Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up.
Speaker 2: We all fired up tonight, Yes we are sure.
Speaker 1: All right. There's some unusual, unexpected, but well, very welcomed. New guests to the show tonight, Scott, you note normally come on, but every once in a while you host most of our other shows on our network. Welcome to Fire Up. Glad to be on, Candy, and then we have Pensman Sports.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, thank you, and then of course our regulars, Ralph, Hello, how are you.
Speaker 4: I'm doing well?
Speaker 5: Candy, thank you to clean my glasses here so I could see a little bit better my eye promise come back a little bit here, so.
Speaker 6: Get some winch little wife or fluid brother. You're all right, you'll take care of it.
Speaker 1: Sorry to hear that, Ralph. And then my comost smoking Jeremy B. How are you, Jeremy.
Speaker 7: Good evening, glad to be here. Nice to see everybody. Let's talk a little sports.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little sports. So look at this, we already have the chat room going. Panthers are fired up. The Panthers are up five to one. If you didn't catch it earlier, that tonight we had the Fire Up Florida show and Scott, you were talking with Meri Day and Rod and where was Rod.
Speaker 6: At Rod was live and Sunrise Florida giving us up dates on that and doing our show on site. Good stuff by Rod Peters and Mark mere Day came on and Mark and Ronni beyond twice a month on Fire Up Florida and when I do it the other two weeks, I don't know tvd it.
Speaker 2: I think it was a good show.
Speaker 6: We had a lot of chemistry there and you know, I mean in fact, man that Rod was at the arena added a nice It was a good look in the fact they was at the game refording live from the arena.
Speaker 2: Great stuff. Thanks for bringing up candy of course.
Speaker 1: Of course, earlier this week we had our first seat college football Playoff bracket projection. It included in the title of our show tonight in cam wore the Hurricanes trust. The Hurricanes were ranked fourth and just no, I take that back. They were ranked third in the seated third in the bracket. We were covering the Hurricanes after the Duke game this last week, and Scott, you want to talk a little bit because you're the one that asked the question before the video we're going to play here, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A video we'll play.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about the successful two point conversion that cam Ward was able to pull off the hurt. If you succeed with that two point conversion, you get the eight points, then what ends up happening there is the Kneser to a field goal to tie the game when Duke was up by eleven, and everything played out very nicely. And you know cam had an unbelievable answer to my question as you're going to hear in just a moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's play the clip.
Speaker 2: How was that two point conversion for you?
Speaker 6: Knowing it a point where you brought it to eight points, you scored the eight ind had only three to go to get the field goal as perhaps even at turning point the game to get the momentum shifted your way.
Speaker 2: Because only needs one more stop. We did score the Benita games.
Speaker 8: So that Big Tom does a good play called coach Thasson and Miry Ball putting that in last minute on probably Thursday to put it in so you know we asked you to and play. It just shows the mindset of our offense. We can take things last minute and you know, implicate them to the game. Hey, everybody did their job. Holine got a hat on the hat. They did their job for taking me all day well more if you ask for playing around a whole lot like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, I'll I'll say about cam Ward, he'll be one of the top quarterbacks taking in the twenty twenty five NFL draft. Seeing him this year, this guy is absolutely a special talent. He really really is. Mario Crystabal recruited him, I believe, from Washington State, and boy, you talk about an unbelievable job. Mario Crystabal to bring this guy if you haven't seen him, whatever town lands up with him. If you've got the right coaching situation, you're gonna get yourself an actually quarterback. He's a dual threat. Let alone the fact that he can score. Let me give you some stance about cam Or this season, He's got three thirty three hundred and thirty three yards I like that number, and thirty three touchdowns. So there you have a thirty three touchdowns versus three three hundred and thirty three totally yards. What else can I say? The guy is awfully good.
Speaker 1: Scott they call Miami Hurricanes quarterback college, don't they for football? And how many touchdowns does he have this year?
Speaker 2: Thirty three?
Speaker 1: And didn't he now overtake all previous quarterbacks for a single season record.
Speaker 6: I haven't looked that deep into it. I'm only going by the stats that he's got in his only year here. But I'm going to tell you right now he did make a valid point.
Speaker 2: O Canny.
Speaker 6: I covered the Miami Hurricanes back in the early eighties, is what I did. And I had the opportunity to see Jim Kelly and Bernie Cozar play. And you know, Jim Kelly put the program on the map and an opportunity to be recruited by Penn State, but they want him as a linebacker. Howard Schellenberger says, you can play quarterback down here if you want to. Jim bolt in the southward of the rest is history. Brettan Cosar led him to the national championship. And as he talked about some of the other actually quarterbacks that came out with Gino Torretto, Vinnie Testa, Vernie and the list goes on and on. There you go, this university is able to produce a lot of quarterbacks, and they got a Dandy coming out next year.
Speaker 1: I believe he tied the record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't go that deep into it.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to get to the numbers as they stand right now. And the fact that you got all threes to it makes me even happier because our first show today went thirty three minutes. And for those people that wonder why I'm big on threes, thirty three is my lucky number? And why is thirty three my lucky number? My first super Bowl? Like cover a super Bowl thirty three?
Speaker 3: He's got a question for you. Yeah, go ahead, you're all hyped over this camp guy. What if he turns out and Jeremy can agree with me on this, what if he turns out to be like he picket in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an excellent question. It really is. Fact of matter is I think he has a lot more all around skills in Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 6: He can run, he can use his legs a lot, he can stay in the pocket, and he's so far ahead of what he's doing right now.
Speaker 2: It's the valid question.
Speaker 6: I know that Kenny Pickett is big up in Pittsburgh and they shuffled him out to Philadelphia, But I love the way Cam worked to just simply take over a game with his legs. And they've had let's tell you what, Miami's a SEC schedule hasn't been easy. They've been challenged quite a few times, but he's been able to have a lot of those comeback.
Speaker 2: From behind wins. Is what he's done.
Speaker 6: And meanwhile, the Hurricanes are currently undefeated as they head up to Atlanta to take on Georgia Tech this weekend.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he does good to combine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you will.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't think there's a doubt some area, some city is going to be glad that this guy's on their roster. All I can say is, don't screw them up. Make sure you have a good coaching system. Jeremy, you know about coaching systems, how they can wreck quarterbacks all day long. How many times we talked about it on all of our shows, right, countless of times.
