Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. No official statement yet from the White House or the Pentagon about this Iranian attack on an American air base and Cutter, it's where we kick off what is happening?
Speaker 2: Time for what's happening.
Speaker 3: What's happened, and brought to you by Trajan Wealth. Trajan Wealth is going to help you set and achieve your financial goals for retirement.
Speaker 1: Your local trusted financial fiduciary Trajanwealth dot com. Aron warned Cutter about the attack, leading many to speculate that the aggressions may be over the idea of being hey, we're giving you a heads up. We have saved face here in Iran. We have retaliated, and now we're putting our weapons down and we're ready to.
Speaker 4: Talk the.
Speaker 3: That's the only explanation I have for Obviously, their systems, their capability has been degraded by a week's worth of attacks from Israel. But this was, let me use your favorite term, this was weak stream. And I don't know if it's simply because they don't have the ability or this was a calculated move to make it appear to Iranians that they were doing something, but to everybody else in the outside world, hey, we get we'll stop.
Speaker 4: We'll do this. We know that you can knock these out of the sky. Will stop.
Speaker 1: The good thing that we have averted is any sort of shut down of the straight of horror moves.
Speaker 5: That is good news.
Speaker 1: We've seen oil prices plummet as they went up about four percent yesterday, anticipating that today was going to be a day when we saw a retaliatory move. We did an oil prices have reacted accordingly to the idea that this could be a one and done situation from Iran.
Speaker 5: Again, we are waiting to hear from the president.
Speaker 1: He did meet with his National Secure team today as a monitor all the latest.
Speaker 3: Okay, So domestically, there was a guy wearing a tactical vest carrying a couple handguns targeting a suburban church in Detroit just yesterday morning, firing shots into the building from outside during a vacation Bible school service before he was run over by one person and then fatally shot by a church security guard.
Speaker 1: Hey, he was driving erradically, I had that vest on with the long gun and the handgun. And I just love it when people bring their a game, their a game to church.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a church member noticed this guy was shooting and hit him with his Ford f one fifty nice run over by. One of the members saw the whole thing happening. Then two church members shot at the gunman, including one of the security guards, and ended up killing the guy. Thirty one year old man from the neighborhood from nearby Romulus, Michigan, suffering some sort of a mental health crisis.
Speaker 4: According to the chief of police.
Speaker 1: My husband said, yesterday hear about that that boat what happened in Tahoe? And I said, what what happened Tahoe? It's this summer. He goes, yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: Someone got drunk and fall off right.
Speaker 1: Boat capsized a powerboat. Six people killed, two injured. I don't remember in my memory of this happening. They said there was a violent sudden storm Saturday afternoon. We're talking eight foot swells, howling winds. It was a twenty seven foot crisscraft launched twenty seven that went down shortly after three pm. There was a group of ten on board. They say they were caught amid plunging temperatures, rough waters, wind gusts topping thirty five miles per hour. The thing about Tahoe is the conditions do change. But the people who live in Tahoe and know the lake pretty savvy very much. So will let you know what days you can go out, which days you cannot, Which areas of the lake are going to be particular trouble on which particular day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's something about I don't know if you've seen the video, it looked like it was a January February storm over the weekend.
Speaker 1: One of the places I will rent a powerboat is in Tahoe Keys there and Chris Williams is a boat operator there. He's one of the four company captains out on the lake Saturday when the weather turned. He says, we brave the weather and came back during some severe wave heights that have never been seen on Lake Tahoe. He said, we were pushing the vessels to their maximum capabilities while making sure to keep all the clients safely aboard.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Chris, being an operator out of Tahoe Keys like that knows the lake. They know the lake like the back of their hand and that caught them off guard. So these weren't people who took out the boat when they were told not to, or a bad time of day or what have you. This was just a Greek wave, a lake weather accident.
Speaker 3: Two boats from Tahoe Keys broke from the pier washed ashore. Williams described the incident as an act of God and said the two boats that did break away salvageable. Six months of love and rehab, they'll get them back out there. I was there one time I Tahoe, staying at a with our family at a hotel right on the water on south shore. Overnight storm that was the craziest storm I'd ever seen. Sheets of ice that were covering the docks the next morning, and random boats floating in the lake that had been knocked off of there.
Speaker 5: I've never seen that, especially.
Speaker 1: I don't know what time of year you were there, winter time exactly, so I would assume maybe that can happen, but you don't see that in June. In late June there is prime tourist season.
