Speaker 1: Let's do a gardening show this morning. How about it. Congratulations everybody that's got both eyes open, hopefully a cup of coffee or something helping you get the other one open, if you just got one that most open. I started off that way this morning. It took a while. It took a while, that is for sure. But anyway, welcome to garden Line. We are looking forward to visiting with you about the things that you are most interested in. What kind of questions do you have about gardening? We'll be happy to answer those. Someone was asking me the other day about a potting mix, and they were talking about potting up some stuff and ask me, you know, what would you what would you suggest? And you know, there's good mixes out there, but the one that I basically think is the one to grab is going to be a Jungle Land by Nitrofoss. And I find that that potting mix, the way that it drains internally, but also way it holds onto moisture. That combination is what that's the key to a successful mix. And this one has it. It's a blend of Canadian blonde peat. It also has four different sources of organic decomposed aged bark in it and the microrhizal fungi that work with a plant route. So that combination right there pretty well does it. Now they got their outdoor jungle End flour and vegetable planting soil, and then for indoors they have the jungle End water saver that has the crystals that whole extra water, so not that the roots are soggy, but that when the mix gets dry, those crystals don't dry out as fast and so the plant can still get a little bit of water and that ends up working really really well. You're going to find nitrofoss products in Brenham if you're out there. Plants and things on Highway three sixty five, M and D and clear Lake on Bay Area Boulevard, and M and D on Beamer Sagemont Area they have them there as well. Lots of places you can find nitrofoss products here in the community. My favorite thing to do really any day of the week, but especially like on a Sunday afternoon or or even a Saturday, is to get out and visit some garden centers. I did a little bit a little bit of that yesterday. By the way, I was at Jorges Hidden gardens down in Alvin yesterday and boy, thanks to everybody that came out. You guys, you go, you guys want me out on questions, That's for sure. I would by the time I answered one, here comes another one and gave away a lot of good products and got to see Horay's place again. And you know, it's it's just it's great, it really is. He has a selection of fruit trees that is perfectly designed for that area. You know, if you want to get a peach tree, you don't want a high show peach when you live south of Houston, for sure. And then so what you're gonna want to do is get one that is suited your area, so it blooms at the right time, doesn't bloom too early, it doesn't never come out of winter like high hilwood down there. He's got the he's got things like avocados. We're looking at his avocados and then his blueberries and just lots of fruit, apples, pears, you name it. His trees in the back are really in beautiful shape. I think that that is one of the strong points really because he has such an excellent selection and they will come out and plant them for you. If you need him too, they can. There's a cost to that, but they can come out and plant them for you, which makes it easy. Because you're talking about something that's got thirty gallons of soil. It's a little hard to pick up. So why don't you check him out. I love going to jorgeshid and Gardens, and I just really enjoyed it yesterday. That was good. So when I'm anyway, when I'm out and about visiting garden centers and things, I find that there's always something I haven't seen before, something that I haven't tried before, or something like that. And when you see new plants, it just gives you an opportunity need to try out something new. And I know that tried and true plants are the dependables. We want to do that like our plants celebrity tomatoes because that's an old standard, that is our great tomato. But I always try something new because who knows, maybe you find a new favorite. That's true as it comes to flowers, as the breeders work on things, we are finding we're getting more good heat tolerance in our flowers that works well down here. We are finding other options in terms of height. That's another important thing. Remember when all lantanas were waist high or bigger, and then we started to discover smaller and smaller ones. Now they have lantanas that are like a foot tall. They're very tiny, tiny ones. But that's what I'm talking about. Try something new, go out and visit a garden center. That's how you find out about these things, because the breeders are out there creating them, and then the people that sell them to the garden centers are telling the garden centers about something cool and new and fun to get out in the garden. We want our vegetable gardens to be bountiful. We want our landscapes and flower beds to be beautiful. But I always throw the third thing in, and that is have fun in the process. Have fun. Gardening is supposed to be fun, and you can enjoy yourself a lot just by getting out and having fun in Jenet gardens. It is a great place to get out and have fun. In fact, they'd be a good spot to visit this afternoon. They are out in the Richmond Rosenberg area, just north of Richmond Rosenberg toward Katie and Fulscher. The actual road that they're on is FM three point fifty nine and in Jenet Gardens is one of those places where you want to take friends when you go. And I always suggest that because it's kind of fun to walk around with your friends and see and do things. And when you go there, you're going to see just this huge expanse. It's going to take a while to get around. This selection of tomatoes is outstanding right now. On peppers and other vegetable plants. Of course, the color is it just pops everywhere you look. And when it comes to shrubs and trees, whether it's a rose bush or a shrub for a hedge, or a nice tree for your landscape, they've got them all there. I like to go visit some of the whimsical things they have, like the fountains, the chimes, the whimsical garden art. I think those are cool, but like you would expect from a quality home, mom and pop independent. Those are all the adjectives for it. Garden center, you're going to get expert advice, people that know what they're talking about. You come in, you bring them a photo, You say, hey, look at this area. What would grow in that shady spot over there in the photo, Or you're looking at a problem that you're having with a plant, even if it's a plant you didn't buy their show it to them. They'll help you with it, and they'll put you in touch with plants they may not get that problem that are that are very resistant, and that just her good choices. They carry fertilizers like nitrofoss and Nelson and Medina. They carry Nature's Way and heirloom soil as well. So bottom line is, enjoy yourself out there, have a good time, and I promise you will at Enchented Gardens. They're open today from ten to four pm Monday through Saturday eight to five. I'm going to take a little break and I will be right back. Well, good morning, welcome back to garden Line. I'm your host, Skip Richter. It is good to have you with us this morning. And I wanted to mention, well, i've while i'm thinking about it, that next week. Yesterday I was out at forges Head and Gardens in Alvin. By the way, if you haven't been there, you need to go. Next week. I'm going to head up to Porter to Jay and are Ace and Porter, so all of you get folks up fifty nine up that direction fifty nine sixty nine, both of them up there. Hey, jyn our Ace is one of those Ace hardware stores where you're going to find everything you're looking for. I mean, it really is a good store that the the supple lies for your gardening are just exactly what you would expect from an Ace hardware store. And that means they got everything you need. And j and our Ace, I'll be there from twelve noon to two pm. So come on over and see me again. Those of you Kingwood area all through that area really a porter for sure. I'll be there from twelve to two and we're going to be you know what, I believe it's twelve thirty. Let me check that I have an old piece of paper and it has twelve and I think they change that one. I'll let you know in a little bit here. Anyway, come on out and see me. So in the yard, my grass is showing the signs of all the winter freezes, you know that kind of turned it gray or tan, and it needs to be mowed down, and I'm gonna do that. I just I always wait a little bit to mow until the grass is really ready to grow some And the reason is when you mow and cut down lower with that first mowing. People use the term scalping. I don't like that. That's a term used especially with bermuda grass and other things. But don't scalp. Don't scalp means like you cut it all off at the base and instead cut it at a little bit lower height than normal. Then you're gonna be using in the summer, and just get the debris out of there. That's the one time. And I probably don't recycle the clippings unless you just you know, don't have much to cut back, then go ahead and do it. But when you get those clippings, use them in your landscape. They make good especially as they're dried. They make a good mult around beds and things in the shrub beds and other things. Just take advantage of them because they have nutrients in them, and so don't pay somebody to haul that off your property. Anyway, I have to get mine cut back, and I've got to get a couple of other things done. I'm getting ready for my big fertilization season coming up this summer. And if you go to if you go on line to my website gardening with Skip dot com, when you get there, there's right in the middle of the menu bar it says lawn schedules, and you can look at the lawn care schedule or the lawn pests, disease and weed management schedule, and both of those are very helpful. I've designed them hopefully to be easy to follow because they're color coded. Like I'm looking at the lawn schedule right now, and it has a row for fertilizing with synthetic fertilizers and a row for fertilizing with organic fertilizers. And then you look at the colors of those rows and go to the bottom and you can see some suggestions from me as to good examples of the fertilizers to use for that ones that I would suggest you use. There's also information on air rating on there and mowing and watering. He's thinking, I don't need to be told how to mow a lawn, Well, just read it see what you may pick up a tip or two on there. And then on the other side as the insect diseases and weeds. Right now, we are at the end of the season where we treat for a brown patch, and so I've been asked that two or three times lately. And I've just told people, I said, you know, at this point, the brown circles are going to green up real quick because it's going to warm up and the grass will grow back in. I would leave it. I don't like to put out any kind of a pest control of any type we'ed disease or insect when I don't have to. That's just I don't like to garden that way. So let's hold off on that one. There's good information on weed control, and we are at the end of the preferred season for weed control. Now you may think, okay, well, it's you know, I've missed the time when I should have put weed control down, so I can't do it now. And the entries, Yeah, you can do it now. There's weeds that still will be germinating if you want to do that. It's just on the schedule I put the best time, because if I extended it all the way, let's say through March, some people would think, well, I can fertilize. I can do that in March. I don't have to do it in February. Well, if you waited until March, there's gonna be a lot of weeds that have already germinated. You may control some going forward grassburg and germinate all summer, for example, and so can crab grass. But that's how that schedule works, and I hope you'll follow that. Take a look at it, print it out. Some people put it in the garage. You can take it with your shop and then point at the product you want when you go where you go. Hopefully that's helpful. For example, a good place to go be D and D feed and Tomball west of Tombo actually on twenty nine to twenty. The Dover family opened D and D feed Back in nineteen eighty nine, and the place just gets better the recent expansion they did. I just opened the door for more product. And every time I go in there, I'm really impressed with the line of product that they carry. They have nitroposs, they have Nelson, they have heirloom soils for example in Microlife, Nelson's turf Star also products there. There's just some examples quality dog food too. I always take my dogs a treat when I go in there, to bring them home a treat. And if you need to control any kinds of rodents and things around the house, pool cleaners, I mean, all of that is there at D and D Feed, But when it comes to the garden section of controlling pest weeds and diseases, they have a very extensive selection and there's things that they'll carry that most places don't. D and D feed three miles west of Tomboll two eight one three five one seventy one forty four. Uh I was talking about, you know, preferences and how we garden in things. Something occurred to me a good while back, and I don't think I say this enough, but uh I do lectures on organic gardening, do trainings and stuff for master gardener groups and others, and one thing I always say at the beginning is if you are not an organic gardener, you should do everything organic gardeners do. And then if you're going to use your synthetic pestae side, okay, that's your option, that's your yard, how you're going to garden. But all the principles of organic gardening hold true for any kind of gardening. Take care of the soil, build the soil, improve the soil, enhance the microbial content, make sure there's oxygen done in the root system. Organic gardening began in the soil and that is still the heart of organic gardening. It's not just using organic products to kill bugs or kill diseases, in other words, organic pesticides. Microlife is designed around that concept. Over thirty five years now, gardeners and landscape professionals have recognized the value of microlife and every bag you buy of whether it is there six 't four the primary the product that we use for lawn fertilizing, or if it is humants plus, that is another one that's got the soil in mind when you put it out. And the humants plus is something you can put out any year, any time of year, as much as you want, because you're just adding more humus as you do that to the soil. It is a purple bag. And so I encourage you this spring as you're putting out your fertilizations consider adding a microlife humates plus to your mix. Both the fertilizers for microlife and certainly the humates plus and are going to just help with the soil. And that's what it's all about. The soil. So As I said, whether you're an organic gardener or not, taking care of the soil is foundational to gardening. And I guess I'm a broken record. What do I always say brown stuff before green stuff. What does that mean? Get the foundation right, the foundations of soil. All right, Well, I could just talk about that all day if you like. But I don't think. I don't think that's what you want me to do. But I will repeat it frequently because it is so so important. Don't PLoP a poor plant into an unprepared plot, or you will be disappointed. All right, Well, if you'd like to give me a call, seven one three two one two KTRH. Seven one three two one two KTRH. And I had somebody take me to task yesterday down at Jorges Uh, and she said, why don't you just give the number. I don't have to look around through the letters on the keypad, and some keep ads don't have letters. All right here it is seven one three two one two fifty eight seventy four. I'll give it both ways. I'll try to remember to give it both ways, fifty eight seventy four. Either way, you can give me a call, and we will talk about the things that are most of interest to you. I was driving Every time I go somewhere, I try to get off the beaten path and drive through neighborhoods. Drive through the countryside just to see things, you know, that aren't on the interstate, so to speak. And going through neighborhoods, I see things and I get ideas. You know, It's like, look how they did that. I had never thought about using that plant in that way or whatever. Well, a good landscape designer they know how to design, they know how to make it pretty and all that. I'm not a designer. I am a plant collector, and I suspect a lot of you are too. We go to garden centers, we see a plant, we like, we buy it, We take it home, and then figure out where we're going to put it. And so our gardens look like a bomb went off in a garden center. Our landscapes do bomb went off in a garden center, and where everything landed, it rooted and grew there. It's random. If you want to have a professionally done landscape, pierscapes can do that. I talk about them all the time. They're a preferred landscaper. Pure scapes can do pretty much anything you need out in the yard and landscape, things like hardscapes, walkways, stone walkways, landscape lighting, irrigation types, of work. By the way, they also have their quarterly maintenance. A quarterly maintenance. They come out every three months and they weed. They if they need to replace the flowers in the bed to make you know, we've changed seasons, we need some good fresh up in there, they can do that. They make sure the irrigation in the bed is working. They put a good layer of bulch down, make sure it's replenished and looking good. That's part of their maintenance program. But you can have them come out do a complete design for you whatever you want to do. Go to the website. Go to the website piercescapes dot com, piercescapes dot com, or give them a call two eight one three seven fifty sixty two eight one three seven oh five zero six zero. Go to that website perscapes dot com. You know, every time I go there, I look and I get ideas too for my yard because they make it look so beautiful. It's like, oh wow, I could do that in a patio. I hadn't thought about that kind of having that kind of a patio put in that's beautiful. Well, of course they're beautiful. They're professionals into what they're doing in the garden. I've got to do some cleaning out. This winter, I kind of cut back on a vegetable garden quite a bit, and it was just being busy and traveling a lot, and so I just didn't get around to doing a lot of things I'd like to do. But once I got out there and started, you know, preparing the soil and planting, slowly retaking my garden with things that are going to thrive, things that are going to do well. If you've got garden furniture that's looking rusty or bad, Houston Powder Coders is the place you need to go. There are in north central Houston and over one hundred plus colors that they offer, which is unbelievable, so pretty much any color you can imagine, and then some. They're near the intersection about Way eight and Hardy Told, But you don't have to go over there. They will come and pick up and deliver in the greater Houston area. If you will right down sales at Houstoncoders dot com and send them a picture of your furniture, they'll give you a quote, and they really do wonderful work. I'm going to take a break for the news and we'll be right back. Alrighty, we're back. Welcome back to garden line. You'd like to give me a call with a question this morning seven to one three two one two fifty eight seventy four or seven one three two on two kt r H. Give us a call. Let's talk about the things you're interested in. It is getting close to that time when we're starting to do the big time fertilizing in the summer. We've had our little ends are still in actually the early greenup fertilizing period. If you want to do a little quick early greening up while the grass is still a little cool to be growing fast, you can get a nice greenup with an early green up product. Now you can also, uh, just hold on if you want to wait until later to fertilize and use a slow release. Either way you want to go, it's it's okay. Night Fuss has actually an organic product that is very interesting. It's different. It's made from a molasses space and from microbial activity, and it ends up being an eleven percent nitrogen fertilizer that has a wonderful sweet smell because it comes from you don't think about what molasses smells like. That's what it smells like it's really nice. You put it down, dissolves in, and all that sugary carbon that goes into the ground just gets the microbes excited, especially some of the good bacteria that we need around our root systems. They love carbon. Organic gardeners have been putting molasses in their beds and gardens and things for a long time. Sweet Green from nitrofoss is a It's available at a number of places such as Lake Hardware Inclute and Lake Hardware in Angleton. You can find it also at Fisher's Hardware in mot Bellevue, the one in Laporte, and the one in Pasadena. Good quality product and smells good. I always joke and say when you put it in the car, you're going to want to make an extra lap around Loop six' ten on the way, home just so you can enjoy The smell's that's saying a. Lot if you've driven In houston, before that's for. Sure if you're looking for a garden center up in The willis, Area Growers outlet is hands down the place you need to. Go Growers outlet In willis dot com is their. Website and for those of you up At Lake, conroe the city Of, conroe Certainly, willis even down the woodlands and up as far as oh, GOSH i just went blank on the on the little town north Of. Willis, anyway that whole. Region Growers outlet In willis Is New, waverley that was. It Grows outlet In willis is the place you need to. Go if you go to the Website Growers outlet In willis dot, com you will find all that you want to know about, them and they put. There this is. Unusual most of their products are viewable online with availability in, pricing which IS i just you almost never hear of a nursery doing, that but they. Do and so what do you? Want, LIKE i went to the hanging basket page and they have pictures of what they have in right. Now they got angel wing, pegonia's they've got booga and villias that are unbelievably, Beautiful impatient baskets and Shaneil chanel plant. Baskets those are kind of. Cool you can go to the vegetable page and see what they, have and they have a lot of. Vegetables you, know people love hot, peppers if you notice, That AND i don't know who On earth eats a ghost. PEPPER i don't know who eats A carolina reaper. Pepper maybe you can call me and tell me you. DO i may or may not choose to believe, that but there's. Enough there's so many peppers that have an incredible heat to. Them and of course they have mild peppers as. Well those are. Great BUT i just had to laugh WHEN i was scrolling through the. Peppers it's just the names that they put on these. Things it's just. Hilarious what was the ONE i ran into? One oh, Gosh i'll Think i'll think of it here in just a. Minute but it's a new one to, me but it pretty much communicated the fact that you do not want to put that in your. Mouth and, anyway hot, peppers they've got fertilizers like micro, life nitrofoss. Medina they carry all those and they're hanging baskets and ferm baskets are just. Amazing you, know as it's warming, up it's back time To, oh here was the hot pepper? Name death? Spiral, now why would why would you eat something that's Gonna they're telling you up front it's a death. Spiral, anyway that's. Hilarious but back To Growers Outlet verbina and other. Perennials lots of nice sized perennials in. There WHEN i was, THERE i was looking at some macho ferns they had in the back that were huge and. Gorgeous of, course they have them in all different pot. Sizes but go check that place out and then visit again a little bit, later BECAUSE i was getting in new. Things WHEN i went. In they'd get just gotten in a bunch of fruit trees a good while. Back they also had a really nice selection of shrubs and. Trees so grows out In willis that's the Website Growers outlet in don't forget the word In willis dot com death. Spiral that's, crazy all, Right let's see if you'd like to give us a call this. Morning seven one three two one two k t rh or seven one three two one two fifty eight seventy. FOUR i wonder how Long i'm gonna remember to do. That, ANYWAY i was taking care of some containers the other, day getting them watered and, everything and it just reminded, Me i'm gonna put a drip system around the patio this. Year IF i can get myself home and out there to do. It last YEAR i went around the patio watering, containers and you, know, containers you gotta water more. OFTEN i think containers are one of the best things that you can do and a landscape for for versatile. Beauty you can move them, in move them, out keep keep them looking their, best but watering them is a. Chore So i'm gonna get a system and it'll be a line running along the ground beside the patio and then a little tube comes up and goes into the. Container you can also use drop down tubes from an arbor and just just find out about that wherever you would choose to buy your irrigation types of. Supplies drip. Irrigation it. WORKS i put it on the. FAUCET i put it on a timer on the, faucet AND i don't have to worry about. It if you want a water twice a, day and if you're going to go away for two, weeks it doesn't. Matter it waters your containers twice a, day and that if spending a little time and money to get that set up is well worth. It because don't tell anybody, this It's geena and. Me but last YEAR i forgot to water a couple of plants AND i killed. THEM i did, that or they got to the point WHERE i had to put them out of their. Misery but if you if you have an automatic, system you don't have to worry about. That welcome. Back good to have you back here On Garden. Line we're talking. Gardening what do you need to be doing? Now what is important to get?