Speaker 7: And that is the problem with most top five quarterbacks. They're going to a team that has a bad culture or doesn't have a good coach right off the rip. So while we can want him to be hyped up and be one of those top five quarterbacks, you almost want him to go in the team, the mediocre teams where they usually have a decent staff and they're missing ape or two.
Speaker 9: And I'm gonna say this for a reason.
Speaker 7: If you look at his record when he was with Wazoo up there at Washington State University, he was putting up good numbers. They just had a crappy defense and crappy coaching, right, So the games they won were mostly due to him taking over the game. All right, So I'm backing you up that he deserves to be a first round quarterback. I'm just hoping he doesn't go in the top right, because that ruin his NFL career.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jeremy, you're so far on target. It's ridiculous. It really is the fact that he has a great defense down here and a great supporting cast let alone with dynamite coach and Mario Christal. Bear in mind Mario crist before he came to Miami coach at Oregon and he actually was able to win it Florida International University. I don't know if he has a winning record, but he did take him to a bull game. Taking a FIU to a bull game is big stuff. It really really is.
Speaker 2: FIU.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about people, Oh, yeah, bull game. But yeah, there's no question. I know you're backing me up. But the reality of the situation is a complete player. He can use his legs, pensman, let alone the fact that he has a great arm and he has he goes through all his progressions. The guy's an actually quarterback. Just hope he doesn't land in the wrong situation, which we've seen all too many times. You see, I'll see him again in a couple of weeks or so. And obviously the college football playoff Miami wins out there, certainly going to be able to go deeper. We'll they take them one game at the time, Georgia text on the docket and we get wake for and believe on the twenty third.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he doesn't go to Cleveland with Kevin Stansky now he has quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Oh don't say that.
Speaker 6: I'd rather eat a four minute crow cheese sandwich and see him go over to Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Seriously, really, prisby and send them there.
Speaker 3: No, I know.
Speaker 1: So cam Ward has officially tied for the single season passing touchdowns of Hurricane history. He is tied with Steve Walsh twenty nine. They're ahead of Ken Dorsey, Vinnie Tester Verdi, Bernie Cozar, just a name, a couple, Ken Dorsey, I mean a couple of just the names some of the big names that have been preceded him in Hurricanes history. Just to give you guys an idea, so.
Speaker 3: Pretty good company, a lot of legends of legends.
Speaker 1: He is and he is in the Heisman candidate pool. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 6: So it would be a crime if he doesn't win that stupid Hydend trophy. I think it's the most overrated trophy on the planet. Anyways, I don't care. Don't win it, so what don't worry about. You have a better pro career. I've never seen the trophy in my life more hype than that stupid thing.
Speaker 3: I think Spencer get it.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: I think Spencer Howard's going to get it.
Speaker 2: Good, he can have it. I'm gonna.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just go well, okay, just all I want can to do is just carry the Lombardi Trophy, keep the hydmen who cares eim Er, Travis Hunter. Okay, good now you're now you're speaking my language early.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, Scott.
Speaker 5: There hasn't been too many Heisman Trophy winners as have actually made it in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I don't like the numbers.
Speaker 6: The one Heisman Trophy winner that did win a Super Bowl, it's going back a long ways of Jim Plunkett.
Speaker 2: But he didn't do it with the Patriots. He did it with the Oakland Raiders at the time.
Speaker 3: The last one was Cam Newton, I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he didn't win the Super Bowl though he got to the Super Bowl, did win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've got to talk about getting to the Super Bowl. A lot of them have made it there, but none of them have won it other than Jim Blunkett.
Speaker 6: Thanks, Jeremy, appreciate it, buddy. No, it's the truth.
Speaker 2: He's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, yeah, I know, I got you.
Speaker 1: So how are we feeling about the bracket for the college football Playoffs? Any surprises or disappointments in the so I can tell you if you don't know right now. The number one seed is Oregon, two is Georgia, three is Miami, four is BYU, fifth is Ohio State. They would take on number twelve Boise State. Eight, Tennessee would take on nine Indiana. Six, Texas would take on eleven Alabama. Seven, Penn State would take on ten Notre Dame any surprises in there where people were teams were seated or disappointments. I mean, let's face it, Indiana is at nine, but yet they're undefeated this year.
Speaker 3: That's the only surprise I have.
Speaker 9: That's the surprise I have.
Speaker 7: All those teams that lost should not be ahead of Indiana in that bracket. That's just the way I feel, because if you're undefeated and you're in a Power five conference, guess what you belong in those top five stops.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not going to put any stock in it. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to put any stock at number one by us in it. I believe it's their first year in the Big twelve. And guess what, Oklahoma isn't in there because they're getting their butt kicked in the Southeastern Conference and they could have been in the College Football Playoff had they have stayed in the Big twelve. So get used to Oklahoma for being a whipping boy in the Southeastern Conference. And I've always thought the PYU has an excellent program. That's as far as I'm going to go. I want to see it when it's I don't care about the first bracket. I only to turn about the last one. Indiana will say, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I like Indiana, That's why I like.
Speaker 6: Basketball school or not, I don't know, but I will tell you that they have a great coach. So that came from James Manison and he's on the next job.
Speaker 7: There after seeing what happened at Oregon and also what happened versus Penn State.
Speaker 9: Lois State is an awful matchup for os U.
Speaker 7: They struggled with backling in the run game, and I think Ashton gend would run all over that defense and make him cry.
Speaker 1: I will say, I am. I will say I'm a little biased. I'm disappointed that Indiana isn't further and Scott not for the reason that you think, but because one of the girls that I went to high school with, her son actually plays on the team.
Speaker 4: So that's cool.
Speaker 2: But it's only the first week.
Speaker 1: Can I understand? I understand.
Speaker 7: And that's the other thing. We got still some time left, we got it. There's still time left. All this can change their tenth week. They're going into the eleventh right right, and everybody's had the week off already, so you're talking about nine games played for most teams, so all that can change real quick in the next three games. What's the conference championship?
Speaker 3: If you think about it, I think that Indiana should go down to seventh. Penn State should go to ninth because they lost to Ohio State on Saturday. Antiana is undefeated, so and the SEC is getting too much credit.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: There's a couple of other teams that could Georgia.
Speaker 5: George has been in some dog fights this year. Yeah, they've been as dominating as they normally are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They had a trouble with Alburn and uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, man, I can't win in Tennessee.
Speaker 5: The number there, Scott, let's ask Sarcassians got Alabama's number now down here in Tennessee.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not only that, but Bandy beat him.
