Speaker 1: God Well.
Speaker 2: Channeling his dinner Clurk get them dives makes the cat backhand signed Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanta take your shot. We're waiting for you. Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La. Come get it. If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: I do it.
Speaker 6: Bist overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 3: Fans can line up to kiss our ring.
Speaker 7: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck Helpe, you're well on this Wednesday afternoon. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on the road in Miami at twenty four and twelve on this season. After a tough extra Indians walk off loss of the Marlins last night, the Dodgers back at it today in the rubber game of this three game series in South Florida. The sun is out, the roof is open in Miami, landing mack on the mound for the blue first pitch is coming up at one forty coming up over the next hour here on Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck, you are gonna hear from our Dodger insider David Veasse. He'll go one on one with former Dodger former Marlin one Pierre will dive deeper in today's pitchy matchup. In the finale of this three game series, we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We got your Dodgers magical moment, your prize picks double play of the day, which has been on fire recently.
Speaker 3: You gotta get on board.
Speaker 2: Shortly, we'll head down to the field and visit with Kirsten Watson, and in just a few minutes we'll check in with Tim Neffert and Rick Monday out at the gallopin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night in Miami, the Dodgers got walked off by the Marlins. The Dodgers were four and oh in the season, looking to go five and zero against the Fish.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 2: It was Tony Gonsolin on the mount against Cal Quantrill and the Dodgers jumped out to the early one nothing lead things to Freddie Freeman's RBI single in the first. Dodgers led one nothing in the third, one out a runner on, Liam Hicks up at the plate for the Miami Marlins facing Tony Gonsolin.
Speaker 4: One out, one on the one to one pitch from Gonsolin and Hicks swings hits along. Tried to right this ball's headed back toward the wall. There is Pie has and he makes the catch, throwing back to first base.
Speaker 3: Double play from the wall.
Speaker 4: Oh, what a play by Andy pie Has. Heels it off the top of the outfield wall, comes down and doubles off Buyers. Incredible play, Absolutely terrific.
Speaker 2: Andy Pie has a ninety eight mile an hour fastball from the right field wall to get the runner at first, doubling up Dean Meyers to end the third. Indy, What a defensive play from Andy Pas. Dodgers up one to nothing to the bottom of the fifth, indied when Hicks homer to a two run shot that gave the Marlins a two to one lead. Then in the six show, Hey Otan you ever heard of him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A home run to right that tied the game at two, and then Freddie Freeman two batters later gave the Dodgers the lead again.
Speaker 4: Who Andres Gomez designated for assignment today and Freeman, Let's run high and deep to center field. That's Paul heading.
Speaker 3: Back to the wall. Let's got a honner. Freddie Freeman with a homer and.
Speaker 4: That gives the Dodgers a three to two lead. Home run number eight for Freddy and he now is the all time home run leader against the Marlins with forty two.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman continues to own the Marlins, Dodgers up three to two until they didn't lead anymore. The Marlins scored in the bottom of the half of the sixth two more runs to take the lead. The Dodgers would get a runback to tight in the seventh On the show, Hey Otani RBI double scoring Haysan Kim that tied the game at four to extra innings they went. The Dodgers failed to score in the top of the tenth, JP Fire heis in on in relief. He walked a batter, bases were loaded, a base hit from Sanchez and then Dodgers get walked off.
Speaker 3: By the Miami Marlins.
Speaker 2: Five four is the final tough luff, tough loss for the Boys in Blue, who fall to twenty four and twelve on this season, but they're back at it this afternoon in the series finale before they head to Arizona for a four game set. Landon Knack on the Mount and with more lands head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Tim. Looks like a brand new ballpark here with the roof open, and just taking informal surveys from people. They don't remember seeing a game here. I do a long time ago, but I can't remember when it was. I know it was a long time ago that I was here for a game with the roof open, but pretty much every other time it's closed. And it actually is nice to see it open today.
Speaker 6: Well it is. It's also not July or August, and that's why it still is nice. And the air conditioning is working just fine for us and for the players down on the field. It is nice to play here, kind of refreshing. All the big expanse of windows out in left field are open, so we can really see downtown Miami and see an airplane taking off to the east. Also, and the Dodgers are just hours away from boarding their planes and headed west to Phoenix.
