Speaker 1: Way back Baby season three, and I said it would have last. Hi, I'm George Athas and I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 2: It's the Quick Hans Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George watched off the pet season now cast and country first year is a corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch. Only team that's see success. This path is getting rich. The Broncos keep on taking lots of Tiny's head and this I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. They said that has to sit there for water. His defeat Friday night food in these tip it's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see walls you running for the team.
Speaker 3: I ain't playing the NFL.
Speaker 1: We really mess with the.
Speaker 2: League, getting tries every day time we killing never team. I'm super cooking with all these hands.
Speaker 1: I cast a month to day.
Speaker 3: George, Nick Arthur to the stage.
Speaker 1: Please welcome back everyone, Quick Hands rugbyy Podcast. This is episode twelve, How is everybody very good? No George tonight, No George. Unfortunately we were all crooked last week, so apologies for not coming through last week. And George still hasn't recovered yet. So it's Arthur Tenure in myself tonight.
Speaker 3: For that's it.
Speaker 1: Personally. Personally, I think George is okay. You just wanted to dodge the bulldog questions. But see, we'll see how we.
Speaker 4: Ask how many questions for George?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ardie man, I have to ask you, where's where's around twelve?
Speaker 3: It's in the can. It's in the can, Nick, And it's in the can. It's in the can. And the good thing of the week mate is Nuppoly, Mate napoly And so yeah, teams, but nuptily that's fantastic, ain't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Coming from tenth and losing two main players and managing to take it out by one single point in the last on the last day of the season's brilliant centennials, some of the figure centennious, some of the scenes.
Speaker 4: I watched it anyway, it was so good, and I said to Nick, I was like the Eels one and Nupoly one.
Speaker 1: It was a great It was a great. Actually Friday night, Saturday morning, so very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not going to nothing in the bin. What's in the bin.
Speaker 1: There's a lot in the bin. But I think we're going to cover any controversy, So why don't we just jump straight in. That's it, that's good. So my my bin is Phil Gold. All right, so let's get let's unpack it. Where do we start. Let's start at the beginning. So we all know Galvin signing with the Bulldogs and I don't know, and I'm not doing the whole I told you some thing, but I said it four weeks he was going to the Bulldogs. I had an idea. I was really pissed off on Saturday when I saw the news, not because he's going in the Bulldogs, because I suspected that, but that it was actually going to happen this week, especially after Shane Richardson definitely said we're not releasing him early. And the reason the reason I say Phil Good, he's getting roasted on every he's stepping in shit left and right just because of all the lies that he's been saying. And what we do now that isn't being reported in the media is that Phil Good had the deal done four weeks ago, so it was always it was all there's a lot of media hype about Yeah, he met with both clubs and all that. Phil Gold had this wrapped up long before anyone else. And I guess the reason people, and from what I've read, I don't know clubs, but clubs are complaining to the NRL because he's the only executive administrator who's able to use his media jobs shield him to be able to say stuff that no one else can say and do things that no one else can do and get access to them. So anyway, what's opened up to you, guys? What do you think about the whole thing? Ten I'll let you get.
Speaker 4: I think Gold and Isaac Moses should be in the bin for a lot of reasons, I think, And you know, I was talking to Nick about this after after we were talking about the Galvin thing, and I think I even said it to you guys, like as a recruiter, you know, my responsibility is to look after the candidates and the clients and player management's no different, right, And I think I found it really funny because I hate Callan and I hate Gold, But you know, Gold saying many weeks ago were not interested, and then Galen's like he would never lie, and then all of a sudden he's blowing up at Chamis who Moses actually got kicked off that NRL talk show, which is interesting considering who you know, like he also manages Galvin, but then to just turn around and just deny that he never said that he wasn't interested, Like I think, I know, I was saying to Corey today, I was like, the NRL has really stuffed up this year across so many different things and it's so messy and I'm sorry, but great, you know, Galvin can move whatever. But it's origin week we're talking about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: It is and I don't care, like just go, but you know the worst thing is going to be one you already got sext and out Mahoney is going to because kind of disrupt the whole team and then meets with kick Out and Chris Crichton, sorry Crichton, all those guys, and then they're playing the Eels next week, which is I know.
Speaker 1: But it's it's not like again what what The reason the reason I want to unpack it is because it's not a case of being dirty, because he's not on a power or whatever players whatever. I would have liked to have gotten him, but I knew, I knew it wasn't happening. But there's been so much garbage from Gold saying we're not interested, you know, blah blah blah, and him trying to cover it up in the last couple of days has actually made it even worse, which is which is where all the heat's coming from. Now. He's he's said things like, you know, you remember Toby Sexton, you know, just a week ago or too lessened to a CIO when Fulgo was asked about his extension and he said, oh, you know, he's a developing player. He does the question, you know, they're leading the camp and the half back's getting launched. But but then he said he said, he actually said, and this is my personal favorite, that he's had no contact with Galvin. It's all been with the coach. Right. Whenever it suits him, he lays it off to the media or the or the other or the coach, right, And then he actually said, he goes, you know, I spoke to Toby Sexton on Wednesday night and I informed him that we're talking to Galvin. But then on the same show he said, Galvin's management reached out to us on Wednesday night, which what is it and to say that I've never met Galvin. This is the guy who was photographed with kick Out when no one knew about it, right, he was photographed with Reid Money when no one knew about it. It was photographed with Matt Burdon. And from what I'm hearing this afternoon, it's true he has never met Lachlan Galvin, but he had a zoom meeting with him that went for over an hour, so he's never met with him in person. So he's using attorney speak, you know, and just.
Speaker 4: It's dangerous. He's manipulating the me's.
Speaker 1: That's That's what I'm angrew about because the unfair advantage they get. And sorry to minicate you off, but.
Speaker 4: No, no, he's just manipulating the media. And also, like I even't had to look, do player managers or coaches ever get audited for ethical you know, reasons or what apparently they do? But I couldn't even find how often they get audited, which is really handy. But there is something to be said around the ethics of what's going on at the moment. And yeah, Garvin's he.
Speaker 1: Can't feel good, can't be audited. He's the general manager of the Bulldogs, but he's a channel line personality, so he he uses one to hide behind the other and say things that no one else can say. Right And and if you remember what I said for weeks ago, he started this two months ago through the media, ording a player that you know and look with the whole read mining situation for example, he stepped in ship with that one too. He said, oh, you know, it was Reed's mining management who approached us about looking at options, right, And he said, you know because with the Perth Bears coming in in twenty seven, because Miney's off contract at end the next year, So with the Perth Bears coming in in twenty seven, you know, we don't know what our roster's going to look like at that point. So we said to him, you know, if you can have a look around, it's an absolute Crockett shit. That conversation happened six months before even the Bears were confirmed, you know, and read Mine's management approached Canterbury by an extension. But fiel Good to turn around and say twenty seven is too far away to think about our roster. It's just next season after next. That's what he does. He plans his roster two to three years in advance. They obviously don't want him there because they need to make salary cap room now because how do he explain how do he explained all these players going there for unders?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, that's I think that's what's starting.
Speaker 1: That's what's you know, because no one's suggesting cap but everyone's starting to ask the question, why are players going there? For Leo Thompson, who Phil Gold said were absolutely not interested in and then two weeks later they signed him. He had like an eight hundred. He had a much higher offer I think from the roosters of someone. Yeah, but a lot of these players that go on there for unders and can have a bit of formula area too, So I think I think he's causing a bit of a problem. Not to mention Gavin comes in, What is Burton going to go change positions?
Speaker 3: Is he exactly? It's going to cause a huge disruption, I think in the spine because it's pretty settled at the moment. They're coming first.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But again the reports are and again there are only reports from the media that some of the players at the Bulldogs aren't happy about it.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't be would you be like he's already causing off ship? What do you reckon, Ardie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think Look, Nick's basically covered at all. It's just it's all the liars. He uses his power in the media to manipulate players, managers. He's just it's becoming a joke. Then I all need to step in and just do something about it. They just can't let it keep going on. It's it's crazy, and the guy I feel sorry for the most and all this is Toby six then like Hills, like he's copying it. Now they're coming first. He's been a big part of that team. Now they bought Hutcheson, they bought all these other guys. He's come in and steer the ship and got them there. They've been great of us since he's been there. And now he's been told see you later. We don't want you. You know, it's not someone better came along. We don't need you anymore.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting. I've got a couple of I've got a couple of points in front of me that we were reported through the Cidny Morning Herald. This one's my personal favorite. Andrew Webster, who all knows a pretty credible, incredible journal. He reported that after the game when West Tiger's played South, Galvin actually told Rabbit those players after the game, which was before the West Board meeting, that he's getting an early release in his owner the Dogs. That was almost two weeks ago. M hm. And so the other question is you got Shane Richardson who was so adamant about we're not releasing him early, blah blah blah. Him and Phil Goold have struck a deal overnight, which is quite funny because again that deal was done before even the release was And then there's a whole bunch of other things like again, phel Good, the guy's got formed. I mean remember when remember when Trent Barrett was the coach, Yeah, exactly, he said Trent Barret will be longer than I longer than I am. Three weeks later he got sacked when when he was at I mean, look what they need the poor young Flannagan. You know, when he was at Penrith he said, Matt more than will be for the rest of his career and then the next thing you know, he was off the kren So Gold's definitely got form in that area. He hired and extended Griffin and then sacked him. Yeah, he's and he's. Look, he's a great operator because he gets the right result for his club. But at some point I think it's going to come back to buy him because there's too much dodgey shit gone on.
Speaker 4: I feel like, not just him, but Isaac Moses is doing a bit of his own damage too, like getting that.
Speaker 1: Guy another thing, Toby Sexton, you know, the whole Toby Sexton thing. His manager, his name is tass Butler. Right, Phil Good's putting the blame on him. He's saying that Toby Sexton's manager was asking for an extension and he went to the media and blew all this stuff up. The thing about Isaac Moses is that him is Phil Good. Don't get along? So how has this deal been done? So if you listen to what Phil Gould says, he was contacted on Wednesday night. On Saturday, the deal was done. So how does that happen with two guys who don't get along? By the way, who somehow have Shane Richardson looked into this deal as well? There's a three way agreement here.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Well, I had the Tigers really had no choice because of the legal thing. Now they're threatening legal actions, so they really had to let him go.
Speaker 1: But with the I think that was I think that was part of that was the Characterarthur. Yeah, if you're willing to drop the legal action, that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that was sort of handsle tired.
Speaker 1: They had to or was it the other way around, do a deal with us like this and we'll make sure the legal actions dropped exactly.
Speaker 3: But I also heard the paramatter on the weekend. Had it done. I thought it was more or less done due to power, and then something happened overnight and then bang it was Canterbury. I also had that story that it was very close to Paramata.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I that's what the media, that's what some sessions in the media are reporting. But we both know it was done more before that. Again, he told the South players after the game almost two weeks ago, So I think that's them just trying to spice it up a little bit to honest.
