen Stole for her and three friends are driving around. This is about thirty five years ago. Now this is the story, one of the stories that really kind of blends into the Blair Witch type philosophy. Karenstoff and her three friends are driving. They decide they're going to pull over and walk through the woods. Now, her friends say, hey, don't do that. This is the Muldire Woods, that's what they call it, the Muldar Woods. And she's like, well, just you know, you're a bunch of chicken shits. Let's just do it. They go walking through the woods, and she said, the whole time they were there, it's almost like somebody was watching you, Like somebody was just kind of following you. She said. When they got kind of to the middle of the woods, these winds. This is a beautiful day, you know. When they started walking and these winds just kicked up out of nowhere about twenty mile an hour winds. That's pretty strong.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then all of a sudden there was this random lightning. Then there was thunder, and it got so bad they just turned around and they ran back to the road, and the whole time they felt like something was chasing them. They get to the road and once they got through the road, now the wind or out of the woods, everything stopped. No more light named, no more thunder, beautiful day. Oh my gosh, no win.
Speaker 6: That's creepy.
Speaker 4: So all that happened just as they were back there.
Speaker 6: So I bet it scared that woman. Now she didn't I wonder she ever went back in there.
Speaker 4: Well, no, she says, she's never been anywhere close to.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I wouldn't be either.
Speaker 6: She's crazy. I never would have went in there.
Speaker 4: Now, we said that we were going to talk a little more about the rock. This rock where she was there was missing for years and years and years. Just nobody knew where it was. I mean, it was in the ground still, but that's that's just where it was, and nobody could actually say this is where the rock was. Well, this this guy decided he wanted to find out where this rock was. He came to town he starts talking to people. He finds this really old guy that says, I remember singing that rock when I was a boy. They go track it down. It's actually in the creek bed, oh kind of and plued it. Now, there's a couple of different times to where people tried to get that rock up and there was always a major problem happened to where they couldn't get it up, Problems with equipment, problems with this thing weighs about almost eight hundred or almost nine hundred pounds, but there was always some major problem that happened with equipment or something to where when they were trying to dig this rock up. Well, eventually in the seventies they dug it up. The handprint still there and where she had her knee it's still there.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 4: So now it's actually outside of the courthouse there in town. And there's a story about a young lady by the name of Lynne bone Very. It's almost like bone Vrage. Yeah, So anyway, she there's a story about her and her husband or walking through town. She's walked by there plenty of times. She's walked past the rock. And they were at the Historical Society, which she liked to go to. They decided they were just going to walk around town. They walked by the courthouse and she decided that she was going to touch the rock. Now, you're not supposed to do that. They say that, you know, just getting near it could be a problem, but touching it as a no no. Yeah, she goes, she sees the handprint, She puts her hands into the handprints, and at that time she said she felt nothing.
Speaker 5: She was fine.
Speaker 4: You know, she's kind of laughing it off. She got up to start to walk away. Within thirty seconds of her walking away, she started coughing violently. She couldn't catch her breath. She said, if she felt like her lungs were burning. Oh, she starts coughing up blood. Oh my god. Said she felt extremely weird. She was woozy, and they were trying to debate whether to go to the doctor or the hospital or something like that, and they decided against it. And she said, about forty five minutes later, she felt fine, but she's convinced that there's some kind of negative energy with that rock for that problem.
Speaker 6: See, people leave stuff alone.
Speaker 4: And then the last little bit is basically people claimed that on the coldest night of the year that you can see her out walking the streets. She obviously died on the coldest night.
Speaker 5: Of the year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's just I don't know, it's almost like a sad story.
Speaker 4: It is a sad story because who knows if she is a witch or not a witch. But she definitely was treated as an outcast just because she was basically an outcast. Yeah, I mean she she was just somebody that just chose to do things her own way for all intent and purposes. I never read anything where she actually bothered anybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: But so the lesson is don't judge people.
Speaker 7: Dang it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what they say, you can't judge a book by its cover.
Speaker 7: That is so true.
Speaker 4: Well, unless it's a girl sucking a guy's wanger. Then this porn Jerry, I'm just saying you can judge that.
Speaker 6: Sorry, so sorry listeners.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about some of the songs we were going to choose.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so I came up with. One was Coda's ice.
