Speaker 1: Well, hello, and welcome to Laura Kane after Dark, the podcast that tries to be your escape from your everyday stresses. We hope we make you laugh. We might make you think, maybe not.
Speaker 2: Laura might make you cry.
Speaker 1: There may be some tears, but probably not. This is Eric River and then we have producer Brian. Hello, and we missed last.
Speaker 2: Week because you had a YaST infection.
Speaker 3: No, it was worse than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Actually it was something you don't don't talk about. Its warts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know a lot went down last week and I was going to see my mom Tuesday. I was supposed to go to New York to visit my daughter and that fell through. So I was like all kinds of crazy, like I just went off the grid and I couldn't. I was like, the podcast has to be taken off the plate because I felt like I was about to lose my mind.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, Yes.
Speaker 1: M do you understand? Yes, Okay, I'm sorry we missed last week, but I think that the shows would have been bad. I would have been like like out of my mind.
Speaker 3: Her voice is already shaking us. Just she talks about the most basic like.
Speaker 1: I know there's a couple of things I want to talk about that are kind of making me a little bit nervous. Okay, well, first of all, something that I am not okay with. We're going to start off with that, and we're going to get into words of advice from all sorts of people in my life, including my eighty four year old mother, her eighty four year old best friend since they're fifteen.
Speaker 2: And Marie.
Speaker 1: She sent me her response, Oh okay, okay, okay, good best piece of advice you can give to somebody. And I thought two eighty four year old women who have lived a long life have like the most vital advice.
Speaker 2: Just wait, I can't wait, just wait, Oh I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we have that you have something that you watched and you want to pass it along. Yes, we have the Double D, which is really juicy, including a major couple a list to the max. Yes, might be done. So now this one nobody saw coming. Ah, So that's in the Double D. And this I am not okay with?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a pizza place in Australia. They have many locations throughout Australia.
Speaker 3: Australia. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: No, this is what I'm not okay with, and I'm hoping does not float over here to the United States.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's got to have something disgusting on it.
Speaker 1: It has. It's their variation of the Hawaiian pizza, which has pineapple and ham, which is delicious acquired taste.
Speaker 3: No, not even it's good.
Speaker 1: See, I'm straight up cheese. I can whoa only cheese. I'm the purest Hell no, it's the most pure you can get a pizza pie.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like eating a sandwich, but like all you have is lettuce in there, and that's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't like any meat. And again I don't like fruit, so that's just meat. But this place called Bubba Pizza, they have just unveiled their ham and orange slices. Actually, that sounds all kinds of putrid.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have that than just cheese pizza.
Speaker 1: You would rather have an orange slice, of course they're peeled, but orange chunks on your pizza is awful. What about a margarita pizza?
Speaker 3: I love margari pizza. It's not just cheese though.
Speaker 1: Cheese. Well you are do you are?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Are you guys? Well you don't, but do you do? Like the the meat lovers like all kinds of meat piled on pizza, you.
Speaker 3: Lovers, is fine. I don't do mushrooms. I hate mushrooms, so anything with mushrooms is a no. But yeah, load is on there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I pick off all the sausage, pick it off? Pick it off? Why pick it off? I want plane cheese. That's it. So I'm not okay with that.
Speaker 3: That's like saying, oh, my favorite piece of art is just the blank canvas with maybe like the primer coat on it. Cheese. Pizza is not pizza. That's the precursor to pizza.
Speaker 1: I think that there might be a fight a bruin over that. What do you think? What do you what's your favorite pizza?
Speaker 2: Pepperoni?
Speaker 3: Thank you pepper He's amazing, delicious.
Speaker 2: I can eat pepperoni any which way.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Do you add anything else besides pepperoni?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'll order if I want to be really daring, I'll order onions and jalapanios.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's that's delicious. Now we're a little bit of sausage on there. Peperon and sausage.
Speaker 1: There we go, thin crust, medium crust, thick crust.
Speaker 3: I like medium and thick, medium, thick fluffy crust, Yes, fluffy. I will say if you go down to like North Park and you go to the real Italian cafes whatever, and you get the thin crust pizza, that is good, but it's not as good as thick, fluffy crust.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had Chicago deep dish?
Speaker 3: I have it. Yes, It's it's a lot. It's good. It is a lot. Though it is like it's like biting into a soup.
Speaker 1: It really really is like a dough in like tomato sauce soup.
Speaker 3: It's like the sour dough soup bowls.
Speaker 1: Totally, totally Okay, So let's start off with our host chat. We have new host chat music. You go first and then I'll go second because I have a controversial host chat.
