Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody to the Cult of Cryptids, the Strange Group podcasting Cult of Conspiracy collaboration. We're throwing it back to a series we used to do called Strange Ones. Similar to the main show, we talked about bizarre encounters and strange happenings, and this one we're gonna throw it back to the Monster of Minerva, a thick bigfoot creature that roam through the woods and attacked dogs and maybe even people. It's a very strange story to say the least, So make sure to give the show five star rate and reviews. Support both shows would be greatly appreciated. Go subscribe to Strange podcast on all podcasts platforms and make sure to support the Cult of Conspiracy Patreon and also the Strange Group podcast Patreon would be greatly appreciated.
Speaker 2: Now, without further ado, let's get to the show Strange Strange Strange sat.
Speaker 1: Quick and it's time for Strange Wands with host Tomcat for Strange Brew Podcasts.
Speaker 3: And this is one from the one on one.
Speaker 4: Podcast Let's get Strange.
Speaker 1: All right, Welcome to the Strange Wands podcast, a branch of Strange Brew.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome all.
Speaker 1: I'm one of the host, Tom Kat aka Tom Thompson aka the Raptilian a k A. Anti Vaxer. Oh man, that's what they called me. That's my new nickname.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna my My new rap name is gonna be anti vax.
Speaker 5: Follow me at the One on one podcast on all social media platforms.
Speaker 3: TikTok, Twitter, Instagram?
Speaker 1: Who has fucking Twitter? I have Twitter? I've never touched that shir yep. All right, Yeah, this is gonna be Facebook anymore. It's meta now, Bro, I'm I got a little brandy and I got a bone shaker beer bro, good old bone shaker.
Speaker 3: Got some water.
Speaker 5: Quack that up because I'm a productive member of society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm an alcoholic. So and this is my AA meeting. All right, Yeah, welcome back. We're gonna get into some cryptids. We're gonna get it back into some cryptis this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: A crazy, crazy case that I've The Minerva monster.
Speaker 2: Is how you say it right?
Speaker 3: Minerva?
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know how you were saying it before, but it was fucking dumb.
Speaker 2: The Minerva. All right.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot sightings in northeast Ohio are nothing new. Inexplicable bipedal cryptids have been cited around the area for at least seventy five years, but the Minerva Monster incident, which triggered a massive, coordinated search for this elusive, huge, hairy creature that stalked the woods and terrified local family near the town. No, and do not shout her out again. She's I can't wait to go on Wan's podcast. And I'm like, you're not going on the podcast, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Your mom is so down show that. She was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Bro, was like, no, you're not coming out fucking Wan's podcast. First, We'll have to do a Patreon episode and I'll get her on.
Speaker 2: And then she's like, I'm don't worry. We're not gonna talk about you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna talk about I want to go about politics and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, fucking do not do that.
Speaker 5: She she's got some stories, though, Bro, she was going in on the chat.
Speaker 2: I know you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You gotta have her.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you haven't had her on already.
Speaker 3: Bros.
Speaker 1: Too busy, man, I gotta fucking I gotta get you on fucking the day before we release an episode.
Speaker 5: So that's fine.
Speaker 1: So this crazy monster that stalk the woods and terrified local family near the town of Minerva has long been regarded as one of the most convincing bigfoot incidents is in history.
Speaker 3: Old Yellow Eyes is what they called him. They called the yellow Yeah, I think so something that the wrong one run. Which one is.
Speaker 2: It hits that? God damn yet you're not allowed.
Speaker 1: I had to do that way to my neighbors were home, so I could scream at the top of my fucking lungs. I had to do it like three times to make sure it's boy fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got that enough throat in there.
Speaker 1: You don't. Honestly, with all the big foot bossers out there, will probably be doing this for a while because we always liked to meet and once started by getting into cryptids. So we'll always probably travel back that road eventually. But there is a lot of bigfoot in yetty creatures that have like intense stories and ship.
Speaker 5: Yes, and that's why I feel that it was or is some sort bro. Did I tell you the other night I went I went riding my motorcycle and and I saw a dead monkey on the on the road. Yeah, dude, there was a dead monkey on the side of the road, take it home.
Speaker 2: And eats brains like you're in Indiangelica.
Speaker 3: I was. I thought about it, but no I didn't.
Speaker 5: But those a monkey, bro, that fucking wild. That's crazy, right, Like it was, We're next to some trees, We're riding through the coast, and my buddy's on the head saying he said, hey, look a dead monkey. And then I looked at it was a dead monkey.
Speaker 3: Bro. I'm not even lying it was.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy, man. That would be red Florida.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: Imagine that in Canada. That'd be all difference.
Speaker 5: And then I had a story one of my wife's cousins. He was talking to me about how the day that he ran into monkeys in the woods in Florida. Yeah, in Florida and Miami. And I was like wait, I was like, can you take me there. I want to see the works. I want to see the monkeys too, bro, because that's that's crazy, right.
Speaker 2: That is fucking nuts.
Speaker 1: So in nineteen forty two, Ohio Wins I guess they call themselves, shook with excitement when Ohio History Historical Historical Historical Society listed Cedar Bob as a natural preserve, the first of its in Ohio, located in Champagne Country. That sounds fun. Everyone's just drunk taking fucking pills like housewives. And the bog was carved by a glacier, leaving behind the these trees and this river and a rich fertile area.
Speaker 2: Teeming with natural wildlife.
Speaker 1: The new official destination protected nearly five hundred acres of the epic seven thousand acre fin a wetland fed by natural minerals.
Speaker 2: And ground and river water essentially is what a fen is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which would make sense because if you look at places like Skinwalker Ranch, right, Yeah, there are certain things in the soil there, you know.
Speaker 1: Yah, the Bridgewater Triangle, there's all these it's and natives always talk about Indigenous people always talk about how there's like that spirits exist near waterways and shit.
Speaker 3: Did you did you ever hear about the Dragons Triangle?
Speaker 5: Had somebody on the podcast point out the Dragon's Triangle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, put that on the docket.
Speaker 2: We'll put that on the docket.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Shortly after Cedar Bog was opened, locals began whispering, but a large ape like creature cited frequently around the bog in particular near Woodburn Road, a country road that ran parallel to the bog. Sometime after the area near where the creature was spotted was enclosed with a large metal fence topped.
Speaker 2: With ominous barbed wire.
Speaker 1: Some thought it was a new offense installed to protect the bog to keep people out. Others, however, feel that it was installed for a more sanster purpose to keep something in.
Speaker 2: Like a cricket.
Speaker 5: That goddamn cat again, boys inside, goddamn ape creature. We should make one for every single get that goddamn cryptid again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crypto would be going over like goddamn alien, like we do that one.
Speaker 2: And it's those goddamn saucer.
Speaker 5: Man, Mothman, mothball Man or some ship.
Speaker 1: I mean you started watching what's that show on Netflix? The cartoon show.
Speaker 5: It's fucking funny and like, uh, conspiracy one whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't think of the name. And there's like moth Man's like teaching him.