Speaker 2: Hell I was about to save Yeah, I said, yeah.
Speaker 9: Nashville schools they're tough evidently.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well you got the Bills beating the Bama Nashville and Knoxville.
Speaker 2: If you get the pun yep mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, who wants to talk a little NFL always anybody want to talk about some of those trades?
Speaker 7: Anybody, Well, I'm having Well, let's talk about the first trade in the NFL. And I'm gonna say it right now, it was Jonathan Mingo to the Dallas Cowboys. We're talking about a guy who's had fifty five receptions, five and thirty nine yards, zero touchdown and a forty nine point five percent. Right, you want to know what that equals out of the seventy two wide receivers that have fought fifty plus touchdowns. The worst wide receiver out of all seventy two.
Speaker 6: So, Jeremy, let me ask you a question. Who made the trade? An eighty two year old general manager.
Speaker 9: Who got flee for a fourth round pick.
Speaker 2: Seriously, really, yeah, has got.
Speaker 7: A seventh rounder and the worst wide receiver in the NFL. Maybe they plan on converting him to running back because he can't be worse than Ezekiel Elliott and Dalvin Cook this year.
Speaker 6: Please, an eighty two year old general manager making a trade deadline move and he gave up draft capital for da and let alone the fact that Dak isn't going to be playing because Dallas is rushing to get Cooper in there to play this week and a man by the name of Lance is going to be his backup.
Speaker 7: Yep, Dat Prescott has a martially corned hamstring right from the bone.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Supposedly.
Speaker 9: No, it confirmed.
Speaker 3: He faked it.
Speaker 7: No, it was confirmed last night on NFL dot Com. Okay, and uh, he's going back tomorrow to see if he needs surgery to repair it.
Speaker 9: If you need surgery, he's done for the year.
Speaker 6: You know, the craziest scenario can actually happen here. Cooper Rush does win football games and then that money that Dallas dak oh my goodness or a yeah, let's let's go back to the beloved late dick Enburg. His favorite same as words were, oh.
Speaker 3: My, he almost beat Philly last year.
Speaker 2: Well, most true, he's quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But here's the thing I want everybody to know on this panel. If Cooper Rush does quite well with the Cowboys, he will be a heavily sought hat for quarterback on free agents. If he is available in free agency, he will. This is Cooper Rush's opportunity to get that better paycheck and leave Dallas just to watch.
Speaker 3: Starting no.
Speaker 4: Starting Trey Lances backup.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure if I wasn't sure if trade was starting or not.
Speaker 7: The other trade I want to talk about because there was two for the Steelers, and one was a very good trade. I think it was actually even value and that was the Mike Williams trade.
Speaker 9: Well, the other one was even value. In another way.
Speaker 7: You stole Preston Smith for a seventh rounder, but they had to trade him away as a salary jump because of his salary going up so much next year because of them signing Jordan Love, who's on a three to two touchdown to interception ratio this year and quite possibly might have to miss a couple of games.
Speaker 1: Yes, he has played injured all year. He is since since Week one when he got injured over in Brazil. He has not been healthy. That is true. So but in the same breath the games that he hasn't played, Milik Willis has stepped right in and we've won every game Malik Willis played in. So I honestly I understand. This past weekend we played Detroit. It was a rival game, it was a conference game, but under the weather conditions, I was really surprised that they had Love in there in the first place. But I'm not the proach.
Speaker 7: Oh that's Jordan Loves Lions player on the field.
Speaker 1: You're killing me, Jay, You're killing me.
Speaker 5: The two traits that the Steelers made, I thought, you know, they got a second receiver to compliment Pickings. And then we've got this Preston Smith, who is a really good supposedly a good compliment to you know, t J. Watt and Alex high Smith and all that. And we need some depth there. We have we have some guys out on injury and some guys stinking up the joint and you know that that, you know, we need some help at the defensive line position. He can play like a defensive end position in a linebacker outside linebackers.
Speaker 6: Well, Ralph, you could thank Aaron Rodgers, a general manager, for getting you that receiver, yes, because he ran a route that Rogers didn't like, right, Jeremy, and then put him out of the unreal.
Speaker 4: Oh Yeah.
Speaker 7: What I have to say about Mike Williams is he's clearly the one thing that they don't have in the wide receiver room.
Speaker 9: He's another Pat Bryer move.
Speaker 7: He's a big bodied receiver that does good contested catches in a red zone dress we haven't the Steelers don't have that other than Friar Moot right now.
Speaker 3: Really we need another Keith Miller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you.
Speaker 7: Got Friar Moth, who's it? Damn good fight and as far as I'm concerned. And now you get Mike Williams, who's an older, wiser wide receiver. I don't have a good, good contested catch rate. And he will be that guy in the red zone for you, is what I think.
Speaker 3: But he did he use Washington more often. I don't understand why we don't. Every time he does, he gets like five ten yards. That's all we need, Candy.
Speaker 9: What do you think the Rogers from JAHI.
Speaker 6: All right, missus country club, give us. Tell us what you're really thinking. I don't think you be at relaxed.
Speaker 1: Rogers. Rogers, Rogers, Uh.
Speaker 3: This kelt double check.
Speaker 9: I have my own nickname for that one.
Speaker 6: I like that you might make it in his business after all business and stuff.
Speaker 3: You know it? You know it. Oh, I forgot one thing, Scott, just don't check that.
Speaker 6: Cannes a future for you on fire up. Let me tell you this is the Candies country Club. Everybody, we'll get along.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: Jeremy, you know what he found the landae fot there on the country club.
Speaker 2: Good stuff. I recruit the.
Speaker 3: Best kidd He has no reaction whatsoever.
Speaker 7: That's tonight, say my thought, Rogers, because I'll tell you exactly what I think. Since he came back from injury, he's inconsistent. One week he looked like the Rogers of Old, the next time he looks like he's Caleb Williams behind the Bear's old line against the good team. Because what have we seen when they faced any team with a plus five hundred record or at five hundred records?
Speaker 9: What have we seen out of Caleb Williams?
Speaker 4: No? Nothing?
Speaker 7: And so what's enough? What are the Jets going to face this week? They got lucky and beat the Texas, But that's because the Texans came to New York.
Speaker 1: Thanks Fernando, and you want to.