Speaker 4: So today land and Knack has been recalled from trip Lea JP Firehuisen was optioned back to Oklahoma City and Land and Nack will make the start today. There was some conversation that they might have him be the bulk innings guy and have an opener form, but I think with the taxing that's been going on with the bullpen, it looks like he's just going to start regular and try to go as long as he can, as hard as he can.
Speaker 6: Well ant to say, notes as far as the Dodger pitching, they've used eleven different starting pitchers. That's the most in Major League Baseball, and for the bullpen, the highest number of innings pitched. You know, they've appeared in at least half of the Dodgers first thirty six ball games. And for Dave Roberts presented with that scenario last night, and Roberts said, absolutely not sustainable if you're looking at a business model.
Speaker 4: So the Marlins will send Valente Beoso to the Mold. He is a young right hander, came up in September, made five starts last year, and as far as he's concerned, he's zero and two a low velocity fastball eighty eight to ninety, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Eighty eight to ninety. In fact, he's averaging eighty eight make that eighty nine point five, and he has the fourth lowest strikeout rate of any starting pitcher in Major League Baseball. That being said, you're going to see a lot of variants on the speed. You're going to see a lot of variants on the breaks, and for the Dodgers, they're going to have to stay back, see what you can hit and stay back. Don't be a cart out in front.
Speaker 4: Got some news on Taskar Hernandez today, Dave Roberts saying now after talking to ta Oscar this morning, that he doesn't feel that he'll be out longer than his current ten day iel stint ten days, maybe two weeks, but he feels like he'll be back a little sooner than originally think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And just watching Tommy Edwin first of all, early this afternoon working with the trainers down the right field line doing some running and agility drills, and then we saw him for an extended infield session taking ground balls at Sakabase. He appears to be fine, at least from a distance, so we do not anticipate him being on an extended leave of absence either.
Speaker 4: And the word is that they may not activate Edmund until the Dodgers get back to Dodgers Stadium following the off day on Monday. Another series coming up on artificial surface, and again Dave talking about managing people, not only the bullpen but players as well, playing so many games on the fake grass. So the Dodgers twenty four and twelve, still the best record in Major League Baseball, but three and two on this road trip, and they do not want to be three and three at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: No, they don't. And interesting too, is it there was a lineup change, not position wise, or I should say as far as the batting order, But initially it's going to be kicking. Her name is in center and heyes' Kim at a second base? Well, they switched that around, so Kim will get to start in center field tonight. That's going to be interesting because it's the versatility that he adds. We've seen him at second we've seen him a short we saw him in center field and spring training briefly. He can run and get It's going to be fun to watch him.
Speaker 4: Sunshine blue sky, some white puffy clouds. The roof is open at Lone Depot Park, Dodgers and Marlins, final game of his three game set.
Speaker 3: Timp All right, we're.
Speaker 2: Counting you down to first pitch here on this Wednesday afternoon, Dodger fans get that game day meal on it Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shakey's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at shakeys dot com. The Dodgers start the afternoon a half game up on the San Diego Padres in the NL West. Dodgers twenty four and twelve. The Padres are twenty three and twelve, and the Padres in action later on this afternoon in New York as they take on the New York Yankees. Landon Nack gets called up from TRIPAA, Oklahoma City. He's been up and down with the Dodgers team, and we talked about the need for him to really take that bull by the horns and want to be a starter at the big league level for this Dodgers team. He's been given a couple of opportunities to make starts, pitch out of the bullpen in long relief, and today a golden opportunity for him against the Miami Marlins and Marlins team by the way in which he saw last September and got a win in Miami, hoping to duplicate that here today and hopefully get on a roll.
Speaker 3: Help out this Dodgers' rotation.
Speaker 2: As Rick Monday mentioned, this Dodgers bullpen has been taxed an awful lot of guys coming through that gate the first thirty six games of this season. All right, coming up here on Robo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear for the manager, Dame Roberts. I'm sure they'll get into that. Well, check out with David vas Say, but next your Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field in Miami. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins. Thanks you for being with us. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network. As the Dodgers and the Marlins on this Wednesday afternoon.
Speaker 3: The road trip getting senues after today.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers will continue it in the Desert where the four games said against the Arizona Diamondbacks, landing Nack on the mound this afternoon as the Dodgers look for the series win.
