Speaker 1: Welcome to the Great Adventurers of Old Time Radio from Boise, Idaho. This is your host, Adam Graham. In a moment, we are going to bring you this week's episode of Cloak and Dagger. But first I do want to encourage you, if you're enjoying the podcast, to please follow us using your favorite podcast software. And if you're listening to this on Great Detectives of Old Time Radio, I want to encourage you to subscribe to our Great Adventurers podcast to catch all the episodes we share, including things we don't share on Great Detectives such as Flash Gordon with Tarzan coming next year. And also today's program is brought to you in part by the financial support of our listeners. You can support the show on a one time basis support dot Great Detectives dot net. Become one of our ongoing Patreon supporters for his little last two dollars per month by going to Patreon dot Great Detectives dot net.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: From June twenty fifth, nineteen fifty, here is direct line to bombers.
Speaker 3: Are you willing to undertake a dangerous mission behind the enemy lines knowing you may never return alive?
Speaker 4: What you have just heard is the question asked during the war to agents of the OSS. Ordinary citizens to this question answered yes, this is Cloak and Dagger, the black warfare, espionage, international intrigue. These are the weapons of the OSS. Today's adventure direct line to bombers. The story of an American OSS agent who, during the height of the war, directed from the streets of Berlin an American attack is suggested by actual incidents recorded in the Washington files of the Office of Strategic Services, a story that can now be told.
Speaker 5: After you get back from a mission, you sit around and there's nothing to do but sit around.
Speaker 6: So that's what I did. I sat in a room in Milton Hall and England, where OSS agents had trained. I thought about the restaurant on sixth Avenue I wanted to open after the war.
Speaker 2: It was never su bored in my life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey, Nikki, the colonel wants to see it.
Speaker 3: Very important.
Speaker 2: Okay, Pal tell my colonel I'll be there and win the war for him.
Speaker 7: That that.
Speaker 6: Was how it all began, November nineteen forty four. After that, I didn't have time to be bored.
Speaker 3: I know, you've just come back from a mission in France, Lieutenant, So it's strictly up to you if you want to go out again immediately.
Speaker 6: Oh now, listen, I mean, Colonel, if I have to sit around here and do nothing, I'll blow my tongue.
Speaker 3: You speak German?
Speaker 6: Don't you well enough to know that Hitler speaks a lousy German full of grammatical errors.
Speaker 2: If I see him, I'll tell him.
Speaker 3: You may be closer to him than you think, Barbara, Yes, Colonel, send in Professor Warburg.
Speaker 2: That's how I met the professor, This little guy with a beard.
Speaker 6: He weighed about as much as ten cents worth of liver, and he reminded me of my chemistry teacher back in Lincoln Junior High School.
Speaker 3: Professor, tell Lieutenant or Lessen, of course, just what you told me.
Speaker 7: It's the greatest of pleasure, Colonel. Lieutenant.
Speaker 8: I am an escaped political prisoner of the Nazis, and I am here in England illegally.
Speaker 2: And you just walked into headquarters and told that to the Colonel. Do you know you can be in turned?
Speaker 7: I know that very well. But I can no longer sit by and be idle while I have a plan that I know can help the Allies.
Speaker 3: What Professor Warburt suggests lieutenant, is that he be parachuted into Germany with another agent make his way to Berlin.
Speaker 7: I assure you I can move about Berlin blindfolded.
Speaker 2: I know it well, Berlin. This could be interesting. What then, with.
Speaker 8: A radio transmitter, we could pinpoint military targets to American planes overhead. We could direct bombs from the streets of Berlin itself.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, walk around with a walkie, talking in the middle of a raid, carrying on conversation with bombers.
Speaker 2: When do we leave?
Speaker 7: I am ready any time today, tomorrow, yesterday.
Speaker 2: Professor may have been ready yesterday, but the oss wasn't.
Speaker 6: First we were briefed for weeks, how to get food coupons in Berlin, how to buy a railroad ticket, how to post a letter, how to greet a German officer on the street. Little things an American cigarette, an English match, a laundry mark could give us away. And there were big things too. We were grilled for hours on cover stories. Forgeries became documents, fiction became fat passes, stamps, signatures, everything authentic, everything ere SUTs, including my manners and habits.
Speaker 2: So I was ready to pass as a citizen.