Speaker 4: Very disrespectful by the way it is, well yeah, oh and else what stiff upper.
Speaker 6: Stiff up her lift? I thought that was funny.
Speaker 5: What was there more?
Speaker 7: Was there just the two?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: There was a couple of them. Ninja, now Ninjas trying to tell you that the one you were missing is uh, I don't know, Yeah, you couldn't. But that's the story. So I want to read you, uh, talk to you about this other little story I kind of teased in the beginning of the show about the house up in Tacoma, Washington. Well, here's the funny thing about this house. There was a kind of a famous serial killer most of you have heard of, by the name of Ted Bundy, not Al Bundy. Oh, jee just want to cure some people.
Speaker 6: That's that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Ninja apparently disagrees. He's my my favorite, uh, my favorite part of the old Al Bundy colloquialisms. I love all the Albundy stuff. But I remember one time on the show there was a peeper, the peeping tom that was looking through the all the windows, and then Marcy came over to the house and she says, hey, the guy just peeped me. And then Peg was all upset because nobody had peeped her. And she said, she said hell, she said, nobody wants to peep me. Hug me, And he said, oh, nobody wants to hug either. Peg.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so funny had it going on though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure you would think. So nineteen eighties called they both want your hair back. Oh all right, so let's talk. Let's talk about this story. So Ted Bundy his childhood home up in Tacoma, Washington. It was for sale, a guy bought it. He's gonna flip it. So he gets some contractors to come into it, and I'm gonna read you a little bit about what went on. But Casey Clompton, he had his contracting company, caught Extreme Contracting. They were hired in September this past year to come do the home. So he says he noticed red flags right off the bat. The second time he went to the house, he had his eleven year old daughter. She was trying to go upstairs and she started crying and saying she didn't like it. She just did she didn't feel well. And he chalked it up to, you know, a little kid just being scared of the dark, you know, what have you. And then he said that while they were there, he started hearing phantom footsteps, people jiggling door knobs, and that actually went on for months because it took them a long time to do this. He said that after all the doorknobs and stuff like that, they were already thinking stuff was weird. But then one of the workers, he claimed that somebody knocked on the door. He went out there and opened it. There was nobody there. Then he said that some mornings they would come in and several drawers and cabinets were opened up, but they had an alarm on the place, and the alarm was never set off. All the exterior doors and stuff were still locked, but all this stuff was moved on the inside. The biggest thing was that there was a dresser. Now, this dresser apparently was built into the wall. You know, it was like kind of like a hole. A hole had bit in the wall and the dresser pushed underneath other. Yeah, and one day it had fell, apparently, And he said, this thing took like two people to do it.
Speaker 6: How does it fallout the wall?
Speaker 4: Well, that's what he's saying. It was completely tipped over, and not only that, it was moved across the hall a little bit and on its face. So there's no possible way that this thing should have not only fell, but it was like it fell and then moved down the hall a little bit.
Speaker 6: Oh Man, that's creepy.
Speaker 4: He said, I couldn't figure it out. We thought someone might be pranking him. So with these all these different incidents. So even the real estate broker, a guy named James Pitts, he said that he even had a spooky moment when he was there. He was trying to record a Facebook live video down in the basement and I guess to try to show people the property. He said, his phone kept resetting itself, and it kept doing it and kept doing it, and eventually it just shut completely off, he said, just completely crashed. Why he was down there, Wow, heat now Clofton the guy who runs the crew for trying to fix the place up, he said that they experienced over thirty different incidents while they were there, and that's here's some of the creepy shit.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 4: They found two notes in the house. One of them was up in the bedroom. It was it said leave written in sawdust because there was like sawdust and it said leave written in saw dust. Then they went they was down in the basement and on the inside of a window. You know how windows get dirty, especially when you're new work, So down in the basement, on the inside of the window it said help me. It said, help me written in the dirt. So what they decided to do they started writing like Bible verses on the walls. I guess they were going to paint over them. Eventually they started writing Bible verses on the walls. They brought in a pastor from a local church. He did a walk through reading Bible verses. He tried to clear any negatives spirits, and then Clofton, the guy who ran the team, he instituted a rule that Christian music had to be played at all times inside. He said, when you came in, you could turn it down or you could turn it up, but you couldn't turn it off.