Speaker 3: And I like one of the excuses how they say because he's got a close connection with the assistant coach of really, as if, come on, that's the biggest crocket in my life.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't. I don't. I don't question his motives for going there if what he said was true about not developing it. The Tigers, the Bulldogs are coming first. There are club that's on the arp. You know, good coach, good squad. I get all that. I just he's not just he's just not going to slow in at six. So I don't understand he's Burton going to shift to the centers. He's crying, you're going to get a fullback? Are you going to shift all these superstars to feed in a nineteen year old kid who who we all think he's going to be a superstar, but it could turn out to be a dud and he could actually do well this season this year depending on how he fits in there as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, half back? Sorry what positions he going in? Because he's not going on.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a six, he's a six. So I don't know if they're going to try and play them at lack or if they're going to try and play them in the back row, or either going to play them it seeks and she burned to the centers, which would put right in the fullback. To me is ridiculous because I think the team's coming. The team's coming first with Toby Sex and they're cruising along. I mean, look, they lost, they lost against Brisbane. I don't know what happened in that first half. Right, they lost against the Dolphins last week, but they had ten or eleven players mis see between origin, suspension and injury.
Speaker 4: But you can tell with the team when they have solidarity, right, I'm sure we'll talk about it during the rounds, but you can tell when a team is close, you know, like if like Bulldogs, Cowboys. I'm not Broncos at the moment, like you that close, but they're not in unity. I don't think like Dolphins Raiders. You can tell when a team has that unity, you know what I mean, Like it's yeah, And I just like even because I was looking at the other day around all the movement like Sherry and then what about like Kurt Man, like you know what I mean, like he's been cracking around too. So this kid, who he's good, but I've seen better players this year. Like I'm sorry, I don't think that he's that amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean even I mean, I mean Bill Goold started the courting process with the whole, with the whole, he's the best teenager or ever best teenager you've ever seen. You had Brad Fittler when he was in year twelve. You were coaching him when he played for New South Wales, you know, and he won a premiership he was in year twelve. You know, because has he.
Speaker 4: Seen the teenagers that are even like in the community clubs? Has he seen the kids in Burly Bears like? Has he seen.
Speaker 1: He's my favorite quote from the City Morning Herald. We are not involved in a Lachwin Gavin discussion and we won't be involved in a Lackwin Galvin discussion. Bulldog's boss Phil Good told the City Morning Herald funny how that changed and wanting to him the goalpost all on Wednesday night. Yeah, everything everything changed on Wednesday night, which was almost a week after Galvin told everyone who was going to the Bulldogs.
Speaker 4: His interview with what did he say to oldmate Timbers? He was like, what's your tone son or something?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And actually what happened there was, according to I had to catch three tonight. I had to catch three sixty tonight right just to see what they said about it, and Channel nine had to cut to So I've only seen the snippet because I was in Melbourne for the last few days. I didn't see much television, to be honest, but I caught a snippet of that statement that part. So what I didn't know was that Channel nine had to cut to an early commercial break because it got heated, and it got even more heated during the commercial break because for good did not he didn't. He did not like being questioned on live TV. Or it's actually not live. I think it's an hour delayed or something. But but Jamas didn't back down. That's a good credit his credit. He didn't. He didn't back down because everyone's saying, you're an absolute deceitful, lying sack of ship. You're sitting there just telling you talking so much garbage, right, And if Phil Goil's got the goal to go and blame the media, he's using the media to drive this whole thing. But then he goes and he blames the media. You know, it's I just think he's he's he's definitely standing under the radar, And yeah, I gotta feeling, I've gotta feeling this is going to come back. I know Bulldogs fans are probably piss pissed off of human saying what I'm saying, I actually think it's going to come back to buy him in the arse the club, I really do.
Speaker 4: Everyone's saying that though.
Speaker 3: You know, some of guys. If you look at the Bulldogs, right, they're won nine games right now. If you look at their draw, right, they beat Dragons, Titans, Eels, Sharks, Knights, like they're not big hitters, are they They beat Souths, they got flogged by by Broncos, and they bet the Titans again and by the Dolphins, and then and then they look and then the the Raiders were twining them up and then just put the Q in the rack. Roosters were beating him and then they just fell off and the Dolphins flogged them. So it's not as if they helt you know, played the big hitters and they smashing the big teams. You know, they've had a pretty can draw, you know what I mean. And they're winning their games to their credit was in front of you, and that's good.
Speaker 1: But they do I mean that their defense for the most part has been fantastic. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, and they're pulling the crowds because they getting the results. It's good, it's good for the game. I've got no dramas with any of that. And and again I don't want people to think I've got cell grapes. Ironically, I actually I actually think that our next paramount is next thumb sticks has come from the bulldogs in young Parali because he's a he's we're talking about it later, but he debuted last week and he's a he's a natural one or six. So for me, he's the answer anyway. But yeah, this whole Phiel Good thing, and he's the guys willing and dealing. He's yeah, don't forget. He was a little outspoken last year. The NRL slapped him with a twenty thousand dollars fine. Do you know what ended up happening with that situation. He threatened legal action and the fire was dropped. Okay, the NRL back down from him. You know, So the guy's got this unprecedented power to pull whatever strings he can. We're all talking about Moses the manager, you know what, fuck Moses. Phil Gold was the one pulling the strings. And this deal was done four weeks ago, clearly, and he had Moses, he had Richardson, and he had abdo all in agreement to make this thing happen.
Speaker 4: I just don't like how Chamas was kicked off because Moses didn't want Mitch Moses to be interviewed with him. And then and I was reading it earlier, like Isaac Moses has a bit of a pull in the media as well, and really like.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, we can channel that's pathetic from Channel nine note because that was I think it was there the last that was like the last Monday Night or the one before. And and for Mitchell Moses to be a guest on the show one hundred percent Footy, He's manager. Isaac Moses demanded that Chamis. Because Isaac Moses and Michael Chammis went to school together, They've got their own history. They used to talk, same community, same nationality, same family, friends in circle, but don't get along. Haven't spoken for a few years because of foody and apparently, well not apparently. It's the truth. Isaac Moses said, if you want Mitchell Moses as a guest on the show, Chamis can't be on the show. Channel nine actually pulled Chamis from the Show's Well, I mean that's absolutely that's I would say, you know what, still mitched to stay home, Yeah, but also have someone.
Speaker 4: Else completely unprofessional by the way, because sorry, but people who have a brain know that the media is an incredible source of anything anyway. But I think there's a lot of things that are coming out now which Gus can't deny. So he just you know, flips out.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. If we we're just around a week, let's fast forward a week, so if we rewind again a week, Mitchell Moses to be guessed on one hundred percent footy, He's manager. Isaac Moses says he'll only appear if Chamas doesn't channel nine who feel good sits on that panel? Palled chamis right from the show, so feel good who doesn't get along with Isaac Moses somehow endorsed that move and the guy that he was arguing with last night was the one who was pulled. Do the math. Think about it for a second, just think about it for a second. Right, And yet he refuses to sorry, he refuses to name Isaac Moses. He keeps referring to him as the manager. Right, these two are in bed together.
Speaker 4: Oh do they think that we are idiots?
Speaker 1: They do?
Speaker 3: They honestly believe that the republic that dumb, that we don't realize what they're doing, and when we question it, it's all of a sudden, the defense it's pathetic. It's becoming an absolute joke. And then I really need to do something, but they won't. They won't do anything, you know.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's a shame.
Speaker 4: And I don't think Galvin said anything. Has he yet?
Speaker 1: He hasn't even actually signed yet, but I've got a feeling that he's been told to hold off for a few days, to let all the bullshit die down, and then we'll announce the signature. He's definitely going there, and like I said, we already knew.
Speaker 4: That enjoying that first training session that's going to be awkward, as ship.
Speaker 3: He stead he might have to wrestle thirty five players.
Speaker 1: Is that interesting? Considering he's leaving a club because he got bullied to go to a club who's apparently bullying players.
Speaker 3: What's happened with that? Have we heard anything about the top of eight thing? If he got to Pine whatever his name was.
Speaker 1: I sure, I'm not sure. I think. I think I think the dog's wanted in court. I'm not sure. I can't remember, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Because I know there's six x players when in front of the as witnesses and that was the last I heard that was the witnesses. I think one of them was for Tellamar. All the guys that are.
Speaker 1: Left, considering Phil Good runs the team. That's probably the last time that I've ever seen Ardie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I've never liked.
Speaker 1: They've probably been de registered. But again, the sad part is Origin one is tomorrow night and this is what we're talking about. Huh it's yeah, So I don't know, did you guys want to have any anything else on this? And I'm sure there'll be more to talk about next.
Speaker 4: Do we want to talk about?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: Smashes video.
Speaker 3: Punching one.
Speaker 1: It's it's akin to Spencer, not Spencer lan who Terry old May He's got the best numbers of any forward in the competition. He one of the reasons that was quoted that he wasn't picked for de South far as was his defense is questionable. Yet in the game before selections when the Tigers lost the South, he made sixty eight tackles with no misses. Sixty eight tackle right, we all know this is the same moron who on social media before the team was peaked said Chuck the new South Wales Jersey in the bin to his mate, right. So you know what's interesting to me For a club that has been so phenomenal in every area, the one area where Penrith fucked up royally was on teaching their players how to use social media. Because whether it's Terrell or Taylor May, Jerome Lewy Taruvera, the list goes on. These players are absolute fucking idiots when it comes to social media. And of course Lori daid, he's not going to say it publicly, but why do you think turol made didn't get picked. I mean, for Christ's sake, they had to call in an extra person. They brought in Adam Dewey. Adam Dewey really no, But Nick I.
Speaker 4: Was meaning more Reese Walsh's video.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying again there's nothing in it, but why would you do that and post it?
Speaker 4: But then and we can talk about Broncos but basically and we can just do a really blanket thing Martin getting fired because he liked to post like it does Mags have a really big ego around that when you're letting Ezra run around and Rese Falsh punch people in the face, and like I don't have an issue boys, boys whatever, I just don't post it. Just yeah that Broncos are not going to do well this year. They've got a lot of things that they need to fix. But I just I got like, that's why I like guys because they're so hilariously ridiculous sometimes, And I just he shouldn't have po said that. When I first saw it, I thought it wasn't a joke and he was getting into a fight. But this is the thing goes back to, like all these young kids need to be taught everything outside of footy, you know, PR, professional brand or personal brand, how to be appropriate, like you know, it's like George said during the ADO thing, we know you do it, you don't want to know about it. Like that's the stuff they need to Like what are these marketing or PR people doing? Actually no whether they player managers teaching them exactly. So that's probably the other.
Speaker 1: So just I'm just going back to the world for a moment. I'm reading the details and now about what happened between Gould and Chamis. So they forced into an early ad break and then when it went off air, they kept going at it. It got heated because Phiel Gold had a few, in other words, explitives. In other words, feel was swearing at Chamis because he thought that his integrity was being questioned on air. No, ship, I think you left your integrity at home two years.
Speaker 3: Ago, saying what everyone thinks anyway.
Speaker 1: Absolutely full credit to him, full credit to him. Yeah it was great. Yeah, even but even Paul Gallant, Paul Gallan has been close to feel Good for a long time and Paul Gallan didn't go to toe with him the way Chamis did. But he was questioning and he was laughing, going, so you're feeling him telling me you never spoke to Galvin and Phil Goods going no, I've never spoke to him. And Gallant was just laughing because what an absolute crock of ship. He goes, I was all the coach, it's the coach, So what what what's going to happen to Read Binding and Toby sext and and oh well that's up to the coach. You know, it's all the coaching staff, you know, mind you every time you see Sureraldo at training, Gus is standing next to him short term Jersey right as well. But it's all the coach.