Speaker 1: A class how to inside job or some inside job, and the Mothman's teaching them a class of how to treat reptilians better.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm missed a Mothman. I am I'm off man. It's fucking good.
Speaker 5: Imagine cryptids have like a critical race theory made the scene.
Speaker 2: That's why they're talking about.
Speaker 1: They're talk about like reptilians and how like you gotta treat them nicely and then you know, don't don't say certain things. I know, literally, So local fears grew a few years later when a group of teenage mysteriously disappeared while on a camping trip near the bog These kids just went up and fucking they're gone, damn son, Well well.
Speaker 5: Just continue, bro, because it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Legend grew around the incident, and locals attribute it to the unfortunate youth's disappearance. The Boggy Creek Monster, nickname credited to creature shortly after the sighting near Woodburn Road, not to be confused with the Folk Monster.
Speaker 2: I was called it the fuck monster.
Speaker 1: The monster of Folk Arkansas would spawn the legend of the Boggy Creek Movie, which if you go back, listen to me and Billy's episode on the Boggy Creek Monster. Because a lot of people in Arkansas did not like the way we spoke about those Arkansinians or however you fucking pronounce your stupid name and your stupid, inbred fucking town where you eat babies and you fuck kids.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry going off, but now Billy gotten shit.
Speaker 1: You said, just take it's one take, So no editing, man, no editing, nothing.
Speaker 2: One take one.
Speaker 1: Take, Jake, Because yeah, if you go back and listen to that one, it has the most views that we have on YouTube, and it has I think like ten thumbs up and like twelve thumbs down because people obviously do not like us making flight of Arkansas decades later, about three hours east of the bog, a documented sighting of the creature would earn high ranking position in the Bigfoot lore as one of the most interesting and thoroughly investigated Bigfoot sightings in history. Minerva is a small town popular just under four thousand people in the Paris township Stark Country, Ohio. It was here, actually, two miles west of Minerva, on Lincoln Street, just off the US Route thirty, where Herbert Canton cleared an area near a deep pit by his home. His work was done, he disposed of some garbage in the pit and settled in for a few days rests.
Speaker 2: After the job.
Speaker 1: This guy's like dug up a bunch of garbage or whatever the fuck he did. He cleared an area and made this deep pit in his home, and he rested for a few days. He was like, all right, four hours of work three days and he's like, I need to rest for seven days. On the seventh day, I know, I was like, he rested for a few days. A few nights later, Canton's children, grandchildren, and their friends came running into the house claiming they have seen a large harry monster rummaging around the pit. You no, it was not Anton looking for his extra butt plug. He might be watching this live. Who fucking knows? The children there's there's two people.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Because we had to do this live because we were going late the little late. The children were obviously terrified, believing a threatening mountain man or crazed hermit was just outside their home. There's some homeless guys rumming through their trash.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just trying to find stop them to eat. I wondered if you.
Speaker 1: Guys had an extra plate of that lovely restaurant named McDonald's.
Speaker 5: I didn't look up, but is is there bears in that area?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure there is.
Speaker 2: It's Ohio, It's gotta be man.
Speaker 3: Fucking Ohio.
Speaker 5: Yet I tell you about the bear that stole our milk in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Was he was he a whole.
Speaker 3: Gallon of milk?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, a whole gallon?
Speaker 1: Was he a big stocky fella that we're overalls?
Speaker 3: No, you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Those those bears the most dangerous of all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, not not like that. But yeah, he stole our fucking milk bro and he took it and.
Speaker 3: He just crushed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's we got some scary bears up in up in Canada, Canada. So how Howie it's it's how h O with W. E. Canton and his mother, Evelyn Canton or Katon and her daughter Vicky Keek Keck it's k E c k Vicky Kak went outside to investigate. They know that the dogs were going berserved as they walked up the small hill leading to the pit. As they approached the pit, they saw a large, thickly haired monster about seven feet tall, thick, seven feet tall, and weighing estimately they estimated around three hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Evelyn later commented, it just stood there. It didn't move, but it almost broke my neck running.
Speaker 4: It almost broke my neck running down the hill, back down the hill.
Speaker 1: So she's like getting the fuck out of there and fucking her head's just bobbing around.
Speaker 2: She's running so goddamn fast.
Speaker 1: A few days later, Evelyn Canton saw the creature again, picking through the garbage and the pit. Bro.
Speaker 2: He's just fucking hung.
Speaker 3: Out, comfortable, bro. So I started coming back around.
Speaker 5: That's what That's the whole thing in this town that it started coming around, and it was like just comfortable as fuck. Knew that people weren't going to do anything to it, so but it just from me. Yeah, it depends on how much you want to believe it. And you know what I mean, Like, yeah, if you watch the documentary or know I.
Speaker 1: Watched parts of it. There is that movie. I watched a couple of snippets of shit, but it's it's weird. I actually wanted to watch a Legend of Body Creek the movie. It's low budget, but it has some a good reputation and I should after we did that that episode. I think that episode was literally gold fucking one of the like hilarious and but it's just some people do not like when you make fun of fucking country Southern bumpkins like, they just don't like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, bro, you can't.
Speaker 1: Billy made far of the Confederate flag and compared it to wearing a swastika around your armband and saying that German is your heritage.
Speaker 2: And but he did not like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he can't say that, bro.
Speaker 1: She noted that the creature was bipedal, not like the bisexual movement that is going on right now in the world.
Speaker 2: It walked on two legs.
Speaker 3: That was a bad joke, Tom, I know.
Speaker 1: It was had long hair covering its face, and the creature was thick, and although she could not make out any of its facial features, she recalled it had no visible neck.
Speaker 2: It's just like this.
Speaker 3: Thick, thicker than a bubble.
Speaker 5: Oh me, do you imagine like Bigfoot actually has a really nice ass, But nobody really noticed because it's just they're just focused on the fact that it's fucking Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Wait, can you see dick's isn't he He's uh, technically he's like a mammal, right, So where's his dick?
Speaker 2: Is tucked inside like a dog. And then it fucking comes like.
Speaker 3: A little choed like a little chold.
Speaker 5: You just can't see it because it's covered by he's a.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot that had a shower, and then he's like chasing through the woods and all you see is this hairy thing flapping against its like.
Speaker 3: We should do like that one meme, why are you running? Why are you running?
Speaker 5: And it's bigfoot with his fucking just slanging dick bro.
Speaker 1: So again, her dogs went wild, tugging to get free from the change that they kept bound to a tree nearby. Days after the second sighting, the family found of their German shepherd's dog.
Speaker 2: They found one of the German shepherd dogs dead.
Speaker 3: Bro yep, strangled brow. Get fucked.
Speaker 1: That's fucked man, sounds like a bigfoot Anthony Fauci.
Speaker 5: Supposedly the dog was like super super.
Speaker 3: Calm or whatever and out of nowhere. Yep.
Speaker 5: It had enough slack to where it could not choke on itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it had a fucking broken neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, bigfoot. Don't give a fuck.