Speaker 2: I think mine is not so controversial. But you and I and Brian, with our love of horror.
Speaker 3: Movies, horror, horror, horror, I prefer horror movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: I just watched over the weekend on Hulu. It's a documentary called The Monster Inside and it's the documentary about the McCamey Horrhouse. Horror House.
Speaker 1: Is a real thing, yes, obviously, if it's a documentary.
Speaker 2: It's they've had it all over the country and the final place I think was San Diego.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, the dude they put on the yes, and.
Speaker 2: It's extreme torture. Like I did not know this until I watched it because I had heard about it. People were getting teeth extracted, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: They signed away their rights to do it all.
Speaker 2: They waterboarding like people torture, yes, And I'm like, the guy got off it totally. I was scared to death.
Speaker 1: There was a line, there was a waiting list of people to get in there.
Speaker 3: I think some of this stuff is a little dramatized. I don't think any I mean I don't remember. I remember watching like looking into a lot, and I don't remember anything anyone actually coming forward to say they were the one that had their teeth extracted.
Speaker 2: Oh no. On the documentary there is really yes.
Speaker 3: How do you just have I don't know. I was.
Speaker 2: I was because you know my thing with teeth, Oh I know. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: It's a cereal Like he's just like he wants to be a serial killer, but he doesn't. He doesn't think you get away with it, so he does then xpec thing.
Speaker 2: God, it was frightening.
Speaker 1: Are you watching the New White Lotus? Yes, I'm not, Holy Mother of God, I love it.
Speaker 2: I knew there was something between the two sons.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh there. Things are getting really really interesting. This maybe the best one.
Speaker 2: Last week the dad showed his junk full junk.
Speaker 1: Junk full junk. Oh yeah, and it was like not a small It wasn't a short shot.
Speaker 2: No, it was a long lingering shot.
Speaker 1: It was a long lingering shot.
Speaker 2: It's probably on someone's screensaver, not mine, but probably throughout the world. There's that shot of someone's screensaver.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, did you see it?
Speaker 2: So not if if you haven't seen it yet, you watch it spoiler alert. But where they go to that like rave or whatever that was, and the brother is going like this to the brother's hair, like running his hands through his hair, And I was all, if these two start getting it on on the beach, I'm tuning out. I do not want to see incest's best put your brother to the test.
Speaker 1: It makes me going to go to Thailand though, because it looks so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In that like that, well, in the ritzy part they go to the Ritchie richiep Actually, well, No, this place where White Lotus is taking place is like the most like fanciest of the fancy resorts and stuff. But it's really good. Okay, hit the host chat music. Here's my host chat.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Now I need to preface this by saying, I am this is not a political show. We don't talk about politics. I don't like to talk. I don't like politics, so I don't partake. Okay, are you and Eric both for Trump?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Stop antag.
Speaker 2: Such a good I do not want any Okay, I did not vote.
Speaker 1: I want to know for the record, I want to know your thoughts on this. Yes, this has nothing to do with voting or who, what we believe in or anything. I was going through a friend's stuff who was giving away some stuff to goodwill and this and that. But so I found this really nice metal kind of like distress but on purpose American flag. It was just a metal sign, and I thought, oh, somebody might really want this. So I put it at the front of my place because a lot of times I'll leave stuff there and people will take it because they know it's it's free. So I'm like, you know, cause I didn't where am I going to put it? So and it was nice enough, so I just left it there. I thought somebody might want it. Well, the next day I pulled into my spot, I looked over to the right, and there's the flag hanging on my fence. I'm like, who put that on there?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I looked closer. Somebody, uh, drilled it into my fence. So it is un You can't take it off unless you have a drill to take it off. Now, look, are.
Speaker 3: You sure it wasn't a roommate, by the way.
Speaker 1: No, it was not a Trust me one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Knock.
Speaker 1: I am proud to be an American. I love this country, don't get me wrong. Don't get me wrong. Of course, there's so many beautiful things about this country. Let's not have politics aside. So showing the American flag is not something I'm a sham in any way. However, I don't want others to get the wrong impression of what kind of person that does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Who has the stones to like deface your fence?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: It sucks that, like I have to think that way.
Speaker 3: I think you should wear that flag proud. I think I think it is always okay to be proud to be an American.
Speaker 1: Yes it is. However, are people going to like throw eggs at my house because they think that I am like so on one side.
Speaker 3: Okay, if I think if it is a political statement to have a flag, I think probably it speaks more about the other side than wherever. You know, it speaks more about the people who throw the eggs than you who has the flag up.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's permanently on my fence now, so I didn't notice it. Okay, Well, by the way, you look very good in that kind Thank you. Hello Saint Patrick's day. I see no green. I see no green.