Speaker 3: It's all the coach. But if they win a camp, it's all him. But if they lose, Coach Gallon defended.
Speaker 4: He was like, how dare you call Gordolaia? He never contacted. It's like me, just turn it up and you know you have that ridiculous ad like I'll pay a dollar to shut up. I'll pay you. I'll pay you one hundred dollars to shut up gold just for I don't know a night. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty sad. I think it's pretty sad that he's just able to get away with so much garbage. I actually can't. I mean, I'm off good now. I can't listen to his pod, I can't watch anything with him on it. I'm forced to watch State of Origin in the Grand Final because Channel nine have it. But other than that, yeah, I just can't. I can't, actually can't stomach it anymore because he's especially in light of this, he's spoke with so much garbage in trying to cover this up that he's actually contradicted himself three or four times now.
Speaker 4: It just just it's starting to feel a bit then else I'm going to just use my kids terms. It's just starting to feel a bit gross, like, you know, like even even the boys are like, Mum, why is this person left? And what's this happening? And why is he? You know, why are there so many people that are like going into the scene bit Like like I said last time, they're like how is that a high tackle? You know that at their level and they're cliver kids, But it's just something to feel a little bit gross, Like I'm feel like, why is there's a man not playing? And what happened here? And my friend talked about are you doing this? And at a car and it's like yeah, Like and I was looking at the injuries today, the injury list, so it's like n er else putting all these things into place. We have had more injuries this year than I've ever seen, like of decent players.
Speaker 1: It's like we'reandom bread testing. It's like RBTs. We're having more accents now that we're having forty years ago. And it was introduced, so it's not working. Did we did we miss around driving accidents? I'm talking about We didn't.
Speaker 4: Talk about eleven?
Speaker 1: Did we because we were because we missed last week? We missed two weeks out of the last three.
Speaker 3: Remember, But doesn't it feel like the inner rule is just sort of favoring some certain teams and the others. That just doesn't keep it care. What doesn't give two ships about the other teams as long as it's protecting these other teams and making sure they're still at the top. Because crowds. It's disgusting, It's obvious.
Speaker 1: Now, it's it's the only think. It's the team. It's it's key figures within the game. It's there's there's there's probably three or four phiel Golds, but there's only one who's able to use the media. But yeah, you're right, I mean, and that's what I get disillusioned with. That's what the whole game when you're talking about stuff other than the game. You know, again we should be talking about origins. Ye, but there's just so much garbage, and it starts from the top. Between the Landers and Abdo. I don't think between the two of them, they couldn't organize a root in a brothel. I mean, they look good with everything, they're dawn, but seriously, there's so much that's slipping that that they're reverse to conflict and they won't put their foot It's like the what was it the Spencer Lennu Jonathan Thurston thing. The NRL's public statement was, we're not going to get involved until one of the clubs makes a complaint. You think you know everything else m and make it your business. But you know, but when it suits you, you know what I mean, it's just ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And again like with the Bulldogs, there's so many players. I mean, how they're under the cap. Yeah, I know they have to force money out for that reason to fit in Galvin. But we look at that roster, you know, and people will say, oh, but it's because they're all getting unders. How many of them are on a million bucks? You've got superstars there trying on a million bucks.
Speaker 3: Or two on exactly, But what about they reckon that Preston Jacob Preston's on four fifty and Max King's on three fifty, and they're you for an upgrade? Now, No, they're going to be origin players. They're you for an upgrade. How they're going to fit them in later on? You know next year they're going to be worth a million like other clubs can just go in and get them. How they're going to get to fit them in? They might lose them now because of this Galvin guy, so.
Speaker 1: Leah Thompson, he hasn't had any of the headlines that Lachland the Alvin's had, or or anyone else for that matter. So he rejected an eight hundred k offer.
Speaker 3: To except four fifty four fifty Is that how much?
Speaker 1: Is that what you just said?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, no, I said that, Max King, Max King, Jacob Preston. They're you for renewals next year, so they're going to go up. They're going to go up to about eight hundred those two. So how are they going to fit them? To me?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Because of this Galvin and all these other guys to bring it in, they're going to be forced to have to having letting go on one of those guys, which which I think is criminal. It's stupid. They're going to bring later somebody's Jacob Preston or Max King. I don't know. It's just bizarre.
Speaker 4: Wasn't Moses involved in some sort of salary cap scenario? Not want to go as well? Look Isaac Moses, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, so no he was.
Speaker 1: He's he's been suspended twice. But to be fair, and I'm not defending the guy. I don't think either time he did anything that any of us haven't done. He got the last suspension was because he got Tim Manor to say something that wasn't true when they were being investigated. So they're different between your account does your taxes and and you're both bullshit it, right, So and that's why again he's been suspended twice, but he's also been brought back twice, So I don't think either one of them is too serious.
Speaker 3: And if he's been suspended for bullshing, then gold should be suspended like many times.
Speaker 4: That Yeah, the rump of NRL.
Speaker 1: So then Thompson gave up two hundred grand a season to join the Bulldogs. Wow, I'm looking at it now. Galvin's given up two hundred and fifty grand a season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so over three years, nearly a million or three quarters of a million.
Speaker 1: Two million dollars for Galvin, two million dollars is given up. So compared to the Tiger's offer, right, oh yeah, yeah sure, So having the other play what are the other guys on? It's a little it's a little ridiculousll.
Speaker 4: It smells like well, you know, for talks like it walks like, it smells like it.
Speaker 3: Right, how's Galvin going to feel if they do an audit and they get suspended and can get some big fine and deducted points for years or whatever I had to go to fill.
Speaker 1: Then that's what I said before when I said I feel for the fans because it's going to come. This will come back to buy the club in the eye, I.
Speaker 3: Think, so, yeah, yeah, that's if they I will do anything. But can you say them doing anything?
Speaker 1: Well, Well, the thing is there's too many other clubs make a noise now, so I don't have names, but and it's why they're reported in the media. It's not just I'm not saying it. There's been three or four other clubs who have come forward to the NRL about this, specifically complaining about field Gold and what he's doing so well.
Speaker 4: They haven't even The only update on NRL about Galvin because I looked at it, was that he's not playing Cowboys this weekend. That's it. Nothing else.
Speaker 1: No, he actually has a sign, you know, news nothing like you.
Speaker 4: Have to not as far to look if you're going to look for it. But yeah, it's pretty pretty interesting. But did you want to did you want to go do you want to go over eleven or are you going.
Speaker 1: To just go into Origin most or just go over its wolve? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Also Dragons beat the Broncos around.
Speaker 1: Eleven, so either you want to talk about that briefly?
Speaker 3: Oh not really, But that was a good game. Didn't see that coming, cracker of a game. It's only a shame that ben Hunt wasn't playing because it would have been nice if they bet them with ben Hunt playing. But that was But still I didn't expect I didn't see that coming at all, Dania. Honestly, I thought the Broncos were going to smash the Dragons. But what's happening with the Broncos? I should ask you, Tanya, what is happening with the Broncos?
Speaker 4: I just don't, you know, saying to nick En offense to everyone in New South Wales is thinking to this. But and we'll see, right, But the New South Wales Origin lineup is kind of like the Broncos. Awesome, all awesome players like great, look great on paper. But I think the issue with the Broncos is you have a lot of egos, do you know what I mean? Like even watching them, like Walter is trying to get across the line. Cory's always like, look dat, i'd be too proud and it's so bad. But you know, Karragan doesn't part like there's just they've just got so much crap that's going on in there.
Speaker 1: They complained about water's been too soft, now they're complaining about.
Speaker 3: Too hard exactly. Isn't that what they brought magic for for that root purpose alone?
Speaker 4: And then they got rid of mud and too po as well, like and you know, like.
Speaker 1: But did you see what he did? Another another brain surgeon? Right? Did you see why they got rid of him? Why they're getting rid of him? Well, like to comment, he liked to comment, trashing his coach. I mean again, you don't do that not knowing people are going to see it, right, Ezra Man, I know and you.
Speaker 4: Know that I'm not. This is my team, right, So I'm a bit harsh. But you can't punish one person for that where he hasn't harmed anyone, and then you're not punishing someone else for something where you did harm someone.
Speaker 1: But definitely and Cobo went on a podcast and trashed his coach a year ago, a year and a half ago, saying he current coach. So I think they're very careful to not let anyone get away with that sort of thing. Again, that's what, you know, It's what And let's face it, Martin to Power, how much first grade does he play?
Speaker 3: Anyway, he's getting on a bit, but still Martin to Powell'll give you a bit of a story about him. He's one of the human beings in rugby leg at them, I think because my late mate had a fundraiser, a brain cancer fundraiser, and he attended that and then a few months later he passed away and Martin to Powell ended up going to the funeral and everyone's asking him. He goes, oh, why are you here? He goes, well, you know, I was at the fundraiser as soon as though the news. I had to come and see, you know, to come to Kerry's funeral. And what about the club is a club? Already goes I don't care, you know, it just came here, you know, like he made his way to the just to support one my dad mate, who he doesn't know from a bar of soap. And that's the top of character that guy is. He's an one of a guy and the broncost are just treating like that and just throw him just for a like seriously come compared to the other stuff that others have done, he's an absolute cheaper.
Speaker 1: But even he has done nothing. I mean, he's done. He's not getting picked. He's pissed, right, but you don't take a public shot when you're a professional. Courage I always.
Speaker 4: Really liked when he would come on though, Like you know, I know he's considered a veteran now, but I always quite liked him, like he always brought something a bit of fresh freshness. And look, we can't kind of say that he's not playing as well when you have a few players like Wals she and that when they weren't injured, not playing very well and they're supposed to be these amazing like Galvin could be another Walsh, is all I'm saying, Like, I don't know what's happening with the Broncos. I'm really hoping, you know. I center thing to Nick that and Turbo's out for the Broncos game and they were like, oh, the superstar is out for this, And I was like, is he he considered a superstar?
Speaker 1: The temp?
Speaker 4: But no, I don't know, Artie. I just I just don't think they're going to do great this year.
Speaker 1: And I Cain.
Speaker 4: They've got a couple of years to come back, get out of their house.
Speaker 3: They showed that they can be such a good team. What they did to the brom Bulldogs. That's coming first and half of one half of football shows that they've got to win the camp. And I'm surprised if they don't make the eight. They won't make the eight. What they do after that is the big question. But I don't know. It's just bizarre to lose two three games. Is it two or was that the third game? They've listened wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure it's third. But they just they don't have the It's like that synergy thing I was talking about, like everyone was certain that the Doggies would do the Dolphins, and I actually tip the Dolphins because I love the Dolphins right and I watch how they play and how close they are, and you know, even their socials and what they talk about and everything else, and they just they have it doesn't matter if Hammers out for Origin, They've just still got it. They've got that synergy.
Speaker 1: What's funny this year? Already just said yeah, the Broncos will make you eight. You know what's funny about this year is that if you look at the ladder. At the moment, paramount is one point away from last place exactly, two and two points away from the eighth exactly.
Speaker 3: It's very close. It's very close. Three or four games you're win. Let's see you're in the eight like it's hard.
Speaker 4: Sorry, round twelve, sorry.