Speaker 7: I can give you the numbers on why they were lucky. Right now, with their starting left guard out and they're right starting right back out, Jordan Love is the fourth most sacked quarterback in the NFL right now. He is twenty fourth in QBR versus the blitz. The Texans defense are thirtieth in red zone defense, which means when teams get in the red zone, they're scoring at a sixty nine point six slip.
Speaker 2: You know what, I can't wait till we get Baalrick.
Speaker 6: Actually, any college football press box with these stats that he comes out, he might become a better writer than he already is. My goodness, give him some stuff and this guy will play down. He's progressing well in the system, right ball, right, I'm serious. Well, we're working that during the offseason, Jeremy, we're gonna get you in a press love.
Speaker 2: You're long overdue.
Speaker 9: So Jay, I believe.
Speaker 1: That decision making it is. It has been his fault, although he hasn't been completely healthy, and I don't think he's been protected like some other quarterbacks have been either. So I think he's been under a lot of pressure. And let's face it, that last Oh I'm under pressure, let me like dink it thinking he got it over everybody. He didn't. And it was a pick six for Detroit. If you look at and I'm gonna say this, if you look at the total yards for Detroit versus green Bay, green Bay should have won that game hands down if you were looking at just yards, just yards.
Speaker 7: But that's what a Ben don't break defense does, right, Do you know what this Bion's defense looks like?
Speaker 9: This year?
Speaker 7: Not the first time the Patriots won the Super Bowl with Brady, the second one where they were twenty eighth in yardage fifteenth in rushing defense, but they were number one in red zone defense that year. They're a ben don't break defense, which is what the fourth five in press man coverage is getting is based upon. It's a ben don't break man coverage. So once, if you're in man coverage and you shrink that field the less than twenty yards plus the end zone which is thirty yards, doesn't that make that secondary's jaba back of a lot easier. That's why the Lions have only given up six passing touchdowns and eight rushing touchdowns this year. Fourteen total touchdowns is what's been scored against them. You know what's funny, they got fourteen touchdowns out of the backfield room.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa wha. Jake, can you pull that one? Can't keep pull that one coming up?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Well some times, yeah, that one. He is ten times better than Jordan Love.
Speaker 4: Come on, John Alway, absolutely, come.
Speaker 2: On, Jay, I wanna go there.
Speaker 7: Well, there's there's a difference here. We're talking about a guy that's in what is twelve thirteenth season now, and in Russell Wilson, and you're talking about a guy that's in his fifth year and his second year starting in the NFL. So you know what he is compared to Russell Wilson, a baby and he's playing like a baby.
Speaker 6: That's a good point, Yeah, it really is. But let me expound upon your point though, Jeremy, you know two years. I think that's exactly what and I repeat, what should happen. A lot of these guys should be carrying the clipperd for one or two years. But the fact that matters, you're not developing guys. Everybody wants a quick fix, and unfortunately, the way these kids are coming up, they're just not gonna get it no matter how many times do you think you're gonna try. Very few times as a quarterback come out of the gate like Gangbuster. You have Jane Daniels as a rarity coming out this year, certainly for so much better start than Caleb Williams. But the reality is there aren't many quarterbacks that come out there and get it right away. But I'm going to say I've covered this leap for over four decades. It's about the system that you get and the biggest part about the whole thing is not only is the system, you also want to have stability in the coaching area as well, and that's where a lot of these guys.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Chase fired me up over here.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I know, that's what he does. He likes being controversial. He's a good guy though, I know.
Speaker 3: I understand that. But twelfth year is not old town. Brady was was solid in his twentieth.
Speaker 7: Since the year two thousand and the age, the average age of retired quarterback has increased from thirty two to thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Good number, chereman, I like that.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, yeah, Tom Brady's not normal because he played the forty five.
Speaker 9: You know, that's the anomaly to all of us.
Speaker 3: But guess what trade right, redditions right? That's why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Drew Brees played to leave was forty Philip Rivers played to leave was thirty nine. Eli Manning played thirty seven. Far plays to leave was forty five, but he did take a year off in between, and then you had, uh what the bace of just retired to Eli Manning?
Speaker 9: He played to leave was thirty eight. That's the average.
Speaker 3: Farve could take a hit, though with New Orleans Saints did he could take a hit at his old age.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you as far as my all time favorite quarterback. I don't care about the ones that have won a lot of Super Bowls or not.
Speaker 3: I'm playing when your dad died and having the best game in your career. That is that's solid, okay.
Speaker 6: Anybody that can play that many games and take the beating five dead, that's okay. Even though Kenny is a packern On the Lion by trade, even though I haven't ring football a long time.
Speaker 4: Wilson wouldn't make the practice squad. Huh.
Speaker 9: You know what he did in the pre season. You were there, Rolph?
Speaker 2: Yea, let me finished, Ralph. Okay.
Speaker 6: The reality is is right front of is my all time quarterback. The fact that he played as many consecutive games as he did alone a position like that will always win me over. If hands or all right?
Speaker 5: No, well, Russell Wilson, man, Wow, he'd be all right with green Bay. He played He played well for Green Bay. He played well for any team. Russell Wilson, he's a good quarterback.
Speaker 9: You knew you then that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't bred farm Jersey. I just don't have an autograph.
Speaker 3: But you could have just sold him. It would have made a lot of money on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, you'd at least made four hundred dollars for a regular game. If it was a regular game Jersey, if it was a game war in Jersey, you do got upwards of fifteen under.
Speaker 9: The three for it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, easy, easy.
Speaker 9: I know sports memorabilia.
Speaker 7: My co host is a sports memberabilia guy.
Speaker 1: You got.
Speaker 9: On game Jersey.
Speaker 3: Easy?
Speaker 6: That that well, Jay, At least he kept it in the family. Anyways, it's the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 7: You know, that's the worst thing to say say to someone that lives down south.
Speaker 3: You know this guy that makes it. That makes me feel better than give it to a nephew.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's all right, Yep, it is good for him. I'm glad he still has it. I hope it's in a shadow box. I hope it's not being worn. I hope in an investment.
Speaker 3: Jay, I thought you gave it to us a complete stranger, and who knows what you would have done to it. Oh my goodness, I gotta tell.
Speaker 2: You, President, you bring a lot to this show.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I know you're you're gonna be fitted with this group.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ja, Jason, there could be a hard attack. Oh I got rid of a breath far warned emptyp Jersey.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, and I'm in here, I'm seeing dollar things in my head.
Speaker 7: I was like, wow, that's two years of community college easy.
Speaker 2: But I don't see anybody giving you our art. Attack.