Speaker 2: Done?
Speaker 1: Now that's what we're focusing on. Today we're going to go out To cyprus and talk To. Henry, Well Hello, henry and welcome to Garden. Line, okay hang, on all, right here we. Go we're going to Get henry up. Here we got we Got?
Speaker 2: Henry?
Speaker 3: Yup do you have?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah there we. Go all, Right, Henry sorry about. That welcome To Garden. Line how can we help?
Speaker 5: TODAY i have it's roughly a nineteen year Old bradford pair otis last year has fire.
Speaker 3: BLIGHT i want to know CAN i treat that?
Speaker 6: Myself or SHOULD i call an.
Speaker 1: Arborist, Well i'm glad you asked that, question because other people will have fire. Blight far blight will attack, Paracantha it'll attack, pairs and there's several members of that family that it can. Attack so you can treat it. Yourself there's a product THAT'S i think it's a streptomycin, sulfate which sounds like a human. Antibiotic it isn't. It it is an. Antibiotic it's a product and you spray it. On far blight is a, bacteria so you spray it on ahead of, time and then when the when the bacteria tries to you, know multiply and go into your. Plant it's there to stop. It it's strupt to mice and. Sulfate it's not sold in all. Places it's a little hard to, find But i'll. Try if there any nurses, listening try not to. Laugh s T R E p strip T O m y C I N i believe is how it's. Spelt, Anyway, okay most people don't do the spray root though on. Pairs chris first step is not all pairs are equally, susceptible so planting things that are a little. Resistant but when you already have a, tree you already have a, tree don't prune it a. Lot don't create a lot of succulent new. Growth rather than pruning a, pair just get a branch spreader and or a steak and cord and pull the branches in about a forty five degree angle outward and avoid that pruning and then avoid fertilizing pairs of. Nitrogen you just don't need to do. It and the more you make, it you, know grow fast and, stuff the worse the fire blight's going to. Be when you see, fireblight go go about six inches below where you see it and snip that. Out just cut that branch because it's dying. Already cut it, out and then spray your pruners with lysol between cuts so you don't spread bacteria to the next branch you're going to go prune. On those are those are the tips that are give you the best. Shot some, years it's just bad and all you can do is lessen it a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, okay we'll serve and follow that. Device thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much all, right Thanks, lacole appreciate. That, yeah fire, blight that is a common definitely a common issue that we have to deal with on our. Pairs, Here i'm gonna let's see, Here i'm trying to having trouble with shutting down the. CAR i may have to have my producer help me close the call down, Anyway airloom soils is a product that is first of, all it's first. CLASS i mean it really. Is they know how to make, blends they know how to know how to make, compass they know how to make multch they know how to make soil. Blends like if you're going to plant a, rose have a rose. Soil if you're going to plant vegetables or, herbs they have a veggy an herb. Mix they've got one for fruit berry and. Citrus, well you get the. Idea they have a lot of, them a lot of different, options even one for cactus and. Succulents but the thing about them THAT i think is also good is they're. Everywhere it's easy to find heirloom. Soils you're going to be able to go to you, know typically a lot of ace hardware stores are going to have. That Certainly Southwest fertilizer in Southwestern. Southwest you saw a lot of feed stores carry. That a lot of our garden centers carry it as. Well you can buy it by the bag now if you want a. Lot So i'll talk to someone the other day who is going to put in a, bed AND i just talked, about, well you can go get it by the qubic yard with your pickup or your. Trailer if you don't have one of, those you can have them deliver it to the house and they can dump it on the, driveway or they can bring it in what's called a. Supersack that's a cubic yard of whatever you just, purchased put in a supersack and deliver to your. House it's neat and. Clean And i've used them before AND i really like. THEM i really like. THEM i Do Heirloom. Soils if you want to schedule a, delivery you can go call two eight one three five four nineteen fifty two eight one three five four nineteen fifty or go to heirloomsoils dot. Com and when you get, there you're going to see the coolest. Calculator it even tells, you like in a cubic, yard how many five gallon buckets of soil are? There or you see What i'm, Saying uh are you put in the width and length of your bed and the depth you want to make it and it figures it all out for. You you ought to check that. Out it's very helpful whatever you're trying to. USE i LOVE i love the PRODUCTS i was just using some the other. Day as a matter of, fact you're listening To. Guardline our phone number is seven one three two one two k T R h or seven one three two one two fifty eight seventy four those of you who like to punch in the numbers when you make a. Call another thing going on at this time of the year is taking care of those weeds that are winter, weeds but now they're growing like, crazy and they're blooming and they're setting. Seed the path that a blue bonnet seed takes on the roadside is the path the winter weeds in your lawn, take sprouting in the, fall sitting pretty much unnoticeable in the, winter very small, plants and then in spring they take off growing and here come the, blooms and then they fling the seeds. Everywhere you want to stop that last, step and if it means you've got a few weeks to squa out in, hand pull. Them it's not that difficult to. Do with the, soils moist and get them out of, there because one weed can produce hundreds of, seed literally it really. Can and so if you if you look at the ability of the weed to, reproduce choosing to not deal with it now means it's going to be harder next next. Fall you can use a pre emergent in the fall to stop. That we'll talk about that when the time, comes but getting them out of the garden is. Important you can use a post emergent product to attack. Them for, example you know the folks At nitrofoss create a product that is Called. Imperial it is a red and orange bag that's just fertilizer for early green. Utworks it just makes the nutrients right right then available to the. Plant but they also have a version of it that's in a bag with a trimec And trimec is a broad leaf weed. Killer you can use. That if you want to use, that you just have to have wet weed leaves in order for the product to stick to. Them but the later we, get the less well that a post emergent herbicide is going to work on. Weeds once they're, reproductive they've got, seed they've got you, know blooming and setting, seed it's less. Effective and that's where you go back to the hand. Pulling if you want to get it. Now if you got a yard full of, weeds when you set that mower down to do your first low mowing of the, season put a bag on it and catch the clippings and the weeds that were sticking their head up producing, seed and get as many as you can out of the. Place that is. Important, Okay so that, MOWING i don't know if, yeah there is one at a time When i'd recommend bagging, clippings and that's when you have gotten away and it's rained and rain and, rained and it is so the clippings are so long that you just can't mulch them. In that'd be a time for back but the. Weeds get those seeds out of the. Yard, now the number one weed control is not a. Product the number one weed control is a, dense healthy. Lawn that's where you. Start and if you start, there and you can follow my schedule online at gardening With skip dot, com which is, basically you mow, regularly you water with a good deep soaking on an infrequent, basis and you fertilize and keep that grass healthy and growing and. Dense when you do, that you're choking out most. Weeds, Now i'm not saying you never need a, herbicide because there are weeds that will live in the Densest Saint augustine. Lawn dollar weed will live in a Dense Saint augustine. Lawn virginia button weed will live in a Dense Saint augustine. Lawn but the majority of the weeds you're having to deal. With the weed seeds can't sprout when they're they're. Shaded if they try to sprout and they can't get enough sunlight for energy for that to come on, up pop through the grass and make a, weed it's very. Difficult so the number one we control is a, dense healthy. LAWN i hope that makes. SENSE i like that idea because we all want a, dense healthy. Lawn they're pretty that's that's the kind of things we want to. HAVE i want to remind you That i'm going to be At jay And Our Ace, Importer jay and Our Ace. IMPORTER i don't know if you've ever been, there but if you, haven't you need to go, by and Next saturday would be a great time to go by because you can just you, know come on out and see. Me we'll talk about the things you want to talk. ABOUT i like on these on these appearances to look at. Samples it's so helpful to have a good quality picture when when you have a picture that shows exactly what's going, on it is just a lot easier to answer the questions. Accurately answer the. Questions. Actory by the, Way i'll be it in our race after the lunch, hour And i'll be there for two. Hours, actually we're going to be doing a lot of a lot of the things that you know that most gardeners are interested. In we can take you around the store and put your hands on products if you need that and you want to be you want to be kind of handheld taken to the, front we can do that while you're. There leave room in the back of your pickup because you need to go home with a barbecue. Pit they have the best barbecue pits and. Accessories ice is, great it's. Great you expect that Of. Race you won't be, DISAPPOINTED i. Promise all, Right, well the music MEANS i need to be, Quiet go get some. Coffee continue to wake up this. MORNING i woke. UP i THINK i still have one eye about half, Open so we're going to see if we can fix. That all, right we'll be.
Speaker 7: Back welcome To katie r H Garden line With Scip Richard.
Speaker 8: Trim just watch him as all.
