Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he's Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Okay, come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: Come on now, wake you wake your hands off, snakey Rob Ryan show check it in Free Beer Friday. Good to have specs on board for twenty twenty five, hooking us up with.
Speaker 1: The beers to pass along to you beer straight up in six, seven, eight, and nine. Big lou Is he gonna close out the week with nothing but one pump chumps. He's the king of it, he says. We'll see if we can get a second win.
Speaker 3: It hasn't happened with anybody yet. This week we'll play at six twenty Monster Zam tickets coming your way in home room on the fun fact flashback when you hit a four pack.
Speaker 1: When you're gonna get a four pack with pit passes February won Deftones tickets at seven to twenty, Pierce the Veiled tickets at eight twenty the first open Phones Friday of the year. I love it well never We'll leave you with Buzzfest tickets we got.
Speaker 3: We'll get you into Busfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands have billion see nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, cloudy high of forty six. Alex is probably talking a little bit more weather too, because we've got to take a look at the weekend or we're gonna get some more of this cold, freezing rain.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, Alex.
Speaker 3: Oh here you are here. That's that's your MicroG.
Speaker 1: Hey morning, Rod, good, good morning.
Speaker 4: One to Houston's headlines, Well, the Houston Rodeo announced his lineup last night. Reebun mcintaz is gonna open things up on March fourth, and then Luke Bryan's gonna close the Rodeo out on March twenty. Some other highlights did not include our boys Chaboozie.
Speaker 1: We were wrong.
Speaker 4: We were like, there's one hundred percent chance he is going to be on that lineup.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't care. They didn't listen to. Does he come out with Bunbee and make us right? Yeah, that Bunbee.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have a birthday celebration one of the nights. We also got Post is gonna be back, So I bet every bartender in the world is gonna ask to work that night in the night before that. Sure, and then Journey also is included in the rodeo lineup. You can go see that on our We'll have a blog page with that on there today.
Speaker 1: I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Yep, it looks like TikTok could really be shutting down unless the US Supreme Court blocks or delays the ban. The fight over the claim that China is using TikTok to access millions of Americans data.
Speaker 1: That's gonna go down today.
Speaker 4: If the Supreme Court does not block it or delay it, it'll go away on January nineteenth. I guess it won't like officially go away from the app store whatever, but they will stop like giving you updates on it, so you'll have everything. It will just like I think, whatever you have at the time that he goes away is.
Speaker 1: All you got.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just don't see it happening though. I just I don't, And it.
Speaker 1: Feels like it's getting too close to the you know, the end of it.
Speaker 3: Trump, in as many words, says, if you want TikTok to be around, vote for Trump.
Speaker 1: You don't say that.
Speaker 3: So he's not the president yet, but he's gonna get in.
Speaker 1: There and stop this.
Speaker 4: All I know is that no politician has ever said that they would do something and then not done it the history of politics never been done.
Speaker 1: You're right on that. Well, Happy National Quitter's Day.
Speaker 4: They say that the second Friday in January, so today, is when people are most likely to give up on their New Year's resolutions. Experts say that there are three reasons that you should actually give up on your resolution.
Speaker 1: If you're motivated by the wrong reasons, Like if you're trying to prove people wrong.
Speaker 4: I kind of like a spite resolution, Like if you don't think I can do this, watch this.
Speaker 1: I like that everything in your life. I say, crawfish for two hundred and.
Speaker 4: Eight weeks because of that, Like I just tried to prove people wrong. But yeah, if you're motivated by the wrong reasons, maybe time to give it up. If your goal no longer resonates with you, I feel like that's just quitting anyways.
Speaker 1: It's ten days in. I don't want to do this.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make me feel happy more. Yeah, it's a resolution you're trying to get better. And also if you're trying to achieve your goal and it's exhausted all of your resources. I guess if you're spending money on your goal and it's just not going anywhere, that could. If it's gonna be detrimental to you, then maybe, yeah, that's the time to give it up.
Speaker 3: But if you can't go ten days, like what are you doing? Yeah, I know what you're doing. I don't like promoting Quitter's Day, but it is a thing. Just good luck everybody if you're doing something good for yourself.
Speaker 4: On the bright side, if you haven't quit yet, there's still time not to.
Speaker 1: And then if you have quit, there's always.
Speaker 4: Chinese New Year. You can do a Chinese New Year's resolution. That's next month, So I think about that. And entertainment news, Jamie Lee Curtiz and her family are doing any one million dollars to the California wildfire relief efforts. Over one hundred thousand people have either been evacuated or lost their homes by these deadly fires, and I mean every day more.
Speaker 1: Videos come out.
Speaker 4: And somebody was saying, it looks like Mars is more inhabitable than parts of l Now it's just absolutely tragical we're seeing there. But that's cool that Jamie Lee Curtis and her family are making that huge donation.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a serious story and it's great that Jamie Lee Curtis is doing this. I know she filmed this before the wildfires hit. She was in a movie called Staying Alive.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: She recreated the dance scene. It's very famous with Jimmy Fallon. It's on that blog page. Okay, I have to tell you. I will make sure to check that out. You have to see this thing. I know you're a Jamie Lee Curtis fan.
Speaker 1: Late in life, Jamie Lee Curtis fan, and I was watching Trading Places. Yes, Oh, if you've never seen how she looks and the dance. She's an aerobics instructor. Oh, I've seen the gift of that in Staying Alive.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, she wears the same outfit and Jimmy Fallon is playing John Travolta with.
Speaker 1: A huge hand.
Speaker 4: I can't get there fast enough with that huge bulge. Love Jamie Lee Curtis. According to Billboard, the number one rock band of the twenty first century is music might have given away, but it's nickelback.
Speaker 1: Everybody here.
Speaker 4: How's that hate feel now? Huh's hate on him? Feel now? Notinth grat I bet they released their list Bilboard? Did they release their list of top one hundred artists of the twenty first century, even though we're just a quarter of the way through that century right now.
Speaker 1: Let me guess Taylor Swift number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nickelback was the highest rated rock band at number twenty six. Some other rock bands that made the list included Lincoln Park at thirty seven, Creed at sixty six.
Speaker 1: To two of the.
Speaker 4: Top three rock bands of the twenty first century are joke.
Speaker 1: Bands to a lot of people. Yep, Internet being back.
Speaker 4: In Creed and then three Doys Down was the other rock band that made the list of number seventy six. But yeah, you can go check that out today on the music blog page today. And those are Houston's headlines. Now, let's throw it to Alex with sports. Thank you, Rod, good to be here today. It's wild Card Weekend in the NFL. I'm a little mad they took away the words super in front of it. Used to be Super Wildcard Weekend and that sounded way cooler.
Speaker 1: Why did they take it away?
Speaker 4: Just stoped branding like that. Really, I'm gonna call it super wild Good Weekend though, that's okay with you. Texans are gonna kick things off tomorrow when they host the Chargers. Every time the Texans have played in a postseason, they have had the three thirty Saturday slid one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I kind of like that they're just letting them kick off the.
Speaker 4: Games, like they're like, hey, we can we can rely on Houston to do this, So maybe look at it as a positive.
Speaker 3: I guess on Saturday, you know what it means. It means that they don't want to put them in prime time.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think the Chargers jerseys just look better during the day, and then the Texans are gonna be playing and they're wearing some cool jerseys Tomorrow too. They're three point underdogs right now. Kickoff is at three thirty and you can watch it on CBS. Some other wild Card games this weekend. Tomorrow night at seven, the Steelers at the Ravens.
Speaker 1: That's the prime video game.
Speaker 4: Then on Sunday at noon, your Bills play the Broncos.
Speaker 1: At three thirty, the Eagles will take on the Packers.
Speaker 4: At seven, the Buccaneers are gonna face the Commanders, and then Monday night we got the Vikings at the Rams. That game has been relocated to Arizona because of the LA wildfires. In college football, Notre Dame is headed to the National Championship. They got by Penn State twenty seven to twenty four last night and the Orange Bowl, Penn States drew Aller through an interception with thirty three seconds.
Speaker 1: Left in the game. Notre Dame then went down the field and kicked a field goal. They won it all.
Speaker 4: All they had to do was not turn the ball over with less than a minute left to do, and Penn State couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: It was it was, yeah, it was absolutely brutal.
Speaker 4: Tonight, Texas is gonna play Ohio State for a spot in the Natty.
Speaker 1: That'll kick off at six thirty and you can watch it.
Speaker 4: An ESPN National Championship game will be Monday, January twentieth in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: And Bastball Rockets got another win last night.
Speaker 4: They beat the Grizzies one nineteen to one to fifteen at Alpa and Shang Goon had thirty two points to the Nights to lead all players and scoring. Rockets are gonna have a day off before playing the Hawks tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports all right. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Four hours of paint starts right now. It is free beer Friday was the.
Speaker 6: Go Bam Friday, Free Bam Fridayam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday and Friday and man Hoday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rob Ryan show.
Speaker 5: Here you're chasing rod Hi.
Speaker 1: Jason, how are you all?
Speaker 7: I'm just fine today and going to Conroe.
Speaker 3: Would you like the first case of beer of twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, for all right?
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, so you cleared it up. You're heading to Conroe. Where are you from, Jason, I'm from Katie. It's a big drive.
Speaker 3: That's a big Are you doing that all the time or is that just you're making a special trip today.
Speaker 8: I'm just gonna go fix the ployment pool in Conroe real quick.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, Uh it's cold, it's outside. Best of luck to you, Jason working outdoors today fixing that pool.
Speaker 8: Thank you for saying that, all right, my.
Speaker 1: Brother, I appreciate you, dude. Stay warm?
Speaker 8: Alrighty, all right, Happy New Year.
Speaker 3: That's Jason, I mean the first case of beer of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: We are off and running.
Speaker 3: We'll have three more for you straight up at seven eighty nine, thank you Specs for coming back in our Lives in twenty twenty five and sponsoring free beer Friday. Clouding today ten percent chance of rain forty six.
Speaker 1: I have a pool. I don't even want to walk outside.
Speaker 3: By my pool, let alone work on it. Jason's working on that pool today.
Speaker 1: That's cold, man. Don't hop in there, Jason tomorrow, cold to though. Yeah, cold plunge.
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I know it's cool and stuff. I'd love to have a video of me doing a cold plunge.
Speaker 1: Does it, bro? You can't do it? Yeah? Well I'm eating elk. Well, I'm eating a medium rare elk.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow sunny ten percent chance of rain high fifty six. Sunday more rain, fifty percent chance of showers hi fifty seven. I like you want to call it Super wild Card Weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna not call it Zuo.
Speaker 4: Can we make a pact that we're gonna just firm now on we always call it zu coming.
Speaker 1: It sounds way cooler. I didn't know that they did away with it. Well, they just I noticed on all the branding it used to be Super wild Card Weekend.
Speaker 4: Yesterday on ESPN when they kept promoting it, it was just like wild Card Week is like no, no, no, no, no, no, Smith.
Speaker 1: Would they just call it in the bowl. That's not as exciting. We have Big Lou. Is he gonna one pump jump it today?
Speaker 4: I hope not, but it would be kind of funny if we had like one hundred people to one pump jump.
Speaker 1: It the record. The record is seven in a row. We've only had four.
Speaker 4: If he doesn't, If he does one pump jump, I'm rooting for two weeks straight at one pump jump.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want that. All right, Big Lou, what are you gonna do today? We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 3: We're gonna come back and get him set up. You could take on Big Lou in the fresh out of bed head to head challenge Coming.
Speaker 10: Up Houston, Houston's alternative and home at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 3: The Bus, Welcome back everyone, Free beer Friday here on the Rod Ryan Show. First beer out the door Boom. Another opportunity coming up straight up at seven, eight and nine. See nothing over a ten percent chance of rand cloudy high of forty six today.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex what's trending. The Orange Bowl is trending.
Speaker 4: Notre Dame beat Penn State last night twenty seven to twenty four. Was a pretty good game after a kind of a boring first half, but Penn State's quarterback drewel Air threw a pick with thirty three seconds left in the game.
Speaker 1: It was a terrible throw.
Speaker 4: Terrible decision, and then that allowed Notre Dame to set up a game winning field goal that won it for them.
Speaker 1: Notre Dame is the do you.
Speaker 4: Remember the New Rockney and the Four Horsemen. Yeah, it's the one hundredth anniversary of that. So this would be kind of crazy because they're always like the echoes in the halls of Notre Dames, like, go'd be crazy if they win a national title one hundred years after all of that.
Speaker 1: Also trending this morning is the California wildfires.
Speaker 4: I mean, anywhere you look online, on TV, on anything, there's people covering that. It's just an absolute tragedy what's going on over there. But that's that's trending this morning. And then also Trump and Obama are trending. What are they telling jokes? So they were at Jimmy Carter's body light.
Speaker 1: Light in State yesterday.
Speaker 4: As we got off the air, we kind of got to see like all of the former presidents and wives, most of them at least, like sitting in the same area. You saw Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, you saw Trump and Milania, you saw Barack, you saw George w and Laura and Trump and Barack are sitting next to each other, and obviously they're.
Speaker 1: Talking, and they were.
Speaker 4: There's pictures of them like laughing at like whatever each other was saying. And then that just became an instant meme and that's all I saw that. And then George Bush tapping Obama on the on the belly when he was walking past him.
Speaker 3: I thought the meaning that I saw the most was Kamala turning around and seeing them two sitting with each other.
Speaker 1: So you would put three names on there, like, okay, this is your I did see that.
Speaker 3: You in the back seat with your brother or whatever, and she's coming, you know, with a backhand.
Speaker 1: But it's like, see if.
Speaker 4: They can smile together, maybe we can all smile together as a nation. Something to take away from that, all right, guys, but that's what's trending.
Speaker 1: And I inside the bus, that was like what Rocky said and Rocky three after rebeat Dragood, did you don't get along? That's probably what they were saying, you don't get along or something like that. All right, here we.
Speaker 3: Go, Good morning everybody, this big love.
Speaker 11: I know in the past I've been the king of one pump show and this year seems to be the year of one pump chunk. So you need me to break the cycle. I am your French out of bed head to head one day champion, Alex. Put all your chips on me.