Speaker 3: First pitch is coming up at one.
Speaker 7: This is the Otani rewhy shoe.
Speaker 4: Oltani leads off against leftander Anthony Veneziano. He comes out of the bullpen to take over for Cal Quantrill in the top of the six and Otani hammers one. All that is an upper deck monster shot on the first pitch against the Marlins reliever, and he ties the.
Speaker 3: Game at two three.
Speaker 7: Two.
Speaker 4: Runner goes this, Paul smacked down on the right field line.
Speaker 3: Fair ball, that's gonna go to the wall.
Speaker 4: Kem is flying around third, He's gonna come to the plate. Kim will score with the head first line of nor throw and show, hey, old Tani has done it again. He has tied the game for the second time tonight with an RBI double.
Speaker 7: In his four to four.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani two for five a home run in his third straight game at lone Deebo Park. In seven career games there, he's hitting three seventy five with six home runs, eighteen ribies, and six stolen bases. He's the only player in the major leagues right now in double digital home runs and steals with ten and ten. Keep this in mind, the three time and raining MVP has more home runs than stolen bases so far this year than he did in the first thirty six games last year ten and ten, ten home runs, ten stolen bases. A year ago at the same time thirty six games, he only had ten home runs and seven stolen bases.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey here soon now joins us from the field in Miami. Brought to you my Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now? Friendly agent standing mind to take your donation. That's Cars with a K. Donate your car today. It's a beautiful day in Miami. So much so, Kirsten. Is that the sky you're looking up at?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 8: I'm so excited. I've actually never been here alone Deepot Park when the roof is open, and that actually kind of shared experience with quite a few of our players. But as much as I'm very excited, the guys are maybe a little bit more indifferent. There's more shade the dugout, but that does mean with they're being open, some shadows are gonna come into play in this one. I was, well, it's really hot in the outfield as well, So some of those guys aren't loving it so much.
Speaker 9: Heiki k.
Speaker 8: So they aren't loving it so much, but you know what, they're gonna figure out, and because it's all might play a little bit different. So we'll see if it has a big impact. But as of right now, we've got some clouds, there's no rain in the in the forecast, so hopefully it'll be a good day with the roof open here in Miami.
Speaker 2: Kirson Landon that gets to start this afternoon. And it's no secret we've been talking about it a lot here is that the Dodgers' bullpen has been taxed. It has been used a lot the first thirty six games. The Dodgers need land in nact to give him a little length today, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you know it, it's kind for him. Roberts was saying that the leash for him is going to be a little bit longer. They need him to find ways to be effective, especially early in his start, that he can provide some length. What we've been seeing from him just so far this season in tripa a in one outing in which he's able to get through seven inning the big league level. He hasn't been able to get through five just yet, but you know, hopefully today he'll be able to do them. Is they argued him to get some length. It does seems like he probably built up around that seventy five pitch count range. So efficiency is going to be key, and hopefully the offense can get going to give him some runs early in this one.
Speaker 3: Hayes on Kim hard to take.
Speaker 2: I'm out on a lineup, and now he's playing center field today exactly.
Speaker 8: And it'll be good for Dave. Roberts was saying, just to get some eyes on him in center, and Dave had said when he first kind of got called up to the big league team that they feel comfortable with him whether it's a center, second, or short. So far we've seen him like get the start at second or even to be a detensive replacement at second. Yesterday moved over to short late in the game, and today we're going to see him in center. So I think the biggest thing is obviously we've seen him pick up a couple of paces he's been here, how efficient he is on the basement, how aggressive he is, and what that does to the game. So if he can maybe get things going, you know, in the outfield and feeling comfortable playing in center, he could potentially be an option. Just considering, you know, Tommy Edmonds likely not coming off the IL in Arizona, not until potentially just becas a turf there, likely not until after that series, and then Tayof or as much as Dave Roberts would give us a timeline on him, then it could be maybe just like two weeks that he's down. Still two weeks, you're gonna need some more support in the outfield. So hopefully maybe Kiksan can step in and be that guy.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you can get some big hits for them today in this series finale, Kirsty, we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We will check in with you post game.
Speaker 2: Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We'll dive deeper this bitching matchup. David vassgoes one on one with former Dodger and former Marlin one p Yere.