Speaker 6: Brother, you're doing okay, you're holding your own role well on your first back there.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm reading Jay's comment. I'm like, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 2: Worry. You should see him on the other shows.
Speaker 4: Oh, it comes on my shows shows as well.
Speaker 6: Good Jay's good people, good people. Oh my Kevin, this guy around he keeps it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, name here, Paddy, Like you didn't give it the good will?
Speaker 3: There you go, and that would have given it for fifty cents.
Speaker 2: That's a tough camp waiting to be sold.
Speaker 7: The worst thing that I had bobble head dolls there Biblehead said goodwill and cashed him in and made a fortune.
Speaker 4: Some people cash you know, give him the good will.
Speaker 1: Jay, you're killing killing me.
Speaker 7: You're killing killing us all as a sports memorabilia guy.
Speaker 3: That's what's killing me. I should have.
Speaker 7: We're talking about the same guy that was begging me to sell him my berry over here by Barry Sanders sign MILLI mini helmet that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he does still want it. And I said, I'm not selling it.
Speaker 1: Is that there?
Speaker 7: I said, I know what it costs retail, and I want more than retail because I don't want to sell it.
Speaker 6: But Jeremy, let me ask you a question. What did you do with that NFL draft thing that I gave you to take with you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Here it comes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, the guy covered the draft and a really good job cup in his pat well. He made it even interesting on day three when everybody was bolting.
Speaker 1: Jay, I would have kept it if it was Barry Sanders and I'm not a Lions fan, but I know good Jerseys.
Speaker 2: What here?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: I told you exactly what I was gonna do, Scott.
Speaker 7: I was going to frame it along with that table blacker from where I sat.
Speaker 9: And what did I do? I framed it.
Speaker 2: That's good, Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Every time I go good Will, I find seventies or eighties stuff there good Will.
Speaker 9: I will say.
Speaker 7: The best good Will I find I had was I got me a jack box Jersey on accident because I found a Joey Harrington won for fifty cents.
Speaker 9: Interesting asking tape in a marker.
Speaker 6: These guys are giving the ideas. Kenny to go ahead and start a memorabilia show one time.
Speaker 2: But I won't be I know, I know.
Speaker 1: So any other trades we want to talk about, we want to talk about. How about the Commanders.
Speaker 7: Oh, the Commanders made a great even That was an even trade back and forth. That defense had been decent, but their number one question was in the secondary because they have been torched a few in their two losses. So getting a guy like Marshawn Latimore, even though he's long in the two, he fits exactly what Dan Quinn does because he's a blitzing defense that runs zone behind it at the zone blitz defense.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, good luck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know the Lions. Lion's trade for a pass rusher was the worst kept secret on the planet. I knew they'd get the guy. It was just a matter of Brad and Holes working out the draft compensation.
Speaker 7: Jeremy, I'll tell you what that trade for Zadarius Smith. The reason why it didn't happen before the Aiden Hutchison's injury when it first started was they wanted a fourth rounder and Brad Holmes wasn't gonna pay it.
Speaker 9: As much as we want to.
Speaker 7: Knock him for it, Dollar General Brad does a great job getting value. So what he did was he waited till we won a few games after that without Hutchinson, which lowered the needs to the their team.
Speaker 2: It's called genius and Einstein rolled in the one called Jinstein.
Speaker 3: Now you have, we got, we got, we gotta face Latimore Sanders. Still, that's just gonna be a nightmare.
Speaker 7: And for the Nickel, Yeah, you move Forbes to the Nickel. He's a different cat because that's actually where he started out, adding college and flourished there.
Speaker 3: If we continue, if we do what we plan on doing, we'll be fine. But Vlatimore and Sanders still come on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sandristill is actually surprising me. I didn't think he.
Speaker 9: Was the guy.
Speaker 3: I knew he was. I know he was a be because I'm a Michigan boy.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm a Michigan boy, Don't get me wrong. I thought in the NFL he'd be more suited.
Speaker 3: For a If it's in your blood, it's in your blood, man.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, I'm gonna reel us back in because I'm gonna take a quick station. Donification ye self. Florida Tribune Publishing Company published a book last November, Lessons from the microphone tuning into the enduring wisdom of visionary leaders. It is written by Scott the MotorCity mad Mouth Morgan Roth. It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. It talks about the media industry and how it has changed over Scott's forty plus years in the industry, old school versus new school media. Scott, how long did it take you to write the book?
Speaker 2: Actionally? It took me five months.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll be working on I'll be working on the next one, probably, I want to say, beginning of January.
Speaker 2: That won't be as long as the first one. If I can rest.
Speaker 6: Assured that I'll leave out, I'll incorporate what I wouldn't able to get, and I read to write two books with updates read the Long Foot pile it all in the first one that'll be to be determined, it'll be probably in the same places, and then some I'm going to start the outline process, I want to say in January, and if everything goes like I hope, I can go on my goals to release it in the spring. But thanks, you want to see the story about Dan Marino. You know it's an idea I'll think about it. Thanks for bringing it up, but don't expect anything about Howard co Sell, which or I know you're gonna bring up and Herman Edwards because I know you're waiting for that one, Jay, and save you from Pepper because I know what this guy's all about.
Speaker 2: And now he's laughing out loud.
Speaker 6: Because those are the next question under the GMT.
Speaker 3: Before we go to the next topic. Can I tell Jay one thing? Sure, Jay, I have confidence in my Steelers. Don't get me wrong. It's just the defense of the commander's got stronger. And that's the only thing. As a YouTuber you got to look at both sides of the ball.
Speaker 7: I do have an update everybody for the Lions except for JR. M. Malcolm Rodrigo, and because it was a bye week, they're given the Darius Smith another red day. The only players that did not practice, uh that aren't on the ir if email A Famu and Emmanuel Moseley were at full practice all week.
Speaker 1: Okay the.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight twenty one, twenty eight twenty one.
Speaker 2: Okay, no fair enough, Allan's thrown down.
Speaker 7: And also for the Texans, Nico Collins has not been activated if he's not activated to the twenty one day active window by Friday at four pm, he cannot be activated for Sunday's game, which means basically more than likely he's out because he hasn't even practiced in a limited fast this week.
Speaker 1: So what do we think of the DeAndre Hopkins trade?