Speaker 1: We'll see, because I'm.
Speaker 11: Gonna make it win number two On Friday, Bitch is.
Speaker 3: Seven two one two five. If you want to take.
Speaker 1: Him on, It's free Beer Friday, The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Halfway Roach.
Speaker 2: Pup.
Speaker 3: Your off to a great start to your day. Welcome aboard on this free beer Friday. Fanny Friday, Uh huh Linsen guests on.
Speaker 1: Top of my Twitter. Damn oh oh damn. Really, I haven't said it in my head.
Speaker 3: I haven't had a chance.
Speaker 1: To look yet.
Speaker 3: And it'll be interesting to see if she overtakes your Wildcar Wednesday, which you immediately put at.
Speaker 1: Number one, definitely top five.
Speaker 3: Okay, well yeah, cloudy today, ten percent chance of rain, high forty six sunny, ten percent chance of rain fifty six tomorrow, pretty nice looking day. Fifty percent chance of showers. Back at the showers on Sunday. But look, I mean cold on the overnight though, I mean tonight. I was down about thirty three, and now.
Speaker 1: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 11: Big glow, what's up, brother Rod?
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude. Are you gonna win two in a row? Yes?
Speaker 11: I am.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: You told Alex in your victory speech to put all his chips on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a kid, now, dude, I listened to him. All my chips are on you, all the chips are on the don't let me down.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, well.
Speaker 11: I'm ready said.
Speaker 1: This is all right like that, Matthew, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning around family, Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Chilli says you haven't played in years.
Speaker 12: Yeah it's been I think two years now, two years.
Speaker 1: Okay. Ever had any success on this game?
Speaker 12: Well, unfortunately, but I'm trying to change it.
Speaker 11: Today. Allis going on cars on me today.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll throw a couple of chips on. Matthew over here. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I've got a four pack of Monster Jam tickets with pit passes February one. Everyone else ticket Master locations. But yeah, four pack of tickets, Matthew, Big Lou. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Alex, there were some tight ones yesterday. I expect the same today. You ready, Matthew, Yes, all right, I know Lou's ready to go.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: Question number one in the nursery rhyme, Jack and Jill, what did Matthew Matthew.
Speaker 2: Up a hill?
Speaker 3: You just needed a little more, You just needed a little bit more. And Big Lou's going to get the complete question now and he's going to be happy. In the nursery rhyme, Jack and Jill, what do Jack and Jill go up the.
Speaker 1: Hill to fetch a pail of water?
Speaker 3: That's a correct answer, Big Lou los on the board man.
Speaker 1: He was fast.
Speaker 3: He was fast on that. Unfortunately, that was the wrong question to be fast on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there were a lot of choices on that one.
Speaker 1: Next question, what colors are the stars on the American flag? Matthew, Matthew White. He's quick, He's quick. You gotta find another gear loo.
Speaker 3: Man, Wow, he was faster on now and anyway, the stars are white on the American flag.
Speaker 1: All right. Matthew's chimed in twice, fast for the wind.
Speaker 3: What's the capital city of France, Matthew, Paris?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 1: Damn it, lou Blue. I mean Alex put out a pilot chips that.
Speaker 3: He could rest his chin on, and you lost my.
Speaker 1: Kids college fun.
Speaker 8: Damn it.
Speaker 11: It never bailed. I always get a great player on the second day. I can't get a freak.
Speaker 3: Get me every time that second game. All right, Nick, we gotta say goodbye. Hey Matthew, Matthew, you want to play on Monday? I heard Okay, bro, you know it's been all one pump chumps this.
Speaker 1: Year, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I'm breaking the cycle now. I was played a couple of years ago, and I was a one pump chump right now, I'm gonna change it Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay. You know what, I believe you, Not really, but I believe you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna go in believing you break the cycle all right, Matthew, The rod Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Let's having essence with going under rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 3: Alex has already given the stamp of approval on the Fanny Friday today. I haven't had a chance to take a look, said damn. I was working on that looking at girls blog page for quite some time today, and there's just a lot of birthdays and stuff.
Speaker 1: You might want to go check that out.
Speaker 3: Cloudy Sky's ten percent chance of rain high at forty six, fresh out of bed.
Speaker 1: Head to head chant enge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 3: This guy hasn't played in a couple of years. He was a one pump chump. It's not like he does victory speeches all the time. He's like, don't worry, bro, I got it. I said, okay, do my work for me.
Speaker 12: Hey, everybody, this is Matthew. I'm gonna make him break the cycle. At the one pump Chump, I beat Lou he put up Alex put all coins on him. But I'm here to break the cycle. Join me on Monday and take another win along with the Texans.
Speaker 11: They make it win Number two pitches.
Speaker 3: I mean, do my work for me, dude. Go ahead, Yeah, the year of taking it all, you know, do your own speeches.
Speaker 1: That's great. Who's this guy? Who's this guy? How do you remember him? Who's this guy? Was like, it's been years since we saw them, Captain.
Speaker 3: Cash he Lynd, Happy New Year, my friend brother, Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Where have you been, dude? I thought, like I thought maybe there was a New Year's resolution to not come in and spend time with us.
Speaker 13: I had to go somewhere else where.
Speaker 1: It was a little warmer.
Speaker 3: Ah, you're one of those guys. Yeah, I'm very envious with people that take time off, friends that like go skiing in January.
Speaker 1: I'm like, did you just have a bunch of time off? Yeah, I don't understand it. Burn those days.
Speaker 3: The January vacation has always been a big mystery to me.
Speaker 4: Because there's a lot of people that I know we're on skiing trips right now.
Speaker 1: A lot of people. It's like, wait a minute, Like I know that three people that are on skiing trips.
Speaker 3: When we come back to work and it's everybody's different, I'm flat out saying that I'm jealous of it.
Speaker 1: When we come back we start looking at our calendar. The first quarter is so packed.
Speaker 3: We had a meeting yesterday, Monster Jams, this, that and the other thing, all these different promotions.
Speaker 1: Three monsters the next three weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like people are just skiing, like, yeah, this is awesome. Went back to work, said hi, I still work here, and then took off skiing.
Speaker 4: Maybe you had to work the holidays, so you're like, I'm taking off now.
Speaker 1: I don't think that. I don't think that's the case. I think they got off for the holidays and found time to go ski. Pig sounds like a good gig. That's the day we make you look smart in front of your body.
Speaker 11: It's the fun of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, I brought in some fun facts.
Speaker 13: Looks like you're missing a wheel in here.
Speaker 3: We are missing a wheel in here. We are actively searching for a fourth wheel on this show. But yeah, I didn't see you your application. I guess you're good over there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hang for which to deal with us. I think we've mentioned this before. One of my all time favorite actors, Sean Connery, he had a chance to play Gandolf in the Lord of the Rings movies.
Speaker 3: He turned it down. He said he didn't really understand the scripts. He was offered a piece of the back end in a last ditch effort to get him to sign on.
Speaker 1: He still said no.
Speaker 3: That would have been worth over four hundred and fifty million dollars for him alone.
Speaker 1: You shall not. He would have been great in that role. Yeah. I never saw the movies.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying he's great in everything that he does.
Speaker 1: He's still hunting for Red October. Maybe.
Speaker 3: The pet Shop Boys they named their first album please.
Speaker 1: That's the album with West End Girls. That was probably their biggest hit that people would know.
Speaker 3: They wanted people to walk into record stores and say, can I have the Pet Shop Boys album?
Speaker 1: Please? That is.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I got a little chuckle out of hell. That's funny.
Speaker 14: I think.
Speaker 1: I don't think he really liked it.
Speaker 3: He just it's cute, just trying to It's very cute. It makes me feel good about showing up all right before a hurricane. The top two selling items at Walmart toilet water, pop tarts, and beer. Yeah I knew that one.
Speaker 4: It's the funk back to the day we make you look smart in fun of your buddies.
Speaker 11: It's the funk back to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are giving away another.
Speaker 3: Four pack of tickets the Monster Jam with pit passes to join us February first. Tickets are available at ticket Master locations. Why are we giving away another four pack of Monster Jam tickets when we just gave away a pair on the Fresh Out of Bed head to head Because again I screwed up for.
Speaker 1: The second time this week. The winner of Fresh out of Bed was not supposed to get Monster Jam tickets. Oh well, silly kills running in. He's like, dude, what are you doing again?
Speaker 3: I said yes again, So fine one, listen, we got we got them.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: So if you want these Monster Jam tickets, your fun. What was the profession of the guy who invented cotton candy?
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cat.
Speaker 3: And there he is in the flesh. He's about three feet from me right now. I can't believe it. I'm ready to jump on him like a spider monkey. Good hang on your back, good thing.
Speaker 13: You have short arms?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: What he got over there?
Speaker 13: Well, yesterday the market wasn't open, so that now is going to start off this morning? At forty two thousand and six thirty five NASDAC at nineteen thousan four hundred and seventy eight bench marketen. Your treasury is at a four point six eight percent this morning, and oil stands at seventy six dollars thirty seven cents a barrel.
Speaker 1: No studs or duds this morning.
Speaker 13: We're going to get the US unemployment report for December right now. Futures, Hey, they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a pause opening right here in Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 13: I'm out here. This is Highland Manager Director Wooden Ramy James putting for the right Ryan Show from Raymond James on, Sam, Philip and Augustin.
Speaker 1: Don't forget thoys, rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 10: Opinion's expressed those of Hellland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Thank come Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 9: We'll continue.
Speaker 10: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end his programs were educational and informational purposes.
Speaker 9: Only.
Speaker 10: The studs of duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Finance, Houston's Rock and.
Speaker 7: Alternat Hands A Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, George fu All right over to the phones. We got Ross the Boss.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning brother rod Uh. The guy that invented cotton candy. What was his profession?
Speaker 1: He was actually a dentist. He was a dentist.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 1: My mom was right, she goes, that's a pure sugar. I'm pay all his money for the dentists for you to eat cotton candy.
Speaker 3: I should have known that when I was so kid. Mom, the guy invented it is a dentists. Come on, you win, I'm gonna give you. I mean, all I'm doing is just give it away. Monster Jam tickets apparently a four pack with pit passes February one tickets available for everyone else and the ticket master. Ross can't wait to meet you, man, Come down and say hi to us and the pits.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll be with thanks Ford many New Year. We are easy to find any place you are.
Speaker 9: Tell your smart dice at nine five of us on IRN right here whipping out the bush.
Speaker 1: Here we are at home room too. Come on ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: The ball is good morning, Rob Ryan's show. All this free beer Friday, Thank you specs. Got another case of beer coming your way straight up at seven o'clock. We'll hook you up with that. And then we've got deaf Tones tickets. Now I'm now, I got all the right stuff in the right spot here. So Deftnes tickets at seven twenty pierce the veiled tickets at eight twenty Open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: We'll leave you with Buzzfest tickets on no the show.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain cloudy hides up around forty six Tomorrow game day for the Texans. Ten percent chance of rain sunny fifty six so ten degrees warmer tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 3: Now back to the rain on Sunday, about a fifty percent chance of showers. All right, my man Alex is doing it over there. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Well, the Houston Rodeo announced it's line up last night.
Speaker 4: Reba McIntyre is gonna open things up on March fourth, and Luke Bryan's going to close the Rodeo on March twenty third. Other highlights include Journey post alone. He's our wildcard night. Remember I was like, I don't know what that means. They had the genre list out. Yep, he's the wildcard.
Speaker 3: The only thing that we got right is we said it's gonna be some kind of a crossover artist and the wildcard on that one.
Speaker 1: So we kind of got that one right. We nailed down. We did not NL Chaboozy, but Bunby will also be there. Maybe he comes out of Chaboozi. Maybe I don't know, so then we would be right.
Speaker 4: But so you can see our full rodeo lineup on the Sports blog on the music blog page, they excuse me. A winter weather storm in North Texas brought us widespread rain and wind. Overnight temperatures are expected to hover around the thirties for most of the day to day, before climbing up to the forties later tonight. It doesn't look like we've got much of a chance at any sort of freeze, but it's always good to exercise caution right now while out on the roads or outside, to continue to bring your pets, plants, and old people inside.
Speaker 1: Though, like we always tell you don't.
Speaker 3: Unwrap the pipes. They already wrapped. Yeah, just be yeah, keep them wrapped up this way, You're good.
Speaker 4: A new study has found out that people are significantly more likely to be irritable, angry, and annoyed the more that they consume social media. Oh, I believe this is one hundred parts. All you see on social media is complaining. You don't really see too much positivity out of it. I mean occasionally you will.
Speaker 1: Isn't that what they call doom scrolling? Yeah, or doe scrolling? What is doom scrolling? Due strolling is just when you keep scrolling over and over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: Always got nothing to do with the comment.
Speaker 1: I guess it is just when you look at just negative stuff over and over.
Speaker 3: Once you hit once you hit one negative story, then that's what appears.
Speaker 1: Thinks you like that, that's the lolgarithm.
Speaker 4: At the time, so Harvard Medical School collect data on adults eighteen and older and found out that the people that regularly use apps like Facebook, x, Instagram, and TikTok. They said that the people that were on social media for most of the day scored three times higher on the irritability score.
Speaker 1: Than those that said that they don't ever use social media.
Speaker 4: So that makes sense. I mean you're looking at the anger and the hate and stuff like that. That's going to make you more angry and hate filled sometimes.
Speaker 1: But does anybody sit down with a sessh of scrolling and then set their phone down and say, boy, that was awesome? Like I feel great sometimes?
Speaker 9: Do you?
Speaker 1: But you're weird?
Speaker 4: You feel great because you've seen failure. I mean sometimes you just find some fun memes and you're like, that was a good day, this was a good Internet.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not better than anybody. I do the same thing. I get there. Sometimes I sit there and I'm scrolling, scrolling Instagram reels and I'll be in at ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what a loser, Get out of here. Do something.
Speaker 4: I yell at myself. I yell at them too, just to be play devil's advocate. Though the study didn't really prove causality. So either mean to me that social media makes people irritable or that maybe just irritable people irritable people really like.
Speaker 1: Using social media not thinking about it that way.