Speaker 5: Bigfoot, don't play bro, he's uh the motherfucker, so.
Speaker 2: You don't give no shits.
Speaker 1: The dog collar was found next to the dead dog, still attached to the chain, so his collar was still attached to the chain, but the dog was not, so that makes it even more suspicious. Yep, the other German shepherd, Missy, appeared in an adult state. The dog was just obviously freaking out or sad or adult means.
Speaker 5: Witness the death of its fucking friend bro or whatever.
Speaker 1: The Bigfoot just like, oh, cute little dog, and it goes and hugs it and kills it by accident like that.
Speaker 2: Retard from that movie. Shouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: The Catons observed that Missy continued acting strangely for a few weeks after the incident, and out of character, dug a huge eight foot hole in the ground that is deeper than how they how deep they bury human beings.
Speaker 2: Eight foot deep hole in the ground.
Speaker 1: Investigators l confirmed the existence of the hole and actually took photographs of the hole.
Speaker 2: So dogs like pictures, Yeah, I guess they do.
Speaker 1: And then so they say that evid that they took the photos of evidence, and this thing just made a huge hole just to escape from the big Foot monster because he's like, I don't want that type of hud.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't hear that part unless I wasn't listening, But I didn't hear that part. They dug a fucking eight foot hole to escape from it.
Speaker 1: The family told little about the sightings to friends, but their their the problem that the publicity. The publicity came to light on August twenty first, nineteen seventy eight, around ten thirty, the Clayton's and a few of their friends were relaxing on the back porch of their homes. Yeah it was, holding the shotgun, drinking a beer. Behind the home was an old, abandoned strip mine that had been out of use for many years. Beyond the mine were dense on populated hilly woods that the family rarely ventured into. Near the mind was an old chicken coop. Among the chatter of the conversations, someone heard an unusual.
Speaker 2: Noise near the chicken coop. I don't know what the noise was. The Clayton's and their friends turned to.
Speaker 4: See, God, damn Cad, is that goddamn bigfoot again?
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, they they turned to see what the commotion was and noticed two pair of yellow, peering eyes. I told you, bro looking at them back through the yellow yellow eyes.
Speaker 2: Do you know there's.
Speaker 1: A it's a it's an episode that was deleted because I got rid of a lot of the episodes that Justin was on at the very beginning of this podcast, and because we could do it again later on, because we were just drinking, twenty six ers fucking sitting.
Speaker 2: There, just drinking, talking about anything fucked up.
Speaker 1: And somebody even said, don't mess with the the Ogs and you know the original, but no.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's fucking retarded drunk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I've I've had people on the podcast that I don't talk to anymore that are fucking dickheads, but I don't delete the episode now.
Speaker 1: Some of them are just either too we're too drunk, or there it's too inappropriate.
Speaker 3: To inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Oh yes for for us, yes, like like uncoherent, like we're just going off like it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: And one of them a Dutch rudder too. Bro is in the chat for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not This is live so it can be on YouTube. That's why it's live.
Speaker 1: But yeah, because we're recording a day before it's getting released, which we ship.
Speaker 2: Actually you were the one that we're late.
Speaker 1: I kept asking you go go to record, Bro, alright, so fucking yeah, there was one. There's one big foot creature called Old Yellow Top. It's like Bigfoot, but he's blonde and he's from Canada.
Speaker 5: I wonder there's an albino Bigfoot, maybe the Yetti.
Speaker 2: That's the YETI, Bro, you don't fucking call him that. That's mean.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Bro, I don't know, dude.
Speaker 5: Like I said, when it comes to a lot of these sightings, a lot of these different things, it's always around, right, the missing four al one Right now you're getting into the it's next to an a mine shaft, an old mind entrance. Continue with the story, brocaus I do't know how and it's fucking world.
Speaker 2: A close friend of the family, Scott Patterson.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, the Patterson footage, Patterson footage of Bigfoot. It's fucking strange, bro synchronicity. Scott Patterson shopped his car to turn the vehicle headlights on towards.
Speaker 2: The glowing eyes. This guy has got balls on him.
Speaker 1: As he inched the car forward to better illuminate the pair of animals, what you would think it would be, The lights revealed a huge hairy creature. What stepped in front of the two feeline creatures as to protect them, So they obviously saw like.
Speaker 2: Cats, which is strange. And this thing was like these are my kiddies. I hugged your dog a little too tight and killed it.
Speaker 1: But the witnesses would later describe the creature as over seven foot tall, with black and brown matted hair that covered his hair, his head, in his face. The creature turned its attention to the idling automobile and began to fucking run towards it, which I honestly I would ship.
Speaker 3: My fucking straight just going at it.
Speaker 1: And the thing is like if you you trail your lights, you sit there, chill it, and you see that and it's shining on this these creatures, and you think, all right, maybe we'll scare their way, and this thing starts booking it at the car.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I drive towards it and try to hit.
Speaker 3: Back when people hit moose, yeah I don't. Yeah, I've seen people.
Speaker 2: Hit come to Canada.
Speaker 1: There's so many fucking big there's videos of these fucking moose. So I think it's like the plural is the same ship as that. And they're like fucking literally like huge, taller than fucking yoo ming.
Speaker 3: Bro el Elk are huge.
Speaker 5: Bro Elk are ginormous, and they kill a bunch of people every year, So.
Speaker 1: They don't even really mean to There's dumb big creatures that don't really mean to do anything.
Speaker 2: They're doing well.
Speaker 3: People are out to kill them.
Speaker 5: But the Soma territorial, Bro, especially when they're mating, they'll fuck you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they got a fuck. Man, how do you expect the population to goo?
Speaker 3: They got a fuck, bro, That's right.
Speaker 5: So I wonder how how Bigfoot reproduces they he's done a fuck.
Speaker 1: I would love to walk in the woods and see two bigfoots. Fucking man, that would be on my bucket list. Bro. Seeing the creature quickly closing in on them, the witnesses ran into their home, while Patterson trembled from the car to join the fleeting party.
Speaker 2: He's like, fuck man, fucking Scoary.
Speaker 1: Inside the home, the frightening witnesses, some of the women burst into tears.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It was called the Start County County Sheriff's Department, Like, Bro, I don't know what the fuck I just saw.
Speaker 5: Well they I mean, but that's the thing in that especially in that town, A lot of people didn't call the incidents in because they thought a lot of people aren't gonna believe them.
Speaker 1: No, and that happens in every fucking case, man, Every goddamn case is fucking crazy, man, because like there's so many.
Speaker 2: That's why, man, I'm I'm the one. I'm a believer. Bro.
Speaker 1: I've I've seen shadow people. As we discussed, go to go check out the live Spooctacular Halloween special. Even it's not Halloween, every day a strange brus Halloween. Make sure you watch the Spooktacular live. It was a lot of fun and I talked about my shadow People's story and uh as quick as quickly as I could. But I've seen ship and like people like this, if they see this, I probably believe you, bro. Like I've seen some crazy ship. They probably see some crazy shit. And a lot of these people are just like everyday normal people and they start seeing and some strange things happening. So they were huddled inside waiting for the authorities to arrive. The creature peered through the kitchen window. Holy fuck man, Like I wouldn't know. Like part of me is like like like I kind of want to give him a hug, and then part of me is like I gotta get the fuck.
