Speaker 1: Callaroga Shock Media.
Speaker 2: From the Lake House him Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news, daily briefing on stand up comedy, comedians and the comedy industry. That's right, I've left the basement as we begin to get into warm weather mode. This is the first time I'm recording in my new space, so I have to get used to the audio. It's a bigger room. It's not my little bit corner of the basement, so my voice is echoing. I'll have to learn how to modulate my voice in this setup, and we'll see if the audio sounds any different. You don't care about any of that. Let's talk about Louis Ck Jezebel Rights. Everybody crying about cancel culture for the last decade can shut up, because apparently the diagnosis does not take that long to wear off, as evidence by well, pick any crappy man of the last decade. They are, of course, commenting on the announcement that Louis CK will headline a show at the Netflix as a Joke Festival, and we'll have a special on Netflix titled Ridiculous Jezebel Rights. This mark CK's first major streaming deal since his quote unquote cancelation aka when he got fired for being a creep. They re litigate that part of CK's biography. I went over that on Friday. If you're not familiar with it, it's all water under the bridge. Let's get this creep back up on the homepage. Great idea of Netflix. A more fitting career trajectory for Ck would have been banishment to the depths of the podcast only men listen to either that or a lifetime residency at the Rion Comedy Festival. Just begune. He played the comedy festival, so he's not gonna be mad at you for saying that, Jezebel writes. More importantly, can men stop acting like women are out here ruining careers by coming forward with their stories of sexual misconduct? The narrative is tired. Unfortunately it has never been the case. There's literally a rapist in the White House. So let's collectively agree to stop pretending cancel culture was or is real in any meaningful, permanent way. Because if I recall, it only took about a year after c K's cancelation for him to be back on stage, receiving standing ovations and joking about how he lost thirty five million dollars in an hour. Thing out today on Netflix, Shang Wing, I like Shang a lotta. I've got a trailer for you in a second, and it reminds me of how much Shang reminds me of Mitch Hitburg.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling pretty good. I've been trying to eat more berries. I'm real passionate about those antioxidants.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what oxidants are. I just know that I'm against them. It seems like whenever you eat something that's yummy, there's some oxidants trying to bring you down.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So after I eat like a steak and some martinis, I call on my berries. I send in the antioxidants. I'm like, hey, man, go handle that make it look like an accident. Sometimes I eat the berries before the dinner. I lay a trap.
Speaker 2: Directed by Ali Wong, the new special Herpole delves into what it means to be a grown up. Sheng Wang explorers ordinary life moments, sharing prize berriers with your friend's kids, cooking with shallotts, and braving the ghosts in your house. Herpol was filmed at the Warner Theater in Washington, d C. Great venue there We also have a trailer for Rammy Usef's special that'll be out on HBO on the seventeenth. This trailer is fantastic. I did edit out a chunk that's a little too naughty for what I want to do on this particular program, but this is a strong trailer.
Speaker 4: Rommy Usef is back in his third HBO comedy specially, he's the most famous comedian to not do the Saudi Comedy Festival.
Speaker 5: I didn't do that because I wasn't invited. My wife, whole family's in Saudi.
Speaker 4: I go there anyway.
Speaker 5: I'm the only guy in Hollywood that loses money going to Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: He's got the solution to AI.
Speaker 5: You ever see what's happening on grap any picture of any woman they're turning it into.
Speaker 4: I mean I thought of.
Speaker 5: One defense, you know. I mean, really, the only thing that could help would be if all women kind of were just all black, but only through the eyes. For years, I've been going, why do they make them wear that? And now it's become clear. I mean this was a prophecy. I mean, you know, sell them. I will never let them rock you.
Speaker 4: And He's got thoughts on being a man.
Speaker 5: Any guy I know who should be married is married. Any guy I know who's singles should be who single? These guys are crazy, the single guys. None of them got a job, phone, always dead, one hoodie. It's hard being a guy. And that's what we're talking about tonight, Fellas. Yeah, this one is for the boys.
Speaker 4: Bro Rammy Yusef in Love.