Speaker 4: Did you know that there are only two actors that were born after nineteen ninety that have ever won Oscars.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I wouldn't even know who they would be.
Speaker 4: Jennifer Lawrence, she won Best Actress for silver Lining's Playbook for Game twenty twelve, and Ariana Debo's won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role in West Side Story. I know you loved West Side Story in twenty twenty se musical. Yeah, that's Rod's favorite.
Speaker 1: I'm a fool for them. That could very well change.
Speaker 4: This year, though, because Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, and Timothy Shallame are all expected to be nominated this year. Oscars are going to announce their nominees next Sunday. In music news, the White Stripes are releasing a reissue of their album, their fifth album, Get Behind Me Satan. The twentieth anniversary album is also going to come with some songwriting demos, live versions of the tracks and alternate tracks as well. It'll be available on vinyl through some description service and to get it you got to sign.
Speaker 1: Up by January thirty first. But it does have this hit on I know you love this album? Would you go and get like some sort of a reissue and to hear all the extra doo dads that they add to it, not on vinyl. If I could just download it, yes I would. Did you get involved in any of that Incubus reissue stuff. I mean, I have all of the songs, but I don't. I'm not a vinyl guy. I don't have a record player or anything like that.
Speaker 3: But you do want to hear how they've manipulated the music.
Speaker 4: Do you read say if it's like one of your favorite bands, like they re recorded all of Morning View last year, Yeah, because it was the anniversary of that, and it's just like, oh, this is.
Speaker 1: Oh they added strings here, they took this out of here, or they're doing this a little different, and it's pretty much the same album.
Speaker 4: But it was cool, just like twenty years later, your interpretation of songs is a little bit different. It was cool seeing them kind of put their own spin on it. But maybe you're gonna get a little bit of that. It seems like it's just older demos and stuff like that. If you're a big White Strips fan and Jack Jack White's one of my favorite musicians of all time, So if it's on digital anything, I will definitely check it out.
Speaker 1: Well, all that information is on the music blog page. There's some other interesting things that are on the music blog page. I would go check that out. I didn't get a chance to look. Chris Stapleton announced the tour and I didn't see. I didn't see.
Speaker 3: I would be shocked if he skipped Houston. It's not part of the rodeo. But I'll go look at that. But if you want to complete dates about Chris Stapleton, that and so much more.
Speaker 1: What's going on in sports, Well, it's Super Wildcard weekend in the NFL.
Speaker 4: The Texans are going to kick things off tomorrow when they host the Chargers. Texans are three point underdogs heading into this game. Kickoff is going to be at three point thirty and you can watch it on CBS. Some other wild Card games this weekend. Tomorrow night at seven, the Steelers are gonna be at the Ravens. That's the prime video game. Then Sunday at noon, your Bills play the Broncos. Then at three thirty, the Eagles will take on the Packers. At seven, it'll be Buccaneers against the Commanders. Then on Monday night, we've got Vikings at Rams.
Speaker 1: That game has been.
Speaker 4: Relocated to Arizona because of the LA wildfires.
Speaker 1: A great weekend for football. It's an awesome weekend. I mean the weather might be not great.
Speaker 4: But like, hey, you're not gonna be doing and I think you're just being sid watching football. That's all you gotta do if you're a college football fan. Tonight, yeah, Notre Dame is heading too the National Championship. So we had College of ball from Thursday and Friday, then you get NFL all throughout till Monday.
Speaker 1: Notre Dames headed to the Natty.
Speaker 4: Though they got by Penn State twenty seven to twenty four last night and the Orange Bowl, Penn States drew a laire through an interception with thirty three seconds left in the game. Notre Dame then went down the field and kicked a game winning field goal. So it'll be Notre Dame taking on the winner of tonight's game, which is Texas against Ohio State and the Cotton Bowl. Ohio State to six point favorite in that one. That'll kick off at six thirty. You can watch it on ESPN, and the National Championship game is gonna be on Monday, January twentieth in Atlanta. In basketball, Rockets got another win last night.
Speaker 1: They beat the Grizzlies one nineteen to one to fifteen.
Speaker 4: Alpharriin Shangoon had thirty two points of the night to lead all players and scoring. Rockets are gonna have a day off before playing the Hawks tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 9: The Buzz.
Speaker 6: Let's go Man Friday, Free Bam Friday, A free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: Right Bam Friday, Bam Friday, free bad Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. What what we want?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: How about some beer?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 15: I can do that.
Speaker 2: I can do that.
Speaker 1: Good morning. What's your name?
Speaker 6: Hon?
Speaker 1: Is that just you out right?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For the games?
Speaker 3: I mean you yell at your Ray so happy that you're calling.
Speaker 1: I'm just happy.
Speaker 3: Ready for the games. Okay, talk to me, talk to me, Ray. Who you're rooting for this weekend? Who's your team of course? Or Texans of course?
Speaker 1: Okay, all the way, Texans, Chargers. What time charges tomorrow? Three thirty tomorrow, kicking things off? Yeah, opening ceremony and we're still calling it super Wildcard weekend. Don't have that. Anyone tell you it's not, even though the NFL is telling you it's not.
Speaker 3: Alex, I'm gonna put you on the spot. They're bringing in somebody big for the halftime.
Speaker 9: I do not know.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's check that out.
Speaker 4: I know ball, I don't know the entertainment side of the things that I will find out for you.
Speaker 3: Rod, you know what, I'm the ant committee, right, Who's right? Who's playing halftime at the Texans game?
Speaker 1: Play Shaboozie? That should be who is always we would have all known by now for sure, for sure if she was going to be doing it all right, Well, listen, Ray, I listen. Texans all the way. I'm good with you up until if they play the Bills and we might have a problem. But no, I'm with I'm with you all the way tomorrow. I'm telling you, I am all in on the Texans right now. So if the Texans win, When the Texans win, when the Texans win, they'll play Kansas City on the results. Yeah, the other game, there's a good jem Bill hold sir yep, and the Ravens meet the Stealers.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be Bill's Ravens. It's gonna be Bill's Ravens. Texans Kansas City.
Speaker 1: The Bills are gonna have to go to an absolute gauntlet. See yeah, the super Bowl, Yeah they are. It's all right. Ray, enjoy your beers. Appreciate rough, Appreciate you, dude. Happy New Year. Clouding today, Hi a forty six. It's still gonna be cold man on the overnights.
Speaker 3: I mean right there dancing on that freezing on those freezing temperatures. Tomorrow game day, ten percent chance of rain, sunny high at fifty six, fifty percent chance of showers on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I have around fifty seven. Couple of things.
Speaker 3: Gave away a ton of Monster Jam tickets. I wasn't supposed to, but I still did. In home room, David Rodriguez, good morning, brother, Rod, First and foremost, Happy New Year, brother, Thank you for making the past twenty one years the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you, dude, Thank you. Quick question, you think you'd be partnering with the Monster Jam people to go this go around on the cheap tickets? Just curious. Appreciate all that you do for the city. I appreciate you, David.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I think I've got the okay on on that. I think we're going to be doing the deeply discounted ticket sales for all three upcoming Monster Jams. Do I have dates yet and any of that?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Do I know how many tickets we're going to sell them?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I don't have that.
Speaker 3: But I didn't get a no, So I always take that as a yes.
Speaker 1: They didn't tell me no.
Speaker 3: Do I have an email that says yes, we're absolutely doing this?
Speaker 14: Really?
Speaker 1: Really find that now? Deb, Happy New Year.
Speaker 3: Deb over at BMP Brand Management Professionals. They do our they host our store. Deb is an absolute angel. She is the driving force behind getting all those orders out to you guys in the rod Ryan show caras online store, and I work with her. I'm getting all this merchandise out there.
Speaker 1: She's like, right, if you have time, could you please remind people that today's the last day to pick up your orders. She said.
Speaker 3: She sent out about one hundred emails earlier this week.
Speaker 1: Read your email, guys. There's one hundred people out there that.
Speaker 3: I thank you first and foremost going in the store and being generous and picking up your orders because you chose to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to pay a shipping fee.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go to BMP and I'm going to pick it up that's awesome, but she said, she sent out about one hundred emails. There's still merchandise sitting there. You paid for those shirts, guys, I want you to have them now.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 3: Listen, if you want to just chuck, shoot her an email and reply to that email.
Speaker 1: She said, for ten dollars, she'll ship it to you. Okay, easy, she'll ship it to you.
Speaker 3: If you don't want to get if you can't get over there, check your email, check your inbox from BMP Brand Management Professionals.
Speaker 1: Okay, deb She puts in so much. That's a lot of work. That's not her job over there, just to take care of our crap. She works there and she's like the lynchpin for everything. And she had to sit there and send out one hundred emails to say, hey, you paid for this stuff, guys, come pick it up. Today's last day. She doesn't just work for us. But that's how you know that she's so amazing, because it makes it feel like she does just.
Speaker 3: W what you just said on the flip of this quick break, got a wreck check for you. We'll find out what's trending. It will hook you up with depth tones tickets.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, got some DEPTHTNES tickets coming up for you in just a little bit, so I wouldn't leave.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you hanging out with us and starting your day. Pierce the veil.
Speaker 3: Tickets next hour and the nine o'clock hour Open phones. Friday, first one of the year. Can't wait more beer, I mean more everything, guys, stember cent chance of rain cloudy high at forty six today.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex, what you see trending?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it looks like people are going over to Fanny Friday number one. Like I said earlier, Damn de Garcia is our Fanny Friday feature today.
Speaker 1: It was submitted by listener.
Speaker 4: Donovan and yeah, you feel like people are gonna like what they go see if you head over to the world finished rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Chili, I'm looking goodness gracious, Wow, goodness gracious.
Speaker 4: Also trending this morning is ut a bunch of long Horns fans are making the trek down.
Speaker 1: To Dallas for or Arlington excuse me for the Cotton Bolt.
Speaker 4: Tonight they're taking on Ohio State and the second game of the college football playoff semi finals winner will face Notre Dame on January twentieth in the National Championship Game. And then also, I see SAG nominations are trending. The Screen Actors Guild Awards are expecting to They have not released their nominations. They are planning to release them, hyping up who might get nominated. It's awards season, so check with chilbskers and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: He loves awards season.
Speaker 4: He hope Tom Selleck wins a SAG Award for you, buddy, for blue Blats.
Speaker 1: But that's what's trending on ipro by the Bus.
Speaker 3: Deptnes Tickets on the chopping block right now. March sixteenth, Toyota Center. You go to Toyota Center dot com to get your tickets.
Speaker 1: You know, while you're calling for those tickets, I was thinking to myself, should we still jump around in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: I'd like to, And I thought, why wouldn't we jump around in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 16: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: Good luck calling for those tickets. Seven one three two, win two five ninety four five It's House of Pain time here rod Ryan Show, ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: The Boys rod Ryan Show on this three Beer Friday. I got tickets to give away. Who wants to go see the Death Tones? Good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: There you are, bro? What's up? What's your name? Hey? Hey, this is Paul him Paul, how are you today? You doing fantastic?
Speaker 3: Would you like to go see the Death Tones? Mars Voltimur sixteenth Toyota Center. Hell yeah, congratulations, Paul your caller ten right on.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 17: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, dude, Appreciate you do. I'm really I'm I understand. I know why Alex is doing the story. It's Quitner's Day. Yeah, it's this is the day that most New Year's resolutions cease to exist.
Speaker 1: People just give up, like ten days in and Paul, did you have a New Year's resolution this year? Lose a little bit of wait?
Speaker 5: Trying to get the bit in me?
Speaker 1: Okay, have you done anything to make that happen? Or you waiting for something?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure, let's say we've done something to make it happen. I like the way you worded that. Okay, I know it's not You're like, well, Rob, how am I gonna lose weight? Have you not seen what kind of great football we have this weekend. How am I gonna ahead?
Speaker 3: Okay, good good, Yeah, all right, Paul, listen, good luck to you and uh walk in from the out to grab a beer is exercise.
Speaker 8: I guess the cardio cardio.
Speaker 1: Don't ever let anyone tell you it's not. I've been New York call to love to. David Muir is my guy.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: I do like David Muir because I watch ABC first thing in the morning, the National News.
Speaker 1: He was on that like overnight show that nobody watched, or that first one, and in the time that I've been here, he was there in the mornings. And now he's like the main Dud's grown up. He's like the Walter Konkite. He's like the most watched news guy on TV.
Speaker 3: You know, if I'm believing the promos that they run and that promo that they do run for David Muir.
Speaker 1: He's got that Made in America segment and stuff. I like the guy. He's jacked.
Speaker 3: They show him like sitting on that helicopter and it's like, you know, he knows what he knows what angle he's at.
Speaker 4: He's like Simon Colli used to do Black t shirt and if we point over here, oh my bad, my muscles are showing.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's gotta wear he's gotta wear a suit when he's behind the desk, but when he's not, he's got some you know, he's out there, he's looking at some kind of rubble somewhere, rabble.
Speaker 1: He's got a tight black T shirt on it. He's jacked. Yeah, okay, the guy puts the work in the cham yea. If I worked out like that, I would want to do that too. Did you see him get busted with the rain with the fire coat on?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he had close pins on the back to kind of like make it look form fitting and a little tighter on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that was necessarily worthy of like the criticism, because it's like that doesn't make him less of a reporter.
Speaker 3: No, No, he's still I still think he's like the best at what he does. Funny, it's funny that they busted him. I thought it was more funny. I saw.
Speaker 1: I saw people all the way up to and including you gotta fire this guy?
Speaker 3: What for fuse advertising like that that he was wearing a larger fireman's coat.
Speaker 1: I was gonna buy that fire jacket.
Speaker 3: If you hadn't seen it yet, he just kind of like turns a little too much. And you see that he must have had his little assistant, Hey man, make this thing like, you know, a little more form fitting on me. Maybe they didn't have one, you know, maybe they didn't have his size. I mean, he probably wears a sh medium.
Speaker 1: But they do that with a lot of stuff on TV.
Speaker 4: That's why I like, everything looks better on TV than it does in real life.
Speaker 1: Every one of these weather girls and stuff is sinched in the back. And look at the back of that they have. They look like like a toy. They have all like the packs and stuff on them.