Speaker 2: Out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, homeboy points a gun at Hambro when he doesn't do ship.
Speaker 2: He's just like illuminated by the back porch light.
Speaker 1: Patterson grabbed his twenty two caliber pistol, which I twenty two when they that's a ship Richard Ramirez used and he shot people in the face and they survived.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so can you imagine, like, oh yeah, just like I'm just trying to reach you extended warranty? Man, can you imagine that's what they make Bigfoot for?
Speaker 3: Just like I'm just trying to reach you by her extended.
Speaker 1: War big well, Evely and Caton snatched a twenty two caliber rifle and began to load it rifle, maybe a little doing a little more damage, they know. Despite haiming their weapons at the creature, he stood by the window for ten minutes, showing no fear of the guns.
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't even really know what you're pointing at me right now? Yeah, what is that? Man?
Speaker 5: I'm interdimensional. Bro, that's just not going to fucking harm me right there.
Speaker 1: Nobody shot at the future though, got the good he did it. I wouldn't have done. I wouldn't have shot him either.
Speaker 5: No, so the guy said that when he pointed the gun at himy, he pretty much walked away like he knew, like, hey, you're not gonna shoot me. And then it came back a few days later.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because he's like, you're not gonna shoot me, you'res like and I just can't imagine, because who's that alien case? We did and me and Billy talked about and these creatures like looked in the window and they're aliens, and it's just like it seemed like they have no fear, like they don't give two shits. They don't like, they don't nothing phases them. Actually, certain big foot creatures, but they carefully kept it within their sights, the gun sights. But it's fucking weird.
Speaker 5: He just so, here's the thing, bro, It was there for ten minutes, but yet, well, what year was this again?
Speaker 1: Nineteen forty one? I think when this incident's happened.
Speaker 3: Are that's the forty one one?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I think it happened later, but later it might happen. We had a fucking camera, Come on, man, I.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, they're cameras back there.
Speaker 1: Don't don't be like Billy Billy I was talking about when we talk about the Benny and Barti Hill story Billy was like, yeah, they have color photos in the nineteen sixties, and I was like, yeah, are you fucking stupid?
Speaker 2: It didn't seem to watch it bother what.
Speaker 5: Ye, he lives it. He lives in Canada, but he's never seen a moose. But he's never left Ontario, so that's partly wise.
Speaker 2: I've also never seen a moose, so it's fine with me.
Speaker 3: Mooses.
Speaker 2: It didn't want to bother anyone. It was just curious. We all felt like it wanted to be friends.
Speaker 1: It's like after it killed your dog. After several minutes, the creature turned and moves out, only away from the window.
Speaker 2: Maybe he just wants to be friends.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's like that movie The Henderson's, where like they think it's some scary creature.
Speaker 2: I ever seen that.
Speaker 3: Movie The henders sounds fun?
Speaker 1: Oh man, if you en't seen that, it's like the perfect movie for you to watch with their kid. Literally, it's a fucking family movie about bigfoot and news from late.
Speaker 2: Eighties early nineties.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, watch that with your son sometimespecially when he gets older.
Speaker 5: I think he had like the little toys or whatever.
Speaker 2: The Hendersons were fucking dope.
Speaker 1: That was like a late eighties early nineties movie and there's a bigfoot creature.
Speaker 3: That's that's not the one I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh, not the Netflix one or whatever that one. No, not that animated one. It's like real life. It's like real life.
Speaker 2: That was not too bad.
Speaker 1: Like we watched that ship stone so but watch a watch for the Hendersons. Man watch that ship and uh, he just wanted his back scratched. Deputy Sheriff James, I can't reach him. Deputy Sheriff James Shannon arrived about fifteen minutes later after the call from the Cantons. About five minutes later, after the creature moved away from the kitchen window. He's like, you guys are boring. Man, fuck this fuck skunk. Deputy Shannon, he later retired as a captain of the force, interviewed the witnesses, who described to him two cats and a monstrous creature. So there was cats, and he's like hanging out. See, he's the protector of the woods. He's the protector.
Speaker 3: He's protecting so he can so he kills dogs.
Speaker 1: But protecting Yeah, exactly, that goddamn.
Speaker 3: Goddamn bigfoot again.
Speaker 2: So he recalled the incident. They heard something out the window, kind of clawing and pawing.
Speaker 1: Well, from what I remember, I don't think this creature, whatever the hell it was, was trying to get in as much as they were saying.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey, look at me. I'm all I'm a big foot bro, stupid.
Speaker 5: I just want to say, I fucking hate all your impersonation. I just want to I just want to say that on a record. Though it's horrible, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna keep doing it so it's never gonna stuff.
Speaker 1: Sheriff Shannon noted that the family's terror seemed genuine, and everyone description of the incident matched perfectly. So it's like these people that have never experienced like this before, they're not crazy, and then they see this thing and it's just like, that's why I'm a believer, Like why why would people.
Speaker 2: Make this shit up?
Speaker 1: You want to be famous for seeing some creature and then everyone laughs at you.
Speaker 2: I got one for you.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, bro, that especially.
Speaker 2: Care. It's from Carrie.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez. Anyways, they're all gonna laugh at you the publicity bro. You know that's how you.
Speaker 5: Said if still you know, I don't know, I've never seen anything like this. Maybe one day I will, but I'll come on. I mean, I probably won't come on the podcast to say it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Shannon did not suspect a hoax, not even a hint of it. The family and the friends had definitely seen something, but he could not rationally have an explanation for what they had seen. Shan searched around the home and noted an alarming strong stench near the kitchen window, described as almost like ammonia.
Speaker 2: And so smells like rotten eggs.
Speaker 3: Man, God damn it, Betty, did you fart.
Speaker 5: Scene and click where he pauses the boss.
Speaker 3: And he farts in his face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put in this fucking coffee ship or like, uh, you've seen step brothers right, Yeah, they are opening like fart in the interviews.
Speaker 2: Is that ketchup? Yeah, it's ketchup. So fuck.
Speaker 1: Additionally, deputies were called in and searched the area on horseback and in a four wheel drive Army surplus jeeps. So some of them came on horses and then some of them came in jeeps.
Speaker 2: Ohio, bro, I thought you guys were more advanced math.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I offer a big foot. Bro.
Speaker 5: I thought it was one of the largest searches that they had ever done for a bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Measuring fourteen to sixteen long. Law enforcement wrote them off as bear footprints that they found. When missus Cannon was asked if she thought the creature could have been a bear, she responded.
Speaker 7: No, not unless they were mutated.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: Regardless of the official conclusion. Years later, Shannon would call the investigation the most bizarre investigation of his thirty year law enforcement career and friend family friend of Scott Peterson who was skeptical of past settings, and then to reporters he is now a believer.