Speaker 3: I am not wearing green, and I am irish though I am.
Speaker 1: Like, how what is the percentage?
Speaker 3: It is some because I am too up in the seventy percent range. Oh great, great great somewhere in that generation, like half My grandparents were all from Ireland, all born there.
Speaker 1: My dad's sister, who's redhead, married a red headed man. They had twelve kids. They were all red heads. Oh my god, my mom is a red head, my brother's a red head, my sister's a red head. My dad was kind of a red head. We have lots of red heads in the family. So I'm wondering if I'm more Irish than German.
Speaker 2: That's what I think was that were were actually related, because nobody in my family has red hair.
Speaker 1: I think, I really think that my mom is fooling around.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: I think married your mom was fooling around and then had him before she had me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just gave me away because I was a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you far way from Hollywood. They took you down south.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I should do the DNA tests. They're fun.
Speaker 2: Left me on someone's door stepe.
Speaker 3: Not even the like necessarily like the r WE related one, but just what your ancestry is, because I'm seventy or eighty percent uh English and Irish and Scottish.
Speaker 1: I read that someday we are all going to regret doing that, because there's going to be so much knowledge about our like, who.
Speaker 3: Cares a bit you're from the United Kingdom, what a loser? Like?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's just too much information about us personally out there anyway.
Speaker 3: And then I don't think anyone's gonna get like your social security from your ancestry.
Speaker 1: Oh god, well, anyway, I know they can get it other way snoring.
Speaker 2: What el is totally snoring.
Speaker 1: Okay, now let's do the double D because.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of dirt we do.
Speaker 1: Then we'll get to the words of advice that I have received so far, and I want to hear your best piece of advice for somebody. I love this because they're all so different. What's going on in the world.
Speaker 2: Major news tonight, George and Them All Clooney may be done. There are tabloid reports that George and Them All Clooney are separating. He is in New York preparing for his Broadway debut, and she's teaching at Oxford in England, and it's caused them to grow apart.
Speaker 1: There's a big age difference there too.
Speaker 2: Is he's sixty three and she's forty seven.
Speaker 1: She seems to be the smartest person on the planet.
Speaker 2: She has done a lot, She is a lot going for her. It's very accomplished.
Speaker 3: Wait, is there any actual evidence they're splitting other than the fact that they're just not together right now.
Speaker 1: No, and it's just it's just it's a piece of gossip. Okay, But he is going to be on Broadway for the very first time, yes, playing Edward R.
Speaker 3: Murrow.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we talked.
Speaker 2: About he hasn't been broad away before.
Speaker 1: I know, me too, me too.
Speaker 2: Now we've got a couple of ben affleck. Okay. So now that he's had it with Jennifer Lopez and they're divorced, yes, he's got his eyes back on another young lady that he was also involved with before his ex wife, Jennifer Gardner.
Speaker 3: Oh, she she should get back with her.
Speaker 2: So he would love another shot with her, but he realizes the time isn't right. He's fresh off of a divorce and she's got a boyfriend that she's reportedly happy with, and surprise, surprise, that boyfriend is not particularly thrilled with this news.
Speaker 3: No, I never should have split up.
Speaker 1: She and Ben were photographed not cuddling, but he had his arm around her and they write their kid's game or something. The boyfriend saw it and said, if I see another picture like that, I'm out here. I'm walking because he is crossing the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think so too. I don't think that that's.
Speaker 1: Right because I don't think she wants it, would you?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 1: Not? After all that Jennifer Lopez, all that hellabaloo and the wedding.
Speaker 3: And I don't know to speak for Jennifer Garner.
Speaker 2: I like Jennifer.
Speaker 3: I think I think she said stuff in the past, saying that she wished they had worked things out or something.
Speaker 1: But I think she's moved on.
Speaker 3: How would you know, how did you talk to her?
Speaker 1: I'm just feeling that as a woman. Okay, I'm feeling that as a woman.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, you have a psychic connection with Jennifer Harner.
Speaker 1: I've been through something similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Shoot, you look kind of lose it for the other person.
Speaker 3: You can also get it back.
Speaker 2: I just realized something with this next story coming up, what oh so? And it just hit me, now, what as I was getting ready to talk about it, Well, I know somebody that works for Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 1: Where is she?