Speaker 3: They have wires and duct tape and all kinds of stuff behind them the front of them.
Speaker 1: It's TV, but it just people. And I understand it's like, Okay, it's a it's a catastrophic fire that's going on, but you're still on national television. You still want to present yourself in a certain way. So you know, he combed his hair because they have a hard time.
Speaker 3: Okay, he combed his hair before he went on, and I imagine he probably put on a little makeup, you know, that's what not that he needed, you know, so he wanted that jacket to fit a little better.
Speaker 1: That's on the first thing on three things you Must see. Take a listen to this. I don't know that we talked about. Somebody. A YouTuber is.
Speaker 3: Putting out songs that we all know, what if they were made in the fifties, And they did one with led Zeppelin, And they put out another video, and it's what if Guns N' Roses recorded Welcome.
Speaker 1: To the Jungle in the fifties. This is on three Things you Must See. Welcome to the Jungle. We get fun in games. We got everything you want fun, and we know the names. We are the people that can find whatever you may need. If you got the money, honey, we got your disease. It's a jungle Welcome to the Jungle.
Speaker 5: AI.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's AI doing this. It's Eves crazy what people are doing right now.
Speaker 1: We're just scratching the surface of all this AI stuff.
Speaker 3: They used AI to redo the whole nineteen eighty seven, Appetite for Destruction, Sweet Child of Mine, my Michelle Rock and Queen. I mean, all those great songs, they're all redone fifties.
Speaker 1: Welcome you like it? My Serpentine in the jungle Jungle. It's pretty great. If you want to hear this, I got it all for you on Links and Guests Friday. You know what, let's sell it great. The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Lincoln Park and Lost. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. They made that billboard list?
Speaker 3: Huh Lincoln Park was I mean, not a lot of rock, not a lot of Yeah, not a lot of rock bands on that billboard.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how they qualified it. What was the listing the top bands or artists of the last of the century or the century?
Speaker 3: Okay, good morning, that's on the music blog page. Sure you can go check that out, Rob Ryan Show. Thank you so much for getting the started today.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. There's my man, Chili right there, Chili. I need to ask you a question first.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't talk to Chili without getting his excitement level for the game tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Predictions. I it's gonna be a close game, but the Texans are going to pull it off. Texans are gonna pull it off, home crowd, I mean yeah, Texans are gonna pull this one off.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, dude, we got we got a lot of good players, and I think everybody's counting the Texans out, Like everybody outside of Houston is counting the Texans out.
Speaker 1: So that's motivating the players, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel the opposite. I feel the opposite about the Bills and the Denver Broncos. Everyone's just assuming that the Bills are just gonna run over the Denver Broncos. So it's like one of those trap situations, you know, Chili. My question to you today is I'm trying to like create this scenario.
Speaker 1: I didn't run this by him. All right, Let's just say you're you're at one of your little you and Mauricio. You're at one of your little casino trips. Okay, over there in Louisiana.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 1: Who shot? What's over there?
Speaker 11: We go to the Golden Nugget.
Speaker 3: Golden Nugget? Okay, all right, you're at the Golden Nugget. You're sitting around and you're playing some cards. Right, guy looks over at you and says, where are you from?
Speaker 1: What does that? What does that mean to you? When somebody says where are you from?
Speaker 18: They're just curious. I want to know where I'm driving in if I live there in Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So so just some stranger at a table says, where are you from? What do you say? What's your answer? Houston? You're from Houston, Houston, Texas.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: You don't get into the whole Guatemala thing.
Speaker 18: Nah, nah, because I was born in Guatemala.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 18: But now my life has been here in Houston all this time. So now I'm like, Houston.
Speaker 3: You know, the whole thing, where you're from. That's why I tried to create a little context so everyone knows some super overzealous Texan person that just loves Texas, super Texas guy everything. Oh look at me, I got a Texas tattoo too.
Speaker 1: You're definitely Texan now, But.
Speaker 3: People ask me where are you from? It all depends on where you're at. Okay, this guy the story comes up. You saw it on Three Things.
Speaker 1: You must see.
Speaker 3: It's this guy from New York. And it's like, you can't say you're a New Yorker unless he's.
Speaker 1: In New York City.
Speaker 3: Of course, you can't say that you're from New York. You got to put in ten years. You can't say you're a New Yorker. You got to put in ten years? Is that an address says this, buddy? Is that a similar thing here? Like, you have to put in a certain amount of time in Texas to say that you're a Texan, because Texas has that same vibe.
Speaker 1: It's a very proud state.
Speaker 3: It's a very state forward state, meaning people love leading with the fact that they're from Texas. I found that even before I lived here, the Texans that I dealt with the people from Texas. I dealt with a lot of people coming into town in New Orleans, and the Texas people they love to let everybody know that, hey, we're from Texas. You know, like nobody ran around saying okay, the people from Virginia are here. That didn't happen. But when the Texas people walked in, they're like that Texas, we're here, We're from Texas.
Speaker 1: You know, somebody's wearing a Texas shirt and you know, a flag shirt, hat and all that.
Speaker 18: I feel like it's also the way how you like, like, let's say five to ten years, it's a lot I allow you. You know, okay, because you've been here for five years so far, you're stuck here now When people ask me where you're from. I usually say originally I'm from here, but then but now I live here, so that's where I'm from here.
Speaker 1: Where you're were you born is a different question. And where are you're from?
Speaker 6: To me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I'm talking to someone here and they asked me where I'm from, if they're here, I don't say I'm from here.
Speaker 1: But if i'm yeah, okay, I get that.
Speaker 3: If I'm at the Eiffel Tower and somebody says where you're from, I'm going to say Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But if I'm walking around and somebody asks me here in Houston, where are you from? Yeah, you know, I would feel weird deceptively telling that person I'm from here, but I'm not.
Speaker 18: Like like if you were in Paris or Britain or something like that and they ask you where you from, When you say USA.
Speaker 3: The greatest country on Earth, I would say Texas because you want that, like, oh, because then they have a follow up question, I know you're from Texas, yeah, because they all heard of everyone's heard of Texas. There's no sense in telling somebody you would say you're from the States. If you were from Pennsylvania, what are you gonna do what we're gonna brag about it.
Speaker 1: Pennsylvania, You're like the greatest country in the world. Sorry, people from Pennsylvania, I'm not. And I also get this.
Speaker 3: You could easily say you're from Texas and people were like, Okay, there's that person's from Texas. I can't just tell people I'm from New York. They just assume I'm from I'm saying New York City. I cannot tell people. I have to qualify it every time.
Speaker 1: That's why. And it's like, listen, I'm very Buffalo proud.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't get into the whole North Town of wanna thing, but I'll it doesn't make sense for me to tell somebody I'm from New York because then I gotta say, well, no.
Speaker 1: Not from New York City. They just assume that I'm from the city.
Speaker 9: Not.
Speaker 18: I assume Buffalo was its own state.
Speaker 1: It kind of New York City should be its own state. It's so big. But people outside of that state, it'll realize, like how huge that state is. It's massive. It's really really big.
Speaker 4: It's eight It's an eight hour drive from Buffalo to New York City.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's like the width of Texas. It's like driving to Elpasso from here. It's big. It's really big. Now it's not as big.
Speaker 3: But it's it's it's very wide. Yeah, it's not as like I mean Texas. Texas is girthy everywhere. So can you only say you're from La or Chicago?
Speaker 1: Can you only? Can you only say you're from a place if you're born there? Do you what's your years? You saying five years here? You can say you're a Texan.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean, like like you've been here for twenty so you're actually a Texan but originally from Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the last couple of years, I've been in the South longer then I was up north.
Speaker 1: That is wild to me. That's wild to me, because you know, I mean, maybe I'll throw in a yawl every now. No I don't. I don't want to be any use guys whose guys? I feel like it's whatever. If your driver's license does Texas, you can tell people you're from Texas. Yeah, okay, all right, Well this guy in New York is really kind of he's a little extra. And it is a classic line.
Speaker 3: If you're you're not in New Yorker until you've been there at least ten years, so he's kind of building upon that. There's some people that are hardcore. If you weren't born in New York, you can't tell people you're from.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of Jersey people that say they're from New York and you're not from New York. You're from New Jersey. Yeah, you're right on that. You're absolutely right on that. All right, you can go.
Speaker 3: That's also you know you're gonna go see David Muir.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking for him to be fired. I just thought it was funny that they got busted doing that. Then there's this debate, and then there's the Guns n' Roses if they were a fifties band. That's all on Three things you must see today Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 9: Show from six to ten am. Ninety four or five seven.
Speaker 3: Cloudy skies today, ten percent chance of rain hides them around forty six. We did get in and jump around song this hour. It's good to have that back. In twenty twenty five, Jason said, did you push up around? He said, He's joining me on this push up journey of one hundred push.
Speaker 1: Ups a day.
Speaker 3: He says, Happy New Year, brother, Rod. I needed that because I haven't done any yet today. I've been doing pretty good. I'm trying to get at least fifty to seventy five out of the way during the show. That's not bad, and then just at the gym or at home the knock out whatever I got left.
Speaker 1: But I haven't done any yet. Okay, I gotta do some next hour for sure, because then Open Phones is going to be very, very busy. Did you know we're doing Open Phones Friday? Did I announce it that dime back?
Speaker 11: Wait?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Pierce the Veil tickets coming your way at eight. Well, beer at eight, Pierce the Veiled tickets at eight, twenty more beer at nine, Thank you, Specs, and then your phone calls open Ohones Friday.
Speaker 1: Then we'll leave you with some Buzzfest tickets. My man Alex has Houston's headlines. Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: The Houston Rodeo announced this lineup last night. Reba McIntyre is going to open things up on March fourth, and then we got Luke Bryan to close things out March twenty third. Other highlights on the schedule include Journey post Malone and bun Be. The wild Card was post Malone. We were saying, we were looking at the genres yesterday and post Malone is on that. Daniel did email us our boys Shaboozy. We were upset that he was not on the line up yesterday, like, there's no chance. How do you not get him? This is the biggest rodeo, this is the biggest guy in country kind of right now. And Daniel said that post Malone might.
Speaker 1: Bring him out. Okay, so think about that. How did AJR get so big? The youths, Yeah, the youth is like AJL the young kids. Yes, it's just it's amazing how big they got. They're really good at what they do. Yeah, they write their own songs. Is it three brothers? I don't. I think they are three brothers, but there's three of them. I think they're from New York. I don't want to speak out of one.
Speaker 3: Okay, when I saw AJAR, I know how big they are. I just I met those kids.
Speaker 4: They sell out yeah places all the time, so I mean they're they're deaf and like, how many kids go to the rodeo?
Speaker 1: You know that's gonna be perfect for that. But they're they have some bangers. I met him years ago and I just I had no idea. They were just so unassuming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was told, like, these guys write their own stuff, they're gonna be huge.
Speaker 1: They were right, they were huge.
Speaker 4: It looks like TikTok could really be shutting things down unless the U. S. Supreme Court blocks are delays the band. The fight is over the claim that China is using TikTok to access millions of Americans data.
Speaker 1: The Supreme Court looks.
Speaker 4: Like they're gonna be looking at it today and if they don't block or band they're blocked to delay or push it back, it's gonna go away on January nineteenth.
Speaker 1: So get all your ticking in talking in while you still can, unless it gets pushed back and then it won't matter and then you can still keep ticking in talking.
Speaker 4: But right now, if you you want one five a weekend of ticking and talking, do it now. This is not gonna happen next next Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is. It's going They're not gonna like wipe the app off.
Speaker 4: Like they're not gonna get rid of it. But I don't think just do it in case. Okay, you're really miss it if it's gone.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking about jumping back in. Well, Happy National Quitter's.
Speaker 4: Day, everybody, Rod, I know you haven't done it. You haven't done any push ups yet. I'm going if you're going to quit, today would be the day.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 4: They say that the second Friday in January, which happens to also be today, is when people were most likely to give up on those resolutions that they set just ten days ago. Experts say there are three reasons that you should give up on your resolution if you're motivated for the wrong reason.
Speaker 3: A second, while you continue to I'm gonna go Okay, I'm gonna do my twenty five.
Speaker 4: So the three reasons that they say you should he's trying to prove me wrong. See again, this is one of them. If you're motivated by the wrong reasons, like me saying Rod, you should just give it up.
Speaker 1: This is Rod trying to prove me wrong.
Speaker 4: If you're just trying to prove people wrong, although I don't necessarily hate the idea, then maybe that's a reason to give up on your resolution. Another reason would be when your goal no longer resonates with you, which just seems like you're tired of it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, sure, use that too, And then another.
Speaker 4: The final reason was if you're trying to achieve your goal and it's exhausted your resources or you feel burnt out by another just that seems like they're just giving you out.
Speaker 1: If you want to quit, if you haven't quit on your New Year's resolution yet, still time not to.
Speaker 4: And then also if you have there's always Chinese New Year next month to make a Chinese New Year resolution.
Speaker 1: I officially have not quit. I just banged out twenty five.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you you you're against the grain, going against the grain today.
Speaker 3: Don't quit, guys, if you're doing something good for yourself, hanging there, even if you have an off day, just pick it up again. Don't I get bummed out too. It's like, Okay, I didn't do it this day, that means it's over. No, it's not over.
Speaker 4: Double the next time, or just do it. Just get back on track. Just get back on track, Back on track.
Speaker 1: Baby. Jamie Lee Curtis and.
Speaker 4: Her family are donating one million dollars to the California wildfire relief efforts.
Speaker 1: Over one hundred thousand people.
Speaker 4: Have been evacuated or lost their homes by these deadly wild fires over the last week, and I mean, everywhere you look, that's all you see right now, it's just the La wildfire story.
Speaker 1: And just how terrible this looks.
Speaker 3: On a lighter note, I did that thing that is annoying to people. I made Alex come over and look at my computer screen this morning.
Speaker 1: It was worth it.
Speaker 3: Jamie Lee Curtis was on Jimmy Fallon. They obviously recorded this on a little out of breath.
Speaker 1: Sorry, so work on it.