Speaker 1: Right, folks we're. Back welcome back to Garden. Line good to have you with. Us we are here to answer your. Questions, basically What i'm here for is to help you have a more bountiful, garden a more beautiful, landscape and more fun in the. Process don't forget that last. Part gardening is supposed to be. Fun it. Is we're not in the days where we were scraping to get enough food to. Survive we Are we're In we live in a time a wonderful fortunate to do this. Too we live in a time when food is available and. Plentiful, now if you want to grow your, own go for. It you can do. That AND i you, KNOW i highly recommend that people grow some of their own, vegetables even if you know you live in a beautiful, house beautiful. Landscape, No i'm not going to put a vegetable garden. In put some containers out there and grow some of. Yourself grow some, fresh healthy. Food that is what fifteen hundred miles pressure than what you can grow in your. BACKYARD i think that's a good. Idea and gardening is no respector of. Persons that is another important thing to point out when you Are for, EXAMPLE i have seen the most gorgeous gardens that were built with, timbers AND i don't know if they'll ever pay for the, setup you, know on the garden in terms of the value of the. Vegetables and Then i've seen houses where they're literally fifty white five gallon buckets JUST i don't, know from paint or, something just five gallon buckets in the front yard filled with soil and growing, vegetables lots of. Vegetables you just have to draw holds in the bottom of a. Bucket but my point is is that everybody can, garden and everybody has room for a, garden even if that garden is one small, container you, know at the end of the, driveway OR i mean up on the side of the. Driveway go for. It don't be hampered by. THAT i highly recommend. Too i'm just highly recommended. TODAY i highly recommend. Too if you are anywhere down south or east or southeast Of, houston you stop By Moss nursery this afternoon to be a great. Time by the, Way moss is not just another garden. Center this is a family owned. Nursery you've been around seventy. Years it's eight acres and when you go, there it's like you're just like you're taking a trail through. This plants, everywhere pots, everywhere fountains everywhere you turn a, corner and who, knows you may run into a carved totem pole or something they. Have it's just a fun place to, visit a really nice place to. Visit their houseplants selection is. Incredible they just you, know they get in the little cacti and the various, succulents and then all the lush tropical. Houseplants by the, way they just got in some a little bit, ago some Bones eye, Starters so if you want to try your hand at Bones, eye go by. There pick one up. There they set you on the right. Path it's a good time to get trees. In, still hurry, up get your shirt woody ornamentals in when it's the easiest to plant them and take care of. Them whether it's an azalea or a red bud for spring, bloom a, magnolia a Holly laura pedulum that is A chinese witch. Hazel it has also beautiful spring. Blooms and they have trees like, Well cyprus and so. On it's a great place to shop that's the bottom. Line the website is moss Maas nursery dot. Com the location Is Toddville road And seabrook and the phone number write this down two eight one four seven four twenty four eighty. Eight it's been definitely over a month Since i've been down To. MOSS i need to go check them out and see what's new going. ON i followed them online. ALSO i was talking earlier about the importance of quality soils for your containers and jungle land by. Nitrofoss it's a great, product and it actually is two. Products there's the jungle land for. Indoors that's called the water saving potting. Soil the crystals swell up they hold water even when that the putting soil mix starts to dry out Because i'm watered. It the crystals are holding onto water still and the plant roots have, access so it makes the putting soil a little more. Forgiving let's, say with a erratic watering schedule, outside jungle n flour and vegetable planting soil is the way to. Go these things are made with aged. Bark there's micariz of fungianum. Too by the, Way canadian blonde. Pete they drain, well but they also hold. Water that's what you're looking for in a good quality potting. Soil you're going to find a lot of different products from nitro foss at places like the d And defeat up In Tombole uh the plans for all seasons On. LUETTA. Uh you're also going to find it On luta and two forty. Nine that, is you're going to find it AT Rcw nursery as. Well that's where the intersection of two forty Nine Tomball parkway and THE a eight come. Together you're listening to Garden line if you'd like to give me a call seven one three two one two k t R h or fifty eight seventy four for those of you who are inclined to remind me you don't like to punch letters in to the. Phone we'll try to help everybody. HERE i was talking to somebody the other day when we were, well WHEN i was at actually out Visiting, hoges and we were talking about product's product Called. Weedenator they're asking me about weedenater from The nelson plant foed folks weenat is basically it's not your typical weed and. Feed it utilizes a growth regulator that affects the speed of the, growth and it also has a different kind of post emergent herbicide in it to combat the weeds that are. Existing so if you want it to, work you gotta what the soil or what the leaves. First i'm not talking about irrigating an. Inch i'm just, saying turns sprinklers on enough to wet the leaves and then immediately put the dry grain your fertilizer out, there leave it a day or, two then watered in that day or. Two that actually the first few hours, especially it's soaking that product into the weed leaves and that's how it. Works. Now it also has a slow release, nitrogen which is nice because you're going to get an ongoing feeding from. That and that's from the folks At. Nelson know some plant food makes a lot of good, product and that is just one example of. One for those of you wanted to just do a little quick. Fertilization you use Their bruces. Brew that is a product that gives a quick immediate release and then has some nitrogen that is let's just say in waiting that will gradually release over a significant amount of. Time that's the bruces. Brew so either way you, go you're going to have success with. That our phone number is seven one three two one TWO ktrh or fifty eight seventy four if you'd like to give us a. Call we have to visit with you about the things that interest you as we as we look at the coming, up what's going on coming, Up we're we're kind of at a time where we've passed the average frost, date certainly For south you, Know Hobby airport And south all those regions down that direction were, passed and we are now just passing the average frost date for up At Bush intercontinental and so those of you. North SO i guess the coast is clear to go out and plant some. Plants i'm a little on the conservative. SIDE i pot up my tomatoes and. Pepper i'll go and buy them, early but pot them. UP i buy them early BECAUSE i want the best. Selection pot them, up and then all you have to do is move them to a bigger. Pot and by the time you plan them, MINE i already have a tomato that has blooms on. It so it's been waiting BECAUSE i don't want it to get. Frosted but now the coast is. Clear so potting them up and keeping them growing is a way that you can have good selection and a nice healthy plant and be extra conservative and avoiding that. Frost remember that tomatoes don't like sudden, cold chilly, nights and our nights are still very. Cold oh well for a, tomato very, cold and so you want to if you can put something over them to kind of block the wind a little, bit that will be. Helpful, also you can gradually introduce them to the outdoors just by moving them out during the day and then and bringing him in FOR i guess too cool and kind of acclimate them a little. Bit, well let me take a break and we'll be right back with your calls if. Effect if you want to be first, up you can do it right. Now seven one three two one TWO Ktrh.
Speaker 7: Skymike On skymike and THE Ktrh traffic t.
Speaker 1: We've got Some mondo.
Speaker 7: Problems let's see if we can get you around somehow defendable traffic reports getting you there on. Time you're not even feeling the pain now ON Us radio.
Speaker 1: Seven forts called up on that here Sky MIKE.
Speaker 9: Ktrh want to get really. Growing Arbor Gate Soil complete And Arborgate blend provide a one to two punch that simply. Works this powerful organic, combo designed especially for gardening success in our, area will energize your green thumb like never. Before so head out to the Arbor gate located In tomball ON fm twenty nine to twenty a mile and a half west Of highway two forty, nine or visit us online At arburgate dot.
Speaker 10: Com Southern Front door has any kind of door you. Need front, door, backdoor side, door solid wood, doors forged iron doors that are highly decorative but also incredibly secure and.
Speaker 1: Safe that's what we.
Speaker 10: Have Southern front dot com two eight one eight nine oh fifty eight sixty two eight one eight nine oh fifty eight Sixty Southern front dot Com family owned and, operated locally owned and Operated Southern front dot. Com you love your dog LIKE i Love, george My german. Shepherd roughr Uff greens dot. Com use the promo Code. George they'll send you a Free jumpstart trial. Bag it is a food supplement for your dog and they will love. It roughgreens dot com promo Code george.
Speaker 1: For more information about contest on this.
Speaker 11: Station go to katireach dot com slash rules.
Speaker 1: In need anyway you want? Same all, Right welcome back To. Guardline good to have you with. Us we're here to help you have a bountiful, garden a beautiful, landscape and more fun in the. Process that's kind of how it. Works let's start this segment by going out to Sugar land and we're going to talk To. Debbie, Hello, debbie welcome to Garden.
Speaker 5: Line thank you very. Much good morning on this daylight saving time.
Speaker 1: Day, okay that that makes. SENSE i wasn't even thinking about that on the. Air the morning started kind of, slow AND i think it's because people are still waking.
Speaker 12: Up, YES i WISH i was still, asleep But i'm.
Speaker 5: Not but my question two THINGS i. Have Number, ONE i have all these areas in my front yard that have no grass. Growing what DO i do to the soil BEFORE i buy some grass to put on?
Speaker 1: Them, well depending on what condition your soil is. In you, know if it's heavy clay and you want to mix in a little bit of a blend with a little organic matter in, IT i would definitely do. Leveling right. Now there are some mixes you can put out to fill low. Spots if you got roots that are sticking up you're tripping, over you, know bring the soil up around those as. Well just kind of get all that. Right if you have any perennial, weeds then you definitely need to spray those and get rid of them before you put your grass in because a lot of them will just come up through the.
Speaker 4: Grass, okay and then you've already mentioned.
Speaker 5: THIS i have heavy gumbo soil clay soil in the, back AND i want to plant, things but it's like.
Speaker 13: So heavy to even what SHOULD i mix with that and make it.
Speaker 1: Better clay cell is a tricky, thing you. Know if it's too wet and you try to work it like with a, rototiller just as an, example it just really destroys the soil. Structure it's not. Good and if it's too, dry it's like. Concrete and so you got to catch it at the right moisture content to be able to do much to. It but don't forget that even just a clay soil grass will grow in. That because we'll think about. This the soil growers down along The Gulf coast area, here they grow in a clay. SOIL a lot of them. Do and so when when that grass comes, in you probably have noticed like a black clay underneath, it and they just had sliced that off from the. Field so they're not growing in composty. Soil they're growing in a, clay and so grass can be.
Speaker 13: This is WHERE i want to put.
Speaker 1: Plants so oh a, plant, okay, yes, okay that's. Easy get a good quality, mix a quality, mix and mix it a little bit with the clay if you. CAN i like to not have a sudden transition from wonderful soil just to a solid pie right and then and then continue to fill it. Up make a raised bed so you know you got good. Drainage so even when it's, rainy, rainy, soggy the plant roots some of them at least are up there in the. Bed and that that's WHAT i would do for preparing for. Plants and there's a lot of good bed. Mixes for most. Plants you could just use a rose soil and rose soil a lot of things in. That you, know a flower doesn't know it's a rose. SOIL i, mean it's a good soil you.
Speaker 6: Can, use thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much, Yeah and for, veggies and herbs and. THINGS a little finer textured soil would work.
Speaker 13: Good, OKAY i appreciate.
Speaker 6: It great, day all, right.
Speaker 1: You take, Care thanks for the. Call appreciate it.
Speaker 14: All.
Speaker 1: Right you are listening to Garden line our phone number seven one three two one two k t R h seven one three and TWO. Ktrh, hey speaking of. Soil just visiting With. Debbie There Nature's Way. Resources they're north Of houston on the way To conro right where fourteen eighty eight comes Into highway forty Five interstate forty. Five you just turn right and go across the railroad tracks and you're right There Sherbrooke circle Where Nature's Way resources. This let me give you their website because there's a lot of good. Information they've kind of done a revamp on the. Website it's really. Nice Nature's Way resources dot. Com Nature's Way resources dot. Com they have a. Roassoil they have high quality leaf mold composts for those of you who are doing a do it yourself kind of top dressing or just want a leaf mold compost for your. Beds they also have soil for, vegetables soil for fruit, trees and then they have a wide variety of mulchiz, Too so you can talk to them and, say, WELL i want to grow, this which one would you, recommend you, know and then they're going to be able to tell. You they'll P you can go up there and get. It they sell it by the bag in quite a few locations around The houston, area or you can have them deliver it to where you. Are put her on the. Driveway but whatever you, do get the soil. Right debbie was right in that. Call you know she's about to put in a. Bed what DO i do? First that is. Important Nature's Way resources have been doing. That they're kind of like the grandfather of the soil suppliers around our whole region because they've been doing it a long time and they know how to do, it and a lot of our quality things like like the rosa and leaf more compost for, example were born there At Nature's Way resources starts with the, soil brown stuff before green stuff and all of that kind of. Thing, Well Leak City feed is down In League, city and we love our feed stores here On. Guardline Leak City feed is just south a few blocks south Of highway ninety six On highway three In League. City so all the communities out, there this is your hometown feed, store Like San, Leone Lamark, Bay, Cliff, Webster, Elkamina, Reale, Dickinson Santa. Fe you get the. Idea they are an old time feed. Store they still carry your bags out for, you the sacks of. Feed they have the products THAT i talk, about like nitroposcinasemite and. Microlife they carry air limb soils there as, well and then they carry now some plat food products. Also now when you go To League City, feed if you have any kind of a weed, disease insect past, problems you just talk to them in, there and they've got the products to manage those as. Well and of course they're a feed, store so they have a lot of the things you would expect a feed. STORE i Have League City feed that is two eight one three three two sixteen. Twelve they're Open monday Through saturday nine to, six so you can go buy after. Work close today's two eight one three three two sixteen. TWELVE i always enjoy going into feed. Stores you, KNOW i grew UP i went with my dad into feed. Stores we had a little ranch with some cattle on it and we would always go in there and that that smell of a feed, STORE i just love. It it's an, earthy mat malty maybe kind of. SMELL i enjoy. That so they had a charge of mission for me to come in there and just smell the. Store that is a wonderful. Spell you know how when it comes to, memories smells or one of the things we most hold on. To you can take somebody that's ninety years old and you bake some cookies out in the kitchen and they smell, that and it's just it takes them right back to when they helped grandma bake cookies when they're a little. Kid that's how smells. ARE i think that's a wonderful. Thing an old ninety year old gardener at a community garden In conroe once or he always would, say how do you put? It flowers leave part of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them something like. That, anyway it was a nice. Quote someone asked me about as mite too. Yesterday they were just trying to figure out what so what is? That and DO i use it instead of my fertilizer or? Whatever, no your fertilizers put in the big macro nutrients typically organics are going to have some of, it a little bit of everything in. Them asamite is designed in mind from In. Utah it is designed to put down as a trace mineral, supplement so you don't use as much of. It but you can do the azomite in springtime the fall, time doing both if you, want and provide those minerals that are required for a plant to grow but aren't needed in large. Quantities when you put azimite, down it doesn't make your long term. Green it puts nutrients that the plant has to have in the bank account and your other fertilizers making your law term. Green asamite make sure that when and it tries to grow because of all that, fertilizer that it has everything it needs because without micros you can't grow a. PLANT i even say use it in a vegetable. Garden about ten pounds per thousands square. Feet you can go to Azamite texas dot com Asimite texas dot com and you can find out a lot about it if you'd like to do. That, now where do you find? It, Well i've seen it in a lot Of a's hardware, stores a Certainly southwest. Fertilizer i've seen it on pretty much all the garden CENTERS i go, into and a lot of the feed stores also carry the asamite because they know people want it and it works as simple as. That, well one word about applying, Things this just kind of occurred to me with. Azimite different things we apply to our lawn have different particle. Sizes you, know organic fertilizers often have a larger particle, size not, always but. Often then there's the regular fertilizers that have a you, know good sized, particles and so when you put them, out you have to open the little drop door on your spreader to allow them to get through there and get. Out when you look at things like azemite and, barricade those are real small, granules and so you are basically you are, basically you, know closing that door down a lot so you don't over apply. Them so you never want to mix those kinds of. Products i'll use azemite and barricades to examples into your fertilizer hopper and then put it out with your. Fertilizer and the reason is that you won't get an even. Distribution and so WHAT i would recommend is do your fertilization and then do your azemite or barricade that you're gonna, do or vice, versa but just do it in two separate. Passes also with those small, things sometimes it's hard to know exactly how much you're putting out in the. Spreader settings don't always you, know just really jive in terms of being really. ACCURATE i found, that and SO i will go to the lowest possible setting for that product that you're putting. Out and Now i'll even shrink it down just a little, bit And i'll put it out going north, south and then i'll put it out going east. West And i'm trying to avoid getting halfway through the lawn and all the product's. Gone SO i double, dosed you, know part of the, lawn AND i didn't dose it all the other. Part and double dosing and things are not a good, idea especially with products to control. Weeds SO i will do it that, Way and that's kind of hedging your. Bet that's being conservative to make sure because you can always when you, finish if you've got some, left all you got to do is go back over it. Again maybe open the door a little. More makes it. Easy so here here's a quick tip that those of you who have a spreader and you have a product and you don't know what to. Do you can't find your spreader on the product bag or vice. Versa any, way on walk behind, spreaders if you go to wherever the middle number is and move it up a notch or two above half for, fertilizer that's for. Fertilizer so if there are twenty notches on the, spreader you'd set it on eleven or. Twelve that's one or two above the. Middle, okay that's for. Fertilizer for pre emergent, herbicides small, particles, Right, okay you want to on a walk behind, spreader you want to put it a notch above one. Quarter so using the twenty notch, example one fourth of twenty is, five and maybe you can go five or six for the. Setting but AGAIN i would seriously consider even going a little bit lower and then being ready to come crossways across it for better uniformity and also to avoid over. Applying and then so that's that's for pre emergent small particle. Things, OKAY i hope that helps that else it makes it makes sense to, ME i NEED i need to add that to the. Website that would be a good thing to put up. There let's, see we are just about to hit another. Break i'm going to remind you That i'm going to be at Jnr Ace Hardware importer Next, Saturday Next, saturday and the time IS i checked out to make sure twelve to, two twelve noon to two, pm So i'll be there for two. Hours come on, in let's meet and. Talk we will definitely analyze your samples and photos and, things will make suggestions on the. Radio you, know the calls have to be short because we have other calls and other business to attend to here on the. Radio but when you come to one of these, APPEARANCES i can just sit and. Visit AND i did that, yesterday done At jorges with the folks that came. Out so twelve to two j N Ra Ace importer Next. Saturday i'm gonna take a. Break jared's going to come in and tell us the breaking news of the day and Then i'll come. Back if you never learned how to dance the, swing now would be a good time to. Learn had somebody come up to me At jorges, yesterday And i've had this happens a, lot but they come up and they, SAY i really like the music you. Play it's, like, okay well that means you're weird. TOO i like to mix it up a little. Bit you, know we got the standard, stuff but we threw a few surprises in, there like a little bit of cool. Stuff let's go out to the West side and we're going to talk To. Rob, Hey, Hey, rob welcome To. Guardline, hey thank you very. Much good morning to.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 15: YEAH i sent you a couple of emails in the passer with some photos of. THIS i acquired a property here In katie here back In, october and we just sold our big, house, kits you're gone now and we've got a little house. Now AND i gave my word to the landlord THAT i was going to revive his. Yard AND i started using uh y'all's, schedule and, uh you, KNOW i also did a soil analysis report WITH Aggr Life extension and AND i started following that it wanted me to add an additional pound of night of. Nitrogen and, Uh i'm to the point. NOW i don't know if you had a chance to review those, photos BUT i got a lot of bear spots where there's uh AND i just. DON'T i, know there's no, grass no turf is going to grow. THERE i was thinking. Of, uh first of, All i'm going to errate it here in the next week or, so just to start. Out, uh would you suggest an application of? Overseeding and if, so do you suggest what do you think about that water saver WITH? Rtf then the natural fescue without that has zero percent wheat.
