Speaker 1: I've been having a sneezing attack, so I'm not sure how far I'll get into this podcast. Here's a little fun fact for you. We did the podcast for about ten twelve minutes and then the computer screen said error error, and everything froze up. Classic, so it hadn't happened in a while. Yeah, I deleted huh we were we were due? Yeah, I went back and I deleted a bunch of files. So it should work now. As we say KDWB, the best music and the worst equipment. People do come in here sometimes and they look at our board and they go who because it's kind of like an old Honda Civic.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Yeah, like a nineteen ninety two in ninety.
Speaker 1: Two Honda Civic. If you look at it and go, huh is it still run?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It runs fine, gets good mileage. It smokes a little bit when you start it. But I mean other than that, but yeah, it works okay, And.
Speaker 3: We don't you always tell those people, wow, our equipment works great, works great.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah you say yeah. Yeah. So anyway, so let's start over again and read the same emails that we read earlier. Amazing, but they are really good, So Alexa writes in she says, Oh my god, Hi guys, my name is Lexi. I'm twenty six years old them and listening to you guys since the beginning of my time, Dave. I remember when I first got on the Internet, one of the first things I did was Google a picture of you, and to my surprise, you were not the overweight, white haired man I pictured for many years that I had in my head. That's a great thing. I'm also sad to hear about your sweet girl, Josie. My heart aches for you often. My two year old black lab Porter is the love of my life and I can not imagine a waking moment without her by my side. So much love to you. Porter. What a great name for a girl dog.
Speaker 2: I love a good beard name.
Speaker 1: And she sends a picture of Porters a black labb. If you've been paying attention, I didn't mentioned.
Speaker 2: Black lab black flab.
Speaker 1: And there's a picture of Porter. He's wet because I thinks wet. She's wet, and because I think she works at a hatchery, because hatchery works at a hatch or no, fuck you goddamn it, no, I'm confused. Lexi works at a hatch. Reporter must hang out with her there because there's porter wet faced on a boat. So let's talk about the hatchery. Let's get down to this one, she says, Bailey, sweet pea, you hold a special place in my heart. I'll tell you why. Last year I was working for the Idaho Fishing Game add a fish hatchery and would listen to you guys on iHeart. That was around the time you started filling in on the show. And man, there was something about you on the show that really filled my heart with joy and made me feel like I had friends from home while I was sweeping fish poop out of the raceways in the middle of nowhere. Idaho raceways must be an industry term where the fish swim. I don't know. Yeah, you added such a great voyage to the show and I can't imagine you without you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Do you think people are coming around, because you know, when people start on the show, they go I hate Fallon, I hate Lena, I hate Corey. They hated me when I first got here. Yeah, do you feel like people are come like getting accustomed or what's the word with you used to me?
Speaker 2: They're going to use to me.
Speaker 1: That's a simple word.
Speaker 2: Becoming fond. Yes.
Speaker 3: I So last week we posted the thing on our social media about like where would you want to sit on the plane, and like who would you want to sit by of the four of us? And I feel like that this is stupid, that that like airplane post really made me feel better about people liking me, because I I did get a ton of hate, like right at the beginning, for quite a few months, and now I've been here like nine months, and people were like, Yeah, I want to sit by Bailey because she has the best stories, or I want to sit by Bailly and Dave because they're so funny. I want to sit by Bailly and Jenny because girl time or whatever. And it was really nice to see how many people wanted to sit by me on a plane.
Speaker 1: And I think that's true. I think that whenever there's change, people will be pissed. And I'm going to be really flat out honest with you. But when Jenny called in sick today, my first thought was, oh, God, I hope she's feeling okay. I wonder if it's her anxiety firing up or whether she's got you know, something flu or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then, because this is the way I think. I thought, what if Jenny has a job interview for another radio station and she's taken the day off. Now, that's not likely because I think Jenny might be a little bit upfront with me about that. But then I don't know, So then my head starts going around like, Okay, well what if Jenny left the show the same thing. It's such a pattern that's so predictable, and I'm not blaming anybody, but the pattern is always, Oh well that sucks, I'll never listen to the show again. Yeah, Oh, it's never going to be the same again. Oh well, Jenny made the show. It's never going to be the same again. When Drake left, No diss on Drake. I really don't think Drake made the show, and he was a good contributor, but I would It would be stressed for me to say Drake made the show, but there were people who say Drake made the show. I'm not going to listen anymore Steve. When Steve left, he was here for sixteen years. So Jenny, you better not have a fucking job interview today and leave the show because I don't want to deal with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well, there's only one constant in life. And that's change.
Speaker 1: They're gonna say, Dave, Dave, Yeah for now, wait for now?
Speaker 3: What do you know.
Speaker 1: Anyway? Ps at the hatchery, I did not watch fish pro create all day. Sorry to ruin that dream of year's Dave, because I said, one day I want to retire work at a fish hatchery. You said why, I said, someone wants the fish getting on. That'd be kind of hot. It's kind of making me horny just think about it now.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: I think it would be fun to go to a fish hatchery in general, because I've never been to one. I have no idea what they do there. It would be an entirely brand new learning experience.