Speaker 3: Jamie Lee Curtis obviously filmed this before the wildfires Jimmy Fallon Ashley with an eyes right. The movie was called Perfect and there's a very famous scene where she's an aerobics instructor and John Travolta's wearing the shortest shorts that any man should ever wear.
Speaker 1: But Jamie Lee.
Speaker 3: Curtis's body is ridiculous. They recreated that scene. Jamie Lee Curtis Number one looks amazing, but it's funny. It's really really funny. So Jamie Lee Curtis with her big donation, and.
Speaker 4: Then again I get it. This video is you have to check it out today. You have to look at it.
Speaker 1: I did, and I kind of want to go look at it again because it was great. I had to double take, like, is that her from the movie thirty five years Ago? JLC? She looks amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: According to Billboard, the number one rock band of the twenty first century is Nickelback, So suck it, haters. They released their list of top one hundred artists of the twenty first century, and Nickelback was the highest rated rock band at number twenty six. Other rock bands making the list include Lincoln Park at thirty seven, Creed at sixty six.
Speaker 1: And three Doors Down at seventy six.
Speaker 4: So half of the rock bands in the top one hundred are kind of meme bands or joke bands or bands that.
Speaker 1: People hated on, but now they're at the top of those lists.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Those are Uston's headlines, all right now, alex Change caps. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: Well, it's Super wild Card weekend in the NFL. The Texans are going to kick things off tomorrow when they host the Chargers. Texans at three point underdogs. I know it's a three thirty game, but can we call it primetime? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So you know what we gotta play?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah play? Then listen to Dyke Doallas National TV. Everybody mama watch and let's go. Let's god, I don't drink dollars.
Speaker 4: What oh, Chester Pitts, Oh yeah, I love that. I mean everybody's mama will be watching. It'll be a standalone game. But yeah, that's kicks off at three thirty on CBS. Other wild Card games this weekend at seven Tomorrow night, there'll be Steelers at Ravens. That's the Amazon Prime game. Sunday at noon, your Bills take on the Broncos. At three thirty, the Eagles will face the Packers, and at seven it'll be Buccaneers against the Commanders. That on a Monday night, we got Vikings at Rams. That game has been relocated to Arizona because of the LA wildfire.
Speaker 1: Hector, thank you very much. I put you on the spot.
Speaker 3: I asked you who's doing the halftime performance? Bobby Pulido, Oh, with Texans Mariachi. That's a good vibe though, Arian Foster you said was going to be involved. He'll be the repin h town. And then they got the in studio djit or the in stadium d and all kinds of stuff. But yeah, so we do have a name playing the halftime show.
Speaker 4: Me a hell of a weekend though for football specifically because we also got college football that started last night.
Speaker 1: Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: They're headed to the National Championship Game. They've got by Penn State twenty seven to twenty four in the Orange Bowl. Penn State's Drew Alaire threw an interception with thirty three seconds left in the game. Notre Dame then went down the field and kicked a game winning field goal, which means Notre Dame is going to take on the winner of tonight's game between Texas and Ohio State and the Cotton Bowl. Oh I see, it's a six point favorite in this one that'll kick off at six thirty.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on ESPN.
Speaker 4: The National Championship game is going to be on Monday, January twentieth and Atlanta. Great weekend for football, all time weekend for football. In basketball, Rockets continue to win. They beat the Grizzlies last night one nineteen to one to fifteen. Alpha and Shan Goon had thirty two points to the nights to lead all players from scoring. Rockets are gonna have a day off today before they play the Hawks tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. When I said that Bobby Polito is playing the halftime show, and Bobby Polito and Chili gave me a look like you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Well, I don't know what I'm talking about? Should I? Yeah, he's my favorite Mariacchi guy.
Speaker 2: He's huge.
Speaker 18: He's been artists from like back when Selena was up there, so he's as still been keeping alive, performing and everything.
Speaker 1: So legendary performer.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know he's been there, so he'll do a good, good halftime show. I don't know how he would do with the mariacciy. I never heard him with Maniacci, so.
Speaker 1: He's a shaboozi.
Speaker 3: I'll just yeah, stop with your shaboozi already.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chili. I knew you know because he's a bougie. He's rocking Alternative, The Rods, The Morning.
Speaker 9: Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 19: Fotified Pino, Cold Boos song call Him bry Cook, the phone Box of Cones, Screaming Boss Connor North, Siddy.
Speaker 6: Man Friday, He's free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, You got a free Man Friday, Free Bad Friday, Maam Friday, and Man Friday.
Speaker 1: Free Man Friday, Good morning, Rod Ryan show.
Speaker 2: Brother rod Yay, Alex P.
Speaker 11: What's up? Baby?
Speaker 1: Supper's up? Who's this? This is Jason? What kind of phone are you on? It's the best sounding phone of the year. Oh man, I'm on a cup in a string.
Speaker 3: It's so he's in the room right. It sounds like he's on like a home studio microphone. This phone sounds so good. Uh, he said, it's Jason, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, dude. Your call. He ten, you got the third case of beer today? Let's get it. Yeah, you got it, dude. Congratulations, what a way to end the week, first week of the year. How'd it go for you?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 1: I just moved into a new home, so this is going to help me afford it a little better. Congratulations man, So thank you? Did you did you buy? Are you renting?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: What's what's their situation? I built my first home. Nice man.
Speaker 3: It's the one thing that I have yet to do, and I don't know if I ever will. I can't even imagine like going through that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love my house. I didn't build it. Yeah, but it's really only like three cardboard boxes stacked under a bridge. But you're still built that bro sure is nicer than that. Jason. Congratulations, dude, thank you gentlemen. Would you ever build again?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Okay, that's.
Speaker 3: A high recommendation, Jason. Enjoy your beers, dude, have an awesome weekend, Happy New Year. Thanks for being a part of the show.
Speaker 1: I'll be thinking of you guys while I drink him. Yeah, thank you, thank you. Please do.
Speaker 3: Jason, everybody, Cloudy's guys. Ten percent chance of rain high forty six tomorrow. Ten percent chance of rain sunny fifty six. All right, nice, fifty percent chances some shower action on Sunday. Still hanging out in the mid fifties. Alex is pushing this whole quitter Day thing as a story. It is quitter Day, it is nys faction.
Speaker 1: I don't want that.
Speaker 3: I don't mind talking about it because then it makes me go the opposite direction to say, don't quit, don't quit. I just got this great email, and I'm gonna say it's Kenny Davis. Kenny Davis. I'm saying your first and last name on the air, Kenny Davis. Everyone that knows him, I want you to check in on him. He said, Rod Brother, Rod, my new year's resolution was to quit smoking vapes. I have not touched one since the thirty first. I feel better. I can taste better, I can breathe better.
Speaker 1: I am better. You got this.
Speaker 3: I emailed them back already. I'm like, Kenny, you got this, and I want to hear from you. I do want to hear from you. I want to encourage you.
Speaker 1: I'm that guy. I'm that guy, and I really really mean it from the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 3: If you're doing something to better yourself and you want to get better, and you want to quit something that you don't think is great for you, as long as you're doing something good for you, if you're working on that, share that stuff with us. Man A right, I think we can spend some more time on it next week. I was thinking more of like the halfway point of the you know, like January fifteenth or so. I thought, Okay, here we are midpoint, and then maybe we could check in with everybody at the end of the month too. Where are you at with your because you know, we didn't make it the whole year when we did this push up thing before, we didn't go the whole year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we made it a couple of months still better than not doing it.
Speaker 4: No pressure, no months, right right right, So kem today, you don't make it any months.
Speaker 3: Kenny Davis not vaped since the thirty first. Keep it going, bro, keep it going, bro.
Speaker 1: Great work. Okay, quick break. Let me come back at a rerect check for you.
Speaker 3: We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get get you some Pierced the Veil tickets Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Welcome back everybody. I'm gonna get to some of those.
Speaker 3: I got a pair of Pierce the Veil tickets for you coming up in just a moment. Cold this weekend, but on the overnight there's a chance of getting close to some freezing temperatures. When you mix it a little bit of that rain, I know people get a little nervous. So keep everything wrapped up, and keep the old people wrapped up, and your yalls wrapped up, and the kids and wrap up, wrap everything. Ten percent chance of rain today, cloudy. We'll get all the way up to around forty six. When it comes to our website, Fanny Friday is number one, looking at girls as number two, and then a lot of people jumped in on that three things you must see link today.
Speaker 4: Good things on there, good stuff for sure, But what is trending. TikTok is trending right now. Today's the day TikTok gets to present their argument in front of the Supreme Court as to why they think they should not be banned. If the platform does get banned, it'll go away January nineteenth. But TikTok's getting to present their case yesterday and everybody's talking about that. Also, what I saw trending today is Houston Rodeo. They did release their lineup last night. Reba McIntire's opening it up. Post Malone's another big name AJR, Cody Jinks, Parker McCollum, Brooks and Dunn Luke Bryan amongst many people.
Speaker 1: That we'll be playing at the Houston Radio this year. Great news for all those small town girls living in a lonely world.
Speaker 4: Exactly sure if you were the more a red rings fandar hurry for you. And then the LA fires just everywhere you look there's more people talking about the La fires. That's that's a very big thing that people are talking about today. But that's what's trending on night in the by the buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, Pierce the Veil June twelfth, got a pair of tickets for you right now now. Very active phones today too, man, it's good. It's making me even more excited about open phones Friday, next hour.
Speaker 1: But right now, specifically, you're calling for some tickets. Pierced to Veil. There, I can't hear you.
Speaker 3: Tour with Sleeping with Sirens and Beach Weather June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Win them from us seven one three two one two.
Speaker 3: Five nine five four five buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Breaking Benjamin, The Diary of Jane.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phones. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Hill the deal? What's the deal? Who am I talking to?
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 8: Jonathan Candles one before?
Speaker 2: But it's been a while, brother rod.
Speaker 3: Well, Brother Jonathan Cando. When was the last time you think you won something from us?
Speaker 8: It's been like years or two years?
Speaker 14: For years?
Speaker 9: Three years?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've won the second road tickets to the augy Osborn one year.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. Okay, so you want some cool stuff from us?
Speaker 2: Oh you're go to it in the city, brother.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Would you like to go see Pierce the Vale on June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, My my wife just told me to win that yesterday.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm gonna truge.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, dude, welcome back to the Winner Circle. Jonathan Cando, have a great time at that show, my man. Happy New Year to you. Okay, happy brother, thank you, Thank you so much, Jonathan. Hang on, Chili will set you up with those tickets.
Speaker 1: Well, the only giveaway I have left.
Speaker 3: It's a good one. It's a good one. It's Buzzfest tickets. We're gonna give those away on No the show.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: I didn't really plan on talking about all this resolution stuff, but Alex got me motivated over there with this National Quitter's Day. Yes, no quitters. I hate it. I hate hearing that. We know going into this year, we talked about it going into the year, and then coming back, we knew that it's not even close number one and number two and they just kind of flip flop, you know, every couple of years it's either you know, get healthy, lose weight, something in the health department, and then finances, you know, doing something better with your money.
Speaker 3: Those are the two biggest things that people go into the new year thinking, Okay, I'm gonna make a big change this year, whether it's dropping weight or just going to the gym more, exercising more, becoming more fit and then fiscally fit.
Speaker 1: I learned that from my friend Captain Cash.
Speaker 3: You could become physically fit, but you can also become fiscally fit. I'm like, oh, how clever the money guy. One third of Americans are trying to get their home organized. You hurt the guy's bag on me all the time about me being.
Speaker 1: Just this close to.
Speaker 3: Being hoarter tendencies. Again, over the holidays, I went to a house party. Where the fudge? Are you people keeping things in your kitchen? Where's the coffee pot? Where's the toaster oven?
Speaker 1: I go to this house, there's nothing in the kitchen, there's nothing on the counters. I love it, it's awesome, but are you putting it? Are you putting stuff away every day? Are you making a pot of coffee and then cleaning it and putting it in the cover. I can't stand it. I can't be like that. I want to be that way.
Speaker 3: My sister's house, I spend a lot of time at my sister's house, you would think that, you know, we're three years apart, we would be the same.
Speaker 1: Uh uh.
Speaker 3: My sister doesn't have a pile of junk mail. I shouldn't any kids. She doesn't have any animals, and that's key. What's the animal situation? What's the kid situation? Okay, but my sister's nothing like me. She doesn't want anything, she doesn't collect, she doesn't there's no clutter at her house at all.
Speaker 1: And you just walk into my house and it's just chaotic. It's cozy, but it's chaos.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like it's kaotic when I go there, but I feel like, yeah, when it's your house, you do feel like it's chaotic.
Speaker 1: Because this is this is how it normally is.
Speaker 3: One third of Americans are trying to get their home organized and start out the year clutter free. This goes with your quitting day. How long do you think you're going to stick with it? Average answer thirty eight days. That's very specific, all right. The average person says, right now, start to finish. And I'm not expecting anybody to do this, but it's just it's a finish line that it's just there is no finish line. It's a constant. It's a treadmill. It's like a maintaining yes do so. That means by February eighth, most of us will be back to socks on the floor, dishes in the sink, blah blah blahst acts of junk mail, paper everything. Okay, that's me paper when I might need this paper later.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: London's homework laying around. Really, I don't want it.
Speaker 4: You don't want to not be able to turn a homework in right, old homework already been greated.
Speaker 1: What if they ask for it again? I don't know. I like looking at it. Okay. Top three strategies to adopt this year. If you're trying to be clutter free organized on a regular basis, just don't do it. It's there, you go. You gotta do it every day. You got to do it every day.
Speaker 3: I swear to the six pound, eight ounce baby Jesus, I do a little organizing every day. I just maybe I don't do enough organizing, or it's just I'm so the deficit is too large.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I work every day in my house. Yeah yeah, I don't go home and sit down and watch Blue Bloods. I'm watching, I'm cleaning the house. It's a great Chile.
Speaker 4: Well he's got that again, all the great cinematography that you're missing, he's.
Speaker 3: Got Miss Christina. Only buying things you really need. Bingo, there's me.