Speaker 7: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: And he said after that everything kind of calmed down. So it took four months longer than they thought it was going to and eventually they finished up in April. So they just got through with this thing last month.
Speaker 7: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: And so the house was sold and he was just happy that the project was over, and you know, they were asking him about, you know, what his thoughts was on it, and he's like, look, there's got to be something else out there, you know, that's what I think. I'm glad that I got faith on my side. And you know, we're just glad to be out of that place, is what he faces.
Speaker 6: So I wonder if I wonder if those people like when they try to sell it, told whoever the buyers about it.
Speaker 4: Sure they didn't. And according to Puget Sound Regional Archives, the Bundye family bought that home in nineteen fifty five when Ted Bundy was eight and they sold it in nineteen sixty five, so he was there from what until about time he was eighteen years old. They try to talk to the people that live at the house now, but they couldn't contact them.
Speaker 7: Oh really, So it's a pretty cool little Yeah, that is very cool.
Speaker 4: All right. With that being said, we are going to remind you that if you want to buy t shirts, you can go to our website hill Billy Horror Stories dot com. That's also where you can donate and do our new Patreon And like I said, as many people as we can get into it before May or June first, that's when the first show comes out for the listener episode. So if you can get in before then, they don't take money till the first but you will get in for that first episode when it gets released. Now, we're going to introduce the guys from Not Alone Podcast. This was a fun interview. We actually did it the other night. And when it's all said and done, I think you guys will probably want to check out their show. So let's hear from the guys. Hi, everybody, welcome back to He'll Billy Horror Stories. And I've got some special guests on the phone. I've got Sam and Jason from Not Alone Podcast. How are you guys doing today?
Speaker 5: We're good, well, Jared, Yeah, how are you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: I can't complain it all man. I'm excited to have you guys on for a couple of reasons. But first and foremost, you know, I stumbled across to you guys on Twitter, uh and and started talking to you Sam a little bit. And you know, I've really become a huge fan of your show. So that was the That was the first reason why I said, like, I got to have these guys on, because you guys are right up my alley as far as what I like in a podcast.
Speaker 5: Awesome than Jared, Thank you great. That's good to know. Good couple actually like it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I will say this too, and and and some people might take this as an insult. It's really not an insult, but a lot of the paranormal podcast that I listened to are the unexplained podcast because I don't want to lump everything into a paranormal you know, it's not as intelligently laid out as your guys show. It's obvious listening to you guys that you're both very well educated and you take an approach of really breaking a subject down almost scientifically at some points, and a lot of shows just don't do that. And that's what I really like about yourself. So it's not to put other shows down or say that they you know, they're just not as smart or or you know, anything of that nature. It's just your show is just really well put together and the way the facts are laid out, in the way the discussions are handled. So I appreciate that on a show.
Speaker 5: Well thank you. As two. As to college dropouts, we thank you very much.
Speaker 8: I'm going back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, I think what's going to happen is is by the time we're through with this interview, I think the listeners out there that haven't heard your podcast will definitely want to come check check you out, because I think it's going to come across today much like the way your show does. And we're going to talk about a couple of subjects today, so it's not gonna be just a straightforward interview. We're gonna get a chance to kind of showcase what you guys do on your show. Let's do this first. I'd like to get a little background on you guys. Tell me a little bit about how how you guys know each other and how the show came to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, taking it.
Speaker 8: You take it, okay, okay, I can take it away.
Speaker 9: So Sam I originally met just at work, so we worked at the same retail location, and I don't quite remember how the subjects arose, but we found out that in our younger days growing up as kids, we both played a trading card game called you Gio, which was pretty big for kind of I think our generation at the time, and we joked around about eventually doing each other playing against one another.
Speaker 8: Eventually that happened at some point in time.
Speaker 9: I don't remember exactly when that came about, but that was the beginning of how we started becoming better friends and really just kind of hanging out. And then eventually Sam brings up the fact that he wants to run a podcast.
Speaker 5: Right well, and the whole podcast.
Speaker 10: Honestly, it was a joke from the start, Like I joked to myself, I joked to my wife, I joke to Jason, and then one day I was just doing it. I had bought a domain, I bought recording equipment, and so I came back to him. I had said, like the week before, hey man, I'm gonna do this this Spooky Stories podcast.
