Speaker 1: On on On Welcome to Cecioprecial for episode four fifty one. We're fifty one, Yes sir, Holy shit, yes sir. Brought to you by the wonderful patrons patreon dot COM's last season podcast.
Speaker 2: Whether they like it or not.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes we're here. We have a deck that we asked for and.
Speaker 3: It's glar. I'm really excited to talk about glarb today.
Speaker 1: We're getting glarbed up in this bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun to say. You say, Gary, you saying see.
Speaker 1: There we go, big thanks, big thanks to producer Gary. He's burning the candle at two ends hey, because we're recording late at night cause he has something or you have something or I have something.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure it's good Garry.
Speaker 3: Is mom's birthday, fricka?
Speaker 2: And you're going to cruise weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna come.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm going to see my mom at the freaking lake from my yearly visit to their place at the lake?
Speaker 1: What lake is it?
Speaker 3: Uh? Jackfish jackfieh sounds made up. I fucking hate going to the lake. Really, yeah, the only person on the planet I am not a lake person.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I'm gonna blow everybody's mind who doesn't already know this, But you not liking going to the lake and being the only person on the planet who doesn't like going to the lake is like me not liking garlic. Yeah, and people are gonna comment like, what what what do you have? No soul? I knew you were a fucking vampire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Like I just I don't get it.
Speaker 3: There's there's bugs everywhere, and I always get a sunburn, like not on my whole body, but like on the one random spot that I forgot to put the suns Like, yes, one time I burned the tops in my feet, or I burned my nose or like the inside of my arm right here, or like above my Like I wear such long shorts now because sometimes the shorts go above your knee and I forget to put.
Speaker 1: It in my hand, yeah, the thigh right, Oh hey hey.
Speaker 3: It's just it's uncomfortable, and like there's so many people that are like, oh, Brando's here, let's hang out, and it's like goddamn it, God damn it.
Speaker 2: Like when we go to.
Speaker 3: Events, it's like, man, I don't see these people, like not two times a year This is amazing get to hang out with all these people who are my homie.
Speaker 1: But it's playing magic inside your freaking nerd And.
Speaker 3: Now it's like fucking lake people.
Speaker 1: They're like, Oh, let's go back a minute to sunscreen of applying sunscreen. This is what I would say to you first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never when I was a kid, I never used to wear sunscreen, and then I had that spray on stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, best invention I think in the last fifteen years or twenty years is aerosol sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Super appreciate that.
Speaker 3: But now I don't own any, and just like, because I put myself in a position where I need it so little, I haven't procured any yet. So like I just kind of use whatever's available.
Speaker 2: And here we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel you were we doing this shit? Do you think at the lake you are gonna see any glob esque creatures? Oh?
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 3: So I really like frogs, Yes, I think that they're really neating their fun And if I see where they live, I'll go and watch them because they're fun to.
Speaker 1: You ever catch them? You ever go frog catching at the lake.
Speaker 3: When I was a little kid, I used to go catch frogs, But now I feel like that's kind of mean.
Speaker 1: Well, if you catch them and let them go, well you do.
Speaker 3: But like what if you don't, like you carry them and show them to everybody, and like now they're all freaked out because they've seen they've been outside the matrix and.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: There's just no going back.
Speaker 1: The frogs are like, oh, God exists, They're terrible. God exists, and they have salty hands.
Speaker 3: Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, right, you just can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those frogs are fucked for life. They need therapy and they have excellent crisises, and they freaking think that the government's out to get them. They stopped getting vaccines. Who frog therapists? Yeah, hey, uh, I went to school with a guy who's a frog therapist. Now it's kind of like having a therapy dog, but except you're a frog and you're a therapist and not a dog. There's no dogs involved, and what and no therapist.
Speaker 3: You went to school with a frog who's a therapy he's a therapy frog.
Speaker 1: Now what the hell I'm making it up? Oh man, I'm trying to keep us on glarb because you were so pumped to get this deck and now we've got not only a deck that you were pumped to get because it's Glarb and it's a frog, and you're gonna build not this deck but a glarb day will eventually.
Speaker 3: Well I tried building Glarb and it turned into glar Block Bobo mcguffin from last episode.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right. I was gonna make a joke about garb what's his name, glarb block and said, if you have a globe for more than three hours here or day here.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, or is that a chub toad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, chubb toad with arm hanging out for more than three hours, see your doctor.
Speaker 3: So my glob went into a traxa so I can play Creators off the top of my library Glarb traxa, because that's what we need, is more access to that kind of.
Speaker 1: Bullet Oh if you yeah, it's like if you have attracsa globe, it almost sounds like a traxa, Like the end of that kind of sounds like it could be like kind of inceptiony sounding globatraxa globception. I was going to say in the name, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well you've got to glob deck to talk about. And you said, here's the deck we're doing.
Speaker 2: Here's the one. I was very excited when he came in.
Speaker 1: And when I looked at it and saw the title of it and what the deck is about, I got excited about it because it's it has the potential like so many commanders do these days, to combo, and it's in blue and black, a color combination that I've really found a liking for. In the last year of playing magic. I built like a like a demere deck, and I really like it. And it has the ability to take a bunch of turns in a row, draw your whole deck, the whole stuff right right, without going infinite.
Speaker 3: It does, although I mean if you draw your whole deck, it kind of has to be infinite because if you don't lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose yeah, Like, well, it's it's it's like peerentity abyss. Draw half your deck two or three times. You don't ever get your whole deck right, but you get enough to get like a dream hauls into like discard a blue card to play a time stretch and then discard a blue card to play a time warp, discard a blue card to play another turnspell right, does that kind of stuff That's not what this deck does, but it is a combo deck, and I'm excited to talk about it because not only is it a combo deck, it's actually quite a like an affordable, very value based deck.
