Speaker 1: All right, I know you've heard about fire aid and what is going on in LA tomorrow. Now, keep in mind that we've been running spots about this, so maybe you've heard it, but you can actually listen tomorrow night. It's on our sister station or brother station, whichever angle you want to take. Therekzyps ninety two point five lone Star Baby nine pm to four am. They are going to be running it over on lone Star and you can make donations, which is what this is all about, so you don't have to miss it. You can listen on nine two five lone Star our friends. Right over there, it's time for your MAVs Minute, which is brought to you by Sunset at McKinney. You can get all the deats on that at Sunset Texas dot Com. Been tonight we have Dallas Mavericks basketball right here on ninety some point one The Eagle. You will have pregames starting at six thirty and then the game starts at seven. They're at New Orleans and it would be nice if they could get another performance with like what your dude Klay Thompson did against the Whiz on Monday night. Tuesday Night Guy.
Speaker 2: That was so much fun to watch Clay hit seven three pointers in the first quarter alone and basically eliminated the Wizards. I mean, at that point the contest was over it. I don't remember the exact score, but at one point it was like thirty four to fourteen or yeah, something crazy. I'm like, is this? It was nuts and he just could not miss. And it's just awesome to see that he still has it like that, that he can get as hot as any player in the league from three point range at any given moment. And I'm hoping you know that game it was over early, it was against a bad opponent, but it's gonna be awesome to see him have games where he gets hot in more high leverage games than playoff games down the road.
Speaker 1: You just jogged a memory for me. I think the end of that first quarter was forty two to sixteen. I think I remember seeing that number. I know the maps had forty two. Make sure to listen to the action tonight right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle, and do go to Sunset Texas dot com and check out what our friends are doing over there. Man, that amphitheater in McCain's going to be dope and you can own a piece of it Sunset Texas dot Com. But right now it's time for this. What's going on in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Down, no denying it top ten city along with for Worth, for Worth, which is larger than Austin. Now wet outside. That's the top story today, wet rainy. Here's what you need to know about the rain. If you are in those low lying areas where the floods could happen, look out, it's gonna rain a lot.
Speaker 1: It's gonna rain overnight.
Speaker 3: Should shut off a little bit before noon tomorrow, So road, you're gonna be slick if you're traveling tomorrow, and then you'll be good to go for music trivia tomorrow night at Rollertown, which gets going at seven tomorrow evening.
Speaker 1: Did you just low lying area US? I did? I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: You don't hear that very often against accomplished actual weather people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Not this trash. It's on social media trying to you know, engagement farm some trash. So there you go, Cowboys.
Speaker 3: News today revolves around the world of Will McLay. They've signed him to a multi year extension. Fantastic has not historically got a lot of those. He's been getting a lot of one year deals. God, look, I like him. I think the Cowboys draft better than most teams. But of late, he hasn't been on a hot streak. He's not exactly on a heater. They've missed on some first round picks. I think they've missed on their last two first round picks. Maybe they didn't miss last year. But it's not looking great at this point. But having him there brings a credibility, and it makes me have way more confidence in things knowing Will mcclay's there. But it hadn't exactly been awesome of late. Yeah, Whenever I start to go down the road of what if Will McClay did leave, well, what happened?
Speaker 1: I then remember that Jerry's in charge. Yeah, they do would get worse. So they found a guy that they're comfortable with that we think is at least solid.
Speaker 2: Yes, so like most of the time good, Yeah, just maybe on a cold streak.
Speaker 1: Dude, if he were to leave, he would be replaced by someone whose last name is Lacewell. Like, that's how bad it would get. We hired what was the name we came up with earlier? Larry?
Speaker 2: Larry, are you talking about Tommy Bob Billy Tommy Bob Lacewell. Yeah, we've hired Tommy Bob Lacewell. Of course, Tommy Bob's been hanging around here every years. He's a little he was a little little boy in tough skins and now he's seventy five.
Speaker 1: I picked up that phone and I talked to Tommy Bob's mama, and I said, Tommy Bob's mama, we're gonna get that Super Bowl for your dead grandfather.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Tommy Bob Lacewell.
Speaker 3: Picked up the phone and talked to Tommy Bob's mother and said, I don't have time to meet Tommy Bob. I can see that happening too. I still it baffles me. Of all the Jerry Jones stuff over the years, he couldn't have gone and had a bit of a lunch with his illegitimate child at well, no, it's this child, we think. Yeah, we're not sure still because there was like a test and we still don't know. He couldn't have just she was an SMU. They literally down the street from each other. He couldn't have made time just have a quick brunch with her. He's busy, amazing do they have a helicopter pat at their house? What we man like, you can't just go anywhere. You can only go to places with helicopter pass.
Speaker 1: They could have had a run out in the backyard and he waves as the helicopter flies over. Swung by the damn corner bakery. You're right there off smu right where she is, right by campus. He's a McDonald's, guys, ridiculous. I'm gonna buy you a corner bakery. We learned last night. According to the NFL network, this is so good and this is.