Speaker 3: A believer. He's a believer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he loves Justin Bieber's.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Second Minerva monster sighting August twenty second, nineteen seventy eight. On August twenty second, ninety seventy eight, round nine pm, missus Mary Uckerman daughter.
Speaker 2: Which is just seems weird out.
Speaker 1: They're connected of Evelyn Caden drug to the Caton home to pick up her daughter and her friend. Mary turned to Caton's driveway and to her surprise, she saw a creature staying on top of the hill next to the old abandshed trip mine, just staying there behind the home. She described the creature as more than six feet tall, with stubby legs and harry indistinctive features. It's not me, all right, I wasn't standing. I've never been to Ohio. I do have stubby, thick legs, but that's because I played football for like a year or two. I am five foot fucking six, maybe seven, all right, I am average height. Yeah, I seem short standing next to Billie's lanky, scrawny fucking marrow names.
Speaker 2: Some milk he does he needs to eat more.
Speaker 1: Mary sat in the car and watched the creature until it finally turned and walked away towards the woods behind the mine.
Speaker 2: According to Mary.
Speaker 4: It was shaped like a man, and it walked like a man. When a bear moves away, it does away along four feet and walks away on four feet. This swung over the edge of the strip mine on two legs.
Speaker 2: That's not a bear.
Speaker 5: And four foot seven with a good pair of shoes.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys in the chat, even though this is not supposed to be live, but for you guys, why.
Speaker 3: Not, fuck you guys being live.
Speaker 1: The third Minerva Monster sighting August twenty third, nineteen seventy eight. I witnessed his sketch of the Minerva Monster Bigfoot creature. Like how Cannon had his second experience with the Minerva Monster, this guy had a second experience.
Speaker 2: It's bro four foot seven.
Speaker 1: Oh, fucking stand up in front of a fucking.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 5: Yo, listen, So did I did I tell you about the the fishing guy that I had in Tennessee right that he saw big Foot five times? Yeah, to come on my podcast?
Speaker 3: And he fucking didn't. He didn't reply.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he reply five?
Speaker 3: No? He hasn't. Bro, it's been like forever and he has a role back.
Speaker 1: But whatever he saw Bigfoot five times, I will fucking stand in front of a police line. You want me to get my my police records where I'm staying in front of the fucking.
Speaker 5: When you meet a guy who's clearly six foot tall, always as give he's five eleven. First, it's a good way tell him if they ain't ship. I mean I'm five eleven. Yeah, so I ain't ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, broh yeah, make sure to tune into a lot.
Speaker 5: You could be my girlfriend, Bro, that'd be we'd be a cute couple.
Speaker 1: Chelsea's five ft telling you chelseas five foot four, I'm five foot six.
Speaker 2: Probably it's im probably almost five and seven.
Speaker 1: If I was really lying, I'd be like, I'm five foot nine and my buddy used to.
Speaker 2: Do the whole time, and I'm like, you were as tall as me. Bro, I ain't lying about this shit.
Speaker 5: Fucking wearing platform shoes at work, like, bro, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Clack like what like my shoes?
Speaker 1: Bro? So the third Maneruva monster siding and this is the second time. I guess this guy Howe had seen the Minerva Monster on August twenty third, nineteen seventy eight, around eleven PM.
Speaker 2: Can'ton saw the creature appear outside of his home because the thing is comfortable with them.
Speaker 3: It no, how is full of shit, is what he is? Bro? Okay, I haven't seen Bigfoot now one time, and.
Speaker 5: This motherfucker's gonna see it two times.
Speaker 2: He likes his garbage pit.
Speaker 1: Man, you find him out thirty's like rolling around it and shit, Okay, you've seen goof troop right, yes, okay in the Bigfoot creature.
Speaker 2: That's all right. It reminds me of it just wants fucking something to eat. It's like rocking the car and shit, everyone's going I was a kid.
Speaker 1: I'd ever he was some monster, but I realize it's fucking weird house Bigfoot listening to the headphones and ship good good good Disney movie.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: But so he saw the creature and he grabbed his gun and fired into the air.
Speaker 2: Who the creature fled at, turned and fled.
Speaker 1: Howe noted that the same night as the family lay in bed, their home was it was pedaled with rocks, uh, and they had the metal roof was like kind of cranked up and they could hear ship and clanking on the roof throughout the night.
Speaker 2: This thing is like, you don't wanna you want to meet me? Like, man, I'm like one.
Speaker 1: Of a kind, and it's like throwing rocks at the fucking house like it's some fucking kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what would you do in this situation? Bro? If if you were in that family shoes.
Speaker 1: I would, you know, like one of those old school like megaphone things, not like the old the you know, the old school ones and people like listening with their ear, the ear fucking I would put it out the window and then I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Are you are you good? Bro? Like how are you? Can you speak English?
Speaker 1: Or can you.
Speaker 2: God damn big fucking I would I just want to know. I'd be like, bro, could you understand me?
Speaker 1: Or like put your hand put your hand up because you understand what the fuck I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If it's like this, I'm like, are you nice? Thumbs up and thumbs down, Like I just want to ask you questions, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I just want to know, because like if it's pelting rocks, it obviously is like give me attention.
Speaker 2: I'm here because I think you guys are nice.
Speaker 1: She didn't shoot me like the fat five, the five other fucking family homes.
Speaker 5: I went to sorry for snapping your dog's fucking neck.
Speaker 3: He broke and he tried to put it back. He's just like, oh shit.
Speaker 2: Either it'd be funnier, like they don't hide in the house.
Speaker 1: And then this like card goes underneath the door and it says, I'm so we.
Speaker 2: It's like all written, all fucked.
Speaker 5: Up, trying to reach you by your cars extended to warrants. He said, it's a fuck.
Speaker 1: It's like berries and it's like fucking says I'm so we spelled like like a five year old.
Speaker 2: And he's drying the picture of the dog with his neck broking.
Speaker 1: The last caten sighting of the minerve and monster occurred two weeks after they got relentlessly pelted with rocks. On September eighth, nineteen seventy eight, around six pm, missus Uckerman saw.
Speaker 2: Two counting two ape like creatures.
Speaker 1: Or animals moving about the near the strip mine. They probably lived down there, bro, if it's not falling apart, they're probably good.
Speaker 5: Well, isn't the Mothman from from a mind too right? Or from like an old power plant or some shit?
Speaker 3: What was it? I forgot what we.
Speaker 2: Want to give him? A Yeah, we covered the Mothman.
Speaker 5: A fucking hugs. The Hills have Eyes, County, Have you seen the Hills have Eyes?
Speaker 2: Have you seen the original?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the original from Wes Craven is really good and it's very The remake is very close to a t.
Speaker 2: But I love the the remake of it. I thought it was.
