Speaker 1: The second date update on KJE.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have Raymond on the phone. Raymond, you have no idea what's about to.
Speaker 3: Happen, right, Yeah. My co workers that were kind of talking me into doing this with you all. Yeah, so they're they're very much in my dating life, so I figured I would call in here, but I'm happy to fill you in on the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hear the whole thing, and thank you coworkers.
Speaker 3: So I met Annie on Instagram. We started chatting. She's very cute, cute personality too, so I took her out on a very casual dinner date, like a counter service restaurant Fuggies. We are waiting in line to order and everything. She's totally normal, good vibes, and by the time we started eating, she had completely flipped. So I don't know, she just seems bothered. So I asked if everything is okay. She said like yes, and I it just was weird. I the next day I texted her. I said it was great to meet in person and everything, and she just she never texted me back, and so, yeah, I just the girls at work thought I should call you guys help me to figure this out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well it was the girls at work. Of course it was the girl. Yeah, every day, I want to meddle in your love life.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So what we do now is we get Annie on the phone and ask her why she seemed bothered and honestly, maybe she just had something on her mind that preoccupied her and she didn't enjoy the date.
Speaker 1: Because that maybe we could talk her into maybe a do over, some give me the tacos mess with her. We got Annie on the second date. Update.
Speaker 4: Hi Annie, Annie, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're calling about you had this date with Raymond and he said, kind of in the middle of the date, you just kind of just seemed to be, like, I don't know, preoccupied or annoyed or something. And then and then yeah, oh yeah, I think okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, wow, yeah, Raymond, why what do you do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Okay, first of all, okay, super vicial, Raymond dresses nice, that's a nice car, and I'm sure he makes money, which makes what I'm about to say so weird. But we're at the counter ordering our food and you know, they do their thing where they show you the screen because you know how it comes up like eight, you know, eh yeah, and Raymond was like, oh no, I don't believe in tipping, and he said it loud so everyone could hear it. Yeah, like like almost proud of it.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 4: I feel this so hard?
Speaker 1: Do you not like that? You don't like that? You don't like that, Amanda?
Speaker 2: When your mom tip anybody ever, and it like it makes me Okay, so you don't like this?
Speaker 4: Well, when I was just thinking, oh, what a jerk. What do you mean that you don't believe in tipping? What a cheap Okay, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, I got you. Okay, I got Raymond. Come on in here.
Speaker 3: But it's not fair. She's kind of taking my words out of context here.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's the proper context for I don't believe in tipping?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't believe in tipping at a counter restaurant service, yeah, like a towner.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, but that's not what Raymond said.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know, I'm sorry, Yeah, but that's that's what I'm saying. That's what I meant, Like I tip, I tip at a restaurant where I actually would get service.
Speaker 4: Okay, they gave you service at Fuzzy Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's people servicing you at Fuzzy.
Speaker 3: Yes, sure, no, I mean, yeah, I get that. I'm just saying I mean from like a waitress or or possibly like a bartender. I just I don't tip a cashier.
Speaker 4: Okay, why are you so condescending?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not I'm not trying to be condescending at all.
Speaker 4: Like a gosh here as though so he they are beneath him or something. It's just don't tip. Just don't tip. You don't need to announce it to everyone that you don't believe in tipping.
Speaker 2: It was just so like you're very proud that you don't believe in tipping and matimonious, good word make them feel bad for even asking you to pick something on the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's that's my bad and I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Jeez, come on, you do not sound sorry. See I've worked in the service industry before, and people like you, Raymond, You're the worst.
Speaker 1: Is it magnified for you? Like this is why it's such a.
Speaker 2: Red flag, because you've worked in the service industry where people tip.
Speaker 4: That is that dollar twenty two really gonna kill you? Like, come on, it was just that it's the way you acted it's a bad look, bro.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've apologized at this point, and I'm not I'm not really sure what else I can say here.
Speaker 4: I mean, does that feel really good to be in a position where you can help somebody out and then you're just like I don't believe in it?
Speaker 2: Like, okay, okay, An, I think we got your I think we got your point of view here.
Speaker 1: Annie, We're gonna let you go. Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry, I need to take a stance.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Raymond, I'm okay, what a man? Why I don't like the tipping at the counter? I think it's weird. Okay, I think it's weird, Like this did not this was not a thing for a long time.
Speaker 2: Now it's suddenly a thing where like, Raymond, maybe you were sanctimonious, but I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like you look at a k they look at you awkwardly too, like no one feels comfortable in the situation, Like why am I tipping a cash?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Raymond. Then it's uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Why do you feel the need to go No, I will not be tipping you.
Speaker 3: I was kind of saying it for her. I must have said it just to you know anything.
Speaker 2: It's a polarizing topic. I'm sure people have opinions, so we'll see what they have to say. But Raymond, sorry we didn't get you another day, but thanks for coming on the second date update, thanks
Speaker 3: So much, everybody