Speaker 1: SEED i wouldn't overseed in general right, now and the fescue is not going to make it as a lawn down. Here we are just too. Hot. Uh you know it has succumbed to. Diseases that's one, thing but in, general it's it's not something we. Do AND i know a lot of people have moved in from further, north and you know they love. Fescat it's a, nice, soft wonderful, lawn long, Grass, uh but just not for this. AREA i see in one of the photos four legged. PET i bet he likes traps across the.
Speaker 15: Lawn so, yeah that's that's that's my service. Dog that's my that's my blue Since. Iraq yeah he's, uh well he's, yeah he's got to be in.
Speaker 1: Everything so, yeah it's a, Husky is it? True what they say about the way they yelled when they.
Speaker 15: Bark, yeah they don't bark THEY i mean he has something to say.
Speaker 1: About he gives you the. BUSINESS i mean every time he's.
Speaker 15: He, owls. Yips that's where he. Was he was a human being in another.
Speaker 1: That's, funny all. Right, well everybody needs somebody to keep them in. Line so you're WHAT i would do in your. Yard i'd looked through the pictures AND i didn't see any perennial. Weeds but if there was something, perennial like some mutographs growing in what you want to Be Saint, augustine now is the time to go ahead and get rid of. It it may help to wait a little bit longer where it actually starts to, grow because the products work better when it's actively. Growing other than, that getting the organic material off the, surface you, know kind of getting it all out of there so you can lay your sod and you get good sod to soil. Contact that's important in. RECEEDING i would water the yard a day or two BEFORE i put the sod down to get make sure you got a good. Soaking and then when you plant the, sod very, lightly water twice a day for a, week once a day for another, week and then begin to wean off to a regular.
Speaker 15: Schedule, okay so you're suggesting sodding those dead blank, spots, yes and just leaving Because i've been digging up there AND i did, it but just constantly pulling up that creeping grass for days and days on on IN i did go ahead back In, NOVEMBER i did uh uh what do you call it when you uh that mean.
Speaker 1: Scene where you uh air, no not air not air eight constarn.
Speaker 16: It it's where you tear it up there with the times oh rototail like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, like, YEAH i did. That, YEAH i did.
Speaker 15: THAT i have an electric one there AND i picked up a lot a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 1: There but uh but, yeah so you saw.
Speaker 6: It it was probably my best.
Speaker 17: Bet.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah and what you're calling a creeping grass Is Saint, augustine which is the most widely used turf species in our. Area but, okay, anyway, yeah but It's Saint augustine's easy to get rid. Of it doesn't have anything underground that will pop. Up you scraped the surface and you've finished The Saint augustine. Off Uh so that's. Good that is if you're replacing it with something that would be, good and, Uh Saint augustine is a good. Choice bermuda grass Is, okay it has its pros and. Cons you need to mow it a lot more often for it to look its, best and, also uh it gets into flower beds and, things so that's just a trade. Off and then finally we have, zelesia which also can spread. Underground, yeah you got some good options out. There, okay all, Right dan Well Saint.
Speaker 15: Augustine it is now as far as the rest of the, turf, uh would you suggest like a soil activator or some kind of top top dressing the one or two inches of that to spread over the existing.
Speaker 1: Turf so there's some areas you're not going to, replace right, Right, Yeah i'm not going to replace the whole yard. Yet this is this is just a.
Speaker 15: Rental, YEAH i don't want to put too much money Into, yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Okay so on those, areas, UH i just just get the new turf established and once it's been in for almost a, month you can begin to fertilize.
Speaker 2: It you.
Speaker 1: Know, initially initially just hold, off and then once it's been, in you can begin to fertilize. It it could be a couple of weeks, even but, yeah it takes. It it takes it a while to really begin to root, in you, know so maybe a couple of weeks before it's getting a decent root system started and looking at.
Speaker 15: It all, right all, right one other question And i'll Let i'll let you. Go what CAN i do with speak speaking of blue with the burn spots of the?
Speaker 1: Dogs, yeah there there's not other than just drenching that area and trying to wash the salts out in the. Right that would be about the only. Thing, okay all, right.
Speaker 15: All, right it was so wonderful to finally talk to, you, buddy. MAN i sure do appreciate your. Help, WELL i feel the. Same thanks for. CALLING i look forward to visiting with you.
Speaker 1: Again so oh, Yeah i'll definitely check you.
Speaker 15: Out you were just talking about you were going to be some somewhere soon and, yeah and IF i don't make, That I'll i'll definitely catch up with you this.
Speaker 1: Summer, Well i'm Gonna i'm going to be At Southwest, fertilizer which is pretty close to where you, are, uh and just there getting my, gas getting my grass. Seed there you, go there you. Go, Yeah i'll be there in the end Of, april So i'll tell you more about.
Speaker 15: IT a, fertilizer, okay all, right, yeah it was a. Fertilizer i'm. Sorry was that it was that fertilizer THAT i got From? Southwest so, okay that's that's the early green, up the fast acting, yeah, yes, yeah, okay all, right?
Speaker 17: Brother when when when was?
Speaker 1: It you said you were going to be At southwest Late.
Speaker 16: April But i'll talk about it on the air as we get. Closer all, right, BROTHER i sure appreciate. You take, it all, right all, right take, care.
Speaker 1: Alrighty let's see here we. ARE i. WANNA i want to talk about an Enchanted, forest a garden center down there in The Richmond rosenberg, Area Enchanted. Forest if you're heading From richmond to the direction of Sugar, land you, know going going up the, highway it's off to the. Right another location of it IS fm twenty seven fifty NINE fm two seven five. Nine you can go to their, website WHICH i would recommend you. Do these these places THAT i talk about have really good helpful. Websites theirs Is Enchanted, Forest, RICHMOND tx dot. Com Enchanted Forest, RICHMOND tx dot. Com when you go there you find out things they just got in a new set of painted painted pottery types of items that are super, cool really. Cool they also have gotten in, kalladiums so you, know kalladiums are the big beautiful way to get color in the. Summertime that that works pretty. Well AND i love those and their selection of both vegetables and herbs and flowers and perennials and ornamental grasses and. Everything it's just. Outstanding and they are loaded to the. Hilt right. Now you can go into one of the greenhouses and got string ofs you name, it string of, pearls you, know the tons of. Succulent you got to go see. It it is really. Cool and Sheened, Forest, RICHMOND tx dot. Com i'm gonna take a break and be right. Back all, right let's get back going on. This if you would like to give me a, Call we're got our last little segment of the seven o'clock hour seven one three two one two ktrh or dotting my numbers fifty eight seventy four Wild birds. Unlimited you need to go into. ONE i keep telling you this and you need to do. THIS i did it years ago and WHEN i walked Into Wilbirds, unlimited it was like. Wow and we have six stores here in The houston. Area so if you live in Clear, lake if you live In, cyprus if you live west side Of houston Bell Air, boulevard also excuse, me The memorial and then the South side or South park just south of downtown Bell Air. Boulevard so there's one both On memorial and On air In. Houston, Kingwood texas has won On Kingwood drive and then Pear land has one On Broadway East. Broadway so it's easy to find A Walldbird's unlimited near you and when you go, in you find. Expertise these folks know, birds they really, do and they can explain everything you need to. Know doesn't matter what kind of bird you. Want right now is the time to put out nesting super. Blend nesting super blend has that essential protein the birds eat and it also has calcium in. It, now calcium is, important of course for the skeleton development of the, bird but when they're laying, eggs they have a greater need for calcium than other animals do because they're producing the. Eggshells so in the spring we're in nesting season now and in the, summertime which can also be nesting season for some. Species the nesting super blend is the outstanding bird seed to, do and it is high. Quality you don't get stuff the birds don't want to eat in, it like a cheap bird. Seed this. One if it's in the, bag the bird you can eat. It that's kind of how that, works you. Know sometimes the wabbirds has things called no mess, blends which mean that sunflowers don't even have shells on them like. That but, anyway you need to consider that also a good time for cardinal. Confetti, still cardinal confetti is a wonderful mix for. Birds it's got safflower, oil black, oil, sunflowers sunflower, chips it's got, bark, butter peanut, halves dried, mealworms a type of. SUNFLOWER i, mean lots of things in it as. Well and check out their cardinal tube feeder and they're good evening cardinal. Feeder those are really. Cool, now the other DAY i got me one of the, feeders the hopper types of, feeders and the type Called Echo tough and the reason is it's made from recycloplastic and it is very, strong very, durable very long, lasting got a nice white. Roof that's one THING i like about. Mine when it, rains you, know some bird, feeders the water gets in there and then all that feed that are seed that's sitting, there you, know it gets musty and yet to toss that. Out this one has a little larger, roof so you have that less of a problem unless the rains coming, sideways which it can do when the wind. Blows, anyway check out Wild Birds unlimited at our six locations Again, Parland Kingwood West side Of, Houston Memorial, southside Bel Air boulevard Southwest, side And Barker cypress and In cypress And eldorado uping down in Clear. LAKE i love going in, THERE i. DO i was listening to a bird the other day WHEN i was in the house doing some computer, work and this guy was just he was singing up a storm just. Outside so they're happy right. NOW i think what he was. Doing IF i could speak, bird he was probably yelling at me to get out there and check the, feeders make sure they have everything they. Need it sounds like one of those birds we were talking about furtilizing the lawn earlier and nitrophas put together they're a product Called. Imperial it's a red and orange. Bag they did this like almost fifty years ago and, so and it was based it's a fifteen to five to. Ten it was based on research done At Turf university turf, programs and so the fifteen five to ten is a perfect balance of the things that turf needs in that right. Ratio So Nitrofos, imperial that's the red orange, bag is a great one for when you're doing an early quick greenup in the. Spring because it's immediately. Available you can use it anytime of year you. Want but as we get toward the, SUMMERTIME i generally will switch to one of their products that has a slower release in. It but you can Use imperial on through the season if you like to do. That but spring greenup this is the time when people head out and grab The. Imperial now where do you get? It, well nitropas products are sold a lot of, places hiding and feet up ON i forty, Five, north Auspa, Alspasese, Woodlands Ace Hardware, city On Memorial you've got an Acidsinco. Ranch so those are a lot of places that you can find quality nitropost products Like imperial looking at the clock, Here, well probably if it's a quick, call we've probably had a little time for. It BUT i want to talk. About, oh the folks at The Herb, society The Pioneer, unit that's our local regional unit here of The Herb society Of america is doing their Annual Herb forum and the title Is unlocking The mysteries Of Herbs. Superpowers so this is stuff like restoring biodiversity to your, soil the science of aroma. Therapy there you. GO i GUESS i got to get out. THERE i was just talking about a smells and memory and all that healing chemicals of herbs and growing herbs here in this. Region they're going to have. Demonstrations you get to interact with the. Speakers it's at The Festival Hill institute this Coming, Saturday march, fifteenth from nine am to four. Pm nine am to four Pm saturday the. Fifteen this is In Round, Rock. Texas so you're gonna have a little outing to get out and do it. Now it does Cost it's eighty dollars for the. Registration that includes a lunch and all of the other things that they have going on out. There just go to the Website Festival hill dot Org Festival hill dot, org and you can learn more about. That we have a lot of plant, societies you, know that really get into different kinds of. Plants i've got The Plumeria, society and, oh of course The Rose folks Of. Rosarians Houston Rose society is a, great great organization as. Well and there's. More there's more. Societies pretty much every plant has a. SOCIETY i was going to start a society for ball. Moss and this is tongue in. Cheek don't get, upset but poor ball. Moss everybody hates, it but it is kind of cool and it provides silvery gray. FOLIAGE i took some ball mass time AND i had a little stand on the on the. DESK i wouldn't stand with a doll sticking, up AND i glued ball maas to the top of. It and that was my. PLANT i just kind of missed it every now and, then and so it needs more sunlight than there was on my. Desk all, Right, WELL i don't Think balmas is ever going to have a. SOCIETY i actually put up a, website WENT i need to bring that, back The Ballmas society. Website put up a website For ballmas one. Time, Yeah i'm. Serious i'm. Serious i'm also that that probably you, know proves. IT i don't have both yours oars in the, water as they. Say all, Right, well coming up Next, Saturday i'm going to be AT j AND R ace In. PORTER i hope you'll come out to see. Me we're going to be doing giveaways as we always. Do come on out there twelve to, Two so twelve noon to. Two get you in early lunch and swing out TO j and Our ace And porter especially all of you guys up north and, west come on out and see. Me Something i've noticed sometimes people go across town because they can't come When i'm minute they're part of. Town they'll go across town to come on of. These we'll let. You we'll let you do. That that, Helps, Okay, well don't forget my schedules online at gardening with skip dot. Com when you go, there you are going to see a lot of different. Things at the web, page for, example you can click on all publications and BOY i done At jorges yesterday we had a long talk about controlling woody weeds in the landscaping garden AND i have a free publication on how to do, that that, is and they wanted to talk about, nutsedge and boy we ever talk about nutsedge and my weed, Wife. Berna those are all things managing nematodes in the, garden that's another. One these are. Free you can't talk me down. There we'll be right.
Speaker 7: Now welcome To katy. R. H Garden line with Skimp rickard's.
Speaker 8: Trip just watch him as so many good things to see by.
Speaker 1: S welcome back to Guard, line. Folks we are going here on a Nice sunday. Morning hopefully you are enjoying the. Show and you, know if you if your neighbors don't listen to Guard, line you wanna you wanna tell him about, it especially the neighbor that didn't take care of his place or her. Place tell HIM i got a great show to listen. To maybe they'll maybe they'll listen and you, know start sprushing up the place a little. BIT i don't. Know that's a long, shot but, hey we're gonna we're gonna try go far it. Anyway, well first THING i want to do is go out to the phones To bill In galveston and so Hey, Bill, Hello, bill are you? There? Okay? Hello, yes we got. You welcome to Guard. Line thank.
Speaker 3: YOU i sent you some photos and we talked about you.
Speaker 2: Online i'm concerned about doing WHAT i want to do with, it cutting off with creeing these trees because of the size of the, limbs AND i want to make sure to damage.
Speaker 1: The, yes, okay so, yeah, Yeah AND i sent you a couple of, links you, know and just general arbiculture types of. Things, so, uh you can cut, off you, know as big a limb as you. Want but at some, point when you're cutting off a limb that's you, know really, large it's never going to heal over in the life of that, tree, probably but way before it heals, over the wood that's exposed will with moisture and rain and stuff start to, rot and then you end up with an interior. Decay that happens on a lot of. Trees so the main thing is make the cut where it. BELONGS i had one of the THINGS i sent you showed how to make a three point cut a three point cut and doing it that, way cutting in the right, place leaving the branch. Collar you don't need to paint the. Cut that's probably the best. WAY i didn't realize you had access to. Equipment WHEN i was answering you, FIRST i just, thought oh my, gosh how do You but that's, good that's good that you.