Speaker 1: It's longer, it's more impressive because the fucking dad's sick of the shit and goes around with the gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The great, great fucking movie. But check out the original eventually where this all spawned from. It's literally the exact same as the remake that nineteen seventy nine, seventy eight, because that was like Wes Craven's like second movie, second or third movie, because yeah, Wes Craven's my favorite director.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're both wild and so she thought at first they might have been a tree. I don't know why you think it's a tree, but she could not tell because of the hillside angle in the distance. She watched the creatures for a while till they disappeared in the woods. Bitch, unless this is Lord of the Rings, trees do not fucking walk.
Speaker 3: Such an awesome movie franchise, Lord.
Speaker 2: Of the Rings.
Speaker 3: I think it's way way better.
Speaker 2: Than The Hobbit.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: I fucking read parts of the way better than Halloween.
Speaker 3: That's what Halloween.
Speaker 1: Don't fucking diss that ship. I got watched through a second time and then I'll make a true Okay, So the Minerva Monster had a media circus. Virtually overnight, the Caden Homestead turn into essentially a media circus all these like everyone's out there, everyone's fucking.
Speaker 2: Filming, Like what's happening in this town?
Speaker 3: Like a he was a rock star back then, but he was the.
Speaker 1: Catens, say the crowds outside their home grew so large they had to post no trespassing signs on fences and keep out bigfoot hunters.
Speaker 2: Off their property.
Speaker 1: Because if you know anything about bigfoot, bigfoot hunters, there's play of them. There are so many of these fat, fucking alcoholic dudes.
Speaker 2: Are like, I'm a.
Speaker 5: Big foot huy dog looking for fucking bigfoot.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for you're looking.
Speaker 3: For out on the woods or something.
Speaker 5: I'm looking for big f No matter what, dude, no matter what I'm doing, I'm looking for big And if you found.
Speaker 2: You would be giving him a hug. You be shipping your pants.
Speaker 3: I would ship, Yeah, I would ship myself, bro.
Speaker 1: I would ship myself as I hug him, and then if he breaks my spine, I'm dead.
Speaker 3: I would ship myself, Doug.
Speaker 1: However, not all big foot hunters were so intrusive. Researcher Jim Rats tetor Bigfoot Field Research Organizations.
Speaker 2: B f r O Bigfoot Field Research.
Speaker 3: You guys, did you see Elon Musk's new school. It's TITS, the Technical Institute.
Speaker 1: Of man FU. His his wealth could fix poverty. That dumb fuck. I'm not a fan of uter.
Speaker 5: He knows what I'm talking about I look for a big foot always.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about. Bro always dog.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna make that into his shirt, looking for bigfoot. We should go. We should do Bro for I'll do a live stream of this. We should do a legit bigfoot hunt. Let's go to skinwalker Bro. So you do it is your governor, mayor, let you leave camp right now.
Speaker 2: I'm a fucking prisoner in my own country.
Speaker 1: I'm a little I'm a prisoner in my own fucking province.
Speaker 2: Actually, this is.
Speaker 3: The fucking no.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you all.
Speaker 3: In Italy or Nazi Germany, we're.
Speaker 2: Run by a dictatorship.
Speaker 1: Because I don't have the fucking poison in my veins, I'm not allowed to fucking go and do anything. Literally, it's my birthday coming up, literally this weekend. I have to go up to up north to see my fucking mother because I have nothing else really to do. We're gonna go up north and she's got like a nice property, So I'm gonna go up north to fucking North Bay.
Speaker 3: But yeah, kicking on vax fucks.
Speaker 2: Yes, Rather, it's your fault.
Speaker 3: That we're in this. In the this pandemic.
Speaker 1: The first shot decreases your immune system by thirty percent, the second shot by forty percent, and then the boosters end up fucking your immune system up and killing your white blood cells. I'm not getting into this, but essentially, I don't trust anything they're fucking saying, and they've been fucking proved wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm freaking anti vaxers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm not allowed to do anything. At least you guys have freedom. Me and Chelsea have literally said that we might have to move to Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see that freedom base.
Speaker 1: It should be upside down, so so and so they arrived on them anyways, big creatures.
Speaker 3: Whenever your fucking governor decides.
Speaker 5: To to let you guys leave your state or your.
Speaker 2: Home last stay at your house in the garage, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm down. You should. You should, we should.
Speaker 5: I want to do what your big foot over at Skinwalker Ranch.
Speaker 2: Man, that'd be awesome. I hate, dude.
Speaker 3: It's solidit that you have to sign an NDA.
Speaker 1: You almost need to come to fucking Buffalo because Anton is literally like closer to me than like.
Speaker 2: My mom's house.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's crazy to my I can go to my mom's house in North Bay.
Speaker 2: It's about a four hour drive. I can go to.
Speaker 5: Anton, go to the to the glass and be like put your hand on the glass.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't get fast the border. Who knows my criminal record allow that either. But it's a teenager thing, so I don't think they were looking at I went to Cuba, so Cuban's landing. Anybody arrived on the scene. So these bigfoot investigators arrived on the scene on September ninth, nineteen seventy eight, and actually returned for a follow up investigation on the time of thirtieth and interviewed residents around the area.
Speaker 2: His first find was Henry.
Speaker 1: Colt, who lived about five miles east of Minerva on the US thirty. Colt told these big foot fucking hunters Jim, that he too had seen an animal while walking through the woods near his home. Colt said the animal was squatting near a tree. It made sounds to him like a very loud cough.
Speaker 2: It's like, what you know, I would scared the share of me.
Speaker 1: This things like taking a ship because it's squatting near a tree.
Speaker 2: It's his coffee and slugs.
Speaker 1: A yeah, he's like you see smoke rising and he's taking his ship. While smoking the weed. But it's like this huge joint that made it have like leaves because he doesn't really have no role properly. Oh yeah, he's smoking cigarettes, just taking a ship.
Speaker 3: Like tobacco, like these humans.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I still smoke time to time, and I gotta quit. But taking a ship and having a smoke would probably be the most awesomest thing because you can't do it anymore because you can't really smoke inside unless you're some filthy piece of shit it. But taking a shit and out of smoke would probably be awesome. He described the creature as long Harry or large, not long large.
Speaker 3: Harry and bipedal long and Harry's my dig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that checked out, bro already some maandscaping next.
Speaker 1: Jim Rastler later that fucking bigfoot hunter and call him Jim interviewed the Caten family about their encounter.
Speaker 2: With the creature.
Speaker 1: In his report, he knowed that the Caton's and their friends had no reason to conduct a hoax and.
Speaker 2: Seemed truthful and sincere.
Speaker 1: In what their stories and what they had to say. He also know the witnesses told the exact same.
Speaker 2: Story the plan.
Speaker 7: They were very plain, simple, down to earth people and you could tell something that happened and really frightened them. They were never or any inconsistencies in their story, however, how many times I went over with them.
Speaker 1: That's why I picture every big foot fuck researcher investigative talks.
Speaker 5: You know what's the craziest shit that you sounded like the lady and the fucking documentary that was talking about them, Bro, not even lie to you, Bro.