Speaker 2: So she has not hosted a show since March fifth, right now, I think it's Wanda Sykes that's hosting for her. There's been no word from her camp on what's going on. They just said it's a personal matter. But she is just dropped off the face of the earth. That has nothing to do with her, Yes, doesn't have anything to do so she's not in rehab or anything. No, what could it be? I know, I don't know, but I'm gonna at break, I'm gonna make a phone call. Maybe maybe I'll have some updated news.
Speaker 3: Wait, can you what's the backstory here?
Speaker 2: She just draws she's got her own talk show? Who Kelly Clarkson?
Speaker 3: Who's that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, are you for real? Right now?
Speaker 3: I'm half serious?
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm not even gonna answer that, Queka, I found Cooper.
Speaker 3: Everybody is in their fifties. Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, I haven't watched American Idol in years, have.
Speaker 3: Neither the rest of us.
Speaker 1: I have no interest.
Speaker 2: But the other night I was watching it and I think it's episode two. If you don't watch it, you do need to watch it.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Why for this one kid? So this woman comes out and the judges this year are this season are Carrie Underwood, Lionel Richie And.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why you're watching?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I haven't watched it. I just happened to tune in. I was, I don't know, watching something, and it just kind of kicked over to it, and another country singer I don't know what his name is also host it, and this woman comes on and she said, well, I'm not going to be singing, I'm here to support one of my students, and I had written This woman said, I had written a song for my son who passed away. And I asked the class, how could I put this poem to music. Well, this kid is a singer songwriter. He took this poem and wrote this song. And I mean, I was sobbing, and then like everybody on the panel was sobbing, like camera crew people were sobbing. It was the most beautiful song. And this kid just wrote never he never met this woman's son. Wow, it was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was really They were like, yes, we got a story, we got a good one, we got a heart, we got a tear jerker.
Speaker 2: I mean, and he was the most humble kid. He was only seventeen years old, and it was really something else. You know.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, Kelly Clarkson's out due to a family emergency.
Speaker 1: Yes, like we just said, it doesn't involve her directly, it's family emergency. But it's not like hart.
Speaker 3: No one knew, right, my bad. I thought that far was unknown.
Speaker 1: You know, if we want people to listen to our show, our producer should also listen to the show.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was zoning out because you guys are being mean to me. Oh wait, not me, That's why it was just Laura. Okay, I was gonna say, don't let me into that. Don't remember being mean to you exactly. I mean, I mean so little to her that she doesn't even remember what you mean to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So something is up with Justin.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about Justin Bieber. I'm really worried about him.
Speaker 2: He has the hiccups.
Speaker 3: Justin Bieber does. That's terrible.
Speaker 2: We help them.
Speaker 1: Elvis, Oh, yes, he gets those.
Speaker 2: So it turns out, according to a post in his Instagram stories, he said, quote, people told me my whole life, wow, Justin, you deserve that. I personally have always felt unworthy, like I was a fraud. Like when people told me I deserve something, it made me feel sneaky, Like damn. If they only knew my thoughts, how judgmental I am, how selfish I really am, they wouldn't be saying this. If you feel sneaky, welcome to the club. I definitely feel unequipped and unqualified. Most days, at least, he seems to be working through stuff. Maybe the new music he's been teasing will be an outlet for this introspection. Boo, I don't care.
Speaker 1: This could be a cry for help A or B. This could be just what you said.
Speaker 2: Music, Felicity.
Speaker 3: You don't cry for help to your million tens of millions of Instagram followers. You cry to help to your friends and your family members and maybe their buses.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily, yes, necessarily because I disagree with you.
Speaker 3: He's like God in such a bad place. Who should I go to for help? Oh? I know the people I've never met before online?
Speaker 1: His fans, his fan base.
Speaker 3: Fans are not fans are not family.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 3: Fans are not family or friends.
Speaker 1: I believe our listeners are family.
Speaker 3: I love our listeners. They're not family.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay is that controversial, Eric mister? I'm not being negative.
Speaker 1: I feel like, okay.
Speaker 3: If one of our fans was like, hey, do you mind if I come in? Great must sit down and be like, get out. You're not We're not friends.
Speaker 1: See you. I'm the kind that would say, come on in and.
Speaker 3: You get robbed, get killed, I'm going to send someone to rob you, and I'll say it's just tell me you're a fan.
Speaker 1: And if I get murdered, did I have ay? Told you this before. Real quick sidebar, remember because I watched Keith Morrison dateline this weekend.
Speaker 2: Was it was it with what's her name? The woman on death row? You see that one? No, Oh geez, what a nut.
Speaker 3: We're going sidetracked now.
Speaker 1: Listen when I get murdered from one of our family Men podcast members that you say is so uh frightening that you won't let him in the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't let them in my house.