Speaker 6: In Berlin, and then a plane took us high over German soil and we jumped.
Speaker 7: They made it nikki yah.
Speaker 2: So if you kill me this to Berlin, we can walk it. Make it before daylight.
Speaker 8: They should find the farmer who owns this field and say, don gashan for providing us.
Speaker 7: It's so ideal a landing place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll send them a letter sometime. Right now, let's get out of here. W wait where you are.
Speaker 9: Kindly keep your hands to the air unless you want and I blow your heads off or let my dog tell you.
Speaker 10: To a bit.
Speaker 9: Well, we're in a good dog keeping so steel as your farmer professor, you still want to say, donkey show still to you.
Speaker 7: You have made the mistake.
Speaker 8: My friend, my companion and I got lost trying to find the road.
Speaker 7: We came by accident on your field.
Speaker 6: That's right, well, both of us only recently discharged from the army. If you would care to see our papers right here in his knapsack, if you don't kick.
Speaker 9: Your hands up and we'll let your dog go for your throat. I do not care to see your papers. I saw you parachute. I'm an American. Play oh, walk now to the barn. R we'll see to it that you stay there, won't you roll?
Speaker 6: The German farmer left us in the barn, and he didn't have to lock the door. That big black doberman with the impatient fangs watched us as if we wanted us.
Speaker 2: To make a move so we could jump. Oh.
Speaker 8: If we get out of this, my friend, I shall never again be a dog lover.
Speaker 2: Professor, don't move, don't turn your head. Just listen to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm listening.
Speaker 2: There's some harness straps hanging on a hook right over my head.
Speaker 6: I noticed them when I came in. If I can pull them down fast enough, i'll throw them over the dog when he leaps. Try to untang it. Yeah, but horse blankets near you. When I pull down the straps, throw the blanket over him. It's got to be fast, better.
Speaker 2: Work, and I'm ready on three. Then one nice boy, nice nice, big ugly mud to hurry. The harness caught on the nails.
Speaker 11: I tried to pull it down. The dog leaped my neck and then the nail came off too. The straps fell across the dog's snout. Professor flung the blankets over the dog's head. I have him, Nikki, but I can't hold.
Speaker 2: Him the shovel. Where's that shovel? I saw?
Speaker 7: Hurry, honey, I can't hold him now.
Speaker 3: I hid my.
Speaker 6: Again, And then suddenly the only sound in the barn was the dolls of the show.
Speaker 2: The dog didn't move make a sound. You never would care.
Speaker 7: We had better get out now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go on.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 7: The smell of the bakery is always good.
Speaker 10: How fortunate it is.
Speaker 12: I have only this morning made pepper cook yusef just be always liked it.
Speaker 8: How good to see you again, Anna. I told my friend Nikki that you would take us in, help us.
Speaker 12: Not dearly Nikki, I will do anything I care.
Speaker 8: We may stay here then, Anna, if all goes well, we willieve right after the rain tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty four hours all we need.
Speaker 10: Of course, you missed. I still live about the bakery. There is an extra room.
Speaker 12: My grandson Emil will not be home from the youth camp for a week.
Speaker 2: Youth care.
Speaker 10: What could I do, Niki? What could anyone do in these days in Berlin?
Speaker 12: But right with the wind until there is a chance to fight against it.
Speaker 10: Helping you and your mission will give me my chance.
Speaker 8: Little Emil eight years ago seemed like only yesterday. I used to sit with him on my lap here in this bakery and twirl my gold watch on the chain for him.
Speaker 7: Now, remember Anna, how he laughed?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I remember. He has forgotten you by now, and you would not know him. He's thirteen years old.
Speaker 7: Thirteen years old.
Speaker 10: Already they have poisoned his mind. I cannot get to him.
Speaker 13: I do not dare.
Speaker 12: He is a little parrot, speaking only what is taught him.
Speaker 10: Nikki.
Speaker 2: Some more coffee, No, thank you? Fraud like that?
Speaker 10: More cool or a first? Especially of my shop up push through.
Speaker 8: Six years ago at this very table, I had Emila on my lap when the Gestapo walked in and arrested me.
Speaker 7: They did not like what I taught in their school.
Speaker 2: Someone's coming.
Speaker 10: I don't know who.
Speaker 7: It can be.
Speaker 12: Customers never come by this late grandmother, surprise, I'm home, Amyl.