Speaker 3: There is an investigation going on on a four or five freeway. Southbound lanes were shut down overnight through the Supulveta Pass. There was a mult vehicle crash that ended up killing an LAPD sergeant and another driver early this morning. The sergeant had stopped on the southbound lanes of the freeway right at sunset in order to help someone else that was involved in a separate crash. This is about two two thirty in the morning. When the sergeant parked his patrol vehicle put the amber flashers on. That's when another driver slammed into the LAPED vehicle and the sergeant. The LAPD confirmed his identity. Sergeant Schu Dang, the chief this morning, made the comments outside of UCLA Medical Center after the sergeant had been pronounced dead.
Speaker 6: He's an exceptional guy, a true leader, a true hero. He had twenty six just twenty six and a half years on the LAPD. During that time, he spent about seventeen of those years working our mental Evaluation unit, where he was out there every day caring for the most vulnerable in our society. Two years ago he made sergeant and was assigned to West l A Division, and he was all the people I've talked to who work closely with them, exceptionally funny, caring to a fault for his people.
Speaker 3: The procession has already made its way out of UCLA Medical Center. They had taken the body in a medical examiner's van to the coroner's office, amongst hundreds of other law enforcement agent officers from different agencies, fire crews, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Indianapolis Man they get screwed repeatedly. You know, started with Peyton Manning's neck injury, Andrew Luck retiring, Richardson getting hurt. Anyway, in the NBA, the Pacers, they lost their star Tyre's Halliburton ruptured achilles during during the game, which makes you wonder how much medication Aaron Rodgers was on when he had no expression tearing his achilles. But anyway, how class act were the Indiana Pacers fans who turned up at the airport at two thirty am to cheer on their team, including Tyrese Haliburton in a wheelchair.
Speaker 5: That is class. That is a class act.
Speaker 1: You would expect every fan base to do so you if you watch the end of Game seven. By the way, when Oklahoma City Thunder won for the first time ever, it looked like they had won a regular game in April. There was not a lot of fanfare, There was not a lot of excitement it was tepid at best.
Speaker 5: Just getting on the hardwood there.
Speaker 4: Just getting there is that what it is. That's what their expectation was, and they met their expectation.
Speaker 1: The best meme was all the chilis in Oklahoma City are going to stay open late tonight.
Speaker 4: That great.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there are things to do in Oklahoma City that we know nothing about.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there are.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we have a shot at you winning one thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you how you can pick it up.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six. Forty.
Speaker 1: Satellite imagery of the air base and cutter taken this morning shows it was nearly empty of aircraft ahead of the Iranian missile attack.
Speaker 5: These images were captured by Planet Labs.
Speaker 1: They showed dozens of aircraft at the base throughout early June, before Israel began its bombing campaign against Iran June thirteenth, a lot of power there on that base, and then just before the Iranian attack appears that there is one aircraft visible on the entire base that.
Speaker 3: We last week they had been moving a lot of those airplanes out of harm's way potentially, and this is I don't remember seeing this before, but Iran apparently through its proxies warned the United States and caught her that missiles were incoming. Now they have said that it's not over. They've said that the retaliation is not done, and Iranian official says it will continue retaliatory strikes following the barrage of missiles that were fired at that Aludad Air base there in Doha. More than ten thousand American troops and usually about one hundred airplanes, strategic bombers, tankers are all stationed, but again they had been moved out of harms.
Speaker 1: Well, that seems to be a roll of the dice to the if they do exist, the terrorist sleeper cells abroad, they said that that is the last remaining weapon that Iran has truly to use. It would be to activate those terrorist cells to commit terrorism and attacks abroad. The FBI knows that all well, they've been investigating leading up to all of this today about what they know, the cells that exist, that could exist, that could mobilize. They keep intelligence files on all of those things.
Speaker 7: We know.
Speaker 3: The President was in the with the National Security team in the White House Situation Room. We'll talk about that in a second, because I also have to get to one of his truth social posts from earlier today. But in the meantime, we have a chance for you to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Here's how you know your chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website bonus. That's Bonus bo n Us editor now at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 3: The keyword again, Bonus goes on the website. Make sure you keep in mind on your email since that's how we notify you that you want one thousand dollars. And John's got another chance coming up about an hour from now.
Speaker 1: Let's just put this Middle East to situation on the back burner for a moment.
Speaker 5: What did you do this weekend?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is probably because we are in the same room and our computers live in the same room, and I did order a couple of leotards for myself.
Speaker 4: How did that get into my computer.
Speaker 1: So your computer must think that you're shopping for adults male leotards for your ballet classes.