Speaker 3: But I'm next.
Speaker 2: We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Marlin's on this.
Speaker 2: Wednesday afternoon of Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday afternoons. Well lead you up to first pitch from Miami Dodgers and Marlins Marago Casino Resort and Spa. It's a Grand Slam for good times, Land and Knack on the mound. First pitch set for forty.
Speaker 7: This it's the La Dodger Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ta Oscar Hernandez on the IL with the left groin strain, Tommy Edmond on the IL with the sore right ankle. David Vassai has got news on both Tommy Edmond and Taoscar Hernette is coming up in just a couple of minutes, so don't go anywhere. Tyler Glasstown the iel with the shoulder inflammation, Blake Snell, Blake trying, and Michael Kopek Clayton Kershaw. Certainly good news for Clayton Kershaw. Six no hit any is yesterday in Arizona against minor leaguers. He's going to make one more rehab start and then looks like he's trending on returning when he can on May eighteenth. That is great news for the future Hall of Famer. Let's head back out to Miami and check in with the Dodgers Skipper.
Speaker 3: Anything else with Dave?
Speaker 7: Do you questions for Dave?
Speaker 8: Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: I've never I've never managed a game here with the roof open, So it's it's actually it's great, It's much better. It's gonna be a fun night. This is this is a funny evening late afternoon. It'll be goot.
Speaker 8: Wait landon Ax. Just considering the usage of the vulcan coming into this one, do you just kind of do you see him having a little bit of a longer.
Speaker 1: Leash in this game today?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's the hope, and I think, yeah, I mean I think I don't know what that leash, what the innings is going to look like, but certainly with where our pen is at, we're gonna need some length out of him. He is here for coverage. We're taxing him and he's not gonna be active today.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Dave Roberts. Matt sour is there.
Speaker 2: He's on the taxi squad in case somebody goes on the injured list. The Dodgers bullpen has been used an awful lot this year, most in the major leagues. Is the Dodgers need a little bit more length they're starting pitchers. Starting pitchers has gone one hundred and sixty two innings. Dodgers' bullpen one hundred and fifty seven innings. Pitch when we come back, David vasse As, I promise more on ta Oscar Hernnetts and Tommy Eman. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Marlins from Miami. I'm Tim Kaks's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins in Miami, final game in this three game set.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up.
Speaker 7: In joining Tim kits On Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, d V, we mentioned Tommy Edmund in the ankle. What's the latest. Is he not coming back on this roacher? What's the what's going on?
Speaker 9: Well, the latest is tim the roof is open.
Speaker 4: Have you heard?
Speaker 9: I heard?
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, okay, what's want to make sure that was covered in the show already?
Speaker 3: Right object up in the sun the sky you're looking at.
Speaker 9: It's our star the sun. Anyway, Tommy Edmond chance to talk to him with the roof open here at Lone Depot Park, and he told me the biggest hurdle for him to get off the injured list is running. That's a big problem for him right now, and that's the reason why the Dodgers are not going to activate him when he's eligible to return off the IL when the teams in Arizona on Saturday. He likely is going to be activated at some point when the Dodgers return home, but he didn't want to put a date on it because you know, obviously until he can run pain free, he is not going to be activated. So that's the latest on Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 3: David is driven by ford It. There's one thing you like. Its choices.
Speaker 2: Fine yours with the for F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric, you can drive with the roof open. This tough, This mart can only be called the F one fifty. Good news about tay Oskar.
Speaker 9: Dave, Yeah, you know, when he got hurt the other night here in Miami, the first game. The way Dave Roberts sounded, it sounded like it was going to be a long term injury, not not just weeks, but maybe even more than a month. Today, Dave Roberts made it sound like he and Taoscar Hernandez are optimistic that he'll be activated shortly after he's eligible after these ten days on the IL. So that is a huge sigh of relief for the Dodgers that Hernandez is growing adductor hamstring on his left leg is not going to keep him out for an extended period of time, because if you look at this Dodger lineup even today, there's a big drop off after the first four hitters, especially when Will Smith gets the day off.
Speaker 2: Dave, with tail out, could we maybe see Hayesan Kim in center field a majority of the time?