Speaker 1: Yes, just before we get around twelve, can we touch on Origin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sure, yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: It's a smart and I and we've spoken about the experts too busy talking about sad ugly Yeah, michelin Man feel good on Origin.
Speaker 4: He called Queensland and pumpkinheads. And I would like to send him a photo of himself.
Speaker 1: So I've said it for years, the ugliest man on television. I mean, when it comes to halftime, you got to get up and walk to the back of the room because when when they zoom in on him, it's just like spends on what size TV you But he's seriously, the guy's got footballs under his eyes. He's the ugliest man on TV. Seriously, he looks a lot like job of the Heart. But anyone that's neither he nor there.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts on the selections? First, go, are you guys happy with the selections. Is there anyone that you think should be there and should be there?
Speaker 4: We did the fantasy team, got some boxes. Yeah, we did the fantasy team. I think when you went on for like our chosen ones, but we were off Nick by a few.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty happy. So everyone's been asking me about Toya. Actually, like you did, Nick plays for the RUSS It's awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about him, to be honest player.
Speaker 4: We've got three debutantes as well. I'm pretty happy about this team. I'm pretty excited. Like you guys wouldn't follow it the Queensland Marines Instagram and just seeing like big Tina in the middle, which you have to admit. Nick and I love watching him play.
Speaker 1: Oh I always do. I think he missed last year series, didn't he he did? Yeah? He did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he missed the whole year almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like it's good because it might be well, not good, but DC might that might be the last year he's he's number seven, so maybe next year Diden's in that Diden's playing like he's brilliant. Colin's like, you know, yes he wears Rooster's jersey, but I'm happy that he's in.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 4: I thought Cobbo would be in that was one of all of our people. Happy that arthurs him as well. But yeah, I'm pretty I'm pretty happy. Like Karragan, I was us talking about it with the boys today. I was like, well, look, Monster's because I won't be with them tomorrow night when they're watching it. But like Monster's going to get into a fight, Karagan's going to get into a fight. They're basically the same, but you know different.
Speaker 1: It's interesting they did something. You might know more about this than I because I only caught it was looking through my phone at the airport this afternoon. Queens then have done something about Spencer lu They've put something up in the locker room going after him, which is awesome. That's what you want to see, right, I'm not sure if the details, I don't know if you guys, I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was a newspaper front something, something scrub or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Gus and Croydon apparently are going to go after Toya or something. And I'm like, you know so, But I was saying, I just hope Ponga doesn't ship the bed and DC.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be.
Speaker 4: I was going to go and God bless my mates, but they got super excited. So during Alfred everyone was getting really excited about the tickets going. Und One of my mates is like, I just bought a bunch of tickets, but he had also had a bottle of vodka so he didn't buy enough. But the tickets he brought out all in individual sections and I was like, look, I just want to go because it's it's rough.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 4: It's not like the stadium's in Sydney like some corpse. A bit of a mission to get to, especially for the Old Coast, even even Titans. I just wanted to sit at home in my jersey and scream at TV like that. I'm pretty happy with that. But I'll be in Brisbane tomorrow so every year because I've got a fair few clients and the New South Wales supporters, I'll be wearing jerseys into all my meetings tomorrow just to give people ship. But I'm excited. What do you guys think about your your lineup? It's a stuck team that you guys have.
Speaker 1: I'm happy with. I mean, I'm pretty happy with it. I don't know there's much or a change. I'm happy that Max King's getting a debut. I think he deserves it. I think it's come of the expense of error. May being a fool. Yeah again, you know, we touched on it earlier, the Penis players, the expeditive players to go on social media before the team's announced and say to his mate Chuck the Blues jersey in the bin. Well, Lourie Daily won't say a publicly, but he's obviously one fuck you mate, You're not getting considered. Yeah. So but you know what that that oppens the door for Max King, who George did call out two weeks ago. So he was right. He was definitely right on that, and the guy definitely I think earns it for me. The team, they should they should be favorites. I'm not sure if they are, but they should be favorites. I think it's a lot. We don't know how the Cleary Moses Colombo will go. They've never played together before, but Moses has played a lot of six. He predominantly plays on the right, as does Cleary, so Moses will be playing on the left. But I've got a feeling they're going to be switching all night. They're going to be going left and right all night. So it's interesting to see. I don't think necessarily. Clue will probably dominate the kicking game. It's hard to say. Moses has got such a great kicking game.
Speaker 3: Too, So he's an injury cloud.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's been past fit today, but there's still doubt. Burton was still called into the squad, so.
Speaker 3: Daily Daily confirmed that Campbell Graham will take his spot if he does pull out, So Campbell Graham will take the crime spot and Burton will go to eighteenth man. But yeah, it's concerning if he doesn't play. It's a huge loss if he doesn't play. I think Criton, yeah, this is the same.
Speaker 1: It is just a cork. So I'm not sure if that's the case or not, but cork. But yeah, he didn't he didn't do Captain's run and Captain's run is the easiest run of the week. But again, you know, with someone like Criton, if you're giving him up to a kickoff, you know you can because you know what you're going to get. It's a little bit like paying huss So I don't think is he playing. I don't think he's going to play. Well, he was the same thing. He was given all week off training. Again, some of these players you just if you're right on the night. That's that's all we need. We know that. Yeah, we're not we're not talking about rookies here. M hm.
Speaker 3: Any change that I the only one change that I would have made. I was surprised Tedesco didn't get ahead of Edwards. Edwards hadn't had a good season. He's been injured, he hasn't he's made a lot of errors. He's not Tedesco has been in career best form. So I was surprised they didn't go Teddy he was. That was the big shock for me. I honestly thought he would get it, just because because of his form. But that's the only concern. And with with the two halves, they're both dominant.
Speaker 1: Harbor so well, I think what works, I think what works Moses, I mean all of all of his Tigers career, he played at six, but he's no stranger to it. Yeah, and he's not. I don't think he's gonna have a problem taking a back seat. I think I think between them, I'll just work out where we are in the field and he'll go. I mean, they're both You've got two fantastic kickers, so if it works, it could be one of our best house combinations ever. Yeah, absolutely, which might which might see Moses ends up at Penrith or maybe clearly ends up a parrot. I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: They come off contract. Look at them.
Speaker 1: You'll get both of them. He'll get botha ga on the market next season. Yeah. Uh. They have the potential and a lot will depend on what happens around them, but they they have the potential. Absolutely fire together. Absolutely cleary. Let's face it. I think we called out the numbers two weeks ago. I think it was sixteen origins he's played or something I can't remember now. He doesn't have a highlight reel at all.
Speaker 3: Oh, not so plenty of I've been looking at that and not so plenty.
Speaker 1: Really, how many games did he decide a lot?
Speaker 3: He wants a series, he wants his full series.
Speaker 1: What impact did he have on that?
Speaker 3: Well, there was a game where they want fifty six nil and the one they went twenty to six. Yeah, seventy six to six in two games.
Speaker 1: And again again, what was his highlights in those? Have a close look.
Speaker 3: I did. He made some brilliant runs. It was a click person game to a guy. Yeah, but that was a long time ago. That's what we don't remember when it.
Speaker 1: Comes to Origin. The only if you look closely, the only time Cleary has done any good in Origin is when the games are in the bag, when there's no pressure. Have a looked closely, have a look at the score lines, have a look at when he did what he did when it's twenty or thirty points ahead. He's never taken an Origin game by the scruff of the net. Everyone's saying, it's not just me. All the forty experts are saying it as well. He's never taken an Origin game by the scruff of the neck.
Speaker 3: It comes.
Speaker 1: There was one series that he won where he came off injured and Maloney replaced him in turned the game around and won it.
Speaker 4: I do remember watching, not that I'm focused on New South Wales anyway, but I don't remember any any great things coming from No you know, Okay, that's purely because I don't watch New South Wales players.
Speaker 3: Actually I actually did some research on this right and his first game. He was twenty years old when he made his debut in twenty eighteen, which is six years ago. It's a very long time. And they won their first game twenty to twelve and the second one twelve ten, so they won the series. That was after the Queensland dominance, you know. Then he played in the second one and they won that series as well, and then he lost to the third series. He lost in twenty twenty. But then in twenty twenty one, the first game they won fifty to six. He's starting that. They won twenty six nil. He's starting that. And then he got injured and then Moses played and they lost twenty eighteen the last game, and that was Moses's debut. So I don't understand where this hate comes from. When I actually found it art, it's not it's not hate.
Speaker 1: It's just that he's never dominated an Origin game.
Speaker 3: I actually found an article in that in game this is from news dot com whatever it is. Game one they lost eighteen fourteen in twenty twenty. In game two, they wrote an article after the game saying Nathan Cleary had an absolute blinder on Wednesday night, striking off recent criticism to lead New South Wales to a series leveling thirty four ten win against in Game two in the Origin series.
Speaker 1: As we all saw what Moses did last year.
Speaker 3: Give me one game and then give me one game.
Speaker 1: I was telling you the game, no one remembers it. What did he do in that game? Which game is that?
Speaker 3: Ardi which was in twenty twenty four years ago? That's what I reckon. We've just forgotten about it. I think it's just something that's happening, which is forgot was a long time.
Speaker 4: Boys asking me if Cleary has been in Origin, and I was like, which game was it?
Speaker 1: Exactly two or three?
Speaker 3: Game two? They lost the first one eighteen fourteen, and they went to the second one thirty four to ten, and then it's got here an a real legend. Andrew Johns was among those calling for clear.
Speaker 1: To be dropped. And you know what Nathan clearly did in that game. I do remember all the conversions because I'm looking at it now. Courdie Walker, James the disco car, Jack White and Daniel Tuper at a car Clearly didn't score a try and he didn't have a series.
Speaker 3: But it says here, but it's just but the young gun showed why he's the best topic in the state. Having a hand in everything is bread. Fridless Troops destroyed the Maroons on his exceptional kicking game. Clearated. We spoke about it during the week. We weren't too happy with the way we're finishing our sets, and and basically it's giving him a big wrap. So I don't know what that's come from. Because they won that game.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone knows where to come from. And you're picking one game from five years ago that no one's remember. That's his third series.
Speaker 3: He wants to clear.
Speaker 1: It's not about winning the series, it's about owning the series. So may no, no, no, not when you're talking about an individual players influence on the series.
Speaker 4: Yes, well do you know that. Yes, we don't believe that one person makes them better. Can I ask why was at Oca not picked? And hawsebar by the way? I shouldn't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean it's pretty hard to go pretty hard to go past low Maxatoo. But yeah, I was a little bit surprised about I thought I thought he would have been big for sure.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I cannot wait to see Jesse Arthur's run on you know, you know in Queensland all the Girls because of the Broncos game, because he got dacked during the game. It had been that video has been on repeat and so many of I don't know if you saw Nick but seventy nights minute and he saw his bum. All the girls have lost their mind. Absolutely. I'm just happy to see him play. To be fair, I hope they have tied a panton because they need to play the game and not distract the crowd. But I'm just I'm super excited, like to have him in Harry Grant Love like, I probably wouldn't change it. I like we've always done well when we've had debutantes come in. I think in previous years, it's going to be fresh, it's going to be home ground. It's very and I actually can't wait for them to pronounce how do I pronounce finish.