Speaker 7: Well, considering what it did for them that it was so one side of a conditional fifth round pick that if they make the Super Bowl and he plays sixty percent of the snap, they did a fourth they stole them from the Titans, the Titans probably have made the worst trade this offseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I couldn't agree with you more, Jeremy.
Speaker 6: That's called grand larceny in Jerremany without going to jail.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they you know, other than the fact he's had garbage qbs every other year he's been in, he's been a top been wide receiver. The only person that did bigger larceny was what Bruce Arians did to get rid of him when he was a Texan, a sixth round pick and a broken David Johnson for d hop Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 6: I think it was Bill O'Brien, wasn't it. Well, it's a different wait, wait a minute, Paul Rick, I don't know what you're drinking. I'm real, I'm reeling you back in sick the man now, Bill O'Brien, I hate fact errors, and you know that's one of my pet peeves.
Speaker 2: So don't go there.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, Senior, junior or whatever he thought, Bill Bryan, don't slander Brutherians.
Speaker 3: Really really is there it is?
Speaker 6: Don't sliderans. He got a Super Bowl so end, but he didn't win it on his own. But he's the one that made those moves. No fatal errors. I put it on the back of my book. Benvin, you gotta get one one of these days, buddy, so you can see what we got.
Speaker 9: Every now and then I make a mistake.
Speaker 6: All right, it's okay, But I'm just making sure that you don't make no facial errors. And you know you're talking about coaches. You give me all these game day updates that I would get over in the press pot but we're not in the press poct. So I'm just making sure that you you got the coaches right. I guess this isn't the country club for Kenny that I she got me speaking a lot, Oh well.
Speaker 7: Two or four years, probably two to four years for Hopkins. It depends on how well he keeps his body. Larry Fitzgerald play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a shame Milik Willis wasn't good enough to play with Tennessee a boy.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 6: You put him up on a place like Green Bay where that thing called coaching is there, and he isn't so bad after all.
Speaker 2: Is he? No, he's like.
Speaker 3: Him three years.
Speaker 9: I have one question for the panel.
Speaker 7: Who's the only team in the NFL is five and scoring and using right now?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't follow that. Do you tell me?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I figured that it had to come from me.
Speaker 2: I was just waiting for him. The city obvious.
Speaker 3: I was thinking it was Kansas, but I wasn't sure.
Speaker 9: Kansas is twentieth in scoring this year.
Speaker 2: Kansas city. Of course.
Speaker 6: We don't know, Pensman, if they're going to be playing in Kansas or Missouri, right TBD? Yeah, No, I think they should go to Kansas right there as a speedway.
Speaker 2: I'll point counter point you want on that one all day long.
Speaker 9: Wallrick, No, they're in misery. I meant they should go to Kansas.
Speaker 6: They oh, Okay, yeah, right again, professor and the pupil here on fire up.
Speaker 3: That's good too, Jay.
Speaker 7: He needed a wide receiver receiver that could catch the ball. With DeAndre Hopkins the first week, it looked like a totally different mahomes. If you actually go look at his numbers, they were a lot better. But at the same time, that would de hop only be in there a week. What's gonna happen a month down the road when the other teams start to fall off that are even close to me?
Speaker 2: Oh no, back to Candy.
Speaker 1: I don't know either. Okay, guys, anything else, any of the topics you guys want to bring up before we go into my town.
Speaker 7: That other little trade, you know, because we saw Quintonberry versus the Rams for Minnesota and he looked like an in New York Stern turn style at Rush Albert. So they traded with the Jackson, got Tam Robinson, who hasn't been playing because they had another starter that showed up because he's been on and off the.
Speaker 9: Injury report this year.
Speaker 7: So hopefully Caam Roberts Cam Robinson at least only looks like a swinging door, because otherwise it's going to be a long day for Minnesota.
Speaker 9: The rest of the season at left back.
Speaker 1: Okay, my town, Let's let's start with Ralph.
Speaker 5: Like I said, the Pirates Paul Skenes one Rookie of the Year by publication, which is great. Also, Jared Triola won the Cool Glove for Best utility Player. We have five free agents, and I said this in prior shows that I believe that, you know, Andrew McCutcheon is about to is up for free agency. I don't know if he even wants to come back to the Pirates. I do know there are some frustrated free agents that we do have, including you know Grenzel, our catcher, who's frustrated as well because of what happened to Rowdy t Les.
Speaker 4: And Mike way Taylor. All they needed was two games.
Speaker 5: They could have got a two hundred thousand dollars bonus, and Bob Nutting decided to pull the rug out from under them. And you know, I think that's wrong. Bob Nutting needs to quit pinching pennies and start, you know, understanding, got to start paying some players to get a winning team. I'm waiting for next year for him to say we have a team to win the championship because I'm want to start laughing like.
Speaker 4: I have before.
Speaker 5: And the USL Pittsburgh Riverhounds lost their first round playoff games, so they're done for the season. They lost to the Charleston Battery and it happened again who they beat in their last regular season game two to nothing and then lose one to nothing in the playoffs. Last year they beat Detroit their last game and then Watston Detroit in the playoffs. So but the Riverhouse did the same exact thing this year. Different team, but you know, congrats to them.
Speaker 4: At least they made it into.
Speaker 5: The at least the first round of two, the first round of the playoffs. So other than that, that's it for me and the Penguins.
Speaker 4: They stink.
Speaker 6: I mean, how do you really appel? And by the way, that was a bad look. By the way, letting him collect that money after two games. Boy, that's a that's an organization killer doing that.
Speaker 4: Yes it is. Yeah, bad.
Speaker 1: Scott. What's happening in your town?
Speaker 6: We're going to take it to my town, to my state. Notre Dame is five and six again, Florida state all the time. On Saturday night, it will be six and six. They go play up in South Indiana. I believe the game is on the road. Second thing I'm gonna talk about Scott Trickland, athletic director of University of Florida, has decided to bring Billy Napier back for twenty twenty five. Great move, but alone, He's not stupid. When it comes to arithmetic, you get rid of Billy Napier right now is going to cost you twenty six million dollars. Let alone, if you get rid of assistance, that number to look for forty million. But you know what, the Florida Billy Napier did not become a bad coach overnight. He did as albeit. I saw the Miami Hurricane blow out the Gators forty one to seventeen in Gainesville. Of course, Miami beating a lot of teams. But I still think Billion Napier is the right guy for the Florida Gators job.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 6: I think he give them at least another year, and I hope and pray for Billy that he can finally get the respect in the players that Florida needs to continue their tradition and let alone the fact that if everything goes to plan according to plane, medically wise for me, Candy and I will have the Miami Hurricanes and Florida Gators in hard Rock Stadium come next September. It was great to see Candy be able to achieve a milestone and go to Gainesville to see the Gators play in the fact that she was in Tallass a year ago. So now she's at every big stadium in the state of Florida, and we're working on Central Florida. Sure we get when we get credentialed for the Hula.