Speaker 4: That is okay.
Speaker 1: It's there's two ads on Gary's screen right now, and it's a man question mark in a tasteful V neck leotard.
Speaker 4: I didn't know they made that. I didn't. I didn't know leotard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, cap sleeve. I think you'd look I don't. I don't think i'd put you in a V neck.
Speaker 1: I think I I think I like the scoop neck on you better, don't you think that? Yeah, I don't see you in the TVV what what kind.
Speaker 4: Of tight crew?
Speaker 1: Oh? So up?
Speaker 5: Okay, I can see that. Yeah, you would look great in that.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 5: Ye sleeves or no, no, deafly, I don't know. I think you could do both.
Speaker 1: I think you could do like a tank a sleeve list but you know, with the crew top, and then I think you could also do sleeves.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen your arms, and I don't know if they're ready for. I don't know what your arms are ready for. I haven't seen them for years. I would be blinded if I saw the flesh.
Speaker 4: That is true. That is, that is very true.
Speaker 1: But when you come back from Hawaii, you're going to be a bronze god.
Speaker 4: I doubt it, but but.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. So President Trump took to truth social today. This was now it's a few hours old, but he did say, if you remember early in the show, I was referring to former Russian President dmitriy Medvedev, who has been active on social media since this took place, and said, for one thing, the uranium was gone, the attacks on the Iranian nuclear facilities were completely unsuccessful, and that everybody's lining up to give your on an actual nuclear weapon. Now, So President Trump wrote, did I hear former President Medvedev from Russia casually throwing around the N word nuclear and saying that he and other countries would supply nuclear warheads to Iran? Did he really say that or is it just a figment of my imagination. If he did say that, and if confirmed, please let me know immediately. No, he's telling this too. The N word again from the president. The N word should not be treated so casually. I guess that's why Putin's the boss.
Speaker 4: All caps.
Speaker 3: By the way, if anyone thinks our hardware was great over the weekend. Far and away, the strongest and best equipment we have twenty years advanced over the pack is our nuclear submarines. They are the most powerful and lethal weapons ever built and just launched the thirty Tomahawks.
Speaker 4: All thirty hit their mark perfectly.
Speaker 3: So in addition to our great fighter pilots, thank you to the captain and the crew. So, okay, what we're doing.
Speaker 5: Are we still going to do motivational monthlies?
Speaker 4: Let's do it at the end of the show.
Speaker 5: That sounds good.
Speaker 4: End on a good note. Okay, we'll find some other stuff. There's a lot to.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to unpack. Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Still dealing with the fallout from American strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities over the weekend. One of the big issues that has come up is that Democrats in Congress have said they were not informed about what was going on and that they didn't get any sort of heads up that American military was going to be used against Iran. The White House has insisted that it did inform the appropriate members of Congress, but that one of the louder opponents. Hakeem Jeffries, the Democratic House Minority leader, didn't answer the phone when they tried to call him on Saturday. According to Caroline Levett, White House Press Secretary, she said, first of all, we did make bipartisan calls. There was a story rolling around today that Democrats did not get phone calls. She said, that's entirely not true. They were bipartisan calls.
Speaker 4: She said.
Speaker 3: In fact, Hakim Jeffries could not be reached. She said that a CNN report that claimed the White House did not give a heads up to Democrats in congressional leadership is completely false. A source that was familiar with Hakim Jeffries said that his office did get a no details notification, that the notification came on an unsecured line, and that Hakim Jeffries did not get any key details or a fuller classified briefing about the strikes on the nuclear facilities before they occurred. The office did not respond for specifics about why Hakim Jeffries didn't answer the call. At a news conference today, Haakim Jeffries then said, in a may bee parsing words, here, we haven't gotten an initial briefing from the White House. All we received from the White House was a so called courtesy call with no explanation as to the rationale for the decision that was taken that could have serious consequences for the American people.
Speaker 1: Of course, it would be nice if Congress agreed and gave the rubber stamp of approval. Of course, you're going to have those conversations. Of course you're going to be pissed off that you appear to be unix in this situation, unfortunately said, but there we are. It looks worse when Chuck Schumer and Hakim Jeffries go behind a podium and start demanding things like classified briefings.
Speaker 5: You sound like a whiny child with no power.
Speaker 1: You sound pissed off that you were not invited to the adult table.
Speaker 5: It sucks, it does. It sucks. But the way you react is everything.
Speaker 8: The the way you react, especially in a situation where you were in Congress, Chuck Schumer specifically, you've been in Congress for multiple presidents and have seen this come and go with both Republican and Democratic presidents.