Speaker 13: What this man?
Speaker 10: Emil? Your manners?
Speaker 12: These are friends just passing through Berlin.
Speaker 10: They just think the night this is Hernid? Can her use.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, of course, Hitler.
Speaker 10: I did not expect you until next week. Came here? How is it you are here so early?
Speaker 13: I want to create honor, which I want to tell you about. I did not know I'd have to shell to a stranger.
Speaker 10: Shame Amy. These men were soldiers of the fatherland.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, I mean we were both with the elite god of one of Rammel's Panza division.
Speaker 7: Yes, that is before we received our medical discharges.
Speaker 12: Ram will sit down, my boy. I will bring you something to eat.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Don't you want to hear about the anna you received? Look mad on my.
Speaker 10: Sleeve red swastik.
Speaker 14: Yeah, read for the youth movement and a swastika. Because I learned my lessons faster than the others. The commanded chief of the whole youth movement awarded me my swastika, and he told me I could take my vacation a week early.
Speaker 13: Are you proud of me?
Speaker 10: Grandmother?
Speaker 12: Yeah, my boy, Yeah, let me get you something to eat.
Speaker 7: Nine nine and I'm too tired going up to bed.
Speaker 13: Grandmother said you were staying here? Will I see you in the morning.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, Well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 12: Oh, they will be here now that you are homey mil I will sleep on the couch and give them my room.
Speaker 10: Oh, it is all right.
Speaker 7: It is that good.
Speaker 13: Perhaps then, hey yourself, you will tell me about Rahma a great leader.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, perhaps we will see you in the morning. Emil, Why do you stare at me? Do I stare?
Speaker 13: Boy? I thought so? Have I met you before her yours?
Speaker 7: No, I am sure, not your.
Speaker 13: Face ever since I came in grandmother. Have I met him here before?
Speaker 10: No? No, Emil, her Yoseph was here before you were born. Even you have never seen him. It has been years, fifteen, maybe before you were born.
Speaker 13: I suppose so.
Speaker 2: Well, good night, Professor. He wouldn't remember.
Speaker 10: Oh how good he Nikki. He was a baby that last day.
Speaker 12: Joseph saw him, barely five years old, and the Professor was thirty pounds heavy at least, and clean shape.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, ah nah is right, and do not worry. He could not remen that. Do not worry.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't help worry. I lay awake half the night thinking about that kid in the room next door, the thirteen year old puppet with a new red swastikan. It was just a feeling.
Speaker 6: I had a funny kind of feeling at the pit of my stomach that made me wish they'd kept him in that youth camp until after we were gone. When I got up, the sun had been up for hours, and so I had the professor I.
Speaker 2: Went downstairs to the bakery.
Speaker 6: There was a smell of fresh bread baking, and I knew for our light nose in the kitchen. But the Professor was sitting at the table, swinging his watch on the gold chain and talking to that German quiz kid.
Speaker 13: You want to know.
Speaker 7: I'm just interested. I want to see how well you have earned that swastika.
Speaker 2: I stood on the stairs and listen. Was revolution.
Speaker 13: He's the greatest man who ever was or will be.
Speaker 14: When I joined the Fewer organization, the man in Chad said, join organization, but this forward forward the pane leaders to eternity.
Speaker 7: You have learned your lessons there, Yosef.
Speaker 13: Are you sure I have never seen you before?
Speaker 7: Of course not, my boy, I seem to remember.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joseph, ah good. Modern had no idea.
Speaker 6: Since we're just passing through Berlin, don't you think we are to see a few of the sights before we leave?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you're right. We will leave now. Perhaps later, Emil, we will talk more.
Speaker 6: Rat was scheduled for that night. The Professor and I had a lot of work to do. We made arrangements to meet about four point thirty that.
Speaker 2: Afternoon at a tab an aun villains to us. We went separate ways. I did a lot of walking and I made a lot of notes in my head.
Speaker 6: The Klingenberg power plant was still functioning. Just the Courage junction of the city railroad had been repaired. There was an ammunition dump on the north side that our bombers couldn't see from the air.
Speaker 2: It's a nice day.
Speaker 6: A lot of Germans were walking the streets, and I made a lot of notes in my head.
Speaker 7: The vision all now man nine nine later.
Speaker 2: I am waiting for a friend.