Speaker 2: Bowl, and then she will get them all.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 2: Jeremy, Thanks Jack.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 7: We had an interesting day the last couple of days. They waved UDFA wide receiver Isaiah Williams, and I think that's because they have to make room because of the twenty one day activation window of Broderick Martin, the defensive tackle that's in his second year.
Speaker 9: He came off the ir a couple of weeks ago. This is the third week.
Speaker 7: If they don't activate him, they got to put him back on the IR shell for the rest of the season. So I think that's why that move was made, because the other two spots are going to be taken up by Jamison Williams and Sidarius Smith, they traded for.
Speaker 1: Pensman. What's happening in your Montown?
Speaker 3: Penguins lost five to one to the Carolina Hurricanes. Mike saw that it needs to be fired. So and as you all know, the Steelers play the Commanders on Sunday at one o'clock.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to talk a little bit. I talked about this last night, the road to Executive of the Year. That happened to be Milwaukee Brewers Matt Arnold. The Brewers were not expected to do anything this last year. Council left for what he thought were greener pastures. At least he made He made more money. So let's face it, that's what we're all. That's what he's in it for. He went to the cub so on November fifteenth, the last year, he named Pat Murphy manager. Then he made some great moves, signed Jared Kanning, Jackson Curio, Brian Hudson, Rice Hoskin, Joey Ortiz, Frankie Montaz, and a bunch of other things, a bunch of other moves, and what happened. They clinched their second consecutive National League Central title. Congratulations to him being named Executive of the Year. That doesn't happen very often for the Brewers, let's face it, and the Brewers were not expected to do very well this past year. The Packers. Yeah, well there is I've read and I'm not sure. I haven't had anything confirmed that Jordan Love has more injuries coming out of this last game than just the aggravated groins, So I'm not gonna say it yet until it's been confirmed. But yes, that's not but again I'm not sure sure that's not necessarily a bad thing because Malik Willis has been doing good things for us, so at least we have at least we went out and got Malik Willis because before that we didn't have anybody really capable. Before I end the show, though, I do want to shout out because next week is Veterans Day and on Monday, and so I really want to give a shout out to all the veterans out there and thank them for their service. There's a big difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day, and I don't know that everybody knows it. Veterans Day is to honor all veterans. Memorial Day is to honor those that sacrifice the ultimate sacrifice. But if we wouldn't have veterans today, We wouldn't be sitting here being able to talk doing everything. We live in a free country. We live in a country where we were able to vote for presidency on Tuesday, and whether you like the outcome or not, it's still our right and our civic duty to free to vote. So shout out out to all the vets out there. I have both my uncles were were veterans. One of them is no longer with us, one of them, one of them is still alive and well. So kudos to everybody that is a veteran. And I don't know if anybody on this panel is, but I know Scott's dad is also a veteran, So I recognize that, and I want to honor all of the veterans. Any other last minute parting ideas or topics before we let everybody know how we can get a hold of everybody. No, no, I did.
Speaker 7: Oh, I did a minor enlistenment back in eighty eight and eighty nine.
Speaker 9: I serve my country.
Speaker 7: I did find that blank check when they the last year they offered here and listening.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome, Yeah, I'll second Jay's comment.
Speaker 6: Penslan did a nice job, and I look forward to seeing Penman on Thursday night every week with Jeremy and Ralph. He's gonna fitted really, really well. I can tell you right now. He's been great. First act for you, my friend. You found a good spot here on Fire Up every Thursday night, and you'll build your following. Throw us that way, and I'll use you once in a while on other shows as well when a situation presents itself. But you found a home here on Fire Up, and more than give you a Jeremy and ralphin especially old Candy. You guys make you guys going to make a fantastic foursome I'm proud of.
Speaker 3: Only can do you better? Make Jay happy with the Bucks? He's asked about the Bucks. That's the third time he says something about the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Well, they're actually winning right now.
Speaker 1: They are winning ninety four to eighty right now against the Utah Jazz. They have not had a good start to the season. They have been without Middleton Chris Middleton. So far this year, they haven't They're not firing in all cylinders. They've gone through some shooting slumps. Brook Lopez is in a shooting slump. Giannis was a little injured here and there. So but it's early, and yes it's a horrible start, I get that, but it's not a six games you know series, or a ten game series. You know. They play a lot of games, so just give them some time. Sometimes teams start out slow, especially without one of your star star scorers, because let's face it, that's what Chris Middleton does. He's a good three point shooter, and whether you like it or not, that is what the league is these days, is a three point shot. They don't play a lot of defense. So but yes, it is a hair rolling out the facts. Patience is a virtue. You are correct. Okay, guys, let's let everybody know how they can get a hold of you and watch you see you whatever, Pensman.
Speaker 3: Once you start, don't feel bad about your bucks because my Sixers are one and six and they're playing the Lakers tomorrow in their garbage and you can find you can find me on Twitter at Pensman Sports, and I also have a channel and I have six hundred and nineteen subscribers. I blew up last Tuesday. I do a Steelers show on Tuesday leaves, so that's where you can find me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ralph, How can we find you YouTube?
Speaker 5: I have my own YouTube channel Facebook, Twitter, x, also on Twitch and also on LinkedIn and toombler. You can also find me on twelve fifty AM, ninety two point five FM, and Pittsburgh on Saturday afternoons two to three pm the Sports Corner Radio Show with me, Ralph william Smoking, Jim Fraser, Claudia Arizona and Luther Duprie.
Speaker 4: Also you can catch me.
Speaker 5: I have the External Bum Show every Saturday morning nine am as part of a now tripleheader because I have the Ralph Williams Show at eight am to nine am on twelve fifty AM and ninety two point five FM starting this Saturday. But we have the External Bump Show live on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch platforms and also now on the Huddle Sports Network on routcup.
Speaker 4: So there you are, so.
Speaker 5: Ralf, Scott Morgan, Roth there, Jeremy Barwick and Leo Haggerty and this week we're gonna have somebody fill in for Leo.