Speaker 3: That military actions like this are within the scope of the president's power.
Speaker 1: It also should be mentioned that you know this air force base that we're talking about, the air base there and Cutter. Donald Trump was just there a few weeks ago. He was just at that military facility. He talked about his administration's diplomatic efforts to tamp down Tehran's nuclear ambitions. He talked about being optimistic that his negotiations would win out with Iran. He had hundreds of uniformed service members with him as a backdrop as there, and he said that day as president, my priority is to end conflicts, not start them. But I would never hesitate to wield American power if necessary to defend the United States of America. There's been another reaction that appears to be whiny and not not with.
Speaker 5: Dignity that you're seeing.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh wow, the Democrats, we don't start wars, we don't do this.
Speaker 5: You know, this is not what we do. You know, we stay out of things. You know that kind of just just sit it out.
Speaker 3: For a few days, just be honest, just be intellectually honest about it. You guys did not have a problem with Barack Obama bombs Syria right when we went into Libya, when we went into Kosovo and Serbia, Like.
Speaker 5: Just the hypocrisy is just a bad look.
Speaker 1: It's just a bad look if you're not happy because this appears at this point, and again it's so early in the game, but it appears to be something to stand by and to be proud of.
Speaker 5: No casualties.
Speaker 1: As clean as you're going to get when you're taking out a country's nuclear program, you don't want to appear to be the whiny winner in all of it. It's a bad look for the country. It's a bad look for you personally.
Speaker 5: Just don't talk for.
Speaker 1: A couple of days and then get back to what it is you do day to day, or if you can't help it.
Speaker 3: Praise the work of the men and women in the military who pulled this thing off.
Speaker 4: Could do that, it appears.
Speaker 3: The latest update, by the way, after Iran's apparent retaliation against that alos said airbase there in Cotterer, the President is apparently telling members of the military there is no intention to take further action after Iran's failed retaliation. Military official said, as long as it stands, Trump has no intention of retaliating for the failed retaliation. Tehran launched somewhere six ten missiles something like that at the Alidad Air base nine of which were intercepted. According to this official for the Pentagon, the remaining missile went down but in an open area, didn't cause any casualties or significant damage. The New York Post also says that the launch appeared to have been coordinated, that Catter allowed itself to be targeted to save face, that the Iranians gave Cotter a heads up and gave the United States heads up as well.
Speaker 4: You texting Pete.
Speaker 1: Hegseth, no, I was just trying to check it on SIG alert. All lanes of the southbound four oh five are open through the Sopulvida Pass as of one moment ago. Didn't know when that that closure. It was a full closure there, and as you know, through the Cupulvida Pass, any day of the week, you're gonna have to change the way that you go about your your day, your afternoon, no matter where you are, no matter where you are exactly, so, all lanes of the southbound four to five have reopened there through the Pulvita Pass following the deaths of two people, including that LAPD veteran twenty seven years in the department sergeant, in a crash early of this morning.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll wrap things up with what we know today so far, and then a quick motivational Monday Oh KICKI into the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM. Six forty.
Speaker 3: Israel expanded its war against Iran to include some targets now associated with the struggling theocracy that runs Iran. They hit the gate of a notorious prison, Evan prison, one that holds political activists. They hit the headquarters the military force that suppressed recent protests that had popped up there. Meanwhile, we saw Cotter temporarily and by the way, I don't care how.
Speaker 4: You pronounce it, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Cotter temporarily closed its st airspace amid threats of Irani retaliation. Iran says that they launched a number of missiles at the Allodad air base there and caught her specifically to target the Americans specifically, specifically in retaliation for the attack on the nuclear facilities that we undertook over the weekend. Of course, there was some thick smoke rising over the capital of Iran. Today, Israel was attacked with yet another barrage of rannie and missiles and drones. This has who knows ten days old now stepped up of course with our involvement, but we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 1: This feels to be the most calm place we've been in a couple of weeks when it comes to impending action from anybody. Seems like things are calm right now. Iran has retaliated in the most calm and what's a premeditated way, uh, giant telegrat telegraphed. I just feel like things are settled for right now. Just feels that way.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see. This week is going to be important internationally. The President is on his way to NATO, is on his way to the Netherlands, I should say, for the NATO gathering that's coming out the NATO summit, and there.
Speaker 4: Is some concern.