Speaker 1: Another researcher who accompanied a gym that confirmed his assessments of the families essentially how true it was, and some of the persons were interviewed separately. It all described the beast identically. All hoped they would never see it again. So they were like, I didn't want to fucking see this thing.
Speaker 2: I just saw it.
Speaker 5: How to tell somebody, well, again, I would probably do the same thing to I probably keep my mouth shut because I already talked about this ship already, so I'd have like some sort of confirmation biased I I was to see some bear.
Speaker 1: And these motherfuckers weren't even familiar because there was the seventies, almost in the eighties, they weren't familiar with the term even bigfoot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly so, so they were seeing something bro what was it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wooded area near the Strip Mine where a Minerva monster, who was first sighted Within weeks of the Caton sightings, others in the area began reporting similar encounters with the Minerva monster. One man saw a large, hairy creature across Route thirty near the Caton's home.
Speaker 1: It was a fog shrouded night as he was driving down US thirty, all of a sudden, this thing just dotted out in front of his vehicle. Another sighting occurred in Liberty Church Road, where a woman reported hearing a strange, strange noises from the woods surrounding her home.
Speaker 2: She described it sounding like a catfight. Ah fucking BIG's how he fox? OHI yeah, hi yeah?
Speaker 5: Or well can you imagine here in the woods and the next time I won the woods fucking looking for Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Can I get high? Yeah? Bigfoot's watching TikTok.
Speaker 1: He's stole this from a thirteen year old broke on her Bigfoot being the porn man. I'm sure he'd like to fuck a hairless, sexy fucking.
Speaker 5: Fucking clapping those big foot cheeks.
Speaker 1: Bruh, or a woman's oh they hear like maybe like a woman's terrifying shriek. She reported to the authorities that whatever was making the uncanny noises had been harassing her for several months. He's like, this thing just stands out front of my window and gloss.
Speaker 2: Oh so stupid.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this thing is harassing her. She heard it every like not every night, but like for months she would hear it. And that's the ship that want to scare the fuck out of me. I'm like, man, like, I ain't going out there the kids on Devil's Night. We're trying to knock on her fucking door. And then she was like, what the fuck was that? We could hear them like running around either the house or near the sidewalk or something.
Speaker 2: So I out there and I started look.
Speaker 1: I walked down the pathwhere and I was like, he's fucking ran off playing nicky nicky nine doors, fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like this those goddamn kids again.
Speaker 5: Fuck those kids.
Speaker 1: So fifty year rate fifty eight year old David White said he heard mysterious sounds behind his Paris Township home, located near Skyland Mills Mobile Home trailer Park.
Speaker 2: It's gotta trust that guy.
Speaker 5: That's a high class fucking place, bro.
Speaker 1: Near the Caden's property, similar to the Liberty Church Road report. He describes the mysterious sounds echoing from the woods next to a small lake.
Speaker 7: It was a blood shilling sound, a cuddling sound.
Speaker 1: It scared the hell out of you. His wife, Connie confirmed hearing the strange noises. This is like, there's so many reports of this fucking thing. It's crazy, dude.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of them, Bro, I'm telling you, if you watch the documentary, they go through all the fucking reports, fucking all.
Speaker 3: The you know, the history of the town. And apparently that that highway that it's along, it goes all the way to Times Square.
Speaker 2: Is that that Root six six is a connect to there?
Speaker 1: Because me and Billy talked all about Root six six six, Root six six six or six six and Utah somewhere that that Root six six connects to like all the some most of the highways. It's fucking crazy. There's so many stories on Root six six. Check out that episode the episodees fuck man, last year's.
Speaker 5: Bro, leave a bag of flaming dog shit on your porch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out the Halloween episode, go check the Halloween special out. Alex used to put poopy into a fucking water bottle and.
Speaker 2: Billy's like, Eh, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: And He's like, no, we picked up with a bag and they shoved it in the bottle and then they poured gasoline into the bottle and then.
Speaker 5: Literally, oh shit, what a fucking piece of ship broad.
Speaker 1: The guy that ships in the fucking bag though, and you Following the Caden and incident, reports of the Minerva Monster arrived from neighboring counties of Logan and Union on June twenty fourth, nineteen eighty Miss Donnie Regal.
Speaker 2: Regular.
Speaker 1: Legal secretary from Union County. She's a secretary, bro, She's who's what's she lying for? Was driving home from work on a stormy day. It was hot and lightning flashed in the distance, so Donna slowed her car as she crossed over a set of rough railroad tracks and saw something lying on the road ahead.
Speaker 2: It's like just laying down like a sexy pose.
Speaker 1: The creature appeared to be hunched over at first, and she thought it was a dog. Then the creature rose the two legs and she felt it must have been a man. That would be fucking scary. Man, if you saw this thing and you thought it was a dog and then it stood.
Speaker 5: Up back then, so it's like, yeah, sipt black.
Speaker 3: This she's in her guard like this.
Speaker 2: It's like eyes wide open.
Speaker 1: When the creature turned to Facer, she saw it was huge, hairy creature.
Speaker 2: She's like, is that Tom Sellek. I'd like to ride his mustache. Oh no, it's creature.
Speaker 3: It just had the biggest nose. I just don't know.
Speaker 1: It stared at her and held its hands out George Floyd's nose.
Speaker 2: What this thing's okay?
Speaker 1: This thing stared at her and held its palms its hands out, palms up like this, almost.
Speaker 3: Like my palms a sweaty.
Speaker 1: These wig palms are heavy. This vomit Almo sweat already, mom spaghetti. He's nervous, but he keep some forgetting. When he wrote down, the whole crowd goes. So now, I watched that movie when I was ten years old for my tenth shigaking my birthday. Man, When I when I was ten years old, my bros is the eight mile in fucking theaters, and we were weird, loser kids, so we used to make skits. I used to I used to want to be a film director. When I was a kid and we used to make skits and we used to dress up. So we dressed up as ten year old kids and went to see.
Speaker 2: The premiere of eight Mile.
Speaker 1: My buddy had a big green wig on, and I was dressed like this goth kid and it's a weird kid, bro, I was always yeah, so.
Speaker 2: This was the thing. I was like this.
Speaker 1: We had palms up, like we had his palms up, and it was like, what the fuck? Like, lady like, just calm down. I'm just trying to fucking take a peepee or something like that. And she drove away quickly and stopped at the first home she came to. Inside the strangers were home, she collapped and broke down in tears. Magicoe crazy. I'd be like you knocking your doors. He's like, ohh I love my creature.
Speaker 2: Bro, Just like, what the fucking shit. So let's talk about the aftermath.
Speaker 1: Many years after the infamous encounter the Minerva Monster. Uh, and you know the the Caton's are, Yeah, it's gotta be. Hayden's never recanted their story. They never said they never saw it. They they always kept true to their story. The family was literally hassled by neighbors who can the Cantons were seeing things. Locals harassed the Canons at the high school football game when the crowd stood up and began shouting Bigfoot, Bigfoot, Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: They chanted at these this fucking family.
Speaker 1: Did did you say, let's go Brandon, Let's go Brandon.