Speaker 1: That's my brother. I tend to get some things I don't really need. And then fishing set that I haven't used. Yeah, have you gone magnet fishing yet?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: Once you acquired a magnet last year? And any thing on the banneck closet right now, is there anything on a calendar or any appointment, or is there anything hey by this day, go do.
Speaker 3: Some magnet fishing.
Speaker 1: Nope, nope, not yet.
Speaker 3: And then a better storage system. That's that is my toxic trait. I just took a new house just yesterday. I got in some new ways of storing all my Christmas ornaments, these big boxes with the individual things and all that. I think, Okay, this is gonna save my life. This is gonna be the spark. This is gonna be a spark.
Speaker 1: I get these organized and then I'm just gonna organize everything. I just can't do it.
Speaker 3: I'm just not good at it. I always I cannot believe how awful. I am organizing my life.
Speaker 1: I'm a d D, so I always get started.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm gonna, you know, I'm gonna clean out this closet, and then I get it all out, and then I get bored of it, and I'm like, I'm not gonna finish this today, and then it just sits there for four days in the way, and the next time I get to it, I don't care as much, so I just shove it all back in the closet and nothing really got done.
Speaker 1: But for a three day period, I'm like, I'm cleaning out a clo this is fine, here's what I need to do.
Speaker 3: I have like six Fourth of July paper plates, and then I've got like probably twenty five things giving paper plates, and I got these things. I don't throw anything away, or I could just eat off of fourth and July paper plates. This weekend, you should throw a party where it's just celebrating all the holidays.
Speaker 4: So like you can show up as a pilgrim, you can show up wearing a Christmas sweater, and you could show up in a costume for Halloween. But it's like whatever you got plates for, we're shown up with that. We shoot off fireworks. Fourth of July's out of the way, right there.
Speaker 1: Do that, But you don't want to like throw It's like this is this is perfectly a plates.
Speaker 3: I don't throw anything away, and I don't eat off of paper plates either. I eat off a regular plate.
Speaker 2: I know you do.
Speaker 1: That's why I brought that up. So maybe I'm gonna just.
Speaker 3: Get rid of those paper plates of the other holidays disch washing that you said, I guess, good luck if.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things.
Speaker 3: It didn't really come up with anybody, But it's just it's a part of my life that just sits there, and I don't even like talking about it because I suck at it.
Speaker 1: And then when I talk about when.
Speaker 3: I say it out loud, I realiz, is what a failure I am at it?
Speaker 1: Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die on the Buzz ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: The Buzz our close personal pals, Shine Down and Dead, don't Die.
Speaker 1: Good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to give you guys even more control over today's show as we do Open Phones Friday coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Did we discuss the week's gone by so quickly. It really has, really has. We're having so much fun. Ron that's what it is. Well, I was going to play into that too. I said, listen, if it was going horribly or if it was just if it just felt wrong or whatever, it would be dragging. And it's been really really going by fast.
Speaker 3: And I've said that every day, and we've kind of after we get off the air, every one of us said, wow, that was quick.
Speaker 1: That four hours went by fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, did I mention the posts that Justin put up over the holidays that like made my day, that made me so happy?
Speaker 1: I think, Okay, I'm gonna mention it again. I'll definitely do it again, just because I'm not sure. So we just played Shine Down. It was it was January first on the Blue October band Instagram. I don't know who ALYSSA. Pollock is.
Speaker 3: She must be like a record executive and she must work for Shinedown because she was at the twentieth anniversary party, so she must be involved with Shiningdown with the management or the record label or whatever. But they even called her out during the show.
Speaker 1: And they dedicated a song to her, so I knew that she was a big deal at the twentieth anniversary party. So she's in the picture.
Speaker 3: There's Zach, there's Brent, and there's our boy, there's Justin and these are Justin's words. Now there's four people in the picture. He says, there isn't a person in this business who I respect more than Alyssa who's in the picture and shinedown. They've worked so incredibly hard, and for that I thank them because they've allowed a lot of us to return to making rock music again. He's talking about this picture. Now, this was the highlight of my professional evenings this last year. Thank you Rod Ryan's show Radio Wizard for making this possible. Think about everything that Justin in Blue October did and this is Justin's words. Think about everything that Justin did, all the shows, everything that he said that the twentieth anniversary party was the highlight of his entire year. He's not gonna do that if it wasn't true. Yeah, he's not going to put the post out there. He's not trying to butter us up.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need to. They did. That was the best maybe concert I've ever been to.
Speaker 3: I'm not rubbing it in. If you didn't go, I'm just saying for him to feel that way and for him. I can't tell you how happy I was when I read that. I was just like, thank you man. It was it was a night to remember. I will never ever, ever, ever forget that evening. I will never forget that day. But for Justin to say that was his career highlight on the year. That guy does some cool stuff. He was in a movie last year. He was an actor last year, wasn't he might have been two years. They need to film it then, but he was released, like maybe, but he does a million things a year, so like, yeah, I love it. That's kick ass man.
Speaker 1: I love that guy. I just want to give him a hug next to me. See, oh and you will and hug. You were gonna smell amazing. I'm gonna have to talk to him. Oh been wearing his colone? Oh yeah, been wearing his cologne. Yeah, if he didn't know, Justin Furstenfeld, our friend. He's got his own smelled. Is it not called person smelled, it's.
Speaker 3: Not called first and smelled it.
Speaker 1: You should have got to him earlier. I think he's already got the packaging and everything already.
Speaker 3: They got to me the next line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got four different scents out there.
Speaker 3: He gave me like this sampler set and he said, tell me which one you like the best, then I'll get you a big bottle of it.
Speaker 1: So I got to get back to him.
Speaker 3: There is one that everyone My sister was still in town, everybody was around, so the kid, everybody's like going and smelling them all. They're like, this is the best one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got his own scent out there. I mean, yeah, he had a big year. I think that was a huge deal for him bringing it out. He said. The highlight of my professional career twenty twenty four was the twentieth Anniversary's part great, so great. Okay, if you're not following, I want to start it this year.
Speaker 3: I don't think you do like a big twenty first anniversary.
Speaker 1: It's like our twenty first birthday if you think about it.
Speaker 3: Well, we are doing Buzzfest this year. That's true, so that kind of that kind of took the place of not having a buz Fest last year. We do have a Busfest this year, and that's what we're gonna give away coming up Saturday, May twenty fourth. I'll just say this, I booked my hotel room yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh good call, I need to do that. I should have I should have told you off air so that year.
Speaker 3: Sorry dude, I booked my hotel room just yesterday because someone else told me they booked their hotel room.
Speaker 1: So thank you guys. These emails I read them a lot of times. It's reminders for things like when.
Speaker 4: You book that makes it real, and it's like, I know the Busfest is real, it's going to happen, but it's like.
Speaker 1: I got a hotel now, it's really real.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I just get the hotel room, stay up there, do the whole thing party in the Woodlands. I've got Buzzfest tickets for you on I know the show is coming up. Oh geez, no, the show's not coming up to the end of the show, but I've got to take a break because we got to do a whole hour of open phones before that.
Speaker 1: Rock and Alternative US The.
Speaker 9: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. I still got a case of beer left for you, don't worry. So great to have Specs on board with us again for another year. So that means we're locked into free Beer Friday all year.
Speaker 1: Long, which is nice. Give away that beer and then hear from you.
Speaker 3: What do you guys have to say?
Speaker 1: First open phones of the year. It's great.
Speaker 3: Then, like I said, I'll leave you with Buzzfest tickets before we get out of here, and then we'll turn you loose.
Speaker 1: Who's got six picks? I'll take it. I'll take it this weekend. Okay, sure, add one more hat to the hat collection.
Speaker 3: Okay, this guy wants to do it all, including Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: What you got well, good morning everyone. The Houston Rodeo announced his lineup last night. Reba McIntyre is going to open things up on March fourth. It'll close with Luke Bryan on March twenty third. Some mother highlights include Journey Post, Molan Bunbee, Brad Paisley, John Party, Dirks and Bentley. Were Brooks and Dunn not Dirk. Bentley's a guy, Brooks and Dunn. I didn't write that down, but oops, but yeah, there's tons of guys. There's a music music blog page today you can go see the full Rodeo lineup. Shaboozi unfortunately did not make the cut but could come on with post maloner bumby.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm referring to every country artist with an and in the middle now, Dirkson, Bentley, Stony and LaRue, Parker and McCollum, Chris and Stapleton, Morgan and Walen.
Speaker 1: Thanks for rooting that for me. I think I might have improved country music right there. A winter weather.
Speaker 4: Storm in North Texas brought us widespread rain and wind. Overnight temperatures are expected to hover around the thirties for most of the day before they climbed to the forties later tonight.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like.
Speaker 4: We've got much of a chance of any sort of freeze, but it's always good to exercise caution while out on the roads. Tay, bring your your pets, plants, and old people inside, keep them warm, keep them wrapped, keep those pipes wrapped if you still got them wrapped.
Speaker 1: But you know, just exercise that extra caution because it's a little different. People don't know what to do, and it's cold. It's nice. It's like forty degrees out there right now. I know it's really cloudy and everything. I'm just trying to look to see when we're gonna get a real chances from rain cold rain.
Speaker 4: When I was walking my dog last night and then this morning. Last night specifically was miserable.
Speaker 1: Oh I almost had to kick voo they to get aroundside. She is like, I open the door, might go. It's like I'm not going. It's raining, no matter. I'm like, you're a dog. You come from wolves.
Speaker 4: Yeah you should be outside that. Wolves loved this. But then with Weezy. Weezy has long hair, so I got to bring the bring her in like blow dryer. Oh geez, that takes an extra fifteen minutes after that. But yeah, exercise some caution. There is zero wolf left in my dog.
Speaker 1: None. None.
Speaker 4: A new study has found that people are significantly more likely to be irritable, angry, and annoyed when they consume social media, or the more that they consume social media. Harvard Medical School collected data on adults eighteen and older and found that regular people that regularly use those apps like Facebook, x, Instagram, TikTok, blue sky if that's still a thing. They said that those people that were on it for most of the day scored three times higher on the irritability score than those people that said they rarely or never use social media.
Speaker 3: I think it was a friend off frond off friend on friend off ELI. He said, he's not doing social media in the morning. He said, he just like wants to just start his day with a clear head. And it's just it's very specific, you know. It's one thing again, you know, I like to qualify things. Okay, you want to you want to cut down on your social media, you know, I think you're setting yourself up for failure when you do a resolution like that. I like the fact friend don right now. I like the fact that he had something, he had a plan. He's like, no, specifically, I don't want to start my day with that stuff. He's not going to quit social media. It's a part of our lives, you know, and he does it, and he does it well. He's good at it a lot of times. He's good at it.
Speaker 1: Right, But he said, I'm not going to do that in the morning. I said, that sounds like a great plan, he said, so far, so good.
Speaker 4: I've always wanted to just not look at it at all until like I get like, at least I am at work or whatever.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and never make it mast though, Well, did anybody tweet me over night? Let me check I have a quarter appointed app that I use with my ex wife.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't look at that in the morning. That's good, look at it after the show. Look, I don't even carry this with me. Okay, I see there's a little notifier there.
Speaker 3: I was like, uh uh ten o one also just to be a devil's advocate.
Speaker 4: Though the study doesn't necessarily prove causality, so it could also mean that just irritable people like social media more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can be more irritated by it.
Speaker 4: And I think a lot of people do scroll to find something to get mad about, so that that's another way to look at it, to go touch grass, Yeah, touch some grass.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Did you know that there are only two actors that were born after nineteen ninety to have ever won Oscars.
Speaker 1: I know this now because you talked about it earlier, and I should have gotten Jennifer Lawrence, right, I forget how young she is.
Speaker 3: I forgot she won it for Silver Slightning Place. Yeah she's a badass actress.
Speaker 1: Yeah she does rock. But the other one I don't know. Jennifer Lawrence won it for Silver Linings in twenty.
Speaker 4: Twelve, and then Arianna Debo's won it for a West Side Story in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: We're not big musical fans, so I guess that's probably why that.
Speaker 4: Could very well change this year because Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, and Timothy Shalamett are among many born after nineteen ninety that should be receiving nominations this year. Oscars are going to announce their nominees next Sunday.
Speaker 1: In music news, the.
Speaker 4: White Stripes are releasing a reissue of their fifth album, Get Behind Me Satan. The twentieth anniversary album is also going to come with some songwriting demos, live versions of those tracks, and alternate tracks as well. It'll be available on vinyl through a subscription service. To get it, you gotta sign up by January thirty. First, those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 3: All right, every time you go into sports, I want to crack a beer right now, I just want to crack a beer.
Speaker 1: Maybe we do that. That's a new thing. No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: Come on, just just for the playoffs, but Saturday and Sunday. I've got just a I got just a little bit. My whole goal was to get every single thing Christmas out of sight. I'm almost there. I just want to enjoy this football game. It's I just want to enjoy this game. I don't want to do anything. I want to focus Texans Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: What time Texans kick it off? They're the opening ceremonies of the playoffs. Super Wildcard Weekend, we'll call it. They'll kick things off at three thirty tomorrow. Texans are three point underdogs to the Chargers and you can watch that game on CBS. Some other wild Card games this Super Wildcard Weekend. Tomorrow night at seven, Steelers at Ravens. That's the prime video game than Sunday at noon, your Bills play the Broncos. At three thirty, the Eagles take on the Packers. At seven will be Buccaneers and the Commanders. And then on Monday night we get the Vikings at the Rams. That game was relocated to Arizona because of the LA wildfires. So we've had football Thursday, College football, Friday, NFL Saturday, Sunday, Monday. What a time to be alive. You truly are living in the best of times. But yeah, into college football. Notre Dame heading to the National Championship Game. They got by Penn State twenty seven to twenty four. Last night in the Orange Bowl, Penn State's quarterback drew a laire through an interception with thirty three seconds left in the game. Notre Dame then went down and kicked a game winning field goal because of it. So Notre Dame is gonna take on the winner of tonight's game between Texas and Ohio State and the Cotton Bowl. Ohio State's a six point favorite in that one. That'll kick off at six thirty. You can watch out ESPN. The National Championship game is going to be Monday, January twentieth in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: What happens to that kid that throw that interception? Was he a guy that was going into the pros or anything like that. Probably not.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's going to the pros this year, May after next year. But he definitely made the right decision on that. I think that he's going to get a lot of hate from it. Their cornerback number one got absolutely burnt on a on the game tying touchdown, okay before that, so I think that, like, yes, he did not need to throw that ball. He could have just gone to overtime. He was trying to make a play. I understand, dumb play, but the guy before that just whiffed. Your job as a corner is to make sure the guy doesn't go thirty plus yards and score a touchdown, and he did not do that.