Speaker 1: I actually have, now that you bring it up. I went to one in Great Falls, Montana, and I don't know with the technological differences now is a long time ago. They're big pools. They look like a big round pool. Yeah, they have a whirlpool current, so the fish always feel like they have something to swim against.
Speaker 2: What are they four?
Speaker 1: Oh for like for either putting in streams and rivers and lakes and things like that. So they're a hatchery nut. So you can, you know, put it in the freezer down at cub but so they can stalk lakes and rivers and that type, I believe.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I had no.
Speaker 3: So it's like, so it would be kind of the same thing if we were like, hey, we're getting low on birds, so we would have a bird hattery and then just let them loose.
Speaker 1: I think. I mean, there's never that. There's got to be commercial hatcheries too, now that I think about it, Yeah, because you know, you'll say like wild caught salmon, and like Jenny was harping the other day like not I only eat wild caught salmon and cage free eggs. I'm like, yeah, but you're still killing the salmon and killing the eggs. So but I think that there are fish hatchery salmon and fish hatchery trout.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: And so I don't know. Maybe maybe Lexi.
Speaker 2: Can write to us, Yeah, LEXI tell us what a hot tree is for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think it's for stalking, especially when you work at the game department. She works at Fish and Game, So interesting, she said, Although part of my job was to spawn fish, which required retrieving milt, which is sperm from the males and eggs, can you imagine how what a difficult job that would be to jack off a fish. I mean, you got to find a little fish dick and jack him off.
Speaker 3: You show them a little picture of like big old boobies, fish boobies.
Speaker 2: You're like, hey, check this out, and then.
Speaker 1: You give a little jerk off and then he comes into like a little petry dish or something. Well, then you move on to the next one.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry you have to go through that anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you get this fish sperm, but whatever, and she said, then you got to get eggs from the female broodstock. Anyway. I could talk all day about anything with you guys, but I'll leave it at that. I love you and I hope you have the best day ever. Love Lex and Lex. She sends in pictures of herself and she is probably she looks like a model. She's probably twenty eight ish years old. I'm not good at this.
Speaker 2: Did you say she was twenty six in her email?
Speaker 1: Did she say?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh? So?
Speaker 2: Sheld wow.
Speaker 1: Well I also said she looks like a model, so you know, I was off by two years. And in this one she's holding what looks like a sawkey salmon.
Speaker 2: Now I made that up.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fish is that she's holding. But she's holding a large live fish.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: You know, my cousin Myron holds the world record for sawguy caught through the ice.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember you telling me that and I had to google saguy. I think it was on a Minnesota goodbye like a year ago, and we talked about it for like an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, it doesn't come up very often, but it's just such a family fun fact. My cousin, Myron Kibbler. Look it up. He holds the world record for saguy, which is a cross between a saga and a walleye, and he caught it through the ice twenty thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: You should be in the museum, the Freshwater Fish Museum that's in Wisconsin. If he's not already, it might be because I went to that this fall. Honestly, super fascinating. I was surprised there fish everywhere. It was so cool.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that you went there. I mean, was this Dungeons and dragon shop nosed or what trip was like?
Speaker 3: If you want to go to something that's kind of like dorky and fun, like, go to this fish museum. And it was so funny. They had like a giant fish outside that you could walk into. Okay, but then the whole museum itself just had a ton of fish.
Speaker 1: When did you go there, October? I remember seeing a picture from there. Yeah, yeah, so we post a picture.
Speaker 3: So cool.
Speaker 1: Next one, Kelly writes in Hello there, morning crew. I wonder if there's anybody else there like me that's making little mental notes or sticky notes in your head about what they can write in about when they finally have a minute to write into the Minnesota Goodbye. With that being said, I have finally found that minute I wanted to write. In response to jan Nita's rant about a month ago or so ago when she was talking about people that take forever to back out of a parking spot, Well, sorry, wan Nita, but I'm gonna have to admit that I'm one of those people that's gonna pish you the hell off. I'm a mom of a one and a half year old and a three year old, and sometimes that little extra time I get to spend in my parking lot in my car doing absolutely nothing is the only time I get, only me time I get. So yeah, I might be scrolling on my phone checking my grocery list to see where my next stop should be, answering texts or calls because I'm not messing around on my phone while I'm actively out running errands. And I got my kids and if they're strapped in, I don't got to worry about them, so I get a few minutes. So yes, I'm gonna take time. And if I see somebody hind me with their blinker on trying to rush me out of me time, you sure as hell better believe I'm gonna sit there even longer, because why should you be allowed to rush me out? But I can't slow you down. The day before, when Nita sent in a rant, I had the exact opposite rant in my car while another vehicle just circled the spot while I was in like a vulture, even though there were other levels on the ramp that they could go up. Let's hope want Ee and I don't end up in the same parking lot. Ha ha. On another note, regarding parents sitting in the first class section of the airplane with their baby, I think it's perfectly okay. The parents don't know. The parent didn't know their baby was gonna cry, and likely got the seats to have a bit more room, specifically to care for their baby and all the things that come with it. I've never traveled with my kiddos, but I definitely get first class if I could afford it. Also, first class isn't much of a thing anymore. Business class is the place to be nowadays.