Speaker 3: ARCHI yeah, that guy, Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: He is very good because they love announcing homicide like that.
Speaker 1: There's an article on seven News all right, Channel seven News from seven hours ago about Nathan Cleary widely regarded as the best player in the world, leading leading Penrith dynasty blah blah blah blah blah. But even but even even then, halfback has to answer questions as to whether he's ever owned an Origin series since his debut in twenty eighteen. In that time, he's had a seven seven winning record for New South Wales seven wins, seven losses, helping the Blues take the series wins to three series. The main criticism of Cleary is he's yet to taste victory in either of the two deciders he has played. While most of New South Wales wins have been one sided games. It seems to be a common thread and he's talked about in the lead up. There you go, it's exactly what I just said. All the games where he did something where they had big, easy wins and there was no pressure. He played in two deciders, there is nothing most has played in one decider and he owned it.
Speaker 4: But how you feel about clear is how I feel about Tedesco.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I hated Clary before meeting you guys and even talking to you guys last year, and this is you hated who that's Cleary and me. But now I really like Clary, so.
Speaker 1: I quite like him. I think he's One thing I like about Cleary is that I think it's his dad's influence. When and Penrith have every right to the way they've been over the last five years have a been a vegle, even though some of them take it too far. I think he's always been removed from that. He's always been very mature and very and he even stopped. He even cut out the ship aircuts a year a year or two ago. So no, I think he cares me. I mean, look, he carries himself one and he's brilliant for Penrith, but he just he has not yet done it for New South Wales. He hasn't been when when when you've got to stand up being in deciders or in close games like that article just laid it out. He's only done good things in games where they smash Queenslan what twenty or thirty points, which is to say he hasn't done it under pressure.
Speaker 3: So we'll see, we'll see, we'll.
Speaker 4: See how does the mill go in origin. I just think.
Speaker 1: He always gets well and he's playing his best position at center.
Speaker 3: I believe that's crue, that's correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Heady reckons the win tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: He's South Wales by thirteen.
Speaker 4: I say that playing home ground. We've got fresh guys, I reckon. We've got a really good team.
Speaker 1: It's a complete it's a complete New South Wales. We've got a star started lineup right, it's a complete, complete stetup for an ambush if I've ever seen one. It is Queensland. That's right, one of those unexpected five style wins. So it'd be really interesting to stay. I mean Billy Slater credit to him. He's taking some gambles too. Yeah, you know, he's taking some risks. So's he's not afraid to take risks, which says a lot. Yeah, he's coming off a loss, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just I get So what do you reckon that? What do you reckon it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: I'm actually going to get I actually put my tip in this morning and I'll put Queensland to win eighteen sixteen. I just feel like, because it's a Suncorp it's like Nick said, typically this is a Queensland ambush. I can just say it coming. It's the South Wales team he's start started with two the best Mitchell and Cleary playing there is unbelieve but it's got Queensland written to I don't know what.
Speaker 1: It is, so can I just can I just say one thing, which is going back to the point that I started to make about Cleary. I know we got sidetracked and I know this is going to sound I forgot my initial point of what I was going to say, because he hasn't dominated Origin when it mattered, right, But the point that I wanted to make, and this is going to sound ridiculous, because him and jerame lewell I won four premierships in a row together. I think having someone like Moses beside him is going to unlock him. It's going to give him a chance to be better than we've ever seen him be at Origin level. Personally, it might not. They could Backfi drome Lewe has never really cut it in Origin either. He did last year ironically without Cleary beside him. So I just I think the whole point that I was trying to make was that I think having a player like Moses which will take pressure off Cleary because he doesn't have to be the kicker if he's not in a position to do so, you know what I mean, You've got the other best kicker in the game there as well. So I actually think, I actually think there's a real potential for these two that really fire together.
Speaker 4: You know, I just just hope it's just a good one. Like I don't want to see this. What game was I watching the other day where it was just all penalties? I do want to see two points and then four.
Speaker 1: It's very differently ten. It's like it's like the Grand Well.
Speaker 4: No, but last year that when you guys won the Origin, I went to just I think it's just before I met you guys. It was like, I don't know, fourteen eight, Like I just I want to see high scores, lots of aggression, you know, I just want a really good Origin game. That's what I want.
Speaker 3: And we don't want someone sent off in the first five minutes. They did a couple of years again destroy the whole game.
Speaker 1: I remember that if you don't want to get set off, don't do something stupid.
Speaker 3: That was ridiculous. That was ridiculous, and.
Speaker 4: You know what that poor kid has been.
Speaker 1: But for me, for me, that was a please send off. It was.
Speaker 3: But it ruined the game.
Speaker 1: It did, of course it did. It did. God, we're all looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to ring. Probably went to the phone. I'll have to wait for her to call me back on Thursday, and I want to hear a complain about the referee decisions and whatever else it is.
Speaker 4: You know, knowing me, I would we lost last year at the game. It was probably one of the best losses because for me, well we're up by seven anyway, that's fine. So I'm holding into that seven that I love a good game. Like like last year, I had all these new Sol supporters just giving to me. I was like, I don't care, like if it's a good game and the rules go out the window anyway, right, I just want high points and just you know, Caragan blowing up and like you know, the trell like scoring and doing much stupid.
Speaker 1: I want him to go after Spencerenia because to see him get smashed.
Speaker 4: He'll be on the side to say something or it.
Speaker 1: Could backfire because the guy doesn't back down.
Speaker 4: So it surprise dumb Kragan's playing after he basically cut his whole mouth open.
Speaker 1: Wild Yeah, did you hear what? Who was it? It wasn't Madge, who was the captain with Madge? The press conference was it was? It was it Reynolds. I can't remember whoever was there that said there's nothing wrong with him and he didn't need He used it as an excuse to get some plastic surgery to face up. But yeah, he's just making a joke about it. But they basically played it down, so I don't think it was that. It was certainly not as bad as the Dolphins player got his nose flattened last week. So why don't we start with that around two? Yeah, so he.
Speaker 4: He was great. Did you guys watch his game?
Speaker 1: I did. It was so I was, you know, as you know Ten, As you know Ten, I lived five minutes away from the stadium. It was torrential rain that was. But you know, both teams playing the rain Dogs were missing obviously their origin stars and Preston's a big suspension, sorry.
Speaker 4: And tries they were missing.
Speaker 1: Trust they're actually missing like ten or eleven players all up to be fair. But having said that, they were playing the Dolphins, they weren't playing Melbourne, you know, so they should have done better than than losing forty four eight. That's for damn sure Dolphins. But the Dolphins, they've they've had a couple of surprises this year. I mean, look what they did to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Right, But Dolphins are like that, you know how I said, like raiders. There's all these like warriors to our I don't know if I said last year, but there are these like sneaky little teams that are like cowboys. They can start coming through and Dolphin's third year. It'sycho did conversions with me.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't ride anything into it into the Bulldogs because I know one player shouldn't make that much difference. But a massive loss for them. But look, they're still in first place. They've lost two games, so you can you know they're not They're not a team that's been galvanized for three or four years that they're at the start of that. So they're going to drop a game here, I don't look at to me, it's one of those it's one of those nice that you just leave behind straight away and you definitely won't see the same team.
Speaker 4: Game fifteen minutes done a huge brooch his nose and then they were saying in you know, the half time they obviously fixed it, but when it was broken, it was so flat like most Cooper Kronk you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Hard to look at it either way. Kronks were tired. Why doesn't he give that damn nose fixed?
Speaker 4: He's got it fixed before, and he's got it fixed.
Speaker 1: It, so you speak serious? Yeah, really, really you it looks like looks like.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Herbie did his sixth try six game in a row as well, Graham, so we had two. So Francis Molo I was reading into him. So he came from the Dragons, right, Yeah, his brother still plays at the Dragons.
Speaker 1: His first I said to you, well, he was another one. He was.
Speaker 3: He was for what was it, passionate lee Vardie mental illness, my mental health.
Speaker 1: Mental health. And he scored his first try for the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: He looks like he could be related to Chorus how he's actually related to Anthony Milford because I was like, who is this guy? He looked familiar. He was really good, Harrison Graham, He's going to be awesome. He like I like to see people when they even debutantes, or people when they first moved to a new club, like when they score trying their first game or second game. I think that's yeah.
Speaker 1: The Dolphins were. I mean, that was so good. That was so good. I expected more from front of the Dogs. But again there's there's there's no harm in slipping up. But they're going to slip up. You know.
Speaker 4: Last time Dolphins played I think they played the Eels. Last time they were in Sydney. A psycho blew up, which I never see, right, And he's just a different kind of beast this year, like he's just there's just he's doesn't take ship anymore. Katoa obviously like, I just I really love this team. Meg said, you can't change. You've always loved the Bronchos, and I'm like, well, Dolphins are kind of like the Broncos, you know, I love them that very.
Speaker 1: They're doing really I mean there's two big wins on the road in Sydney. Yeah, you know, so that's that's And again people say, oh the weather, Well if I mean the weather didn't favor anyone, but if it's going to hamper someone, it would likely hand for a team that comes from sunny Brisbane than a team that comes from Gmore, you know.
Speaker 4: So and I Jodge is very offended about me not calling Bennett's super coach by do know? Artie agreed with me, and probably Nick too. But it's nice to see that, you know, he's left Dolphins and they haven't completely crumbled. I think Christian Will doing a great job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a bit of a slow start, but a lot of the coaches.
Speaker 4: Have yeah right, like they haven't.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 4: They have more of an excuse in all these other clubs that have been around for ages.
Speaker 3: I was just going to say the Dolphins had an awful start because of the cyclones, and since then they've sort of come back. And Christian Will's first year, he's gotten the scalp of Dessy Cleary, Bellamy Ryles and now Soroaldo. So he's won five games against some pretty good coach. He's still pretty well.
Speaker 1: One of those games they left half their team at home because you know, so they're doing they're do. I mean, they had a slow start, but they're doing really well. They are. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only thing I've got to worry about with the Bulldogs is, you know, the Broncos put thirty on him in one half, and the Dolphins did put thirty on him in one half as well. I know they're missing a lot of players, but still.
Speaker 1: Cambery age them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, So I don't know's it's not really signs of a team that's going to win a camp because you don't cop that many points in halves, you know what I mean, They've got they've got to really tie up. I think that's a bit of a worry if I was a Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: So how does that Bulldogs team respond knowing that the hook has been pushed out, someone's been brought is going to reshuffle the pack. It's interesting best parties. Of course, they're playing US next week, which means gavinll debut against US, and I've probably put fifty on us, but anyway.
Speaker 3: You don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was an impressive performance by that And I think that Catoo guy, that guy special. That guy is a very very good halfback. He's a future I think New South. He's phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Talking about amazing players exactly, that's what we talk about.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think he stands out more than what I've seen of Galvin, to be honest, because I thought last year he was good and this year is even better. To the next level. He's very impressy.
Speaker 4: And I would say the Dolphins have a very good pr team because besides Hammer in BALI last years, Walsh and not taking selfies with people, and why should they because they're on holiday. You never see any of those guys having issues and Dolphins they keep their nose explain they're like Cata just we were watching him. He just got absolutely steamrolled. But I forget who it was. He just popped straight up. Here's the biggest. He's a workhorse, he's brilliant. I don't want him to play for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the dogs bounce back. I'm sure they'll be all right next year. Next week, So what are the tips?