Speaker 5: You want to be be my co host? Haha? And he said yeah, sure. And then because I like, yeah, I just like to talk and have people listen to me, he is.
Speaker 10: And then I came back to him a week later, I said, hey, man, so if you change your mind now that it's a real thing, that's totally fine, But uh, do you want.
Speaker 5: To you still want to do the podcast? He said yeah? And I at first I was like what am I doing? Because I love Jason.
Speaker 10: I think he's fantastic, But like I have other friends who I've like sat down and had discussions about paranormals paranormal stuff with, and they're so passionate just like I am. And Jay and I all we talk about is magic, the gathering and sometimes dragonball z and like.
Speaker 8: Just a little bit of work, and.
Speaker 5: I watched Ancient Aliens growing up as.
Speaker 8: Well, and that solidified everything that was it.
Speaker 10: But I think that that's really what gave us a good dynamic is the fact that he, like, he's an intelligent dude and he likes the paranormal, but he hasn't bought into it as much as I have. So like, in that respect, I'm the like true believer, true believer who every episode is trying to prove that these things happened, and he's always trying to prove that they didn't have it.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to figure out what kind of science can can lead to those observations.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, that's that's similar to what we do. I mean, when I started the podcast, it was the exact opposite of you guys. I actually went to the one friend that we talked about this stuff all the time and said, hey, this will be a good match. And then eventually when I switched to Tracy, she likes it, but she wouldn't like consumed by it like I was. I mean, I can just sit and watch this stuff, you know, hours on end, and then to her it'd be like after an hour, it's like, can we watch something else. So you know, so when we when we sit down for the for the conversation, it does turn out more like the dynamic that you have because I take the lead most of the time, and she's like in disbelief of either what I'm saying or come on now, and so I mean it's yeah, you know, she really she really actually knows the story. But yeah, she she really knows the story we're talking about. So it's like a surprise to her the whole time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can dig it.
Speaker 10: I think it's a good dynamic for anybody to have dad you know, one person on one side and the other on the other, but still be able to agree on certain points.
Speaker 8: Like we may not find that middle conclusions.
Speaker 5: But like trying to figure out different interpretations, and we usually try to do that.
Speaker 10: Every episode usually ends with me saying like, if scientifically speaking, what caused this was aliens or or you know, in our King Tight episode, curses and Jason saying, well, scientifically speaking, it was none of those.
Speaker 9: I mean, I mean I like to think that I believe a little bit by the end of the episode where it's just odd enough occurrences to where it really makes you.
Speaker 4: Think, yeah, well I like the fact that you guys are very fact based. And that's the compliment that we get a lot, is they like that we have a lot of facts and we throw a lot of specifics out there as well as thrown in opinions. And that's the one thing that I noticed about your show is you guys do the exact same thing. So for people who like our show, they're probably gonna really like your show as well.
Speaker 5: Good good, Well, I hope, so, well, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Give it a shot. So let's do this. We got we got a couple of subjects, one of which that I really didn't want to do myself. So it worked out great that I found you guys. But I've got a listener, a great listener by the name of Michelle Rodriguez. She's donated to the show, she's bought T shirts, and she's only asked two things for us to continue our video series, which we have not, and to talk about Elchopicabra, which I just don't have the biggest fascination. It's there's certain things that I just believe are probably out there and I just don't see a big deal about them now. But I will say this, and I got this. Listening to your Guys show, I've always thinking of Elchopocabre. Every time I see that, I think about one of the shows that are on TV to where they got this mangy looking dead animal and everybody trying to figure out where it comes from. But you know, listening to your show, you actually talked about I know, Jason specifically since you kind of took the lead on that show, but you talked about specifically the origins and what the real toop of cabre was, and it was I think it was in Puerto Rico. But that's what I wanted to kind of let you touch on that a little bit. We'll make Michelle very happy ause we're gonna talk about it. But if you can talk about the.
Speaker 8: True origins, I can definitely chat about that. So yeah, I just and I think it's pretty.