Speaker 6: Professor was fifteen minutes late, and I started getting nervous. Maybe somebody had recognized him. I sat there and sweated it out fifteen minutes, twenty minutes, half hour, and then he finally came.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't alone.
Speaker 7: Hell noida. This is Haltman Miller.
Speaker 8: The net only this afternoon, and I invited him to come and have dinner with us.
Speaker 15: It was not quite that way. It was I who insisted upon coming.
Speaker 2: And know I, uh, give it. Sit down.
Speaker 7: You were with one of Romel's panzer divisions.
Speaker 6: I understand, yes, we were only recently discharged from the army myself.
Speaker 3: I am just back.
Speaker 15: You will have much to talk about. There is that stupid waiter, never around when you need them.
Speaker 7: He will be here presently, presently, it is not.
Speaker 2: Soon enough, I will go to see him myself. Every right back where did you pick him up?
Speaker 8: He found me, my friend. There is a reservoir near the rail line. I was looking around.
Speaker 7: I think he was a little suspicious at first, but then I told him I was with Rammel. He became more friendly.
Speaker 8: I am beginning to believe I was in Africa myself just the same.
Speaker 2: I wish you could have shaken him. What did you find out?
Speaker 8: It was a profitable afternoon, and your profitable afternoon?
Speaker 2: He comes back.
Speaker 15: Ah, yes, but first it seems strange to me that yourself here should show so much interest, and the rest of them.
Speaker 8: And I was nearly taking a stroll getting reacquainted with Berlin.
Speaker 15: Then I watched you. I saw you walk down towards the rail line. That was when I stopped you and began to talk.
Speaker 6: We are both glad you did help give us this opportunity to get acquainted.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope we should see more of you while we're in the capitol.
Speaker 16: Perhaps, and no idea, perhaps you shall see a great dealer I should call the waiter and order some brandy. Oh you're not yet finish. Show me that's still eating.
Speaker 2: It's very good. A diet at the hospital was not so very no doubt, no doubt. Everything I ate stuck in my throat.
Speaker 6: I knew that German officer was watching easy to watching me strangely, and I didn't know why.
Speaker 2: I knew that something was wrong, and I didn't know why. You professor felt it too.
Speaker 17: Her name is Gertru and I tell you about and she has friends, some very pretty friends you would like to meet.
Speaker 18: Perhaps, yes, you would like to very much help. How you would have enjoyed them? We might have had great fun together, all of us. Unfortunately you may be otherwise engaged with the Gestapo.
Speaker 7: But what did you say? He haupman and I.
Speaker 15: Have been watching you through dinner, annoyed neck. You're an American. Do not move either of them.
Speaker 2: I have my hand on my down. But surely you're joking.
Speaker 7: No European.
Speaker 15: It's the way you do to change the fork from the left hand to the right after the knife is used. It first it escaped me. I just knew something bothered me. Then I realized what it was.
Speaker 2: There it was, the little thing. Just put a rope around.
Speaker 7: With my neck Americans, hold the fork side where it's.
Speaker 2: The right hand.
Speaker 6: In my nervousness, i'd first a little thing like that European manner of eating.
Speaker 2: Stuper will be very please.
Speaker 6: Sharp knife I had been eating with was still in my hand, almost disciplitable, disappeared under the table and halfway into the German office.
Speaker 19: Good work, miggie. It was stupid to get myself into that jam in the first place. We're not out of this yet, waiter, I'm on hell check please. Our friend has had a little too much to drink. We will take him home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, right of way.
Speaker 6: Between the two of us, we managed to get him out of there. His head was rocking back and forth like a drunk. The knife was still in him, so the blood didn't flow very much, and he kept his cape around him.
Speaker 7: All right, there is no one around here, and we can dump him behind this ship.
Speaker 2: All right, we're beginning to leave a trail a mile long. It's a long, pal, It's nice meeting you. Come on, professor, let's go. When we got back to the Baker, there was more trouble waiting for us.
Speaker 6: Sixty one inches high, weighing about one hundred and ten pounds, wearing a new red swastika on his arm. It is.
Speaker 2: They're in the kitchen.
Speaker 7: Something is wrong.
Speaker 2: I'll write the sound to that.
Speaker 14: Come on confusing with someone els no, no, wonder you're so stopped this morning when we were I've watched on the chain.