Speaker 3: That along with whatever's going on between Russia and Ukraine and now between Israel, Iran, the United States and other everybody else, it seems like that the discussion over who's going to fund NATO is going to come up. So that is a significant issue that we're going to be talking about for the next several days.
Speaker 1: A couple things I saw the Stephen King Novella turned into major motion picture over the weekend. The Life of Chuck supposed to be life affirming our times. What's it's a wonderful life of our time?
Speaker 5: It is great. It was a great movie. It was all of those things.
Speaker 1: Stephen King's is Stephen King actually said to be happy with this. He has remained mom with a lot of the books that he has written turning into movies. He hasn't liked a lot of them, but he'll cash those checks. This one he actually vouched for and said it is a great movie, and it was. It was one of those movies you feel good watching and you feel good at the end, and that is rare these days. I definitely recommend it The Life of Chuck.
Speaker 3: Was there any sort of supernatural thriller aspect to it?
Speaker 4: I mean? Or is it just Stephen King writing a nice story?
Speaker 1: No, it was all very plausible, using touches of that, but very realistic. And if that makes it, it'll make sense if you've seen it. The other pop culture note, I got a text from one of my best friends said can we go to this? I click on it. It is a picture of Dolly Parton. Why oh in Vegas? Because Dolly Parton is headed to Vegas. It's going to be a mini residency. It was announced today. It's going to be December fourth through the thirteenth at the Colisee at Caesar's. She hasn't regularly toured in about ten years, hasn't been to Vegas for an extended run in thirty two years, she says. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday. I would love to see that.
Speaker 4: Good for her.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's probably gonna be a fortune to.
Speaker 4: Go, but yes it is.
Speaker 3: We didn't get to very many talkbacks today because how you doing today?
Speaker 9: Dave from Toronto? Dave, why don't you have some Canadian oil? It's pretty good, not far to ship it to you. I know we got pipelines going down there, but somebody's they've gotten in the way. So anyway, we have watched Natural Resources as you know. Anyway, we're always here to help you guys out when you're in a jam.
Speaker 5: Of course, Canadians are out there, so nice.
Speaker 4: Hey from Toronto.
Speaker 5: I love some Canadian oil. I don't know what that means, but I'm down for it.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys.
Speaker 5: Carloson Hollywood absolutely offended by your comments.
Speaker 4: About Oklahoma City.
Speaker 7: I have a friend who moved out there from to Oklahoma City is that water of depression.
Speaker 4: So I went to go visitor for a weekend and I let you're absolutely depressed. So there's absolutely nothing to do about bob.
Speaker 1: You know what doesn't make me depressed? Kebobs. I'm in a very big kbab phase of life.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that was a thing for you.
Speaker 1: Well, Mediterranean right now isn't a fa chicken skewer situation.
Speaker 5: I'm in this phase. It's very healthy and delicious.
Speaker 4: Candy can be very good.
Speaker 5: Chomp, chomp, chomp.
Speaker 4: Listen for motivational Monday.
Speaker 3: I wanted to go back to a soft space for us, so I handpicked this one.
Speaker 5: Can you say soft? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Comforting?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Warm blanket?
Speaker 5: I like warm blankets.
Speaker 3: This is two thousand and six, which was season one, Friday, Episode two. The Dylan Panthers are finals, but they're trailing. Oh, they're trailing twenty six nothing.
Speaker 5: What does coach Taylor have to say?
Speaker 4: When Jason Street went down the first game of season.
Speaker 7: Everybody wrote us off, everybody.
Speaker 9: And yet here we.
Speaker 7: Are at the championship game. Forty thousand people out there have also written us off. There are a few out there who do still believe in you. If you'll never give up on you, you go back out on the field. Those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Every man at some point in his life he's gonna lose a battle. He's gonna fight, and he's gonna lose.
Speaker 4: But what makes him a man.
Speaker 7: Is it in the midst of that battle he does not lose himself. This game is not over.
Speaker 4: This battle is not over.
Speaker 7: So let's hear it one more time together, clear eyes, full hearts.
Speaker 4: Let's go, guys.
Speaker 5: Do you think that's what the cruise?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 1: Aboard the now. Okay, they said a lot of bad way. I shouldn't have tried to rope it in God, I love Coach Taylor agreed.
Speaker 4: That's why I chose that one specific. I was thinking about that all day yesterday.
Speaker 5: You did a really good job. You made me cry Monday.
Speaker 3: That's the whole point, all right, John Cobelt, Choe is coming up next.
Speaker 4: We'll see you tomorrow. Stay drive.
Speaker 3: Everybody thinks you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app