Speaker 1: I want my date line to be with Keith Morrison, and it's going to be a two hour date line and it's going.
Speaker 3: To be God, Laura what Caine was so dumb she random people in their house and she got murdered for it.
Speaker 1: But they're they're going to dig up a lot of dirt on me and it's gonna be juicy.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, I'm gonna sing like a canary. They won't have to do much of the dame.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, her podcast family is even turning again.
Speaker 2: First of all, first of all, going to be suspects.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: First of all, at the beginning of the here's how this is going to pan out. They're going to interview us here at the scene of the crime. And all have already changed the logo.
Speaker 3: We'll leave. We'll leave the tape they put on the.
Speaker 2: Ground, the caution tape behind it, and it'll say like Eric Rimmer and producer Brian after dark.
Speaker 3: We'll actually we'll put the chocolate line on the ground. Oh you will leave that there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll fill it with like flowers and like gummy bears and red bull suspect.
Speaker 1: And so are you.
Speaker 3: And you know why because I'll show them the tape of her saying I would let them into my house and they'll go, oh, that makes sense. Why she got more.
Speaker 1: A distraction from you, from your true intentions.
Speaker 3: You're just deflecting, I know, reflecting whatever. Okay, Anyways, our fans please don't come to our houses. Yeah, well, okay, fine, come to Laura's house. She'll let you win.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Beyonce is promoting the new Cowboy Carter tour.
Speaker 1: Do you realize?
Speaker 2: Don't don't care? Okay, And she is now bleaching her eyebrows enough.
Speaker 1: It looks alien.
Speaker 2: It's not so weird. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like that trend.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I do think it's funny though, that you know, she won Best country album, which is crazy and go on tour. Who the hell is still talking about that album?
Speaker 2: Nobody? And here's the thing. Ticket sales are super low.
Speaker 3: Who listens to was just on tour?
Speaker 2: Right, the Renaissance tour?
Speaker 3: Who knew that? I thought that was a Taylor Swift tour.
Speaker 2: No, it was the Renaissance. It's like a year and a half ago.
Speaker 3: Who listen?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I didn't listen to the new one. I did, but I love the last one and I love Lemonade.
Speaker 3: I think Beyonce is overrated.
Speaker 1: Some of her stuff is awesome, but I don't know about single Ladies is no that I'm not that that was Destiny's Child.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, but that's like her most popular.
Speaker 1: Song, no it is.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I bet single Ladies is still like her her chart topping song cuff Yeah, exactly, see cuff it.
Speaker 1: You know what? Just listen to? So not that one, but the one before Renaissance. Listen to Renaissance.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Renaissance was good. Look.
Speaker 1: Joe Sailor on Instagram says he's been part of my family for many ghow he's a fan?
Speaker 3: Who is he?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I love him away, Joe Sailor.
Speaker 3: Are your family?
Speaker 1: He's look private family.
Speaker 3: I'm not here in star our fans. I think they're great. Please watch, Please tell your friends whole nine yards. We're not family.
Speaker 2: There are a podcast family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. No, there are podcast fans and we love them when they're fans.
Speaker 2: Family. There are a podcast family. Okay.
Speaker 1: If somebody if I said, hey, Eric, I have two tickets to Beyonce's tour. It's in La, it's in two weeks. You want to go, would you come?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe too much about trouble?
Speaker 3: Ask me, ask me, hey, I don't want to go?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you done with their double d?
Speaker 3: I am okay?
Speaker 1: Because now we're on to words of advice from all of us. Let's see what kind of thoughtful music is music? What's the bottom one say cricket sounds? No, we don't like cricket sounds. Just play something to lead us into this new sh you okay, okay. This all started on Tuesday. I drove to Ranch Cuckamonga, picked up my mother. It was pouring rain. That was a date with like poring.
Speaker 3: It was I almost died on the five that day.
Speaker 1: Oh my God picked her up and Rancha cucka manga and then we drove to Rancho Mirage where Anti Doodo her Judy Church, her best friend since they were fifteen years old old. Them both she lived in Rancho Mirage half the year, in this little condo complex that she's had for years. And when they get together, three things are of vital importance.
Speaker 3: Let me guess, cigarettes, smoking, and drinking. Dude, that's how I want to spend my last year's It sounds like so much fun.
Speaker 1: And so they're both eighty four and they don't look at like they're mobile. They've got their brain, they you know, and they're doing what they want. So I don't get down on her for smoking and stuff. I'm just like, you know what, you've earned the right to do whatever you.
Speaker 3: Want exactly your last ten years go if you are.