Speaker 5: Look at the crowd, Let's go Brandon, they as they entered the stadium.
Speaker 1: So the fucking chant like as the people were entering the stadium to see probably their kid play football.
Speaker 2: Like big Foot, big Foot.
Speaker 1: It's like, what about the fucking assholes, So Herbert Canton told report Is there were there were doubters, those who yelled things from car windows as they passed.
Speaker 2: It was weird.
Speaker 6: The way I feel about it is that they don't want to believe.
Speaker 2: Then they don't have.
Speaker 5: To like a fucking some some lesbian fucking back then just fucking they're interviewing her.
Speaker 1: Despite the alienation of their neighbors, the Cannons refuse to bend, which it shows truth to it. Bro Like people that just like don't give a fucking like, yeah, I know what I saw. I'm not gonna just say I imagined it just for you so you can feel better that you don't want to believe that there's something else out there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: No, I'm with you, bro, I just would you believe a guy named Howell or whatever his fucking name is?
Speaker 3: How w h O w e uh do you believe a guy named Howe?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: Come on, let's be real fine, not right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to goth Tom, as someone on the chat said, because I said that this is live, because because they had to good get it to YouTube, because we're doing in the day before it usually gets released. And I know, shout out emo Tom, because I have to find those pictures. I used to have pink in my hair when I was like twelve, and wear gloves were cut off the fingers and fucking punk bracelets.
Speaker 2: I was a strange kid.
Speaker 1: So back in eighty five, Oh so, despite the allegations and you know all that stuff, researchers who followed up the story several years after the events noted.
Speaker 2: Back in eighty five when I spoke with the family, and again in ninety one, there.
Speaker 1: Were reports with the same practicality word for word as they were in seventy eight.
Speaker 6: If you had a list of top ten sidings in Ohio based on.
Speaker 2: Credibility or believability.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's the word, but Minerva would easily be on the top three the.
Speaker 2: Caton family today.
Speaker 1: So today the Caden family continues living on the property, although Evelyn and Herbert Cay didn't have since died, family members have installed fences to keep curiosity seekers away. So they really installed fences around the property. So people are like, did you guys really see Bigfoot?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: They exhibit much skepticism when it is suggested that the animals saw that they saw was actually Bigfoot. They continue to denounce any publicity and insisted they don't want attention focused on the case. They just want to be left alone. But they believe what they saw. So they actually made a movie, the Inure. I want to watch it though. I want to watch this movie, the actual movie, and want to watch the.
Speaker 3: Bug you watch the documentary.
Speaker 5: I didn't watch the movie, but I've heard about it.
Speaker 2: It was probably cheap, but it's probably fun.
Speaker 1: Like it's just like the Legend of Body Creek was a cheap done horror movie. And I definitely, I definitely want to I want to do that. Goth and Emo is definitely different just for everyone. So they know it's it's definitely different.
Speaker 3: Both equally as gay but different.
Speaker 2: Yes, same, same but different.
Speaker 1: Uh today, Yes, they live in they're living kind of their own lives. They want everyone to fucking say away. There's much skepticism about what they saw Bigfoot, and they continue to, you know, go like they don't want publicity on this.
Speaker 2: And then so when they started making the movie.
Speaker 1: The documentary The Minerval Monster would premiere on May sixteen, twenty fifteen, and Seth breed Wow, what a name, Seth.
Speaker 2: Seth Breedlove, Breed Love. He's thirty three of Wadsworth.
Speaker 1: What a fucking name, Seth Breedlove of Wadsworth and Ellen.
Speaker 3: More generous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me gargle. This guy's name is Adam Me gargle.
Speaker 1: It's literally me gargle forty two me Yeah, of Plainsville and Brandon Dallo is not as bad twenty five of ARCon and Jesse Morgan forty two. It's telling all their fucking agents names and the visionaries behind the film and confirm the cadence seek nopebicity from the story.
Speaker 6: And they noted they were quite appalled when all the reports and the big Foot hunters showed up. They were kind of reluctant to do you even do the story, But on the other hand, they felt they had to make it known it was happening and there was some unusual things in the area.
Speaker 5: I want you to watch the documentary so you can see that you sound just like the fucking.
Speaker 1: All right, man, that was fucking fun, crazy ship, crazy case. And I'm sure we'll get back into some more there is like, well, did.
Speaker 3: It come from the mind, Tom or not? Fucking everybody wants to know.
Speaker 2: This was a bigfoot. It was a bigfoot. I guarantee you it was. I want to shake it.
Speaker 3: Your expert analysis the case.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to shake his hand. I want to I want to say hello. I was like, just don't hug me as closely as you hug that dog. But but no, that was for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed we too. I'm being so fucking serious.
Speaker 6: Tom.
Speaker 2: We gotta come to Buffalo.
Speaker 5: No no, no, not going up there, bro, We're going to Utah. We're gonna meet up with the Ryan Bro. You're gonna we gotta make this ship happen. What we gotta do a podcast in real life?
Speaker 8: One day Bro's limmit, Bro, So we were gonna do a live from Skinwalker Ranch Territory shout out to Ryan Burns before that we can do.
Speaker 1: We'll do one where everyone uses a lot of their data and we we stream.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm in the woods in Canada and the wooden Buffalo the woods in Florida.
Speaker 3: I'll get hit by fucking gator. Bro.
Speaker 5: I can't do that ship here. Okay, you gotta you gotta understand.
Speaker 2: Canada is going the way it's going.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be moving down to Florida because you won't.
Speaker 3: You won't come down to Florida. But I don't lie.
Speaker 1: It's the only place that really has freedom man or or I said Anton, Maybe Buffalo is an option.
Speaker 2: I'll move next door to.
Speaker 3: First they laughed at us, and now they want to join us.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I never laughed at you, guys. I thought you come from a very fucked up a little.
Speaker 3: I remember you talking about Florida, man, Bro, I remember that ship?
Speaker 1: What is fucked?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: What do you expect? All right?
Speaker 1: Follow all of us our ship ww doat Strange boopodcast dot com. Get some merch Strange Wands T shirts Bro, you can get some strange wand T shirts.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, watch Jesus. Uh get some strange wand T shirts.
Speaker 3: Uh, you can.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of merch on the site WWT Stranger podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: We're also on red Bubble.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Follow me on TikTok even though I'm shadow being on every single account that I have.
Speaker 1: Uh. Follow me on Instagram, at Strange podcast, We're at Reptilian. Follow me on Rizzle, the new fucking app better than fucking tied, TikTok.
Speaker 2: Follow me on Rizzle, Strange Podcasts and the Rap. I'm on every video. Follow me on Clapper, Bro. I'm on Clapper a low budget. It's like it's literally like the Arkansas version of TikTok.
Speaker 5: To me, knowing you're Don Bro with your fucking three thousand social media sites.
Speaker 3: Rizzle, the One on One Podcast, on.
Speaker 5: Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, call me on there and yeah w w W dot the One on One podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: And all right, everybody, love everybody.
Speaker 3: It's right