Speaker 9: Now, Yeah, it feels that way, you know, Dave Roberts was considering having keyk starting center and Kim get the start at second base, but Pajez is going to play right field until Tao Oscar Hernandez comes back, and that means they have to fill center field and Kim can play both second and center and short as we saw yesterday. So I feel like with with the way the Dodgers are expecting Tom Yedman to come back here soon, Kim is going to get a lot of time in center field. He was actually working out there before the game with Dino Ebles, so it feels like Kim is going to get a lot of time in center.
Speaker 2: Time now for the Dodger derby brought to you by Sending in the Park, when we pick a horse race and see who wins between David and I, we're picking Friday's fourth race, six furlongs, currently a seven horse race.
Speaker 3: Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 9: David, Well, wherever this is being run, I'm sure the roof will be opened. So why don't we go with number four horse, Charlie Pride.
Speaker 2: Ooh, the four horse and Charlie Steyn Charlie Pride.
Speaker 3: I'm with the three horse. James Braddock.
Speaker 2: James Braddock is my pick celebrating ninety years of horse racing and sending in the park every Friday through Sunday with.
Speaker 3: Millions in payouts every race day.
Speaker 2: Don't miss Mother's Day dining and free Fridays with drinks specials. But at Sanday slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll here from Juan Pierre. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next for Dodgers Magical Moment. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Marlins Final. Give me this three game series. Dodgers going for the series win. Already got the series win in Atlanta to start this ten game road trip, landing neck on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up, had one.
Speaker 7: Dog, hot dog who wants the hot co It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical Phone presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well we go back to nineteen ninety five. What a great year.
Speaker 2: July fourteenth, the nineteen ninety five Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers taking on the Florida Marlins. Dodgers would win the game seven to nothing. They erupted for a four run sixth, then they scored seven runs on ten hits, plenty of offense for Ramone Martinez, who threw a no no.
Speaker 3: Ramone Martinez is cool.
Speaker 2: As a cucumber, going back with a fastball inside hand.
Speaker 3: It is out in the left field. Kelly makes the.
Speaker 5: Cat and the Ramon Latinez a remarkable performance no hitting the ball in seven to.
Speaker 2: Other Jay Randolphin Gary Carter on the call. Ramone Martinez a no hitter, struck out eight walk just one through a one hundred and fourteen pitches and in part of a Dodger's seven to nothing win over the then Florida Marlins July fourteenth, nineteen ninety five. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs. Hofey Sok has local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey for hot Dogs local so great. Let me continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check out on Rick Monday, and we got.
Speaker 3: Your prize picks. Double play of the Day Dodgers Marlin's from Miami.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kais's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On deck on your home for the blue all season Los Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Marlin's landing neck on the mound for the blue. First pitch in the series finale, coming up at one.
Speaker 3: Forty, got him with the two for one hard shot.
Speaker 4: To third, droves the second on the first double.
Speaker 3: What double hole Tams.
Speaker 7: This is the Prize Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join me and millions of others playing baseball, daily, fantasy sports, and Prize Picks. It's so simple. Just download the free Prize Picks app and sign up. Use the code go Blue, Go Blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. I had two people yesterday tell me they signed up. They got the fifty dollars after the first five dollars lineup and boom right there in their account just by using the code go Blue. Use it when you sign up at Prize Picks. It's so easy to play.
Speaker 3: You just pick more or.
Speaker 2: Less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. Strikeouts walks RBI's first and he runs you pick more or less at prize picks. Hear my two picks today for my double play Freddie Freeman more or less a half a hit? Are you kidding me? That's an easy one. More than a half a hit for Freddie Freeman. I'm also gonna go Landon Nack two and a half strikeouts more or less. I'm gonna go more than two and a half strikeouts for Landon ak. Here's a bonus one for you, Max Munsey more or less half a walk more than half a walk for mex Moncy again. Prize picks, use the code go Blue Prize picks. Run your game, and now.
Speaker 7: Joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Rick the roof is open today first time. Dave Roberts said he's going to manage a game with the roof open.
Speaker 3: At Marlin's heart.
Speaker 6: Let me jot that down.