Speaker 9: Strong in our episode that I don't believe that a Mangi dog is the chubcabra, and most I think the chobocabra becomes the easy scapegoat for a lot of that kind of weird animal or weird mutilations that happened to animals. But what I like to focus on and what I thought was probably the most interesting idea behind the Chubacabra was essentially the events that took place for three years in nineteen ninety five in Puerto Rico and then also extended into Chile and South America just in general, where we have these mass mutilations of cattle, especially sheep. Sheep was the big one, which is eventually how Chubacabo got his name goat sucker. But the weirdest thing about it is that you have a lot of dead animals, a lot of dead bodies, weird bite marks on them, a lot of them being two to three holes near necks or chest areas, which is consistent with draining blood. That's where you really want to go for But the weirdest thing was, yes, they were all drained as well, and otherwise the bodies were left for the most part untouched. And those odd mutilations just kept occurring in Puerto Rico to the point where it was a daily occurrence. It wasn't news anymore to hear of x number of creatures being mutilated. And then we have some really interesting sightings of it, and they go completely contradictory to the sightings that we have in essentially like Texas, Yeah, the southern US and in Mexico, where it's an upright creature standing usually somewhere between three to four feet tall, mostly furless, but can have spikes along its back and maybe small patches of fur, with large eyes and hind legs similar to that of kangaroos. That's a kind of a really odd sounding creature, while what we hear in the southern US and a Mexican ago is essentially a mangy canine.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's really what it comes down to.
Speaker 9: Something that has lost as altspur and is still sitting on four legs, but all around it's a coyote. It's a coyote for sure, or some other hybrid of a canine. But the other description was also seen in other locations in South America. Another large population, for one, was down in Chile, and these creatures were also becoming a little bit more comfortable around humans where they weren't just doing the mutilations kind of near the forest areas. They've actually come back into towns, and there was one mulation of a actual school lama that was drained of blood as well. Eventually, these signings just kind of ended around three years later. With some hypothenis hypotheses being that it was a US government that eventually got caught or that it was eventually killed. And there have been reports of people saying that they have the skeleton the chupacabra, but those skeletons mysteriously going somewhere vanishing, yeah, being covered up in some way or another, or you know, they don't really have the proof to show that that was the actual creature. I personally love the story of the Cubacabra because I am I'm twenty three, I was born in ninety three, and the Tupicabra was one of the first kind of scary.
Speaker 8: Animal stories I had ever heard, and that was kind of what led me to my fascination.
Speaker 9: Now, I'm sure down south, the tub Oficabra is a much more annoying of an idea or of a creature. And then one other thing that I do really like about the cubicamera is more of the signs behind it. Because we do have animals that do feet on blood. Vampire bats are a big one, but leeches. We also have ticks as well. One of the biggest things that I've noticed is that these animals have to gorge on blood, which does coincide with the amount of animal mutilations that we saw in Puerto Rico, which I thought was a really interesting fact. But also what was kind of interesting vampire bats is that they actually pee out most of the blood. They process it so quick through their kidneys that they pee out at least half of the blood consumed, so that they can actually fly away and they'll digest the rest of it throughout the night. That's one thing that I never saw reports on was any kind of excrement at all being at the mutilation sites. So there are definitely weird things that happen, and some things that definitely say, hey, maybe this is a creature that we don't quite know enough about yet or at all, and.
Speaker 8: Things that are also weighed into maybe it wasn't a creature, maybe it was something else.
Speaker 9: I totally believe that I could possibly be, you know, a group of people that wanted to pull some weird prank or do something that was going to pull media headlines. That's also possibility to do you have any specific questions about the chibocabra or what I thought was interesting about it.
Speaker 4: No, what what I got out of that whole thing. As you said, it fed on a lot of sheep, which is how it got its name goat sucker.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 4: I just it threw me off when you said sheep and goat sucker, So I mean down south here we don't have. Sheep and goat are two different things, so it threw me.
Speaker 5: Yes, they are, but it was reports of sheep, so I don't know it was that. There were goats as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was small cattle, small livestock, all the same.
Speaker 5: And we do know that goats and sheep are not cattle.
Speaker 9: We do know that well, I mean, yeah, but small livestock. There we go, there we go, smaller livestock.
Speaker 4: You guys, we haven't touched on this show. You guys are from are living in Iowa right now? Correct? Idaho? Idaho?