Speaker 3: With lots of neat stuff that you could probably play elsewhere if you ever get tired of doing this, which it probably won't, because it's a it's a it's a pretty fun Yeah, I think it'd be looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though it's.
Speaker 3: On deck stats dot net. Yeah, come on, I think it's still gonna be a fun deck to play from what I can tell based on trying to look through the piss poor navigational capability of this website.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only thing I worry about with nondeterministic combos like the ones in this deck where you have to like surveil surveils or rail sorrail surveil and then like infinitely bounced creatures to get some effect, is it's not instantaneous when like some combos are right, and then you run into the problem of a ten minute turn that you might not win on, and that doesn't seem like a ton of fun unless you know you're gonna win, and then you do that a whole bunch of times, and like many combo decks for experienced players, they end up coming apart because you're like, oh, I've done this enough, I've kind of I've kind of got my rocks off to this combo enough times that I don't need it anymore, and then you take it apart.
Speaker 3: It does play one of my most favoritist combos.
Speaker 2: Oh well, don't spoil it.
Speaker 3: I won't talk about it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And I'm hoping, I'm really hoping that that they don't know that they do, so that I'm informing them of it, because maybe that's the thing. Probably not, they probably know, because why else with this creature be in the deck. It's because it does the thing.
Speaker 1: And news flash, it's not brash Taunter because glarb is black and green and blue.
Speaker 2: Alas no, ready, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if you had a globe Taunter deck.
Speaker 2: Oh, if brash Tunsor was a frog.
Speaker 1: You can't even play brash Taunter and your attracts a deck where your glob is I know you've ever been good at magic before?
Speaker 2: No, fuck me neither.
Speaker 3: No, That's why I'm in CCO Nation. We have among my people. It's amazing, it's very good.
Speaker 1: I suppose, yeah, I suppose. Well, hey, listen, we have for the next couple of weeks a Patreon supporter selected to be the winner of the booster pack game, just as a benefit to supporting us and being part of the nation in that way. We did have guessers from last week that were like, I'm guessing anyways. Yeah, but owen, so maybe maybe we'll have to figure something out. But last week's Patreon winner you can get a booster pack of magic cards, a CEO token pack which I owe to Corey, so you're gonna have to remind me, okay, or Ceco sticker pack. Ah.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: And last week's winner is Jared McLean or McLean.
Speaker 2: That's McLean for sure, McLean, clean Clean.
Speaker 1: He's probably bald, like mister Clean.
Speaker 2: Probably only where it counts.
Speaker 1: He shaves it, so he what shaves his head? He's bald, so he looks taller.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: What I was gonna say, is that true?
Speaker 2: Do you look taller if you're bald?
Speaker 3: Is that like a thing? Is that like an optical?
Speaker 1: I think I think you shave your head when you're losing your hair, so you don't. So people don't know that you have male pattern baldness. But everybody knows if they see it like a bald guy and is like late thirties. Yeah, that guy's going bald. He's just shaving his head.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's the sad reality of it all.
Speaker 2: That's too bad.
Speaker 1: But Jared McLean, Commander cook at a gmail dot com, let us know that you won let us know your address so I don't have to look it up. That makes it simple for me. Will send you your price.
Speaker 2: We would appreciate it very much.
Speaker 3: Remember, you gotta send us the full address or it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because then I have to look it up anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not gonna though, Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna give for the people who want to guess?
Speaker 4: Here's what people have to guess. They have to guess your preferred glob art. Do you like the handsome, sexy sitting in a chair glarb the Tinder profile picture globe if you will, or the globe that shows up to the date, which is just totally cracked out and insane.
Speaker 3: And so you have to pick which one is Ryan's favorite?
Speaker 2: And why I guess.
Speaker 1: I don't know which one's my favorite?
Speaker 3: You told me which one was your favorite before we started the show. That's why it's the hint, because I know the answer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, yes, yes, I did.
Speaker 2: Freaking god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this DdO podcast so freakin' Diane and Dando, Brian, Brian and Randall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dying and Dan?
Speaker 1: I forgot?
Speaker 2: Am I thinking about?
Speaker 3: What am I talking about? Man?
Speaker 1: Dying? And Dan? Though? Well, we're here. We've got a globe list, big thanks to everybody who sent it in. What else do we got to cover? What? Anything else?
Speaker 2: Now we've got globe.
Speaker 1: You know what do you mean we don't have is we've got our stunt beers, but we don't have studio beers. And it's Friday night, and it's Friday night, and me and you and fricking producer Gary are sitting in the sweaty booth in whatever butthole town we're in today, and like Fingerhole or finger Blast Street or wherever we are that I find that we are, and we don't even have any freaking beer? What are we We're going to put the screws to Gary?
Speaker 2: What are we doing with our live I don't know what's the if?
Speaker 1: It was like a Tuesday night. It would be fine.
Speaker 3: No, it wouldn't be oh, because now we're working on a Tuesday night. Now we're working on a Friday night. You ever't know what somebody say, working on a day night, like we.
Speaker 2: Just should be beer here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, Nothing is perfect.
Speaker 2: Everything is a work in progress.
Speaker 3: You can always get better, you can always get stronger, you can always get more better at what you're doing.
Speaker 1: More better, including at speaking English. We're gonna go speak English on Commander Cookout four fifty one. We're gonna do Globe Combo deck. We might just end up drinking the stunt beers. I can't make any promises that that won't happen. Hit our theme song, Burber