Speaker 1: If he doesn't do that, drewe layers taking a knee.
Speaker 3: But you think that kid's coming back to play next year, He's definitely coming back to play. Okay, well good and he'll he'pe he about hellbouts back probably basketball News.
Speaker 1: Rockets got another win last night.
Speaker 4: They beat the Grizzlies one nineteen to one fifteen alpha and shangon at thirty two points of the night to lead all players and scoring. Rockets took or to have a day off before playing the Hawks tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports of buzz rock and all tearing.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten Am, Bam.
Speaker 6: Friday, Damnam Friday.
Speaker 1: He got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: He got a free man Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Right Friday.
Speaker 3: Friday Friday, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Who's this Casey? Happy New Year.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that to people next week, so you're getting one of my last ones. Happy New Year, Casey, Thank you your colored ten all right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna give you the fourth and final case of beers. We turn you loose.
Speaker 3: Everyone's excited here, great football games, just great weekend.
Speaker 1: Just the weekend. I get excited about the weekend to begin with, and then these games that are going to be happening this weekend? Are you kidding me? Right now? Casey, have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 3: Enjoy your beers on us. Okay, I appreciate you, dude, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Shelley, set that man up. Okay, it's nine oh seven. I want to get right into it here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that music. Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Friday, more like open phones fried Yay, all right, let's go right over to the phones. It looks like chili was able to flip people. A couple of people already not calling for beer. J D one of our all time favorite truck drivers. Happy new Year, my friend, Happy near all y'all.
Speaker 2: Man started the new year off just right with Nick John Robington.
Speaker 1: You got a new game.
Speaker 5: You're part of the country, Rod.
Speaker 1: You're driving for a new company.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you say in my parkroad, where are you driving?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Where are you right now?
Speaker 5: I am in Indiana on Highway thirty going towards still in Ohio.
Speaker 3: What's the temperature outside where you're driving.
Speaker 2: Twenty something?
Speaker 1: Snow? No, No, it's just no snow or ground. That's a good Well, dude, I know you're a big Texans fan. What do you got?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: I figured, look, when did it win them?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: And we have every chance in the world to be Kansas City?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Please beat Kansas City. I'm telling you, I like I'm already.
Speaker 3: It's it's a fact. I'm a Texans fan. There's no doubt about it. Okay, if it comes down to Texans bills, we're gonna have a problem. But when the Texans win and probably play the Kansas City Chiefs, I will be the biggest.
Speaker 1: I will be a bigger Texan fan than Chile I will. I promise you.
Speaker 4: You think that.
Speaker 1: Do you think the Texans can beat the Chiefs?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not looking past the Chargers, but man, I hope you're right. You got one o the things. What's the one other thing? I wonder what that could be?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: You go, let's go. Yeah, that's that first one in the air. Thank you, j Dan. I'll sell to Sean. Oh, this is no buddy Sean.
Speaker 3: Is this Sean from West Houston Muscle who puts together the Boos Rock Car Show every year for us hardest working.
Speaker 1: Man out there, I mean a hustler.
Speaker 3: He's got his entertainment reports, he's got everything. Sean, Happy New Year, Good.
Speaker 17: Morning fellows, a happy twenty experience.
Speaker 5: Five.
Speaker 2: It's great to hear y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you have time to call us, dude, with all the stuff that you've got going on.
Speaker 1: You've got a big event coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I just wanted to take a moment to wish all our amazing West seas and Muscle Club members a very happy sixteenth anniversary and just let everyone know that we're kicking off the new year with our first car show of the year next Stary the eight Sees at the shop Clup Houston, right in Willobrook.
Speaker 3: How many if you're doing your first one coming up, and I know that you're working with us in October? How many car shows are you guys pulling off a year?
Speaker 17: So we're actually gonna do two a month because we're also the host of the Katie Cars and Coffee at Current Church for the last starty of the month. So we're doing at least two events a month at least.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to retire. I just go sit around and sean leggings.
Speaker 3: Maybe just just just spend the money, go buy the vet, get a cabby hat and a satin jacket, and then just show a bunch of guys drinking coffee, rubbing our rubbing our corvettes with a diaper and a parking lot, just talking.
Speaker 2: Anything you want, rotting to come on out.
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter what you're dropping, you know that.
Speaker 1: And then tell me about the on the entertainment front, the nerd Trumpolis stuff.
Speaker 17: I'll tell you though, real quick. I just flew into LA and flew right back. I was supposed to be there for a lot of things, especially the Critics' Choice Award, and I just got to tell y'all it was bad out there, man, and I wanted to then, you know, take a moment send love and support from all of us in Texas to the residents in LA that are like Valley the stat and overwhelming or deal.
Speaker 1: So did you fly into Los Angeles?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did earlier in the.
Speaker 17: Week, and I flew right back.
Speaker 2: I just took the next flight out.
Speaker 1: It was that bad.
Speaker 17: We can smell the smoke coming in and everything was obviously old, and yeah, I just felt bad for everyone over there. And you know, us textants know how it's like to deal with such craziness. But the first responders and firefighters and everyone on the ground are putting their lives at risk, and for texting everyone, they're true heroes.
Speaker 3: Well, Sean, happy New Year to you, your family and everybody. I love everyone, I really do, so thank you very much, and keep us posts. I look forward to keeping track of what you got going on this year.
Speaker 10: Just like that.
Speaker 3: I've already got to take a quick break when we come back, got a rec check for you. We've got aol Alex online, and then we'll get right back over to the phone.
Speaker 1: So if you're on hold, stay right there. I'm coming to you after the break.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all Day and the Rock Ryan Morning shows do Alternative.
Speaker 3: Bet you're ass we are, Yeah, buddy, Sorry, I'm really feeling aggressive right now.
Speaker 1: Sober Fast Friday, it was supposed to be aggressive. Okay, welcome back, everybody. Let's get right after it. Alex, you got a online, It's Alix Online nine the Muss. You got something today here? I sure do you? Bude? Come on Today's day. Well, you're gonna be.
Speaker 4: Looking at some celebrity face morphs. These look like most of the celebrities from the Golden Globes. I I'm taking away from Today's AOL and they basically just put two or three people's faces together.
Speaker 1: Your job is to be able to decipher, like it's so and.
Speaker 4: Those eyes, so and so's face, so and so's body, so and so's chen, so and so's heads.
Speaker 3: I low key love this. I just don't know a lot of the younger actors names. Yeah, that's where I get all short. You'll get some of them wrong. If they would just use Robert de Niro and Al Pacino, just do the things.
Speaker 1: I already know. Geez. Yeah, we'll go check it out.
Speaker 4: See if you can figure out these celebrity face morphs with the world famous Ride Ryan Show page the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Here in live it's Open Phones Friday. All right, let's go. I'm gonna hit all these calls. If you're on hold, I'm coming to you. Darryl.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, brother Darryl. Welcome to Open Phones Friday. Happy New Year, What you got Nothing.
Speaker 15: I just wanted to let you guys know, longtime listener.
Speaker 1: I've been listening since I was up five thanks probably.
Speaker 15: Six twenty five now, been going to buzz Fest since I was thirty. I'm excited this year. Y'all got Evan's Blue coming. They haven't been torn for a while now, so me and my best friend have been trying to see them for the last two years to see if they.
Speaker 5: Do have anything around here.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to.
Speaker 15: Ask, Yeah, do you think the side stage is ever coming back?
Speaker 1: You're not gonna like my answer because I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, no, no, it's not the sheer volume of bands that we used to get and what was at our disposal and bands that Yeah, I don't have time to explain the economics of all the stuff. I mean, obviously it's money economy, but there's just so much. There's just so many bands that are just constantly out touring. It wasn't always like that, and bands are doing their own thing. If you think about those early days of Buzzfest too, they're like social media wasn't around and all of that.
Speaker 1: Boy they needed they needed to just shoot us.
Speaker 3: Five hundred bucks. Okay, so we can pay our crew and we'll play the side stage.
Speaker 1: It's not like that anym. Yeah, it's just not like that anymore. So I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I don't. I don't see that ever coming back. We miss it to the Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 13: Was gonna say.
Speaker 15: I know twenty seventeen Pod was on that side stage and that was one of the craziest, uh, you know, performances I had seen. I got, I was crowdsurfing, there was mostits everywhere. You know, New New Politics was over there. They were amazing on that stage.
Speaker 1: They sure were.
Speaker 3: But when you think of bands like Shine Down and Pop a Roach on the side stage when they were nobody knew who they were sei the side stage.
Speaker 1: The side stages is always cool too.
Speaker 4: I remember the Struts played and it was just because it was fenced in, so it was kind of.
Speaker 1: It just was packed. That's when we moved it to the back end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we did that that year was like Hollywood Atlas Juniors Struts, But.
Speaker 1: Like that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: But og buzz festers like Daryl will remember that where we did the broadcast from that used to be the side stage. When you get the interview stage, that was the side stage. So yeah, all right, thank you, Daryl. Look forward to partying with you out there.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Yes, sir, thank you, and thanks for kenn On Evans Blue Man.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know everyone's talking about all these big bands and stuff, and I keep talking. I won't shut up about Marilyn Manson, but Evans Blue is killer man, their killer Josh Tree.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year, Happy New Year, guys.
Speaker 1: Are you my brother?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: How are you all doing?
Speaker 3: Wonderful good to hear from you. I know you're a huge Texas fan. I know you got your you got the Chargers in your crosshairs. How excited are you about this game?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Pretty excited. We're all going to get together, have a party and we's just win.
Speaker 1: What are you eating tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I'll probably be barbecue and some ribs and I don't know what else. I got a bunch of deer sausage.
Speaker 1: I came into ownership of a handbone, Oh did.
Speaker 3: I'll I'll leave it at that. I came into ownership of a hamdbone. Okay, I'm like, what are you gonna do with that I'll take that. I'm gonna make fifteen bean soup. Yeah, I'm gonna make fifteen bean soup with a hambone.
Speaker 1: With the exactly fifteen beans. What you buy the kit, you buy, you buy a bag, they put the proper ratio, can make seventeen bean soup. Josha, All right, what I'll think.
Speaker 5: I'll pull up there and I'll pull up there and gifts up on Monday, have me a bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex, that is j that is genius. I am going to find two more beans that are not in the kit, and I'm gonna make seventeen beans soup fifteen. Patrick Mahons, Oh okay, yeah you can't. I'm not making fifteen bean soup. Okay, thank you for that. Good for you body.
Speaker 3: Happy tow year, Josh Sreet August, your next up, Good morning, August, Good morning, Hey, Happy new Year.
Speaker 1: What you got for open phones? Happy new Year?
Speaker 12: Just hop in say Happy New Year to everyone. Today was my birthday and I was so sure I was going to get in on free Beer Friday and give me some beer.
Speaker 1: For my birthday.
Speaker 3: I couldn't quite pull it out of the hat, and I was like, I just got to call in anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna play with the exact words that you used. Today. Was my birthday? Like it's over? It's it's over. It's like, yeah, it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I only celebrate my birthday till nine twenty seven and then that's it. No more mention. Really, I can I ask you how old you are? August forty forty years old? So is that on a Friday? That's a good day? Is that a milestone one for you? Is it something big plans tonight? Forty is a forty forty? Really, you're down over the hill number. You're not down, You're down playing the forty.
Speaker 3: I'm down playing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll get happy and hoppy when I get to fifty maybe, Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, fair enough, Hey, happy fortieth It is a big deal. August, Happy birthday?
Speaker 11: Did all right?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: I have good Thank you? August? Is he good morning?
Speaker 5: What's up? We're curb brother?
Speaker 14: Rod?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Is he happy? Open phones? Friday? Which you got for us?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm just stoked about bussafs man.
Speaker 3: What what band has got you cracked? What band are you most excited about?
Speaker 5: Actually? I want to go see Midland man. Saying I hadn't seen him live before.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so good good Okay, I had to say.
Speaker 5: Agree, I'm taking my son, UBIVI to his first bus Fest.
Speaker 1: Okay, remind me I couldn't read your kid's handwriting. What the heck happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: This was at the twentieth anniversary party, and I know it now. It's all coming back to me. We were at uh, maybe we were at Porky's. That's right, that's right, which I need if Porky's is listening, was that new Caney? It's some at Okay, I want to go back there, and I hope somebody's listening.
Speaker 1: Please invite us to go back there and party. We had so much fun. I'm reading is his son's handwriting, and I'm like, Oobi Doobi, Scooby dooby doo. I cannot read this.
Speaker 17: I go.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to miss out on these tickets.
Speaker 3: And nobody was coming forward for the longest time, and I hung in there for a long time, and then your son finally stepped forward, So I wasn't he Actually.
Speaker 5: I won from Jeremy pick your tickets, and I picked Busvest tickets, so I'm taking him to his first bus vest.
Speaker 1: That is amazing, dude, that is so awesome. He's how old is he?
Speaker 5: He's eighteen? He just turned eighteen.
Speaker 3: He's eighteen and not been to a buzzfest yet. That's huge, dude.
Speaker 1: No, here's not.
Speaker 3: Guys have the best time and I look forward to seeing you guys out there. That's another line open. It's another line open. It's open phones Friday. What's the number that.
Speaker 1: Everyone uses?
Speaker 9: One person?
Speaker 1: And I don't know what happened. That's weird. I don't know what that was. Where's that voice coming from? I don't know. It's a missed computer app.
Speaker 3: I went to go hit stained and I just heard some weird voice on the air.
Speaker 1: Oh well the panics. Hey, that's another line open. Seven one three, two two five four five. It's open phones Friday. Which strange voices? It's all right, it's Friday. It's buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz. Good morning, Rot Ryan Show. That's Stained lowist in me.