Speaker 9: That's history right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is, Okay, let's talk about it for a moment. I mean, the weather is nice. Obviously, there's no rain that's predicted, which is a story in itself in Miami this time of year, and I'm just imagining that it may be a little rugged in the first part of the ball game with a different start time. As far as the hitters of being able to see it, home plate's going to be covered in shadow. Most of the field will be covered in shadow, but I'm not certain how much in center field and in left field will still be in sunshine, So there could be a disparity as far as seeing the ball from a hitter standpoint. Also, it might be a little bit more difficult if you're a left fielder and your bright sunshine's standing out there. It's difficult to look into a very dark infield and be able to see the baseball coming off the bat, especially if you look at today's players, most of them in day games, which is going to start out maybe some sun if they're wearing sunglass, it's going to be even darker to see the ball coming off the back could be problematic to begin one.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you brought that up because Hayesan Kim is making his first major league start in center field today.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 6: I knew there was a method to your madness that we experienced it just about every day. But I can't wait to see him play because, quite frankly, he showed the versatility and being able to move to different positions. We've seen him at second base, We've seen him at shortstop, and we saw him a couple of different times in center field. He can run and get the ball, There's no question about that. It adds another dimension really to his value in being able to play various positions. And as we're doing that, you know, of about two hours prior to game time, I saw Tommy Edmund working with the trainer. They're still trying to work on his legs. In the ankle in particular, I could not discern any noticeable limp at all for Edmund. So you know, he's eligible to come off the injured list over the weekend. Whether or not they remove him, we'll find out.
Speaker 9: I got news for you that's not going to happen. If Roberts said, because of the turf at Chase Field, they would like to play it safe after the off day and bring him back after the road trew't.
Speaker 6: We've got news, all the news and up to the minute news right here with David Vasse.
Speaker 9: Maybe you can give us some context and insight to your long and distinguished baseball career, because today.
Speaker 6: It's a nice way to butter me up.
Speaker 3: By the way, that was very good.
Speaker 6: That was very good.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Rick.
Speaker 6: You rehearsed it, didn't you. Hey.
Speaker 9: Rick, Today's starting pitcher, one of many for the Marlins, throws live batting practice instead of a normal bullpen session. I found out that this is not that new and creative of an idea.
Speaker 6: And if someone tried to present that as a new and fresh idea, it's plagiarism, because, for example, when I first came up, even when the ball club moved from Kansas City with the AIDS to Oakland with the AIDS, I remember very distinctly the starting pitchers would throw live batting practice. And it came down to a situation getting ready for a game, and the question was brought up, is this for the pitchers benefit or is this for the hitters benefit in order to get ready for the game that's going to be played in about an hour and a half. And that's when I know the A's dropped it, and some other clubs dropped it as well. They said, no, we need to prepare the hitters. The pitcher's not going to pitch for another few days. The hitters are going to start hitting in about ninety minutes.
Speaker 9: I guess from the Marlins perspective, Rick, it's a pitching practice more than for the.
Speaker 6: Hitter, exactly exactly, and you hit upon it. And that's exactly the words that we used in Oakland. Right after John blue Moon otem through a no hitter, basically in a simulated game. It was wonderful work for him, but it was not the greatest of mindset for the hitters to get ready for a game that was going to just stayed him in a few months.
Speaker 9: Don't bury the lead. John blue Moon Odom was his nickname. Well, why did they call him blue Moon?
Speaker 6: Well, that was a nickname. Charlie Finley, for the most part, when he signed young players, attached a nickname Jim Catfish Hunter. Supposedly this story was catfish and this was this was total made up. That he went to a stream near a farm that he grew up in and let's just say it as it is. He went to use the bathroom in the stream, right, Okay, I had his pants down. When he pulled his pants up, there was supposedly a catfish that was in his jeans. Is what's I heard. That's the legend, and it's a bunch of hooey.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about blue Moon blue Moon?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't really know the exact but there was there was a few plays. There was another big picture that never really stayed along in the big leagues. Bear. I can't remember exactly, but it was Bear, Big Bear or something like that.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, the A's will be at Dodger Stadium when the team returns home from this road trip.
Speaker 6: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: Rick, So thanks for schedule.
Speaker 6: I don't have a schedule in front of me.
Speaker 9: Well, we're bringing it all full circle here.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you.
Speaker 6: By the way, I will miss that because I'm going home for a wedding for a few days.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, congratulations or whoever is getting married.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, my step soon is getting married, and for me, it's a great breakaway for you from you.