Speaker 2: Rommi Yusef in Love, HBO, April seventeenth, Filmed at The Hideout in Chicago, directed by Chris Storer. Now you may not recognize the name, but he is the creator of the Bear. Robmi Usef playfully engages with the audience as he approaches a vast spectrum of personal topics, both hilariously relatable and genuinely serious, all while doing so with the belief that he can find light and hope in all things if you just try to see them through a lens of love. Whether it's his marriage, being a dog parent, AI, or religion, Robmi comes at everything with his own brand of heart and humor. HBO Executive vice president of Late Night and Specials Programming, Nina Rosenstein, in a statement, said Rommy's third HBO special feels like a homecoming for him and for us. He has this rare ability to make a room feel like it's just you and him, and then use that closeness to say something that catches you completely off guard. Filming inside a small Prohibition era bar in Chicago only deepens that intimacy. It has a lived in, timeless quality to it, and the result is a special that feels completely and unmistakably romy. Joe Rogan experience making some news he had on guest Theovon, I try not to get too political on this program, so I will read you verbatim what they wrote in The Independent. Quoting The Independent, they write, quote influential podcasters Joe Rogan and Theovon, both of whom supported President Donald Trump in the twenty twenty four election, have expressed their dismay at the war in Iran. Theovon sat down with Rogan the day after the President delivered that twenty minute televised national address. Remember that one? Did you watch that one? Theovon asked Rogan, what do you think is going to happen? You think we're going to be okay? Joe Rogan said, I hope, so, of course, I don't know. I'm confused. I can't believe we went to this war and we started bombing Iran. I was like, this can't be true. Theovann jumped in and said, what about Lebanon. Joe Rogan said, well, they're supposedly trying to stop the terrorists. Theovonn laughed and said that's crazy, though, you're the effing terrorists. You know what I'm saying, Like, if you want to stop them, effing stand in front of the effing mirror and start there. I have a little audio for you from the Joe Rogan experience.
Speaker 6: It just seems so insane based on what he ran on. I mean, this is why a lot of people feel betrayed, right, and he ran on no more wars and these stupid, senseless wars, and then we have one that we can't even really clearly define why we did it.
Speaker 2: Another section is making the news. People seem a little concerned about Theovonne after this exchange. Particularly Joe Rugan seems concerned about Theovann. I have made several edits here for swear words.
Speaker 3: It's all just a cat and mouse game. People are like, well, like the Democrats next time, It's like, but it's all the same. Shit has been happening forever. They haven't been helping anybody forever. They're letting politicians slurp on kids. All of our money goes to Israel and they're using it gets to genocide people. It's like everybody is scared out of their wits right now. It's like our religious leaders are afraid to speak out, and it's like it's a time where it's like Satan is amongst us and our religious leaders are talking about bullshit at the poll. It's just like, what is going I don't know, man.
Speaker 6: You got to get you up at the present sun. You're losing your marbles.
Speaker 4: You think I am come hang out with us?
Speaker 2: Just chilling them here, and the topic went on to aliens. The Ovon asked Joe Rogan, do you think these upper echelon people have met the visitors and there's some other thing going on, because there's something it feels like something's going to happen soon. Broguess said, the idea that the aliens come down here and they're like, who's the leader of the people. I highly doubt they give an f if they talk to Trump. He's out there building a ballroom and they're like, leave that guy.
Speaker 5: Alone.
Speaker 2: I'm not interested in him. Rogan predicted the aliens would visit military establishments, like if they find a nuclear weapons base, maybe I'd go to that because they probably know the signal of nuclear armament. They probably know the signal of these weapons. They'd probably visit those places. But would they interact with the people on the ground. Perhaps maybe they would if they could be assured of their safety. Maybe it's possible. But I don't think we're alone. I think the idea that we're alone is silly. Send your letters to Joe Rogan and Theo Vaughn, or perhaps to John Stewart, who had some thoughts about the President of the United States on The Weekly Show. John Stewart said, the thing I get most frustrated with that I think is happening with Trump right now is is we all point to, well he got convinced or his mental acuity. This is who he's been from the get go. Like when people say, well, I'm upset with him now and I regret my vote because he lied them in and he came down the escalator through the It's the largest inauguration that's ever been seen in history. There is nothing fundamentally different about his decision making process about the manner in which his add pushes him from lurching from one endeavor to another. Stewart referred to Trump as a movie star president, saying he doesn't have the stamina to sit through the whole movie. He's just the trailers. And right now the Iran War. The trailer's done. Now what do I do? It so frustrates me that all these people on the right are like, well, this boy really pushed me over the edge. I'm like, this is the same effing thing we've been dealing with for twelve years again. Send your letters to John Stewart. Eugene Merman was on social media. He posted a photo of himself with a bandaged right hand holding a sign that said life is an adventure. On social media, Eugene Merman said, I am extraordinarily thankful to the heroic people that pulled me from the car, and to the warm, kind and talented staff at the hospital that cared for me and got me on the mend. I am thankful beyond words to be here and doing relatively a right all things considered. In case you missed the story, Eugene