Speaker 1: Let's go, man, you guys are fired up today.
Speaker 3: It's open phones Friday. Adam the cop, how do we let this guy hold this long?
Speaker 1: Adam?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning brother Rod, your fresh out of Bed Head to Head twenty twenty four Champion, Take the Take the shot, Adam the Cop, Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 8: My friend happened to year?
Speaker 2: Brother Rod?
Speaker 1: You were you really? Monday we came back to work. It was the first show of the year. We go into the fresh out of bed.
Speaker 3: I make the announcement, I don't care if you're Adam the Cop or you've never played before, anyone doesn't matter what happened a couple weeks earlier.
Speaker 1: I'm starting from scratch. You sent me an email, you said, Brother Rod, I was caller one.
Speaker 8: That's sick, call it one.
Speaker 1: I was just like, I just knew it, Like animal, what you got going on for open phones?
Speaker 8: Well, I just wanted to drop it out there. Crossby Columbus Club is putting on their first ever.
Speaker 16: Chili and Not So Not Really Chili Cookoff on Saturday, February first, and we're trying to get people to come on out.
Speaker 8: I got a flyer made up with the QR code. I'll put it out on my X Adam the Cop t X, and I'll have y'all share it as well. Yes, looking to get people into the sign on up.
Speaker 16: Like I said, Chili and not soup chili not really chili because we know chili don't have beans.
Speaker 8: So in the debate, do you want to put beans in it?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 8: You put it in you're not really chili category.
Speaker 1: You guys got to chill out on this beans in chili thing, like I think you're at. You're at the point now where you've just heard it your whole life. If you just open your heart to beans and chili, I think you'd like it. I really do.
Speaker 16: And then I mean I personally don't mind it, but we have a not really chili category just for you beans.
Speaker 1: Fair enough.
Speaker 8: Look, I know everybody wants to beat me on fresh out of bed. You're not doing it. Maybe take a chance on beating me at cooking. I doubt you can do that too, but hey, it's quit the shot, Come.
Speaker 11: On, sign up.
Speaker 3: Guy wants to take first place and everything. All right, he's our number one hog hunter too on the show.
Speaker 1: All right, Adam, send me that information and send it to Chile and he'll get it out there.
Speaker 15: Robbie call it morning, mister Rod.
Speaker 1: That's my guy. Robbie call her number ten. Happy new year, my friend, Happy new.
Speaker 19: Year to you two.
Speaker 5: I hope he had great holidays.
Speaker 20: I got the Texas by three, and the offense has to step up a little bit more to protect. But Mix is going to run the ball, which is gonna have CJ a little bit more time, and the defense is really good right now.
Speaker 3: I like the fact that you're keeping it a game because I think you're right. I don't think this is an easy game for either ten.
Speaker 1: Harv harvall is a gamer. He's has the way to do. He's a super Bowl winning coach, super Bowl going to his brother. His brother was a national championship current. Okay, yeah, so yeah, you've got a guy that knows what he's doing. Coaches matter.
Speaker 3: That's where that to be honest, I'll be honest with you right now, my biggest fear going into the playoffs for the Buffalo Bills is not all the faith in the world and Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: It's my coach. Okay, I don't have a Super Bowl coach. Guess what I'm playing. If my trajectory is Denver, which we know, and then Baltimore and then Kansas City, that's all super Bowl coaches that Ken Sean McDermott. Ken Sean McDermott bet three Super Bowl coaches. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I like the fact that you're keeping this Texans game close because it's going.
Speaker 1: To be close.
Speaker 20: And Evans blue, I've seen them with Hailstorm and shine Down. I tried to get you to drink beer with me, but you had just got engaged and you had things that you had to do on stage to announce stuff.
Speaker 1: I turned on. A beer doesn't sound like me? You sure it was weird? Listen as it is. He's always cracking a beer. That sounds just as nice as those truck horns. When Robbie cracks a beer in the morning, it's just like a truck horn for me. It's like, yes, what you said something about.
Speaker 20: Cracking beers every time he's talk a sport.
Speaker 1: I love it, Robbie. Happy New Year, Bro, Happy.
Speaker 20: New year, y'all have a great one.
Speaker 3: Thank you, dude.
Speaker 20: I'm trying to get.
Speaker 1: Through for more beer, all right, Love you, bro. Mean it when I said love you too.
Speaker 20: Y'all have a great one, all.
Speaker 1: Right, dude, thank you. How great is that guy? How great is that guy? Did Lune? Good morning, Good morning, Happy New Year, y'all. Happy New year, Louanne. What you got over there?
Speaker 14: Well, I mentioned to Chili, I'm taking a lead and I'm going to get my blood work today to donate a kidney. Hopefully they accept me.
Speaker 3: Now, are you just throwing your kidney out there to the void in case something because you know someone's gonna need it, or do you have somebody specific because I don't think you can choose who gets your kidney.
Speaker 14: Right, No, I'm just throwing it out there. But they have a plant where you get a voucher, so if somebody in your family actually needs one later, they get on the tops the list, so that is not even an issue anymore.
Speaker 1: Why are you so great, lun Why are you so awesome?
Speaker 14: I mean I'm getting all I don't need two of them.
Speaker 1: Man, do you need to pick which kidney?
Speaker 14: Okay, I don't know, take my last because I'm right handed, not that it matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm you know my dad, My dad.
Speaker 14: Didn't get his in time. He actually passed away during dialysis. I'm doing that, but it only makes sense.
Speaker 1: Wow, So you're going to get blood work when today?
Speaker 14: Today, I'm taking my car to get breaks. So as soon as my my car's back, I'm going to Quest Diagnostic. That's where they have me going.
Speaker 3: Would you mind checking back in with us next week. I'm just curious how this whole process went, because I want to get it out there that people other people can do this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you the win. You're awesome. You are awesome. Steven, You're next up on open phones. Good morning, Stephen, Steven.
Speaker 18: Oh is this me?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 13: Hey, y I.
Speaker 2: Talk to you.
Speaker 1: Great to have you on Steven. Hello, Hello Steven. Hello.
Speaker 3: Oh he dropped. I promise you I didn't drop him. I wanted to Stephen call me back. I'll get your back. I'll get you back.
Speaker 1: On the other Oscar Colin, this is a fresh out of bed. Hey, hey man, what's up? How are you?
Speaker 2: Hey Man, how y'all doing bach You're the guy.
Speaker 1: You're the guy that was screaming at me in the Kroger parking lot the other last week.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, Sorry, man, I didn't want to sound like a creeper whatever man is, dude, I was a starry struck bro. I'm like, man, I've always wanted to meet you.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, because I've met Chili before, but I've never met you know, the rest of the crew.
Speaker 3: Now like, yeah, I just listen, no apologies, and I hope we get the pick and we get a chance to meet. I remember correctly. I mean I was walking in the Kruger. I don't mind stopping and taking a picture. But you had some kids and your wife in the car. Maybe right you needed to get back to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got eight I got an eight month pregnant wife and she was waiting to me and Kroger. I just had to go get a couple of stuff in that just happened to see you. And then I had my two. I had my five year old and my three year old. Fire about that's all right?
Speaker 3: We got a dumpy on that word. Uh listen, I know you're excited. Thank you, Oscar. Next time, let's get that pick together.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, oh hey, real quick. I do like being to my in my chili. I like kidney bean.
Speaker 1: Are you born and raised here?
Speaker 2: Born and raised in Texas? Houston, Texas.
Speaker 3: Man, it's to the point where it's nonsense. If you're allergic to beans, I'm gonna give you a pass. But the other guys that are just dying on that hill that you absolutely will not accept beans in your chili.
Speaker 1: Let it go, let it go. Thank you, Oscar.
Speaker 2: You have a good man.
Speaker 1: I show.
Speaker 2: I've been listening for ten years. Man, this this this year makes years.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, dude, thank you for all those years. All right, that's uh, that's Oscar. He got a little excited.
Speaker 1: It happens. What what did you just say say it happens. I thought you happened. I thought you swore to it can't okay, nobody can wait a dump out of Oscar. So if it sounded like something was missing there, that was a curse word. Uh, that's it. Thanks, great job, even Oscar. Great, it was awesome.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 3: On the flip of this break, Alex is gonna ask you a question about something that was said, done, proposed mentioned something.
Speaker 1: Know the show coming up and the Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show, Come on.
Speaker 1: Time for know the show. We're giving away tickets to go see Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: You know that's the show that has Evan's Blue. Everyone's excited about them. Huh Pod Blue October Marilyn Manson, Chavelle.
Speaker 1: Sleep Theory.
Speaker 3: Sorry, tickets around sale now at ticketmaster dot com. We're gonna be partying on May twenty fourth out of the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: I got my hotel room yesterday. I'm gonna do it this weekend. Do it before it sells out?
Speaker 2: To it?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? Tell anybody all right, I won't say it anymore, Okay, know the show? What's your question?
Speaker 4: Well, the rodeo lineup was announced last night, and Rod and I were so confident that one particular artist was going to be on the lineup. That artist did not make the cut on the lineup. What artists were we upset was not on the radio lineup this year?
Speaker 3: Seven one, three, two, win two five, nine four five. If you know the show, you're joining us at Buzzfast.
Speaker 1: Hey Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, Getting.
Speaker 10: Ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeartRadio, Houston's Rock and Alzerative.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz rid Ryan Show at nine fifty five, Getting ready to wrap all things up. Free Beer Friday, Fanny Friday, Open Phones Friday. There's one more, very very important phone call to take.
Speaker 1: He is now time for I Know this show? On ninety four five The buzz La La La La La La La La La La La La La La.
Speaker 9: La La la la la La.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's this Dakota? Welcome to the show, Dakota. How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm good, brother rad?
Speaker 1: How are you great? Have you been to Buzzfest before?
Speaker 5: I have not?
Speaker 3: Ooh, you should be hungry, then you should be starving.
Speaker 1: You should be starving. You need to eat. Let's see if we can feed you. What's your question?
Speaker 4: Our question today is the Rodeo lineup came out last night. Rod and I were I want to say, we said one hundred percent certain this artist was going to be on the lineup.
Speaker 1: This artist was not on the lineup. Who is it? I was with you guys in Shaboozi. Yep, all right, travesty Dakota is not there. You're going to your first Buzzfest scratching my bald head? How's that's even possible?
Speaker 3: But you're in, dude, So Saturday twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion, My guy, you're in.
Speaker 1: I'm in.
Speaker 5: I will see you guys there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, all right, Dakota, have a great weekend, my friend.
Speaker 8: Super so you guys too.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: There's still a chance that post wlone brings him out as a guest.
Speaker 4: Or on the On the Trill Day, you know, and yeah, maybe some cancels and then they're just like, oh, by the way, it's just boozy.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I talk about how much I love this song. Does this guy have enough music for a whole set?
Speaker 1: Probably not. I don't know. He plays live, doesn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does things like where he goes out and plays three four songs. Yeah, so he would definitely be featured on something.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. This might be his tenth album. I don't know. I don't know anything. Yeah, I have no idea. All right, let's go. I could have used a little more cowbell. You gonna want that cow bell.
Speaker 4: I gotta have more cow bell, Baby, I gott a fever and the only prescriptions more cow bell.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it. That is gonna do it for us.
Speaker 3: We gotta go have a great weekend, everybody. Thank you for this week. Alex, great job this week.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm asking well, but I'm asking a lot of you, and I'm asking a lot of chili. Everybody's kind of like stepping up and doing more in the interim and uh.
Speaker 1: I mean reviews. I do read some of that stuff. I read what people are saying on different comments on different social media platforms.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna get somebody in here. But man, this week one part really quick. I didn't feel like it was uncomfortable. I didn't feel like there was any weird awkwardness on the show, like, uh, we've worked together for a while, yes, And that's where we sat down with Wizard yesterday and I asked him. I'm like, okay, well, I know you're not going to sugarcoat anything.
Speaker 1: Here'sing Alex sucks anyways, what's next? He's like, we need to really step it up on this co host. Then all right, you got six picks over the week. Just six picks, chili.
Speaker 3: Have you seen anything as far as any fun things that you know has uh? Has the Fun Squad gotten you? I know we're gonna give away more Monster Jam tickets next week.
Speaker 1: I would cool down on.
Speaker 18: The Munstag Jam because you've been giving them out like it's goodman, cheese bro.
Speaker 1: I know I've been giving away too many.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so I don't know. I haven't gotten the email from the Fun squad yet. But okay, I still got to go ask for the extra tickets that you gave away.
Speaker 3: I know I screwed up twice this week extra tickets.
Speaker 18: But everything's good. Okay, we're hanging out watching Texans.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Is this game so important that you just want to be on your couch and watch it you don't want any distractions?
Speaker 1: Or do you go out and watch it somewhere? What are you doing? Because you said you're not going to the game, right.
Speaker 18: No, yeah, I'm not going to the game because tomorrow I'm gonna be out from twelve pm to two pm with the.
Speaker 1: With the backyard butchers.
Speaker 18: Okay, I'm going to be out in Rosenberg at the tractor supply location in Rosenberg. And then Sunday I'll be doing the same thing from twelve to two with a backyard butchers at the tractor supply in Pasadena.
Speaker 1: Oh awesome. Yeah, I would be working those two days and working.
Speaker 18: You know, New Year knew me gotta make that money and got got puppies that gotta eat.
Speaker 3: All right, So after you're done selling steaks, what do you go home? Or are you gonna Now that you're out, you're off campus.
Speaker 1: Do you stay out?
Speaker 18: Oh, I'm gonna see how many steaks I can get from there, and then I'm gonna go home and grill those steaks and watch the Texans.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so you want to be on your couch watching that?
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, especially Sunday, because Sundays like my get mentally ready for Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, get ready to go back work with Rod day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stressful stress. Everyone have a great weekend. Go Texans, Go Bills, and I get you t you t Hell Come Horns. Yeah, I'll rooting for you.
Speaker 1: Can go Packers to f the Eagles. Have a great weekend. Everybody stick around, man, Jeremy's up next.
Speaker 14: Hey m f.
Speaker 1: Well wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 20: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.