Speaker 3: Reported by Ian Rappaport and Tom Pellisero, which is Carthy's buddy. Yeah, Mike McCarthy has chosen to take a break from the upcoming season. He's gonna really focus on the twenty twenty six hiring exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: So he's gonna start watching every play of next season and then he'll get a job a year later if someone will hire him.
Speaker 1: Does he get a job in twenty twenty six if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl next year?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh no, because that would be damning. Right're going to be bad.
Speaker 2: It'd be a lot like a single guy being at a bar hitting on every single girl in the bar striking out, and then at closing time going you know what, I've decided, I Am not going to try to have sex with anyone tonight. I'm just gonna go home and watch TV. It's my decision. I've chosen to do this. You know, it's one forty five. I'm tired. I've talked to everything.
Speaker 1: I've even talked to the big ones in here, but you know what, I'm he doesn't even know up.
Speaker 3: The last minute, Hail Mary, does anyone want to have sex with me tonight?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I didn't think so that's why again I've chosen and selected to go watch TV.
Speaker 1: Which one of you gals is the New Orleans Saints. I'm not having sex with you.
Speaker 3: He hits the automatic get ahead of it thing on his car and he says it, dude. The Saints are having trouble getting a coach though, because you know, if McCarthy's not gonna take it, Cliff has already told Cliff's going back to Washington. Now, keep in mind, Cliff Kingsbury is still getting paid by the Arizona Cardinals, so he's good.
Speaker 1: He's he needs to know he needs to pick the right perfect jobs. Yeah. New Orleans is a mess because their cap is a mess, there would be players. Yeah, Jadon Daniels film pretty good about that situation. Yeah, it probably gets along great with Dan Quinn. Coolest guy ever. Who could not get along with Dan? I mean, god, this sounds fun.
Speaker 2: There are people who want the Cowboys to tank for arch banning, but I don't think you can do that with Dak because I still think you could be You could win six or seven games with Dak even Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, and they're gonna draft Gen T and move on. Okay, well they could. They could be good too. They could be good.
Speaker 2: But also if they get a bunch of injuries, they don't have a lot of depth. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think it's at all. I mean, let's see what the offseason is, and that includes draft and stuff. I do not think it is in any way outrageous to expect the Cowboys to be a ten or eleven win team. That's what they were three straight twelve win teams last year.
Speaker 2: Got the injury, but it just depends on They've had some miss again, they've missed on some first round picks and that hurts and they have not fortified their roster and free agency and that hurts. So they don't really have a lot of depth. They're losing some guys now. It's just hard to say. They're not good enough to weather many injuries and they need to hit on every pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can't hit.
Speaker 3: And this is Steven is talking about this with some people, Stephen Jones, who's talking about how the Cowboys are a lot like the forty nine ers and forty nine ers got the injury bug this year, and I'm like, I mean, he's kind of right.
Speaker 1: The forty nine ers had always go to the championship game of the Super.
Speaker 3: But his point is this is a good roster, and it is. So there's his point is good there.
Speaker 2: But let's keep in mind they had a lot of trouble running the ball, especially early in the season, and they had a lot of trouble getting separation as their receivers notoriously could not get separation from corners. Their scheme was bad, and they just kept the guy who could deliver that same scheme to them and run it back.
Speaker 1: I do think there's a chance that Shoddy has more in his bag than we realize. And like the beginning of the year. The way they have approach the run game was borderline silly. Dude.
Speaker 3: Ben Johnson has not had some illustrious career until he got really good players had two years like he had been a guy too. They've kind of been around the league and been on some bad teams and then now all of a sudden, he's the hot piece. The problem is Stephen compared shoddyd Andy Reid. Yeah, and work out for him and Philly, and then he went to Kansas City, and you see, it's it's possible.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 2: You can squint, but no matter how good he is, you have some roster problems. You need to hit on your draft picks, and they can't afford to sit out another free agency.
Speaker 1: But you can squint and see a way that they could be good.
Speaker 2: You could also see, okay, they could also be very bad.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, here's the beauty of it, Ben, that's twenty three teams in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I could see it if they if they start off cold.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't mind seeing them taking couch, she said.
Speaker 3: And we don't know that Arch is good. But yeah, but if Zeke Zeke posted Zeke coins coming and then he deleted.
Speaker 1: Oh no, if they ever did that, huk to a girl ever show up again. There's no news on her. You can't find any trace of news. What if she ended up being the Cowboys running back next year, that'd be weird, that'd be cool. She would die the first game. Uh, there you have.
Speaker 2: And that's what's going on in Dallas, is that that might be our last Mike McCarthy story.
Speaker 1: Nah, dude, we'll see. Uh like I'd like some Barn updates this year, all right?
Speaker 2: Coming up next, toilet explodes and uh, there's changes at Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Those are unrelated stories. Next before we get there,