Speaker 5: Thanks Rick.
Speaker 3: We'll check in with you a little bit later.
Speaker 9: I'll remove foot from mouth right now.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys. That's the Dodger game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan to start your future. At California Community College, financial aid it's there. It can help you with tuition, books, sometimes even the rate. It's time to take that next big step classes can.
Speaker 3: Fill up quickly, So on Roll today and I can go to college dot Com.
Speaker 2: Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this bitching matchup.
Speaker 9: Rick.
Speaker 2: We'll be back with Tim never with those keys to the game. But I'm next hi and tight with an old friend, Juan Pierre, former Dodger, former Marlin now working in the Marlins front office. You'll hear from him next to Lee. You have to first picture of Miami. I'm Tim Kase's champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: L This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Marlin's time landing nack on the mound. In this series finale, Dodgers will head to Arizona for a four game series after this first fitch coming up.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vass fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This is high and tight.
Speaker 9: We are in Florida, and that means a former Dodger always comes to see some of the guys that he still connects with on a daily basis as much as he can and that's the one and only want Pierre one. Great to see you and Beast Mode still lives on.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: Thanks man.
Speaker 10: Always good to be here and connect. Really love my time in LA with the Dodgers man, so I'll bled that Dodger blue. So it's always good to come back in Coo faces.
Speaker 9: We were reminiscing about two thousand nine about the good days with Matt Camp and Andre Ethier. What do you remember about those guys as they were coming up and just trying to make a name for themselves.
Speaker 1: You just knew they were special from the on set.
Speaker 10: I got a free agent deal, so I didn't know much about them, and I got and I'm like, man, these guys are really good and just trying to help them throughout there early in their career because that's what guys did for me when I was a young guy. But you knew they were going to be special. Along with Russell Martin, James Loney, they had Billings, Lee Roxton. They had a lot of young guys there and it was kind of turning the team from from the older guys to the for them taking over, and those guys proved to be pretty good. They went on a run to here and helped the Dodgers to what they are right now?
Speaker 9: What did it mean to you in your career to be able to play such a big part in those guys's career, especially Matt Camp That's.
Speaker 1: What it's all about.
Speaker 10: I think that's the essence of the sports, sports in general, definitely baseball. You pass on your to the younger crew, and then they pass it on and they pass it on and that's what it is.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how much of a part I played in.
Speaker 10: It, but it definitely was really nice to see them as become All Stars, you know, MVP votes and all that stuff, which you kind of known in their career early that they had that the opportunity to get to those levels and just to see it come to fu issue was really cool.
Speaker 9: Jan Pierre started the mentality of beast mode, Matt Kemp carried it forward. Can you remind us what the mentality and what beast mode represented to you.
Speaker 10: Was just every single day, every single day, you bringing it, you get, leaving it all out on the field, whether you're good or bad, whether it's a left or righty throwing, whether you're starting or not starting. It was just that mentality that they had on the back was twenty four to seven three sixty five, So that meant every day and as you know, baseball can be every day most of the year, and just having that mentality that if you I don't even feel good, you don't feel right, you could still bring some and help the team win that day.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like you were a guy that led by example or did you have to vocalize all of that beast mode?
Speaker 10: Led by example A lot guys will always see me at the field early, always in the cage, always doing something, and I know they used.
Speaker 1: To say, man, do you ever sit down in your locker? You know what I mean?
Speaker 10: So and I would talk, you know some to him, But mostly I'd like to lead by example and just being out there every day because I believe that old seven year I played on one sixty two that year, and I think Kemp got to see it. Andre, this guy's out there every single day, so I think that carried on. And I know Kemp really wanted to play every game, you know, he didn't like sitting out.
Speaker 1: So that was that was cool to see.
Speaker 9: Just see the career that Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier had did you see that when you got to the Dodgers, did you envision they had a chance to have that lasting impact?
Speaker 1: Oh, without a doubt.
Speaker 10: I mean Kemp was a god, could hit the ball eight hundred feet and run still fifty bases and and do that type stuff.
Speaker 1: Ethia just had such.
Speaker 10: A sweet swing, great defender, smart base runner.
Speaker 1: It's just a matter of them getting games under their belt. You know, they were young, and even when they're young, we're there.