Speaker 8: I don't we do is far potatoes. That's all we do up here. We don't know farman.
Speaker 5: I farmed about nine hundred pounds of potatoes today. It was a banner day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't don't knock. Don't knock potatoes. That's uh. You guys should be proud of yourself. I can't think of anything else that comes out of Idaho.
Speaker 5: But most people can't that's okay.
Speaker 10: We had one good band built the spill, but even then, I don't Yeah, that's the thoughts that I don't know.
Speaker 5: Apparently we have a lot of gems.
Speaker 8: We are the gym State, We are the gyms there. We go take that as you will. Apparently we have crystals and whatnot in rock.
Speaker 4: If that's something to hang your hat on. What about We're gonna tie this in too, because you guys did a show on on High Brazil and for the listeners who we really didn't touch on this a whole lot. That's why I kind of wanted, uh Sam, for you to touch on this a little bit. We did the story on on Rendallsom Forest, and we did mention that Peniston was writing down all these ones and zeros in his book which was all binary code, and here recently, within the last I guess two three years, he's turned that book over. There's been some people actually find out that those are actually destinations on a map on the globe. And most of them were just just in general cities and no big deal. But one of those was actually High Brazil, which was more well, I'm not going to get in to explain it, but you can explain what high Brazil is and how that really ties into that story.
Speaker 5: Yeah so, and that was always the binary download to.
Speaker 10: Sergeant Jim Benison was always one of the most fascinating parts of Rendilstom for us for me, And yeah, it was just recently. I can't even remember that. I can't remember the exact dates of when that happened, but it was, you know, was it the eighties, I think seventies wall it was the.
Speaker 4: Well when the original it happened in the early eighties. Actually, I think it was nineteen eighty, but he just released them like in the last couple of years.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, so he Actually, the way I heard it is that he partnered up with our good friends Ancient Aliens and they produced a show. And in the production of the show, that's when he was like, I also have this book. I don't really know what it means, but you know, maybe you can make something out of it. And that's exactly what they did. They decoded it and it did. It has like how many it has seven different coordinates longitude and latitude, and yeah, some of them aren't of any consequence. Some of them are like stereotypical ancient alien sites, like the Great Pyramids or the Nasca Lines. But the interesting thing about it is that it states that this exploration of humanity began in a place called High Brazil and hy Brazil is a mythical island off the west coast of Ireland in what's known as the Celtic Sea. As far as we can tell, it makes its appearance in history at least in the seventh century eighty. That's the first time it was written down and part of a book, But of course the things they were writing down then were oral tradition that had been going on for hundreds of years previous. Essentially, what it is is a mythical island that has it's bisected by a channel of water, and it's something that appears every seven years for just a day sometimes you can see it. Sometimes like a handful of people maybe seven or eight claim to have actually made it there and set foot on it. But after that day it becomes enveloped and missed and disappears for another seven years, and a lot of the stories about it are very mythologically based. You have different accounts of like old Irish saints who supposedly, in like the seven hundreds, went for a voyage and they found this island and on it there was like gold or silver, or they would meet with different religious apparitions there, And I mean, that's all well and good, but it's not super scientific.
Speaker 5: It's not super like factually based.
Speaker 10: So what we really focused on in the High Brazil episode was some of the most contemporary contemporary accounts. And one of the most interesting aspects of hy Brazil for me is that it actually appeared on maps when they were making naval maps. Even the maps of the British Navy had High Brazil on it from thirteen twenty five up until the eighteen hundreds, and it was so well seen, not well traveled. Like I said, not a lot of people got there, but it was so well documented as existing that it stayed on the maps for five hundred years. When they finally did pull it off, it took a lot of time and a lot of debate because people were saying, like, you can't take hy Brazil off the map.
Speaker 5: I saw High Brazil two years ago, like my mom saw High Brazil. Everybody, it's there. Finally they did remove it.
Speaker 10: But some of the most intriguing sightings for me, there's this one story from about in the Era of Discovery, which is when the Europeans were really going out, they were getting on their ships, they were trying to sail to the New World, you know, Columbus Cortes and the Spanish down in South America and Central America. And during this era there was one man whose name was Giovanni Cabuto, and he wanted to be the man who once and for all like discovered High Brazil and plotted the path there. And so every year when he was out exploring for King Henry the seventh, he would make a little detour and he tried to it every single year, and there had been a few voyages in the year's previous that it went to find it but didn't find anything. And then suddenly one year he just doesn't make that diversion.