Speaker 2: Do i'm just concerned THAT i don't want to damage the. Tree it's not my, tree it's my neighbor's.
Speaker 1: Tree, well, Okay i'm not a, lawyer SO i can't really comment on liabilities and issues things like. That but if you follow the pruning directions on where to make, CUTS i think that's. GOOD i would try to avoid cutting a branch off where you're just leaving the end stump of the, branch like if you make a, fist your arm is the branch and it just ends in a. Stump if you can find a place where a good sized branch goes off from, it then and it needs to be you, know reasonably, close maybe a third the size or, bigger maybe better half the size of the branch you're cutting it off. Of that's. Better that's called a thinning, cut and it's better to go that. Way BUT i would just suggest you go, online look at those, resources look at how they describe it, out and go that route that that'll get you as close to doing a good job as.
Speaker 2: You can, okay But i'll do, That.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir be careful and stay, Safe, okay that's for. Sure Southwest fertilizer In Southwest, houston CORNER A bissinett And renwick is the place to go for anything you're looking for when it comes to your, garden your law and your. Garden do you need a walk behind a fertilizer? Spreader do you want a handheld fertilizer? Spreader do you want? Tools they got a ninety foot wall of. Them do you want? Fertilizer every FERTILIZER i talk about and more is there At Southwest. Fertilizer do you need something to prevent? Weeds do you need something to control? Weeds they've got it. All and if you're an organic, gardener this is the place where you'll find the largest selection of organic products in the Greater houston. Area it is so it's for, everybody, really AND i would recommend you go check it. Out they have plants. Outside they also bring in some plants as, well and then they have the. Soils a lot of the soil stuff, well first of, all Like Nature's way resources or like airloom soils for, example and then products from just every brand you can imagine That's Southwest, fertilizer corner Of bissinet And. Runwick the website Of Southwest fertilizer dot. Com the phone number seven one three six sixty six one seven four. Four we are now going to head out to the phones and go to the heights and talk To. NANCY i can Get. Nancy, Hey, Nancy welcome To.
Speaker 18: Guardenline thank, you thank. You this isn't really a garden. Question it's more like a weather tree. Question, oh you, know they start to drop their pollen and that stringy yellow GREENY i don't, know a little flowery. Things, yes when it starts to. Happen we're having our house painted soon And i'm, thinking oh my, gosh we're going.
Speaker 1: To be Getting that is a good, question.
Speaker 12: You.
Speaker 1: Know it's it's those things that happen every, year AND i just don't pay attention to exactly it's a spring, thing but you know exactly when it's going to vary a little bit year by year due to the. Weather So i'm, SORRY i. Can't i'm not going to be able to tell you. That if you talk to some tree expert or, something maybe maybe they are more aware of exactly when that's.
Speaker 18: Happening, okay, Well i'm just going to cross my fingers and hope it's before or after we get our house paying.
Speaker 1: It then there you, go there you, go all, right all, right thank you very. MUCH i appreciate. That, YEAH i hadn't thought about when does a pollen. OCCUR i was listening to a friend of mine that has a radio show over In, mississippi and he was he, said there's what did you? SAY i don't, know seven or twelve or some number of seasons In, mississippi and one of the seasons was was pollen in the. Spring it comes before real spring and after fake, spring our deceptive spring or something like. THAT i have to look that up. Sometimes he's. Hilarious arburgate up In. Tomball in, fact you know, WHAT i was just thinking about this a little bit. Ago arburgate is having a program on vegetable growing and if you this week On, WEDNESDAY i believe it's On. Wednesday, yeah The arburgate program on vegetables. Growing you need to go out there and check it out and give them a call find out about. IT i believe THAT i got that date right in. There but, anyway in, fact it may be you know what you ought to call, Them it may be already filled. Up they had a limited space. Available call them first before you just drive out. There now it's never a bad day to drive To, arburgate so it's a win win. Whatever BUT i was looking at their selection a little while. Back the fruit, trees berries and grapes, EVERYWHERE i mean just all year or two by the, way you can Buy you can buy fruit trees year around there At. Arburgate the roses are in, bloom and boy do they ever look. Good they look. Wonderful you, know if you're looking to do the brown stuff before greens stuff to get the soil right to make the. Foundation they have three bags and It's Organic Food, complete which is an organic food plus, Calcium Organic Soil, complete which is the soil product that also has some expanded shale in. It expanded shale is important for clay soils and keeping them. Open and Then Organic Compost complete also has expanded jale in it as. Well now you can buy those by bulk, Too so if you're interested in a bulk amount of it and building a bed or, something just just call them An arbigat and they can tell you all about. It But i'll tell you. This when it comes to anything you'd want a, plant they have a wonderful selection of, it and it's a fun place to. Shop check out the gift. Shops they're really. Cool and while you're, there you're going to experience. This somebody that works there is going to come up and greet, you and they are going to offer to help. You if you need them to walk around with you to pick up some, plants or you want them to go over here and look at this plant and tell you what it. Does they do. That that's the kind of service you get At arborgate and the expertise that comes with. THAT i BELIEVE i need to take a little break And i'll be right back with your calls.
Speaker 2: A.
Speaker 1: RAGTIME i haven't played ragtime on the show in a long, time SO i just. Did there you, go let's head out To West. Houston we are going to talk To. Rita, Hey, rita welcome to Guarden. Line, okay there we, Go Hey, Rita welcome to Garden. Line two times we got you.
Speaker 19: On okay. PERFECT i have some trees or some, weeds any weeds that are growing in my yard, randomly AND i just would like to find a good arborist to come out and tell me to those stay or should they?
Speaker 1: Go, okay affordable tree is arbus we talk about here on. GARDEN i am not sure if they're taking some new people right now or. Not you would just you really would just need to give them a call that, okay you? Know and LIKE i, said they they may they may not be able to do. That And i'm trying to find.
Speaker 19: Huh FALL i got online AND i did call somebody AND i filled out a form AND i thought it was for affordable, trees BUT i never heard back from them it was it was AND i probably you, know SO i don't know the.
Speaker 1: Foe, yeah they've been on. Hold they've been on the hole for a little.
Speaker 3: Bit BUT.
Speaker 1: I, would, uh let me ask you, this what are you? Wanting what about the woody weedy? Trees? Uh CAN i help you with a question on? That or do you just want somebody to do?
Speaker 19: IT i just WANT i want somebody to tell me or is that is that really a? Tree or is it a? Weed and it's been a place Where i'm. WORRIED i have a patio home And i'm afraid that it might be the root system might be not good part of, them know, you it's scrolling against a.
Speaker 6: Brick, okay here's What.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do for. You if you, Will if you, will when they have leaves on, them if you will pick a leaf and lay them on a, table put a little number by, each maybe a sharpie, on write the number on the leaf or, whatever and just send me an. Email i'm gonna put you on, hold my producer pick up WHERE i can see the. Numbers, now don't give me twenty different, plants but just a, few AND i will look at, them AND i will tell you what each of them, are And i'll make a comment about that's a good, one that's not a good. One, now if you try to pigainst your, foundation that's probably not a good place a. Tree.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 19: Yeah see that's What i'm wondering IF i need to get them. Back, okay that sounds. Perfect thank you so. Much and he's going to give me your.
Speaker 1: Email, Rock, yes just just hang on and Uh jonathan will pick. Up thank. You all, right let's go. Here the other, day what WAS i. DOING i was fertilizing some, HOUSEPLANTS i, believe AND i grabbed microlife biomatrix the orange, label and that is a product that's a seven to one three AND i use. THAT i mix it in water and then just drench and over WHEN i water the. Plant you can do at a very low rate every time you, water or you could just, decide you, know once a month or, So i'm going to put a little boost in. Them And Microlife biomatrix one of my favorite of the liquid the many liquid products that they. Carry that seven to one three is a little extra boost of that first. Number houseplants are foliage plants by and, large and that is a perfect blend for. Them, now you don't have to use it in the. House you can do it on your vegetable, gardens on your you, know flower beds or whatever you want to. Do but it is one that it's one of the ONES i basically look at When i'm trying to help a. HOUSEPLANT i Know i'm going to get a good boost out of that. One the other product THAT i want to tell about Is Microlife Ocean. Harvest that's a blue. Label, Okay biomatrix is. Orange Ocean harvest is blue because the ocean is, blue at least it should. Be it's a four to two three fertilizer that's based on fish. Product so when you do, THAT i would do that one outside because you're gonna smell a little bit of fish on. There and unless you got housecats that you want digging in your, POTS i WOULD i would not do that that. One but it is an excellent. Product it's not gonna. Burn it's not gonna. Burn you can use it as a folio spray if you. Want you can use it as a. DRENCH i would suggest that when you're planting you could use. It Microlife Ocean. Harvest that's just two of, many Many microlife products that are available widely here in The houston. Area you can go To Microlife fertilizer dot com for more information and a list of. Retailers you were listening To, gardenline the phone number here is seven one three two one two fifty eight seventy. Four or if you want a die by, letter it's THE ktrh radio. Station so the last four numbers ARE, ktrh which are, letters but they're also numbers on your. Phone all, RIGHT i was talking About. Microlife you can go to AN ace hardware store and you're going to Find. Microlife i'll tell you that and it. Is they have so many different various. Products BUT Ace hardware here in our, region THE Ace hardware stores THAT i talk about here in our, region if you want to see where they, are you can go TO Ace Hardware. TEXAS Ace hardwaretexes dot, Com acehardwaretexs dot. Com NOW i know it Says, texas but it's going to really focus on the stores here around the Greater houston. Area, okay when you go, there you're going to find out information on what's going on WITH. ACE i would highly recommend WITH. Ace you may be going in there to get bends or shelving because you're cleaning up the. Garage you may go to get products like treating your deck and making sure it's recealed and. Everything or you may be in for the, garden WHICH i hope and suspect you will. Be they're going to carry. Fertilizers hearing me talk about pest control. Products they have a lot of things making the outdoor a more livable. Place AND Ace hardware stores are Not they're not difficult to find here in The houston. Area just go TO Ace Hardware texas dot. Com you'll find stores like The Sinkle, Ranch ace like the A Plantation, ace which is down in The Richmond rosenberg. Area you're going to find stores Like Spring ace On Spring Cypress. Road and for those of you listening way down the, coast there's A Rockport ace On State highway thirty five and a Port Lavaka ace On Calhoun. Plaza it's just to show that we got aces all over the. Place you're listening To guardline's phone number, again seven one three two one two k t R. H yesterday was a day WHERE i couldn't hardly get to all the, calls and today's a nice quiet. Day so if you're somebody that doesn't want to wait in line, long, well today'd be a good day to. Call and WHEN i say, that then of course maybe the phone's light. Up but first to call gets to be, on that's for. Sure another reminder that if you're gonna put a pre emergent down on your, lawn you need to get it done as ap to get the most benefit from. It after weed sprouts and starts to, grow these pre emergents are not gonna kill. Them they're. Not they don't kill existing. Weeds some of them kill weeds when they're really really. Young but, anyway you need to get it. Done that's. Important barricade barricade by nitrofoss is a. Product it controls broad leaf weeds and grassy weeds as. Well another THING i like about, barricade it's better than a lot of the pre emergence in sticking to the soil and not moving in the soil because it's made to form a. Barricade if it washed off when the weed, sprout there's no barricade. There now it forms a barricade on the soil. Surface you put it. Down you need to water it in with a half inch of water about just to move it down into the soil, Surface, okay and then it goes to. Work always follow the, label use the label. Rate don't think if you do it double you're going to kill more. Weeds when we use peticide. Products the labels on there for a, reason and you need to follow. It that is very important to.
Speaker 12: Do.
Speaker 1: Now where do you get This, well you can get it At Bearing's hardware On bissonette or On West. Teimer you can get it at THE m AND d out In. Rosenberg that's a place where you can find. It and The Court Hardware South maine In stafford just some examples the places where you get nitrofoss. Products by now that it's, spring it is hard for me to sit indoors AND i have to do computer work a. Lot that's. Difficult it's hard for me to go travel around and do. THINGS i want to be home in my. Yard so right Now i'm not able to go outside and play in the. Garden and that's you, KNOW i was made to play in a. Garden do you know that the word, humus if you go back to the roots of The latin word for, humus it is it is a word that's related to a word for mankind. Man isn't that? Amazing so we should be playing in the. Dirt let's go out TO i Believe Beat eyes and talk To. Dane, dane are you calling from Beat? Eyes hang, On, Dane let's try that. Again. Dane are you?
Speaker 20: There?
Speaker 3: YES i am, okay we got you.
Speaker 1: Live now are you calling from Beat? Eyes? Texas? Wow, Okay i'm. Impressed for those of you who don't know where Beat eyes, is you need to go find. It it's hot west Of Brian College, station kind of that, direction and it is beautiful. Countryside be a nice, drive all, Right, dane enough about the. Town how CAN i help?
Speaker 21: You you got to quit advertising where we.
Speaker 3: Live we like it the way it.
Speaker 1: Is, okay don't move, there. Folks all, right let's see how about, well let me come up With North. SALTCH i can send them to the north Of sults without our Hogback. Carlos i'll send them over To. Carlos much. Gooder all, Right, dan how CAN i?
Speaker 3: HELP i got some blueberry.
Speaker 10: Bushes they're PROBABLY i don't, know maybe two years.
Speaker 1: Old, okay and they're.
Speaker 21: BLOOMING i lost you, There, DANE i, SAID i got my blueberry, bushes and, uh they've got blooms on, them but no.
Speaker 1: Leaves not a. Problem they'll get leaves. Sometimes, uh just do the weather and fluctuations in. Winter you may get almost well a complete leaf drop on. Them but that's. Okay they'll come. Out no need to.
Speaker 3: Worry all the leaves.
Speaker 6: Drop and like you, said it was a weird.
Speaker 3: Year one minute they're going, dormant and then they're coming, back and then they go dorm.
Speaker 1: Again, yeah, YEAH i get. IT i get. It, no, sir you're good to go on. That you can go worry about solving world hunger or world. Peace instead of, blueberries and we'll get on to other. Things you don't need to worry about the. Blueberries all, Right, WELL i appreciate you. Show all, Right, dan thanks for. Listening tell your neighbors up. THERE Rcw NURSERIES Rcw nurseries dot. Com that's the. Website you can follow them on social media. Too open in nineteen seventy nine and The williamson family still runs. It they grow their own trees up at The Williamson Tree farm in The plannersville, area and it is a get, it got it nursery where you are going to find everything you need to have. Success. Now you can also get things like nitrofoss And microlife And Nelson Turf store and so on there right. Now they are loaded with all kinds of annual color and vegetables and roses of. COURSE Rcw Nursery CORNER a Belt way eight AND fm two forty. Nine all, right, folks welcome back to Guard. Line good to have you with. Us we're gonna run right out to the phones and had To magnolia talk To. Ronnie, OPE i did it. Again hang, On, ronnie are you? There you called?
Speaker 6: ME i had a heck of a.
Speaker 3: Number you Sent oh, lord all, right a couple of.
Speaker 22: Questions this ONE i sent you an email and then you said you had a slow phone, line SO i, said, Well i'll just call.
Speaker 3: You and that's on, ammonium so.
Speaker 1: Fight, YES i see.
Speaker 22: It i've got a constant fertilizer there on my drip. System, YES i can put that in there and letty drip out all, time every time at Waters.
Speaker 1: Runnie those those fertilizers are typically on a clay base and so it all doesn't. Dissolve that's why they make those dissolving. FERTILIZERS i, YEAH i Don't and figuring out how much to feed it in that hydro feed inline system that would be a little bit of a challenge. Too BUT i guess if you let it settle out of the, bucket settle, clay set all in the. Bucket BUT i don't. Know you don't want to start getting things stopped. Up So.
Speaker 3: I've been.