Speaker 12: I thought I remembered something just now, how I you have never seen her use it before?
Speaker 13: The enemy I have when I was very little.
Speaker 2: They could stop.
Speaker 13: Okay, they arrested a man with a gold watching a chain. I tell you he is the same.
Speaker 10: What amy They do not even look alike.
Speaker 14: It's this broadcast radio I found hidden in your bedroom and a headbox.
Speaker 2: It's called a walkie talking. And why they'll give it back to me, nick use if you come back. You see, you see we've wasted time. I should have gone to the authorities right away.
Speaker 13: They have tracked to grandmother.
Speaker 12: He knows, Hannah, I am afraid to I've been holding him here hoping you would return.
Speaker 13: What did you say? You know grandmother? Didn't you They didn't try to do.
Speaker 10: I Trada, you're a trita told him get from me.
Speaker 20: You shun.
Speaker 2: Stop you now have your signs.
Speaker 12: Look him there until after you have gone get your hat.
Speaker 8: You will have to come with us and we leave here tonight. Anna, you cannot stay now, press.
Speaker 6: Is right fro like get upstairs, will turn you over. The Nazis so fast. You want know what happened to.
Speaker 10: You, my little emil turn mean you would he?
Speaker 7: I'm afraid he would. Anna.
Speaker 8: It is best that you come with us. They are going to try to get through the lines into France. Once there, there are underground workers who will help us.
Speaker 10: Nikki, is it all right if I bring this tray of food up to him? He has not eaten. He's still such a little boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, sure, you take it up, but don't untie his hands.
Speaker 10: Remember, yes, I will remember.
Speaker 2: On the radar to start soon. Let's go over this map, make sure we have everything right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now, the rail line is here sector two, grid B three, and.
Speaker 6: If Obama's knocked that out, Berlin's transportation is completely crippled. And here on the map power plant is in sixty six grid G five.
Speaker 7: Nicky, he's gone.
Speaker 10: What his hands?
Speaker 2: He got them loose?
Speaker 10: He lowered himself from the window with the betches. What are we to do he'll bring the Gestapo back with him.
Speaker 2: We don't know how long he's been gone, Professor. The window quick, yeah, the back door. That is a car coming there is Elliott's got no time. They'll have this place around it. How do you get to the roof the roof?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Yeah, up those stairs. We can go to the other rooftops and perhaps the ski.
Speaker 6: It'd be no perhaps about it. He went up to the attic stairs and onto the roof. You could see the Germans from there. Four of them black shirts spilled out of an armored car. Two of them broke in through the front door. Two of them started around in the rear, and then we heard amy, my boy, honah, Nikki nikki, she's dead. Well, it won't do her any good if we stay here, come on across the parrot at.
Speaker 2: Ye oh, that's music for my ears. At least?
Speaker 7: Did you keep them from getting more help?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Stay away? Are so?
Speaker 7: I'm done now and it would go easier with you all.
Speaker 2: Come and get us, paddle.
Speaker 6: One of them did try to come and get us, and he got it first, right between the eyes. He swayed for a few seconds back and forth, and then he fell off the roof.
Speaker 2: On the street.
Speaker 7: That's one off the Nikki, that are only two left?
Speaker 2: Two? What happened the third? It was behind you.
Speaker 6: Fourth Nazi come up the other way through somebody else's attic and on the roof behind and from.
Speaker 2: Now the rogers two left, professor, Professor, what is it my leg?
Speaker 7: I can't move it. I can't go any further, Nikki.
Speaker 2: And what happened afterwards was a nightmare.
Speaker 6: Was if the earth cracked wide open, spread hot, burning, and the noise of the planes and the ack eg and the German guns and the bombing made my stomach turn. We crouched behind the parapet and I held them off while the Professor directed the bombers.
Speaker 7: Attention, attention, bombers.
Speaker 8: The Kling and Bag power plant is still functioning and supplies electric power to whital Industries. Bomb Sector six, create G five. They ask Krit's junction of the city railroad has been repaired. Knock it out, and old traffic in Blain will be stopped. Sector two create B three. All right, go now, Nikki, while there is a chance I can hold them off long enough for you to get away.
Speaker 2: I can't leave you here.
Speaker 7: No, no, they won't take me. Don't worry.