Speaker 5: He just keeps going.
Speaker 10: He actually discovers Newfoundland off the coast of Canada, and it seems at first glance that he's abandoned the search for High Brazil, but in reality he actually sends a letter back that's intercepted by a Spanish diplomat and Spanish spy basically, and in the letter, Kabudo says, like I found it, we found it, We took earth from it or some sort of of physical proof, and we brought it back to England for King Henry. And that's really the most well documented part of its existence.
Speaker 5: The other really intriguing.
Speaker 10: Story for me is one of oh, I can't remember what year, but it was near the end of its time on the maps.
Speaker 5: I think it was in the late seventeen to early eighteen hundreds. Oh no, here it is.
Speaker 10: It was actually after, sorry, it was after it was taken off of the maps in eighteen seventy eight. And essentially there was an entire village on the coast of Ireland just going about their business, having a great time, and suddenly High Brazil appeared just half a mile or so out at sea, and they were so close that they could see it, like they could see trees on it, they could see the river bisecting it, and they could see all sorts of different geological features, and people actually started to row out to it and try to make it to get there. And suddenly, at the same time for the people rowing there in boats as on shore, it disappeared, which is completely separate from your normal sort of a mirage where it either won't get any closer when you get closer to it, or it'll disappear as you get closer but still be seen from a distance. But for it to disappear exactly the same time for two different groups of people that far separated, that's what really made me say, like, what is going on here?
Speaker 5: What could that have possibly been?
Speaker 10: And then you also look back at like the mythological records and all of that, and even some more contemporary accounts of people actually finding it, and they say, well, I found hy Brazil and there was a magical wizard there who told me that like the island was shrouded from human eyes due to a spell. And another guy said that he went there, he got big chests of gold and he saw giant black rabbits just hopping around. So it's one of those ones for me that is just so bizarre, like it sounds like it is one hundred percent truly and realistically false, but there's just enough trace evidence to be like, Okay, what else is going on? And it was actually it wasn't seen from eighteen seventy eight until just five years ago in twenty twelve, and there was actually a pilot who is flying over the Celtic Sea and he suddenly finds himself enveloped in this this what's known as electronic fog.
Speaker 5: So that's what you know.
Speaker 10: People over the Bermuda Triangle report it, and they're all of their instruments will start freaking out, their tweaking, they can't tell where they are, and this fog envelops him and then it breaks beneath him, and he sees like what used to be just straight water for miles and miles.
Speaker 5: He sees like green land and trees and forests and all.
Speaker 10: Of that, and it's only there for like a minute, and then the fog breaks completely away from him, and sure enough he's in the middle of the ocean, or he's above the middle of the ocean. There's nothing to be seen for miles and miles. So it's just compelling enough to be like, what is actually going on here? You know, it's not just crazy people or folk tales. There's something out there, and you know, what the hell could it be?
Speaker 4: What I think is fascinating about this situation is a lot of people will compare the who Atlantis situation with this, But Atlanta's disappeared and everybody's been trying to find it ever since. Where this actually keeps appearing. People have seen it, and it appears and it disappears. That seems to be the main difference because both of them supposedly had advanced civilizations on them and all that. So there's a lot of comparisons. But this is just a little unique. And most people have heard of Atlanta's. Almost everybody's heard of Atlanta's, but most people haven't heard of this place. So that's what I found unique about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how we start out the episode is kind of rehashing Atlantis, but then saying, you know, there is something else. There's something else that makes more sense, that has more evidence than it.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 9: But yeah, for whatever reason, I think Alanti's probably gets so much publicity because.
Speaker 8: It was Greek. I mean we tend to, yeah, we we have a love for classic Greek.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very very Greek centric culture.
Speaker 4: I don't understand what all the confusion is. Anyway, it's right into Bahamas. I see com for it all the time.