Speaker 1: Lazy, hey that's that's, allowed all.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 22: HEY i also and you answered fragrant, flowers And i'm having trouble finding the, burbana the almond.
Speaker 1: Burbana, yes it's widely. Available where let's see where are you? Calling you're In. Magnolia, Uh i'm not far From.
Speaker 3: ARBIGATE i go over.
Speaker 1: There, Well, Arbigate arbigadal will have it. That if they don't, there you, know they could be temporarily. Out but call them first and they'll tell. You, uh but you know they carry. That that's a great. Plan, Okay, hey thank, you appreciate the. Call Alrighty. Uh Pest brothers is there's a company that you can, trust you can depend on and if you're concerned about, yeah pest, control, chemicals my, dog my kids and. Stuff they do things in the safest possible manner and you they do things that give long term results. Too so whether you're controlling termites or cockroaches inside or fire ants and mosquitos while, varmits you, know like mice and rats, outside they know how to treat. Effectively they know how to do it in the safest possible. Way you can call them for a quote two eight one two oh six forty six seventy two eight one two oh six forty six seventy or go to their website the pestbros dot com thepestbros dot com and ask them about their bucket system for baiting. Mosquitos it is so. COOL i, Mean i've talked about it. Before i'm not going to do it right, now but it, is like you, know it's like USING bt on, caterpillars and it's very. Effective all, right let me go now To joe in A jersey. Village IF i can get this pulled. Up all, RIGHT i may have to hold on just a. Minute we're having to do this in a backwards way, today So i'm Gonna, joe hang. On i'm gonna come to. You but a producer is busy doing a bunch of other things as. Well the folks At Nelson Plant food they have their Turf star. LINE i have been talking about it a. Lot they have Their Nutrius star line, also and A Nutris star is not the only lines they. Have by the, Way Neutral star for vegetable garden is a great product to use, in of, course your vegetable. Garden by the, way don't tell. Anybody you can use it your flowers, too if you want to apply it monthly to increase the quantity and therefore the quality and the, quality because the plants are going to be healthier of your. Vegetables, now it's got five different sources of, nitrogen so you get this nice even release of. Nutrients you, know one releases right, away one releases a little, later and then further out there's another one. Releasing whether it's a, container whether it's a garden bed or. Raise bet they got you covered with that product works very very. Well all, right let's try to go To joe now In Jersey. VILLAGE i got a question for.
Speaker 14: Long here right. NOW i just had a patch job done with new turf put down a week, ago and half the yard is new and the rest of it it's still the old. Turf but the old turf isn't greening up as fast as the new turf. Is and So i'm, wondering SHOULD i go ahead and put down some fertilizer on just a portion that's not.
Speaker 1: New, yeah, yeah you can do. That you can put a little on it if you wanted to go maybe with a little faster release. Product you, Know imperial by, BARRICADE i Mean imperial by nitroposs would be a one you could put. On it'll give you a, quick quick release and kind of get your long back in.
Speaker 14: Shape and then you just swerved into a Another, yeah where have the weeds in the? Grass?
Speaker 1: Okay the weed the grass that's. There it's going to die. Out it is a winter type. Grass just mow and it'll be. Gone uh next. Spring you can prevent it with a preventative pre, emergent but it'll be. Gone the. Weeds the weeds you can get rid of, them you know, now but if you don't have too many ham pulling them is really. Easy or you can spot spray, him or however you want to go about. It i'm gonna have to. Run i've got a, BUY i. SAID i told everybody if you, call you wanted to wait in, line and then everybody. Called NOW i need to get to. Them thank, you, SIR i appreciate. IT i appreciate that very. Much let's now go To willis and talk To. Mike.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Yes i'm building A i'm building a raised. Bed it's about two and a half foot tall from a rooting material metal roof of. Material And i've got some place in that a BUILDING i.
Speaker 3: Purchased it was a daycare.
Speaker 23: Center my idea was to put the seaning down to the top, soil then put a whed barrier and mulch on top of, that and then WHEN i. PLANTED i did this with some strawberries about sixty. STRAWBERRIES i had to cut a hole in the wheat. Barrier, okay SHOULD i use that sand or SHOULD i mix it? Up or SHOULD i even don't even use?
Speaker 1: It, well it's gonna have to. Grow it's gonna have to grow in the soil that's on that. Site so mixing stuff up for the planting hole isn't gonna be much of a help at. All it's gonna have to grow in the soil on that. Site if you want, to if you want to boost and you, know trying to have better success with, it, well you know you can always you can always add a little slow release fertilizers you get your plants in and get them.
Speaker 23: Growing, yeah but you know you got about two and a half three foot of soil above the natural.
Speaker 1: Brand, Okay i'm.
Speaker 23: Older i'm an older, guy SO i don't.
Speaker 2: Like to pin over pull.
Speaker 23: Weeds, okay but cutting a hole in the weed barrier is that is that good or?
Speaker 1: Well i'm not a big weed barrier. FAN i know why people use them and. Stuff WHAT i find is that over, time you get weed seeds on top of the, barrier and when you got a mulch on there because you don't want to see the. Barrier they start to grow on top and then the roots go through the barrier and it just kind of becomes a. Mess but early on that'll help you just realize you're probably end up pulling it out at some. Point, okay, okay, okay all, right, sir good luck with. That, yeah all, right we are now going to head to talk To steve And. Conroe, Hey, steve welcome to Garden.
Speaker 3: Line, yes, yes, sir good.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 24: HEY i bought A Laurel bay a little guy like last summer and it just doesn't want To it's manage keep it. Alive but, boy it looks it looks pretty. Rough AND i looked at the root. System it looks like it goes out instead of. Down SO i SHOULD i be putting that in a, wider shallower pot for?
Speaker 1: Now, well it's it's gonna spread wide and its growing. Habitat you, know if it's in a, pot it. Can't but the roots are not going to go super super. Deep the majority of you're reaching me on the top probably six to twelve inches of.
Speaker 25: Soil, okay all, right that's ALL i wanted to. Know IF i just need to put it in something shallow. Possibly well that's that's a good, one all. RIGHT i like that. Place, yes, sir you take. Care let's, SEE i got to go to a break here run In League. City you're my first stup WHEN i come. Back, hey welcome back to Guard. Line good to have you with. Us, listen those of you out in The kingwood. Area and WHEN i Say kingwood, Area i'm talking About kingwood And porter and you know that whole region really out. There you know about your two great garden. Centers one of Them's Kingwood Garden, center one of them's war In Southern. Gardens right, Now Kingwood Garden center has gotten in a stunning shipment of. Roses they've got classics Like Chrysler. Imperial they've got The Don, juan a very vibrant color and that's been popular for a long, time and the breath Taking chicago pieces out. There of, course you got tamat of plants and pepper. PLANTS i mean they even have the The they have a wide variety of. Peppers they even have The carolina reapers and The trinidad. SCORPIONS i mean they're like way multitudes hotter than a. Halopania you got to wet the moltz regularly to keep it from.
Speaker 1: Catching on fire around the. Plants, OKAY i just made that. Up all. Right they've got a new Shipment Adborrow, pottery A kingwood garden. Center both his stores really are. Packed they've got a thing called mulch. Madness see how they did. That you buy five bags of, malts the, ether the heirloom saw a hardwood mulch or the black, mulch and you get the sixth bag. Free so it's time to. Mulch that's a good way to do a good job of getting it ready to. Go remember That warrens is on Stone Hollow, Drive. Kingwood excuse, Me kingwood is on Stone Hollow. Drive warrens is On North Park drive out there In. Kingwood all, right we're going to run out here and IF i can find the right. Button, no there we. Go we need to talk To ron In League. City Hey, Ron.
Speaker 12: Hello good, Morning, skip good. MORNING i got a niche with with some trees that i'd like to use the kind of diagnosed.
Speaker 17: If you would.
Speaker 1: Please, oh, YES i saw your.
Speaker 12: Email, okay, YEAH i sent a few pictures and it's UH i Had. Well the home that we live in is in one of these editions In League. City it's been here five. Years the trees were looking, good and Last OCTOBER i had them trimmed and was real pleased with. That and then now all of a, Sudden i'm noticing the two trees in the front. Yard they're really dropping. Leaves, okay it's just there's leaves, everywhere and it's kind of. Scarier all, right WHAT i need to?
Speaker 1: Do, WELL i have great news for you. Today you got nothing to worry about live oak. Trees they're all most of them are genetically, different and so they do What i'm about to say to different. Degrees but in the, spring when they're ready to put on the new, growth they cast off a lot of the old. Leaves and the reason it looks so bad is it's casting them. Off now they will get the new growth and they'll go on just. Fine SOMETIMES i had a, tree a live oak one, time where it almost went completely bare before it got its new. Leaves some of them blended together a little. Bit but don't worry about. That you're. Good the only THING i see on your tree That i'd be a little concerned about is at the base of the. Tree it was planted too, deep AND i can tell that because it goes int of the ground like a telephone. Pole if you can pull that mulch, back pull some saw back till you see a root that should be at the. Surface and don't pile stuff up against the. Trunk it looked like it was planted too. Deep you may pull the mulch back and it's really just the moults that's too, deep but get it away from the base of the.
Speaker 12: Trunk, okay, wow that's. Good NEEDS i. WAS i was trying to figure out what was going, on And i'm, thinking the only woman need to replace.
Speaker 1: Them but all, right, sir well that's why you call it garden, line.
Speaker 12: And it. WAS i sent another couple of pictures at the very end of two windmill palms that were playing it at the same. Time one was one is real healthy and the other one was kind of skinny and puny at the.
Speaker 1: Top, YEAH i just.
Speaker 12: Wondered so you had the suggestion.
Speaker 1: The only place that kind of palm tree can grow from is the top of the. Trunk there's a bud up there that puts out of the. Leaves you don't have sprouts at the base or out the side of the. Tree so if that bud is alive and made it through, winter Which i'm almost one hundred sure it, did you should see new growth when it starts to warm. Up even though there's a difference between. Them just start to fertilize, them do you. Know palm is. Uh it's easy to, fertilize and you can use some of your lawn fertilizer on if you want to kind of support a little bit faster. Growth but, ANYWAY i think you're okay on that one. Too, okay all as, Well, yeah all as well out In League. City all, right thank, you appreciate THAT i have you.
Speaker 12: That thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much our phone number seven one three two one two k t R. H got time for one. Call and you, Know i'll, say got a wide open, lines and then ten people. CALL i, say you don't have to, wait and then ten people. Call now you have to. Wait, well you guys out there, Listening i'll talk among yourselves and decide who wants to, call and then you'll get in. First if we can do that. First all, right that's, enough silly foo run. AROUND i am, gosh what WAS i talking About just a second? AGO i was wanting to go into, well it'll come back to me right. Now if you are getting flower beds and you want to get flowers in them and get them, planted build the soil is, always, always, always always build a, soil whatever kinds of a good bed mix you, use or just compost mixed into the. Soil either, way get it right and then put the plants. In people have asked me before how far apart DO i plant? Flowers AND i use a triangular layout for, mine so rather than being in. Rows you, know it's like a, triangle and one triangle is right side, up one's upside down the next. One if you just kind of picture that in your, mind and that makes a, nice nice mix in when you. Do if you think about the mature size of what you're, planting you can put things about eighty, percent even a little closer together in the. Bed the closer you, plant the more instantly you get. Coverage BUT i like to go about eighty. Percent if you don't want the plants to be overlapping a, little then you can go beyond that natural mature. Size but that's a good role of. Thumb that's also a good role of thumb for shrubs and things like. That for, example if you have a, hedge you're going to plant a. Hedge you're going to use your opond or the gustroum or something to plant a. Hedge, well look at how big they get and plant them about eighty percent if you want to save money on a few, plants or go to fifty percent if you want to get a nice hedge a little bit. Faster, OKAY i BELIEVE i got a call here in just a few minutes to take. It So i'll go to that. Call you'll hang on just for one. Second so that kind of spacing kind of gives you a rough. Idea, now ANYTIME i, generalize there's things that are not that it doesn't apply. To, okay some plants are very slow, growing and we plant those closer just because we want it to fill in. Faster, well let's go To craig out in Clear lake now and we'll finish up this segment with. Him Hey, Craig, hey how are? You i'm doing. Good i'm doing. Good how can we help?
Speaker 20: Today WHEN i moved into my, HOUSE i had a Beautiful Saint augustine. Lawn now the trees behind me have grown in and my lawn doesn't get a lot of. Sunshine i've replanted The Saint augustine and it. Doesn't it lasts a, while but then it fades. Away and my question is is there a better ground cover THAT i can plant that will be more tolerant to less.
Speaker 1: Sunlight, well there, are and every, plant like every, person has its pros and. Cons, okay so a few groundcovers that look well look good in a considerable amount of shade if they get the blast of the hot afternoon. Sun that's hard on plants that are normally shade tolerant or even preferring a little break from the. Sun but a Groundcover asian jasmine is often used Around houston and sunny, spots and it'll go into a little bit of. SHADE a djuga as a plant that a perennial that grows along the ground and spreads slowly and fills in to an. Area i've seen people make entire front yards in areas of town where the oak trees are reaching across the street and. Touching they'll make a whole yard out of loriope or monkey grass or those kinds of. Things so, anyway that is up to. You there are some. Others now you're you're down and a. Clearlake is that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 20: YES i.
Speaker 5: Am.
Speaker 1: Yeah if you can head over To Moss nursery and ask them that, question they're going to tell you the plants they have and they'll give you some more some more. Ideas that's WHAT i would recommend you do in order to get that shade area kind of.
Speaker 20: Covered, well, okay Something bermuda would not work for?
Speaker 1: Me is that? Correct bermuda can't stand. Shade, Yeah zoezia is not as good As Saint, augustine although fine texture juleysias Like xeon can take quite a. Bit but if You're Saint augustine is declining due to, SHADE i would move and not plant a grass.
Speaker 20: There, okay appreciate, It thank.
Speaker 1: You all, right you? Bet thanks for the. Call oh, GOSH i don't have time to take this, one DO I i BELIEVE i. Don't, Okay we've Got susan At Lake. City, SUSAN i want to have some time to spend with you on the. Question we're going to go to a break here at the top of the, hour and if you can hang, on we'll get. You you'll be the first stop when we come. BACK i just want to remind you that on Next, Saturday i'm going to be going To jay and Our ace In, Porter texas Out highway fifty nine slash sixty nine out that, Way jay and Our Ace. Hardware i'll be there from twelve noon to two. Pm we're going to be giving away some cool, products so you want to show up for that, Too and we're also going to be answering your gardener. QUESTIONS i may depends on the setting there where they have, ME i may talk a little bit about some spring gardening, tips or we may just go straight to, hey here we, go come up and we'll look at what you. Got got pictures on the phone that helps you. Know like this, MORNING i had this email From, ron and WHEN i saw the, TREE i knew exactly what was going. ON i even noticed something he didn't ask, about and that's the fact that it was planted a little. Deep bring. Pictures those are very helpful so that the ANSWER i give you is. Accurate my answer is only as good as WHAT i can picture in my mind's, Eye so help me with. That we're going to take a.
Speaker 11: BREAK Ktrh Garden line does not necessarily endorse any of the products or services advertised on this.
Speaker 7: Program welcome TO Ktrh Garden line With scape Director.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 8: Gas just watch him as.
Speaker 6: So many things to say.