Speaker 1: Sorry? I went, I went winning both thirteen.
Speaker 3: Did you say you had Queen's Queensland and ten Queensland?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Didn't you want to talk about the next game from last week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, I live just did three, two, one and all these tite We got the three points, Dona who the broken nose man got the two and the fine Worth got the one point. For that game over Eels, I thought he scored a try it.
Speaker 4: I was like, what's your face?
Speaker 3: He was good?
Speaker 1: Who I like it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Eels and Seagulls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was thirty to ten over mainly both teams missing origin players. But for me, you know, in all, honestly, this is the best para performance I've seen so far this year, just because they're still in defense. Mainly threw a lot at them. It wasn't a great game, but I was. I was definitely happy with I was definitely happy with the win. Young Papali who debuted the Youngster who they signed for Cannery. He he's only played full back of five eight but Will Perassini got knocked out in the first sackle of the game. Yeah, so Papoali came on and played center for the whole game and he scored a try and I think he had an a sister as well. Yeah, played really well the full back.
Speaker 3: How good is the fullback?
Speaker 1: He played really well. Dean Hawkins four triases right, which again, again, if you're a Newcastle You've got to be shitting your pants about Dylan Brown. I mean, yeah, again, this is the game with Dylan Brown stands up because Moses isn't there and he's standing. Dean Hawkins has got four triases. Dylan Brown did nothing. You've got to be You've got to be nervous if you're a nervy Castro And surely, wow, I think they signed him to play number seven. They're gonna get a rood Shark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, young.
Speaker 4: He is someone that I absolutely love in the Eels.
Speaker 1: He's improving a Lot's his biggest weakness, which is he's got what ten games or whatever, twelve games he's one on one defense. But he'll improve, he'll improve with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I really like him. There's a couple of you know, because obviously I watch all the games, but like, he's a really he's a really good player. You can see, like you said, he's developing. But I was talking to Nick, but he's like, yeah, I'm happy with the defense. I was like, oh my god, just give him a compliment Nick, the one I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it starts. It starts. Defense causes upsets. Any any good team starts with a good defense.
Speaker 4: I think Hapaway was the only one that played for the Eagles that day.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 3: He played it awesome. He's been really good all year, to be honest. But your mate was playing there, Jake Arthur liked, So.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. We're an extra man. So it's up because I was counting the buying this. But this is our first actual back to back wins for the season, so I'll take you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. It was good. It was a good win. Sixteen ten half time, and then Paramatta just went on. I thought mainly were lucky to get the sixteenth ten, but anyway.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of there's a lot of really good defense in the second half. Absolutely, so I was very happy with that, very happy Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's Rolls first year. Maybe the players are starting to get used to his system now, that's why, and we're starting to see it come through. So it's good to see. So good win by the Eels takes them off the bottom off the ladder. They've moved up a couple of spots down believe the last exactly. Yeah, what's three to one through to one thing? Hawkins got the three, he's young, he got the two, and Leo hop Waite he got the one. No, nice but young. He's been fantastic, he's been really good. Really good bye for you guys, you know, missings and.
Speaker 1: Now it was always going to be it was always going to take a while. Yeah, kids started the Sea with one first grade game under his belt. Again, you know, Power haven't started with a first choice back line yet, right, it hasn't happened yet due to injury and and Bailey Simonson he was our best back and then he broke his foot out for ten weeks. Lomax broake his foot and was out for five weeks whatever it was his foot. So it it's always going to take it's always going to take time. I think. I think in the first five games, I think when we played the Tigers in round seven, we had five players with less than ten first grade games experience, but on that day, so he's definitely gone with the youth and you know it's just going to take time. And I'm not I'm not, as Tenure knows, I'm not the most patient person. Frustrated.
Speaker 4: The Eels home jersey too, so.
Speaker 1: Actually, go, I don't like the away jersey. They look like twistis understand, it's all I don't like it's all yellow. They should have blue shorts. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's Yeah, it's good. I think like a moment's be super dirty all that Natty. Yeah, that's great game.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a really good game. The next game really surprised me because Newcastle me going so poorly twenty five to six over PENRITHT Now, I know Penrith obviously that of their origin players, Newcastle didn't have Ponger. I wasn't expecting that result. I really wasn't.
Speaker 3: No one was no, I don't think anyone. A few people just because of Newcastle's bad form, but Penrith were pretty weak. They had a lot of players out. You know Martin Cleary, Yoe, what's his name Edwards's quite so there's a big list. Look, I haven't got as much depth as I had other years. That's unfortunate for it's been stripped.
Speaker 1: I've got no I've got no criticism of Penrith this year whatsoever. That that club has been stripped. Yeah, so hard over the last three seasons. You just can't produce youngsters that quickly. You just you just can't. And I mean I thought they've done so well to even to even get to where they were at the end of last season. Consumering all the time they've lost. It's gotta it's going to hit a wall at some point, and it's happening now. Yeah, I don't know. You know, here's the other thing. Penalth renowned for resting all their origin players after Origin. Yeah, well we're playing. They're not going to rest anyone because they're at the bottom of the ladder.
Speaker 3: So it can't afford to. They have to win games now. But Dylan Lucas was outstanding for the Knights. Scored three tries, could have scored a fourth he dropped it. But the kid, this kid's a star. Fletcher Sharp also played well back to full back instead of playing in the half he's a good play Fletcher Sharp, Yeah, I don't think he's a half.
Speaker 1: Though they were held up a couple of times where they had almost certain tries. It was a great great one on one defending.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a good window the nights much needed. The coach would have been sweating it. Another loss there, but they got the point. Lee Henry got as simbing in the twenty second minute, which didn't help as well for Penrith. But yeah, Penrith just nothing. They just add nothing. They don't have the troops.
Speaker 1: They don't. That's right, and obviously confidence is down and it's a big test. I mean, if I was I having clearly, now is the time i'd be looking at changing clubs. Yeah, you've got your legacy. I'm sorry, I'm sorry to say the legacywever right. I'm sure there are plenty of clubs who take him, don't you think for premierships in a row. Yeah, I think there's a lot of clubs that would take him.
Speaker 4: I feel like Bronco is a like he should stay, wanted. I reckon he should stay.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he will. I'm just saying if he's smart, yeah, but he could walk away, you know, not really need.
Speaker 3: When you think of Manchester United, you think of Sir Alex Ferguson because he was there for twenty odd years and he made them too. That's what Clearic can end up being, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He can.
Speaker 3: Look Bellamy, look at Bellamy.
Speaker 1: How many sur Alis Ferguson's are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bellamy Bellamy's similar mold and I think Clearic can do the same if he stays for twenty years.
Speaker 1: So he may well do. He may well. I think he's in his mid fifties. Okay, he may well do. But I'm just saying, like I can't see what Penis did in the last four years. I don't say that in the next ten years. I really don't. Yeah, because they've lost them. I don't forget a lot of their junior is underneath that we're not familiar with. We were talking about the Paramatter fullback five minutes ago. He came from Penis. Red money has become available, and every Paramatter fan that I've seen is saying, well, there's no way do not consider bringing him back. We've got the youngster now, who we've got from Penrith. You know, there's so many juniors from Penrith that are spread out O'Sullivan. Is he still the Dolphins. There's there's all these youngsters from Penrith who couldn't get into first grade who have gone abroad, you know. So it's not just the superstars they've lost. They've lost a lot from underneath as well.
Speaker 4: Broncos have like one of the biggest pool and they're not using them. Like yeah, just like again the trell Seguel like all these and he's just brilliant.
Speaker 1: That kid.
Speaker 4: He should go to Penrith because he is amazing. Because that's the other thing, Like what's worse is that that Penrith isn't you know? Or or Broncos has such a massive fishing pond they're not using it. I would I'm like Ardie, I feel like people should stay and see it out and if not, go to a fresh one like Purse.
Speaker 3: Do you find a strange how someone like Lachland Galvin, right, who wants to go to a club that and win a camp, didn't even think about goin to Penrith. Or wouldn't Miaac Moses approach Clear and say, hey, you're interested in having honestly Alvin play against Lee Cleary. Imagine Cleary having Galvin next to him, but I never even think about it.
Speaker 1: I don't actually, I honestly believe pen three years away from a premiership, probably because they're not. And again it's not a criticism. They've just lost so much talents. I mean they're coming there last after twelve rounds. You know, they've lost so much talent. They're not a premiership threat.
Speaker 4: It's good for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, players like for Parley left the title. Yeah. I still don't know why I left Parrot, but anyway, he went to the Titlers fell apart. He's gone to Peniti thinking I'm going to Penrith and how's that working out for you? Mate? You're about to get your your third wooden spoon in a row by the looks of it. I just think it's going to take him a long time to come back from this. It just los too much talent. I mean again, there's that layer like the young Geys and the smith and there's that layer underneath that we're not too familiar with that they're you know again, I look at them. I didn't even know the hooker came from Penrith, but he did. Yeah, so there's there's a there's a fair few of those guys spread out around the competition. Yeah, mm, which is hard. You can't keep everyone either, So that's right.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't have picked it, even even knowing even in I don't know September, knowing all these people leaving, you wouldn't have picked this ladder.
Speaker 1: Oh, no way, no way. Like I said, Paramatter at one point away from last and two points out of the eight after four rounds.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: So so yeah.
Speaker 3: Is it a common though that when there's the two Grand Final teams, one of them never makes the eight the following year and saw Storm and Penrith, so one of them had to get the chop and its Beenrith this year I got.
Speaker 1: I got criticized from Pillar at the post when I said that, because I don't want to take anything away from this penwith side there one four comps in a row. But I just think they haven't had an opponent. You know. They played Melbourne in the first one they lost, and they played Melbourne in the fifth one which they won. But in between everyone they played, they beat Paramatter, they beat Brisbane, they beat South. All of these teams didn't even make the eight the following year, so it's not It's not like it's not like remembering Grand finals of the past. Sometimes you had the doubles Cambell, Penrith and Brisbane and George and mainly like you had you had the same two teams battling it out. You know, they haven't had that. You know, all their all their opponents that they've played in the Grand Final got up there from obscurity and then fell down into obscurity the following season.
Speaker 3: But that's been happening for years. It's only not the last four.
Speaker 1: It's you know, I'm just saying it would have been interesting to see them if, if Melbourne didn't go through a transformation themselves, if it would have been good to see a Penish battle with someone for that period.
Speaker 3: We all thought Bristine was going to be that same. Yeah, but we all did, didn't we.
Speaker 1: But they did. They did what usin Para did as well, exactly fell out of the picture completely the following season. So yeah, we were three to one.
Speaker 3: For this until Lucas three, Fletcher Shop two and Tyson Brazil got the one for the so.
Speaker 4: Rasters.
Speaker 1: My god, this was another one, forty two to sixteen over the Sharks.
Speaker 4: We normally play. How do they playing Gosford.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, I think take one year. I think, yeah, what a game by the russ is How good are they? No one saw this coming because the Sharks are full, full stocked. They haven't got no players playing in Origin and the truck said a few. And they've got all these youngsters that came through. How coulds this Marky Marco going on the wing, on the in the centers and Blake Steep. They've got all these youngsters coming out of nowhere. And I heard a rumor today that Sanders Smith is linked with Paramatta. Do you hear about that one?