Speaker 1: Happy, and this is making your happy, that there's something to that. So anyway, I thought, you know, I'm going to spend this time with these women who have lived a lot of life and they have a lot of wisdom. So I asked them, I said, I was thinking, I want to know what their best piece of advice would be for somebody like a younger woman, a man, anybody, since they've lived so long. I asked Anti Doodoo. First, I go, Judy, I want to know what's the best piece of advice you could give somebody. And this is a direct quote, find a nice guy, don't marry a piece of shit. Okay, So there's that. I go, that is that the one you want? Because find a nice guy, don't marry a piece of shit? Yes, okay, okay, okay, Mom, what about you? She goes. You know, when I was a young girl, I lied about everything because I wanted to look cool. But then I realized people could check up on the lies and then I'd be known as a liar. So my piece of advice is, don't be a liar. She goes, I've never lied ever since I came to that realization and why she was young. I'm like, Okay, don't be a liar.
Speaker 3: That's something a liar would say so they could continue lying though.
Speaker 1: And then I asked Antonio, my roommate. His is simple, he just live and let live.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That checks out.
Speaker 1: That totally checks Uh huh, Evan, I go, Evan, what is my daughter? What is your best piece of advice?
Speaker 3: I think I could, I could guess this to be something along the lines of like chase your dreams or something.
Speaker 1: No, oh really, okay, always no matter what, be yourself.
Speaker 3: I was close.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I asked my friend Maggie, who we know. She goes. It was something to the effect of always look forward, never look back. The past is the past for a reason. And I like that now, Marie. Yes, what was Marie's My roommate Marie.
Speaker 2: Is be humble and not assume you know better than the person in front of you.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Mine is the only way out is through.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: You have to go through some crap to get to the good other side, which is usually really worth all the hell. You can't like go around it, you have to go through.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes you can circumvent crap.
Speaker 1: But the reward at the end is not going to be as grand as if you went through all the hard times.
Speaker 3: I disagree on that one. That's it sounds good on paper.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I want to know, if you were to give one piece of advice to somebody, what is the best piece of advice you could give?
Speaker 3: Eric?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Don't burn your bridges?
Speaker 3: That is so funny coming from Eric.
Speaker 2: I've never burned a bridge, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: Believe that boing you a liar, but I think you may have not forget may have forgotten a couple.
Speaker 2: Of things in in like business and.
Speaker 3: In businesses are the only bridges he's burned.
Speaker 2: No, no, because you never know. And my dad taught me this very young, because you know, like if you walked out of a out of a job like no notice, middle fingers in the air, like have you? You don't know if down the line you're going to be working at a company and the person that you pissed off at the last job is now going to be your boss.
Speaker 1: That's agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's just And I'm talking in terms of this, like you know, and providing for yourself and stuff like that. You just don't want to do that and you see it all the time.
Speaker 1: Just keep your cool, Keep your cool. Ran at the ripe age of twenty four, What is the best piece of advice you have?
Speaker 3: My piece of advice I actually think is the best you'll hear tonight. Mine is that your success in life will be determined by your willingness to have difficult conversations or uncomfortable conversations.
Speaker 2: That's good. This is why our son is twenty four going on sixty four.
Speaker 3: Laura, this isn't an issue for you because you there is not an uncomfortable conversation you won't.
Speaker 2: Initiate for sure.
Speaker 3: But there are a lot of people who their lives could have been radically different had they been willing to have an uncomfortable conversation or like a conversational conversation.
Speaker 1: A truth mom, like, yeah, to be honest, Yeah, always, because you're gonna get caught if you lie. It's eventually going to come out.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not lying. It's just like a lot of people aren't willing to fight for something because it may lead to like a weird confrontation. But yeah, those confrontations could very easily dramatically change the course of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All I see is it build your network and can make new friends. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: That's a LinkedIn advice.
Speaker 1: Say hello to at least five people you don't know every day? Now why not?
Speaker 3: No? I mean it's not bad advice, but that is totally something.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that you like all advice, Laura. I like all advice. Yes, And if you guys have any more advice. I would love to hear it big time. Okay, coming up next episode? Uh huh, because this is a little bit of a shorty unless we want to do Actually, we'll do one more story, okay, okay, and then I'll tell you what's coming up in Thursdays. I want to know which one of these old people habits you guys have.
Speaker 2: Bled on to all of them.
Speaker 1: Especially, I'm curious to know, will you and I probably do all of these? I want to know which ones do you do at twenty four years old?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Okay, so and some of these are really great, all right?
Speaker 2: Oh lord?