Speaker 8: Look out Harry and will make a chart. Listen, listen to Miniki. Go across the next two rooftops and then down through the skylight. There is a tailor shower a professor out of the back door. There it leads to an alley.
Speaker 7: Once over the fence on the cover.
Speaker 2: Of the rage.
Speaker 8: You can make it, how look, I will go without you, all right, I will change your mind. Attention attention bumber, What are you doing? Attention bombers impertitive? Wait two minutes and bomb crossroads at sect the seven grid D three.
Speaker 2: Professor, what are you doing? You're crazy?
Speaker 7: That's here this sect that go on? Run run, Nikki, why cover you?
Speaker 4: I ran?
Speaker 2: I stumbled and fell and got up and ran again. When I got down in the alley through the tailor shop, I kept on running it and then the bomb fell and the concussion.
Speaker 6: Rocked the ground, and I went flat up my face. When I look back, I knew that our Pomis had made another direct hit. Professor had not only held off the Germans while I got away, but kept them there until it was too late for any of them.
Speaker 2: Little German bakery that specialized And I'll pushtroid or folded up.
Speaker 6: It had been made of matchsticks. Somewhere in the wreckage. The professor with his gold watch on the chain. It was buried under it. Now the head the planes headed back. There was nothing left for me there.
Speaker 2: I headed back to.
Speaker 4: Lieutenant Gus Olesnicus made his way to France and after months from there to England. But his direction of the bombing raid from the target itself kept some of Berlin's major industries crippled and its transportation system paralyzed. And once again the report of an OSS agent closes with the words mission accomplished. Listen next week when we again present Cloak and Dagger.
Speaker 7: Heard him.
Speaker 20: Today is Clock and Dagger Adventure Wherever at Sloan Old Zukert, Lily Darvas, Barry Kroger, Michael Artist, Raymond Edward Johnson, Carl Weber, Jerry Jarrett, Bobby wil and Brad Barker. Script was written by Winnifred Wolf and Jack Gordon. Music was under the direction of John Gart. Today's true OSS Adventure was based on the book Cloakndagger by Corey Ford and Alistair McBain. This has been a Loose g Cohn production. In association with Alfred Hollander and was under the direction and supervision of Sherman Marx. NBC offers three of radio's top mystery adventure shows, The Big Guy, Sam Spade and The Saint. So if mysteries are your meat, listening tonight next here High Adventure, then The Big Guy on NBC.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, another gripping tale. Some hard scenes in here. I think the absolute way that the Nazis poisoned email and brainwashed him is one of those things that really does deserve remembered about the methods that were utilized by the Nazis, and you know, later on you would also see the same sort of tactics being used in communist countries to turn kids against their parents and just to really take control and mold them according to the dictates of the state. And then of course we get to the end and the professor sacrificed to the say to save the lieutenant was very shocking, but it was probably the only way out. The clue that gave them away, much like the button. The first episode was a reminder of the difficulty of espionage and how many little things you have to watch. That's why I'd never make it as a spot. What happened to the Nazi Sergeant is actually a reminder of the difference between fact and fiction. A lot of our detective heroes on the Great Detectives podcasts confront desperate and dangerous people and demonstrate how cleverly they solved the crime and found them out in a way that would leave them very vulnerable to this sort of thing. Real life spies don't applaud your clever deduction and march off to await their eventual execution. They will complete their mission and preserve themselves at all costs, and that is the sort of reality we hear on Cloak and Dagger. Now it's time to thank our Patreon supporter of the day, and I want to go ahead and think Kelly, Patreon supporter since July of twenty seventeen, currently supporting the podcast at the shawmus level of four dollars or more per month. Thanks so much for your support, Kelly, and that will do it for today. If you're enjoying the podcast, please follow us using your favorite podcast software and be sure to rate and review the podcast wherever you download it from. If you are listening to the Great Adventurers podcast, we'll be back on Tuesday with an episode of Flash Gordon on the Great Detectives podcast. We'll be back on Monday with the Adventures of the Falcon and if you want to check out Flash Gordon and all the other features that we have on the Great Adventurers podcast, please do subscribe at Great Adventures dot info or wherever you get your podcasts from. In the meantime, do send your comments to Box thirteen at Great Detectives dot net, follow us on Twitter at Radio Detectives, and check us out on Instagram, Instagram, dot com slash Great Detectives from boy seattleho. This is your host, Adam Graham signing off.