Speaker 1: They're linked with every five eight in the camp now because because Dylan Brown's leaving and they did insign Galvant. So I don't know how much truth there is to it.
Speaker 3: He's good player if you get him, he's good.
Speaker 1: Again for mine we have I don't know how Jason Rowles is thinking, but we have the six. They're already The kid was signed from the Bulldogs, but I don't know if that's the way he's going to go on. I'd be happy to get Sander Smith, but I don't think he's an off contract at the end of next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, they're saying we're going to release one or that because they've got Savala as well, and DC is more or less done deal.
Speaker 1: He kicks. He kicks Sis from seven in this game, so and he kicked the penalty goal as well. So it'd be pretty handy having Moses, lam Max and Smith in your team when it comes to goal kicking. But now the Roosters, Yeah, they were very impressive.
Speaker 3: They were very impressive. And the and the Storm Sharks are coming off a win against the Storm last week like that, a very impressive win against the Storm. And then they come into Shark Park at Shark Park too, wasn't it yes?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: And then yeah, and it was actually a game. It was a game, yeah, and they bloom off the park the desk. I was unbelievable. There was one try that he was involved in. I think he scored it, which was phenomenal where it started from deep in their half. They're just playing really good football. What do you think of the Ronaldo Malaitana simbining was a pretty ugly hit on that Marky Mark isn't he becoming a bit of a grow now?
Speaker 1: It's interesting because the Sharks are city fifth, so they're not in the top four but to have no origin representation I know, and they haven't had one for a while.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'll come Nico Hines is the only one they've had that I can't remember exactly.
Speaker 1: Still hasn't come back from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. But the Roosters are building quite a good back line. That guy is going to make his debut for the Queensland. They've got Marky Mark on one side, Tom Young Way to return, Zabvard. This young kid came on and scored on debut. They've just got all these youngsters coming I don't know where. They're building very nicely and I think next year they're going to be a big force, if not this year, but very impressive, very disappointing for the Sharks. As the Sharks fan, I'd be so devastated, especially after beating Melbourne. Expect a lot more, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It just tells you a lot about this competition, that isn't it? Week on week you just you don't know what to expect.
Speaker 4: The craziest year of NRL, it really is.
Speaker 1: It really is. It's so hard to it week to week you just don't know what to expect. Yeah, how do we go for the points in this one, I.
Speaker 3: Think three points to the disco Blake Steve got the two and Kyle Irow got the one point. He's been playing well for the Sharks. See him. Yeah he's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think he grabbed the try as well. He did yeah, yeah, standing and it was a short round because of the obviously origin. And on Sunday the Raid is sixteen to ten over the Warriors in I just want to I want to see Camber. I just want to see Camber leos So because I love watching Rickie Stewarts pres conference.
Speaker 4: I love he should He's great.
Speaker 1: Irritates me.
Speaker 4: I do worry about his jaw. He should actually be a sponsor, like he should be sponsored by Extra with all the gun that he choose.
Speaker 1: I forget. He came to paramedic for one year, gave us to woodspoon and walked out early. He did a Lochlan yelling on us. He didn't lock yelling on us under contract, walked out early right, left us with a spoon.
Speaker 3: But no, well there you go. He went to his love of his life. Yeah, he didn't leave you for nothing.
Speaker 1: But that makes it okay. So we have these contract conversations. The thing, look, he's the most. He's entertaining, right, but he just he just irritates me when he's He always says in his press conferences. Yeah, I'm not going to say because people call me a window, it's because you're always wingy. He's literally always wingy.
Speaker 4: He is not the worst coach.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that. I didn't say that, but you know what, look at his track record. I don't rate any coach who wins the camp in their first year. You know, there's a huge amount of luck involved with him. It was a team that Graham Murray built. You may you may not remember this tad, but the Roosters Graham Murray built. That team took him to a Grand final. They lost it two years later. Ricky Schuer in his first season, same team, they won the Grand final. That's great. I think he lost two Grand finals after that. He lost another one a few years ago. So he won the company's first year. That was twenty three years ago, right, So to call him a premiership winning coached, yeah he is. But he did it in his first season and he's done nothing since.
Speaker 3: He's made grand finals. That's still good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with that Rooster's team, I think he lost too and The next Grand Final was what thirteen years later, and he lost that with Camber. Yeah yeah, I mean, but that's not I don't think they were ever expected to win that anyway.
Speaker 3: But so Brian Smith never won a Grand Final. I think I love him as a coach, so he's a great coach, but it's just not he never won a Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm not saying Ricky Stewart's a bad coach. I'm just saying I don't have him in my top five. I can guarantee that he said.
Speaker 4: Something interesting about after the guy's got fines. But did you say He's like, we can't discipline aggression because our game houses promote aggression. We've got to be real careful that we don't scrutinize aggressive actions in the game that's molded on pere aggression. You know, I just like him. He's consistent. You watch Bennett who just sits there with no expression. The Bulldogs coach looks.
Speaker 1: Like like just that's bitter style.
Speaker 4: No, I know, but when I watch them all, like Christian Wolf doesn't really do much, but like he kind of sits there. But you know, when you see Ricky Stewart, you know he's going to be on the sideline.
Speaker 1: He's going to be like and that's what I hate. That's what I hate, because he's not a sideline coach. You know why he goes on the sideline. If you guys remember if you think back to Brad Fittler coach the Roosters for a while, right, I think it was two years and he finished the woodspoon. He got sacked when in his first couple of games the media blew up this story about look at Bradfield, like how cool, calm and collected he is. He never looked right once that was a story. He felt like he had to be like that all the time. Micky Stewart came down on the sideline. He got praised so much that he does it more for the media attention on himself, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: At least he's consistent, but he's not.
Speaker 1: If he was, he'd be there on the sideline every week. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Nick, if you watch the soccer in the EP or the Italian soccer, all coaches are on the sidelines. No one's up the top, weed, how our coaches have to go up the top and on the sideline.
Speaker 1: It's a better view from the box. You can see more.
Speaker 4: Even the ep L.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, what are they doing on the side, and he's like, well, they all stand on the side, and I was like, well, that's what I would do. I'll be standing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'd be in the box because it's it's a better view from up there. You can see more.
Speaker 3: I'd have an assistant in the box to sort of shoot down anything, and I'll be on the ground. I'dn't prefer to be next to the players shouting instructions and stuff.
Speaker 1: Feeling I can see. I just think you can see more.
Speaker 3: You probably can't, Yeah, absolutely you can. I don't know having the players seeing you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unapologetically himself, I love this game, and I do really like the Warriors. But one they would do for a loss, and two, you know, they felt everyone that you know, I was seeing and just really thought they had in the bag because the Warrior has been winning at home. But let's not forget camera plays in those very similar conditions all the time that they have hold wet you know.
Speaker 1: But I love by the way, he's doing an amazing job with camera. He's doing an amazing job. You know, he reckoned. It's it's hard it's hard to attract talent down there, so he's gone for that. You know, he did it a few years ago by bringing in the English players for while on. That worked, they got into a Grand Final. Now he's taking a different tact where he's just he's bleeding youngsters and it's working.
Speaker 4: Credit him for a very loved Like I was talking at Greg Byrd a couple of months ago and he's like, I never played for them, but some of my one of my favorite teams are Raiders. Like all my footing mates, they all have this thing. I don't know if it's just Raiders. A lot of them have met Ricky Stewart, like one of my mates who Chris like, he loves the Raiders. He's he's quite big and commentating n RL and stuff in New South Wales is awesome. And it's whether they've interacted with him, you know, personally or something, or whether they see camera. I don't know. I kind of go because I think it was years ago we had a lot of Queensland players playing camera. So I'm like, well, they're technically a Queensland team. Take what I can get. Take Melbourne take camera. Yeah, it's just something something about them but I thought the game it was really good, super aggressive. I didn't think it was too aggressive. I don't know what was the fine for. What are the guys?
Speaker 3: What was it for?
Speaker 1: Do you know? I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was something about them being tarpaning and someone else being aggressive.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they had inflatable baseball bats in the elevator.
Speaker 4: I just I thought it was a really good game of footy.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. It was a slog fest. It was one of those grinding games.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a George Rompey special. He would have loved this game. It was just he's just going at it.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't, so I didn't. Again, I was away. I was away for the last few days, so I didn't see.
Speaker 4: Ricky Stewart commentary.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't see it, then, I'm talking about Stewart in general. I've been watching the guy his whole career. One of my favorite players, by the way, But I didn't see the Saturday Night of Sunday games.
Speaker 3: It was a very good grinding game. Both teams sitting second and third Raiders could be number should be number one if they didn't put the Q in the rack against the Dogs and beat them. They'd be number one, but they have played so well. Their defense on the line was fantastic. But credit to the Warriors too. They were throwing everything at him. And this young kid metcalf is another superstar that's coming out of the would work. I think he's been really good. There was three sinbins in this game, one for Harsbrough, I think Clockstad and Starling, So there was three bins. This came out. Everything was aggression was it was just it was just a really good hard game. But what hard foot game? Hard foot win by the Raiders against a really good Warriors team. Who are I think one of the coaches when they interviewed him playing against the Warriors said it was one of the hardest teams to break down in defense, the Warriors. He's doing a fantastic job. Webster. His third year now his first year, got them in the top four. I think this year, if he gets into the top four, he's on the way to becoming a really good coach, one that might win a premiership in a year or two.
Speaker 1: And here he was another one who had a really slow start to the season. Yeah, yeah he did.
Speaker 3: He lost well, there be lost two games, I think two or three, so I think it was the first month he got smashed. They played in the Vegas game. These two played in the Vegas smashed him and everyone. I thought, oh god, what is it going to be crap? But then after that they won, Well how many games?
Speaker 1: Is it great?
Speaker 4: I'm glad that they're actually retaining a lot of their players there and some of them coming over here, because if you think majority of our teams, do you have a lot of great Kiwi players. No, that was great, That's a really good game. Loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this game all show showed Joseph Tappany. This guy is a born leader, like he took the game by the scruff of the neck and won that game with his brutal defense. He topped the tackle count and made some hard yards when I needed to. He's a he's a champions guy. He's in New Zealand, not some I believe.
Speaker 4: So that's what Suret was talking about, those guys getting symb That's what it was. You know your players are too aggressive, and sure it's like that's part of the game.
Speaker 1: That's you know.
Speaker 3: I think that the simbing words Simon said, I think that high tackles won't it's Stuart Winging again, as Nick says.
Speaker 1: That always mate, his favorite line is, who'll get asked in the press conference? So Ricky, what do you think about?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Mate? Well, I'm the one I'm asking you. Dick head into the question. You know, it's your job. And he still goes to at least once a month, he still goes into the press conference and says, you know, we're forced to be here and do this. You're a professional, first grade coach. You've been doing it for a quarter of a century. You're still not over the fact that this is part of your job.
Speaker 4: Again, He's not the worst coach right now?
Speaker 1: He was? He was. I said, he's the biggest winder. That's what I said. So anyway, moving right along, let's go into crystal ball already your mother opening up round mate.
Speaker 3: On Friday Night, Dragons and Knights, Sorry for that one we had. Joseph Tappano got the three. Luke Metcalfe the half got the two points in Sevillo Tamale came from the Dragons got and I don't know why I let him go.