Speaker 2: What's the difference?
Speaker 1: Well, here she explains it. My husband and I got business class for our honeymoon, and you get your own little pod area that you can lay all the way back and relax. Would I bring my baby in there? Just bb Anyway, I don't want to empty my entire sticky note list in just one email. So I suppose this is where I will leave you today. By from Kelly. I didn't know that's what business class was Carson when he was on the lou tour that they flew kind of all over the world in business class, and Carson would send a picture of himself, you know, at twenty two, twenty three years old, laying back on like a like a couch with a TV and a refrigerator, at a golf simulator and a you know, I mean, it was like it was like, Wow, that's kind of cool. That apparently is business classness class.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that that's kind of fancier than first class. Just you wouldn't think business versus first.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have thought so either, because first is first.
Speaker 2: Now I want to sit in business class.
Speaker 1: Well, I really like first class. We've sat there a few times. There have been a couple of times where we said let's just spring for it. Yeah, and other times, because you know, we fly enough, that were like diamond something or other. I don't understand all that, but it's like, okay, you can upgrade to first class. Here's the experience in first class. You get to get on first Yeah, okay, that's one thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: While you're sitting there, you're in a more comfortable chair. Instead of three across, it's two across.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: You get a bigger arm rest, so you both have an arm rest. There's a cup holder built into the seat. You get a little bit more leg room. They bring you coke zero or cocktails or wine while you're waiting, and then while the plane's in flight, you get your cocktails and diet coke for free.
Speaker 3: Oh really cocktails for free?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, I would get shit faced on that plane.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean it probably would maybe one day you should maybe, And I think that's kind of about it's just more spacious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they usually only let first class people use the lavatory up front.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because they got the little curtain and.
Speaker 1: They get the curve. Yeah. So if you can spring for it, if your honeymoon or an anniversary and you can afford it, I'd say spring for it, just to kind of experience it. We don't fly first class that often, trust me, because I don't mind sitting back in coach. Yeah, I don't mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't. I mean it's it's much.
Speaker 1: It's not horrible.
Speaker 3: A small amount of time in my life. Like even when I flew to London, I rode coach because I'm poor. But it only bothered me on the way back because we had a bank of four seats in the middle of the plane and the lady sitting next to me took up the three seats.
Speaker 1: Who's sitting next to you, so it was.
Speaker 3: Four seats and it was me this woman. Yeah, so I was on the aisle. This woman was sitting next to me, and then the two seats next to her were open, and so I assumed she would move down to the other side.
Speaker 1: Of the air and she didn't.
Speaker 3: No. She what she did was she put down. She put up all of the armrests so that she could lay down on all three seats. But I couldn't call her out for it because she didn't speak English and she seemed like a nice lady, so I didn't want to annoy her or be upset.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Was it that rude? Or was that okay?
Speaker 2: Isn't that?
Speaker 3: It was so weird too, as when she laid down, her feet touched me so like I didn't even have my own seat to myself because she was in it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's really interesting to me, so weird. I'm trying to think whether that's rude. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, were open next to me, I probably wouldn't have laid down, but you.
Speaker 1: Would have moved over. I would have moved on, would have moved over. And I think maybe the right answer would be sitting the opposite aisle seat, yes, and then lean over. Now you're in two seats, in two seats.
Speaker 2: So I can have two seats. But she didn't. She laid down on all three seats.
Speaker 1: It's funny how, just like how people, some people just don't feel that way, and it was only.
Speaker 2: When she was napping. When she wasn't she was sitting in the seat directly next to me.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Move.
Speaker 1: We flew all the way to Japan six years ago, back in coach and we were fine. And that's like a fourteen hour flight something like that. And it's one of those flights where you get on it and you're in for the long haul. Yeah, and you pull out your switch, and you pull out your puzzle book, and you pull out your magazine, and you pull out three movies.
Speaker 2: On the way to London. Yeah, there on the way back, three movies.
Speaker 1: And that's a Does it ever frighten you? And this is the thing that frightens me about overseas flight. The engines go out, you got nowhere to land? Yeah? Does that ever occur to you? I mean dozens or hundreds or thousands of flights happened between here and Australia and Japan and Hawaii and London and France every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You never hear about a plane, like, I don't know, running out of gas or having an engine go out over the middle of the Atlantic. Yeah, but that is one thing that when I do fly that way, it worries me a little bit.
Speaker 3: I always think, you know, if the plane goes down, I'd rather it hit the ocean than hit a building or something, because I feel like if it hit the ground or hit a building, I would die instantly.
Speaker 2: If it hit the ocean, I could float.
Speaker 3: Maybe, and hopefully someone would find out that we were there and they could come rescue OUs.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me give you a little dose of reality.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: The ocean as you're thinking of it is flat. Yeah, well it's not. It's covered with waves and troughs and things like that. So if the plane is coming down, it's going to hit one of those waves or troughs at probably about two hundred miles an hour, breaking the plane into a b