Speaker 1: So on social media people were talking about old people habits that they have like taken upon themselves and going, wait, this is a really great idea doing weekend errands before noon to beat the crowds.
Speaker 2: Yes, you do do that? Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm a late errand type of guyme.
Speaker 1: I'm a right before closing?
Speaker 2: What is wrong that you do?
Speaker 1: I just like shop. I just like being out at night.
Speaker 3: I'm a three four pm person.
Speaker 2: Oh no, worst time nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: Maybe the weekends of like eleven am. It's a nice time a day to be out.
Speaker 1: Eating dinner like warily like four or five.
Speaker 3: Now I'm still my eat dinner late, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Still at work.
Speaker 1: I'm in a weird place right now where I'm not hungry. But then come nine o'clock, I'm starving and I have a huge meal. That's got to be bad for.
Speaker 2: Me, that is bad for yours. I'm supposed to eat after set.
Speaker 3: Some days, I'm like, eat lunch at four pm, eat dinner at eight pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're awest.
Speaker 3: I like, actually, I think that's fun.
Speaker 1: If you go to bed, like if you have time to burn it off a little bit, right, ignoring the clock, meaning eat when you're hungry and sleep when you're tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, but I don't think we have that luxury. Yeah, we don't have that luxury yet. Using lap blankets or even electric blankets to stay warm.
Speaker 3: I've been using electric blankets for years.
Speaker 2: In one I don't have an electric I have a lot of throws.
Speaker 3: Here's the best thing is all. Like, if I want to watch TV, like laying on my bed or something, you're not really quite ready to commit to getting under the covers. What you do is you turn on the heat a blanket, you crank that sucker up makes the surface of your bed warm. Sometimes I sleep like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm getting on Amazon.
Speaker 3: T Yeah, worth it. I think it's what I say, it's a luxurious experience.
Speaker 1: That's missing in my life. I think that electric blanket.
Speaker 3: Yes, sometimes I will go to bed just on top of my bed with the heat of blanket on because it's it's nothing, because it's more comfortable. Woo.
Speaker 1: Okay, switching to comfortable clothes indoors, like slippers and sweatpants. When you come in and after a day's work.
Speaker 3: I just know, Okay, you just take all your clothes.
Speaker 1: I do you just you just rip your clothes off and keep them off. When you're alone in your home, you're naked.
Speaker 3: Well, not one hundred percent of the time, but yeah, you must have his here cranked.
Speaker 1: No, I really really wanted to install a little teeny camera that would be so now in his room to see how he sleeps.
Speaker 3: At nine there I want to see.
Speaker 1: Oh I want.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how I sleep. I sleep in a little ball and I never move.
Speaker 3: What So you sleep butt naked in the fetal position pretty much like like literally like a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet he has crazy dreams where you like yell stuff out you don't even know, and you snore like crazy and you probably don't even know.
Speaker 2: I don't snore.
Speaker 3: It waxed up with a kickstand.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure your house and all, oh you might get pregnant. God doubted that was good.
Speaker 1: Wanting to stay home instead of going out let for me. I don't want to go out. I'm over it. Ye takes too much energy.
Speaker 3: I've been like that since twenty one.
Speaker 2: I had some friends that were like, do you want to go to the movies? And I was like, when they're late tonight? And I'm like what time? It was like seven o'clock and they're all, there's a a ten pm show and I'm all pm. It was like, no, way, okay.
Speaker 3: Sometimes going out real late it's fun, not even you.
Speaker 2: Have don't work in the oh yeah, I didn't even have to work in the morning. I was off.
Speaker 1: If your mind is already like shutting down, going.
Speaker 3: To like a ten pm movie and like sweats and a hoodie though is.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'd be I'd just stay home. I'd be asleep now. I wouldn't be here for you.
Speaker 3: No, just do it spontaneously. It's fun.
Speaker 1: Now this I have adopted years ago, and it is the best. Using close captioning on absolutely everything you watch. You pick up on so many things you missed because the actors mumble.
Speaker 2: I only use the close captioning on porn.
Speaker 1: Kidding, you are ridiculous?
Speaker 3: What oh, thank you? I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: Do either of you even for vitamins? Have a pill organizer?
Speaker 2: And I have two?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I have? I think I have two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: I take so many supplements that I have two.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you do this if before you go on vacation you plan everything out on the computer, but you print it out so you have a print out of your itinerary you print?
Speaker 3: My dad does do that? Yeah, and a clear clear like paper protector.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How old is your dad?
Speaker 3: He's in his fifties.
Speaker 2: Am I older than your dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, only by a couple of years.
