Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Jenesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest and we have a bonus guest here as well. I have Amos from Uplift Local Media and Amos brought his daughter Mira as well. She's adorable. I don't know if she's going to bring a whole lot to the table here for the conversation. How old is Mira?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one and a half one and a half of a couple days ago.
Speaker 1: I don't know that she's going to bring a lot to the conversation today. We'll see she's here and I'll tell you she is such a cutie. So thank you for bringing her along. Amos has got a new thing he's doing called Uplift Local Media. Let's talk a little bit about this and when did you start this process and what is that exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thanks for having me, John. Yeah, so started officially in November to actually build out the indoor digital billboard network is really one of the main assets we're bringing to this Two Falls community. This is something that people are doing in different ways. A lot of people think of the thing in the urinolas of the bathrooms for the guys, where advertisers can pay to be in front of local people, local eyes.
Speaker 1: And it's a little different than that.
Speaker 2: This is a little bit different. So Great Life does a similar concept in all of their gyms, where advertisers can pay to be in front of again locals and local communities on a TV specifically, So imagine like a forty to sixty in screen TV in places with high traffic or high dwell times like restaurants, bars, salons. But what's cool about this digital billboard network, which is one part of what we do here with Uplift Local Media, is that what we can do is kind of target hyper local neighborhoods or communities in a way that book your Billboard or lamar outside can't do as well. So right away we're starting downtown with like ten screens Downtown, ten screens, East two Falls, ten South Sioux Falls, and will build the largest network that Swoo Falls has within the next couple of years, but you can really just get in from one of the people that you want to serve. You know, the people the neighbor next door, they're going to see you when they're going about spending most of their income in that three mile radius. You can really target them there.
Speaker 1: So as people are listening and they're going, Okay, where am I going to see these screens? So what types of businesses will you typically be in when you see a screen from uplift local Media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so about fifty percent of them will be restaurants or cafes. For example, we have Swamp Daddies, downtown, Severn's Brewing, rough Cut Social. We've got twenty four to seven Fitness, so you're thinking gyms, restaurants, salons, mall, strip malls, convenience stores, grocery stores, hardware stores, auto parts stores, stuff like that. The other half of the business is that we are marketing agency as well, so we can have a full scale support system for these businesses that we do service. And then we pick the name uplift as well, because like that Great Life, it's just advertisements the whole time, but what we want to do is also provide positive content. So even in January we're promoting nonprofits for the month of January, I said eight, but I'll probably do more than that, just because we want to get good contents up on there. But then local weather, local events, local sometimes some positive news if we can throw that up there, positive quotes and messages to really get people out of the constant go go go and to sit and think and be kind of better off for looking at a screen versus maybe not better off for looking at a screen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no, I love that, And the uplifting part is the part that really kind of caught my attention because you know, there's a lot of noise out there when it comes to advertising. There's a bunch of place, isn't you know, including right here they're listening, you know, whether they're hearing this on the radio or as a podcast. I mean, that's more noise when it comes to advertising places. So I love the fact that this is not going to just be a bunch of commercials. It's going to be that, of course, because that's how you can afford to do this, but the uplifting messages that'll be, you know, kind of sandwiched in there as well. I think that's really really neat if somebody listening is saying, I like this idea and I would like to maybe be a part of this. How does that work? Do they call you, do you call them, or a little combination of both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's two parts of it. So we're at uplift Localmedia dot com. That's an easy way to see kind of the different things we do. The first part is being a host partner. So right now we've got the fun part of the business as we're building out the network, where by working with host partners again like Severance Brewing or rough Cut Social, they get everything for free. So they get to either on one of their TVs or we'll install a TV at our cost in their location to promote them in their location, but also out to the five closest TVs to their organization or their business. So we've got this cross promotion happening in these neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: People helping people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get thousands of dollars worth of marketing for free because they're allowing the business camaraderie to so for the local realtor who loves working downtown to be seen in their establishment. They've done the work of creating the foot draft and then they're allowing that business camaraderie, so that allows us to do the second part of the business, which is the advertiser part. Again, they just reach out on our website uplift localmedia dot Com and we'll figure out. Usually we sell it in groups of ten TVs. Currently we're still building out the network. We're going to have eights here within the next week or two.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to start somewhere and go somewhere. That's one of the things. When I saw that this was launching and you were doing this, I'm like, you know what, I want to chat with him because I think it's cool. I want to encourage this and just do what we can to support what you're doing. So if somebody listening is going ahead, I'd like to do the same thing. How do they reach you? What's the best way for them to connect with famous Amus over here?
Speaker 2: Yes, I will say yeah, the website is the best place. Uplift localmedia dot com. Every page is going to have a contact us button. It's also in the menu bar, and then they can just schedule a short thirty minute meeting with me, whether that's in person or virtual. I love in person stuff. The reason local is in the name too is because like Station TV or even the journals, it's like they'll sell national advertising to Red Bull and Doritos and Taco John's and well, let's all find dandy. We really want to meet people locally. We want to promote local businesses or locally owned at least to keep the money rotating seven times within Sioux Falls before being sent out or without being sent out to these large organizations that have big budgets. So YEA love to meet you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for stopping in, and I love what you're doing. Again. If you have questions, if you'd like to learn more, uplift localmedia dot com. Am I saying right, that's right. I didn't write that down. I had to remember that so and you can remember to uplift localmedia dot Com again. Amos has been our guest, and thank you for listening to Something you should know, Something you should Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesis goold ira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com