Mermann pulled from a fiery car crash Last week, Devin Walker had some comments about Saturday Night Live. There was a promotional piece in Vanity Fair. Vanity Fair's instagram showed a post featuring mikey Day, Chloe Fyneman, James Austin Johnson, Ashley Padia, Jane Wickline, and Sarah Sherman. Devin Walker commented, loll I forgot everyone on the show is right now the nineties is beck. An SNL fan account shared a screenshot of Walker's comment, noting SNL used to have Devin Walker. Walker responded to that, saying no respect to the homies. I got a lot of love for them, but there's an institutional trend to play that is very underdiscussed. In my opinion. Late Nighter points out. Season fifty one's cast includes Keenan Thompson, Michael Chay, and Camp Patterson, as well as Marcelo Hernandez, none of which were involved in the Vanity Fair shoot. They also have counted some screen time. Hernandez and Thompson are seventh and eighth out of the seventeen players on SNL in terms of screen time. Michael Chay rarely appears outside weekend Update. He's number eleven. Camp Patterson is in last place in screen time. I will jump in there, not to undercut Devin Walker's overarching point. But Cam Patterson, I've been saying since week one, I don't see him having a place on the show. In no way think he will be back. I never thought he fit the cast well. Marcelo Hernandez, I've said several times does one thing and does one thing well, so you know you can only do Dimingo once an episode, guys. But as to Devin Walker's larger point, I don't want to be dismissive of that at all. If it really simplify the argument, you think Keenan Thompson could be in the photo shoot? Not unfair. Sticking with U SNL, Colin Jost has a new gig. Peacock is developing a drama series about dentist turned drug lord Larry Lavin. Now, if you were like, who could I cast as a dentist? You might think Colin Jost, Well, how about a dentist turned drug lord? Sure, Colin Jost. The currently untitled series is based on season one of the true crime podcast Wolves among Us. We are told by day Larry was a respect did Ivy League dentist and family Man by Night, the East Coast most elusive Cocaine Kingpin, who of course would be played by Colin Jost. The Melbourne International Comedy Festival continues taking a look at some of the shows on Wednesday. Daniel Kitson's show is called Work in Progress. I love it the description Daniel Kitson is working on a new show. He's hoping, as per usual, to make something funny, maybe a bit sad, intimately thought provoking, slightly audacious, and at fall possible, largely unfathomable. He started properly thinking about it in the middle of January and it needs to be properly finished by August, so that should give you a sense of how far through the process these particular shows are likely to be in terms of the lump of stone to finish sculpture ratio on the upside that been priced accordingly and will last no more than ninety minutes. Love it and the festival ads. Please note all copy provided by Daniel Kitson. Let's say how much tickets are twenty five dollars Australian and the show's at six pm. Check our conversion rates twenty five Australian dollars is seventeen dollars in twenty three cents USD depending on when you made your currency exchange. That's not bad, right for an in progress show. Seventeen bucks from a good comedian. Yeah, that works. The Guardian caught up with ruben K. He's touring his Hard to Swallow tour, in which he explores the creep of fascism, Nazism and techno feudalism. Wonder who you mean there? He recalled a mourning back in twenty twenty three when police dogs swept through sniffing for explosives. Well, what had happened was people are upset at ruben K had received some death threats for a religious double on tendra he had made. He said he and his management team had to meet with counter terrorism police. He explains, there were fifty sixty men, far right Christian thugs marching up and down in Moore Road and outside my agent's office, all with their faces covered, chanting the Lord's Prayer. He then said, sometimes I think neo Nazis cover their faces so no one can recognize them. Off grinder. So what he started doing was greeting the audience in the lobby with hugs to let everyone know is a safe space. Security in the police were not happy about it. He explains. My in was I'm going to show this audience how much I truss them, and I'm not afraid. So even if someone's going to pull a stunt or hurt me, the first thing they see is me saying, Hi, I'm here, I'm hugging you. I'm a human being, You're a human being. He explains. One of the most disconcerting things that's happened to him recently was he was on a cruise shape performing and an audience member got upset. Cayse says, I mentioned Charlie Kirk in a song. This guy stood up in the middle of the number and started screaming and shouting, and I replied, I don't know you want me to do. I'm working. I'm just doing my job. Ruben kay is hard to swallow at the Atheneum Theater through the nineteenth and Lucy Arnez is working with the National Comedy Center. Part of her work there is preserving the work of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez, her parents. Of course, she says, I'm thrilled we've been able to make some people happier with some of the things we've been doing with the legacy they left behind.
Speaker 5: She said.
Speaker 2: After her parents passed away, she had to start going through their stuff and explains, no one wants to be saddled with all the things you're saddled with when your folks die, But when it's Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez, I was in the process of saying, what on earth do we do all this for one reason or another valuable material. Lucy Arnez is thrilled about the success of the Comedy Center. Lucy said, build it and they will come. My mother was right. I just took a while to figure out how to do it. She's there every day taking credit for all of it. She loves this. I guarantee you there's a spirit of my mother. You will feel her.
Speaker 6: She is there.
Speaker 2: The National Comedy Center is in Jamestown, New York. And that is your comedy news for today. And I'll catch you tomorrow.