Speaker 10: I mean we made the playoffs two out of three years that I was there, So they were getting the playoff experience early in their careers and you see them blossom. And now they're family. Man, they have families, kids and all that stuff. So that's really even more important to see than even the baseball side.
Speaker 9: Juan Pierre, awesome to see you. You've left a big impact on so many guys. I've seen it here in a short time in the Dodger Clubhouse, so your legacy lives on through a lot of other people.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, Thank you anytime there.
Speaker 9: He is the man. Want Pierre and he'll receive a pair of sunglasses to Canaan's World's best Polarized Sunglasses Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot com for your pair. Tim will send it back to you all.
Speaker 3: Right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers start the game or the day with a half game lead in the NL over the Padres, who are in action later today against the Yankees. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: Leading up to first pitch from Miami.
Speaker 2: Up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup of Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leading you out to Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday afternoon. First pitch for Miami coming up at one forty.
Speaker 7: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching match up here.
Speaker 2: Hit a by your Southern California Toyota dealers, work hard and playhard in a new Tacomo with an I Force turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the bulls hee. Youre Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Valente Bay also on the mound for the Marlins. Oz and two at the forty ninety seven ERA, twenty five year old right hander out of Mexico, second season in the big leagues, making his fourth start this season. He's been up and down from true to the big leagues. Last time out four and two third innings, five runs, four hits, four walks in a loss to the A's at home in two starts zero to one with a six R ray. Today's first time facing the Dodgers. Also going back and forth from Triple A to the Big leagues this year. Landon Nack, twenty seven year old right hander. Over the last two years at the big league level four and five, we have eighteen games, fourteen starts with a four h six er Ra making his third start, fourth appearance this season at the big league level. Last appear at the Dodgers on April fifteenth, when four to third innings against the Rockies, gave up two runs on four hits, two walks while striking out two in a no decision. He faced these Marlins last year, five scoreless Indians, giving up two hits and striking out seven in a win at Lone Depot Park last September, Landon Nac and Valante. They also the pitching matchup. Dodgers and Marlins were fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next of Tim Kas's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Marlins landing knack on the mount first pitch coming up at one point.
Speaker 3: Ready to live that zench Sweet Live.
Speaker 2: Here's your shot at an unforgettable night in Los Angeles with two Premium Sweet tickets to a game later on this month, complete with gourmet food, drinks, preferred parking to the game. It's luxury and exclusive and it's all just one scan away. All you gotta do is head to any participating Rouse grocery store, find the Zenchi counter right next to the deli counter, and when you see the QR.
Speaker 3: Code there, scan it.
Speaker 2: Fill in your information inter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime opportunity. Go to the Zenchi counter scan the QR code at any participating in rows grocery store details at AFI seventy la sports dot com Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy. All right, let's head back out to the booth. One title final time before first pitch. Tim Neverett, Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thanks again, getting ready for the first pitch. Dodgers and Marlins. Dodgers twenty four to twelve, Marlins fourteen and twenty one. Landon Nack against Valente Bayolso that's the pitching matchup. And when you look at landon Nac, his numbers I think are a little bit skewed because of his April nine performance against Washington where he allowed five earned runs on four hits and two and a third innings. Other than that, at the big league level and even a tripola, he's been pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Then he came back on the fifteenth of April against the Rockies in Dounderstand. He went four and a third, just two runs, only four hits in that and only threw sixty five pitches. And for land and Nack, I think the biggest thing is throw strikes. Use that fast ball set everything up to breaking stuff on top of it. The Dodgers, as we talked a little bit earlier tonight, for the hitters, you've got to stay back. And they've got a starter going for the Marlins that is not a high velocity fastball guy, but he will change speeds and move the ball around.
Speaker 4: So they also against NAC. It's the Dodgers and the Marlins, Game number three from Lone Depot Park on a gorgeous afternoon in South Florida with the roof open, rare that it's open to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is Dodgers and Marlins final this three game set. Dodgers need a little length at a landed nack today. After the game is over, I'll be back with postgame and Dodger talk as Dodgers will back up and continue to the third leg of this ten day road trip, starting in Atlanta, now in Miami and head into the desert of Phoenix for a four game set tomorrow starting against the Diamondbacks. First things first, Dodgers looking to get the series win in Miami.
Speaker 3: First pitch is next. Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kasy's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network