Speaker 8: So right, it's a big killer waterslide.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: Guys. I want to thank you guys for coming on the show and spend a little bit of time with us. The show is not alone podcast, won't you tell the people the best way to get a hold of you guys on social media if they want to send you a message and listen to the show.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so we're on all you know, the big three social media. We're on Twitter, We're at Not Alone Pod, We're on Instagram at not Alone Podcast, and then Facebook is like Facebook dot com slash not Alone Pod. You can also email us at not Alone Podcast at gmail dot com and I will reply to you through any of those channels as soon as you do. Like I'm I'm always refreshing and checking social media and we are. I have not found a podcasting platform yet that we're not on, so like any app you're using. Of course, we're on iTunes, We're on stitch Er, We're on Overcast apparently now on iHeartRadio as well. But really anything you're looking through, we should be there, and if we're not, please let me know.
Speaker 4: I want to also ask you real quick while I'm thinking about it, who designed your logo? Is that something you guys came up with or somebody did for you? Because it's it's a pretty badass.
Speaker 5: Logo for us, isn't it amazing? No?
Speaker 10: So, my well, my wife if I can say this really quick. My wife has a blog called a Spoonful of Grace dot com. And my sister is a graphic designer. She's an amateur, but she has like an Etsy shop where she sells her work and stuff. And so she made a logo for my wife that looked amazing, and so I texted her and I'm like, hey, Tessa, could.
Speaker 5: You uh haha, could you make me a logo again?
Speaker 8: Just joking.
Speaker 5: Everything about the podcast started out as a joke, and the logo was no exception. I joke that to her. She said sure.
Speaker 10: I was like, oh dang, And then I sent her some some other podcast logos that I love and like, I shit you not. It was twenty five minutes later she replied with that image. So she just came up with it out of nowhere, and it's it's amazing.
Speaker 5: I love our logo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did too. I think it's pretty uh it's pretty professional. Yeah, all right, guys. Once again, I want to thank you guys for coming on, and uh, you know, maybe sometime in the future we'll do some some more collaboration on some other stories because uh, you guys, like I said, you touch on some topics that not everybody touches on. Like I said, you've got one on King Tutt and you've got uh and we didn't mention this year. You guys have a Patreon page two, so if people come on and they like it, they can support the show financially and get some extra shows and stuff like that, because you guys do some breakdown, some debriefings and uh and talk about some of the previous So yeah, we do, we do, but uh, like I said, we'll talk in the future and and uh, like I said, once again, thanks for coming on. We appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Jerry.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thanks for having us man, And I hope it Hillbilly Horror Stories continues to have amazing success.
Speaker 4: So me too. I'll never be able to quit my job. Yeah right, all right, so thanks to those guys for coming on. That was that was fun, man. Them guys are a hoot.
Speaker 7: It was fun.
Speaker 4: But you can tell from that, these guys are super intelligent. So they just take a different approach to the to the whole supernatural and stuff than what we do. So I don't know, everybody's got a different take on stuff. And that's what makes us fun is because everybody's got a different sound. And like I said, I hope you liked those guys and did that. And then like I said, with the Don't Break the Oath guys June eleventh, I'm excited about this. We're gonna have the girls on from and that's why we drink, oh boy. And I've been I've been talking back and forth to Christine on that and they're excited about it. We're excited about it, and uh, you know it's the if you guys haven't checked their show out yet, you go check on out and that's why we drink. You'll you'll love it. They're they're funny as hell, and uh, I'm excited about it. I'm that's kind of the one I'm most interested to team up with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't wait for that. They are fun.
Speaker 4: That will be a fun show. I can guarantee you that with some curson yeah ted bit. Yeah. But anyway, thank you guys so much. Like I said, all the mothers out there, have a happy Mother's Day. Be safe af there this weekend.
Speaker 6: Happy Mother's Day, guys, and cherish your time with your mom's. Mine's not here anymore. And I would give anything to just you know, give her a big old hug and stuff. So just make sure you cherish your time with your mom's and just remember to love one another and you all have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Yep, same here. My mom's been gone for This will be the eleventh Mother's Day. I believe it's the tenth or the eleventh, so it's it's not something you really ever get used to, especially when this Holliday comes up. So just remember the beauty of the show like this is. It's always reminds you that if your mother is not physically on this earth, she is still with you in spirit. So remember that. Thank you guys, and we love you guys, and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 6: Love you bye.