Speaker 1: So Ralph. For all those that are listening to our show and can't see the show. What is your YouTube channel?
Speaker 5: It's Ralph Williams RW Media. Check it out of several shows on there, and also you can check out my website www. Dot RW Media Productions dot com. I also have archives shows on there as well.
Speaker 6: Hey Ja, by the way, I've been I've gone Penman for a couple of years, and I've been looking for a way to get this guy on our in our system, and I'm glad that he finally has a spot.
Speaker 4: Welcome on my shows.
Speaker 2: So yeah, tell you what.
Speaker 6: I've known Pensman for a while, one of my dear friends out here on Twitter, and I'm glad that he finally is able to make his way to become a regular hour show.
Speaker 2: He's one of the class acts.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I had a bump in a room, but now full of full throttle and ready to get going.
Speaker 2: We're behind you all the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate.
Speaker 1: That, Jeremy. How can people watch or see you well?
Speaker 7: On top of here on fire Up occasionally you can find me on Tuesday on the Inside the Big Skins Show.
Speaker 9: And then you can always find me on Wednesdays.
Speaker 7: Also on the South Florida Tribune YouTube channel with the MotorCity Madmouth, which also is filtered on featured on No Filter dot Net. Other than that, you can find my writings under the South Florida Tribune dot com, underneath the MotorCity Tribune heading right right about the Detroit Lions, occasionally about some bone headed rules in the NFL.
Speaker 9: As well.
Speaker 7: You can fight by channel kneecap fighting with the MotorCity Lions. Rag go live almost every day of the week, and when I'm not live on my channel, I'm live on my channel from other places where I'm a guest. This month, we are doing a Pickum's contest with the weekly Pick Them. It started with yesterday the pictures. Some minute I have seven people in, so there's time to get in and somebody to beat somebody. Because you only got to be active as a subscriber for three week, make the picks. If you are the winner at the end of the month, you get a custom jersey regardless of team you picked NFL jersey, just like the ones you get at Dunham's not the game, more than ones you get at the stadium.
Speaker 2: Jay, You're too kind. Thank you very much for the kind origin in the chat room.
Speaker 1: So Scott, I know I normally would pass off to you, but I know you'd pass it right back to me, so I will take our information.
Speaker 2: Please do.
Speaker 1: Scott wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It talks about media and how it has changed over his forty plus years. It has a couple of good pictures but some awesome stories. If you're interested in getting on into the business, it's definitely a great read. It also is a great gift idea, knowing that the holidays are right around the corner. It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. There's a link on our website www dot selfloird attribute dot com, where Scott also writes Jeremy writes, I take pictures. Go check out our YouTube channel. If you see the red subscribe button that means you haven't subscribed, please do so. If you're interested in seeing more of that interview with cam Ward after the game, we have that on there. If you missed Sports Exchange last night, we talked about who he throws to Xavier Ristreppold. There's also after the game his interview on our YouTube channel, as well as Mario Christobal who coaches these fine gentlemen. Go check out our YouTube channel. If you like to listen to podcasts, You can find us wherever you get your podcast. Monday nights we talk baseball, Tuesday nights we talk football, Wednesday's on Sports Exchange, and Thursdays on Fire Up. You never know what we're gonna be talking about. But preceding this on Fire Up Florida, we talk I shouldn't say we because I don't do it. Scott talks about NHL hockey. It's his hockey show. If you want to sponsor a show or advertise, please call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine four one. If you want to be a guest or have any ideas, you can always email us at self load a tribune at gmail dot com. One last thing. On Tuesday nights, I am on a Chicks podcast three Chicks or Chicks and Salsa. You can find us on YouTube. Check out the Chicks podcast where we talk females, talk and sports seven thirty pm Eastern. We have some couple of big guests line up, although not as big as the guest Scott had on Monday Night. Scott, why don't you tell us quickly who you are add Monday night on our YouTube channel because so they can go watch it.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, one of the big things I talked about my book is relationships. Well, I've built a good relationship with Kenny Albert when he covered the NHL All Star Game in Tampa. We caught up again this summer at the National Sports Media Association Award banquet. We talked to him, took some photos. He wrote a book. I wrote a book, and on Monday, Monday afternoon, Kenny and I did a show for the motor City Mad Mouse Show, and Kenny was kind enough to give me twenty five minutes of his time. So, Jay, if you missed it, then you can go ahead and look in the archives on the YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: You can find it there. I know he's gonna like it.
Speaker 6: I piled a lot into twenty five minutes with definitely an action pack show. Kenny and I have been good friends. He's one of the best broadcasters out there, but one of the more importantly, hes one.
Speaker 2: Of the best human beings on the planet as well.
Speaker 3: So what what why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: He said, he blames me.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, Kenny Albert story, So he blames me. Ah, forget about it. Okay, but I'm talking Kenny Albert and you throw a curveball at me that don't see coming. No, I'm talking about Kenny Albert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, the guy too. But I'll just read the college all.
Speaker 2: Right, he's in your head already. He's gonna he's gonna say he's your Danny and you're gonna believe it. So don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: But the one thing I will say, Scott, if people don't know who Kenny Albert is, you will you will recognize him, and more importantly, you will when you listen to it, you will then recognize him. He is one. He is a sports icon play by play announcer who has announced for all four of the major sports NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB and the Olympics one of the other. Aren't many out there that do all of them, and he is very knowledgeable in all of the sports.
Speaker 2: Is that I don't.
Speaker 6: I've warned Kenny for like six seventy ear third stuff, and it was good that we caught up over the summer and.
Speaker 2: He's ready to do it. And he's a man of his work. That's all. I will believe it at that. But it was a great way to start off the week.
Speaker 6: There was no way we could do a football show on Tuesday because I wasn't competing against the election anyway, So we did it Monday it we'll be back to Tuesday nights.
Speaker 4: I didn't have a bad crowd on my show for an election night, that's okay. I did.
Speaker 2: All I did was stay up till three of them think the election.
Speaker 6: Didn't care about result because me being a diehard media guy, I'm all about being able to watch all everything presented factual and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Whatever the other stuff is the material.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think we've gone around the horn, Jeremy, how do we always end the show?
Speaker 7: Try every day to be a better person than you were the day before. That's the only way to think the world a better place. Starts right here. Much love to everybody in the chat. Hope you guys have Grady, thanks for.
Speaker 1: Joining, verybody for watching, and again, Happy Veterans Day for all of those We salute all of you veterans. Thank you