Speaker 2: I don't have a bitch. Yeah I do that.
Speaker 1: What about this having a plastic bag full of other plastic bags because you never know when you're gonna need a plastic bag in your car? No, I don't, oh in my car or anywhere.
Speaker 3: That's a that's like a mom thing. That's not even like a grandma thing.
Speaker 1: It is an older person thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of Like I noticed that with Judy and my mom over the weekend in Rench a mirage. They had a bag full of plastic bags.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, yeah, you might be right.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh this one. How about lowering the volume when you are trying to parallel park.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, that's everybody. That's not old people think that's everybody.
Speaker 1: Does everybody really do that?
Speaker 3: I thought I'm a psychology thing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Age having a box of tissue in every.
Speaker 3: Room, No, I own the single box of tissues.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: We're blessed because if we had to blow our nose that we had allergies all day long, that my fingers. Okay, And what do you think about those strap on? Those straps like strap on if you wear glasses, No, so you never us.
Speaker 3: That's like a nineties thing.
Speaker 2: That is you might as well just crawl into a grave.
Speaker 3: See old people use those anymore. I think that that's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was.
Speaker 3: A ninety thing because you thought it was sunglasses too.
Speaker 2: You know when my this is regarding like the Kleenex. Hopefully, well someday everybody will have to do this. But when my mom passed away, when I was going through like her clothes and donating them and everything, every single pocket headache next.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was recently going through the ceased family member's closet and every jacket.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought about this yesterday. I'm like, if I died today, Oh my god, the things they'd have to go through and find and go.
Speaker 3: W Now, all your team of stuff will fall apart when you die.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know what. Oh God, please please please do because you know you're in my will.
Speaker 1: What do you want? What do you want?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: No, I mean what do I have that you want?
Speaker 2: I want to be I want to be able to pick out your clothes for your burial, because I'm going to I'm going to bury you in the most outrageous I'm going to bury you in those chicken foot stockings with like clear looseight stripper heels. Can you I want to be comfortable, though, Oh yeah, you'll be comfortable.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to be buried. I want to be torched.
Speaker 2: I don't want to think, Okay, I can I do this? Can I do this?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 2: Will you allow the morgue to let me dress you? Up before we put.
Speaker 1: You in the oven, or just bury me in the backyard save all that money.
Speaker 3: Wish. Actually, that's how I want to go, Like really gothic medieval.
Speaker 1: Stuff like the ant, like the warm.
Speaker 3: Stay cross above a mounted dirt and I just want to be under there.
Speaker 2: Can we take you to a taxidermist and have you stuffed?
Speaker 1: It'd be funny, sure, but I think I would look like way weirder than a wax figurine.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're already a lot of wax.
Speaker 3: Anyways, will donate her the science or they do that those exhibits, they peel back your skin and stuff and then we'll steal it and so we can we'll put it in our living room and display and be like that's Laura. Those are all her veins.
Speaker 1: I just filled out my renewal for my license, and I'm like organ donation. Sure, but I'm thinking to myself, I don't want your liver. They don't want my liver? Do they want my kidneys?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Eyes aren't that great? Like they can have my implants?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are really.
Speaker 1: Good eyes, nose, ears, I don't know whatever. All right? Now coming up on Thursday's episode, Now this could either go really really well and be super funny, or it's going to be a complete dud, which will also be funny. It's a it's a new game kind of like we have to act out things. If we make one of each other laugh, you get a special coin. Whoever has the most coins at the end of this game wins. But it could be really really awful too. I mean, it could be a dud, but we'll see. So this would be.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I have the whole thing planned out. It's a game, and then we can either do I have a new bunch of questions for the question game, and I also have some good random news and just a lot of good stuff. So you're gonna want.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you read this story. It's been all over the the internet right now about that gynecologist that was deaf and how successful he is.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, oh, he's about to tell a joke.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, he's one of the most successful gynecologists in the world and he's deaf.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the punchline.
Speaker 2: He's a really good lip reader.
Speaker 1: I told you you know how I feel about you. Everybody love your podcast.
Speaker 3: Sorry, actually sound you be like wa. They all go all.
Speaker 1: Because you know. I believe everything you start and I'm pissed.
Speaker 3: I told you it was a joke.
Speaker 1: I know, and they went back into it like he was ring real. I can't. I hate it. Log out. Sorry we had to end on this note. His fault. He knows better.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, look out. Love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I love you, my sweet babies so much. Bye guys, Bye family by podcast Fabily fans.
Speaker 2: Laura, you're so beautiful. Eric, You're so strange.