Speaker 1: He's a great player. He got the one point that so let me batchrack and and hit the red one button and start again. Artie. Let's look at round thirty Crystal Ball Dragons Friday Night, opening your account against the Knights.
Speaker 3: Yep, we've got Ponger backing up and Holmes for the Dragons, so it's only one man each backing up and the money means back mister Blotto. So I've got a bad record against the Knights. Who do you guys like in this one?
Speaker 1: I've got the Dragons Dragons. It's a bit. The Knights were pretty impressive last week, but I haven't seen him. I haven't seen it. I'll go with the Dragons.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with the Knights because I don't trust my mob yet. I've still got no faith in them, so I'm going to Knights. I'm assuming George will probably go the Dragons. After that, we've got the Titans up against the Storm, Paul Dizzy Storm coming off a loss. I think the Storm are going to be up for a big one Coach Munster Grant Liero backing up, whereas the Titans have got for Tuaka big tenno and both former backing up from origin. How do you guys think for this one? I need to ask.
Speaker 1: I can't knock the storm. I like the Gold Coast, but I can't not go the storm. And plus I want the storm to win because that increases paramatter's chance of avoiding a spoon. And that's how I'm looking at the season now. So you know, third last, now getting there, fimbing the ladder, two points out of the eight, two points out of the eight. Now I'll go a storm on this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure, coming off lost, they usually they usually back it up with a big win. So godhood the Titans.
Speaker 1: The next one's actually a really interesting one. At five point thirty, Cowboys are hosting the West Tigers, I believe, and I believe Galvin's left out for obvious reasons or he's out, so so the number six is Heath Mason.
Speaker 3: Heath Mason, Yeah, he's the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Can anyone tell me anything about this guy?
Speaker 3: Not much, I've never heard. I never heard of it, but the Tiger the Cowboys have got kind of did and Nannine Robinson backing up. So that's four players. Can you believe this is the two thousand and five Grand Final replay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They met twenty years ago. Yeah, but yeah, who do you guys.
Speaker 1: Supposed to meet was supposed to be a dragon that it was Grand Final that you yeah, yeah, we both finished on the same points that you are. I only want it only won it through four and against the one appreciate we finished on the same points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first yeah, getting ready for the Grand four. Honestly we fell on.
Speaker 1: The last shoot our pants in the pressure, I remember. I'll tell you a funny story. Real quick, right, real quick. Paramatta had the best defense and the best attack that season that went into the printium against the Cowboys and Frank, my mate, Frank Tenure. You know about Frank. He was in the Philippines for work, and this was two thousand and five, so you couldn't just watch the game. We didn't have Ko and all that crap, right, two thousand and five, you remember, So I said to Frank, now, worries, I've got the fix. I actually set up a webcam facing the TV which he logged into from the Philippines to watch the game via the webcam. And he texted me at one point and he said, when's this game going to start? Man? They're still in the changing rooms. So Frank, there gous the webcam. Right, there's a bit of a delay there so the Cowboys won twenty nine last defense right up your as right there. I laugh about it now.
Speaker 4: But yeah, So going back to your question before, I had a quick look Heath Mason. And also I'm going to the Cowboys. By the way, he played eight games last year. I scored one try. He's only played one game this year Round one.
Speaker 1: No, no, I was only Jackie. I know I know who is. He's the son of mystery Missus Mason.
Speaker 4: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I think I'll tip the Cowboys in this one. Yeah, yeah, tough.
Speaker 3: One's under a bit of pressure, but Tiger's not missing anyone. They're going to be fresh, whereas Cowboys are going to have four guys backing up missing. It's a Lagi yeah, the missing Galvin.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, You're right. I'm going to go Tigers. I just think the North Coinsland humidity. I think the Cowboys at home, but they haven't been that impressive at home, haven't they. I don't know on the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys wife might have something to say about this.
Speaker 1: Both unlucky to miss out. I mean, Loui hasn't been great, but he's not playing at Penrith either. So the last game on Saturday night mainly versus the Broncos.
Speaker 4: If you can't do it, but I'm just gonna swop.
Speaker 1: It's that mainly. It's that mainly every game of this it seems to be most of the games since to your home games. I think the Broncos. I think the Bronx is eighth versus ninth. I think the Broncos this is a must win. Not not mathematically, but I think for the team morale and for the fans for confidence. Yeah, it's a must win. I'll go to Broncos.
Speaker 3: You know, the Broncos haven't played different since twenty fourteen. They're gonna have Carragan and Huspect whereas mainly's only gonna have DCE.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they'll have Cobbo though they're gonna have Refresh that get stagged in.
Speaker 1: It's also it's interesting because if you talk to footy players by having the past as well back, if you talk to footy players are having the past, they'd rather play the day one or two days after, yeah, three or four days. So it'd be interesting. Yeah, because obviously just they're wearing it'd be interesting to see how that goes. But I'm going to take the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Broncos.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting one too. So two Pom on Sunday the rabbit Os versus the Warriors. The Rabbit The Rabbits are in sixth. That's pretty damn good considering how they started the season. Another slow starter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or am I letting jig Gray play?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you now.
Speaker 4: He's on the.
Speaker 3: Mitchell's backing up.
Speaker 1: Isn't need a change bench?
Speaker 4: Why is he not starting?
Speaker 1: Latro starting? Yeah again again backing up from Origin.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Harris Fisher, Harris is back for the Warriores. I yah, Barnett.
Speaker 1: That's pretty quick for a peckingery, isn't it. Know? Yeah, Yeah, it's a tough one. Tough one course. I think I'm going to lean on Sous because they're starting to get into the habit of Yeah, what's the saying, winning is a habit? And I just think Benet, I think all that's smartest opposition.
Speaker 4: Last time they played last year, they won Warriors one thirty four to four.
Speaker 3: Is one aid of the last nine against Warriors, So the record's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys don't know me. When the bill rings, none of that matters. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think his Warriors lost last week. They're pretty hectic this year.
Speaker 1: They're not going to lie the competitive Yeah, they're not going away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the third on the ladder. So they're doing quite well. They're very very m Warriors for me, what about what did you say?
Speaker 4: Warriors?
Speaker 1: For sure, I'll go, I'll go the revels. I'll go the Revels. Sunday, four pm.
Speaker 4: Panthers waiting for you to smile. I'm getting the eels.
Speaker 1: There chance it's you know, it's like it's a pedalthone game, but it's a combat because there in a stadium, so.
Speaker 3: Clear, Cleary Moses are playing together tomorrow and then the few days they playing against each other.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you know if if if everyone backs up, so weird if everyone backs up, obviously we've got Moses Lomax, but they'll have Cleary to yo.
Speaker 4: But I just don't know what's going to map.
Speaker 1: Just you don't know, that's right. You don't tell me that.
Speaker 4: One person isn't going to get injured.
Speaker 1: I really don't know how to how to Paris. Last two weeks have been good, pen last two weeks.
Speaker 4: Haven't pans because win.
Speaker 1: Okay, consolation tip, it's one tip to lose. Are you.
Speaker 3: I think Penrith are more desperate.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: This is a tough game, toss of a coin. You know that the Panthers have won at suncle At at Combank It They've played three games this year they've lost them all, so really they don't like I don't like that Crownd.
Speaker 1: Well it's nothing ground obviously it's not the quicker.
Speaker 3: The quicker they got back to Penrith, the better for them.
Speaker 1: And again with me, it's a para matter. But we don't know what to expect as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'll get Penrith. What about your tenure.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Els, I'll go Yeah, I want to go Eels, but I'm going to Constellation Tip and closing out the round will be the Roosters and the Raiders. This will be a doozy six fifteen. Someday, Hey, this will be a cracker. I mean, this is a really tough game to tep. Right right, right right is sitting second, the sitting second, and the roosters are eleventh. And I don't think that's a reflection on where the roosters should be. But you know, based on current form, who do you go with?
Speaker 3: You Look how many players backing up for the Roosters, You've got Toyer, Lindsay Collins, lend You, Connor Watson, Angus Crichton, and then Raiders have only got Hudson Young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's quite a few.
Speaker 3: That's five players, and a lot of the four of them are from their their pack. They're forwards, so it's a fair few backing up for the Roosters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean Dominice Young's he's on the berserve a man. So who have you playing? Well, you might be going likely playing that. Yeah, I'm still I don't know what's happened there.
Speaker 3: So I think that Knights wanted him for Nicks and and for nothing and then the ruster said you got to pay and then they backed off. Robo said, he goes, what do you guys? They come twice ask for a player. We said you can have you, but you've got to pay and they said, no, we're not interested. They go what they want us to give him a player and for it as well. Like he was shocked by that negotiations.
Speaker 1: Time to get stuffed. I'll go the Raiders in this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going Raiders.
Speaker 1: And then we have three buyers with the Bulldogs, the Dolphins and the Sharks. That's it, or having a buyer that's it, And that's it. That's it for me, guys. We haven't got George.
Speaker 3: George's here tidbits the Super League.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want, if you got in front of yeah, I got in front.
Speaker 3: I'll go through the Super League results. Lee Leopards Ex Jerseys in the world twelve, FZ twenty six, Big Sam's team, Warrington Wolves twelve, Hulkingston Rovers thirty one, the competition leaders at the moment. How does Field Giants four out seam Tanya Saint Helens with Chritian Saylor forty six. He bagged the double as well. Castleford Tiger's got a six, got six Leeds Rhinos twenty nine. Brad Arthur's team got lan zero, Wigan Warriors forty eight. And this is the close one with Waitfield Trinity seventy two. Southord Devil's nill. What a close game that was. Hulkingston Rovers leading the latter with twenty two, Wigan Warriors on twenty and then you've got Brad Arthur's team heard on sixteen. So bred Arthur's doing all right there. He might win a camp.
Speaker 1: You never know. Breth. Yeah, Brett Athur is doing very well there. Yeah, he's doing real well. Hm hmm.
Speaker 4: All felt out for three months of the hand injury. But I'll make him come back from surgery so quick.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but that's it. That's all I got. So you know what, let's let's focus on Origin tomorrow night. Guys, enjoy the game. Yeah, I've got a feeling I'll be hurling Pieter at TV. We'll see, we'll go ten. You're looking nervous, and you should be.
Speaker 4: I'm not nervous. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to you tomorrow. But yeah, have a great have a great week everyone, yep, and shame shame we don't have Uncle George here, but hopefully they'll be back next week. Happy, be better, Yeah, hopefully, and hopefully we don't miss anymore because again we're all crooked. So it's just at that time of year.
Speaker 4: But it's been a hectic I think.
Speaker 1: Looking forward, yeah, looking forward to dissect your origin next that's it.
Speaker 3: Hopefully next week we can dissect the origin and not talk about Galvin and Gould.
Speaker 1: We can just talk about the actual football rugby league. Well yeah, by then, Galvin may have signed with the Roosters. Don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but unless unless gold gets you know, there's like a we saw blowcase and then he's just completely outed and then we are something fun to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would be nice.
Speaker 4: Greater people.
Speaker 1: It's a headline for good Corn Rookie Stewart. Have a great week everyone. Yeah, and I'll see you guys next week. And a listeners, We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: No worries seas or next week.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,