Speaker 1: A sad all, right welcome, Back welcome back To. Guardline good to have you with, Us looking forward to talking to you about the things that are of interest to. You that is how we roll. Here, well another way THAT i roll here is to always talk about the, dirt the. Soil that means brown. Stuff that means the soils composted organic, matter that means the soilsderration and. Drainage that means the soil's nutrient. Content fix it first and then put in the plant and you'll get. Success AND i can take of no place where you can do a better job of fixing your swel Than Siena maltz or south of, town south Of houston Near highway six and two eighty eight ON fm five point twenty. One just write the down just right down the website Here Siena maltz dot. Com you can go there and they're closed On. Sundays they're Open monday Through friday seven thirty to, Five saturday seven thirty to, two so and it's really a one stop. Shop you go in there and you, say, WELL i need some, composts OR i need a bed, mix OR i need a, maltz and they're going to have a widespread series of options for. YOU i, mean you can go in there also sand and gravel and. Stone they have an excellent stone landscape stone collection for maybe you putting in a flat stone patio something like. That they carry also the nutrients that would be microlife And nelson Turf star And nelson plant food jars that would be medina and nitrofoss and. Azamite and in their mix of, products they also have airloom source like this the veggie and nerbics that airloom makes so quality. Place you get treated right. THERE i promise you you're going to get smiles and friendliness and they're eager to help you have. Success now you can go there and get. It you can have them deliver it within about twenty miles and there is a delivery fee if you need. That but whatever you, do go by there and get your soil ready to go for when you put your plants. In that's. Important your plants asked me to say. That that's Why i'm talking About. CENAMO i got an email from your plants and they said we need some help. Here all, Right so THERE i did my. Best we're going to go now and talk To. Susan, Hey, susan welcome To Garden. Line.
Speaker 16: Hi, SKIP.
Speaker 26: I sent you an email with some.
Speaker 3: Pictures do you have it?
Speaker 14: There?
Speaker 1: Well when did you send?
Speaker 14: That?
Speaker 26: OH i talked to your guy WHO i talked to, first and he had. IT i THOUGHT i just said it. Right, well it was right at the end of your Last.
Speaker 1: Okay all, right, Break, yeah it just hadn't loaded. Up let me see IF i can get it, here and if, not it'll finally show up at some point.
Speaker 27: Here i'm going to have, trees is WHAT I, Okay i'm going to have my producer pick up and check and make sure we got the right.
Speaker 1: Email uh and and then if you need to call, back we can do. That we got some time, here we got this is our last, hours a whole. Hour, okay Thanks, susan appreciate. That, alrighty, well you're listening To Garden. Line i'm your, Host Skip, richtor and we're here to help you have a bountiful, garden a beautiful, landscape and more fun in the. Process don't forget that last one that is. Important gardening is. Fun people they feel like they're going to fail at gardening or they feel like they failed at. Gardening you can't fail at gardening unless you. Quit if you give, up, yeah that will then you. Failed. Okay but if you keep, working you, know may call go to great garden centers and let them help you. Too you will have. Success you can and it's supposed to be. Fine folks At medina have a product called has To grow six twelve six plant. Food, now they have a lot of, products But i'm just kind of focusing on this. One it's a time when we're doing a lot of planting And medina has To grow six twelve six is one THAT i love to use when we're. PLANTING i will soak a root ball in it in the, mix you, know follow the, label make the. Mix it's it's going to do a good. Job SO i can burn your. Plants follow the label And i'll soak the plant in it BEFORE i plant, it Or i'll sit in the ground and then soak. It but either way you go at, planting you apply this with the watering can or whatever you. Want six twelve six has To grow plant. Food, okay then about a week or two later you can do has to grow six twelve six plant food From medina, again and then a third time has to grow six four six plant food From. Medina that is the WAY i go about. It so those three applications of that high phosphorus fertilizer helps a root structure begin to form. Better phosphorus is important in. Rooting now it also has NUTRIENT i have seaweed extract and it's got The medina soil activator product is also in. There this is a concoction and, humate humic, acid humic. Acid you, know you know that humus is good for the. Soil humic acid is one of the products we get from humus and it really really. Works and you're going to Find medina pretty much Everywhere i'm talking about here on garden line because they're so widespread. Available let's, see we are gonna check something right. Here i'm trying to keep up with this this email because we had some folks that were going to call back. In, okay we'll just hold off on. That so, meanwhile back at the what to, do it is time to get your vegetable gardens. In now there's this line depending on What if you live up let's Say Huntsville College, station you, know further north than, here you're kind of on the edge of that last frost of the. Year if you're down, south we're way past the last frost of the. Year the problem is the weather doesn't cooperate with my calendar or the weather men's, calendar and so you never. Know AND i was telling the group the other, day it's, like, well how much of a gambler are?
Speaker 2: You you, know do?
Speaker 1: You you, know just want to be completely, safe AND i want to know there's almost no chance of a. Frost, well then way longer than plant you can do, that but it's good to get an early head. Start so if you're a real, gambler you, know like the first guy wears a belt and suspenders just in case the other end of the spectrum or the gamblers and they'll throw it out. There you, know they can cover it, up or they can buy a new tomato if they need, to but they want to get that good quality plant that before somebody else picks it. Up you, know these varieties don't, last and before somebody else picks it, up they want, That so you can do it that. WAY i told you earlier THAT i buy them, early AND i pop mine up and get them growing bigger and bigger and, bigger so THEN i can put them out at a safer. Time And i'm just, fine good head, start all, right let's see. HERE i just, OH i was mentioning. That and on the, planting don't forget to mulch. Too we got to keep our soil surface. Mulched whenever sunlight hits the, soil or wherever sunlight hits the, soil nature plants a. Weed that's the way to think about. It and bear nature does not like bear. Soil bear soil gets crusty roads, away and nature doesn't like. That nature's going to cover bear soil with, plants and those plants are called. Weeds. Usually, Hey i'll be right. Back, alrighty we're, back last, hour guarden. Line we're in, them just getting good start on. It Yesterday buchanan's had this wonderful, event Real, shindig a spring event that was just looking at pictures of. It it was really well attended and people had a really good, time and you, KNOW i always enjoy going. THERE i had a bunch of people asked me yesterday About Texas mountain. ORAL i don't know, why BUT i got way more questions than normal About texas. Mountainarel we're talking about the intoxicating perfume that it puts in the, air and it is one of those super fragrant. Plants the super, fragrant, well you need to give a good. Drainer by the, way they Sell Texas mounta laurel At buchanus native. Plants they have things Like maximilian, sunflowers blooms in the, falls very very upright. Perennial you don't have to replanet ever. Here they specialize in things that are, native but they have. Everything if you want to see some gorgeous tulip, magnolias if that's a deciduous type of, magnolia you got blooms, pink hot, pink maybe a light pink also in, them and almost a purplish color in some of. Them they're. Beautiful they're, gorgeous and they bloom before a leaf comes, out and so that is also very. Cool they've got those there. Too whatever you're looking, for you're gonna find. It you can find good, advice you're gonna find good, help and then all the products you need to go with it to make sure you got the soil right for microlife and nitrovos And Nelson Nature's way and heirloom see What i'm talking. About Buchanan's Native plants in The heights On Eleventh, Street Buchanan's plants Dot. Com let's go To. Susan, NOW i believe we got that email situation. Fixed, SUSAN i see the. Question, Hi, yeah well this is this is definitely definitely one THAT i needed to see the. Picture, Okay so for people, listening we Have susan has a tree that very low to the ground forked into two, trunks and they are huge. TRUNKS i mean it looks to Me susan like that maybe like ten inches across or something like. That one of them was cut. Off the other one is. There she wants to know do you need to keep the tree or can she keep the? Tree, well that that stump she cut off there will never heal fully, over it isn't It just the callous will start to, form but it will never close, over and that will start to rot and it's not going to be. Tomorrow but as it starts to, rot you're going to end up weakening the other. Trunk because now you've got a hollow base where the other trunk comes, in and then it starts to get. Dangerous so you're not in a hurry to get rid of. It but there's not a long term hope for.
Speaker 26: That, Okay so you, THINK i, mean like a bad storm or something can throw it over on especially.
Speaker 1: Especially when you get the decay down in, there you, know right, now.
Speaker 26: Go, Ahead NOW i see little little like particles of saw like you, know you, know like something's chewing on the. Inside, okay, saw just What i'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Say, Okay, well then you have a borer somewhere in. THERE i assumed that was that they that was just part of the chainsaw. Deal but, anyway uh, YEAH i not being there to see. It just looking at the picture this one. Angle uh it's a concern for, me and it really will be a concern as time goes.
Speaker 26: On all, right twenty five twenty five plus year old. Tree it was really nice one, MAN i.
Speaker 1: Know how that. Is, okay all, right that's WHAT i needed to.
Speaker 26: Know thank you very, Much.
Speaker 1: Thank, you. Ma'am, yeah that is the. Case we were talking about compost top, dressing OR i WAS i was talking to a caller about compost top dressing the other day and they were, asking, well, like who serves in my? Area and we have different folks that serve different areas Of. Houston they don't like to take a huge truck of compost and their heavy equipment all all over the. Place it's just it's just too much on the. Road so they serve an area year Round. Houston if you live inside The, beltway year Round houston serves your, area they, do and all you got to do is go to the website year Round houston dot, com year Round houston dot com if you want to give them a call eight three to two eight eight four five three three. Five now they are specialists when it comes to core air. Rating that means popping the little cylinders of soil out of the, ground leaving them on top of the. Ground that is so important to get good oxygen and good water infiltration on your, lawn especially an area that's been. Compacted and then they follow with a compost top, dressing so you can get both of those done by the same. Folks and when you do, that you set your line up for. Success so that's the bottom, line year Round houston dot. Com folks inside The, beltway looking to get your lawn spruced. Up it's looking. Bad maybe last summer took a toll on it with bugs or diseases or just dry. Times this is a good way to do. It let's head out now To cyprus and talk To. Jim Hello, Jim welcome To. Guardline Hey, SKIP.
Speaker 13: I got a question about tree. ROOTS i have tree roots coming up through the ground pretty, annoying AND i know That randy would say that you'd cut one out a, year AND i just want to find out what you think and WHETHER i should.
Speaker 3: Do that or.
Speaker 2: Not, well.
Speaker 1: You, CAN i, think you, Know randy is basically trying to keep you from cutting so many roots that you hurt the tree or that it affected the stability of the tree in a. Storm, Right but there's a couple of, approaches and you, know depending on how your side is laid out and, everything you one option is to bring in some soil around where the roots are and raise the level up just a little. Bit you don't want to do too. Much you can do an inch or two in a year or you you, know and eventually you're going to get it probably up about three or four inches to be able to get those roots covered and then have the sod or whatever you're planting go over, that and that would be.
Speaker 13: A couple of them are pretty big high up.
Speaker 1: Right, okay so it's been a long. Time, yeah, YEAH i, KNOW i know people that'll cut. THEM i know people will shave the top. Off but now you got the inner wood of the. Root this is going to start the cane down there at the ground and, uh it'll try to call us over a little, bit probably help a little bit with the stability of it for at least for a while until the tree can grow some new. Roots so there's different. Options there's not a great option for, it but that's just how trees. Grow and as a soiler roads away and as a root gets, bigger it pushes the soil on top of it, off and then you got this exposed.
Speaker 13: Roote, okay all, Right SO i called your tree. Guy was it affordable? Trees?
Speaker 1: Yes uh huh affordable Tree, yeah, YEAH.
Speaker 13: I call them in A i, Mean i've never heard back FROM i was gonna have. Them, well Look i'm going to try them.
Speaker 1: Again yeah they're, no they're, Good they're they're they're kind of in a holding pattern right. Now and uh, so, uh you know it wouldn't you probably wouldn't get the calls in right. Now that's just. Something hopefully this will be over pretty. Quick but, anyway, yeah but that is the BEST i can tell you in terms of taking care of.
Speaker 14: IT i get. You, SO i got a.
Speaker 13: CHOICE i can have someone.
Speaker 14: COME i had a guy.
Speaker 13: Come he, said you just take them all. Out i'm going, like, WELL i don't know If i'm supposed to do.
Speaker 3: THAT i don't want to kill the.
Speaker 1: Tree don't do too, much don't do too much at one, time get the worst right, out then get the next. One they get, that, yeah uh and or sprinkle sprinkle a little soil around and just keep sprinkling it until some of the lower ones are kind of covered. Up if you don't put too much, soil the grass will come through them if there's grass. Underneath so, anyway.
Speaker 13: Right, Right i'm trying to throw. GRASS i, mean that's it's getting close to the some of the trunks are getting close to the. Foundation that concerns.
Speaker 1: Me, right so, right.
Speaker 13: All, right would you recommend would you recommend anybody else to come out besides those?
Speaker 1: Guys is there another Don't we don't currently have another, artist and So i'm not able to give you. One you can got, You, okay there's different ways to find somebody that's, local that's you, know in the. Business, OKAY i get.
Speaker 4: YOU i hear.
Speaker 13: YOU i appreciate.
Speaker 14: Man thanks every.
Speaker 1: Wed you bet.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 1: Right speaking of, trees yesterday down At jorges H i ran into the guy that owns and created the three sixty tree. Stabilizer that's the bar that grabs your. Tree it grabs a if you want to hammer in a, post or plant a post or or hammer in a te. Post there's a t post attachment for the three sixty three tree stabilizer and it. Works it works. Good it allows a little. Movement the soft rubber strap allows a little bit of movement in the, tree which creates a stronger. Trunk. Uh i'm just telling you it is a product worth, having and especially when you have young trees and you're wanting to give them a little bit of. Stability you, know don't time down with cables and trip over the cables and have to find a garden hose to cut up and put over the cable so that tree doesn't get cut. Into just get you a three sixty tree. Stabilizer they're available in a lot of. Places LIKE i, Said jorge has them down At Jorgesiden gardens In, ALVIN. Rcw, Nurseries Ciena, Maltch Buchanan's Native, plants Arbor gate And plants For All seasons are all places you can get the three sixty tree. Stabilizer, Alrighty when we're visiting with them about the tree stabilizer and we're talking about products and new products coming down the pipeline and, things and it's just it's cool to see somebody use their noggin to make something new that is helpful that. People you, know it serves a real, purpose and that's what this. Is it's just a, great great. Idea they did a good job creating this. One all. Right our phone number is seven one three two one two fifty eight seventy, four or you can make the last FOUR ktrh if you want to go that, route give us a. Call will be on the air with you to answer the questions that you, have help diagnose the situations and maybe just provide us in general. ADVICE Ace hardware stores are all through our, area and our little group OF Ace hardware stores here in The Greater houston. Area you can find them by going TO Ace Hardware. Texas don't forget to Put texas in. There dot. Com Ace Hardware texas dot com mapp will pop. Up you can find your area of town and you can go right to it and find out who's YOUR Ace hardware. Stores and we got a lot of great ones in this. Area so why go TO. Ace, WELL ace is the, place and you get to fill out the rest of the. Sentence it's the place for paint or for deck, stain or it's the place for making sure that you've got all your garage cleaned. UP i know mess tends to reproduce in our garages and for the shelving and the storage units and. STUFF ace is a place for your lawns and your gardens and your. Patios for, example you need, fertilizing we're at a time now to be doing that kind of. Thing they got. It you need weed control or pest control or disease, control they've got it AT Ace. Hardware go TO Ace Hardware texas dot com and you're going to FIND Ace hardware is Like Hamilton's hardware On highway Six, north like The Memorial, hardware A Memorial. Drive that's another great. One you can go To Child's Buildings supply In, Orange. Texas, hey shout out to everybody out In. Orange it listens Our Deer Park, Lumber Ace hardware down In Deer. Park just some examples Of Ace hardware's all over the. Area, well it's time for me to quit talking and turn it over To. Jared maybe something new and exciting has happened out in the world of the. News all, Right, jared it's all. Yours all, right welcome back to Guard. Line i'm your, Host Skip. Richter we're here to help you have a bountiful, garden a beautiful landscape and more fun in the. Process that's HOW i like to put. It if you are out west west side Of, houston Out West Nelson Water garden And nursery is your west side go to destination garden. Center it really. Is first of, all they long term have been a leader in water. Gardens they created the disappearing. Fountain you, know it comes out of a big glass glazed potteryr, glass big glazed pottery and goes down in the ground and then circulates back. In they did. That now they can do, waterfalls they can do ponds whatever you. Want they got the, fish they got the plants to go in the. Water but they're also a nursery and they have a really nice selection of. Plants when you walk in the, store you got to walk through some of the prettiest house. Plants you're going to see nice, selection and they just all look really. GOOD i mean they are tip top. Shape, now if you head on out through the back, door you're gonna come to things like flowers and vegetables and. Herbs have an excellent herb. SELECTION i picked some up from there away by a good while. Back it's a great. Place it's a great place to go. Visit and when you go in, there you're gonna be treated, right and you're gonna have knowledgeable people that are helping, you folks that know what they're talking. About you'll be. Surprised AND i think you should take your. FRIENDS i always joke that they out of charge admission and provide you with a lawn chair just to go out and sit among all the water. Features listening to the sound of running. Water oh, boy it is. OUTSTANDING i get so relaxed from enjoying. That, anyway you can have that in your backyard. TOO i got a little fountain in my. Backyard, boy DO i enjoy?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: Sit do my?
Speaker 1: Birds by the, way let's go out to the. Phones now we're going to go To john In. Brownsville Hey? John all, right well there we. Go Hey, John, yes, sir a week ago or?
Speaker 3: Something you soak?
Speaker 6: It soak your okra seeds before planting? Him for how? Long and do you add anything hydrogen peroxide or anything like?
Speaker 1: That, Okay, john you cut out on, me did? You were you talking about okra?
Speaker 6: Seed, yes, sir you talked about soaking them before you. Play tell me how you do.
Speaker 1: THAT i just take straight water and he get hot, water real hot, water and put it put the seed in a glass or something and pour the hot water on it and then just let it set. Overnight the water will cool off pretty, quick and but the hot speeds up the soaking in and it's not going to hurt the. Seed it'll cool off because the seed hadn't started germanying just. Yet, Anyway that is WHAT i, do and then in the morning they're ready to. Plant Sometimes i'll pour the water off and just keep enough water to keep the seeds moist down to the bottom and they'll start to put a root, out and when they start to do, that you can take them out and plant. Them just be careful not to break the root. Off And i'm not talking about a long. ROUTE i mean just a little one that tells you that's a viable. Seed so if you got some okra and it's older seed and you're not sure which ones are going to come, up you can just soak them all and then you'll know which ones are going to come.
Speaker 6: Up, OKAY i appreciate.
Speaker 1: That, YEAH i know the.
Speaker 6: Rule i'll head up To. Houston i'll bring you half of.
Speaker 1: It oh that is the. Rule, well, actually you know. What okra may be the one exception to that. RULE i grew twenty seven different kinds of okra last, year SO i THINK i may bring you okra for being a. Color, thanks thanks a, lot you take. Care all, right let's, see let's go To ross In. Galveston, Hello, ross good.
Speaker 2: Morning how are.
Speaker 1: You i'm? Well thank?
Speaker 3: You, WELL i want to get on that. Wrap i'ma come out of your house and get that okra first of, all, alright you?
Speaker 1: Lie Maybe, YEAH i plant mine a little later than normal Because i've got some stuff using the space up until we get into late. Spring so, yeah, yeah just let me.
Speaker 3: Know i'll come by and bring a.
Speaker 1: Truck, okay what's up In. Galveston i've got.
Speaker 3: A beautiful palm tree that's probably a twenty feet. High it looks great on the. Top on the, bottom it's. Rotting, okay called butt.
Speaker 1: Rot, yeah what a nice. Name, SORRY i, said, yeah what a nice name for.
Speaker 3: SOMETHING i thought the same.
Speaker 22: Thing But i'm trying to say this, thing and EVERYTHING i read on the last is dig it up and throw it.
Speaker 3: Away BUT i just hate is there ANYTHING i might do to try to say that?
Speaker 1: THING i am not aware of anything for that. Situation there are different things that could be causing the, decay And i'm when it comes to palm, decay a trunk, decay. Fungi i'm not an expert on that, one but things like ganoderma can attack our other trees and. Stuff but, YEAH i don't know of a solution to, that and it's, unfortunate but you might want, to you, know if you talk to someplace that sells palms and stuff and they they're familiar with, it maybe they deal with it a little bit more THAN i. Have but my gut is that you can leave the tree unless you're really worried about falling.
Speaker 3: Over.
Speaker 1: Uh and then if that continues on, it you, know that could be a. Problem BUT i don't know a, solution.
Speaker 3: So nothing to slow it, down.
Speaker 14: Not THAT i know.
Speaker 1: Of, No, no there's just not a way to there's not a way to get stuff to the to the. Problem that's the biggest, issue.
Speaker 3: All, right affects the tree next to.
Speaker 1: It often those decays are stress related or they can be wound. Related, also you, know when wherever you make a, wound there's a possibility of getting the equivalent of an, infection you, know on tissues like. That but keep your trees. Healthy and, YEAH i don't. KNOW i don't think it just necessarily is going to jump on the tree right next to it or.
Speaker 3: Nearby, okay all, right all, right well right, MAN i appreciate.
Speaker 1: It thank you for the. Call appreciate. That let's see, here let's go To montgomery and talk To. Marie good, Morning.
Speaker 4: Skip, Hi, SKIP i have a question in regards to come and rush or the think you pronounced junk of. Fuses, okay, anyway a couple of years AGO i went ahead and sunk a couple of pops to, avoid to prevent rather the rhizomes from. Escaping, WELL i think that they have escaped because it's doing it's, spreading is What i'm. SAYING i do enjoy the, plant But i've got to dig it up and replace. It So i'm looking for an. Evergreen we do have a deer problem in our, subdivision so it should be somewhat deer. Resistant it does get bright shade or sun fass the, north And i'm looking for something that's rather, compact maybe up to three or four feet, Tall no bigger than.
Speaker 1: That, okay is?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 1: Yeah how much of the hot western sun does it? Get, Oh i'm sorry faces? North you said, yes not, much.
Speaker 4: Not not a whole, bunch because it is under somewhat of a canopy of a tree and the floor of the tree has been trimmed.
Speaker 1: OFF i got.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Okay you know WHAT i would plant is cast iron. Plant you can buy cast iron. Plants the standard type gets about the heights you're talking, about and there are other types that are a little bit. Shorter the cast iron plant is, tough you. Know it can it can deal with, Drought it can deal with a little bit of sign not too much full, sun but it does good and deep shade, too. Uh and it spreads slowly over, time so you can you, know you can fill in between the plants that you planted cast iron plant if it starts looking. Ragged you know Those are you familiar with what cast iron plant?
Speaker 5: Is? No?
Speaker 1: Okay so it's a it's a leaf blade or a leaf petiole that comes out of the ground and then there's this, big, tall wide blade on the, leaf, uh and it comes up to the height we're talking. About and they're, deep deep. Green so when they get to looking a little, ragged you can Cut you can go in there and prune them out at the ground and fresh new leaves will come. Out and if it's a big area and you can't hand prune like, that you can literally just like cut it all off at the ground and a fresh new will come. Out And i've had that in my gardens before when lived in a different, place and we would just cut it back in the, wintertime and Sometimes i'd even cut it back at the end of summer if it was looking a little, ragged and they come back and be fresh and pretty for the.
Speaker 2: Fall.
Speaker 4: Okay and, side do you have two other recommendations so THAT i can Look.
Speaker 1: Okay, YEAH i was so in the cast iron. PLANET i think of the, rest there's gonna be evergreen shrub shrubs that stay a little, slow a little, lower but that is you, know you're gonna have to mulch between. Them is that acceptable or?
Speaker 26: Not?
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, absolutely BECAUSE i do WANT i do want something up right versus.
Speaker 1: Ttly, OKAY i gotta go pretty quick, here So i'm gonna throw you too quick. Out dwarf. Yopan mounting dwarf yopan is a good. Idea and then there are some hollies that stay real. Small so if you'll go where you normally shop for your plants and, say do you have a holly that's only about three feet? High that would be another option for. You And i'm SURE i have to, run BUT i, do but thank you for the call and good luck with that. Area, therefore by going straight to the, fountains we're going to go out and talk To bill In. Conroe Hello, bill there we. Go, Hey, hello welcome to Garden. Line thank.
Speaker 3: You quick?
Speaker 17: Question maybe two Real When i'm buying plants in pots four inches up to one gallon AND i take them out and they've got that root system that's kind of white, webbing and there's even more at the. Bottom, sometimes DO i try to pull that? Off DO i score? It DO i cut the bottom? Off i've heard so many different ways to do.
Speaker 1: This, yeah you, know it kind of depends on the, plant you, know like a tomato. Plant it's not necessary to cut it all, Off but if it was something that was going to be a little longer, lived or especially shrubs and, trees any roots going around the, container you want to cut, them preferably where they come from inside and hit the container and then do their turn to start around. It and if you cut them and put it in the ground within two, weeks you're going to have roots forming two or three weeks roots forming where you cut, it and it'll it'll it'll naturally just, yeah it'll grow in much healthier and. Faster so just.
Speaker 17: Score it down the side would be.
Speaker 1: Good, well if it's if it's small. Roots, yeah if it's small, ROOTS i use a box cutter knife because that one inch blade and it's like razor. SHARP i just cut vertically in about three or four places around the. Plant. Uh and that's even true like with the areas that have that hair like real netting of roots very important for them is a, matter and blueberry is the same. Way but for the other plan for the other quest part of your, question, YEAH i cut off the bottom sometimes that when there's just a whole bunch of tangle of roots down, there so.
Speaker 17: Like Like sage Or guardina or Candy Corny.
Speaker 1: Sage sage is not so big of a. Deal but, uh The, Guardina, YEAH i would make sure it's it's doing.
Speaker 3: Good, okay real quick.
Speaker 17: Question when they do the first morning, way BECAUSE i haven't done it, yet DO i go? Lower i'm usually top of these AS i can, Go but, yeah SO i, do.
Speaker 1: Because you got a lot of tan dead grass blades out there right, now and, uh and it just to kind of clean some of the old not green up so the fresh green can come back through and not have intermingled dead grass. Blades i'll cut it all AND i, go, well is It Saint? Augustine Saint? Augustine, Yep, OKAY i don't. KNOW i how low could you? Go is probably real? Low BUT i generally go down to about maybe two inches or something like, that and that that's enough to cut it. BACK i, mean you could go a little lower than.
Speaker 12: That.
Speaker 1: Uh there's a term for it called. SCALPING i don't like that term because it infers that you're basically cutting it off at the. Ground. Uh and With Saint, augustine you don't need to do.
Speaker 17: That, yeah, okay, perfect thanks a, Lot thanks.
Speaker 1: For all, right thank, you, sir appreciate you. Call let's see here before we get the end the, Show i'm probably taking another call or two uh seven to one three two one two KTR h seven one three two one two kt R. H or for those of you number, people fifty eight seventy, four how about we do. That Sweet green by nitrofoss is a product that's really. Unique first of, all it's a base of molasses with microbial activity that has turned it into an eleven percent nitrogen. Fertilizer eleven percent. Nitrogen it dissolves fast and all you, know carbon sugars. Carbon so when you look at, bacteria the good guys in the, soil the good, bacteria they love carbon and they just eat it. Up, literally they love. It and so for them that sweet green is stimulating their, activity and which is a good. Thing and also when you stimulate their, activity you're gonna have better, growth better health of your. Grass it smells great and you can find it at all kinds of places that sell nitropos, products for example in Gen To forest down in The Richmond rosenberg, AREA m AND D hardware up In cypress A Langham Creek hardware where kind Of copperfield where five nine comes together With Barker cypress And katie As. Hardware another place that you're going to find that's On. Pinoak by the, way night fast products like Sweet. Green all, right for a launch into some other, Thing i'm going to call just about to come in, Here go ahead and take. That we're going to talk To jennie From Full. Sure, Hey janis welcome To.
Speaker 28: Garden, Hi, hi longtime. Listener, anyway thanks. YOU i have a pear tree that's probably about three years, old and last year this time it came out beautifully bloom and green, leaves and all of a sudden other leaves got dark at the end and have them fell. Off it survived the rest of the, summer BUT i didn't get any, fruit AND i just wonder WHAT I i think that's fireblight AND i just don't know WHAT i can do to keep it from happy again this.
Speaker 1: Year, now fireblight usually isn't just a leaf. Thing it affects the. Branches it can infect through blooms or other. Opportunities it gets to move into the branch and you have this chocolate brown branch and the leaves don't fall, Off they just turn chocolate brown and they hang. There and in, fact because there's succulent new, growth it even bends over like a shepherd's. Crook you. Know in the, end you want to go behind that about six inches four to six inches and prune it out and get it out of there because it's full of. Bacteria the next time the rain comes and, splashes it's going to send those bacteria other places on the. Tree so get those those strikes of far blight out of. There and Then i'll use lyesol because it's, convenient and just spray the prunters in between cuts so that you're not carrying like that bacteria from one. Cut now you make a new cut and you already introduce the bacteria. There that is my approach to dealing with. It as far as the leaves are, concerned they will row. Back but fireblight depending on the, year some years it's just bad other years is not so.
Speaker 28: Bad, Uh and then if just BECAUSE i had it last year doesn't mean it's the same thing's going to happen this.
Speaker 1: Year not to the degree, necessarily you, know but it's out. There the variety of, pair not all are equally susceptible to. It the fact that you over if you fertilize with nitrogen and if you you, know water lot and get a lot of, seculent succulent, growth fire blight is more likely to strike. That and SO i just, say don't don't fertilize a pair with nitrogen because they're going to do fine without. It you see pairs in over bit in.
Speaker 28: The yard though with the yard fertilizer probably gets to.
Speaker 1: It, yeah it's going to get some of, that that's. True that's a good. Point you can't control. That but anyway that that's the. Deal on fire. Blight there is a spray for, it but you got to get it on ahead of. Time it's an antibiotic spray that you spray on the on the. Plants most people don't go to that, length but it is available out there in garden centers and.
Speaker 28: It doesn't hurt to be the.
Speaker 1: Spray, No, no it's, okay it's it sounds like you know one of the ointments you put on a cut on your. Arm it's a strepto mice and. Sulfate UH i believe is the. Ingredient it's an. Antibiotic but you. SPRAYED i gotta, you gotta follow the label and do.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: Anyway i've never tried using the strupt de ice and sulfate, myself but it is the only product on the market that will do. That and it's not easy to find because most people don't want to use. It they don't they don't ask for, it so people don't carry it.
Speaker 28: Much, okay, okay, well thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much, okay appreciate. That, yeah you, bet thanks a. Lot appreciate your.
Speaker 19: Call, okay, okay sure bye.
Speaker 1: Bye, alrighty so where are we? Here oh? Boy where we're double calls for the. DAY i can tell you THAT i don't know what time we're gonna. Quit when does the music? START i always have to be aware of. THAT i think the music starts. NOW i will be At jay and R Ace importer Next, saturday the fifteenth writer in your. Calendar come out and see. Me all of you up There. Northwest great time to come.
Speaker 2: OUT.
Speaker 1: JNR ace is a Great Ace hardware. Store i've been in there, before talk to the managers and you, Know i'm. Impressed, okay you're gonna find everything you need, there just like you would expect from AN Ace. Hardware i'm going to be giving away products out, there so come on out for. THAT i will have some copies of my schedule with, me And i'll have a few other copies of some publications THAT i usually try to carry around with me for handing. Out good time to have time to sit, down or not sit, down stand up and visit and talk about the questions that you might. HAVE i always like to meet the people that listen to Garden. Line all, right have a good, Week see you next. Weekend